Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys podcast Slice reactions. This podcast depends on you baby free.
Speaker 2: That's right, Brooklyn Boys Slice Time for episode three forty one and.
Speaker 1: Beyond, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Previous and previous and before, et cetera, et cetera. By the way, speaking of beyond, because we had this conversation last Slice Time, I went on the I guess it was a Spotify app. Yeah, and they transcribed the podcasts, right, So I looked at the transcript that it's it's me saying all the things I said, and you say we'd seeing it writing. Oh yeah, I don't like seeing that, especially since there's a lot of you know, staccato style start stop ship and a lot of stutters and stammers and all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not all, not everything is one hundred percent acurate to what we said.
Speaker 1: It doesn't translate to Brooklyn accent. When you call my name, it reads scary half the time. So okay, Madonna, All right, well anyway.
Speaker 4: Name.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the quick turnaround slices for those of you who got the message that we needed your slice times. Now all the feedback here. As we're recording this, it's a Sunday night and it's time to go folks, Monday morning, we said, by Sunday, Monday whatever has taken his first vacation of the month. It's the congratulations. I got the one year anniversary, the one year subscription to Jelly of the Month club, and here I.
Speaker 3: Am, oh great, and Scary Jones. Listen, listen, guys. A moment of silence for Scary Jones. He has not had a vacation all of June. So he's exhausted. Exhausted from working four and a half hours a day and you know, only Monday to Friday, having weekends off partying all night. The man is exhausted. He has not been on vacation since What may I mean who works that kind of schedule? Oh my god, the.
Speaker 1: Guy who is permanently on vacation. That guy. It's pickleballs and permanent vacation. That's this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I'm not getting paid for it. You're getting paid to go on vacation all the time, so you win.
Speaker 1: Can we get to the talkbacks?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Stop stop going off on tangents. Don't turn the slices against me unnecessarily too late for that. I'll do that on my own, right, Thanks. I don't need your help.
Speaker 3: So you know what, take a vacation in the middle of the Slicetime episode in case you get worn out, I hit the net first call.
Speaker 1: Here we are folks.
Speaker 2: These are the people that listen to iHeart Radio and click that microphone button. Oh, if you want to get in on the next one, make sure you listen to the iHeart Radio app and then you can participate in Slice Time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brody, I have a Slice Time.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Shady Jew Mobster who told me something about the Slice Time, about the talkback feature.
Speaker 1: I wasn't aware of. What's that?
Speaker 2: Well, he said, I can't believe these people who leave right or they're in a wind tunnel. Is No, I didn't know this because I don't leave talkbacks very often. But there's a play button on the screen and you can hit play after you record it to hear what it sounds like before it sends.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So maybe people should preview their talkbacks before they leave them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so MJ Fremenj can hear herself before she says, I wonder if this is working right?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's get to it.
Speaker 6: All right, Scary and Brody, Brody and Scary Scarodi NINEI from CT. Since Brody brought up an absurd question about prostitutes in the last Slice Time, I have a question to ask him. If a prostitute has sex against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I understand the cleverness of it. Well, your question is, but the first answer is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Thank you, great opening. Thank you for making us think, making.
Speaker 7: Us Jay, Jamie and Queen's here. I want to thank you guys in advance for something you don't know you're about to do for me. I'm going to be traveling from Queens to New Jersey via public transferit very soon, and I'm going to save episodes three forty one and the Slice Time episode for it to listen to on the trips. So thank you in advance for saving my sanity as I deal with public transit getting to New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good luck.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm assuming she's already well, I guess she hasn't done it yet because she hasn't listened to this yet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, good luck.
Speaker 7: Okay, enough of the sappy bullshit. Back to her regular scheduled talk facts, Brodie, I have a post office story for you. I was waiting in line at post office last week, and I overhear this conversation of the woman with the postal worker at the window. Apparently this woman thought she could mail an envelope without putting down an address of where it's going. And the postal worker says, uh, there's no mailing address on And I'm thinking, Okay, how did she expect it to get where it's going with add an address on it? But sure, so she steps to the side, she writes in the address. She goes back to the window, and then the postal worker says, is there a return address on it?
Speaker 8: And the woman goes, I think, so, do you mean you think so?
Speaker 7: Shouldn't you know these things? I don't know about you guys, But I double and triple and quadruple checked that all the addresses are correct before I even get to the post office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Hi MJ from NJ. I don't know why I'm whispering the name about the names though, this is old and tired and beat up. But not the old names, but the names that people give their kids. But a long time ago, a girl I worked with. Her name is Lisa. Her mother she was a twin paternal so her sister's name is Mona, get it Mona and Lisa Mona Lisa, Love you guys, all right from NJ again whispering, don't ask me why.
Speaker 1: Anyway about the names.
Speaker 8: Another another one that was unusual. My son went to a school to high school with a kid named wing w I n uh shalloon? I think with his middle name and something leaves with something with a legal bot bits or something. Yeah, Wing, interesting name. Okay, love you j.
Speaker 1: You know my my brother's kids names, right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I do not. Jack and Ruby?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Is that on purpose? I guess ida. I never asked him, but Jack Ruby, Jack Ruby, shot Lee Harvey Oswald. Yes, that's I understand that. Yes, Jack Ruby, how do you know? I mean, how do you he might? That has to be just coincidence, right, I think, so I'm gonna ask him. I'll be on vacation with him very soon. Oh did I tell you about I'm going on vacation. Yeah, you gotta you got a villa I'm gonna be. We're going to Jamaica with family.
Speaker 9: Hey, brokeram boys, this is Maria from Union City. I'm listening to this lifetime right now. And someone brought up that no one answered Asian Mike about being Asian, and she's right. I am actually part Asian, about like twenty five percent. My grandmother from my dad's side, she's Chinese. Her parents moved to Ecuador, they immigrated over there, and my grandmother was born in Ecuador.
