Speaker 1: They get.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting live from Atlanta, Georgia. Welcome to the Ball Alert Show. I go by the name, I.
Speaker 3: Go by the name. You know, beat team the building. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Bro.
Speaker 2: I was just saying when I brought you inside the facility, I was like.
Speaker 1: Man, Bro, I don't know why we ain't being brought you back.
Speaker 2: That's facts because our episode was really good. That was That was a couple of years ago. So I do I definitely want you.
Speaker 3: Two years already. Damn time flies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So first and foremost, we appreciate you coming back to my brother, Atlanta legend music industry veteran. I feel like it was just due to how you come in and just talk about because I feel like if you've been paying attention to podcast has gotten a little more transparent how we've been doing Ball Alert. We have been stopped being celebrity triggered and went into having real conversations with people that can have a dope conversation with right.
Speaker 1: And funny thing is.
Speaker 2: When you and I talk, we talked for a very long time. It's never a quick phone call or text or something like that. So I definitely want to have you and talk about the scope first and foremost, Uh, where exactly is Pobala from.
Speaker 4: I'm from west Side, I'm from bank Head, from Bhome. Okay, all right, so listen, I'm from boring Home. But I was born in East Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So he's born in East Atlanta born.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Right by the fall Way. Oh, everybody, anybody from East Atlanta know the You know what I'm saying. And everybody know my granddaddy. You know what I'm saying. He's calling the Godfather. Short, little short, little nigga. You know what I'm saying. But then my cousin, all my cousin them was one of the biggest family el meadows with Mores and the Lewises, you know what I'm saying. So I used to be out there with all my cousins all the time. So I used to be around East Lake Meadow every weekend, going East Laate Meadows because I didn't have no siblings around me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I got two older cousins, but they stayed, they stayed in the swats. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's south Southwestrolina, you know what I'm saying. So on break, Christmas, spring Break, stuff like that. Summertimes, I go out there with them and I spend time in the swats, you see what I'm saying. So when I turned like nine, so I went to I went to Hubert Elementary School. It's not even down like it's a lot of it's a lot of people. I ain't gonna know what the fuck Hubert.
Speaker 1: Is because there's no Hubert anymore.
Speaker 5: No, it's not Hubert, all right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But Hubert is The elementary school used to be across the street from Gucci old studio, you know what I'm saying. And I went to wife for White friend is still up, you know what I'm saying. Then I moved and I moved to Boring Home. I was like nine years old, you know what I'm saying. And I grew up in Boring Home. I meet my name on that Boring Home was the apartment complex. Yeah, we were the hardest on the West Side. Were the Capitol. We the capital to the West Side. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And I know so I can't nobody dispute that though.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, what what what side do you think is the most famous side of Atlanta west side is for sure.
Speaker 1: The west side is the most famous side, for sure. I think it's about I think it's close to being the tie.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I can say that now.
Speaker 2: Now because of with with the Futures. The twenty one Gucci man say East Atlanta, twenty one of them say his own six. Twenty one Future of them say his own six. Okay, okay, by no Future is really deliberate about okay, okay.
Speaker 5: He's gonna tell you from East Atlanta the cat right.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: People will be deliberate about what's the East Atlanta? What's thetor what's the section?
Speaker 5: Is a big difference, bro, not Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I know that. But if you say the east side.
Speaker 4: East side is not East Atlanta, the east side is when you pass east Side is Canting Road all the way back, it's the east Side.
Speaker 1: And then I learned a lot. First of all, my wife's from locked On. You shout out to Tennis. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Learn a lot about side that's the east side, gotcha. And then but people from Latoia say they from Latownia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now they do say they from lato Onia.
Speaker 1: Now Bruce Street.
Speaker 4: Everybody from Bruce Street always claim Bruce Street. This is what I could always say. I had times on Bruce Street too.
Speaker 1: What types of Tracy T?
Speaker 5: Yeah, shot Tracy T. You know what I'm saying. And it's before I even knew Tracy T. I'm like seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You should get money in Bruce Street. For sure, they get money once.
Speaker 6: The reason why, the reason why I'm asking because you know, the viewers are gonna be like, okay, when because people consume a lot of music, right, so when rappers are saying I'm from here, I'm from there from that, you know people like, okay, I heard of that. But what's the difference, because if you come to Atlanta, most people from Atlanta be like the east Side is decayed first time.
Speaker 2: First of all, they gonna stay in the nice area. They're gonna stay in Buckhead, Atlantics.
Speaker 4: Ye, nobody has ever really talked about the makeup of Atlanta, because ain't nobody never really just talked about it, Like you go to CALLI you know the makeups?
Speaker 5: What hoods?
Speaker 3: What New York?
Speaker 5: You know what hoods?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Even in Florida, little bit in Miami. You can't know you know what I'm saying, But people really don't know here, and it's because nobody really talked about it.
Speaker 5: Because half the.
Speaker 4: People who really be saying they're from Atlanta don't really be from Atlanta. And the people who say they be from Alama who make it only really know about the side of town.
Speaker 2: So when people say they're from Atlanta, it needs to be the City of Atlanta correct to properly say that.
Speaker 4: Let me say this for because I say this all the time, people ask me this for anybody who's even saying, listen to Amaretta song, all right, it's to Atlanta's okay, you got the city of Atlanta.
