Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance CEE DKG dot Co slash Bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: And thank you for staying up late and joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite number eighty five rot Runner Extraordinaire Bingals, Ring of Fame, honoree pro Bowler Allpro from Liberty City. He's Chad O Cho Sinko, Risatto Johnson. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. And again, thank you, thank you guys for selling out. Shay by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders and I want to thank you again for your patients. Please make sure you go follow my social media my media company. We have a page up. It's called shay Shape Media. Please follow it on all platforms. Also my clothing company eighty four Clothing for col that's eighty four spelled out. Also, oh, your cigars cigars or backing stop. We got that pen. Sure make sure you go clear them out again. That's eighty five cigars dot com slash shop eighty five Cigars dot Com slash shop.
Speaker 4: He'll great greatly appreciate it. I got a question, what's that You got an eighty four clothing line?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think I should start a eighty five clothing line. What you think?
Speaker 2: No, that's on you. I think you know.
Speaker 4: I'm really not into fashion. I'm very cheap. So I think it would be really cool for me to have inexpensive, an inexpensive line of clothing, affordable clothing that that that's on brand for me and what I represent. So I like, have I have T shirts and hoodies and sweats everything for twenty dollars?
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Canelo defeats Jimi Mungia by your by unanimous decision, wasn't I think it was unanimous decision. Great fight in the fourth round. Uh, he got in the pocket with Canelo. Canelo hit him with a number cut, dropped it and uh. But also it was a big night, the Timberwolve takedown, the Nuggets on the road, Uh, Cat Williams had.
Speaker 2: His uh YouTube special Woke Folk.
Speaker 1: I was in attendance at that tonight and we had the big the big fight Canelo and Jimi Munguia. So We're going to start with the last one, which was Canelo. Alvarez defeated Jimi mu Mungia by decision. Great fight, Ojo. What did you like about what you saw from Canelo tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, before I get to Canelo, obviously from Mungia, Mungia had a good game plan. I think at some point, obviously you think about Mexican fighters always want to add pressure, always want to come forward volume punching, and that's what Magia started out doing. First round. He won first round, Barren square. A lot of punches were thrown. Obviously, fighting in the pocket when you're fresh in the early rounds is okay to do. Canelo normally starts slow, he doesn't throw as many punches. He somewhat kind of somewhat dissects you get, gathers information, catches the rhythm, figures out your routine and starts pouring it on in the later rounds Mungia. Mungia got dropped. I think it was in the third round. Canelocording with a hook quick uppercut. Yeah, it was a fourth. It was the fourth putting with a quick hook in the uppercut. And one of the things I would say about when you're fighting someone like Canelo, him fighting in the pocket, as powerful as he is, were most of his punches out. I don't know what percentage it is their power punches. You gotta be careful. You gotta be careful with that. But other than that, man mcguia fought it a good fight. But Canelo obviously, dude, his ring IQ is phenomenal, and he just wasn't able. He wasn't able to able to win it. I don't think Monia had enough power also to keep Coello off of him. So Canelo was down there walking through everything. Yeah, it was a really good fight, really good fight.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think he ever garnered Canelo's respect because, like you said, Connelo just started walking him down. And then when he sat in the pocket where they me caught him with the one doing the uppercut and put him to the turf, that was the first time the camp.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, that's the first time Mogia has ever been down.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is with with with Menia, and he's so much bigger. I mean, if you look at him, he's so much bigger than Cannelo, and I thought he could hurt a Canelo, but he didn't seem to really bother him.
Speaker 2: Canelo. Uh, yeah, he tried some.
Speaker 1: Everything he tried to jab him, he tried to go to the body, but everything that.
Speaker 2: He threw seemed Canelo seemed unfazed by it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, when Canelo fights, he's so goddamn relaxed, even when he does get hit. Mungia Manguya, mangia through through some through some combinations, and obviously the first two or three punches will get blocked in the fourth and get through, and Canelo just unphased by all, right, unphased by all you always remain relaxed even if he does get caught, and it's so difficult. They make it look so easy, They make it look so easy, but it's so difficult to do to get in the ring or have punches coming at you and someone trying to knock your head off and just stay calm and relax the entire time, which is why obviously they are the elites at what they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that that's the biggest thing for any any great fighters, to remain calm. A lot of guys like to gather the information, see what you'd like to do, because the one thing you can do, because unless you work up a good lab in the back, you're kind of cold. And the one thing you don't want to have happen to get that flash knocked down, and now all of a sudden, it changes your It changes your fight plan because you're down already by two if you get unless you can knock him down or get him out of there.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times guys, especially like.
Speaker 1: A Canelo, like a Floyd, the really really great punchers counter puncher. Now Canelo has a little bit more power, but he's still trying to gather information. Okay, this is what he's trying to do. Lead here, Okay, he's gonna try to count on some of our things. And so okay, let me let me, let me get into the third, fourth, fifth, rounds, normally middle rounds. He starts picking up, picking it up. He's gathered all the data that he needs and so now it's time for him to put his plan into place.
Speaker 4: You know, you know who else starts like that that they starts slow and gather information.
