Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another glorious episode of Busting with the Boys, Episode.
Speaker 2: One forty five.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna repeat that again because it sounds so sweet when it comes off the lips. Episode one. We are absolutely just out here, ladies and gentlemen. Things are going fantastic. You're subscribing, you're rating, and you're unsubscribing and you're rerating.
Speaker 2: Dude, is it a little cheek code? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But when we played PlayStations a little grand Theft Auto back in the day, what do we do? We hit the y, we hit the triangle square XXb, wet left right, all that shit and what happened? You got to fly or whatever the fuck you want to do in that game. A big thing is a huge deal, and I know we talk about it every single week, but you got to button up and listen very closely because there's a lot of main talking points today and you know your boys reading level. It's like a turbulent plane the way we get that thing going. The Chevy Silverado is the most dependable, reliable vehicle on the market.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hit these paragraphs now. You're gonna listen. You're not gonna jump forward. You're gonna listen everything going on here, because let me tell you something, it's almost drafty, and everybody's got an idea of what their team needs. And if you're looking to give your own team and a winning season, you need a new twenty twenty two Chevy Silverado from the popular popular LT model all the way up to the top of the line high Country. These new twenty twenty two's Chevy Silverado's have a redesigned in tier which gives the cabin a spacious and more premium feel.
Speaker 2: Elbowroom, boys and girls. Elbroom.
Speaker 1: We all need it, some more than others JP, but we all need that elbow room. It's available in the thirteen point four inch diagonal touchscreen. Silverado also offers, for those of you on w's a little smaller, the twelve point three inch Configurable Dry Configurable. It's a big word. It's a lot of syllables. Configurable Driver Information Center for new levels of personalization. Stop on the cleats and get off the road in Chevy's most capable off road pickup. The first ever Chevy ZR two next level off road capability right from the factory with multi mattic I had to read that. Just with multi mattic DSSV dampers for more suspension travel, front rear electric locking differentials, ensure that max power goes to all the wheels. Aggressive off road cut, front bumper and large underbody skid plate. That's a lot of words you so you know there's a little flare in those bumpers and when you hit something on the bottom, you got that skid plate. Make you nice and safe, ladies and gentlemen, Silverado is this is as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. Put some muscle on your team and make your story a strong one in the new twenty twenty two Chevy Silverado. It's a Chevy's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It really is. Thank you JP.
Speaker 1: It's outstanding. Boys and girls. You can get everything you want. You want the minivan you want, the truck you want, the sedan you want, the twudo, you want, the four to.
Speaker 2: You can get whatever you want because.
Speaker 1: That's what Chevy does. We hit you high, hit you low, you hit you right in the middle right. We gat afty.
Speaker 2: All day and night.
Speaker 1: We have an outstanding podcast for you guys today with mister Sam Darnold. That man has had a lot of triumphs in his life, and a little bit recently a couple of little rocky deals here and there. But let me tell you when we get into this podcast, when you see the whole thing, I think he does a phenomenal job of navigating those waters. His mindset on the whole thing, how he handles it, he lets things come to him, and he just keeps on going through life. I think it's an unbelievable thing. It's a little different than me. But there's a thousand ways to skin a catama, Right. I never understood that reference, but I guess that's what we're doing today, right, we're skinning cats. Sam's an outstanding guy group in San Clemente, California, and we did a couple of things with him. We did the tier talk with him, We did the locker room talk with him, the locker room top. He thinks gonna go one way and then it actually hits you on a different way. So buckle up for that whole thing. But as always, starting last week, we have our shout out and no free shout out of the week. Let's go boys, And let me tell you, boys, every week we get more and more excited for this one. The boys in the back start rumbling when we're outside, they start chattering, they start loving on ech.
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you till we start, because we got a big deal going. We got a lot of news today. But first we're gonna hit this shout out, no Free Shadow of the Week. We started with Bloss. Last time it was so good.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it again. Bloss. What do you got for us? Baby?
Speaker 3: So my shout out this week, Uh, I'm gonna have to go with probably an easy one, and I hope nobody else has it but Pat McAfee and Logan pol That.
Speaker 1: Is outstanding, outstanding because right before we got on the bus, I said, does anybody have Pat McAfee?
Speaker 2: But it's okay. I think I was in the restroom. Were you in the restroom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was in there.
Speaker 1: We're in there for about twenty thirty minutes. We had a whole conversation about it. But hey, regardless of how my feelings are right now, that's an outstanding shoutout, no Free Shot.
Speaker 2: Of the week. Would you care to elaborate on which one? Will you want? Both of them? No? No, no, no, I'll take them both.
Speaker 1: But I think it's an outstanding shadow which you got for.
Speaker 2: Us, Bloss. I swear I had no idea that I'm not mad at you at all. I'm kind of pissed at myself.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, listen, this is a little bit of adversity for our bus. But I'm glad you took it first. I should have gone to somebody el probably should hit myself first now looking back on it, hindsight's twenty twenty. But I'm proud of you jumping on and getting this thing done. Why did they get your shout out? No free shadow of the week?
Speaker 3: Yeah they get they get the shout out because of the athleticism they showed UH in wrestling and stuff like that, because people think about UH wrestling, you know, you know, the whole fake thing and all that other stuff. But there's an there's an art to wrestling, truly, whether it's selling punches, whether it's you know, being in like communication with them, like just being on the same page.
Speaker 2: That's tough. I think it goes.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot more difficult than people give them credit for. But to be a social media personality and then like making that jump to UH to wrestling and learning that quick and picking up on it. I thought it was awesome and they performed super well on the biggest stage. Just what the WrestleMania is a super Bowl of wrestling, Zach.
Speaker 2: R Yeah, I'm I'm guessing. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I've said before a lot of times I'm not a huge wrestling guy, but i do respect the craft and I'm a big fan of both of those individuals. Huge in the social media market, huge whether it's YouTube or Twitter or Instagram. Those guys are absolutely killing it every single day. I think going on the Pat Maxifee show, seeing how they do things, how they interact with each other, what they got going on, it's definitely something you look at as a guy doing a podcast also and go wow, it's pretty special. And also with the Paul brothers, both of them, right, they're like they're changing the world, They're changing sports, changing boxing. To go on this on an outstanding stage. For Pat to be able to do the whole beer thing with Stone Cold Steve Austin, then get that stunner put on them real quick, I mean, you gotta love it. That was an outstanding shout out. No free shadow of the week. I loved it, boss, I think it was outstanding.
Speaker 2: JP. What do you got for us? Baby?
Speaker 4: I got something that I should have shouted out a long time ago. Oh because right now it's kind of pass due for me. But I was driving around the other day and I was passing a school and the whole school is outside, all the kids are wild and for sure a fire drill. So I'd like to give a shout out. No free shoutouts to fire drills during tests.
Speaker 1: Goya, dude, it doesn't happen a lot. The test with the fire rold doesn't happen very often because you know those teachers, the faculty, everybody talks to each other. Hey, it's going to happen this time at one fifteen pm. Make sure you have nothing big going on. But when somebody messes up, whether it's the teacher of the faculty, and you get that thing, get a little break, get that nogg in, a little rest before you get another.
Speaker 2: Set in your classmates a little bit.
Speaker 1: Last week's het. What you're going on with number three?
Speaker 2: What is that? What is PI? I don't know. I thought it was I thought it was edible, and now it's numbering it for some reason. Yeah, it's a it's a crazy deal.
Speaker 1: That is a great shout out, no free shadow of the week. I loved it, every single bit of it. Jack, you hit us with something special last week. And I'm not saying you have to live up to the same standard as you did, but my god, sir, last week it was very special.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what you bring with us today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going a little bit in a very different direction this week. I don't want to bring the energy down on the bus because it's it's peak right now and we were having a little bit of energy focus earlier. We're trying to get back to this point. We're doing good, so I don't want to bring the energy down. But my shout out of the week is to the late Great Maggie Josephine McPherson. My grandmother passed away last week and I went to a funeral yesterday and she was ninety five years old. So she lived a beautiful, long, healthy life. And it just like seeing all support of like all these people who probably were her friend's children show up and just like speak about her and like speak on her name.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 5: So you just celebrate in your life. Just got to throw out on the bus shouting out, Maggie Josephine McPherson, that's mine for the.
Speaker 1: Week outstanding, outstanding shout out and the day it was it was a bit of a pivot, right, We're hitting different directions this whole thing, as we do every single week, and I think that's a that's a beautiful Did you happen.
Speaker 2: To say anything? Did you? Did you get up?
Speaker 5: I didn't say anything in the actual ceremony, but like I said, I got to speak to some of her one of her friends who's like ninety one and she's still like sharp as attack. And when you speak to someone who's had that much life and you can just see how someone affected them, it's just like you're like, damn, did I even know this person?
Speaker 2: Who's my grandmother?
Speaker 5: Like obviously you want to think you knew your grandparents and all your older relatives, but they live so much longer than you even existed. So it's just cool to see how people can truly impact other people's lives and make them feel like they can do.
Speaker 2: Better every day. So that's what she did. The transition of life. Baby.
Speaker 1: We're always in different seasons of her life, and you got to know your grandmother for a very long time, but you live a lot longer before you're even born. So I'm sure she's a beautiful woman. Look at you, right, I'm sure your mother and father are beautiful, and she must have been the same way. Shout out Maggie, Shout out Maggie. That was That was beautiful. And I love I love the different phases you're giving us. Right now, you're going, yeah, gotta go back and forth. But all if it's getting right with yourself before you get right with the world. Don't think I forgot about that, my boy. Don't think I forgot about that, Garrett. Let's go what you got for shout out? No free shot out of the week.
Speaker 6: My free shout out of the week is going to be finding the right barber for you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, gone, what you say about that? You hear that little crinkle in there? Hey, it's all right. You get a shower, you might be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, you're right. I always finish that workout and come right here. I'm a stinky boy.
Speaker 6: There's been a lot of you know, ups and downs with the barber. So I switched this more morning and I will be going back the east Nashville Beard and barber.
Speaker 2: Yay pop that I do have a hat on right now because I thought I was speaking a little gym. Yeah, sit a side piece for us. Very nice.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie. I thought he cut my neck doing the razor, but it was just that tight. Guys a pro pro Guys are procy.
Speaker 1: I'm always growing my hair out until I'm cutting it, you know what I'm saying. There's not a two week, three week guy. I kind of live with the ebsence only cut until the end of summer. Really probably, I can't wait to see it, And I can't wait to see your winter beard. Come back to that thing. That's that's that's a real man.
Speaker 2: Shit. You know what I'm saying, Crazy is it?
Speaker 5: This is a summer beard and not like I couldn't even grow a five percent of that summer beard and his winter beard is Grizzly Adams.
Speaker 1: Grizzly Adams, dude, a man of Alaska. You're up in there, You're up in the pines chasing bears down and beating them up. They see that beard, they start running. Yeah, your boy needs a haircut, probably a shower, uh, and yeah, the beard game. Jack I'm with you on that. Look at this air. That's some pubic hair running around my face. It's all the high that tragic jawline. Though, you know what I'm saying. We're all born with things in our lives. I got a small piece, I got a bad beard. Overall, four point five, am I right? That is an outstanding, outstanding Shadow of the week. As always, we're hitting him in all different phases. And I love the adversity that was brought to me today because before we got on here, I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, and I made the decision Pat McAfee was going to be my shadow. And if the Shadow of the week, I think everything he's done, I've already hit it. But he's a guy that killed it, followed his own dreams, said one day he was gonna do what he did, and went and did it. And that's an outstanding shadow. I can't take two because that'd be unfair and I wouldn't be doing my job as the captain of this ship right now, as our boy Will has just had his baby.
Speaker 2: By the way, By the way, that's the first time I just said that.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're no longer on Baby, Watch Baby, Watch Here we go up, Baby Watch homere time Now baby, what that's right? Will Compton has had his baby and she is as doorable as the sunrise.
Speaker 2: I will say she is a very, very beautiful baby.
Speaker 1: But I can't keep jumping around and I have to give my shout out, no free shout out of the week, and that one goes to Tyreek Hill signing that fatty contract.
Speaker 2: Going down to Miami.
Speaker 1: He not only got a massive contract, the taxes went down to boys and girls. He went down, he was at Kansas City, flew on down the Florida that Sunshine State in Miami, which I'm sure is an outstanding franchise. They have a beautiful color, beautiful color uniforms, beautiful tradition, a great owner and went to the University of Michigan and he, I'm sure, is you want to do great things with Jen?
Speaker 2: Was it Jalen Wattle? Is that his name? Jalen Wat?
Speaker 1: I don't want to get it wrong, but a couple of speisters on the side. Tua definitely has all all the things he needs. And that guy Cheetah they call him that for a reason. Guys outstandingly fast, made so much money and less taxes. That Boys officially has won the free agency twenty twenty two season. Let's get a little love. Get a little love to our boy Tyreek Hill. Not to jump backed on. Yes, Like as I said before, our boy Will Compton has had a baby, is now a He's been talking about it for a long time, but now he's in it. Boys and Girls, they're still at the hospital right now going.
