Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and came Ridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, welcome to another episode to Teas in a Pod. I'm gonna apologize in advance, which I don't think you should, but I mean, I'm in that stage of my anxiety where I lose my train of thought a little bit. Oh, we're here for to cheese and a pod myself in Erica.
Speaker 3: Well listen, that's okay. You're totally allowed to be in that place and I will help you out if you need it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Yeah, it started. It's normally, like I just you know, I live with constant anxiety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just how long has that been since you were little?
Speaker 2: Since I was little? So it's never it's been one of those things. But then there will be like like spurts of time where it'll just get really intense and almost of the time be after a panic attack.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So this past week I drove to the horse show. Normally I always, you know, will get a ride or do whatever, and I drove with Slate and it was when no cars were on the road and it was fine. But then driving home, Slaate went home with Edwin because she had to get to her birthday and I hadn't competed yet, so then I had to drive myself. And so when I was on my horse about to show, I started thinking about having to drive home and traffic and the blah blah blah, and like I went completely black, like had to yell out to the people outside the ring, where am I going? Like forgot my course? No, And I mean this is like nine in the morning, Like there's no wow. And then I came out and I had like threw up and no way, yes, gosh teddy. And then it's now, you know what. We're a couple of days later and I'm still in it. But it's like it'll it'll disappear for a little waves. I know, I know.
Speaker 3: But it's when you feel like you're living outside of your box. Yes, it's like you I yes, I've had that feeling. It's terrible. And that's why I'm on into deepressants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm on I'm on a zoloft. So like normally it's pretty much kept at Bay So I don't know if it's just where I have so much travel for work and.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got a lot going on too. I think you know, people know you from the pod, they know you from the show, but I know you differently, and you've got a lot going on, you know. So it's a lot and you never know. And that's the thing too, is that people see others and they think, well, their life must be great, and yes it is, but there's also a lot of stuff you don't see, and it wears on you and we're all just human at the end of the day. Everybody, Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm okay. I mean, I had a great therapy session yesterday, which I think is important for me just to continue to stay stable and steady and just not to have my emotions take control of myself.
Speaker 2: I'm okay.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear you feel that way though, but I'm here. So we're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 2: Everybody's gonna we're gonna have a good time talking about other people's problems. You know what, Let's escape our own shit and talk about David Badore, because that's.
Speaker 3: Really this is really gonna take you right out of your spot.
Speaker 2: Even though I was so saddened to see the reports that watching True crime doesn't actually help people with anxiety disorder.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is a problem with that. I asked my therapist. Okay, because I'm always asking my therapist. Is shit, I fall asleep to true crime?
Speaker 2: Me too. It's relaxing to me.
Speaker 3: Me too. Do you know that is a mostly in women. I think it's more son like any man that I'm like, oh, can we watch what are you doing? Yeah? I'm like, what are you talking about? I relaxed to this? So I took it up with my son, whos police officer. He's like, yeah, no, that's a problem. He's like, you know, I try everything I can to get away from this shit, and here you are just blasting and lasting it.
Speaker 2: As you're falling awape, like it can't be good.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It's like a trauma response. More investigation. Whomever is out there that watches their listens, please let us know what we're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah why? And also if you need a good show, Into the Fire on Netflix amazing. Oh, I'm going to start that. I watched it last night. I mean it it's good. Okay, I'll watch it all right. So this first Orange County headline is David Badore's wife Leslie, seeks domestic violence restraining order. He accuses her of extortion.
Speaker 3: But isn't that what he's doing? Oh no, okay, yeah, totally confused for a hot second, all right.
Speaker 2: Essentially, Shannon's picker has always been off.
Speaker 3: It seems this way. So far, we're over too, at least as far as I know her.
Speaker 2: Yes, So according to page six, Leslie Badour, there's a docket for the Superior Court of California, Orange County. It shows that she filed the request last Tuesday. She claims her husband has been verbally abusive and harassed her in front of all of her kids. I recorded the whole incident and will provide videos to the court. All my children are terrified by David's behavior. David truly needs help. He gets an obsessed of mania state. I never know when David's next mount down will be or how long they will last. She leads, he once was cruel enough to call her late father a pathetic loser that had nothing and say that he deserved to die rough hard words, hard words, And I'm not discrediting that. Most likely this probably does happen. But we have to also turn back time and remember Leslie's Walmart rage video.
Speaker 3: Anything about Leslie, do you guys, Walmart rage, what are you? Are you trying to tell me that Leslie is not without sin?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell you that I think both parties may have a little up rage. Yeah, well, because you could go back in time and watch that. And she posted the video herself. It was her having rage out Walmart, and she posted the video like she was so in her rage that she thought she was validated in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just quit with the videos. Yeah, let's just not video anything.
Speaker 2: But have you ever been in an argument with someone, and not on Housewives but in general, Yeah, and picked up your camera and started.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not me neither. Well, I wouldn't even think to do that. That's not when I'm angry. That's the last thing I number one, you should never do that, Okay, never do It's just not something that I would naturally gravitate towards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like my let me video you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really invested in the words that are coming out of your mouth and how I'm going to destroy them, not where my camera is, you know, how I'm going to destroy what you're saying, not you know, oh my god, let me get this on camera. Yeah I know.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Well, that's uh yeah.
Speaker 2: But I feel like this has also happened a couple of times, so I hope that both of them end up in a better place.