Speaker 2: Tank?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ever noticed that Tank? Always the first one or two, three, three, right, the first first one through first one, two or three rounds he'll let you throw. He'll let you throw, and if I mean if if you if you're in distance, he'll let some off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then as as as a round progress, round four or five, he started to turn it up. And then you know by the time you hit six or seven, now if you haven't punched yourself out, but you know you've already slowed down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he started to ramp it up. Yes, that's one thing he had great. You know, Mexican fighters normally have great endurance. They can pressure there. Hey, if they gonna they're down the shield, they got no, they got.
Speaker 4: No problem with that on yalls most definitely.
Speaker 1: They got no problem putting punches together and going if it if necessary, a if we got to slug it out for twelve, well it is what it is where it is yet. But Canelo is a guy that he doesn't do He's not gonna punch himself out. He don't gather that information. And then he'll slowly start to methodically walk you down. But I was surprised with how well he took the punches that did get through the guard from Mngia. I thought, I thought mong Guiel could really hurt it.
Speaker 2: But I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't get the sense that he did any damage to Canelo. Canelo seemed really unfazed by that, and the score cards one seventeen to one ten, one sixteen to one eleven, one fifteen to one twelve, all in favor of Canelo.
Speaker 2: But I thought Canelo, uh, he looked, he looked.
Speaker 4: Good and exactly. But this is the thing I'm excited, obviously, Canelo said in the press conference when someone asked him a question about fighting Benavidez. So I'm hoping Benavidez is the next fight coming up in September for Canelo. If it's not Benavidez, I think Berlanga. Berlanga is another one who could be a potential fight for him as well. I think he might say Benavidez for maybe the latter n when he's maybe ready to call it quits and in summer retire and finish off, finish it off like that and give the fight fans with. Obviously, what we've all been waiting for is the fight between him and Benavidez, and I'm hoping it happens soon. Maybe it happens in September. If it's not Benavidez, I'm sure, Berlanga will probably be the next opponent. But Canelo man, real deal, real deal, Holy field man, all the way across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look at Mugaiel threw one hundred and twenty seven more punches than Canelo, but Canelo landed sixty four more punches. Gil was active. I mean there look running in. That don't mean you're going anywhere. So you ACTI if you ain't landing no punches, I mean that's that's that's kind of how to fight materialized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was active. Yeah he was throwing, but what that I'm landing?
Speaker 4: Well, you know it's funny. You know what what happened is I think after Canelo fort Floyd, he became a defensive mastermind. He became a defensive mastermind that worked on a defense to the point. Oh he always kept a high guard. He's been very good at slipping his head moving has been phenomenal. And you pair all that with his ring, IQ is you get you get stats like you just got tonight. It's someone you have a volume puncher adding pressure and he's throwing. He's volume punching, but most of the punches are landing. Canelo defense has improved so much throughout.
Speaker 1: The years they have, Canelo landed forty four percent of his shots. He landed fifty of his pole puncher. Well, I think the thing is that Canelo used to be a little bit more aggressive. Lloyd broke him out of that habit. He might not stop him, but he broke him with a habit. You know, my girl said, hey boy, you got that Okay, I might not stop you, but I break you the habit. And that's what happened Floyd. After he you know, Floyd would a pull counter everything he did. Man, I'm tired of getting hit upside my head every time I throw something, something coming back in my kitchen.
Speaker 2: And so he became a defensive fighter.
Speaker 1: But he still has dynamite and so as like I said, he starts start slow, slow, slow, slow, and then he starts to pick it up after he thinks that you've.
Speaker 2: Tired it out, tired out. But like I said, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I just didn't think mogill uh uh possessed the arsenal the skill or the or the power, the power, the skill, the skill level is I mean, this is you're talking about a master, yeah fighting a student, and that that's not the same mo Guil won't get better, but he's just not at the level that he needed to be in order to phase Canelo or let alone beat him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So Canelo was Canelo for the good fight he won. I won't get I won't bore you guys with uh huh the coffee box number, but Canelo beat the breaks off. Also with you. I went to the Cat Williams woke folks. He had a net Netflix Live special.
Speaker 4: I thought, I asked you to see if I can get a ticket to come to I would have flew to l A and you ain't even called me a text me back of nothing. I would have liked to go see the special as well, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. It was good.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, while we were close to the stage, uh you know, he shot the board. I told me he liked to be incognito into that big manshare on the shark.
Speaker 2: Ready to be out. And so it was a great It was a great Cat's Cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know what you're gonna get with Cat went backstage, hollered at him for a little while, talked to Mark Curry. Uh saw Monique gave her a hug, and then I had to come home and watch the fight and get ready for nightcap.
Speaker 2: But Cat's cat. It's it's unbelievable. He's unbelievable. Again. I can't thank him enough.
Speaker 1: We're less then, I think, two hundred thousand away from being the all time the biggest interview on YouTube history.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get that. You're gonna get that.
Speaker 1: But that that interview is five years old. Mine is four months old.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, you're gonna you're gonna you're gonna get that. But he gave me the fact. I got one. I got one that would beat the cat interview. I got two people you can get and sit down. You know right now they're in a civil war, beef rat beef.
Speaker 2: And if you can get them to drake and k listen.
Speaker 4: You, you'll do a hundred You'll do one hundred million views in a day, in a day. And I can make it happen. I can make it happen. You just tell me to make the call. I can make it happen.
Speaker 1: Well, that that would be unbelievable. Yes, I mean they got we're gonna get into that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, my bad, my bad. I ain't mean to jump the gun.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're gon, We're gonna get definitely gettingto that.
