Speaker 1: Also media, Welcome back to a jacktoral dysfunction.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's the worst one yet. That's the worst one yet. Folks, we did not think it could get worse, and yet here we are.
Speaker 1: I knew it could get.
Speaker 3: Worse and always get worse.
Speaker 2: Old quitting my jobs today, This is it could happen here. Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today, joined by Ejaculator in Jesus right.
Speaker 1: Wow, garis Garrison. That's much worse. You made it way worse.
Speaker 2: How many of those videos have you not watched?
Speaker 1: Get I think we're all pretty behind on the required trainings.
Speaker 3: Labor conditions are intolerable.
Speaker 2: Robert Evans, James Stout, and Mio Wong. This episode, we are covering the week of October fifteenth to October twenty second, and a little bit of the week before because we were off in honor of the government shutdown. We ourselves took a week off because the CIA stopped paying us.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I've always considered us a branch of the US government.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, you and half of the anime people on Twitter robots.
Speaker 2: We're back. I don't know, it feels a little bit weird to be doing this White House Weekly episode knowing that there's actually less White House than usual there is. Trump has begun demolishing the East wing of the White House to build a privately fund a two hundred and fifty million dollar ballroom, and I think we should all have a moment of silence for the East Wing.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was going to say a moment of celebration because now James's people can finally shake hands with the United States government and destroying large portions of the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw it was a Volvo excavator today, so we also got the Swedes on board. I guess sure couldn't even find an American excavator. Sad we don't make things in this anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's because we're still waiting for the tariffs to get fully fully enacted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once we get that Swedish tariff on. We are almost four weeks now into the government shutdown and there's not really a clear end in sight, and Snap Benefits food stamps are set to run out in a little over a week on November first, Mia, did you want to say something on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we've been seeing sort of tech start to go out to people who are on food assistants in various states. There's one circulating from Minnesota that is saying that the food part of SNAP Benefits are going to shut down in a few days on November first, when the funding shuts down. This is a critical lifeline for food for an extremely large number of people. And this is also coming in a period where food banks are already being stressed by just the other cuts to SNAP and other food assistants programs that have already taken place. So, yeah, we're coming to a very very critical moment in terms of wide scale food insecurity in this country for a whole bunch of the most vulnerable people in the country. And yeah, this is a good moment for if you have actual access to food, which is a very very bleak thing to be saying, but you know, something is going to have to try to pick up the slack or a bunch of people aren't going to eat right, and that's probably going to have to be us, because it's first fuck not going to be the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and yeah, it's just the people's need to eat is inelastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Just to put some numbers on it, like SNAP in twenty four was forty one point seven million people, which is about twelve percent of the US population.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a massive cliff.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's particularly bad in certain states. For example, Oregon, you know where I live, is set to lose about three quarters of a million people's SNAP benefits. There are like four million people in the state.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And it's also like those people are also disproportionately non white and disapportionate clearly and very disapportionately trans Yeah. Yeah. And this is something that if straight up the shutdown continues and we don't see not benefits payout, this could also be a major source of instability because you know, the thing that happens very quickly when suddenly forty million people don't have food is bread riots. What is going to happen with that is deeply unclear, but yeah, we're heading into an extremely bleak time.
Speaker 1: If you're looking at predictors of violent instability in countries, yeah, mass starvation is about top of the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: Particularly bread riots usually are in sort of modern era, happens with two or three hundred percent increases in food prices, usually as a result of sort of im mass structural adjustments. But if there was going to be another one, this would be it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's worth sort of being prepared on both ends in terms of feeding people and also yeah, with whatever was going to happen with this cuts out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Meanwhile, during during all of this, during the shutdown and during snaps taking clock, Trump wants his Justice Department to pay himself two hundred and thirty million dollars in compensation for damages coming from past investigations into him.
Speaker 1: Seems fair.
Speaker 2: Trump claims that he will give this money to quote unquote charity. Seems real clear what that means, what charity that will be, how that will really qualify as a charitable donation. But he is currently seeking two hundred and thirty million dollars of government money to be paid back to himself. In the end, it will be him making the final call on this, which he says he feels strange about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, it's good.
