Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Gatty and He Armstrong and Yetty Fonsie. Thanks. An arsonist is causing all these fires.
Speaker 3: Among other celebrities, the police and fire department are trying to combat to their rumors or accusations. Henry Winkler, an actor better known for more recent shows than what he started in the seventies. I guess yes on Netflix and whatnot, but Henry Winkler. The Fawns tweeted out yesterday there's an arsenist here in La.
Speaker 1: May you be beaten? Unrecognizable? Wow, he fawns, We're with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool thumbs up. Singer Chris Brown, who olive has beaten people. I don't know if I'm recognizable or not. Girlfriends or whatever?
Speaker 4: Letting girlfriend yeah.
Speaker 3: Took to his Instagram stories on Thursday. Or someone starting these fires? S don't add up. Some Dancing with the Stars celebrity I've never heard of said there are five men going around ski masks starting the fires. Keep an eye out in all caps anyway, other than a homeless guy that was arrested with a lighter for the Hollywood area fire, which they got under control. I believe there haven't been arsonists nailed down for the two biggest fires. I have always wondered why Al Kaita or Isis, whoever didn't take this tact with a terrorist activity over the years.
Speaker 4: Interesting question. I don't know. They haven't as far as I can tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm not in the business of giving ideas. I just assume that there there's a reason why they haven't. That they're smart enough. They put a lot of thought on this, but kind it seems like if you had a dozen guys in the country and you picked a particular day and did a little research California, Arizona, where you know wherever fires you can get completely out of control, you can do a hell of a lot of damage.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, chilling stuff, so ah, A little closer to home and manageable, I think is the question of who is in what to office And absolutely thought provoking think piece on why virtually every blue city in America has gone completely sideways. And it's it's more than just kind of the obvious ABC one two three stuff. It's kind of a philosophical view of their jobs that I think you'll enjoy. Got a lot of stuff to squeeze in final hour of the week, But first, let's take a fun look back at the week that was.
Speaker 4: It's cow clips of the week, and.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of there's a lot of freak out the.
Speaker 3: Whips the week. The country is on a inside. They discovered a steel galvanized pipe with two end caps surrounded by two dozen rolls of nails.
Speaker 4: This is not a terrorist event.
Speaker 1: We also need to be stronger together by overcoming an addiction to divisiveness and negativity.
Speaker 3: The palicates fire, burning homes and forcing thousands to run for their lives. The were to describe what we're seeing is just apocalyptic. An emergency personnel had to take a bulldozer to just bulldoze them out of the way. They've put up the hoses. The water ran dry.
Speaker 4: The local folks are trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: There were no reductions that were made that would have impacted the situation.
Speaker 3: That we were dealing with people, And one.
Speaker 6: Of the best ways to demonstrate that there are regular folks is to take them by that home.
Speaker 3: First of all, it looks like they might have built it themselves.
Speaker 7: Second of all, my grandfather was likely to show up at the door in some seventies, short shorts and crops.
Speaker 3: Character. Character, character.
Speaker 2: What were you talking to Barack Obama about him? It did look very friendly.
Speaker 3: I must say it's one of the most awkward moments in American politics. Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes. Kamala D.
Speaker 2: Harris, We're going to get back.
Speaker 4: To our roots.
Speaker 1: We're eliminating the third party fact checking system.
Speaker 4: I'm a little concerned.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is like Chipotle announcing that it's ending health inspections.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We need Greenland for national security purposes.
Speaker 2: How we were.
Speaker 6: Talking to him yesterday, so he says, hello to everyone in Greenland.
Speaker 3: We're going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: Biden meanwhile says he thinks he could have beaten Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I think it's nuts to think that he would have won that election. I don't wore world leaders than any one of you ever met. In your home, goddamn wife, I intend to resign as party leader, as Prime minister, and you know, we really need to pace ourselves.
Speaker 4: If we're going to freak out over every last tweet, we.
Speaker 2: Will fight hard, fight hard for the freedom to vote.
Speaker 4: Why he does a nerve bro? Who shot who?
Speaker 2: Doesn't shut me? Everybody? Everybody got.