Speaker 1: But Cat Walke for his Netflix special, Our special was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: They got a h Netflix has this thing going on. What is it? What is it called?
Speaker 1: Netflix as a joke would have three hundred hours at thirty five different events, different comedians doing doing that thing is from May second to May twelfth. Obviously Kat had had a big headline. He had a big special to night that stream live on Netflix. That was unbelievable. So thanks Kat, thanks for taking care of me and my boy CJ, who's the produced EP of a Club Shaysha.
Speaker 2: He and I went took checked it out. It was unbelievable. It was great to catch that.
Speaker 1: The timber Wolves going to Denver beat the Nuggets and still game one, so they've stolen home court. Early Anthony Edwards was sensational forty three points. He was seventeen or twenty nine, three of seven from the three, six and six. Yeah, twenty three points, seven rebounds, three assists, are still in, two blocks and only one turnover.
Speaker 2: He was plus ten and go ahead.
Speaker 4: I have a question. Yeah, is it safe to say? Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Anthony Edwards all had that mamba mentality. The difference is is Anthony Edwards has that mamba mentality with a smile in his face as opposed to Kobe took everything serious?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Is it safe to say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They definitely still the personalities are basically a kill mindset.
Speaker 2: We know Mike had that kill mindset es.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's from the outside. He seems more charismatic. He's smile, smile, talking shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but he's something special. Uh.
Speaker 1: He has now sixteen playoff games and he has three games of at least forty points in his young playoff career. At twenty two years, two hundred and seventy three days, Edward become the second youngest player with consecutive forty point playoff games after scoring forty versus the Phoenix Sons. Only Kobe Bryant, who was four days younger, did so at.
Speaker 2: A younger age.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 1: Anytime, anytime you're you could say, you know what, I did something and I'm in the same breath as Kobe, I'm in the same breath as Jordan, I'm in the chamber or Lebron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially this early. So another I have another question for you, Yes, now you know, my basketball knowledge and my basketball prowess is nowhere near as in depth and deep as yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're improving. You work it.
Speaker 4: I'm improved. I'm getting better. I'm getting better. Is it safe to say that brother Anthony Edwards is top three in the NBA right now and has a but to be the face of the league when Lebron is done playing. I think we're gonna have or or am I off? Am I off track?
Speaker 1: You're not far off one of the three best players that's currently playing. I don't think anybody's taking it. If I got a team, I don't think anybody's taking them over Luca. I don't think anybody's taking them over Yoke now currently playing that's in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he and.
Speaker 1: Jason Tatum probably fighting it out. Jalen Bronson is in that mix.
Speaker 4: Also, Uh, that's oh wait, So you're said Jason Tatum is okay, now you got me, Now you got me? So are you saying Jason Tatum is better than Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying that they're they're They're in that because I think j T is gonna be first team All NBA, and I think man he might, but I'm thinking more second team.
Speaker 2: But it's close. I think the two.
Speaker 1: Guys right now, Luca and you're not taking you're not taking an over Luca and you're not taking them over Yoke. So now if a if you fighting it out him j T and Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 2: But mm hmm, and.
Speaker 4: That's that's a good one. And we talked about two different positions now, you know, I mean we talked Yo yo Yoga is the four, right, he played the four?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right. I'm still tripping Luca. Luca plays the four unless he played the two.
Speaker 2: He's a point. He plays, he's the one. He's a good point.
Speaker 4: Goddamn one.
Speaker 1: Got damn b exactly. And then you still got shade. So if if you.
Speaker 2: Be first, he nice, Yeah.
Speaker 4: He got that same killer mentality too.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he got a smile. He got a smile in his face. Obviously.
Speaker 1: We know Man is the most athletic of that group, right, but he put them on show today.
Speaker 2: He had it all.
Speaker 1: He had all finishing at the rim with both hands, he had the three ball going, he had to turn around going, he had everything.
Speaker 2: He was blocking shots.
Speaker 1: He's sensational and I think the thing is, like I said before, you let him get the taste in his mouths of blood of what it's like. And he here, he understands that it to be what I want to become. I've got to do this in the playoffs, and I'm in the playoffs. Let me make him remember your name, son. Yeah, And Denzel said, when Denzel said, and remember the Titans, make him remember the Titans. Yeah, and uh he Hey, you gonna, you gonna, you can remember the timber Wolves forty three point I mean a sensational performance forty two minutes, seventeen and twenty nine, three of seven, six and six, forty three big big points.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I thought, I thought the big yoke Rudy Gobert. I thought they did an incredible job on that.
Speaker 4: Crazy in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, he did.
Speaker 1: He gave them. I think he gave him. He probably gave him like thirteen points eleven, like thirteen.
Speaker 4: Dropped, he dropped fourteen, he dropped fourteen in the four like it was nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they needed all that.
Speaker 1: But I thought Rudy Gobert and I thought Carl Anthony Towns did a great job. Yoke shot nine threes you can live with that. That means he's not close to the basket exactly. They keeping him out there. They keeping him out there, and he was he was he he yoke is normally really really efficient.
Speaker 2: He was leven of twenty five two or nine. He was thirty two points a nine assists, uh and what eight eight rebounds.
Speaker 1: He's normally you don't get very many playoff games where he doesn't give you at least a double double. Now he's gonna we know he's gonna give you the double double in points, but it's normally a rebounds in a sense, a lot of times he's gonna give you a triple double. But I thought their size, I thought they did a great job and mix it up. And they started calling Anthony Towns on him. They put Rudy Gobert on Gordon.
