Speaker 1: This is a Jesse Kelly show.
Speaker 2: It is the Jesse Kelly Show.
Speaker 1: Let's have some fun.
Speaker 2: On a Thursday and get ready.
Speaker 1: For a show tonight. Why because it's history time, baby. It is the eightieth anniversary of D Day. I am going to tell a history story tonight about it. A portion of it you may know, you may not know, but either way, I'm gonna do it. And it ain't gonna be five minutes. And I gotta let you know right now that I'm a liar. I told you last night I think it was, or the night before that. I thought it would be the start of the second hour. Forget that crap. We're starting right friggin now. We are going to tell a history story. And yes, I understand there's some news today. Joe Biden is out there. He's talking about Vladimir Putin. He's justifying his decision to launch missiles into Russia. It's really bad. I understand that's out there. I get that. I've heard.
Speaker 3: He said the supply of high precision weapons to Ukraine for strikes on Russian territory is direct participation.
Speaker 1: In this war.
Speaker 3: He went on to say that this is the way the serious problems and again talked about Russia's nuclear capabilities. Does that concern you?
Speaker 1: I've known them for over forty years. Yeah, we're in deep trouble and we're going to talk about that. I am also going to address Hillary Clinton's comments today about D Day. They were despicable, as you can imagine. After all, it's Hillary Clinton. In fact, I wonder, I wonder which has a bigger body count? What will set aside that for a moment? What, Chris? We're just asking questions. And yes, I heard Biden's comments about D Day today and all these other things, and I'm going to get to these things. Trump talking about retribution, would he do it? Would he not do it? Teachers emails? So that we are going to get to this stuff. But I've got to let you know right now it's gonna be a bit. I want to talk about D Day. I want to talk about heroes, history, fear, sacrifice, And we're doing that right friggin now. Why because I want to That's why. So buckle up now. I want you. I want you to imagine something. Three am. Alarm goes off, it's time to get up. You get up. Obviously it's dark out. You're nervous, You go down to the chow hall with all your friends, and you know you should eat, after all, it's going to be a long, long, long day ahead of you. But you understand that there's a decent chance you're going to die that day, and so are your friends, and so you tend to not be that hungry. You shovel as many eggs powdered eggs into your stomach as you can, and then you go get your gear, weapon, kid, everything you need. You and your buddies you go down to the shore. It's cold out, it's dark, rainy. You have these boats sitting there, and these are not pleasure boats. There are boats that are actually run by the English. They're landing craft for you and your friends. You're about to get on these boats. You're careful not to step in the water because the water is freezing cold too, and you're already shivering from nerves and the cold outside. You don't really want to get wet, but you and your friends you stack onto these boats. They're not big, and about twenty five of you are getting onto these boats. You get onto the boat, boats are all around you and you begin motoring across the English Channel in the waves. It is not calm. The weather has been dreadful. The weather was dreadful the day before. The weather is about to be dreadful again. The seas are rough. To put it mildly, Remember that water you wanted to keep off you. It's soaking you. The waves are pouring over the side. You are seasick, most of your friends are. And the waves are in the very least deluding the amount of vomit that's in the bottom of the boat. You and your friends, while you're not lighting cigarettes or trying to make jokes or praying to God, are having to use whatever you can find to bay water out of the boats just to keep them afloat. In fact, you just watch one of them, with some of your buddies in it capsize. It's upside down. You don't know if any of your friends are alive. But the timetable being what it is, means you have to keep going. And did I mention it's dark early in the morning and soon? I say soon? But takes you about an hour to cross this channel with the waves and the vomit and the nerves and the fear, And soon you can see out ahead of you like it's a scene from Lord of the Rings a long cliff. You know you're approaching the shore and the cliff is dark. In fact, it's so dark out that when you first see the cliff, the cliff looks black. Only as you get closer and closer and closer to the cliff, the cliffs start shooting at you, little flashes, tracers coming out at you. Your buddy beside you just got hitting the guts, doing the best you can to patch him up as the waves still