Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Oh my gosh, you guys, it's a whole new week, whole new beginning till the next holiday. They just come at rapid fire till the new year, don't they. So the last couple of weeks it's been I feel like I keep talking about this, but tis the season, and here it's going around everywhere. My kids have been sick, but it's like they got sick again. I'm only bringing this up because it's an interesting pattern of events that lead the way in this story. Now, this happened last week, so the timeline might be off slightly from my memory, but.
Speaker 2: Hang on, keep up. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Bo gets sick and are pediatrician who I love, Doctor Julia.
Speaker 2: We call her doctor Julia. Last name is Breckner.
Speaker 1: I want to bring Bowen because he is sick and I want her to swab him for you know, it's not just COVID anymore. They test for Oh my gosh, what do they do. It's like the flu, the I don't know something virus. There's a million different viruses and bacterias going around at the schools.
Speaker 2: You can't keep up.
Speaker 1: So I want to bring him in to see what he has and if he needs antibiotics, which I hate giving that, but if he needs it. He was getting worse. So I go to make it a sick day, same sick day appointment. And when I reach out, they say, oh, this is the one day that doctor Julia is not here, but her brother is here, doctor Dany, who the kids have gone to before. They're comfortable with him. I was like, great, years ago they.
Speaker 2: Went to him.
Speaker 1: So I take Bo and we go to doctor Danny's office. And when we get in there, I said, Bo, this is doctor Danny. You went to him a long time ago. He's doctor Julia's brother. You'll be really comfortable with him. And he says to me, your friends with Jess And I said, Jess ammer my best friend. Yes, and he said so my daughter is best friends with her daughter, Isabella.
Speaker 2: And then it was like.
Speaker 1: You know when things come back that you are so busy in life that you don't take notice of, but then when it comes back up, they're like, oh, yeah, now I remember all that. So then I'm like, oh, that's right. And he said, yes, our daughters had their birthday party together this year. And I said, I know, I was so looking forward to coming and both coming and I got sick so I couldn't go, And he said, yeah, I wish you had been able to come because my mother in law. And then I remember Jess had told me this like a year ago, missus Christopher. She was your teacher in school in fourth grade. And I'm like, oh, my god, that's right. Jess did tell me. And he's like, yeah, do you remember her? And I'm like, do I remember her? She changed my life. I will forever remember her because she's one of those teachers that we've all had that stands out to you and for me, at least in my experience, school was really challenging. My takeaway from school as an adult was I loved the social experiences. I loved some of the teachers. I loved that that was my educational journey, But I hate that that was my educational journey at the same time, back when I went to school, I feel like it's so different now, but kind of not. Now they are letting kids kind of lead with their creative passions. Well the more school like, that's more a private school thing. So my kids are in the public school system, so it's still I feel like, not quite there yet, but heading in that direction. But definitely, when I was young, whether it was public school or private school, it was like academic everyone got put into a box basically. And so I out of high school thinking I'm just gonna say it. I was really done, and I was like wow, and that stuck with me, like the fact that I had to take math three times, the fact that I was shamed in like an eleventh grader sitting in a freshman class, like oh like it just and then the more I got nervous about it, the worse I would do and the less I would absorb of the information. And I think I'm just making excuses. I'm just not good at math, Like I my second grader bo like his math. I look at and I freeze. But oh no, it's not that I'm not good at math. I think I freeze because of my trauma, Like my school experienced trauma. My brain just sees math and I'm like, they're all gonna laugh at you.
Speaker 2: That was a reference from Carrie.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So yeah, so what was I saying? Oh but missus Christopher was one of those teachers that really made me feel good about myself. And gave me confidence in myself, whereas a lot of my elementary and high school experience didn't provide that safe, nurturing place for me, if that makes sense. In high school, in both schools, like in elementary, in high school, like drama was my thing. I was very into theater and doing all that. That was kind of my outlet. And then I would take my love of that and entertain my friend groups. Like this is going to be no shocker to anyone, but I was friends with everybody.
Speaker 2: Of course, there's.
Speaker 1: Always clicks, but I could kind of be in my friend group but easily and maneuver in and out to get along with everybody, and that was that's a skill. But I just like people for the most part. So yeah, I would take like what I learned in theater class, and I loved Ms Nichols in high school. She was Wanda Nichols, my drama teacher. I would take the love of that and like during lunch and Resa's like I would do characters for people and make them laugh and like when we had a lot of fun, and so that was the part I really loved. But again, like I definitely came out of high school thinking I'm not a smart girl. I'm a funny girl. I'm a kind girl, but I don't have educational smarts. That's not a word or phrase, but that's what just came out. But so it's taken me along time to really realize that I am quite bright.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I said it out about.
