Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Conveno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching a f SR.
Speaker 1: All right, let the wild rump is starting.
Speaker 2: Hey, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. That's us, and the live chats already popping. Wes Is, You're already talking smack, Smart, John Paul, all the Disciples are here, Ringo and John, the Beatles are hanging out.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for hanging out and chiming in live.
Speaker 2: We're streaming live hey on YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR. And of course we're led by super producer Danny Gee, the smoothest producer and all the land. Hey, Danny g. He's on the phones on standby waiting just to say hi. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We got Igoa Sam and it's wonderful dance.
Speaker 1: How do you?
Speaker 2: And it's he's great to see Isaac lowin cron Oh, let's track out. Great to see Isaac Wait Dan Byer I know he filled in for uh Stu got Should I start the rumor that Stu Gott's tested positive for for four inst enhancing drugs or what is he suspended one hundred and sixty two?
Speaker 1: Joe happened to Jerks and profar Yo.
Speaker 2: Profile that's a that's a loss for the Bravos says the season hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I heard Stu Gott. You just want to start rumors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard he got some uh some bad side effects to this both talks procedure he was getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that true? Yeah, on his bum bum.
Speaker 2: I heard he's the guy that is trying to cancel Magic City.
Speaker 1: I didn't. We're going to get to all that.
Speaker 3: He's having a procedure done to change the color of his eyes like Jim Carrett.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that's just going on. I mean it's a clone.
Speaker 2: We all know that, right, And hey, if you want to spread rumors on Stu Gott's by all means hit us up eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We're broadcasting live. Like we said, remember to stream us live or catch us later on YouTube. Our bonus pot is there. Over promised you could watch what you hear and the podcast still lives. Everybody loves watching the show now, but if you just want to listen, the podcast is still there, so follow, rate and review. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast and rate it five stars because anything less is uncivilized.
Speaker 1: But let's go.
Speaker 2: We got games to play today, prizes to give away. As a very special Last one Standing Tuesday, we got to talk Magic City Night.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Gentlemen's clubs, they're celebrated in the NBA. There's people trying to cancel right Magic City Monday, there's supposed to be a sit down and now I'm here, and that's a rumor between two big celebrities that had some beef. So maybe we'll get into that. Last one standing, Big Mike who runs his place?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who Mike?
Speaker 2: He's like, I got a question for your gosh, So we got to address this Big Mike random question.
Speaker 1: But there's there's a guy in.
Speaker 2: Midjor League by you know, rated the second best hitter behind Otaniyeah, but your odds on favorite twin WBC MVP.
Speaker 1: Wow, you mean Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: Aaron Judge to Cappy Ton Now World Baseball Classic. Baseball starts Manyana. You got pool c Chinese Taipei versus Australia in the Tokyo Dome. So it officially starts tomorrow, meaningful baseball early for the World Baseball Classic. But Team USA USA, the US USA all day pool. Are we in a yeah? The people we play on Friday versus Brazil. Now, Brazil is not expected to really do much. In fact, I think they have the lowest odds to win. We talked about that on over Promise. The way you can watch it on YouTube and the adults only pool, that's the pool you gotta get, can have kids in the pool. This team is stacked. This team the world Baseball Team USA is stacked. And who's the leader of the team. Who's the captain? Aaron Judge, He's the guy. He is a leader by example. He's never been really an animated vocal leader.
Speaker 1: I can't say he's not a vocal leader, but he's not an animated guy. Is not who he is.
Speaker 2: He follows the Jeter blueprint? Was Jeter ever some sort of overly charismatic And I just had to tell you when you say things like that, everyone else wants thinks. So everyone else wants to barf in their mouth when you say things like he follows.
Speaker 1: The Jeter blueprint in the Championships.
Speaker 2: This perfect way to be a tell me all the Yankee controversy that Derek Jeter started. That guy had a stellar career. Give credit where's due. He'd be embarrassed. Doesn't gifts the girls. He banked your boyd aged wishes you wish that David Wright or any meant for that for that matter, had the career of Derek ch I mean, I did form a blueprint. I do think that. But Aaron Judge stop at the blueprint. He's a good leader, great player. Don't make me hate him. His speech to Team USA is getting criticized and decide by who.
Speaker 1: Dave Portnoy, he's a Red Sox fan.
Speaker 2: He's another blow hard. Let him yap about him. Dave Portnoy is easy.
Speaker 1: He has to.
Speaker 2: Hate on Derek Cheeter. That's what he does. Same way I don't like the Red Sox. That's his job. I didn't even see the Portnoy thing. I'm just assuming Barstol. It's so weird because Barstool says two things. They have a tweet that says it is sad to see Judge being criticized for having the worst speech ever, and then in a following tweet, they've Portnoyd writes worst speech ever.
