Speaker 1: Always a treat to have Braylan Edwards and Mark Sanchez here at training camp. What was it like for you guys just going out there hanging out and practice.
Speaker 2: To first thing?
Speaker 3: It's happened last year too, when Mark and I were here, I wish we were we were up in Courtland.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a bad drive.
Speaker 3: But you see the rises, you see the crowd here in the flowing a part.
Speaker 2: It's exciting.
Speaker 4: But Courtland was cool, was really cool.
Speaker 2: Courtland was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I mean, come on, the dark Horse up there, actually have the top.
Speaker 4: I have the top.
Speaker 5: Braile got blntrol the top, the top, but Mark markentrol. This is the top of a barrel from one of their I don't know, kegs or something, but I have it in my bar at home.
Speaker 4: The dark Horse.
Speaker 5: It's in California from there, the dark Horse Tavern. Harry gave it to me.
Speaker 1: Legendarious, legendary establishment as far as you know, right outside sunny Courtland. When Rex told you, guys, say you got the night off.
Speaker 4: What would you do with that? Dangerous?
Speaker 2: What to Tago?
Speaker 1: Bill?
Speaker 4: Shots fired?
Speaker 2: What I want to tackle Bill?
Speaker 1: But it was you said it was dangerous?
Speaker 4: No, I mean we just had.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of great personalities, a lot of guys that wanted to work really hard when it was time to work, and then have a great time as well and enjoy the spoils, if you will, of New York. And I thought, I thought we did a great job of balancing both and we we had a great time. I genuinely like felt like it was college. Especially that second year for me in twenty ten, it felt a little more like guys were everybody's Yeah, it's true, traded, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't come till week five or six. Yeah, my rookie year.
Speaker 5: And then the next year with you know, Jason Taylor, we had the hard knocks year.
Speaker 4: Well documented the.
Speaker 3: Kind of person now I had like a Courtland hoodie. I had to jogg in pants.
Speaker 2: I was like, Courtland, you looked.
Speaker 4: Like a freshman.
Speaker 5: You look like an incoming freshman with rich parents is what he looked like, just decked out.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: But the thing about Courtland was it was cool in the morning.
Speaker 4: It was nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's something to be said about going away for camp. I know the world is changing. We just had this conversation, but the world is changing. Things are different now, but I did like that, you know, us against the world mentality. We're gonna hunker down in our bunker, our place, our safe spot, and go get better. Set the tone for our year. Learn these offensive and defensive and special teams calls, and let's go. Let's go kick some masks this year.
Speaker 4: You know. But it starts there. You create your identity.
Speaker 5: I think in training camp, and there was something to that kind of get away from everything mentality.
Speaker 4: But that was a hell of a draft.
Speaker 1: What what was your training camp mustafs? Did have to have in the room?
Speaker 3: I mean my laptop, my speaker because I was a DJ at least I thought I was. Yeah, just so, so I had to have my speaker, had that my laptop, so I could, you know, make some some mixes.
Speaker 2: Other than that, not much. No, I was simple. That was simple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was pretty easy too. I was in the diva or anything.
Speaker 1: So nine to ten, last time this team made the playoffs. What did you guys think what you saw the twenty.
Speaker 4: We were talking about lifting the curse? You too, coming back?
Speaker 5: It won't I mean we just well, for a small monetary fee, we'd think about lifting the Jets playoff curse.
Speaker 1: So we got a ways to go. But what did you think as far as just the talent here? And then also how do you guys take in practice? Maybe differently than I.
Speaker 3: Think last year when I came here, it was just exciting to see eight on the field. He was like, okay, you have eight. It was fun to watch one seven. Who's now five Garrett Wilson. It was fun to watch. But the defense really set the tone last year in practice, the defense was until proven. Differently, they still already calls on the team. Watching this year, you're watching some iron, You're watching offense, you're watching players.
Speaker 2: They have more.
Speaker 3: Than just one wide receiver, they have more than just one running back. They actually have a system right now that can challenge that defense that is going to be really good this year.
Speaker 2: So I saw a situation where iron is sharpening iron.