Speaker 1: Oh with a lump in my throat, swallowing hard as I said that. Let me just cough it out. I'm smart their world. Oh that felt better. But anyway, I'm gonna go back to the story. But missus Christopher was that kind teacher that always believed in me. Perhaps she I don't really remember, but took extra time to make me feel safe, nurtured, encourage me, build my confidence when it was low. And that's a really special thing that stayed with me my entire life. Okay, so going back to the story, Doctor Danny, we're at the pediatrician.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, it's a wild ride. You guys with me so far?
Speaker 1: So I say, yes, Oh my gosh, please give her my love, and he.
Speaker 2: Said I will.
Speaker 1: So I take bow and we are driving home and I say to my kids, oh my gosh, it's late. I don't think I can cook dinner tonight, want me to pick up food? And they're like, yeah, sushi. And for the first time, Bo loves sushi. He could eat sushi every day at night. He's truly my child. He's like, I don't really feel like sushi. I'm like, oh my god, you really are sick.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 1: So I say to him, what would you feel like, I'll pick up food and he says, oh, mom, I feel like lamb chops. What like what eight year old says that? And honestly, like, well, I grew up eating lamb chops. Oh my gosh, I love them so much. Like in our house we always had lamb chops, but it's not a common thing like in our world now, like like I'm cooking lamb chops weekly, even though this reminds.
Speaker 2: Me I want to cook lamb chops. But I say okay.
Speaker 1: And then do you guys know when you eat lamb chops and they have those little panties, those little paper ruffle panties.
Speaker 2: They put on the end of it where the end doesn't eat lambs. So she's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like, nope, nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: Ah man, Eastern I'll know this Easton, You know the panties.
Speaker 2: What what.
Speaker 1: You know, the little ruffle panties that the paper they put on the end of lamb chops so that you don't like, quote unquote grease your hands up when you hold them, even though it's not it's meant to be held to eat at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I know those, okay too well, So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, mint jelly. Nothing beats old school mint jelly with lamb chops. Anyway, Bo says this, so I'm like, okay, let's deal with it.
Speaker 2: When we get home.
Speaker 1: As we're driving home, we drive past one of my favorite restaurants, Monty's Monty's Steakhouse. My dog Monty is actually named after Monty's. I've been going to monty since I was a kid. They had three locations. We go to the one in the Valley now, but growing up, there was one in Westwood, so I always went there, went with my family, then went with my friends and I think, oh, wait, Easton.
Speaker 2: There's one in Pasadena, Yes, or was.
Speaker 3: Checking? I think there is.
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 1: Original one was there, and I feel like they closed it down.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it closed after sixty six years in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, but it was I know, and they took the original boost and they actually brought it to the Woodland Hills one one. So that's Monty's in a nutshell, Like who names their dog after a steakhouse?
Speaker 2: Me? It's that good.
Speaker 1: And it just holds so many family memories, friend memories and my kids. I have been bringing my kids there since they were little, and yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Just like it's tradition. So we pass.
Speaker 1: It and I'm like Monty's, Oh my gosh, we haven't eaten there in a long time. Like my kid's birthdays, we go there. Like it's Liam's favorite. So every year for his birthday we go to Monty's. Like his eighteenth birthday, we went to dinner with our family and his best friends for his birthday. So we haven't been there since March thirteenth. Okay, So I was like, oh, okay Monty's. Oh I miss Monty's. Oh okay, I can pick up lamb chops. This sounds excessive, but it can be done. And then I get home and I'm like, guys, who feels like lamb chops?
Speaker 2: Anyone want Monty's. They're like oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh, you know what I was like bo, do you want me to pick it up or do you want to go? And he wanted to go, so you're sure you feel okay? So we bundled him up and we go to Monty's. My kids get their lamb chops. We all split it like a couple of steaks like that was happening, and I was just like, oh, miss Monty's lamb chops. Then it was like such on a whim that we decided to do this right Then as we're leaving, literally we start to leave, I go back to the table because I forgot my phone, so I'm looking around and it had fallen under the table.
