Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim Love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah you know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, We're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it in at the end. We leave it with is a listed spirits think you want to revisit? So your first second listen, young folks say you slip? Oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 1: Hey, no this do what you do? No do what you do?
Speaker 3: Can't no do what I do?
Speaker 1: No this.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, hey, this is comedian playing my role and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learned. I am your host and along with my beautiful co host and one and only I CONTs Bobby Clipping, Hi you, hi you juts, we are here to this week to give you what we have. This is a grand week because this is Thanksgiving week, which which we will touch on later in the show. Thanksgiving me so many different things, to so many different people and for so many different reasons, and we'll talk about that later, but right now we're gonna start off with this, so thank you. On Saturday, I was in Oakland, California with Tiffany had its Saturday the eighteenth and little real for the best friends to it. Thank you at the World Famous What was the name of the theater we were at. I can't remember. It was fantastic though it was. It was so nice. It's a historic THEA a good guy. My mind just went blank and I haven't even had nothing.
Speaker 1: It's a movement, a menopause.
Speaker 4: It was definitely a men oh Paul, because I'm pausing these men. It was so wonderful and it was a great show. Oakland was so wonderful and great. Thank you. And then Sunday I did I did the Diva Symboley singing, which is Shirley Raps the longest running AIDS and hiv awaren this aide benefit in the country. This was her thirty third year I went. It was a grand affair. She hosted and constant changed five or six times. Oh my god. So many phenomenal entertainers was on the show. Jordan Sparks one American Idol season six, was there she was fantastic. Amba Riley just murdered the show. Anthony Hamilton, Shirley Ralpde. Her thing to open the show was Laverne Cox. And we're still waiting on how to open the show. I ain't gonna say nothing bad about it, but our damn sure ain't gonna say nothing good. Good God. She sang operatic a German opera. Right. She started trying to be soprano. She started trying to be soprano, but mid song she went full very white. I think she went two octors lord and very white. And it's up on my YouTube and my Instagram page. If y'all want to go, get y'all a good old snicker, because it was a good snicker for me. I said, next to a beautiful woman, a beautiful white woman. She's a TV actress. I'm not gonna mention her name, but when I tell you, she is my new road dog. Because me and her said next to each other, and we were like the two old me and muppets. We were really, oh my god. We had the a Nissi nash VIT's wife Jessica Bett, did a fantastic job. It was a great show, grand event. It raises its money for health awareness and all of that. So I was glad to go. And this is Thanksgiving week, Bobby Clipper, how are you? How was your week?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm breaking in the elastic wasist pants. I'm getting ready. I'm getting ready for the big day like an athlete. I am doing my stretches and I'm getting ready for the turkey. I'm okay. Things have been okay, kind of getting ready for the holidays, cleaning up the yard, putting away gone stuff. You know, it's cold here. I know you have beauty twelve months out of the year, but we don't have that here in Boston. Gets a little nippy.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna be able to do with the code, especially in Boston because that's the white people cove. There's a different kind of see the black people co and then there's white people. Oh, I know every white people don't get cold until it gets arctic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but it's funny it's coming in. We've had this super unseasonable We've talked about this before weather this year, and then all of a sudden, it was like sixty eight on Friday, and then we went down to like thirty somethings Sunday, And let me tell you, when it goes that quickly, it hits different. It's like, I feel like my grandmother, my my blood, didn't get a chance to second or she'd say these most ridiculous things. But now that I'm probably pushing the same age she was when she said them, I get it.
Speaker 4: It's cool where we're going, Bobby, what's happening in the world? Woah?
Speaker 1: Did you hear Jimmy Kimmel is going to host the twenty twenty four Academy Awards.
Speaker 4: I heard they will just not give me my job. I don't know why they keep back passing me to give that job to everybody. But I think he's going to do a great job.
Speaker 1: He's terrific, and I think he's breaking them in for you. You know what I would love to see. I'd love to see you and Jimmy Kimmel. I think there would be a lot of Yeah. I think that that would be a great Say.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, did you say and Jimmy Kimmel? Or in Jimmy now that yeah, Well he's really not my top.
