Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central. Yo, yo, what's going on out there? Everybody?
Speaker 2: My name's Astro Walmack, stand up comic and writer for The Daily Show. And today you are listening to this edition of The Daily Show Behind the show, and we got our illustrious, Illustrious six correspondent, mister Charlemagne the.
Speaker 3: Guy Ashton Walmack. What's up? Brother? Are you related to Bobby?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Everybody you know, it's it's very interesting. Black people they go Bobby wal Mack. White people they go Astrakutcher And I'm like, no, just broke, eat, like.
Speaker 1: Just broke.
Speaker 3: You're not broke, You're just in between blessings. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I'm not broke for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not broke. You're right on The Daily Show, You're not broke.
Speaker 2: No, but yeah, no, today we're discussing important topic this week. I don't know if you guys have been online. Trump is the president. He is now the president, Yes, he is. I don't know if you've seen if you're finding out from this podcast. Damn dog, what have you been.
Speaker 3: On Welcome Home Southrey Confinement for the past twenty years?
Speaker 1: You hope your ass is not Mexican because you are getting deported.
Speaker 3: No, I can't say welcome home to you.
Speaker 2: But Trump is president and for some odd reason people when the inauguration happened, people weren't mad at Trump. They seem they seem to be mad at rappers Snoop Dogg and Nelly in particular. And if you saw online, Charlemagne addressed this, and that's what we're talking about on this week's episode of the Daily Show with Charlomagne. Why there was anger where people chose to direct their anger. They weren't angry at Donald Trump. They were angry at rappers.
Speaker 4: The first week could Trump two point zero is almost up and one thing is clear, some of y'all are not gonna make it through four years, okay, because you could.
Speaker 3: Barely handle these last four days.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: People are losing their whole damn minds and it's causing them to lash out at their wrong targets.
Speaker 1: Snoop Dogg Nellie are facing backlash right now after performing at Donald Trump's inauguration party.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: Fans took to x to express their anger, with one user saying that they no longer respect the artists for participating.
Speaker 5: Snoop performing during Trump's innaugural weekend, not this Snoop Dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's talking about Snoop and Nelly.
Speaker 4: I knew Trump would take America backwards, but I didn't think it would be the two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 4: Please stop wasting your energy attacking old school rappers. The only thing they did wrong is inspiring Mark Zuckerberg's new look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like flavor flavor if the flavor was mayonnaise. Look.
Speaker 4: Man, The reason people are mad is because back in twenty seventeen, Snoop denounced artists who played Trump's first inauguration.
Speaker 3: But in his defense, you think snoopery remembers twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Snoopers burned more trees than the La wildfires.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, what's your take on this? Why did that upset you that people were angry at rappers?
Speaker 4: I just think it si and it just shows how unseerious we are as a country.
Speaker 3: And you know, we tend to put.
Speaker 4: Everything on the same scale, but then we actually, you know, uh, make make things that are heavier lighter and things that are lighter heavier, And I mean, I think it's just that train of thought is what got Donald Trump and the White House in the first place, because you know, Snoop dogg Rick Ross Nellie Soldier boy performing at a you know, crypto event inauguration weekend that is inconsequential. You know, I think that the energy should be directed towards the elected officials. You know, the Democrats who called Trump things like a fascist, who said he was a threat to democracy, you know, who likened him to Hitler. But then as soon as the election was over, they were like, welcome home. Literally, President Biden was standing in front of the White House saying welcome home.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: President Obama was at President Carter's funeral, you know, just showing all his teeth, you know, laughing with Donald Trump. And I'm like, as a voter, that confuses the hell out of me, right, it confuses the hell out of me, because when I see Republicans say something about Democrats, they stand on it. You saw Senator Fisher's husband, I think his name is Bruce Fisher.
Speaker 3: He ain't even shake the VP's hand. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When Donald Trump said that Democrats stole the election in twenty twenty, he acted like he didn't go to the inauguration, He didn't don't do no peaceful transport power. He's still saying to this day that the election was stolen. And I think you know, when it comes to political optics, you know that goes a long way with voters, especially their base. And I think you know what Democrats is to complete opposite. It makes you know what should be their base look at them and be like, what do they even believe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh, I'm not even not only am I with the losing team. My team can't even lose, Like.
Speaker 3: My team don't even stand on business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to your point about like Republicans they on, they stay on their messaging. They Democrats are like, yeah, they ignore that they called him a hitler, they ignore that they call him a fashion Meanwhile, Republicans were still like Obama's a Muslim, He's a Muslim. He's just nowhere tied to the truth. But they still even in like loss, they still stick with their little lives.
