Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend. Today. All right, let's get into the episode. Danny Brown, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's been the most persistent thought on your mind lately?
Speaker 2: Persistent thought on my mind?
Speaker 3: I just really been working on music a lot, so just getting back into being like creative and shit and starting to try to like, you know, find my foot and I mean, I guess, you know, I've been doing music for a long time, but still finding new ways, you know, still learning. So I guess that's been the most thing for me, just studying, you know, going back listening to a lot of old albums that I grew up on and stuff, and trying to remind myself while I liked it, you know, and try to you know, incorporate that into what I do.
Speaker 1: What kind of conclusions of you have you come to in this studying and learning.
Speaker 3: I think for the most part is don't think too hard. I think when I live in my head too much and try to you know, make shit that I think people will like or something like that, just get caught up in that.
Speaker 2: You know, that's when my.
Speaker 3: Least creative, I think, when I just let it happen, almost like a flow state, if you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So when I just get into when i'm not, I feel like I'm not trying hard, when it's just like.
Speaker 2: A higher power or some just making everything happen.
Speaker 3: So that's how I've been feeling quite lately, just been really fucking like, you know, showing gratitude to that.
Speaker 2: I think that's for the most part.
Speaker 1: Have you figured like I've always tried to figure out some kind of equation of like what variables need to be in place for me to get into that flow state?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You have you found there are certain things that surround whether it's like people you're with or has you been eating or drinking or anything like that that kind of gets you to that flow state.
Speaker 3: For the most part, it is just what's going on in my life. If I got like a lot of drama or like a certain shit that's just you know, just fucking with me mentally, then it's gonna be hard for me to concentrate. But if I'm doing all the right shit, you know, taking care of myself and you know, for the most part, like just you know, staying out of.
Speaker 2: Trouble, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I got everything going good in my life, even though I do have like crazy anxiety too when shit diet like that. I don't know if other people deal with that, But sometime when stuff is just going too good for me, I'll be like, man, something's.
Speaker 1: Bad, right, right, right, right, there's almost something the best part about things being bad is that they can't get bad.
Speaker 2: They're already there. Yeah, but that's just living in your head.
Speaker 3: Once I just get out of that, you know, stop stop thinking too much, I think, you know, I just smoke a lot of weed.
Speaker 2: I think smoking weed.
Speaker 3: When I thought it was, you know, helping with my anxiety or helping me like to feel better and ship, it was just making shit worse, to be honest.
Speaker 1: You know, because I find that when I smoke weed, it feels like I'm like stepping on a step ladder and like kind of looking at my life from this different point of view.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you were just kind of thinking thinking too much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you always look at it like a numbing agent, Yeah, numbing pain type. But for the most part, it was just causing it more, to be honest, because it makes you, don't I mean, it made me not care now I care about shit?
Speaker 1: You know. Do you feel like you in your life right now?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you has every year gotten better?
Speaker 2: Fuck? No, it really got a lot of worse for me. You know.
Speaker 3: I was just me, you know, caught up in my addictions and everything. But ever since I've been sober and everything. Everything's been going great. To be honest, I mean I never always, like I say, I always thought it was like me using as an escape. But now it's like everything's been great, man, I have no complaints right now.
Speaker 1: What do you? Is there anything that you've like been doing lately and in sober life that you feel like you just didn't have time for before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean now I feel like I have too much time on my hands and I'd be like, what the fuck did I used to be doing all this time?
Speaker 2: I was getting sucked up.
Speaker 3: But now now I've just been working back, just being in the studio making music again. It's just started to become fun for me again. You know, before it just felt like work after a while, like I would be getting so fucked up and shit and having to be in the studio, and I didn't really like that shit, Like I already I don't know, I just didn't like it, to be honest. It got to a point where, you know, I just didn't really want to be in the studio. But now it's just like I'm having so much fun with it. I'm having fun. It's like cause you know, I guess when you become you know, like when you start making money from it, and as a kid it was a hobby, Like your hobby becomes your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh fuck, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know now it's back again. It's starting to feel like a hobby again. So I've just been really just making music, man, for the most part.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're even still not having to balance the whole thing of like trying to do what will be you know in your mind, like financially and commercially successful versus like what you and your heart want to do, or are you pretty set on like I've gotten to the point where I want to be with all that other stuff, let me just do it what's in my own brain.
Speaker 3: I think when you start thinking that, it fucks with you creatively for sure, you know. So you know, it gets to the point you just got to do it for the love and anything else can come from.
Speaker 2: It, that's a blessing.
Speaker 3: So I always kind of went into making my music with that thought process. So it never really was about if you listen to my music, you obviously know I'm not fucking trying to.
Speaker 2: Make a top forty hit and shit like that.
Speaker 3: But you know, I guess I don't know man, I just really just just tapped into, like I don't know, just like a creative source. Like I said, it's almost like a flow state now, like I'm not trying hard to do this shit and I just making crazy shit. But for the most part, I just really just being creative and shit. It's like when you when you're doing it out of the love. I think that's when a lot of people gravitate towards it more so, almost like a creative energy or some type of shit I can't even hard to do.
Speaker 1: When you were like when you think about like the times where you just were dreading being in the studio the most, Like did you have a time where you just thought you would you would like never get it back.
Speaker 2: You know about making music. Yeah, I mean it's the love that you had for I mean.
Speaker 3: It's fairly easy for me to be honest, because I've been doing it for so long. But I think that was just me being wanted to be fucked up. It started out as me getting sucked up because I thought it sparked my creative juices.
Speaker 2: Then at the point like why am I here? I rather just get fucked up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, it's just like you know, without all that, it was just a distraction to be honest.
Speaker 1: Mm well okay, I mean looking back on it, is there any part of it where you're like, you know what that night out actually did kind of like even kind of do something for this song, like it gave me this idea or this rhythm or something or was it all just excuse?
Speaker 2: It was just excuse?
Speaker 3: It was none of it, None of it. No, I think now I was just like because even got to the point where it was like I was just dreaded, like I gotta go to work.
Speaker 2: I looked at it like work and stopped being fun.
Speaker 3: And now I was just like, since I've not been looking at it like that and just been having fun with it again, is just like it comes to.
Speaker 2: Me so easy now.
Speaker 3: Before it be like wrecking my brain trying to make some dope shit or even just the point of doing that, like trying to make something dope.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, just.
Speaker 3: Get in there and do it, and everything else to take care of itself.
Speaker 1: So what was what was the spark for you to be like, you know, after so long for you to be like all right, I'm I'm gonna get clean and like kind of enter this new phase of life.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was something that I always wanted to do. I feel like, I mean, I knew I was fucking up, but I guess you know, as men, sometimes it's hard to ask for help, you know. And I didn't even know how to go about doing that, you know, so once I just got fed up, like you know, just running relationships and you know, having them waking up every morning, like you know, after getting blacked out drunk and people telling you shit you did and you're like, fuck, I did that, you know, and just so many embarrassments and shit like that, and just getting tired of that shit and just being fed up and then just you know, I guess when you feel like you were at rock bottom, like you know, I just felt like I was there emotionally where I was just tired of putting myself through that kind of turmoil, you know what I'm saying. Where I was like, shit, got a change, man.
Speaker 1: You know, what are you looking forward to in the future.
Speaker 3: In the future, Yeah, I think before I used to when I used to go on the road and I would do shows and shit, it was almost like I was more concerned with the after party than the actual show. Yeah, And now, you know, after I just did this tour with Peggy, being on stage started to become.
Speaker 2: Like therapy for me, Like it made me happy.
Speaker 3: Like I used to be so nervous to go on stage and I would get fucked up just because I felt like it would make me, you know, feel better and not be you know, just everybody get nervous, you know, being in front of a lot of people, I guess. But and now it's like I was excited to get on stage and that became like a former therapy for me. So I think for the most part, just being back on stage is caused me so much clarity to see people that really enjoy the music for what it is, you know, So that just made me feel so good during his last tour.
Speaker 2: So I'm just more.
Speaker 3: Excited to just get back out and playing music for the people that enjoy it.
Speaker 1: We were talking beforehand about like that the adrenaline after you do a show. I've been doing all these shows this year, doing the podcast live, and after each show, I also feel like like I can't just fucking go to sleep, you know, like even if I even I'll even just like take a long walk or something like. And you know, now that you you said you're not going out as much, Like what do you what do you do with that? And how what have you been doing with that energy?
Speaker 3: Yeah after the show, cause yeah, after after a show, I do have like a crazy like adrenaline rush and I'm like pumped up. And it was really hard the first couple of shows we did where I didn't know, you know, like damn, because I used to drink or you know, smoke and do other shit, you know. But now it's like I start to find like solace and like just going back to the hotel room by myself and yeah, playing and my steam deck or reading a book or just like you know, watching random shit on YouTube. You know, it just started. I just started to be comfortable in that element, you know. And then I brought my equipment with me, so I would like set up in hotel rooms and just work on music. So it'd be like, you know, I wake up in the morning, you know, get my coffee, you know everything.
Speaker 2: And just work on some music.
Speaker 3: Then before I know what, I gotta go to sound check, Go to sound check, come back, do some do a little more shit. So I just got caught up and it was like twenty four hour work where I didn't I wasn't even thinking about nothing else, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, it was also like the social elements of going out, you know, like it does it ever? Do you do you ever get like lonely afterwards, like after you're just.
Speaker 2: Sitting in there playing the Yeah, being on the road is lonely. Yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: But I think for the most part, man, I just I don't know, I had a lot of time to be with myself, you know, when I'm at the crib with my girl, with my dogs. You know, it's a lot of stuff going on, you know, dealing with my family, my friends, you know, and for the most I haven't been on the road for a while, so being back it was like I was just happy being back at work, Like, oh, it almost kind of sparked something like I remember why I love doing this, you know.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, it almost feel like when you're when when you're just kind of going back home and like going back into your routine of what you of what you would be doing when you weren't on the road, like watching YouTube videos or reading or something like that, it feels like, you know, the days are less, you're you're less engulfed in fucking chaos. Yeah, you know, it's like becomes a part of your routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would say that being on the road, it's hard to like live.
Speaker 2: Healthy in some sense.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck yeah, you know, like you gotta eat bullshit where you can eat it.
Speaker 2: So I have enjoyed being back at home to be able to be able to eat.
Speaker 3: The way I want to eat, and live the way I want to live, and sleep in my own bed for the most part.
Speaker 1: You know, what's the worst, like things that you're eating on the on the red.
Speaker 3: I mean fast food, you know, sometimes you got to you know, certain cities you go in they shut down.
Speaker 1: Really you have a favorite one of those.
Speaker 2: I've just eat a lot of chicken. You know, I'm black.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: We were just set seven eleven and I had what was it, the Lone Star. I had a lone Star slider.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that bad, It wasn't. Yeah, I mean I might have to I might have to fucking shove all these tables away to do diarrhea halfway through this.
Speaker 3: But yeah, eating out to seven eleven is gnarly. That's definitely some gnarly that takes me back to like being a teenager or some ship man.
Speaker 2: Nah, I can't do that no more.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you want to take a phone call at all, let's do. Let's see what we got on the phones. Hello, Stephanie, Stephene? Is it Stephanie or Stein?
Speaker 5: You can call me whatever you want, but it's Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I'll then I'll call you Steffene. All right, what's going on, Stephen?
Speaker 5: I'm busy and I work my choose jobs, so that's pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Well, you said here that your boyfriend is choosing roadblocks over your guys' relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to understand why he does that. It's to me, it's like a child's game, and I don't know why he's choosing a child game over our relationship. So I've been dating him for a year and it's been pretty.
Speaker 2: Good to tell.
Speaker 5: He started his little roblocks eviction and I managed to make an account because I was like, Okay, we could spend more time with each other if I get this game. And he's kind of like choosing to play that game all day till like four am rather than hang out with me. And it's always this one game which I came to realize it's like this donation game. So do you know how roadblocks work? I?
Speaker 1: Do you know how roadblocks?
Speaker 2: No? I'm grown?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, he gives like these roebucks with like actual money, and I wanted to support his little gaming edition, so I bought him a couple of gift cards, and I guess I realized that donation game. He donates all the gift cards I give to him to random people, and that's like the only game he plays on there.
Speaker 6: And it's really.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to figure out what he enjoys doing that rather than like hanging out with me and.
Speaker 7: Using my money.
Speaker 2: Nineteen Okay, I don't know. It's like an EDP situation going on here.
Speaker 1: What's ZDP stand for?
Speaker 2: This pump bro?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Because I joined him one time and they's just like a bunch of kids running to him or not kids. I don't know how all they are, but like they tell me for money.
Speaker 1: I guess what I want to say is if is do you want him to stop playing the game? And you're I get I guess you're trying to be a supportive girlfriend, But if you want him to stop playing the game, why are you buying him gift cards.
Speaker 4: For the game, well, because I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm I really provided for him. I don't know whatever he wants. I comes to give it to him because you know, I like to make him happy. But it's kind of like a slap to the face. I give him like maybe a forty dollars gift carded then he just like ignores me, and I feel like I'm kind of too old to be going through this cycle over and over again.
Speaker 1: What do you do? What do you do outside of your relationship? Do you have a dreams and aspirations outside of this rowbox man?
Speaker 5: So, I don't know. I just work with my two jobs, come home, hang out with my boyfriend. That's that's all I do when I release Dream. Yeah, he works worked it two days a week and he's in score and now he's in college right now.
Speaker 2: That's pretty weird.
Speaker 3: He just makes it rain on kids and roadblocks with my money.
Speaker 5: I guess, I what did you I I've been trying to get it. So we're actually a long distance We we met off of a game called the Art Chat, and I think someone talks about it and on your channel.
Speaker 1: Before you I do know what vr chat is who I want to know what what was his avatar and vr.
Speaker 2: Chat he wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't like a meme avatar. We're both in meme avatars, so we're like duping around and I started talking to him, and to be honest, it's been pretty healthy besides this roadblock phase because before him, I was dating someone for seven years and you know, he didn't really cheat me well with them. I started eating this man right here. So it's just it's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you you met your boyfriend in a digital realm, knowing that he spends a lot of time and digital realms, and he continues to spend lots of time and digital realms. Yeah, and you and you, but you made an account to try to play it with.
Speaker 2: Him, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I really don't understand the games because it's like too kiddish for me, and I just I can't really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I kind of thought like that he would like, yeah, somebody, it would be a red flag for you. For somebody, it's just.
Speaker 3: A little creepy, give me creepy vibes, like kids or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think he would ever cheat, but it's just like it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the fact that that would be cheating is the problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know he used to socialize, but I would rather have like socialize on I guess the org because it's more aim for adults, and I would kind of understand it in that way.
Speaker 1: Does he have like a bunch Does he have like a bunch of like friends on discord who are like kids?
Speaker 2: And shit?