Speaker 1: Two of you have say there, look at it. I'm turning red. People can't even see no. I think that would be great because I'd love to see the back and forth between the two you. I think that would be I think that'd be terrific. But he has historically, I think he's done a really good job in the in the past. Takes a certain person, as you know, to be a really good host to keep people engaged, and he kind of plays off of people and circumstances. I mean, they obviously have a script when they go in, but he can add lib you know, very well as well.
Speaker 4: So I thought that I could be his I could be his I could be his trans year.
Speaker 1: There you go, Oh my god, you might have you might have to paint him mount mustache on you, but but you absolutely, absolutely, you absolutely could, you know, And we'd have to dig a hole for you too, because I think that Gama was about five foot and a half and that's about it. Also, did you see the huge marketing stunt that Snoop Dog did. He said he was giving up smoke. I think the whole world went crazy, But that wasn't it. It's it's a solo stove fire pit. The Snoop DOGG Edition for three hundred and fifty dollars sold at Hardware stores near you get them for Christmas.
Speaker 4: I thought that the branding of that was I believe it. I love the way they did that in one day, and it really made it look like he was giving up smoking, but he he said he was giving up smoke, so he just didn't want to have the smoke and his clothes. I thought that was great, and I produced the Aaron Horrid pointed out a very valid point before we started taking the show to say that he must have really had that money in the bag already, because that was great strategic. That was great strategy.
Speaker 1: That was fantastic because and everybody was on that the edge of their seat. I mean first, at first I believed it for a nano second, but I went to the negative because you know, I'm Boston Irish, so you got to go to the negative. I'm going, oh, he's sick, something happened, and he's and then I went, he's not giving up weed. He's going to do edibles instead, so he doesn't have the smoke in his clothes. But I never went to a solo stove firepit that. It never was in my even on my horizon, So I thought that was that was dynamite. I love clever, clever people. I wish I was clever, that I'd have a bazillion dollars, right, But I'm non clever. Oh look, they're coming to pick you up plane.
Speaker 4: Not my big gas on my motorcycle. Wes wobble and they don't fall down, but my fat ass will fall out.
Speaker 1: Did you know that Monday was Transgender Day of Remembrance?
Speaker 4: I did know that. I just want to remember two very first. I want to remember two very important people in the trans flight. One is Sylvia or Sylvia's last name. I want to say there Row. She was on the front line, fighting way back with Oh what's her name? We threw the first brick. Good god, boy helped me. Right now. My man was somewhere her name. She threw the brick at stone wall. Oh God, my man is somewhere else. I can't think of it. If you call a name, ma'ma so as soon as you stay. It's on the tip of my tongue. But it's been a long day to remember things. But and I get a lot of backlash from being part of a community that sometimes don't believe that I am with them. But I am with trans sisters and brothers, especially the ones that have common sense. Yeah, I'm not with the ones that did not have common sense?
Speaker 1: God bless her? Is it Marsha P. Jordan Johnson?
Speaker 4: Excuse me, Marsha P. Johnson. That's her name, that's the name. Thank you, Bobby, Marsha P. Johnson, who was the face and the godmother of the Stonewall movement because she was the first one to throw a brick to get it started so that we would have the rights. And it's always usually a trans woman or a trans person to really stand up and stand strong or very strong in his in his Constitution gave men like Harvey Milk. Harvey mill maybe he rested peace, faught very hard for gay rights and equality, and which I think is what we should be focused on more owner is the equality more so that into this and I do think that we all should be able to live as Americans peacefully and happily. So to all my trans brothers and sisters, yes it is transgenders. They remember. I think thirty four trans people, trans women have been killed this year. I've seen a statistic so far through violent crimes. So I wish that we can fix that and get rid of that, and we can come together as a community. But we'll see, We'll see what the future holds. That's what we have to vote our present so we can make changes in our future. So okay, Bobby, where we're going next?
Speaker 1: So, speaking of staying on the sort of the same tax, the Supreme Court is not going to allow Florida to enforce the law targeting drag shows. So this is a real talk about throwing a breck. This is a real kicking the shens for Ron Desanta since this is one of.