Speaker 2: Safe got it.
Speaker 1: But this is such do you guys know the movie Sliding Doors Gwyneth Paltrow one of my favorite movies. So anyway, it shows how like in life, like being can happen, and if you were like five seconds later, five seconds earlier, it alters the future. That sound a cuckoo, but you know what I mean. So anyway, because I dropped my phone because I went back, I now walk out and walk right into someone I have not seen since my twenties, Linda Murray.
Speaker 2: She we were super good friends.
Speaker 1: She was my next door neighbor at my very first apartment I moved into when I was eighteen and a half. The door Chester, not the will Shure that I talk about, a lot that was like a few doors down. This was my first one. Literally have not seen her since, oh my gosh, like my twenty first birthday. So I'm like, whoa, oh my gosh. I said, what are the chances? I can't believe we're walking into each other right now, and she's like, I know, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: So I say.
Speaker 1: We exchange numbers and have been texting ever since. But I'm like, wow, that was such a bizarre what are the chances? But there are no chances right, Like it was meant to happen, so very cool. And we used to go to Monty's and Westwood together. That's that reference with her. Anyway, we get in the car, we go home, and I'm just like, wow, this has been like a wildly crazy day of like things are happening and signs like you're talking about signs. So cut forward the next day, I go down to get medicine caps random I know, to give bo medicine and I open up a drawer. Now in my house, well, you guys know me, well, I'm not organized like random where things are like nothing makes sense in my world, but everything makes sense, if that makes sense. I open up a drawer in the kitchen where the medicine caps are, and in the back the drawer there's a pack of lamb chop panties, the ruffle panties I was describing.
Speaker 2: Now, that's insane short of gut.
Speaker 1: So literally, I know, I like bought them at some point from Amazon or something, never used, and like when I make lamb chops one day. Growing up, we always like my family put these ruffle panties on. But the timing of it. I just opened the drawer.
Speaker 2: I see it there.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it since. I guess I put it there at some point in the past, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: But typically I'm moving so fast I wouldn't have seen, and I like slowed down to be like look and saw that. I was like, Wow, that's a funny coincidence.
Speaker 2: Take note of that.
Speaker 1: Then I went I went forward with my day. Five o'clock that day, my brother Randy sends me a video. We have not talked about any of this, and he and his daughters my nieces, are making lamb chops.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's crazy, like the two siblings have the lamb chop thing almost more than any of the other coincidences that the two of your brains.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, interesting, that's.
Speaker 1: Just because you always go back to what you like eat growing up, because it's like a comfort level, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's wal lamb chops.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but I make other things that are like comfort food.
Speaker 2: It's more relatable, like my chicken fried steak.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he's making lamb chops and I'm like, oh my gosh, and I'm just laughing. First of all, it looked so good, but I was like, my mouth's watering right now thinking about them.
Speaker 2: But I was like, wow, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: And lately, my brother and I have been talking a lot about taking time to really like I think I talked about Halloween, Like my Halloween costume was made from I was a pizza.
Speaker 2: But it came for me.
Speaker 1: Like rushing through Target to grab something else, seeing a dog toy and being like why does my brain want me to stop and pay attention to that, And then I'm like, oh, okay, that's my costume. So like, I've really been trying to take in like random things like is a deja vu? Is it just like add or ADHD? Like why am I not focused? Like or am I supposed to be focus on certain things and take note of them.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So he makes lam chops. They look amazing and anyway, Then the next take Bo has to go back because hit doctor Danny says he has something. We need to put him on antibiotics. But I want to put him on an antibiotic that that does not resistant to this stream, okay, And he said, so I need him to come back in.
Speaker 2: Is there any way you could get him back in?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my gosh, of course, Like I'm driving a million kids, doing a million things working and I'm like and I'm like, yep, I'll get him in. So ruth Anna remembers this because I feel like I had to like change meetings and stuff around that day. I remember, yep, yep, oh boy, but my kid's health, like they come first. So I go home and I say, because all the kids are home because it's you know, the holiday break, And I say, guys, I my gut is telling me that we should all go in and it'll take five seconds I'm like pitching to them why this is a good idea to maintain their health? Like what why not just say, guys, get the car go. So I'm like, but I me being me, I'm over talking, I'm overthinking, not over mommy. If I was over mommy, I again would have said let's just get in my car. So I said, something is telling me that we you guys should all get a swab. Doctor Danny said, everyone come in and since I'm going with bo anyway, we should go. So they all you know him in haw but they they do it. The one that was really resistant was your ring bear, ruth An Finn. Finn was ruth Anne's ring bear. What year did you and Tom get married?