Speaker 3: But that defense wasn't necessarily setting the tone all the time. Offense at the tone a little bit out there practice a day too. So I'm excited that they have two sides as well. Last year was a hopeful one and they know they had the defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 5: Points just piggybacking off of that, I think so competitive. In practice, you saw the defense win a couple, offense win a few, and it went back and forth. To Brolin's point, a little different feel last year in camp, at least the day we were here, but the cupboards full there. On offense, now it looks different. I love what they did at the offensive line, and then the general sentiment right the you know, millennial if you will, vibes kind of you can tell there's a little chip on everybody's shoulder, especially on offense. I felt that, and you know, things didn't pan out obviously, four plays end of the season, you lose your superstar. So people were a little embarrassed, upset, frustrated, and now it's time. Now you can tell they feel like, hey, forget the noise, forget everything else, let's go kick some ass this year.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go make a statement. And I liked it. I thought it was it was like an urgent animosity, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Like that, but like controlled urgent animal, like we're they just like wid no, sloppy, no, you know, one minor fight gets breaked up fast, like broken up fast, like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: You can tell teams that have you know, been.
Speaker 5: Through a little bit together, been through a little adversity, get punched in the mouth a little bit, and then you come back.
Speaker 1: You guys had a different You guys had a different dynamic as a quarterback and receiver because you're a young guy at that point, And Brailin said, a couple of years in the National Football League. But when you watch Aaron work specifically with Garrett, what's going through your mind? I know on social media today people are making up this clip where Garrett and Aaron echinees day the heated conversation, but at the end of the day they're shaking hands.
Speaker 4: Oh of course, yeah. I mean we've been through that as well.
Speaker 5: Like not every throw is gonna be perfect, not every route's gonna be perfect, but you're trying to get as close as you can and get more time on task, get time with that player to try and understand. Okay, what's he thinking. What's Braylen's body language look like when he comes out of a speed out, a speed cutout from nine to eleven yards on Monday night football at Miami. What's it look like when he's going up making a whole shot catch against cover two against Miami up the sidelines when shot he reminds me in the headset, Hey, this one's for the game, and then he cuts off the headset. I was like, thanks a lot, Like there's not enough pressure already, just so you know. But like that kind of stuff, you could tell that they're starting to really get into that and they got short changed a little bit last year. But you don't think Aaron's watching all those clips. You don't think Aaron's dialed in to watching and studying the guys he's going to be with.
Speaker 4: The next year.
Speaker 5: So you could tell he's done plenty of offseason work and they look dynamic.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that's going to help their relationship.
Speaker 3: And I was talking to Garrett about this on the sideline, and I give him a lot of credit. He's always present. It's very hard for wide receiver to stay present. You look at the quarterback situation that he's had. He's had six different quarterbacks in three years. You talk about wins losses, it's tough for wide receivers, particularly to stay engaged to do the things. But when you watch him, he's always making the plays. He's always running the right routes, he's always making the catches, no matter when it is in the game and when you watch him at practice, he's always in. He's always doing something to get better.
Speaker 2: That is when Aaron thrives.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: He thrives when he has those type of guys, what it's Devonte Adams, whether it's insert wide receiver that he's had in the past that take the game series much like him. So I think Rendall kay just retire one of the best to do it for Green Bay and here so you just see he's got a guy that even though he's going in the year four excuse me, year three, he's a vet in every sense of the word.
Speaker 2: He works hard.
Speaker 1: What's unique about his physical skill set? I just asked DJ Read about it and he said that his releases he just changes up constantly. But also Quincy noon one and I were talking after practice and he called the guy in an acrobat.
Speaker 3: His body control. Yeah, like body control would be the first thing that comes to mind for me. Like he runs routes with the best of them. He's fast, he's in and out of the breaks. He can really doesn't change speed, which is greatful a quarterback because that means it gives him.
Speaker 2: That that separation.
Speaker 3: He gives the quarterback room to put the ball in there, man, but that you can't coach.
Speaker 2: That acrobatic, the body type.
Speaker 3: I saw him almost make a catch on the sideline. He wasn't even in the game. They threw the ball and almost said to the crowd, he just jumps up and jump. He got way up and it called me out the corner of my eye. His body control is I think, something that makes him stand out amongst all the good Wade receives in the NFL.
Speaker 5: He can land soft. He's elusive at the line of scrimmage because he's not He's a different body type than Brailin right, Like, if you get close to Brailin trying to get your hands on him, he might.
