Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, Baby.
Speaker 3: Free and it is slice time for Brooklyn Boys Podcast number two ninety seven. And before Hey, I'm dated Brody. Hey, I'm Scary Jones. And Scary is not using his gold mic right now. No, it's in the repair shop, all right, it's I want to make a big announcement when it's finally uh in use. It's a work in progress right now. I'm told it may now need to be sent out. We had Jeff from our engineering staff looking at it. He unscrewed the thing and he was, you know, I'm a careful He unscrewed the thing and he couldn't fix it. That's I said, careful, it's my baby. Oh no. There were wires and things in there, and parts that I'd never seen before. I didn't know the microphones were made up of those things. But I'm the guy ever come over and clicked the red wire. But Ford explodes, dude.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was seriously like that, and then and and then he was looking at it, perform trying to perform some surgery. Put it back together again like humpty dumpty, but didn't didn't sound any better. He goes, all right, we're gonna have to send this back to the company. So I think that's the next phase, right, all right, anyway, this is the Brooklyn Boys companion companion episode. All right, this is the episode about the episode? Was that like half Spanish like compangnon episode? I don't think that's a word podcast. Yeah, yeah, this is the episode about the episode to ninety seven and before. Okay, by the way, speaking of Spanish, did you see Mexico as a new president? Yeah? What's her name? She's Jewish?
Speaker 5: He's Jewish?
Speaker 3: Right, Shineboum she is. She's Jewish, Cloudy Shinebaum Mexican. Mexico is a Jewish female president. Yes. I would make lots of jokes, but unless you Jewish won't get them. Like, for instance, the peso is now going to be made of chocolate. You get that joke? I do, because yeah, because you get gelt right. The gold coins, the gold coins chocolate Cinco de Mayo is now going to be eight nights.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a bunch of them anyway, said I sat up that night, right and I wrote like a dozen of them. We'll come see you at uh at what at chuckles at chuckles. The chuckle Patch bananas. Brodie's gonna be playing the chuckle pat I'll be I'll be a yuck yucks all week. Walk a walk is on Saturday, on Sunday, Yeah what what on Monday? Anyway? Yeah, before I get a funny stand up comedy story for the Brooklyn Boys, remind me of a comedian who doesn't recognize humor and took something I said seriously. All right, awesome. I love that. I see that in my everyday life. Anyway, these are your talkbacks. If you listen to the ihet radio app, you press the talk back button and you h you leave us feedback. If you listen to other apps, well start listening to the ont radio apps so you could be part of the and then you'd like to give your opinion, like this is what we talked about, like these people, Hey, Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 7: Is shaming from queens. But you guys already know that I'm gonna be serious for a minute, which is very unlikely. I'm right now sitting here with five stitches in my finger and a lot of fucking pain, but you guys making me laugh is helping me forget about that pain. So I just want to say that you guys have no idea how your show and what you do may help someone listening feel better. So I just wanted to say thank you for.
Speaker 8: What you did.
Speaker 3: You're well if I welcome Jamie from Queens to help your finger gets better. And that's a nice way to open up slice time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, Brooklyn Boys, it's me again, back to my normal bullshit.
Speaker 8: So last week all the nice Lifetime called scary Boozy instead of bougie. Well that's it. I guess it's official. The Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 7: Podcast with David Brody and Skiboozy Jones.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks. By the way, I see Shaboozi is playing the iHeart Radio music fest in the World. He's also going to be playing another concert for us locally sometime this summer in New York detail soon. It's either the end of Summer Bash or that, you know, one of those.
Speaker 9: Really not nice making fun of the way I say xt well aware that it's asked, sometimes it just slips out like a thought. I'm sure that you wouldn't make fun of the pronunciation of someone, let's say, from the Netherlands, and I'm very well aware of your last name. I was just wondering how you got your Jones part. By the way, Victoria from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Of course, can't forget you anyway. The way did you catch that?
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 3: It came out like a fault. It came like a thought. I love the way she says that me too. That so sex you feel like it turns me on? But you did you did explain the Jones part? I did? Yeah, basically Joel was it? My friend Joel in homeroom basically started everybody with Jones in their last name. Hey, so and so Jones, so and so Scary Jones, right, I would have been I would have been Brody Jones, right, Brodie Jones, Brodie Jones. Yeah. Hey, he used to walk up the you know, he used to get out of his seat and be unruly. What's he doing now?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: I should look him up, look him up, tell him he changed the court. I told you this last week. He changed the court of American radio. He was like, hey again, it's me coming on.
Speaker 2: I'm listen to here to this last time for two night of six and we're talking about the gasoline crap. You know, if Scary can afford to pay a little bit extra for the convenience of not waiting in line or having a drive all around town to save five for six bucks, maybe even ten. Let him that's what he wants to do. It's about convenience also, okay, so mind.
Speaker 3: Your own goddamn business, all right, he's defending me. I love the the trucker loves me, and I love the truck the way. Premium gas today near me was four oh five. When up, yo, you pay four sixty. Yeah, but it went up from last time. You were calling it three something. Now it's not four or five. It's going up.
Speaker 2: And for your information, scariest car dost take the higher octane casoline and he's doing the rat thing. He's following the manufacturer specifications.
Speaker 5: Good job, Scary.
Speaker 2: I bet your brother's probably got a steal in his basement and he's trying to manufacture his own gasoline to save a couple of dollars a year. And there he thinks he's Louis past tour or something and cheap pasted.
Speaker 3: I am not cheap. I'm good with money and I wanted to get ship gas in my charge. Hogs Hiccup, Scrotty.
Speaker 10: Scary and Brody Brody and scary Scoady Donnie from ct and that's Donnie, not Donnie or Dayton, as Brody has been calling me for the past couple of well next because you Mumby like the Rocky, I can't matter what your name is anyhow. After my talk back today, Brody is going to hate me because the show is Scary and Brody, I hate you. Think about it. Scary's pivotal role as the host of the Brooklyn Boys podcast is marked by his consistent presence as the primary condu went for welcoming the slices, his name takes presidents and podcast imagery, and his portrait occupying the coveted leftmost position. Though he may exude an air of bougie refinement, Scary's tenure predates the inception of the Brooklyn Boys podcasts, rendering him as an indomitable force within its realm. Apologies to Brody, but in this orchestration of voices, he inevitably finds himself relegated to and any doubts, just ask yourself, what would Yon Mobley do?