Speaker 3: This happened more than once.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think they filed for divorce a couple of times, and they both go back and forth, and and I think, I don't know if this is in all states, but every time you file something in the court than it's public record. So I don't know how much is being leaked to the press or how much is actually just.
Speaker 3: But do we care? I mean, these people aren't on the show, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't care. But it is the number one headline that was listed by doubtload, so.
Speaker 3: We care for today. Okay, great, we care enough to talk about it with. You have to talk about it with, y'all.
Speaker 2: I can tell you I probably care more about that than I care about Katie insisting that Heather Dubrow called paparazzi on herself.
Speaker 3: We don't care, and Katie, I already told you what to do last week, which is just say I'm sorry and let it go. There's a really cool bird out here. What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's probably Eric's like Anyways, there's a bird, there's a wild bird out here. Basically, you know, but she said there is more evidence. She's doubling down on her claim that Heather Dubrow called the paparazzi. My husband and I have been in the media for twenty years. We've known this person, and he is in charge of a big company that controls the paparazzi, She says, though she is willing to unveil more details of their conversation on the matter.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to share our personal texts because I respect his job and I respect his position, and I wouldn't do that to him. I guess it's going to look like that's not a good enough receipt, but I'm going to be respectful to a friend, a dear friend. Just let it go, babe, let it go.
Speaker 2: But also, there's like three big paparazzi sites, So what is their X seventeen?
Speaker 3: You tell me shit. All I know is that I always end up on the fucking daily Minil. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: And you order a lot of Postmates.
Speaker 3: Do you know why? Because I'm number one, I never learned how to cook Number two. I don't like to cook a number three. I'm terrorized to go anywhere. I love a postmate.
Speaker 2: Every time the paparazzi gets like during COVID they got me leaving the Chick fil A with Remember when we were and I had a mask on, gloves within you a.
Speaker 3: Couple of times, girl, ooh my girl.
Speaker 2: They never give me looking hot.
Speaker 3: They never get anybody looking hot.
Speaker 2: Well, the people that call them on themselves, they get looking hot.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, what you know, I think you know there are taxes in life. You know how you have to pay, like federal and state taxes. There's a tax to being in the public, and that is one of them. There's a tax. It's like taxes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You just have to accept the fact that you're going to end up on some site looking like shit. And that's just kind of the way it is. A friend of mine, friends of mine asked me to go to Larchmont Village on Saturday, and I was like no, because I was having anxiety and I knew the paparazzi to be there, and I didn't want to look ugly again, and I wasn't going to put in the work to put on, you know, a face or a little bit of hair. Yeah, you're like I said, do you know what, I don't have it in me. I just don't want to look at it today. And you know what, this person, these this couple, they're the same things. So they were like, you know what, we get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, thanks for the invite, but.
Speaker 2: But I can't do it if you want to hang out with in our pajamas at one of our homes.
Speaker 3: I'm in mostly their home, yeah, because it's real good. But you know, I hated having to say that to them, which was my anxiety, which is honestly what you were talking about is like so bad. I just don't want to look at another ugly picture of myself to And I.
Speaker 2: Think, you know, we'll get kind of into that as we talk about like self image and what's going on. Next one is well Alexis Bollino and John Jansen sign a prenup.
Speaker 3: Before he said no I saw that.
Speaker 2: Did you see his small little scarf? Did you like it?
Speaker 3: I didn't. You know, you always notice when people I don't notice what these people are wearing.
Speaker 2: I'm looking so so interesting to me because you always I'm such an expression in your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm so self involved. But you know what I do pay attention to is people are First off, if you ask me, it's gonna sound kind of weird. What someone looks like, I nine times out of ten can tell you what they feel like to me more so than what they exactly look like. So I'm never really looking at someone's clothes. I'm really looking at their face or how they feel to me. And I noticed when he said no, he was like no. I thought, okay, cool, yeah, cool.
Speaker 2: When when Erica goes cool like it's all bad, it's all about yeah cool, it's good, cool, cool, okay, but he says no, and then she says, we talked about it. And then they asked if she'll take his last name, and she said yes, right, one hundred percent, she answered, immediately before sharing her new initials.
Speaker 3: A J all the way, Oh that would be her name.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean, look, what are your thoughts on prenups if you were to get married again?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't have one with Tom, and I probably should have. I don't know if anything would have saved me because that going through, but maybe it would have helped. I did end up with anything anyway, So I don't know. You know what everybody needs to do their own thing. I would advise, yes, get a prenup, because nine times out of ten you just needed an extra layer protection. And no, it's not romantic, and yes it puts a damper on the whole love thing, but it's also a reality of when and if God forbid things turn ugly, you're protected at least in some way. And nobody ever wants to think of that.
Speaker 2: But would you have been offended when you first met Oh, not at all.
Speaker 3: He was very wealthy. I had nothing.
Speaker 2: But would you be offended if he were to say I need you to sign a prenup in order for us to get married.
Speaker 3: No, because he had everything and I had nothing, So I would understand why he would want to protect himself. But I don't think he ever had a prenup. I was wife number three. I don't think he ever had a prenup. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean I have a prenup. It's not great. Yeah, it's a real shitty one. I sometimes just think.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: It was a place you were in at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean my belongings when I met Edwin where it was an English bulldog one Cardier bracelet and Mercedes like something like but it was like years year like super super old.
Speaker 3: I had a red Toyota convertible silica and my clothes were in trash bags. That was all I had nothing, So anything was up from there.
