Speaker 1: This is the premier.
Speaker 2: That's the Canadian word for governor of Ontario, Doug Ford. He's a bit different in style than Prime Minister Mark Carney, but no less effective politically. He's a bit of a brawler. Elbows up, eh?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to sort of figure out your thinking about how you thread this needle with the president taking very specific aim at you in deeply personal ways. Why is that good?
Speaker 4: Well, good. You know something? I've been in this game a lot longer than he has. I got skin on me like an alligator. And you think an insult from him hurts me? Well, bring it on, buddy. I'm ready. Bring it on. You know something? I've dealt with guys like you my whole life. And guess what? You all become losers because you're a loser.
Speaker 1: This is The Warning.
Speaker 2: The Wall Street Journal said this was the stupidest trade war in all of human history.
Speaker 1: And it got dumber over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from the most incompetent Treasury Secretary in American history. Unbelievably, this man sits in an office once held by Alexander Hamilton, which is in its own way a refutation to Darwin's theory of evolution.
Speaker 5: Does the United States and President Trump still want Canada to become a state? He did say that they're getting all the benefits of being a state without.
Speaker 4: Being one?
Speaker 5: I think he would like Canada to come to the table and negotiate in good faith. They were offered quite a good deal last week.
Speaker 1: They chose to reject it.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, Prime Minister Carney rose to power on an anti-American, anti-Trump platform. I believe he was more than 20 points behind, and he seems to have gone back to his old playbook. And I think one has to ask oneself, Is he trying to benefit himself, the Liberal Party, or the Canadian people? Because they were offered a very good job.
Speaker 1: No, Scott.
Speaker 2: Canada did not start this. The buffoon, the rapist, the felon, the conman, the scumbag you work for, he started it.
Speaker 1: And it's why..
Speaker 2: He has a 30% approval level in the United States. And this is something for all the MAGA dummies out there to try to understand. Who's going to win the fight between the United States and Canada? The answer to that question is very simple. Canada will win and Trump will back down. And here's a reason why. 76% of the Canadian people, of all parties, of all persuasions, stand behind Prime Minister Mark Carney. In America, Trump is the most unpopular president in the history of Poland. He has a 30% approval level, meaning his coalition has collapsed and the American people stand against him. The majority of Americans have deep respect and appreciation and love for Canada. And for many score of millions of us, Canada is a home for our families. And the scores of millions of Americans across the border who are dependent on the Canadian economy and the trillion dollar flow of trade that passes back and forth across the border, this Trump foolishness is another economic disaster that no one needed and no one wanted. But let's be clear. Donald Trump is not trying to get a good deal. He's trying to break a country, a democracy, an ally, America's greatest friend. What Donald Trump is trying to do is turn Canada into a vassal state. We should go back to the beginning, to this moment of singular disgrace in the Oval Office with the greatest man of this age, President Zelensky of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: This was an.
Speaker 2: Exact recreation of what happened at Hitler's Berghof with the Prime Minister of Austria back in the day.
Speaker 1: It was an act of thuggery. What kind of diplomacy, JD, you are speaking about? What do you mean?
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the kind of diplomacy that's going to end the destruction of your country. Mr.
Speaker 1: President, with respect, I think it's disrespectful for.
Speaker 6: You to come into the Oval Office and try to litigate this.
Speaker 1: In front of the American media.
Speaker 6: Right now, you guys are going around and forcing conscripts to the front lines because you have manpower problems.
Speaker 5: You should be thanking the President for trying to bring it into this conflict.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to Ukraine that you say what problems we have?
Speaker 2: The United States of America should... always stand for liberty, for freedom. We are not an empire, nor are we a colonial power. And the United States is not a nation that seeks conquest, at least not until recently. Donald Trump, in threatening to invade the sovereign territory of Denmark, wrecked America's moral reputation across Europe. And though the American people don't seem to realize it, that change, it's a big one. And we will feel it because America increasingly will be alone and untrusted because it has turned dangerous, because it has turned malevolent. As Mark Carney said, America has changed. And sometimes its signature is written in pencil.
Speaker 6: We've been under no illusions. We recognized from the start that America has changed. Early last year, in this room, I observed that the decades-long process of steadily increasing integration between our economies was over. Our government understood before many that America would transform all of its commercial relationships, that it would put a series of tariffs on its closest allies and use economic integration as a weapon. We recognize that sometimes its signature was written in pencil.
Speaker 2: What an appalling, dishonorable, disgraceful indictment leveled against the United States and our national honor by a friend, which is what makes the words hurt so much, that we the people have allowed this by electing this depraved man to Washington's office, to Lincoln's office, to John Kennedy's office.
Speaker 1: What a sick error. in the United States.
Speaker 2: Mark Carney has made clear Canada will fight for its survival, for its sovereignty, for its dignity, and it will not bow and it will not yield. And as an American, I say thank you, Mark Carney. And I say thank you, Doug Ford. And I say thank you to every Canadian who will not do what most every elite in America did, which is get on their knees, lay on their bellies, and tremble in front of Donald Trump. No, The Canadians are making a stand. And Mark Carney, the most important elected official in the English-speaking world, is teaching a valuable lesson to the Democratic Party in the United States, to every feckless world leader, that sometimes you have to draw a line, and sometimes you have to stand on that line, and sometimes you have to refuse to take one step back. And that is what we are seeing in Canada. And this American finds it thrilling because the toughness of the Canadian leaders is going to be a light unto the world. And after Mark Carney and Doug Ford and the Canadians who have come together break Trump and force him down, something's going to change. Everyone's going to look at Trump and know he picked up the wrong rattlesnake. The deal is this. Canada's ready for a fight, and America is weak and divided. Our economy is teetering. Our society is cracking in some fundamental ways.
Speaker 1: In Canada, it's never been stronger.
Speaker 2: And when Scott Besson talks about where Carney ran on an anti-American platform, he did no such thing. He ran on a pro-Canadian platform, and he identified the greatest threat facing his country, which is the malignancy that Scott Besant lives on his knees for.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: And every American should be thrilled to see the fight and inspired by the toughness of our neighbors, our friends, and our families. And that's why this American stands with Canada. This is The Warning. I'm Steve Schmidt. This is The Warning. I invite you to join this community where I promise to be honest, blunt, and direct about what is happening in this country. America is in crisis. Follow and subscribe to this channel and on Substack. Become a member today and gain special access, including badges, ad-free content, and more.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your support.