Speaker 1: Call zone media. It is a long standing, well known fact. And when I say fact, I mean fact not This is uncontested, undisputed.
Speaker 2: It is a fact.
Speaker 1: If you go to a Jamaican restaurant, they're not going to have your first three choices. It's just understood. There's another thing that's understood. It's that well, let me say it like this, here's my advice. If you're going to a Jamaican restaurant, pack a snack cause you're you are going to be waiting for a long time. Just and they they just don't they just they just move at they pace. It's an island pace, which I don't understand what you're so worried about.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 1: They don't want to have no conversation with you, Like it's weird. You know, I don't need no greetings. This is a transaction. Like we're not friends, we're not family. We make good food. You want to food. If you want fast food, you go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: That's it. Like, I don't what you are. You just we're not friends. Just order your food.
Speaker 1: Now. What's also understood about Jamaican culture Jamaican restaurants is if you come like open minded, not like and curious if you don't know what you're doing, but you don't come with a sort of arrogance like you know, let's say you you dumb and you venture out Kingston or you know, Montigo. I think a lot of like Caribbean cultures like that period, like and you're just but you're showing a type of respect and you want to learn. If you're just like, hey, uh, this advice is more for white people, like for black folks, they could be a lot more judgmental.
Speaker 2: But if you just like, yo, hey, I've never had Jamaican food.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to order, but I want but I like spicy stuff. Like I'm down to try anything, you know, I'm just I'm just down, like I want to learn more. Oftentimes, unless there's like a rush, like if it's a rush, that's different, dey'd bee like why I you know what you want?
Speaker 2: You know, like it'll be annoying.
Speaker 1: But a lot of times, like especially if it's a small enough spot, they might be like, oh that's dope, Okay, Yeah you like fish?
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, you know what do you like? I like fish?
Speaker 1: You know? You try to curry golp? You know, Yeah, right, you know, and then they'll just like show you, especially if you on the either you was like, yo, I got all the time in the world. I'm going owhere like I'm down for whatever, like teach me everything. Clearly, I'm pasty white, I've never done this. I'll just I'm down whatever. I'm not scared. Let's go, you know what I'm saying. Then, like a lot of times, there'll be a respect for that. Now, they ain't gonna smile at you. Ain't nobody go you ain't gonna get them type of pleasantries until you eat something super spicy and they watch it suffer. But most of the time it's like, oh, it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know, we like this dude.
Speaker 1: But the the one thing I could guarantee you walk in and you.
Speaker 2: Say, how you doing, man, let me get the oxtail on a how do Oh?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, let's see man, let's get the all right, let's do the soft fish.
Speaker 2: I know how that.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, how about let's see y'all got Let me see y'all got the curry gold and curry gold, curry gold. Wait, hold on, jay Don, you're not carry gold.
Speaker 2: I know how that. You're like, oh, damn, Okay, what y'all got? What do you got?
Speaker 1: They're like, yah, menu and if it foods a point at the menu or the point at like where the what looks like an impanada? Right like it kind of looks like that she just got like rice on peas inside of it, or like chicken, it's a it's a patty. They call it patty, like chicken patty, beef patty whatever. Right, yeah, menu, And.
Speaker 2: You're just like, bro, you just shot down.
Speaker 1: The three so you're gonna have to go four to five items down the menu.
Speaker 2: Foe.
Speaker 1: You could pick something and they just expect you to just it's just it is what it is. This is what's on the menu. We had it, I mean maybe we had it, maybe we didn't. Maybe it's all out. The point is ana, how that they not gonna have your choices? That men, you gonna be down to like two or three things because you can always go to another restaurant. Hey, you gonna wait, they gonna go at their pace. You're gonna sit there and you're gonna eat when we give you. I know how, they're not gonna smile. Get it.
Speaker 2: You ain't going for the customer service.
Speaker 1: You going because the shrimp or the lobster or the cocoa bread slack, because it's delicious and it is what it is, and this is the place we eating guanguan And I feel like that's the twenty twenty four election hood politics. Y'all welcome, welcome, welcome, Let me get the rights on pisa. I mean there's like skits, Like obviously when you're doing skits, there's an exaggeration, but you know these skits come from something like I just don't know what it is, but they just not.
Speaker 2: Gonna have what you want.