Speaker 5: You got Metro Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Metro Atlanta is the greater part of Atlanta, the city of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's like Sandy Springs because that counts, right, yes, even though Sandy Springs is really Atlanta, because it's.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got South Fort County.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got South Forwardia too, you know what I'm saying. But so it's crazy Slot. Yeah, so anything around twenty five they call it Metro Atlanta. Correct. So that's why they put the Brain Stadium.
Speaker 4: In Cork County County because it's too eighty five the Metro Atlanta. Correct, you see what I'm saying. But Metro Atlanta is not Atlanta. So when people say what's on umbrell saying not Atlanta, she's talking about the city of Atlanta. So if your address and say Atlanta, Georgia southwest, east west, northwest.
Speaker 5: You ain't from Atlanta. This is how simple it is.
Speaker 4: And when you're talking east Atlanta, East Atlanta stops after Gresham and it picks back up on Boulder Crash, that see it. But on two eighty five, the Boulder Crash and to the point when it go to gross Raw right there, that's the only part of Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Everything on both sides of the county east's crazy unless you go down some more and it turns its own three.
Speaker 2: Now, have you ever like explored the north sides, because I know it's two north sides. I had to figure that out. Eighty five North, you got tom County seventy five North.
Speaker 4: Seventy five North is the original north North. So if you told me you I'm from the North, I'm gonna say you're from Marietta. Now, what is the north. Marriage is north of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: But the north.
Speaker 3: And then it's the north.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but see it's okay, it's only east west, south Atlanta. It's it ain't nothing else, ain't nothing else. When it comes to what we're talking about. You know what I'm saying, ain't nothing else. You know what I'm saying, ain't when it comes to zones, for real, it ain't there but one, three, four.
Speaker 5: And six for real? Right it right now? Is it?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 5: It? Two? Is five years?
Speaker 1: But that's like nice parts of town?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So what is zone two? Like? Zone two is like.
Speaker 4: Birdhead like p like going towards the north and eastern.
Speaker 5: Part of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever says that.
Speaker 5: No, because it ain't no hoods out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I don't think anybody's rapping in in bucket.
Speaker 2: It ain't just there's some people that stay in bucket though, that could not that rap that could say it.
Speaker 4: But people claiming zones because this their neighborhood, for sure. See Baked, then it wasn't games, It was zones. It was just closing claim your zone.
Speaker 1: But isn't the zones? Correct me if I'm wrong? Wasn't the zones created from the police department.
Speaker 4: That's how the police, they separated police of town, how they where they're gonna patrol. Got it, you know what I'm saying. Everybody got their borders. And I worked for his own one police precinct. I want for his own full precinct zone full police. Don't go to bank Head because there's on this on one police got it. So it just keep you in your barriers.
Speaker 2: And I always wanted to ask you this question, and I've seen it and I know, but I still wanted to ask on camera, why do you guys call the police twelve ship?
Speaker 5: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't twelve I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wait what did that did? Did that slang originated from Atlanta?
Speaker 5: I don't even know. I never even thought.
Speaker 1: About this till you ask everybody just call them twelve?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Hey holler us at the coves man, Well what what what? What is the what is the reason why the police are called to.
Speaker 3: An urban dictionary? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know one time, I don't know who got something to do it. One time?
Speaker 4: I know he was just calling them one time too, you know what I'm saying. But it's always been twelve ups. So I don't know why. I don't know why. I don't I.
Speaker 3: Wonder who's making all these slings up.
Speaker 1: Like I've heard that since I was a kid.
Speaker 5: That's me too. I've been hearing towel since I've been the kids.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm related to Atlanta. I've been coming to Atlanta so I was a kid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Even though from Florida, I have family here and four out of my five kids were born here. But I do want to pivot and celebrate you man, A lot of the people that we bring in here on this on this show, we would like to give you guys your flowers. You are part of the legendary group, the Franchise Boys, them Franchise Boys. I wanted to talk about that and kind of get build a little context behind it.
Speaker 1: How did that start?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 1: And how many people.
Speaker 3: Question? How people? Was it a group?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Four? Ok okay, just four.
Speaker 4: Wasn't even a group. It really wasn't a group. We looked at ourselves more like wool Time. It's a whole bunch of song no artists. Well, just do music together.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying okay, and.
Speaker 5: Pimp didn't even wrap.
Speaker 3: So Tim was the producer.
Speaker 5: It started because I did it. I did an acapella. We didn't a capella like a poem. Okay, it's take card.
Speaker 4: I like money, get money, and I did in tenth grade, and everybody went crazy and basketball. Pimp used to beat on the locker and limb grade. I rapped the verse and everybody saying the verse, you know what I'm saying. Then everybody kept trying to get me to wrap. But I wasn't into doing music because I never tried to be a rapper, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I used to hustle. So twelfth grade I didn't see Pimp whole twelfth grade year.
Speaker 4: In my high school, I had I had to go to school from eight o'clock in the morning eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: My twelfth grade year, you was at the as school.
Speaker 5: I went to both What is it?
Speaker 1: Crim? Did you go to CREM?
Speaker 5: I went to Washington. I went to Doug in Washington.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so my group member Buddy r P Buddy, the one who died Ristally Easy Buddy Buddy, and Twomo my homies for my projects graduated before me.
