Speaker 1: This episode is sponsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 2: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 1: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time Ticket and App is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all En pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 1: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download the game Time App, creating account and use code green for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again creating account and redeem code g R e e N for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Download Game Time Today? What time is it? Game Time? What's up? Everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with My Dog b D. What's having the Champion?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: My Dog?
Speaker 2: Followed the show on Twitter Draymond Green Show, so you don't miss all these dope announcements. In today's episode, we'll talk about obviously the Warriors, we'll talk about lebron shooting slump, and then we'll also react to the ESPN Top twenty five lists Under twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excited, man list?
Speaker 4: Oh man, fucking list?
Speaker 1: Tell me about you know what. I'm gonna stay on track and we're gonna get into that. But before we get into that, I gotta holler that my folks, what's up?
Speaker 3: Dub Nation? I love y'all, We love y'all.
Speaker 1: I know everybody's going to tune in here and be like, all right, I need to hear what's going on with the four game losing streak and how where's the team in mindset? And of course when you're winning, everybody's like, oh my God, they're back's twenty twenty two all over again. And then when you lose a few, everybody's like, oh, they need to make a trade immediately. And it's kind of this way how we feeling right now. Obviously we feel like we gotta win. You can't just keep dropping games. And I think, you know, and I spoke about this before, it's also one of the reasons that you want to get off to a good start, you know.
Speaker 3: So when we got off to a twelve and three star I think that's.
Speaker 1: Why you want to log them games, because the reality is, you hit these rough patches during the season, and sometimes you can want to do everything right, you can feel like things are going right and it just don't go your way, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, that's why you want to log them games when you came early on in the season, to kind of give yourself a little cushion.
Speaker 3: So, Harry, are.
Speaker 1: Riding a four game losing street and we're still two games out of first, you know, but we're also two games out of eleven. I think our mindset is we got to get back to what was making us successful. We were defending really well and offensively, the ball was moving, you know what I'm saying. We were cutting, we were knocking down shots, but we were knocking down shots because we were getting great shots. Yes, I think the quality of our looks over the last two weeks have dipped dramatically and so in terms here not shooting as well, and you know, things get a little thrown off.
Speaker 3: So we are confident. We're confident.
Speaker 2: We know we're still the same team we were a week and a half ago when we were sitting at twelve and three and nobody's in a panic.
Speaker 3: But when you lose far in a row, shit out of shame.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm watching, you know, when things is rolling and the magic is happening and the energy is high, you know, and then you know, bad shots hit are great shots. Right when you get in that lull and you take bad shots, you know what I mean, Then bad shots starts to mess with your pace, you know what I mean. And that's what I'm really saying. In these last four games, it's like, man, it's just the energy of the magic kind of caught up to you know, being in like oh, like I can just shoot this shot, and now your pace is off. So getting back to like a solid pace. And then I also, I have to say this, man. You know it's early. You know, we talk about, you know, preparation month to month, winning the month.
Speaker 3: The month of.
Speaker 2: November is over, December is a new month. But I feel like y'all banged up a little bit, you know what I mean. And I've been watching you specifically, Dog, and I'm glad we got the show because I wanted to wun Like, I feel like I'm looking at you and I'm like Dre and Vett we can't. We gotta, we gotta manage Dre for long term future. I was just saying something, I want to know how you feeling because I know you're gonna be questionable for tonight. And then you know, automatically as your og, big bro, man time, you know what I mean, Take your time, and I want to know. We want to know how you feeling for real.
Speaker 1: So interestingly enough, I've played every game this year, which has kind of been a goal of mine. And the goal ain't to play like eighty two. The goal for me is when I'm healthy, I'm on the court. You know what I'm saying. If that's eighty two games, then the goal becomes eighty two you know what I'm saying, Like I've been around this long enough to know that throwing out these frivolous goals and I'm gonna play for eighty two games, like if it happens, great, But when you start to throw out goes. Being a guy who's a part of a team that won seventy three games, I remember chasing at seventy three, and I remember I played concuss at seventy three and I ain't tell nobody, but I had got whacked by Joe Ingles. We was playing in Utah that was coming towards the end, and man, I drove on dizzy as hell, like for days. At that time, I was living in Berkeley Hill, so it's the wild man, I'm driving up there and like for days, I'm just a little busy. But we we are little foggy, right, but we're we're really close now, We're really close now to closing in on that seventy three. So I'm like, I can't miss a game or two. I can't go into the customer. So I ain't tell nobody, but I was fucked up. I was concussed, And being someone who's been a part of that, I know the toll that it took.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I know.
Speaker 1: Everything that you're uphill strength, you know, fighting up hill against and so to make a goal like, oh, I'm trying to play eighty two games. Sometimes you just rolling out there on the stretch in a wheelchair. And no disrespect to people with disabilities, I'm just using the term you're rolling out there peace together. I would say, I would say you're rolling out there piece together. And just to say I'm playing eighty two, but you probably really shouldn't be on that floor, you know.
Speaker 3: And so my thing coming into this season like if I'm healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm on the court, and that's been my monset, and I played in every game. Over the last few games, I've been a bit beat up, but still feeling healthy enough to get out there on the floor and try to help my team. And over the last few days, a couple of days since I started to get this calf tightness in my left calf. And the last time I got left calf tightness.
Speaker 4: You was out three months the last time that happened.
Speaker 2: That's why that's yeah, that's my concern, right because it's you know, hey, you're playing Hall of the Defense you're playing. You're playing great this year, and you know it's you older you extending yourself.
Speaker 3: You Garden Weinb's you Garden was like.
Speaker 2: That, and so you know, like load management makes sense when it makes sense. You dig what I'm saying, and like that, Calf, I don't want you going through that, you know what I mean. So it's like that's why you know, I think we all out here in dub Nation. I really just you know, want to see you healthy, bro, and see you like the warrior that you are, the dog that you are, the intellect you know, you just you know so much and you can you can weave through this calendar, in this schedule and be like Okay, this, this, this and that, but it's important for the Doves to have that healthy Dramond green because that's that's twelve and three, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Twelve and three look like yeah, one thousand percent. And that's kind of where I'm at right now.
Speaker 1: So with the experience that I have now and this from what I went through in twenty twenty two. In twenty twenty two, leading up to me missing those three months, there was games and they're all in a row of like yo, my left gloop's really tight, and I'm trying to like roll phone, roll it out and doing different things, and I'm like, man, it's just saying, you know, and they're loosen up a little bit and then come right back. But again, I didn't have the knowledge that I have now and the experience that I had, and so in my mind, it wasn't an.
Speaker 3: L five S one issue.
Speaker 1: It's just my glue type because I didn't even know all those things connected at that time, and so the symptoms that I was getting, I'm just like, oh, that's a symptom because I've been playing games and I didn't know what I.
Speaker 3: Was up against.
Speaker 1: So this time some of the symptoms that I felt, I'm able to better navigate and knowing like, all right, you felt this, this could mean this. You may need to slow down, you know, like it's okay. And so I think the idea of it right now is like, you know, tonight, you know, it's a it's an nd season tournament game, Like I need to be out there for this game. But at the same time, I seen this movie before. You know what I'm saying, you go out there chasing one game. I live the movie, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 3: I listen, I'm just like im. I'll be one hundred percent honest.
Speaker 2: I'm a little afraid, like to go through to go through what I went through, uh two years ago and missed three months.
Speaker 1: Like I'm I'm a little afraid right now. I've been saying that I have confidence in our staff. I have confidence that I'm getting ahead of it right now because I just got all these crazy symptoms and I don't need to ignore every symptom, every symptom that I have right now currently ignoring those symptoms, I know where they lead me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I don't want them to leave me there.