Speaker 5: No, there, I would consider eighteen still kind of like a kid honestly, So they're kind of eighteen twenty so his age range, but it's just they are really childish. So I just mentally not mature. I'm twenty two.
Speaker 2: Oh m hmm. It's a little creepy man, A little creepy me, right, No, not you him.
Speaker 3: I just wouldn't want to be spending my time all day when I got me a hot old woman sitting around playing Rodblox all day.
Speaker 2: That's just a little creepy things.
Speaker 5: I work like thirteen hour shifts or one of my jobs, and I would like to kind of like what is the word he compressed and hang out with him, maybe watch something, But he choose to go in the roadblocks and play games all night. So I feel kind of ignored and I'm kind of too drained to fight it anymore.
Speaker 1: Did you, like before calling us, did you have a sit down with him where you told him that he's spending too much time with roadblocks children.
Speaker 5: Well, if I'm being honest, I kind of talked to him like, hey, I was pretty depressed today and I kind of mentioned it to you. I wish you could like watch something and hung out, and he kind of like give me half ass replies and continue playing this little roadblocks. So I try to mention it.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes you gotta just like like you get to give a direct response of like, hey, you are spending too much time.
Speaker 5: I feel like, oh no, I've had multiple times. That's the thing. So it's just like you teach yourself too much. It's just I I don't even want to say it anymore. That's why I'm kind of like joining myself dollars from both of my jobs.
Speaker 3: So I mean it sounds like to me, if he met you on VR chat, he might got a roadbox relationship. You might got him with a rodbox bitch or something going on. I wouldn't doubt that.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I know he doesn't. It's just the fact he enjoys hanging out with I don't know children. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's kind of worse than having a Rodbox girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I think he got a roadblock.
Speaker 5: I think they're equal, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: That'd be crazy if he had a robox girlfriend and he was donating to her using gift card money. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know this guy. I don't want to put anything on him like that.
Speaker 2: But it's pamping.
Speaker 4: Out here.
Speaker 1: Well let me okay, Actually, here's uh. You guys are long distance, right, so you can't even you You almost like are spending time in these digital realms because that's the only way you can spend time. Where where? How far is this.
Speaker 5: He's I feel like people who know him watched this. But that's fine. He's in Canada and I'm in Texas. But my parents offered because they really like my boyfriend. They offer to buy a plane ticket for one of us to see each other this upcoming summer. So we have plans to meet and stuff. But the way he's asking just makes me very unsure about it being successful. Because he's choosing a litteral child game rather than focusing on a relationship.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. I think you probably need to find a new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I'm trying my best to, like really giving as much chances as I can, because I do love him to death and I'm the type of person who always puts them before I do, like myself.
Speaker 1: Your type of person. You put the person you're with before yourself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, before before.
Speaker 1: We go, I want to ask you, what's your name again? My name is Seane Stephanie Stephanie. If you were to put yourself, if you were to put yourself first, what would that look like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, I would honestly keep doing the same things I'm doing, working more hours, so I go af forward to move out and provide for myself and just not date for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm lost.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of lost in life as well.
Speaker 1: So mhmm mmmm. Well, if you ever want to uh use use me as a VR avatar, you can have the rights to my Gecko intellectual property and use that to find as many romantic partners as that would bring on.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I would, I would pimp with that avatar.
Speaker 1: Danny do you have any final thoughts for Stephanie at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to find you a real person.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's hard. It's hard to do in the long dis Yeah.
Speaker 5: I enjoy long distance because I feel much safer because my seven year relationship he was very I guess abusive and stuff. So you know, you can't really hit me through the internet.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry to hear that, Stephanie. Although this s guy Joshin, he doesn't seem like that physically imposing of a man.
Speaker 3: I mean, nineteen years old on roadblocks, eighteen hours a day. Hell no, Stephane.
Speaker 1: I hoped this was I hope this was in some way, shape or form. I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's nice to talk to someone about it.
Speaker 1: Dude, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? O, don't let your boyfriend play Roadblocks.
Speaker 5: That's all I got to say.
Speaker 1: I have a good night, Stephanie.
Speaker 9: You have a niclone.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I thought Roadblocks was like but like people like I don't know, like twelve of or some shit.
Speaker 1: I think it is. I think this guy is probably like when he said, we don't. I don't know what she meant by a donation game or if it's like, I mean, you can like donate to twitch streamers or something like that, but I don't. I don't know me even even the guys who are like streaming that are like fifteen or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like it's kind of creepy. Yeah, it's kind of Creepy'll get a little pdfile vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Uh do you what? What do you play on the Steam Deck?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been playing The Witcher because I never finished it. I was playing a lot of The Witcher, but for the most part, I'm you know, I play a lot of j RPGs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I'm what what what are you plan now? There's a two percent chance?
Speaker 3: So well, I went back and I was playing for Soono four, were for Signer four. I'm getting into Starfield. I'm gonna start playing that tonight.
Speaker 1: Do you ever play the Switch?
Speaker 2: The Nintendo Switch? Yeah? Yeah, I lost a few of them.
Speaker 1: You lost you lost a few.
Speaker 2: Lost a few switches?
Speaker 1: Where did you? I mean, I guess if you knew you wouldn't have, it wouldn't be lost.
Speaker 3: But leaving him in a hotel room one time I left a switch in the hotel room. Next thing I know, I got a new one and he bought like four new games. I'm like, what the fuck? I ain't buy no Mario Party. What the going?
Speaker 2: They were in your account and they bought the games, Like, I ain't buy Mario Party. Who got this?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But no, I don't have a switch.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: I've been like every since I got the Steam, Steam Decks amazing, I got the emulator on it, got a whole bunch of game Cube games.
Speaker 2: I've been back playing game Cube game Metroy Prime. Okay, That's what I've been getting busy with.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna beat I'm a huge I used to play, like in tournaments for a Super Smash Brothers.
Speaker 3: I suck at Smash. I mean I think I was better on it. What was it sixty four?
Speaker 1: Sixty four?
Speaker 2: No? No, I think it was Gang Year. I think game Cube was my favorite one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever play the new one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It suck.
Speaker 1: I suck the the I'm like kind of a purist about it.
Speaker 2: Like the new one.
Speaker 1: It controls a little bit differently than the GameCube one. So I'll only play the GameCube one it's just people are so good at it, man. Yeah, it's one of those games.
Speaker 3: It's just like, Man, you can have fun playing it, but then when you play someone that's just fucking amazing thatdy.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't want to play this shit no more. Why am I putting myself through this?
Speaker 1: It's not fun.
Speaker 2: No, it's not fun at all.
Speaker 3: Then I was trying to be cool and play with love Mac and shit because he was a new character at the time.
Speaker 2: And fuck it fucking sucks little Max.
Speaker 1: So you ever sideb off the stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Always falling off the fucking stage with may do that fucking dash punch and just fall right off the fucking world.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good with kirbyat oh back in the day. That was my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, use that down b move you already know. So let's suck to let's talk to MJ. Hello, Oh hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Is this Lyle? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's Lyle and Danny. What's up?
Speaker 2: Man? What's it up?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 11: I'm I'm I'm actually shaking. I'm Oh my god, Lyle, you have no idea, like, how big of a fan I am. I worked all summer and the only thing that got me through the first five hours of like my ten hour shifts.
Speaker 4: Were you bro? For real?
Speaker 2: Thanks? Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you say something nice about Danny too?
Speaker 4: You don't have to Danny, Danny, you look great in the suit. I'm being serious.
Speaker 11: I actually was just checking out your music right now. I actually might start listening to you more for real, Like, yes to figure.
Speaker 2: Music that warms my heart?
Speaker 1: What's up about?
Speaker 4: Serious? Thank you?
Speaker 1: How's how's it going?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What's what's going on with you? It says that you're nineteen from Chicago, You're in college, and you're like finding it hard to talk to your peers. It says, is.
Speaker 11: That, yeah, yeah, So I've been in school right now for about three weeks and I've only been able to talk to one person in my class, and she's a pretty cool dude. And the only way I've learned how to talk to him is I offered him like a piece of gum, Like every single class period that I had with him, I was like, do you want a piece of gum or anything?
Speaker 4: And he's really cool.
Speaker 11: I mean, he reminds me a lot of my older brother, so it just kind of feels like I'm talking to him. But other than that, I am just really like I'm not diagnosed at all with like social anxiety, but it's I find it really hard to like talk to people, and like even if I'm like in a store or whatever, I have to have like my brother, like my sibling hyped me up to talk to like an employee, to ask like do you know where this is?
Speaker 4: So it's just it's.
Speaker 11: Kind of hard to like get myself out there and like just talk to people.
Speaker 3: I dealt with that a lot, but I had fucked up teeth, so I just do want people to see my teeth. So I didn't used to talk a lot when I was younger because they always teased me and shit. But for the most part, I realized that it's almost just like putting yourself in a situation and you're just being cool enough and people would just like want to kick it with you, like when you seem interesting, you know what I'm saying type shit where you know, not trying too hard, not being a try hard and not trying to go out because then that comes off kind of creepy. But I feel like, just you know, you got to just go with the flow and not live in your head, and eventually people would just pop up.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's almost that you have to like get comfortable with yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First, because if you're if you think that you're word and suck, then everyone else is gonna kind of kind of catch on to that.
Speaker 2: So you have to kind of like.
Speaker 1: Build that internal confidence, and weirdly it always kind of shows in a way. I mean, how do you how do you feel about yourself?
Speaker 4: M J.
Speaker 11: I'm man, I'm not that confident.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 11: I kind of struggle with a lot of body positivity and just my looks and everything. I try to take care of myself as much as possible, but it's hard, you know. And I just I got a new haircut, like something that I never did. I got like those like modern mullets now.
Speaker 1: But how tall are you?
Speaker 11: I'm just I'm five eight five eight, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Like pretty sure. Yeah, how tall are you?
Speaker 1: Five six?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Oh you're like my brother? Yeah, My little brother's taller than me. And I kind of look to him more as like kind of like trying to be like him because he's in high school and everything, and he just does not care about what other people think or say he's the Hills person.
Speaker 4: Ever, you don't really talk. He has like a.
Speaker 11: Group of friends that he usually hangs out with, like online and in school, and he's just like, man, I don't think like you're too much or like he always will tell me do your cringy, dude, you're embarrassing and everything. So kind of it either messes with me or I'm like, man, I'm doing too much. I gotta like calm down.
Speaker 1: So so, Danny, you said that you've kind of felt like, you know, earlier on you had a little bit of what he's talking about. But I mean now you kind of seem like you have a bit of a you know, not giving a fuck what people think about me. What do you think changed for you in that cause?
Speaker 3: I mean like it's all about what you're kind of into. And I think most of my friends when I when I was in school and stuff, it all came from music. So it's like I was super into like rapping all that stuff, and you know, I used to rap and stuff, so I met my friends do doing it. So I think it's pretty much about like what you're into, and that's where your friend group will come from and that type.
Speaker 2: So what are you into right now?
Speaker 11: I'm actually majoring within graphic design and like art and stuff, so I try to like talk to people about like, you know, all like this looks cool, or like I like a lot of music, so I'll be like, who's your favorite artists and everything. Like I don't really listen to like pop music because it's just kind of like I don't mean to sound like that pretentious like pops like or whatever, but it's not for me.
Speaker 1: I think. I think there's there is this thing of like creating your own universe that surrounds what you're interested in, and then if you take the initiative to do that, other people catch on and that's a good way to make friends. Yeah, Like when we were just talking about you know, Smash Bros. When I was in college, I would like put on tournaments and events and stuff, and it's like when you when you create your own thing around your own interests and invite other people to join, its great way to make friends. So if you're in graphic design and you wanted to start, like I don't know, man, you think about any clubs, starting a little graphic design club, a little uh what's the thing where like you show up the a crit start a little crit club. You know, everyone brings their work and you guys kind of go around better something like that, especially if you just started college and there's all these like other you know. I always always found that starting a club or something like that is a great way to get people around you, you know, and also you you feel more confident when it's your space.
Speaker 3: I also thinks he seems pretty cool to me, like he called and talking to us, So I really just think it's just him living in his head. That's what we go back and think about. Like, you know, you're just thinking too hard, man, Just you know, just go with the flow.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That's really you know, you putting yourself in the situation of being a part of like graphic design. You're around a lot of other people that are into the same things that you are. So eventually, you know, time did nature take his course. You know, if you think too hard about it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, you know, Yeah, in school started.
Speaker 11: Right, especially, yeah, especially like my little brother and everything, because like we're like not too far. He's like a little like five years younger than me, so like he's like fifteen, and he actually did try to call in once and he got shut down because he's fifteen, and I was like, oh, dang, I didn't know, like you had to be fifteen to call off.
Speaker 4: So he was upset about that. But it's all good.
Speaker 1: It was nice to take a break from hanging out with the previous caller's boyfriend too call.
Speaker 2: Into the show.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a man, I don't know what was going on with that. I heard like a little bit like a snippet of like roadblocks and stuff like that, and I can relate to my older brother he plays the roadblock.
Speaker 2: But listen, listen, you.
Speaker 1: You and that guy, if any if you can leave this with anything, You and that guy are both nineteen, and you sound like you're doing a lot better socially than he is. So you have that gun for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, man, I appreciate that, true.
Speaker 1: Of course, Danige. Anything do you want to say to MJ before we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's just I think a lot of times, you know, you just got to work on yourself, like confidence is everything, Like you know, you got the new cool haircuts, you know, maybe you know, get some new clothes and you know, just work on yourself, maybe going to the gym, working out once you feel better about yourself than everybody had noticed that, then everything could just happen for you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But if you keep living in your head and feeling like you're cringey, then of course it's going to project the other people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 11: I actually did start going to the gym this last week because I just look up to my little brother so much, because like he's just such a like a calm, like cool dude. And he started going to the gym with his friend. So I was like, all right, let me hop on. My dad was like, all right, if you guys want to go, I'll pay for you guys to tag on with him.
Speaker 4: And we didn't.
Speaker 11: And now I'm going to the gym, and I think, like this week I've lost like maybe like five six pounds.
Speaker 2: You can, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm gonna try to keep on that. I'm cooking some food right now to lapia, you know, so it's gonna be good tonight.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your lapia. I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Is, but.
Speaker 1: Right it's like it's yeah, well, enjoy your tilapia. And thanks for calling.
Speaker 11: Man, good luck, thank you, gig oh and I missed your Chicago show. I found out that you existed, Like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Be back after twenty twenty four. I'm coming back to Chicago. I might try to come back.
Speaker 4: I heard, I heard, I heard I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with twenty twenty four. I swear, I swear.
Speaker 1: You're coming to Chicago soon too, not that I know about. Yeah, go see Dan, anybody who comes to Chicago too. All right, take care of him.