Speaker 4: The good good because he should have never made that. That has nothing to do with Rond de Santus has been a throwing in Florida side for quite some time. It's starting with fighting Disney over some stuff because Disney is the biggest money maker of Florida, and then he comes with it. Don't say gay and don't say drag shows. But I'm a drag performer, Bobby. I did drag shows for thirty years successfully. Drag shows never hurt anybody. Drag shows has never stopped anybody. In fact, I've had women and me and come up to me and say, oh my god, I was in a bad place, but that song made me feel something. The way you perform that song. And that's not just my story as a drag performer. That is so many drag entertainers stories that they touched somebody in a positive way. I hate that they've tried to shine a negative light on it, but I'm glad that Florida gave him their ass to kiss and turn the back on him. He ain't gonna be the governor of Florida next till Man.
Speaker 1: Well, and I never understood that, Like the way that I look at it, It's all entertainment, right. If I don't want to see something, don't go see it. If you've got a problem, you know, then Ron de Santis obviously is not going to be in watching one of your drag shows. So that's not a problem. Don't buy a ticket. But why are you going to stop other people from a making money? And for me, what if I enjoy them, that's the type of entertainment that I enjoy, I don't get it. So anyway, it's the Supreme Court said no, it's not happening, So so on we move. So I know in immigration, Trump was down by the border, you know, spouting his you know, his rhetoric. Go how he's going to stop it and blah blah blah. I am going to say to you that here in Boston we're an asylum an asylum city. Say that ten times fast and right now, because we are so full flame. We are literally using our state's transportation building to house migrant families in the conference rooms and empty office spaces, you know, off, you know, somebody left and their office is empty, and we're putting people in there for emergency shelter. So I'm hoping Congress and I'm hoping everybody's paying attention and they're voting and you know, giving us some solutions instead of everybody pointing out the problem, which is what we talk about all the time. You know, Abbott is still poking at still poking at Biden. He's furious that his that his wiring was take taken off to keep people out and all that jazz I.
Speaker 4: Will, but anyway, well, with the with the immigrants, it's bad everywhere, and it's bad in almost every city. And I was just in the open and I saw so many homeless camps in Wouvu. So they're just going to be contributed to that. What I do not understand is they have all of these closed facilities all of these old warehouses and government buildings. Allow those people to clean those places up and give them someplace to live. The winter is coming, and the winter don't care whether you're homeless or it's cold. It's cold.
Speaker 1: It's not the only thing I could think of. But you can reallocate the funds. Is a lot of these buildings are probably not safe, right. They might have lead paint, the pipes might be blah blah blah. You know, everything that we get caught for. But if all of these cities are getting some sort of money, can you take those monies and instead of I don't know, trying to put people on hotels, can you fix up the buildings instead, you know, like I don't know, figure out another way to reallocate those monies, because that's not a bad idea, uh, you know, and having having buildings that aren't empty, especially in in downtrodden areas, you know, which read nothing but but miscontent or how whatever you want to say. Uh, I think having people and families living in them, that that's not necessarily a bad idea seemed to flame. That's a solution, whether we use it or not. You're bringing something to the table instead of just pointing and going, I don't like something. Speaking of rejects, this, the Supreme Court is rejecting an appeal on Derek Chavin, the the killer of George Floyd. So he didn't feel that he got a feel trial. Uh, and the Supreme Court said, you're staying in jail and he's not getting up. He's not it's not getting overturned. We're not overturning his conviction.
Speaker 4: I was very good to hear, very good to hear. I want him. I think what they should do is put a video in a video camera in his room and mind, and they should just every day, all day long, on repeat. They should show him with the same look that he had on his face, what he hid his knee on George Boy's neck and looked into the camera as if to say, you can't do anything to me. Remind him of what every day for the rest of his natural life. They should remind him of exactly how he looked and how he dealt with that.
