Speaker 1: Hour two Sean Hennedy's show, eight hundred and nine to four to one, Shawn on number If you want to be a part of the program, The tchumor shutdown continues. Spent his entire career speaking out against shutdowns. But now he's got to give into his radical base, and that means and he I think he thinks this is his path to cling on to power. I don't even think that Hakim Jefferys in the end is going to be able to. I think they're both both leaders in name only, let's be real about all this. But I don't think they're going to be able to. But Senate Republicans are trying everything they can do. They John Thune, the Senate majority leaders, now offer Democrats a standalone vote on extending enhanced Obamacare subsidies they were supposed to be temporary put in place by the Biden administration in exchange for voting to open up the government. We have gone into great specificity in detail in terms of what it is the Democrats want. They they want a fund pretty much everything they want to inspe to what they say they want two hundred billion dollars in moneies that they can use for illegal immigrants two hundred billion. They want pregnancy emergency Obamacare COVID subsidies. They want five hundred million restored for PBS and NPR. They want four million for LGBTQ democracy grants in the Balkans, two million for feminist democratic principles in Africa. In total, they want one point five trillion dollars in new spending to open the government for a mere seven weeks, and then we go right back and start all over again. Senate Democrats privately debating how to respond to Thun's plan to jam them on a vote funding the Department of Defense. Do they really want to justify not voting to fund our military? Scott Besson, Treasury Secretary, says the government shut down is starting to cut into muscle and the economy maybe losing billions every day. It was funny last night watching AOC dodge the question this is now the new tactic. You see this happening in the race for mayor in New York City. As much as Martha McCallum pushed moron I'm sorry more zoron Moron commie Marxist Mmdani to answer questions, he wouldn't answer a single one what makes you qualified to be mayor? Well, you mentioned Trump. Let me let me look directly in the camera and address Donald Trump. I mean, and this same phenomenon is happening in New Jersey. Mikey Cheryl, how did you make seven million dollars? I have no earthly idea, none at all, whatsoever. Why did you get you know, why didn't you get to walk with your class at the Naval Academy. Well, here's four different excuses at four different times. Same thing as happening in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Abigail Spanberger, you know she can't answer questions. She she won't condemn j Jones who called for the assassination of the Speaker of the House in the Commonwealth and and harm to the speaker's children and family. Pretty unbelievable. But that's that's the state of where things are right now. And President Trump has found a way to pay our troops. Democrats claiming it's illegal, but meanwhile they're not doing a thing to stop it because they really don't want to stop it, because they know that this will, this will you know, they'll they'll bear responsibility on it. We're going to talk to Dusty Johnson in a minute of South Dakota because he's not taking any paycheck, like Ted ted Cruz said last night on Hannity, during this government shutdown. You know, in past shutdowns, these congressmen they get paid, they don't really care. It is impacting people's lives. And I saw a clip of our buddy Stephen A. Smith and and there was an air traffic controller. And now he's out, you know, doing door dash deliveries just to make ends meet in the interim while he's not going to be getting paid. And that really is who they all should be thinking about, because all of them have the ability to get their paycheck anyway. Joining us Dusty Johnson South Dakota, he's not only not taking a paycheck during this government shutdown, but he is also putting forth the A Bill to Eliminate Shutdowns Act, which would trigger an automatic continuing resolution for fourteen days in the event of a lapse of appropriations.
Speaker 2: Congressmen, great to have you. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fine, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: South Dakota's beautiful. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 1: I used to go to my kids played tournaments there and I was there like for four years in a row.
Speaker 2: Loved it. Beautiful place.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is unbelievable. July fourth, I was at Mount Rushmore with my old governor, good friend and Secretary of Homeland Security, Christine olm As. We swore in New Americans who did it the right way. Sean, it was absolutely incredible. You know.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I don't get impressed too much by going to places, and and my kids wanted to see Mount Rushmore and I wanted I wanted them to see it. And but you know, for me, if I look, I feel like in my mind, if I look online that you really get the experience.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: I mean to see it up close like that and observe it, you realize it's it's majestic.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: But anyway, tell us about your your Eliminate Shutdowns Act, which I think is common sense and would would basically protect both sides in the end because they end up taking different positions each time. I take the position that shutdowns don't really bother me too much. Everyone ends up getting a vacation and back pay in the end, But it is it does create strain and pressure on government employees that is unnecessary and unwarranted and unfair.
