Speaker 1: What's up, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Bucko Territory, presented to you by the Foul Territory Network.
Speaker 1: I'm Noah Hiles.
Speaker 2: Joining me as always are my co hosts, Josh Harrison and Platinum Key aka Mark. It is Wednesday, It's a mailbag Wednesday. We actually already recorded our mail bag show, I'm coming to you live Tuesday evening from PNC Park. I believe it's like the Seventh Inning where we have to redo the intro of the show because not long after we recorded, the news became officially Connor Griffin is going to head on the IL for eight to ten weeks with a finger injury ligament in his finger, his ring finger on his left hand. That's gonna require some time in a splint. So he's basically going to be out for the long haul all the way into September, which is a big injury for the Pittsburgh Pirates. And after ordering a mailbag episode where we took your ideas for trade candidates, it kind of felt silly because guys, let's call spade a spade, this really alters their needs at the deadline. So I'll just open up the floor. We'll actually just start off with Josh. Here, Josh, I'll ask you. I mean all three players that we talk about later in the show, which we'll get to after this segment.
Speaker 1: Our relief pitchers. Is the bullpen still their main need?
Speaker 2: Or when you look at this team now without its star shortstop, is filling that void up the middle now the top priority as they head into the deadline?
Speaker 3: Filling that void is definitely top priority. You're talking shortstop. That's middle the diamond, most important position out there besides the catcher that's supposed to, you know, hold things down. And we talked about it this year. It was six or seven games before he was called up to be that guy. So with knowing that your guys down, you have to find a way to you know, try to weather the storm fill his spot. Obviously, you know this is a position. This is a guy that means a lot to this team, and I don't think they're in a position that.
Speaker 4: They are without him.
Speaker 3: And in an episode earlier day, I spoke about being able to catch the ball because our infield is one of our strong points on defense. It instantly just took a big hit and you have to address it because even if it's eight to ten weeks. That eight to ten weeks is if he as far as like, how healthy he's gonna be, how good he's gonna be looking at my injuries are nothing to play with. I know a little bit about something. I tore the ligament in my thumb and I made it back, you know, a little bit before time. But that wasn't to go without saying that. We were also in a playoff hunt twenty fifteen. It was our third year in road going for so a little different situation as to why I rushed back. But I'll tell you hand, injuries are a little funky to deal with. So they're gonna have to replace him because I don't think you want to rush your twenty year old, you know, face of the franchise for something that may be a possibility for September. So they're going to do everything diligently to have them ready. But if it doesn't make sense, I don't think you know, they're not in the position to really push him like that, So you have to address it.
Speaker 1: Mark before you weigh in. I just want to get your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure you're on the same wavelength with Josh here when you think about shortstop. I mean, this isn't really a position that you can kind of cheap out at, right, So is this something where as a fan, would you be willing to see them give up a little bit more to get someone with multiple years of control, maybe a guy like Willie Castro who can slot over to another position, or do you kind of think, okay, just get a rental someone who's a little bit better than Jared Triola.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think there's an argument to go and get a guy that does have control. The depth issue at shortstop's not going to go away next year. That's going to be a position that we need. By the way, apologies if I'm stuttering here. Ryan o'harn just hit his third home run of the game as i'm speaking, So yeah, a little distracted there, But no, I mean I think there's quite a great argument to go out and get that a longer term shortstop. If they don't get that, though, the one benefit is I like the flexibility that you have with Nicknzalez and Jerry Triolo on the left side of the infield, where both of those guys can play third base. I don't know if you want to put Nick Gonzalez at shortstop. No, probably not, but so you at least have some guys there. But yeah, no, I mean this is your knee number one now, way more than a reliever. Still need a reliever, obviously, but I would be addressing this first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I tweeted this right after it happened, and some Pirates fans were disagreeing with me online, and a lot of people's contention was, oh, you know, he was just above a league average hitter. He had like a one oh one ops plus. And I said, guys, it's not about the offense. It's not just about the defense, it's not just about the base running.
Speaker 1: It's all of it.