Speaker 1: So that's how I I mean, he's got it. He's got quite the sentence right. It's twenty two and a half years in prison and then it's ten ten years and eight months to fifteen years for you know, he's got like two different crimes going and they're going to be served back to back. So the one thing that that is good that is still being upheld, at least in New York, is that we still have bands on police choke holds that you know, went through the Court of Appeals in New York and it's there's still not allowed under any circumstances to use any type of choke hold. It's not a modified, it's not a this or that. We're just not having it. So I'm sort of happy, happy to see that we need police reform. These guys need to be given other tools. We've talked about this before. I really believe that we need to have a social worker that's always on and the police, and many of the police. I mean, I have several friends at a policeman. They have degrees. So take take some some social work degree people and put them out there there. They'll be better able to deal with some of the tricky situations like this one. Something I'm not so happy to talk about mass shootings. So we're currently at for twenty twenty four, six hundred and eleven, just just moments before you and I came on probably well, probably an hour and a half. There was a Chicago shooting in Chicago at in the Pullman m YEP and Walmart free shot one critically. They they the perpetrate got down while they were loading groceries in their car and got away. There also was one in Dayton, Ohio, where four people were injured.
Speaker 4: Twenty years old. He was, and he was twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Something about Walmart. Maybe they're not liking the sales. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh no, have funny really so not I know, But here's the problem. Twenty years old, I got to twenty year olds. Here they go through the ups and downs. But I'm trying to figure out, Bobby, in twenty years what could have you so well, I can't even say that because we got teen shooters. But I hate that, and I hate that, and I hate that, Bobby. It's a holiday season, and my issue is always that it's a copycad of thing. We all are victims of going to the grocery store, going to Walmart, going shopping for the holidays, just you know and purposely privile ooh, frivolously without thinking about you know, looking over our shoulder, looking back because it's the holiday. See you on people thinking that people are in a great spirit for people in a bad state of mind, Bobby, and people are just angry and frustrated. And I don't get it. I don't understand that. I probably never will. But prayers to everybody involved, Prayers to the victims and their families. I'm not praying for me. I'm not wasting my prayers on the perpetrators. I can't. I can't waste my prayers.
Speaker 1: On that well, I can't even And I.
Speaker 4: Do believe that you can. Wait. I believe that you can waste prayers. I do believe that you can waste prayers. I'm not wasting my prayers.
Speaker 1: And it's just crazy. I mean, we have another you were just saying, being angry. In Colorado, there was a shooting where three people were killed, a woman that was critically injured. They got the guy and it was turns out it's over property lines. Playing like bullshit, you're gonna kill people over property lines. And this is the part that really gets me. You can't be too smart because you don't think they're gonna catch him, especially when you've been brought to court and you've been the police have been called over these property lines. You don't think you're the first place these people are going to go.
Speaker 4: I just I'm just your tree, Bobby. Your tree is growing over on my on my side of the walk. Yeah, your fence. Ridiculous stuff like that. Something as minute as that cut the damn bushes there.
Speaker 1: Just cut the like I can't even it's it's absolutely ridiculous. Something else that just happened. And I don't have a lot of detail it. We don't, but we just were mentioning this. We're kind of just glossing over the war in Israel. But the cabinet in Israel has agreed to whatever. We don't have the detail on it. Whatever the negotiation is for the release of prisoners. The only thing that was that I do know that was thrown out was that Hamas was looking for for every one prisoner that they would or one hostage, they wanted three Palestinian prisoners released. I don't know if they actually came to that. And you know, a lot of these Palestinian prisoners were put in without without any put into jail in Israel, without any any trial or whatnot. I don't know. They might have some sort of reason to believe that they're hermas. But I'm happy to see that maybe or hope that maybe some of these people will be home for the holidays, some of these innocent people that were again just living their life, not being I won't even say for us, just just nonchalantly living their life, walking down the street, minding their business, just like the people in the Walmart parking lot, putting their groceries in. Hopefully they'll they'll be they'll be home. So fingers and toast crust.
Speaker 4: It's very scary about it, very very crazy. Okay, let's go, let's get to something, all right, So we're moving on. Yes, it is this country. I hate that this country is going in that direction, and it just you know what it is. But it's all another one. I hate that we like that we are like that. It's another one. It's so mad to us. It's like nothing to us. Good God, it's a different time though, okay, is it is a different time.
Speaker 1: So just as just two quick things. On Trump of Colorado, judge rules that the former Trump did engage in the insurrection, but rejected an attempt to remove him this from the state ballot in twenty twenty four, finding that the Fourteenth Amendment insurrectionists fan doesn't apply to presidents. So my guess is this is probably going to go to because a lot of states want to remove him this way, This is probably going to end up going to the Supreme Court. But I bet that they're going to tap dance and say they're putting it back to the States. But that will be interesting. He also his gag order has been has been. I don't know if lifted is the right the right lifted?