Speaker 2: Through all that.
Speaker 1: I'll let Will talk to you about that process and how it all went, because honestly, it's it's not my place. I can't go in there and say, hey, this happened, and that happened. I know all of it right up here, it's right up top, but I'm not going to give it to you until Will has the opportunity to say everything that went on. Will say that Charles an absolute stud, handle herself crushed. It did amazing and now they have a beautiful baby because of it. So very happy for them. A lot of things happening, a lot of things going on. We got Augusta right, We got the Masters coming up in a little bit, but not only the Masters. We have the National Championship tonight, National Championship between North Carolina and Kansas, all right, and you're kind of thinking to yourself as a non basketball watcher, kind of feels like every year's like this, right, those two are really all in it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what we're doing. But Nashal shaving has happened.
Speaker 1: Stories history will be written tonight, And I want to know from the boys, who do you guys got?
Speaker 2: Yeah? North Carolina?
Speaker 1: Who is I'm an Eric Church is the number one fan apparently dipping on the boys, right, he dipped on the crowd, said sorry about it. I'm gonna go see this Final four game. And he has to show up at the finals, right, he can't not go to that. Yeah, I'm sure. I hope he has a concert tonight so he can double the fuck down on everybody.
Speaker 2: I hope he can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Bloss, I don't care if you take my pick this time, because there's only two.
Speaker 2: Who do you got tonight?
Speaker 1: Between North Carolina tar Heels and the Kansas was at Jayhawks?
Speaker 2: Jay rot what rock chalk? Jayhawks? Baby? That's their chant? I love it, dude. A couple of basketball schools out there killing it.
Speaker 3: I like I like you and c tonight, I like them riding high off of that that Duke Winn and how uh how that rivalry has kind of played out and how k to bed Huh yeah, absolutely on that tour. Yep, so I like uh, I like you and C tonight.
Speaker 1: No U n C you win C for Bloss. Yeah, great team, great team.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, we gotta go back and forth with a lot of these things, and I'm hoping for a little I hope it's not a clean sweep back here, but I can't tell you guys.
Speaker 2: What Oh yeah, Oh is Kansas the favorite?
Speaker 1: I love it, Bloss. I love how you're going against it. That's you're showing your Twitter personality right now, the way you're talking, baby, JP. What do you got for us?
Speaker 4: I got Kansas. I got Bill Seff in Kansas, he mentioned. I think Koski might text Bill self, the Kansas coach, give him a little inside scoop on UNC.
Speaker 2: I don't think could. I don't think that'd be cheating right done he retired. True, he can't get in trouble anymore. You can't have UNC win in the National Championship. No last year. Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: A little a little shot from Bloss there with no mic in his mouth, for a second.
Speaker 2: They had an opportunity to beat him, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: He said, boss is said enough like a wwe beef with you and now me.
Speaker 2: Apparently it sounds yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Bloss wants the hands. He wants the hands. And he's a cop too, so you know if you ever touched him, there he goes a salt. Brother, you're out of there. You're in the cuffs the bad way, like we talked about before. You guys want to put a little bet on it. You guys got a little thing, Yeah, that's been on it. Loser gets pepper spread.
Speaker 2: Hey easy, I'm just asking that. It was the first thing that came out of my head. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so bloss knows. What do you think JP be able to take a pepper spray?
Speaker 2: No? I can't take a peppers Okay, all right, No, ball's fine. What you got let's do? Uh? I don't know, gotta I got the Jeopardy themes that on my head right now?
Speaker 1: Boys, dude, dude, dude, no, you said wings. We're gonna we're gonna buy wings?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, hey, where are we going though? Strike out? Strike out? No free shouts to strike out?
Speaker 1: Probably the best wings in Nashville, though Basic probably watching this pissed off because Memphis are the best whatever, dude, whatever. Boss also called out Memphis they're not even a basketball town.
Speaker 2: We can get in that later.
Speaker 1: So we got wings on the line in the back. Let's hit the second row. We got Jackie boy.
Speaker 5: Who do you got a little context? I became a Bandwagon fan for the first time in my life when I was like nine, and it was to the un t Tar.
Speaker 2: He'll love that.
Speaker 5: The coat, I mean Roy Williams and the Tyler Hanes ver era, it was just electric to me. So obviously rolling with the Carolina Blue. But there's a new white post that's kind of sweeping around Brady Mannick. And if you haven't seen him, he looks like he's straight out of an Amish community.
Speaker 2: Kid fucking he's.
Speaker 5: A grinder, and I mean he's just kind of taking the storm. He's kind of taking the spotlight of what's homeboy's name from Saint Pete's Doug.
Speaker 2: Since Doug's kind of fizzled. It's not the same caliber, but Doug was a special.
Speaker 5: We'll throw a photo up of Brady Mannick. I actually tweeted at him from the bust and account giving him a formal invitation to come on the bus.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's got this energy.
Speaker 5: So I'm riding with the Carolina Blue to night, hoping they lock in another title.
Speaker 1: Bring it out for the fighting Amish dude. Guy's gonna kill it. That's out there. He looks like an Amish dude with the beard, the slick backed hair, looks outstanding. He's got a Tar Hills he is you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I did like the Doug guy. I thought he was outstanding. Yeah, he just looked like an accountant, didn't he But he was out there slamming them threes.
Speaker 2: All right, we got two to on Tar Hills. What do we got there? Gerret?
Speaker 6: I feel like I gotta go Kansas got to right? Yeah, the two too?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Is there any reason other one than you just want to be different? Or I guess that make everything?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know basketball really, so I'm cool either way. Good game could all I could ask for. I just think it's gonna be tough for you. And see come off of that hard game against Duke. There's some dudes shaking up. The guy in the post. I can't think of his name right now, he's a beast Amanda East.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 6: I could just see it being a little tough to get up for a big game like this. After in the Duke you and see games like what everyone wants. Yeah, so now, I mean if they do it, if they pull it off, it'll be badass.
Speaker 2: But for this sake, I'll all ride with JP. I love that. Would you too, carry to play it on? Yeah, well we'll do We'll do the same thing.
Speaker 1: The pepper spray. Yeah, we're not doing pepper spray content boys, I'm not gonna do pepper spray. Okay, So but if you win, Jackie'll do pepper spray.
Speaker 2: Yes, put him on the mic. Make sure he says yes, Yeah, I'm good with wings for sure. Okay, all right, all right, that's fair enough.
Speaker 1: I thought wants ask from the boys without even telling you about it before.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know that I was in coming to my head till it did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like Duke and U and C are the most storied rivalry. I'm not a basketball guy, so am I am? I right in saying that, And for those of you who don't, who who disagree with me, you're more than willing to call me out. I really have no dog in this fight. I guess bag Eric church Fan, I don't know how I feel about what he did, but uh, I'm going Kansas, boys, I'm gonna go on that one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it. I'm going Kansas.
Speaker 1: So put me down for the Wings as well against both of you. You guys gonna be fat little piggies when I'm doing all you whoever wins, fat little piggies. But not only is the National Championship game going on AUGUSTA, and I feel like I keep saying a gusta the Masters. The Masters happening next week, correct, this week, this coming week, this Thursday. I apologize. Listen, your boy's been living under rock for a little bit. I drank a little too much on Friday and it's kind of been in a little bit of a whirlwind ever since then. But the Masters is happening, and it really feels like the Masters sold out for Tiger Woods. They put the whole thing about him on there. Do we think Tiger Woods is gonna win this thing? Or is this a ratings clip here?
Speaker 2: What's that? Yeah? That's true.
Speaker 1: I mean more people including myself are going to tune into the Masters because Tiger Woods is on the game or on the in the match, on the game.
Speaker 2: No, I think that.
Speaker 6: I mean, anyone can win any weekend. I can't imagine being a young guy and then you get matched up with Tiger at the Masters.
Speaker 2: That's just got to be nerve racking.
Speaker 6: So in that aspect, I think I think he'll make a good run. But there's some studs. Yeah, like some young dudes that are studs. But I mean you always want to see Tiger on Sunday. If you see Tiger in red, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: You got John Rahm to win the whole thing. Absolute beast, John Rahm, He's an absolute beast.
Speaker 2: Is that who we're betting on? To Asu? He's a stud? Gotta love that.
Speaker 1: The ASU kids probably got a little venario disease in there too, right the way a SU rolls out there, that's a pretty crazy town. He seems like a pretty buttoned up guy. Is he a buttoned up dude? Yeah, I'm more of like a John Daily guy. He's a golfer, yeah, you know, John Daly is like that though, you know what I'm saying. So we got we got a lot of things going on. The Masters is happening there. That's going to be a storied, storied event as always, and Tiger being a part of it is just going to send that thing to the damn atmosphere. Boys and girls, now, listen. I've touched on it before. Sam Darnold, just come on. He was the third overall pick in the twenty eighteen draft by the New York Jets. Up and down there, right, we had an up and down thing going on. He had Adam Gase, the big eye guy right where he's doing this. You don't know what he's on as a coke is an LSD, but the guy must have been having a good time with that thing. It was a wild gig, right, and I'm sure he's a fantastic I've never met him, but the I thing really spooks you for a second, right, It gives you that pre October feel where you're like, man, it is a little spooky in here. He had to deal with that. I'm not saying he had to deal with it, but that was one of his coaches. Ends up getting traded to the Carolina Panthers and gets hurt. In week three, they bring in the long lost hero, Cam Newton, into that whole thing. And now things are up in the air with this future. We're not sure what's gonna happen with him, but I will say the guy's got just a good head on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: He keeps it mild, he keeps it dialed.
Speaker 1: And I think any Panthers fans, any Jets fans, and any football fans in general are truly going to enjoy this. Please buckle up, fasten those seatboats, keep your hands inside of the right at all time, and make sure you subscribe and rate five stars. And I know last time we jumped in right to the episode and then all of a sudden you thought you're getting Fred.
Speaker 2: Taylor and then boom, bing bang, boom, I hit it again. You get the ad read.
Speaker 1: So I'm just letting you know there's another ad read coming up right now because you got to pay the bills. And a lot of you people have been out there saying a lot of things, doing a lot of stuff, talking trash about her. You guys are doing it, baby, You guys are sitting this to the moon. So people want to jump on the bus and make sure their adreads are red. So if you're met anybody matter, yourself I said it before, I'll say it again. I'll say a thousand times. You guys are beautiful, but don't get mad at something you did yourself. Subscribe rate five stars, unsubscribed, and resubscribe and here's your next ad Reid icon pass. It all starts now. Icon Passes on sale for the twenty two to twenty three season. It's time to keep the stoke alive. Seek a season of fun in the mountains and do across fifty of the best key destinations in the world.
Speaker 2: Let's do that again, but let's all do you all right? Okay?
Speaker 1: It all starts now. Icon Passes on sale for the twenty two to twenty three season. It's time to keep the stoke alive. Seek a season of fun in the mountains, and do ye across fifty of the best key destinations in the world. When you claim this multidestination pass, you're dropping into a celebration of joy in the mountains. Whether it's immediate screen access, hooty and hollering down your favorite runs next season, or connecting with the crew for an afternoon brew, there's always an adventure for how you ride. These new pass options have been added to the mix that was a bit of a stutter there. Starting only two forty nine adult, the icon Pass Session two Day and the icon Pass Session three Day offer a range of affordable entry points, furthering the flexibility and availability for riders of all means and styles to experience this family of unique worldwide destination Explore pass options at iconpass dot com. Now, boys and girls, that was an outstanding one. I've said this before. I've never been skiing or snowboarding, but i cannot wait to do it. And when I do, I'm going to use icon Pass. We are going to get you. The Sam Darnold Podcast now episode now one five. It's unbelievable. Now right here, boom, there's gonna be a little button you can click if you're mad about things. Hey, the only way to take your anger out is to click this button, subscribe on some sscribe or resubscribe, and then leave us some comments. If you love it, if you hate it, if you're indifferent, doesn't matter. As long as you do five stars. We absolutely love it, So keep it up, keep going, love you, big hugs, tiny kisses, keep it up, Sam Donald, let's rip all. Yeah, we're already in the same You know this is actually my first time doing a podcast by myself. Not by myself, but like with somebody it's not Will Yeah, I could say I'm a little nervous right now. A man of your stature, all right, man who's making news around the league everywhere right now?
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know. I've read a couple of things I'm saying, don't pay attention, So.
Speaker 1: You don't pay attention to anything. No, I feel like that's a loadabull shit. Really absolutely, so you don't see any of the stuff people are saying.
Speaker 2: Things going on. It's not a healthy thing.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like one of those deals swear kind of forced to watch them.