Speaker 4: That it won't be the clip of the year. But who shot who?
Speaker 3: That whole exchange, somebody got shot, very very nonplussed about the whole situation. Yeah, for some reason this popped into my head during clips week. There's a bunch of stuff there earlier in the week, like that was this week, that wasn't six months ago, the terrorist attack and all that sort of stuff. Jeez, the way we turn the page on stories. You know, the fire is such a big story and wiped out everything else. And I want to talk about climate change in a second, but first on this. We were watching and laughing at an ai fake video of Kamala and Jill fighting each other in the pew at the Carter funeral.
Speaker 4: It's not real.
Speaker 3: But the real part where Joe and doctor Jill come in and sit down next to Kamala. Man that is chilly. Kamala doesn't even look at her. She doesn't look at them. I mean, you're sitting right next to people that are supposed to be your close co workers and you don't even look at them. Kamala handled handing the presidency over to Donald Trump and announcing the votes and everything like that better than she handled easier than she handled having to sit next to Joe Biden and his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think just like Biden as a deep and abiding hatred for Obama. Kamala can't stand old man Biden.
Speaker 4: It's it's interesting.
Speaker 3: She was able to stuff down her disappointment, resentment, everything about losing to Donald Trump the election much easier than she was able to stuff it down sitting next to Joe and his wife. And he's got to be his wife because she probably thinks the same thing. I think his brain don't work. You're the evil bee that kept him running. You're the one that caused all this. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. That's what she was thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, and to recap a couple of discussions we've had in recent days, her ego is kept intact in spite of the fact that she got absolutely waxed by Donald Trump by the fact that well Biden got out too late and he screwed her and the campaign was short. So that's her excuse for herself, but her excuse was sitting next to her Biden and his.
Speaker 4: Evil, evil wife, So yeah, she can't. She despises them.
Speaker 3: Can't get away from the climate change discussion on any of the mainstream news around the fire or any other any other anything that happens, really pretty much, anything that happens somehow, climate change plays a role. Two things on that one. And I'm not a climate denier or proponent, as I've said many times on this show. For whatever reason, it's a topic I've decided not to look into.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 3: There are topics I look into to great depth, not this one. But it did come across this and this is accurate reporting. It's from Los Angeles Airport's own data. It's not unusual for Los Angeles to be bone dry in December into January. Since nineteen forty four, since I've been keeping records in the thirty days prior to January ninth, thirteen years have received between none and a tenth of an inch of rain, including this year.
Speaker 4: But it happened in.
Speaker 3: Fifty four, sixty one, sixty four, sixty seven. Well, I had quite a run there in the mid sixties where you would have been able to make some sort of argument about climate change or something lots of years. So there's always the data that gets very confusing on the are we having more hurricanes or not? Or is it dryer or not or whatever. But even without that, even if you buy into the whole climate man made change everything like that, there's no turning it around quickly, not a chance. So why waste any time in the midst of a crisis discussing that. It seems like such an easy out for the conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, right, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: That's the answer of why on purpose excuse on MSNBC or CNN or wherever to once they get to the climate change thing, then it's the evil Republicans or Trump or whoever who's stopping things. There is nothing. If Donald Trump went full al Gore today, you couldn't affect I'm assuming the worldwide temperature by a tenth of a degree over the next decade. Let alone fix what's gonna happen this summer fire wise, So why.
Speaker 4: Even talk about it?
Speaker 1: You know, it's the Simpsons were not now a show of the left. Ought to have a scene where, you know, Marge comes home and Homer's left the bathtub running, and the house is flooded and ruined, and the dog hasn't been fed for a week, and Bart hasn't gone to school or whatever. When she asks him why, he says, I don't know climate change because that is the all purpose, all encompanying excuse for bad policy.
Speaker 4: Has that happened because of climate change?
Speaker 1: And so the soft headed voters are distracted from mismanagement and bad government. And oh, right, climate change, I've heard about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It's not like a lot of policy decisions where you decide you're against the war, we could pull the troops out tomorrow or something, you could really make a radical change. There's no radical changes to be made on the whole climate thing, even if you believe them right.