Speaker 4: Jay, all right, thank you, sir.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 1: I asked you earlier. I was like, do you feel like this era of your life is like the best it's been? And you said fuck no. But to phrase it differently, do you try it to what we were just talking about. Do you feel like over the years, how's your personal confidence in yourself been? Is that at the highest it's been?
Speaker 3: Or I wouldn't say is that the highest because I've always I wouldn't. I always had, like, you know, pretty confident in myself in some sense. But I think I'm just not causing any problems for myself. I think that's the biggest deal. But like I say, man, I'm so get caught up in my own head as well, and everything.
Speaker 2: Stuff's just been going.
Speaker 3: So good that I get that anxiety of like, ah, something just gonna happen to him or whatever, you know, But I would say, man, yeah, I was causing all the problems for myself thinking I was making things better. Not at this point in my life, I'm realizing, you know, what the problems were, and the problems wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 3: And once you understand, like having that unresolved trauma and stuff and you letting go of that. I think that was the biggest takeaway from me going to rehab it, just realizing where everything is stemmed from. And once you were able to find the root of the problem, you're able to take.
Speaker 2: Care of it.
Speaker 1: You know, do you what do you feel like the root of the problem was.
Speaker 3: A lot of guilt, probably a lot of guilt and then not not forgiving a lot of people like I can be like bingefol in some sense, you know, And once you're just able to be like, you know, look at it through the other person's eyes. You know, I was able to overcome that. I feel like, you know a lot of times, man like even just with you know, people with their parents or family members and stuff like that, and once you were able to just you know, feel apologetic on their end, then you can, you know, get through it a lot better.
Speaker 1: You know, were you holding on to grudges that were like several years definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really what was the big deal you did you like.
Speaker 1: Did you forgive in the sense of like let me call this person up or just an internal.
Speaker 3: Internally I'll stee I still struggle with that with with I don't know, we just calling people, like having that drama, you know, like, I don't know, I still I still struggle with that, but I've gotten a lot better with it. I've gotten a lot better with it, especially with expressing myself because sometimes you know, stuff cannot go your way and you can feel a certain way about certain things, and instead of addressing the issue, you just hold it in. And I think that was a that was a big That was a big deal with me. That caused a lot of problems with me. Now I just you know, be open about how I feel about stuff. And you realize sometimes man like like people don't give a fuck man, and you realize, like you be like man, you know, you might think something happened and you know, you you try to think from their point of view, and then once you really just sit down and talk to them, you're like, they didn't really care that much. You know, it wasn't even that big of a deal that I was making it out to be.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah. Do you do you like when you when you.
Speaker 1: Think of there's like multi year grudges you're talking about it, do you feel like, oh, I'm holding onto this thing for several years and this person just probably doesn't even hasn't thought about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really what it is when you really get down and you talk to me like, man, I didn't even know you were feeling like that about that.
Speaker 2: I'm right, I'm saying you like, ah, fuck, and you feel stupid. And that was a big deal with me.
Speaker 1: It's such a weird thing how like our brains can take certain things and just mess them out of proportion in terms of what's reality, you know. And we also like you can assume how other people feel all the time, and you can assume another person's mad at you or upset about this or this and that when they just don't get you just projecting stuff onto them.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And another thing with me was when I know I was wrong in a situation. Yeah, and from me being wrong, it'll make me hate the other person eventually, Like, no, you know, it's easier to hate someone when you know you was wrong kind of thing and just manning up and just to step the responsibility for it, you know, self accountability. That was really the biggest thing for me, was just you know, being being accountable for all the fucked up ship that I did, you know, And I was able to get over a lot of things once I realized I was the fucking bad guy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm did you like so, I know you said you it was kind of a lot of internal forgiveness towards the people who you felt like wrong to you. Did you make any calls or do any reach outs of people you felt like, oh you kind of fucked up there or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, definitely that's cathartic because it feels like a weight off your shoulders. Yeah, you know, you holding all this you know, internal trauma and stuff like that, overs fucked up shit that you did, you know. So for me, yeah, it definitely lifted, like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
Speaker 2: Do you so you're working on new music now? Right? Always? Now it's my it's my that's my sweet spot.
Speaker 1: Are you taking Are you taking a lot of this a lot this stuff? And correct me if I'm wrong, But it feels like a lot of the stuff that you're talking about is like fresh for you since rehab and and I know you even dropped an album since do you feel like a lot of these things that you're thinking about in these themes and whatnot, or you're gonna try to kind of express that I got.
Speaker 3: An album coming out soon. But I think for the most part, with a lot of my music, it was almost like trauma dumping, you know, where I would talk about shitting my music that I was afraid to talk to other people about, you know, And now it's like, you know, it's as much as it was an artistic expression, it almost.
Speaker 2: Was like a cry for help too.
Speaker 3: And you know, listening to that music is great and you know, but I put a lot of comedy in my music. So that was the way I masted, almost like a dramedy type of situation. But now it's almost like I will and it did, because I do get a lot of messages from people be like, you know.
Speaker 2: Some of my most fucked up songs, they be like man, that helped me get through my shit.
Speaker 3: You know, it's almost like a weird thing. But now it's like, I just kind of want to make people happy with my music. I don't want them to feel sad or feel some feel worried about me type of shit, you know. So it's like because I realized, you know, a lot of the music that I like growing up as a kid was the type of songs that just made me no matter what I was going through in my life, I can listen to this song and just takes me to a happy place. I'm not saying I'm about to be making some old corny ass fucking you know what, I'm saying that popping type shit, but just still, I want to make people feel good, give them that confidence. So just make them just forget all their problems for that three minutes and just dance.
Speaker 1: You know, do you ever have a song that you just like had you had no intention of it being a song like that that would like help people in that way, and it's just something you just were, I don't know, wanted it to be hype or something like that, and then it was interpreted in ways so you didn't think it would be intern.
Speaker 3: Just like my album Atrocity Exhibition, that was pretty much I was. I mean, I was really just in a dark place. But I find that a lot of people you know that loved that album hit me up and tild was like, man, it helped them realize they were going through a and you know, got them out of their funk.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So maybe I don't know. I guess sometimes you know, people have this whole perception of what artists. You know, we're normal people too, we go through shit too, So I guess people hear like, oh, he have an these same problems in these troubles, you know. So it's just so I'm at such a great space to see people, you know, let them know that I made it out, so instead of doing all this trauma dump and I'm more.
Speaker 2: So I want to help, you know.
Speaker 3: That's always tell anybody if you going through something, man, you want to reach out to me. Man, I'm definitely with answer.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Trauma dumping though, like when you're when you're being open, it is it is helpful for people because people are like, oh, man, Danny Brown's this fucking cool rapper. God, he's probably like just you know, having sex with models and doing all this, but you know, and then for you to you know, talk openly about things that you're struggling with, people are like, oh, and then there's people who are like dreaming. They're like, oh, well, once I'm like, you know, famous and successful and whatever the fuck, then I'm never gonna have any problems ever. Again, to hear people who are as successful talk about problems they have, they're like, oh, maybe it's not these external things that I have to achieve to reach, but it's something you know, more internal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said, I would cause a lot of the problems to myself.
Speaker 3: But every time I would like make an album, like even now, like you know, having an album getting ready to come out, I would just get this crazy anxiety, Like I would just be so afraid. It was almost like cause you know, once you're trying to get on, you know, it's like joy, like you're just happy any little thing that happened. But once you kind of feel like you made it in some sense, it feels like anything can take it away, right, you don't want to lose that like one and make one trash album.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 3: And I used to just be so scared, like having an album get ready to come out and be like, oh man, just people think it sucks. Careers about to be over. Maybe I shouldn't have made that, Maybe I should make some more songs and stuff like that. But now it's like I'm just in a happy place, even though this album is a complete trauma do but for me, man, a lot of my favorite albums with musicians from adopting.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to get on this. I'm trying to drill into my head this idea that I think. I think sucking and being kind of cringey is not that bad. It's not that bad if you suck. And if everyone thinks you suck, because what whatever? Man, And look as long as as long as you don't like go to jail or get grievously injured or die, you're you're.
Speaker 2: Probably fine, you know.
Speaker 1: So like sucking is just in that if you like, I want, I want to get my base. I want to get my perspective to such a point where that's all I care about. You know, if I woke if I woke up today and everyone online thinks I'm you know, cringey, but I can like walk and eat food and stare at the sky. That's pretty good. That's pretty good, that's pretty That's.
Speaker 3: Really important because for the most part, music is subjective. It's going to be someone that thinks it sucks, it's going to be someone that love it, regardless of what you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like, man, I used to.
Speaker 3: Just put myself through a whirlwind of trouble and then getting sucked up trying to escape, and I think about it, and that just caused more problems.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're when you're on your like deathbed, what are you going to be thinking about?
Speaker 2: Why do you want to think about my death?
Speaker 3: No, for the most part, I just hope that I've I've accomplished what I had to accomplish on Earth. That's really what I think. You know, I want to be able to whatever I was put here for to do. I just hope I accomplished a mission.
Speaker 1: If you if you died tomorrow, hopefully like would you be like we did it?
Speaker 2: Obviously I did. If I died, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, all right, So then you can spend so then you know everything and everything else just the bonus, you know, you can suck for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, you know, I obviously didn't do what I came here to do yet, So you know, but I ain't trying to think about that no time. So I spend too much time thinking about immortality, you know. So now I'm just, you know, instead of thinking about fucking dying all the time, thinking about living.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I saw, I saw, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was doing some research on you before this, and I saw someone that road a headline about you that said, like, Danny Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah tears.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is no longer afraid to die?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: Like, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: That's a that's a that's a dangerous invitation to the universe.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess now, man, Twitter paying people for tweets, man, so they do anything for engagements at this point.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey you want to take a phone call, sure, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was pissed off about that. I'm like, what the fuck out of all that long ass article? That's what y'all took from that. Now he has a new album coming soon, nothing else. He's not scared to die, And that really just was me talking about a mushroom trip I had where I saw my grave and I was like, oh, it's not that bad, So what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello, this is Sam, twenty seven from California.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 1: How's life?
Speaker 10: I'm doing all right. I'm doing all right.
Speaker 1: Sam. What does it you wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 10: I wanted to talk about growing up in the Mormon Church as a black man adopted into a white family in the California suburbs.
Speaker 1: Do you know anything about Mormonism?
Speaker 2: Fuck? No, what I do?
Speaker 10: Indeed?
Speaker 1: Well was I was asking? I used you, I assume know a lot about Mormonism, unless if you weren't paying attention while they were teaching you about it. How long were you and were you in the.
Speaker 10: Church for Yeah, I wasn't until I was fifteen. I got taken out of the home when I was around that age, and but yeah, I was in it for fifteen years. And my entire except for my mom, is out of the religion.
Speaker 2: Now did you Were you the first one to leave?
Speaker 10: No, my older brother was. So my parents pretty much gave him the ultimatum that when you turn eighteen, you can stay in the house, but there's no drinking, no smoking, no no no sex before marriage or anything like that, and you're guarantee the spot. But if not, then the a deletes. It's like final I'll join the military.
Speaker 1: So you left and joined the military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one is worse, between being in the Mormon Church or being in the military. They both sound like a similar level of strictness.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're both pretty bad. But one of them doesn't really care if you jerk off at night and the other one, I mean, you know, does different levels of rigidness.
Speaker 1: I assume, m do you uh where where are you jerking off at night in the Is it like in the bathroom or are you just like in the bunk beds, jerking off like while you're in the same room as all the other folks?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: Hell no, that's hell is shameful. Get it in wherever you can. Yeah, I ain't that ship, you know, wait for everyone to go home, you know, wait for one to leave whatever, it's crazy, Hell is shameful.
Speaker 2: Should suck Dan?
Speaker 1: Any questions so far?
Speaker 3: I'm at a loss for words. So you lef a religion just to jack off?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 10: Yeah, come on, now.
Speaker 2: This is what they have in our armed forces China gonna fuck us up?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Well I have have they?
Speaker 4: We?
Speaker 1: I think what we gotta do is you need to you need to somehow weaponize.
Speaker 2: Jerking off so.
Speaker 1: That you can use it as something accomplish some form of biochemical You can use your penis as like a biochemical weapon.
Speaker 2: You crazy join the military just to jack off?
Speaker 10: I mean you have to. I mean that's the only reason to join the military. You want to go kill kids in a different country and.
Speaker 4: Not be able to jack off?
Speaker 2: You got me there? What do you what do you do now?
Speaker 1: Are you still in the military?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, that was my brother. I was in the military. I just I just left.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, I'm terrified at this guy.
Speaker 10: I mean, see the upbringing man.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you're black?
Speaker 5: Weird?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: See that's the thing though, because even though I was born in the Bronx, when you're adopted by a bunch of like white people from the Midwest, you kind of sound white. You feel me?
Speaker 2: All right? I got you? Are you are?
Speaker 1: Are you happier now that you're out of the out of the church and out of the military, and now you you're jacking off? Is not under monitored? Is not being monitored by any organization of any kind?
Speaker 10: No, No, I get to jack off freely now. It's it's a good life. It's a good life.
Speaker 2: Are you with us right now? What was the question?
Speaker 10: No, that's that's for later. Yeah, a year, come on.
Speaker 4: Later.
Speaker 2: What do you want us to help you with?
Speaker 10: Do you like Lemons?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: If yes? If we like Lemons?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Lemons.
Speaker 1: I like lemonade.
Speaker 10: And should I make my friend lemon meringue pie this weekend?
Speaker 2: If you're not gonna jack off, isn't it? I think he just trove?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, just Lemons, just Lemons.
Speaker 1: Man, do you feel satisfied by this phone call? Sam?
Speaker 10: I'm quite satisfied.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 10: Don't jack off until lemon meringue pie and leave Mormonism if it's bad for.
Speaker 2: You, just noted. Thanks man, take care.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a psycho that I was definitely jacking off on the phone.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I feel like that's a villain arc.
Speaker 12: Start like, yeah, and he's got that is a that is quite a quite an interesting villain arc because he has the traumatic childhood of a villain and then he's.
Speaker 1: Got the weapons training of a villain as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's just want jack off everywhere. Yeah, he needs to find a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Do you jack off a lot?
Speaker 2: I used to? What changed.
Speaker 1: Not being hungover being being just being hungover and make you want to jernk off a lot?
Speaker 2: I think so it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh h huh. Would you like with all that adrenaline after the shows? Do you are you a nightly post show jack jack? Are offer?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say not not, No, I weren't really. I was kind of sleeping but the most But like I said, I work. I'd get some work in before I know what I pass out, but I was. I was taking Valerian root. What's Valerian root? It's just like some Valerian root capsules they say helped with anxiety. When they really worked, it really worked good. So I would get off stage, I take some Valerium route and I'd be calm, like it was. You know, I think jacking off its.
Speaker 1: More like a you know, stimulant, like.