Speaker 7: Well, that's why it's cool. When it gets brought up in person. Then they're like exactly like you just did. Yeah, actually, no, I don't know any news that's come out about me. Yeah, you can fill me in on everything. We'll have to in a little bit for sure. We're actually going right now. By the way, welcome to Busting with the Boys. Outstanding citizen with US today, third overall pick in the twenty eighteen draft, Sam Donald, Please give him around of applause.
Speaker 2: Voice Electro Stack to.
Speaker 1: Have him on charismatic individual. I've actually met him once before. If you guys didn't know this, at the Rebel Ranch, right, yep, we went. We were boozing together one day. Not a whole lot of boozing, but there were a couple of drinks passed around. Did you like the place?
Speaker 2: It was great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, live music, all the Brad Burberry right, yep. He came up and how do you guys know each other? Same class here, Brad, Yeah, it's all the same thing to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he's a he's a great dude. We just connected through really our agency really just people that we know. And then actually alignment that's on our team Pad offline is boys with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, through like training and stuff.
Speaker 7: So uh but yeah, they're all great dudes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Assault of the earth Cats and so you guys came up to Kve Creek. What brought you guys up there?
Speaker 2: Where were we that bar? Buffalo Chip? Yeah, I'll standing. So we had a night out in Buffalo Chip and it was great.
Speaker 1: Do you guys watch the bull riding and everything? Yeah, it's awesome. Give me one seconds. I am already leaking.
Speaker 2: Boys, Holy shit, don't look at that. Don't look at it. Hey, what did JP watch yourself? Now?
Speaker 1: Hy Sometimes you're sitting down in that chair a little bit and it's like, oh, it comes off a little bit. You guys, was a Buffalo Chip you saw bull riding, bull riding the whole thing. Little line dancing, Well you know how to line dance? Don't know, but I tried. I tried really.
Speaker 2: Hard, and that's all that matters is the effort. Effort. Yeah, no doubt. What So did you learn you don't have two step two?
Speaker 7: I've learned in the past just when I when we started line dancing and it wasn't going my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just kind of.
Speaker 7: Stepped to the side, no doubt, started, you know, doing my thing.
Speaker 1: Back and forth, that middle school thing. We kind of peer back and forth. You're staring at the other girls and we're waiting who's gonna make a move first type of deal.
Speaker 7: And then at Buffalo Chip, I feel like there were a lot of bros. Yeah out that night. Yeah, then you get down out there, dude, I give you a little hint online dancing. This might just be my opinion, but I feel like you leave line dancing for the ladies, right, they go out there, they get in their lines. They enjoy themselves and do all that two step ins where it's at.
Speaker 2: It was out, I was out.
Speaker 1: I was actually in Arizona this weekend, and I have a buddy out there. Bo Campbell guy can absolutely two step with the best. When he's stolen women around. There's no gravity when it comes to that man dancing, it's it's outstandless. Got way too drunk. I had no idea. It was one of those little Sipper deals and it would just it turned on me real fast. Yeah, it's not about me, this is about you.
Speaker 2: Now let's keep going. Now, let's talk about it. Let's keep the trade.
Speaker 4: Mell.
Speaker 1: Let's go to high school. I went to Chaperl High School. I went to Michigan. But you went to high school and you didn't just play football basketball player too.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Was there ever a point in your life where you're like, I want to do basketball instead of football?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, early on, i'd.
Speaker 7: Say, uh, I would say basketball is probably my first love.
Speaker 2: Why Kobe?
Speaker 7: Growing up the man my dad is a huge Lakers fan, obviously turned me into a Lakers fan as well. You know, even when the Lakers weren't winning at he was so fun to watch. I mean just you know, it would it could be middle of the season, regular season game and he'd be going all out, like they could be losing by twenty and he'd be playing in the.
Speaker 2: Last few minutes of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: It was just like, you know, and I didn't even really recognize that as a young kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, get older, you appreciate a way more Hunder.
Speaker 7: So it was just yeah, didn't even didn't even realize that at the time, but he was such an inspiration for me, and you know, I'm sure a lot of other kids, but uh, it was fun to watch grow up and watch that, and so that's kind of how I fell in love with basketball and then uh yeah, just ended up loving it and then started to get into the football a little bit later on, like third grade, and uh just played I played basketball, football, and baseball.
Speaker 2: Those are like the three that I just rotated around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, throughout my childhood growing up and really throughout until freshman year of high school, and then uh played basketball up until my senior year of high school.
Speaker 2: And that was the last year I played basketball. So you didn't do any pickups at USC or anything like that.
Speaker 1: We did yeah, yeah, but the rest or whatever, dunk on some little nerds. Nothing'll work out, yeah, off season grind yeah, no question boys. Yeah, I I cannot play basketball all but all the boys would go out there, hang out and play basketball there though. Yeah, I'll get no easy buckets. Yeah, no easy buckets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, pass it back and forth over and over again. Invent the alley oop. Yeah, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you would, you would throw it though you're not dunking though.
Speaker 1: No, I can I get I used to be able. I don't know if I can dunk anymore. The boy had a thirty and a half. Okay, you know that little vert was kind of nice. Yeah, for a bacon in mine. It was just like twenty five twenty six bad. Yeah, I was looking at it on the Wikipedia pan.
Speaker 2: I'm on one one one foot jumper. We ran the same forty as well, did we yees? Go ahead? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you well, you know it's in the beginning of this whole thing. Well you know, what was what was the ten? What was the split?
Speaker 2: Once? Matter? One six four? Yeah, probably fastened me too, but you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't got to run that fast. Heck, you kind of got wheels though. You like Pat Mahomes. You guys can get around a little bit. Yeah yeah, game speed, yeah yeah. And so when you went to USC, you were going there to play linebacker. No, you they wanted you to play linebacker at first.
Speaker 7: So I got recruited. So there was some old lineman. I don't know if you know the name Kyl Murphy or Josh Garnett, I do. I don't know those names. No, So they went to Stanford played lineman. He was a left tackle at Stanford. But they went to my high school or sorry, Kyl Murphy went to my high school, not Josh, but uh. And then Sean Harlowe do you know that name at all? Places for the Falcons to Oregon State?
Speaker 2: Do we know the name back there? Boys? If it's not forty nine ers plus? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was, I mean, both really good prospects out of same high school. So we had some you know, packed twelve schools that would come around and they recruited me. And but at the time I was playing linebacker and receiver my sophomore year.
Speaker 2: And and uh, I remember Oseron. Oseron had like one of.
Speaker 7: The little film cameras, yeah, uh, and he was like filming me doing linebacker drills, and I was like, I thought this guy was was here for you know, the seniors who are getting recruited to play, to play at us SEE. And he was just like like, I want to film this dude, Darnald, Like he looks like he's he's got some athletic ability. And I was like a buck, you know, buck ninety at the time, same same height.
Speaker 2: I was tall early on.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it was a skinny, skinny little linebacker who just get tossed around.
Speaker 2: By left tackles in our league.
Speaker 7: But I was playing like three four, uh like Sam or no Will at the time, so I was like kind of on the line of scrimmage, yeah, trying to fight off tight ends and tackles when they were trying to run block.
Speaker 2: So that was fun at one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there were kids that there were like tackles and guards that were pushing three hundred in our league.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, California's got a good ball out there. A lot of people like to shoot on California, but it's a deal. People do like to show in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A lot of people in this bus actually, oh really in California?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that who is that we want to points in this general areas or in this general area.
Speaker 2: No, it's in this general area, tea. We'll leave him out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, see you with three letters. Shit on California ball, it's like a top five, top five state.
Speaker 2: You gotta he just talks a lot about SEC and you know, where are you from? Team? It means a little bit more. Oh you're from here. You're a balls guy.
Speaker 1: Gotta respect the balls. Their fan base is out of control. Their fan base is insane.
Speaker 2: Michigan.
Speaker 1: Michigan beat the balls in basketball to go to the Sweet sixteen. And I put out one tweet of Juwan Howard slapping the tea and holy shit. Now, obviously most of my followers are Tennessee fans living in Tennessee, but it was a bloodbath. They remind me of the Buffalo Bills, that Bill's mafia. You got that team mafia out there. But but California do is they written?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: California, Ohio, Georgia, Alabama, Florida. Is that the top five? Or Pennsylvania too?
Speaker 2: That's another one. He can't sleep on that team. Yeah, Louisiana is like that.
Speaker 7: I don't even know that that's recent though, that's pretty recent.
Speaker 1: So when ozeron KM had this little cam quarter on you have filming me up and you're a buck ninety, did you think to yourself, Oh, I'm going to the league now.
Speaker 2: No, No, I had no idea, dude.
Speaker 7: Actually, I didn't really know what a scholarship offer was until I got offered.
Speaker 2: My first one. Who was your first offer? A University of Utah? Oh? Hell yeah, you dude, absolutely. Yeah. So they offered me after my sophomore year.
Speaker 7: I played like two games at the end of the season at quarterback because the starter got hurt, and they offered me based on some tape that they saw those two games, and then I have liked some drills that I did for him during the spring.
Speaker 2: Crazy yeah, And so he offered me the scholarship.
Speaker 7: He was like, hey, man, like, we want to offer you a scholarship to play football at the University of Utah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay at quarterback after two games? Yeah, And I was like okay, cool.
Speaker 7: You know, I didn't really know like what it entailed or like he was like you pretty excited about it or you just I was just very like kind of monitor.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Very excited, Thank you, coach, like, can't wait to you know, continue talking to you whatever. And he goes and tells my parents like right after that, and I just see my mom melt. She's just crying, yeah, everywhere, And I'm just like, I think this is a little bit bigger deal than I than I thought, right, And so they're like, yeah, Like my dad kind of explained it to me in the in the head coach. He was just like, dude, you're like, you're gonna get offered like full tuition to go to the school just to play ball and like potentially have a chance at going to the league.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 7: And so I don't know, I think it was kind of cool to, you know, live my entire kind of childhood and my high school life not really knowing what, you know, I was necessarily going for, you know, I wasn't ever trying to get an offer, you know, but it just it just happened.
Speaker 1: And so when you were growing up playing ball, you never thought I'm going to be an NFL football player. Someday I'm gonna be NBA basketball player or an MLB.
Speaker 7: You always I always dreamed of playing in professional sports. Yeah, and something, but I didn't know necessarily kind of the steps to get there. I was just like, oh, I want to play I want to play professional ball, do something. And uh so I was just like, dang, like you know, I guess the next step would be college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, high school right, yeah, that's so.
Speaker 1: Usually football is like just a segular line tractory where you're gonna go yeah exactly.
Speaker 7: So uh yeah, so I got offered and I was yeah, after they kind of you know, told me what it was and what was going on. Then, uh they told me they're just like I was just you know, so happy, so happy about you know, the situation. And it's funny like once you get that first offer, I mean you know how it is, it just starts rolling in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you got on your sophomore year. That's kind of is that a normal one guy that dide from Michigan. He I won in eighth grade, which is kind of while Do you have any kids at your school that were getting offers like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean oh no, no, no, not in my high school. But obviously you know, you got guys. He got guys and you know, like David Sills who now plays receiver.
Speaker 2: I think for the Giants.
Speaker 7: He played at West Virginia, I believe, and he was like one of the top recruited kids in California to play quarterback and ended up getting offered in seventh grade I believe, by like Lane.
Speaker 2: Kiffin at SC. Yeah, and uh it was insane.
Speaker 1: It is is zero puba care on his body, and he's just they're just gonna all of a sudden give him.
Speaker 2: An Hey that's you know, he might have might have you know.
Speaker 1: Some seventh graders did. Yeah, you know Luke Stedman when I was in middle school, kid was a hots. He had a receiding hairline at twelve years old. It was unbelievable. So you get you get the utes, and so you're kind of like, hey, I guess I'm just going to college now, this is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: What happened after that? Who who were the next ones to fall in line? Shoot? It was kind of other packed twelve.
Speaker 1: Schools and you didn't start playing quarterback till your junior year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like full time. Uh so yeah, kind of that off season. Yeah, we're going into junior year. I started playing more quarterback, but uh yeah, man, it was just packed twelve schools.
Speaker 2: A couple. I think it was just Tennessee.
Speaker 7: Honestly, you offered me, uh and then move and then yeah, and then it was like big ten like Penn.
Speaker 2: State some other ones. But do you get Michigan? I didn't.
Speaker 7: You know what's funny, Right when Harbaugh got the Michigan job, he called me really mm hmm yeah, and uh he was kind of pitching and I was just like, hey, like, I've committed to USC. Like this was after like right when I was about to start my senior year, and uh, I was like, listen, like I made a commitment to go.
Speaker 2: To s C. Like I appreciate you reaching out.
Speaker 7: But so yeah, he did reach out, and you know, assume that he would have probably offered me, but I didn't even let him get that far.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I'm going to s C. Loyal cat, huh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, I grew up an SC fan. Yeah, I mean, you grew up with Matt Lioner, Reggie Bush, those dudes.