Speaker 1: It's like, kick aside, is it sad? Are you adding to this? Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I know we don't live in a world where everyone is Jameis Winston because that guy could give a speech. That guy could fire up, he could own old folks, old people dance Jameis Winston. It's like when people when you're filling in for Colin and they're like, you, guys, think why because we're not Colin, we're Cavino and Rich. Why what are you expecting Aaron Judge to be James Winston when he's not. That's insane to me. That's not who he is, who he ever was. And if you think that's a lack of leadership, you're out of your mind. Clean out your eyes and your ears, and notice that this guy leads by example. He's a consummate professional and he's the real deal. If you don't understand that, you're missing the plot. And you know who came out and spoke out on his behalf recently, the Great Paul O'Neill's like, anyone that criticizes this guy as a leader knows nothing about baseball, knows nothing about how he's viewed by his peers and his teammates. Aaron Judge's biggest defender, Steve Cavino and Paul O'Neill. Because this story is hogwash. You know the stuff I use in a shower to clean my junk, hogwash. I'm gonna give it to you to use on your face to clean out your mouth because you're talking smack hogwash. You're hating on This is the problem with the world, not just Aaron Judge. We love our default settings to hate on stuff. You're hating on a guy who does everything right. Get a life, losers, You guys, are anyone criticizing Aaron Judge loser.
Speaker 1: I want to see a slob.
Speaker 2: You're the same slob that's that's criticizing pageant models as they're walking down the runway.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you're doing. Let's see how great you're saying you look.
Speaker 2: If you criticize ever judges speak, you're saying nobody better than they're saying. It's the equivalent of a fat cell criticizing a runway model.
Speaker 1: He's a treasure.
Speaker 2: You know what we should be doing a plotting this guy, he's the captain of Team USA's just ruining him on Rudy against Aaron.
Speaker 1: Judges on America. He just all rides and celebrate this man because he plays the game.
Speaker 2: I gotta starring Judge Judgment Day, Judgment Day.
Speaker 1: Who said he has to be a dynamic speaker.
Speaker 2: He's a leader on the field. He's a baseball player. He's not doing Ted Talks, he's not hosting on Fox Sports Radio. He hits home runs. By the way, Covino defending Aaron Judge because it's a joke. People are gross, But I feel like you would defend a Judge harder than like beause people are your kid, You're family, an example of people being most publishing team. Right, I'm perfect, Aaron Judge. I'll be your publiciers. You believe in Aaron Judge, right, I absolutely do, And I believe that he's gonna lead Team USA to their second World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: Dude, Team Japan has won three years in a row.
Speaker 2: Instead of backing this guy up, you're criticizing him. Let's see yours. I want to see your credentials. I want to see who you are criticizing Aaron Judge. And if you miss this speech, just getting all this criticism, take a list in Aaron Judge addressing his teammates.
Speaker 1: Sacrifice for your family at home. You sacrifice for your country, and you're sacrifice for the brothers in the treasures with yours. And that's what they want us to do.
Speaker 4: Fellas.
Speaker 1: You know, we're down, we're beat up a little bit man, you know, leading to each other. Man, We're gonna lay it on the line and we do that. Ray go along now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, calm, cool, collected. You want to see your cheerleader. He's a player on the team. And by the way, people are this is out of context. People like this is his his pep rally speech, his uh no, they just got there and he's addressing the team. The games don't start till Friday. You don't think that they're gonna have another is the lead story today, Not that people are criticizing Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: Why should I relax?
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous criticize people that should be criticized, not Aaron Judge. Aaron Judged gonna get up in the final game of the World Baseball classic and al To he's going to strike him out this time, same way he's struck out Mike Trout. You never know if the moment calls, the moment calls for I was wondering about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, Danny, here's a good question. Don't sleep on the pride.
Speaker 2: Did you see show Hey crying when they played the Japanese national anthem? Like these guys are playing with an immense amount of pride in Instead instead of backing up Aaron Judge, who's saying, Yo, we got to carry this USA hockey team momentum to our baseball squad here it means a lot to where the USA jersey. Instead of backing them up, we're criticizing the guy. What a bunch of weeniere are sports weenie, here's my question for you. In a time where there's a lot going on in the world, politically, war, you know, depositions with presidents like, there's a lot of there's a lot going on. Sports is an amazing distraction that we all need here and there from real life. So let me ask you this and a good unifier, right, USA hit it Sam.
Speaker 1: So here's my question to you, Daniel G.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, they credit the Usa chant to the nineteen eighty men's hockey team. Apparently before that, no one's ever chanted USA. I find that crazy, but it's true according to Al Michaels.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So here's my question, Danny, you're the biggest Dodgers fan. I know one of them. I play softball with a guy that I think lives at Dodger Stadium. You might actually live there. So it comes down to the final moment of the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going Team USA.