Speaker 2: Right, You can't lose your starting shortstop, especially when you don't have another shortstop on the roster. Connor Griffin was playing at a three to four war level at the most important position in the infield, and your best replacement is replacement level at that position. You can't afford to become a team that is three to four wins worse for eight to ten weeks, especially these eight to ten weeks, because they're you know, eight to ten of the final weeks of your season, and you look at the competition ahead, you gotta be better than replacement level up the middle, especially with O'Neil Cruz. And I know O'Neil Cruz and Spencer Horwitz they're going to eventually be back, Like you need to stay alive until they get back. And even when they come back, yeah, they're not back yet. And the offense has been fine without them. It's not about the offense, it's it's what you're losing defensively, It's what the defense. How the defense as it currently is assembled hasn't been good enough to help your starting pitch all the time, It's going to be worse. So that's why I look at it, and we can. We're obviously going to have to cover a million infielders now in the future Wednesday trade mail bags. But I'm looking at guys like Ezekiel Tovar, Willie Castro, two guys on the Colorado Rockies. But like people who have Jeremy Pana may be like people who have control, who can slide over to third base next year, Like this is a position where I think they could use infield depth anyway.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I think Connor is still.
Speaker 2: The future of this team, but he's now had two injuries in his rookie year, and it's like, all right, well, if injuries are going to be a continued thing, which I'm not suggesting they will be like you, but you still need an insurance policy on your most important player, and they don't have that right now with Triolo, they don't have that with Gonzalez. Those guys can play other positions in the infield, but when you move them to shortstop, they're a worst baseball player. So that's why I agree wholeheartedly. It seems like we're all on the same page. Shortstops now the number one position.
Speaker 5: Of need for this team, absolutely, And I actually have a one quick question for you. No uh yes, I've been seeing a live chatter on Twitter, people saying, well, the players have a guy that used to play shortstop coming back from injury. Is O'Neil Cruise an option at shortstop?
Speaker 4: No? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I mean he like, you can't do that to him mid season, right, Like, he hasn't played there in two years, and.
Speaker 5: When he did, there was a reason why they moved him to the outfield.
Speaker 1: Like thirty errors. So I mean, I don't know, I don't know, so I wouldn't do it. Just go get someone who can play shortstop's exactly. That's as simple as it gets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you normally go in field out film, you know, yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless you're like Mookie Bets or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Me and the seventeen in the game against Saint Louis where I started it, Yeah, after the ninth and he went to right field and finished the last like three innings at second base.
Speaker 4: That's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right quickly the other way around, so I would stay awake.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So all right, Well that concludes this emergency intro segment.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, you'll see the rest of the show that we recorded earlier today. So thanks for everyone tuning in and enjoy the episode we just recorded here on Bucko Territory.
Speaker 6: Look in summertime, it's cool in the morning, hot during the day, cool again at night. Rarely am I sitting there going, oh, I'm just gonna do one thing at a time. I'm bouncing from work, I'm bouncing in the yard, I'm running to a game. Fabletics has got me with price, comfort and versatility, with all the gear that I'm getting from them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're talking about premium activewear you'd expect from higher end brands, but without the price tag. Lightweight, breatheable, comfortable, built to actually last. And if you're going to Fabletics, you should be joining as a VIP, which completely changes the game. You can shop now at fabletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so don't wait again. That's fabletics dot com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another mail bag, and it's July, which means we're doing.
Speaker 1: A trade deadline mailbag.
Speaker 2: We ask you on Twitter every Tuesday to send us some trade candidates of which you would like us to review. Today's three are lukewaver Dan You'll Lynch the fourth and John Schreiber Shreeber Shreiber Streiber sounds right, yeah, all right? So three relief Yeah, three relief pictures all from clear sellers, and we're gonna get right into it. Mark has Lukewaver, So Mark, please bring your notes to the class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Weaver, currently a relief pitcher for the Mets, was mentioned by three different people in our suggestions and rightfully. So just pulled up his stackcast page here and there is a lot of dark dark red. He is just having a phenomenal year, a zero point eight to four whip right now one point eight nine era. He hasn't allowed an earned run in his last fifteen starts or not start, sorry, fifteen games. I should say he's mostly a two pitch guy with a four team change up. He'll mix in the cutter as well against right handers right handed batters a little bit. But this guy is just having one heck of a year. Previously was pitching for the Yankees as a reliever before that, former starter, former first round pick of the Cardinals, and yeah, he's just really stepped up in this bullpen role. He's going to be one of the most sought after relievers on the trade market this year. Mets seem to be the pretty clear sellers where they're just gonna tear down the whole team, and that bullpen has some options in it, and Luke Weaver is one of my favorite ones, especially adding another right handed reliever with we have a lot of depth that lefty already in the bullpen, so I feel like adding a trusted backhanded or back end reliever that's right hander would be really really awesome. Super high chase rate, strikes out a lot of guys, doesn't really give up too much hard contact. Just everything you want from a bullpen guy. So yeah, toss it over here. At No, you got any thoughts on Luke Weaver?