Speaker 1: But she is full.
Speaker 9: Hey it's me again, Maria. Yeah, so my dad is half Chinese, and then there's me. I'm a quarter So I'm a quarter Chinese. There you go, Asian mic see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, cool, appreciate she's a quarter Chinese. But had she ordered the law, she'd be a pint.
Speaker 1: No, the pint would be the hat of the quarter. Hind is small. Yeah, hey, I have a question. Yes, what's that there, David Brody.
Speaker 2: Now, Scary Maria's grandmother, uh is Chinese but born in what did she say, Ecuador?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which means you probably speaks Spanish.
Speaker 3: Now, when Scary sees an Asian person in public and they speak English, he calls that the Chinese psych out because it throws him when they don't have an accent. So I'm wondering, would your mind explode if you met an Asian person who spoke Spanish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be like, oh, my god, that's wild because I wouldn't expect that I have a visual, but the audio doesn't match the video.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? All right?
Speaker 10: Never ah, Yeah, Okay, Hey guys, it's Rachel from New York, and I preemptively apologize. I am delayed in catching up on the podcast. No worries, but I am really sorry Bradie. You were owed an apology. I meant to include that I acknowledge that you corrected yourself thirty seconds later about the fiddler on the roof. If I were thing and you I was wrong, that you were wrong because I was impatient and you were right.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't always say to himself.
Speaker 2: Though he doesn't always that it doesn't always happen a lot of times, you guys are correct and leaving the talk back.
Speaker 11: Hey, here's joking, California, she's scary. On your broken bed frame, was it the box spring that broke or do you have slat slats without a box spring? Great question, because it was without without a box spring. Replace each individual slat that broke. If it's a box spring, you could just throw a sheet of plywood over the box spring and that should give you the support that you need.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: You know, my mattress is so fucking heavy because the temper pedic that I haven't even lifted up yet. I don't know where the crack is, but I'm pretty sure it was the frame itself. I do not have a box spring. I definitely have slats, but the actual when I say box spring, maybe I met the slats. But the actual frame itself, I think is where the problems.
Speaker 1: I have to do a little bit more digging. Scary.
Speaker 11: Somebody had asked you about you ordered something with the crispy bottom, and you said it was tongue in cheek, So for the crispy bottom, shouldn't be tongue in cheeks.
Speaker 1: Tongue in cheeks? All right? Very nice, very nice, nice, you added to my own joke, Benny.
Speaker 12: From Brooklyn, Victoria. Although I can appreciate and respect your opinion that Ellenb squares are the best, my opinion is.
Speaker 4: They they are just mediocre. And my biggest issue was the fact that most squares are cooked with like pre cooked dough or paul cooked, I should say, and then they top it and put it back in. Ellen B doesn't do that. They put it on completely raw, so you're eating raw dough. And to me that raw do this isn't the best.
Speaker 1: That's all. I'll eat it if i'm there.
Speaker 4: I used to go there. I used to ride a motorcycle and we all used to you know, meet up over there. So I used to go over there and I used to eat pizza like crazy. I don't mislike it. I just don't think it's the best pizza around its square Wise, the Vinchies will blow it at it the water. And the last time I flew with a little kid boy was fifteen years ago, so I thought it was free.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, we all have different opinions on pizza, don't we. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, not park cooking it doesn't mean they don't cook it. It's not raw. They just cook it slower so that they don't have to par cook it. But I listen lmb's for those of you who've had it or in the area, it's not traditional Sicilian pizza. I can't compare it to Sicilian pizza. You can't compare it to Da Vinci's or anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Is very different.
Speaker 3: It's an upside down what do they call it? A Taperly style. There is a style, I forget what city, in Palermo style.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's Palermo style. It's the sauce on top of the cheese. So if you compare it to other Palermo style pizzas, it's better. It's a unique experience, that's all.
Speaker 4: All right, Hey from Brooklyn. I just heard the guy talking about the pizzerias and Krispies. They are absolutely Sicilian. They are not Albanians. There are a bunch of Albanians working at the one at least in Freehold, probably the other ones in Jersey too, But Freddie and his brothers are all Sicilian. I know them thirty five years. It's Vinnie, Freddy and two other brothers. One of them passed away, but they were all Sicilians.
Speaker 2: Alright, slices you got that in Oklahoma, Nah, not Albanian. Right, very very We're all good, now, good, We're good.
Speaker 1: We're good. The Brooklyn Boys podcast. We will be right back, all right. We're getting more local on the old Slice time.
Speaker 3: I just want to want to go back to Slice time that called for a second by Vinnie. Albanians can make pizza, of course they can.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: I mean, I there with some great pizzerias in Brooklyn that I grew up with owned by Albanians and they need some kick ass pizza.
Speaker 1: And it's isn't it right next door to Italy anyway? Is it all the same region?
Speaker 13: Hey, Brody and scary? This is adding stremes, Jerry, I thought you hung out with the classy and dirt big low life peep.
Speaker 14: What the fuck is his problem?
Speaker 10: If he's anywhere everything your age group, he needs to grow.
Speaker 15: The fuck up. It's disgusting that he calls them entails or pieces of.
Speaker 13: Ass and expect anything different from what happens.
Speaker 8: He thinks that women are jim drums that he can use a dead disposal.
Speaker 9: Disgusting it is.
Speaker 2: It is kind of disgusting. I kind of winced when he talks. But I mean, I don't know what to say. This is somebody who's been in my life for a while.
Speaker 1: Brody. Brody knows who he is as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't prize me, it doesn't surprise me. He's very cocky.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a he's a good looking guy, and he's very confident and cocky in his abilities to go from one woman to another.