Speaker 2: But Otani's either pitching or at the plate in the biggest moment. Are you rooting for Otani he's your guy? Or are you rooting for Team USA.
Speaker 1: I'm rooting for Team USA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely. I think that's a pretty easy answer right there. I mean, I think should it's a good question on America. I mean, he's not playing, but no, he's not playing in the Classic this year. But I think to myself, like, what a Francisco Lindor or Soto or one of my favorite guys was up there in that moment. It's a tough one. I get it, because you root for them personally. I get it. Danny spends one hundred and sixty two games a year rooting for Otani. Now all of a sudden, you're rooting for Nolan McLain to strike out of Tonny. If it came down to it, you should be angry. And you could think about the hypothetical and chime in at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, But you should be angry that in something we should all get behind. Your first default is to criticize his speech and it's not a pep talk. That was the They just all got together for the first time and he's addressing the team. Hey, listen, dude, it's a slow newsday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Bill Clinton?
Speaker 2: In front of a saying you should also be frowning upon everybody else, Like, what's wrong with what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: The fake Jim Carrey?
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about? What do you want to talk about? Shila buff being scared of big gay guys? What do you want to talk about? That's great cover? I mean these all great start Zilo buff I.
Speaker 5: Thought Mike Piazza dispelled that rumor back during his playing days.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah, we talk about want to talk about fon due I really don't rock with fond dou I like Taco's Deep on a Taco Tuesday, to quote Chila Buf to quote Shila Buff. But these talk about McDonald's newburger. Oh yeah, the Chberger before the end, before the end of the week.
Speaker 1: Can we try that burger on the air.
Speaker 3: We talked about this in our pre show meeting. We're gonna bring in the arch for all of us, and we're gonna take a real man's bite out of this thing.
Speaker 1: I feel it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You think other countries are criticizing the leader of their team. You think there's other countries out there, like, yeah, you know Team Mexico. We like him, but a Rosa Rena. He just doesn't bring the the pep talks that we need.
Speaker 1: Like get out of here.
Speaker 2: They're just full of pride and excited to see Team Mexico at Dude, I won't, dude, I won't criticize ro Kirk.
Speaker 1: No, it's not you, dude, it's everybody. You know.
Speaker 2: Everyone criticizing Aaron Judge should be embarrassed, honestly, because that guy is a true example of what it is to be a winner. I won't criticize Judge, but could I criticize the CEO of McDonald's who took that week yess bite of the burger. That guy stinks. Yeah, that guy speaking of weenies, what a weenie?
Speaker 3: That dude like a man, upscale steakhouse restaurant.
Speaker 1: I say, eat a burger like a man. Meanwhile, I ordered, let us wrap the burgers. Excuse me? Can I have a burger? No bunch?
Speaker 2: Until, of course, all of a sudden, Canno Rich sponsor by McDonald's. Then this guy is the greatest people. Not everybody knows that story. Rich, you got to give you some the coe. He's kind of cool until I saw him the coo of Mickey the'se is talking about the the launch of the Arch. Now, I don't know. Is this the same as that Arch Deluxe we had as kids. No, because that was a good burger, archburger. The Archburger is it got special sauce.
Speaker 1: It's got Arch sauce, and it is their largest burger.
Speaker 2: Now on the man, three slices of white Shaddar cheese. Okay, so this looks like a taste a tasted burger.
Speaker 1: So that's good sauce. That's definitely good sauce. Think you dan. That was Ben Mallard by the way that was Ben Mallard.
Speaker 2: What did sound like Dan to me? Put it again, that's good sauce.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, that's malade. I see it's a tasted burger.
Speaker 2: So this guy the coup the coo of Mickey The's He's like, all right, let's this which is the f O Fox Sports Radio, soo a tasty. He picks up this burger and you think he's about to take a big like man bye to this burger.
Speaker 1: He takes like the nibble. He takes a.
Speaker 3: Pet He lies to the camera and he says, this is my lunch. I'm gonna have lunch with you, and.
Speaker 1: He sticks his tongue on it. He's like he takes the bite of a burger. He takes a bit of it.
Speaker 2: Burger Like you're like, yo, my little daughter would take like.
Speaker 3: My two year old son koa takes a way bigger burger.
Speaker 1: Took a little bunny nibble. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, you know you got little kids, and you'll actually say to them like, come on, take a real bite.
Speaker 1: Come on, by the way, And.
Speaker 3: It's more embarrassing because then he holds the burger closer to the camera to show the bite that he took out like why are you showing that little tiny bite off?
Speaker 2: And in response actually does a follow up. The president of Burger King took a manly, savage bite of the whopper just to show him how it was done. So yeah, there was a follow up to that. So no, I don't find out to be more interesting than Aaron Judge getting criticism. I just think it's a great example, rich of the world we live in today, where you gotta find something negative to talk about. You're looking for the clickbait, you're looking for people to agree with you. How about you focus on something positive picturing. I was say, I'm eating a burger and it sounds like a cartoon character.
