Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR Yo Yo Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio again streaming live on YouTube. Watched the show at Covino and Rich FSR and you want to hear the podcast, just search Covino and Rich and leave a nice comment. Yeah, Danny Gen is here. Iowa sale. It wasn't Joos. It's up boys standbyers here. He's the grand Pooba of last one standing. We're gonna play later for some prizes. Oh you know what, without further delay, I tell they forgot dannyj. Happy belated birthday to your son CoA.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is actual birthday is tomorrow on the fifth.
Speaker 1: I uh Coavino and I both sent you a little Uh Venmo? Is that by the way? Do you need birthday cards anymore? Or you could be like I Venmo, you.
Speaker 2: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty six case, he's case I get Cola's sweet birthday card, a Monopoly themed one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Sam mailed it.
Speaker 1: No, I handed Oliver. Let's just say, but I have something to you, daniyge. Hold let me run it in there for you. Hold on, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah for me?
Speaker 4: And oh that yeah, hopefully it's a gas mask for that minion'spart machine that CoA keeps firing all that.
Speaker 1: So knowing Rich on Fox Sports Radio and again Iowa Sam and Dan Byer. Here Danny G's opening up a gift from us to him and his son for his son's birthday, and son CoA has turned three. Yeah, it's okay for you to open it, Danny. I thought this would be something special for you based on your your day the other day. You said you took your son to his first Dodgers game.
Speaker 2: Yep, we that nice for wrapping. Oh very cool.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so we printed out your son holding up his Dodgers film Faker and you and him walking into Dodger Stadium the first time together.
Speaker 2: So cool, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: I figure that could that's definitely on the Danny G desk.
Speaker 2: At home or so. Oh yeah, that is going on the mantle. He's from.
Speaker 1: Spot take a one shot look at it. I shouldn't look at that beautiful picture Spot on the one show.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you guys. First of all, I don't sound anything like that, but I figure you don't do that.
Speaker 2: It is awesome.
Speaker 1: You're AIG Dodgers fan. You know, enjoy buddy. You know we don't do enough of I will say, what pizza time here on Fox Sports Radio. We should bring some pizza in this because we have so many and it's the truth. Everyone, look at your phone right now. How many pictures do you have in your phone? Apparently right now ten twenty fifty million. You know how many pictures you have.
Speaker 4: I think I have like twenty thousand pictures dating back to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Fifty thousand items in my live But you know what we don't do anymore, Danny, pretty much, we don't print things out and put them in frame.
Speaker 4: I try to do that once or twice a year using that company Shutterfly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you to CBS should go to Walgreens wherever, or you could go to a nicer print shop. But the reality is we have all these beautiful family photos moments that ball games are a big fight night and they just live in your phone, which is fine, but I think every so often you got to remind yourself print a couple photos out, think of how your mom used to do that, the photo albums and everything. Man, mostly polaroids and they're all cracking and that film falling out of the photo albums, old photo albums, old krusty photo albums. Anyway, Happy Birthday tomorrow, but they celebrated this weekend Takoa. I was on the East Coast, so I couldn't make it the Chuck E Cheese. If it was a show biz pizza place, Danny G.
Speaker 2: I would have been there. You would have flew back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Chuck E Cheese. Nah, But anyway, Cavino raves and I know we have a lot of East Coast affiliates show biz pizza. I've never heard someone talk more about a place that.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: I was a huge fan of the band Rock of Fire Explosion when my first albums, but just the arcade and the pizza. It was the in my opinion original o G. Chuck E Cheese and then Chuck E Cheese brought them out, but they had way better animatronics. But anyway, I digest now a lot of people hitting us up about conspiracy still on the live chat, which is great. Thanks for all the feedback. By the way, no one brought up show Hey O, Tany and Epe some conspiracy there? What really happened there? There's still there's still some people that speculate, but the reality. The reality is like sometimes a good conspiracy has a good cover up. And Manny Munoz hits us up and he says, who dares say Babe Ruth wasn't real? That would mean the whole Sandlot story would be fake. And we know that's not true, and we know the Beast was real. But yeah, PCA said, if there was a conspiracy, he digs this the fact that Babe Ruth never existed. So we're still still getting feedback on that. But let's speaking of the Yankees. Ever thought play connected dots for a second? La la la la, Okay, connect that dots like your p W horn before.
Speaker 2: You Babe Ruth had two daughters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, so like he pro created and then presulably they procreated it, I would say, because he's like such a mythical guy.