Speaker 2: But I also want to know, like where I got that Cardia bracelet? Yeah, who gave it? Probably your dad?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like a gift to you. Maybe it was from Edwin, like maybe he gave it to me when you moved in No, like when he was my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh well, the fact that you don't remember it makes me a little nervous. And where where is this bracelet today?
Speaker 2: It's no idea.
Speaker 3: Don't do separate property bit because this ain't it? Yeah, this is half? Okay, ef, you got half?
Speaker 2: The bulldog's been dead for eight years.
Speaker 3: Where are your dogs? You have to you know, I just want to say, I'm sorry to Bogart, but like my dog, my beloved Thiago, has been uh he's been gone for exactly a year. Oh my gosh. But wait a second, I'm putting out the feelers because it's time for me to get a new dog. It's time for me to have a companion, and it's time for me to get a new dog. So I'm reaching out to anyone that.
Speaker 2: Do you want the same kind of dog I do?
Speaker 3: But it's a lot of work. But I don't think that I'm a small dog girl. Someone changed my mind. I don't know where are your dogs?
Speaker 2: Well, so I had just to take you guys down my quick dog timeline before we get into this. But I had, you know, the bulldog when I met Edwin who passed away of old age. And then we had Khalisi who you met when you were on the show, which was she was special. Yeah, she was the best pom ever. And she took her to a doggy daycare when we went out of town and she passed away there. It was traumatic. And then we got these two little frenchies, right, Havanna Havana and pork Chop Yea, and they were I mean, I'm just being honest. I might get heat for this. They weren't like the English bulldogs, like they were hell on wheels and they chewed up our life and like I I was going to keep them forever. And then my brother came into town and you said, and he lives on like a farm and he's he started playing with them and he's an artist. He works from home, and he's like, Teddy, I've always wanted French bulldogs. And I was like, today is your dad?
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, spec I have a.
Speaker 2: Gift for you. And then his girlfriend's looking at me and she's like, oh wow. And so then I looked at her and I go, what will it take? And she's like a Gucci purse. I go go go up to line. No, I go up to my closet. Pick anyone you want. Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to take a shop. No oh, And you let her take a bag.
Speaker 2: I let her take a bag and a pair of air Mays slides and then anything and then the two dogs, the bag, the air May slides. My brother and his girlfriend went on their merry way and they live a happily life ever after.
Speaker 3: The country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we just foster. We foster dogs so that like you do, Yeah, we'll foster them and so that the kids get that experience and that we can also help the dogs. And while there trying to get adopted, but like, we travel too much, and I realized it's not fair to them.
Speaker 3: It's not And that was one of the real things that I've been struggling with was, you know, Okay, Erica, you're by yourself. Don't rob me. You're by which is why I'm getting the dog again. You're by yourself. You live you know, you live alone. I've always had working dogs, which is Emily's dog, I know, Toko. Yeah, he's beautiful, Emily, And I thought, you know what, I travel. But at the same time, like you know, I always have people stay at the house.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you always have I always have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always have people stay at the house. And I've been looking at these Italian mastiffs.
Speaker 2: That's a big ass dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's my type.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I like big dogs. I'm a big she loves big dogs.
Speaker 2: Because dogs, what is it that you do what we do. At the beginning of Housewives.
Speaker 3: Here my tagline Erica loves big dogs. Erica loves big dogs.
Speaker 2: So in Beverly Hills, we love big dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, big dogs need a long leash. I'm a big dog. I need a long leash, you know. So there you go. I'll never forget Ida. When I was young, I dated this man and he was a man and he told me that when we were talking about, you know, like, are we dat He's like, Erica, I'm a big dog. I need a long leash stuck with me for forever. And you know what, I'm a big dog. I need a fucking long leash too. I was on a short leash for many year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, now I need you need one of those retractable yes, but anyway, unleash.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm looking for dogs and I would welcome some.
Speaker 2: So people should slide into your dms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know if someone has a re your DMS, like of course, yeah, I have some interesting things in there. Yeah, it's never anybody wanting to like hook up, but they there are interesting people that I've connected with, like different artists and stuff. So if you have any suggestions or if you know somebody that's got good, solid dogs, let me know. Temperament is everything for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, temperament is everything. Because we don't want to see any of this next thing, which is Alexis Billino bringing receipts to Real Housewives Orange County Season eighteen reunion but not video footage.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I know. When Alexis was a guest on Page six Virtual reality podcast, she explained how she was going to expose the truth at the reunion. She said, I know people make fun of it, but I'm telling you now, if you're going up against lying and the truth, you better have the receipts. My future husband is the one that's being massacred and it's not true. So I am not going to drop it. I'm going to show the truth and tell the truth. But if you don't, if you're not showing the videos, what are you showing?
Speaker 3: Well that's the big gotcha, gotcha? What do you have Alexis? And why are you fighting his fight? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let him do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let the man do his own work, let him.
Speaker 2: Do his shit. Like it actually concerns me. She's been so right or die for you know her ex Jim Bollino as well. She's so ride or die for them all the time. Like if I think there's a moment where you pull yourself back from doing that. But maybe I'm wrong, I pus, I just don't speak of the person.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that. Look, Shannon versus Alexis has been very entertaining, and you know, John and the threesome has been very entertaining. But I don't know what Alexis gets in the long I'm always looking at the like I always play the long game, which is where does this get me at the end of the day. And I don't know if this gets her anything.