Speaker 4: Just shock you so quick and paralyze you and then run by you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Where this guy's got to be quick and elusive at the line of scrimmage because he's not as strong as somebody like Braylon's body type. So he's plenty strong. Don't get me wrong. It's just two different types of player, and they're both incredibly talented.
Speaker 4: But this kid's good.
Speaker 2: He's legit.
Speaker 1: Mike Williams started camp on the pup. You were a bigger receiver yourself, What do you like most about his game and how is he going to add to the equation here.
Speaker 3: One thing about Mike Williams I watched him when he was in San Diego now the LA Chargers is he high points the ball well, like when the ball is in the air, whether it's high, whether it's lower. He's very aggressive for the football. And that you can't coach that kind of thing. You can't teach that trying to make somebody aggressive for the football. My coach used to tell me, when the ball is in their it's yours. Like the ball is yours, it's no one else's, it's yours. A quarterback trust you, so you get the ball. I think that's what he's done best in his career. And he's had some unfortunate injuries that have hampered him at times. But when he plays, when he's in between the hashes, man, he plays with the best of them.
Speaker 2: It's his dominance for getting the ball.
Speaker 3: You put the ball in there, you got eighty percent chance that he's gonna make the play or getting personal past and affairs. So he's aggressive and he attacks the ball. I've always loved that about his game.
Speaker 5: And I think he's a little bit underrated playing playing in San Diego, playing in LA with the Chargers, I don't think he got a ton of the love that he really deserved. I think some of that has to do with the injuries. But he made some huge plays for those teams, and I would see it just locally on the news at night. But if you're not in that market, you don't necessarily gravitate towards a guy like that because they weren't on great teams really. So I think here's a chance for him career wise. And we all know up here, everybody knows around here. You play well in New York, everybody's gonna know your name.
Speaker 2: I think he's also underrated ro runner.
Speaker 3: Like when you think a tall guy six ' five Calvin Johnston, you think about Rocker running, you think about jumping over or running pass or bulldozing through like he runs the dig which was one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Routes, the big Dig route.
Speaker 3: He runs it just hey, you know, he runs it just as good as anybody in the game at six ' five. So the fact that he can run routes that catches you up right as a defensive back. You're not expecting the receivers over sixty three to run routes you expect them try to bully you, get to a spoty run by you. I think he tricks a lot of people with that rob running ability.
Speaker 4: What do you like.
Speaker 1: Most watching Aaron just practice? Is your guy who played the game, you're also calling the game each week up into booth.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is his ability to lock in and his focus is pretty uncanny. You see it with the Peyton Mannings, the Drew Brees', Tom Brady's. They just get this look in their eye and whether it's practices or games, or walk throughs or meetings, and he has this ability to turn it on and turn it off like that, and he can joke with you. He's got a million thoughts going through his head on one side of his brain, and then he's absolutely dialed trying to dice you up on defense and get an edge and talk to his guys and motivate, learn, teach, listen all at the same time. He has an uncar any ability to handle a lot while still maintaining this incredible focus. His ability to compartmentalize I think is maybe unmatched.
Speaker 4: And he's a cerebral guy.
Speaker 5: He's thinking three four steps ahead of people, and you know, sometimes it comes off as arrogant or pompous or a little different, but yeah, he is a little different. But he is stone cold killer now man, and he really wants to win.
Speaker 1: But there seems to be a relatability factor that he has with guys.
Speaker 4: In the rooms. That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: He's like he can f It's I mean, like tight roping across Niagara Falls. This guy has the perfect balance of everything. And it's impressive to watch. It's impressive.
Speaker 4: What's going.
Speaker 1: In your mind? When going on in your mind when you're watching this and you can see Aaron is waiting for the snap, and he's almost toying with you. There's this cat and mouse game and he lets you finally disguise your diskis and you're showing pressure and he knows he's got you be How will that help the Jets defense down the line?
Speaker 5: Oh shoot, well we saw today, Okay, the lay coming towards the building.
Speaker 4: They brought a four week pressure.
Speaker 5: They try to disguise it and he hits Garrett up the sideline and it was a classic Aaron Rodgers boom fake, the snap fake, the mic point and boom, and you're the defense is kind of taught the second time. You're going down for the ball, looking at the center, and you got to make sure you don't lift the leg or give an indicator and keep your eyes up because then they'll hold right. And he just sells it enough because he's a part actor at the same time, and then right at the last second goes boom easy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike, forty four. Mike's forty four.