Speaker 4: And we've seen it every single time when when President Obama won in two thousand and eight, they kept that same energy his whole first time. When he won to get in twenty twelve, they kept that same energy the whole the second term. When President Biden became the president elect in twenty twenty, they.
Speaker 3: Kept that same energy.
Speaker 4: They filed articles of impeachment on him on the first day.
Speaker 3: So it's just like I just.
Speaker 4: Wish for once, you know, Democrats would you know, treat Republicans the way they treat them. And I know people say things like, oh, that's just a politics, that's just the political norm. And like I said on the show, politics haven't been normal since Donald Trump came down the escalator, you know, like, do we can't sit here and act like that was normal political rhetoric we heard in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear no, But I've never heard anybody liking the Hitler. I think they might have. I think they actually might have liken Obama to Hitler at one point.
Speaker 4: I don't oh a socialist socialist, yeah yeah, but calling somebody a fascists, calling them a threat of democracy, you know, liking them to Hitler, that's not normal political rhetoric. And if it is, if it is, or it's going to be, people got to act like it after they say.
Speaker 2: Do you think now there's a bunch of people who are like like I saw online when you see the show you'll see a few clips and the people who were upset at Snoop Dogg and who were upset in Nelly, do you think that you know it's mostly people from black community.
Speaker 1: You don't think there's we don't have a.
Speaker 2: Somewhat of a we don't We should hold our celebrities accountable, at least to what they say.
Speaker 1: I know Snoop Dogg and Nelly aren't.
Speaker 2: No Like it's like Dave Japelle famously said, who cares what jo What does jow rule got to think? Now, of course we don't care. John Roue has to think, but like, is there something? Is there something to you just holding our own people accountable? Like in our own group.
Speaker 4: You can be mad at them, but what does it matter? And I wouldn't have any problem with people holding them accountable if I saw that same level of accountability. You know, if I saw them holding Obama and Biden them to that same level of accountability. I bet you if you did a search social media impressions to see you know who got more slander because they were cozying up with Trump, Snoop Dogg and Nelly would quadruple what Obama and Biden got.
Speaker 3: And to me, that's just it's just silly.
Speaker 4: It really just shows how unseerious we are as a country, because there's no way in hell I should be, you know, caring about what rappers do more than I care about what my elected officials do, because you know what's gonna happen two years from now. We're gonna be spending so much time, you know, focusing on the wrong things that when the midterms come, they're not gonna be organized and by day I mean Democrats, Democrats aren't gonna be prepared, and then what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: They're gonna lose the midterms.
Speaker 4: Because I guarantee you in two years, people not gonna be remembering Snoop performing at no Crypto Ball, but they will remember Obama and Trump's smiling with each other. Because look, I'm a person that got used, misused during this campaign, right because I had I would love please, because because I had an opinion about that that that transgender commercial, and so they ran that. Donald Trump turned that into a campaign that a pack for Trump turned that into a campaign that was the slogan for they them, right, So imagine what they're gonna do with pictures of Obama and Trump chummy chummy. You know what they're gonna do with pictures of you know, Joe Biden saying welcome back Trump.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 4: Like, how can Democrats ever say something negative about Republicans in the future that we're gonna believe?
Speaker 3: Like they gotta show us.
Speaker 2: It's literally like being like Jeff Epstein is a pedophile. Oh, let me take a picture with him? Like after like, why would you you know he's that's right, Why would you do it? What are you doing? You've been ain't his guys and now you're taking pictures with a mess insane optics of that. Also, I think that one of the things that like, really I think just it was a gut kick, was not just seeing Obama smile on this. I'm speaking personally, it was it was not just seeing Obama smile at this at the inauguration, at the funeral and the inauguration. It was combined with the fact that the first day of his presidency, I'm seeing you know, these like mothers, these migrant mothers who are coming into the country legally being locked out outright hours through the legal process, Trump signed executive orders to stop them from being able to come in a legal way. And so you have all these migrants, these mothers, you see all these people devastated.
Speaker 4: Listen, and we've the first four days of this uh disadministration. Donald Trump has done everything he said he's going to do. No surprises. He told us he was gonna you know, pardon the January sixth is you know, he told us about birth rights and ship He said he was gonna do all of these things. So there's no surprise. So my thing is, if he said he was going to do all those things on the campaign trail and y'all were calling him a fascist and a threat to democracy and likning the Hitler. Once he gets in and he's doing them, where's the rhetoric, people, where's the rhetoric?