Speaker 3: Fair question? It's a fair question. I liked that. I'm going to save that one that's on your tombstone. I'm going to play that tire exit any time I'm feeling glum, if I'm feeling down, Yeah, I'm gonna play that one. Thank you so much, Donnie.
Speaker 2: Guess I'm gonna go ahead and tell you why I think the phrase no way hoo they may be offensive to certain people or sound offensive.
Speaker 3: The freason is the word away.
Speaker 2: There's a similar word in the Spanish language spelled b u e y pronounced way, but most of the time it's pronounced way.
Speaker 11: And that word.
Speaker 3: Is used to refer to somebody as stupid.
Speaker 12: So if you find yourself using the phrase no way holy and depending on who hears you, they might take it the wrong way and think that you're saying no stupid, you have just might get your ass kicked. Okay, so be careful, don't miss way stupid things that you don't know what to mean.
Speaker 3: All right, now, wait a minute, what if I'm saying no stupid like no, no, you're not stupid. No stupid here could be taken both ways, Brody, No, I don't. That's the stretch that was. That was a major l stretch. Oh is what that was? That's by the way, Spanish for the stretch.
Speaker 13: Right, Brody, You're able to get more power, but you have an engine that's twice the size to get to that power. Love it in the sense of like BMW can make an engine that's you know, a three liter twin turbo that can make almost the same power or the same power as a Dodge charger with a five liter V.
Speaker 3: Eight, you know, five point seven. He's got a point Okay, but that just means he has a smaller engine and it's powerful. But he has to put I understand why his car needs more gas. I'm just higher octane. I'm just saying I wouldn't buy a car if I had to spend more money on gas, right, But I prefer a BMW to your.
Speaker 4: Ford.
Speaker 3: You think I drive a Ford or Chevy? Try again, Oh, Dodge, But they're all the they're all that same pit, They're all that They're all I mean, Am I right? And we come on? No, you're not right. Chevy is a Ford? Is a Dodge if you're thinking about it versus so a BMW is a Mercedes, is a Lexus? Maybe who is sponsor? Is that week you're in that same you know whatever? Anyway, Oh yeah, buy Americans. I'm sorry, I'm actually okay, here I go. No, I want to tell you about American cars. Here comes the slices of shitting on me. Anyone who drives one of those is going to be like, oh, scure, your a bougie, Why you about my American car? Even though the parts are made in Mexico and the engine is assembled in Canada. The word Dodge is American Dodge, and the tires are good Year, and the rims I'm pretty sure were made in America. At least thirty percent of that car is American. God bless America, thank you. The final car was assembled in Compari about to the Japanese, the Germans and anyone else, the Italians even American made. Okay, I get it, but it's a lot of pride there, America. I understand. I love you, But your BMW's manufactured in America. Also, they all have factories here. Now, oh so there you go. So then nobody could could get me on that one. Then well the money gets kicked back to Germany. Though I don't know. Dodge is owned by uh Stalantis, which is Italian, so I technically have an Italian car whose parts are made in Mexico, engine assembled in Canada. But again, American car, America. I'll meet the ship on American Cars. Sorry slices. Yeah, that was it. That was scary the the podcast.
Speaker 11: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Nick from Washington State. I'm hoping the audio is decent to all the listeners. Judging Scary Jones about his choices for gas stations just leaves the guy alone.
Speaker 10: He shops at Whole Foods.
Speaker 11: He goes to vacation in Amsterdam and Spain, Belize and all that shit. I'm sure he can afford them gas. He'll be all right. And continuing topic of the gas fiasco or the gas station fiasco, David Brody, I understand you're trying to look for deals. You got three kids, you know, you try to save money. You don't work for iheard no more. It's understandable you're trying to look for a deal. You're a frugal you know, in the in the very good way of it. But yo, people, just Scary Jones. He's not gonna fucking drive twenty minutes to another gas station. Fuck, no, you guys are crazy. Hey Brooklyn boys, this is Nick against for Washington State. Hey, Scary, don't go to that gas station again where the person didn't have a fucking change. I don't give a fuck if it's ten cents, well, twenty five cents.
Speaker 5: Fuck that guy. They should have no business with you.
Speaker 11: This is not a good customer service because guess what, you're the customer at gas station and they're supposed to provide your customer service. Goddamn fucking I'm sending this talk back just in case my other one will get.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 11: Hey, Nick, this is This is Nick from Washington Jones. Don't go to that gas station again, brother, Thank you. Fuck these people there was so rude to you. Every gas station workers suppose to the first time. It doesn't matter if it's ten cents, five cents, twenty five cents, it doesn't matter. They're supposed to give you your change back. It's a fucking lie that he has no change, right. Don't go there again, man, fuck him.
Speaker 3: Appreciate, I appreciate. Look at him. He's very twenty three cents, but he won't drive a few miles to save three dollars a tank. Time. Time is money, man, The time is money. Money is done.
Speaker 11: Hey Brooklyn boys, this is the message for all the listeners giving those cheap prices and advice to drive in the middle of fucking nowhere. Listen, I live in Washington State, about an hour away from Seattle regular regular gas, which cost about four bucks and twenty cents four bucks and thirty cents in Seattle, ittelf regular costs five dollars and I don't even know how much the fucking premium costs.
Speaker 3: But hey, it is what it is.
Speaker 11: Every This is nigg again from Washington State to the listener who said skater Jones should go to Staddlebrook or Sallybrook whatever that shit is again, you guys are out of your mind if you take scared Jones are gonna go in the middle of nowhere just to get gas for his bmw Okay, you guys are you guys are tripping?
Speaker 10: Game's going too far.
Speaker 11: He's gas station used to be near Whole Foods or near John Varvader store or some shit.
Speaker 3: He scary girls. Oh man, I think you should.