Speaker 5: Then he tells the back you got the safety, go back and pull up the clip because it's money. This is like classic Yeah, week pressure on four week pressure on defense. Remind the offensive line new mic point from the mic to the will till the running back.
Speaker 4: You got to help over there.
Speaker 5: If that extra guy comes, which he is, boom, go go pick that guy off. And now it's Garret Wilson on the safety.
Speaker 3: Good luck and unless than exs and knows uh breakdown and execution and the explanation that I think he trusts his confidence level, he trusts himself. He's been doing this now for the best part of twenty years, nineteen twenty. We're in the same draft class, class of five. He's been doing it. Hush, he's been doing it so long. He's doing so longbody trusts itself. A lot of people have seen it, but they still don't. Necessarily, I know what's coming, but is it gonna go like one percent? When he knows his instantly he knows what it is. He's able to get through those things. And Mark laid also eloquently, and then he goes. He trusts and it's there, It's always there. But he trusts himself. He trusts the years.
Speaker 2: He's spending in the NFL, So that.
Speaker 1: Trust is a How old are you guys right now? Forty one, forty seven, thirty seven, still a baby thirty seven? So what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: Can I get the baby at forty one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Definitely, I gotta start with him first. I'm like a grandpa compared to you guys, No, true, right, What do you how would you assess his environment heading into the season being forty gonna be forty one in December? Yeah, trying to accomplish something that nobody ever has before coming off in Achilles. We've never seen anything.
Speaker 5: Like this, I know, especially as fast as he was able to start moving around. Yeah, that was impressive in itself, I know in some ways, guys like that, competitors like that, you almost have to protect them from themselves, like don't let him go out too early kind of thing. So I think they did a good job of taking care of him last year, make sure he didnt try and come back too early. But I think he really does have something to prove. And that's not a guy you want to mess with. Like you don't. You don't go picking fights with Jedis, you know what I mean. It's just not really in your best interest. So I know, a lot of the noise, a lot of the offseason stuff, he's he's a different cat, you know, of marches to the beat of his own drum kind of thing. But trust me, he's a pretty impressive guy. And that's not somebody I want either under the radar or pissed off at me, you know what I mean, Especially as a dee coordinator.
Speaker 4: It's a lot to deal with.
Speaker 3: I've seen the first Sam you know, in two thousand and five. His name didn't get called till twenty four and you know, he had that chip on his shoulder until he came in and start got the job after his third year.
Speaker 2: That's not a guy I want to piss off. Remember a couple of years ago, he told him, man, it was over. He's done. What happened.
Speaker 3: He gets back to back NBA. So he's just a guy that thrives in the pressure. He thrives when you're tell him you can't do something. I think last year you started seeing built team bonds, like he was legitimately locked into what the New York Jets were. He was trying to build with this team. He was trying to build with this coaching staff. It wasn't Aaron Rodgers and everybody else. It was Aaron Rodgers a part of a team. And obviously we know it didn't get to happen that way. So I think he's still trying to prove that he's that team guy. And that's what you see today, That's what you've seen all off season. I think him coming back, like you said forty Achilles kirk Cousins is another guy you think about that, but coming off those injuries, I wouldn't bet on it. I wouldn't bet against eight. He's just not a guy you want to bet against. And I think they Jets have done great job of putting the right things around him, the right pieces, so that he can have.
Speaker 5: And I mean, what a story if it works out right, because all the hype that come coming in last year, then it's oh it failed. Well sorry, he's not over, just we just got to intermission, so hank tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert Saula was talking about that. We thought it was going to be year three for us, and basically they got it taken away. But that being said, this is a year for the program. There's reason to think on paper, at least this roster's better than it was last ye years, and they were ready. They might have been ready to take off last year.
Speaker 5: I think so, and I think yes, having those wraps with Aaron would that have helped? Absolutely, But just a year in the system, getting the language down, speaking it fluently, this year, bringing young guys along, for guys like Garrett Wilson to bring along Malachi Corley, you know who he saw flashes of today like that, Yeah, just like that. Well the punters wearing more Steed's wearing number six.
Speaker 4: Well there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: I saw number six in the stands today.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see that?
Speaker 2: Somebody?