Speaker 4: Wear him down a little bit. No, Gordon called him to wear him down a little bit.
Speaker 1: That I think the thing is, Look, Gordon is not the threat Rudy Gobert, and so now look for Rudy Gobert to come help.
Speaker 2: And he just Rudy blocked a couple of.
Speaker 1: Shots coming from the weak side, right, and so that's what that's what you need because we've seen Yo do a demolition job of Rudy called Anthony Towns a little bit more athletic, a little bit more physical. Hey, but he got him in foul trouble. That was a really good job. That was a really big win for the Timberwolves. Concerning call, Anthony picked up his fifth file early in the fourth and had to go to the bench. But Anthony Edwards and nod reed, like you said, nov Read's coming in and get him fourteen points and ant Man doing a demolition job the entirety of the game. That was really really they needed that. They needed that. So they've stolen home court. Yeah, they've stolen home court from him early on.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, you heard you heard the media ad joke it. What can he do against the against the Wolves? Three three big car Anthony Towns, Rudy, Gobert and Noads.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he's said about maybe you need a duplicate of himself out there or a clone. You know what, he's a comedian. He has not dry humor. That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got he got.
Speaker 4: He got dry humor. The fact that he can laugh, the fact that he's still in good spirits and laugh about it after losing game one. It lets me know whenever they have game two, which I'm assuming is what Monday, by Monday or Tuesday, Monday, Monday, he's finna go out there and have a goddamn game. Oh, lets you know, you can go out there and have a goddamn game.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Jamal can't continuously start slow. Now he got it going a little bit, but if you remember the first half, he has zero points.
Speaker 4: Right, I see, here we go again with me not understanding. He want to get your players in rhythm. The head coach, whoever the head coach is, you want to get your players in the rhythm. Call plays for those players, those individuals. You got to shoot the ball early. The earlier you shoot the ball, even if you do miss, if you do hit them, you get in rhythm a little bit faster. If you get in rhythm a little bit faster. There's no different than when when you out there playing you catch a ball. If you catch a ball, you know what that does for you inside and what it does for you mentally. The confidence it shoots out the roof. You get you you hit a layup, you hit you hit something you hit some mid range boom. Now you're competent out the roof. Now you get into a rhythm of the game. They don't have the game don have to.
Speaker 2: Go through you.
Speaker 4: But you feel that much more comfortable shooting, and from that, I'm assuming you would be efficient. I mean that's just my thought process.
Speaker 2: Well, he just missed some shots early. I mean he shot great.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's the point, so he has the ball in his hands, he can take he can take the guys off the dribble.
Speaker 2: He just missed those shots.
Speaker 1: The shots that were going in against the Lakers, they didn't fall today. They didn't fall day and fault today a lot of guys. I mean, you look at some of the shots that Yok was missing, they went in some of the So so I thought, maybe played Reggie Jackson a little more. Reggie Jackson played really well in a little fourteen minutes that he played.
Speaker 2: He had five.
Speaker 1: He was plus fifteen while he was out there. I think he should have played a little bit more. But I think Murray Hall turning a round. But he They're gonna have to be on their best behavior now, they're gonna have to be on their best behavior. This Minnesota team. They really believe that they can beat the Nuggets. They played them tough. The Nuggets beat them last year in the in the semi finals, right, but each game really came down to the wire and they executed. This was in this game here was nip and tough, and I thought, I was like, Okay, they're gonna give them the Nuggets. You know how to win games like this. They've been in battle tested. To give the Timberwood was a lot of credit. The team was did an unbelievable job of every possession, maximizing every possession, did a great job of forcing a couple of turnovers to create, you know, extra persent. So the Timberwolves they're not in awe, they're not fearful of the defending champs, and they got their work cut off for him.
Speaker 2: Trust me, they got their work Cutoutah oh chow.
Speaker 1: The moment every Rap fan has been waiting for its finally happened. Frieda k doc, Kendrick, Lamar and Drake battle came to a climax and explosion of song. The day started with Kendricks six sixteen in LA, which followed drake seven minute barrage of family matters on Searing seven minute Deaths track, Drake unloaded on everyone from Rick Ross to the Weekend to Asap Rocky. Drake used family Matters to Levy some major accusations that Kendrick law, namely that he abuses his partner and that the child's father supposedly is Kendrick longtime collaborator business partner David Free. The song should have been in the talk all weekend, but kay dot was like a two minute drill. You know, in the two minute drill, Oh show what you do? You call two plays? You call what and you ate one. We're gonna call this and we will go right back up to the line first one on one second.
Speaker 2: That's what we got to play. Call so what.
Speaker 1: Drake didn't realize that when he came out with six one six, he already had something in the chamber knowing.
Speaker 2: That you was gonna respond.
Speaker 1: So by the time we listened to that, be like, oh yeah, that Drake going at.
Speaker 2: This in jumping yeah, Hello, hello, holo, oh Joe, oh Joe.