Speaker 7: That was primetime SC ball and I was, you know, that was my childhood, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So Pete Carroll was the dude too, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he played SC perfectly, did all the stuff he needed to do get the stations. Yes, will Ferrell coming in doing practice? Do you guys have anything like that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: We never did, Dude, who we were coaches at? I was with so Sark.
Speaker 7: I was with SARK for about a year and a half and then Clay took over as the interim and then ended up getting the job after that that first year where we uh we had a pretty good year.
Speaker 2: That's awesome here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you when you were coming out, as soon as you offered by the youths, You're like, I want to go to s C the whole time, like I want to.
Speaker 2: Go to SCY. I always wanted to go to s C. Yeah, so when they offered, it was done deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was because they offered late too, Like I was actually went on a some official visits. I went to Duke Northwestern, uh, and then I went to Oregon.
Speaker 2: Why'd you to Duke? What'd you in Northwestern? I wanted to write, I H no, I'm not. Actually, Well, Duke's a good school, right.
Speaker 7: I thought I was, But uh no, Duke's a grade school Northwestern too. But I I really liked Fitts, who's the coach at Northwestern? I like Cutcliffe a lot, just knowing his background with the Mannings and stuff. I was like, you know, I want to get to know this guy and potentially play for him. I think it'd be sick and uh so that was kind of my mindset with that, and then went to Oregon after that, So I went Duke Northwestern Oregon, and then I came back down to to do a camp like last minute at SC. They had like a middle school camp going on, and then I was throwing. I was like thrown in the mix because Sark wanted to see me throw in person. He had never seen me throw in person. So I threw for him. I probably like fifty balls, just kind of warming up and then on the run, just really like low key workout. And then he took me in his office and offered me on the spot there and I thought about it. You know, I made the whole list pros and cons where I wanted to go top three schools and and uh you know that was once I made the pros and cons list, I was like pros for SC and then there were no cons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was over for you. Okay, yeah this is pretty easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt, can see me play great education, great ball.
Speaker 2: Grew up a fan like grew up.
Speaker 1: In San Clementy, right, yeah, outstanding town. If you ever been to San Clementy, god would have been I have been. I was like fifteen sixteen. I had a girlfriend who was pretty rich, so they go out there in the summertime.
Speaker 2: It was a nice thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, smart, big family, Italian girl.
Speaker 2: There you go. He was awesome.
Speaker 1: Shout out Laura Shockley. But we would go to San Clementy all the time. Yeah, we go to San Clementy. Was it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she hates my guts probably now shout out.
Speaker 1: Hey, Laura, good to see you mean out here, motherfucking How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: What side do you want with Chris Rock and Will Smith? What a weird pivot? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, uh no, I mean you can't you can't hit anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're on the Chris Rock Sideeah, And it's a joke.
Speaker 7: But you know, whether whether the joke was bad taste or not, you know, it's you can't just you can't go up and smack someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've we talked about on the podcast last week and it kind of seemed like it's alopecia. Right, I don't want to get that wrong because I feel like it's insecure. If I what to call it last week propecia propecia, which is like to save the hair thing, and I just think that I don't know, it depends like there's a lot of women Jada included, who look beautiful right with the shades head. I had no issue with it, And I think anything's fair with comedy when it comes to.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, nless you're white saying.
Speaker 1: The N word astly A big no no, right, yeah, yeah, probably shouldn't go down that road. Other than that, Yeah, I think you're pretty fair.
Speaker 2: Game and that there might be another couple.
Speaker 1: But anything off the top of your head you're thinking of caution, No, no, not at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but uh no, that was Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't even know if if he knew that she had it or I don't even know if it was his joke.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing is like did he write it himself?
Speaker 7: He didn't, right, I mean, even even then, he's got to take responsibility because he said it. Yeah, so, I mean, but at the end of the day, it's it's a joke and Chris Trucks there to and you got to know if you're at the Oscars and you're sitting in front.
Speaker 2: Row, you're gonna get roasted a little bit. Yeah. Yeah. And the thing too when they showed Will Smith sitting there, he was like smiling, having a good time. Have you seen the whole clip?
Speaker 1: And then he looks over, Yeah, how to go defend her honor?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. I thought his reaction was.
Speaker 1: Perfect though, the way Chris Rock handled it, He's like, wow, what a what a fucking pro dude?
Speaker 2: What a pro? Though? Oh, there's no question.
Speaker 1: He start saying documentary instead of a oscar, Like, had a whole bunch of stuff going on. But I think all of us in here if he slapped me, we've talked about this.
Speaker 2: You get slapped. Man.
Speaker 1: You like to think level of heads will prevail, but like, I mean, you're getting poked in the chest. In general, someone doesn't like just goes right up to your chest appokes you. You kind of want to kill that person immediately, right, So imagine getting open hands slapped.
Speaker 2: Imagine if that just broke out in the huge.
Speaker 1: Fight, I think Chris Rock would get his ass be he would you would absolutely get his ask be well, yeah.
Speaker 7: He's probably gotten I mean, listen, he's a he's a stand up comedian who has done a million shows.
Speaker 2: Right, that's probably happened to him. In the stand up community.
Speaker 1: I don't think there are a bunch of tough guys in there, like too off the top of the head, Shob and Rogan, the two d's that are probably gonna beat some asks other than that, Like you don't think, I mean, Chris Rock's tiny's five to seven, yeah, fifty four years old or whatever. He is absolute legend, legend, but he starts swinging. It would have made it. I mean, it would have been outstanding TV. Would have been talking for.
Speaker 7: An hour longer got it right when, right when he landed the shot, and when he got back up to the mic, he was like, this is the greatest night in television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a great job. Yeah, such a great job. It was well, he handled it perfectly. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think it would have been better if he just said keep my wife's name after your fucking mouth, and then it just was that was it. But then he just kept going, yeah it was a bad deal. And then he goes up and does that two and a half minute speech. Did you know, were you.
Speaker 2: Watching it live? I didn't watch it live. That wasn't either. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I see the Twitter and it's thriving, it's going off on there, and you immediately go to try to zoom in find it, shout out Japan.
Speaker 2: Japan had the whole thing for us. Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know how how fast it was after he slapped Chris Rock, But how fast? How quick was the turnaround with him winning the award and going up and give him the speech? It was like twenty minutes, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so he's.
Speaker 1: Got to go up. He's talking about being a protector and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was his first Oscar as well. God hey, and then he uh, he just resigned from the academy. Yeah, he just came out the other day and said I'm gonna resign, which I don't know what that means. Is that mean he's done acting or he's just no longer affiliated with the PA or whatever they are. He can't go to the oscars. I tell you he's got the information. He just can't go to the awards just anymore. But he can still win stuff.
Speaker 2: He's still good. Yeah, he's Will Smith and he's not going anywhere. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If anything, he probably just got another action movie, right, work on that.
Speaker 2: That the hit movement. Yeah, God would be a hell of a golfer. Yeah, hell of a golfer quarterback.
Speaker 1: We have stopped this podcast because we have yet another ad read for you guys. And if it's the boys that have a little bit of trouble in the bedroom, it's nice to perk them ears up. Listen because you're gonna be able to do everything you want in there from the comfort of your own home. And that is what Roman look. No one's perfect. Even the best baseball players strike out with the bases loaded. The best golfer sometimes three putt with the tournament on the line. So if you feel like you'd come up a little short in the bedroom, sometimes it's perfectly okay. But if it's bothering you, there are options. Go to get Roman dot com slash bustin Boys. It's a little fun play because we want to be busting boys. With Roman, you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ed all from the comfort and privacy of your home. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan if medication is appropriate. It ships to you free with two day shipping. That's right around the corner. You got issues, you can fix.
Speaker 2: Them real, real fast.
Speaker 1: The whole process is straightforward and discreete Getting started is simple. Just go to get Bustin dot com. Wait, sorry, well whoops.
Speaker 2: Just go to get.
Speaker 1: Roman dot com slash Bustin Boys and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving the home. Complete an online visit today to connect with the doctor and take care of it. Call to action, better listen up. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting to get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for EDI, all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. I know it seems a little redundant, but there's a lot of people out there. Their mind space is left and right. Little ADHD in your life. You're thinking one minute, you're not. You might miss the second one, you might miss the first one, and then all of a sudden, you catch that third one. We're just trying to help the boys be boys, and that's busting. You know what I'm saying. You're just trying to bust in. You know what I'm saying. So make sure you do that. We love you to death. And I assume by you just watching this you have a little feeling in your tummy too when you see us a couple of butterflies sitting there. And if you do, go to YouTube, go to Twitter, go to Instagram, go to Facebook, go to whatever you want, including TikTok. Subscribe rate five stars and make sure you comment. Because the boys are here. We're gonna be here.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: One forty five to the moon. Take us there, because you're the only ones going to be able to do it. Subscribe rate five stars. Back to Sam, We go to s C.
Speaker 2: How do we do it? See we read stired our first year.
Speaker 7: Yep, yeah, red shirt the first year, which I knew I was gonna do. So you know how a lot of quarterbacks go early school. So I didn't do that. I just went in the summer because I knew. Yeah, I played basketball, went to prom, did all the cool.
Speaker 2: Senior stuff to do.
Speaker 7: You know, because if if I wouldn't have done that and then sat for a year, it is.
Speaker 2: Like what am I doing? Exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 7: So yeah, red shirted, red shirted SC sat behind Cody Kessler and then quarterback competition started that next year with Max Brown. It was another you know, five star kid coming out. I had to sit for a few years to wait a shot, wait for a shot, and then uh yeah, and then he ended up winning the competition. Ended up playing for three games, I believe, and then I started the fourth one. We lost that one, so we started one and three and then we didn't lose a game after that.
Speaker 1: Well, it was going through your mind when he won the competition. He's obviously, you guys are going back and forth all campus when they tell you that, hey, you're not gonna be the starter week one.
Speaker 2: Basically what what uh? What coach said was just.
Speaker 7: We got to make the best decision for the team, and that was basically it, you know how it is.
Speaker 2: It was like, very we got to do what's best for.
Speaker 7: The team, and what's best for the team is that Max starts for us, really, and so that was it was very.
Speaker 2: Very simple, which.
Speaker 7: I respected because I was like, how am I going to argue with that? You know, the coach thinks that he's better than me and that he gives us the best chance to win, Like do I disagree? Yes, obviously, But that wasn't you know, that wasn't for me to say.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just kind of took it and uh handled it how I handled it, And that was really it.
Speaker 2: And so you weren't pissed off at all by that. I will, so I'll go back a little bit.
Speaker 7: He he did mention me getting a package for like red zone stuff and some stuff for me to like run the ball in the red zone and on third and short, third and fourth and short, and so that that kind of got me a little, uh irritated. But I mean everything that he said was spot on. I Mean, he was like, he gives us the best best chance to win, but at the same time, we envision you having like a red zone package and a third and fourth and one package. And so I was just like, yes, coach, because I'm like a you know, nineteen eighteen, nineteen year old.
Speaker 2: Uh, I was just like all right, sounds good. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was much more mouthy than that, I'm sure. Yeah, my rush re freshman year, they told me I wasn't starting. I told the coach to go fuck himself. Yeah, but hey, that's that's how it works sometimes, you know. I definitely said that in my head. Yeah, Yeah, there you go. Yeah, sometimes I gotta let him know. You know what I'm saying, things are going your way. You got to say fuck you on the way the deal works sometimes. So the first three game go on, Yeah, and then what happens is this guy he gets hurt, right, No, he just got benched, just shitty throwing an iron. T's left and right.
Speaker 2: So he just I mean, I'm still friends with him this day. He's a great guy. To shoot on him. Yeah, I'm sure he's a great guy. He's awesome. Yeah I had to say that, but now he is. He really is.
Speaker 7: But uh yeah, that was probably the weirdest part, to be honest, because we're we're boys my freshman year because he was kind of showing me the ropes and you know, when I was going out at SC we were kind of hanging out and you know, he was taking me to parties, doing all that stuff, big brother stuff, and then all of a sudden, we're in a competition together and it was like, I guess that's.
Speaker 2: Over, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, doing any of that stuff anymore, partying together anymore, and nothing like that.
Speaker 7: So so that was kind of the weird part because I was, you know, we had the same friend group, you know, boys with you know, everyone on the team and then some of the kids outside of outside of football as well.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's just part of the deal.
Speaker 7: And uh yeah, So I thought the way that he handled it was insane though, just perfect, the way that he was just he never even said anything in the media about me or anything.
Speaker 2: He just you handled it like a bro, just supported you. Yeah. That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: I love that when so you you play those games and then you go on, then you play the next year. You guys win the Pact World Championship, correct, Yes, win the Pact World Championship. And then we get to the twenty eighteen draft and there's kind of the three guys that everyone's talking about, Baker Mayfield, you and Josh Rosen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now you and Baker.
