Speaker 1: We're at number two in our countdown of the most listened to second date updates, and today we're highlighting Actually Brooks Specialty Ugly homemade meal creation guy.
Speaker 2: You always rag I am a good cook. I am inviting all over for dinner this year. That's my twenty twenty five resolution.
Speaker 1: Yes, to punish everybody with a saucage morette blea cheese vondue. Yeah, and just the visual appeal eat somewhork. But listen to it. In our number two second date update, it's called relationship recipe fail Enjoy Second dat up Date. Nowadays, most people who are on Facebook use it to either stalk their exes to find out who they're dating now okay, purchase discount Chinese made products off the marketplace, or angrily scream their political beliefs in all caps while vowing to unfriend anyone who disagrees with them.
Speaker 3: Everything that's happening in the world.
Speaker 2: This all checks out, right, But this all checks out, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Apparently there are some people who still use Facebook to find love.
Speaker 3: Are they Are they in that category?
Speaker 2: Are they're not in a senior center?
Speaker 1: It could be because that's what happened to one of our listeners, Eric, Eric, which extremist chat group did you meet your lady?
Speaker 4: We met on the comment sections of a Facebook group called gross food.
Speaker 2: Gross food. I think that is the only thing left that's fun on Facebook are the funny groups. You can be part of.
Speaker 1: That and the Brook and Jeffrey facebook page. Oh yeah, you should go follow if you haven't already. But tell us Eric about the girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Samantha?
Speaker 1: Okay, Samantha.
Speaker 2: What's funny is that? I wanted to ask first about the gross food that you both commented on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I was thinking that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was this chili berger and it just looks awful.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, someone's chilly is like a weird brownish.
Speaker 2: Not a real photograph friendly food. That is definitely for sure.
Speaker 1: Actually, Eric sent us a picture of the talking, so here it is. I printed it out.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It looks like somebody took two buns and then reached into a port at.
Speaker 2: Basically, I will it lives up to the gross food filter that you needed to post. Pretty disgusting.
Speaker 1: How did you guys start talking about it?
Speaker 4: She was like, is it bad that I want to put that in my faith, and I was like, Bucks, can I watch.
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Guys were meant for each other? Because after I saw that, Wow, that's a visual.
Speaker 3: It just looks gross.
Speaker 2: So did you actually, like you actually parlayed that into a date?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, sort of. I mean we started DMN for a while and I really did want to hang out, but she told me that she doubted I could actually watched her eat it because they've like three hundred miles apart.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I was gonna say, like, what are the chances you're in the same city.
Speaker 1: That's what video chat dates are for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that what you guys did? Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: So we stayed friends on Facebook for a few weeks and mostly just talk about food and getting to know each other and stuff. And I was finally like, Hey, what if I fly you out over my way and we try to cut the chili burger together? Nice?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to cook that thing together.
Speaker 2: Fly that's what you're thinking. I think she's going to spend a whole weekend with a stranger that she met on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Will get a hotel or he can get her a hotel.
Speaker 1: They also talked for a few weeks, he said before he made that offer, right.
Speaker 4: Still like a lot of time with but so she was kind of surprised, but she eventually said okay, and we showed the weekend to do it.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you guys spend a whole weekend together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: What was it like when you picked her up at the airport?
Speaker 4: Well, I offer heard, but she didn't want me to.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, she tried to get or she just tried to get three weekend vacation.
Speaker 3: But I'm ubering into the hotel.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of times we don't look our best as soon as we get off of an airplane. So maybe she needed some time to collect herself before the actual dates start.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, when did you guys finally meet up?
Speaker 4: She came over to my place and we have the same chemistry that we had online.
Speaker 1: Nice, that's really important, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then the disappointment started.
Speaker 2: Why he was disappointed both of you or both of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The recipe was just awful. So the one that we found said that you should bake the burger, like the raw meat and the chili and the cheese and everything together, all wrapped inside a tinfoil.
Speaker 2: Oh, so discussion.
Speaker 1: Wonder looks so awful in the picture.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're following recipes based on gross food pictures? Like, what do you expect to get to.
Speaker 3: The hilarious point right, like recreate?
Speaker 2: Why would you be disappointed?
Speaker 1: Like I get? I mean, how did that turn out?
Speaker 4: I mean after an hour it was a total mess, horrible and it just wasn't So I put it back in the oven and we tried cooking it some more and thought we eat again later, but she said it was getting late and she should go back to her hotel. Okay, wow, But I was like, you know, you can stay over, It's all right if you want.