Speaker 5: They was like, come to college. I'm like, hell, no college. Yeah, they say come to cause they was. They went to college. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: This was college?
Speaker 5: Yeah? They was? They was?
Speaker 3: They was?
Speaker 5: They was. You know what I'm saying. I was. I was always.
Speaker 4: My wife say I'm a undercover nerd like I'm I'm always I like information, you know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I go that ain't happened. I end up going to school, end of going. I ended up signing up for college. He got his college my first day of my first day of college. I'm walking down the sidewalk ahead his beat playing. I'm listening to it. I'm rapping his verse. I'm like, oh it sounds this sounds fine with it. Walk up the steps, walk in there. Walk in the door is open music playing, knock on the door. Turn around, it's pimped.
Speaker 5: Wow. I ain't seen him in a.
Speaker 3: Year, and here in college making beats.
Speaker 4: He making beats. Like what I'm like, Yeah, they got me in college?
Speaker 1: Like I never were you going to college?
Speaker 5: No? I wasn't gonna you was just there you hey, but I did three semesters. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I did three semesters. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I probably did long long if I didn't get kicked out though, Okay, you know what I'm saying. So I said, remember that, remember that the verse. He's like, yeah, rapped it. We recorded it. That song right now is the biggest underground song in the West Side of Atlanta still to this day. That's the biggest song from the Pool Pats that never made it. But it was the beginning, that song. It was the song that made people want to do wanna be rappers? Three months later, four months later, record White Tea, White Tea. Six months later. We had there for half a million, So they should happen just like that. So Buddy was my my other two homeless who went to college. They dropped out. They didn't even come. They didn't even come. They went like the ones week and they ain't coming no more. So it was just me and Buddy. So me and Buddy was roommates, you know what I'm saying. And I used to tell Buddy, you make me come to school, so you gotta help me come up with some idea. But I need to rap about cause that I did was just going pimp room rap all day. Pimper go to class, I'm in pimp room hitting the button wrapping and stuff, you know what I'm saying. So when Pimp left and didn't come back to school, I stayed in school. So one week when I come back for Spring and Break, pimping is now recording with jizzl Man because Jiz is from Ellen Temple, where Pimp from.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So that's how I met Jizzle coming back and when we were called white Tea, you know what I'm saying, That's how I made Jizzle. So now I told you six months after then we had to deal and I was just like, all, let's be in the studio together, so we'll do it together type shit.
Speaker 6: So when y'all got the deal, how was everybody like acting when that, when that type of money was on the table.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it made me worse. Yeah, yeah, I was already. Yeah, I was one of those.
Speaker 2: We had big bank on the show and we was we had to ask them like cause you know, the music business is not the streets, and the streets is not the music business. So when you are introduced to this music business with this type of money, How do you shift your focus from the streets to the music business.
Speaker 5: Did you ever stop the streets?
Speaker 1: Did you cold turkey for better terms?
Speaker 5: Hell no? What I just told you make me worse? Oh no? Like so you was flipping shit, man, Listen, that's just okay.
Speaker 4: So in two thousand and five, we had number one single Yeah, Oh, I think they liked me remixed.
Speaker 5: Yeah right. Two thousand and six we had number one single with Laning with a rock with Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're the only group in Here's the Hip Hop they have two number one singles back to back.
Speaker 1: Y'all did good with y'all not good? Y'all did amazing, ain't number two.
Speaker 5: More groups got more number one singles than us.
Speaker 4: That's the Beast, the Boys, our cast we got three, Our Caves got four, Beast the Boys got seven, don't know other group and.
Speaker 2: Here Lean Yeah, y'all came out hot, damn Lean with a rock with I don't want to say I forgot that, but damn bro, that was a bit.
Speaker 5: That was a banger. That was bigger.
Speaker 3: That was that was bigger than and I produced it to Oh you produced that?
Speaker 4: You gotta think there was a number one record on the radio, French Eye Boys on it. They weren't know that song. I ended up putting them on this song. It was already number one. Oh, I think they liked me. And Lean with a Rock with It was both.
Speaker 5: The remix with J d Yes and Bow and Brad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And Lean with a Rock with It was the number one or two songs on the radio on both stations here.
Speaker 5: But I ain't on.
Speaker 3: I ain't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think they like me? You know, I ain't never been No.
Speaker 4: I quit the group before they did it, when they did it, So I'll quit group like three times. What I'll tell you, I ain't quit the group like three times because I just you know, me making that music was me. But I always felt like I couldn't rap about my real lifestyle because you ain't.
Speaker 5: Going to jail.
Speaker 1: Mmm, because you were still.
Speaker 4: Twenty years later, look twenty five years, twenty years later, Look what we're going through. I seen this shit way back then. I was told. I told you I always been intelligent. I always been smart. I always have always been intellect you know what I'm saying. So I was like, I ain't doing it. But if you listen to all my verses, all my verses only talking about street shit. I just knew how to rap it. I tell you say, pop a pill with me, take a shot with me, Shot with me. I'm laying with a rock with and everybody's saying it gotta peelup, pop with me, Gonna take a shot with me, and nobody thinking about this ship.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, What the fuck we popping?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because Yeah, it's the it's the be, it's the Melodie, it's the fun record.