Speaker 3: A just like I don't know, something you feel like cuters anxiety or like you just like nervousness or absolutely I don't know. Yeah, so it was one of those kind of things, or like you just can't sleep, yeah, you know, But for the most problem is getting good sleep.
Speaker 1: On the road. You know, what's this thing called again?
Speaker 2: Valerian root?
Speaker 1: Valerium root is that? Can you buy it at like a place or you have to.
Speaker 2: Order it just like you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah it was It works because I've had a lot of nights where like, uh, I'm just like jacking off like a like four times in a row or something. They just to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been there and it's hard.
Speaker 1: In the suit. Because I have gloves on.
Speaker 2: It probably feels better.
Speaker 1: It does. Jayden from Wisconsin just had just had a baby. It wasn't intentional, but he wants to know what our advice would be to young.
Speaker 2: Parents your parent, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Wanna talk to you want to talk to Jaden?
Speaker 2: Men? You got to be a father to your child. It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Simple, Jayden, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm here with mister Danny Brown. We're talking to people on the phone. How's life pretty good?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 6: How about I mean, I guess how about you guys. It seems like you guys are having a pretty good time on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're great with chilling.
Speaker 1: I'm having fun too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's up?
Speaker 4: Well? I called in about the baby. But then I thought, do you guys know what the cowboy kisses?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, So.
Speaker 2: I had this boss.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you'd call him a cowboy.
Speaker 1: But you know how we were talking before, we were talking before going live, and I had asked Dan had asked you if you had never taken phone calls before on your shows. You said you like used to, but there was too much weird shit. Yeah, and then the weird shit this was some of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's the cowboy kiss?
Speaker 6: So it's a grown man.
Speaker 4: I guess this grown man was about seventy years old.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: He thinks you're either doing a pretty bad job or a pretty good job, and he surprises you with a slap first.
Speaker 10: And then he proceeds to lean in and.
Speaker 6: Kissy when you don't when you don't expect it, man, don't expect it.
Speaker 4: At all baffles you.
Speaker 2: So you got the cowboy kiss.
Speaker 6: I got the cowboy kiss man. And you know, honestly, yeah, dude, he slapped, he slapped me.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: And you didn't hit him back?
Speaker 6: Oh I did?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: I gave him a cowboy kiss back.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, this sounds like some form of BDSM.
Speaker 6: I mean kinda.
Speaker 10: I mean I didn't.
Speaker 6: I don't know though, because I didn't like it at first, but.
Speaker 2: You like it now?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I ended up quitting that job, not because of the cowboy kids, but he was he was a crazy.
Speaker 10: Redneck on PCP.
Speaker 11: That doesn't never really makes.
Speaker 2: Yeh, seventy years old, dude, No in.
Speaker 6: The fucking trees, big ass bucket truck cutting down them trees. Oh wow, okay, cowboy hat on bowl of PCP. I'm not even like fucking with you guys or nothing like.
Speaker 13: I'm so dead ass right now. Job, I was a lumberjack.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that's some that's some hard work right there.
Speaker 1: How are things going with Your Child's doing great?
Speaker 6: Right, She's pretty cool. She just likes to look around and sleep and poop and yell at me.
Speaker 13: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: You called and you said you wanted some advice to a young parents.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The how old were you when you had your kid? Twenty? Okay? Was that was that difficult for you or was there any things that you remember kind of being stressed out about or struggling with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, financially, worrying about how it's gonna take care of for real.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was the biggest deal.
Speaker 3: But I think when you have a kid that that young, you just got to realize.
Speaker 2: Your life is over. It's over. Brother, party had none of that. The party is over, no more, none of that. Everything is for a kid now. You know, more cowboy kissing, No more cowboy kisses. So it's all about the baby now.
Speaker 3: So your whole life is dedicated to taking care of this beautiful life that you brought into the world.
Speaker 6: Man, I got my whole I got my whole own crib. Now I'm remodeling a house cause I ended up getting into this farm, which I'm gonna be buying and it'll be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But because it's like I'm buying it on payments from this old lady.
Speaker 2: And you got a lot going on. But someone just eighteen, Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Man, you're like, you're buying a farm, you're a lumberjack, you're having a kid. Do you have any advice for me?
Speaker 6: Keep doing you're man.
Speaker 4: I love watching you.
Speaker 6: Oh, thanks, Man, got my earbuds in cutting down some.
Speaker 2: Trees you're doing.
Speaker 1: I love milk.
Speaker 6: Oh And actually I called you a while back as rob about my cat, and you told me to put him into the jail for a thousand years. And I think that was pretty good advice.
Speaker 1: I told you to put your cat in jail for.
Speaker 4: A thousand years.
Speaker 1: And look at you now, you're buying a farm.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the cat to come with me though, I can't lie.
Speaker 1: What's the what's how's everything going with the mom? Are you still with her? What's going on with her?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're doing pretty good. She's at one of her friend's house. My first night alone with the baby.
Speaker 1: M hm, this is your first night alone with the baby and you're supposed to be taking care of the baby.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm holder right now.
Speaker 6: Okay an I gave her a bottle action right before you guys answered.
Speaker 4: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Good job man, good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you're gonna be fine. Yeah, you sound like a great you sound I wish you were my dad.
Speaker 4: I will be.
Speaker 6: Let me the adoption paper.
Speaker 1: That's cool, all right, I'm moving. I i'd love to, hey, man, if you prepare a nice bale of hay for me, I'll live in your farm, be your son.
Speaker 6: I don't mind. I'll give you two bails a hey, how about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Jayden, damn, you actually really do sound like you have you are you? I I I genuinely you sound like you're gonna be okay. I'm not worried about you at all.
Speaker 6: Fuck yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I'm any other final words for Jaden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, just like I told him, Man, everything is about the baby, not man. Your life is over.
Speaker 4: Man, you sound like Drewski.
Speaker 1: All right, take care of jidd.
Speaker 4: You too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 11: It's awesome talking to you.
Speaker 1: Talking to man. Well, it's it's funny. I believe the same thing, right, Like, when you have a kid, your life is pretty much over. But that doesn't seem like it was the case for you. You've seen You've lived a full life up until this point.
Speaker 3: Mean, I wasn't a lumberjack at eighteen. I was selling cracks, but I have I had young parents, you know. My mom was eighteen when she had me. My dad was sixteen, and look how it turned out. So yeah, fucked up. But no, Man, and my parents they partied every weekend type shit. Yeah, So that's what I'm saying. Like that was where a lot of my fucking you know, a lot of I got into a lot of trouble because of that.
Speaker 1: You know, are you still are your your parents still around?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely? Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you still cool with them?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh good? Good?
Speaker 1: Have you and liked? Were you cool with them in your whole life?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 3: You know, I guess it's just like everything else it's been. When I was fucking up, you know, you know, it was always button heads with my mom or well me and my dad.
Speaker 2: We got really close. So this is good. It's good.
Speaker 1: How things going with your daughter?
Speaker 2: Now? She's great.
Speaker 3: She just was out here not too long ago, hanging out. You know, she's twenty two now.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, So she's grown.
Speaker 1: What's her like? What she do? What's her what's her deal.
Speaker 2: With she's into like photography and shit?
Speaker 1: Oh cool?
Speaker 2: You know she come out here, she go thrifting and shiit, same shit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now when you said you were twenty and you had her and you were like and then the main issue was just like financial stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then me and her mom wasn't together, so just that whole hard part of just being able to see her and being around her and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But then you know, we eventually worked it out.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I like, I had a lot of crazy shit, Like I had my first well, I was having my first child at sixteen, and the mom was she went nine months and didn't had a miscarriage and the baby died. And I struggled with that for a long time. Didn't really realize how much it affected me because I was like running around in the streets at the time. But once I really got older, I was like, man, I was I went through a real something that really shaped my life for the rest you know what I'm saying, for the rest of my life, and it really Yeah, just dealing with that in high school, you were supposed to be thinking about fucking homework and graduating and shit like that, and I'm running around selling drugs having babies, you know, So that was really hard.
Speaker 1: Was there was there like a point in your life where even even now, where like you were thinking a lot about things from high school in your early life and being like having that realization that they still affected you to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I always think about how shit would have turned out if I just would have did the right thing. I mean, maybe I wouldn't be here right now, maybe I wouldn't be making music or anything, you know. Like I think about that all the time, Like, you know, there's a gift and a curse in some sense. You know, if I would have had a baby at sixteen, I probably would have been working some bullshit job right now. You know, I wouldn't have been able to fucking follow my dreams of making music, you know. So it was almost like that's my angel in the sky, like you know, getting me through life kind of.
Speaker 2: Shit, you know.
Speaker 1: And that at twenty was it like was it was it an intentional decision to have a.
Speaker 3: Care Definitely, but I think yeah, we was going through the trauma of losing that one, so yeah, it was. I mean, I wouldn't say it was intentional, but you know, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: H So the it was the same girl at sixteen, Yeah, okay do you And and was it like right sort of after you had the kid that things started going to arrive with her?
Speaker 3: No, we was already it was like before there even any of that happened. It was like we were already kind of like you know, you know, you is when you're young. I was running around, she was doing every thing too, and it was just you know, we were still fooling around and just ended up happening. But then we ended up. We was together, we got back together for some years. We was together for a long time, and then I just was a piece of shit, you know, I was. I wasn't really ready for that kind of thing, Like I wasn't ready for like a I just didn't understand. I'm like I said, I came from young parents, so I didn't even understand what it takes to have a family, you know, so I just think, you know, like a lot of fucked up part on me. You know, still I was still trying.
Speaker 2: To be young too. You know.
Speaker 1: It's a wild thing because I I feel like if you, if you like have a kid, your life it is hard. It's like it's about the kid.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm now I'm thinking about Jaden, and you know, he really did seem like, yeah, he had it together like me.
Speaker 3: I was running around so like even you know, having a kid and trying to sell drugs, like any day the ship could have been overwhere and I could have been in jail, which happened. I went to jail for a year, and that's pretty much how we split up. She met somebody else and moved on, you know, type shit, and then you know, I got out. It's hard to see my daughter and this and that, and just hard to keep that relationship going. And but it did give me a drive to make it in music though, like you know, it was almost like just like I got it, I had nothing else going for me. You know, I dropped out of school, didn't have any education really, and all I knew how to do was fucking sell drugs at that point.
Speaker 2: To get money.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get like normal jobs and shit, and just working like normal jobs up fuck and just couldn't. I'm not like built the labor, but you.
Speaker 1: There's but there's there's something of like you were built to be an entrepreneur. You know, you were a built to like make it for yourself, but not like you know, working But.
Speaker 3: It did get me that drive, though, I would say, because I was like I would take twelve hour greyhound trips to New York with the bag of CDs and just trying to network this days before like cell phones and shit, I'm going out there without a phone.
Speaker 1: Were you like doing the thing like I went to Square, like handing out CDs and stuff.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, Yeah, but then I had met an A and R that worked at Death Jam. So then I had that connection with him, and then I would talk to him and I'll come out sometimes I'll just pop up on him, but I come out here and then he'll let me like crash at his crib and we'd like take me around the studios and shit. And that's really how it all started for me. And then I just was making music, you know, and you know, people getting up on my ship and shit, like just making connections kind of, you know. And then I actually just saw him not too long ago. We were in New York and then ended up going to jail.
Speaker 2: I lost that ship. Then I came when I got back out, it.
Speaker 1: Was this was this you had like a kind of like a recording.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, just networking and building with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once I but this was like way before like internet shit kind of, you know. So the main deal would be like you know, I would go out to New York and then people are like hit back, like seeing you know, hit up, like people in Detroit and like you heard it as kid and this and that, and then nobody knew who I was. So it was almost like when I got a jug, like I got to make my name known in my city before I can take it anywhere else. So that's what I did once I got out of jail. I would like go to open my aches and you know, just make music and put it out. And then the internet things start taking off, you know, getting my music on blogs and stuff like that, and then everything just kind of came together because I already had like the connections in New York, and then once I got my name up in my city, then everything just like opened up for me.
Speaker 1: Do you do you ever think about, you know, what you would be doing if if it wasn't for music, or even if even like any other like positive thing you would have, you would have sunk your your your work ethic into.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't. I can't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because like most of my friends from like back then, they are pretty much dead or in jail, as cliche as that sounds. And if not, then it's just like you know, working dead in jobs or you know. So I don't know, man, it's almost like music was that's like my last That's like my last thing that I had.
Speaker 1: Man, are you still friends with anyone from Yeah?
Speaker 3: Definitely time, Yeah, definitely a lot of my friends, you know, But I feel like I met a lot of my you know, newer friends through music. Like we like I said, you know, doing the same ship. So like a lot of my friends that I have now is like for my music time and not for my street days.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you like so your your kind of social life nowadays? Do you do you find yourself mainly like trying to hang around other people who are who are sober?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say that, because one thing they teach you kind of rehabits that you can't. The worst thing you can do is try to run from it. You know, you have to be able to like so like when people around, I want them to be able to be comfortable and do whatever they want to do. It's not going to trigger me. I already got it in my head that, you know, that's not what I'm trying to do. That's not where I'm living. So the last thing you can do is try to run from it. And that's just that's just causing more problems for yourself. Like if you're not around it for years and then all of a sudden you around it might be subject to relapse.
Speaker 1: There's a weird thing of like, if you're engaging both engaging in an activity constantly and engaging in the avoidance of an activity constantly, are still both forms of that activity having some fucking roll over you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's why when I'm around people, I want them to do what they want to do, to feel comfortable and be able to be in a element and not be worried about me. You know, that was solely the reason why I didn't ride on a tour bus, because I didn't want anybody to feel like they couldn't get fucked up around me and be like that. I was like, you know, it's all good. I just take a band and just ride behind the bus.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, Who who do you when you go on tour with like your girlfriend and like you have.
Speaker 2: I've got my tour manager and my DJ.
Speaker 1: Cool cool cool cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, my girl came up to a few shows. You know, we kicked it.
Speaker 3: But for the most part, it's like, when I'm locked into like music mode, I can't have any outside distractions.
Speaker 1: You know, are you when you're do you ever make any like adaptations to to your songs while you're performing? You're like, oh, that might sound better doing that all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it's just you know, like you know, you're performing songs that are so old or like, you know, these songs I wrote ten years ago some shit like that, and it almost just happened like a freestyle type of type of thing where I'm singing the songs because I'm not like listening to them all the time, right type of thing. So sometime I get up there and I'd be rapping and I would change a line. It just happens on its own, and before I know it, that becomes the line when if.
Speaker 1: It what's your what's your fan base? Like, like what kind of what demographics you're seeing out there?
Speaker 3: Well, this last tour was it was crazy because it was a lot of younger kids, and it's you know that I wasn't really used to that, Like I didn't really see too many kids at my shows. But you know, I guess Peggy he has a younger fan based than me. So it was cool to see some kids out there, you know, enjoying the music and shit. But for the most part, I think of I don't know, I think I gotta I couldn't. I couldn't really say, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How does it. How does it make you feel when people tell you that, like, you know, you you inspire them, or that they look up to you and whatnot. What's your kind of like relationship to other people's perspective on you.