Speaker 4: Lifting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he can somehow talk about talk about the uh staff of the trialphy of Jack Smith's staff. I don't know how. He's not supposed to be mean, but I don't know. Everything that comes out of his mouth is mean. So that's it on Trump.
Speaker 4: I don't want the gag order was lifted so that he can still take control of the narrative of why he's in court. That's all that is ridiculous. That's what he does. He goes to the public, He goes to the court of public opinion, and he directs this train and they follow this, they sip, they stand in land. The worst he does, the more popular.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe that we are going to have another Biden Trump matchup, you know, and I hope Iiden, I mean his she's pulling and I'm hoping that people that they're pulling are just they're not great, They're not an actual representation of what the country is, because I can't believe that people are doing worse than what Trump did with all and he's had two wars to battle the COVID. He's had a lot on his plate, let me tell you. But what he also sat on his plate his birthday cake because he turned eighty one this week.
Speaker 4: He did turn eighty one. And speaking of and speaking of Trump and all the foolishness he the way that he is really controlling it, Bobby with with with what it looks like to be a cult. It's just his followers and his people who believe in and what he is so disparaging. And so now you be back to the Trump and like you said, we back down to a Trump Biden race. But I don't believe the poll numbers because Biden is doing the job. The polls, the post can be shaky, the post can be messy, but it is very scary to think that this man might get four years on the revenge kid because he's not on to he wants to do. He is on to pay.
Speaker 1: He wants to change. He wants to put federal government because that's under his control, and charge more. He wants to put the military, you know, and taking people out more. You know, like if you do something he doesn't like, they could take him, put you right in prison. He's looking for immigrants to be like whisked up, don't even have their papers checked and thrown into their country. Uh he's I mean, he's coming out right out and saying it. You know, he's telling us all exactly what he wants to do. So we people have to pay attention. Did you see that President Biden pardoned Liberty and Bowel the two turkeys, So they're not gonna they're not gonna wind up on anybody's plate for for Thanksgiving. That's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: If I'll just say this, if I was another turkey, I would be feeling some kind of way because you know how many they're going to get eaten on Thanksgiving? And what makes us best?
Speaker 5: And they let them, They let them all walk around, walk around.
Speaker 1: The Rose garden. Everything they were walking. They would walk in the walk from from the quarters right into where where the president goes into his office. I was killing myself walking the whole way. I'm like, I don't know who's cleaning up.
Speaker 4: After Here's here's a killer Bobby. They might have sur bad Thanksgiving, but would they make it through Christmas?
Speaker 1: They might be number one in line, right, so uh awful. We got a little bit more information from Joe Biden and President the Chinese president g He's President Biden seems very encouraged. He says, we're back to direct open communication. They're back to open comms with the military because that shut down. If you remember when Nancy Pelosi went to visit Taiwan, they shut all our our military calms down. So that's sort of good. They're going to crack down on fentanyl trafficking, and they're both going to work together for rapid AI developments and kind of just you know, put those, put a kind of package those up and put guidelines and bumpers on those. So that said, I thought, I thought b Lincoln's eye Secretary of Blncoln's eyes were going to pop out of his head when after they just had this whole big medium and calls Sia a dictator, which is it not true?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that is what that that is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh it came out of as well. But you can just know. I mean, I love Joe, but he's but that's going to do with his age. He just has he just has gaps. And he was very open about when people were saying, well, do you trust the Chinese, and he said, we got to verify. You know, you trust you, but you have to verify everything. And I thought, he's just being open, he's being transplant parent. He's letting him know he's not gonna you know.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what and that's yeah, And that's what they're saying by me that he's not doing his job because what he's still doing again is mending fences. He's fixing, fixing the cracks and the fences that the last administration left in there. We have to repair our foreign allies, we have to repair those those relationships because we need as outside of America to protect America.