Speaker 11: Shut around for a good credit card that has cash back and the rewards option for gas. So this when you buy gas, you buy it with a credit card which you will pay off obviously in a month, and you get something in return. Plumping stupid ship like gas.
Speaker 3: Gay men brother. Wow. He finally rests his case. Eight talkbacks later he got his point across. You sure did. Hey, this is Nick from Washington State.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: There was a listener who didn't mention his name and left a message saying BMW is a garbage car. My friend, BMW will never be a garbage.
Speaker 3: Car, ultimate driving machine. Okay, tell them some things.
Speaker 5: Are just different.
Speaker 11: Some people prefer new Portmantel and that's fine, and some people prefer cigars.
Speaker 8: That's okay too.
Speaker 3: They're both bad for your health. But all right, Wow he was on a tear today.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Hey brodye Andre scary many here are you going with the if you should if you guys should have on this TV show producer or movie producer, the one that has I think I was on peacocky head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you should.
Speaker 5: Definitely have him.
Speaker 14: Have him on first of all to grill him about the question about the fuck up that he made while asking the question, or maybe he didn't, maybe he did it.
Speaker 5: On purpose.
Speaker 14: And also I definitely think you guys should have on this friend of yours that came out as By on the radio. And I think if he came out on the radio that he's By and an open relationship game you already Yeah, he won't have an issue asking answering questions. I think maybe asking before the podcast, or just surprise him like he surprises co host. Just call him up on the next podcast. Or maybe if he if he listens to the podcast and Slice Time, well he might answered it for yourself. I don't know if he listened.
Speaker 3: He does not. By the way, in honor of Moknockem, I present to you two more jokes. In honor of the Jewish President of Mexico, Red Sangria will now be uh Man of Schevitz. When you order red Sangria right man of Schevitz. Wine and the Sun in Spanish is pronounced soul sol. It will now be referred to as Saul s a U l Hi. Better call Saul. Oh my god.
Speaker 15: Brooklyn boys, this is David from Connecticut, originally from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: It's been a while since I hit you guys up.
Speaker 15: Driving that ship was hilarious Hei songs and I love it, you bougie, motherfucking bastard Scarry Jones. Brooklyn boys, it's me David again from Connecticut, originally from the Bronx. I wasn't gonna say ship, but I love Slice Time. I love the trucker, love all the voices, Love you guys. The ship is awesome. And keep it going, guys, Brody, keep going with those AI slice for life all right, they want more spots.
Speaker 3: Brody, What I can do?
Speaker 8: Reggie here with the feedback? Yes, you should have that guy on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 8: You know it won't hurt Okay, do it for the publicity and for the oral.
Speaker 3: I was waiting. It's Reggie. Of course. Reggie always has something something quick and snarky to say at the very end. I don't think either one of us wants oral from this guy. But I just know what you're saying.
Speaker 13: I aren't connow from South Florida, I forgot. I wanted to mention. I have a friend who works for a gas pumping company. Now what they actually make the gasps? They saw the Chevron Costco Shell. They basically make all the gas pumps for the entire country. They service them, they do everything. And he told me that there actually are better gas stations because they clean the filters out more often. So he says that Shell and Costco are actually the cleanest gas you can get.
Speaker 8: They are the best at maintaining their station.
Speaker 3: Shell right, but what if an independent guy owns a shell station and he's a slob and doesn't cleanest filters? Costco gas, costco gas. Who knew it's like thirty cents a gall in less than other places. Oh, twenty cents the best. Okay, you have to drive to find one. But oh if you're a member, oh boy, it's worth it. Scary four. I'm not not driving to find one. If one is under my nose, I'll get the right one in your neighborhood.
Speaker 16: But there is.
Speaker 3: I'm saying there's one not that far from where I am.
Speaker 7: Hey Forrickle Boys, it's me again. Brody was talking about that I asshole on Facebook talking about the book. Well, my dad's been a book collector of many decades, and he said, unfortunately, there are booksellers that are just like that guy. My dad knew a guy who tricked someone into buying a book for three hundred dollars from the book was only worth thirty dollars. So the guy decided that he would then start selling the books for three hundred dollars apiece. Because one guy spent three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm completely confused there. He's ripping people off listen. If that's your industry, you know, and you become a popular and successful bookseller from you buying used books, there's a reason why you're successful.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean get what. You made a lot of money, so you know you're you're basically a shyster, right, But don't be this. Don't be the pricks. You're not gonna get more than forty four dollars with a book. She's turning one. Yep, yeap, all right, thank you so much, Jamie.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Jamie Brooklyn.
Speaker 11: Boys, this is Nick from Washington State, previous president of benson Hurst Brooklyn. A note regarding episode two ninety seven debacle about Utah Detroit, New York, New Haven tizza David Brody, I mean new Haven, Connecticut is East coast. Look up, you know what, Google Just google that ship. There's a lot of italent people out there. I'm like Utah.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is very true now, David.
Speaker 11: Brody, regarding Utah argument and the New Haven, Connecticut pizza argument.
Speaker 8: It's still East Coast, man. They have good pizza.
Speaker 10: I don't know if they are better than New York.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I ain't gonna say that, but don't be eating Utah I've been in Utah. Trust me, you don't want to eat pizza in Utah.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then I should I think I think you missed the whole point. Nick. I never said Connecticut pizza wasn't very it wasn't good. It's very good. It's just not, in my opinion, better than New York. And to say it's East Coast, I'm sorry, Philadelphia, your pizza is not not great, Boston, your pizza is not great. So New York, New Jersey, Yeah, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut fine, but right, But he was trying to say, yeah, My point was scary was you can't say scary told me, I can't say pizza is not good if I've never had it, I shouldn't assume. So I said, scary, have you had pizza in Utah you think it's good? He's like, no, I said, I proved my point. So you can, based on an area, assume you're not gonna get a great chicken palm in Idaho. That doesn't mean there isn't one place in Idaho that makes good chicken palm, but for the most part, they're not the chicken palm capital of the world, and they good at other things. I'll get back to you on what. But he's trying to say that Utah is not known for pizza, but who knew Haven is. So it's in the conversation and you just compared apples and oranges. No, my point, I was making an analogy that you can assume on occasion whether something's gonna be good or not, whether you try it or not. Hey, listen to some of the best pizzas we tried at that pizza fest up in the Bronx were from Denver. Go figure that out. Cherry peppy pizza from Denver and Las Vegas. Las Vegas and Denver. Look, Las Vegas and Denver have what Las Vegas brings in people from all over the world, so they must have some good pizza makers. But you would. I'm there's a pizza festival coming up. Should we talk about on the Brooklyn Boys? Yeah? Wait for Brooklyn Boys? All right? In June, We're going to as a pizza festival in New Jersey. Yep, central New Jersey.