Speaker 1: Well, Baker's pretty outspoken too, but you seem like a guy kind of like keep to himself, don't stay a whole lot, don't read a lot of stuff. What are you thinking when you see Josh Rosen staying some outlandas shit going to UCLA.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's just it's hard. It makes it just it makes life harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But why does it make it harder on you? What do you mean, he said, it makes life harder for him. Oh, yes, that's why.
Speaker 7: I don't, you know, I choose not to and like honestly, like I would, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just not in me to like do stuff like that.
Speaker 7: And now I do have you know, I have great friends and a great circle, you know, great family that you know, if there's some ship that I got to get off my chest, like, yeah, everyone has it, you know what I mean. But going through the media and making a scene about it, that's you know.
Speaker 2: It's just harder to live life that way. Yeah, you know what I mean. I mean, it makes it a little bit more fun sometimes you could.
Speaker 1: It's fun if you do well right, right, But if you're the tenth overall pick getting traded the next year and then doesn't happened the way it's happened to him, yeah, it's not a it's not a good deal.
Speaker 2: And same for Baker. Two. He seems like he's in a bit of a deal right now.
Speaker 1: So if all three of those quarterbacks you're doing the best, Yeah, you're doing well, argue, Yeah, Oh, absolutely so, Baker. I mean Baker's got to find himself a new home. How do you what did you think about him when he came out with like a I see a later letter to the Browns, even before they got Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I mean, it's a tough deal, right because you got you got, you know, people that you think are loyal to you in terms of you know, whatever it is in his circle at the Browns, coach's owner, GM, whatever it is for him saying that they're you know, he's their guy, all this stuff, all the promises that they make, and then all of a sudden there's rumors going out, not necessarily rumors, but you know, factual you know, information out that you know, they're looking to potentially get to Sean Watson, and you know that might hit a you know, that might hit to the core a little bit for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so that's again, it's not.
Speaker 7: Not for me to really comment a ton on because I don't you know, I don't I'm not gonna choose. I don't know what's going on in Cleveland. But yeah, it's a it's a tough deal. Many as you know, it's hot throughout business. I mean, not to get corny, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go a third, you a third overall to the Jets. And was Adam Gase to coach then? Or was the that was that the year after? No, he was so Todd Bowles Todd Bowles as they coach, Bulls was.
Speaker 7: Our head coach in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen season, and then uh yeah, I loved Todd and mccagnum was our GM, and they were the ones who drafted me, took me in. And then that next year Bulls gets fired, they bring in Adam Gase and mccagnue' is still the GM, and then the next year they bring in Joe Douglas as the GM with Adam Gase as the head coach, and.
Speaker 2: So like, hey, let you hear all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Adam Gaze is the dude that does like the weird eye thing right when he's getting what he's interviewed. Yeah, yeah, Like was he just a crazy person or what was the deal? Adam's great, He's a good You loved him?
Speaker 2: Great dude? Yeah, I love Adam Because.
Speaker 1: I was watching I was watching some stuff and I was watching the YouTube video of like the Patriots game. Obviously a tough one out there and then I was watching stuff after They're like, Adam Gase didn't do anything to help you. They didn't do slide predictions, no, like seven man pros, you know, checkdowns and of that stuff. What was going on during that game where he like, did he come and say anything to you or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean we just watched the tape.
Speaker 7: We Yeah, we talked about some stuff, and you know, there were there were definitely some things where I could have done a lot more with the protection that helped me out.
Speaker 2: But it was just, for lack of.
Speaker 7: A better Termam, it was a cluster, uh, you know, out on the field and trying to you know, because Bill and that that whole tree flores, Patricia, all those guys.
Speaker 2: If if you can't.
Speaker 7: Figure out there's zero pressure and you don't have an answer, we're going to keep bringing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they bring seven up, you think they're bringing zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you think if you get the ball out real fast, then all of a sudden they drop and then only rushing three or four.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, and then the next time they bring them all the one guy that rushes is the guy that you slide away from. Yeah, you know what I mean, so it's like there's just there's there's a lot of there's good ways to handle it, and there's bad ways to handle it, and you know, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't handle it the best that you could have.
Speaker 1: When you say that was stuffy you could have done for protection? Was it like a development thing for you when you didn't know protection very well?
Speaker 2: I think it was just.
Speaker 7: Kind of getting things lined up to start and then understanding, Okay, I have five seconds on the play clock, like one of those like damn, Like you know, I was trying to figure stuff out with the receivers, like trying to give them signals, and I think it was more just trying to We should have been more in and out of the huddle than we were that game.
Speaker 2: I think that was really the biggest issue.
Speaker 7: And then we started going on the ball and it helped a little bit, but I mean, yeah, we didn't. We didn't have great answers for it.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you said to the guys like, hey, we gotta get to the line faster so I can kind of dissect.
Speaker 2: The thing for sure?
Speaker 7: I mean that was that was one of the first things I said. And then we started going no huddle, which I did quite a bit of with Adam, which you know he did a lot of with Peyton in Denver, and so that was kind of that was kind of the go to if we were kind of struggling or in a rut, we would go to the no huddle stuff and try to get on the ball and create some tempo for us. But then again, like you start to go tempo and you go three and out, it's the defense in a shitty position.
Speaker 2: Real bad position.
Speaker 1: And another thing about tempo too, is when you go tempo or a two minute type of situation, usually Vanilla's down the defense quite a bit because they have to get ready to they have to get a line up, they don't have time to make those.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they were just bringing zero the whole time. Yeah, that was really putting the pressure on you. Was Yeah, that was when we started going to no huddle. They were like, all right, we'll just keep calling it. Yeah, and uh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just a tough day and you had the unanimous staying saying you got you're seeing ghosts out there, right, Yeah, Well, like, hey, that's a tough meme.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 7: No, it's a it's a tough thing to uh to handle, you know, to this day.
Speaker 2: But uh so.
Speaker 1: When all that when all that stuff cycling, what do you what are you thinking about that?
Speaker 7: It's it's interesting because like in our room, in a quarterback room, we would we would see guys kind of like in the pocket. You know, you have some quarterbacks flinch a little bit. We would say, all they're seeing ghosts out there. And so like I just like said that to my coach at the time, you know, when we were down forty to nothing. I was just pissed and I didn't know what to say, to be honest, and it just it happened.
Speaker 1: And they they got it on live TV. So do you think were you miked up?
Speaker 2: Oh? You fucked up? Yeah, that's on you.
Speaker 1: I was hoping it'd be like a coach or something like that, but you you sold yourself out.
Speaker 7: No, it's for sure on me. I'll take that one of the grave. I'll take that one to the grave.
Speaker 2: Shout doubt. Dude.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be a tough deal. But hey, listen, everyone has bad games.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And listen, that was that was the worst game by far that I've ever played in my life.
Speaker 1: And I own up to it. Yeah, I got to own up to it. But that week after, like you play Sunday and then Monday you're just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was Monday night, so Tuesday morning, Tuesday morning. Thank god.
Speaker 1: It's a short week though, Yeah, one less win to move on, you want to yeah.
Speaker 2: Because that stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, when you when you have one of those games, like I have my we talk about the time of week one. You kind of sit there and we played at noon on Sunday, so I had the full week to think about I'm just a piece of shit now, aren't I.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm garbage out here.
Speaker 7: And then pay attention to the media and oh hey listen, start saying, ah, you know you suck, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, try to go find a different profession. It's it's bad too. Are just just wild? Yeah? Should I do something different? Maybe they're right, Yeah, it's dude.
Speaker 1: It's it's just crazy how people want to manipulate things and if you go one bad game or something happens, especially being at quarterback, I feel like it's part of the deal. But at quarterback, you you live and die with the franchise. Like if things are going well, it's like, wow, this dude's a stud. But look how great the defense is, Look how good wide receivers are. But when things aren't good, they're like, it's Sam, it's his fault, it's the quarterback's fault. Does that seem fair to you to have all that kind of pressure all the time for quarterbacks, not just for you.
Speaker 7: I think it is for sure. That money, I mean the money that's you know, there's.
Speaker 1: A thirty million dollars deal twenty years what time, twenty million signing about us.
Speaker 2: It was something like that. Yeah, you know exactly what it was. Don't do that. I don't do that, dude.
Speaker 7: But no, But it's again like I'm half joking about the money thing. But you get ready all week, and you know, there's a reason that the franchise lives and dies with the quarterback. Yeah, because you're the one out there. You got the ball in your hand every single play. Like and it really has become more and more as as the game keeps progressing, it's becoming more and more of a quarterback league, and you know, it's it's great. You know, I think it's great for the game. You know, like when numbers are going up, you know, passing statistics are going up. I think it's great TV, you know for people to watch and all that. But yeah, it's kind of my take on it. But I really do think it. You know, some of it's not warranted, don't get me wrong. There's some stuff that people say that you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people putting a keyboard coach and they know exactly what's going on. They really have no idea. Yeah, so that that part's tough.
Speaker 7: And then you know there's sometimes where like some guy gets it like spot on.
Speaker 2: You know, he's like the keyboard coach.
Speaker 7: And he's like he's like, dude, should seen this, like to the left. You should have slid it to the left and got the back out.
Speaker 2: You're like, dang, dude, he's right, yeah, I should have. I should have done that. That's so funny, dude.
Speaker 7: But uh but no, it's it really happens. But uh yeah, man, it's it's part of the deal.
Speaker 1: Do you do a lot of mental work at all during the off season or anything like that.
Speaker 7: I I started to a little bit a couple of years ago, just working with someone who not even for football.
Speaker 2: It was just to kind of clear my mind.
Speaker 7: And then there's some you know, just some low key like meditation that I would do like just by myself, like in the morning or at night before I go to bed.
Speaker 2: Uh, just clear clear my head. But use an app do you like? Do you like the call map or something with that headspace it's a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just mess with a little bit if I feel like I need it or if I feel like i'm you know, why am I feeling a certain way?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: So sometimes I feel like I need it more more days than others. But I think all that stuff's great though. Yeah, I think there's I don't think you can talk enough about mental health.
Speaker 2: And actually in the NFL, why do you think it's become such a thing lately?
Speaker 1: And in the last three four years, it's really the mental health has people have talked about so much more than they have.
Speaker 2: In the past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just think there's so much more attention around things that wouldn't otherwise get attention because of social media. You know, you have such a you have such more of a you're just kind of a fly on the wall in anyone's life now, you know, if you follow whoever, it is like Dak Prescott, you know, talking about mental health, I think is great, you know, because you look on Sundays and you look on the field and he's rushing it and you're like, dude, this guy makes you know, you know, he's just.
Speaker 2: Killing life in general.
Speaker 7: Like he's throwing touchdowns, he's playing for the Dallas Cowboys, like you almost feel like he's invincible. And then all of a sudden he comes out with you know, all these mental struggles that he's been dealing with, and you know, you don't realize it, but a lot of a lot of people deal with the same stuff, you know, huge actors, a bunch of different.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think that like the mental side of things has kind of been brought up more because, like you said, so many people have more access and like a lot of these guys and like the old school dudes played ten twenty thirty years ago, like this is so soft now, but they don't realize that it used to be a newspaper clipping and that would be your news and what happened in the game before, and you wouldn't see what everybody else is saying. But now at a click up a button, you can learn what everybody's thinking about you always.
Speaker 7: Great point, Yeah, that's a great point. I think it is different. I think everything's just different. Yeah, I think to now there are there are some times where I'm like, okay that, you know, that's pretty soft. You know some of the things that would happen in terms of you know, guys, you know, missing practice for one thing or the other.
Speaker 2: You know, I think.
Speaker 7: There's there's a lot of like the basketball talk I think is very interesting, like when you hear when you hear guys like Michael Jordan and Larry Bird criticizing guys for like missing games during the middle of the season, and you know, I get some of that, but now, you know, you look at guys like on who like to do that, and Lebron's and what his nineteenth eighteenth, nineteenth years as a He's a unicorn.
Speaker 2: He's a freaking machine.
Speaker 7: And so when that when a guy like that sits out a game and gets a bunch of flag for it, I'm like, dude, you can't. You can't really give him ship for missing a game. Yeah, you know, look at what he's done with his career. Look how he literally brought Cleveland up from nothing.
Speaker 1: He brought Cleveland for nothing. And then also, like Michael Jordan. You everybody watched the documentary The Last Dance, and he would, you know, have a couple of beers before a game, eat a pizza, and that's around of golf. Yeah, you'll play around the golf before.
Speaker 2: Playing around a golf the dayould.
Speaker 1: Imagine playing around of golf in general in my life. Yeah, that's a hard ass sport. Play eighteen holes.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't do.
Speaker 1: I know, those a couple of guys in the back for hours. I'm out there, I play three holes and I sit in the cart and run.