Speaker 3: It's it inspired me to be honest, you know, before I probably wouldn't even give a shit, you know, but now I just realize how much it is a blessing to been doing this for over ten years now. So now it's almost like I'm just grateful man, to be even and still in the same position, to still have to drive to make music, to steal for newer fans to come and hear my shit every day is almost just like a blessing, man, because I've seen so many people that started when I started and they not here no more. Yeah, you know, And like I say, man, music is subjective.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You never know, man, when it's your last song or you know, like it's been so many artists that I'm huge fans of and they can't you know, people are not checking for the shit and this and that.
Speaker 2: So it's a scary, man. It's a slippery slope.
Speaker 1: Man. It's yeah, that's kind of back to what you were talking about with like the when things are going good, it's like there's a weird fucking anxiety, like everything's gonna tumble. I feel that way too, Like I'm you know, I'm lucky enough to get to do a podcast where people can, you know, talk to me about jerking off into pond.
Speaker 3: Now I've gotten better with it though, Like, I just think it's for the most part, man, just you gotta.
Speaker 2: Have faith, as you know, Yeah, as weird does that sound? And I hate it, but you gotta have faith.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean. You gotta stop being such a such a baby and be like, no, I got this.
Speaker 3: I just feel like when you know you're doing the right shit in life, the right shit is gonna happen for you. If you're out there fucking up and you've been a piece of shit, then of course you got a lot of shit to worry about it. Like Karena's real, man, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Want to talk to another caller? Sure, Shane. His boss has a drinking problem and is constantly over sharing about it and it makes him uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I definitely have a lot a lot of experience with that.
Speaker 2: Yo. Hello, what's up?
Speaker 1: Shane? Twenty five from ohio his life.
Speaker 8: Oh it's not too bad.
Speaker 4: How's he going for.
Speaker 1: You, Danny? How you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm great? How you doing? Brother?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Well? Shane? You you you messaged in saying that you're you're you're dealing with an oversharing boss. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us, tell us, tell us more, or tell us whatever you desire to tell us.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I work at this catering company. It's actually based out of like an old slaughterhouse. It's it's a really creepy building, but it's currently being bought out by somebody else who's he's like, he's he's cool enough. I guess I'm having against him. But he likes to overshare a lot about his personal stuff, like very personal stuff. And he he told me a while back that he's got a drinking problem and he's going to like meetings about it every day, which is cool, good for him. He's currently also drinking on the job as well.
Speaker 4: I've I've.
Speaker 8: He he takes a little by a coax and mixes it with whiskey.
Speaker 4: I've found.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing in terms of the jobs, that he could be getting drunk at catering company. Not that bad.
Speaker 8: That's fair. It's and it's it's not like there's a bunch of people that work there. It's kind of just myself.
Speaker 1: Basically, are you are you like debating about like what I guess what what anguish, if any is is this presenting to you?
Speaker 8: It's really awkward. I don't do good with people who overshare, especially people they don't know super well.
Speaker 1: And yet you're a fan of this podcast.
Speaker 8: I know that's weird in that.
Speaker 1: Hmm, Danny, You ever have somebody in your life over share in a way that makes you feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was probably me. You know.
Speaker 3: They say a drunk person speaks a sober mind, you know, and the only people that tell the truth is people. It's people that are mad kids and drunk motherfucker. So sounds like to me, man, it seems like he's going to meet and so he know he has a problem, which is the first step to get help and to being on a road to sobriety. I think for the most part, you gotta do it. Just tell him he's making you uncomfortable. That's just the easiest thing to do, especially when he's drunk, you know, like, dog, shut the fuck up. You know, it's drunk. You're not gonna take it any baby.
Speaker 2: You know. Do you drink?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's fair, not really. No, I smoke more than I drink for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I have a question, why does it make you uncomfortable when when this guy shares with you.
Speaker 8: I don't really know him super well. You know, he's he just started kind of working there a few months ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I guess I can't really explain why it makes me super uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know if this is just like a weird thing with me, and I guess it is like what I do on this podcast. But I don't mind unless if it's like incessant. I don't mind hearing about people's personal lives. I usually find that interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I find humor in it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: But all you got to do, like you say, if he's going to meetings and he realized he got a problem, if you just set him down and talk to him like, man, I think you really got a problem. You need to get some help. I bet you wouldn't talk to you as no more because he just don't want to drink, so he's gonna leave you out this shit Like fuck, that I'm getting drunk. I don't want to talk to him. He's gonna talk about need help and this and that. So yeah, but if he's still drinking and going to meetings, then.
Speaker 2: He's fucked up. He's just he's all over the place.
Speaker 1: H Are you trying? Are you trying to help him?
Speaker 3: Or just you are to lead alone he stopped drinking or not. Yeah, but yeah, that's all you gotta do is that I talk about him like, man, I think you really need some help. I'm worried about you. Should get on the road to sobriety, bitch. You gonna leo as alone in.
Speaker 8: And if he if he drinks, I don't give a ship whatever.
Speaker 1: Does his person act like you care like you think you think him acting like he cares? I don't want to talk to this guy because you don't want to drink. Yeah, that's that's that's that's smart, that's smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just pretend like you really you really want him to stop worried about you?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Should I sit in the meetings with him? You think?
Speaker 1: Fuck no, but then he'll definitely never talk to you again. Yeah, maybe you should do. Do you get like at the catering job. Do you get like free Montrell sticks afterwards when they're done?
Speaker 8: I mean, I get free whatever whatever we have there?
Speaker 1: Shit, man, getting drunk on the job and then having a bunch of like chicken sliders and shit afterwards, that sounds pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lee, that's all you gotta do. Just talk to him about getting clean. He ain't gonna talk to you no more. Heal y alone.
Speaker 4: Hey, maybe I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Shane, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. Thak, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Have a rest of the night, Shane, Thank you all, Thank you, Danny, thank you brother. Hey guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads, but if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads. Let's talk to Elizabeth. Hello, Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yes, hi Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: How are you doing.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm good.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling, man.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. I'm excited just to get on the line.
Speaker 1: No, don't be sorry, don't be sorry at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, go ahead, No, Yeah, I just want to say I'm a really big fan of you and as well as Danny. I went on the Scaring the Host War and I saw you guy, or I saw Yeah. I saw Danny on in Baltimore and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you play in Baltimore. I remember my friends went to that show. Yeah awesome.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm like having a little moment because I've been a fan of Danny's been triple X, so this is like really big for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so sorry, I called him just because obviously being a fan of Danny, but also I'm a two artist, and as an artist, I think like all artists kind of struggle with the same thing. But just like imposter syndrome and kind of like comparing yourself to other artists, and I was wondering how he kind of feels about that and like how he goes about that and just dealing with like not feeling like you're adequate even when like everyone's telling you you're like artists.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the biggest deal with that is fucking social media. I swear, like when you get caught up and see what everyone else is doing, it always makes you feel like that. And I think for the most part, when you just gotta take you gotta take those social media breaks and stop worrying about you know, like sometimes with me just basically because I fucking do rap music, so I just wouldn't listen to rap music and every way I can't even I don't know what's going on, I don't.
Speaker 2: I just get myself out of that world.
Speaker 3: So I'm pretty sure you probably follow a lot of tattoo shit, So every time you go on fucking go online, you're just seeing tattoo shit everywhere and this and that. So just you got to take yourself out of that world and then just work on your own shit. I think that's the best thing to do, as fucking simple as it sounds, but yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 14: Wow, Yeah, No, I really appreciate that. No, I appreciate you saying that, and I have heard that advice before. But I guess like it's like really hard when like a lot of your career is based around social media, like getting clients and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I can see that. But yeah, that's what I'm saying. You just can't be paying attention to what everybody else is doing. Just worry about your own shit. That's really all it is. Because I know sometimes like us where artists struggle with that too as well. You know, you might see somebody you think you better than and be like, oh.
Speaker 2: Fuck, this motherfucker's doing good. Why fuck I'm not here. I'm out here.
Speaker 3: You can't even worry about that. I think everybody, everybody are where they want to be in life in some sense. So I think, just stop worrying about other motherfuckers and just put the grind on yourself, you know, and just start just figuring out what you can do to make your shit better instead of looking at other motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: That's really the main thing.
Speaker 1: What's do you have like a specialty kind of thing that you like to tattoo flowers or yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Like anime tattoos. Actually, yeah, I'm mostly doing anime, which in like the general DMV area, there's not that many animes have two artists. But I do compare myself to like the ones in La, the ones in New York, you know, like all the really great artists out there. So it is like probably really good to just kind of stop focusing on that and just focus on my own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, struggle. I struggle with that too, of like comparing myself to to other people. And I always just noticed it's such a time suck distraction from like, you know, the most the most important fucking thing is like making stuff, you know, and so anything that's not making stuff is just is just gonna fuck you. And then and then it's weird, right because you you're like, oh, I wish I could be where this person is, but it's like in order to get where that person is, you just got to shut out all the distractions and be making stuff. So it's it's like a weird, counterproductive thing to do, and I get sucked in on it. And it's true that, like, you know, social media just yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: The numbers game now, you see, and you know, everybody's just it's a rat race really, you know, but really that's all it is, man, Yeah, just just focus on your creativity and stop worrying about what everybody else is doing.
Speaker 2: I think social media has fucked us all with that, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, what's thank you so much?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 7: What's my favorite anime?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, you don't want.
Speaker 7: To get me started. I would say right now, it's between Fruits Basket has always been one of my favorites. It's like a romance drama type thing. And then I really am loving Jujitsu Kaisan season two right now. It's like, really amazing.
Speaker 1: You're an anime guy. I know you said you're into j RPG's.
Speaker 3: Not really I can't say I'm an anime guy at I'm more of a hint tay guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah me too.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know there's some good Hends Eyes out there.
Speaker 1: There is. I've talked about this on this podcast before that. My actually the first porn I was watching was Hentai. So you replay Smash Bros.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I would on my Wii channel. I would go to the Internet channel and I would search up zero Suit Samus Naked and that was that was some of the first stuff.
Speaker 2: That I.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for calling Elizabeth. You want to plug, you go, let's do a plug. You want to plug your tattoo Instagram? Yeah, do a plug? What's what's your instagram?
Speaker 14: Tattoo?
Speaker 7: Instagram? Is nessa tattoo? That Enna's Nancy e c as in cat I a tattoo? All one word, Danny or Lyle. Honestly, if you ever want a tattoo, just put me up. I got you, guys, We'll take care of m. Thank you, goodbye. We love you, Danny.
Speaker 2: I love you too.
Speaker 7: Good Bye.
Speaker 1: Do you have any tattoos?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Whye funk Now?
Speaker 2: I mean no, I just say that a lot.
Speaker 1: But no, I've just you said you looked at Joey. He has a bunch of tes.
Speaker 2: But no, I.
Speaker 3: Just just been scared and I think I've I've aaged out of it. I was probably gonna get my first tattoo at eighteen, and then I was skepted the appointment. Everything I was supposed to show up, and then I just ended up getting high. And that's what made myself paranoid. Like fun that, but then it's also like another thing too. I have a lot of family members that you know, fucked around with needles and ship like this. Yeah, sure, that's just like weirded me out too.
Speaker 2: But I love I love tattoos.
Speaker 1: I there's nothing that I'm into that I'm confident that I would be into forever, like that that would still be like prominent in my life when I get older. You know, like if I got a tattoo of something right now and then years later, I don't think I'm gonna identify with it anymore. Like if I got like master shake from aquatine hunger for some of my ankle, Like, am I still going to be into that when I'm seventy?
Speaker 3: But it's almost like a memory thing, ain't it, Like you know you just got you know?
Speaker 2: But no, I don't know. I just don't want to put myself through any pain.
Speaker 1: Joey said, can we get matching tattoos if I pay? I still I still well at tatchoes are expensive, aren't they They're like they're like what like two hundred bucks or something like that.
Speaker 2: But even like I say, I I feel like I ate myself out of that. I have to stop.
Speaker 1: Thinking like that, you know, like thinking that you're aged out of things. Yeah, you know, some things are good to think, to feel like you're aged out of.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's just like I'm always using this as an excuse of some type of sense, and I just felt like if you look at ship like that, then it's like what's next dying? Like you gotta live, you know, so just like fuck, get a tattoo, get that fucking nipple piercing.
Speaker 1: You know what? What other things do you feel like you're aged out of?
Speaker 3: I mean when it comes to like fashion, I don't think so. I mean I wouldn't want to be walking around wearing like a fucking Spider Man shirt or some shit.
Speaker 2: You know I was, or like wearing like marble clothes and shit, or.
Speaker 1: Like are you are you into Spider Man?
Speaker 3: No, I can't say this. I can't say I am, But I don't know. Something about that is weird to me, Like when you're wearing a motherfucker's be.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's what it's like. Uh. When I was in middle school and high school, my wardrobe was all like Marvel, yeah, Spider Man because Target, because Target would sell that ship.
Speaker 3: But if you like, I mean, I guess man, you know it's old nerds and ship. But I don't know for me, I just couldn't fucking wear like fucking marble clothes or ship like that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel too old to collect funk pops? No?
Speaker 2: I don't think you're too old to collect anything.
Speaker 1: What about Spider Man T shirts?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're just gonna collect them and not wear them in public, I mean that's pajamas, that's probably cool.
Speaker 2: Just wear them at the krea to yourself.
Speaker 3: But you're going out wearing pajama clothes at a certain age, you're gonna I'm gonna think you on roadblocks looking.
Speaker 2: For younger.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're big into fashion, right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you uh?
Speaker 1: Do you ever like you design ship?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But that's I will say I have been more into independent designers than I have been, Like buying ship from like fashion houses and ship that has been like my thing for like the past few years, just like finding people on Instagram that.
Speaker 2: Make dope shit.
Speaker 1: Who Now, let's say there was who's like, who's the most famous fashion I don't know anything about fashions the most famous fashion designer?
Speaker 2: I mean it's so many.
Speaker 1: I mean what if, okay, if a fashion designer that you highly respected came out with like a really dope spider Man T shirt.
Speaker 3: Na, I'm not fucking with it, but I will say one of my favorite it was like back in the day, Brands was like Iceberg History and they whole ship was about fucking cartoons and ship. Like they had a whole Simpsons collection and they had my favorite was they did a Milian. They did a Milian collection. But these were like thousand dollars T shirts.
Speaker 1: You know, so thousand dollars T shirts?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: What's what's the most amount of money you've spent on a piece of clothing.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I don't know. I mean probably about oh twelve thousand.
Speaker 1: It's not terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was just a cop.