Speaker 10: Hey, this is central part question.
Speaker 17: You write parodies, You're writing the words, but are you writing the music too? Like do you write the beat? I guess is where I'm asking and part two is when you do it with the AI, do you then have to tell them the music too? Or are they just picking the music?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me answer that. In order for something to be a parody, you have to use the original music. So I don't write the music. I'm using the original person's music or a knockoff version of the original music that someone created. And then I changed the words. That's that's the basis of a parody as far as the AI no. I write the words and I tell them what genre, and then it spits out. It creates the music and the singer's voice and the instrumentation and everything. And then you know, I probably do like ten. I picked the best five or six and then we play them on the podcast. But that's something anybody could do. I just I write the phrasing and the rhyming and all that. I write the songs that make the whole world sing. Interestingly enough, you know, Barry Manilo made a huge hit out of that song. I write the songs, and Ron Johnston wrote that song. Look it up. Fun fact? Is that fun fact?
Speaker 6: That's called boys Podcast?
Speaker 3: All Right, we got more talkbacks. We're flying through the Yeah, we have a lot of talkbacks to plow through. So we're just trying to keep the in between talk at a minimum. Oh so I should shut up, is what you're saying. No, no, we're doing a great job. No woman asked me you a question. I got to get an answer. Oh no, no, I've got a problem with that. Come on, we comment where we want to m.
Speaker 5: Benning from Brooklyn.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Uh, I just wanted to say I love the tripe. It's fantastic. My grandfather used to make it with a spicy red sauce. The best thing is more Sicilian thing, but so fantastic.
Speaker 20: And tongue.
Speaker 3: My wife is Mexican.
Speaker 19: We have tongue tacos all the time. They're fantastic too. You just got to know how to cook. It stinks to high hell when you're cooking it, though.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm going I love to put my tongue in a taco. I'm sat here sorry, by the way, I just want to jump in here. I want to shout out to Kate Kettle. What Kate Katel k E T T E l L. She sent me the menu, which is Hi David Brody on Instagram. Just wanted to show you this Mexican restaurant where I'm from that serves tripe and tongue tacos. Tripe tacos too. They have tripe tacos and tongue tacos. Uh and you can have yeah, all kind no Paul Ranch, Arrow, Cameron fish, come on, coming on. I guess it's shrimp. But yeah, they have tripe. It's t r I p a tripa tapa and lengua l e n. I assume it's tongue linguistics language his tongue. Yes, yeah, so that they have tongue tacos and burritos. Is it finger licking good? That should be their logo should be there? Uh well no, it's you licking good. You reading the tongue. No no, no, no, no, no no no, the food that licks you back.
Speaker 19: Living from Ohio, I sent you guys five tests, says val dance, lots toilet, and I'm telling you none of them came through.
Speaker 5: Nothing happened.
Speaker 3: My name is Liah.
Speaker 5: Nothing came through. Well, this one's spend six months.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you mean. You sent us five texts.
Speaker 5: You're here for me?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well thank you here it is me talkbacks instead of text talkbacks yeah, well, I'll tell you what. Unfortunately, that's the one that decided to come through ah the Wayeah, not the ones. Well, the other ones are in the past, so I should probably and we we actually they delete after like fifteen to twenty five days, thirty days or something like that. But so anyway, so leave us some new talkbacks. Comment on some new dialogue that we're having here, like, uh, this one from episode two ninety six.
Speaker 21: Hey, Brody and Scary, Scary and Brody, this is Maria from Union City. I'm listening to episode two ninety six is lifetime. You all are talking about the gas prices. Scary, I'm in Union City. I pay uh three dollars and twenty nine cents for cash for regular night off and Kennedy, it's a Delta bye.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, Delta Delta gas not one of the big three brand names. That's uh can't read. That's the Yeah, that's the uh the Fie out of gasoline, the Spirit Airlines of gas. Yeah, it's the that's the one that has like the the the pumps are so old they have like the the the numbers and analog numbers that the black and white numbers roll around like a slot machine, Delta Gas. My god, when they give you the credit card, they have to put in the machine and they hand slice it. Yeah. Also, for years there was a place on Route one and nine in Jersey City called Easy Gas. Yeah, the logo which don't live in the northeast. You know, it's like sun Pass. It's like that kind of thing, you know. Yeah, And it was right across the street from all the hourly hotels. Yeah, not free HBO. Not buying gas there. Sorry, but okay, I get it. Gases gas for some you knew you knew you and near like hourly rates slutty hotels because when the guy pumped the gas, he would take it out right at the at the end and then spraad it all over your car. Yeah. And I know I come off like a bougie asshole because I'm denouncing Delta Gas, but I can't use gas. Is it good or what I mean? Well, it's nice because if you can get the end knock to sound like the music you're playing, it fits in when you cause going like curly no adulta see.
Speaker 4: Brooklyn Boys, Brody and Scary, Scary and brody.
Speaker 22: This is Kelsey from Texas commenting on episode two ninety seven about the tongue. So in Mexican cuisine, we actually do make tacos out of that.
Speaker 3: I don't now.
Speaker 22: I've never tried them. They're called tacos de lingua. I've heard they're very good, but there's nowhere in my area.
Speaker 4: That could get it. You'd have to go directly into Mexico to get it. But I learned very young. If you like a meat, don't ask what it is. Love you, guys.