Speaker 1: Like you got to have like three and four choices, which seems like a better way to run our politics, right that you can have your first choice, right, but you don't want your choice to be binary. Who likes a restaurant unless the restaurant is so good at what they do, so flawless, so perfect, right that they got two things.
Speaker 2: On the menu.
Speaker 1: There's a spot called Little Squartro Milpas down in San Diego in Chicano Park. It opens at eleven and they close when they out of food. You get a to maalere Hale's dei Eros or Takethos, but that's what you're there for only. Now, if you're a vegetarian, I guess this ain't your restaurant. If you vegan, I guess this ain't your restaurant. But they got sense enough to not put it on the menu.
Speaker 2: This is what it is.
Speaker 1: This is what you signed up for. So there's that right. On the other hand, the Cheesecake Factory menu, the novel, that's a whole other situations. I don't know if I won't that either, Like, I mean, that's a word scramble, the Cheesecake Factory menu.
Speaker 2: And it's a book. Fam Like y'all really got this.
Speaker 1: I just feel like people just walked in and suggested stuff. Y'all was like, yeah, why not, let's just put on the menu where there's anything you can order cheffel pull it up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want my politics to look like that, but I will say the idea of saying, which is the thing I'm getting at ultimately in this is we've gotten to a place now in this twenty twenty four election, to where essentially, in reality, we got two options on the menu, and if you want anything other than these two options, you basically at a Jamaican restaurant.
Speaker 2: I know how that.
Speaker 1: And you like, but I'm seeing it on the menu. I'm seeing a Cornell Wes on the menu. I'm seeing a Dean Phillips on the menu. Even hell, there might be a mary Anne Williamson who just you just finally was like, nah, we don't have that and we never had it or not. I'm seeing an RFK on the menu. And these may not even even be your first choice. These may not even be the choices that you actually want. You just not really happy with the first two. And what all the polls are saying, and you don't even need to poll it.
Speaker 2: We all know. Don't nobody like them?
Speaker 1: For the things you do got, don't nobody like the only two choices you have on the menu.
Speaker 2: It's just the only things y'all got.
Speaker 1: This is not what I ordered, fam this say what I came to this restaurant or you telling me this or my only choice?
Speaker 2: You telling me my only choice?
Speaker 1: You walked in and was like, yo, let me get a Let me get a functioning adult without any felony charges that maybe has more than thirty years of life inspectancy.
Speaker 2: Anahadats what about this? We anahadats, You're like this can't be.
Speaker 1: This can't be our only choice. You probably thinking, like I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: How sway? How is it in a institution where we get to choose our leaders.
Speaker 1: That we the only option is two leaders that nobody won't. Now, obviously, when I say nobody, clearly is not nobody.
Speaker 2: Somebody won't.
Speaker 1: These people Trump consistently pulled at forty seven percent. Now, remember when he first won. I mean, the man only had eleven percent. It was just a ton of people in off in the thing. But you not gonna break his fan base. But forty seven percent isn't a winning That's not half. That's not a winning thing unless, and here's where it get bonkers, unless the person he competing with. Does the person he competing with have fifty three percent? No, Joe don't got fifty three percent. But if Joe has any I hope to having fifty three percent, he's got to take.
Speaker 2: All the other votes.
Speaker 1: And this is why people get so pressed about third party candidates. This is what it means to split the vote, because in our realistic situation, it's that the alternative choices. And I hate to say it like that, but that's just how a situation works. The alternative choices are going to snipe off Democratic votes. Again, You're not chunking away of that forty seven percent. You chunking away at Joe's at Joe's possible fifty three. You chunking away at that because Trump. Trump then broke the Republicans like and in the few the twenty percent of the independence.
Speaker 2: That's that's who Biden is fighting for. But like they know if they got other options.
Speaker 1: This is why people try to press you about voting for other options and say, well, if I vote for a third party, I'm just guaranteeing the other guy get in. I mean, this is why. This is where that comes from. Do I think that that's legit? I think that that's why in practice, But I'll tell you what I really think at the end of this episode. But for real, though, how did we get here? So listen, this show has this episode. Think of this episode most episodes is think of it as we sitting on the stove, we sipping whiskey or apple juice, whatever you into smoking a stove, smoking some herb or not smoking at all, or either way, this show big Homie putting you on most of the time. That's what this show is now today, I'm just one of y'all. Man, I'm listen, I'm mostly venting. This is us after work at happy hour, talking cheesemade masa, just talking shit about our coworkers. That's what today is about, Okay. I mean I do have like one thing to tell you at the end, like I said.