Speaker 1: Even if you had superpowers, it would take ages to make a real difference, and we don't have superpowers in India and China.
Speaker 4: End of discussion. Yeah, it's so weak.
Speaker 1: Anytime a politician cites climate change because of a crisis, you can't look at that new. You know, some people look at it positively. Oh, I'm glad he's standing up for climate change. Well, you're an idiot and shouldn't vote, but don't even look at it neutrally.
Speaker 4: Say oh, I know this one.
Speaker 1: This is their dodge, and then think about the things that they're dodging, because that's almost always the way it's used. Yeah, you've been talking about climate change for like fifteen years now, so why didn't you do something about the xyz we're talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, climate change.
Speaker 3: It's easy to be susceptible to these arguments because I even have fallen for the Yeah, it does seem colder, wetter, dryer, windier, whatever than it used to. But then I'll see some stats laid out like the ones we just talked about and thought, okay, you have ears where this is worse.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's a couple of years row then it goes back to normal.
Speaker 4: This way it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, indeed, Eh, it's frustrating, is it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just thinking about the electorate and our leaders and the way it's supposed to work and how it doesn't if you're.
Speaker 3: I just saw the least sympathetic couple from the fire thing that I've seen yet. I thought, CNN, you're not doing a good job here, because just because you're rich, you don't deserve to have your home burnt down, or doesn't mean it's not awful. It's a lot less awful for you than the paycheck to paycheck people.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 3: You can go to a hotel and it's a headache as opposed to a disaster. I mean, there's just no doubt the more money have it. But anyway, they're interviewing this couple in there. One of those Mercedes SUVs that are designed to climb mountains, but people only drive them to yoga.
Speaker 4: U oh, one of those that.
Speaker 3: Are crazy, like a quarter of a million dollar car. She got a couple sitting in there. They're both like sixty. He's got ridiculously long blonde hair for a sixty year old rich guy wearing a puffy vest in his Mercedes. And she's got the big giant lips and her skin's way too tight. And I thought, this is not the right couple to have on CNN to get your crowd to feel all sympathetic and warm and fuzzy about it. Just it ain't. It ain't even working for me.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's what CNN ought to be doing anyway, But no, I see your point.
Speaker 3: Man, we got a lot more on the way. Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 6: According to the odds makers, closest game of the NFL playoffs this weekend the Monday night game Vikings Rams in Arizona because they can't play a game in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: The Vikings are just two and a half point favorites. All the other ones are a little whiter than that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, there's some great games too. I'm a newly minted Detroit Lions fan teams. Yeah, I got a couple of friends who are native Detroiters who are just died in the wool, I mean, have suffered for years. So anyway, enjoy the feats ball over the weekend. Folks, thought we'd lend a hand here to a kindred spirit trying.
Speaker 4: To do a good thing.
Speaker 1: This is cal Unicornia assembly Woman Kate Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Kate take it away.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm assembly Woman Kate Sanchez. Women's sports have long been a symbol of dedication, perseverance, and opportunity. As a former high school athlete, I know this is a space for young women can compete fairly, achieve their dreams, and showcase their talents. But today that fairness is being stripped away when biological men are allowed to compete in women's sports, it creates an unfair playing field. Young women who have spent years training, sacrificing, and earning their place to compete at the highest level are now being forced to compete against individuals with undeniable biological advantages. It's not just unfair, it's disheartening and dangerous for girls. This is about more than competition.
Speaker 4: It's about safety.
Speaker 7: Whether in contact sports, locker rooms, or shared spaces, these policies place.
Speaker 4: Our daughters at risk.
Speaker 7: We cannot ignore the physical and emotional toll this takes. I will always advocate for fairness, opportunity, and protection of women and girls in sports. It's time to restore integrity to women's athletics and ensure that every young woman has a fair and safe chance to compete.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why everything has to have a musical background these days, but thank you AB twelve. I'm sorry that was the old law that let boys play against girls in sports, but she's trying to pass a law that changes that, so.