Speaker 3: That's a great way of God.
Speaker 13: You know what.
Speaker 3: It's a healthy attitude.
Speaker 16: Ladies.
Speaker 3: Just remember I love that you're like meat. Don't ask too many questions. Ask. And by the way, Kelsey right, was it Kelsey called? Yeah? She has an animation voice. She's also anime. I think she's wearing one of those head pieces with the the mouth microphone, like like like Pilot's use and stuff, and like the old Britney spears mic when she young Britney. This is what's going on here?
Speaker 16: I like it.
Speaker 3: She sounded great, that good audio. No, I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 18: Like it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to try tongue tacos now. I'm curious, Tripe, not so much, not on my own tacos tongue tacos.
Speaker 23: Good morning. This is Kirian from Telford, PA talking about episode two ninety seven.
Speaker 19: Kiri in La.
Speaker 23: I'm going to say the title is pretty awesome. Brody got some tongue at six.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 23: I got that Scary was the only one that got tongue at six from his second cousin that Bardy would say, you had it with more than one slice for life.
Speaker 5: Good guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that's a good That's one of my favorite jokes. He's my second cousin cousins.
Speaker 24: Hey, b boys, it's Riska from Brooklyn Brody. I just wanted to comment on episode tune ninety seven where that book you saw th the guy was like, oh, you're never going to make more than forty dollars or forty five or whatever it was, and then you sold it for seventy one.
Speaker 8: He wantaged him. I fucking love that. That was fucking hilarious.
Speaker 24: I sell on Poshmark and sometimes people will comment and be like I can get it, I can get it for even less than this, and I'm like, so go fucking get it, Like, yeah, I don't understand the purpose of sending me a message saying like I can get it for less or you're never going to make more. What's the fucking point you lie my shit, or you don't, or leave me the tuk alone, you know. So Brodie, the fact that you messaged him showing him that you sold it for seventy one, Oh my.
Speaker 8: God, chef's kiss. That was fucking amazing. I love you.
Speaker 3: You've got your justice. I have to say, rifka. Obviously I believe Jewish from Brooklyn. With my attitude about people on I feel a kindid spirit in the air. Yeah, and then she cursed. It's perfect. My god, Brody, you might get yourself a second wife before I'll go with the one I'm going to shore.
Speaker 24: Just saying, and I get hebe boys, it's riff. Just commenting on the tongue, hopefully. Monocha'al also comments on that growing up, that was a delicacy. That was a special tree. And I love tongue. I also, you know, had it when I was really young. So when I was older and I realized when I saw it in the case, you know, at the butcher, that it's like actually a big slab of like a big tongue that horrified.
Speaker 3: That's right, yep.
Speaker 24: So yeah, it's it's funny when you actually find out what things actually are.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I just had to comment on the tongue. That's hilarious. I still eat it.
Speaker 24: Once in a while, but that shit is expensive anyways, Love you guys.
Speaker 3: By me as I said, I worked at a primarily Jewish deli, and that's exactly what it looked like. It was a big giant fucking thing and we would just put on the slicing machine and sell it at a very high price. Well, yeah, there's only one tongue and a cow. It's you know, yeah, like it is a delicacy, but it's crazy all those years I never tried it. You know what delicacy means, right, It's a fucking weird thing. Some people like that's what it means. It's like when you go to to India that I'm I can be wrong, but like the chocolate comed crickets or whatever. Yeah, it's a delicacy. Like when you use that word ship, Yeah, when you use that word, you can also get you get to charge double right when you use It's like when you make an artisan bread artisan, it's already triple. It's fucking bread. It's artisan bread artisan. Nope, you just put a higher cost. Somebody hand painted.
Speaker 11: What's going on over there, Steve from the Bronx, your favorite brod always, So.
Speaker 25: This is for Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx On Maddie, Steve, I love your sick vessel. Maybe we should get together and that soul. Nothing but love, Maddie. Yeah, and just to fresh your memory, you.
Speaker 3: Call me out first. That's why I bring what a smack baby over there? Now with that Ai, it sounded so lifelike bringing it back with a smack rock and Steve from Rock.
Speaker 26: And carried William from Alana.
Speaker 5: That might be a little bit country.
Speaker 27: But in two ninety three when Brode said forty eight bagels at the cost of twenty three dollars shipping comes out to a dollar sixty three per bagel, almost ran off the damn road going down the highway. Dude, that's less than fifty of bagel.
Speaker 3: Really, all right, thank you Bill? All right, you might have had some. Yeah, he's got a point. I guess I was mentally doing it the opposite way. It's okay, you'll bring much right too quickly. Sometimes I got a freezing full of bagels though bitch boys scary.
Speaker 20: But in episode to ninety seven, coincidentally, my friend and I just went to Chipotle a couple of days ago for a girl's day and they they loaded us up really really nice, except for lettuce, which actually I like.
Speaker 8: But when I do get orders delivered, they seem to be okay. Slice for life.
Speaker 20: Hope you guys have a good week.
Speaker 5: Love you.
Speaker 24: I was not filming.
Speaker 20: I forgot to add that. I'm now I'm wondering it's coincidentally a word.
Speaker 8: But if it isn't, I am sure you will correct me.
Speaker 3: Brody's work, Sure it's a word. If you said coincidentiously, that's not a word. So I guess her point was she didn't have to film to get some hearty portions. Yeah, but you notice now on TikTok everybody's doing bits with like filming people and POV videos and yes, giant cameras. Yeah love that hilarious.
Speaker 28: Started this so not soy and macho came ma co the lampires building a Kia style hator somewhere is the.
Speaker 2: Best sonnier donas such a provate guy, nade this song with hey Eyes.
Speaker 5: Podcast. We hope you oys.
Speaker 11: What was.
Speaker 5: Machico Lombre Lombre.
Speaker 28: I can't start the best hits off this summer from the top of the Empire State Building.
Speaker 29: Gooee is the best sonns.
Speaker 3: It's a provate guy made this song with they eyes.
Speaker 5: Podcast.