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen and Finn, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna count on my fingers because I don't do math. He was four wait, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Oh five.
Speaker 1: So Finn was five and he was the ring bear in their wedding and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: He was so cute, Oh my god, it's cute.
Speaker 2: And he was so nervous, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And he did such a perfect job.
Speaker 2: He did a great job.
Speaker 1: But so I like to think that Ruthanne has a special place in her heart for Finn. I do I know, Oh my god, you can't pick favorites.
Speaker 3: Is that my favorite? There is no favorite. I love them all, but he has a special place in my life. I mean, he's my favorite.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding him, railing you up. So Finn is like, I'm not sick. I said, I've heard you cough. He's like, I have allergies, mom, And I was like, I don't know. Something just told me Finn is the one. Finn is the truth and one no. Finn needs to go. So I'm like, okay, well.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Let's just all go.
Speaker 1: So he agrees to go. Got him off his gaming console for an hour, so anyway, we all go. All five of them get swabbed, and doctor Danny says, I'll have the results in a day. So the next day, doctor Danny texts me and he says, I'm with my mother in law. She sends her love as well. She said she will never forget when she was pregnant with my wife.
Speaker 2: The gift that you gave her.
Speaker 1: I don't remember any of this, but I'm like, oh my gosh, what was it? And he said it's a blanket, and she still has it, and he sends me a picture of the blanket from Neiman Marcus and he's like, it's in my wife's like memory collection, and you, guys, I want to pull this up to give the exact wording because it's wild now, just to refresh the story in case you can't keep up, because this is kind of all over the place in wild. Doctor Danny's wife, her mother was the teacher that changed my life in fourth grade. Missus Christopher, doctor Danny is my pediatrician's brother, and he and my best friend Jess have kids that are best friends. Okay, I'm moving on. Okay, So he says, this is from missus Christopher. Here is the infamous Tory spelling blanket that I loved so much. It came in a beautiful gift basket from Neiman Marcus with another blanket that was yellow and white, an adorable musical lamb and a onesie woamb whoa lamb? What are the chances this is like a game of charades, you guys? Or what's that game when you like whisper the word and like the word is the poem.
Speaker 2: The past word it is?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that I'm a cable guy that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he also says I have the results. Can you get on the phone, And I'm like yes, So I get in the phone. This guy's very funny by the way, I can tell he's like one of mine, you know. So I'm like, okay, so.
Speaker 2: I can always read people. So I get on the phone.
Speaker 1: And I could hear like kids in the background, and he's like, you know, multitasking and he's like, oh, sorry, I'm you know, I'm sorry. I'm with the kids, like, and he's telling one like he has like young kids and he's like telling one.
Speaker 2: He's like he's like, hey me, your swim diaper hand me. No, no, no, no, you had like all of this and he was like sorry. I was like, oh my god, don't worry. This is my life.
Speaker 1: And then he goes, okay, so this is crazy, but you have five bacterias in your house.
Speaker 2: And I said, well, I know.
Speaker 1: That, but what are the results for the kids?
Speaker 2: He laughed. He was like going so fast with his crazy life.
Speaker 1: He took a moment. He's like, oh, that's funny. I'm like just trying to make you laugh.
Speaker 2: But I was like, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: So only four of them tested for bacterias in the house, but two of them tested for two different ones. So no, no, no, one of them tested for two different ones. Told you, I don't do math. Here we go bring it full circle. So there's five bacteries in the house. I have to get Yeah, so three four kids, they're on antibiotics.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that four kids. Wait, can I just back it up for Oh god, yes.
Speaker 4: Five kids living under the same roof end up with five different bacterias.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't get it. How does that work? Or did he not have enough time quick because he was diapering.
Speaker 1: My brother asked me the same thing, and I had to think about it, and I was like, because I'm not basic, like I don't know, Like.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, how this happened to me outside of the fact that it's you, and of course that would happen to you. I I think I'm looking for a more scientific explanation.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the poor guy was dealing with like a naked kid in like diapers and trying to dress her for the pool and spend time with this family.
Speaker 2: I didn't get into details.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find a pen to write all this down because he's telling me names.