Speaker 3: I would think there's overwhelming support for that, even in Cally, Unicornia. Yeah, I think believe it's easily a majority position.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The law has existed in California since twenty thirteen, signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown. Letting people be permitted to participated and participate in sex segregated school programs and activities consistent with their gender identity. Letting boys play against girls and beat the hell out of them. It's just unbelievable, And they quote a couple of high school coaches. California Globe has some great coverage of the story talking about this law. Did was suddenly have men saying they're transgender identifying as women to compete on their teams. We've had a lot of wrestling teams suddenly have huge wrestlers who now identify as women dominating women's wrestling. Wow.
Speaker 4: And swimming and other physical sports.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My favorite one to hate was that like forty year old giant dude who played junior college basketball in the Bay Area for a community college team, just backing over poor little girls who are trying to play college basketball. He still had eligibility because he can go to college, so he did. Juco is a forty year old dude and plays women's juco basketball.
Speaker 1: If you're in favor of that a mental illness and should get it treated. And I say that with compassion and love, but get it treated. Why do all the lefty cities go sideways? Great explanation coming up.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Well, guys, has some big news from Washington.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow.
Speaker 8: The Supreme Court will hear arguments on whether the federal government can ban TikTok. I expect you to be the first time a Supreme Court justice says the word skibbity toilet.
Speaker 3: Should be an interesting case.
Speaker 8: The justices will start scrolling through evidence, then two hours later look up like what was he doing?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting to follow this whole TikTok thing. I have no idea it's going to turn out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really interesting set of legal questions there that we won't get into now. But nobody wants to ban TikTok, by the way. They just want to not let the Chinese Communist Party run it. And there are laws against hostile foreign powers running things that happen in the United States. So well, you know, we'll consider that as it goes. Can't wait to hear the arguments. Ah, so this is terrific. I'm going to quote some of a piece by Noah Rothman, who writes for the National Review and is an incredibly smart guy.
Speaker 4: He has a vocabulary vocabulary.
Speaker 1: That makes mine look like an eight year old one of those guys who apparently swallowed a dictionary as a small child, and knows all the words. He's talking about why cities are so dysfunctional, and he quotes a nineteen ninety three lecture from a guy by the name of Nat Glazier, who's actually talking about the nineteen sixties and the dysfunction in American cities. And he says, New York, by way of an example, stop trying to do well the kinds of things a city can do, and started trying to do the kinds of things.
Speaker 4: A city cannot do.
Speaker 1: The city subordinated, keeping its streets and bridges in repair, building new facilities to accommodate the new needs in a shifting population, picking up garbage, policing the public environment, that sort of thing. It gave those up in favor of grander objectives. But in the pursuit of these lofty goals, cities stopped doing the things cities know how to do and started trying to do things no one knows how to do.
Speaker 4: I'm quoting.
Speaker 1: Among the things that can't do are redistributing income on a large scale and solving the social and personal problems of people who, for whatever reason, are engaged in self to start the behavior. Yeah, and Rothman writes, even if America's municipal officials did know how to end the scourge of racism, eradicate poverty, and change the weather, that is not within their job descriptions. And Glazer concluded his lecture with the prophetic observation that cities can quickly restore elementary governmental functionality if that's what the people.
Speaker 3: Vote for, including obviously fighting fires which is hot. Still pardon the expression this week, you know, on that one part, I don't know if you get anywhere with the argument that the government shouldn't be doing these things because there's just too many people that want the government to do those things. I think maybe the better argument is the first part of their unaccomplishable it's not something anyone could do, whether you think it's in their job description or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, either way, it's tough to convince people. Maybe you can convince them, No, city government can't cure all human suffering. Leave that to the Feds.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Glazer obviously and Noah hint that you know, Rudy Giuliani came along and did precisely what he's talking about. Said, yeah, we don't have grand you know, ethereal goals.
Speaker 4: We're going to get the garbage picked up.