Speaker 5: It was laundry day, I guess, and Aaron Rodgers was in the in the wash so they brought six out. I actually did a jersey swap with more Staed. Yeah, so I gave him that that jersey. I borrowed it from that nice fan whoever you are, thank you, and then we did a fake little post game jerseys.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to.
Speaker 2: I did just uh one. I told him I drafted him, and he's like, I remember, it was nice to meet you. It's funny, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't hate it, but I don't like.
Speaker 5: I like the respect from the young guys. I appreciate that. But then it's like just coming up my dad.
Speaker 3: And he is like, sir, he's stand so But with that being said, I got a chance to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Excited to you what he can do. We were talking about him.
Speaker 3: You put the ball in his hands, man, his yards have to catch and just being able to be exposed to.
Speaker 2: We got to get him in the running routes.
Speaker 3: We've got him getting used being able to catch past is fourteen yards down the field, sixteen yards down the field, twenty yards on the field.
Speaker 2: But I was watching him explosive and he listens. He's a tenant.
Speaker 3: Of course, a bunch of different people have conversations with him on the sideline and I watched him listening and watched him gage, So I'm excited to see what he has. And I called him on stage. You know, last time I called somebody on stage rest in Peace, they ended up being a big part of what we did, and that was Joe m usc So I wanted him.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited. Yeh, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Rogers, speaking of the playoffs, how much do you guys reflect what happened with you guys in the postseason and how close you were through facing him because his only Super Bowl ring came after beating the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 4: Member we lost to them. Yeah, at my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was talking to mar Scott about this the other day.
Speaker 5: Oh, we had I mean, I don't know what Aaron would say now, but our roster was easily I was good, if not better. Our defense throttled them, but we just couldn't do anything on offense, and freaking Woodson picked me off on a dank slant route that was so bad it should have been a flag. We had a couple questionable calls, a couple questionable calls, but regardless, we didn't win the game. Oh, I know, and Rex All he wanted to do was get another shot at those guys because he was pissed. I mean, you give up nine points, come on, offense. We got to figure it out, and so I felt like we were in such a better place in the playoffs. Like then we were against those guys in you know, October whenever we played them, but shoot, we were It was funny. We were just talking about like your favorite throws and catches one another, our memories together and.
Speaker 3: On that Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, I was under pressure.
Speaker 4: Hey do you guys have a top five? Well, I still think the slug o.
Speaker 5: So we used to run the fake power because we dude, we'd run Power on third and ten, pull.
Speaker 4: A guard and have two backs in the backfield. Yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 5: We would you know, turn around and I'm gonna hand off power and then there goes Braylan ripping on a slant route off the line of scrimmers on the backside to the X single receiver.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So we used to run that play all the time, and everybody was ready for it. The Colts were ready for it, and we left free Eny free on the sideline or on the end of the line of scrimmage. But Braylan just routed up the corner and I told him that was the fastest I think he ever clocked in his career. I wish we had GPS back then. I mean, there was the invention of GPS. We're not that old, but not in our pets. I think he would have hit like twenty two miles an hour or something because he was flying. And I just remember throwing that ball, watching him take off and thinking, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I like, how we manipulate it's gonna be it.
Speaker 3: I like, how Shy start getting us to manipulate the STEM releases. Like so in twenty ten we were a couple of STEM releases in scored on three of them. I think we had the STEM release outright against Miami first, actually my first.
Speaker 2: Playing the game.
Speaker 4: He throws that like spread.
Speaker 2: Touched seventy two yard touchdown. We played Buffalo.
Speaker 3: That's when we run those STEM outs, Stem out and go hit that and then we play the Broncos.
Speaker 2: So Champ Bailey outside of Hall of Fame twenty.
Speaker 4: Four took the top off and zero.
Speaker 3: It's the best dB ever played like, CHAMPI Bailey next to the Rover was the best thing you ever played like he was down in.
Speaker 2: Intelligent, he knew where you were going.
Speaker 3: He was strong, deceptively six to one, deceptively tall, long arms. Never scored on him. I couldnot score on him to save my life. That Bronco Is year. We played them Stem Release, seam Rock, cut it in, put it right, it was butt naked.
Speaker 5: Was cover zero. We had free runners. So I just kind of threw it to a spot.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, when you look across the sideline you see Antonio.