Speaker 1: What mad he is saying is that doesn't make it right. I didn't say it made it right.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you asked me if I yes, I've I've met Pete a few times and it doesn't surprise me that he would.
Speaker 1: You know, he does have other redeeming qualities.
Speaker 3: I will say that when he refers to women as tail, yeah, I think it's tongue in cheek. I think, yeah, you know, he's I'm gonna get along. I don't think he's like, yeah, look at that. I think he's just saying it like the guy talk.
Speaker 1: But it's, yeah, a locker room talk. And then he version of it, but his you know, it's it's it's like come to be expected from Pete. He's not as polished as Scary Jones not.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we we kind of forgive, we overlook sometimes some people's shortcomings.
Speaker 1: We all we all have people in our lives that you're just like a little cringe.
Speaker 3: And by the way, because I think we went to commercial, I don't remember what order it happened. Well, you're talking about about Albania. Albania is right across the water from Italy, like it's north of Greece. That's what I said, the next door to each other. Well, they're across the water. But but the point is Albanians are not. I mean, they're like neighbors, right. They make pizza there too, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now if you said there were Greeks making the pizza, right, I'd still be okay with it.
Speaker 1: I'd be all right with that too. But guess what, I'm good with all of their olive oil that whole region.
Speaker 3: Now, Now, if you're from Papua New Guinea making pizza, I have to like think twice about it.
Speaker 1: I'd have to die.
Speaker 16: I get it a boy Asian mic Did I hear Risker call me Asian boy?
Speaker 1: Mike risk the girl? I can't assure you that I'm not a boy.
Speaker 8: I'm all man, and I order stereotypes to bed.
Speaker 16: So you did a Chinese malation?
Speaker 6: Lie?
Speaker 1: Did he talk like this?
Speaker 17: Lie?
Speaker 16: All this time, I thought you were a traditional Jewish girl.
Speaker 1: How does dating outside the tribework?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: That's crazy?
Speaker 16: It's me Asian microgaan so brody pickable to me, seems like a mix of tennis and ping pong. If I played tennis, I like to go for power. If I'm playing ping pong. I go for spin and power, so I played pickable. I think I go for a mix of spin and power, just like I do with what I do. Yep, I can't message you because like I don't got any of my social media accounts anymore, but I still do have my YouTube channel, and I may and may not have left the comment on one of your Marvel Movie Talk videos and that means he.
Speaker 2: Did Brody just for the record, all right, Well, since I do so many of them, I'm not going to go and look at every single one for your comments. If you were more specific, I would check it out, by the way, I think Next Monday the thirtieth, Yeah, Monday the thirtieth, June thirtieth, twenty twenty five, I'm doing an iron Heart podcast to talk about the new Marvel Disney Plus show iron Heart.
Speaker 1: Nice sou Outt's watch for David Brody.
Speaker 18: Hi a big fan from Queen's here commenting on the friend who ghosted Brody when he was asking for a favor. Brody, as you were telling Skiery early on, when you were telling him the story, take a hint.
Speaker 6: You don't need to ask, you don't need to rack. You got your answer right there.
Speaker 1: You have an update for us, Dad, David Brody. Oh you mean the person who never got back to me on Instagram. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, About twelve hours after we recorded, he wrote me and said, oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't hit send on what I wrote. I apologize. I will work on that favor for you Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Again. I'm an idiot, so right, So now the.
Speaker 2: Question is when we record our next Brooklyn Boys podcast, like to revisit this again and see if he actually came through with the actual favor.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd have any way of knowing, but at least he didn't leave me hanging. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: We'll see me from Brooklyn in Brody that thing about your friend with the text with.
Speaker 15: The favor or.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying this is the case, but it has happened to me where I'll text something, or i'll type out a text and I think I sent it. I'm semi retarded too, so I'll think I sent it, and then I'll realize a day or two later when I go in and like, I never got a message back and I didn't even hits end, or it didn't go through. But if that is you think he legitimately ghosted you, I would absolutely be like, all right, great chat dab pam like thanks to the update or thanks for the help, sarcastic bat it and that's it, you know. I mean my opinion is I probably wouldn't talk to him anymore regardless if if that's what he did to me, you know, so what to make a difference if I sound like a dick, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, great point.
Speaker 3: If you're writing somebody off, you might as well go out with a bang. But in this case, as I just explained, he did the same thing that you are guilty of. Any He didn't hit send.
Speaker 19: Brody and scary, never scary and brody. It's well from CT first off, scary. I'm proud of you, my boy. You went to the gym with no motivation from anyone else, no, you know, guilty conscience from anyone else. You went completely on your own, and I'm proud of you for that, my boy.
Speaker 1: I really mean that.
Speaker 19: Also, as far as the barbecue is concerned, like yeah, up northf yould call it a barbecue. We're not grilling. I would suggest that you just I would suggest that you just stick to meat, you know, go like a like a mini Keto thing, go like all meat, you know. And if you're gonna have hot dogs or burgers, no buns, if you're gonna have some kind of potato salad or something, just have a very tiny bit, maybe like the size year palm, and just stick stick to that, and I think you'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: You're right, Brody.
Speaker 19: As far as the message from that guy is concerned, three things could have happened Brody. Either number one, before he was he sent the message, he probably thought, well, let me make sure I can actually do the favor before I respond, Or he thought, well, he only reaches out to me directly when he needs a favor. Wherever heard from it like five six years Oh fuck him, Or that's when he got distracted and just forgot about you completely.
Speaker 1: But either way, just let it go. If you don't message Vinnie here again, Max Up. That was the end of his text. I know I got the point. Yeah, I know you're right.