Speaker 1: And what he did was like so legendary it almost seems fake, like years from now, I could see like, one hundred years from now, I could see that being like, yeah, yeah, he probably didn't even exist. Connect the dots for me, but not now, Saram, I'm with you. You just said we talked about Pete Kerr Armstrong one of the best players in baseball. In fact, as of right now, Vegas has him as second only to show Hey Otani as far as MVP voting goes. Now, like if the season ended today, he'd have the second best odds. Mets. Let him slip away. Superstar for the Cubs, who, by the way, are a ninety They're gonna be a ninety one team. Cubs could get dangerous in the playoffs. I went to sleep on the Cubs. We said the PCA didn't believe that Babe Ruth existed, and then you joke that The Sandlot wouldn't have been a movie. Well, Manny Moonios on our feedback again, we're chatting. You could join the live chat at Covino and rich FSR do YouTube. Did you see to tie in the Sandlot? Did you see they finally figured out the name of Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift's dog, Not that anyone cares but it ties Wendy Peppercorn? Is it Big Beast? Not really Wendy?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: And because of Travis loved that movie And apparently it's because they joke. One of their little inside jokes is about Wendy Peppercorn. So Travis and Taylor name their dog after the sad Why do you always find a goofy way to bring up Travis and Taylor? You always find we could be talking about anything. How did I could I connect? When it comes to Statir, the league leader of Taylor, Swift references, I want everybody to know I connected the dots better than my kids did on their little place mat at ihop the other morning. Everything is three degrees away from Travis and Taylor in Riches world. Okay, fair enough, how about this, there's a story. And if you want to chime in, by the way, about catching strays Kevin Durant's style, that's it's I feel like, don't ever do that unintenably. Maybe that's the lesson, just to wrap up that conversation. You might think you're trying to make a point, but if you're hurting someone's feelings in making your point, it's not worth it. They're grown men, they could take it. I'm off. I don't feel bad for Klay Thompson, who makes a busillion dollars, But this is in regards if he just joined us. In regards to people on social media claiming that Lebron's doing exactly what KD did, Yeah, KD is like, hold up, I'd enjoy a team full of MVPs. And then then yeah, Kevin Durant in an attempt to make it seem like Lebron was doing something way different than him. Lay Thompson never an MVP, he was twenty two points per game, and Clay's like, yo, dude.
Speaker 2: Never an MVP of nothing.
Speaker 1: Never a candidate, never an MVP candidate of nothing. You know, what do you say that about Clay for? And he throws Lebron, KD, he throws Draymond green stuff. He throws them all under the bus in trying to make his point. So just from the publicly, you don't need to throw everyone under the bus when making a point. No, nope, all right, so move it along. There was a story. Now this free surface. You know when the stories on social media and then like years later they resurface. Well, I guess because Burnhal's The Punisher, and you know, maybe that maybe that's why, maybe that alone, but I feel like this happens every so often where you me or Danny. By the way, On a side note, we've interviewed John Burnhal bunch of times. Yeah, and he was a big baseball guy, big baseball. He played baseball professionally, I think in.
Speaker 3: Russia was the story he told us. So he was a professional baseball baseball. He must play in the dome so cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not exactly like you know, the best place to play, but he did love the game of baseball. And then you know, ended up being an actor Walking Dead Shane, you know, Punisher, big time actor, and we're all guilty of this one. We'll send a clip to each other and it's like, well, that's a cool clip. I feel like I've seen this because that's the worldly living. Eventually, sometimes these clips resurface, and John Berthall of The Walking Dead Punisher himself said that I don't trust people who take naps. He's like, you're an adult who takes naps. If you take a nap, I don't trust you in business. I don't trust you in life. You're grown up. What are you taking the nap of you kindergarten, I don't trust you, and it just got us talking before the show. You know, science doesn't back them up though, and you know, sometimes the nap is good, Danny g. It feels good to take it now, you went when we fill in for Dan Patrick, and word on the streets is we're going to do that the weekend, next weekend, next week, not this week next week. When we fill in for Dan Patrick, being that he's on earlier, especially out here in California, it throws off our schedules so hard. Later that day it's almost guaranteed, George forman guarantee, I guarantee that we're falling asleep. We're taking a little nag. We'll think about it, if you know, nap. Most of our affiliates are as Danny always points out back, the East Coast and Midwest, right. But when we fill in for Dan out here in La we're we're up at four thirty five in the morning, that's six am, So we're up at the four o'clock hour, get ready to come here and get ready for the show. Can you know you damn right by two in the afternoon, you're not ready, Dany G. For a little like you tell them, Brenda, like you find if I take a half hour nap, taking a two hour nap, so I mean naps. That's a question itself. Is it weird for grown men to take naps? I think if your schedule, like I said, if it does, if your schedule's off, you were traveling, your jet lagged, I think sometimes there's just no avoiding it. Yeah, Buyer, if you go out, Dan Buyer, if you go out golfing and you you are in the heat, eighteen holes, long day on the course when you get home, would your wife question you if if you fell asleep taking a nap on the couch.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I think there's a difference between planned naps and one where you just kind of those.