Speaker 2: I can't do this. A whistle pig and I just move on. But you go, there's the plug. You gotta gotta plug it a little bit too.
Speaker 1: I don't even talk about the Chevy Silverado, the most durble vehicle, but with Michael Dude, it just seemed like as things have advanced more in science and how the body works and all the things you can do for your body, now it's I think in basketball you play so many games, or Lebron, especially at his age too, to take a couple of games sit and not play.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's that's the move.
Speaker 1: Now you would argue that people pay good money they work super hard to come and see Lebron, come and see Kobe, come and see those dudes. Rest in peace, Kobe, but come and see these guys. But at the same time, like, the whole goal when you play a sport is to win whatever it is at the end, whether it's a super Bowl, the NBA Finals, all that stuff, and so I think that's a smart move by him to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see that thing with Eric Church going to the UNC game? Yes, dude, Oh my god, what do you think about that? He just did in the squad he did.
Speaker 7: He did, but at the same time, he was not for the boys move a huge area Church fan too. He refunded the tickets though. Of everyone that went, now, they were complaining about flights and hotels and stuff like that, which I get. But it's also one of it's his dream, you know, to go see a UNC duke Final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no is what's his name's last game too? Right? Yeah? But uh, I don't know, I'm I'm kind of I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I want to take a side, but I lean towards Eric Church just because like it might be part of your dream to go see Eric Church in concert. But it's literally his childhood dream to go watch UNC Duke playing the Final Four. Yeah, so like where does where do you draw the line of like whose fault is it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean just to play Devil's Advocate. You if you make a commitment to go do something and there's nothing restricting you other than a want, Like he signed up for it. You signed up to be a quarterback in the NFL, So regardless of how you feel on Sunday, you're gonna go out there and play. I signed up to be a left you know if I would if I just dipped. We're about to play the Ravens one day and I'm like, hey, I love it, but this team's playing this team.
Speaker 2: I really want to go see it.
Speaker 1: Hey it's my brother's birthday and actually doesn't happen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: A big Michigan Ohio State game this weekend. Guys, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be able to go to walk through week in November. I just can't. I can't play hopefully the bye weeks.
Speaker 1: Then it's like this doesn't just doesn't work that way, you know. But I mean Eric Church, especially in the country music world, He's a he's a legend like that.
Speaker 2: I love his music.
Speaker 1: I think he has three or four albums that just absolutely slay. But uh, I don't know if that's like the I mean, I don't think it's the best move to go and do that. Now, he can do whatever he wants with his life. He's still gonna go play that same venue probably a year later and sell it out and it's gonna be just fine. He's just gonna catch a little flak right now and move on. Yeah, it's tough, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eric Church thing is wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what do you think like the best way to handle stuff like that is in terms of maybe not the Will Smith, but like Eric Church and like other things that come out about people, like do you think it's best to like post right away or do you think it's you just kind of eat it and then kind of let time.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're Eric Church, he like, what would I say if I was Eric Church? I would get out in front of it like he did. I think I'm a big get out in front of things.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: I like to if I fuck up something, if I do something wrong, I feel like I have to tell everybody around me, because there's a part of me that has like this anxiety about if I know I did something wrong and everybody else here knows it is something wrong, there's like this barrier that like they're thinking it and I know it, so like and we're not talking about it. For me, I'm like, I just got to talk about it to make sure, like this is what I was thinking, this is what happened, and then that's just how I am. I think you can go a lot of ways about it, but I mean there's a lot of stuff I see where I'm like, why wouldn't someone just say it something like this right away? Like if you know your agents speaking for you in a contract negotiation. I like when I was doing my contract with John Robinson, I just went and spoke to him and know like, hey, you shouldn't go do that, you shouldn't go do xcell. I'm like, yeah, I gotta get up there and just see him face to face and be like this is how I feel.
Speaker 2: Where what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: And then it takes the business out of it and now you're having a personal conversation. Yeah, I mean I like to think. So I'm still here you know, so things are going all right, but what would you do?
Speaker 2: Would you? No? Let everybody else handle it? Yeah? You like that too? Yeah? Yeah, I think that's definitely the move. Dude.
Speaker 1: Should we do that tear talk now? Because I know we have to do two, So we have two segments. There's a locker room talk and the tear talk, which is kind of redundant.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, okay, five stadiums he's ever played in Top five wide receivers he's ever played.
Speaker 2: With God, that's tough. Well, I guess i'll give you that. Which what do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Uh, definitely need some top five qbs to ever.
Speaker 2: Play at you. I'll do that.
Speaker 1: We'll do that, Okay, so I could do I mean, we have officially interrupted this podcast for yet another ad rate and this is a special one to us one of our presenting sponsors.
Speaker 2: We got whistle picked. It's a beautiful whiskey.
Speaker 1: But there if you're not just a whiskey person, you want a little extra stuff there, a little extra taste. I got a little something for you. This piggyback barrel aged craft cocktail and a can is so much better than a Seltzer. It's crisp and refreshing, but super bold and flavorful. I don't think there's anything I don't think there's anything like this out there. It's so refreshing, bold and balanced. Whistle Pig takes on a flavorful Seltzer takes Wait why I just read this whistle Pig take whistle Pigs take on a more flavorful Seltzer.
Speaker 2: Wow. Boys, tough and it's eight percent. Sign me up.
Speaker 1: The fruit in the barrel, the fruit in it is barrel aged and whiskey barrels giving it those whiskey notes. Now, I'm a big whiskey guy, but this is going to be my go to for tailgates. Never been to one, but that's okay. Someday when I do go to a tailgate, I'm gonna have it out on the boat for a bonfire. Honestly, it's perfect for any kickback type of outing. We said this last time, kickbacks. It's cool new term that all the kids are using for parting. We have an exciting promo from our friends at whistle Pig. Use code Busting twenty two to receive ten percent off your order at Cans Dot Whiskey Pig Whiskey dot com. My favorite to be totally honest with you is the uh is the BlackBerry lemon fits. You put that thing on some ice, you sit that thing down, you put two or three and guess what you're feeling great? Right those boring shows you're watching on anything else other than busting with the boys, it's gonna make you a little more interesting. You're have a little more fun. Guess what, You're gonna be a little more confident, and you're gonna have a great time. Use code Busting twenty two to receive ten percent off your order at Cans dot whistlepig Whiskey dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was tough.
Speaker 1: Oh, I actually forgot to tell everybody about the big news. Not only can you do that, but if you want, you can go right here and you can subscribe, and then you can unsubscribe and resubscribe.
Speaker 2: It's so redundant, it's so annoying. You're trying to skip.
Speaker 1: Over this right now, but we broke the button so you can't do it. It's because seventy percent of you are out there not doing it. You're just watching it and joint and we love that. But come join the bus, baby, all right? You can add a little Tier three in your life. Those Tier twos go it now becoming a Tier one's crazy. We talk about in the pod. Got get tattoo on his leg? Holy Christ, right, that's that's a Tier one cat.
Speaker 2: We love him.
Speaker 1: Wehould probably set him some merch. He's outstanding. Maybe do a little giveaway. Also, I don't know why I just said that, because it's also on the top of my head. But subscribe, unsubscribe, resubscribe, enjoy what we're giving you, okay, because we're doing our damnedest and we love you to death. The way the way Bust Want the Boys work is we have tears so tier ones that the die hard cats on our podcast, the ones that get tattoos. You guys see the guy who got a tattoo on his stygh but he had to be with the with the horns and everything. I love to if we could put up his little name in that picture in this video.
Speaker 2: Does this guy have a lot of tats?
Speaker 1: It looked it was a bare leg. It looked like a bare leg. Outstanding tattoo. They hit a great tattoo on this.
Speaker 2: It's different if you're like tatted up, you know what I mean? Yeah, you're gune. You can kind of just do whatever. Yeah, whatever you want to. Yeah, no one's gonna see anything, right.
Speaker 1: So when so he would be qualified as a Tier one guy. Tier twos like you follow, you comment, you subscribe, you rate five stars, those types of things, and then Tier three other people that kind of sit in the background. And then you see like a friend or something like that. Then like, hey, I heard you're doing pretty good. I had the podcast is doing all right? That type of thing. That's a Tier three guy, got it? So on these tier talk options, if you give me your top five quarterbacks, I guess we're doing five tiers today, boys, in order in order of who you want hit the hit the names. You can talk about him if you want. You don't have to talk, you can just hit us right away. But I need your tier one, two, three, four, and five of these names on the board.
Speaker 2: Yep. Can the the audience see who's on the board. We'll put it up from Yeah, loss is a whiz back there. Yeah mm hmm. See a couple of names coming out right now.
Speaker 1: I'd go Carson one. Carson one, okay, yeah, Carson Palmer. Why Carson Palmer?
Speaker 7: I think just I mean he won a heisman at SC, won a national championship.
Speaker 2: He hadn't for a lot of people.
Speaker 7: That don't know, he actually had a great career, had some injuries that he's dealt with, and you know, kind of handled it.
Speaker 2: I think very professionally.
Speaker 7: I could have thrown some people under the bus too in terms of what happened in his career in terms of some some different things with some certain teams. But I think he handled it like a pro and I just respect him a ton and he's a baller.
Speaker 1: Liner Yeah, yeah, Liner is just done.
Speaker 2: Man him. We said before him and Reggie Bush, that little duo they had.
Speaker 1: The sikest thing to grow up and watch them playful about that name above, Matt Liner And what do you think about that one?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't recognize it. No, no, no either.
Speaker 7: So I know this is this is tough because I know Mark and Matt Sanchez and Barkley yea, So I hope they're listening right here and we can haven't.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mark's much more handsome than Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's debatable as well, you think, so it just depends, you know, if you're into you know, you know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: The whole thing that Mark has going on, Maddie.
Speaker 1: Big NFT guy, Matt the Ft Bitcoin guy.
Speaker 2: Shoot, uh, I'm gonna go Mark. I'm gonna go Mark. How does Matt feel about that he follows the pod?
Speaker 7: I know, I'm just gonna go Mark just because I mean, I mean, Matt did some great things at s See. But you know, I think he would have won a Natty with that team that wasn't allowed to win a Natty is the sanctions shout up her, Carol, But yeah, Mark won the Rose Bowl and stuff. So Mark had a great career too. So Mark and then Matt. And then I'd go, Rodney Pete, you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna put yourself in.
Speaker 1: That list myself, yourself, yourself.
Speaker 2: And I said myself, but yourself, sorry yourself, No you uh no, I mean I'm not gonna do that. I don't even know who Rodney Pete is. Rodney Pete. Look at his highlights? When do you play sick Layer?
Speaker 7: I don't even know, but uh, I've seen some of his sighlights just being around sc You're just being too humble on this podcast right now.
Speaker 2: No, dude, were put in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the fuck out of here, dude, pull a different game, leather helmets and ship back then or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: He had a solid NFL career too. I don't know, tough dude, because you didn't grow up with it and you don't know.
Speaker 1: And doing these tiers too, are difficult because you got to take away the NFL part, because you just got to talk about college. Because Mark Sanchez, you have the butt fumble, right, you can probably put the things.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's all I remember. That's all I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that thing lived in the not top ten forever, right, yeah, months years. I think it was retired. Look did you can't even see the film on this thing. It's so grainy. This is like the NFL Blitz two thousand.
Speaker 7: It's Rodney Peter quarterback, right, yeah, okay, I thought so looks like him.
Speaker 2: There's a dime. I mean you should have threw him in stride, am I right?
Speaker 1: I mean there's a dime, dude, So you put you put it Rodney, some dude they play in the eighties. No offense to Rodney. I'm sure I'm positive he doesn't watch this podcast. It doesn't matter what I say. But you you never know, you never know exactly. But you're gonna put him over you. You're the third overall pick in twenty eighteen, Ronnie Pizza Baller, look at him.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: We're also watching NFL highlights. If you go back to SC highlights, the way we're judging, I guess the tier.
Speaker 2: I want to go to USC so bad. They were telling me before you got here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, USC, Texas or any SEC school besides Vanderbilt or Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Does Michigan feel about that when you say stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, Well, I well, I say when I was in high school and then I had like an up and down deal with Michigan towards the end of my career there.
Speaker 2: In terms of one of the boosters, no, I never got paid. Never got paid. I'm sure you did a Hollywood stuff. There's so much.
Speaker 1: You never got money. You never got a free meal, You never went out to eat. And they're like, hey, go ahead, you're lying like a rug dude.
Speaker 2: It's okay, we're out. You can't get in trouble anymore. Actually, never got paid. Do you know guys in your team that didn't? For sure? We'll go ahead. What you got? Oh? I got use name social security numbers? Let me hear the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, social Security numbers. I won't name any names, but I'll give Social Security numbers.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 1: I mean there's lots of dudes that people get paid all the time. I mean SEC you know what I'm talking about over their tea. Yeah, hey, it means more allegedly. Do you think Tennessee's paying dudes out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know what I mean, dude, Yeah, that's right. The nil thing.