Speaker 1: So if I can catch it right now and miss a game or two or three, you know what I'm saying, as opposed to missing two or three months, the smart thing to do is to catch it right now while I'm already getting these symptoms.
Speaker 3: And so that's kind of where I'm at with.
Speaker 2: It, man, And I think for like the viewers, you know, my whole career, bro, I came into the league acl from college and played the first year, had torn carlage. Then the next year was like, oh shit, my back. You know what's happening with my L four L five, and like what I want people to know just through my experiences, like that back ain't nothing to play with. You could slip, you can get hit the wrong way right. But it's also like I think the scary part of injuries is like, oh, this hamstring is not bothering me. I can play through it, and then all of a sudden, it's your achilles, you know what I mean, Or my CAF is bothering me, and then all of a sudden your back go out right, and so you know, just being able to like I know what you mean when it's like it's scary because like that was my whole career, Like playing in New York. I came in with a back injury, I left with career ending knee surgery, you know what I mean. And it was because you ramp you rap, you rap, you rap you rap you rap, you ramp up so much right that you're not thinking about pacy And then when you.
Speaker 4: Feel good, when you feel good.
Speaker 2: You're not thinking about that injury until something weird, you feel some type of weird tweak, and so injuries with the psychological, especially as you get older, Like I think it's more important to be way more conservative, you know what I mean, because it's it's the long you know, it's the longevity of it. And I don't think the fans really understand that. You know, you can have a bad elbow. You know, you can have an elbow, uh, tendonitis, and then next thing, you know, you got a bad back, right, and so injuries compound if you don't, you know, take the time to let your body and your mind and the trainers help you solve the you know, the problem and solutions. So we want to see you back, but we also want to make sure, man, that you are taking care of and you're making sure that it's a pace, you know what I mean. So it's a great season. You're still in four right, two games out of first the West as wild. And then we also saw Steph you know we're talking about we getting into December, right, December.
Speaker 4: In January, February.
Speaker 2: Most pivotabal, most pivotal month, right as far as positioning, And then we heard Steph say, okay, we got this thirteen man rotation. Do we need to shorten you know, we probably need to be more predictable on the night to night basis. Those guys can get a little bit of rhythm. Is that shortening it to one or two guys? Maybe you know, I wanted to get your I mean get your take because you know you in the field, like explain to these people.
Speaker 4: You start the season, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Thirteen But you know, I think what Steph is saying is you're just starting to get you Okay, it's December time, Christmas start, and now for y'all, Christmas basketball season is earlier.
Speaker 4: Than it used to be. It used to be Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm finally in shape, a finally in rhythm. National TV game is cracking now with the end season tournament, you know what I mean, in the Emirates Cup, it's like, damn, that's a whole month ahead.
Speaker 3: You gotta be ready.
Speaker 4: To rock and roll.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because I think of a guy who when I came into the league, who was more of your era but was still going when I came into the league, was og Andre Miller? Uh give me at that time, just say ya, I know I actually had the guard point cards and like the whole like that's my matchup and Andre Miller used to.
Speaker 3: Be my mash up when I would come in the game because used to post up, used to play dunker.
Speaker 1: Drey used to do this thing where he would stand out of bounds, under the rim and as a as a as a defender. If he's underneath the rim out of bounds, I can't just stand in the paint because I'm not considered in the defensive three seconds on, and so you have to go cleanse. And when you go cleanse, he comes laid up.
Speaker 3: And he had all these little tricks to the trade.
Speaker 1: But one of the things that I remember Dre Miller used to say is in the off season, I let my body naturally recover. I let my body naturally heal, and then I let my body naturally get back in shape and I my way back into shape. And so he didn't do a ton in the offseason and come back. As you know, at that time, training camp was three to four weeks.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Nowadays, training camps three to four days.
Speaker 1: And he would work his way back into shape, and guys would work them with their theirselves back into shape. Nowadays, you're not allowed if you don't come into season in shape, you are so far behind the eight ball.
Speaker 3: Sure that for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: You you're swimming uphill, you're swimming upstream because because now guys are in shape, and so you're playing ketchup while they're getting in better shape. Then at the speed that the game is going, because everybody already came into shape, now you're tweaking stuff. So now you're fighting against that and all these different things. And so for us, now you have to come into shape, into into the season and shape which is a which is which is a drastic.
Speaker 3: Change for guys in the NBA.
Speaker 1: And so that's been one of the biggest differences since I came into the league when I look back at it now, you know, or and just where we are now today, it's getting further and further that way, Like you just mentioned the n Season Tournament, you know what I mean, Like those games are like playoff intensity, you know, and if you're not in the shape to bear that, it all goes downhill from there and you could be playing ketch up on something past the en season tournament because you've gotten hurt.
Speaker 2: And so when y'all start the season, that was the end of our preseason every year. We knew that Halloween was when the season started. You know what I mean, now, y'all start in October fifteen twelve, you know, flying across the country, and it's like you don't even get a break, right, you got to really stay in shape the whole time, because to your point, if you come in now, y'all place so fast, and so being in shape is one thing. Being in basketball shape is another thing. Being in basketball shape and being in rhythm is another thing. So if you gotta you gotta kick all that up by October. So by October you got to be in your December, you know what I mean, warm in October in order to start getting ready for players. That's why I see, that's why you see a lot of injuries though. You know, even with the Cup, it's like, man, and people don't understand the intensity of playing for something early in the season. Is it just you just exert way more energy than you do on a double overtime game in direct you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just like it's your sensors are up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The calf and.
Speaker 1: These injuries you speak of myself tonight, calf right, Like, yeah, it's calf injuries, it's halmstring injuries, soft issue injuries. Because all the way down exactly what's more than not comes from fatigue over you. You know what I'm saying, like, those are where those injuries come from, and so.
Speaker 3: I'm not one to sit and complain about them. You know.
Speaker 1: For me personally, I think you know, people will say, like, yo, you should shorten the season. I don't believe that. And the reason I don't believe that is because a we played. It goes back to what I said to Jason Tator when I was telling him we should all play in the twenty twenty Olympics. In twenty one we started just to build Hall of Fame resumes. The guys that played before us play eighty two games in order for us to compete against them.
Speaker 3: As far as resume building, we need those eighty two games. Another another reason I don't think this season should be shorter. Who taking less money?
Speaker 1: Everybody always be like, oh, if they only played seventy games as opposed to eighty two games, that's twelve less games somebody paid. There's twelve less gates that's being collected. That's twelve less TV appearances of TV games. This means that's twelve less sponsorships on the court. That's twelve less sponsorships on the seat. That's twelve less sponsorship games. That's twelve less games of sponsorships on the stasion of the WHO. That's twelve less opportunities to make millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Who taking less money.
Speaker 1: No, So when people are like, oh, they should shorten the season, no, they should because ain't nobody agreeing to take less money. And if you shorten the game, the games and the schedule that map just don't work. So I am not of that consortium of like, oh, man, gods should sit out, I mean, should shortened season. No, when you're hurt, this is what we do, and this is a part of what we do.
Speaker 3: A part of what we do is getting injured. Like when you play what we play in the NFL, it's not.
Speaker 1: If you get an injured, it's win. So that's just part of what we put our bodies through. And people just need to understand that guys are going to get hurt and that's just the reality of it. And you should know and trust that guys want to be on the court. Guys are working their ass off to get back.
Speaker 3: On the court.
Speaker 2: But even more so, even more importantly than working their ass off to get important.
Speaker 3: The work that guys are doing to stay on the court, you'd.
Speaker 1: Never imagine, and so no trust as fans of this sport that injuries are going to happen. That's just the nature of what we put our body through with the travel, with the pound and the competition that we go in to battle that were going into night in and night out. The injuries are going to happen.