Speaker 5: I know I gave a hard time forty linebacker like all traps. Remember when he got in trouble for Nie McDonald's and warm ups? Okay, so we had a practice along. I liked yes at Hofstra so he brought out these sandwiches and recks got pissed and you know he was screaming at the defense. Dennis Thurman was mad at everybody everything usc So I said, damn crow. He looked like you could be playing linebacker. I think those cheeseburgers are catching up to you. He goes Man, he got all mad at me.
Speaker 4: So why you got to say that?
Speaker 2: Off the jump like funny story. I hosted a logo in college.
Speaker 4: No, you did not.
Speaker 2: I swear to God I did so.
Speaker 4: No wonder why he didn't go there.
Speaker 3: You know what, at the end of the day, some of years older and Crow grade wise, and he came up.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: December is like the big draft man, the big recruit weekend.
Speaker 2: He couldn't come up then, typical Crow.
Speaker 3: He came up after we played the bowl game before winter term started, so it was just he and I and we're sitting up there. We're watching film of the out back Bow where we beat Florida, and the whole time watched he was like, I'll be this guy on that. He was liked, how'd you let him catch you?
Speaker 2: He caught you.
Speaker 3: Again on this one, Like sonight, he's getting on my nerve? He was, he was, but he got mad at me. He said, where's the rest of my perdem? I said, what are you talking about? When he said, well, you know you gave me twenty, where's the other forty? I was like, well, look, man, nobody's up here right now. I had to come from Detroit to hear. It's called gas money. So we always actually just joked about that. But that's how long I know him hosting them that would have been shaken stealing there pretty am, but they made me.
Speaker 2: Come ver from it. I didn't have any money. There was n I l in two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: I had to drive up so Crow was in arbor and he said, I'm not coming here, but if I did, I take your.
Speaker 4: Yea, dude, it's way too cold. He ain't going there.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys, your schools is in the same conference.
Speaker 4: Now, what is that all?
Speaker 3: That's we got some get back get they think they owe.
Speaker 4: It's a couple.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what do you think about that USC joint?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's huge for us.
Speaker 5: I think it made sense the way these conferences are realigning, and it was right for the program at the time.
Speaker 4: I think, well, we'll see how we do.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm excited about our our our opportunities to play schools like Michigan and not wait till January first, to try and play those guys that you know, it's going to be back to back slugfests against some of these teams every week and different and different body types, different mentality of players and coaches and and schemes and stuff. So I'm that's gonna be fun. We we're gonna have plenty of work cut out for us, but I think we'll be competitive.
Speaker 1: Amazing Blue coming off.
Speaker 3: I'm championship true shout its Amazed Blue, Go Blue National.
Speaker 2: I'm excited because every time we.
Speaker 3: Play these teams, whether it's playing uh a USC, whether it's playing Oregon, whether it's playing Washington, whether it's playing an SEC school or Texas, we always got to go to the rolls ball.
Speaker 2: We always gotta go to Texas. You always gotta go down South, you always go on to West Coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on up to the Big House, on up to the Big House. But you know, all jokes aside. You're talking about a story program like USC. Like great to have them in the Big Ten. Now, Man organ and what they've done over the past, you know, ten years, ten twelve years, they've been one of the best programs. So them and Matt Lanning, I'm excited to have these schools in the Big Ten. The Big Ten is definitely taking their chance. I think they're better. They're better conference in the SEC in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they might be top to bottom, you know, like the bottom of the Big Ten. Is it better than the SEC? I think that'll be a good argument by the end of the season, how these bowl games shakeout, how these records shakeout.
Speaker 4: That'll be fun to watch.
Speaker 1: You both are thriving in this industry. So you cover not just the Jets from AFAR, but you guys know the National Football League. What do you make of the landscape the Jets face in the AFC.
Speaker 2: I'm working, He's thriving.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Mark, Well, shoot, I think things still run through Buffalo. I think a lot of question marks in New England with turnover at head coach, turnover at quarterback always going to be potential setbacks or just potential roadblocks when you start over, start fresh like that, and then Miami a ton of turnover.
Speaker 4: There as well.