Speaker 4: He doesn't drop drop that, he doesn't drop drop that. Listen, hardcore hip hop fans. I think this is something that they've all needed. I think this is this is good for hip hop, two of the best in the game allowing their beef to show and display through penmanship even though they hate. Even though they hate each other, I think it's great. Drake is good at what he does. Kendrick lamar a lyricists. There's so many late to dissect. When you listen to what he's saying, it's dope. I like it. I'm I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not a hardcore hip hop fan, but remember when Jordan used to release and the line used to be around the block, around the corner because everybody waiting that. That's how I am right now. When it comes to the choral behind the qrawl between Drake and goddamn Kendrick, I don't I don't follow. I don't follow their careers and know the ends and ends and outs of all the insults and allegations that are being said. So I'm learning everything on the run as the albums are releasing, and I'm not really jumping and jumping and dissecting it and trying to find out did he do this or did he do that. I'm just I'm just enjoying it because as a fan of rapp in general, I think it's something that that I think it is something that we need. Is exciting and it has me on the edge of my seat obviously. God damn Kendrick dropped the dropped again of the day, and Drake dropped yesterday which was really really dope, very very.
Speaker 2: Crazy than you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen the fact that Drake added the visuals to it. He added the visuals to it. I mean, listen the creative aspect and just they just just the stabbing and the poking at each other. Is I I like it? I love it now. I can't dive deep into it and dissect it like a Joe Budden can or some of the people that are really embedded into into hip hop. I can't do that. All I can do is sit here and tell you I'm enjoying I'm enjoying it from both sides of the spectrum as a fan from the outside looking in, and the fact that they're getting it done with the pen and not the bull and it ain't going no further than that. They're getting and doing it in the studio. We ain't talk about no gun play, we ain't talk about no fighting.
Speaker 2: We doing we do best.
Speaker 4: That's getting this studio behind the mic and using the god damn pen.
Speaker 2: I like it, oh man. I mean the way he hit a faun. He's like, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Check the time he went at my cousin because listen, I was, I was Finnah jump in. I was Finnah jump in. I talked ay sap yesterday. I say, bro, just just let me know. But I didn't want to do that. He went at yad, did you hit? You hit a line of yay? Like, oh man, they are so strategic and if you don't listen, you miss it. If you don't if you don't listen, you'll miss it. And like, dude, that's the elite of the elite when it comes to to to writing and creativity and and and the art that goes into I and the making the beef. Man, listen, I'm waiting. I like the fact that Drake is like twenty verses one. Oh yeah, hey, he's shooting at every goddamn body.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing right now, he's the top dog. So yeah, if a let's take your enemy is the enemy to me too. So let's get him. Forget fighting up amongst ourselves. Let's go get him. Let's knock him off. He fanos right now mm hms.
Speaker 4: But you know, when I think about it, you know, Drake, the fame, the money, Kendrick. Kendrick is the type where it's not even about the money. It ain't even bout the fame. He's releasing. He's releasing music in a disc track wholeheartedly with a dislike for Drake, like from head to toe, his essence, everything about him. You can tell by the things that he's saying, in the way it's written, the passion behind it. He literally dislikes this individual. And this is this, this spans now that I've done the little bit of homework I have done, his spans from way back almost a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean almost a decade.
Speaker 4: I'm like, but god damn. I thought everybody in the industry got along because obviously it's like football. Everybody knows each other. Think about it. Everybody knows each other. It don't matter what team you play for. We know we all know each other. And if there already, if there are, there are very few cases of people that generally dislike each other that plays in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, because here's the thing, so I.
Speaker 4: Thought the same. I thought it was the same when it came to came to rap okay jar rule. Uh there have been some other beefs l L who's you said, ll cool J and m O n d n LLL, jay Z and nas. I mean it happens seldom, biginn Park. I mean, it's not like reoccurring every single year.
Speaker 2: So it's like ice q n w A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had Remy mard going and Niki Uh there was a couple of bars between.
Speaker 2: Nikki and uh yeah and uh Meg earlier this year.
Speaker 4: So is this rap beef? Is this the significance of it as big as j and Noads was or is it bigger being at the time.
Speaker 1: To more people involved. This is like World War three there. You know, you can have a war going on between two countries, but when you have the entire world going at it, now, this is what makes it bigger. Because this was just jay Z and nods. But now you got so now you got some of the biggest You had J Cole that was involved. J Cole like, hey man, I can I can see where this thing hide. I'm about to stage left. So you had J Cole in it, you had you got Drake, you got k doc uh first.
Speaker 2: And then now you got Chris Brown and Quabo going at it, right, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot that. I ain't know Chris Brown know how to rap like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, Christy. Chris is one of the most talented individuals that I ain't nobody.
Speaker 2: All like that.
Speaker 1: Uh. They talk about Eminem and ben Zito, they went at it. Oh they've been they've been beefing back and forth. Who had somebody else? Uh uh uh going back Eminem?
Speaker 4: Oh, Mariah Carey, Mariah Carey. That's not even wrap though with you. Remember Mariah Carrey was going at it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, well that's what you know, they supposed to have a relationship, you know, try you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm supposed to have you know. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I I just like, like you said, this is this is would be the World War Three of rap beef and this I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: It is dope, you know. I I again, like I said, I can't dive in and dissect it the way some of the people that are really good at it. Obviously I mentioned Joe Budden's name. He's really good at it because this is this is what he does. This is a part of his his craft and his art. But dog, I'm sitting. I'm waiting on Drake to drop. I don't know if it's gonna drop the night. I don't know if it's gonna drop in the morning. But I'm just waiting.