Speaker 5: The NFL season's rolling along, the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this season is DraftKings sports book and official sports book partner of the NFL. Are friends at the volume. It's the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line, gallop sixty yards for a touchdown. They don't care.
Speaker 4: How you get them.
Speaker 5: They want to bet on touchdowns and you should at DraftKings the best place to do it. If you're ready to place your first bet. Make it simple. A player scoring a touchdown, just go to DraftKings sportsbook app takes ninety seconds, download it, make your pick. Here's a reason new customers do a touchdown dance on your own bet five bucks. That's it and get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins score big. DraftKings Sportsbook number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use the code colin cli in gott to use the code coli N get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins betting just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 4: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligible varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: So the thirteen man rotation to start a season that it's almost like you're validating that saying that, like it's important to play a lot of your players early in the season based on preserving you know, your superstars or you know, for you guys have a thirteen minute rotation. Now Step is saying we gotta start cutting. Can you just explain thirteen and how you start dwindling, you know, as far as the season go, how you start like ramping up and ramping down in your rotation to get prepared for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So interestingly enough, as you know, people don't start ramping down till after the All Star break, you start to kind of shorten that rotation all of a sudden. If you were playing eleven guys, now you're playing nine.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You getting in the playoffs, some.
Speaker 1: People only go eight deep, you know, and when you get in the playoff games, that's never It's really if you go back and look at any Steve Kirk coach team, that's never been our m O. It's only seven or eight d never ever been our m O. That's why you've had the Ian Clarks, you know what I'm saying. That's why you've had those different Quinn Cooks. You know what I'm saying, Guys, who Quinn Cook played in the NBA finals man like Queen Cook Queen Cookies, Queen Cook played in the NBA Finals like he didn't just like.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, like Swags.
Speaker 1: A little different, like Swag's career in the league point scorer before close to it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. But I mentioned of guys like Ian Clarkett and.
Speaker 1: For sure Cook is because they were fringe guys, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They were French guys that work their way onto teams. To my other dude, what's the other dude?
Speaker 1: H McCall, Oh, Patrick McCall, Well, he was the second round pick. But you got like the one Tuscano understand, like Tho Damien Les, like all of them due out the mud, undrafted, worked their way up through the G League, made the team and then actually contributed.
Speaker 3: The reason you know, those names.
Speaker 1: That that has competed with us and won championships are because Steve has never ever been the guy who's just gonna run his guys into the ground.
Speaker 3: All right, So now now let's take this a step further.
Speaker 1: The top two guys, it's thirty four and thirty six about to be thirty five and thirty seven. Do I run them into the ground or do I take advantage of what Mike Dunleey has done and use.
Speaker 3: All this Yeah, yeah, I got yeah, I got fun.
Speaker 1: When we were just twelve and three, everybody's like, oh man, they're using depth and it's working. When you lose four in a row, Like Steph said, there is always something that has to change. And the first thing you're going to look at because it's the most abnormal thing in our.
Speaker 2: And that is that is that's more app like we're not talking about usually it's like, okay, nine, maybe a coach play ten. If you got an eleven man like from a coaches perspective, like an eleven man rotation, bro is insane, you know what I mean, A thirteen man rotation. It's unheard got it's unheard of. You gotta be you gotta be out of your mind to be able to understand rhythm, flow time, schedule, playing time. Who play thirteen people?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And so it's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's tough to get a rhythm like you know, like.
Speaker 1: To STEP's point, right, like to STEP's point, he said, We she said, do we need to shorten it, we probably need to be more predictable on the night to night basis, so guys can get a little bit of rhythm. Is that shortening one or two guys?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: So the steps point and what Steph is saying, I absolutely agree with the rhythm thing. Uh, you like, you need to play and play a little time to find a rhythm in this league. Because also if you're subbing into the game, guess what when you subbing at the six minute mark, I've been out there for six minutes already getting the finding the flow of the game, getting getting the jitters out, you know, like I've been out there for six So now you're coming into that and you gotta find a rhythm to do that in two minutes or three minutes against gods who's already been out there for six minutes, it gets a little tough. And so what I will say is I totally understand Steve's theory. I totally understand why the rotation has been deep. And I wasn't necess necessarily totally against it thirteen deep. Originally it was like eleven or twelve. Now it's thirteen. You know what I'm saying, Like, I think that can get a little tough, for sure. But I'm also not going to sit here and like I said, I wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: It's a method to agree. It's a method right here. It's a method to the methods, for sure.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to sit and act like we lost four games in a row because the rotation was too deep.
Speaker 3: Like, nah, we ain't lose four games in a.
Speaker 1: Row because the rotation was too deep. I can tell you why we lost four games in a row. We lost four games in a row because we absolutely bombed won to San Antonio and lost an eighteen point lead and midway through the third quarter, and then we absolutely bombed another one against the Brooklyn Nets, a seventeen point lead in the third quarter. All right, and we're on a four game losing streak.
Speaker 2: So right, the third quarter team exactly quarter team too.
Speaker 3: You take care of those two wins.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, we're on a two difference and we are fourteen and.
Speaker 3: Five and in first place in the West.
Speaker 2: Right, So to overreact, and not that I think Steph is overreacting, because.
Speaker 1: That is a sentiment. That's a real sentiment, you know what I'm saying. That's a real thing. But I mean out in the world of people that don't know what the hell they're talking about. I'm not going to overreact and try to pinpoint one thing because those two games go the way they should have.
Speaker 3: And now now where you yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Rotation is wearing them out, But I mean, oh, hold on, be I will say this though. Here's what I will say.
Speaker 1: Now when you look at the thirteen man in rotation in those two games, where I think and I have not heard anyone make this argument, but I will help them. These people out that are trying to just throw step under the bus, I'll help them out if they want to make an argument. But I'm also only helping you out because most of y'all are dummies and y'all couldn't.
Speaker 3: Make it for yourselves.
Speaker 1: And which is if you want to condemn the rotation, then what your argument should have been as well when we lost those eighteen to seventeen point leads, A part of that thirteen rotation was in its Stephen Draymond. And now if you want to make that point, that would more legitimize your argument as far as the rotation goes and what.
Speaker 3: Has happened in the last four games.
Speaker 1: But if you're just gonna generally throw out, hey man, it's a thirteen man rotation. And that's the problem you have. You don't have real evidence to back up your statement. The real evidence is when they lost those leads. Stephen Draymond should have been back in earlier. If the rotation with shorton Moses' movie was playing great, right like those are would be the argument since saying that those same guys that was on the court were the same, ain't guys that helped us get off?
Speaker 2: And remember, I think we talked about this in one of the episodes. Everything is a learning current, right, So in that thirteen you know what I mean, there's a winning combination and a confident five or two combinations of five that's super confident and gotta go through.
Speaker 4: Ay man, we messed that up, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's not on Dre. It's not on Steph.
Speaker 2: You know like when my rookie year, when I was coming off the bench, I only had about a good four five minutes to hit a jump. If I don't if I don't make my first jumper, bro, I better get a steal something, you know what I mean. And so like that type of rhythm and flow. It's it's hard for even the bench guys to get into a rhythm. But once you kind of figure it out, like in that you got a confident fight, and you gotta go through some ups and downs during the season in order to know how to get past it, you know what I mean, in order to accept the responsible responsibility. And I think it's smart to start off with thirteen and say, hey, this is working, this is Roland. Okay, let's go to eleven in December. Okay, January, we're at eleven. We're going to ten in January.
Speaker 3: February we had ten after All Star weekend.