Speaker 1: Holy White House?
Speaker 3: They should be saying, I told you so.
Speaker 4: I don't care about no damn Snoop Dogg before me, no crypto bar. And that goes for all the media personalities, all the cable news folks, that goes for everybody on social media. Get focused, man, you know what I mean, Get your priorities right.
Speaker 2: I want to see instead of Obama smiling with Trump, I want to see Obama down at the border with the families that are being affected or you know, just actively in the in the communities that are about to be affected by this, because all.
Speaker 4: Right, don't want to see Obama at all. That's what we ain't see Michelle. If Michelle said when they go low, we go high. Michelle ain't even go at all this time. Okay, Michelle didn't go at all. She did go through the funeral, she didn't go to the inauguration, she didn't go at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, so shout out to the Sheelle, that's yeah, she was like fuck that and like we said, he had to come home to that.
Speaker 1: I hope she gave. I hope she gave nothing.
Speaker 3: But shit, you know he got hit with the he help. You know that.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm like, now I will say, like when it comes to like Nelly and Snoop Nelly, I give less. I give less of a like shit to like performing there because Nelly got a bad bitch and uh, they are kind of expensive to hold. So I know he needed that check. But Snoop Snoop, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't use language like that towards women, even if Trump is in the White House.
Speaker 1: A baddie, I apologize a baddie.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to give with the vibes of twenty twenty five. But but you know, it is this weird thing whenever, like whenever white people do something, black man get blamed.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 3: By black by all the black people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we have high too high of a standard of ourselves.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say we have too high of a standard of ourselves. I just think we have we have too high of a standard of We have too high of a standard of entertainers. Entertainers get paid to entertain Like I don't know if there should be uh, you know, we should be worried about what entertainer represents what as far as political party, I care about their music, you know what I'm saying. I care about you know, what they give me in movies, what they give me on TV shows. Like I'm not, you know, tripping if somebody chooses to go perform at a crypto ball, because that's not that's not an indication of what they believe.
Speaker 3: I don't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Just because somebody you know, performs at a crypto ball, I I don't even know why this has been such a discussion to be honest with you, Like I'm not even joking, Like this should be based on everything we've seen over the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: This is what the topic of discussion is.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's sad state of affairs that we have to like lean in onto, like we we give celebrities opinions so much like weight in society. Either way, Like that's already bad, you know for me to include.
Speaker 3: Me and I'm not. I don't even consider myself a celebrity.
Speaker 2: But it's just like, well, here's the thing, Charlamagne, you won, that's delusional.
Speaker 1: You're definitely a celebrity. You interview celebrities, you are celebrity.
Speaker 3: Wanted to hear you said little ego boots every nothing and see the ship.
Speaker 1: I gotta do to hearn my check around.
Speaker 3: I appreciate how you see me. Thank you is.
Speaker 1: Leading into my next question, that's all. I wasn't trying to try to ask this man. But you are famous. You've been famous for a long ass time, bro.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, and maybe this is my own like wrong perspective, so you can obviously correct me.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 2: Black people, we don't have a lot of quality black leaders. We don't have a lot of black leaders. All the all y'all killed all the good ones. White people killed all the good black leaders. So we don't have this a pool of good leadership that we can like look to. Well, I don't even know who I would like name, so by virtue celebrities, black celebrities have become I'm not saying I want this to be, but it looked like black celebrities are kind of our leaders. We look to the they're the bigger figures in our culture. They're, uh, you know, of course we got a bomba, of course we got political like politicians, but people listen to you, people listen to it's black entertainers. That's who we like listen to. And so I think that's maybe why we don't realize it.
Speaker 1: We don't have. We don't.
Speaker 2: It's a lack of leadership in our own community. So when Snoop Dogg turns is back on like or not turns it back, but performs at the inauguration, we're looking at We're like, whoa, what happened?
Speaker 1: Flavor?
Speaker 2: Flavor spoke in my graduation, my high school graduation, we didn't have no leadership that.
Speaker 3: Was going along. Alan No.
Speaker 2: I was school in Texas, But I'm just saying, like that's why I think, like that's what I think we have, Like that's an emotional reaction to I.