Speaker 2: Well, what I have started to think of it.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Yes? You know what I mean? Like, what is this really buy you?
Speaker 2: Here? And correct me if I'm wrong. I actually started thinking the fact that Alexis came onto the show and Shannon's been able to talk about the John Janssen stuff has really lightened the conversation and regards to the Duy on like it's actually a savior.
Speaker 3: It's actually shifted the focus from the Duy to this as he's being portrayed bad man and this girl friend Alexis, that's you know, protecting him and in some ways bullying Shannon. I mean, if you really want to, if you really want it down to what's happening.
Speaker 2: Here, because then it's like you kind of forget. I mean, as much as there's empathy for Shannon, I'm like, you should be so happy that this happened, because if this didn't.
Speaker 3: Well you would have heard as d Y d U I and how you were a hypocrite against Gina and all the other ships. Yeah, like it would have been because we know how these things go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, so it starts out with Katie, Emily, and Jen meet for lunch. Emily says her dress was a size twelve at the fashion show, and Alexis was a size two. Emily says she was the only one who had to bring her own genes. Emily thinks Heather's views views her as a big girl. I love when Emily asks if she's valid in her feelings and Katie is like, oh yeah, girl, because I want anybody but me to have to go after Heather at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but I think that Emily truly feels some way about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think. I think that being on a show like this.
Speaker 3: Only enhances it. And I'm telling you, any flaw, any insecurity, any crack, only becomes more exposed or what is the word bigger for lack of a better word, on a show like.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, I mean, I think you can be like a size double zero and still feel it's however you're feeling like emotionally, however you're feeling with the group. I mean, I remember even walking in and somebody making a comment about like I think I wore like a different colored lipstick one day and somebody's like, well, that's not a character for you. Why are you wearing that coat? And I remember like feeling like having that moment of like shit, like do I look like I'm trying to like all these weird insecurities. Sure that happened because it wasn't necessarily a compliment, but it wasn't necessarily a put down.
Speaker 3: No, I see this is and you ride this place where if I acknowledge something, oh hey, that's different. Now it's on you to you know, now you're in your head about are they making fun of me? Or you know, what does that mean? And then it becomes this whole big thing in your head because you're also different.
Speaker 2: You're accepting. You know that at some point somebody is going to be out to get you on these shows, so your defenses are up.
Speaker 3: Well, if they aren't, they will be after your first season.
Speaker 2: But because I know in real life, you walk into your friend group and they're like, hey girl, what are you doing with the red lipstick? And I'm like, try something new.
Speaker 3: You know, like, well you'll be embraced, And here you run the risk of not being embraced as a matter of fact, and then you turn inward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, we'll get more into this conversation later as the show goes on, because I think that's where it really.
Speaker 3: But she blossoms for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she starts expressing how she's feeling, and I understand, regardless of if it has to do with weight or whatever it may be, we all go through that, yep, in some capacity. Then Shannon says John's lawyer wants the videos for blackmail purposes and they're going to file against her. The reason they wouldn't accept her offer is because they want to still keep those videos of her allegedly on the ring camera. Whatever it is that we don't know.
Speaker 3: That's just like a threat though. That's like having something hanging over your head, you know, that's just kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Which is actually terrible. There's nothing Also, she doesn't know what's on there. To me, there's nothing worse than the unknown.
Speaker 3: Of course, because if she doesn't remember, then you know, you're filling in the blanks with the worst case scenarios, and it's like this thing dangling out there. Well, you know, we still have this.
Speaker 2: It's emotional warfare.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just mean.
Speaker 2: But also like, if you're so happy in your new life and somebody's willing to pay you, Like I'm here to tell you. If if I was suing you tomorrow for seventy five thousand and you came back and offered me fifty thousand and never talk about it again, I'd be like, great, great, that's the end of that fifty thousand dollars richer, and I'm done right.
Speaker 3: And let's have a non disclosure agreement and you know, I mean a confidentiality agreement. Excuse me and move on with our lives. You never talk about it. I never talk about it.
Speaker 2: The end, and now I have my money that I wanted. But this doesn't seem to be about money, No, it isn't. It's about shame. Yeah, it's about shame. Yeah, she is terrible, which.
Speaker 3: Is it's just terrible.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure she already feels a shit ton of shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need to add to that. And Alexis doesn't need to add to that. And John, look, they they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not okay. Then Heather was asked to present at the Glad Awards. Heather and Meredith present the award. Alexis also at the event to support her children. This is a nice moment, of course, it is. We love Glad, We love Glad. I think it's it's good that both of them have been open about sharing as long as their kids are comfortable with whatever they're sharing.
Speaker 3: As long as their kids are comfortable, which they seem to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which they seem to be, and they seem to be very well loved, and so we love that. Yeah, there's not not much more to comment. Nothing really happens at this event of drama's sake, which is nice. Well, you guys, we do it there. We love to ruin a charity event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not please, there's enough. We can wait, you know, there's enough to go on.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more than a housewife loves than to ruin a charity event. Then Katie Tamra and their daughters go candle making.
Speaker 3: Which I thought was sweet.
Speaker 2: That was nice Tamra, I audibly laughed when she's like, mine smells like medicine because it's just so well.
Speaker 3: Yes, she did not pick up, you know, florals. She picked a stringent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's probably what I would pick because I have no idea how to do anything arts and crafty.