Speaker 2: I do? I mean, yes, everything you said is great. He's a really good pitcher. He would make this team better. I see one, actually twelve and a half million reasons why they would think twice.
Speaker 1: So next year.
Speaker 2: He's making nine and a half million this year, so that's in addition to the payroll right there.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty steep addition.
Speaker 2: I mean, he'd be making more than every picture on the team not named Mitch Keller, I believe.
Speaker 1: I don't think they have another.
Speaker 2: Picture like seven, yeah, seven or eight, so yeah, yeah, which I mean he's your closer, and maybe Luke Weaver would be. But next year for that to go up to twelve and a half million, you're I mean that's the Pirates. Yet that's that's about ten percent of their preioal and you're paying that to a thirty three year old reliever, which I mean, he's really good this year, he's been solid, but you never know year to year, right, And it seems like the back end of these big time reliever contracts, yeah, never really age as well as you would like them to, unless you're in.
Speaker 1: That like elite elite class, which.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's in. I'm not also sure that he can't be. But I'm not saying I wouldn't do it. I'm just saying that it's like, is that the type of contract team is looking to take on right now when it seems like they've already spent to an uncomfortable amount, And then you look into this offseason that's approaching, You're gonna have to have money to replace Brandon Law. Paul Skeens is heading into arbitration. I mean, you're already probably gonna have to explore the idea of offloading a Mitch Keller, like you already have a lot of money tied up in the Mitch Keller, and who knows what Mitch Keller is going to be for the remainder of his deal and is twelve and a half million dollars a commitment you can make to Luke Weaver next year or unless you're willing to just eat his contract this year and try to trade him in the off season.
Speaker 1: Well you even have an opportunity to do that this offseason.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the complexity of trading for someone like Luke Weaver. And when you compare that to a lot of other guys that we've mentioned, like Garrett Whitlock has his contract has money, but it's club options, right, I think Chapman is the same thing.
Speaker 1: Or it might be a mutual option or a playoff for Chapman.
Speaker 2: There's yeah, so you have a little bit more control where it's like, this is a big commitment and I don't know, I don't know if they'd be willing to take that on. Josh, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all kind of handled everything there. I was looking at everything. You know, obviously on the Savant page that you know Mark hat put up.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things that you know pop out that are to like.
Speaker 3: And when you said there are some things that you didn't like, Noah, you said, like twelve and a half reasons. I thought you were gonna go seventeen because he doesn't have that much extension.
Speaker 4: You know how much the Pirates take extension.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, there's a lot obviously to like when you look at his body of work this year and what he's done the past couple of years. But Noah, a lot of things that you said, obviously I think hold a lot of weight. Even though his page looks really nice and like, yes, he would definitely boast of the bullpen.
Speaker 4: I think he'd help a lot of people, But I just don't know if it.
Speaker 3: Would happen with the Pirates given his you know, pretty steep, you know, price tag, and the uncertainty of if you'll be able to offload that, as you said, offseason, if you want it to or if you're gonna keep it. A lot of things that come with that. So he would be nice to have, but I think he's gonna be a little bit harder to reach just from a standpoint, are they willing to, you know, give up what they would have to give up band take on salary or however that will work? So little dicey, But I think there's a lot to like. But I don't know if it really gets done, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like to just kind of conclude my thoughts on it, I think there is a world where, like the Pirates are willing to take on a deal like this.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're in that place right now, though.
Speaker 2: Like if the Pirates were what the Milwaukee Brewers are, and they're in first place by like eight to nine games or however far they are, and they're twenty games over five hundred, and it's like, oh, okay, like this is the year, then.
Speaker 1: You're willing to overspend on something.
Speaker 2: It's like you might take on a contract that you will ret next year or get your payroll to an uncomfortable level. I don't think think you do that when you're one game over five hundred and three games out of the final wildcard spot, right when you can't catch the Saint Louis Cardinals in Miami Marlins, two teams who just aren't really even close to even entering their window, or maybe they are now, but they didn't intend to be in their window this early. I just don't think that this is a transaction that makes sense for the Pirates. I know pirates fans are going to hate hearing that, but that's just kind of the harsh reality of it. If they were a big market team who didn't care about what they spent, like the Dodgers could take this on and it's like, Okay, if we have to pay him twelve million dollars to suck next year, who cares.