Speaker 1: And they point out only when voters no longer accept excuses from their government leaders does the public see proficiency in municipal government. And we'll get to that broader theme in a second, but there's more great writing. Democratic elected officials at the highest levels of local, state, and federal government excel when they are tasked only with waxing grand eloquent about the metaphysical ills that plague American society, that is their core competency, grand promises, and in citing these insurmountable problems that they're going to fix. Indeed, they're often prone to subordinate the elementary functions of government to virtuous abstractions, and when those misplaced priorities give way to a level of maladministration, their constituencies resent. Those abstractions provide a convenient excuse to justify their failures. The scourge of climate change, the rapacious capitalist enterprises, the prejudice in men's hearts. It's all just too much to overcome. So they like make these speeches about how, if you elect me, I'll overcome the prejudice in men's hearts.
Speaker 4: And then when your country, when.
Speaker 1: Your city rather goes to crap, you say, well, it's because of the prejudice that lurks in men's hearts.
Speaker 3: It like works before and after, right, And there's too many places where you can't get elected by saying if I'm elected person in charge, we will continue to pick up the garbage on the stated day for your neighborhood. We'll continue to have clean water, and we'll have a parade every fourth of July.
Speaker 1: The end, right, And we won't let scumbags rob your children on the way to school.
Speaker 4: We'll get junkies out of the park. No, you gotta solve racism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's because so many people take for granted the garbage getting picked up and you know, the cops trying to keep your neighborhood safe or whatever. Because I was thinking about a lot of places in the Middle East and Africa, for instance, where things go to hell and the reason in Isis or in al Qaeda or some other scumbag group can come in and get the support of the population is they pick up the trash and they make the neighborhood safe, like the very core things that government should do. That's what people want done.
Speaker 4: You chop off a couple of arms and the thieves quit.
Speaker 3: I just didn't take over a village and get their support because they said we're gonna end income in equality or racism or anything like that. Pick up the garbage and make it safe, right, So.
Speaker 1: Getting back to a Rothman's piece, California is a prime example of this woeful phenomenon Angelino's if long elevated politicians believe they have a writ to, for example, quote eliminate racial disparity and achieve equality and equity by disrupting harmful trends and transforming.
Speaker 4: Systems and policies.
Speaker 1: Those are the very words of Cynthia Mitchell Hurd, president of.
Speaker 4: The La Urban League.
Speaker 1: It was that outlook that led La Mayor Karen Bass to treat the fire's department. I'm sorry to treat the city's fire department as a social experiment. The deadly wildfires that have leveled whole neighborhoods this week have made her decision. Bass's decision to cut the city's fire department budget by almost eighteen million dollars seem pretty shortsighted that was, in fact a compromise on her part. She had sought twenty three million dollars in cuts amid the city's efforts to contain its growing bums and junkies problem. He says, homelessness I use the proper term. Bass inherited from her predecessor, Eric Garcetti, an initiative designed to solve the problem of too few women volunteering to be firefighters, a problem that persists, perhaps because too few women want to be firefighters. The city seemed focused more on ensuring that the LAFD flatter its leader's ideological pretensions than on whether it was optimized to fight fires. And he makes fun of Karen Bass a bit more go ahead, So you expect.
Speaker 3: That out of the National Review. They're right, We expect that from them. What we're excited about is all these celebrity types in LA who are starting to say the same sort of thing where Joe Scarborough actually saw this this morning on MSNBC. He's a lifelong Republican conservative beaus you all know he's abandoned all that stuff since he got rich and famous all that. But Joe Scarborough blamed LA's fire hellscape on slash spending quote a complete failure of government, as he ripped government at all levels for causing this problem and went on to say, you can't just say it's Karen Bass the mayor.
Speaker 1: Can't.
Speaker 3: You can't just say it's Gavin Newsom. This has been a trend for thirty years in California. It's a failure of the government at all levels. Glad to hear that right in Karen Bass's defense. Then I'll skip to the end.
Speaker 1: She ran on eliminating racial disparities and achieving equality and equity by disrupting harmful trends and transforming systems in policies anyway to get to the Noah's conclusion, which I think is great. For years, the boutique priorities of influential but minority interests have crowded out elementary good governance. The problem is pronounced in California, but as apparent any in any locale where.
Speaker 4: The Blue state models practiced.