Speaker 1: As our parents just say you're conked out, You're absolutely right. Like, if you're an adult and you have to like revolve your day around your nap time like you're in kindergarten, I think that's weird. Well, if you're so exhaust like Danny and Danny g you both have little guys, they're exhausting, I think you know, you might just conk out watching something boring on TV.
Speaker 3: I think little kid napping and adult napping are two different things. Little kids need to nap, not because they have so much energy, but like their mood will sour closer to bedtime if they don't nap, and adults nap because we're like lacking energy, like you.
Speaker 4: Know you might is telling you right, Yeah, this article says sleep scientists are not on his side. They consistently find naps improved mood, memory, and productivity.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild about that, Danny g It's like in reality to back up what you're saying there. Most of the time, even if it's like fifteen twenty minutes, you wake up feeling totally different, Like, wow, that's all I needed. I guess it's like turning your iPhone on and off. Yeah, And like the longer you end up sleeping, the more tired you feel. Right, So sometimes you just need that little nap. But John Bernhaal, it makes a funny point, you know, like what kind of adult needs to you know who?
Speaker 3: I don't trust adults that nap said that in a bit it was hilarious. As Sebastian Man of Scalco, He's like, we grew up in my household.
Speaker 1: When you were up you were up. There was no such thing as a nap. Let me tell you. We talked about conspiracy theories earlier in the show. Do we know who invented the eight hour work day? It was Thomas Edison. He just I'm sorry, Jerald Thomas citizen, Henry Ford. I was gonna say, Gerald Ford, not him either. It was Ford who decided to make the factory workday nine to five, not Dolly Parton. She didn't go about with that. It was nine to five and Ford just said, let's do that, and that Thomas Edison sang the song right, yeah, No, Dolly Parton sang the song for anyway Now you confuse me.
Speaker 5: No, it was Thomas Edison, Gerald Ford and Babe Ruth they started.
Speaker 1: You're confusing me, man. No, it was Henry Ford who said that. And if you look it up, the idea of someone saying you need an eight hour not a sleep, that's also a myth. It could range from six to seven for some people, nine for others. So the eight hour you need eight hours sleep that's also a myth.
Speaker 3: Maybe burn Thal has like outstanding stamina, he only needs to sleep six hours a night, and he doesn't need to nap.
Speaker 1: Doesn't believe it. Well, that's all. Yeah, he's wound pretty tight. He seems like he's got a lot of energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says his comment is a reflection of his own high energy approach of to work in life.
Speaker 1: A lot of aggressive energy.
Speaker 2: That dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's intense.
Speaker 2: It's got a scowl.
Speaker 1: But based on Burnhal's viral clip that's gone viral again, are there other things that people do that make you not trust them?
Speaker 2: We can shake we made.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. We trust you. I don't trust that guy. He feels like they're tickling your hand, Like what are you doing? I gotta be honest. Rich is guilty of one of them. Because we were talking about it before the show started, Sexy Ryan, who works here. Ryan, he was like, man, you know what, I don't trust anybody that claims to have never seen Star Wars. And I'm thinking, yeah, Rich never, So, I mean I saw it. I just thought it stunk. He just watched it. He watched like half of it. I watched it like as an adult. He's like, yeah, you know, like to be like an adult and like totally miss out life. He's like, I don't trust you.
Speaker 4: I feel like you were cleaning your kitchen while it was on Rich Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Rich's thought on that was, though, if you've never seen it as a kid, you can't watch it and appreciate it as an adult. We can't. I missed out, it's true, so like he wasn't really tuned in on it. Big Big Mike doesn't trust dan Byer. Oh why is that? Because Big Mike said, whoa, now dan Byers catching strays. It all goes guls goes together, Mike, Big Mike said, I don't know if I trust someone that when I'm having a drink doesn't ever drink with me. Oh hey, sometimes I have to bow out of that. Big Big Mike's like, I don't trust someone that doesn't drink.