Speaker 1: The Pirates aren't a team that.
Speaker 2: Can afford to pay a reliever who might stink next year and you don't know what you're getting next year with him.
Speaker 1: You know he's good this year. If he was a rental no brainer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's going to probably cost like two top twenty prospects because this is one of the top relievers on the market. Maybe not that much, but yeah, it would be expensive with the two years of team control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it might be less expensive prospect wise because of the money, true, But either way, it's not going to be a treat transaction. Yeah, like you're gonna it's gonna hurt you somewhere. So I would love to see it. He makes the team better. I don't know if it's like something that makes sense for where the Pirates are right now financially, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get into my guy who I was assigned Daniel Lynch, the fourth here on Bucket Territory.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball fans. The MLB season is in full swing and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why fan duel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opten required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Daniel Lynch the fourth was a name that was thrown out left hander for the Kansas City Royals. This is an interesting guy. Got a really good frame for a pitcher, six foot six, two hundred, two hundred pounds, twenty nine years old, a lefty. Probably not your closer. But you look at that savant page. It's a pretty good looking savant page right there. I don't see any dark blue at all. I see a lot of red. I see a seventies, eighties, nineties, and I see someone who's a little bit of an affordable acquisition as well. Guys, I mean, you look at his contract status. He is only making just over a million a million in a one point two five this year, and then the next he's got two remaining arbiers and then becomes an unrestricted free agent in twenty twenty nine. So this wouldn't be a rental. But this is also not a super expensive guy. I mean, I would assume he'd probably be making around like three million next year in ARB with how well he's pitched. He's another lefty, which I don't necessarily love. But if Evan Sisk is gonna miss time. You need another southpaw on the pen, and this is a better pitcher than Evan Sisk, So I don't hate it. I am curious to see what his price tag would be because of.
Speaker 1: Those extra years of control.
Speaker 2: And overall though, I mean, it looks like he's gotten better every year. You look at twenty two, twenty four, three point thirty two ERA over sixteen games. Last year, pitched fifty seven games or a three oh six ERA one point three to six whip. And now in twenty twenty six, Yeah, he's pitched thirty seven times. He's got a two and two record, two five O ERA, a very good looking Baseball Savont chart, and a whip under one. So there's a lot to like here. It seems like he's continuing to get better. He's got a lot of control.
Speaker 1: It's just he's left handed, and you know he's he's just not a righty. I guess, guys, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Right right?
Speaker 3: As you said, lefty is not something that obviously probably looking at because we have some lefties. But you mentioned obviously, if guys are gonna miss time, you want somebody that can step in. Obviously that's been around and I see he's in a bull pen. I remember him early parts of his career being a starter. So when you when you speak of him having good control as probably a guy who you know, coming up, had to have a mix in a field for all of his pitches. And sometimes you know guys like that that have kind of been that fifth starter, because I remember being kind of like the fifth starter, you know, up and down a little bit. Sometimes those guys can make nice, you know, relievers when they get an opportunity to you know, pitching some different leverage situations because it's no longer trying to sustain it for you know, one hundred pitches, especially.
Speaker 4: When you're not an overpowering guy.
Speaker 3: Because he wasn't a guy to my knowledge that was throwing like ninety six ninety seven. It was kind of like low to mid nineties if that. But you know, just kind of found his nch. You know, ground ball is probably part of it is a big part of his game, and I don't dislike it because it's a different lefty from what they have. Obviously, Soto firepower. Sisk has a little bit of you know, funkiness to him. Montgomery some firepower too. You know this is a guy who I mentioned has been a starter before, but is gonna pitch with a mix of all his pitches and has a feel for everything.
Speaker 4: And I can say their stadium is very similar to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: You know, it's kind of picture friendly to where you know it can be a little forgiving, So I don't dislike it. I think it would be a good move because I think it will bolster depend you know, right or left, because starters are facing lefties and rights when they start anyway, so I.
Speaker 4: Think you'd be a guy that'd be able to help in that aspect.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's just is a lefty something that they'd be going for.