Speaker 2: But I just I live here too.
Speaker 1: And here's the reality, guys, Just to bring it all together, it's really not our only choice. We have a system that in practice which is very different than in design, and one could argue that it actually is the design. Its way to maintain power is that I convince you if you order off the menu, if you order something else, you are going to eventually guarantee the one you don't want. So if I am, you know, stark raving Republican, and I think that Trump is absurd that if I voted for a Nikki Haley, I'm basically guaranteeing Biden because I'm splitting our votes in the other way around, like if you vote for a more progressive person, you're guaranteeing Trump coming in. Now that I am convinced that that is again what practically ends up happening. But I wonder if it really has to be this way. And if you keep saying that, then and it's obviously going to keep being that. It's one of those like our belief in it makes it real. If that y'all following me, it sucks. But listen again, I'm just here with you talking trash about our coworkers at happy hour. But that being said, that is the thing that is very magical about American politics. There's a lot of stuff that ain't really real. It's just the fact that we think it's real makes it real. That's how constructs work. Maybe I'll do a whole show on that at some point. Anyway, I'm today, I'm going to give you some more background on some of the other choices on the menu.
Speaker 2: And the idea that like.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk about RFK because you got to talk about him. I'm going to talk about Cornell West, And I want to talk about Mary Anne Philip Marianne Williamson, mainly because okay, she's dropped out, But I think that there is something there. I think here's here's here, here's here's me not doing the hood politics stick. This is just me being a citizen with you. We are just so desperate for another voice, for another option on the menu. That it's almost like if you just give us just a little bit of sanity, just a little taste, will take all the other shit, Like, well, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: You know. It's it's a. It's a.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the girl or the person who just been dating just trash dudes or just just trash people. So if you meet somebody that just shows you the just the bare minimum of respect, just just the person, just the slightest bit of care and affection towards you, like a person who says, I could this is great, Like he don't actually live with his baby's mama like this, then this is good?
Speaker 2: Like fam, that's that's the bar. That's the bar. And we just we have been beaten to a place to where we will.
Speaker 1: Take all of and I'm just like we the royal We we will take all of the crackpot conspiracy theorists that is RFK because the brother y'all listen, we're gonna go over his policies, which are some of them are decent, but it's sprinkled with just pandemic like absolute you are out of your mind, conspiracy theory pilled but I'll take it because you understand big pharma and you're willing to say something about that, like just little things like that where it's just like we're just so desperate for another voice.
Speaker 2: It just please tell me.
Speaker 1: You have more on this menu than just the side of cocoa rice.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it, all right, we're back now.
Speaker 1: Please understand, the profiles I'm about to give you are just almost criminally thin, like, do not This is in no way comprehensive. Do not, y'all, listen, do not take this these things I'm about to tell you as deep dodges because they are not. What they are are profiles and other options and ultimately a case for you know, ranked voting in a way that so much any other things in our democracy actually exist in And just guys, man, the two party systems, it just it just it broke us and it just sucks. And I don't I'm not smart enough to figure out an answer as to like how to get us out of this death spiral. I don't know, because if I did, I wouldn't be podcasting. I'd be a billionaire because I would definitely sell it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: First off, though she's dropped out, let's talk about the rose water and charged crystals of it all.
Speaker 2: Miss Maryann Williamson.
Speaker 1: Now I'm being silly about that, but she got her original star power from finally landing a best selling book called Return to Love. Before that, she wrote this joint called the Mystic Jesus. So if you were somewhat faith based but kind of had a little woo will about you, you understood Jesus to be something different than the bully white evangelical conquering just bully that a lot of America sees Jesus as you may come from a tradition that's a little more again about Jesus being a mystic that's worried about much more of the spiritual, the inner piece, you know, the being. And a lot of times the churches you came from are either you're you're completely turned off by the esoteric or anything like that because it's witchcraft, or you're only wrapped up with the hyper pentecostal moving of the spirit. You know you want somebody it's like a little more mystic, right. So this was a number one best seller, like this is back in ninety seven. It's called Return to Love, a Return to Love, and it's arguing that how we can become a miracle worker by accepting God and by the expression of love in our daily lives. Right, So, whether it's mystic pain or relationships, career, or health, right.