Speaker 2: That totally sounds like him because it's so stupid, so dumb.
Speaker 1: Why am I right on brand? I got one too, and.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's trying to be like, I'm big morere here.
Speaker 5: If you don't if you don't enjoy good whiskey like me when I went on the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky, then you know that's that's all that it is.
Speaker 2: It's complete phony, like watch However Wars and whiskey. Yeah, real man, and I don't need a nap a little bit at six pm anyway.
Speaker 1: That's funny, man, everyone's catching straight.
Speaker 2: Iowa.
Speaker 1: Sam's kind of gonna catch one right now, okay, because I really don't if you're if you're grown up right and there's no social media footprint for you, I find that to be interesting and odd and like, I don mean, I know, I know, but you're just not on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Guys, hang up with Instagram, probably the most popular one.
Speaker 1: And I know that you're working media. That's why, Like, if you're a regular, if you're I got.
Speaker 2: The lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Children. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 3: So you're saying Instagram is found liable. There's people that have been in my life for corrupting children. This was in the news. This was like four months ago. You don't even have children, No corrupting kids who use Instagram. They said that it's a bad it's bad for people's brains. TikTok is the work talks the word sure, so they're all bad. I'm on Facebook and Twitter, that's where you can find me and LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: No, actually, I'm just kidding. I respect salmon and I'll make it.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what spot wants me to make an account just you guys can tag me.
Speaker 1: But if I should google your name and you're an adult, right and there's no like sort of you're not easy to find. I can't you're not on social media, like Aaron, what I actually think that's cool? If you have no footprints, I'm telling that's it's not cool. It's weird in today's world because it's like you've never had a job, no one ever wrote about it. If you were double O seven, but you're you never lived anywhere, like there's no record of you like that's those are red flags. One people in my life, people I've dated, where you google their name like they're nowhere to be found. No, it's it's an indicator. It's indictive of hiding or running from something like yeah, the weird life that they live. I'll give. I'll just value private break. What are you so private about it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't want youse phone numbers in addressing?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? Nobody wants that? But you also don't have social media. There's not one image of you anywhere, like there's no.
Speaker 3: One record of your name on Give me a break, googled Update anchor Steve de Seger, and it was like there was almost nothing on him, like all the camera I found, Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're talking about a strange God.
Speaker 3: He's been in the business for years and he's so private and I'm like, this is actually kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Then he's in the wrong industry, all right. No, Steve D is just Steve D. I think there's it depends how old you. Like I said, it depends a Tom Cruise private life. There's dude looks like Tom Cruise, and I think, to me, man, it's just an indicator of the weird life they lived after me.
Speaker 3: The old heads that don't have social media never did and like they're just tagged like with like a black name instead of the actual tag name. I find that to be kind of fascinating. And by the way, dude, I know they just don't give a crap.
Speaker 1: I know other people that don't have any sort of social media footprint or you can't find them, and they're shady people. So that's why I'm saying, you know, this is one of the things that proves they can't be trusted. Yeah, can I give you one I'll give you one more. I'm not gonna come down on like a like maybe even half our audience. So I won't say if you have an Android, I'll allow that. I want to say, if you have an Android, I'm truff I trust he'll allow that. I want people to let that down. I won't. I won't come down on you. I won't come down he because says, you know the one person that ruins the group text, I'm not going to call you out. I'll allow it. I get it. Maybe you got a deal or something.
Speaker 2: You know who?
Speaker 1: I do trust, though rich a Mets fan. Why they've proven to be loyal? Why would you not? Danny g you know who? I don't trust the person you know and you know how. A lot of times people say you can't date a woman that has more than like multiple cats, like there's a limit where it's like all right, like oh she's a cat lover, all right, three three, or it's like you're crazy girl, it was a crazy woman. I feel like, if in the time I've known you, you're only allowed to change your phone number one time. If you change your phone number more than once, it's not.
Speaker 2: You the run from the bookie.
Speaker 1: Change your phone one time is like after you you change your phone number one time. Maybe it's a hey, uh, you know, I want to I'm trying to avoid something in my past, or I change my provider and don't feel like going through all the rigamarole. But if you've changed your phone number multiple times, I'm assuming are you who are you running from? I'm assuming something. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I have family members that always have different phones. I had a friend, but you're what's going on in your life?
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy that was like every like years, so wo'd be like, yeah, here's my new number. After a while, I stopped saving. I'm like, yeah, if you need to get a hold of me, just whatever, you find me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have my number, you weird. Oh you can contact me all right.