Speaker 2: I just want to present this idea because I think it would really get your brain turning, and I'd.
Speaker 1: Love to hear what you have to say about it.
Speaker 2: What if they acquired him with the idea that maybe he would start games? Yeah, yeah, that's like I was getting what you're saying, and it's like, you know, you're not going to ask him to pitch four innings, but it's like, right, maybe you have him or some leverage stuff, but open once a week as well, and then next year because you have two more years of control.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's your lefty starter next right.
Speaker 5: No, I absolutely love.
Speaker 2: That, make him your left handed Karmen Magenski in a way, and maybe he doesn't get to that all the way this year. Like, I don't think the Royals are asking. I mean he's only thrown like, what thirty something innings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty six innings this year.
Speaker 1: He's clearly not like going multiple ups right now.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it would be crazy to ask him to see if he could, like not even two whole innings, but just like, hey, you think you get us the first five batters, right, and if that gets you into the second, that's fine.
Speaker 5: I love that idea.
Speaker 2: I'd like that transaction a little bit more than just trading for a leverage.
Speaker 5: Left em M. No, the flexibility of Lynch would be great. I think that's a great idea, especially the comparison you made to Karmen Magenski, where it's a swing guy that what the team needs depending on who's pitching. Well, how many innings they've thrown this year. I mean he's only thrown thirty six innings, so there's a lot left in his tank. Yeah, but yeah, No, I think that would be great to have that kind of flexibility of a guy who's started in the past, even even though it didn't go well in the past. We've seen, you know, guys go to the bullpen, find their footing and then go back to starting, like I'm thinking, like Clay Holmes, right, So we've seen it work out, and especially with an off season of prepare and stretch him out, it could look really really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you a little secret about relief pictures. All of them would love to go back to being a starting pitcher unless they're a high paid closer, especially guys who are entering their second and third years of arb Oh. Yeah, going to a new team, that's I mean. I remember having a conversation with Caleb Ferguson last year about that last step, because when they acquired him, he was going to be there lefty out of the pen, but they were like, you know, maybe he could start games for us. And I asked him about that and he's like, yeah, dude, everyone's yeah to start games because.
Speaker 1: That's where the money is.
Speaker 2: So and when you're an arbitration having a great you were so good at being a reliever that they considered making you a part your rotation like that's good.
Speaker 1: For his wallet. I think he would be receptive to that idea.
Speaker 2: Don't know if the pirates would be, obviously, because Josh just kind of floated that out there, and I picked up what he was putting down on and then Mark stamped it and sealed it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Maybe we just fixed the pirates. Who knows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, well, we're gonna take another quick break when we come back. Final name here, John Schreiber, Schreiber. Mark will tell you about yea and who he is when we come back here on Bucko territory.
Speaker 5: All right, now, onto John, it is Schreiber. I just looked it up on his baseball reference page, so Shreiber, and this suggestion came from Nicky Bobby, So take it away, Josh. Here, I'll pull up his statcast page.
Speaker 3: All right, Nicky Bobby, John Schreiber. I've been, you know, looking at his Baseball Savant page, and obviously nothing like what we just recently looked at with the two previous guys.
Speaker 4: But the one.
Speaker 3: Thing that I saw for him is that eighty three percent ground ball percentage, and the big.
Speaker 4: Thing with that is right handed reliever.
Speaker 3: Is what I saw right handed relievers what I think the pirates something that needs to boast of the bullpen. And you're looking at the ground ball percentage as somebody's going to keep the ball in the parking on the ground plays very heavily into P and C Park. Obviously, as I mentioned, a lot of the other things might not be eye popping that you may look at as what they deem is sexy. But you know, it's kind of hard to argue that ground ball percentage. And sometimes with that you might have some luck go your way, maybe not go your way with how balls you know, maybe trickle through the infield. But I'm a big fan of keeping the ball in the infield or ball in the park, but more.
Speaker 4: Specifically, you know, letting your infield work.
Speaker 3: And granted we know that if there was one that I would say the strength of I would rather the ball be hit to the infield than our outfield.
Speaker 4: With just a lot of things that have.
Speaker 3: Been going on, and just looking at how this team is construct that he is a free agent next year, I believe, so I was looking at the price tag might not be that much of an expensive rental and somebody that you can come in and Hey, go out there and say, get us some ground balls, you know, get us out this jam. You know, maybe inher some runners might pitch you know, to to Bridge, to you know, Soto, some of those guys in the back end of the bullpen.