Speaker 1: But it's the truth, and I think, but I think president, but he's he's an older guy. And what I mean by that is, so we don't this big, virile, you know, six foot six guy that kind of is scary by his stature, he has to kind of come out and say what he's thinking. The trust is going to be about us, you know, us having a back and forth communication and us verifying the information. I'm not going to just trust you, kyte Blanche. You know that that's what could get us into trouble here. So she thought that, you know, there is the world is big enough for two super powers, and you know that was that was sort of encouraging to hear that that he wasn't thinking one should be over the other. So let's see what happens, and let's hope that President Biden can kind of keep the work the work going and keep the gaps to a minimum. Bless us a little hard. I mean, he's better than that.
Speaker 4: And his foreign policy, and his foreign policy is what got him in the office. I believe that because he has more experience than anybody else. So for that reason and that reason alone, even though I do a few more things in America, that is why I'm rolling.
Speaker 1: He knows where the bodies are buried. He remembers, you know, he's got like a diary, and he remembers where it all is. So you know, when somebody tries to tap dance and say this isn't what happened. The last time he can say, yes, it did on February second, nineteen sixty two, and he remembers because he lived it. November twenty second is the sixtieth anniversary of JFK being killed. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wow, it's My mother always talks about that. My mother and my grandmother used to talk about how sad of a day that was not just for America, but the black community. The black community absolutely loved JFK. They did, and they loved, really loved them.
Speaker 1: And Robert Kennedy. Robert Kennedy was so great, you know, they were they really believed in civil rights. I mean, the whole family, they're they're an incredible, incredible family. I just love him. You're shreiver. Her mother, Eunice started the Secial Olympics, which was so important for people who have special needs like my sister. You know, the Kennedy family had special needs and you brought them right out into the public. They brought that daughter out. So they're an incredible family. And speaking of politicians, great women, Rosalind Carter died at ninety.
Speaker 4: Six, Yeah, ninety six, ninety six. That was alone, Like the Bible says, you guarantee seventy if you live right. Anything out of that is a blessing. So she had twenty six years a blessing. She was married to Jimmy Carter for seventy seven years.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine she Wow, that is something I was joking with you, like the Kardashians can't even stay married for seventy seven days, never mind seventy seven years. But that is pretty impressive. And she the town that she was born in is the town that she died in, Plains, Georgia. So they just lived a simple life, a simple life of service. She was fifty when she when she got in in nineteen seventy seven. During her time in the White House, I mean, she was an impressive lady. She was somebody that spoke about things people don't want to speak about. She spoke about mental health and the importance of mental health and parody for mental health and physical illness. So you who has cancer should not be treated any differently or have less respect than somebody who has depression or bipolar disease. That was unheard of. It was a novel idea at the time. She was a champion for caregivers, which is something else that I have experienced. I just had not passed from Alzheimer's. And nobody thinks about the caregivers of the family. You know. She said, there are multiple types of people, people who need it, people who are going through it right now, and people who are doing it. The caregiving and how that was really important. And you know, she was a huge champion for that. They have they have the longest marriage, and she was an activist. She was big for women's rights and women getting women getting equal pay. It's something that Carter was not even to this day, was not able to get past. But she was on the board. She I mean, she was just an incredible woman, and so was he because he put her out in the forefront. She did this tour of different countries. She was the main speaker. There wasn't a secretary. It was her.
Speaker 4: But Bobby you said, you said she was an incredible woman, But so was he. He was definitely not a one.
Speaker 5: No sorry, yes, no, he said, well in nineteen seventy seven to say, it's okay for my wife to go and speak for the country, and she did, and she did so beautifully.
Speaker 1: Like Nancy Pelosi, had wonderful things, you know, she was the first woman to serve as a Speaker of the House of Representatives. Praised her as an indispensable, confident advisor to the to the President, and a pioneer on the world stage. She made hide staked diplocatic diplomatic mission to Latin. That's what I was just talking about, And Michelle Obama said she was. She was groundbreaking with the stigma facing those who struggle with mental illness. So God bless her. Hopefully she's she's at peace. And let's see how long as you have, said her husband, because he's ninety nine, Let's see how long he lasts without his wife. And he was aware, And I.