Speaker 4: Mean, there's nothing wrong with you know, I guess you can have your disappointment. I'm just simply saying, like it's inconsequential at the end of the day, because, like I said, you know, in two years, people are not going to remember Snoop Dogg performing at the Crypto Ball, but they're gonna remember all those images of President Obama being chummy chummy with with with Trump. Right, They're gonna remember Joe Biden saying welcome back, you know, to the White House. In four years, they definitely gonna remember that. Like, the only thing that can fuck Republicans up at this point is Republicans, Like Republicans have to literally and I said this last time I did Daily Show, I actually encouraged Donald Trump to not prove his political opponents right. But if this first week is any indication, he definitely is. So the only thing you know, you know, Republicans can do at this point is imployed. And when they implode and do everything that you know, their political opponents said they were going to do, then we see what our own eyes. Oh this really was a threat to democracy. Oh this really was you know, fascism. But if they are regular conservatives for the most part and just fuck up the economy and we end up in a recession, nobody gonna believe that Republicans bad Democrats good thing anymore. And I think that's what Democrats are banking on. And that's what bothers me, Like it bothers me that once again, what do y'all believe? What are y'all about? Like, don't just you know, tell me Republicans are bad. Republicans are bad because y'all don't look too good either.
Speaker 2: So yeah, actually that's the funny you say that, You're like, you want to know what the Democrats, you want to know what their messaging is. You have a message, That's what I was gonna ask him, Like, what do you think the Democrats should be saying? Like, but you know, you're saying they don't even have a platform, a message.
Speaker 4: They don't have any messages, they don't have it, they don't have any ideology. I don't know what democrats, you know, believe, I really don't. I truly don't like And you know, everybody keep saying there they're leaderless. I think that there's some great Democrats out there, but you know, they gotta be willing to really speak truth to power, and they gotta rip up whatever playbook politicians have had for the last however many years, because the game has changed. The language of politics is dead and the game of politics is over.
Speaker 3: But for whatever reason, Democrats have not gotten that memo.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, they're still playing like old school like they're still playing like boomer politics and Trump he might be old that dude is a gen z ass president. He is he is a brand, he is a he is like a TikTok star. There's it's different.
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy you say that, because I say, you know, it's incredible to be how he's captured culture and he's this is the second time we've seen him capture culture. And when we ever, whenever we say the word culture is synonymous with what black people, black people, Democrats got all these black people in their party.
Speaker 3: They're surrounded by black people, all of these black.
Speaker 4: Voters, and they don't understand culture at all, not even a little bit.
Speaker 2: That is, they should we should be eaten, we should be killing them.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you do.
Speaker 2: That's a factor, but it's like it's authenticy, like, oh, I can't say the word. I got a list, it's the authenticity.
Speaker 3: I got a list too.
Speaker 1: Were both struggling.
Speaker 3: Let's say this.
Speaker 4: Republicans are authentic, it seems like, but listen, I say that they're more sincere about their lies than Democrats are about their truth because when Republicans lie, it sounds like they're telling the truth.
Speaker 3: When Democrats tell the truth, it sounds like they're lying.
Speaker 2: No, that's like legit, legit, fat We mentioned it in the piece. But it's like when Donald Trump is talking about twenty twenty election, niggas lying, but he said it so much sounded like the.
Speaker 3: Truth, and he acted like it. He did not go, and I hated that comparison.
Speaker 4: Everybody was like, you know, when Michelle didn't show up to the funeral or Michelle didn't show up to the inauguration, People that were defending Michelle were saying, like, well, Donald Trump didn't show up in twenty twenty. I don't even know why y'all did that, because the reality is he shouldn't have showed up in twenty twenty because he accused him of stealing you election.
Speaker 1: You stole this from me. Why should I go to what is a crazy ass?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I guess it is kind of the same thing because Michelle is like, look, I'm not going because the way, we don't know why.
Speaker 3: Michelle didn't go.
Speaker 4: We're just consuming, we're assuming she didn't go because she believes all of the rhetoric that she said and others said about Trump. I'm aokay with that. Actually, I respect that. I saluted same thing with Trump. Trump, you said they stole the election. You actly, not only not only did he not do a peaceful transfer of power, he tried to lead an attempt to cool.
Speaker 3: He tried he tried to lead a cool in his country. That's how much. That's how much he believed the election.
Speaker 1: My dog, actually, babbit, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you now, Yeah, that's that is one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: If you're in the base, If I was in the base, I'd be like, man, he's he believes in us, he's fighting for us.
Speaker 2: Don't believe in nothing that man says. Don't believe in none of the politics, don't believe none of the ideology. But I do know the anger speaks volume. He used the anger as that's that's one point. He used Republican anger, and like conservative anger, it was a perfect ingredient. Right now, people are angry. People on the Democratic side, they're just as angry as Republicans, you can see it. But they're they're turning that anger towards rappers.