Speaker 4: Boom, I'm at nod.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Then again, you don't know which combinations is gonna be sticky too. And so I think when Steph is saying, you know, being predictable, he said, even for himself, right, yeah, no, yeah, no, I can do this boop fake go around to pick Jmond, Well who else is all?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: In rhythm and then key with intune of what y'all doing. So I think the predictability is like, all right, you dudes need to sit on the bench and and and be ready still, but you need to see like Okay, this is how we're gonna pace ourselves for the rest of the year, you know what I mean, because the thirteen is like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been y'a.
Speaker 2: I've been wearing people down, out running them speed, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, playing at a high high paste.
Speaker 2: You know that as the season starts to go, you ain't gonna be able to play at that clip.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough to sustain that. And that's you know, I think that's pretty much what he's said.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw you and KD. I saw you hit the three and you're saying something to KD uh, And then he hit the three on you, and y'all was man, y'all was yeah, was yeah.
Speaker 3: I was chopping And then.
Speaker 1: Got shot the first three B on the left wing, huh and it felt so good and matt ISHB and moles.
Speaker 3: Here, my smart dog.
Speaker 1: I shoot the first one on the wing, and I got K in front of me. I got them too, sitting right of course side behind me. And so I'm like, oh, I'm about to hit this three, and I'm about to say something K and then I'm about to turn around I'm about to say.
Speaker 3: Something, and I'm about to say something, right, I missed it. I'm like, ah.
Speaker 1: So we come back down the court and I get to Tracy in the right right corner and K kind of closed out but not aggressively closed, and so I hit the three. I'm like, yeah, motherfucker, you better.
Speaker 3: He started.
Speaker 2: So then my dumb ass go help me in. I go help me and they hit K in the corner. K seven feet you know, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Come, I come flying out, I get my corner contest. Wow, He's like, all right, no, you know, I shoot that motherucker.
Speaker 3: And the banter.
Speaker 1: The bencher was so good man, and we was bantering back and forth the whole game, and it was great banter man. I enjoyed it when I get the opportunity to play against K. And it goes back to my rookie year mark when KD had fifty four on us and I got through in that fire late because he was dragging Harrison Barnes and.
Speaker 3: A couple other guys.
Speaker 1: And then I got through into that fire that was already blazing, and he continued on on his way and he ended up with fifty four. I remember those I still remember those matchups, and I remember the filling.
Speaker 3: That I had when I was going into those matchups.
Speaker 1: I wasn't Draymond Green, Who's been a Defensive Player of the Year, an All Star, and the NBA champion. I was Draymond Green's second round pick, trying to make a name for myself, and the opportunity to play against Kevin Durant was one that I cherished because I have an opportunity right in front of me to go up against the game great and one of the greats. And when I would have the opportunity, it be like, man, this is my chance to show that I belong on this court with these types of guys.
Speaker 3: And if I can just make it hard on him.
Speaker 1: Nobody's expecting me to come out and lock Kevin Duranton, but if I can make it hard on him, like man, I did my job tonight. And I still think about those matchups and where I was then.
Speaker 3: To be who I am now.
Speaker 1: I still have that same sentiment when I go on the court, and when I go on the court and I play against Kevin Durant, I'm like, yo, I gotta sit down, because it's also an opportunity for me still to this day to see where I am defensively.
Speaker 3: Can I keep up with a KD? Can I make it a little tough?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: And so just having that battle that banter was great, man, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, he has some great stuff to say about too.
Speaker 7: When Draymond's at this best is like a good balance between being ultra aggressive and being on edge and also just being a cerebral monster that he is. And I think he's found that balance even better. I feel like he always had it. Sometimes you tip the scales a bit, and I think he's found that balance as he getting older, as he experienced more things in the league, more things in life in general. And you can just tell a by the start of this season that you know, he's playing his best ball, shooting the buck basketball well this year, I think over forty percent, you know. So you just tell, man, he's just all his experiences up until this time has just helped him out and made him the player of yesterday.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: When I actually saw this quote after the game, I think the next day, and I was.
Speaker 3: Thankful. I was thankful. I was appreciative because.
Speaker 1: And I am always someone that addresses things had on last year, I got suspended with stuff with Nurkic and Kad said something that I didn't like because I was like, damn, kay got my number, Like you're going to go out publicly and feed this narrative, Like yo, I hope you get the help he need. I was upset about it, and I felt a way and I was pissed. And you know, I saw Kad in the off season and we we we we chopped it up. We chopped it up and man, the man, face the face, we chopped it up, and I told him how I felt. He told me how he felt and that damn I didn't think that would be seen that way.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And we and we and we talked about it.
Speaker 1: And then for him to come out and say this, when you shared this, dang with something for someone, uh, with something that someone does. When you share that, don't be a hypocrite and when they say something, well, you don't appreciate that, you know what I'm saying, Because when he said that most things that many most many things that most people say, they don't bother me, they don't affect me.
Speaker 3: I really don't give it that.
Speaker 1: Kate is someone else Kate says something, I care. You know, I cared a lot when he said that about me last year. I'm not a hypocrite that's going to sit here and say I don't care a lot that he said this. I care a lot that he said and it means a lot to me and my personal growth. But also anytime you hear from your peers and especially in the world bro that are as great as a Kevin Durant and you hear him say the cerebral monster that he is, he's playing his best basketball. He's found that balance of aren't your aggressive and on the edge, but boom, when you hear that from your peers, especially one that you've gone to war with, won a championship with, and one opinion that really to you. I was extremely appreciative of this comment because it also is validation to me of the things that you are working on are showing you know what I'm saying KD.
Speaker 3: I said last year.
Speaker 1: KD was always he was someone that will say to me, when people say, oh, that's just Draymond being Draymond, he'd be like, now, sometimes people give you that excuse. And he said these words to me verbatim before he said, Yo, Sometimes people give you an excuse to like, that's just Draymond being Draymond.
Speaker 3: But I know what Draymond looked like at his best. He said that. Those words to me verbatim, right, And.
Speaker 1: So to hear him say this as someone who I know will call me on my bullshit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, someone that ain't just you being Draymond, that's you bullshiting.
Speaker 1: That's someone who I know will say that because he has said that to me. For him to say this, it really meant a lot to me because it's your brother approven of what he see from you. But also and just my personal growth, my personal journey. For him to see that he.
Speaker 2: Saw when he was sucked up and he said it so, and we don't like when people say bad things about.
Speaker 1: Us, and he seeing when it's going well and he said it, and I respect that. I appreciate that because again, you say what you want about Kevin Durrant, he is Kevin Durant. He is one of the stars of not only generation. He absolutely I was very appreciative.
Speaker 2: Somebody built Kevin Durant and my player before he was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he wound up being Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take I'm gonna make my guys. I'm gonna create my player. He's gonna be set. But I love this because you know, you play your whole career and you have, you know, cross admiration for the dudes you compete against, even the dudes you may deem you don't like or may not like. Like remember when we was having Rondo, we was having a conversation with Rondo.
Speaker 4: It was like, man, I don't like Rondo.
Speaker 2: Why I don't like Rondo is because I love Rondo and I want to play like Rondo.