Speaker 3: We hope you all right? Thank you that Kwan Valdez check Swan He's back baby, Hey.
Speaker 5: Broken boy, Bahammad this and so all this Broadian scary.
Speaker 30: So I was watching David Brothers Instagram story and I sold the bagel and I asked them where's the rest of the bagel?
Speaker 5: Because I need me the rest of the bagel?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 5: Also?
Speaker 28: Where am I gonna put enough Christchies two feet three people?
Speaker 3: Where put it?
Speaker 5: I can't put it there?
Speaker 16: That's a.
Speaker 3: Definitely, that's right. You should. They should actually take some money off for the hole. Will I will say the Canadian bagels from Fairmount Bagel very tasty, but the hole was a little bigger than I would bro. Do you need a discount on the whole because of the hole? Because of the whole, the bigger the hole, the bigger the discount desert because of the hole, and then you can get your tongue taco. The bigger the the bigger the hole, the bigger. Did they used to say that about a girl from the Bronx. No disrespect, Uh, the bigger the hoop, disrespect, the bigger the root, the bigger the hoop, the bigger the hoe on the on the earring. I never said that I respect women. Well, no, that's what was said the biggest bron girls from the Bronx when I was growing up, when you were growing up, back when people saying all the things about women. Yeah, the bigger the hoop, the bigger the whole.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it. I didn't make it up. I didn't invent it so far you said it four times. I said it because it's what I heard. I didn't say. I didn't make it up? What did you You think I'm that clever? Oh, I'm sorry. It's AI scary making jokes. Hey, can I tell you a funny story without mentioning any names. Yeah, So a cump a radio company, about two months ago unveiled Ai Ashley. A DJ completely Ai that she was hosting her own show, and they were and and a DJ at the station voiced it right. She put in them. She typed it up. She she used her voice to be AI. Her name was Ashley. They did it. They created an AI Ashley so that Ashley this AI could host a radio show. They're like, how great is that? And so people were like, dude, you're gonna kill your own business. You're you're gonna you're gonna lose your own job. Don't don't create an AI version of yourself. Anyway, that radio company laid off like fifty people around the country did. And I'm like, oh, well that's what happens. Thank you. You know, you're all excited about promoting your company with AI and all of a sudden, he I replaced you. You got it. Thank you Alpha Media for helping to ruin radio Amedia. We don't work for them.
Speaker 30: And so was burning scary, so scary Jones. I saw David Brody tried the Canadian bagels and that was great.
Speaker 3: But there's ship bagos.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I wouldn't buy them. I wouldn't eat them, I wouldn't enjoy them. There are shaggos keeping in Canada. He stay over there and leave my New York, New Jersey beg and so Is brought in a scary if it happened to be in Canada, and all you have is Canadian bagels. He's ripping, ripping, and they say the best bagels.
Speaker 3: Do not fear.
Speaker 5: Travel to New York, Own, New Jersey, whatever was cheaper and have a real bagel. Have a real bagel with enough cream cheese.
Speaker 3: Two three people, Okay, thank you, Juan Faldez Wan Feldez, coming back home, coming backstraw.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, it's me again one more time. Just trying to get banned from the podcast. So skir it can find a tack the car shop. And well, anyway, I wanted to weigh in and the whole tongue thing. You know, ever since I can remember, it's been a tradition here in South Texas for people to eight Barbara CoA on the weekend, especially on Sunday when everybody is hungover.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna tell you what that is to hold on your horses.
Speaker 18: So what that is.
Speaker 5: It's the whole entire cow's head.
Speaker 2: What they do they wrap it up, put it in an oven, usually at a bakery, and then they cook it all not long and in the morning they take it out of the oven and they shred all the meat out, the cheek, meat, the tongue, everything, eye, all even get the brains out, and some people even like to eat the eyeballs. And when they shred everything up, you know, they sell everything by the pound, so you know a lot of people go there.
Speaker 16: And they specifically as for tongue. You don't get a pound of tongue, and you know it's really good stuff. It's all shredded up, so you can't tell its tongue. You know, get it and make yourself some tackposts. Put some piquo to guy, or some guacamole and not wuak. I hate that word walk. It's a booty way of saying juacamole anyway. And some people even like to eat the eyeballs. I don't like the eyeballs anyway. We do that here in South Texas and it's a very good thing.
Speaker 5: I recommend it. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because the only barberico I know is what they offered a Chipotle, and I could almost guarantee they don't use that in those ingredients. I think barbico is only in spirit, it's only in name. I doubt that they're using cow's head. But if that's where the authentic barbaricoa is, brody, would you try it? Would you try it, go down to South Texas and get the real deal barbaricoa No, because barbarica is just Spanish for barbecue, and barbecue is whatever you decide to cook barbecue style. So that's just one one thing that that that they Texas barbecue steak. So it's right. But I'm saying so so you're saying that chicken beef, they could all be. That could be barbara chicken and a barbecue, but barbecue, that's not barbarica.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: He the barbecoa top Danish for barbecue. Yes, but barbicoa taco is refers to specific type of taco, like like like beeria. What the uh what is it Portuguese the beerian, the beria, tacos, beeria, they all have the specific type of meat. No, No, I'm looking at the definition of a barbicoa taco. It's a tacos barbecued meat in it. So he meats used, beef, pork, lamb goat. Barbeca it means barbecue, so it could be anything. Yes, all right. Barbico is typically made out of tougher cuts of meat that require long, slow cooking times. Okay, got it. I'm doubt Chipotle is using cow's head. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 31: Brody's scary, scary, and Brody It's dead. I am commenting on the Chipotle thing. Listen, there's been times where I've ordered through the app, I get there and then I get it back to my desk at work. I'm sitting there and I look down and there's no steak, like I always order a steak bowl. So they do have that chat with Pepper thing through the app. So if they jack up your order, you could be like, listen, I got back here and there's just veggies, and you get your money fully refunded. So if anyone's looking for, you know, them to make it right, that's the way that.
Speaker 3: Just chat continuing with Pepper.