Speaker 3: But you know what you like to smell like? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Are you Do you wear perfume?
Speaker 2: I wear Kai, which well I wore it for years and then there was somebody else on our show that came in wearing it and I had to stop. They told you to No, I just smelled them, smelling like you mean, but.
Speaker 3: What about you getting a signature sent now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, is that something you can help me with?
Speaker 3: I you know, I recently started collecting perfume, and because I didn't wear it for so long and now I do and I really enjoy it. Yeah, I've got some I got I've I've bought some bottles.
Speaker 2: Well, I like the I prefer the oil, yeah, the spray.
Speaker 3: Sure, but well, someone sent her something that she can try out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, because you know, I'm having conflicting smell.
Speaker 3: Do you like Santa La? Do you like Flora? What do you like? I have Kai smell like, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know kais I have no, don't. I don't have it on. I sometimes I put it on, sometimes I don't. I stopped wearing it when I was on the show, because then I'd be like, oh, we smell the same.
Speaker 3: Well, you need your own signature.
Speaker 2: Smell wow, smell scent scent miud smell smeile MoU shmoo sm But Tama tells them to be careful who they procreate with.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Amen. Sophia says she doesn't want to get married to have or have kids.
Speaker 3: Good for Sophia.
Speaker 2: I love that, Sophia, And I mean, I can say this, I thought the same thing. I wanted to get married when I was younger, but I didn't want to have kids.
Speaker 3: Look, it can change how she feels right now. That's fine, and so it's great that Sophia feels that way now. She may not feel that way later. It's all good even if she does feel that way later. Everybody's allowed to live their life. Nobody nobody's hurting anybody.
Speaker 2: And also she's allowed to express how she's feeling in the moment. I love that Sophia is kind of just who she is no matter what. Yes, because she's never been on the show, we have to remember she's a essentially been. Her mom has been a part of the show since Sofia was what is it three years old.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Portia who doesn't know it I was.
Speaker 2: Now, but she was never on any season of Orange County until this one.
Speaker 3: Good for her, I mean, for whatever reason. But she seems totally comfortable, Yeah, and just herself, which is wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah for you. And then Tamra says Simon was not a great husband or dad. She says it's hard because he gave her children, but a part of her hates him.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, maybe we keep that part inside. Yeah, I mean because my mother used to say that about my father, who you know, I met when I was twenty five. It didn't go great, but she would say things like you look like your dad or da da da da, And I was like eh, And she didn't say it in a loving way, so that maybe I would have kept to myself. That's and you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And my biggest thing that I've always said to both my parents, because their favorite thing to do is when I pissed them off, to call me the other one's name. Yeah, Like they'll be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at look at John. Okay John, you know what my mother's to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: What are you a little Vicky? And I'm like, whoa, And I hate it.
Speaker 3: And I hated it too, And I didn't even know my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't know him, mom, And it just gives still to this day, they will both it'll still start to come out and I'll be like, please don't say it. It's actually bothersome to me because I love. I have love for both of you, absolutely, and for you to put it out there as if it's a negative.
Speaker 3: Makes me feel weird.
Speaker 2: And also, you two chose each other.
Speaker 3: I didn't choose you, No, you did not.
Speaker 2: For the record, like I wasn't like out there just like a random looking for Vickian you know, John, I wasn't looking for Jack and Diane.
Speaker 3: I was just you know, I wasn't So I don't want to hear it, and I agree it makes me. It made me feel weird too when I was a kid, Oh, look at your Latin daddy. You look like you're Latin daddy. Oh yeah, you guys, I still know this, but you know, and I was like, I don't even know what he looks like. Mom.
Speaker 2: Does she never show you a picture? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I met him later. I would show me a picture, but I didn't think I looked like, but how like, how.
Speaker 2: Did she kind of and even introduce that to you? Like, was there like a photo book or was there anything.
Speaker 3: My mother and my grandmother would talk about my father, and I met my uncle when I was like four or five, so I sort of knew of them, but I did not and I heard stories about my father.
Speaker 2: Did you guys all live in the same town.
Speaker 3: No, he left, okay, so he actually lives on the West Coast and I lived in Atlanta. I was born and raised in Atlanta, So no, we did not live in the same town, so he was nowhere near. And so like when my mother would get angry, Oh there's your dad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna say his name because he didn't need all that and I don't either, but yeah, yeah I would. My mother would do the same thing, and my grandmother a little bit, and I would just be like, you know, I don't even know this, dude, Why are you saying that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it doesn't and it doesn't feel complimentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe Tama would have just kept it short.
Speaker 2: But either way, I think that we are seeing that both Tamra's daughter and Katie's daughter have have a hard relationship with their dad.
Speaker 3: And Katie said that in her confessional, yeah, that they relate on this level.
Speaker 2: And then uh, Shannon and VICKI fly to Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: For the Trace to make up. But I guess it's dose.
Speaker 2: It's dose. So I had to do some research on this because the way they present this is as if it's a well oiled machine that's been going on for years. You mean the show, the show, the Trace make a show, yeah, like when you like machine. Oh, sorry to bring myself into you're like, hold on anyways, the next pretty nice to let yeah actually actually yeah, yeah, you can buy tickets now. But they make it seem like there was a Lee East. I don't know, like you would think it had been going on for years. How many shows were there? Three three? Three three shows Trace?
Speaker 3: There was three shows, and now there's squattro shows with dos amgas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when they're anybody who's.