Speaker 4: Was not saying that to say that I wish any ill will and no, no, yeah, quite sometimes, but usually when people are married for a substantial amount of their lives, when one partner goes, the other one goes, and people always say, well, you know, they don't want to do without their husband. It's so much more than a husband and a wife. At that point, they are one. They are really one. Yeah, they are one. Their heart is conjoined, you know, like like as Siamese twins. So you know, it's usually I don't want to be in on this world without my person, who I've been with seventy seven years, is more than some people live their whole life, right, and to be married that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you think. I mean so I hope their kids are almost your mom's mate age, do you know what I mean? Like they're because they had a child like within a year. So it's amazing to think that they were still inactive. I hate to see them lose because Alzheimer's is an awful way to die. But they were just incredible people. One of my favorite quotes of Jimmy Carter is when he was trying to describe what America is and where he sees it going forward, and he the quote is something like, we become not a melting pot, but a beautiful mosaic, different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different dreams, all coming together as one. And I thought, let me just.
Speaker 4: Say this, Let me just say this. Yeah, that is beautiful, Bobby. But let me just say that I think some pictures of Jimmy Carter when he was nineteen in the military of twenty one when she married him, Jimmy Carter was the looker. Now, let me just say when he was young, and he has some black people lived. I'm like, well he kissed Roslin's whole face with them. He was a handsome young name.
Speaker 1: Well they were, and she was beautiful. She had these dainty features. They were gorgeous couple they had. I saw a wedding photo or something that they had had and I said, oh my god, they were they were lookers. I have no idea what their kids looked on. Oh my god, Amy was Amy. Oh what a shame is that that was their daughter?
Speaker 4: Always say, because people always say what happened to them? They got old. I'm like, that's what happens, you get old. That is the objective of living.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh god, yeah, I mean should we all be blessed? I think that is. But these are two people. Whether you liked him as a president, if you didn't like him as a president, he got stuck with that whole around contrast thing, which just just soured everybody. They lived their life of service, They habitat for humanity. They didn't stop. I mean, she was testifying before a Senate special committee in twenty eleven, so you know she was in her earn her eighties for caregivers. For giver rights more for more help to caregivers. Did they were they were a special couple and spoke completely highly about each other. So God bless Russell and Carter.
Speaker 4: Oh and speaking of caregivers, Bobby, this is caregivers month, This is Caregivers Awareness Month. So if caregiving taking care of a family member like Bobby of her sister, if you're taking care of your mom or someone, thank you, Thank you for your service, because it is the most selfless and the probably probably one of the hardest things to do is to take care of a loved one or family member because so much they come with so much, and mostly, but mostly, you need a lot of patience. Uh, in the words of the late Dorothy's more Nat Shady Pine's man, because Ms Valerie, you know I ain't doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so hardly you try. I was funny. I sent my sister a picture today. They had something on Instagram. And because I go into these sites, and they said that if you are with a loved one I was a parent, chances are they will live much longer when you're contacting him all the day. So I said, And they're both this two an older woman and a younger woman smiling at each other, and I sent it to my sister Colleen, and I said, Oh my god, Mom's gonna live forever if that's the truth.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 1: But that said, these two people are smiling at each other and we usually have our hands around each other's throat. So maybe that I'll shave off a few years.
Speaker 4: And with the caregiving, it's a great time to go into the things. Yes, Thanksgiving has many, many meanings to many different people. I know, y'all going back to the old what it all started from with the indigenous people in Columbus, I'm not even going to all that. As an American, the way I grew up, Thanksgiving was always a time to get with family, play cards, have dinner, talk about loved ones. Your grandmother and your auntie would always slip you a twenty or envelope with a ten dollar bill and it just you know, for getting good grades. It was like that, But mostly it was about the sense of family and friends and the food. If the food was the glue that kept us all together. Everybody cooked, and it was always one person usually in our home that cooked. My grandmother did all the cooking. But then she talked my aunties the cook but people will bring other stuff in a pola. I know that we have a lot of sadness in the world right now, especially in America. We have a lot of hurt, a lot of angry people. We survived this pandemic and we're still surviving the aftermath of the pandemic. But I want you, guys to find a happy medium to push your bad feelings away, just for that day. Push it to the side. I don't like this person, I don't want to speak to this push it to the side, because I'm telling you, with the way that the world is going and the way that it is looking, how bleak the world is looking, next Thanksgiving might look very different. We might not be this comfortable. We might be in a world war situation where we can't have a turkey dinner or whatever. So embrace it, take it in, push to the said. And I know people have done herriddous things to other people. I'm the first one to say, I'm not talking to so and so and so and so, but on this day, just some Thanksgiving, Just let's just remember to give things and be grateful, because I'm telling you, we don't know what things even gonna look like. Twenty twenty four, and we might not be able to ford a turkey. They are already thirty dollars forty pound dollars a pound. They're gonna be two hundred dollars a pound to come maket year.