Speaker 1: So stupid.
Speaker 2: Anyway, stories today criticize that guy, not Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: I'll listen.
Speaker 2: I just think it's funny that you defend this guy like he's your brother, Aaron Gross. He's a good leader, he's a great player. You know, will he come up in the big moment last year in the playoffs? I gotta be honest, he played big. The Yankees didn't play big. He played big, So this should be interesting. World Baseball Classic. You know what I'm calling it, Danny g You now sometimes you go to a nice dinner and sometimes, oh, the appetizer is as good as you're entre, and then other times the appetizer stinks. This Baseball Classic, to me, is like an appetizer to the start of the MLB season. We don't know if it's gonna be like, oh, man, you know we should get more of that, or well, that's all right, let's I'm ready for baseball. So either way, I'm just excited that we get something cool to watch in a couple of days because I'm caught up on everything as far as dumb shows.
Speaker 1: So Baseball here we come.
Speaker 2: And I gotta tell you, man, the mature approach I took to this WBC. I don't like the Red Sox, but you know, I was happy to see Roman Anthony out there with all these superstars. I'm like, look at this young guy. Go get them, buddy, go get him out and represent team USA. I didn't go and take the cheap route and say.
Speaker 1: Screw that dute. He's a Red Sox. I hate him, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's what Barstool's doing. Barstools speaking out of both sides in their mouths. And I like them.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I like barstool a lot, BUTFC is my guy. On one side of their mouth, they're saying, it's sad to see people excited and rip on Captain America Aaron Judge for his speech before Temo says, first workout right, it's sad to see him being critics. In the very next tweet that I see, it's Dave Portnoyd. What's saying worst speech ever? I mean, so, you know you gotta put those differences aside.
Speaker 1: Roman it.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Red Sox fan, but hey man, I hope he lights it up in the WBC.
Speaker 1: That's what this is about.
Speaker 2: This is bigger than your stupid alliance to the Red Sox or the Yankees. This is USA playing Brazil, USA playing Japan. Maybe in the final, USA beating Mexico. We'll see what happens. Here's my question for you, and it's not even my question. It's from the guy who runs his place. Yeah, hey you guys, I got a question.
Speaker 1: Big mic WHU runs this place?
Speaker 2: Who came in and he goes, oh, guys, I got the hot question for you.
Speaker 1: You know, the guy who split his pants in the office yesterday. Did we tell you that story? No, we didn't. Get We didn't get to that story. SpongeBob SquarePants, I split my pants.
Speaker 3: Best part was we we saw him run to his truck out in the parking garage and Covino said, does he have spare pants he keeps in his truck.
Speaker 2: He has like nineteen seventy disco pants as spares, Like remember in the nurse's office when you're a kid, of some kid Peter's pants. He came back wearing like weird quarterback. Yes, ye, poly ester uncle Floyd pants, a little Ernie pet his pants. He's wearing something left over from the seventies and the nurses all. He actually came back with a sweat jacket, a zip up tied around his waist, like like a girl with a fat booty trying to hide it. He was trying to hide his uh, the rip in his It's like the girl in the gym when she realized you're looking at her. Yeah, big mic He gets up from our pre show meeting yesterday, and I thought I was seeing things. I was like, you'll, Mike, you freely goes what. I was like, did you do you split your pants? Like SpongeBob goes what? And this wasn't a little split, like I saw the dude's tiny whities my pants, who's from like the pocket, like down the leg And I'm like, you're not feeling a little draft or something. So yeah, Big Mike, the guy who flits his pants, he said the big Hubbub, the big fusser on the Super Bowl said hubbub.
Speaker 1: I don't still say hubbub, Bro, He's not about them. Don't don't say hubbub.
Speaker 2: Like a stone cold looking guidance. What how old's Mike seventy two? You said hubbub? Mike didn't say hubbub, Big Mike, hubbub. That's Rich's favorite word, bro. He goes during the Super Bowl halftime show. What did we hear? A million times? The cultural narrative was, hey, Puerto Rico is part of the United States. It's a territory. It's part of who we are. Bad money. Well, because yeah, the response to anyone ignorant like why do we get American perform it's like, well, hold on here, cleat us.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rico is a part of the United States.
Speaker 2: So Big MIC's like, well, why can't we absorb their players? Why are they have their own team? And I was like, well, that's a good point, I guess, because it feels like it's so far away and it's not connected to I don't know it's a hechnical answer other than it's it's a territory and it feels very separate still, and there's a lot of Puerto Rico pride where they play for their own it's their own.
Speaker 1: Because Mike's still deal, I don't know the real answer though.
