Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna and Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome to you, and that's what you really miss podcasts, Ask me anything.
Speaker 2: Today is a very special day because I think this is like some of our favorite stuff. We get to answer all of your questions, so many questions you submitted on our Instagram. Thanks for writing in. We love it, We love doing this. Thank you for taking the time for being thoughtful. So let's just hop into this, shall we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin, there's so many that I'm literally just gonna scroll down and just pick the first one. I'm just gonna stop somewhere like Russian Roulette for this first one. Okay, great, Okay, give it to us. All right, let's see who would break character the most and least.
Speaker 2: You know, people were pretty good at not breaking I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, we don't. I don't know that we had a lot of people break No.
Speaker 2: I would probably say, for the absurdity of her lines, Jane never really broke right.
Speaker 1: She would even in character when she'd do like let me say that again, and just do it again, she'd staying in that same voice. I think when we didn't have a lot of people who broke, like often it was like if one person broke though, everybody would go. It was kind of like the trickle effect, like if if the room went, we all went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone went down together. Yeah, it's very true. Okay, I want to know if you sing the whole song when you filmed a scene and then they cut it for TV. So sometimes and we never filmed the entire song. No, we recorded an entire song and then we shot to an edited form of that, which was usually like a verse chorus, bridge chorus type thing TV edit, the American Idol edit. But sometimes even then it would get chopped down to an even shorter version, so some of what we filmed would not actually make it in if they were short on time for the episode.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, that is right. Yes. Were you able to have a say in which songs you sang on tour? Somewhat somewhat right? Yeah. For me, there was an encore situation, and I have to say all the Glee ladies really fought for me to be able to do safety dance, to get up and dance on tour because it was really important for all of us to stay in character. So I was in the wheelchair, but because we were going on this big arena tour, upgraded from the previous tour. Ryan Ryan basically made the set list, and then when it came to the encore, he came into our green room during rehearsals in Vegas and said, let's put it to a vote. And I was really nervous because all the girls that sort of been plotting of like we're gonna we're gonna get you to do safety Dance, and you guys really spoke up, and you know, we weren't used to being in the position to like speak up to Ryan and suggest things. This was his baby, but tor felt a little different. Yeah, and you all voted, and Ryan did not seem too hot on doing safety Safety Dance. You're right, he didn't. I think he was concerned because of the outreach and the outpouring of people, you know, handiceping, people who were really feely represented and we wanted to stay in character, and I think he was nervous about it, probably, Yeah. But also the encore, because it was the encore. I think the girls felt like the show was set. The encore was kind of like this extra thing where we knew a couple of numbers, like New York state of mind was going to be in there. And then there were a couple of other things that were like Ryan was like, talk to me about this, let's talk about the oncre what would be fun? What do we think the people will want? Like kind of thing. And I think that's why we felt like we had the agency just to speak up, was because it felt like a real conversation that, like theoncar could go many ways, which I remember really riding really pushed back on it, and we really pushed back on it on it as well. We were like, we really want safety dance. We all got to be in it. We all wanted you to be dancing, and and it worked.
Speaker 2: I totally worked. Yeah. I was sitting there. I will never forget it. I remember where you were sitting. I remember where I was sitting. I was like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, because you guys were all speaking up and.
Speaker 3: Like we had never done that right, right, And I really also earlier that day, so Dana Walden, who is now the president of Disney Television or something, she was the head of Fox Studio then or network is a network studio I don't know one of them, and she came to visit and we were talking about how the rehearsal was going, and Ryan was like, well, p.
Speaker 1: YT might get cut. I was like, really, it's my only song.
Speaker 2: I think we just have different tastes in music, right, And so, you know, the things that were important to him were not important to me, and the things are important to me were not important to him sort of thing. So I was in the midst of all of this is like, I may have no songs on this tour, and then I went from having no songs to basically running the entire encore.
Speaker 1: Literally the whole thing. Do you remember? True Colors was also not in the encore. No, but it did get added in. How did it get added in? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Nya was sick in London and that's when Amber did River Deep by herself, which is crazy, that's and she sang both parts. It was really didn't miss an ad lib. We were sitting back there like, oh my god, because she didn't really have any time to rehearse it. That's right, but you know she's.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so right.
Speaker 2: And then we added in True Colors and it was I have a picture of you rehearsing it in that empty two arena.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well, yes too. And it was the only song the band got to play live on the entire tour. Really, we didn't have a track for it because it wasn't in the list.
Speaker 2: On the list, and it's not to say the band wasn't playing live. There were pre recorded parts in each song as the band is playing along list.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it was the only fully unrehearsed, no help, no track, nothing, that we sang completely live, which was really really fun.
Speaker 2: Do you remember in Chicago during pyt the backgrounds started playing at the wrong time. I thought they went out, Yes, it was something on the pre recorded parts started playing at the incorrect time, and I'm looking around on either side of me to the band, like that's going on, and I just kept singing over it, and then the guy who was in charge of the playback was I felt so bad afterwards, like it's fine, but those things happened like that also thing never happened. That was the only time that ever happened. Like whatever, it's all good. But I remember sitting up there being like, does anyone want to because our music director, Chris Polly, he could speak to us in our in your monitors does in case something happened, Yeah, something happened. He would you'd all of a sudden hear this voice in your ear and you could communicate with this. I was like Chris anything else. I just started like grunting, like god stop.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. I remember hearing something weird because we're down below at that point, and when something goes awry or goes off from what you're used to hearing every night, you're like, something's weird. Something's happening right now. You're like, what's going on? It was a matinee. I blame the matinee. Oh man, these are always a little rough. What was your favorite on location destination? New York? I mean going to New York. Yeah.
Speaker 2: New York was great. It was chaos, but it was really really fun.
Speaker 1: Okay. So one said I saw TikTok saying Jenna once had a crush on Kevin. Is this true? Oh my gosh, of course it was. We've talked about this before, Yeah it was. I did. I went to see you perform with NLT, and my little lady parts got all crazy and.
Speaker 3: No, no, not little lady parts.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no, I'm sweating. Oh my god, No, I you know, it's like it's like I remember being in high school or being so young, and like every in every situation, you're like, where's the person, where's my person? Yes, and luckily you were still my person, just not that way. Yeah it was a platonic person. Yeah, totally. But in high school you're always like, but could it be you know, you're just so hopeful. I don't know what that is. Maybe society making us feel like we have to be in love all the time, but or my home runs were raging. I don't know. It was probably both. We were all, yeah, it's all exciting and new and all these fresh blood. We'd love to call it. The next question was who hooked up? That's the only thing that they asked, is top.
Speaker 2: It's easier to answer who didn't. If Glee were to do Harry styles, what songs would you want and who would sing it?
Speaker 1: I think we could do a whole Harry's House episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I mean as it was, would have to be on it, and I think so many people would sound great singing that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear amberssing it. I mean I'd like to hear amberssing anything. Yeah, there you go. What was your favorite character swap in props? Oh? This is so hard. Oh man, I might have said this before, but I think the Diana Diana, Yeah and Sugar switch Yeah, Quinn and Sugar. You watch Diana play Vanessa. Vanessa is just such a character on her own to like like to watch somebody do it so well and so good. It was so good, I will say your yours and nyas is also very hard to not laugh at when we had that scene with the two of you and she's in the wheelchair and you have the pony. How many times do we have to do that? Because I feel like I could not. I had to close my eyes to do that scene.
Speaker 2: A few times, quite a bit. But I was I was really fighting to be in a skirt. I wanted the full thing, but Ryan was against it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think they thought it would be too distracting. Really good, Yeah, I don't know. I really was trying.
Speaker 1: Do you think you should have done it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really wanted everything, But you know it's okay. Has doing this podcast been what you expected? Good surprises, hard moments.
Speaker 1: Great surprises. I think this has been really great. I think Ryan's at the tone for us which we weren't expecting or we didn't ask for it, in really like allowing us to kind of have the space to be honest about our experience but also share with you all the good things that came along with a show that like get overshadowed all the time. But that's not really a surprise. I think it was like, how therapeutic this has been and how honest we have been able to be has been surprising to me.
Speaker 2: What's been surprising to me is how meaningful it's been for some of the crew and cast to come on and share their positive you know, echoing what you said, like share their positive experiences because I think understandably the show left a lot of people uncertain how to feel because we experienced so many high highs and we experienced quite a few very low lows, and you know, negativity and sadness can sometimes be the overwhelming I think feeling that you can gravitate towards. And it's been really positively reaffirming for us that, you know, after we've had a couple of the cast and crew on, they've texted us separately to just thank us, and also has helped them reframe how they see the show and honestly, that selfishly has been our intention for ourselves, right and Ryan when we first mentioned it to him, and it's been It's meant a lot to us that people have trusted us to come on and speak openly about that, and it's been a very very fun experience so far. Oh yeah, I have to say, yeah, I hope everyone listening is enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I don't think there has been any real hard parts. Yeah, no, not yet. There's some times. Yeah, somebody said, this is not a question. I went to a Glea Soul cycle ride yesterday. It was the best forty five minutes. I gotta tell you, I would enjoy that. That sounds actually good. I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many songs to choose from.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't Jenna think Rocky Horror is what? I was just to ask, Yeah, Jenna, why don't you think Rocky Horror is a musical? I take it back, I I I've done. I've gotten enough backlash from the Rocky Horror episode. But people do agree with me that Daisy Jones and the Six is a TV show about music that I understand. Rocky Horror is a musical. I it is a musical. I'm not clearing that up. Yeah, yeah, I stand corrected. Correct yourself, correct yourself. Which cast members are most like their characters and which are opposites. That's a good question, I would say, in the non creepy ways. It's not a good way to start this.
Speaker 2: Matt Morrison is like so kind and welcoming and really just about making sure everybody is like having a good time and chill. And then that way, it reminded me of Shoe because we did look to him, probably because he was playing our teacher. Yeah, he was like our sort of like adult leader leader around us, And yeah, it was similar in that way.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I definitely agree. I think there are parts of us in all of our characters. Yeah, but the best and the worst. But yeah, I agree. I think there was that very caring, deep caring part of Matt. But I don't think anyone was really like to a tea too similar Yeah to the character. Actually, do you wish that Tina and Artie relationship lasted longer on the show someone didn't finish the series. I wish there was more Lady and Tina throughout, like relationship wise, because yes, full circle, we do come around spoiler alert, But yeah, you off, you go off and date a ton of other people. So mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What are some of your favorite outfits on the show. Oh, my goodness, all of Emma's wardrobe. Emma Pillsbury's wardrobe was just and I do I love as insane. As insane as it is. I think that Adidas wedding dress on suis gesture, It is incredible.
Speaker 1: You also really liked Kurt's clothes. You always would be like, can I have this? Can I have this?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll never forget. And when I think about that, I think about how when Alexander McQueen died in Blue, costume designer put Kurt and all Alexander McQueen for that entire episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, like a silent dedication to him, which was really sweet. I have to say, there are some teena looks that I really liked. Oh yeah, some of those are incredible. Some of them were really annoying.
Speaker 2: Fashion is pain Jenna, Yeah whatever, Diana memory, Oh my god, where do you start?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Going on tour with Diana was like a lot of fun. She is so much fun and the sweetest person on the planet. And I feel like going out with her in some of those cities to go like just explore and having those she loves to do that, like sitting down in a random town at like a random meal with Diana.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell a Diana story. So this is Diana in a nutshell. We went to Australia. So first she's like, you, guys, let's go to New Zealand while we're here. And I'm like, what are you talking if we just got to Australia. She's like, it's like just a plane ride. Let's go. It's like five or six hours. Yeah. I was like, that's far Diana for one day. She and that's Diana. She's like, okay. She's like then she's like, oh my god. The concierge told me that there are penguins and they come out like at the crack of dawn or at sunset, I can't remember which one. And you take like an hour bus ride and you go and you sit there in silence and you wait for the penguins to come out. And she went by herself, didn't she. Yeah, I was gonna go with her. I think you and I were going to go with her, and we were like, feels like a long time to be waiting for penguins. As much as I love penguins, I was like, I'm not sure that that's the trip I want to do right now. And she went by herself at the height of glee, just went by herself and waited for those penguins and saw those penguins do their little march.
Speaker 2: She doesn't give a shit. She will do whatever she wants, so go on her little adventure. And I'm always I admire her fence.
Speaker 1: It's just the cutest.
Speaker 2: How crazy was it shifting into a new dynamic in season four with the new cast?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that crazy, right, Well, it was weird. It was. It was different that the shift happened. There was weird shift. It was different because Kevin and I were then junior staying in school, and then all of our people went to New York. Yeah, and we were like, where did everybody go? Yeah? It was like everybody was so nice and they are all so sweet, and it happened. The shift happened quick. I remember that it was like, okay, cool, we're all in the same We're on the same team here. But it was a big move, and I remember being envious of them in many ways because of our old friends, because they got to go to a whole new set, they got new storylines, they got to go to New York. Like it was refreshing, right, you get to do something new, almost like a different show. Whereas we were still in the choir room and I was like, here we are, Thank god Kevin's still here, thank god Cort still here. And I felt like and then the kids started to like look to us, which was really sweet, you know what I mean, Like it was like we were the elders. We were the elders, and it was kind of fun. It was like this is how it goes, but we're just gonna be nice to everybody. And we had some really really fun times with them.