Speaker 4: Yep, Vinnie here again. I'm actually calling about the the Sabrina Calplenter thing. Now, normally I couldn't care less about what she does on her albums or any of these, but I do agree with Brody. And the problem is is that she was a Disney star, and like Christina Aguilera and Brittany with Disney stars, but it was our age. We're all in our forties now, so it was our audience.
Speaker 1: But for Sabrina Carpenter, this still kids like my kids.
Speaker 4: Until I realized what she was saying and the shit that she was doing. I have a three daughters, nine, twelve, and fifteen. My fifteen year old, fine, I know what I was doing at fifteen years old. I'm not saying she's doing it, but they're exposed to things. But I don't want my nine year old seeing that and thinking that's fucking normal. That's horrible, hugged audience. I don't know anybody our age, well, even in their twenties and thirties, that are clamoring to go to a Sabrina carp Into concert. It's usually they're taking their younger siblings or they're taking their kids and shit like that. So I think, yeah, very inappropriate. I think it's kind of dirt bagish to do it at this stage. Sorry, it's my opinion. Yes I am conservative, but it's you know it is and what's worse is a lot of the kids don't even know what they're replicating, but they're saying and doing shit that's really inappropriate. And as a father, like I said, I don't want my kids replicating that shit when they're out in public. There's the ones that know exactly what they're doing, and then there's the ones that innocently do it because oh, Sabrina couplent, and parents don't really care about what their kids are watching or they don't think to look.
Speaker 1: But and now, if her.
Speaker 4: Audience was you know, sixteen, seventeen and above, and there was no real kids, But I don't care about the objectification.
Speaker 1: People are going to do what they do, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so many other worst things out there than sexual things. But I also don't feel that my nine year old needs to be singing about fucking being on all fours, you know what I mean? I mean, you know, a position or whatever it is. Kids go around school some some and either me or him don't know what that means. Maybe I don't know what it means, but I don't think he does. But he's got older brothers, so that's probably where he came up with the term thinking he was saying something good to my daughter because he has.
Speaker 1: A crush on her. So anyhow, all right, thank you, vinny words from a father.
Speaker 20: Guy.
Speaker 5: What's going on? And from now on it's only gonna be scooted to duty and the other guy because he shouldn't charge you anything for that tape.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. He should be ashamed of himself.
Speaker 5: Bah, I'll tell you what, you know what, No more steak dinner for you, mister, the other guy nor so much.
Speaker 1: Shove it in your keyster that tape and then pull.
Speaker 5: It under knows they don't tape the ship already hour audio with five scoody you know what's gooody to Duty. No, don't sweat it, man, I'm gonna make you a mixed tip for my own. Okay, it's gonna end Willie Nelson, some U Cash Guineas, some Christopher Stofferson, maybe a little Dolly Parton and Barbara Mandrel and some Leonard Skinner in there too, and then we'll top it off with a little lead t phone home.
Speaker 1: Yes, Siri, Barbarino.
Speaker 21: So don't worry, don't even worry.
Speaker 1: About that damn mixtape. The other guy wants to hold in hostage for you, screw m Thank you, Trucker.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, and I will listen to your mix on vacation over and over again. Hold on a second. First of all, very funny list of artists. I'm not sure how et.
Speaker 1: Got involved.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but scary.
Speaker 3: Would you please update the slices on the status of the mixed audio?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the mixtape.
Speaker 2: Brody had the second thought and emailed me a link to the mixtape. So I now am in possession of Brody's mix whatever tape the tape. Now, did you listen to any of it? You've had a four or five days now, I've not, but I will. All right, Well you go on vacation, you could download it. I'll listen to it on the plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thank you so much, Brodie. Appreciate you getting my back, Trucker.
Speaker 1: Alright, This is Chris from South Philly. My first talkback.
Speaker 15: Just wanted to say the only reason people care that Suprena Carpenter's doing that and they don't care when nick U Minaj and Cardi B do it is because white people can't get away up the same things black people get away with the only reason Cardi B.
Speaker 1: She is, well, she's uh, Google that I need a fact check on that.
Speaker 17: Yere hey, guys from Connecticut's let's not just let that go.
Speaker 1: You want to analyze that it has nothing.
Speaker 3: Has nothing to do with the fact that that Sabrina Carpenter is white, has to do with the fact that people think she's fifteen. That like, she's still a Disney artist and demindes of some people, and she appeals to a young girl audience, whereas Cardi B and nick Ki Minaje do not. They appealed to an older audience and would never teeny boppers.
Speaker 1: No never.
Speaker 2: The other part of the problem is is uh, a lot of feminists were coming out online saying it had nothing to do with they know how old they know, damn well how old she is. They said that a woman should not be doing that and putting themselves in that situation and basically trashing what Sabrina Carpenter you know, calls art you know her artists the right to artistic ex artistic expression. So that was there was a few layers of this. It wasn't just people thinking she was fifteen. It was that's fine. I don't think it's it's a it's a it's a racial thing at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think it's that.
Speaker 3: But I just think she's a young girl. And uh, you know, I think if Madonna did the same album with cover, I don't think she'd get the heat for it right now. I mean, she's fifty something years.
Speaker 2: Old, but she's sixty five. Oh whatever, I don't want to she's okay, she's she's older. I don't think she's anyway. Hell does MacDonald's stay Donald's like sixty six, right, sixty six?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Hey, guys, lord from Connecticut. Brody could be different scenarios. You could be like, I haven't spoken to this guy in a few years. He wants me to help him out. I don't really want to help him out. Or he could be like we're not really close anymore, so I'm not going to help him out, or whatever the situation may be. On Facebook, you may fight at a disagreement and it'll be like I don't want to help him out. But at least he could say, hey, I don't feel comfortable or I don't want to instead of just ghosting you.