Speaker 1: It's the truth I am. In our family, it was always feasting football and floats because Terry loved those, loved Macy's Macy's de pearree which started in nineteen twenty four. But I am very thankful this year to be alive and to be healthy. I've had a lot of death in my family over this year, and you never know. It can be young, it can be old. So I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for my friends and my family. I'm thank thankful to you Flame for this opportunity to do the podcast. I have had so much fun doing it. It keeps me engaged. I love it. So I want to thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh well, thank you Bobby Clivver. I'm thankful for you because you have been the one host that I have had that has really cared about this podcast, and I just want to say that publicly. That means a lot to me. It was never about the money with you, which is really, really, really about the importance of the show. So that's what I'm grateful the iHeart and Black Tape Network for three seasons Up, Laugh and Learn. Thank you to our producer Aaron Howard. But I'm grateful for my children, my family. I'm grateful that I got a home that I that I live in. It's not my home that I own, but I'm renting here and I'm comfortable here, and whatever guy got planning in the store for me, I'm here to take it all. Because I'm telling you, I know that some of my my statements can be a little controversial to some people. But I am who I am and what I am needs no excuses. I build my own deck, sometimes the ace and sometimes the deuces.
Speaker 1: You just speak your own truth, and that's what I love about you. It's not you're not putting up, You're you're speaking from your experience. You're not embellishing, You're not you're not speaking out of turn. No, so you people have to appreciate and that's what I love about you.
Speaker 4: Well, all your Thanksgiving ladies and gentlemen, have a great holiday this week and listen Black Friday, Say Friday gonna be Black Friday. For all the sales. By the way, it's black in my house every day now, just Friday, and I'm not looking for those Black Friday sales. But I appreciate you guys rolling with me and Bobby Clifford for all the time that we have. We have had a great time with Laughing Larn. We'll see what season four, if we have a season for what that comes to. But I am here for and I could not do this without my girl, Miss Took. Miss I can't. I can't, but I can't without Bobby Clifford because here at laugh Alone, we have the same message on the same model that will never change. We are never trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind. Because why Bobby.
Speaker 1: Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: Gobble gobble, and please remember to use your mind. Critical thinking is not a conspiracy. Critical thinking is what God afforded you to have, your own way of thinking, your own heart, your own spirit, your own way of doing the things that you see Right now, beat your own drum. Somebody else may not dance to your beat, but you're not going to dance to it's either beat. Your drum and dance to the beat that you hear. I dance to my own beat. Sometimes it's off, sometimes it's on, but it's still my beat because I own it. Just like Bobby owns her beat. You need to own your beat. Own your beat because I own man. That's gonna be naming this episode. Own your Beat.
Speaker 1: What do you have coming up in December?
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving dinner? Thanksgiving Dinner? I got, I got some more two days pativity and that of the pageant December, the tenth Queen and King Pagridge System which will be held in New Orleans at the Civic Center. Get your tickets phoned at the sentencific dot com for New Orleans, or go to Queen and King Pageantry Systems page. We're gonna have a fantastic time. Thirteen down changes. I'm doing down the rows, So I'm gonna talk plenty of it, and I'm going to talk plenty of it because that's what you're paying for, So come get it, come have a great time. Thank you so much for my Bobby clip. Thank you mister Aaron Howard Flametz and people out there listen to us and laugh and learn. Hey, this was a software but we waiting for something big to happen. Trust me, trust me. Outside of all these airlines and all this travelers week, something is definitely going to happen. You say on your toes, keep your head on the swivel in the words of Ttjen, and we will see you next week for laughing learn, Peace, peace, Boby see.
Speaker 3: I don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, ALI Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys. This is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn.