Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous La La Kent with my Ride and Die Jessica Walter, Hello everyone, Love a good sing song and true Hello, true and true.
Speaker 2: Love a good sing song and true as well.
Speaker 1: I can't I am over the moon today. Why we have Sophia Franklin on the podcast, Oh my God, so Fia with an.
Speaker 2: F Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I think people are going to be so excited because for a long time I have had people reach out being like, please get her on the podcast. We want to see your guys's dynamic. And she's coming to La and we're making it happen.
Speaker 2: Really exciting, and she's been I've heard she doesn't hold back.
Speaker 3: I love that, just like you kind of.
Speaker 1: You want to know something what I feel like. I hold back a little more than I used to. Oh yeah and yeah, And I don't know why, but there's something about me now where there are times where you know someone will be talking to me and saying something I don't like, and I take a beat. Jess she takes a beat, never taking a damn beat ever in my life. Yeah, And suddenly this year is all about the beats, all about the beats.
Speaker 2: Why do you think you take that beat? Now versus back then.
Speaker 1: I think because of Ocean. Yeah, yeah, I think she's softened me up quite a bit. Even this season. I've been you know, when people would come for me, you know, because they love to hold me to my past. Yeah, and I res of the right to evolve. Yes, we all should.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you're when I'm sitting there with a group of my friends and they want to talk to me about what I did five years ago, you lost me yawning, I'm yawning, sleeping, like, let's why are we going there? And then I think is my rebuttal going to change their mind? Probably not. So why waste my breath and your energy and my energy? Yeah, I have so many other things that are less boring, yeah, to be doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had we had the reunion.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Okay, you had the reunion.
Speaker 1: We had the reunion.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about that? The vander Pump Rules reunion season nine?
Speaker 1: You know, it was a strange feeling for me. Okay, I'm gonna spill some tea, let's hear it. I I finished the reunion. We're all wrapped up and good. And I didn't hear from one person on my cast, except for Raquel to say, hope you're doing okay? Right, That was very telling for me. For me, that was like, you know what, maybe things that you thought about. And I'm not saying that this group of my friends are bad people in any way. Just because I'm going through something doesn't mean the world stops. However, example, Tom Sandoval will post something about his Men's makeup line, and if I think the photo is fantastic that he posts, I sent him a text. I think it's important for people to know when you think something's cool or good. I think it's important for you to share, like, hey, I really liked that. I think you looked great. I think you did a great job. Yeah, the fact that you know my life has been turned upside down and maybe they don't know the ins and outs of it, but I was visibly upset on the reunion, okay, And for not one of them except for my little Bambi, to reach out and be like, just want to say I'm sorry for what you're going through, right, was like I said, eye opening.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, without giving too much away about what you talked about on the reunion things, is it safe to say things got emotional? And your cast members. It's not like they saw you and maybe everything seemed fine. Maybe things got emotional and you were hoping or even expecting some of your friends right to reach out to you, and that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen. And I want to sit here and say I'm okay with that. I'm obviously not okay with that. If the roles were reversed, I probably would have reached out and said, hey, how you doing. Yeah, just like I did too James. After the reunion, I checked in, you know, and for Raquel and James to be going through something pretty life altering as well, for Raquel to reach out and send like the sweetest text message in the world was like, meant everything to me. And you know, I've been on this show for six years. I've changed a lot as a person. No one can tell me otherwise. You can sit here and talk about what I do wrong all day long. I look in the mirror. I'm very self aware. There's not anyone on the planet who can tell me that I'm not. So when I think back on my time, I love it. It was the ultimate. It's been the ultimate mirror for me. But after that reunion you know, I sat back and thought, is this the space for me anymore? Or do we need to do some soul searching? And who knows, may not even be another season that comes out of this. Let's just say tomorrow they call and they say we've been picked up. I would take a big pause because I don't know if that's the space for me anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, Yeah, that's which is pretty huge for you to say. That's been so much of your life.
Speaker 1: It has been, Yeah, but during the one of the darkest times I've been in the darkest time I've been in since my dad passed away, for my friends to not check in on me was like taking a fucking bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, painful, I'm sure you know, yeah, And I'm sure that's hard not to put words into your mouth, But I'm just thinking of my own experiences and I haven't even gone through anything as close to what you're going through. But you're vulnerable, and that's hard in itself.
Speaker 1: You're vulnerable.
Speaker 2: You're speaking what you went through and you're showing look at this, my heart is like I'm literally holding it in front of you. And then to not maybe get the support or words that you were hoping it's I'm sure it can be.
Speaker 1: It'd be painful for anyone. Yeah, when you're looking at a group of people who you think are your friends. Yeah, and you're sitting here completely humbled by a situation, you know, just another life experience for me to grow from, to gain strength from. But really, I'm in a space where I feel I can be my most vulnerable and that's the reaction. And some of them wonder why I come in guns blazing. Well, there you go, because look at your reaction in my darkest time. It's not safe. Yeah, I'm not babied.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: So it was weird. I left. I left that reunion feeling not much resolve. I left feeling a bit alone and isolated, and just extremely thankful for you, for my mom, for Ocean, you know, like it really brought me back to what I feel is important, what I want out of life. Yeah, and I'll be forever grateful for vander Pump Rules, and I'll be forever grateful that we got to come back after a really crazy year of not knowing what was going to happen. I'm excited for people to see the reunion. I don't know how it really turned out. I mean I kind of felt like I was in a fog the whole time, right, But who knows. Yeah, I guess we'll see the universe back to the universe. I'm just gonna let it do its thing. Let it do its thing. It has never let me down.
Speaker 2: That's and that's huge. That's huge, especially now in moments where you're like, you be like, why did this happen? Why did that happen? I truly believe that it might be a month from now, it might be a year from now, it might be ten years from now. You'll look back at certain things that happened right now and you'll be like, oh my god, a wild that is why this happened. This led me to this, which led me to that. And I think that's great. It's great to have faith in the universe, whatever you believe, if you have a higher power, if not, it's just great to have that feeling of some sort of guidance.
Speaker 1: I love that word guidance, your guidance. Yeah, and not like not. People can only do so much for you as far as being an emotional support. You know, at some point you have to like draw the line and be like this needs to go into the hands of something much greater than all of us, right, and something that's not going to talk back, that's just going to do its thing, you know, right right, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that, you know, I'm sorry you did feel that way during the reunion, but I'm interested to see it. You know, I don't. I didn't get to see it, so I'm interested to see it and sort of see what you're referring to and.
Speaker 1: See not quite some time before it airs. Yeah, I mean I didn't. I don't even know what episode of vander Pump aired last night, because we got all of the episodes right so that we could be prepared for the reunion. So I to me, it's like season's done right.
Speaker 2: Well. On a positive note, you've said great things about all the episodes you've seen, I know. The only negative note is you're like, some things I said didn't age so well. But it sounds like the rest of the episodes are pretty pretty great.
Speaker 1: You know, taking out all the things that didn't age well. Yeah, I thought the season was great, great. Yeah, I'm excited to see the rest. I think people will enjoy it good. You know, it did look different, but we did the damn thing. M m yeah, and for that, I think we should all be very proud good you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I felt soft this season and really you're not soft. And I'm like, motherfucker, I am soft. You watched me from this season? Yeah, compared to other seasons, it's like night and day. That's why it's like, don't tell me that there's no change. I'm watching it in front of me, right.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: One not to bring up a past episode, but one thing I noticed where I'm gonna agree with you there is because I've seen past seasons of you when you were you guns blazon, oh way falls to the wall. I the one moment where I'm like, oh, damn, she's really changed is when you were at I forget whose party it was, but it was one of the first episodes and you said it was at night. I think you had just gotten into a little thing with Arianna and you said.
Speaker 1: I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 2: I've got a baby at home, I'm out, and you're just like, bye.
Speaker 1: Let me spill some tea on that real quick, hear it? Okay, So well, cameras didn't catch this. When I said that, Sandoval goes and there it is, wait meaning what like that? They probably knew, like Lala's gonna bring up the baby car that she's now a mom. And you know what, anyone who says baby doesn't change you, A baby changes you. Yeah, the second dive little babe comes out of your body, you are a different person. I wear that with pride. No one's going to take that away from me. Cut too. We go to Palm Springs. Sandoval comes over to me. I kid, you not looked him dead in his eyes? I said, Sandoval, if you ever give that reaction to me when I talk about my kid, I am a mama bear and I will put my paws on you. And he said, well, let's make a deal. No, no, no, no, there will be no deal made on my child. You give a reaction like that again referencing to my child, I will put my paws on you. I'm a mama bear. Let's not do that again.
Speaker 3: I know, Oh my god, you.
Speaker 1: Are right now. It's just making my blood boil.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's such a protecting. I love that. I love when I see parents and partners that are protective. I love mama bears because women don't mess with.
Speaker 1: That is my cub. I am a lion ass. I will fuck your shit up when it comes to my little ocean. I don't play it when it comes to her. I have fallen back a lot. I have made a lot of changes. Yeah, you come for my cub. It's feeding time, feeding time.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Well, on that not on that note.
Speaker 2: On that note, we have had some amazing people call in, okay and leave some voicemails. Are you interested and responding to some?
Speaker 1: I'm always interested, and we are going to start doing the voicemails the first segment every single episode because I love the voicemails. That's the whole reason why we do the podcast.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: You guys can call in at one eight sixty six, La La pod. Let's get the voicemails a rolling. Here we go, Hey.
Speaker 4: La La, my name is Haley Mellow and Jacksonville, Florida. I was just calling to ask you, if on your podcast, if you would like to give the listeners maybe some tips on self care, how to show yourself love, how you have made it through such a hard time in the public eye, what you do to take care of yourself. Do you meditate, do you do yoga? Do you, what do you do to make yourself happy? And how do you take care of your mental health? Let us know I'm a big fan. I've always watched vanderpupp Roles at the very beginning. So I will talk to youesday.
Speaker 1: I love this voicemail. Okay, so I think the first thing I don't want to say I used to be big on working out. I'm still big on working out. I've had a lot on my mind. Again, when Ocean was in the belly, I was advised to stay in the bed, don't work out. She was struggling, So I didn't get to work out during my pregnancy, but working out did does wonders for my mind. The body that comes along with it. I'm gonna be honest, like, yes, when I work out, I like my body better, but my diet doesn't really balance it out as well, you know, like yeah, as much as I was working out with my trainer, like I should have had a six pack, but Mama loves her like Dorito's. So the body was the bonus, but the mind was like, That's why I work out right now. I will say I cannot live without my baths. Oh the bath time where I leave my phone. I put in my little CBD bath salts from Tamra Judge's Life. This is the best shit ever Venna and Venna Yes so good. Yeah, by the way, I swear by it. Yeah, I posted about it. Yeah you did. And then right now I'm really into mindless television, which I shouldn't call it mindless, friends, It's mindless for me because I've seen it so many times that I could literally like close my eyes and know exactly the scene that's happening, or I could plug my ears and I would know what they were saying, like I just know, you know, ye, I put on my Venna cream that makes you feel all tingly and yummy. Oh and I just veg out and watch that show and my mind is very very clear. I do want to get on that yoga game though.
Speaker 2: Ooh yoga, So would you do?
Speaker 1: On that note? Would you do?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if the listener who called in Hayley does hot yoga? Have you ever done hot yoga?
Speaker 1: I did hot yoga once, you guys, and I literally passed out. Really, it's too hot in there, so hot, you get too hot. I can't do that, Jess. Yeah, when my body overheats like that. It's like timber, we're going down, you know, like, no, I cannot do that. Regular old yoga is good for me.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, Well that also I think.
Speaker 1: That people need to be like either having sex or masturbating. Oh there, you know everyone is the care. Yes. I love that you say that because it's like ooh masturbating and it's like no, No, self care is important. Yes, let's talk about the cookie, what it needs and what it does for us. Yeah, it's rub a dub dub two fingers in the tub.
Speaker 3: It's so important.
Speaker 2: It's so funny when I still see like magazines are online things referring to it as like you can be naughty.
Speaker 3: Why is that naughty? You're taking care of your body.
Speaker 1: It's not naughty and you're mine. I agree, I fully agree. Self care we're changing it, We're changing the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, take care of the vaginas and the penises, all of it, all of it.
Speaker 4: Love that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So next voicemail, Hi, La La.
Speaker 5: It's Brittney from Canada.
Speaker 1: I just got your book.
Speaker 5: And finished it and I was loving being able to get a in touch look of your life before vander Pump rules I'm just wondering if you can answer my question about how being a mom has changed you for the better and things that you didn't expect from having oceans. I look forward to you answering my question on the podcast. I listen every Wednesday. Thanks so much, Bye.
Speaker 1: I love her. Thank you for listening every Wednesday. And I'm so excited that I get to answer this question becoming a mom without sobbing my eyes out. The way that it changed me. It's like the hardest thing to explain how that little human changed me. I just in that moment, I feel like I became I became a woman. In that moment, I realized everything that was important. She just made me a better human being. It was more sensitive, My approach to life in different situations was completely different. Even though like I'm in this mess of whatever you want to call it. She brought back a hope into my life, an innocence. You know. I used to walk around and I was into like, oh, showing the body off and just acting this certain way and talking about the cookie and how we're to the pussy. And I still believe all of those things. But she made me realize that, like I have to create an environment for her that is safe and productive and all of these things that I used to do in my past. It was like, okay, like great, you were young. You didn't get it. When I see her face, I have to protect her at all costs. I see the beauty in the world, but I see the ugliness and I'll do anything I possibly can't protect her from that. That's what changed, you know. I see, like maybe, for example, like music videos that I may have looked at back in the day and been like, yes, bitch, that's amazing. I'm now like, why is this on the television? I have a little girl, and I don't want her seeing things like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, Yeah, I don't know yet, but I'm sure I will. I see you, No, I see you be Mama bear in just the moments I'm around you, and it's beautiful. And she's not even a year. Can you imagine when she's like walking and talking. I can't even it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be the most beautiful thing. It's amazing just to watch her change and like what she's noticing. And now you know, I see her watching me when I talk. I told my mom the cussing has to end. Yeah, you know, like, I'll be damned if my little girl here's those words. Yeah, and you know, I just I'm very protective of her environment now. I don't want any ugliness up in here. I don't want anything that is gross or nasty. Yeah, keep it outside. So that's beautiful, Thank you. I love that. On that sad but sweet and loving little note, We're gonna bring out the most unfiltered bitch in the world when we get When we come back, we have Sophia Franklin. Sophia's an f and she's about to give us Sofia. I can't wait. We'll be right back. What's up, my loves. We are back, and I have a guess that I've been like dying to have on Sofia with a motherfucking f.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get you on the podcast. You live in New York.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm what Let me rephrase that. I'm living in Utah right now, moving back to New York in the next few months.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're back in Utah.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 1: How is it?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you know how fucking Utah is. It's I'm living in my mom's basement. Okay, not that fun sounds safe though it's safe. It's safe for sure, but it's fucking.
Speaker 1: Utah, right, And once you've had like La or New York, it's hard to go back to that like small city. Where did you grow up in Utah?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Salt Lake City, Draper?
Speaker 1: Okay do you know?
Speaker 3: Draper?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Totally.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something just right off the bat and die laughing?
Speaker 1: Tell me so.
Speaker 3: I was texting one of my really good guy friends, like a sexual question, like, oh, like, do you like is your favorite sex position doggie or like blah blah blaha. For my show, I talk about those things and I like to ask straight mail, you know, to get their perspective right. And he's like on a trip with these other dudes and he's texting me back all these answers and he's like, well, my friends say their favorite position is when a girl's on her back, and like the dude is standing on the edge of the bed.
Speaker 1: Fucking her hat.
Speaker 3: Your little brother was one of the friends answering the questions.
Speaker 1: Wait, who was the dude you were texting.
Speaker 3: His name's Landon, Landon.
Speaker 1: He was here where we are right now?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're on a road trip.
Speaker 3: So but like it's too crazy, it's too crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, I know.
Speaker 3: So he's like saying, oh, my friends like like, you know, fucking a girl like this, blah blah blah. And then Alex, my cousin tells me, oh, that's La La Kent's little brother, answering those.
Speaker 1: Oh, so your brother likes it.
Speaker 3: He likes to hit it from the back girls, my lovely what I love it?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, you're fun. You're an open bug. I am tell me everything. Well, I mean, my family's very open, so I had I knew kind of what this sounds. So Strange's fine, we talk about sex and the family like whatever, okay, but not like this, no, like this. So I'm like, I think he's told me like that's and I'm like, okay, great, okay, perfects good because for some.
Speaker 3: People they'd be like, I don't want to fucking hear that. But it's just so funny.
Speaker 1: It's just sex though.
Speaker 3: Sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like not a big deal, right, not at all.
Speaker 3: My family is very open too. But I mean us coming.
Speaker 1: From Utah, were you born and raised Mormon?
Speaker 3: So oh a little bit. My mom very heavily raised Mormon, but then she threw me in private Catholic school, so.
Speaker 1: So she was like traumatized by Mormons.
Speaker 3: No, I think she just thought it would be a better education quotation marks. It's not, by the way, like public school would have been.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go to school? San Diego, Wan Diego? I remember the good JD.
Speaker 3: They had some wild parties. I know, it was all party people.
Speaker 1: It was all party people.
Speaker 3: That's why I have a problem now really, I mean not really, but like that's probably like where it started.
Speaker 1: It was all of the private schools that had the most partying because you threw a bunch of like people that came from money into one school and it was like, let's get it poppen.
Speaker 3: And it was the counter culture because public schools it was mostly Mormon kids, right, and then you take all the non Mormon kids and throw them into high school. So it's you know, radiacts like the movie.
Speaker 1: So then when did you decide Utah is not my thing? I'm headed to New York.
Speaker 3: I had a really bad breakup with my boyfriend at the time. Okay, I'd always wanted to move to New York because I have like family there, and I mean a lot of people do right, right, and so the breakup was really fucking bad. And I just I was twenty four, twenty five, and my mom said, if you're ever gonna move out of Utah, now's the time, okay, because in a few years you're going to be married or have kids and then you're not leaving, you know what I mean? Right, So within two weeks I packed up my shit and moved to New York.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. It was insane and you just like packed a bag. Did you have a place to stay?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I stayed with my aunt a little bit. She's a very interesting person. So I immediately was finding a new fucking place because I was like, I need to get the fuck out of this apartment. And I found a studio apartment. I lived there by myself. It was horrifying. It was a really really hard time in my life.
Speaker 1: I knew no one in New York.
Speaker 3: I'm sleeping on a mattress in the floor, like on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then and then over time, you know, things got really good.
Speaker 1: I love it. So when did you always want to be in the entertainment world? Like, what was your plan when you got to New York?
Speaker 3: I had no intention of working in entertainment ever.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: I worked in a finance firm.
Speaker 3: I majored in economics, and I fucking hated it. But everyone told me, you're not gonna make money doing something in entertainment or like English or anything like that, So do something like economics. Worked in finance. When I went to New York, I worked in finance, and then obviously shit changed. Yeah, I met a girl, we moved in together. We thought we were really fucking funny together. We started a show, it got really big, and.
Speaker 5: That was that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm in the fucking entertainment industry.
Speaker 1: That's got to be so strange. I always look at people who I have a friend who she is from Kentucky, wanted nothing to do with entertainment, moved to LA for a dude. Then she's just on vander Pump Rules, and suddenly entertainment is her life. That's it's so insane because it's not like you you go from like where you were, and then all of the sudden, people know who you are. They want to judge every word that you're saying. Yeah, that's got to be intense.
Speaker 3: It's very very intense. I mean, it's still intense, you know, you know, I do know, so I you know what I think for anyone listening who maybe wants to get into entertainment or like switch up their careers, you got to kind of move to the states that will help that, you know, right, Like if you live in Utah or Kansas or something like that, you gotta go to La New York like.
Speaker 1: Something, right, Well, because I lived in Utah and would want it to be an entertainment and I had like this little agency, and I think like the biggest job that would have been the most lucrative was like a Ken Garf commercial that but reading a teleprompter is not my thing. And that's where I lost to them, And they were like, I think we're going to go a different direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay, so were you planing on working in entertainment.
Speaker 1: My whole life, my entire life, my entire life. I was like, I want to be an actress. I was in all the plays, I was in choir. Oh yeah, I was like.
Speaker 3: You were confident as fuck then, like from when you were little.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I was confident, but I did know what I wanted. And I remember my high school counselor would be like, you need to take the SAT. I was like, I'm moving to Hollywood. I'm gonna be fucking famous. And she was like, okay, A very small percentage of people have that happen to them, and I was like, well, I'm going to be one of them.
Speaker 3: That is one of the funniest fucking things I've ever heard. She's probably like, look at you now, shit.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm sure she thought I was going to be winning Oscars and not on the Gossip blog, but tomato, tomato, fuck it.
Speaker 3: You know what? Still, I mean, the money you're making compared to what she wanted you to be doing, yeah, speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: She was concerned about my math score test, and I told her the only thing I need to do is count my money. If I can count my money, we'll be fine.
Speaker 3: That I'm writing that down and I'm using it in my own podcast. Don't be mad, because I.
Speaker 1: Won't be mad ever do it.
Speaker 3: I just need to know math to count my fucking money.
Speaker 1: That's it. And then you'll just pay someone to do the rest, someone that's well, you went to college, so you're a smart, hot bitch.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm still not doing it though, and I don't remember it, so it's nice the time.
Speaker 1: You're too busy being a boss bitch and doing your show. Thank you. So I have to be honest. I'm not well aware of the other show. You did call her daddy. The only reason I knew about it was because we don't be offended. We talked shit, So I don't even know what you said. However, I do know that you spoke about out Randall giving a girl in Utah a range Rover. He then took that range Rover away from her and gave it to me. Yes, and why that wasn't a red flag for me, I'll never know. In that moment, I demanded that we get rid of the range Rover. Is done. I need a new car. I got the g Wagon, ditched the g Wagon. But I did do that because that's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, the fact that you didn't see that as a red flag is you know something, But the fact that you fucking upgraded is pre boss.
Speaker 1: And how did you know, Like where would you get all of your tea from?
Speaker 3: So there, I mean, it was just kind of a rumor in like this circle of people in Utah that I don't really hang out with, and that's how I heard it, and the fact that I said it on the show. I thought it was just kind of funny. Right looking back, it was probably hurtful to you.
Speaker 1: I mean, Randall.
Speaker 3: Actually messaged someone like in that group saying I'm a suit. Oh no, he messaged me. Oh he messaged me and he said he was gonna sue me. So that was fun.
Speaker 1: And did you tell him our attorneys are to get us out of everything everything?
Speaker 3: Holy shit, I fucking wish I did. I should have guys, By the way, our attorney will get us out of everything is like my slogan, my merch, my lifestyle.
Speaker 1: So I spoke about it because your merch is the best merch I've ever seen. Thank you. And the fact that you posted the police report of them saying that Sophia replied our attorneys will get us out of everything.
Speaker 3: I think I need to explain to people. So I got arrested multiple times, but this time that I got arrested, they handcuffed me. I was obviously belligerent. I did a lot of crazy shit, and when the attorneys were taking me to jail, I was screaming at the top of my lungs, and I was like, our attorney will get us out of everything, because I was with my friend, yeah, and I was like, just just so you fucking know, like that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: So were you who you are now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: When I got arrested, when you said our attorneys will get us out of everything, I was fuck.
Speaker 3: I was like seventeen. I didn't even know what an attorney was.
Speaker 1: I saw that shit on Law and Order, like an episode makes me even better, right.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm going to use it. He didn't believe me obviously, but like now now my attorney now will get me out of everything.
Speaker 1: I know that, right. Oh, I bet your attorney has his hands full.
Speaker 3: He hates me. He hates me, he really does. And he has clients that are way bigger than me, right, and so he's like, why like why are you my client? Like I gotta go talk to like this person. I mean, I'm not gonna name drop, but I'm I'm at like the bottom feeder out of his client.
Speaker 1: But you and me both okay, But he still take my lawyer takes my calls, which is nice.
Speaker 3: That's you know, I sometimes get my calls answered. That's not even a joke. Like half like half the time.
Speaker 1: So back to the range rover. Yep, he threatens. Randall threatens you via DM Yeah, yeah, something like that. I can't okay, And how did you this group of people? How did you know? How did you know them? They just reached out to you.
Speaker 3: Well, Angie who had the range drover? She is from Utah with the blonde hair. Yes, I think I did a modeling job with her once, like years ago. Did you know that Randall and her had a thing?
Speaker 1: I The reason I knew that was because he was messing around on his ex wife with her and she DMed his wife about it.
Speaker 3: Red flag number two. I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, I know, Can I know? Can I tell you this? In my mind, I was like, no one's past is squeaky clean, and maybe he would maybe like I was the person that he fell for, and it was like things aren't cookie cutter, and that's that's where my head was.
Speaker 3: You know what, That is very very true, And I'm glad you pointed that out because I have cheated on every single boyfriend until this one, and I never.
Speaker 1: Would right like, sometimes something changes and for me it was like it was in the past and I'm not saying that I wasn't upset about all of these things. I definitely was, but I also felt like maybe he's turned a corner and he's found someone, meaning me, that he enjoys being with, and we'll be together forever, and like this is the new Randall, just like I have don't have a squeaky clean past even.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's completely fair that you thought that way. Yeah, because I have thought that way too. You know, my the guy I'm dating now was the biggest fuck boy. Yeah, And I said, maybe I'm the girl that changed him, right, So I mean, yeah, sometimes that is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where my head was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I get that.
Speaker 1: So Angie mysages you and says, no, gone.
Speaker 3: She didn't, dude, that is so fucking funny. No she I don't talk to her. Oh I don't know her. She had told someone who told someone who told a friend of mine. Okay, thing, that's how it happened.
Speaker 1: What a shit show mm hm.
Speaker 3: And then that friend told me, And I didn't bring it up to you because I didn't know you, and because I didn't think it was my place necessary necessarily, and I didn't know if you wanted to know. Because some people don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm one of those people who definitely. I mean, are you someone who wants to know? Or do you like keeping your head in the sand.
Speaker 3: I've thought about this. I think that if it's a one off thing and my guy went to Vegas, got drunk, fucked a girl, never talks to her again, never does it again, something along those lines, or it's a makeout or something. Yeah, don't tell me. I don't need to know. Wow, if it's an ongoing thing and it's multiple women and he's cooking up with the.
Speaker 1: Same girl over and over and over, then I need to know.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: I I want to know whether it was a one time thing, one night stand relationship, because I need to know so I can get the fuck out.
Speaker 3: Really yes, really, So you can't forgive that any kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Okay, I get that. I get that. Nope, you fuck up one time.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I just think of myself as a very expensive fine wine okay, right, you know. Yeah, and if you're gonna pop the cork, let me sit out.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be as good and you might as well. Just it's gonna be thrown away. Yeah, so if you feel like you want to throw a fine wine away, then that's up to you. Like I'm a luxury you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: And I'm a down bitch yep, I agree with that, but I feel the same way about myself too. Well, I'm not saying that you don't right based off of what you said. That's just that is just your personal how you feel about things, you know, So I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that you must not think of yourself as a fine wine.
Speaker 3: You're like you are a fucking eleven dollars fucking white claw. So I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, you're a fine wine too. It's just all about what you expect out of a relationship. And what you're saying makes total sense. We do live in a day and age where everybody is so accessible. You think a girl's hot in fucking Canada, you send her a DM, You're sexting the next minute, next minute, you're linking up like shit happens, got it? Yeah, but I don't do that to people. I've actually never cheated ever. Oh, You've never cheated on anyone? No, Because I just feel like if I want to sleep with someone else that I obviously don't want to be in a relationship with someone, so I should just like do that without having a person.
Speaker 3: You know, But have you ever dated just like a toxic piece of shit where it like wouldn't even matter type thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just left him and I still didn't fuck around.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting because the guys that I've cheated on were like pieces of shit basically, So I was like, fuck you, like I don't care, right, And I had suspicions that they were cheating, and you know, for some of them, like we would do threeesomes and okay like that, So I was like, whatever, what's the big.
Speaker 1: Whatever, what's the big deal? And how old are you?
Speaker 3: Twenty nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were you were like a baby, like you're still in your twenties. Twenties are for being a shit show.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 1: You know you got to get it out so that you can be a productive human later on in life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah, I'm thinking about if I would want to know if I got cheated on, just after what you were saying, I think that theoretically, I don't think I would want to know. I think that if I was married with kids, then I really wouldn't want to know, just for like my kids, you know, because like it's hard for them to have their parents breaking up. Your situation is completely different and you absolutely needed to. Yeah, But theoretically that's I like to think that I wouldn't want to know. But when I you know, if I sit and really really think about it, I probably would want to fucking know.
Speaker 1: I think your gut speaks to you, and that's how you make your decision.
Speaker 3: And I think, yeah, I think I would want to know. I guess I would be able to forgive someone for doing it if it was one time. And so then that's where I'm like, so what I even want to know?
Speaker 1: I totally get where you're coming from. Yeah, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I need to think about it a little bit more and get back to you guys, think about it a little bit more.
Speaker 1: We're going to cut to a sh shor break and we will be right back with Sophia Franklin. We are back with you could possibly be one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen, Lala, but you're from Utah, so it makes sense because everyone there is so fucking hot. Yeah, and you have great teeth, which everyone in Utah has good teeth, I know, and they're real, right, Yeah, everything.
Speaker 3: Is real, which everyone tells me it's fucking not. And that's not me trying to be like I am just like a natural fucking beauty because I absolutely am gonna be getting shit done.
Speaker 1: You've never had an injection, no, can I tell you? I believe you. And here's why. Okay, your lips are super soft. They're not like mine where they're like kind of from the side, come out a little bit, you know. Yeah, your your face is still soft. It moves, which is great. Good for you.
Speaker 3: So I candards are high, they're low, the bar is low.
Speaker 1: Well, once you start doing that shit, you can't you can't turn back. You become addicted, you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that a real thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like there have been times where I look at myself and I'm like, ooh, look in a little cattish and a little ducky. You look about fifty six. But then it goes away. It does. The fillers go away, the botox goes away, and because I'm still breastfeeding, I can't get filler or botox, so my face moves now too. Can't say I love it, okay, but it's like whatever you know.
Speaker 3: Are you scared of the filler migrating? Have you heard of that being a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard of that.
Speaker 3: Do you believe it?
Speaker 1: I do with certain doctors, But I go to doctor Diamond, who is like the best, the best of the best, and his technique is way different and what he puts in your face is his own little concoction of what he's done, like what he's created.
Speaker 3: Right, So I've never had an issue. Okay, So I'm twenty nine. I haven't had anything done. But I don't want to like look old and wrinkly when i'm you, but you don't, but I will when you're forty. I'm done, right, Yeah about.
Speaker 1: Your twenty nine? So just wait. I think the first time I got botox, I think I was like twenty four, okay, and it was just too much, right, you know, Like I'm looking at you. You don't need any of it.
Speaker 3: I want you to like really examine my face. I'm you get off the show and like, actually tell me. You're in natural light right now, which is the harshest, and there's nothing You.
Speaker 1: Have great skin? Okay, if you ever need someone to toot your horn, I'm the best at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Actually, can you keep talking about how hot I am for a second.
Speaker 1: You're definitely hot. I think you like. Good for you guys.
Speaker 3: My name is Sofia Enough Franklin with the why I go to all of my social media handles. My show is so Fio Enough and yeah, I'm the hottest person you'll ever see.
Speaker 1: The damn true. I can go no for real, thank you. That's really sweet. So I want to talk. We spilled the tea, which I love. That's my most favorite part of doing a podcast, to spill the tea. You went through a very public I would say, do you feel like you were betrayed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. My question is because I'm going through that now, how do you bounce back from something like betrayal? If we're so close to someone and you trust them with your life and then suddenly you are betrayed by them, Like, how do you go into the world and trust anybody again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I've been betrayed by men and I never expected. So I've been betrayed by men. My dad's not really in the picture. So I was raised by my mom and my aunt and like a lot of strong women, Okay, and so I kind of I felt safety, you know, when it came to women, right, not so much with men. Okay, So being betrayed by a dude is really fucking hard and hurts. And I've been there when I was betrayed by someone I felt was like a sis.
Speaker 1: That was a really like that was a mind fuck for me, you know, I can imagine. So how did I bounce back?
Speaker 3: It takes time, but you just you have to just go through the motions every single day. You have to allow yourself to be fucking depressed. You need to talk about it NonStop, stress over it. That's what helps you. That's what helps me. Yeah, is just like talking to everyone about it, right, and therapy obviously, and I think that, you know, it just takes time. And what I had to realize is that is not going to be the first and the last time that I'm going to get betrayed by someone, right, you know, And so you can't live your life never trusting anyone ever again because that's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: So how long ago was that? How long ago was it that that had happened.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to say like a year and a half, So that's pretty fresh.
Speaker 1: It is it is it is? And do you feel like if this not that this same situation would happen to you again? But if you ever are betrayed again, which, like you said, we will all be betrayed multiple times in our lives, do you feel like you have new tools to deal with it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? That is the silver lining about something like this is I think you are able to spot people better that you shouldn't trust you. Yeah, and because you've seen the signs before, and I feel like I'm way better prepared. I'm more prepared and more well prepped basically to deal with another betrayal. And it's made me way fucking stronger. And I think that that happening was good for me. I know it's crazy to say, but I do. I just I think there's a bigger plan for me. I love that, And you know that was just something that needed to happen along the way to prepare me for something bigger.
Speaker 1: Do you right now? I'm like very into the universe and what its plan is for me, and don't question it even if it doesn't make sense. Allow it to place you where you're supposed to be. Was it hard for you because it sounds like now you've done that. Like, looking back, you're like, this was supposed to happen. Yes, yes, do you do you feel like in that time, when you were in it with the betrayal, that it was like I have to put this in someone else's hands, the universe, my higher power. Fuck.
Speaker 3: No, No. When it first happened, I was I had It was so traumatic that I was numb and I don't even remember a lot of it because I blacked it out. But now that I've taken time for myself, now I'm like into the universe and all those things. But at the time, no.
Speaker 1: No, you were too in it. You were drowning. Yes, yes, exactly did she ever reach out to you again after that or was it just like, no, here's a pile of shit, deal with it. I'm out. Mm hm wow yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long after this all happened, did you say fuck it? I'm starting my own show, so feel with an F.
Speaker 3: So that's a really interesting thing. So my entire life blew up, and I don't know how I did it, but I guess I'm just a strong ass bitch because I just went through the motions and I got up every single day and I said, what's the next move, what's the next move? On the phone with my lawyer, Let's get out of you know, my current contract, on the phone with my agent, Let's get a new show going. Let's fucking go. Yeah. I don't. I just I had the strength. I knew that there was no other option, and I wasn't gonna let it go down like that. I was like, I'm gonna speak my truth and this isn't gonna ruin my life.
Speaker 1: And would you say, would you say that you kept the same format for Sofia with an F or did you change it? Like? What would you say is like, in a nutshell, what is Sofia with an F? About?
Speaker 3: So I at first started with the same format because I went from doing the show and fucking one month or whatever later to starting my own and not having the co host talking by myself, right, I didn't know how to do that, you know on the old podcast.
Speaker 1: Uh did you have guests or was it always just the two guests? No guests?
Speaker 3: No guess so I spent you know, two three years with the same person talking and al sudden overnight, Oh you're by yourself now?
Speaker 1: And was it once a week that you were doing it or did you have a new episode multiple times a week?
Speaker 3: It was once a week, okay, and that's how Sofia with an fs so Sofia an f once a week. I you know, kept maybe similar format because okay, that's fifty percent of my show. I mean, not anymore, but that's how. That's how it started. Now I've really come into my own and now it is a different format. Okay, it's more real to me.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: And also I'm older, I'm different, I've changed, of course. So yeah, now it's different, and now it's fucking better.
Speaker 1: It's better, and it is when you spend that much time with someone, it's almost like you know, someone has cut half of your body off. Yes, how do you function without it? Yes?
Speaker 3: I just realized that what type of person they are, it was better for me to have the arm cut off, right, Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I completely get that, and.
Speaker 3: Also realizing that's okay because I still got my other arm and myself and I'm I'm good, I'm strong, I can do this.
Speaker 1: On my own. Well you are doing it on your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm and you're killing it. Yeah, yes, And how long have you did you say you had been in Utah for this round.
Speaker 3: I mean like when I moved back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you moved back? When did you move back or not move? When did you decide to take a breather?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Call it that a breather in Utah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, a sabbatical, a little vage. Yes, that was I think January of last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that's so funny.
Speaker 3: And then I'll be moving back this upcoming January.
Speaker 1: To New York, don't you think, Because I'm I feel the same way about Utah. It's a little slow paced, but whenever shit gets real, I want to be back there immediately.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is my saving grace, It is my sanctuary. Is that how you feel?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you go home when your shit happened?
Speaker 1: I haven't been able to, but I try to go back home off and I have a baby line called give Them Lalla Baby, and it's literally run out of my best friend gage. It's a very chic garage, but it's like a little family business. So I have to go back to see how it's moving and what we need. But every time i'm there, I'm like, this is so normal and I love it. So I can imagine that that it's been amazing for your mental health.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got back to my roots and like, back to who I am as a person. I mean, there's nothing better than I mean for me.