Speaker 3: Well and at some point people are paying taxes and they should get what they pay for. If you're a small business, you're waiting on an SBA loan so you can add a few more employees. Like, I get it. It's not the end of the world if you've got to wait an extra twenty days to get that loan process. But that's the kind of crap that we make fun of Europe for about how slow they are to process basic tasks, And so I get it. There's not one single catastrophic part of a shutdown, but there are a million stupid little paper cuts. And you're right, My bill, along with Senator Ron Johnson he's the Senate sponsor, would just say we're not going to do this anymore. This is dumb to let the minority party, the Democrats in this instance, take everything hostage. As you probably know, Oshan, we're one of only a couple of countries in the world to do it this way. For our first two hundred years, we just said, well, if you miss the deadline, the funding levels continue until you get a deal. That's how most countries do it. But that's what my bill would do.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's basic, you know, common sense Honestly, it's just simple. It would make everybody's life easier. Politically, it'd be easier, but in reality, both sides try to gain a political advantage in this. However, it's usually the party responsible for the shutdown. In this case, the Democrats that you know, as we play all these audio tapes and videotapes on TV of them over the years being so adamantly against shutdowns and how dangerous they are and how horrible they are for people, and then to watch them, you know, dig in even deeper, you know, with their Trump arrangement syndrome. You know, it's kind of remarkable to see the hypocrisy on display.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm glad you mentioned the performance art aspect of this, because that is what is irritating me. I mean, it is clear that John Thune, another great South dakotin is working hard to try to find some principled conservative but pragmatic approach forward. I mean, he's calling their bluff. They're saying, we want more of a normal appropriations process. Okay, big boys, big girls, Great, let's put the defense bill up. Okay, you don't want that, We'll put up a three bill package that includes agg funding like let's start to open back up this government. They're saying no because they don't. It appears that they don't actually want the partial solution. What they want is the political theater. And when I was in DC last week, when I was seeing my Democratic colleagues, it was amazing how much more they were focused on messaging and making noise than actually trying to get to yes.
Speaker 1: But this is now the state of the Democratic Party. I mean, I've never seen a party collapse this, this dramatically is we've seen since President Trump's reelection. Now, you know, in the lead up to this election, I think Democrats are all into woke and DEI and open borders and defunding this man and all this insanity. There's been no introspection, self reflection, and there's absolutely been zero I mean zero, you know, course correction, which, if anything, they've doubled down on stupid And now they've got the leadership scared to death of the radicals that really do rule their party.
Speaker 3: You are exact, all right, it has gotten worse, you know. Rather than taking some notes and I'll just back up real quick, I mean, securing the border was like a ninety ten issue. Getting rid of the dei nonsense was a ninety ten issue, and rather than acknowledging that they had gotten out way over their speeds, over their skis, they did double down. And so now you've got this Mondanie guy you were talking about in New York, who is legitimately a socialist. You've got the guy who's running against Susan Collins and Mayne who is legitimately a socialist. I mean, they're putting all of their eggs in the far left basket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, when you speak to these these liberal colleagues of yours, if you even do, I don't know if they'll talk to you or not. What are these conversations like, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: A lot of conversations with them, and I try to build relationships on the other side of the aisle. I mean, to get any bill passed other than once a year you get a reconciliation. Everything else has got to have votes on both sides of the aisle to make it out of the Senate. Maybe you like that, maybe you don't, But that's the math problem. And we can periodically find some guys on the left who want to do the right thing. I mean, when we passed out you know, the short term cr There were Democrats that were supportive of that, not a lot, but a few. And so when I talk to these folks, they understand they're holding a bad hand cards. They are shutting down the government on the basis of a big policy demand, as you noted, Sean, that never really works. But they feel like if they don't fight, if they don't fight, the base is going to abandon them.