Speaker 2: He said, what if we absorb Team Puerto Rico and they were you know, some of those stars are on Team USA, And He's like, then we definitely win. I think we have a great shot at winning anyway, even though I think the power rankings came out and Team Japan is still number one, USA number two. So again, instead of like talking on Aaron Judge the first day they get there, I think we need to know how to back people are out to get USA. We got to back them up on this, you know. I think the narrative could be we got some great, great players. Yeah, there's a lot of guys that.
Speaker 1: Will never leave.
Speaker 2: But do you think we're gonna all know the name of some Japanese star other than Otani? Like we you know, we know some that have come here to the States to play, but you think there's one. Do we just not know the name of maybe one young superstar on Team Japan. That's like they would never leave Japan. But we're all gonna be like, oh man, that's the guy likely I think so, I mean, if you tell me they're favored, it's not just though Tani to the roster, which means is gonna be someone. We're all gonna be like, that guy's a player. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: So hey, let's look forward to it.
Speaker 2: We're trying to hype you up because if anyone knows the answer to why Puerto Rico is separate by all means.
Speaker 3: This is according to CBS Sports, and I'll double check another source, but it says insurance issues. Puerto Rico is not part of the USA WBC team due to insurance issues affecting several key players.
Speaker 2: Well, I know Lindora was having those same things because it was bad. Bunny was willing to front the insurance money for a lot of the players dealing with those issues, but it couldn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yep, that was a true story.
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy the World Baseball Classic. We got a bunch more. Coming up on the show, we are going to talk about someone who wants to cancel cancel Magic City mondays in the NBA. Is the person being a nerd or are they being an ally of women?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's an interesting story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll tug a little NBA, little Magic City and more. Next all here Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry, single plying toilet paper and wondered is this as good as it gets? Well, guess what my parents, my parents foot It gets a lot better thanks to the extra large cleaning power of dude wise.
Speaker 1: And when you say they're extra large, they meet business.
Speaker 2: No matter what the size of your mess, from top to bottom, dudes has you covered with a confident clean. They comfortably clean up whatever TP leaves behind. So no more maintenance wipes, debris, no way, Irritation, not a chance, And it's time to make the trade of the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dude wipes. Guys start experiencing the confident clean of dude wipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of sense like Minchell and Chaeshe butter. To protect your end zone, join the Movement for Cleaner Movements and live that skid free life you've been dreaming about.
Speaker 1: Giving a prey every night for a skid free life.
Speaker 2: Available at Amazon and and major retailers nationwide.
Speaker 1: Dude wipes best clean pants Downy.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: For the show. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go Team USA. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Iowasam the sound architect getting us feeling patriotic today. It all starts tomorrow. Danny G's on the phones at eighty seven to seven ninety nine on Fox Low and Crown's got you your updates. In a few minutes, we're gonna be playing Last One Standing, giving away prizes. Special Tuesday Edition I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Put your goals within reach at University of Maryland Global Campus, an accredited to state university. Undergraduate and most graduate classes start March eleventh. Learn more at UMGC dot edu. That's UMGC dot edu. And again, I think this whole Aaron Judge is getting everybody fired up thing is so blown out of proportion. In fact, I really thought it was great until today and I started seeing all this negative feedback about how boring he is. Look, no one said that he's the most charismatic guy. But he's a hell of a guy, and he's a great leader, and he puts up great numbers, and he speaks from the heart. And remember this is a welcoming speech, but don't you also welcome Team USA.
Speaker 1: Let's go get him.
Speaker 2: This isn't a pef to add also makes you realize how special guys like Jamis Winston are can How why do we got to compare him to a guy in the NFL as nothing to do with this, That's like, what does that have to do with the price of bananas?
Speaker 1: You want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: They're outrageous, but I but I do want to talk about Jim Carrey one more second. I think the real crime rich is the USA jersey I believe is selling for over four hundred dollars and I don't think you can get it until after the WBC, so first of all overpriced and then you can't even get it until later.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm reading. Baseball or hockey jersey, No the team USA World Baseball Classic jersey. So I guess Nike. This is what I've heard.
Speaker 6: Nike didn't make enough of those hockey jerseys and people they didn't think that they would beat Canada, so they were like, not enough of them.
Speaker 2: I'll try to double check all this, but that's the stuff i'm reading, not just seeing on social media. Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of those one off jerseys. I know people that are collectors are and people that rock a bunch of different ones, but I don't know like all star jerseys, World Baseball Classic jerseys. To me, you got your team, you buy the homework roaders, that life. Dude, you don't even wear baseball hats, so why would I expect you to be the jersey guy.
Speaker 3: You're right, Caveno. Just a couple of different websites here saying four hundred and nineteen dollars. Yeah, and the real shame they won't ship until April.
Speaker 2: Forget about Aaron Judge not bringing the heat welcoming everybody. That's ridiculous. The fact that you have to pay four hundred. It's a sweet jersey. I'll give them that. I like the I like the jersey.