Speaker 4: They're turning that anger, turn that anger into organizing and planning and strategizing and getting ready for the mid term.
Speaker 2: What do we do with that anger? And like it's because it's clearly palpable. Do we do Democrats storm the Capitol?
Speaker 1: Do we? It's like, what do you do with that anger?
Speaker 4: And I hear you saying organized, strategize, plan, prepare, get ready for the mid terms. I don't even think you should spend all day, every day, you know, talking about every single move that Donald Trump is doing.
Speaker 1: That is that's the part I'm not looking forward to.
Speaker 2: But I learned the government based off of Donald Trump mistakes.
Speaker 1: That's how I got good at this job.
Speaker 2: He kept sucking stuff up. He's like something, we getting out the EPA and I was like, what's the e PA. It's the Environment Protection Agency? We need that, right, Yeah, That's how I learned about the EPA.
Speaker 4: Because the reality is people will see what you're not doing, just like people saw what Democrats weren't doing, and and and and trust me, you know when the Republican Party implodes, which you will, like you know, you've already already seen things like the vic Ramaswami out of Doge and you know, you hear about Steve bannersony and he want to get Elon away from Trump.
Speaker 1: And Steve Bannon called Nazi.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's let that sink into your ears.
Speaker 3: So you're seeing them implode.
Speaker 4: And you know, if these grocery prices don't come down, because that's what a lot of people said they voted for Trump for, if people are still struggling, If people are still struggling, you know, eighteen months from now, you know, yeah, they gonna they gonna be out there in the streets, you know, angry at Republicans too, just like folks are angry at Democrats.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I just always I'm just blown away because it's like, have they not been listening to the Trump's messaging? That that's the part I'm confused on because his messaging is also it's it's it's hatefulness. It's like he's he's tapping into the anger. But also it's like, we're gonna tax, We're gonna get like, we're gonna make tarists fifty percent for Canada and Mexico. We're gonna buy Greenland, We're gonna change, Like were these the plans?
Speaker 1: That was this what they wanted?
Speaker 4: I've learned everybody doesn't pay attention to everything. But to that point that you just made, there is a lot of things that he spoke about that people just want. And I think that that's the other thing that America does not want to accept. America doesn't want to accept that a lot of the things that he said he wanted to do, a lot of people in America wanted those things done, and that's why they went out there and voted for.
Speaker 1: And I agree.
Speaker 2: I think the immigration and the like sadly enough sadly the transgender issue, the immigration, I think those policies really. I know people I talked to, I think they what they what they deem is common sense, is like they're like, there's people in the people in this country taking my jobs. But it's more complicated than that. But yeah, I understand it. There are that is one part. One thing Democrats are gonna have to acknowledge that there are people who want this where it's not just us.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, rich white men have convinced poor white men that the liberal white man is giving away all a ship.
Speaker 3: The niggas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the nigga They even ain't even just black folks no more. They I don't even think they really thinking about us niggas. Is now all right, that's right, if a.
Speaker 2: Straight up, But that's what I mean, and correct me if I'm wrong, But that's what I be feeling like the split.
Speaker 1: The divide of the parties are.
Speaker 2: And I'm not I'm not saying that uh Democrats represent niggas or anything like that, but I am saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: You quote that you heard that on the Daily Show podcast, but I do think and this is my adamizing of the of the parties my like lowest common denominator. I can go with these parties, Republican parties, white, a white man's party that is a white man, rich white man, rich white man's party. Yes, you can throw all the caveats in there all you want, but the core goals seem to be white male centric and you know, Democrat ain't got no real messaging. But I do feel like it is the all y'all, all y'all nigga parties, the trying to blacks, Asians, Indians, women, gays.
Speaker 1: I feel like that has that is.
Speaker 2: What the bubble of the Democratic Party represents, which to me, I mean, I'm probably lean more leftists, but I do think that, like I would rather be with everybody than just.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I think the Democrats tent might be too big? Do you think it's yeah? I remember, you know, and.
Speaker 3: I asked, I've been asking this question lately. You know.
Speaker 4: On election night we did a broadcast from Howard University and it was the Breakfast Club, you know, along with the Native Lamp podcast, who was Angela Rai, Andrew Gillim.
Speaker 3: And Tiffany Cross. And I asked that question that night.