Speaker 2: You know, he's an honest man, you know, it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we we just fully entered the looting. The storehouse is part of the regime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're taking a very British approach.
Speaker 1: Looting is is putting this too mildly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if you.
Speaker 3: See the article about the plans to let AI companies apply to get old weapons grade plutonium to fuel the nuclear reactors.
Speaker 1: That seems fine. That's what I trust Sam Altman weapons grade plutonium. Yeah, he's gonna use that safely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully the air bubble collapses before they get.
Speaker 1: You know what a great attitude to approach having weapons grade plutonium is move fast and break rain.
Speaker 4: Oh god, this is great. It's this week. We're announcing the start of Kood's Force AI.
Speaker 1: There we go, bring it on, God.
Speaker 2: Break breaking news. US sanction has been placed against two of Russia's largest oil companies in an effort to pressure the Ukraine Russia piece deal, which Putin just backed out of negotiations from as there was plans for him and Trump to meet. So that just happened.
Speaker 1: Sexy not sexy. So I think one of the first things we want to cover right now, just because this is maybe the number one thing I'm seeing people talk about on social media right now, is there have been articles written about ICE's new weapons budget. Famously their budget is increased by seeing like seven hundred percent. A huge amount of that's being spent on bonuses in order to get people to join, cash payments and whatnot, as well as retention bonuses, but a lot more of it's being spent on weapons. And right now, the number one thing I'm seeing people freak out about is the supposed idea from these documents that ICE is purchasing guided missiles and chemical weapons. I have heard people say this is ICE, which is obviously Trump's SS, you know, making their own vafen SS, which were the armed units of the SS. I'm seeing a lot of shit like this spread, and as James is going to tell you, none of that's true. Yeah, I mean, the fact that ICE has a massive increase in budget and is buying a shit little weapons is true. But they're not guided missiles.
Speaker 2: I doesn't matter what heat guided missiles. Yeah, we're not getting a deathhead ICE ICE unit. Come on at the next Canal Street ICE rate, they're going to be launching heat seeking missiles into Chinatown.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying this isn't a problem, but it's not what people are saying it is. Yeah, sorry, James, all right.
Speaker 4: The source of its claim is a substack page called popular Information run by a guy called Juddlygum, and he has claimed in this piece, I'm just going to quote the ICE post purchase quote chemical weapons, and quote guided missile warheads and explosive components. I guess the main thrust of the piece was looking at the fact that ICE spent nine million dollars on geistly ar pattern rifles Patrol spent more than twice that he appears to have missed that in his reporting. This reporting is extremely dishonest. To put it mildly, it's either deliberately misleading or massively incompetent. The piece in question doesn't link to the individual contracts, which, like on the face of its bad form, right, if you're going to be talking about contracts, your contracts are in the public domain, just linked to them. The piece doesn't do that. I went on USA spending dot gov and a filtered by contracts that have been awarded by ICE.
Speaker 2: I gave date range.
Speaker 4: The date range are pertained to the things being discussed in the article, and then I filtered by the product or service code for chemical weapons and guided missile warheads. Right, two different products or service codes. Product or service codes are like these, these four digit codes that exist in federal procurement right to put things into buckets basically, and I found the contracts. The contract very clearly states the guided missile quote unquote contract. The contract with the guided missis cell product or service code very clearly states it is for multiple distraction devices. Yeah, it's a contract with a company called Quantico Tactical. I did call them yesterday, something that again any competent reporter should do before publishing a piece that does not appear to have been done by the substat guy. They gave me an email. I sent it email more than twenty four hours ago, requesting comment or clarification. I didn't receive a response at the time of us going to press. If I hit back from them before we release this, I will let you all know the chemical weapons. It was OC spray, it WASAB spray, right, And a distraction device.
Speaker 1: By the way, folks, this is something like like a sonic grenade, which sounds crazy, but it's a grenade that makes a loud noise to distract.
Speaker 3: To bang.