Speaker 1: It is not for yeah, not four hundred nineteen dollars. I mean maybe one hundred and nineteen dollars.
Speaker 6: I'm patriotic that price. Come on, dude, I'm nineteen yeah, okay to twenty jersey.
Speaker 1: I ain't paying for that. You here, you rum I've won.
Speaker 2: Jim Carrey thought we were talking about how the the imposter rumors were all over social media. Yeah, that's not even the weirdest Jim Carrey story of the day. I think the weirdest Jim Carrey story is that his son and liar liar works here at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: He does. He had Justin Cooper. Yeah, Maximilian, I can't believe have you heard that for the first time? I remember I.
Speaker 2: Just it's just dawned now that I should go up to him and be like the call. I mean, I'm sure he's heard that his entire life. I'm sure he want to hear it one more time from me. All Right, we all loved Asuintaura correct, absolutely, Finkal's Einhorn, Roinhorn's faint gel. Can I ask you a few questions? I mean, we quoted that bad boy or whole childhood.
Speaker 1: Here's my question.
Speaker 2: In the second movie, do you remember the funniest scene possibly Jim.
Speaker 1: Carrey ever did?
Speaker 2: Yes, rh Yes, there was a family on a little sfarage number two. Yeah, the second one. Remember he squeezed out of the rhino. Host took us a little rubber hole because the door wouldn't open, and the whole thing stops like working, pure comedy genius. That might be the greatest wedding scene of our lifetime. Of Jim Carrey's physical comedy. There might not be anything funnier than him being birthed out of a rhinos ass. The rhino used is going for auction at one of those movie auctions, and people they're saying it's probably gonna go for about ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Imagine, I feel like.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports radio should buy and Rich should come out, and that's how we should start to show every day.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's fitting for you.
Speaker 2: Good here, we are welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Rich has to be down to his tidy whities and completely lathered up and sweat.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think we should rent it for our next big event and you should come out of it.
Speaker 1: That's how we enter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time we do a big listener event one, Hey, where's Rich and the rhino comes out?
Speaker 1: I think I think that'd be great.
Speaker 2: But I mean, of all the bragging rights, always talking about how like you know, if you have a man cave a la the Dan Patrick, you know man cave, or for your guy that has a cool dan or office or garage. I just don't know no matter what level of rich or baller you are, Like, who gets that? How do you display that too?
Speaker 1: Who gets the rhino?
Speaker 2: Like? Oh, Ken Golden bought it for his collectibles, that's the stars is selling it? Like if you he told me, oh, dude, I got Indiana Jones's.
Speaker 1: Mike Wolf needs it in his shop.
Speaker 2: If you said, oh, that's Indiana Jones's whip and hat or Yo Rocky Bell bo is Red white and blue trunks.
Speaker 1: You know who like these are.
Speaker 2: Crazy film collectors, crazy Jim Carrey fans. Yeah, but and not only that international, like Jim Carrey is an international celebrity.
Speaker 1: So someone wants But we've.
Speaker 2: Talked about some of the coolest memorabilia items. I just wanted to, like, under what circumstances would someone be like, I need it?
Speaker 1: What do you need?
Speaker 2: The ACN two or two prosthetic rhino, the prosthetic rhinos with the big gaping hole in the backet Well, he said, gaping hole, not me. All right, let's go to Ilo. Speaking of which, for an update, Ilo.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 5: Heybody, A lot going on fellas in the National Football League. Today, the Arizona Cardinals and formed quarterback Kyler Murray that they will be releasing him. Murray posting on social media, quote, I wanted nothing more than to be the one to end the seventy seven year drought for this organization. I am sorry, I failed us. I wish this community and my there's nothing but the best I know. You don't have to ask permission to speak on your own show.
Speaker 1: By the way, I.
Speaker 2: Raised my hand, I'm respectful, you're the You're the news anchor with the with the most I appreciate that. Well, right, right you are, Isaac. I. I did see a rumor. I don't know if this is I just follow Jimmy garoppolo handsome updates on social media. There's a rumor that he has a relationship with their new coach and they might use garrop They may try to grab Garoppolo as like a place filler until they figure out what's next. Is that dig into that. Maybe that might be because they're saying, Jimmy Garoppolo, they can do worse, right, They're thinking he might be a placeholder until they figure out what's next in Arizona.
Speaker 5: I I can't see how they could do much worse with given his background with Mike Lafleur and their connection with the or Heavery relationship.
Speaker 1: And Garoppolo is a suitable quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's not the guy that's gonna take you there, but it might be a good placeholder.
Speaker 5: I hate to open this can of worms, but you know whose day you just made. All your female listeners in the state of Arizona.
Speaker 1: They're getting all fired.