Speaker 3: In the beginning.
Speaker 1: I remember being like, this is your initiation and welcome, right, Yeah, and then we all bonded really really fast, which was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lucked out because you never know what personalities are going to get thrown into the mix, and especially like when you've been there a long time and you feel very comfortable with how things are throwing in that much new energy and blood, Yeah, to be risky and it was really lucked out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we lucked out to the end. Okay, what a joy we had with these guys. Anyway, now you go on forever about this little lifelong friend. You know, first, I love them. I miss Jacob Artists so much. Jesus lost. Yes, I didn't have to have We're gonna have to have them on. I don't even remember what number it was. The entire entire interview as his impression of you, it was shout lost, love them, Oh my god, oh god, what a fun time.
Speaker 2: Was it hard to transition from a very busy schedule to a less busy schedule and Glee ended.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I moved to New York. Yeah, I was like, I gotta get out, and I kept I kept moving. So I think I was just kind of in denial of the show being over and kept moving. But yes, it was very strange to be working and not be working only and have a much easier schedule. Yeah, what did you feel?
Speaker 2: I immediately went to London to go to do a TV show and I missed the rap party.
Speaker 1: I do regret some of that. That sucked.
Speaker 2: At the time, I was like, whatever, you know, we had to like mentally prepare ourselves that this thing is coming to an end. So it was sort of like prepare yourself to do other things. Yeah, And I was so like amped up to do other things because we couldn't really do other things for like seven years leading up to that, and so I was very gung ho about it. But I do wish I wasn't as gung ho about it.
Speaker 1: I think we all felt that way. I think we all reacted that way.
Speaker 2: I didn't really feel it until about a year or two afterwards because I worked basically through the next year and a half yes, Monday London most of the time, and then it was that was already set up, so and the things that were already set up ended, they're like, oh wait, now what do we do?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wasn't until like twenty seventeen, but I was like, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Hm, oh, fully, it's a weird, weird sort of like come down. Yeah, you know, it's like, oh, let's let's check on these friendships that I maybe neglected for the past seven years.
Speaker 1: Already. And Kitty's relationship is because Kevin and Beckett are friends are besties? Is that why? I mean?
Speaker 2: No, we just everybody got put together because the writers wanted it. Yeah, it made it easy because we were such good friends. But we were all good friends, so we just you know, we were hired to be actors on the show to do the will of the writers, and so you just do it.
Speaker 1: Was it awkward to sing a song five inches away from someone's face, even especially of lip syncing. No, No, we were just so used to it. What has to happen for tell Him to see the light of day? I wish to listen to it someday. I don't know, Kevin, We're gonna have to ask Brian about that one. Yeah, should we? We should ask him about it? I should Okay, just release the unreleased songs of.
Speaker 2: Glee, Yeah, I think you and I we'll we'll have a dinner with Ryan. Let's plot this with the listeners, and we'll get back to We'll talk to Ryan about it and see what it will take to get some of those songs stage. Like Monster didn't get cleared, right, it didn't get cleared. We recorded it, but it didn't cleared. So like Monster didn't get cleared, so you can't release that. Tell Him was clear. We just never used it exactly. So any of the songs that were cleared with the artists, record labels, who ever owns the song, right. But also they would have to have been paid for right. So, as Glee no longer exists, is probably not a Glee budget for music to purchase those songs fair, So it'd have to be pre cleared and pre bought right. So we can never investigate. Maybe never, but we'll investigate. Oh my god, have you all seen the Glee porno?
Speaker 1: Low key? The song's kind of slapped. Have we talked about this? I don't know that we've talked about this on the show, but yes, we have seen. We have seen it. Unfortunately, we watched it together, we all, not just you and me, Kevin. Let's be clear.
Speaker 2: Yes, and somebody's trailer might have been my trailer, but I think Corey got it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had, I glanced, I had to walk away.
Speaker 2: We didn't watch the entire thing because once you get it, you get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it was there, we knew about it. I really felt like an honor. True, it's like a yeah, it was like mad it is doing it and so was SNL and porn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trospecta of making it always than.
Speaker 1: One and with that, I think let's wrap this up. Thanks for some great questions writing in. Hopefully we answered your question. Have fun googling whatever we just talked about. Yea, thank you again for listening. Thank you so much for writing in and caring. Hey, this has been so much fun for us. We'll do another one of these soon. We're trying to do them every month, so let's keep it going. Love you mean it, that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.