Speaker 2: Love is the potential force, you know.
Speaker 1: So she's coming from this very centered So anybody who's in like this spiritual health and wellness world was already up on her right now.
Speaker 2: The the draw.
Speaker 1: From her is the fact that most people that feel like that usually have an aversion of politics.
Speaker 2: It's just so icky, you know, you just.
Speaker 1: Because you think that like the things that you want are so far away from being possible, or that you know, the like I mean, I was guilty of this as a kid too, where it would be like you know, I'd be I'd be chasing after a girl and she would be like, now you more like marriage material? Like you you too nice? Like I don't want you ever been told you was too nice? So you don't you can't, you can't get to the yams because you too nice, you know what I'm saying. Like you you're a keeper. I think it is a lot of ways like that. Besides a lot of her sort of woo woo kind of mystic talk. What turned most of America off, because most of America ain't gone to therapy is the fact that it's like you two nice, like this arena you finished, step in like they finish, eat you alive, like ma'am, you know, but we still like how you talk. Now, what are some of the specifics that's not just all this she is she actually has some very enticing positions. And again, because your men, you only got two options. You keep telling me you ain't got nothing else, right, and this the other thing you got is like, well damn, let me, let me. I mean, you could convince me that the steam rights is the most delicious thing here, because.
Speaker 2: That's all that's my only other option.
Speaker 1: Now she of this board, unless you're not talking about Cornell, which is different, but like she pulls the progressive thing on Gaza, She's like, obviously this is atrocious. These are these are things that obviously should not happen, you know, And and just if you don't know, like this is the second time she's ran for president, right, she's already been on Oprah Winfree, you know, she ran for Congress and Cali as an independent. But either way it didn't work, right, She believes in a universal health care system, emphasizes the need for it. Oh wow, how about healthier food, right, water and air and a less stressful lifestyle, saying that our current economics system hires the probability of sickness like food, dug. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like our work week, the necessities of being able to just like, oh, I don't know, pay the rent probably means.
Speaker 2: We gonna get sick more.
Speaker 1: You feed us plastic food, you know, with no nutrients in it.
Speaker 2: The water ain't pure, the air is toxic.
Speaker 1: Maybe that should be a part of our understanding of health care. That makes a lot of sense to me. She also wants to create what she's calling a Department of Peace to suppress violence and address the root cause domestically and internationally. Right, She has this more like listen, listen, holistic approach to policy, and it's underscored. I'm quoting this from Al Jazeera, underscored from her soft spoken, guru like persona. Now, the problem is people don't be owned that woo woo stuff, So people just don't take her serious. Right. There was a clip from twenty nineteen when she ran against When she was trying to run against Trump. Right when she was saying after a primary debate that she would harness love to beat the president the bear President Donald Trump in his campaign of fear. Then there was some stuff that came out, you know, on Politico about her having an abusive culture inside of campaign, and people were saying, like, god, she rerates people often. You know, all those things started happening, things that come with your star kind of like shooting up. You know, you're gonna get people saying that there are things wrong about you. Right, she's stating the bare minimum that there should be a cease fire in Gaza, you know what I'm saying. She's like questioning this idea of like this unwavering support to Israel life. She like, yo, unwavering, Like you're telling me there's nothing they could do that would make you You see how desperate we are for somebody to just say something that regular, right, that like undying like unwavering support.
Speaker 2: Guys, you tried to so there's nothing they could do that would make you change your mind. Nothing, twenty thousand Palestinians dead.
Speaker 1: Nothing, She says, I understand Israel's need to slay the monster, but this military action is only feeding it. That's I mean, come on, right, Like that's rooted in research and factual. So she's like progressive on health care. Like I said, y'all got to dig in. She progressive on health care. She thinks that healthcare should have a holistic approach and that maybe if we were you know, more stricter on the foods we allowed ourselves to eat, you know, maybe cleaned up some air, maybe add some climate stuff, then the necessity of so much you know, health care coverage wouldn't be that because I mean, I mean, god damn.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, she.