Speaker 3: I'm mad he gets layups. I'm mad, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's all in admiration, yes, until you really get a chance to, like see somebody give flowers a lot a lot of flowers being given out when you playing and when you're in the trenches with people, because you just don't want to give somebody that edge, and so any type of acknowledgement from your peers, especially the great, especially the real ones. Right for me, I started learning to like accept that, like hold on, man, like damn, that's how you know, because I love talking about great players, right and whether before you may have heard like I want to talk about him now. Man, I just respect damn near every player in the league sept for a few because it's like it's so hard to get there. But like they were great, you know what I mean, they were like like their greatness was great, and like every day they showed up to practice, whether you are a bench player or whether you're a superstar. Now, the superstars they hold a lot more credence. And so when they talking about you, you walk in that room and they like they know you, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Them your brothers, they know you.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so that that that just put a whole different type of battery pack. But I think it's also a validation a lot of times because you don't get the flowers. Like Draymond Green ain't getting the flowers that he deserve right now, Lebron James ain't getting the flowers he deserved. Steph Curry ain't getting the flowers he deserved, you know, Kevin Durant and getting the flowers he designs. Come on, bro, it's it's like you when you play your nobody's ever like the kids, you know what I mean, The kids gonna love you. But the media to me has never been the validation. No, it's always your peers. It's always your peers. But that's why I love like doing media now because now you got podcasters.
Speaker 4: And former athletes and retired dudes.
Speaker 2: Like we know the game and we know who is real and we know who not real, you know, and so like having that admiration shout out to KD you know, for just big up in you right and letting people know, man, yeah, letting people know like what it really is, right because a lot of times the media, y'all be playing games and you know, these are bonds and brotherhoods, and you know we we our own little tight knit community.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's just like that like giving you your flowers in this moment.
Speaker 1: In his time, it was really dumb. Now it was fire. I appreciated the hell out of it. Like I said to your Rondo point, that was always me with Chris Paul before I played with CP. Well, I'm like, yo, I hate dude, but I would tell all my boys, like, y'all, I don't mess with him at all, but I got the utmost respect as a competitor. I'm like, yeah, I even even when I didn't like seeing when we was at odds, I said publicly, like yo, people try to.
Speaker 3: Say CP not a winner. That's just not true.
Speaker 1: You try to say this man out of winner because he hasn't had the luck to win a championship. Follow up said, because he has not had the luck of winning a championship. And you try to say this guy not a winner. I know a loser and I know a winner. And when I play against this guy, I'm not playing against a loser. I am competing against one of the ultimate winners. And but I hated him, you know what I'm saying. But a part of the hate was, Bro, you be doing something of that shit I be doing it. I don't really like that, you know what I'm saying, Like, Bro, you be doing something of that stuff I be doing on the court.
Speaker 3: Bro with it.
Speaker 1: So a part of it is like a little bit of jealousy, Like, man, y'all, let' see P get away with this.
Speaker 3: I can't get away with nothing right like.
Speaker 1: Admiration, but the way this man compete with he on the court, Like I remember my rookie year with Jared Jack and see he played together in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Jared Jack is my vet and Cep and Jack.
Speaker 1: Got in the words, got in an argument, and right there I was like, that's interesting because.
Speaker 3: They tight, like I know, they got a relationship, and.
Speaker 1: They going back and forth like arguing, And right then was when I noticed, like, Okay, I see what type of dudes he is.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He'll care I like you or not. He gonna try to take you out when he playing against you, and it is what it is. And so I definitely understand, you know, I agree with you on on that.
Speaker 3: And that was a great moment from me. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm too big to appreciate the contact.
Speaker 3: That's Kevin Durrett. I appreciated the hell out of that. Man. We appreciate you, KD man.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Moving ahead, uh, big week ahead for us obviously, like I said, riding this four game street, we have Denver coming up. Then Denver and then we got Houston and then we got on the back to back, we got Houston and then or it's either Houston and Minnesota or Minnesota in Houston. Big week and saying that a tough week, especially riding the four game losing streak, tough, tough, tough week. Uh, facing Joker tonight, I won't obviously be able to face him, which sucks, but that's all you know. When you're playing against the Joker, it's always a tough matchup because when Joker has the ball, he's one of the better scores in our league.
Speaker 3: I think he's averaging right around thirty points a game, damn.
Speaker 1: But when he has the ball, everyone on the court is live because he can find you and get the ball wherever you are, if you're open, yep, and so everyone else when he has the ball is live, as opposed to say, let's just DJ out there. Let's say DeAndre for that matter, if DeAndre got the ball, everybody not live because he can't necessarily make every play. The Joker he can make every single play, So everybody on the court with him is.
Speaker 3: Live at all.
Speaker 2: And it's not even just on scoring. It can be on the past, it can be on the pick. We've never seen something like Joker a point center drinktly like he's a sinner and a point guard body with a point guard brain, you know what I mean, with one of them brains that you know what I mean? You gotta be one of the ones to have one of the minds like that to be able to play the way he plays. Yes, it's so unorthodox, right, but if you watch, he's really just a pointed He's really a point guard. It's really a he's Andre Miller. He's he's like Andre Miller in the like his mind, Andre Miller was brilliant, like brilliant man. He knows how to set the table and then at the end of the game he's gonna walk you down in the post and then he gonna start setting the table. It's like jokers live all over the pushing it which is a slow push. You're not ripping, you know what I mean? Like that Junker is something else, dude, is he's.
Speaker 1: A tough cover. He a tough cover. And like I said, what makes them such a tough cover is in most cases you'd say, hey, that guy gonna get thirty. It is what it is. You try to make it tough. Yeah, with him, he going to get thirty in twelve assists and thirteen rebounds. And so he just he causes so much problems for your defense because of all of the things that he does, and the ball is touching his hand every percent time. I wish I was out there to help with that matchup. But in saying that, good luck loaning Trace let him get the experience I.
Speaker 3: Wish I could.
Speaker 1: I always love, like I just said, Okay, I love playing against the grace man, just to just to see how you used, you know what I'm saying. So I want to be out there, but it's unfortunate that I can't be. I gotta get this calf together.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't want it to go so so I gotta get this thing together. It's tight right now. But good luck Lunas tricks, good luck man. Junker is my guy.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna learn a lot, you know what I mean, Especially Chase, you'll learn a lot. It's not even the assists are not even like they're not point guard assists.
Speaker 3: No, they're more pompent because it's wide open.
Speaker 2: Shots are layups so like, and it's coming from the big guy, yeah, coming from the center. So to me, it's mind boggling because yeah, he can throw out a double team because he's gonna get double team. He also like hitting dudes on the back door cut, you know what I mean. But coming jumping in there fighting people opening and like that's that's man. Now you got the Rockets coming in on Thursday. Second best team in the West. As you know, I picked them as my underdog, my sleeper, you know for the season.
Speaker 4: I mean I like what they're doing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Talk to me a little bit about the Rockets, uh, and like.
Speaker 4: You know, you y'all play them all. Y'all playing them.
Speaker 2: Already, right yeah with out stuff actually yeah.
Speaker 4: And tell me what you see now. Oh yeah, that was a good game.
Speaker 3: I remember that game. Yeah, yeah, over time, but they can't ye eat name.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, he was getting up really well.
Speaker 3: He played really well.
Speaker 1: But I know, but I'm not I'm not surprised at all that they're at, you know, right there at the top of the West, second best record in the West right now. Uh, because they've made moves over the last couple of years. That shows you that they that's where they want to be, you know, bringing in the uh Fred van Vleet, who's winner, a champion, bringing him in with all those young guys, bringing in a Dyllen Brooks who a lot of people hate, but you hate him because he played hard.
Speaker 3: You know, you hate him because he always in the mix.
Speaker 1: You hate him because he gonna fuck with your best player, you know what I'm saying. Like it's one of those guys you hate to have them on you, you hate to play against them. People love having them on their team, right like they You bring in guys like that, even a signing that they made last year that people don't talk about because he don't play much, Jeff Green, but you bring that, You bring that veteran presence into the locker room with all those young guys.
Speaker 3: That stuff matters, you know what I'm saying. Jalen.