Speaker 1: The numbers eight seven seven on Fox never changed, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, executive decision here, the lines are loaded on this topic.
Speaker 1: So let's keep it wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's going to block the game. So we're going to have to end the show with last one standing.
Speaker 1: And if we don't get to it, Danny, here's the crazy part. We can always do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see, Hey, we'll see how it goes Hey, Tomorrow's jam Packed with Mike who runs his take in midweek Major.
Speaker 1: Oh dan Byer told me. Dan Byer told me he thinks we could drop the mic segment. Drop the mic who needs that one? We got more Coveno on Wretch next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, if you work in logistics, yeay, like Cavino Legimadude, that's company for real. You know one thing, nothing moves without you, and right now, companies everywhere are looking for skilled people who can keep their supply chains running strong. Find your next job through Express Employment pro At Express Employment Pros, logistics isn't just another career field. It's a specialty. From where house associates and forklift operators to shipping and receiving CDL drivers, inventory coordinators, and more. Express connects you with the roles that keep business moving. Go to expresspros dot com, find a location near you, give them a call. Whether you need to get your foot in the door or with the contract roll, or you're looking for full time work, Express finds you a job where your skills fit and your experience matters. You said it, buddy. In the best part with Express, there's never any fees for job seekers. So if you are ready for your next shift, your next challenge, or your next big move, let Express help you find the logistic job that fits expresspros dot Com. Go there today. Stop searching alone, get support, get options, get to work. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search our couplefs on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 2: Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yayyay. Look at that storty of getting late getting late early. Who said that it's getting late early? I think it was Covino Enrich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, and normally at this time we played last One Standing, but we're gonna push it back just for a few, for a few because we're getting a lot of phone calls about this John Burnhal story. Yea, by the way, who came up with the nine to five, Jamal Adams, Henry Ford, Henry Ford, so my tooty parton John Burnhal the Punisher. This clip has been around, but it's resurfaced. It's gone viral again about how people who take naps shouldn't be trusted. So we put together a little list of other things that make people, you know, untrustworthy at times. I said to Sam, anybody who doesn't have like a footprint online. We said, people who don't like animals, or even worse, people that change your phone number more than once. No, no, say, when animals don't like that person, it makes you maybe not trust them sometimes, we said, people that don't drink. These are all like sort of indicators what's going on there? Listen, I get it. There's a difference between playfully doing it and doing it like for real, when people are like like put off by like kids, hard for me to trust that press. Like I get when people joke, oh kids are paying the butt, But when when you see some of those.
Speaker 2: Like they legitimately hate like or getting that like a.
Speaker 1: Crying kid, It's like, what type of person are you? How about? Like, like, I know there's people in my life right, there's people in myfe for real that claim to be like hardcore fans of name a team, right, and then they'll say to me something still like yeah, do they play today? And it's like, what do you mean? Did they play today? So you're a pig fan? How do you not know?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: And it makes me think that they feed me bs and that they're not legitimate on what they say. You know. So like things like that I pick up on a lot. So what are other indicators that make you not want to trust somebody? I'll give you one. Yeah, I don't trust someone a growing up. Have you ever heard come across some of these people that say like I've never looked at any smut ever, because I feel like that's impossible. Yeah, Like some people are in complete denial of like ever by accident, okay, okay, don't get it out. And by the way, you know where I got that that thought about the sports team too, is like I remember there was a girl who was just trying to get on my good seat back in the day, and she was telling me how much she loves rock music. I was like, oh, cool, man, is girl's the best? She likes rock music. She's hot. So I made the mistake by like being inquisitive. And I was like, oh, so, like, what bands are you into? And she's like, yeah, I really there's a band I really like, Incumbus. And I was Encumbus to you, Oh you mean Inky Emsis And it made me want to barf. But I appreciated the effort. But I realized right then and there she was just lying to me to get on my good side. So there's a lot of people that they sell you stuff just to get on your good side, in sports and entertainment and just life. So what makes someone untrustworthy? Let's go to the phones. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox is the number, and then we'll play some last one standing out Alllo have some thoughts on on on the Yankee suit, on life. Really, I don't trust of what that says. Uh, I don't have a television? Well, if you're young, that's theirs generation. Yeah, maybe young now, but like back in the day when someone's like you don't have a TV because you know, there's a lot there's a college dorm room doesn't look like it used to.
Speaker 2: Right. People don't do TVs?