Speaker 3: But now you know how he feels, all right, Yeah, I should have saved the update till the end of this.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize so many people were going to leave talkbacks.
Speaker 2: They were all, you guys are all right up until the point that he actually like, you're all right on what your assumptions were and what your guesses were.
Speaker 22: Hey, Perfect Voice is Fusion City. So in regards to your friend that we're calling Pete or Pete whatever, we are calling him zero sympathy zero because he ghosted her. He left it open, and personally, I think she just went and was like, oh, he's here, let me go with this and see how far I can get. Hey, prepend boys, this is Maria's and Union City again. I'm sorry I sound different than usual. I'm walking around like Kwan Valdez. Anyway, So, Brina carp who cares about the album cover? Obviously she got what she wanted. She got talking about her and press is good for us, right, Who cares if it's not affecting your daily life?
Speaker 13: Why do people care? Hey, it's Marie again.
Speaker 22: Just one last thing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 22: In regards to Sabrina Carpenter, again, I'm not even a fan.
Speaker 1: I don't care for her music.
Speaker 22: I could not pick it out while it's playing on the radio. But just you know, the whole premise that she's a grown woman. And yeah, she looked like she's sixteen seventeen. But wasn't Britney doing all this shit while she was sixteen or seventeen? She wrote a book about it, Leave a woman alone, whatever, Bye, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Leave her alone, Leave Britney alone.
Speaker 3: Brittany was seventeen when she did Hit Me Baby one More Time, But she wasn't doing the really sexy little stuff until her early twenties.
Speaker 1: Are you sure about that? You know, let's check that timeline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think she was on all fours looking like she was about to perform oral sex. I don't ever remember Britney doing that. Actually, she wore tight outfits and she danced seductively, but I don't think she I mean, at least when she was popular. Now she dances with knives and does crazy shit.
Speaker 22: Hey, personally, boys, Maria from Union City again, I just finished listening to that episode Brody Waiter weird always sitting across from each other in a boot. Also, if y'all go to our own homestead and sit on the same side and everything and you're saying to write it off for expenses. You're still not getting a steak dinner because he's writing it all. And uh, that's it, love y'all.
Speaker 3: No, no, if you, if you write off your taxes, write off of dinner on your taxes. If Scary pays for that dinner, I mean, let's say it costs him three hundred dollars, so he's not going to pay tax on the three hundred dollars. So maybe he's gonna he's gonna save one hundred dollars in his taxes or seventy five dollars or whatever. I'm okay with that. I'll meet Scary. I'll meet Scary a little bit of the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: If I can get a dinner out of him where he writes it off on his taxes, it's still better than no dinner at all, So I'll take it.
Speaker 1: It's the Boy Podcast, all right, Thank you, appreciate you. Thank you, commercials. Thank you commercials.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, thank you commercials. Yeah, thank you commercials. You know we get paid well yeah, I mean no, I mean it's nice. It's nice, that's all. So yeah, thank you commercials. Yes, thank you for having faith in us to advertise on our show. We do appreciate your patronage.
Speaker 13: Hey, Brooklyn boys, you don't have to post this, but I just wanted to say that I love you guys so much to make me laugh every single time, and.
Speaker 1: Just keep it up. You guys are doing a great job. I love you from Brooklyn to Sunset Park. Okay, I love you by Sunset the home of formerly the home of my favorite white Castle. Yeah no, I'm fourth Avenue. Very said.
Speaker 17: Hey, guys, Laura from Connectic, get Brody, I'm with you on the cover for Sabrina. But scary, get a grip. Okay, first off, like you're telling people all they have to like it or don't look at it. This is the world of complaining.
Speaker 6: This is what the world does.
Speaker 17: But like you said, because we're complaining about it, we're talking about it, so more people are going to.
Speaker 16: Look at it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 14: But I see her as a Disney girl still.
Speaker 6: Yes, she sings well, but at the same time we.
Speaker 1: All have her Nope, get over it. She hasn't been in Disney staring in like ten years, and we.
Speaker 6: Know damn well.
Speaker 17: In this world and society that we live in, there's gonna be a million Karens that hate the fact that she's doing that and subjecting women.
Speaker 23: No, no one's subjecting anyone.
Speaker 1: That's her decisions, her decisions.
Speaker 24: We all don't know what everyone does behind closed doors. As you say, you're just bringing it out and who knows the reason is. I don't know the reason behind the cover. But more power to her.
Speaker 14: But like I said, just more people see her as a young girl.
Speaker 2: That's great, But you have to you living in the past. If you see her that way, I'm sorry. You know it is this is life has moved on. That's the point I disagree with you, Laura. When was the last time she was anything Disney Girl meets the world? It's irrelevant because scary you you learned.
Speaker 1: We both learned.
Speaker 3: We took our boss taught us about marketing, right, and what did he teach us first? In the mind wins the first thing you associate as something like coke. Coke was the first cola that made it big. In people's minds, Coke will always be number one and PEPSI will always be number two, Sabrina, It's just the way, okay, in people's minds, Sabrina, in their minds, The first thing they think of is she was on Nickelodeon or Disney whatever, whatever she was on. They think of her as a young girl. The fact that she plays it up as this little girl, the sexy girl thing, is why people still think of her as younger than she is.
Speaker 1: I know, but that is it. But yeah, but you have to deal with the facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, she left Disney and with When Girl Meets World end in twenty seventeen, you could even argue for twenty fourteen. So you're talking about eleven years or twenty seventeen, eight years ago, So that's it.
Speaker 1: She's not.