Speaker 1: Kendrick opens his song talking to Drake's son, The Donna's tell him the six year old, Dear Donna's, I'm sorry that the man in your father. Let's be honest. It takes a man to be a man. Your dad is not responsible. Ken your father's moore revelation, claiming that Drake had and his label Ovo Sound are involved in sex trafficking, even compares Drake to Harvey Weinstein share power and visiousness. Meet the graunds and the timing, adding the to the belief that Kendrick had access to people in Drake's camp overshadows Drake's release. Usual gotten personal anticipated Kendrick's execution, feel like it landed the most impactful blow.
Speaker 2: Well that's what you do. Look if we beef and we.
Speaker 4: Beefing, everything everything green light. Everything is a green light. But I thought when you thought, I thought the key, I thought the kids are limits. I thought the kids was off the park.
Speaker 1: Say, if you and the click you claim webside, we come equipped with game. You claimed the be a player. We bustle, bad boy, y'all stuck for life. So I ain't no, ain't nothing. But you take it there once you take it there. Yeah, what did I tell you, Joe? When they go low, I go to the basement.
Speaker 4: I go to hell.
Speaker 2: If they join them in the basement, I'm going to hell. So don't be talking about oh we're no kid none of hell. Now, I just I just thought this.
Speaker 4: This is when I when I heard the line and the message and he used the Donna sent it, I said, Okay, this is serious. Yeah, this is serious, like they're not bullshit. And I didn't think. I thought there was always some type of decorum to have when you do have BEEP for somebody with certain individuals off limits, mothers, kids, spouses.
Speaker 1: But man, the drive by what they do they wear a mama graand my everybody else on the pool if I got beat, so all that stuff that used to be maybe that was the old the old guard like kids I think of that was the scarface no kids involved.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, never, never never never never yet never never.
Speaker 2: Once once you, once you, once you come at me.
Speaker 4: Hm, I got, everything is on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let the hammer go. I'll get I'm getting everybody.
Speaker 4: Listen the letting. They letting it go on both sides, they letting it go.
Speaker 2: Hey. So that's a matter of fact.
Speaker 4: It's so funny when I think about it, right, Kendrick and God damn Drake going back and forth is no different than the seven seven game NBA series because that's what it's like. Yeah, they're going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And when you really listen to it, despite the things that are being said, and I know the allegations and all that stuff that's being said, I know that that stuff is serious or whatever. But just the excitement for me as a fan on the eyes outside looking in, you know, I'm not on nobody's side. I'm not cheering, and I'm just enjoying the beef back and forth. I'm enjoying it. Once you join it.
Speaker 1: If you come for me and I didn't sing for you, I got to send your way.
Speaker 2: Hey, But man, how your wife and my kids do it? Oh? Yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming.
Speaker 4: Hey, that hurt in.
Speaker 2: What is what you want it? Don't? Hey? Who?
Speaker 4: Man, just just this is just the thought of it, Like I'm not a rapper, but just the thought of someone taking shots at the kids and taking shots at real like that that just like just the thought like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: You showed them, You showed them your kids. See what I got to do. Now I got to put that. I got to put that thought in your hair.
Speaker 4: Huh. Hey, now now I got to go. Now I got to go get a DNA test.
Speaker 1: Now you talking, I got you looking at your people sideways, right, hey, but man to ask your question, who number is this.
Speaker 2: Is that you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You you paid a note over there such and such, such and such, right, my bad, bro, Hey, I just happened to be in the neighborhood. Oh, don't play, don't play, okay, And that's thing now and that that's hey, that's that's going to hell and all all gloves off at that point, Oh what you be all gloves If I never had gloves on, I've been dirty. I talk about y'all. Y'all playing, Hey, don't play, Like I said, don't play. If you want to play, we're gonna play.
Speaker 4: Listen, not just the thought of that. Man, Hey, just just the thought.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've been sitting on the age I keep telling about you, I've been sitting on these I got a five the number I'm on number twelve.
Speaker 2: How we gonna do this? I gotta all day?
Speaker 4: Oh man, how does that who you got winning? I mean, if you had to, if you had to pick, I think it's all on preference, on on on who and.
Speaker 2: Which you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like anything. If you if you like a guy, you're gonna believe he's winning. If you like the other guy, you're gonna be believe he's winning.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just want to just leave my guy to them, you know, right now? For me?
Speaker 1: Uh, for the longest time, I always Park was my favorite. Oh yeah, but that weezy baby, Yeah, that little n ain't to be upwhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, not very many people. Not very many people go at Wheezy, you know. Withey, No, not very many people are because all you're gonna hear is that lighter flick. And when that lighter flick, you know what time it is.
Speaker 2: You know the thing.
Speaker 1: If I ain't got no ghost riders though, Joe, I ain't got no goal riding I'm coming straight man.
Speaker 4: You know Wayne, Wayne from right here now, Wayne from right here, him and him and jay Z. I'm sure there are other artists.
Speaker 2: That can do it.
Speaker 4: Jay Z right here. Yeah, off the top of the head. So how does it end? Though, if you don't have a favorite right now between Kendrick and Drake, how does something like this end? Do you see them making up years from now, simlar to how jay Z and Nas did? Or is this something that's gonna be on running since the since the the hatred has been almost a decade long, and now it's just boiled over to this point.
Speaker 2: I think that, Yeah, I think it. You know, all can be forgiven.