Speaker 1: Well, we know that too, quick break right back bar with Dusty Johnson South Dakota on the other side, can we eliminate shutdowns forever? We'll get to your calls as well, coming up eight hundred and nine to four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Also, Greg Jarrett analyzes what are potentially real legal troubles for deep state operatives as we continue. All right, we continue now, South Dakota Congressman wrote, Dusty Johnson is with us. He has proposed the Eliminate Shutdowns Act in Washington, so we don't have to live through this madness anymore.
Speaker 2: Let me play for you if I can.
Speaker 1: The I think basically leader in name only, and there was no actual polling of Democratic the Democratic Caucus. There's not widespread support for Hakim Jeffreys remaining the leader of the Democratic Caucus. But he does this bizarre shutdown poem, and I want to get your reaction to it.
Speaker 4: House Republicans shut the government down, then they ran out of town for the last three weeks. They're nowhere to be found. What more can I say?
Speaker 2: You deserve better?
Speaker 1: Okay, the only problem is the House already passed it, and the Senate had another vote yesterday, So I don't know what the hell he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a huge disconnect, and I just I don't. I mean, I feel like a thousand times I have explained to people that on a bipartisan basis, we passed out of the House a bill to keep the government open, and that same package, which Democrats have voted for thirteen times in the recent past, is having a hard time getting out of the Senate. And so it is, but Republicans there but except Rand is voting for this thing. So I know that he came. Jeffries through his turn of phrase and his poetry is trying to retcon reality. But Republicans have voted repeatedly to open up the government. Democrats not. And I would just say this, Sean the only question before us right now, because I know we've got some big things to negotiate. I mean, listen, let's talk about COVID era healthcare subsidies. COVID's in the rear view mirror. I don't think we need to be given people with seven hundred or eight hundred percent of the poverty level subsidies for health insurance. But the Democrats want to have that discussion, so we can. We should have those debates when the government is open. Demanding as Schumer has, that we have those debates only while the government is shut down is stupid.
Speaker 2: It's beyond stupid.
Speaker 1: It's going to get interesting to watch if you even looked at his panic I played it earlier and on TV last night. I mean, even CNN is saying that, especially with some of the redistricting going on in the Supreme Court case on jerry mandering that they're taking up that is race based, they have the potential to maybe lose nineteen more seats, which would be great for the country of my view. But Republicans, you know, be wary because you have to defy conventional political gravity and win in an off term election year. And I will tell you this is the most important tipping point midterm that we'll be facing next year, a year from now, in our lifetime. We appreciate your Congressman Dusty Johnson, South Dakota. Thank you, sir, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to our busy telephones. Eight hundred and nine to four one Sean, that's a number you want to be a part of the program. Will start my Free State of Florida. I don't know if you saw last night, Pat is with us James Upmeyer, who is the Age of Florida. He's doing a great job, and he announced on my show last night he's suing California in Washington and he's going right to the Supreme Court. When two states sue each other, you know, that's where the case is filed. And he says they are violating the Motor Vehicle Safety Act of nineteen eighty six. In twenty seventeen, for example, California passed with called the California Values Act that prohibits California law enforcement agencies from inquiring an individual's immigration status. Now, what how does that impact Florida. It impacted Florida because both Washington State and California gave commercial drivers' licenses to this guy that you know, couldn't read English and couldn't read road signs. We find out later that made that ridiculous U turn and three innocent people were killed. And once they gave him a test, he didn't. He couldn't, he couldn't, he couldn't identify road signs. Insane anyway, Pat, Glad, you called. Glad, you're with us.
Speaker 5: It's an honor to be speak speaking with you on the phone. You you were the catalyst. You're a great American, and you're the catalyst to the reason I'm looking at my voter registration card right now in this Republican Party of Florida. I was raised Democratic Democratic family, but I never I haven't been paying attention for forty three years, but my eyes are wide open. That's because within the last year I started listen to your show, and you bring it every day, so thank you for doing that. You often make reference to I listen to you and watch your show as much as I can. You often make reference to Trump and say you can't believe how hard he works and how he does it. I don't believe. I don't know how you do it, sir, but because you bring it every day is the reason I am now paying attention and my eyes are wide open, and the reason I had to change to the Republican Party. And I'm croud to be a Republican. I believe in my government for the first time in my life. I believe I want to do for my party. So I had a question for you, is, Wow, what can I do? Because you changed my life in a way. And yeah, I think you're a great America. I look forward to today you get the Presidential Medal of Honor.