come over the side. Another boat beside you takes a direct hit from an artillery round or mortar round. You don't know, but everyone in that boat is now pink missed. They're gone. And you know your job that day is to land on a narrow spit of beach underneath that cliff and climb to the top of it and kill everyone on top, or die trying. We're about to tell a little story today about and I'm going to screw up the pronunciation of this, because apparently no one knows how to pronounce it, including me. I have always called it point to hawk, I've heard it called, and I've done so much on this over the past twenty four hours. Point d ho poind'hoe point too. I've heard it. We're just gonna call it the point for now. And what is it? Okay, Well, we'll get back to what it is in this story, but first let's do a setup for how we got here. How did these brave men in the Second Ranger Battalion find themselves in this situation at all? And remember this is eighty years ago today, and there are precious few of these men alive, and man, do they deserve all the respect in the world. Okay, so forget about that. We'll come back to that exact story. We'll come back to that moment. Let's do a little setup for what was going on. First D Day was called Operation Overlord, But what was the deal? People get? The World War Two can confuse people on how the timeline adds up. It's an odd kind of a timeline, especially if you listen to this show for any of time, where you find the Pacific portion of World War Two to be fascinating. It's weird when you find out, wait a minute, D Day was in nineteen forty four. The Pacific War had been going on for years before we finally launched into Europe and gained a foothold into Europe. Our guys, remember when we had that talk in the Pacific about our guys dying on Pelulu. We'd been marching through the Pacific fighting the Japanese, and finally we were fairly close to the Philippines. We'd already fought our way through Guadalcanal and all these places, and we were almost to the Philippines and we stopped in Pellu. And Pelolou was this terrible, terrible fight, and it was awful and things like that. Pelolu was actually not very well known, not talked about that much in the United States of America. Why all that fighting, all those islands, all that takeover, it had already happened by the time and Pelelu happened. That was day day. You see how different the timelines line up. We kind of tend to think in our minds, oh well, well, of course we're fighting back against the Japanese at the same time we're killing those dirty Germans. It didn't work that way at all. Now, there are many many reasons for this, but one of the main reasons was Hitler had fortified Europe. That is something you've probably heard of before, or at least you've heard that phrase, but what does that actually mean. Well, remember, let's focus on Germany for a moment. Germany. The Germans traditionally are outstanding militarily. I need to stress this point. A lot of the leaders, most of the leaders of the World War Two German Army, they were guys who were officers in the World War One German army, and the World War One German army was a maze. There are people I'm not enough of an expert to argue this point, that there are experts I have listened to, In fact, the experts I've talked to who will argue until they're blue in the face that the World War One German army is the finest army that has ever taken the field in the history of the world. That's how incredible the Germans were at fighting, organization, logistics, aggressive battle tactics. They were very, very, very good at what they did, and the evil of Nazism overshadows a lot of how good they were at what they did. I'll continue on with our D Day talk on this eightieth anniversary of D Day. In just a moment. Maybe you're eighty, maybe you're forty, however old you are Pain is part of life now, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: It just is. We don't want it to be though. We don't want to wake up and our foot hurt. Oh man, my next sore, oh my wrist. We don't want to live with pain. And you don't have to live with pain every day, that nagging, aching pain. You don't have to live with pain because relief factor is there that tomorrow morning when you wake up and something sore. I want you, as you're rubbing it, as you're looking at it, I want you to say to yourself, relief factor is going to make this better. Relief factor is all natural. You take it for a few weeks, it builds up in your system. You take relief factor for three weeks and tell me how that pain feels. It helps your body fight that inflammation. Go get some three weeks one eight hundred the number four relief or relief factor dot com. We continue with D Day next.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care if you believe him, but he's right.