Speaker 1: Democratic elected officials stop doing the things municipal officials know how to do, the unglamorous work of public life and made themselves champions of the glossy causes that reward them with attention and donor contributions. Democrats are wildly overconfident in their ability to not just govern competently, but to solve intractable conundrums that plague modern life. That delusion has produced intolerable dysfunction. Until voters in blue locales start demanding basic competence of their politicians first and ideological purity second, they will be rewarded with more.
Speaker 4: Of the same.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred percent true. I don't like our chances.
Speaker 1: No. It reminds me of that brilliant piece Nellie Bowles wrote before I knew who Nellie Bowls was. She's the wife of and co person in charge of the Free Press now, which is doing great journalism. But she was the one who wrote that incredible piece about San Francisco and how it becomes so incredibly dysfunctional, and she has a die in the wall. Liberal had to admit that, Look, policies have results. People are dying on the streets. This is not kindness, this is cruelty. This does not work. Good for her and good for Noah Rothman. They're both one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, there's they never let a crisis go to waste thing where maybe you take this opportunity to point this stuff out. I'm just kind of hoping that people becomes obvious to people on their own. Well, this isn't working, so we got to change, try something different. I don't think it's going to be turning to Republicans, but maybe even just moderate Demics as opposed to whack jobs. Yeah, there are plenty of examples where somebody's really an R but they called themselves a D.
Speaker 4: Like uh, the uh, the guy.
Speaker 1: Just kind elected mayor of San Francisco. In San Francisco, he's an R. Oh absolutely, that's fine. Put whatever letter next to your name.
Speaker 4: Just get the blocking and tackling of government. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember did I talk about this for the whole network or just for our local stuff that I was in San Francisco a day after Christmas. Two days after Christmas. It was the cleanest I'd seen the city streets maybe ever, certainly in a very very long time. I mean the streets were physically clean, like they'd been scrubbed. They were shiny and clean, and you would look down alleys and see zero trash. And I saw like two street people the whole time when I was bumping around, and I one street person that I saw by the cable cars. All the tourists were lined up to get on the cable cars. And there were tourists there because it was day after Christmas. Two days after Christmas. There was somebody from the city talking to the homeless guy, telling him where he needed to go, convincing.
Speaker 4: Him, moere he need to go.
Speaker 3: But one almost guy that was there. So I don't know if already the new mayor has had that in sort of influence or what.
Speaker 1: But but, but, but but the city hasn't cured racism. They haven't ended inequity, they haven't cured all hunger.
Speaker 3: Pick up the effing trash, no kidding, we'll finish strong next.
Speaker 8: Strong.
Speaker 3: Yet I've never been to the CEES, as they called the Consumer Electronics Show that's going on in Las Vegas right now, where companies roll out their latest, greatest everything and uh, you know, it used to be laptops and it was the Internet of Everything for a long time, and then, uh, you know, various trends come and go. Drones were really big. A couple of years ago, reading one of the reviews in c net from their tech person. This one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars robot is almost human. We interviewed it at Cees twenty twenty five. They're speaking with Aria. This is one of the robots. I showed you a picture of Joe like, oh, super hot twenty three year old blonde chick. It's a robot. Robots were around every corner during Cees twenty twenty five this week, but there was one. Ah, but there was one that got very close to sounding and looking actually human. They interviewed real Botics is the name of the company's Aria, a blonde female. They put in quotes robot who answered questions, which just a touch of robotic awkwardness. I found this kind of funny. Aria, dressed in a black, very tight tracksuit, hesitated briefly after each question before launching into a speech with long responses. She came across as a weird blend of attentive and mildly inibriated. That might be on purpose, So the hot blonde as comes off as slightly drunk.
Speaker 4: But really attentive.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's an accident. And real botics. It sounds like here is kind of trying to pretend they don't know what these are going to be used for. Robotics. The company behind Aria and other humanoid robots say it's focused on social intelligence, customize ability, and realistic human features. They're also designed specifically for companionship and intimacy. Aria actually told them that when the interviewed, I'm for intimacy, Katie.
Speaker 5: I watched the video of this chick and it's twenty twenty five? Can we get away from the Pirates of the Caribbean? Animatronics thing shows a lot of like robot movements.