Speaker 1: We'll do locker room talking a little bit, because they said they want us to do this is all get cuts up too, so it's sound way better. We'll do locker room talking a second. So you get you get drafted to the Jets, what is that fan base like before you got traded.
Speaker 2: Before I got so so when I got drafted and yeah.
Speaker 1: When he got drafted a couple of years there. Yeah, great, they're they're they're love like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, they'll let you know when you fuck up.
Speaker 1: There's no question. But they just seem like they're like on par with the Eagles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, it's it's a very I mean they're devotional fans man like they're there would be there would be games where you know, our season's not going great, and they would.
Speaker 2: The stadium was, I mean pretty pretty solid.
Speaker 7: It was fun to play in loud dude, it was a great fan base, loyal.
Speaker 2: Loved them.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you know things, things don't go well, and they'll let you know about it.
Speaker 2: I respect honestly. Yeah, your face though.
Speaker 1: You're playing a little vanilla on me right now. And I know there's a little something behind that probably pissed you off. Those Jets fans.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: There's there's a lot that you know, people would say stuff and you know, but again, like I said, like when you when you're in the social media world and people are talking so much shit online, you respect it so much more when people say it to your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I h There's only been a handful of time someone says unto my face, right, But Jets fans really do it like that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough. You're going to it.
Speaker 1: You're going to a little deli out there grabbing a sandwich.
Speaker 7: There was a place so I love so I love this place in uh New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say the name, Okay, you have no free shoutouts. I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I don't live there anymore, so, but uh no, great people, but there would be people that would All the people that go there are Jets fans, like they have like the old school like eighties letterman jacket, like you know, I'm like did you play for the Jets or like nah, I'm just a big fan and uh so they're extra hard hats like the Fireman ad guys. So no, but like great fans, but they would definitely be like, hey, what the fuck doing? Like can we can we get the ball to can we put Damarius Thomas out there more often? Like when he catches the ball, he does something with it every time, and it's like, hey, you're not wrong, like I hear you. He's he's dealing with some some hamstring issues, right.
Speaker 2: But they don't care about that.
Speaker 7: About you know what I mean. Uh And so it's just stuff like that. But honestly, it was It's fun to have those conversations, you know what I mean, because they're like critiquing, like what we should do and strategy and stuff like that. The part that pisses me off is when people judge like my game, like how I'm playing.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, hey, Bud, like go strap it up like yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like I was like, you're a fan and I respect you being a fan, and you can talk all the shit you want and I'm not going to do anything about it at the end of the day. But like take it easy, Like like what if I was like, hey, like the house you just worked on, piece of ship, Like he's yeah, you're you're so bad at tiling, Like you really go get another job, really think about your profession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. It's like sometimes you just want to say stuff like that, but you can't. Why why not? I mean yeah I could. Yeah, No, I'm with you. I wouldn't say that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it always sounds so good to think about because you're on that on that Twitter, you see somebody say something like yeah, like even now I feel like a coward, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, Like.
Speaker 7: I feel like a coward like that guy, that guy that's sitting here listening to that podcast like that the Jets fans, Like, now I actually know what he wanted to say to me, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, there's an actual tyler out there. No, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It probably was Carpenter and like yeah, yeah, dude, that is a fucking tough deal when people talk shit like that because you think they think they can do it. You go out to a bar and people say something to you and they're like, hey, what what do you guys do this? Instead, it's like, well, why aren't you the coach? Why are you doing this whole thing? Because they can't love the fans. I don't want to feel like I'm being harder than he is. You're being You're being so nice. I feel like I'm being a little too much of an asshole right now. I was like when we were talking about Max earlier, Yeah, yeah, I feel bad about that too. Ioham a written apology, just kind of shitting on him right away.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, but he is just playing both sides of the fence on you. So when when the when you started hearing trade rumors about everything, how did that process go for you? Like, did like did they tell you, hey, we're thinking about trading you. Did you hear it from the media first? What was that whole process?
Speaker 7: Like there they were they were just like, hey, we got to figure some stuff out. When I was leaving this is exit interview, Like rapping season, so they don't know anything. They might know what they want to do, but they don't know exactly how they're going to do it. So they just tell me, hey, we're gonna we're gonna look at you know, people in the draft and uh free agents and like.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll be in touch.
Speaker 7: And so right right when they said that, I was like, okay, like it's it's a wrap.
Speaker 2: So howd that make you feel when you heard all that?
Speaker 7: I was just like, you know, I think you guys are making mistake obviously. I told him that, Yeah, for sure, nice work, but like you know, at the end of the day, it's it's not you know, that's not my call. So if you know they don't think I'm the guy for them, then you know it is what it is. But so I just kind of reached out to my agent. I was just like, hey, like, I'm not going to pay attention. I'm I'm gonna like not pay attention to social media at all, just like let me know if what happens. Like I was like, if you want to, like tell me rumors, like I'm fine with that, like rumors that are real, not just like ye bullshit. So yeah, so I was just like, let me know if anything changes, and then got a call. I don't even know when, but I think it was a little bit before the draft and they're like, yeah, we're gonna all right.
Speaker 2: It was from my agent first of all. Literally it was it was crazy.
Speaker 7: So my agent calls me, He's like, hey, like, the Panthers are trading for you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come out here in a second.
Speaker 7: And like, right as he's saying that, my phone rings had a call from Joe Douglas, the GM with the Jets.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, like the GMS call me. I got to pick this up real quick.
Speaker 7: And so Joe called me and very respectful, just pulled me straight up what the deal was.
Speaker 2: And uh I was like, all right, you know it sounds good. No, no, thank you nothing. You'res like all right, see ya. No.
Speaker 7: He was like, hey, we appreciate everything you've done for the organization ever since you've gotten here, but we're gonna, you know, move in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh yeah, so was it when.
Speaker 1: We were talking about how like we like to get in front of things, like when somebody knows something you don't, or you know that somebody knows something when you're going through that process when you talk to the team and they say, hey, we'll let you know how everything goes. And then between that and before the draft you get traded, how you like, how are you processing those emotions of like wondering because you know you're not looking at social media, but at the same time, you know there's stuff out there saying X, Y and Z, because I mean, it's a huge media market with the Jets.
Speaker 2: People talk about them all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's it's tough, dude, because like, you what are we doing?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just kidding, fucking clown horn going off just I'm a very popular guy.
Speaker 2: Uh, I was joking, by the way, I know you weren'd. Taylor's like, I'm gonna kill this guy. Guys, I fucked this dude, Man, get him out of here.
Speaker 7: No, but uh, it was It was weird because, like, you know, I have that conversation the exit interview, and then I just go about, you know, my business as usual, and I'm like, because they hired Robert Sala, the new coach of the Jets, and uh, I'm talking to the OC like Michael Floor and Matt's brother and then uh, great nap, you know, rest his soul. But I mean we were in conversation for you know, up until I got traded, basically about the offense, what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: And so when you're yeah, so when they're calling and talking about what they're gonna do, were you like, oh, I'm safe.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: I mean because I knew, you know, like I said in the exit interview, I was like, Okay, I feel like these guys are leaning, you know, in a different direction.
Speaker 2: So I always knew that deep down.
Speaker 7: But you know, like anything I do, I was just like, I'm just gonna, you know, put everything I got and to learn this new offense and if it works out, it doesn't, you know, if it works out, it does, it doesn't it doesn't. Yeah, And uh, that was just kind of my mindset going into it. I was like, I might as well, like keep myself busy, learn the offense, and work out and do all the normal things that I do. And you know, because the worst thing is like sitting on something, you know, just just sitting, you know, waiting to see what happens. It's like, just keep yourself busy. That's that's how I kind of deal with stuff like that honestly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm a plow through right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Guy. I gotta worry about and figure it out. I gotta I got to know what the hell is going on in my life. But I respect that though. I respect what you're talking about. Look at us back on the same page. Insulted my phone and me, and now look at us, we're back to being best friends again.
Speaker 2: Just so popular.
Speaker 1: I love it so popular. I have three text messages. I think they're all of my wife. So you get traded the Panthers, the GM calls you and he says, hey, appreciate everything you've done. Blah blah blah. What's the next part? What is is it like when you're getting traded?
Speaker 2: Like, what is that? Hows that work?
Speaker 1: Do you go immediately to Carolina? Yea to figure it all out?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 7: So obviously talked to the GM, talked to coach Rule, went to Carolina, met everyone met. There are probably like four or five players that were actually their training but so met some of the guys, talked to some of the guys on social media through text, had a dinner with some of the guys as well, with like GM owner head coach, a few other players that were there, that were in town during the off season, and I was just there for a couple of days, you know, did the whole media thing, you know, sitting in front of the locker, putting the jersey on, and yeah, and I flew back home and started learning the offense.
Speaker 2: Nice. And so you live in California in the off season.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful times, greatful time being there, great bout a place.
Speaker 7: Four years ago, redid it through my first season while I was in New York, and then came back and been loving it for the last three years.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So this year you start off, you start up three and oh, things are going great.
Speaker 2: You get injured a week nine. Correct, Yeah that's what it said. I don't remember that's what it said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have notes up here. Cam Newton comes in, uh and takes the spot or whatever? Like, what was that process like with Cam coming back and he scores a touchdown on I'm back doing all that.
Speaker 2: Shit is obnoxious as he seems Cam is the best. I take it back. I think he's as awesome as he seems best. Dude, No, honestly, I'm being dead.
Speaker 1: It's so hard on us back in the day, dude. When he was at the when he was originally with the Panthers. God, I think they won the Super Bowl or I went to the Super Bowl that year.
Speaker 2: That was the year I was on Wesley Woodard and Avery Williams.
Speaker 1: He was doing the dance and then Avery came up and got in his face and he did it to him again. God, Avery's a great dude. But ever since then, I was like, man, fuck that dude. Cam Man just flexing on everybody. Guys got charisma like no one's personality like you've never seen in your life. So when you get injured and they bring Cam and what your what's your thought?
Speaker 7: You know, I was just like, okay, like see what the deal is like, this is like middle of the season. I'm just trying to get healthy, honestly, honestly, and I was just like all right, like you know, and yeah, he was a great dude, great guy to have in the QB room, great guy to just have a round in general because.
Speaker 2: His energy is unmatched.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, and then I come back and play and he's a great guy, like I said, just a great guy to have a practice, great gout to have in your team.
Speaker 2: I literally have nothing bad to say about Cam.
Speaker 1: Is he like, is he the way he seems on media always? No, he's not always that high up, high energy.
Speaker 2: No. I mean there's you know, just like anyone else.
Speaker 7: He's like he's just gonna be quiet and like do his work and sit in the QB room watch tape, take notes. He's gonna like be in the training room with his headphone on and the hot tub headphones on, like just chilling with a tower around hisn't it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like he's a normal dude.
Speaker 7: But you know when he gets out to practice, when he getting ready for games, and there's times, you know, in the locker room and stuff where he gets he gets very charismatic and very high energy and it's awesome. But yeah, he's just he's just a natural born leader. Yeah, he's just he got he has that energy. And uh yeah, all I mean just the things that I've learned from him in terms of.
Speaker 2: Because he's dealt with a ton.
Speaker 7: Of stuff, a lot of a lot of stuff, a lot of ups and downs in his career and the way that he's handled it and the way that he talks about how he's handled it. Uh, there's so much respect and yeah, it's a great dude.
Speaker 1: He was MVP one year and then a couple of years later it's like it's not going the way he wants it to. And he had trouble finding a job for a little bit, so to go through that kind of adversity, and he just seems like every time he gets on a team or does something, he's the same dude over and over again. You gotta respect that. Oh yeah, gotta respect that. So this year, I know you don't you don't read a lot of stuff, but there's a lot of people are talking about whether the Panther's draft of guy, whether they were in the Deshaun Watson talk for a little bit of trading for the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Like what is you.
Speaker 1: Obviously like you say you don't look at the social media stuff, which I'm not sure one hundred percent believe yet.
Speaker 7: I see some stuff. Yeah, then, but I really try not to pay attention to it. Yeah, I don't even know if I try not to. It's just that I don't. Yeah, I mean, because it was so it was you know, New York was on another level that it was like, you know, I kind of figured out how to handle it there, and it was like kind of going back and forth, you know, between my rookie my first year and my third year. It was like I figured out how to best handle it for myself. Yeah, it was just not really paying attention to it. So that's why I've handled it. And I've kind of done the same thing this offseason, where like I'm just trying to learn coach mcadew's system and that's where I'm at, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, do you get nervous when the draft's coming up or anything like that with possibilities of them drafting a quarterback at six.
Speaker 2: Or it's just it's it's literally like.
Speaker 1: There's a lot harder questions than I usually ask on this thing.