Speaker 1: I appreciate what you There's way more deserving people to me. But that's very kind of you first time. I'm going to tip my hat to you because there are people, you know that there's perceptions about hosts sometimes that are never rooted in reality. A lot of people that will criticize me, Like I don't read comments about me, ever, because unless not really want to feel depressed, because you know the comments online, these these keyboard warriors and naked in their their mother's basement or in their underwear in their mother's basement anonymously, you know, they'll say anything about anybody. They seem to hate everybody in the world. Themselves. But you know, I don't do the show for them. I'm doing the show for people like you.
Speaker 2: But you had an.
Speaker 1: Open mind and something in you, things that you heard resonated with you and common sense and maybe you'd never heard it before. I mean, Charlie Kirk would go into these hostile environments on college campuses and he talk about God, and he talked about, yeah, don't be a part of hookup culture, and don't be the kid that goes to prat parties get drunk and gets drunk and is thrown up in the bushes or doing drugs. And oh, by the way, the best thing I did in my life is I got to church and I got to know Jesus and it changed my life. What a horrible message, but a message that unfortunately kids aren't even hearing. But to answer your question directly about what you can and should do, first of all, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Number one. You're in kids force.
Speaker 1: And I say this, and this is an early I was not going to I'm not going to start this till January. But if all you do next year is commit to voting in the midterm elections the way, knowing that this is a tipping point midterm. I'll take that that's a big deal that matters. I'm not going to I'm not going to minimize it. Then, if you want to take your involvement further, you know, I will give you all of the issues that are relevant that will impact this country, and I will probably repeat them a lot, and people say, hey, do you repeat yourself. I'm just preparing you because I want all of you by the time we get to November of next year, when I start in January about what what will define this election, and I can tell you what a lot of it's going to be. You either want open borders or you want secure borders. You either want law and order and safety and security, or you're part of defund, dismantle, nobil, reimagine the police. You either want the largest tax cuts in history of the largest tax increase in history. You want energy dominance or you know it's the cost of democracy is as Kamala said about about paying higher energy prices, you want, you don't want to pay for you want. You don't want taxpayer funded sex change operations for illegals and for convicts. You don't want, you don't want taxpayer funded college to wish it you don't want all these benefits for people that don't respect our orders, our laws, and our sovereignty, you know. And then maybe you want to maybe you want to get involved in a campaign, maybe you want to donate, maybe you want, uh, you know, make phone calls to these campaigns. There's all sorts of ways you can get involved. And you can call your local Republican party.
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 5: I'm fully engaged, mister Hannity, and that you're with a catalyst for that. I would do anything for my country at this point, and that is the result of you bringing it every day. I will make phone calls. I'm inspired. I'm passionate about it. Now for the for my president talks to me. He talks to me all the time. I've never seen that in my life. It's it's I think it's going to go down as Washington, Lincoln and Trump one day when we look back at it. And you're a great American. Like I said, mister Hannity, I am honored to be on the phone speaking with you. But you changed my life in this sense, and I'm for in a good way. I was blind, I wasn't paying attention, I wasn't doing my civic duty.
Speaker 2: I just went.
Speaker 5: Along, and you know everyone, I didn't watch the news. You opened my eyes and now my eyes are wide open, and I'm going to help in any way I.
Speaker 2: Can well listen. I give all credit to you.