Speaker 2: I'm just not going to convince me. I'm telling you I'm talented psychologically. Eight years isn't a long time ago. You and I were talking off air before we started recording, and I said, oh, how long ago was Lonna del Rey on Saturday and R Live where she shipped the bed and they made fun of her the next week? And we were like, I don't know how many years ago? Five, six years ago? It was thirteen years ago? Now I knew Ashley Simpson with Pieces of Me Fucked Up SNL that you were like, when was that? And I said that it was two thousand and four. That was twenty two years ago, right, But anything she did after that, people are still going to associate her with that. That's the way the world. But then that's un damn. That's their problem. It's not society's problem.
Speaker 3: Ask anyone about Ashley Simpson, anyone who knows her, what the first thing they think of is. They're not gonna say, oh shit, SNL blonder of course, right. So the first thing people think of with Sabrina Coupenter, it's some people is that she's young. Okay, when she's four, they won't.
Speaker 1: Think she's young.
Speaker 2: You know, you just called Madonna a fifty year old. I had to correct you and tell you she was sixty six. Time moves on, time moves on on.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. It's fine, it's okay, but but you have to be cognizant of that. That's all I'm saying. I mean, you're always Brodie, the first one to correct people on shit like scary.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing that pops into your head when I say Cindy Lauper.
Speaker 1: Cindy Lauper.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's in my head. It goes to girls just want to have fun. Nineteen eighty three, okay, four years ago. Correct, a woman has said other hits, she's produced Broadway plays, he's been in movies. Understood it in your mind, right, and she's at so get over it. No, But before before I go online and complain about something, if I said, oh, she's just young, she has to do it.
Speaker 1: You just you're not You're not making any sense because what I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you is no, no, no, I would have to first go back into my head and be like, Okay, it has been forty two years before I leave this dumb fucking comment on this thread. I'm gonna I'm gonna remind myself of that. I'm going to correct myself and let me give you no one. Yeah, Ray, would you say Jennifer Aniston is a very good looking woman for fifty five years old.
Speaker 1: Well, however, I would say, I would say so, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, However, because she's Rachel from Friends, people compare her to what she looked like in nineteen ninety five and they say, my god, she's aged. But that's because even though she's done fifty Motion Pictures award winning TV shows on Apple TV, of course she's Rachel from Friends, right, Yes, So they think of her as that young girl on Friends, right, even though she's a very attractive woman in her fifties. And that was my point that show, and in two thousand and five once again twenty years ago. Yes, but my point is the way the human brain works, whether you like it or not, is that people at image of somebody sticks in their head. She will always be Rachel from even if she's the woman from that morning show. But we are smart creatures and we adapt, so we our brains need to then kick into gear and correct itself and say, you know what, but it has been twenty years, so I'm not going to make a foolish comment like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's bullshit, because because if you see any celebrity that you had a crush on back in the day now you'd be like, oh, she was hot back in the day. I'm allowed to say that, but I'm not allowed to criticize what she's doing today.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not talking about that. But that's what the Sabrina Carpenter thing is.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're just saying, you're making the analogy that she's no a Disney character to a lot of people, and you're that's why that they're feeling upset and offended that she's on all fours on an album cover. And I'm trying to tell you, while that's great and all, you're supposed to think about it and say, you know what, fuck man, she hasn't been with Disney in like ten years.
Speaker 1: She is, yes, and she has come into our own right.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to leave this fucking dumb ass comment on this read and criticize her art. That's what I should say to myself. But you're making excuses for those people and saying, yeah, it's because she they think that way.
Speaker 3: I'm not making excuses, scary, I'm making explanations. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that people's minds get stuck on a period of time or period in time.
Speaker 1: I want you say the same page, same page, but it doesn't make it.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying that doesn't make it right when you see Britney Spears doing crazy shit online.
Speaker 1: When people look at Britney Spears, they go, God, she was such a sweet kid. When she was going to hit me baby one more time, of course, and she was on the Disney Show. You don't go, ton go what happened to her?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: But if she if she was a maniac at seventeen and she was a thug singer at seventeen, and she's a crazy woman now people are like, oh, she's always been crazy, She's still crazy. It's the fact that Britney Spears was this sweet girl in the hit Me Baby and in the Mickey Mouse clarineteen ninety. Now, yeah, Linda Lindsay blowing. Look at Lindsay Low and they go, what a train wreck she turned out to be. Remember when she was in Parent Trap What a cute kid she was. That's life. They look at her as a train wreck because they remember her when she was a little girl in Parent Trapp agreed.
Speaker 1: I'm not, I'm not. I'm not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 3: That's it, Freaky Friday. They remember Lindsay Low and as Freaky Friday.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 2: If a celebrity is a train wreck and you never knew them as a not train wreck, you go, yep, that's what they are.
Speaker 1: But you try to remember who they were when you knew who they.
Speaker 2: Were, right, But you can't criticize who they are now because because time has moved on and you're you're supposed to acknowledge that.
Speaker 1: Is a train wreck. Lindsay Lowan is a train wreck?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 1: Is she still wreck? We don't know that. Maybe she.
Speaker 6: Is.
Speaker 3: Okay, she was, she went through a period of train wreck. But if she was a train wreck from the day we met her, right like Axel Rose. Axel Rose was the lead singer Guns and Roses, and he was always a drug addict. Yes, when he when he becomes more of a.
Speaker 2: Drug addict, you don't go what happened to Axel Rose? But when he gets fat, you go, what happened to Axel Rose?
Speaker 1: Used to be thin?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because he was thin? He was, But if he was always fat, you wouldn't care he was fat. It's the fact that he wasn't fat at one point. Now he's fat. People remember when he was thin? Understood once again? The hell happened? Dead horse beaten? What do you want to say? There's nothing I just want on this point. No, Okay, Slices, you know what I'm talking about. Hit the next call.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just letting you know that he Rose is fat. Okay, he's fat. Let's go back. Let's go back to the Sabrina album coverment. It doesn't matter. Fuck it all right, arrest my case.