Speaker 1: You look, you brought my you brought my wife into it, I brought your kids into it.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. A we're gonna put We're gonna put it down, and we're gonna move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's gonna be a that's gonna be a while from now though.
Speaker 1: Don't think now, Hey, I'm still in the lamb in case, just the case. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, I put it, you know what I'm saying a lot of times. You know, my grandma used to cook stuff and put it in the freezer right just in case I let it fall out and tell your answer up again. Oh but that's how that's like I said me personally, I do think it's manufactured. I think because we haven't talked about the rap game. We haven't talked to hip hop game like we talked about it in the four to five weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a very very long time.
Speaker 1: You know, we kept asking is hip hop dead? Is this genre music dead? Well, based on what we're seeing over the last six to eight weeks, it seems like this genre, hip hop rap, is very much alive.
Speaker 4: But but this is the thing. Now, we have a beef going on now. Who I feel sorry for right now or other artists right now in the rap game that have projects they want to release. I think this hurts the timing of their projects because the beat is going on and everybody talking about Kendrick and Goddamn Drake, they can't release their music. I don't think it would do as well as far as numbers and dreams are concerned, because Kendrick and Goddamn Drake a going back.
Speaker 1: And forth, right, And but all it does, all this does, all it's doing is helping Drakes because what Drake's done ten billion streams now is gonna help Kendrick all the guys that's beefing.
Speaker 2: People are gonna go back and.
Speaker 1: Listen to their music and see how close the disc tracks are to what they like some of their stuff. Because Drake always been sneaky k dot, you know, he calls say k dot. He always rap it like he tried to save the slaves, so you know, free the slave. So but I mean, they they're clever.
Speaker 4: They clever with that very very strategic, very strategic and all that they're doing. It's specially Kendrick. It's like Kendrick knows the moves he's gonna make, but he's anticipating, right, and so far, if I'm not mistaken, he's been damned near right or damn they're close.
Speaker 2: But I like it. I mean I like listening. Like I said, I don't really.
Speaker 1: I don't spend an enormous amount of my time during the course of the day listening to rap. But you know, I find myself listening to site that was talking about Okay, Kendrick, drop this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm listening to that. I'm like, Okay, I gotta like this.
Speaker 1: I listened to Drake. I was like, okay, okay, nice come back, nice come back. Then Kate Don did what he did. I was like okay, but I'm like, okay, how long were we going to continue this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And listen the funny thing. How long we can continue this? They're so good with the pen. This can go on for a very very long time. For a very long time, they can continue going. Or I can make that call and you can be the mediator and we can have a club Shay shade and have them squash things right there on the show. Hey, right there on the show. You know, it might be a situation. Oh, Joe I was sitting down one time. I was talking to this Joe.
Speaker 1: I was talking to this young lady and uh, she was like, Shannon, how long is this gonna go on? I say forever? And I say what forever ends? So this might be a situation. Yeah, somebody gonna have to call the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And I think what didn't CARDI be have a saying when we beef, we beef whatever.
Speaker 1: It might be in No, I don't believe it's gonna be any general leads going to the Apromatics courthouse with the white flag said Okay, we done have a.
Speaker 2: Nah, no it happened, but uh, it's been. It's been a hey.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think it's gotten people back into listening to rap listing. People are staying by, like, Okay, is he gonna drop?
Speaker 2: When is it? When it's such and.
Speaker 1: Such is everybody that Drake touchdown? Are they gonna have something to say about Drake and anybody Kendrick touched on? Is they gonna have something to say? Are they just gonna let hey? Are they just gonna be like, hey, move to the signe.
Speaker 4: Let them go out, letting go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it's so funny they're they're in such a what's the word I'm looking for? Both of them are in demon time right now going at each other. I don't think any of the people that they're calling out can release anything that would be as good as the tracks that we've heard so far. I don't know if I'm saying that the right way, it won't hit the same. Not that I'm saying that they can't do it, but I'm just saying the work and the craftsmanship of what's been released on both sides has been so good. I think it just it wouldn't be smart for anyone else that's been called out to say anything right now, just let those two just go at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the thing is but the question when it's all said and done, we look back on this, anything that they release, will it rival get them up? Tupac? Will it rival no vassaline? Will it ride? Will it rival ether or noads.
Speaker 2: Revi Ma Sheather.
Speaker 1: Well, when we look back, let's say ten fifteen years from now, right, Well, in it chat, what do you think when we look back on this, will we think when we think about the beefs, rap beefs, do we feel any of these will be mentioned? Like now, obviously they're gonna be mentioned because we got two heavyweights going at it. But will when you think beef you automatic hit him up? No vascaline? Ether, just up?
Speaker 4: When I think, you know what's funny? When I think about all the beasts that that have come out, I think Kendris his aspect in his delivery is so fucking complex that you have to sit there and you have to dissect and actually think and use your brain to really put the pieces to the puzzle together the understand what he's talking about. If you don't know everything in its entirety on what he's talking, on what he's saying. I think that's I think that's what I like about Kendrick when he is obviously Drake is straight to the point and you understand exactly who and what he's talking about because he delivers in such a way where you can got them understanding the right way. And with Kendrick there's so many different layers that you have to fucking peel back and put togethery like, oh shit, okay, yeah, yeah, that's what he meant, I don't know, and it makes it that much more interesting.
Speaker 2: The thing is here is the thing.