Speaker 31: Literally gotten my money fully refunded without even talking to anyone, without doing anything except letting them know that there was no steak. So it's like, if I'm paying for steak, I want my steak, you know what I mean. Like, I don't mind the veggie option, but that's.
Speaker 3: Not what I ordered.
Speaker 31: And it's happened to me too where I've ordered chips there's no chips, or I ordered case there's no case.
Speaker 3: So you know, if you guys are looking for Chipotle to make, you know, give me some free dessert, then that's what's up. The app is super responsive. Love that she'll get to pick up buy it in person and look them in the eye. That's all you need to do, make nice conversation with them with a camera.
Speaker 26: Hey, Brody, scary, this semester's scary. It's William from Atlanta. So I had something similar to your aunt with a sea when I bounced the nightclub. Some woman early in the night put her hand off my face when she was with her friends. When I walked over and told her to move out of the way, I you know, being me, licked her hand when she put it in my face, so she wanted.
Speaker 3: To get up on the face.
Speaker 26: So I picked her up and carried he out of the club and banned her from the club for this tonight.
Speaker 3: That's great wave, nice handling.
Speaker 14: Hey Brody, and scary many here.
Speaker 5: You're damn right.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna leave a talk back about tongue liver, all the yummy.
Speaker 3: Jewish, delicious jewish.
Speaker 14: Maybe you guys don't it, maybe Brody doesn't need it anymore, but I sure do some delicious thinly sliced tongue. It's like it has like a it's not buttery, but like very like it's delicious.
Speaker 5: You have to try and bro that.
Speaker 14: You wait, it was probably the man of Chevet's herring, which isn't I wouldn't eat it either. But nowadays, at least in the Hasidic communities, there's some good good herrings. There's some good chopped liver, regular liver. There's something that you make with the knee bones.
Speaker 5: Basically you.
Speaker 14: You simmer it, you similar and that you simmer it.
Speaker 18: In the pot with garlic and a ship load of other spices, and it's like it comes out of liquid. And then you put it on the refrigerator over and it becomes like a jello, like like an email and you put that on a cracker and it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Or what else I should bring you.
Speaker 5: Good delicious Jewish?
Speaker 14: I could give you a whole list of delicacies that are delicious that you know what I've heard of.
Speaker 3: I'm Jewish.
Speaker 18: It's probably gonna take up another like ten talkbacks, which I'm not gonna do now, but for you love a lot of talkbacks. Oh yeah, so we love to stuff here for now, especially if there's something else I want to chime in, all right, but yeah, yeah I should.
Speaker 14: I should bring over some good okay Jewish delicacy.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the.
Speaker 3: Stream of conscious. I was going to give off talkbacks, but for you six eight talkbacks. I'm thinking out loud as I'm talking back and yeah, one clean, all right, thank you Anonymous. That was one, wasn't it? No, that wasn't That wasn't one. But that was the real song. The Boys are back in Town, yes by Finn Lizzie, Yeah, thank you, or bon Jovi did a remake, but that was thin. Lizzie Now.
Speaker 32: From Lancaster, PA. I'm just listening to your recent episode. Like you guys are talking about coming down to Shady Maple. Definitely, it must go be prepared, go there hungry and tell them it's your birthday.
Speaker 8: You'll get the free breakfast.
Speaker 3: Buffet or lost buffet coupon or whatever it is.
Speaker 32: I don't know, but as Chinese food, you're going to have to come into.
Speaker 3: Ednit City for that, all right, in the city, in the city wide.
Speaker 32: Yeah, Lancolson County is known for your amish, so you want to come into the city where it's like more urban and cars. The Chinese food is more authentic, like really really good compared to the outskirts of Lancason County.
Speaker 3: All right, in my opinion, point I take it. When you were in junior high school, you remember studying about the Asian migration to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They came over in boats to feed the find a better life for America, and they all ended up in Lancaster. Well, listen, I trust his judgment because he's from of course, although curious people from Lancaster, St. Lancaster. He's saying, Hey, I'm from Lancaster, so, uh is it Lancaster or Lancaster. I think maybe he moved there. Yeah, maybe that. I'm assuming he was to say it that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he's a big fan of Burt Lancaster, the actor, and he's like it was called that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is Vicky from Cleveland, Ohio, born and raised in New Jersey.
Speaker 8: Slights for life, Sorry in the summer.
Speaker 31: Definitely.