Speaker 3: Being standards, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so sorry. I have to say, when you think of something that's a well oiled machine, it's not three fucking shows. No.
Speaker 3: Three shows are basically rehearsal, yeah, and show dress rehearsal.
Speaker 2: Three. I mean they could use three more shows to work on their current show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure you need three more maybe private rehearsals before we put it back on the road. Yeah, but I gotta you know, the time to reformulate the show is not in front of the audience.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: The tapping. Did you ever tap as a child? Because I did?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did with my mini mouse here of course, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, everybody's shuffle ball change and shuffle step and you know, heel toe tap, heel toe tap. Yeah, I don't know that they were giving me their best well and.
Speaker 2: Why they're so frustrated after for tam or leaving when they knew. But then the next thing, I'm like, why are they acting like they're Taylor and Beyonce? But then Vicky kept comparing herself to Adele.
Speaker 3: The Adele thing was a reach, you know, like the Adele. Yeah, we're like Adele.
Speaker 2: I was like, are you to Lulu?
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm listen. I think that we all admire certain people.
Speaker 2: You know, I could compare my Like, if I was going to compare myself to someone, I'm trying to think of who would.
Speaker 3: Be like Harymon is the Thief of Joy, Teddy don't do it right.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if I were, it would probably be somebody who's, you know, a pain in the act. Like it wouldn't be Adele. It wouldn't be a mega superstar selling out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, look with the world's best voice.
Speaker 2: When I can't even figure out my T shirt slingshot.
Speaker 3: That was interesting too. Adele does T shirt slingshot. I did not know that. But she's done at MLB games. I've seen them done at baseball games, like the Angels us to love.
Speaker 2: It, but they have like a gun that kind of tests them out.
Speaker 3: Maybe not like with a slingshot in a club in Saint louis Is said Saint Louis. I think I actually loved Saint Louis. I had a good time there.
Speaker 2: I did too. Then Jen asked her son Dawson to be honest with her about not coming home before curfew. Dawson says he doesn't want to come to the house. Dawson says he doesn't have personal space. It would be better to go to his dad's place. And then Jen gets emotional and says she'd be better about giving him his space, but she'll never stop being his mom.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Hey, I have a thirty two year old son. This is par for the course. They want to be with their dad. They don't like to be near their mother. Don't take it personally, Jen, I promise you he'll come back around. It's going to take a little while. But he's also in my opinion, like you know, you want boys to want to be independent. You don't want them to be stuck at home. I'm not saying that is this, but can.
Speaker 2: We do it? Check on how old Dawson is.
Speaker 3: He's in high school. I thought, right, But it's okay to want to live with your dad. I think it's totally okay to okay with that.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about him wanting to live with his dad.
Speaker 3: You do have to come home. You can't break her.
Speaker 2: But the structure is what I think is problematic.
Speaker 3: He's seventeen. He should be home.
Speaker 2: And when she said, I don't want you to get mad at me when I tell you have to wake up and go to school, I think, what ends up happening? I know I did this when I would switch between both my parents' houses.
Speaker 3: Which one was John or Vicky? Which one was more lax? My mom?
Speaker 2: Oh, but I was very manipulative, like I would use the other parent to get out of certain situations. Daddie, Yes, because as as I knew that they couldn't work together, Oh you just played them. Yeah. Then I was like, well, great, well I have the upper hand in every siture. You're not talking to each other.
Speaker 3: I got my.
Speaker 2: Own way, which is I'm not saying Dawson.
Speaker 3: Is doing this, but I'm saying Dawson, if you're listening.
Speaker 2: But Dawson, if you're not going to school on time, you're breaking curfew.
Speaker 3: It's not acceptable in either home you got. You're seventeen years old. You have to come. You cannot break curfew. You need to go to school. Nothing good happens if you do. If you know, don't go to school and break curfew. I can promise you that.
Speaker 2: But Jen's ex husband did used to work for Jen's dad and now he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Oh so, but her parents look nice. We met her. I remember seeing her parents on this season.
Speaker 2: The next sweet But I did appreciate the conversation where Jen says that she wants more for Dawson than what she created for herself. She's like, she's a very honest moment, and we all want more. I think every parent wants more. And I kind of appreciate her vulnerability where she will open up about that kind of stuff because not a lot of women, not a lot of housewives are going to do that.
Speaker 3: No, and they're not really. She's been criticized for a lot of things like not having a job, not paying her bills. We see this scene with her son, So you do have to give it to her there. You're right about that. There are a lot of people that would definitely shield the audience the opposite way, of course, and you know, try to make that not happen at all.
Speaker 2: But then Shannon and Vicky start their show. Vicky wants to start it with a shot of tequila. I can't help because I am somebody that thinks ahead thinking that is.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a fucking sate Ted Ted thinks See I didn't. I just thought, well, Vicky's being Vicky. She's trying to rile up the crowd. This one is already down with the sabotage.
Speaker 2: I fucking thought she did this on purpose, because then you saw Shannon shrink down.
Speaker 3: And say, well, I'm gonna have a sick I'll have a.
Speaker 2: Sip because she she also is probably nervous in the same situation and doesn't feel comfortable, and she knows, she knows that they could have just brought any cup out there, could have had a mocktail. I could have apple cider. She could have had a mocktail. But that didn't even have to be a discussion. I felt like it was a discussion because Vicky wanted to make a point of it that Shannon's still drinking. I can't help it.