Speaker 3: General artificial intelligence is behind the robot's ability to engage in real time conversations, though Aria wouldn't reveal the details about the program.
Speaker 4: Bah Bah.
Speaker 3: Since a robot has designed for more emotional interactions than other robots, they could find their niche worts in hospitals and theme parks. Yeah, okay, yeah, possibly that's not what this guys. That's not why this guy's designing this one to look this way and dressing it that way so it can work in a hospital somewhere in clean bennits and.
Speaker 4: Tight, tight little tracksuit that bears its bell. Yeah, that's funny. They couldn't find a tracksuit that's fit right or.
Speaker 3: A nurse's outfit to drive home the point that it'd be great for working in hospitals.
Speaker 4: I don't want to steal your thunder, but did they get down South?
Speaker 3: No? Do they have functioning robogenitals? I'm sure that's an option. Clamp that baby right off, things go wrong.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: There are around seventeen motors from the neck up to create mouth and eye movements. If you don't like Aria's face, you can replace it with others that magnetically attached to the head. You want some strange. You can switch out hairstyles in colors too, So you.
Speaker 5: Could like go through a breakup and then bring out a new.
Speaker 1: Robot like this is my new girlfriend, but then be ashamed of it and call the original robot back and say I didn't I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: That is hilarious. Katie, go through a breakup, whatever the hell that would mean? You have an argument and you put a different face on herd that's it. I'm done with you your face, I'm tired of your algorithm. I don't know, I just need something different. Uh me, that's bull crap. So the loaded version that they showed there was one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars hm.
Speaker 4: But they don't mention the the rgs, the what. I think that would be a big part of this.
Speaker 3: If it isn't, it will be.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Hey are you you're squeezing a little hard?
Speaker 2: Squeeze a little hard?
Speaker 5: So I hold you to a higher standard than robo genitals.
Speaker 4: But that was informative.
Speaker 3: Can I just drama dramatic? Tize, didn't drama how things could go wrong?
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 3: Here's your post for final bunch, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day, which is obviously overdue. Michael Langelower, technical director, will lead the way.
Speaker 4: Michael, again, I'm giving you a quick scenario.
Speaker 1: Joe, you got a best friend, best friend in the world.
Speaker 4: He wants you and Judy to go out with him and his robotic girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Then you do it.
Speaker 3: That's when we've crossed a line where I've got to pretend your girlfriend is real somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I make a mistake unless there's some wild, extenuating circumstances. I'm sorry, I make an excuse and just to no, no, I'm sorry, I can't. We're busy that day. I didn't tell you what day, and we're busy that one too, uh, Katie Greener steemed a Newswoman.
Speaker 4: As a final thought, Katie, I'd.
Speaker 5: Have an influx of nine to one one calls because these things malfunction.
Speaker 3: And guys get stuck in her.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's not funny, it's it's painful.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: A final thought for us.
Speaker 3: As I said the other day, I became aware of a group of people that have kind of like relationships with some robot girls they just chat with. I mean, this is not even the robot, this is just the voice on a computer. So I for real, no joking at all. I think this is going to be a thing and soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, my final thought is to recap the stuff we were talking about earlier in the hour. Anytime a politician starts to launch into their grand plans for fixing what's wrong with humanity, ask him if they're going to pick up the trash, if they're gonna have enough cops on the streets to keep your family safe, that sort of thing. Back to brass tax America.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: So many people, thanks so a little time. Good to Armstrong. In geeddy dot com.
Speaker 1: You can buy one of these fabulous hoodies I'm wearing right now, the Ange Adidas hoodie at the store drop us lines. There's something we ought to be talking about mail bag at Armstrong in geeddy dot com.
Speaker 3: We will see you Monday. God bless America.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty and.
Speaker 3: I said, boy, they look like two people that like each other. If these are the kind of guys who are like a smacking ash, I think it's nuts. It's just the way it is. Imagine a more beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: Can I just say this? You know what I mean. It's in particular why you've got a.
Speaker 2: Nerve, bro.
Speaker 1: Or whenever you say that.
Speaker 4: And again, thank you so much for sharing that.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, great Friday, you mother, Armstrong and Gaddy