Speaker 4: I asked him, you know, do you think that do you think big tent politics still works? And the reason I asked that is because you watch Republicans focus on their base and they're based only, and you know they win elections because of that. I think that, you know, Democrats try to be all things to all people, and I don't know if that's if that's possible, because if you notice, you know, they lost a lot of their base, you know, this election. You know, there was just enough black men that went over and you know, voted for Trump, even though we still were the second highest voting block for Democrats, you know what I mean. But it was just it was just enough. I don't even say black, black black men, black people, right, Latinos, Oh my god, more than half of Latinos voted for Trump. That's supposed to be the Democrat base. So I think that, you know, in a lot of ways. Yeah, I just don't think you can be all things to all people. And I think they should really focus on their base more. I think if they focus on their base more, they'll energize their base more to come come, turn out during election time.
Speaker 1: I understand. I see that.
Speaker 2: I can understand that. I would say, like that identity politics, the hyper focusing on identity politics and making that the big tip picture, think that that was probably not the best strategy because it didn't really give people material things. I still when it comes to like big tent politics, I think about the laborers. I think about workers, and I think that at the end of the day. We're all labor. We're labor and workers. And I think if you make like a policies based off of laborers and workers, you'll help you're you're you're able to pull up more people to the middle class. And that's what this country's built on. So maybe I guess in my mind, the big Tent politics obviously has its flaws. I think they I think they fucked up by doing like making everything identity now and not working on like because everybody's a worker.
Speaker 4: I can see that. I mean, you want to focus on issues. People care about issues.
Speaker 1: Food and they stomach health care, uh, and they want to be safe. Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the Democratic policies outside of like health care and just opposing Trump.
Speaker 1: That's that's became their identity.
Speaker 4: Well, if they do that for the next two years, they're gonna lose the midterms. If they do that for the next four years, they're gonna lose the next election. So that's my whole message to Democrats, man, everybody, get focused, you know, get your priorities in order to stop targeting the rappers, you know, and if you're gonna have anger and if you're gonna have vitriol directed towards the right people and the people already elected officials.
Speaker 3: It's the Democrats who who who.
Speaker 4: Lied to us and played in our face, right, And and man, I can think of so many lives as the Democrats told us that God is in this position. I can think about, you know, President Biden saying he was gonna be a transitional president. President Biden, you know, deciding to run for a second term, but then stepping down too late, you know what I mean, given given the VP only one hundred and seven days to run, the VP's you know team lying to us.
Speaker 3: About what their internal polling was saying, right.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just it's just a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just a lot.
Speaker 4: Of different lives that caused them, you know that, to be in the position that they're in right now.
Speaker 3: And I just I just want us to get focused. That's it.
Speaker 2: And also, if you mad it like you should be, you should expect rappers to be Republican. I mean, Trump first off freed every raper.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: We don't even know if they're Republican or not. Even like they just performed at the Crypto ball snoops, A crypt.
Speaker 2: Trump pardoned more rappers than I know any president's ever pardon in my life. Kodak Black aside, Rocky, Lil Wayne, literally every rapper.
Speaker 3: That don't mean rapper has got to be beholding him.
Speaker 4: But once again, I don't even know what these rappers politics are. I have no idea. They performed at a crypto ball inauguration weekend. What does that mean? So so so so by that logic, Donald Trump is I mean Barack Obama's a Trump or tuning, but President Biden Trump that if that, if that, if that logic holds up, and that's what I'm saying, Like so, it's.
Speaker 2: Like comes by virtue of being in the area conrotivity sign saying you're saying you're basically saying you're co signing this person and their actions and beliefs. Yes, that's probably the optics. We can admit the optics on at all terror the greatest optics. But yeah, know well, guys man, brother, thank you all the way.
Speaker 3: You're ready for the show.
Speaker 2: Always pressure speaking to you. I know you'll get ready for the show. This has been another great episode of the Daily Show. Behind the show, my name is Astro Walmack.
Speaker 3: Can I recommend the book real quick.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Anita Colepax The Wind, The Wind on Her Tongue, The Wind On Wind on Her Tongue. It came out this week. It is a sequel to her book Shallow Waters.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it is a it's a release off of my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing a Simon and Schuster. And I know people that listen to The Daily Show podcast read.
Speaker 1: No Ata perfect place to plug a book.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Anita Colpax The Wind on Her Tongue available everywhere you buy books now.
Speaker 2: Check that out, Check that out, check that out, and also check out this episode we got with Charlottage and God.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Peace Hers.
Speaker 5: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 3: Plus Paramount Podcasts