Speaker 3: I always see that in people, you know, which is great about you, because I looked the other way, which is Vicky's trying to, you know, rile up the crowd. This is what they do. And maybe she just wasn't thinking about Shannon or something like that. Vicky's in her own you know, Hey, we got to sell the show, we got to crowd into it. Whereas you're like, hey, this is a pure sabotage. Interesting, but I always I have that natural no. But it's actually, Look, it's not a bad thing. It's just I didn't see it that way. And now that you proposed that, But do you think that Vicky would do that to Shannon? I mean, they are friends. She was there to support her at the Traders party.
Speaker 2: But I mean she got paid to be there.
Speaker 3: So what everything's not about money? Ted? Okay, maybe I'm wrong here, Erica, Well not everything. I mean, you know, I've done some things for free.
Speaker 2: I was there when she was there, and the whole time she's like not paying attention. She's ready to go either way. I think I think it was for show purposes. Was it to sell out Shannon? Maybe not? But was it for to try to create good television? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, but that's why would they bring her in? Is because people do like to see Vicky on TV and I think she is good TV. She is good TV watching her, and she's why she's lasted.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Heather tells Alexis she should have brought John to the awards, and Alexis gets emotional. Alexis says, the legal battle is affecting her. Could could you explain to me how John suing Shannon over facelift money is emotionally affecting Alexis?
Speaker 3: I cannot, because unless you've personally ensued, which is quite an experience multiple times, who cares? You know? It's not your fight and no, it's you know you're you're emotional because you but then.
Speaker 2: I noticed these are but this is the other ship that I noticed, like clothes, like I noticed, like you know how some people are really good criers. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Were there no tears coming out of her face? I mean out of her eyeballs?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: No, her entire nose just turned bright red.
Speaker 3: But my nose does that, it does?
Speaker 2: Oh god, No, your eyes get like sparkling blue and big.
Speaker 3: What have you been analyzing the way I cried?
Speaker 2: Yes, I analyze how everyone cries. I have not the good thing about my crying is my lips get really big, teddy.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it is. I didn't even you don't think I could have never been short for words, But damn it.
Speaker 2: I can analyze every person's cries, except I can't tell you about Juris because I've never seen her cry. Then the women write questions on Djenga tiles. I saw that Alexis pulls. Who do you hate? Alexis says, she hates the devil? I I have to tell you, Yeah, Alex's really drove me nuts this entire episode.
Speaker 3: I can tell she really got on your nurse.
Speaker 2: Why does she bug me so much? In real life? She didn't bug me that much.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're affected by the show. Well, I can see why she would wear you down. I mean, I think you're not the look you know what, you're not the No, the whole audience is worn down by this woman. And I say that with love and kindness. But you know there's something the whole audiences but.
Speaker 2: They are they are.
Speaker 3: You can see it if you're feeling it. We're feeling, and imagine what everybody else is feeling. Like, my god, God, bless her. I don't know her, but she's really worked hard. She's worked hard for that, has worked hard for that. Wait, calls her a friend. Soon you're just a friend.
Speaker 2: Well that's where I was like, Emily, did you have one too many espresso?
Speaker 3: More teams. Emily's over there calling out the show, and they let it in.
Speaker 2: I can't when they when they love it, it's like a Bravo, Bravo, fucking Bravo moment. I love people let it in. But then Gina pulls how big is this penis? Because there's in past seasons they talked about her boyfriend having a small penis.
Speaker 3: Wait, who Travis has a small piece allegedly?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, then then Katie pulls, they show me your Yeah, I don't like that. Then they continue on where Tamra says, take your pants off, pee in the yard, and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did she peed on the by the pool? I was hoping that, Actually, Tamra, you are good TV. You know how Vicky's good TV. Tamra may be better TV because this she delivers. She don't give a fuck, she really doesn't. And I love it until after the fact, right, I love it about her, and then I go, oh, no.
Speaker 2: No, the aftermath is going to be beat.
Speaker 3: She's a sweet woman, she really is, and she gets a lot of shit, but she shows up and she does you know, she works hard. And I know you guys like criticize her and shit like that, but she's.
Speaker 2: She's a good person. Like she knew about my anxiety. She's the first person that called me. Like she she legitimately cares about her friendship and her relationships.
Speaker 3: And she goes to extra mouth to entertain you all. Yeah, she really does.
Speaker 2: It's a TV show at the end of the day, it is.
Speaker 3: It's It's tough though, because it's your life on steroids, being picked apart by not only the other women, but you know, the public. But Tam shows up.
Speaker 2: Tam shows up, then Emily, this.
Speaker 3: Is the meat.
Speaker 2: This is the meat.
Speaker 3: Now we're getting the episode.
Speaker 2: It's taken us a minute to get here, and it's like, bad shit, are you hitting on me? Oh god? Then this could be the highest rated episode. It's explicit this episode because Erica is.
Speaker 3: An SFW not safe for work. Does anybody even work anymore? We don't even have that's amazing.
Speaker 2: See we work out of my second like the half of my bedroom.
Speaker 3: This is a cool studio. This is great on this place. This is legit.
Speaker 2: Okay. I mean if only I wasn't filled with glass and we saw.
Speaker 3: Well you're talking about that blows out all the imperfections stuff. For that side lighting that makes me look a million.