Speaker 5: I learned that a long time ago.
Speaker 6: Why do you think artists today don't understand the difference between I feel like the reality in the industry because artists that did come out around that time, people was rapping about certain stuff. But you know, like, man, they so far removed from that. They not They ain't got there.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more coded.
Speaker 4: They knew how to dress it up back then. Now some people are still good. I think it's the reason is because people ain't. I think this is a problem with people in general, especially the black people. They don't know who they don't know who they are. If you don't know who you are, you don't know who to be. You know, who to be.
Speaker 5: You gonna be whatever whatever you feel like makes you feel good. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was a street nigga dancing, but I like to dance, so I wasn't tripping. But every nigga who knew me, if you, if you mentioned my name to anybody dancing, I never come up.
Speaker 5: I'm the only one in my group dance. I do want to.
Speaker 1: I do want to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I do appreciate number one year podcast Apartments Fire.
Speaker 5: Appreciate.
Speaker 1: I actually watch that.
Speaker 5: Appreciate I can.
Speaker 2: I have an appreciation for your podcast.
Speaker 1: That was a good pivot for you. What made you want to get into interviewing and podcasters?
Speaker 5: Shit? I want for real, for real? No, no, I told you.
Speaker 4: Everything I do comes off me being real, me hustling, or me trying to educate. I feel like I'm really like the last of the original o GZ. You know how the tech books is broken stuff. I don't need the textbook. I got it out here. I know it. I ain't got to read it. I've seen I know how to feel it. I'm the last. I understand how to sacrifice what I need to sacrifice for a ship around me. You know, what I'm saying, I've been understood that. So what happened was I just wanted to educate little niggas on ship because every time I talk to somebody, old heads be like ya, nigga don't listen. They don't listen nobody. But every time I talk to a young nigga, he listen to me. So I couldn't really understand it. Shit, like what you mean, that's the fun they do? They listen. So I said, you know, it ain't no more projects, so you don't get a chance to have people to come up under, you know, to give the game and show you right between wrong. They pretty much learning from experience, you know what I'm saying. So I said, shit, I could do a podcast. Why could she just get a game? So I say, I'm gonna do og talk all right. So I started coming to the idea and I'm like, what I'm gonna do, How I'm gonna do it, you know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying. So then we're throwing ideas around.
Speaker 4: So before I even got a chance to even do podcasts, I started doing lives on Instagram called paperwork Sunday. While I was just reading everybody's paperwork from Atlanta.
Speaker 5: It's like they ten ninety jakes. I've been doing that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I been did that, you know what I'm saying. So I'm doing this every Sunday. Every Sunday, we getting like three thousand people, four thousand people, seven thousand people. I'm telling people were starting at nine o'clock nine, no fire, here my phone ringing.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: We ain't Bro, we got the blunt rolled up. Hey, we got the liquor. We like it like a real show. Bro. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Then it I was doing it because I wanted to put niggas up on game without mean.
Speaker 5: I'm from the streets.
Speaker 4: I can't go i can't cod to you ro and say hey boy, bet snitching. Bro, You're gonna be like nigga.
Speaker 6: What right?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying right right out of here. Yeah, and only it's only two ways to do it. So you could tell a nigga that, or you could take a niggas of paperwork either either either.
Speaker 5: Or a nigga gonna take it how you wanna take it.
Speaker 4: And if you got relationship with a person and he's not a real nigga, he ain't never gonna dress it like that.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I know some real niggas who I fuck with who I don't have that type of relationship because if I come, tell you I want to be able to tea and you'd be like Paul, if you telling me, Bro, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: This shit, Bro, how do you get paperwork?
Speaker 5: Public information?
Speaker 3: Way would believe you.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, because because I tell people all the time, you get in my car, anything, you got it, they pull you over.
Speaker 4: But listen, I'm snitched, but listen, listen. But that ain't but listen for one for one only goes to people who live that lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a civilian.
Speaker 5: If you don't live, I've snitched you.
Speaker 4: Even in the situation that you just said, it's not snitching, you're telling the person listen and y'all agreeing to You get in the car and they say it's yours. You're taking yours, right, and they say yeah. If they come and the police say we walk and they don't take us, you say yeah, you just he don't say no, he don't say nothing. You say, oh that buddy right there, Especially if you don't live a lifestyle then hey, bro, you ain't snitched no that. First of all, what type of real nigga don't want to take your ship?
Speaker 6: M First of all, man, every everybody's around until it's time to go to. That happens until until it's time to go to.
Speaker 4: So being in the streets, you have to start identifying them people before you even put them in your car. You gotta know them people characters and how they is and what they'll do before you even putting the people on your car. Because when it happened, you can't bitch more on a complaint because you made the decision to let this nigga ride with you. So now you gotta stand on street principles. Take your ad to jail, sen your ad jail, take her to court. Fight that shit. Come home, Tell buddy he gonna take the charge, Make him go read nnion statement, fuck him up. Whatever you're gonna do or fight your charge. That what you gotta do, because that's what you signed up for. They like being a parent. You can't say when you want to be a parent when you don't want to be a parent, sure cause that what you signed up for. And you don't have no baby, nigga.