Speaker 2: That sounds romantic. I mean, was there any chemistry between you two, like you're watching a show? Nothing happened, There was no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good kind of stry at the beginning of it. But like, as the anticipation for this nightmare burger that we've been waiting for and talking about for weeks, just rose, I just got nervous.
Speaker 1: Wow, so the horrible food that you planned to make was so horrible that it actually ruined the day?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, that grows emotionally as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did that night?
Speaker 4: Well? I got real nervous, and I was like, you want to play a board game? So I started pulling some that and stuff, but she wasn't into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to fly to a new city to play board games inside. I don't have taken her out at that point, shown her around.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a real restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get some good food.
Speaker 1: I don't know, playing candy Land with a stranger in his apartment could be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: That sounds like Facebook, honestly, circle. So did you guys meet up the next day?
Speaker 4: No, she took it early flight home and that was that ow wow.
Speaker 2: She even paid the change fee to make it happen. You're desperate to get out when that happened.
Speaker 1: There is a looking kind of bleak at the moment, but we've started off with worse.
Speaker 2: Do you like her still?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Of course. I mean that's why I reached out. I mean, I want another chance that something that isn't going to go terrible.
Speaker 3: And you had chemistry beginning before you cook. You said you felt the same chemistry. So there's something there, but you gotta find it.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: We're gonna help you find it. We're gonna play a song. We'll come back, call Samantha for you and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: All right, awesome, thanks? All right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, how do two people hundreds of miles apart have a common bond? I'll tell you how.
Speaker 2: Sound deep, Jeffrey, It's.
Speaker 1: Through gross looking food. Yeah, because that's where they met. On a Facebook group dedicated to ugly meals talking about Eric and Samantha. They both commented on the same chili burger, and sparks flew from there. It isn't like amazing that people can connect that way.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I actually do love that any type of food.
Speaker 1: I will continue to stay off Facebook.
Speaker 2: This didn't do it for you.
Speaker 3: You don't belong there.
Speaker 1: Flash forward to their wedding and it's like, I married this woman because we both commented on a burger that looks like it was found in an outhouse at Coachell. I love this woman.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are getting way ahead of yourself. We couldn't even get through one successful night after he paid for a plane ticket.
Speaker 1: You can focus on all the negative stuff, but I think life is pretty great. That's good Jo.
Speaker 3: Chili cakes.
Speaker 1: It might not be that great because they did try to recreate the recipe that they saw online, which took so long that Samantha left and went back to her hotel and then rebooked her flight home for the next morning. What's your take on this type of mess? You love?
Speaker 2: Maybe she just wasn't as dedicated to gross food as you thought. Yeah, I mean, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying, can you hear that you're too good for her?
Speaker 2: She actually likes attractive food.
Speaker 4: I mean we have a great conversation for like multiple weeks of that, so I think we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: That's true, you guys, just a.
Speaker 2: Long way for that still to be a thing though, Like the jo should have ended. Yeah, did you connect over other things?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean we talked about a bunch of stuff over the phone and buy a text of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, broke a bunch of stuff. Okay, connect Yeah, stuff. All right, now we're going to ask her a bunch of stuff when we call Samantha and try and get the second date update for you. All right, Eric, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely please, And like I know, you guys normally do like gift cards or something, but if you could get her just a flight out, that would be great.
Speaker 2: Let's down, Eric, have you looked at a radio station's budget lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's three hundred Delta gift cards. Yeah, we'll work on it. Let's just dial her number and see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey is a Samantha. Yeah, hey, Samantha. What's up? This is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I may not listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're on in your city. Yeah, we're on in a lot of cities. Samantha show. Hi a radio show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And we do a segment here called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you. After you went. You went out really far from him. You flew three hundred miles to hang out with him.
Speaker 5: Eric called you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he thanks, You're fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's so weird, really, I don't know, Like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he went long ways to make sure that you could come visit him.
Speaker 1: He played for a technically she went a long way used him.
Speaker 2: But you guys had a big connection, Like why would you say yes to an entire weekend with somebody if you didn't.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is like really awkward to talk about this generally, but like, I don't even know if you guys are real people like you got.
Speaker 1: Us we are robots. It's so sorry. I loved it so bad. Only a human could have possibly come up with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're real.
Speaker 1: We're real, and we're seriously trying to help out one of our listeners because he's really confused after your hangout. He does not know why you ran back to your hotel and then booked a flight home the next morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but like, did Eric tell you the story?
Speaker 1: I mean, we heard about your guys are going to make a chili berger at his apartment and it was taking way longer than expected, started to get late. He tried pulling out some board games, and you had to go. That's all we really know.
Speaker 2: He feels.