Speaker 1: My mom, you know, I totally get it.
Speaker 3: It's just she's my best friend. She's who I need in those moments.
Speaker 1: Do you have any siblings.
Speaker 3: I have a younger brother, a younger brother, and he.
Speaker 1: Still lives in Utah. Does he live with your mom?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it because I have the same situation. Easton lives with my mom. Still. My dad passed away almost well, I think it's been four years. Sorry, but thank you, babe. So I totally get that dynamic of just like the mama, you and your.
Speaker 3: Brother totally so funny.
Speaker 1: I know, what does your brother twenty eight? Okay, yeah, the one that like likes Doggie style apparently.
Speaker 3: Actually no, I think he likes it when the girls on her back on the bed and he's standing and fects her that way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. What in the world? And then what about your boyfriend? Does he come to Utah? Does he stay in New York?
Speaker 3: He is in La. He's in La right now. Okay, I haven't seen him because I.
Speaker 1: Well you just got here, right.
Speaker 3: I got here a few days ago, but it's been non stop since I got here, so I haven't seen him, but he's in New York. Utah la constantly love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what have you been doing in La? Tell us what? Like your plans are? What you're up to?
Speaker 3: So when I got here, I had an episode that came out. It's all about how to get fucked doggie. Because you think it's just simple and it's this easy thing, and it's like, Okay, assume the position, get you know, get get it from the back right. It's not, though, like there's so many things to it. You got to be archie your back right, you got to be looking back at him. Those are like the fundamentals, right right. You gotta get down on your forearms. Yes, But then it's like there's so much shit you can be saying.
Speaker 1: You need to ask him to slap it.
Speaker 3: You have to obviously tell him to like leave a mark. You need to Oh my god, I love this one. If he isn't shoving your face into the pillow, something's wrong. Something's wrong. I think you can do it yourself, Like you can put your head into the pillow and put your arms behind your back best so that he like grabs your wrists. Yeah, that's so hot, and it's like men should be doing it, but if they're not, as women, let's take initiative. I can do it and let them know what the fuck is up.
Speaker 1: Get out the rule book for doggy style.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love how you just asked me what I've been doing in LA and I just told you how to get fucked dogs.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know how that happened, but I love it. Yeah. Okay, so that episode came out while you were here, and then everyone wanted you to demonstrate it. Yes, which I will.
Speaker 3: I'll do it here. We should take a video. And then the next day I did a photo shoot. Okay, I am not a model. I do a podcast. That was my first time ever doing something like that, Like there were real models and stuff.
Speaker 1: That shit is fucking hard. What was it for?
Speaker 3: It's for a new ath leisure were brands.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how models do it. And it was eight hours.
Speaker 3: It was fucking exhausted.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know how they do it either. No, it's very hard to not look like a drunk puppet because even if you're not drunk after an eight hour day, you look like a drunk puppet.
Speaker 3: Right, And I actually pulled an all night or so, I had the dead eyes. You know what I'm saying, you're a savage. I mean I had to to get the show out because it's disaster.
Speaker 1: But I have a tip.
Speaker 3: I had those dead eyes because I was so tired. And this model handed me this like a eyedrop thing called Lumifi.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of that? I've heard of Lumifhi is it amazing?
Speaker 3: I put it in my eyes. I looked awake immediately. I don't know how have.
Speaker 1: You used Rohtos before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What is that? Rotos is what all the stoners use. So I use that, But can you use them today? And tell me if it's just as good as lumifi or if I need to buy? Will I will? I think lumify? Maybe it also it brightens the white of your eyes, right, yes? Yes, makes you less glazed over? Yes? I love it. You're awake for your at leisure show?
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly?
Speaker 1: And then where can people listen to Sophia with an F?
Speaker 3: Anywhere you listen to podcasts perfect Sophia with an F?
Speaker 1: So that's s O F.
Speaker 3: I A yeah, I can't even tell you how many people like text me and they're like Sophia with a pH, or like right into the show and they're like Sophia with the pH. I'm like, do you know the name of the show. I'm just curious. It's Sofia the Enough.
Speaker 1: Well. I literally now refer to you as like I was talking to my assistant Jess, and I asked her when Sofia with Enough was going to be here. I love that you're from Utah. Did you ever know the girl Barbie with a y bitch?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: See wait is she your friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well we used to be really close and then iked o it. Yes. Do you know a girl named sky Storge? Yes, Laala?
Speaker 3: I saw a picture of you on my Space when I was fucking nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yesing the infamous sky Storage is what she went by on MySpace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I remember she's posting pictures with a girl named Laala.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And here we are.
Speaker 3: Here we are two Utah girls in La having a blast.
Speaker 1: I really have had the best time with you. I'm so grateful that you made time in your busy schedule while you were in La to do my podcast. I've literally been obsessing over it. Mm hmm, so thank you for doing it.
Speaker 3: Was amazing.
Speaker 1: You're amazing vibe.
Speaker 3: You know some people, I've had some people that I don't really vibe with. This was a breeze, A breeze great.
Speaker 1: I like people to feel like they're literally sitting here talking with us. Yes, yes, I love that you did the damn thing. Thank you Lala for having me on you guys, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Give Them Lala Podcast. Remember, I want to hear from you, so please call me at one eight sixty six Lala Pod and we will catch you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye, guys,