Speaker 2: Of course, Finn has some.
Speaker 1: Virus or bacteria that starts with an F, and I'm like, oh, in Finn fashion, like you know, always a pun like my kid.
Speaker 2: I was like, of course, I've never even heard of this one.
Speaker 1: So I like, and I can't find a pen because you guys know, I don't write anything down. Everything stays in my brain. So I'm trying to find a pen. I found, I found a pen, wrote it down whatever. I had to go from room to room and read to the kids exactly what they had. And then doctor Danny was like, don't go down the rabbit hole of Google. He's like, just you know, I've seen all of these bacterias come in and out lately, a lot amongst you know, young kids, teenagers. Like it's just everything, it's all this is very normal. He did say that. He said, he just kept saying.
Speaker 2: You just have a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my now, yeah, that's the thing. Okay, So before I get too far away, keep in mind the word.
Speaker 2: Is lamb Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I tell him like, thank you very much, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Like all that.
Speaker 1: We get off the phone and this is crazy. We get off the phone and Manty I opened the door to come tell the kids like the results. I close myself in the bedroom because it's so loud in the house, to focus on doctor Danny for a moment, write all it down, and I now I'm like, okay, my paper, I'm going to go tell all the kids what they have. I opened the door and Monty is standing there. And Monty drops his favorite toy we call his baby. He loves stuffed animals. And I had forgotten that I got him this. He drops Lamb Chop right in front of me. You remember Lamb Chop from the the Old School. It was a character, a puppet like yeah originally right? It was so Sherry Lewis. She famously created and performed sock puppet Adrian. Yes, Lamb Chop for Captain Kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Kangaroo.
Speaker 3: I'm old same. I loved Captain Kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Me too, Me too anyway, So but my mom was a huge fan.
Speaker 1: So when we were young, she always had like the Lamb Chop character puppet like for us, my brother and I. So they now make it in like Petco, there's always Lamb Chop. I don't know if people get the reference. Maybe they're just like, oh, it's a cute Lamb, but it literally is a take on that puppet, and I forgot. Whenever I see it, I always buy it because I was just such a huge fan. So I think like a couple months ago, I bought Lamb Chop at Petco for Monty. Anyway, long story short, he drops it right in front of me and I'm like, oh, it's your baby. I'm like, no, Lamb Lamb. Oh my god, this is another Lamb sign. What is happening? That's totally crazy. So have you figured out what the sign means? So I know my brother all of this and being like the type of brain I have, Like if you give me a priority list, my friend just says, I always like, if you give me a list of one to ten, I'll focus on number eleven on the list until it's done, like the details. So I'm telling him all this and he's like, Okay, I think there's an overall sign here. He's like, you're focusing on the details because I was like, missus Christopher and like what this is. He's like, I'm literally like playing this game of my life with like connecting the dots of like what do these signs mean? And He's like, I think it might just be an overall sign like LAMB. So he looks up what does LAMB mean in your life? Not the meat like lamb? Sorry, I just keep saying that because I know those persons you're out with them because you don't need LAMB.
Speaker 3: Nice. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Okay, And I wish I wish it was another reference, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is. It is.
Speaker 3: You can't fight. You can't fight the signs.
Speaker 2: You can't fight the signs. Okay.
Speaker 1: So he was just saying, like the overall thing that keeps coming here, like you're looking at the details is LAMB, right?
Speaker 2: And I was like yeah, he's like.
Speaker 1: So he was like, look up the spiritual meaning of keep like when you keep seeing or getting that sign of lamb and this is crazy, you guys. Here's what it means if you look it up. The spiritual meaning of seeing a lamb is about remembering who you were before the world hardened you and choosing again to live with gentle strength. Like what that's got me in my tracks? I was like, oh my gosh, this is crazy. It's like, yeah, overall like a lot of exhausting, but fun signs, But like the takeaway was like, okay, like I no choke, literally like kind of looked up and I was like, thanks Dad, Oh I love Like I literally took that moment because I was like, oh my god, Like, I don't know. It's just like a beautiful concept to think, Like people say, look for signs that your loved ones are around, and you know they'll be like a butterfly or you know, like a penny things like that. But I'm always like, is it go beyond that? And I don't know, We don't know.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I whatever it was or whoever it was, I was just like, I'm grateful, thank you. So yeah, that's my takeaway for now. So I'm gonna go rule the world. Any questions, Just kidding