Speaker 2: I've asked them a million times when before you post our fucking videos you put it there, put it fill down because I had a mustache. I was like, it's this side light, just put this down.
Speaker 3: But I like the front. Okay, let's just anyways.
Speaker 2: To when you guys see us with a mustache.
Speaker 3: You see me with like like extreme increases. I swear to god, if you met me in real life, I don't look like that.
Speaker 2: It's a real fright. What we're going through here?
Speaker 3: Oh for this side lighting.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you know this is what happened when you pod from your bedroom. Then Emily, we're not even.
Speaker 3: In your bedroom ring like a big room. I wish my bedroom was this big.
Speaker 2: Then Emily asked Heather why she asked her to bring genes to the event and not everyone else. Heather says everyone had their own specific outfits. Emily tells Heather she got emotional at the event and felt singled out. Heather apologizes and says she didn't mean it that way. Heather says some of the women had two changes, and she wanted to make Emily feel like a star, so she had three. That that was one of those backhandeds. That was like the red lipstick comment. It was one of those like, but I gat I realized that you would probably come in feeling insecure, so I did the most to make you feel comfortable, and that is the worst way you can feel when you're feeling uncomfortable. You know what, though, do I think anything Heather did was malicious? Absolutely not until she got to her confessional and said everyone sent their measurements and hers came back and it was a twelve, and you know what, it was tight on her. That's where I was like, hold on, are we into shaming now at this point? Well, and if you've never actually struggled, and I love Heather this season, that line probably because of my.
Speaker 3: I get it. It cuts deep, It cuts deep, and it you know, look, we're all a little snarky, and we're all a little and this probably just went a little too far because that's not.
Speaker 2: You know, because I didn't necessarily mind tamor I mean, this isn't me being biased, but tamra Hers felt a little bit more light in the shade, Like she's like, I can't believe Heather would say something like that or do something like that. That's something I would do.
Speaker 3: Well, that was the best part about it is when you're self aware and you can make fun of your Like, I can't believe she said that, That's something I would say.
Speaker 2: Like that, that felt light. It didn't feel but like when Heather said that, I was like, all of a sudden, you're making it personal when it wasn't personal before.
Speaker 3: How about this? It was just a little bit too much information. Yeah, just say, well, I you.
Speaker 2: Know, so you did know, so you knew exactly, because before we're believing that you didn't really know. You're sending the measurements out, people are coming back. But now you're like, well, actually it was this.
Speaker 3: But then, in an attempt to defend your choice, yeah, I get it, but.
Speaker 2: I mean boo boo. But then Emily says, which I don't know how Alexis could have gotten this part confused.
Speaker 3: I love the way this whole fight broke out. And then Emily's calling Alexis a whack a doodle and a friend. I really got exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, because how did Alexis make this about her? How? How I cannot understand because all she said was standing next to Alexis, I didn't feel good in the dress. And then Alexis like, what do I have to do with that? I'm going through a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just be quiet at that moment and just let Emily finish what she was saying and let Emily have the moment. You don't have to jump on her moment.
Speaker 2: And she also wasn't coming at you, because how you aesthetically look, she was saying how she.
Speaker 3: Felt standing next to you, actually paying you a compliment, Alexis.
Speaker 2: But then she didn't stop.
Speaker 3: She kept going yeah, and that's when it got a little nuts.
Speaker 2: But then Emily starts to really come on hid. She tells Alexis to shut up. Yeah, she got upset, but then Emily asked Heather to chat separately. Heather questions why she brought it up in front of everyone. Emily says Heather is being rude and condescending. Heather asked Emily to be quiet for a second, and Emily tells her to fuck off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're not going anywhere with this were you know?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about a one on one after being things being brought up in a group?
Speaker 3: I think a one on one for me is always more effective because I think when the group starts yelling, like case in point, when Alexa starts making it about herself, you get off track and everybody starts yelling and it becomes loud. I prefer one on one after something like that because you get off topic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really wanted to say, hey, Teddy, you know what, can I please talk to you because I have something I'd like to say to you, not in front of everybody else for everybody else's.
Speaker 2: Opinion, right, But if you already have started the conversation at a table with the group. Then you're it's already out there.
Speaker 3: But it got hijacked. Yeah, it got hijacked. We got off topic. It became about everybody else's feelings and about you know, Alexis and everybody else. When Emily was really trying to talk to Heather about what made her feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Now, who didn't really see much this episode?
Speaker 3: Gina, Yeah, isn't that what you wanted?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So of producing this show, Well, you're always producing everything, Teddy, I don't. Probably one of the best producers. She's like, look at her, she knows anyway, you yeah, you're a producer.
Speaker 2: I think that this episode was good, but I'm gonna have to tell all of our listeners what Salt Lake City is going to be better. I just watched it.
Speaker 3: Really, I've never watched that show. Is it good?
Speaker 2: It is so good. I'm loving Orange County what they're doing. But then you see a full blown shit show, and then it makes me I have to be honest with the Erica makes me worry a little bit about Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, look, I can only blow up once every ten years. I can't, you know, burn down my life more than once. I mean, there's enough there. There are multiple people on a show for a reason, Teddy. Maybe they can get to work.
Speaker 2: Oh is that going to be one of Is that what we're working with here.
Speaker 3: It's an ensemble show for a reason. Everybody you know, has to bring their life forward. There's nothing more I can give here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, thank you guys for tuning in to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself and Erica.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, guys, Thank you for having me Teddy of course,