Speaker 7: I apologize this is good because no one, to be honest, no one ever asked me these questions because they're you know, whether they're afraid or they don't they don't want to bring it up, you know, just in normal everyday conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So no, this is truly like the first time I've ever answered questions like this. But dude, it's like, honestly, whatever happens, I'm prepared for it, and you know, at the end of the day, someone's got to answer for it, whether it's you know, whoever it is, so the GM coach whatever, if something happens like that, then it's like, all right, I'm gonna see what they have to say and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I hear what you're saying, but it's got for me. It'd be like a tough that'd be a tough thing to kind of to feel and knowing when you're when you're a quarterback, because you know.
Speaker 2: Like, well, it's the Baker thing. It's yeah, it's the Baker.
Speaker 1: Thing, and it's it's understanding you're like trying to understand your thought process of like how you're not looking at you're not paying attention that you're just focused on what you're trying to do, which is be a great quarterback. The only issue is like if they so that they do draft a guy at six, you got you know how the you know how the politics of the NFL work. You know that guy from Liberty, whatever his name is, if they, let's say they draft him, you got to sit there and know that if you guys play well in camp, you might start the beginning, but at some point in time, the owner, the GM is gonna start telling the how coach, we got to get our first round pick to play, you know, And so that's gotta that's got to ruffle some feathers on the inside a little bit. It's got to be tough to think that, Like, I'll give you, I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: So e shot to the ego. Yeah, it is a shot to the ego.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen, we had the number one overall pick and John Robinson was the new GM and everybody that, all the analysts, the experts were saying that we need to draft a guy number one overall off it's a tackle and move me to right tackle. And so at that point, well, I won't play right tackle. It's nothing against right tackles. It's just I'm a left tackle and that's what I'm gonna play. And if they say have to play right tackle, I'm out of here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: That's just how I work. And so I meet with John a couple of weeks. It's like the middle of April or something like that. He's asked me like how I feel about all this whole thing, and I kind of just tell him. I was like, you know, the first overall picks a lot of money to pay for for a right tackle because I'm a left tackle. We go through a couple of weeks of OTAs and they end up trading the pickaway, you know what I'm saying. So like that for me, that's like when I had, like I've said, anything that comes to me, I want to barrel through it.
Speaker 2: So people know how I fear.
Speaker 1: I don't leave anything up to I wonder what he was thinking that you know exactly how I'm feeling and stuff like that. So just when the draft is coming, it's got to be a hard feeling or wondering what is the possibility. It's nothing you can't can truly, but the thought of it coming coming up is it's got to be a difficult thing at times for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it truly is.
Speaker 7: And this is this is kind of where you're not going to believe what I say, but just bear with me.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 7: It truly is, like whatever happens happens, because that's at the end of the day, like it's out of my control. Yeah, and I know that, And so I have enough security in myself to where I can be like I know I'm a good quarterback.
Speaker 2: No, I can be a good quarterback in this league.
Speaker 7: I've proved it, and I know there's a team if you know, something happens that would want me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So well, I feel like the emotional maturity to handle like that is impressive. Like I think I go about I'm not saying the way I do things is a mature way because I don't. I think it's like it can be a little reckless sometimes and for you to have the head on your shoulders you do as a quarterback that you would want.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think it's it's all about who you surround yourself with too's that's however, always thought like my parents, my family, my friends that I have back home, Like all my high school buddies are all my best friends. So you know, obviously there's guys in college that I you know, i'm boys with do but.
Speaker 2: Like I'm best friend.
Speaker 7: I have like six or seven best friends in high school that were kind of with me before all this shit started happening. So I just kind of roll with them, and you know, if I start getting a big head, then they let me know about it.
Speaker 2: That's impressive. So you know, yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Having boys like that around you is really special to have. Yeah, definitely people that'll keep in your place for sure. The locker room talk segment is the last thing I promise. Okay, So the whole point of the locker room segment, it's a new thing. We started last week. We started with Fred Taylor, and it's basically like something like you're sitting with the boys in the locker room a story whether it's off the field, on the field that you don't usually talk about with the mainstream media. We're definitely not the mainstream media. But with with media type in there, we don't trying to be mainstream. We're definitely not trying to be mainstream. Buttoned up is not our forte. Yeah, but as far as locker room talk.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna listen to this.
Speaker 1: No, we have millions of viewers, millions or just not in mainstream, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We're not the ESPN's Okay. I feel like, yeah, I don't know if I can.
Speaker 1: Even a weird way to segue like a segment too, like just to ask, hey, tell us a cool story, right, you know it's kind of.
Speaker 7: Tough, No, it's kind of funny, is ESPN even I don't know, like, is TV mainstream media now?
Speaker 2: Like is that? I mean? But yeah, like podcasts and YouTube are starting to become a little more. It's definitely transitioning quite a bit.
Speaker 7: Because I know, like I'll sit on YouTube for hours, you know, and not watch a look at TV.
Speaker 2: So maybe I'm just different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: ESPN they let off like a hundred laid off like one hundred people a couple of years ago, and it's I mean, it's tough. Shout out all the grinders out there in the mainstream media, though, ude, shout shout out you guys. But the podcast, like you see Pat McAfee's doing, I think he's the most watched dude of all places, right guy's making I would say, close to one hundred million dollars a year right now. I'm yeah, Rogan's out there too, but he's not I mean, he's not sports. But yeah, he crushed the CNN and NBC. We had a Brandon shab on here and they were saying, like all those mainstream news media's takes like a week two weeks to just gain one of his episodes, and he's putting out three of those a week, thirteen million views, hawking just talking he's dude. He's incredible at having conversations with people too. Yeah, incredible. Did you have a four hour conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I could. You could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it's it's usually the conversation usually goes off of who you're talking to, right, Like, if for sure, if Joe's on here, he's a he's an excellent speaker. Yeah, things lowing and he loves talking, So I don't think that'd be an issue at all for sure to be on with him. But locker room segment. Sorry, okay, we are officially interrupting this broadcast again for another ad read. You guys love it, you need it, and you gotta have it. It's like Coldstone Creamery. One of these ones today is very special to me because if you want to smell like this, not right now, because we just talked about in the beginning of the episode, how I kind of smell a little bit sometimes because I come in here after a workout and just come and grind for the boys. But when your boy does sometimes get to the shower, the only thing I use is Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon the one for you, and it's not for clowns. That's what they say, and that's what I believe. There's a lot of things they have where it's the big ass brick of soap, thick body wash, hair wash, hair styling, beard care, which I use, and let me tell you, things are getting a little thicker, you know what I'm saying, Cologne, shave, and facial skin care. Now, one of the things I use all the time is their big ass brick of soap. And not only do I use that, they come with a little pouch. You can put the pouch in there. It's kind of like a fanny pack for your soap. The first time I saw it, I didn't know what the hell was going on. I put it in there, I scrub myself and I realized the SuDS were coming out a lot better because a lot of us nowadays just use the gel.
Speaker 2: Use the gel, you smear it on.
Speaker 1: You got your little blue loofa and you scrub it on top of with this thing. You use that big ass brick of soap and you can just lather the whole body out and you start smelling nice. I gotta keep tailing off me. When I put the duke cannon on, I got to I'm not saying it's gonna do that for you because I'm not going to promise you. And that's how life works. But at the same time it's worked for me. Also, the cologne, I love it to death because you take it and it's not like a little sprits.
Speaker 2: It's not a spray clone.
Speaker 1: One you kind of hit seventeen times and you kind of jump in the middle of it. It has a little thing. It swivels out and you rub your fingers on.
Speaker 2: It, and then you dab it on the neck. Dab it on the neck. Men, one more rum, and then you dab it on the wrist. You just dab it on the wrist.
Speaker 1: You use this stuff, you're gonna smell great. When you smell great, what happens The confidence goes up. Confidence goes up. You're attacking life and you're loving it to death. Duke Canon, It's not for clowns. Check out Duke Cannon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. Duke Canon, It's not for clowns, and also not for clowns. Is this podcast all right? We don't want clowns here. But if you are a clown, off. Maybe that is a professional you're washing. Go ahead and subscribe anyway, Baby, we didn't mean it.
Speaker 2: We didn't mean it. We don't come with the clowns. You know I'm saying, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, rate five stars and make sure your comment. I've done it before. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook talk again. I don't know why I said it twice, but I did it. Jumped in my head one more time. Do it, love it, live it, laugh, just like that old little brand says, let's jump back into Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: What is this.
Speaker 4: Bad clown salary?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hey, listen, you gotta be a clown out here. Thirty three K to eighty one K. This podcast is for clowns. Dude. You guys are making bank out there. Dude, enjoyed this podcast? Locker room talk? What kind of story do you got for us that's going to bless the bus?
Speaker 2: I mean, besides all the dudes run around naked in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we can talk about if you pek at meat too in a second, Okay, A big part of our thing to you riffs riffs only.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a lock eyes with a kind of guy. Yeah, I think I've just moved on to not caring anymore.
Speaker 1: Hey you gotta you got kids, right, Yeah, I got It's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that has to do with anything. Oh, yes, you know what i mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's the best cover up I've ever had in my entire life.
Speaker 2: It's outstanding. Yeah. Oh man, Uh locker room story.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's not like a locker room story, but it's happened.
Speaker 2: Uh after the Rose Bowl game.
Speaker 7: We were in the Rose Bowl and school's on winter break and so so no one's at school, and so we're like, what do we do? Like literally, I'm like, didn't have a planned out, like nothing, just won the Rose Rose Bull Like, what do we do? You know, uh, can't go out? You know, got my I D's taken away? If that's not allowed to be on this we can take that out, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah we won't. But all right, I'm just kidding. Got my got my d's taken away? Uh.
Speaker 7: And so I was like nineteen, I think at the time, and so I was like, what do we do? So we go back an hour south Downe to my hometown and literally all those guys I mentioned Uh, we just had a time. We had a time at uh at my buddy's house who had a bunch of people over. He had a sick backyard, JACUZI all that stuff. So all this stuff you enjoy when you're nineteen years old. So we had a few drinks and I ended up we ended up thinking it was a good idea to DM Snoop Dogg okay because he wasn't you know, he wasn't involved with USC anymore. And I was like, dude, he'd for sure respond on. My buddies were like hyping me up, like did you just want the rose bull? Like you should be able to talk to him? And uh, to this day, like seven years however long it is years later, no response.
Speaker 2: Past said a word.
Speaker 1: Nothing, He's that is a cut to the core.
Speaker 2: I really thought that was going to go to like he and he hit us up, went to his house. We went to his house. Yeah no do Yeah did he read it?
Speaker 7: So sorry for everyone listening because that was, you know, tough story. But the story was not is good anything of a Snoop?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But uh nothing, dude not didn't read it or anything. I don't know.
Speaker 7: He was probably like, who are these fucking kids, like just recording videos like send them whatever loop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like dumb stuff. But uh, these dumb ass crackers just yeah, that's probably what he said.
Speaker 7: Uh but yeah, it's just like send him a video and he just never responded, and I was pretty devastated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gotta be tough when you put yourself out there, especially when you tell the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably responded and they're like, oh, you for sure would you wasn't even my idea. It was like one of my boys idea, Yeah, and I was just like a couple hours go by and it's like, oh, it's not looking good for sand Yeah. Right.
Speaker 7: That was that was kind of like where where it came from was like we wanted something to go do. Uh you know, an uber up to l A probably wouldn't be super cheap, but we're gonna do it. If you like was like, yeah, like come out with the boys, you know it'd be a good.
Speaker 2: Time, and just never responded.
Speaker 1: Party with Snoop Dog would be all the time. You would be so high, Yeah, regardless of whether you wanted to or not.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, second hand.
Speaker 1: Just secondhand, just a stone out of your mind. You think it'd be harder to smoke with Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson. Willie Nelson, you think it'd be harder, Well elaborate, why do you think. I think there was a story that came out of Willian Nelson's smoking.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: It was like Snoop and whiz kal Alifa under the bus, no ship, yeah.
Speaker 2: Under the bus. There you go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Toby Keith wrote a song about He'll never smoke we with Willie Nelson again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like that. I don't know that's what I heard. I think I heard that.
Speaker 7: Maybe it was maybe it was flipped, but I'm pretty sure it was Willie Nelson and.
Speaker 1: Those two wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg. They are like, that's those things. That's the weird guys. Yeah, those are the weird guys. Seth Rogan Yeah, yeah, no doubt. Seth Rogan does get after it, doesn't you. Listen, dude, I had an outstanding time.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 1: I hope you had a great time. We love having you on the bus. Thank you for sharing all that stuff. Let's give a round plaus just Sam Dogg out standing stuff. Don't forget to subscribe and rate five stars, please do that. Seventy percent of our audience, they've told us seventy percent just watches, don't follow. So go and clear that subscribe button so we can just send this thing to the moon. God bless each and every one of you.