Speaker 1: You right, Yeah, you have two TVs? You must be rich.
Speaker 2: You must be rich. Let's start with Will in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Hey, Will, you're on the show in rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Was going on guys.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, so number one.
Speaker 8: I had this h Well, my ex wife her or her father always used to tell me you.
Speaker 2: Never trust a guy with two first names.
Speaker 1: My name is Will.
Speaker 2: Gray, you know.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, uh, you know, after we had separated and everything and divorced.
Speaker 3: Like maybe he was trying to tell me something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rich David, I like that.
Speaker 1: It's a funny one though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny too because old school radio DJs would always take two first names so that they'd be like at the top of people's memories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true, true story.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Virginia. James.
Speaker 1: What's up, James?
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you taking my car? Gentlemen have the shoes day, big time, all the time, every time for the commanders.
Speaker 1: Man, what up, buddy?
Speaker 9: On a quick side note, man, I just want to throw out me. I'm gonna send you guys a picture. I came home last night. My daughter was in the crib sleeping with the Covino and.
Speaker 10: Rich nerve football mandline, living that dad life, dadlight Hey, kid, life is a crazy life, but it's a great life.
Speaker 9: For guys. Listen, man, I got to take some umbridge with y'all real quick.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: I'm forty three, so I come from generation just like y'all. I have no social media whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Okay, but faith no online. If I if I did like a deep dive, I can't find like a picture that someone posted of you somewhere.
Speaker 9: Recation programme from Virginia, so late first, James from Virginia. You'll see me on the Dan Patrick Show. Shout out to DP and the Day and Nets. They had me onto the guests one time.
Speaker 1: And that's why use personal examples. There's girls, there's women that I've dated, and people in my family that you can't find them. You know that's intentional.
Speaker 4: The DP episode he's talking about, I was listening live that day and all the Dan Patrick listeners were freaking out because they saw what James looked like, because they had heard him for so many years on the DP Show, and no one knew what he looked like.
Speaker 1: James, keep in mind, I'm not saying that everybody needs social media. Social media is the devil's You can't find them like online an image or anything about them right, Like to me in today's world, that's like almost impossible. So how'd you do that?
Speaker 2: I think it's a cool man a mystery thing.
Speaker 1: It could be. It depends how you look at it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Waco. Trevor, Hey, Waco.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's going on? Guys? Hey, thanks again for the I got the pro one of the prize packs. You know, Dan Bayer, Danny g Cavino, Rich, I would saying you guys do a great job.
Speaker 2: I'll thank you.
Speaker 11: So I'll be quick. First things first, the burn Thalt burn Thal thing. If he's going to be so closely knit with the military, he needs to get up with some of his military brethren and talk about that, because that's how that's how we we ran for so long.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But going to the trustworthy thing, uh, immediately, lack of eye contact. You don't make eye contact with me, especially when we first meet, or if we're having a conversation that has is of relative importance, then I won't trust you at all. Thanks, guys, appreciate.
Speaker 1: You know what I had. I totally agree with that initial eye contact. That's the key, because I'll make it Hey, look you in the eye, shake your hand. Nice to meet you. What's your name, Danny, Danny, I'm Steve, all right, cool? After that, too much eye contact gets awkward for me.
Speaker 3: I had at first, But if it's unrelenting, unceasing eye contact, I.
Speaker 1: Had a boss. Now you're freaking out. I had a boss, and Covino knows the guy. I had a boss back at the day who during like our job interview, was like abnormal eye contact and it was freaking me out, man, Like, you know what, I'm talking about, my old my old operations. But his whole thing was like I'm just sort of like assessing you. Man, that's way too intense, Like stop looking at me. All right, let's go to dB for an update. Damn buyer, what is going on?
Speaker 5: I'm so surprised that Sam doesn't use Instagram because I feel that Instagram is like when people have a vacation. That's why I liked on Facebook, when people would post like vacation pictures, that's what I would use it more. And Instagram is filtering out all the other crazy stuff on a great Facebook, Like so it's just pictures.
Speaker 1: To me, exes, like people fight about politics and sports, and faceless. To me, Instagram is like just pictures of people you know.
Speaker 3: Correct, and again I always go back to this, I always I still Meta still owns me by being a part of Facebook. So obviously doubling up with Meta.
Speaker 1: And those God forbid suspicious instance sobs instance.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why we are here.
