Speaker 1: I apologize if I said anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: Genie Bus my girl back into the headlines again.
Speaker 2: These Lakers go.
Speaker 1: They must put Lakers through some sort of media camp where they teach them how to hijack the news.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew how to do it like them.
Speaker 1: I wish anybody cared about my random opinions as much as they care about Genie Bus and some one off interview from Genie Bus to Lebron to back to Lebron to back the Genie Bus. It's almost like they all coordinate together on a zoom call. It's like, all right, you take August thirtieth, All take September first.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I've got an interview with SI coming out on Tuesday, October August thirtieth. You're gonna have to have to Monday, August twenty ninth. All right, all right, all right, but you gotta make sure this SI article doesn't dominate anymore than local blogs cannot get on ESPN. My interview with NBC Sports Los Angeles, that's gotta be the front. It's like insane, what's going on here. I'm just gonna like Genie Bust is probably just.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, I'm just gonna fuck it up.
Speaker 1: I'll just casually drop something insane, like I don't know, I'll just say something crazy. What would be the craziest thing that I could say about last season? What would get like people really up and up in arms? What would really drive the conversation we had that one kid, Mike James say Steph Curry was one dimensional? What was it about that that got people so up in arms? I know, I know what I'll say. I've got it now. Russell Westbrook was the best Laker on the team last year. That's what I'll say. Yep, that's it. Russell Westbrook was the best player on the Lakers last year.
Speaker 3: Full stop. That's what happened, folks.
Speaker 1: She seriously decided to plant her flag in the Russell Westbrook camp. She must be feeling herself right now. She must be trying to get us in rage because this is what she said to the athletic.
Speaker 3: All I can say.
Speaker 1: Is that, from my point of view, Westbrook was our best player last year. He played pretty much every single game.
Speaker 3: He showed up, he worked hard.
Speaker 1: Pause Is this is this the new era that the conservatives are talking about where everyone gets a Trophy.
Speaker 3: Is this what they're.
Speaker 1: Talking about, because that's how this feels right now, everyone gets a gold Star just for showing up and working hard, and we're just going to crown him the best because he did that the most consistently. Back to her quote, you know, I would have loved to see what this team would have looked like if they stayed healthy. It's really tough to win when Anthony Davis isn't on the cour pause. Someone should have told Genie that this is like, Anthony Davis is MO from New Orleans. So yeah, you should have known that you got lucky when you won the title with Anthony Davis. Back to the quote, Lebron was also hurt a lot of the season, but Rush showed up every game and played hard every night. And you know, I just really appreciate him for who he is and what he brings to the team.
Speaker 3: There's a lot there. Let's break it down. I've got questions.
Speaker 1: I don't think by any metric, if you're an unbiased human, you could ever say that Russell Westbrook not only was the best Laker, but I don't even think you could say he had a particularly good year.
Speaker 3: His slash line of eighteen and a half.
Speaker 1: Seven and seven is the worst stat line he has put up in the last twelve years. He shot forty four percent from the field overall. Overall, he shot less than thirty percent from three. He shot sixty seven percent from the free throw line.
Speaker 2: It's free throws free.
Speaker 1: No one is guarding you sixty seven percent from the free throw line when he shot eighty five percent once from the charity stripe.
Speaker 3: At one point, he had a fifteen player efficiency rating.
Speaker 1: And a defensive rating of one hundred and thirteen point six Real Quick one hundred and thirteen point six defensive efficiency. Defensive rating is terrible, just gross.
Speaker 3: Yet Genie's point is that.
Speaker 1: The best ability is availability. Her countents were so crazy, so outlandish, so puzzling that many news outlets were like, Hey, just want some more clarification because we're about to write some things.
Speaker 3: Did you really mean that.
Speaker 1: Russell Westbrook was the best Laker last year?
Speaker 2: And then she had to.
Speaker 1: Backpedal and say, maybe the word I should have used was consistent.
Speaker 3: He played seventy eight games last year. You're right, Jeanie, he.