Speaker 5: Put a rob on. Stop skinning them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when you take certain responsibilities, you can't divert from that shit and be like, oh no, it ain't mine. No nigga, you shouldn't have had them with your nigga. And now if you're a real gainster and you're a real street nigga, now it start teaching how to learn from your mistakes. Now you start saying, nah, you know what, Nah, he can't rob me. I'm gonna ride by myself. No, I'm gonna do it by myself. Oh nah, okay, let me vent him real quick. Let me see where you're from. You know why you want to hang with me? Where your old crew at?
Speaker 5: Nigga?
Speaker 4: What the what the nigga used to hang with? Why you don't hang with them no more? If y'all, if y'allre tight like that, you wouldn't be trying to hang with me.
Speaker 5: He every day? What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Then you'll start processing shit different, you know what I'm saying. And then you start probably saying processing shit different and start helping you out in your street business. Now you're standing away from police. Now you ain't getting for this. Now you ain't getting raw. Now, niggas ain't lying to you now your circle type. But niggas don't understand it because they ain't real within themselves. That's why niggas try to do all this other music and try to be hard on music and really hard. A lot of these niggas do the pump your ship up in the mirror beat that niggas after tomorrow when I get to school, Yeah, woman, beat that nigga hit boo boom, boom boom, and you keep telling yourself that in the mirror, you gonna think that shit in your head and that would you rapid be doing. So that's why these niggas don't be theyself because that's not them in real life.
Speaker 5: M you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Clip that one up? Okay, question man, it's two plays.
Speaker 2: It's the poll that I see right here, and it's the pile that I never see Desy begs Pola.
Speaker 5: Is he talking to you?
Speaker 1: Is he talking about you? Was it? Were you the inspiration? I never asked him this. You know what is that a name that he just?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I only know one.
Speaker 5: Man, Daisy Well. I don't know if somebody names they got.
Speaker 1: It from me, that's and if I ain't.
Speaker 4: If I ain't, and if if I'm lying, prove me wrong. If you can name a Pola before two thousand and three, tell me away.
Speaker 1: I've never better p you the one that I never see.
Speaker 4: That it might be out there, but for me, the baby, the baby brothers, I'm a baby brothers.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. But I never even asked Daisy. You know what I'm saying that I think.
Speaker 1: It should I think it should be a play revealed one day.
Speaker 5: It's you. You know what I'm saying. So he's saying sound like me, though I'm saying I was five.
Speaker 3: I thought he got his.
Speaker 4: He probably did. I never listen there. There's no other partlays and I'm not saying he did. But everything that he subscribed describing everybody.
Speaker 5: Who know me is be like that. He can't be taught.
Speaker 4: If he's saying that name and describing it like that, that can't be there.
Speaker 5: But one person. You know what I'm saying. But I talked to Daisy day pull up. You know what I'm saying. I don't have a few events, Dizzy. Don't pulled up too.
Speaker 4: I never see I had homies. It was just like bro he gotta stop saying your name. Bro, he gotta pay homage. And you know what I'm saying. I was like, Bro, a you doing.
Speaker 1: Comedy though he ain't saying nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: It ain't that, it's just like he but he getting all these views that he wanted anything to put you in the video Poloy in my home. Now Homies is telling me like, no, but he can't. But he but he told you, but he approved it with you, Bro, I'm like, no, Bro, like Bro, he finished start for what Bro? If you do any if he doing anything else, it helps me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I feel that way, he feel that way I want.
Speaker 5: I don't want tripping off of it. Bro.
Speaker 4: Like Bro, then he from Alma, do your thing. Dog, I ain't see, I ain't no, ain't nothing nigga. I'm gonna keep it one thout.
Speaker 1: I respect you.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna hate bruh. If you laying your lane, you might be cool, but you might be laying you see what I'm saying. That's a possibility.
Speaker 4: I understand that I got Homies out hanging with who about no street life?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And if anybody was to try to do something else with street shit. I'm gonna come to the defense. You know what I'm saying. I'm a o g like I'm in every true sense of it. You know what I'm saying. And I know people do a lot of talking, and I just sometimes you gotta know what. You gotta know what, you gotta know what. The we ain't got, bro, You know what I'm saying, And I just been you know when your mama gonna do something, when she's not gonna do something, she gonna take.
Speaker 1: Your motherfucking beat t hell and I get the fuck out, but got their face.
Speaker 4: Then ten minutes later, come on up here and get it. You know when your granddaddy tell you that. You know, you see what I'm saying. You people know how to gaze that ship. You know what I'm saying. But nah, man, the niggas ain't Instagram.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Now, we had we had a come by a couple of our DJ Pottinger is up here and we had a DJ episode called Respect the DJ, and it went viral. It's still going viral right now on our pages. At the ball Or show, you know, we talked about plethora of things from you know DJ's burning, other DJs female DJs, that that episode is gonna be fired to. We got a female DJ episode, and we got a Bottle Girl episode two one that's gonna be good, and we gonna have a strip or two one in particular, because I saw I saw I saw it on your page. You know, I follow you man and.
Speaker 1: On Instagram. He said, I don't know. I don't think DJ's break records no more in the clubs.