Speaker 5: We can tell you that the John Robinson became the highest paid running back in NFL history, getting a three year extension or seventy five million dollars fifty one million dollars guaranteed, say Flowers of the Ravens. He gets a four year extension wide receivers dealers worth one hundred and forty million dollars, with reports saying he'll get guarantees north of one hundred million dollars. And the Bears made tackle Darnell Wrights a happy man four year extension one hundred and sixteen million dollars ninety three million dollars guaranteed. He becomes the second highest paid line in the NFL, behind Laramie Tunsel of the Commanders. Now there's more news from Falcons camp. Edge rusher Jalen Walker had to leave with an apparent ACL injury. NFL Network says the team fears that Walker may have torn his acl. Chargers left tackle Rashaan Slater was taken to the medical tent during eleven on eleven's today. He's coming back from that arm injury last season. He did not return to action immediately, but did remain in pads on the sidelines for the team. Cardinals will start rookie in third round pick Carson Becket quarterback Thursday in the Hall of Fame game in Canton against the Panthers. Dodgers. Tonight will start Trek Scoobell, making his LA debuts there in Chicago facing the Cubs. The WNBA expansion franchise in Cleveland isn't coming around until twenty twenty eight, but today we found out they'll be known as the Cleveland Sirens in Ohio States. The preseason number one in the top twenty five coaches poll the buck Guys, receiving thirty eight out of a possible seventy two first place votes. Oregon second, followed by Georgia, Texas and Notre Dame. What's interesting is Indiana was sixth, but they see the second most amount of first place votes at fourteen. We usually follow the AP poll, but the Coaches Poll likes the Buckeyes number one guys. Back to you, Thank you, Dan. You must like that then, right, I don't like the expectations. You know, they played Texas early on in the season. I would rather have Texas be the higher ing team going as maybe the underdog.
Speaker 1: Is this the big year for arch Manning?
Speaker 5: It could be this year, it could be next year. He's got another year of eligibility. But I rid for Arch. I do just won against the Buckeyes.
Speaker 1: All right, well, hey, thank you, dbuh. We have a late round of Last one Standing. We're going to do next. So if you want in, you want to win some prizes. We want that grilling ame. Let's do it. Eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. Last one Standing next right here in coven on Rich. Oh, It's time for Last one Standing. Who will stand alone? God Smackstyle.
Speaker 6: Live second to battle for your sports. Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge CNRS.
Speaker 1: Last one Standing, Last one Standing?
Speaker 2: All right, Last one Standing brought to you by Express Pros.
Speaker 1: I was saying with the trigger figure over there, and by the way, yeah Express one time here, let's go. Let's go working logistics. You know nothing moves without you. Companies needs skilled people now, and Express Employment Pros can help find you contractor full time work to fits at no cost to you. Visit expresspros dot Com, Get support, get options, get to work.
Speaker 4: All right, Hopefully we have time to get three of the categories ready to go. If needed a tie break, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, I was Sam takes you out with a buzzer. You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you went two of the rounds, you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Thirteen time winner Steve Covina, let's go right next to him. Twenty time winner Rich Davis and the leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 4: Forty eight time winner Dan Byer Helady go to the studio lines right now. See who's playing for a summer brill and Apron prize back dB. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful Reno, Nevada, Missoula, Montana, Des Moines, Iowa, Spokane, Washington, Waverley, Iowa. Or Edwards Air Force Base, Mojabbi California.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, I wouldn't want to be there right now. But they're going through a tough time. So let's uh, let's put Spokane on the map, dealing with all the fires up there. Try to put some some good in someone's day. Brett in Spokane, how are you doing, Brett, Brett?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 11: Bye?
Speaker 2: All right, Brett.
Speaker 11: We're just going through the far like you said, Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, man, we're praying for you and your neighbors there in for spot fact checking is brand in right now?
Speaker 2: Be patient with him.
Speaker 4: When I say your name, the clock is going to start, all right, first category two days away. You have five seconds to name an NFL QB who led the league in most passing yards last season. Most passing yards will take the top twenty Covino, you're up first.
Speaker 1: Go Stafford, Yes, yeah, of course, number one.
Speaker 2: And Rich.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Dak Prescott YEP number three, buyer Aaron Rodgers number fifteen.
Speaker 2: Just made it, Brett Damn Darnold YEP number five. Back to coveno Hm three two O.
Speaker 1: My guy Baker Mayfield YEP number ten.
Speaker 4: Rich Damn three two one out of the buyer.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen YEP number eleven, YEP good poll. Brett uh Jalen Hurt YEP number sixteen, Nice, Coveno.