Speaker 1: Was the most consistent star player that you had, making over thirty million dollars and that, my dear, is your biggest problem.
Speaker 3: I get it, I get it. Russ was available.
Speaker 2: He was. He definitely.
Speaker 3: Should have been more available coming off the bench. Let's be honest in.
Speaker 2: The fourth quarter, he should have probably.
Speaker 1: Been available to sit on that bench, except for he decided that was something he.
Speaker 3: Was not available to do.
Speaker 1: But when you dig into it, when I heard when I heard the last part of her comments, I just.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate him for who he is and what he brought to the team. What's that sound like to you?
Speaker 1: That sounds like the end, That sounds like when you're in a relationship and your boyfriend or girlfriend. He's like, I just send a little text. I just want you to know I really appreciate you and I really value you as a boyfriend. Can we meet for dinner tonight at Chateau Vanilla at seven thirty pm in the middle table of the restaurant.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, okay, sit down, Hey, what's what's up?
Speaker 1: Solid thought first and foremost, I just want to say I really value you.
Speaker 3: I think you're awesome. I think you're a great boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 1: You do everything you're probably if I had to guess, if I had to make a ranking, I would probably consider you to be, I don't know, the best boyfriend I've ever had. Unfortunately though, for me right now, at this point in my life, I just can't have a significant other. I have to do me, and it's probably best that I give you back your sweatshirt. It's in my trunk and the promise ring you gave me, and uh maybe maybe we'll.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe make it a go another time.
Speaker 1: It just didn't work at the moment. Has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: That seems like what Jeanie.
Speaker 1: Buss is doing to Russell Westbrook. Like I love you, Russ. You are our best Laker last year. Unfortunately, though, we gotta have you step away from the team for a while because we've traded for Patrick Beverly and you guys hate each other. So as much as we love you, we kind of got to see and explore this thing with Pat BEV two and your history just makes it really tough for that to be good for the team. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention on the podcast, since the last time we've been here, they've traded for Patrick Beverlely, right, so that shit's not gonna work. Also, Speaking of Lebron, he made news again this week, one week after he and Bronni James decided to hijack the schedule release. It's like clockwork. He has assistants. It's like ping, ping, good morning, sir. Lebron James just want to let you know today is the day you fuck up the airwaves again and hijack the NBA calendar. He has an assistant who must like scour the web and it's like, Okay, it's been four days.
Speaker 3: Since you were trending. We need you to trend again.
Speaker 1: Got new things, We've got new things to promote new shows. We need a quote, we need something buzzy. Who can we get Have we done.
Speaker 2: Anything recently with SI? You think they would do something with s I.
Speaker 3: What will we do?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, we did the Brony thing last week, so it's not really top of mind. He already signed the extension, so that's that's done. Oh oh, what about I have an idea? Bronny, Lebron and the Youngest One all on the cover of Sports Illustrated. No, who cares that they don't have like any outfits playing, Like, just just get him into a court, we'll take photos, we'll write some things. Lebron, he could be the next Tom Brady. Maybe Lebron will play till he's fifty. Let's let's go forward.
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 3: All right? So this is what Lebron says. This is the right time.
Speaker 1: Lebron says he wants to play almost until he's fifty years old. I'm sure you know the reason why he says this quote. I like to throw things out into the airwaves. I'm not one to say what's going to happen for sure in the next two years. I am a visionary, but I'm also a guy. I love that about him, just like a low key, humble brag. I am a visionary, but I'm also a guy that lives in the moment. I'd definitely though, be looking at who has first round picks in twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, things of that nature, twenty twenty six, twenty twenty seven, hold up twenty twenty seven, like the.
Speaker 3: Bronny's like seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's the math, isn't mathing that type of stuff? He says, bron the visionary with the eyes on the prize and the prize, well, we know it's not just Bronnie James anymore. Folks, we've known that for some time, so that wouldn't hijack shit. But also now the kid with the goggles and the better footwork, Bryce James, the youngest boy who at this point is.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years old. Oh yes.