Speaker 5: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't think DJ's break records in the clubs. Now, I were busy at the time, but I was gonna I was gonna go back and forth with you about it because I still think DJs do. I just think it's different. But I kind of would like to elaborate a little bit one time for Cadife.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know you had a conversation with Cadife and Bankhead, and yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to get all the different perspectives, which I think was respectable.
Speaker 2: You have the radio, you had the DJ that's all in the radio, and you have the label.
Speaker 1: The label, then you had.
Speaker 2: You you know what I'm saying, as artists, everything that you got going on, But why do you feel that way?
Speaker 5: See I let me tell you why I said this.
Speaker 4: I be real direct and I and I understand how it's perceived because I understand that how the conversation will happened last, especially in line with little down or of course remember that, remember that at twenty twenty, Like I didn't, I wasn't really in tune. But I mean, you get on sood videos, so I understand what was going on. I don't know to the detail, so I understand me saying this is kind of like pulling the band aid off of womb, even though it's not the same womb for sure, you know what I'm saying, And so it rupted a lot of feelings. But I was di rittened on what I said. I said, don't know, DJ break records, no more. Don't know DJs play no records eight times in the club.
Speaker 5: No more. They don't do that three days.
Speaker 4: Don't come and play the record, play the play the record, the hook on the play the hook on the record at the beginning of the night, then bring it back, play the whole song, probably play the hook again, drop it and the song. In the middle of the club starting to get popped, everybody going to get their drinks and doing that. Now he gonna spind it. He gonna play the whole hook, the whole verse, he gonna bring it back, play the whole song again, and then when the song get popped out, he gonna do that again. He gonna do that every night to your programming in your head. And now you're like, that's.
Speaker 1: A hit, right. But I'm not speaking for all DJs, because I do DJ.
Speaker 2: I gotta feel like doing that. A song has to move me enough to make me say I'm going to do that. I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: That whether you you you like it or you don't like it.
Speaker 2: I agree, And I'm not speaking for all DJs or speaking for myself. I haven't heard a song that made me want to do that in a long time. If I hear a song that makes me want to do that, I will do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you feel that catches my opinions.
Speaker 5: But you you have a resume for doing that. Okay, so you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't can yourself, Like I said, Okay.
Speaker 4: A lot of time when we like it's like it's like if somebody came came, if it's like ten offs in here, somebody came in and say I'd be all y'all, lass, I'm not finna jump up and be.
Speaker 5: Like who you talking to? You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 4: So a lot of times, like I just said, sometimes you have to learn and know how to tune certain shit out right, you know what I'm saying. It's like a nigga say, if motherfuckers say, don't nobody trap no more, I'll be like, well you dead.
Speaker 5: That ain't right. I can name you twenty trap nigga right now, I can take I can go to twenty.
Speaker 4: Trap spot right now and the old school trapping, but don't nobody trap no more? I understand that. You see what I'm saying. So I wouldn't be like, oh shit, niggas still trapping. Because generally it's true statement.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when I say that, I mean it because general is a true statement. Because if it was somebody breaking records, who was a record breaker, like Montay said, you got vibers, you got tone setters, you got people keep the cloud right, then you got openers. Then he was naming them, but he was like one no, he was like, and then you got record breakers. You know what I'm saying. If it was a record breaker. Everybody in the industry, I know who the fuck he is, and they'd be like him. You know how I know because everybody came to DJ t Rock.
Speaker 5: I was there.
Speaker 4: I witnessed it. I watched it happen. I watched it happen when nobody would know what was going on. I watched it when it started getting big. I watched it when it got big. I watched it when it flourished. I watched every song that came up hit in the pool Palace. But get a get a deal. I watched it, So can't nobody tell me nothing. I experienced it, and I experienced every record label, every every record label from big and small, say I have to take my record and my artist to the pool Palace. I watched it, so I can't. I can't determine how somebody else do it. I know that's how it happened, and I've seen it happen. I have seen t Rock go a whole night and play nothing but songs you never heard, and every night everybody's going crazy. I seen it, so if it was a record breaker, everybody would know what it was. When I'm on the call with with Cadi fe Bankhead Money I said, well, breaking records. Who are you taking a record right now? Everybody said, uh, ain't no record breakers?
Speaker 6: Damn Well, you know you know another thing too. I think that a lot of DJ's are afraid to play the new records.
Speaker 3: It's now.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong, No, no, it is.
Speaker 1: You don't like the word afraid.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you why I agree with him because t Rock went through this, so I understand this too. You know what I'm saying, And now I know it's other factors. So I'm not saying that this is just like.
Speaker 1: You guys because I'm over here, especially in the top top is not afraid.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. But it's not so I'm not. When I said that, I wasn't saying that in this entirety.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 5: I was just talking about directly. Club don't do that no more.
Speaker 4: I understand the radio, in the in social media, TikTok, I'd stand that that plays the part.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, even though I still feel.
Speaker 4: Like there's no excuse for it. You know what I'm saying, Atlanta hasn't.
Speaker 5: We don't. We don't have a chartered artist or new artist in the past two years. It's a problem.
Speaker 1: I said that.
Speaker 5: Though it's a problem.
Speaker 3: I noticed that too.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: We have four five every year because every year and because not to interrupt, I'm gonna let you finish, because Memphis has it right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, Detroit even had a couple. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everybody comes down here to get it.
Speaker 2: And they come here to get it, to come here to you what I'm saying, they come here.