Speaker 1: Want to put together a Department of peace and listen, I'm not making fun of her. I'm just saying this is why don't nobody take her serious? Cause it's like where your claws at Like this we there's a belief that, like this system you're going into is gonna eat you alive. Now go to her website, Okay, get more deep into what I'm talking about. Like I said, these are cursory surface scraping things.
Speaker 2: But it's on the menu. It's just it's on the menu. It just don't nobody order it. So they like that.
Speaker 1: So the stuff she talking, I mean that ain't gonna pull no Trump votes, right you you pulling, that's you playing the left of the Democrats, like you pulling Biden votes. That's again, that's the argument next to brother Cornell West, who is also running. Now here's the thing, guys, we already know why y'all not gonna serve him up. Why why you're not gonna add him? Keep him on the menu. Just look at the dude.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm speaking reality.
Speaker 1: Mark ain't gonna put no man like him in the office, which sucks because in in my opinion, Cornell got the juice multi hyphenated. As an activist, he would say justice is what love looks like in public, he says. A lover of music, I'm a blues man in the life of the mind, I'm a jazz man in the world of ideas. As a scholar, deep education requires an habitual vision of greatness. I mean he channeled all he checks all the boxes for like a black man.
Speaker 2: You can't lead to people if you don't love the people.
Speaker 1: He speaks with that kind of thing thang, you can't save the people if you don't serve the people. He got that kind of rhythm in the way that he talks. He's a scholar, public theologian, right, a philosopher, and just understands the concept of justice. But what the concept of justice calls for is a dismantling of the system we have now. Right, So how like that, my friend, is where it becomes so much more complicated. See, the organism ain't designed to support this type of superbug. How can never kanez a chant down Babylon from a Bible scholars. So, like I said, here goes platform. You go to the website, see it yourself. Economic justice. So my first step is to abolished poverty, abolish hopelessness.
Speaker 2: Oh word, you just finish end it right.
Speaker 1: Establish a federal public banking institutions to fund public infrastructure and green reconstruction.
Speaker 2: Sure that'd be great. Establish a universal basic income.
Speaker 1: See these What I'm trying to tell you is people looking at this man and it's like, nigga, are you trying to build Waconda cus like, And here's the thing, Yes, that's what he trying to say, Nigga, we don't. It don't have to be this way. The problem is it's coming out of black lips. He ain't saying nothing more revolutionary than Bernie well, I guess he is in some ways, but like y'all ain't even want to hear it out of Bernie's lips. I just we in a world that like, listen, you can't tell these white people the truth.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all, I'm just playing. I'm messing around.
Speaker 1: There's a movie coming out, I know it's out by now, The Society of Magical Negroes, and the premise is this. So the phrase magical Negroes coined by Spike Lee. It was this idea of like this movie character's character in in the movies that are so integral to the plot, but they have no actual background, like there's no they have no history. They just kind of PLoP up in the movie with no beginning and they just they just got it there, like but somehow save the story like driving Miss Daisy, like you know, where does Nigga come from?
Speaker 2: Like this is the magical Negro, you feel me? That's it. So he coined the phrase.
Speaker 1: And then but then sometimes the magical negro is the guy that's like, hey, you know, well, if you just well, when the meteor is coming to earth, like if y'all would just put this formula in, it would oh nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: You know, the og asked the little homie, like, what's the most dangerous animal in the world, and the.
Speaker 2: Guy goes the sharks. He goes, No, it's white people when they feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Because when they feel a slightly uncomfortable, a little bit nervous, bad things happen to the world. When you feel when they feel the least bit challenged. You understand I'm saying, when they see success happen to anybody else. So the Society of Magical Negroes what they do is they assess the feeling of threat that white people have and magically do what they gotta do to make them feel comfortable as to save the world. So it's satire, it's supposed to be absurd, but there's a critique going on here, and the critique is the idea that specifically as black people. But you can stress this stretch this to not just white people but dominant culture because obviously, again guys, it's satire. We're not talking about every single white person that ever lived, Like, come on, like, no, we's smarter than that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm smarter than that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the institution of dominant culture, which here just happens to break along racial lines, right, it just does. Now, we spend a lot of our time as people of color making sure that white folks ain't nervous, making sure that like we kind of like just kind of placate and not be too much of ourselves, cause when they get nervous.
Speaker 2: January sixth has happened.