Speaker 1: Asking Lebron whether he'd like to see himself playing with Bryce, he expanded, Yeah, I feel like I could play for quite a while. So it's all up to the body, but more importantly my mind.
Speaker 2: If my mind can stay sharp.
Speaker 1: And I'm fresh and motivated, then the sky's not even the limit for me. I can go beyond that, Lebron James. I can just see it in the lower thirds. Lebron James thinks he can go above the sky with Bryce and Bronnie James.
Speaker 3: No one takes care of their body better than Lebron James.
Speaker 2: But fifty years old, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Also another tidbit Lebron dropped.
Speaker 1: Turns out Bronnie James wants to play college ball too. So the sweepstakes for who gets Lebron James by being completely extorted by Lebron James to draft and sign his son Wait no, sons.
Speaker 3: Is now going deep into the timeline.
Speaker 1: If Bronnie does want to go to college. Have one word, two words, quick, quack, just go to Oregon. I might become the Oregon Ducks beat reporter.
Speaker 3: If that happens.
Speaker 1: He then finally was asked by s I whether he thought this is where he gets very interesting about lebron James get a little insight into his mind. He was asked by Sports Illustrated whether he thought all of this chatter that he's been putting out it's a fair question about him playing with Bronnie might create unfair expectations for Bronni, and he was having none of that shit. He said, I don't give a shit what nobody says. Our quest and our journey is not predicated on what everybody has said. You're gonna have five people that love you out of ten, There's gonna be five people that hate you out of ten.
Speaker 3: That's just the way the land. No matter what you do.
Speaker 1: You can be a guy who literally goes to work at Starbucks. There's gonna be four or five customers that come in and hate the way that you made that chi te latte.
Speaker 3: It's just how it works.
Speaker 1: And the faster you can realize that happens, the much better off you will be because you're not going to respond or give it too much energy.
Speaker 3: I have a lot there is there.
Speaker 1: He you can tell has been trying to figure out an analogy that works, and he's still works shopping because the Starbucks barista chi te latte furious customer argument, I'm not so sure that's working for me. Also, why the chai tea lat Why not vanilla laatee? Why not just chai tea late? Is that what Savannah gets? Is he fucking up Savannah's order when he goes and picks her up Starbucks?
Speaker 3: And also, you make how much money?
Speaker 2: Your forty million?
Speaker 1: What are you even doing thinking about Starbucks right now? You are too elevated for the Starbucks Chai te late analogy for me. Secondarily, on top of that analogy that is not landing but deserves attention, the fifty.
Speaker 3: To fifty split between human beings who meet you.
Speaker 1: And either absolutely love you or absolutely hate you is terrifying.
Speaker 3: Because to me, that's like, if I don't say I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna get canceled by Lebron James. Now because I've been making.
Speaker 1: Fun of him, I am now firmly in the camp that hates Lebron because I'm making fun of him because I'm not just filating every move and I'm just not in love with everything he does on and off the court.
Speaker 3: Sir, that's just false.
Speaker 1: If you meet one hundred people, there's probably gonna be like, I don't know one that's like, oh my god, I absolutely love this person.
Speaker 3: They are awesome.
Speaker 1: We are gonna be best friends for life. There's gonna be probably thirty that like, oh yeah, I fuck with this kid. Good kid like them, We could be friends. Maybe fifty are like huh, I mean just a person. Fifty are indifferent to you. Fifteen are like hmm, not really fuck with them, but I'm going about my day. And maybe three maximum four or like I hate this person's guts. Like maybe the fact that you go fifty to fifty love hate tells me so much about the psyche of Lebron James and also probably why he tried to get Michelle Beadle fired because she said one bad thing and he was like, oh, this bitch hates me.
Speaker 3: Let's get her. Let's say she hates me, I hate her, Let's get her gone. That is absolutely wild.
Speaker 1: Say what you want about Lebron but he is increasingly interesting the older that he gets, and the more honest and wildly expressive he gets deeper into his career as he gets emboldened to say whatever is on his mind.