Speaker 1: We got the number one set of producers in the country for sure.
Speaker 6: And I mean we we we do what I will say, We do have DJs that do support artists, and that's what I really say.
Speaker 2: Definitely do he said, support, Definitely do definitely right, Yeah, because like you go to other.
Speaker 5: Cities, right and I'm included. I'm include right, I'm included in that, you know what I'm saying. So I do. So that's why I say I wasn't saying.
Speaker 4: DJ's is not important. I want saying DJ I want listen I said this that, don't start. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't say I said, because I can stand.
Speaker 2: That's a trigger that's a trigger for a lot of DJs. I can say because yes, but it's just a trigger.
Speaker 5: And that's why I understand.
Speaker 4: So that's why I ain't approaching it like I because I can have the conversation with you. I know it's a lot of fact. It's like to bet what he's saying. It's a fear factor because it's one like DJ t Rock broke all on records. Did he get the recognition nor the funds? No, he should have got all he contributed. That's why DJs are scared. That's why I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Why I don't want to say scared hesitant.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you why I can I like to, I can go, I can go for I understand that hesitant word choices really be because only because the choice.
Speaker 2: The reason why I want to say hesitant, because I myself and Fly got DC broke a lot of records on the radio.
Speaker 1: I learned that from Greg Street.
Speaker 2: Greg Street taught me and taught me particularly how the great records on the radio, which you basically don't even happen right now anymore anymore.
Speaker 1: Little Baby, my dog.
Speaker 2: I took six songs out and we played that shit for twenty five minutes straight on the radio, got suspended for a whole week job.
Speaker 1: I was job. We were scared. I say that to say, because I mean, ain't nothing really happened for me after that. I just was like, oh, okay, you know did the same thing.
Speaker 2: Megan Study did the same thing, the Red Shawan did the same thing for Rddy Rich did the same thing for Jack Harlow, did the same thing.
Speaker 1: For all these artists. And I didn't really get no benefit out of it.
Speaker 2: It was like, it was cool my name got mentioned in the Complex magazine a few times, but it's nothing life changing.
Speaker 5: It didn't do like I got the key, I gotta fix it that.
Speaker 1: It didn't really like you know.
Speaker 4: The merger, the merger to both the both is is and I think this is where we struggled in our black culture. We be scared to take care of business. HM were scared to talk up front business because we be scared of.
Speaker 5: We don't want the fuck the ARPORTU for sure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Only thing you motherfucker I do is say hey, parlay, listen and put my job online for going to break their motherfucker boy.
Speaker 5: What we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Hey, boy, shit, I need fifteen percent whatever you make on your fuck what it is? Fifteen five two fifty five? Mea, I need fifteen This is the crazy thing, is what are you willing to do that?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Let me say yeah, and you say, okay, listen, let's see the lawyer down, draw the contract up, and I'm this one off finish. I can guarantee this one I'm finna do and now it's in contract.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This is my only argument to that.
Speaker 2: I can I can name maybe one hundred other things that I tried to do the same way right where we try to break records and shit and the record don't take off. It's really like a play in the lottery, bro. But so guess sometimes I don't know what's gonna go. I'm just gonna treat it exactly the same and do my best to break it. But this or add my part to it. But that's a lot of conversations to have, though, what I'm saying when we in the moment, Because I mean, if you have a record, you a record both on five g's what hey, bro, Thursday, I got you, Friday, I got you Saturday, I may have another one.
Speaker 1: Sunday may have another one. That's what I'm saying. Like it's a lot, I'm just in the feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm in the moment. I'm in the moment, and like I'm in the moment, I'm feeling it. It's a feeling. Breaking the record to me is a feeling. I have to really say, I don't what none of y'all talking about or saying I like this song and I want you to like it too eventually, but we don't know if it's gonna.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, you to learn how to work it into what you don't You don't even know breaking the record.
Speaker 1: We don't know you're breaking the record.
Speaker 3: Don't even know you're breaking the record.
Speaker 6: About time you break the record, already got the deal, everything everybody else has changed already.
Speaker 1: Let me running over time get it. Let me also say this, one person can't break the record. It takes a village.
Speaker 2: One person can start it, and other people start coming on and then we can do.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a collective thing.
Speaker 5: But but but it go like this BT broke it.
Speaker 4: That Libra for sure, how they broke it at the pool passage? Uh uh Rory broke it that city, like at the core, he broke it here these all the these days, the respond.
Speaker 2: And you respect the ones that are like the top tier because they have that ear to want to play it first.
Speaker 3: But the problem is who's gonna get the credit?
Speaker 2: Everybody gets, everybody get the credit. I've been a part of some ship. So because you have to do it like that, you have to get big back. Then you take it the t rock.
Speaker 4: It plays on the pool palast right, but you have to take it to Libra. You have to have to take it to have to take it the swamp and you have to take it that you have to take to the club.
Speaker 5: Still, you gotta take them to the one.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, I know records that are being broken right now, and that's R and B Records. R by the way, By the way, Sonney Long won a Grammy made for me and she said on our show that it was broke at my party.
Speaker 1: R and B R and B Wednesdays.
Speaker 3: Yes, we played it.
Speaker 6: We play it first, and we kept playing it, and we kept playing it and we kept playing.