Speaker 5: I had to go because he kept asking me to stay the night. And that was the first time we.
Speaker 2: Met, right, he said, he mentioned that he told you he could stay, but.
Speaker 5: He kept asking me, and I was like, Eric, I don't know you, like this has been a nice date, and he was like pouting. He was like doing the guy thing of like, oh, but like you came out here, like I really like hanging out with you. All of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was making you feel guilty about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm like, I don't even know you, like you almost like you invited me here and your false pretenses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's understandable.
Speaker 1: We did not know that he made you feel that way. And honestly, I don't know if Eric realizes he made you feel that way either, but we can ask him right now because he's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I was just trying to be hospitable. And it's well the fact.
Speaker 5: That I wasn't like answering your track staffer should say something, Oh.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, all right, everybody, it's hard.
Speaker 2: You're not a man of many words. Maybe you should have like talked to her more. Maybe that's why she felt uncomfortable, because the only thing that was coming out of your mouth was that question, over and over again.
Speaker 1: Were you drinking that night? Maybe you forgot that you asked that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess. I mean, I don't know. I don't think it's that rude to offer someone to not have to go drive their car rental car around a city they don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I said that I didn't want to stay. So I'm actually really glad I got a hotel because what kind of possession? What did that put me in?
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, you paid for your own hotel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but I mean I had to stare better room for you. I guess I didn't really go into the details about everything, but probably should have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoa, I mean, I wouldn't even have done that. I don't know you. I'm like single going into a new city that I don't know, and then like it would have been different if we were like boyfriend girlfriend, like officially dating, but we weren't, and this was just like a first time thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, well do you want to be my girlfriend?
Speaker 1: I don't think that was what she meant.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, although it is a.
Speaker 1: Good question, would you have an answer for him? Samantha, Stop it not like that.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to do that over the radio.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the radio move wasn't good. Maybe you should text her the question.
Speaker 2: I don't think that he was purposely trying to make you feel uncomfortable. But Eric, I do think if you're going to invite a woman into your city, you have to go the extra mile to make sure she feels safe and that she feels comfortable.
Speaker 3: Coming from someone who has offered and flown girls out to cities, Okay, you always make sure they know they have a hotel.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. You do your thing. It's all about communications. Show them that gesture. Take the front door off of the hinge, just so that you can get out whenever you want. It is wide open.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sam, maybe it just didn't cross his mind, you know, like guys don't have to think about that when they go into new cities to meet people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I mean I feel like I've just totally screwed the poocha on this one and there's no real recovery. But I mean, I'd still like to have a second chance.
Speaker 2: Was that a sorry I heard in there?
Speaker 1: I heard tell me about poop screwing. But let's call it. Let's call it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. No, this is just too weird. I feel like it doesn't make sense to like have strangers I've never met speaking for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it is one of those things you got to go with your gut on this, and that's that's what your gut's telling you.
Speaker 1: Well, I just don't want this potential relationship to go down in flames because so few people in this world actually bond over gross food.
Speaker 2: There's a whole page for it, Johnny. It seems like there's like hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 1: How many of them actually fall in love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's none, apparently.
Speaker 1: They We wanted it to be one, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I really wanted to try all shake that I saw with her.
Speaker 5: No, Eric, I think we're done here.
Speaker 1: Samantha, because we would offer to pay for that meatball shape on your second day.
Speaker 5: I think I can afford a make a meet all shake on my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking to money bags.
Speaker 2: Samantha makes her own meatballs. Jeffrey excuse me, broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, that may have been the most cringe worthy moment of the entire year.
Speaker 5: It would have been different if we were like boyfriend girlfriend, like officially dating, but we weren't, and this is just like a first time thing.
Speaker 4: Will do you want to be my girlfriend?
Speaker 2: What if he's listening right now? I had to live through at once.
Speaker 1: She's the one who said it. Honestly, thank god she said no to that, because if that worked, I would have thrown my headphones down and been like, I'm done with this job? Is it really that easy?
Speaker 2: What happened to you? All? Rooting for love again?
Speaker 1: He didn't even sound like he was into there for most of the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't sound like he's a guy who's like super passionate maybe about anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know, to be a romance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I feel like he learned a lot from this, so for example, not pressuring people to stay at his house when they don't want to.
Speaker 1: Make people feel comfortable. Yeah, I don't know if he actually learned that lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his lessons like, next time ask her to be my girlfriend, yeah, before I fly her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we can help you learn some important life lessons in your dating life.
Speaker 2: You just make fun of you afterwards.
Speaker 1: Sure, we'll do it all. Just email the show. We'll call the person who isn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,