Speaker 1: Too much can go wrong if white people feel uncomfortable. Right, So we do a lot of our team you know, I don't you know, And these are things that you practice, looks as as a young black man, these are things you practice. It's like, listen, you gotta you can't wear the outfit you was gonna wear when you're gonna be around a lot of the white people. You can't talk as loud as you was gonna talk when you be around a lot of these white people.
Speaker 2: Make them nervous.
Speaker 1: There are things that I remember I used to always have to do, even walking home, like to make sure that this white lady who's about to cross me, you know, she gonna clinch her purse if me and a homies like making sure that we like, okay, let me make sure, like how what do I do to make her feel comfortable?
Speaker 2: To make sure that she know so she don't call the police.
Speaker 1: There are things that we kind of have done, whether it's like if you speak another language, just making sure, oh man, you know, they getting urd Like white people get scared when we speak in our own land. They think we're talking about them. So like you gotta like, either let's talk later, or you know, do what you gotta do to make them feel comfortable. You know what I'm saying, Because it's like, because when they feel threatened, genocides happen, you know.
Speaker 2: So, So the issue with Cornell West.
Speaker 1: Nigga, even though that's not what he's saying. He's saying, my movement is love, right, it don't matter. He be making white people feel uncomfortable. That's that's the problem. You can't make white people feel uncomfortable with American nigga. Now, some of y'all may think that makes him the perfect candidate, right, He's he's hated by the any establishment, like the democratic establishment can't stand him. He's reviled among the academics because he called Harvard to task. He was like, y'all got me window dressing out here, Like I'm trying to really start a revolution in this mug and y'all like you know, y'all not y'all not with it, so like don't nobody like it? And he broke They ain't got no money for the for the for the campaign. A lot of the Democrats say like, yo, this is a vanity project, like you're an election spoiler and an excuse to get on television. The This is from the Democratic National Committee Chair Jamie Harrison in July. It was like this is this is not the time in order to experiment. They like, look, it's too much at stake. You can't just be out here talking all this radical stuff. Because essentially, as everybody's argument is, this is gonna make Trump win is because you're splitting the.
Speaker 2: The Democratic vote.
Speaker 1: Now what sucks is like, how in actual practicality that's probably true, that sucks, But anyway, the wheeling and dealing and the knowledge of foreign policy and the positions that America has, this would be a complete divergence in a lot of ways from what America the direction in America has been going since its inception.
Speaker 2: I just like, you.
Speaker 1: Can't The practical reality is it's you're unplugging your computer with seven seventeen programs running like you're just you're going to crash the system. And again, I don't know how you can chant down Babylon by being the president of it. And that's just this I'm not again, these are cursory things. This is why we can't have a good Jamaican restaurant because.
Speaker 2: When ahats.
Speaker 1: And last, but certainly not least, is the COVID denying Joe Rogan podcasting, child of an American legend, Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Jr.
Speaker 1: Y'all, listen, people really like this dude. And I'm gonna tell you why they like this dude. They like this dude the same reason everybody who do like the other two people I just talked about, because he talked to talk. He also smart enough to not do the COVID thing, Like that's not really what he running on is the anti vax stuff.
Speaker 2: He running on the stuff that.
Speaker 1: Could actually help him pull some votes. And then the part that's like really a brain baker is the fact that like nobody knows really who's fan base he's chunking off, Like is he chunking off Trump voters? Is he chunking off Well, I mean we know he chunking off the briden voters, But is he is he chunking off like he pulling from these other places that nobody like we ain't seen nothing like this, because like I'm gonna set aside the weirdness, because there's weirdness him talking about i'ma bring Aaron Rodgers or Jesse the body ventur out this mug to be my running mate, guys, sideshow Bob Styles. Okay, let's set that aside, that the pandemic was planned. The let's set aside the QAnon the which is there, like y'all just listen to the man talk, like, let's set aside the conspiracy theory, pilled stuff, and let's get to why why people want to hear what he got to say and why he would why people here want to hear what he got to say is in a lot of ways, the same reason people fall for those said conspiracy theories. It's because he's not ignoring the obvious Big Pharma is obviously crooked, it is obviously wrong, and we as Americans are walking into this restaurant so desperate for y'all to have a curry something like curry gold curry, chicken, curry lobster. Just please tell me you have some curry, some courage, bars somebody finally say and be like and really talk to talk and really like show the data that like Nigga, like all of us, as verifiably accurate as the science is about COVID and its vaccines. Why the vaccine, Why we got to it so fast is because we've been studying this strand we already did our homework. We've seen similar strands, so we didn't have to start at chapter one. We got to start at chapter ten and just make some adjustice and be able to get to the solution. Nigga because of microbiology, Because Nigga, because of science. That's how we was able to do the shit. Like it's not that it's not that serious. However, something that's plaguing the country, dare I say it plaguing the world, and you got to make us pay for it, and pay for it at an astronomical price. Is us So me with the bare minimum of brain cells to understand that millions of people died from this disease and I don't know eight people that can agree on pizza toppings rather than a an entire cub ball of people that's willing to keep the secret, like there's not enough money in.