Speaker 1: Okay do they do they hold their value?
Speaker 2: Or I gave it away? Actually?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? Would you give it to one? Are my homies?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? You know I want to you know, those like heart I want you know, those fucking airbrush shirts of SpongeBob and he's got like a grill. Yeah, I want like a designer version of that.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: If you know, guy, I mean they used to make those like liquor stores and ship Yeah, you know, and you have like bugs Bunny with fucking baggy jeans on ship. Those shirts are cool, though, I'm not gonna lie that's drip. If you can actually find one from like the early nineties, like thri you can probably find for come of that ship thrifting though?
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: Every day? Are you? Are you very intentional with what you wear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really that sounds that sounds exhausting.
Speaker 2: I think about it the first day of the morning type ship.
Speaker 1: That sounds that. You know, you know the Mark Zuckerberg thing right where he like has is what like a closet of like one hundred black tear Yeah, yeah, anywhere's the same thing every day, just to eliminate that choice.
Speaker 3: But the thing is I think about it is even though I do do that, it's a conscious choice to make it look like I'm not doing it can make you.
Speaker 1: You intentionally make your words look like unintentionally. Yeah, that sounds exhausting.
Speaker 2: It can be, It can't be.
Speaker 1: But I would.
Speaker 3: I did have a great time during his tour. I did a lot of truth then, so I got a lot of dope ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you do you wear a different Actually? Shit, what I was, uh, do you said something on one of your podcasts that I was listening to recently about how you you haven't worn the same thing, the same shirt, the same shirt. Yeah, that's true. Are you ever gonna I think I did.
Speaker 3: I think I'd wore one shirt twice and that was just Does that feel like a bad laundry day?
Speaker 1: No regret that does that feel like a failure deal?
Speaker 3: No, it's just I mean, it just becomes one of those hard things like, fuck, I gotta buy some new shirts now. So I'm always shopping kind of, but that's the one thing that I really wish I can just you know, I don't know. I mean, I've been like that ever since a kid, you know, I just I don't know. I just it's hard for me not to buy it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes. I like looking shitty, like because there's a cool challenge to it, of like can I walk into this place and be socially confident and feeling myself in cargo shorts and a fucking Zelda T shirt?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And this is because it's a challenge to that, it's enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Like my thing is, you gotta kind of dress for that situation.
Speaker 3: Like if I'm just going around, I'm not going to fucking you like, you know, put on ship that's gonna draw a whole much attention to me, even though I used to but now at this point in my life, I just don't. But it's still gonna be some dope shit, you know, like motherfucker probably you why you wouldn't know what it is or like you know, motherfucker wouldn't just look at me, and I realized, But it's like, no, I'm everything I own is some dope shit.
Speaker 2: Like I don't have nothing that's just fucked up, you know, but the people who know, no, Yeah, it's almost like if you know, no kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Is there any like I guess aside from fashion, is there anything hobby wise where you're like, I'm willing to like put down some good money on this because it's like because I want the quality version of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it counts, but like because it's part of my job.
Speaker 1: But like music, music, music, I would say that doesn't count anything that you couldn't theoretically write off on your taxi.
Speaker 3: Like I find myself fucking just spending thousands of dollars on plug ins and it's like what the fuck? I don't even use half of them now, you know, But just you see a new plug in come out, You're like, oh shit, that's just dope.
Speaker 2: I gotta get that shit. You get it.
Speaker 1: What was the first ever software you were fucking around on music?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I started off with hardware. Like my first drum machine was SP three h three. I just now got into like maybe a few years ago, was using use in the software. I never really fucked with that ship. But my first drum machine was an SP three or three. And then eventually I saved up some money and then that's when the MPC one thousand came out. I got that, and then I've been Yeah, so I've been making beats for a long time. I just haven't even I just never wrap over my beats.
Speaker 1: You ever use AI to make me?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's dope as fuck.
Speaker 3: When it first was coming around, and shit, I was hating on it, But what I realized is that if it does cut Like I love all the AI mixing software, yeah, because you know, you want to hate on it and ship like that, but it saves you so much fucking time, right, and you know, and could I mean, I'm not saying that it's not the end all, it's just getting you halfway. So if you know your ship. It's able to save you a lot of time where you can be creative and I have to worry about the actual fucking sound of the ship. So I definitely fuck with the the mixing software and.
Speaker 2: Ship like that. So I use that ship a lot.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good that you're an optimist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what it is.
Speaker 3: I think the people that hating on the AI ship is that motherfuckers that ain't that dope anyway.
Speaker 2: Not everybody gonna be able to make a trap beat through AI, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But if if you really got some style and some some real talent with this shit, and you ain't worried about it, it is making your shit.
Speaker 1: Doper, right. That's the thing is like if if you're if you're really that worried that AI is going to take away away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody be able to make a trap beat in the minute.
Speaker 1: So even with like trying to come up with ideas and stuff and write things, like you can just type a prompt and to chat GPT and it'll generate like vague ideas and then you can be creative and like go off of like vague ideas that.
Speaker 3: Are now that's the one thing I did hear about that. I'm not fucking with that. I heard motherfuckers is using a OU to write raps, Like you can write a line and it'll write to your next line for you. Like, now that's getting Now that's getting fucked up.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what, do you think one day somebody will just pop off really hard in the rap scene and then get exposed that they've been using a.
Speaker 3: I think it's already been happening on the low, like some of ty rappers is probably using AI already.
Speaker 2: I bet you could.
Speaker 1: That'd be sick of you. You could probably create a rapper out of AI. You could like fucking use AI to make a human face.
Speaker 2: He was trying, wasn't they? Then they shut that ship down?
Speaker 1: Who was trying?
Speaker 2: I think? I mean? Did it was one of the AI rapper that got a record deal?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it was the whole thing I talked about it. I was hating on it for sure.
Speaker 1: If I wish, I'm I'm I know that. Oh this guy what is this guy's name?
Speaker 2: Him?
Speaker 1: F and Mecca, I'm so i'm this, I'm I'm so bad at uh, you know, all these fucking guys on their podcasts. They know how to like pull stuff up. I'm a terrible pull stuff up guy.
Speaker 2: He got canceled.
Speaker 1: Well he didn't. He never even existed, so he's still be fine. That good. Someone said, Danny as ice Spice is hious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a AI thing that was funny.
Speaker 1: What was it was?
Speaker 2: Somebody made a.
Speaker 3: AI of me on I Spice body, my head on Ice Spicy body, and you know me, I took it. It was hilarious to me, so I shared it. But it's just showing Oh do you want to watch it?
Speaker 1: Brown? Let's see. I don't know if I can. Oh, is it a video or is it like a Okay, all right here, I'll watch it and maybe we can put it in later. Danny Brown shares, this is a fucking article. No, isn't that so stupid? Is it?
Speaker 2: Slow day? For a lot of media they use this.
Speaker 1: I looked it up and I saw the complex, tweeted Brown tweeted Ice Spice generated deep fake video.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fuck, okay, this is so annoying that I google it and instead of you, and instead of you at first, it's showing me that all right, I'm gonna go to videos. Puppy yeah, I just want to look.
Speaker 2: Look how many articles who wrote about that.
Speaker 3: Who they could be using their time to like put on new artists and ship like that.
Speaker 1: This is their post that actually sounds really good, Brandon, I'll send you this to put in later.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I feel like a lot of media they could be spending that time like putting on the next Danny Brown instead of fucking posting.
Speaker 1: Ship like right, you know, right right, there's a guy dead, boy, guys who died. Okay, you want you want to talk to the guy who died for two minutes on his own vomit?
Speaker 2: This sounds a little dark.
Speaker 1: Hello, sounds like he died again? All right, No fucking way, Marco, what's up, man.
Speaker 13: There's no fucking way.
Speaker 5: I'm on call.
Speaker 13: First of all, I've seen here in the stream for like so long. I'm actually hyped.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, What's what's going on?
Speaker 13: How's life for being super excited by the Way to Breakfast or being super hyped? I have recently b BPD and ADHD. So if anyone in the chat is like, get a badger me over my story, just no, you know, compulsivity. It's really hard for me. But it was recently my second time at the bar, and I fucking died and she was crazy. It took me. It sounds stupid, but like after the fact, it was unrelated. I had a doctor's appointment, but I'm getting too out of myself, so I went to a bar in near my downtown area with one of my coworkers, and I just like it was like a bunch of awful decisions. Mind you, zero nothing in my belly at two medications on me, zero sleep, So it was just like a combination of asking to fuck around and find out but what's the call my friends? He wanted to like just show me out because I told him that I've never been to like a b I have. Like he was like, this was like my second adventure going out with him, and he's kind of like a wild card, Like he's kind of like a I don't know, shouldn't be really hanging out with him. But he was loaded me with like all sorts of cocktails and shit. And the only thing I remembered from the fact was what's it called? What was he wanted to smoke outside? I went outside with him and what's it called? Uh, Yeah, that's all I remember. Just woke up at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Did your friend drug?
Speaker 13: No, that was the thing that was so fucking funny. He was like the funniest part. So when I woke up in the hospital, I didn't remember anything other than him wanting to smoke outside. And so when I woke up, I was just panicked. I was fucking naked, and I saw in the corner beside me that there was a pile of my clothes, but I thought it was all clothes, And ironically, from the fact, was exact morning that day, and I bought these cool ass nifty car heart pants for my job. So I was just worn that they cut out my pants and my shirt. But I saw that my clothes in the corner, but they only cut up my shirt. But what's it called? I panic because I was like, oh, like, I've never been to the hospital. I had like a bunch of IVS on my body, and I called my mom and my siblings. Took him a little while to get there, and I feel like the nurse tried to like make me look like a fucking attic because I was kind of scared too. She my mom was like sitting beside and h NR like the red sterted nurse was like, oh, so your son has like multiple drugs in his body. And she starts listening off like the medications. She's ah, fuck, I could remember it was METS, which I got scared when she said METS, because I'm like, what the fuck? But that was my medication for my ADHD. Then it was benzo diazepine, which I stupidly thought that that was for the VPD, but that wasn't the case. And this will like coincide with the like a prior thing, but it was smith Benjo had diazepine another medication, and alcohol and weeds, and I already knew that. And I told the doctor like that all those medications are for like you know, and they trace back my medical information and everything came conclusive. It was only completely unrelated a week later where I had to do a following Uh what do you call it? It was from something unrelated, but it was for like psychiatric stuff for my BPD, and it was something like no one wants to see. Like the doctor looked at me like in awe, Like she was like just like, I don't know. It was a look that like will forever stay with my young twenty two year old soul. But she just looked at me with like such a weird but like bewilderment, and she's like, you shouldn't be here, And she was like reading out the notes and saying like that like it was only told like the mouth, because the doc, I think then have the soul to tell me it was only when my doctors like you shouldn't be here, like you legally died on like her way like the bend of diazepines. She was grilling me about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what did you what was this shit that your friend did you smoked with your friends?
Speaker 13: No, well, here's the thing.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing.
Speaker 13: Here's the thing about like the funniest part. The doctor wasn't going to prescribe in my medication because she saw the bendo diazepine and I was like, oh, it wasn't that for my bipolar and she's like that's not for bipolar, Like that's for like and she was like listening off stuff like this is like usually what we get for people with like really bad anxiety. So she's like, you either were drugged, like your friend might have drugged you, or you were like date grape, or you're doing hardcore drugs like you're like abusing. And I was fucking scared. I was like, well, like there's two fears, like one that she thinks I'm like using drugs and like I'm a junkie, but there's nothing wrong, like you know. But another part was like obviously like I got big breaks, and I was like trying to think very hard. I'm like, did anyone spiked me? And she even said something even scarier. She's like, you can also be injected. But she's like, I highly doubt someone's not gonna go in a bar and like inject you with a s arrange fold with that shit. But it was only when she was doing like the research, the deeper research, and she's like, oh, they gave me the benzodiazepine while you're like intubated, like when you're like dying on like the ambulance. I was like, oh, that makes sense, so she passed that off. But yeah, it was just a mixture of me not sleeping, my medication and shit that caused me to happen. Had it not been for that, I would have been okay. But yeah, lessen to people don't mix and drink really stupid fucking shit. Yeah, like it only took to the doctor like that. She looked at me. She's like, you shouldn't be here, which is something like you don't want your fucking primary doctor to tell you it was a big fucking head trip. But yeah, that is my story of me fucking dying. It was kind of funny because I had like this, like I've always had this extensionism of like what's like the afterlife religion and all that jazz and having that happen, like it very much like I don't know any more grateful, like more PEPs in my step.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to ask you that because you seem a little too happy to be a mother that just died.
Speaker 1: I think you seem very like happy and excited to be telling this story.
Speaker 13: I both of y'all. And this is so funny too because I was watching to Kill Tony when you were on it. I love your music, Danny Brown, I love your everything, your streams and all that ship. I guess I was going, like, I guess Danny Brown's fucking crazy, because like I shouldn't have been drinking all that stupid ship like Eve when I tell people that, like I know, like I was an idiot, a fucking massive idiot regards if it was like my mental problems are just me being me, but like yeah, I could easily sucked around and found out that day it.
Speaker 3: Was you have a second chance at life now, like you know, everything almost just been opra with no that's what my that was.
Speaker 13: Like what was crazy? My document said that like you should very much like you know, be grateful that like you're here, like you really shouldn't like and that was like the scary part that like really made me, like it did dawn on me heavily, like this weird boloom of like depression afterwards because she's all like, I don't know. It really scared me that the doctor told me that that's when it fully realized. And like my mom even said like like don mask did it take you like a doctor like your second time around to tell you, because my mom was like when in it it happened. I just went about like still going with my friends, and my mom was like, you need a resp like it's serious. It was only until like my doctor sent me down, looked me dead in the eyes and was like, yeah, you shouldn't have been like here like file was in your stomach. It wasn't funny because I thought I didn't ate the whole day at work because I skipped the work. My friends like go on addition and go to the bar. I'm like, I'm fucking down.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so now that you have this like second chance of life and you're feeling like what do you what do you want to do? Man? What what do you what are you going to do with this new uhh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I've always had it, but now even more like get sat with me of like really that like I don't want to say that corny as like full sent but like you really in life have to have that like you know, bravado to do shit like if no one like that's like I guess a good quote I was here podcasters people motivational speakers say it's really true, like you can only do so much for yourself, like no one like your mom a is going to be their daddy ain't gonna be there, your friends are gonna be there, like you can only put your best so forward. I feel like it's taught me now more than ever to be grateful, not really do really impulsive stupid shit. But yeah, more and more I guess grateful and just like just do shit, like at least it's better to know than to not know at all, like just shit, Like it's okay to be anxious with anything in life, like a new job, speaking to a group full of thousands of sucking people or a crowd. It gets normal, Like no one ever does that, I feel like have I guess a subtle sense of anxiety is normal, like to an extent, you know that's really hard to control. But yeah, just that as well as it helped me that situation too a little bit with my job up currently as well as my prior Joe, because I worked at a I don't want to fully like it was a what do you?