Speaker 17: Espresso by Sabrina Carfon's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and it's great. I agree. We're trying to do a partnership between Espresso and our friends at Delongi. We're gonna see if we can make that happen, because it's dum hit the jingle, bitch, what hit the jingle? Because I know Delongey's a sponsor. Hey, Sabrina Corvert has a number one song in the country right now, and it's called Espresso. Doesn't matter, it's not called DeLonge And by the way, I think she should get what's the Shabuzzi and she should be Shabrina. So last year we barely had any choices for song of Summer. Right now, I can name five songs that I think. He said there was none. No, I did not. No, I did not listen back. I said, maybe Illusion by Dual Lipa. The Shabuzzi song is coming up. I just mentioned Sabrina. I did not. I neglected to mention Sabrina. In my mind, I wanted to mention it. I knew there was another one that couldn't think of at the time. It was it is Espresso by Sabrina. And I'll tell you this, it's about two other songs that are still on the radar. Yes, well, we're gonna say Sabrina Carpenter story. We had her on the show once. I don't know seven eight, nine years ago and she was still a relatively new artist. But I knew her from a Disney channel wherever I knew her from, and uh, I enjoyed her music with my kids, loved her, and I said, hey, you know what it was like the week at jingle Ball. I said, you know, I'm going to see you at jingle Ball. You're at the pre show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. My kids are going to be there. Oh my god, I can't wait to meet your kids. You know I have three daughters, Like, I can't wait to meet your girls. Whatever, right, So we go to the meet and greet to meet Sabrina Carpenter. We get on the line, you know, at the end of the line, she sees me, remembers me from the Morning show, comes running over to me and her heels Oh my god. Yeah, gives me a huge hug, and then says where are your girls? And my girls lit up. They were like, oh my god. That was back when my kids thought I was cool. My point is, Sabrina Copper is a doll. She's the best. I'm a big fan. All these years later, she just played Ze one hundred jingle Ball a few months ago, and she's on a show, and Yell and I were standing backstage. We're chilling back there, and she comes walking by with her entourage. Now you know when you when you're walking by, you're walking, you're doing the war. Focus, You're focused, right, She walks past us, she doubles back to give a hug and a kiss to both me and y She is that girl. She's fucking awesome. You know who else do that to me? Twice backstage when they were like walking through and crowds of people. Jonas brothers, yep, Jonah's brothers. The same way, guys, bodyguards everywhere, crowds in the hallways where Goden, they come over me, they come up and say, yes, yep. There are certain artists that it's just you know, that's them. Charlie who gave me the Charlie pees in front of my family. I love Charlie pooth Uh. Remember when Keshia would walk around with a whiskey bottle she was drunk kesher yes, before she redefined herself. So she had been on our show that week, she was playing jingle ball maybe that morning too, and then she saw me in the hallway with my family, my wife and kids, and she can run up to me and in her fur coat and everything, gave me a big hug, and I'm like, it was just it was one of those because she's larger than life. It was like boo, I'm Kesha. Another person like that is believe it or not, Katy Perry, Katy Perry. We were there from Kate for Katie's humble beginnings shell and she never forgot that. I did some events with her early on. Anytime she sees me, she gets up and she gives me a hug and a kiss. Most recently, when we were doing the inaugural of one of the ships for our friends at Norwegian. They she literally was with Orlando at dinner sitting down and Elvis was there. We were all there standing talking to her and then she sees me and she's, oh my god, I didn't even see you, and she came up. She gave me a big hug and a kiss. I'm like, wow, thank you. I mean that was you. Remember the time I told her she couldn't be on the show. That was a really dark day. Yeah, I told her she couldn't be on the show. I'll tell that story on Brooklyn Boys next episode. Okay, And then who else did I oh, oh is it? Jessica Simpson also bumped, oh maybe my mother got on the phone and begged me, and I'm like, you're an hour eight sorry, got the last five of these coming up here? All right, here we go. I used that power.
Speaker 6: A son now absolutely.
Speaker 18: My mom.
Speaker 6: Stereo, the other the woman for your parties, because it might be to you one might be more a studio microphone.
Speaker 3: So talking about my gold mic. Yeah, there's irony in that. Talkback folks. All right, hey Brooklyn boys, what up at your boy? Mike?
Speaker 29: Originally from Manhattan, then Brooklyn, then Queensland, now out of long I'm just gonna call myself Asian mic I just like with Scary from Friends. So yeah, bone episode tonight. Back to tonight five Brody. I agree with you, Cobs some carbs. I can't stand it, especially in the Chinese restaurants when people order their low maine with a side of right rice.
Speaker 3: No that you have to be confused. I eat low maine on white rice. Yeah, oh absolutely, due, I know it's Cobs on Cobs. You put low maine on a bed of white rice, and the and the and the juice and the sauce from the low Maine seeps into the rice. It's tremendous. Carbs on carbs can't do.
Speaker 29: Pros on converstation Mic again, Part two of my top Back but episode two ninety six.
Speaker 3: Scary you bougie bastard. Even for the cheap gas prices.
Speaker 29: If you go to the sketch neighborhood, you're not gonna be going going to get out of your car anyway, because like in New Jersey, you can't even pump you on gas. The guy's gonna do it for you, that's right. So like you can also pay with app, but you go to like one of those name brand gas stations, you know, So what's the point. Just go to those sketch neighbor's ketch your gas cheap? Your gas instead is Asian mic again, So a part three of my talk back episode two ninety seven. Brody for your roast punk Lomaine. You gotta find a place that serves the Cantonese style Chinese food that's like young Chinese style. You know, if any other place in northern Chinese style, it's not gonna be roast pork roast Chinese thing, especially Cantonese cuisine. Actually make sure they serve Cantonese cuisine for Chinese. You know, it's like your southern and northern.
Speaker 3: Tan cuisine Cantonese. Last one here, it is the last one. I'm gonna leave, all right.
Speaker 29: So yeah, I just want to tell you Brooklyn boys, I love your podcast and I am so grateful for Scary's forty six million dollar sound system because like I listened to your other colleagues podcasts and the sound is just not the same.
Speaker 3: And like you guys have the best sounding.
Speaker 29: Podcasts for your audio, right really, and uh, you know Maddie from Bronx and where you're at girlfriend.
Speaker 3: You well, by the way, No, I want to just uh if we could just defend the other podcast from the Elvis Strand network. Uh they record at the radio station.
Speaker 18: He too.
Speaker 3: So so if we sound better, then Scary is forty six million dollars is well worth it. It's a great investment. We Cary gave me that one penny of Now, I know you think that Brote owes me some money here seeing that he's half the podcast, if not more, I mean you, I mean I am all right, Dan, so I guess you owe me. I provide provide the equipment twenty twenty three million. I provide the AI songs and the humor and the comedy, and the jingles and the opening and closing songs. You I cannot just I still can't get over his comment, because that's a great compliment. I didn't know that we actually sound orally, and I'm not using what I say. By the way I say oral, it's a you are a L L E orally. We sound very pleasing to the ear, and I'm not I'm not using a radio station microphone. You you are using it. You you bought one that was the same as the radio station microphones there the electro Verse thirty twenty. I don't know what we're doing, but I'm happy. We'll just keep doing it now that we finally got the sound right after two hundred and ninety seven episodes, Thank you so much. All right. By the way, I'm making notes for all the things I promised I would talk about in the Brooklyn Boys. Right, what was the first thing I mentioned? I forgot so I got the Katie Perry story and it was I think it was Jessica Simpson. But I said, I said, oh, I'll talk about them. I'm not gonna go listen Listen back to this, listen back to God damn it, Brooklyn, thank you for your talkbacks this week. There's not too much hate. It's fewing. It's amazing. You know, Mallin's gonna answer reactions.
Speaker 5: This podcast all depends on you, baby
Speaker 10: Suption