Speaker 1: Jesse Kelly. It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Thursday. In case you're just now joining us, good news, you didn't miss that much. We're doing D Day history today. I was kind of doing a setup on D Day, eightieth anniversary of D Day, And in fact we're gonna tell a more specific portion of D Day. We're not gonna do a general rue. I'm just doing a general overview right now to set us up. Also, I do need to remind you that tomorrow is Ask Doctor Jesse Friday, all three hours. I answer whatever questions you email into the show. They can be about anything. I don't care, but we just have fun on Fridays. Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com is where you email those questions. Ask me anything. All right, Back to D Day, Okay, So Hitler his German army, they were very very good in the very beginning, not because of Hitler, who was really, frankly a moron. But Hitler's generals leading the Wehrmacht were very capable men, very experienced men, and they had won some victory they weren't supposed to win. The Germans were not supposed to win the Battle of France on paper. We all look back now, we make fun of the French ah the French gave up on paper that French army should have defeated the Germans. The Germans were just better faster, smarter, It just got the job them. So while we had already been fighting in the Pacific for some time, a couple of years, while figuring out how do we get into Europe? And remember, getting into Europe with an army is way different than getting into Europe with one dude or with a unit. How do you get a beach head? Where do you get a beachhead? You have to have a beachhead, Remember a beachhead. It's simply you landing on the shore and taking enough land on the shore that you can bring all the men in equipment and the food and everything else you need on and begin a military campaign. How do you do that? When the German army is so good at fortification, at battle, doctrine, at these things, where do you even go? Do you try to come up from underneath? We tried that and there was horrible fighting in Italy. It was called the soft underbelly of Europe. It was by no means the soft underbelly of anything. Now, when the Italians were fighting it, yeah, it was a soft underbelly of Europe. But as soon as the Germans came in and said, gosh, you guys suck, and the Germans took over those positions. I mean, my goodness, Italy is it's a natural fortification. It's all mountains and valleys and rivers. You don't want to fight a bunch of Germans on the side of a friggin mountain when they're dug in. This is very hard. Where do you go? Eventually it was settled on by Roosevelt, Churchill and others that the only way you could possibly do this was across the English Channel. Across the English Channel going to northern France. Now, remember the other guy gets to say too, the other guy thinks too. The other guy's trying to figure out what you're doing. So Hitler had three thousand miles he had to fortify along his Atlantic Wall. Now, Germans are what they are. They're engineers, they're organized. There are people that are really really good at this kind of thing, and they make three thousand miles of hell it's three thousand miles of pillboxes, barbed wire tunnels, rail lines back and forth to supply troops, bombs, bullets, everything else. The intricacy of the defenses in Northern France and World War Two are honestly amazing. It is amazing. It is extensive what the Germans said done so America. They were getting ready to launch. Now, let's pause on America for a moment, because we're gonna go to the unit we're specifically talking about today, the Rangers. Everyone knows who Army Rangers are now, rightfully so, as much as it pains me to do so, Rangers are studs. Rangers are studs. The marine in me wants to just totally besmirch the Army, But I'll be honest with you. I love Army Rangers. I have a bunch of Army Ranger friends, and they are studs then. And now you meet an Army Ranger, you're meeting somebody. They were considered then. In fact, if you read stories about them now, they'll call the Rangers that were starting then the first of the special Forces. They were considered a special elite group. Here's what was going on. The United States Army knew by this point in time, the military knew that we were going to be going in through northern France. We'd been flying planes overhead trying to get what kind of terrain are we dealing with. We'd been dealing with French resistance fighters, who deserve all the credit in the world. We love to mock the French, and I love doing that too, because who doesn't like to mock the French. But the truth is, France itself has an incredible history of war and the French resistance fighters in World War Two after France fell, the guys, the men and women who decided to be spies, saboteurs, they are amazingly brave and a lot of those people they died doing what they did. They died, a lot of them died having their fingernails pulled out. That the French resistance is an underrated part of World War Two that people don't talk about. Well, the French resistance was feeding us intel two and we're going to come back to that in a little bit. Hey, this is the type of train, this is it, this is that. And as the Army was looking at what they had, they figured to themselves, man, we really need we need some specialists here. We are going to need more than just normal ground troops for what we're about to do. Yes, we need normal ground troops. We need guys who can go in on gliders, airborne troop types. We need guys who can scale cliffs and fight while they're doing it, and so the idea of these rangers began, and we'll come back to them in just a moment. Hang on fighting for your freedom every time the Jesse Kelly Show.