Speaker 2: What do you? What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you do now?
Speaker 13: I want to say, but like I'm not checking the stream right now or anything. I don't give a fuck what people said. But it's kind of I guess it's very pacific Northwest Washington, I'll say that, but it's very mechanical. I guess. No, actually no. I did a class and they did a cool OSHA thing and this is like, I guess other cool sho I could talk about.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 13: I did a class for high school, which is like a college thing, and one of the classes I did was aerospace and they did like an ocean thing. And they basically were talking about like incidents in general for all jobs, and here in Pacific Northwest is a lot of like blue college lumberjack job. It's just like this fucked a video of a lumberjack and like his fingers missing, like some incident happens. Yeah, it's like I don't know, that's another I guess with Like the incident happened made me way way I was already way more grateful and left because I watched pretty graphic content that like they see humble to like, I guess, drive safe, like look both ways, like be very safe in my job, but like, yeah, my current job, Like I don't know, there's way more ways to get hurt. I worked at prior to this, it was like four years of CNC and press break and that witnessed like multiple people getting their fingers like blown out. That was really like traumatic for me.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, crazy job. Crazy fucked up internet videos is one of my favorite topics. It does well because it does do that. It does do that for you, right because you see all these car accidents and lumberjacks getting their fingers cut off, and it makes you feel like, well, all right, life is. It's actually pretty good if you're not the people in these videos, but so.
Speaker 13: Crazy that like all those like I guess crazy shock videos. It's funny whether wherever it comes from, Like there's like it's been going on since the nineties, like all the shock pages. But it's so interesting. It's seeing the comments of people what they say, and some people like there's usually like poles of like, oh, why do you guys watch this? Like there's always like that, like you know, like just a comment and people usually say that, and I can heavily understand that, like it could very much help certain people as well as like interiorate your mindset. Like it's not for everyone. It's not some shit you should seek out, but like when you watch that type of shit, it's like, damn, it really makes you. Like from my SENC and pressprict machine, it made me very very like safe. I guess that was like the reason why I was so safe on that job. Then continue on with the job that I have currently.
Speaker 1: Danny, you ever watched that? I know that on your mom's house, they watch a lot of videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially in the early stages moved Internet, like the whole Rotten dot Com and all that kind of shit, but not too much now, you know. Now I'm not trying to see no shit like that I used to be into, like you know, the ice is behaving videos and all that kind of shit. I think now I do every now watch some fucking narco shit in Mexico and they tortured, But that's not something that I seek out.
Speaker 1: It's so I don't know why I've managed to get into either every fucking podcast I managed to get into a conversation with someone. Well, shit, Danny, do you have any thoughts on anything?
Speaker 13: I would say, Man, I'm just so happy right now that I got in call with both of y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just say, Bro, you be lucky.
Speaker 3: You're really lucky, man, Like at twenty two years old, that's still young man. You're still a kid pretty much, and you got so much more life to live. And like you said, just some impulsive decision like that can fucking just end it all. You got to think about your mom and your family ship like that. And you know, as me as a person used to drink a lot and all type of shit and get myself in all types of trouble, that could have ended it all. It's like it's not worth it at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So I would just.
Speaker 13: Say that I need to hear from someone you should really.
Speaker 3: Feel blessed, man, you should really feel blessed and to be able to see another because it's not promised, you know, and just for you to go through something like that obviously mean you got a lot more life to live and you just put out here for a reason, you know.
Speaker 2: So I would just.
Speaker 13: Say, man, you need to just.
Speaker 3: Take it a lot more serious, because it seems like you had a lot of fun dying to me.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was your marker. You're living life a mile of a fucking minute, man, I can I can tell which is a fun thing sometimes.
Speaker 13: No, I wouldn't. I would never think that's funny. I never had like a moment of like it's drinking and my teenagers, like I know, I realized, like I guess in American society or just like people like drinking, I'm way, way, way way more over a smoker. So I don't know. It was very stupid decisions that day, obviously, and heavily heavily on what like Danny said, like really real ship, like my life easily could have been cut short or some stupid tripis ship that goes for I guess, like I can tell that to anyone that goes for everything, Like I guess even with like mental issues or like anger issues, like you could easily lose your whole life over something really trivial stupid argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, emotional, So you did in the heat and the moment. Yeah yeah, mm hmm, Marco. And you got an effection, you got an infectious energy. Marco. I'm I'm I'm happy for you. I'm happy that you're not dead so you can go live a beautiful doing exciting fun things. True.
Speaker 13: True, the Pacific Northwest Washington is pretty.
Speaker 2: Lovely, Marc.
Speaker 1: Is there any other like before we move on? Is there anything else you wanna you want to say or anything like that?
Speaker 10: Anything?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's pretty much all I had to get off of my chest. Are any other details or any like, I don't know. That's pretty much all I have to say about the incident.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, I'm gonna pray for you.
Speaker 13: This is the funniest this, this is the funny Well, I don't know if I should say this or not doing like the thing because this is like, uh, the thing I kind of mentioned in the chat, but like this is weird and funny because Okay, for both of you, have you guys ever been to the doctor like hospital like emergency emergency ship?
Speaker 1: You're asking us if we've ever been to the like to the hospital like for an emergency. Yeah, we've been to the hospital.
Speaker 2: I've ever gotten the ID they put that in the penis? Did you have a.
Speaker 13: Jesus no, that's the thing. I fucking woke up and I was fucking takon and I was like, where the fuck is my clothes? I've seen the corner and I thought like my shirt was there because it was like all black fit.
Speaker 4: It was these cool.
Speaker 13: Black Doublene car heart pants and the black shirt. Got to really give a fuck that they cut my shirt up. But when I saw like I was like naked from like everything, but like they had uh this like weird like he had like a handle like a bottle like you just I just picked my winging in. But like it was only after the fact that like when I went home. This sounds so fucking disgusting in team my but like blood came out and I fucking panicked. Like five seconds I was about to like google and put myself in like a oh shit, I got fucking fall cancer some shit. But no, I realized that they fucking like just shove that shit in me while I was in the car and didn't like removed it out. And what I didn't know is that they're supposed to give you like numbing cream, I guess, And he didn't give me none of that ship. So I had like this weird, uncomfortable fucking team for like a week after that, so very much time my lesson not to drink like a fucking idiot, never get in the fucking hospital. That was uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I hope I hope that the I hope the graphic image of your bloody penis inspires many of the people listening to in their lives.
Speaker 13: Yeah, drink fucking safely and responsibly, and yeah, have fucking friends that all like And you know, it was worse.
Speaker 2: I was like five.
Speaker 13: Minutes passed out, and it took him that fucking lung to realize that I wasn't around there until he thought like mind conscious, fucking body just like limp, like family guy positioned.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a good night, Marco, and I wish you and your penis a long safe for coming. I mean, it's short, safe.
Speaker 13: Keep doing what you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks By.
Speaker 2: That's fucking scary, man. Yeah. Yeah, he sounds like he's doing that right with it.
Speaker 1: He does so, he sounded. He sounded psyched.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about he.
Speaker 3: Got a new leash on life or something, you know. But I think when you that agent and you don't really understand how serious something like that could be, maybe you know because me, I've been getting sucked up as long as he's been living, and I've never been through a scare like that really.
Speaker 1: You know, you even had a time where you were like, We're like, oh fuck, I almost died.
Speaker 3: I mean I probably was. I just didn't know it. I would just you know, I'm pretty sure I've been glaying in a bed a few times like oh no, this might be in but but never like having to go to the hospital or getting something like that.
Speaker 2: I'd never been through anything like that.
Speaker 3: So but if I did, I think that would be enough of a scare for me to you.
Speaker 2: Know, be like fuck this shit. You know I ain't, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 3: But I guess I felt like I was getting close to something like that happening. It's a few you know, close calls where you just be like, man, I don't know how I woke up today type shit like being blacked out drunk is like the worst shit ever, man, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, I feel like, but yeah, I feel like Marco, uh, he's got he's got a positive energy to everyone we've talked to.
Speaker 3: But maybe if you died you would feel like you get know what I'm saying, and you're still here, you probably would be that excited about living life again.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's almost like when you go skydiving or some shit, like, oh shit, I'm happy, you know.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's what it is too. You know.
Speaker 1: Isn't that cool that I always think about you can always that's something excessed. You don't have to You don't have to almost die to access that, like every day if you really want to, you can operate from that perspective of oh, it's just it's cool to be alive and.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's a big deal for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Man, we take this ship for granted, you know, and I realize that it's just a blessing just to fucking wake up. You're not fucking promised tomorrow, man, So just us being here, man, that's just good enough.
Speaker 1: I think every everyone we talked to today, except for the Roadblocks girl. No, no, not even though to the robox girl. Everyone we've talked to you today, I'm not worried about. Everyone seem like they're doing all right.
Speaker 3: I had a positive energy to him. Yeah, you know, so, yeah, that's put the most part. I mean, the guy dying though, that was a little dark.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 1: On paper, it's dark, but he seems I mean no, I mean like it's one of the best things ever happened to her about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's just his adderall.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, his ADAHD medication got him going crazy like that. But yeah, when you're on medications and ship like that, man, you can't drink. Like he has to realize that, Like that's just out of the that's just out of the question, man, Like drinking and medication just like you know, doing fucking prescriptions and ship. That's like the worst shit ever, you know, that's almost worse than fucking getting street drugs and some ship, which is crazy fucking alcohol and fucking pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 2: Man. Took a lot of motherfuckers out, man for real m. M.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm worried about, you know, like where he just did take it that serious and he like, fuck it, man, that shit was kind of dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I care more about them.
Speaker 2: Carhart double knees and he cared about dying.
Speaker 1: Are you are you into any of the like skydiving, extreme sports.
Speaker 3: I would like to go skydiving, but I'm not seeking it out. I'm not like trying to figure out how to do it. But if it ever came across my ship in life and it's like, all right, fuck it, I'm down.
Speaker 1: See no, you see they whoever said that in the chat is is he might get addicted to the thrill of almost.
Speaker 3: Like that adrenaline rush, like you know, yeah, but I don't know, man, hopefully man, like you said the catheter and the dick thing, man, And I don't know, Like I said, he's still young, so maybe he's not taking it as serious as somewhat my age would. But na, man, like fucking passing out drunk and all that shit is fucked up.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: That was the one thing I was really worried about.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: It's like something like that happening to me, man, And.
Speaker 3: Especially now with like all this fucking fentanyl and all this fucked up ship, like you can just one night of having fun can just turn dark, you know.
Speaker 1: So did you did you have you know, a share of nights where you woke up like like to the point where you like you don't remember all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot where I'll be like, man, people telling me shit that I did, and I'm like, fuck, you know, it's just it's fucked up, man, it is. It's really when you when you're on that where you know, I guess you know, when you're young and you know something like that happened every blue moon, but when it's like fucking every other day, like you need help, bro, you need to have an intervention and someone needs to sit you down really, And so I was just I mean, I guess you know, it takes you know, you have to go through certain ship to get to certain ship. So I guess if I never been through anything like that, I probably wouldn't have went and got help. So I mean, I'm happy for everything that I've been through to be able to go get help because I was I was the type of motherfucker that talked shit.
Speaker 2: About going to get treatment and rehab.
Speaker 1: Really what was your what was your opinion on it?
Speaker 3: Like you want to quit doing something? Just quit like motherfucker. Yeah you feel like it's a problem. You could, but it ain't that easy for a lot of people. Man, Like a lot of people don't even know like why they getting fucked up. You know, it could start off as being fun and for you know it, man, it's just using it to fucking mash your emotions.
Speaker 1: And then did you have did you have to go through like several hypotheses as to why you were getting sucked up before you found the true one?
Speaker 3: I mean I kind of knew in some sense, you know, and it I never was a drinker like that. My drinking actually started from touring. Like I would drink, you know, I was more of a fuck with weed or you know other shit. But drinking for me, it started off as just me being on tour and you know, having to drink before I go on stage and maybe having another drink to power down after I get off stage. Then before I know it, you know, after years of doing that, then I'm finding myself drinking at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you get to the plane, I'm just drinking every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when it's like when you have a thing where like you have some like clear boundaries with it, and then you kind of start to encroach on the boundaries a little bit and then all of a sudden, you're out of control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you don't I didn't know I was a fucking alcoholic to just you know, you just come to the realization, like, you know, you had that talk with yourself.
Speaker 1: Like are you are you off of weed now?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any intentions on stopping to smoke weed when I went to treatment. It was just to get off alcohol. But I learned so much about myself during that process and just everything, and I told myself I was going to like I'm one't going to stop smoking. But then when I got home, you know, start doing therapy and shit, and just you know, it could be a gateway. Yeah for me, not saying for everybody, you know, but it could. You know, it does alter your thinking in some sense. And I can totally see myself having a great time, too much fun smoking. We get high, might be at some cool party or something, somebody offer me a drinking in my fucking high mind.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, not that bad, right, right, I've been clean I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna drink tomorrow and drinking well, I know what, I'm back on the fucking Farris Wheels.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right. It's hard because I'm and I've talked about this on here before, but like there's so many models of stoners that are like successful, Like when Seth Rogen gets on and he's like, yeah, I'm a multi million dollar you know. I do everything I do is while I'm stones And I see that, and I'm like, oh fuck, I wish I could do that. I wish I could be one of those. Like in high school there were there were these kids who would get super stoned and then do their homework like I could. I always wish I could be that kind of have that productive balance.
Speaker 2: But don't get me wrong, I love weed like I still miss it.
Speaker 3: I probably think about smoking every day, just make a conscious decision not to, and I find out that. I mean, it's not like fucking rocket science. I'm way more productive without it, you know what I'm saying. Like when I used to sit around, like when I first got out of rehab and ship, it was I couldn't sleep for ship, like it was I was sleeping good in there. But when I got home, it was like, like, what did I.
Speaker 2: Used to fucking do with all this time? Yeah, it's like I'm bored.
Speaker 3: And I realized that I was just using weed for anything, like I'm nothing to do smoke weed and smoke you know, so even like playing video games. It took a long time for me to even start back enjoying video games because I was so used to doing it while smoking weed.
Speaker 1: You know, do you do?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 1: You have like a like do the whole sponsor thing.
Speaker 3: I did in the beginning, but then after a while, it's just I started to feel like just that whole shit felt a little cultish to me, like going to meetings and ship Sure, so I know a lot of people are like, oh, you know, you got it, but I don't know, man, everybody's kind of different.
Speaker 2: But no, for me, for the most part, I.
Speaker 3: Did a couple like online shit, But the thing that resonated with me the most was like doing like the dharma shit, which is like going like meditation classes and shit. I like that the most, and like smart recovery. But for the most part, I mean when I went on tour, a lot of that shit fell off, Like I haven't been in therapy none of that shit since something.