Speaker 1: I talked about Jalen Green earlier in our season, I mean our podcast season and just the growth that I've seen from him, you know, Singoon like the guy who doesn't I'm gonna tell you, the guy who doesn't get talked about. But I'm telling you and I play against them. He is so important to what they do, but he don't get talked about it all much anymore. Jabarsmith Junior Jabari Smith has turned into a guy who makes all the little players who He's always the guy that when you on the court, out there with them, he's like, come on, fellas were good, Like he reassuring them to keep going like he's turning into like one of the leaders of that team, you know what I'm saying. And he don't get talked about much, but Jabari Smith Junior, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm not surprised that they're having a good season. And then also obviously Ma you Donker, you know what I'm saying, May Different, He is an incredible coach, Man different.
Speaker 1: You know what you see in Boston. What you see in Boston credit to Joe Missoula and what but what you see in Boston, those guys are also a product of what May brought to them for that year that he was with them. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The mindset that he brought to us guys, absolutely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm not extremely surprised that there that the Rockets are playing this well. And and then just looking ahead to the man and the timberwo was after that, they're starting to play better now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They got off to.
Speaker 1: A rough start, yeah, and so that's going to be a tough weekend as well. But on the flip side, when you look at tough games like this and us on a four game losing street.
Speaker 3: You can also win those games and right the ship. Like it's one thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to beat a team that has an awful record and think like, oh man, we got off the losing street. But to have to get off the loser street the ones we're going to be playing against, those are the type of things that can right the ship and right the ship in a major way and seen you on the run. So as tough as the opportunity is, just like when you invest your money or anything else in life, the bigger the risks, the tougher it is, the bigger the reward, the bigger the return.
Speaker 3: So tough, tough week.
Speaker 4: For and they're not having you, you know tonight.
Speaker 2: Now you start looking at that thirteen man rotation and you say, oh, now a thing can say okay, well Draymond is out. Like we got other players that have been playing you know what I mean, that can do stuff, and like now we feel like, okay, we still got a shot because we've been playing thirteen you know what I'm saying, So, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be fine. We'll be fine. I like.
Speaker 1: I like that thirteen or twelve or seven or something like that will be I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's early, you know what I mean, Like you ain't even hit twenty games yet. For sure, you know what I'm saying. For sure, it's that thirty game mark. It's the thirty game mark, in the forty game mark. Once you hit the thirty game mark, Okay, these next ten games are the most critical games that we can play when you get to that forty game because then you know how many games you can win, how many games you can lose if you make the playoffs or not. That's where the calculations start. Sorry said, So it's all good man.
Speaker 1: Let's dive into what's going on around this league, my brother. There has been a lot a lot of talk about Brian the shooting slump that he's been in as of late. He scored just ten points against the Timberwolves, but he did have twenty seven and fourteen against the Jazz. However, the twenty seven and fourteen he still had a rough shooting night, not hitting any threes. People have been on it him not hitting threes as of late. I think the last I said he was old for his last nineteen and so, of course shooting father time conversations has started up now. Yeah, everybody wants to know his father time catching up with Brian.
Speaker 3: The answer is yes. And the reason the answers yes is because every.
Speaker 1: Year we get older in this league, Like every year you get older, there's a point where you come in this league, and every year you get older you get better because you get more experienced, you're coming more into your prime, you're getting stronger. And then every it gets to a point to where every year you get older you have to address and adjust and because now you're kind of over the heel of the more experience you get, the better it is for you.
Speaker 3: You're kind of over that hell now.
Speaker 1: And so it's father time catching up to him, absolutely, because father time catches up to everyone are However, what where I disagree is people are saying we just.
Speaker 3: Saw it, he's done now, we've been waiting on it.
Speaker 1: Now he's done. No, no, no, I disagree with that quite frankly. What it looks like to me right now is he's a little tired. But you also have to remember, and I know all of y'all have forgot because you forget things so fast, But what you have to remember is you know they played into the playoffs last year they fought an uphill battle to actually make it.
Speaker 3: There and get to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And then he comes in and he does the Olympics, and that is a two month a two month requirement, no time on week, no time off. And so what I think right now is I think Bron has just hit a little bit of a wall right now. When you hit walls, you eventually get through the wall, dingy. But right now I think he's a little tired, has hit a wall. Does that mean father time is catching up to him the way y'all are saying that, No, no, so still the same Bron? Obviously not the same. Of course, again he is getting older. But what the way people are trying to throw it out there like father time has caught them and it's here in our face and we're just about to watch this decline happen.
Speaker 3: No, but what's your thoughts.
Speaker 4: BD, brother? There is no decline. Usually when you get older, right, you do a lot what less?
Speaker 3: Absolutely right?
Speaker 2: As you get older, you become a much better shooter. You usually are getting shots created for you by someone else who's young, talented, got you know, the most talent it used to be.
Speaker 3: You look at ray Aalen.
Speaker 2: People only remember ray Allen from Miami, but before that, ray Allen used to do everything, you know what I mean, Jesus, lebron James bro It's still playing the same way. He is creating the opportunities still for his teammates. Ain't nobody getting lebron no open looks, Ain't nobody getting lebrono easy buckets. Like he's still creating all of the like he has to create all the energy and the chaos and taking on his shoulders, you know what I mean, Because it like there hasn't been the young dude that has come along that compliment and say, you know what, og man, fall back, let me get this triple double.
Speaker 4: You go give me some thries and do what you gotta do. He don't have that luxury.
Speaker 2: And he's on a team with the Lakers where he's still, you know, the best all around player, the most you know what I mean, outside ad he is the most needed person because they got to glue up around him and so slump, yes, tired, yes, father time, Yes. All of those things play into everybody's career every year in the season, whether you're a rookie, second year like everybody hits a little snack where it's just like, hey man, it's cold, you know what I mean, it's coding these arenas.
Speaker 4: I ain't getting the shots, you know what I mean. I ain't get my rhythm.
Speaker 2: But you best believe when the Lakers play again, ain't gonna get over that slump. I'm not even worried about it, you know what I mean. So you know, I remember playing against Mike bro when he played for the Wizards, and you know, he came into Charlotte and it was like that, it was the craziest shit I'd ever seen. There was no camera phones, but it was all kind of camera flashing and felt like everybody was recording with a camera phone. That's how many cameras were flashing. When he went to the free throw line, and I was sitting there like, damn man. You know, I had thirty two that night, and in my mind I was like, damn Bro, Like, I'm Michael Jordan night, you know what I mean, I am your coptain now.
Speaker 3: And I was just looking at him like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Just you know, sizing him up, like man, you brought all this attention for me. I'm out here, I'm Michael Jordan, No say nothing, no way, no way. I would never, I would never say nothing. I was just giving him that look like.
Speaker 4: Like, bro, you brought all this for me.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: Hey, they gonna be worrying about me tonight.
Speaker 2: And then we go on the road and we're playing the Washington Wizards and we got you know, we got Washington. They weren't that good either. We're like, man, we're about to go in here, We're about to pop them again. I'm about to give me another you know, I'm about to give me another twenty five twelve.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do a different on the road.
Speaker 2: And I watched this dude in the first quarter score seventeen points. Oh, he went off dramond I watched. I was not participating, Bro, I was so mesmerized. I was guarding Teelu. Hey, if you watch the clips, you'll see me never help, never help. And it comes calling time out. He like, Yo, what the hell y'all doing? Y'all just gonna let this man get cooked. It was lee Ningling. I said, damn, bro, my bad. I was just watching like I got your help. I was like, man, I got your help, let me get it. So I guard him the first time I know he going to the fade, so boo wo. He go to the fading and I'm on this. I'm on top of the fade. He go to fade.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, get that ship and he leaned back.