Speaker 2: That's his next stopple, Jimmy, that's his next stoppolo. So you're saying there's a chance a right, the Idiotdavolis. Colts placed a thirty seven point eight million dollar transition tag on quarterback Daniel Jones. Meeting of Jones signs an offer sheet with another team, Colts would have the opportunity to match it. Bengals did not use the franchise tag on defensive end Trey Hendrickson, making him an unrestricted free agent. Hendrickson in fact posted a goodbye message to Cincinnati on social media. The Seahawks did not use the franchise tag on Super Bowl MVP running back Kenneth Walker. That makes him an unrestricted free agent as well. The New York Jets placed the franchise tag on running back Breace Hall, and finally, ESPN reported Chicago Bears Pro Bowl center Drew Dahlman is retiring after just five seasons in the NFL. Guys, all yours, thank you, rylo Isa. Think another quarterback, and not to put you on the spot. Another quarterback. I'm so intrigued by that. We heard nothing about him recently. Another handsome guy.
Speaker 1: Now, oh he's a handsome guy. Young man.
Speaker 2: Rich loves handsome quarterbacks for some reason. Who doesn't clack collect them. You know Sam Hartman from Notre Dame, remember that guy.
Speaker 1: Rich loved him. I'm googling him. I'm a confidence straight man. I'm a lot to handsome quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Hair, good beard, game, good hair game. Other than that, what happened to Anthony Richardson? This guy had such high hopes. Daniel Jones, the pivot, he did well, and now it's almost like that is that experiment over?
Speaker 1: Is he is it?
Speaker 5: Imagine that it's like a lot of people, it's it's injuries. I mean, the NFL can be so ruthless in the in the sense that a phrase you hear a lot in the NFL and not really to that extent in any sport is like your number one attribute is your availability. In the NFL, it's more true than the NFL than in any other sport, and not the case for Anthony richards And I think that's the primary thing.
Speaker 2: If he is available, you tell me that there's not a team that still sees something in him. I mean, he was he was supposed to be the be the guy that changed around. The Cults gets injured a couple for one freak injury round with the resistance band.
Speaker 1: And the eyeball and eye socket.
Speaker 5: Like maybe one of the unluckiest injuries of all time was it was the shoulder that it is part of this discussion.
Speaker 1: That was a separate thing.
Speaker 2: But yes, he was a bit reckless, like a llah we're hoping doesn't happen to Jackson Dart, a young athletic guy that just puts his body out there. But you tell me, Anthony Richardson that story's done.
Speaker 1: Can't be.
Speaker 2: I mean unless everyone saw something that I'm not seeing, like, yeah, it's a Talent's not what we thought it was, like they pivoted very quickly away from him.
Speaker 5: And I will say this, I'm not saying it's going to happen here, but so often in the NFL, it's so crucial the situation you go into as a rookie, and we see quarterbacks get misused and it looks like their career is over, and then they get into a situation that fits with maybe a better organization supporting cast and coaching, and they flourish. Allah Baker, Mayfield Baker.
Speaker 2: And Sam Darnold and there's so many there's so many guys that you would think maybe a guy like Anthony Richard shouldn't go to sleep, and I thinking like, all right, this it's not over. And you know there's multiple guys you could cite now that have had other chances, but just interesting.
Speaker 1: Thank you Ilo. All right, we got more Coveno on Rich.
Speaker 2: We are going to play a Tuesday edition, the game we usually plan mondays. I'm excited about this last one standing. We're gonna roll with that today. Uh and someone wants to cancel cancel Magic City Monday.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is a fun thing. We'll get through next.
Speaker 2: What do you think this sounds like a page out of my mom's book. I got a story about my mom. I'll tell you about this. A Coveno mom story is always a good one. So we'll do that next. More Caveno on Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio. Ready to tackle your financial goals. Rich, you know what I do? Do you to sit on the sidelines, so I look at the markets all down? Today might be a good time to take a look at a few things well. Whether you're a rookie or a pro, we will puts you in the game with tools that help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options, ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts all on one platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We bowse app pairs advanced analytics with real time data, so you could read the defense and to adjust your strategy.
Speaker 1: Stay in control.
Speaker 2: Now you could introduce yourself to Vega that is the AI assistant and ask questions like what's the outlook on this stock? Or analyze my watch list and you can get real time stock analysis, volatility insights, fundamentals that turn complex signals into plane English want a wide review of the field, use portfolio x ray to spot trends, manage risk, optimize the performance of your portfolio. So stop striking now with your financial future. We Bowl comes in very handy in times like this where we're not sure what you know, what's going on in the world, how that affects the market. We Bowl handles this. They discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the app on mobile or desktop. We Bowl w e bu l or visit wee bul dot com.
Speaker 1: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com. Slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Speaking of World Baseball Classic, Team USA collaborate in the Sanford Francisco Giants.