Speaker 8: Three, Hebert YEP number nine, Byer, Caleb Williams YEP number seven.
Speaker 2: Brett.
Speaker 9: Oh, Paton Holmes.
Speaker 2: YEP number twelve, still made it.
Speaker 4: Coveno three two one out of there between dB and Brett Byer.
Speaker 2: I know what I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, and I didn't say.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence YEP number six. Brett Oh.
Speaker 1: Scott said it.
Speaker 4: Dak Prescott Oh, I already said quickly, Yeah, there he got it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: T B gets that round, all right, dB gets that round. Drake may right, yeah, quickly. Some of the names Bo Nicks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jared Goff was second, Drake may Or Phone Nicks.
Speaker 2: Geno Smith was twentieth. Just made it.
Speaker 4: Smith made the list, all right, second category into the New age. You have five seconds to name an MLB team whose stadium opened in two thousand and one or later. There's thirteen answers on the board.
Speaker 2: MLB. You said, MLB stadiums that opened in two thousand and.
Speaker 4: One or later, two thousand and one or all right, So Brett, we go in reverse orders, starting with you right now, go.
Speaker 2: The Mariners. Now, I don't see it after ninety five. Sorry, Brett Byer Yankees yep, Yeah, what's that? Two thousand and nine, two thousand and nine, Rich Metts yep. Two thousand and nine as well. Covino three two.
Speaker 8: Pittsburgh Yes, two thousand and one, good Buyer Lee Rangers Yes, twenty twenty, Rich three two the Nationals Yes, two thousand and eight. Covino three two one Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I forgot here. That was Buyer Padres.
Speaker 8: Yes, two thousand and four, Rich three two Marvel Yeah, twenty twelve. Back to back to DV Braves yep.
Speaker 2: Twenty seventeen. Back to Rich.
Speaker 1: Three two Twins Yes, two thousand.
Speaker 4: Good pull fire, Oh jeez, three thousand and one two one, Rich gets that round Buyer and Rich on the board.
Speaker 1: Brewers or.
Speaker 8: The Cardinals, the new Bush Stadium right, the Carnalds, Brewers, Phillies, Reds.
Speaker 2: Only four Brewers two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brewers just just made it. Yeah when he usedon had that ridiculous flag pole on the outfield.
Speaker 2: Where was that Ela Hill?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was like, yeah, longer to go than you think. Yeah, you guys, we are on a time crime. We're in a time crime. I think we should do tie break and we'll give everybody a shot. Okay, so, Brett, you're in on this, dB covinoy, let's do everybody. Everybody's in on this. It's whoever comes closest. Just buzz in with your name when you're ready. Chris A. Lava he just received a huge extension from the Saints last week. How many yards receiving did he have last season? Chris A lave Yes, how many yards receiving did he have last season? Closest number wins? Think about it for a few seconds.
Speaker 5: Here, I'll say twelve thirteen, twelve thirteen for buyer, okay, co.
Speaker 1: I wrote down a number.
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Eight thirty two?
Speaker 2: I wrote?
Speaker 1: I wrote, I wrote thirteen eight thirteen eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brett, I'm gonna go twelve to fifty twelve fifty. You were so close, but Buyer gets it at twelve thirteen. The actual retail yards one and sixty three fire the closest, all right. That is Dan Bayer's forty ninth win in this game.
Speaker 1: Ah, forty nine ers. He's retiring at fifty is man.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Brett in Washington, you know what, because of what the Pacific Northwest is going through with the fires, we are still gonna send you a price pack there you got. Yeah, you did, buddy, you did really good in the game. So we're gonna go ahead and mail a prize to you.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you man. I appreciation safe, appreciate you man.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So that was fun. Thank you, Danny g great questions, last one standing. dB wins again. And hey, just reason to maybe check out the Yankees tonight because I'll be watching them. George Lombard Junior. Maybe the Yankees didn't get all the players they wanted or you know, fix all the holes that they needed fixing. But George Lombard Junior makes his start, his debut. Longtime touted shortstop Volpi and Jason Domingez got sent down option to the miners. Lombard Junior starting tonight.
Speaker 3: You're saying there's a Lombard support there. Lombard support is happening tonight. You know, John rest in peace, John Sterling was around.
Speaker 1: The jokes, yes, would be endless, but hey, let's see what he does. Man, his first start tonight. Lombard support and scoop for the Dodgers. So that's that could be a that's a big playoff preview. I will see you guys tomorrow, have a great Tuesday. Until then, are with there you baby, see you in the Promised Land.