Speaker 14: Hey b boys, christie'srom Saddlebrook. Regarding episode three forty one homework assignment, Brody, I would message the guy, Hey, so and so, how are you doing? Did you have a chance to complete the favor?
Speaker 16: Listen?
Speaker 14: I appreciate anything and everything you can do for me. Really, you're terrific. Thank you so so much, and end it there. I got not wait to hear how it went if he stepped back to you. Good luck to you, Brody.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That is actually almost word for what I would have written had he not gotten back to me.
Speaker 14: Christie again, do not charge Scary for that tape.
Speaker 13: Come on, Brody, you can give it to him.
Speaker 14: I think you should give it to all the slices.
Speaker 10: Also, I think I have most.
Speaker 14: Of that music on cassettes as well, but I'd have to dig them out. It would be so much easier if you just gave me a digital copy. Awesome music, awesome find Yeah, guys, thank you, thank.
Speaker 13: You from all over and there. I actually like when Scary recycles the kind of from the Big Show because I feel like now I can have a say and put my theory in it. You know not only doesn't do it for Brody, but he does it for the people. Sorry, Maddie, I think I love your content and all that stuff, but I like when you recycle it it's fine.
Speaker 16: Thank you, and it's usually good stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate you. Thank you.
Speaker 13: Also, I just want to say, Brody, I know you always got these jokes about conjoined twins, but the actual couldn't join twins have a TikTok and they do hilarious skits.
Speaker 6: You guys need to watch.
Speaker 1: Them all right.
Speaker 2: See they're leaning into their fame, okay, but if one of them leans in, they both have to lean in, right, Very true, he brought and.
Speaker 23: Mark listening to episode three thirty nine, just a quick question on this chicken popsh scenario. Was this person European or you know, was it going to maybe a second language? And no, you know, they can't pronounce the X.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 23: I've never heard that before, but that's the only thing I could think of it. If it was just a straight up Americans say chicken pops, then that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy.
Speaker 3: It was it's a it's a it's a person, to the best of my knowledge, is American, but I will tell you that growing up in Brooklyn, I did hear other people say it. It's not the first time I've heard, but it's the first time I've heard a medical professional say chicken pops.
Speaker 1: Chicken pops. Yeah, my favorite cereal makes me itch.
Speaker 25: Brooklyn Boys, Danny Virginia City here brody about your issue with the guy that left you on red. Those dots I've seen are maybe eighty percent accurate. Like I've been next to my girlfriend when we're sending each other stuff or something where I'll just open it up, maybe I'll scroll and then put my phone down, and then the dots will still show.
Speaker 1: Up on her end for a long time, all right.
Speaker 25: Or I've also been in like arguments where the same thing happens, where someone will be like, you left me a red I saw you, I saw the dots. I saw the dots. They were there for a while, and I never typed anything. I never did a single letter.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 25: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 25: So he could have just been driving, he could have been doing something, opened it up, looked at it, maybe scrolled, tapped something.
Speaker 1: The dots were there.
Speaker 25: He got distracted four hours later completely forgot about it.
Speaker 1: We now know the answer. All right, thank you so much. We'll be right back with Gary and Brody.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got the final leg of these of these talkbacks, and uh, let's see what's going on here. This one is commenting on episode three forty one, Dad Booth behavior.
Speaker 1: Hey, Scooty, what's going on?
Speaker 5: It's uh, you know, it's always going to be Scooty with the other guy anyway, going back to the mixtape, the mixtape, you know, I don't see.
Speaker 21: Why somebody would hold that back from a from a buddy. You know that's teddy man wanted to ask money for it? What did he what did you want to share it with your buddy?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 21: And and then remedies about old times and then remember you know about the songs.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that. You know that makes you feel good, wouldn't it. You know, Scoody, what he's trying to do.
Speaker 5: He's trying to dominate your relationship. He's trying to get you to get down on all fours like a dog. But don't go for it, Scootie, tell him that she'll go tape up its key, Stu. I'm gonna make you one myself. You know, I think most start off with a little bit of midnight starring on no parking, Baby, no parking.
Speaker 11: On the dance floor, and then we'll go to some owner of a lonely Heart, Owner of a lonely Heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I don't think it's some more.
Speaker 2: Al right, how many lines did he do before he left that one? My god, Brodie, want to turn your mic on? Maybe you want to turn your mic on, Bertie?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was Owner of a Lonely Heart by yes, with not being a mixed dance tape, but I like the the songs you mentioned. But as you know, I gave him the link, so it's all good.
Speaker 1: Second ahead, Yes, Bertie.
Speaker 3: I just looked up chicken pops and it is a colloquialism for often used by children and in a nineteen ninety seven episode of rug Rats when one of the kids gets chicken pox and all the other babies call it chicken pops.
Speaker 5: A Now, hold on just one second. They're on that stick dinner with you guys sitting on the same side at the table. You know, other guy you might want to chick if he's gonna wear his person that day, because if he's gonna wear his person that day. It's gonna look a little funny there if you know what I'm talking about. But if you don't care, well, it's up to you. But anyways, you know, if there's a basketball game or something going on and you can see the TV, I think it'll be all right. But definitely make sure and find out if he's gonna wear the person or not.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thank you, No purse, purse the beach only, okay, beach, Holy Liam? With that lady psycho bitch, basically I have one. She's talked me for eight years.
Speaker 26: You need to put her in a place, right out out loud in front of everybody, like, hey, how many times I got fuck?
Speaker 1: Tell you go fund yourself? Something like that? The fuck on my face? Something like that? God, Liam, bronkle boys, Liam, I got something very important to say.
Speaker 5: Ver uh.
Speaker 27: And I hope you guys understand.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. You guys, You guys really take care. You know what I'm saying. We really appreciate what I Thank you, Liam.