Speaker 1: When was that? Is that live?
Speaker 2: I saw Roman Anthony hit a bomb, but they're clobbering them anyway. This song makes me think of Magic City. Bro, we're gonna be talking about it. Iowa Sam on the Ones and twos. Let's hear it for Iowa Sam, Sammy Sweetheart and of course super producer Danny g Is. Here's time for our Tiract play of the day, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio number one ranked. Duke keeps rolling.
Speaker 1: Ten seconds now. NC State's still in that zone. Cayden Boozer sizing it up to the left, foster to the quarter.
Speaker 6: How minya, it's a three whoa man?
Speaker 2: That'll take us to halftime.
Speaker 1: With the blue levels up by seventeen.
Speaker 2: Duke blowing out NC State ninety three sixty four. That was courtesy of Learfield Sports and that was our Tiraq Play of the Day for over forty years. Great people at Tyrak. They've been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive for a long time. Shipfest and Free Back by Free Road has action with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tireck dot Com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna talk magic City and promotion. But you have a story about your mom because she said, this is right up your mom's alley. And I know the story you're gonna telling him cracks me up. I know rich and I've been doing this a long time, so he knows most of my stories. But uh, shout out to my mom Ortensia. Actually, my mom and dad celebrate fifty years of marriage this week on the sixth. Do you believe that in today's world that's one hundred and fifty years? Am fifty? God bless my dad for putting up with artensia. She sawf with tensia busting my chaps, So fifty huh when my mom's not busting my dad's chops for all these years? Right, there was a there was a time in life. True story. I grew up in Union, New Jersey, home of Ray Liota, Artie Lang, Robert Wool and your boy me in the world's tallest watersphere. They just signed it to put up a newdie bar, like not too far away from where I grew up, Like on the main street of where I grew up, but like maybe a five minute walk from my house.
Speaker 1: That was it going to be topless with alcohol or fully news?
Speaker 2: I think it was an alcohol establishment. It wasn't like bring your own beer fully new to establishment wasn't one of those.
Speaker 1: But we had one of those connected to a bowling alley. We had one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we had one of those called Hot twenty two. Watch where your fingers go, yeah, no, no, no, hold on. There was a bowling alley connected to wait fully new strip. That's what you called the Saturday night growing up in Union. But there was a new place opening up well in my neighborhood. So there's a difference there. This is like in the neighborhood kind of right, you believe that there was like protests where you can you get your balls clean there? Yes, your bowling balls on the bowling alley side of it. Yeah, there was protests and who was leading the charge My mom? Yeah, my mom, like you know, trying to shut down this strip joint because you know, she didn't want her Steven and his friends to be out there just for my son's future. Yeah yeah, so I've had to pickets on. My buddies were hitting me up like dude, what's your mom doing. She's rolling everything And my mom was out there, you know, trying to close down this place. And you know what, it worked, because that place did not last. It was shut down. And that just is to prove a point. Not everybody so pumped about Magic City Night in Atlanta. And if you don't know what that is, it's a gentleman's establishment in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Atlanta Hawks a whole promotional night around it.
Speaker 3: There's no women involved with the actual Atlanta Hawks promotion.
Speaker 1: You're you're right there, you're promoting a backstory.
Speaker 2: The whole backstory is that it's a famous place in Atlanta that is known obviously for it's being a strip club, but also they're Lemon Pepper Wings. It's like the joke is that they have good food and it's a very notable cultural spot.
Speaker 1: In the town. It's a hot spot. It's a place to be.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't think of another city, to be honest, where their main gentleman's club is so well known. Scores was well known. Think Howard Stern and Ronnie the limo driver.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it.
Speaker 5: Rangers went there after they won the Stanley Cup, allegedly scores.
Speaker 1: Was was a big one for a minute.
Speaker 2: But Magic City is like a state, maybe like Spearmitt, Rhino or Sapphire in Vegas. But when it comes to a you know, adult establishments, Magic City is probably like like a landmark. If Steve Harvey this mustache came out here and said top five ancel on the board, magic City Atlanta is the top.
Speaker 1: Is the top five.
Speaker 2: The Atlanta Hawks have partnered up, as Danny said, no women involved, but they're serving lemon pepper wings and they are paying tribute to the community and part of that.
Speaker 1: Community coming up on Monday, the.
Speaker 2: Sixteen tis performing too like they got entertainers, they got DJs.
Speaker 1: They're trying to bring that vibe minus the women to the game.
Speaker 2: Now, there is one particular player that has stepped forward and coming up. I want to read you his statement because it's not my mom. I am so torn yet this is Steve Kimino's mom is emailing us as we speak, even though I'm sure my mom's on this player's side. There's a player, Luke Cornette of the Spurs, and he has a statement, and I want to decide is this guy a nerd or a fan of women who knows