Speaker 1: You had an in mind, and you made your You know your heart is guiding you in this direction. Obviously it's I'm you know what, once your eyes are open, you can't close them. It's sort of like once you see how abusively biased and corrupt the news media is, how complicit they were in spreading lies and peddling conspiracy theories, you can't not see media bias anymore. I mean they don't see it. That's why they're dead that you know, this is a certain fundamental truth in broadcasting. Having done this for decades now, I can tell you if you're not honest and truthful with your audience and you're just lying, you're going to lose trust with people. And you know, we have a pretty good track record of getting our stuff right because we work hard at it. It's not a brag. It's more my responsibility and just doing my job. Pat love you man, appreciate it. Stay in touch with us. Love to have you back quick. Break right back. More of your calls coming up. Eight hundred and nine four one Sean is our number if you want to be a part of the program. Right back to our busy phones. It's toll free eight hundred and nine one Sean if you want to join us. Maria is in Delaware. Next on the Sean Hannity Show. Hey Maria, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 6: Hey? I'm glad I got through My goodness you are. You're popular.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you got through too. I've do you sound like the nicest person in Joe Biden's Delaware?
Speaker 6: Oh listen, I'm telling you it's roth. Now we're trying to move out. We want to move to Missouri because I have family there and it's more red than Delaware.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we'll get you know what, I know, A lot of people are afraid to move. If I can address this with you, a lot I've I've never been afraid to move. I've lived in six different states. I grew up in New York, Long Island, lived in Rhode Island five years, California five years, Alabama two years, Georgia four years, went back to New York when I started at Fox. Now I'm completing my second full year in Florida. Uh and I it's the best decision and the best experience I've had in my life. I love moving. I love I'm not except I'm done now. I don't want to move anymore. I'm finished.
Speaker 6: Well well, and see that's the thing. My husband and I are up there in age and we have just you know, some other things that going on in our lives. And it's not that I'm scared to move. I do want to move. I have good reasons I want to move again. When you're our age, it's kind of like ooh so, but I know if it's the lord's will, we will move. So and he'll do you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Do you live in a house or a condo or a townhouse? What are you live in an apartment?
Speaker 6: And we have acreage. But the problem is, if you know Delaware, it's a lot of swamp laying. So we have swamp around our house. Now our house itself fits up above the swamp.
Speaker 1: But I have to it sounds like mosquito. Held to me, oh it is.
Speaker 6: When we first moved here, they said, oh, the mosquito is the state bird. I'm like, I believe.
Speaker 1: It Mosquitos, and I know I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: They like my blood. I will here's the benefit.
Speaker 1: I think probably it's either worst case scenario. I think property values will be comparable if you move to Missouri, because I'm just obsessed with real estate. The second thing I would say to you is you might even make more money on selling your Delaware house and get a comparable house and then put some money in your pocket, which would be pretty cool. And with interest rates, you know, we expect a new fed chair in May.
Speaker 2: It probably is like the perfect.
Speaker 6: Timing, yep, yep, and we realize that. So yeah, the reason why I called you, I was listening to you interview excuse me, Eric Trump yesterday and I was like, wow, I knew the family had been through a lot, but he explained so much more what they meant through and I'm sure he couldn't even cover all everything in an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: He barely touched the service book under siege, my family's fight to save our nation yep.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, well, now I know why the Lord laid it on my heart to be praying for President Trump and his whole family, because I knew they were under siege, but I, like I said, I didn't realize it was that bad. And I'm like, oh, thank you Lord for protecting the whole family. Because I listening to you, I knew that President Trump he is a family man and a man of faith. And I'm like, well, thank God for his faith. And i know if anything happened to even just one person in his family, it would hurt him bad.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, well, Lord, he loves his family. And by the way, they're all great. I know them all. They're all great kids. Baron, Tiffany, Avanka, Junior, Eric, all great kids. And their kids are great too. I've met them all. You know, I'm not going to go into it, but I will say this, and Linda, you can corroborate this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk a lot about it, but they were after me in a lot of ways too, and nothing compared to what they went through.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't even have a right to mention it, to be very honest, wasn't the true of false? It's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went after you too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It sucks. They suck. They weaponize the government.
Speaker 1: There's sick people.
Speaker 2: They suck. Maria.
Speaker 1: The good news is the American people saw through it. The Democrats overreached, and they're doing it again now and they'll get the same result. What's the definition of insanity? God bless you, Maria, God bless you your move with you and your family. We only wish you the best.