Speaker 2: The world to keep everybody mouth shut.
Speaker 1: So the idea that like it's an inside job put together that like no, but damn, nigga, you got a point to say that our main political parties have lost their way, nigga duh. To say that you are susceptible to or or be holden to lobbyists, nigga duh.
Speaker 2: You know, like of course you are.
Speaker 1: And the brilliance the man has like tapped into is like with the conspiracy theory stuff you pulling in that right wing, with the like healthcare stuff you bringing in that left wing. And since nobody trusts the government, and he got a last name like Kennedy, even though his whole family is like this nigga crazy, y'all. Please y'all, please don't please don't put this.
Speaker 2: Man in office.
Speaker 1: Despite that, man has been able to threat a needle that people like Gary Johnson a Ross Parole, you know, Ron Paul. These people who are able to thread particular needles continue to cut through. Now why do they cut through? It's because we're just so desperate somebody to say something else. The man got sense enough to understand that climate change is real, Like he was an environmental lawyer. It's just like the he's just there's a part of him that's like again, at least he don't live with his baby mamas, like just where you could. I mean, he's Harvard trained, you know, London School of Economics, so just he's smart, but also really holds to public health conspiracy theories. I mean he also you know, took Heroin. Like just still there's there's some there's some other stuff. Our elections are a Jamaican restaurant Lena hadat.
Speaker 2: But well what do you got? Well, you got a.
Speaker 1: Person who understands it's climate change and knows that Big Pharma is crooked. But he also got a side of anti vaccine conspiracy theorist who literally said he might he considering.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers as a running mate.
Speaker 1: Or you can get a healthcare guru who actually just dropped out, Or you can get an academic revolutionary who ain't nobody gonna take series. That's what you I mean, that's what's on the menu. After all this, I will say, it is not our job as the voters to figure out any of these candidates strategies. It's like, you know, people don't want us to point out from at least from my circles, from these left circles, like we're not supposed to point out Joe Biden's flaws. We're not supposed to because if we do, you're just gonna make Trump win. Don't vote for a third elect third party because you're just going on make Trump. It's not my job to cover up his multiple flaws. It is his job to show improve earnest shit, Like if you okay, prove it, you hear what these people are saying.
Speaker 2: Like get your man's like, yes, this the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: You could lose my vote for you because you won't say shit about Gaza and you won't do the things you're supposed to do. You could lose my vote. Right, there's some things you can't do. Nothing about your age. You can't do nothing about that. Right to my conservative listeners, if there's like three of y'all, like, look, be real about your dude, Like you know what I'm saying, and at the end of the day, just look bro like, don't let nobody like vote who you want to vote for. Don't let nobody be like, oh, you're throwing away. That's not my job to figure out your strategy. You're throwing away your vote. You're just heading no nigga like show your receipts, like prove it to me. And of course you could be realistic in the sense that like, yeah, you're the dude. If you're gonna vote for a third part of your right, that person's probably not gonna win in a practical sense. But we ain't gonna ever see nothing better if we just keep letting them tell us that my vote one way is only gonna result in something else going like listen, dog, vote for who you believe you you want in off because some point you gotta tell that Jamaican restaurant.
Speaker 2: Well you better get that. But don't ever yell at it. You make it like that hood politics. Y'all.
Speaker 1: All right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off, get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com.
Speaker 2: I'm a spell it for you because I know M.
Speaker 1: A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and noble mattow Sowski. Still killing the beats softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.