Speaker 4: It is The Jesse Kelly Show on a Thursday, the eightieth anniversary of D Day, and we are doing the best we can to honor those men and their sacrifice by telling their story, a more specific story about D Day than is normally told.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of giving an overview and then we're gonna keep zooming back in on the specifics. But right now, let's get back to those specifics we're talking about. The rain Army realizes they're going to have to navigate some extremely hostile terrain when they go into northern France, and cliffs are going to be part of that. Now, let's pause for a moment. How much experience do you have climbing cliffs. I do not have a lot, but I will tell you my experience in what it was in the Marine Corps. I've explained many times, when you're in an infantry unit, any kind of an infantry unit, you spend all your time training and training for different kinds of combat. They're going to send you to the jungle. They're going to send you to the desert. They're going to send you to the mountains. They send us to mountain warfare training. Almost every Marine, probably every infantry Marine goes to mountain warfare training. I did it myself with my unit. As part of mountain warfare training, we had to climb cliffs, climb mountains. We had a rock climb, we had to climb up them, and we had to repel down them. I personally am not a huge fan of heights. I used to be flat out scared of heights, but because of Marine Corps mountain warfare training, they essentially beat that out of you. You don't have it, I mean, you don't have an option when you're repelling off of an eighty foot cliff without any kind of a harness. It's just you and your pack on in a rope. You gotta got up. You gotta got up, I mean no other way. And so yeah, and I will tell you this, climbing and going down. We'll focus on going up because that's what these rangers are gonna end up doing. Climbing itself with nobody else there is exhausting and it's terrifying, the fear of heights, which is really the fear of falling is one of, if not the most reasonable phobias. I don't want to fall from some high place. I sawes. I saw marines have mental breaks. I won't call it breakdowns because they ended up getting their stuff together. I saw marines have mental breaks in mountain warfare training in peacetime. No bombs, no grenades, no Germans, nothing but support all around them. You get halfway up a sixty foot rock face and you get yourself stuck, or you get yourself This happened a lot. In fact, this happened to me. You get yourself exhausted. It's so physically grueling, physically exhausted that you can be climbing up and doing fine in your techniques, fine, and you even have a route picked and you're going, but it is so taxing on your hands, your forearms, your legs, if you're not holding your feet the proper way. It's very tempting to keep your heels above your toes. That's a human nature thing. Well, if you do that, your legs will be shot. You have to keep your heels below your toes as you climb. It's just it's exhausting. This is in peacetime, you can find yourself stuck on the side of a cliff exhausted. Now let's go back to these rangers. They decide they're gonna start some rangers. They begin training in Tennessee. They bring in two thousand men. These are picked from the cream of the crop from the army. And it was all volunteer. If you were a stud with some army unit and you wanted the opportunity to be a ranger, you signed up and you volunteered, and they wanted to go see what you were made of. How brutal was it. Two thousand of the best signed up and walked in. Five hundred walked out as rangers. It was brutal training they put them through, and the rangers. I was actually listening to some one of these old rangers this morning when I was on the way in. It was funny talking about it. Said we were doing so much mountain climbing and cliff climbing. He said, we weren't stupid. We figured out wherever they're sending us good memory. They didn't know wherever they're sending us. Wherever we're going, it's going to involve some climbing. I know it's going to involve climbing. And the heights alone were breaking. Men, men were quitting, men were falling. Men couldn't handle it. And they take these two thousand men and whittle them down to five hundred rangers. These rangers eventually are trained up, ready to go and off to Europe. They go. Now, let's pause on Operation Overlord or on the Ranges for a moment and go back to Operation Overlord, because this is what's happening. As we prepare for the invasion. Hitler knows we're coming. He's got spies all over England. He's got planes overhead. The Germans were not fools. They knew we were coming somewhere. They knew we had large quantities of troops and gear in England. They knew we were going to trust across the English Channel. They're not stupid. The question was where. So we did many, many, many different things to attempt to deceive the Germans. And there are fascinating books written about this. I won't go into a bunch of detail about it. Paten, Jewish producer Christians, brought this up. Where was Patent during all this? Remember, Paten, he had