Speaker 3: That's what we pay.
Speaker 4: We said this off game relationship said off relationship and.
Speaker 2: Way way wait wait, wait, isn't that slick the only party? Right, I'm talking about party. I'm talking about party, bro. Right, you go there, you know you're gonna dance, sing and have a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you felt like that? In Atlanta? Because we're just staring at each other, even if it's a big party together.
Speaker 3: And if you think about it, what party do you go to where you like?
Speaker 6: Ladies of R and B is a destination, right, Every R and B, every label, every label knows they're gonna bring the R and B artist there, Like Leon Thomas.
Speaker 5: I know, I know about him.
Speaker 6: Before his music started bubbling, So he just randomly popped up in the club.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Yo, we gotta play his album.
Speaker 1: I'm about to fuck y'all up. Check this out.
Speaker 2: You got You have a kid saying similarities of mine. My baby twenty one and she don't want to go out. I said, baby, I was in the club.
Speaker 1: I was in the club nineteen. She her and her friends and the homegirls go to house parties and go vibe out. They go to restaurants. They do not go to clubs.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: A lot of the people and I think it's Beta generation, not gen Z.
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers not going to the club.
Speaker 1: Bro, the mother are not going to the club. They're bowl lives.
Speaker 2: They're doing other ship one time for the court because the court still has that Atlanta and beyond in the Atlanta vibes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And you gotta like you going there. You literally going there with one hundred dollars and have an amazing time. Bro.
Speaker 5: For sure, for sure, it's.
Speaker 1: Valet, might be forty the valet. It's maybe sometimes.
Speaker 2: So we gotta go, we gotta go. But I'm gonna say this, Bro, I don't I never shit, I never hit them with. I'm ferrari. I pay to get in it wherever I go, because I it's business money.
Speaker 3: You don't get at my party.
Speaker 1: There's your party, forget me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't charge I wouldn't charge you because anyway a part forty dollars get in drinks.
Speaker 1: At the bar. If it's my homegirls with me, my wife coming with.
Speaker 2: But I don't let my wife come. She she's we're super good. I'm spending way too much money. I'm spending way too much money.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: I could have went to a bar, free parking, free entry, and drinks is eight dollars a pot what you could have You.
Speaker 3: Could have went to another establishment, had a time. But but listen, I would I would, I would say this, and I always say this.
Speaker 1: Why is Valet charging one hundred dollars? We gotta get these Valet people in here. Hey, look, ball er interview. We gotta talk to this value.
Speaker 3: We definitely about talking to these value.
Speaker 1: Set it up, bro, because we gotta talked to value. I went, I went to We gotta talk to Valet.
Speaker 3: We get to the control. We went to We went to tongue and groove, right.
Speaker 1: We gotta get to the bottom of this parking twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: I went one block away to a club.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say Dave Valet wanted a hundred dollars, and I said, it's more people.
Speaker 1: About to fight. These motherfuckers. Are y'all talking about them? Person, I'll be about to fight Valet. I'll be over here, like, how the funk the nerve of you? I'll be trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: They see me, they like, you're about to pay you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you why though, think about this. What you're saying is totally right until you put the shoes on.
Speaker 5: Cars up.
Speaker 1: You want to pay I should got to sit in the front.
Speaker 4: So you want to pay a hundred dollars? Yeah, because it's packing. You want to go in here, but your car gotta go back down, so you want to pay the hundred straight bront want to pay the twin and be like, hey, I ain't look better?
Speaker 3: You know, you know, you know what I want.
Speaker 1: That's why I said, when I go to the mall, it's ten dollars to park in the front of the mall.
Speaker 3: Exactly, damn. And what it's five thousand people in the mall.
Speaker 4: The Lamborghini truck, but theyre going to They definitely going to the club because they know you're in the party.
Speaker 3: But look this, this, this is what I would like. I would like for us to just not have val A.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have set it up.
Speaker 3: What if we didn't have val A and the and this is John.
Speaker 5: Webb first serve that made people get there, like what exactly.
Speaker 1: Exactly gotta man we got we gotta go give him some shout outs? What you got going on? What you got coming up on?
Speaker 5: Shot? At my shot? My wife shout out to the wife.
Speaker 1: Man, we didn't really get to you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, my artist, holler hood one r p m uh one. Shot at Kuavo. You know we just starting off season seven v seven. To start this season, shot my baby boy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, My son something fastest fast kid and his and Georgian fastest kid in history of what what does he run?
Speaker 5: He run one hundred into two hundred and we was talking off camera.
Speaker 1: He don't even care. He he won't play football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, football, he like it, but football football. So you know what I'm saying, y'all get ready to see him in Georgia. This is coming up your You know what I'm saying, Uh yeah, you know, like everything everything shot in my boy, pimp. You know what I'm saying, go dog got You know what I'm saying, Put what up?
Speaker 6: You know we'll have We're gonna have gotta come on the show to doing good.
Speaker 1: I want I want you. I want you to come as often as possible.
Speaker 6: I still booked time up. Yes, I like that routine should be. I'm doing boys be gone. I've been talking to people that we we just got a wire.
Speaker 3: The building.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. He's definitely a friend of the show. We'll have him off on as often as possible. Anything else be Tao good.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you said you man Ball Alert