Speaker 2: Like another ism. Okay, all right, man, I got this fool. He go to the post again. Boo boll, I know this ship coming. You about to turn to the middle. Turn to the middle. Oh up and under Hey somebody.
Speaker 3: Else can I'm going back over here with t Louke.
Speaker 4: I'm about to watch I'm cool. This is not cool. Hey dude, that's what.
Speaker 2: And you know, you see somebody like Mike like that and Lebron like it's the same thing. It's like, be careful because they they don't remember. But that Mike story was like damn dude, Like I'm just watching him. I'm like, damn, dude, what kind of cologne you got? Like?
Speaker 4: What kind of cologne? This this nigga smell.
Speaker 3: Goodie ship out here?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: Like, bro, you he had that that week ass Michael Jordan cologne.
Speaker 3: Michael but whatever whatever it was, whatever.
Speaker 2: It was, Michael Jordan was so he was like an enigma, dude. He was like a it was just like, oh, ship, you fucked. As soon as you do that, you fuck you can't like, but you're gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, this is Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: You're like, all right, Uncle Jordan, Like fuck, yo, you know Mike, Mike talk shit to every body. Ahold, but dog, imagine like your favorite player, the dude you idolize, Like you know what I mean, Dude, you watch some TV and you're like, yo, I'm in the league, Like, what's up, Michael Jordan' Like the fuck up?
Speaker 1: I feel that happened to me with Kobe Kobe, Like that ain't happened to me with Kobe.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget it. I got subbed in number one. I watched this whole workout and this everything that I was supposed to do, I was.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: I got subbed in. I needed to get to stop, and I got to stop. On the game winning shot, I got to stop. He missed the fade away. I was like, hell, yeah, I ain't had nothing to do with you, young fella.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 3: Man, I have something to do with me.
Speaker 8: That's sick.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I get it, so I know I know exactly how that feel.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since we've been talking about the Mala Hans and the goats. Shout out to MJ, shout out to Lebron. Were looking at ESPN twenty five hundred twenty five lists. I really hate putting numbers next to people, you know what I mean? But you always you know you got a rank, you got Wemby at one, top five winby Anthony Edwards, Paolo Franz, Wagner, Chat Holmgren, and then after that Tyres Halliburn and mac See.
Speaker 4: Evan Moby, Jalen Williams and uh.
Speaker 2: Sagoon that's the top ten out of the top ten and Scottie Barnes, Lamellow k cutting am Zion Brandon Miller ahead of Zion Uh Garland, Yeah, Darius Garland. I mean, obviously the orders broll, but a lot of times, you know, people are just judging off talent and not off of what the actual work.
Speaker 3: They put in, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: One, I hate these lists, Yeah, I hate. I hate these lists with a passion because, Okay, so Dyson Daniels is happening a.
Speaker 2: Pretty good season, a really good season. Just two months ago, no one believes in Dyson Dames. Now he's twenty three on the list. No Cam Thomas, that's a notable.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, that's a notable one.
Speaker 1: That's what justifies Tyre's Halliburton being in front of Jaylen Williams. Because, don't get me wrong, I think Tyre's Halliburton is very good player.
Speaker 3: I think Tyre's he's obviously an all star.
Speaker 1: I think Tyre's Halliburton, you know, Olympic gold medalist, Tyre's Halliburton.
Speaker 3: Doing it, he putting it together.
Speaker 4: Why isn't he right?
Speaker 3: But when I look at he is higher than Jayla Wis.
Speaker 2: But when I when you say ESPN twenty five hundred and twenty five, I think Jaylen Williams has more upstart.
Speaker 3: Jaylen Williams at six ' nine, can pass.
Speaker 2: The ball, can shoot the ball, can get to the cup two weeks ago, play center for two weeks.
Speaker 3: And then switches to point guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when I look at stuff like this, I'm just like, but who validates that? Because yes, Tyrese has done more right. But Jalen Williams, I think the upside is way. I think the upside of Jalen Williams is, by the way, not just Tyr's Halliburn.
Speaker 3: I think the outside of Jaalen Williams is higher than a lot of.
Speaker 4: People on this a lot of people on the list.
Speaker 3: It ain't just Syru's Haliburn.
Speaker 2: Like, think about Tyree's Halliburn, All Star, for sure, Olympic gold medalist, and he's for sure he's seven. So if based on accomplishments, if I'm off that, yeah, if I'm Tyree, so I'm like, yo, this makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Why am I seven?
Speaker 2: If you look at my resume versus everybody else under twenty five? I got the resume, Wemby, Anthony Edwards, Polo, I can. I can get with them, But I am also upset that how is LaMelo Ball, who's also an All Star? He should be number two? If if they say, okay, Wemby is you know he he has the next opportunity to be the most phenomenal LaMelo Ball.
Speaker 3: You know I'm.
Speaker 2: Biased, bro, but nobody is fucking with LaMelo Ball.
Speaker 4: You hear.
Speaker 3: Man there stuff, you know what I mean? And then when LaMelo came, man, LaMelo Ball, I know you go. I love mellow game, but don't get don't get off.
Speaker 1: Don't get this list, bro, Like it's just not justified by anything. Okay, So if we're gonna say resume right with Tyree's, which again I'm a big tyres.
Speaker 3: Fan, so I'm not taking anything from Tyree. I don't want it to come off that way.
Speaker 2: But if you're taking resume into account, Darius Garland's also in All Star also also on All s, you can't necessarily be taken in like the resumes into account because there's.
Speaker 1: None All Stars higher than All Stars. So I just I hate these lists because.
Speaker 4: There is no basis for it.
Speaker 3: Right, then, what.
Speaker 4: Is the criterion?
Speaker 2: Shout out to the iceman George German and I asked him about Hall of famers every All Star weekend, and you know what his response is, what is the criteria? So we have to start having some type of criteria or else. You know, this list don't make no goddamn sense at all.
Speaker 3: It just don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, James Johnson having a hell of the year but he won behind Zion like Zion is Zion is Zion bro?
Speaker 4: Like what are you guys talking about? Like what is it based on?
Speaker 1: And then this list, let's come from ESPN. Right, here's where it gets to contradictory for me, This list comes from ESPN. They say Zion's the sixteenth best twenty five under twenty five. And I just watched on ESPN last week Tim McMahon say Zions should be cut. He said the contract Zion's.
Speaker 2: Contract, Hey bro is shrawing up so that he is cutable.
Speaker 3: He could be released.
Speaker 2: And then on them, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But aside from everybody else in the league, won them the very publication that just has someone from their poor group of people that cover the sport just had someone up there that said this man should be cut. That same publication then puts him as the sixteenth best twenty five hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 3: What is the validate? Like, I hate these lists.
Speaker 2: They are so stupid that it's just like you're just picking names out of a hast or are you just asking people around the office, like who are your favorite player? It's almost like who are your favorite players? That's what it looks like, who are you? Who are your favorite players? Rank your favorite players one through twenty five? But like you know not and not to throw no jabs at ESPN, but god damn man, they.
Speaker 3: For a long time.
Speaker 2: But as as you get you know, as we get more into this next gen, this new generation. We gotta have some validations, metrics or you know, they have to reveal who are the people deciding on this funk?
Speaker 3: What is good for? Debate though?
Speaker 2: Because their way off, their way off, their way off. We ain't gonna argue with your ESPN. We're just gonna argue about the list. How about that? And La Mellow Ball is twelve? No, Melo Ball is the swag. He is the swag. He is he is who on there got the gout? Who got game swag? Would be okay, who on there got game?
Speaker 3: Slag?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: Man not like LaMelo.
Speaker 3: And Man? Different?