already been he was already a legend by this time because he had already been fighting in Africa, beating up Rammel and the Germans in Africa. Patten was a legend, so Paten would be the natural leader for an invasion like this, except Patten had been sidelined. If you've ever seen the movie, or maybe you've read the book, you understand what happened. Patten is one of these old school, hard charging types, the kind of general you'd want leading you in combat. Paten uh not a man who was a big believer in PTSD, if you will. Patten walks into a hospital. He goes in to visit his wounded men. Guys are there, shot to pieces, missing limbs, and Patten comes across a guy who doesn't have any physical injuries, and Patten just kind of a I lib the whole thing here, says what's wrong? Why are you here? You're right beside a guy who doesn't have a leg Why are you here? And the guy explains to Patten, probably justly, I don't know that mentally he can't do it anymore. That wasn't really the kind of thing you said to George Patten. George Patten, in a famous incident, slapped the guy called him a coward, called him yellow. And this immediately hits the American papers. In case you thought that worthless journalists were just a new invention, they were around back in the forties too. America's bleeding heart loser newspaper writers took this story and began to destroy Patten's reputation. Who's this evil monster all these other things. Well, now Roosevelt feels pressure to act. Remember Roosevelt still a politician who has to win reelection about a thousand times. Anyway, Roosevelt needs to take patent off the battlefield. But you can't really take patent off the battlefield completely because he's so good at what he does. In one of the coolest little side stories you may have never heard before, the Germans surprise, surprise. They were very organized and they were very knowledgeable about the different generals they were facing, and they had grades for the different generals. Hey, this guy's on the defense. We don't want to face him. This guy's kind of a loser. Let's hope he attacks us. There the top rated general for the offensive for the Germans, if they had to face one guy who was charging them, attacking them, Patton was number He was the one they feared the most. He was too smart, too aggressive. He knew about flanking, he knew about speed, and Roosevelt knew this too. He was too valuable. So you have to sideline Patten. You can't sideline pat So Patton got involved in this operation. Overlord and I will come back and I'll continue our talk here. I don't have any idea how long this is gonna go. It's probably gonna be a while. Anyway, I did want to read this really quickly here. It's a very long email. I won't I won't read it all. Guy says, Hey, Jesse, I never heard you heard from me before until about a year ago. To be one hundred percent honest, When I first heard you, you were in goofy funny mode, and I thought to myself, what a dork. How does this guy have a radio show? I heard your more serious tone when you talk about the issues. You don't pull punches. It was very inspiring. Anyway, he goes on to say he loves the show. Now the guy has some some medical problems I won't go into. And he says, when I heard you talk about pre born on your show, I knew then that that was a good way to make an impact. I always felt like if people could truly see the baby and see what they're doing taking the life of a baby, that God would put it on their hearts and many would change their minds. I heard the statistics when a mother sees and hears the ultrasounds, something like eighty percent choose life. That's true. That's why I talk about Preborn anyway. The guy says, so you inspired me to donate to Preborn. Listen to this. I was on their site and had said an ultrasound machine costs fifteen thousand dollars, so I decided to donate one hundred and five thousand dollars to buy seven machines. He received some prayer from the people at Preborn when he called. He finishes by saying, thanks for all you do. Keep up the good work. I wish you and your family the best. He didn't say I could read his names, so I won't, but he actually attached a copy of the check and thank you. Thank you, not just to this guy, to all of you. You have saved so many lives. It's not just an organization. This money goes to lives. People walk the planet because of what you've done with Preborn, and I just wanted to say thank you. That's all. If you want to do that, I don't expect you to do one hundred and five thousand, but if you want to, it's all tax deductible. Twenty eight dollars buys that ultrasound for that young lady. Preborn dot com slash Jesse all right, we'll be back.
Speaker 4: It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: This is normally a political slash funny slash food talk show, but as you know, it's a history show from time to time because that's what I love so much, and there are so many great lessons there.
Speaker 1: And today's the eightieth anniversary of D Day and so we are talking about that. If you're just now joining us and you're worried.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I missed out on a bunch of stuff, well you did.