Speaker 1: I think most people think Drake, whether you like him or not, I think right now, commercially he might be one or two the thing that made Biggie and Park they were universally regarded as the one and two. Now whatever, whatever whatever space you want to put him in, you want part one and Biggie two, you want Biggie one part two. And so when them two titans came together, Park would hit him up and then then then Bigger came back with who shot you?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, and then what it's probably what.
Speaker 1: About three four years later I think Nods came out with Ethan.
Speaker 2: No Ma Seline. I mean hey Q and Q saying hey, I had something.
Speaker 1: If they was gonna respond, I had something already recorded in the chamber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ready to unloaded again.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Ah, that's crazy. I'm enjoying it. I'm just I'm just waiting to see who dropped next.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying. You know, I done got to we don't. We done got too old. We done got too old? A battle to be old? Chill, I'm fifty about fifty six. Oh no, it ain't never too old.
Speaker 4: We got a problem. So if somebody's slapping, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Turn out whoa, whoa, Okay.
Speaker 4: There you go. You ain't you ain't too old, You ain't too old.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no nothing.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, look, the thing is with me.
Speaker 1: Look, I kind of felt like Drake because there was a period that when everybody seemed to be coming for me right and I was like, bro, all that others, y'all can say all the stuff. I got fifteen baby mamas and I got all this stuff. But there's a certain jacket I don't wear that size don't fit me, So, don't play with don't play with my name. I got kids, I got grandkids. Now we want to hit you want to call me up, Let's have a conversation. Let me explain to me why you feel the need to say that, and what what made you say that.
Speaker 2: Did somebody tell you that I ain't talk about know.
Speaker 1: Well well the way he acts, and he had an orange purse and he had this, he had that. No, no, no, no, no, everybody knows at this point in time when you somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh it's coming out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As much money as Drake had, he couldn't hide. He couldn't hide that he had a kid. Right, So you mean to tell me somebody in my position he can hide that.
Speaker 4: Come on now, right right, right, right right? Are you right?
Speaker 2: So that was my thing? I'm like, hey, bro, come on, I don't play with me like that.
Speaker 4: But sometimes sometimes you gotta tussle. Man. Ain't they ain't not wrong.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to. I ain't trying. I ain't trying to. I ain't trying to mess up my money.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonna mess up your money. Ain't nothing wrong with Listen you in La. So you have to take you have to you have to become part of the culture. If somebody says something to you, you got to tell them to run you a fade, you know, matter of fact. Your name, your name, I'm gonna give you a I got a nickname for you. I got a nickname for you. Your name is Big Squabbles. You your name is Big Squabbles.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to tussle like that no more, o Joe.
Speaker 4: It ain't. Oh your hip's gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: All the ninja that was talking ain't trying to see me like that anyway.
Speaker 2: They just took me from a distance.
Speaker 4: Right right right, right right right.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody's gonna run up on me and say what they were saying. What they were saying on the own social media?
Speaker 4: Man stopping Now, you and you and you swole?
Speaker 2: Now are you read a game?
Speaker 4: Were you grat? Grabbed with him board and shake if you ain't even got to hear it.
Speaker 1: We just shake him up, shake all the change out of his pocket. So that's all I'm saying, because see me, That's why, that's why don't I don't play with people name I don't call people out there name right because everybody don't everybody don't joke the same and don't play.
Speaker 4: They don't, they don't. That's why. That's why I be nice to everybody. That's why when I see people, I tell everybody I love you. I greet them with a hug, a smile, and I asked them how their day is going and how life is going. Because like I love everybody, I don't. I don't want to beef for nobody. I don't want to beef. I just I just want to I want to eat McDonald's, I want to smoke my cigars, I want to drink my coffee, and I want to play video games. And that's it.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. I don't bother nobody. Yeah, I'll bother nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh. I go to my saying, I got to boring life.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I got no, I got it. I got a boring life.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I ain't been on vacation since ninety six.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you got life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do nothing on Joe. I go to the movie. I just to go to the movies. That was that was my excitement, was going to the movies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I stated to myself, I don't bother nobody. I don't talk about nobody when people come to me. Hey, man, you heard about this. I'm let me make you a question. Oh Joe, man, pearant let me tell you something. I said, who else did you tell?
Speaker 2: Man? I ain't tolbo?
Speaker 1: I said, if you don'e told somebody, don't tell me because I see what's gonna happen. It's gonna get out and you're gonna run back to me. So don't tell me because you already told somebody else.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Dang, I'm good. I'm good with that. I don't I don't want to hear it. I don't want that negativity because I ain't got nothing to do with me. I say, well, I'm gonna ask your question before you tell me. Is it gonna impact my bottom line? My kids, my finances, my family?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't care. I don't give care. Man, I heard such and such talking. I said, what that? Brother? I just told you. I didn't care. Right, what do you do? Why?
Speaker 1: What? Who he's sleeping with? And who got a baby by? And it's gonna come out. I don't care what they gotta do with me. Hey, is Kayla Shawn pregnant? If poo pregnant? My son got another kid on the way. Somebody tell me about whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: Boy, just.
Speaker 4: Drake just dropped again, just now, did he Well that's what the chat saying. Maybe maybe they're wrong.
Speaker 2: Is it trending?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, he just well did he come on? Chat? Y'all get it right, Stop playing or they might be playing around.
Speaker 2: He gonna come with something. He's gonna come with something
Speaker 4: Over somebody said, did you know this chat