Speaker 5: Defensively is the big one is how are those guys going to come back Phillips and Chubb from injuries. What's that going to look like without Howard the defensive back, Davin Howard. That's gonna be a big question mark as well. New defensive coordinator, new scheme, new language. That's always something that you need to think about. And sometimes it takes till almost bye week midway through the season where everybody's really clicking, and by then you can drop a couple of games. So I think the Jets, you know, listen, if they can, worst case you split with Buffalo, you know, steal two of the other games against New England hopefully and break that streak, and then you know Miami will be their next toughest opponent. Things are looking good to potentially, you know, tied for first, be right there at second, like they're gonna have a shot to win this thing and they're just gonna have to come out of the gates quick and stay healthy.
Speaker 3: I'm not as political. I think it's the Jets for the taking. I think it suggests for taking. You look what the Buffalo Bills have been since they made it to the FC Championship game.
Speaker 2: They've gone down each year.
Speaker 3: And I think Josh Allen, I love him as a player, but I don't know if he and Sean McDermott all right, I think, excuse me, and I think this is a pivotal year for them, and I think they've been on the decline each year. You look at what they've done in the playoffs speaks for itself. So I'm not scared of them. Patriots nowhere near scared of that. And the Miami Dolphins is very inconsistent. Like you said, if you can split with them, get one early and force them in a situation where make Miami play up north in the winter time, make Miami play here in January. Don't give them an opportunity where you got to go down in Hume in Miami in January. You want to be up here. So I like the Jets chances. I think they have enough on both sides of the ball and special teams to be the dominant force in the AFC eastfcast.
Speaker 1: The way to schedule, let's get out here with this. Well, what do you think about the way the schedule aligns San Francisco Monday Night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a well.
Speaker 2: Watched seven primetime games, correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven stand alons seven, seven stand alone single windows.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Week two, you're at Tennessee, then home opener Thursday night Football against the New England Patriots. Then you come home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you stay at home.
Speaker 1: After ten days Denver Broncos. So what I'm saying, early on in the season, you get forty nine ers. We know that they're going to be one of the teams in the league, but you have other teams that are in transition, whether it's Tennessee they got a new head coach, you have new England who is new head coach? Maybe new quarterback could be Jacoby Brissette.
Speaker 4: You got Denver.
Speaker 1: You don't know what the quarterback situation is. There's a Wilson's in over there, Minnesota. Who did you see London?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Ken game?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So I think the toughest thing that working against his travel and the unknown of those teams. You're gonna have to kind of piecemeal some of that game plan together with some of those defensive coordinators are offensive coordinators or almost like college tape from guys to try and figure out who they are by the time you see them, because it's so early when you have those teams later in the year, you have a whole body of work, a whole six, eight, ten weeks to study. These guys are gonna be fresh start for everybody. But they're saying the same thing about the Jets. So we know their defense good is good? How good is their offense? You know, everybody's got a question mark. So that first month of the season is like it's almost like March madness. You know, it's just nuts. It's all matchups it's all, you know, going down to the wire, games within a touchdown or three points, you know, And so the Jets are just gonna have to find themselves on the right side of, you know, those first four. If they could, you know, be somewhere three and one, even two and two, I would take. But three and one, you're feeling great after the first month of the season, and then once again staying healthy, that's gonna be huge.
Speaker 3: I agree one percent. I'll just stay with the first game in season samps Is. There's a lot of carry over there. Yeah, forty niners are getting a lot of credit. They don't necessarily deserve this year. No green law this year. That offensive line is not nearly the same. They really just have Trent Williams. What's going on with Brandon He's not He's not a happy camper, which causes friction. It calls a little bit of back and forth. So I think the Jets are Jets a plan at the right time. First game of the year, when the forty nine ers don't necessarily know what they are yet. I think it's the first it's it's an opportune time to play them. Yeah, it's opportune time for a comebacks.
Speaker 5: Before they get rolling one, no doubt does anyone have to see him tall the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: There you go, But that's that's a that's a really good point about Trent Williams holding out.
Speaker 2: How you Calding green Law is no longer there.
Speaker 5: We're trying to figure it out. I'm doing actually their preseason game against the Saints. So there you go, get some good info.
Speaker 4: See how we do.
Speaker 1: So hopefully by the time this errors, maybe it Son Reddick is back at one Jets rival.
Speaker 4: I have to see it all like that. That'd be big for the D line.
Speaker 1: What yeah, yeah, it's always great.
Speaker 4: I think Williams and Johnson would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Come on back there, thanks folks.