Speaker 1: But don't worry. I'm not near done yet. If you missed any part of it you want the whole recap, you can download a podcast to the show on iHeart, Spotify iTunes. Also, remember tomorrow's Ask Doctor Jesse Friday, So get your questions emailed in right now to Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot Com. Back to Operation Overlord D day, and we'll get back to the second Ranger Battalion in a moment. Patten had been sidelined because he slapped some dude who claimed he had PTSD, but not totally sidelined. We were doing all kinds of things trying to fool the Germans where we were gonna land. Patten was put in charge of a lot of this on the English side. If you've ever heard or read stories about inflatable tanks and fake troops and things like that, it was Patten who was leading all that stuff. He was in England handling all that. You can sideline Patten, but you can't sideline him all the way. Guys like that win wars for you. Now back to the day, we had been using our air Force, even though the Army Air Force, to keep in mind the actual air Force didn't exist yet. Using the Army Air Force, we were bombing the living daylights out of all parts of this coastline. Remember I said, there's three thousand mile and three thousand miles of Atlantic coastline. Remember you can't just bomb the part you want to land in, because then you're telling the Germans exactly what's coming now, Baz, Let's talk about the Germans set up for a moment, because for the point of our story this actually is fairly important. Okay, So Normandy, north of France, you have seen, Chris, that was my chair. I accidentally banged it on the desk. That is that what you heard? Is that coming? That is that the microphone picking that up? Oh well, Chris, dude, can't you do some radio stuff with that? Anyway? So the German side northern of France. North of France, you obviously you know that there are beaches there. I'm not going to insult your intelligence. You know there are some cliffs there. In fact, that's going to be a huge part of our story. Yes, the Germans had so many positions set up above these beaches, on the cliffs, on the hills above the beaches. They had all kinds of not just machine gun nests, bunkers, pill boxes and other things. They had various things in the water out in the water. If you've ever seen, like saving Private Ryan's a great example of this. Kids, not for you, ask mom and dad first, please anyway, saving Private Ryan the gigantic anything you can do to block boats from coming in. Some of these were steel, some of these were concrete. But anything you can do, the Germans had done it. Barbed wire everywhere. Now that was the hills and that was the beaches. But there was more to the setup behind all this. Right behind all those guns and machine gun nests and things like that. Up on the hills, there were roads and there were rail lines, mini rail lines. Some the Germans had built, some were already there. The purpose of this was because we didn't know, or we didn't know because they didn't know where the Allies were going to land. You had to have if you were the Germans, you had to have the ability to move men in equipment back and forth quickly. So if we happen to land down gear, then we're gonna go down there. And to give you some idea of the size, and this is hard to visualize radio wise, but let me give you some idea of the size. The Normandy D Day landings, the beach landings that you've read about, that you know about, that you've seen in the movies. There were five of them, five different landings. I'm not gonna name them. All details ruined the story. Don't worry about that. The only two worry about for our purposes today. Were the two American ones, Utah Beach and Omaha Beach. One of those stretches alone you tend to think about, at least I do. I tend to think about them as being small. If you had asked me, hey, how long was this one stretch of beach? I would say five hundred yards? Sounds reasonable, right, five hundred yards pretty long? Try six thousand. That's one stretch, and there were five landing six thousands. So these things are stretched out back to the Germans behind the lines, roads, railways, moving German troops, equipment, bombs, bullets, everything back and forth behind them. Behind those people, they had so many German reserves reserve units that were stationed behind the lines, so they could then quickly mobilize and charge up to the line wherever the Allies ended up landing. Okay, it makes sense, all right, now pause on that. We'll come back to that in a moment. It's time to actually dig in to the second Ranger Battalion. Will I finish this history story next segment? Don't say no, Chris, I might. I'm I might not. My focus is just stay focused. Do I care? No, I don't know we're gonna tell the story until the story's done being told. Now, maybe right now you're enjoying this, hopefully you are. Here's what you need to do. You need to call somebody, text somebody and tell them to tune in for the next hour. Now, I want that call to go through. So I want you to make sure you're using a pure Talk phone. You see, I tell you about switching to Pure Talk because their CEO is a veteran. Because while the other phone companies, Verizon AT and T and T Mobile, while they're giving to Pride month, pure Talk's giving to America's Warrior Partnership. But it's not that you're just have to do this out of the goodness of your heart. You realize they're on the same five G network as one of the big guys. Right, you're not sacrificing anything. My coverage got better when I dropped T Mobile and picked up your Pure Talk better. I used to drop calls in my living room all the time. Now I don't do that anymore. Switch you'll save a fortune. They have plans for twenty bucks a month, twenty bucks a month for cell phone service. Who does that? Pick up your phone dial? Pound two five zero and say Jesse Kelly pound two five zero, say Jesse Kelly. Next hour we are Yes, I'm gonna get to Biden's comments today, Hillary Clinton's comments today. I saw all the stuff that any McKay was talking about. The FBI. Former FBI agent's, current FBI agents are worried about being locked up. Trump sat down, He's talking about retribution, Will he do it or not? Biden with his with his Vladimir Putin comments, and many other things. All these things are still to come. But for now, we're going to tell the story that was all the overview. It's all done. Now we're going to tell the story of the Second Ranger Battalion eighty years ago today and what they did for each other and for this country. Hang on.