Speaker 4: But just the right handed reliever that.
Speaker 3: You know is gonna be a free agent next year, that has been around for I think five years or so. That's been around and as you said, he's on an expiring contract. A lot of the numbers, as I said, don't look sexy, but that groundball percentage to me was something that I said coming out the pen, I want somebody that's gonna, you know, pitch with the strengths and PNC arc plays to groundball strengths.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think.
Speaker 5: Mark, Yeah, the one thing that really stands out to me is he doesn't walk a lot of guys. He's he's the most he's ever pitched her sixty five innings in one year, but he's never walked more than twenty five batters in a season. That's encouraging. And also the price tag, I don't think it's going to cost a whole lot to get this guy from Kansas City. And so I mean taking a flyer on a right handed bullpen piece that at least gives you more depth another option. I'm all for it. But yeah, it's uh, it's definitely not as sexy as the other two names that we brought up.
Speaker 2: I uh, while you were talking, Mark, I looked up Johann Ramirez's savant page and there's actually a lot more red than I expected. Oh take a year, yeah, yeah, but the walk crate is in the sixth percentile. Yeah, because my thought was, it's September, you're in a pennant race.
Speaker 1: You keep a starter in too long? He loads the bases with one out.
Speaker 2: Who are you bringing into the in the game right now to get out of this am and you need a right.
Speaker 1: That's that's who it was, right He's running like.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but like that's that's what this guy is. That's what you that's that's who you go get. That's what his role on the team is. Because right now, like Johann has kind of been the guy who's been thrown into that situation. Like you're not putting Dennis, I mean, it's it's Mattson honestly, But like this guy's ground ball rate I think makes the most sense.
Speaker 1: To be another candidate for that, and.
Speaker 2: I think acquiring him allows you to make sure you're never putting Johann Ramirez in a game in the middle of an inning or with a runner on base, which I just think is a horrible idea.
Speaker 1: When you give yo on his own inning, or just at least a clear.
Speaker 2: Breathing yeah yeah, yeah, like allow him the freedom to walk about her and be okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So this makes your bullpen better.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I like most about it is like it's such a cheap deal, Like there, this will cost you nothing. This is this is the trade that you could you could trade somebody who's in the Dominican League four right now, or like yeah, just a very very very Florida Gulf or yeah Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some eighteen year old who might make the major leagues, might not.
Speaker 2: We'll never know about him, and when he does, we'll forget that he was even in thisization. So that's that's the kind of deal where it's not sexy, but it makes the bullpen a little bit better.
Speaker 1: That's why I like it, love it.
Speaker 2: So you know what I like even more is when people hit that subscribe button and they've been doing it. They've been doing it three thousand subs. We were on a mission to get there. We can't get there without your help, and we want to recommend you also head to the Team store and get your Bucco Territory Merch got a lot of good stuff there. I always love when people are supporting the show, guys. Any final words before we wrap up another episode.
Speaker 5: Right before we started record, we had a passing bomb where Conner Griffin's left ring finger got hurt. So I'm just gonna be focused on hoping he's okay. There's a possibility he could play through it, sounds like he's probably gonna get shut down for a month. The pain never stops, buckle fans, so hang in there. Hopefully these injuries stop happening and things improve quickly when we get horwits and cruise back after the all start break. Any final thoughts, Josh.
Speaker 4: Hang in there. And final thought is a happy early birthday to myself.
Speaker 5: Hey, there we go, Wednesday, July eighth.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to myself? Right, but no, I'm sure I will be. I just want to say thank you to everybody that's going to wish me a happy birthday. You always tend to not respond to them, not on purpose. Hey, you know, family times, sometimes it's hard to respond. And also pre thank you to those that do. Wish me a happy birth birthday.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, happy birthday to Josh. I mean, I'm assuming he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Watching this tomorrow on his birthday. That's what he's gonna spend your birthday doing, is maybe Troy when you're watching this episode, So Josh, Josh, while you're watching this, happy.
Speaker 1: Birthday might take away that end. Yeah, the pirates might be screwed.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk about that on another episode of Buco Territory. He's Platinum Key aka Mark, He's Josh Harrison oh no ohile signing off saying thanks for tuning in to another episode of Bucker Territory presented to you.
Speaker 1: Bye without Territory Network. Take care