Speaker 27: Damn again, Scared Brody, just let me know how your vacation was lessen now in detail?
Speaker 1: Please? Ye, lets you know, don't you worry. I'll have a lot to say when I come back from this this two week break.
Speaker 28: Lamb he you guys and your music making me feel old as fuck. I'm thirty six guys making feel old as fuck fuckers learning from high so Upper Arlington is own click.
Speaker 27: They have a huge baseball field, like times to five baseball fields.
Speaker 1: Huge, and it's a church near it.
Speaker 26: And I was looking at this pick a ball game going down and this lady she was crippled in a chair and she was still she was literally kicking ass. She was crushing right liter Agan, So that lady was playing pick a ball in her wheelchair.
Speaker 27: It was amazing. Don't ever anyone tell you you can't do nothing. You're like, that's she She was this testament of time. She could do everything and all that. She was amazing and and.
Speaker 1: I was rooting for her.
Speaker 27: I was like, yeah, keep going, yeah, don't don't let anything happen, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got you. Don't like this scards you yep, three or four? Maybe something. I liked that Liam poke fun at the call quality of his talk about it lately and you got to keep it to like more more Liam on the way here, hold on.
Speaker 27: Lim again I watched a baseball game today on Saturday, June twenty first, eleven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Watch the whole thing. You know, I'm telling you.
Speaker 27: Right, it was the best thanks thing ever because you're reminded my childhood and I I actually love to getting talked Liam.
Speaker 1: Again, that's one.
Speaker 27: Secure of love the fifteen minute shows. You guys are bringing in people, and you guys have a new experience and conversation wise and just straight up just much better than a fifteen minute more show. I'll just say that, but I love how. I don't know how you guys do it. You just bring people in and then you understand them. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I love it, while we appreciate the fact that you're enjoying all the content. Thank you, Liam. Well listen.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear really good fifteen minute morning shows, just go back prior to August of twenty twenty two when I was in almost all of them, and you will hear some quality fifteen minute morning shows with your own David Brody as a main contributor.
Speaker 1: They're still posted somewhere, I'm sure.
Speaker 20: Hi Brooklyn boys, Jen the groomer here, I am cracking up listening to you guys talk about the tape. I also have a mixtape with my friends, so I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I were to.
Speaker 20: Charge for my tape, Brody, I would be charging at least two steak dinners.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. I should have done that.
Speaker 4: No vaccines? Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what.
Speaker 2: Scary hasn't yet downloaded the audio, so technically I could. I could take down on the link and he won't have a don't be a dick. Now I'm getting some good, good ideas. Now, don't be a Not only can I get an extra steak dinner, but Cowboy Truck is going to make you his own mixtape with Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash and et so. And I'll make and none for the other guy last due uh, I sent the mixtape link to my one of my Brooklyn boys who moved to Florida.
Speaker 1: He went he went crazy. He couldn't believe it. He was so excited. It's good. So you get some money for that for me. I probably should not. From me, I invested. Once you listen to it all last too, Hey, I hope.
Speaker 6: You called this, Scary said Doodoo in the last episode.
Speaker 1: Listen and you're a couple. We do to the right angle thing we do do? He do very nice, good catch member.
Speaker 6: I know you probably don't want to hear this, but.
Speaker 29: Billions, the Wall Street Guy wasn't the guy you were saying the Wall Street Guy was Axe, and then Paul Giamani played like a lawyer, public defender guy like trying to take him down.
Speaker 6: You said it was the Wall Street guy.
Speaker 29: I know you don't care, but you didn't say don't tweet me.
Speaker 1: No, say don't tweet me. So he tweeted you.
Speaker 3: So let me, let me, let me pull the curtain back. I never watched Billions. I know it's about Wall Street and I saw the scene because it made news. We talked about it on the Morning Show back when it first premiered, so I didn't really know which character he played, but he did play a high profile, powerful guy who needed to go to a dominatrix to be shot.
Speaker 1: That I did knock down a peg or peg for that matter of peg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well hold your fire. Do not leave any talkbacks because they'll just get deleted and used and abused, and who knows if someone else may listen to them and we're not around on vacation here, so.
Speaker 1: We'll be leaving.
Speaker 2: We'll be doing a Brooklyn Boys episode number three forty two the week of July seventh, and then you can resume leaving them then for the following talkback show.
Speaker 1: All right, I hope that makes sense.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if you don't listen and you leave it, talk back and make it deleted, because we'll say, all right, mushrooms may not. I'm I'm headed to Miami followed by a week in Jamaica with my family. We're doing a week longreat, Novilla Retreat. Yeah, we decided to do it again. It's an annual thing. We got to do a family trip. And you know, my brother and my sister and I were the family were taking my dad. It's important that he sees his grandkids. So uh, you know, I'm doing more of that kind of stuff these days, and I mean, I can't wait for it, so I will.
Speaker 1: If your father wants to see his grandkids, he doesn't need to see you, well, yeah, but I want. I want to my nephews and nieces. Yeah. It seems like you could do that in New Jersey or Brooklyn, couldn't you. Yeah. I gave Lucas the Nintendo switch to today for his graduation? Like, was he excited? Super excited? Super very nice? Freaking out? He goes, oh my god, when is his graduate When is his graduation?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: It is Monday, the twenty third, which we're releasing this on Tuesday, so it was yesterday. Oh dude, you should have given it to him after the graduation so that he would have been like to see whether or not he was excited. You were there if he If he was, yeah, you don't give him the gift, like like a wedding, you don't write out the check. He said, nice, the wedding is yeah, all right, Well he better be appreciative that you showed up and gave him such a nice gift.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, Well, super take dinner, nice reactions. This podcast depends on you, baby,