Speaker 2: Come on now, man, Man, I love different, It's different. But I think ad Man going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: Bro, You think explain that.
Speaker 2: He's not making Minnesota so exciting to watch. He don't drive to the hole enough. We still love him because he's talented.
Speaker 3: But you don't think he's taking the next step.
Speaker 4: No, I think he's taking steps and like he improving his game.
Speaker 2: He ain't took the lead. M He don't need to be taking no goddamn steps. He needs to go jump out there, do more. I just want him. I just want to see him do more right because when I go watch Minnesota, it's like, yeah, he balling right, but you're not the like you gotta be the reason why you win every game. Yeah, you gotta be the reason why every game is won. It's gotta be fear when a man walk in the building, and it's gotta be a mistaque like, oh, he gonna dunk on somebody. We gonna see some ship or we're gonna see this like incredible performance.
Speaker 4: How old is John Moran?
Speaker 3: By the way, John Morent is now over twenty five. John Moran got that ship? You knowee what I'm saying? Under twenty five? So okay, I think John could be twenty five.
Speaker 4: But he probably turned the cities.
Speaker 1: But I would have loved to see where they would have put y'all on this list. I would have loved to see that.
Speaker 3: I think. I'm actually yeah, I think they should have had twenty five year olds still on the list. But I get I just too.
Speaker 4: I want to see make that next step. You know who?
Speaker 3: I do like?
Speaker 4: Uh Franz Wagner. Fred Wagner is a problem.
Speaker 2: Hey dog, he is a problem. I ain't see nobody be He's a mismatch problem. He's the ultimate mismatch. I was watching him work. Boy, that boy works, you know what I mean. He worked, he worked, He's and he can score. He's a season scorer. He's gonna be one of those dudes who wind up with fifteen twelve, fifteen thousand points, twenty thousand points. He just know how to find find a good bucket, you know what I mean. He knows how to find himself a good bucket. Shout out to him obviously, Bawling Johnson. I like, I know Jalen Williams, but the Cam Thomas stuff, man, I think Cam Thomas should have been on this list.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, get at me, Get at me fans. We always want to hear from you, b d and I would answer your questions every week, so make sure you submit them on social.
Speaker 3: And may make it on the pod.
Speaker 2: At Davis Underscore Joshua Dramond, Now that you've been in the league for thirteen seasons, is there another player in the league that you see similar to yourself?
Speaker 1: Is there another player in the league I see similar to myself. I see guys that have some of what I do, but I don't see guys that have all of what I do. But honest, you know, I see guys that's like, oh, man, he got it defensively, but maybe not necessarily the playmaking, you know. Or he got the playmaking but can't necessarily check you know, or like So I've seen guys that I'm like, Man, I like this guy.
Speaker 3: He do X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: But I don't quite think I've seen anyone that do all of what I do. Just my opinion, grant well me think otherwise.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's just that's so disrespectful. I'm not sure what I do.
Speaker 1: That's God, that's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 9: I mean, wow, sing recovery from his injury.
Speaker 2: But they look up to you, bro, and I appreciate the gain. He's not similar to you, you know what I mean. But it's a lot of these guys who like, Man, I could be a Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I love that guys think that I think that you're one of one, You're one of one.
Speaker 1: Common mistake they make those ifs if you if you're trying to pattern yourself to be Draymond Green. The common mistake that people makes is when I came into the league, I was a score.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you can't just like raise a kid.
Speaker 1: From the age of twelve and I want you to be just like Draymond Green, because then once you end up complimenting, you end up not allowed.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a compliment for sure, and I take that compliment.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is, sometimes this is something that I've come across. I see parents telling their kid, like, yo, I want you like you should watch film and Draymond and try to be just like Draymond. And I never talk about this, but I always kind of want to throw it out there, which is, but don't teach that kid not to score, because that's a role that I had to take on at.
Speaker 2: This level in order to be successful in the situation that evolved into that. Absolutely you involved, Like, bro, I gotta tell you, you're a one of one, right, so when you're a one to one, your mode.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: So there'll never be another Draymond Green. Ever, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: It'll never be always be somebody be like Damn, I really fuck with him, or Damn I really like how he get Damn. There's always gonna be something that reminds you of the ones you really gravitate to and like. But they're never gonna be you because you're a mode.
Speaker 3: You do what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so when you are one of one, like you're one of one mode, everything that comes after you is looking at you and saying like, oh, this is out my path to do this, this is how I can do it. They're and and shout out to them for choosing you as a mode, right, because they're never gonna be you. And so the greatest way right for you not to be Magic Johnson right, or me not to be Magic Johnson, was to try my best to follow somebody who's a one on one so I can create my own.
Speaker 3: Thing, you know what i mean. And so just giving me a flowers, bro, I appreciate that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: All these young dudes is looking at They're looking at Jamond Green as a mole. Yes, that's true, one of one piece of art. That's like, how the fuck.
Speaker 3: This way?
Speaker 1: And and and like I said, I see guys around the league like with some of the stuff that I do, you know, and I'm like, wow, you know, I really like that.
Speaker 3: You know that that guy is taking that on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you'll start recognizing it more you'll start recognizing it more now, right, you'll start recognizing I think like as you get older, like you'll start seeing it in dudes and even dudes on the other team. You're gonna start giving them little Okay, I see this dude probably studied me, you know what I mean, And like he would like when you got into it with the kids in Washington, Oh man, that was you gotta think you a mole, bro, And them kids is like, they're like, man, I can't wait till you get to the league. I wish that fool would say something to me.
Speaker 3: Like you and like you.
Speaker 4: How many people tell you, Bro, I'm cut just like you.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: As soon as he came to the league, he like, dre cut like you.
Speaker 3: Bro, you're a mom. Your mom.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, that's it. That's the show. It will be a Hall of Famer legend. And you have you have Now somebody's gonna create their own custom shoe off your mom.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Brother. Hey man, I got one question for Bed before we get out of here, and it comes from Sonny. I'm just gonna spell this.
Speaker 1: Y'all not gonna make a fool out of me at su n N I q U A d E r I N four seven one.
Speaker 2: Seven Sonny kual Aaron is what it looked like? It says to me, I don't know, Sonny quadrant. Yeah, okay, Sonny quadrant for seven seventeen. Baron, what play do you feel was the most iconic of your career? I'm gonna answer that question for you.
Speaker 1: It's the Baron Davis dunk on Andre Carolinko.
Speaker 3: But can you give me a play that embodies you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And again this is Sonny quadrants question. A play that fully embodies you as a player, who you are or who you were as player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely don't think it was the Carolinko dunk that just fully embodied I think it embodied my energy. There's a play that I made in my like my first playoffs that I was like the man. I had a triple double against Orlando and there was a play that I made or I caught the dribble, put it behind my back, spun twice, spun again, shot a bank shot, you know what I mean. And it was like I never really get credit or like the handles or the moves or the passes and so like something like that. I would probably say, like embody my game more like people just like I used to dunk because I used to want to make it on ESPN, you know what I mean. You have to like figure out a way to get a highlight and you know, making passes and shaking people one really the thing, but that that would be you know, it was against t Mac. I hit him with the spin, another spin, little scissor kick bank shot.
Speaker 4: That was just like okay, bat he got some pearls by it.
Speaker 2: Most definitely did you cross the Carolinka was like the one that was like like that was that gave me the name?
Speaker 1: That was crazy. I've seen that play a million times. Being that I'm a dug, Yeah, I've seen that play a million times.
Speaker 3: But that is a rap.
Speaker 1: And this episode of The Draymond Green Show within My Dog b D the o G. We all y'all keep tuning in. We appreciate y'all the.
Speaker 2: The volume. M hm