Speaker 1: So when you're on a tour like that and you're traveling every day, it's hard to keep a routine. It's like almost impossible.
Speaker 2: But I'm not over confident in it. Any day. I know I can fuck up.
Speaker 3: So the best thing for me to do is just, you know, as dumb as it sign clanchicun, just take one day at the time, man, and I just you know, keep myself busy.
Speaker 1: Are you a religious guy at all?
Speaker 2: I know that. I mean I have been. I mean I'm being there.
Speaker 3: That was like one of the one things that kind of made me feel good and shit, like was going to the church and they had like a spiritual advisor and I'll go see this siritual advisor. And every time I would do that shit, I would just feel good for some reason, like no matter, you know, I know I'm at the fucking bottom to being fucking rehabited and just feel like a fucking failure. But every time I would like go to the church or like go see the spiritual advisor and should always left feeling good and shit. So yeah, it definitely did give me like a spiritual awakening kind of thing.
Speaker 1: When when you were when you were you raised religious at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just go to church every fucking Sunday. I hated that ship though.
Speaker 1: There's almost a weird like, uh that when you're an adult, if you when you're because as a kid, it sucks because you're getting dragged, but when you're an adult, if you make the decision to go, it can almost be a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I live right across street from the church, and I was like, oh, I'm gonna start going to church and shoo. But I was still I'm like that shit, I deal with it on my own terms, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to a U.
Speaker 1: I went to Overeaters Anonymous once I've been back since I should go. It was cool, but uh, like people would talk about like God is. I don't know if you've been to like the AA meanings, but like God is, like it's it's it's it's in the background. Like when people talk, they'll talk about like the higher power instead. And I remember like people would would tell their stories and they would mention a higher power and like I wasn't. I just subbed in my own interpretation of what that meant, which wasn't necessarily always like uh, you know, a god like a dude, but you know, could just be the higher power of of I don't know, man, Like, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can sell, you can sub in your own.
Speaker 3: What I was saying, Like, that's the whole faith thing, just believing in something it.
Speaker 2: Could be fucking could.
Speaker 3: Just believe it in because you know. But yeah, man, that that that helped me a lot, to be honest. I mean when I was in jail, and that's what fucking helped me a lot, believe in something that shit was gonna be better when I got out, and having some kind of faith. Once you lose faith and you don't care about you, that's when you know, that's when that's probably why I was using so many fucking drugs and drinking so much because I didn't you know, just didn't.
Speaker 2: Care no more. Man.
Speaker 1: What gives you faith? Now?
Speaker 3: Helping others, Just being able to share my story with everybody else and letting them know, man that you know, no matter what you're going through, man, somebody like me, you know, being an example for them now you know I went through that ship. You know what I'm saying, Just showing them that you can still make it out that ship.
Speaker 2: Don't give up. So yeah, that's my whole journey.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: I just want to help no man where this through my music or just meeting people and talking to them. You know, you can change somebody life with one conversation type shit, you know. So just being in that position to be able to you know, to have that voice, you know, and just to talk to people.
Speaker 2: Man. So yeah, I feel like I got my new leash on life with that, and.
Speaker 1: It makes you it makes you feel good to do that.
Speaker 2: It keeps me on a straight and narrow you know.
Speaker 1: One of the things I like about doing this this show is like like I feel like, uh, it's a fun Like I get out of my own because every day, every day I'm like wrestling in my own overthinking shit you were talking Earli about just like overthinking my own fucking life and all my own problems and shit. And it's fun to get out of that and like talk to somebody else about whatever's going on with them. You know, it gives you perspective on your own life, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, and you know, just being able to have that voice, like I said, and like you know sometimes you you know, like I say, we just normal motherfuckers, just like everybody else too. But you never know that one person that reached out to you and said something to you.
Speaker 2: How much you know like.
Speaker 3: People calling in and just them being able to come in it fucking makes their day. Fucking changes shit, you know. So you helping motherfuckers too at.
Speaker 2: The end of I hope, So man, I hope. So that's what this show is based on. This ship sometimes.
Speaker 1: You're going to do one final one before we go. Okay, cool, let me ask first chat. Do you have any questions or or stuff for Danny that you wanna talk about. Can Danny confirm if he was or was not wearing trip pants? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, they weren't actually tripped. They were actually a designer out of Houston, Texas. He made those and they do look like trips, but they're not trips.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Do you remember playing middle Lands Festival Middlelands?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I probably was blacked out drunk. Where's Middlelands? I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: No, Danny, how was getting put into GTA five? You were in GTA five. Yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: I love all the guys at Rockstar and they always reach out to me to do stuff. Still had a relationship with them, so but yeah, man, it was you know, it was great.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things where I can't believe I did that shit, and it makes it hard for me to play the fucking game.
Speaker 2: I never even had finished because you're afraid of hearing your own voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the first fucking song you hear, and then they I did my own downloadable content. I had my own shit. So it's just hard for me to now. I can't It's like I'm too close to it. I can't even really enjoy it right right, Yeah, but it was a lot of work though. They actually kne to Detroit, fucking you know. We recorded for fucking months doing that shit.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: So but it was fun, man shot talk to the homies that rock Star.
Speaker 1: Did you see that GT six got leaked?
Speaker 3: I've seen something about it, but I don't really know too much.
Speaker 1: There was like a sixteen year old kid who like hacked in the rock Star and he got thrown in jail. But I was thinking about it, he's probably like the coolest kid in jail, Like, that's gotta be the best thing to be thrown into juvenile Hall for is leaking GTA six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but jail fucking sucks. I fuck that shit.
Speaker 1: H Danny, Are you ever gonna hop back on Final Fantasy fourteen?
Speaker 3: That's the new one? Are just the one that just came out? Oh you're talking about online?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: They said they someone said they played with you when you started heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was super into it, but I kind of got out of it. No, I don't know, man, I just it's.
Speaker 2: A little clique. Yeah, a little clique as you're in that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Man, it's almost like the VR motherfuckers that just sit in the mirror and won't talk to you.
Speaker 1: Someon wants to know what your very first job was.
Speaker 3: My very first job was. I worked at a Sweeten House, which is a buffet. I actually allowed on my job application because you're supposed to be sixteen to work in Michigan and I was only fourteen, so illed on my job application and forged my work permit and I worked.
Speaker 2: There until I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: I was a potwasher making four to fifty an hour, so they knew I was too young. It was slave laboring me, and once I was old enough to get a job, I quit and started selling wheat. I worked at an old country buffet too. I was just working at buffets and shit. As a kid, I worked at a burger king, but I was really just selling weed. Everybody there, you ever.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you a buffet fan? Personally?
Speaker 3: Now it's nasty to me because I know we used to be doing back there, so I'm like, fuck, but uh no, I can't say I haven't been to a buffet in over ten years.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: There was a Chinese buffet near my school called the Habachi Grill, and all the food was stale, but I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, as you're a teenager, you younger, like, you know, buffets and shit, they cool and shit. But once you get like a certain age, I feel like that's just disgusting.
Speaker 2: Man. Like now I can't even think about going to a buffet.
Speaker 1: All right, let me, I'll read off a few options. You tell me what sounds interesting to you. Zach eighteen wants to discuss the complicated relationship he has with his mom, who stole some money from him. We have Joshua thirty four. It feels like he reached a third life crisis. We had of Sam thirty one, one of her exes and one of her friends wants to have a threesome with her. She does not know what to do about that. Hello, Hello, what's up? Sam?
Speaker 11: Yo?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: I'm a girl, by the way, but I'm okay with you saying that.
Speaker 1: All right, Sam, I see the blue screen in the background is slowly peeling off, so we we should make this quick. Yeah, I'm mainly kidding up. What's going on? Sam? How's life?
Speaker 9: Uh, it's all right, It's all right, I guess Yeah, I just had some advice or not if I didn't have it back, I'm asking for advice, I should say. It's the two ladies involved in this, this predicament. One of them is an X and the other one. They were not particularly they how do I how do I even say this? They were like enemies, they were like not close friends at all. At a certain point they really did not like each other. Okay, yeah, they hated each other, and now they're like cool again. And in the past few weeks, not all three of us together but separately, like this idea has just sort of come about and it's I just I'm not sure if it's a decent Uh, it might be a good idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm asking for a third opinion space or a fourth opinion.
Speaker 3: I guess technically, I guess if you thinking about it, that must mean you can't handle it.
Speaker 2: So you probably shouldn't do that, man, because the threesome is very hard.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: You think it's hard enough pleasing one woman, imagine pleasing two. So I would say you probably don't want to put yourself to that type of situation if you don't think.
Speaker 1: You can handle it, Why don't you think, Sam, Why don't you think you can handle it? Though? Why do you have a lack of confidence in your abilities?
Speaker 2: I say, just do it for a story.
Speaker 9: Weirdly, that's not weirdly. The confidence of my ability is not the issue. It's more of like the weird the potential weirdness for the future.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be weird, y'all, just to be doing it all the time now, it's going to be more weird if you turn it down.
Speaker 9: That's that's fair. That's fair. Yeah, Okay, I gotta say I love your last Daddy, thank you. It's every every time, every time I hear it, it makes me so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, y'all.
Speaker 9: Y'all make really good points that it's just, you know, the thing that's being talked about. Maybe it's just something that should that should happen, because you know, it's not like I don't know and it maybe if it happens and then it's weird whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just something you've been wanting to do for a while. It sounds like we hit the nerve of some kind.
Speaker 9: I don't really know how to answer that, to be quite honest, if you don't.
Speaker 1: Know how to answer that, it kind of sounds like the answer is yes, you know, I.
Speaker 9: Hadn't thought about. You know, it's one of those things. I feel like a lot of people, you know, this is not a situation that comes up in most of their lives, so as far as like the reality of the situation, like it's only something in the past, like a couple of past few weeks that's been like, oh wow, that could be a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, we can't tell you what to do necessarily, but you I think when Danny and you were like, if you're asking, it sounds like the answer is it sounds like something you're You're that that's a good point. You're curious and excited about so I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I think you're just trying to brag dust that you go. You're like you all motherfucker's sitting around with Gecko paint on when I got two bitches ready.
Speaker 9: It is not lined up. That hasn't been clear. It's not lined up, and for that I apologize.
Speaker 13: Not lined up.
Speaker 1: Well, Samya, it worked. I think I'm jealous of you, and I think that your life sounds really cool, and I think that if you don't feel that way, you should start feeling that way.
Speaker 2: You got bitches, God damn it. Who are you with?
Speaker 1: By the way, who are you? Who's this person giggling in the background.
Speaker 5: Oh it's I'm one of the girls. I'm Christina.
Speaker 2: Oh you're wait, you already got one of the girls with you? That's always he was stunning on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, No, like we yeah, I mean like we didn't have expect and maybe I don't know, thinking about involving Emily.
Speaker 13: I don't like.
Speaker 15: She off handedly minted it might be okay, but she's like, I don't know, that would be weird because they dated like why, I don't know what four years ago something like that, And now I'm fucking Sam.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 15: So I don't want to be weird.
Speaker 5: I don't want her to get like upset.
Speaker 13: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't want to like hurt my friend girlfriend, you know, but she's.
Speaker 1: But why would it Why would it hurt her if she's that if it was her idea.
Speaker 10: My idea.
Speaker 15: Actually I think it was your idea, it was my idea.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I just don't want her that's okay, And then it hurst her feeling like later.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I if I had to put money on, like what I think you're going to end up doing after this phone call, it sounds like it sounds like you're gonna do it. And I hope you have a good time. I hope you have a good time in the moment. I really do. And I don't know if you want to, if you want to borrow three gecko costumes and make it even steamier, you let me know.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah fuck it, let's do.
Speaker 4: It, Danny, And that a conversation.
Speaker 2: No, I'm upset, he's living a life. I'm just a gecko. Yeah, hearing about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah see now you know, now you guys, now you guys have to do it because or else it would have just been in vain us Gecko, Okay, we have to do it. Say anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just be safe, be nice to each other. A triple ax. Well, the stuff you've been doing with Taggy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I'll you know, I'll let you know how it goes next time.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you guys got a collaboration of your own to get to.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for one one before the other, obviously, but thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Take care of guys.
Speaker 9: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Who I was, actually I was I was watching a different part. I was watching a different podcast with you on it, and you were asked this question, you have you have a threesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice, I mean it's not all it's cracked up to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah what what? What issues did you run into?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like I said, it's it's a lot of hard work. I mean, there's nothing worse than having a trash treason.
Speaker 1: Now you got because now you've got two people talking.
Speaker 3: Expectat at this play in my life, I would rather have just one person. I mean, you know, a lot of ship drug fueled, alcohol fueled.
Speaker 2: Yeah shit, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying. But now it's like I ain't even damn I'm a one woman.
Speaker 2: Then now nice man, I make love. Now.
Speaker 1: I gotta say I was I was watching a lot of podcasts with you on them, like in preparation for this, and you know, obviously I don't know you very well personally, but you do you seem calmer? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I just was going through a lot the past few years, you know, and I'm just at a spot in my life, like I say, just not living in my head so much and just enjoying a moment. I think I was putting myself. I was stressing myself out so much that I wasn't even living life, you know, so worried about bad shouted happening. And now I wouldn't even enjoying a good ship that was in front of me. So now I'm just feel blessed.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, dude, thank thanks so much for doing this. And I'm very happy for you that you seem like you're in this new era of life that that you're very happy having me.
Speaker 3: Man, I've been watching your ship for some years now, So it's cool on there man.
Speaker 1: Cool cool, cool dude. Is there anything you want to like, you have any plugs or anything coming up?
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell the people about? Yeah? I mean, you know, you can watch my podcast Danny Brown Show every Tuesday on Wild Mate, you know, and new album coming very sooner than motherfuckers think. So it's going to be fun. It's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't already check out what for anyone who who hasn't heard you, like, where where should they start?
Speaker 2: Far as music? Yeah, I mean I guess you know you can just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I don't know because every album, I would say, is kind of like my babies, and they're all kind of different from each other.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It depends on what the person into and what they're going through life, what's going on in their life at the moment.
Speaker 2: But I would say I don't know.
Speaker 3: The best shit to do is probably start with Triple X and work your way up, or start with you know what I'm saying and work your way down, or just listen to the Peggy Ship. I would say that's the most funnest, not the Trauma Dump. So that probably the jpeg Maffia album.
Speaker 1: You know, check out Scaring the Hose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fun one. We have fun making that, you know.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Hey Ghak, bless you Danny, thank.
Speaker 2: You man, you too.
Speaker 1: Brother goes on the line taking your phone calls every night ever.
Speaker 2: Goes to his i's.
Speaker 1: Teaching your cloudy life.
Speaker 2: Not an expert.