Speaker 1: A flash bang is also a distraction device when you used the way that they're use in riots. You know, it's a little bit of a different thing when you're using one to like breach bang and clear a door or something. But like when you're throwing a flash bang at a riot, it's a distraction device because the is you've got a bunch of people moving towards an area you want to stop them from You distract them by an.
Speaker 2: Explosion, you know. Yeah, and it's distracting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also and this is you know, one of the one of the frustrating elements about this is that Ice has been using a whole bunch of these to blow down people's doors. It's really horrible.
Speaker 1: There are problems. It's problems that they're buying all.
Speaker 3: This and no one is talking about it because everyone's focused on this.
Speaker 1: When James put up their initial research just on a Blue Sky and Twitter, I shared it and people were like, it's still a problem they've got that they're getting all buying all these new weapons. Do you not care about? Yes? I care about that. You're not talking about that, Yeah, we care about They're talking about a fantasy like and like.
Speaker 4: It is bad that Ice has flash bangs and pepper spray, right, I have personally broadcasts how they exists like you can go back only a few months and here ice flash bangs on this podcast, like recorded by me in person. We know they fucking have them because they were throwing them at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've lost count of how many have hit me directly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got to at least seventy five percent fucking federal government flashbang impact, you know. Like I want to take second guess to talk about incentives here because this really pisses me off. Yeah, And I think that the way we build trust in the media is through openness, and I think that we do that better than most and I'm going to try and do that here, just so you know, none of us make any extra money if more people download this podcast, at least not directly. Right, we do not have a direct incentive to make fantastical claims that will lead to people downloading our podcast and being afraid that is not true for people who have these substick outlets, right Like, Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll let me clarify, we do have a direct financial interest in there being traffic, right, because that is that's how we make our money, right like, and that's how we justify getting raisers and stuff. So, like everyone in media if more people listen to our stuff, like we do have a financial interest in that over time, not checking week to week to see if we're getting if what we're doing is bringing us in more direct money, right, Like, that's just not the way our thing works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when people are on their own, they're doing these subs a catet there, there is a very real incentive to do that, right.
Speaker 2: We also have a team here, We fact check each other.
Speaker 1: We do our best. We fuck up sometimes, yeah, yeah, we fuck up sometimes, so we're honest about it when we do right, we acknowledge it. Yeah, we acknowledge when James makes mistakes.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys, you're the least You're the least mistake person here's extremely careful about that ship. Well, I've stood on my fucking pedestal enough about this. But yeah, it's bad right that things that I saw buying that Ice is really buying are semi automatic rs, more clocks, a lot of soft body armor, red dot sites quote unquote crowd control munitions. Right, sort of spending you see from a special forces unit that are very not special like like police agency, right, Like like that's just spending, Like they have an open checkbook.
Speaker 1: Like Ice is continuing to buy the same weapons with which they have been hurting people the entirety almost of the twenty first century, and they're hurting more people now and will be hurting even more people in the future because they will have even more money. And that's bad. And you don't, like, what would they even do with a guided missiles?
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense on the face for it's sixty one grand. Yeah, the fuck do you think you're getting for sixty one grand from a company in quantic? You tried buying guided missiles in this economy? People, It's just ludicrous, man, What the fuck they think they're going like like Tomahawk, I know, like a strawberry picking facility, Like it's ludicrous, it's fucking ridiculous, a chemical weapon.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can talk about Substack and they're being fucked up things about the company. But like, honestly, I think that it's overstated. But I think people focus on that extent of like, well, yeah, which of them aren't What where is the non Nazi social media company that has any kind of reach?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: But that's really not even the point I care to make. What I will say, the problem here is not even just that like when people are working for an audience like that, we're week to week, however, many people are donating and whatnot kind of can incentivize you to follow certain rabbit holes and push certain things. I think one of the bigger problems is that what you have is a generation very of the most talented and successful journalists in terms of their skill of like writing and their ability to build an audience that follows them. Those people have all moved to a platform where they by default don't have an editor, and like every journalist worth they're solved. I've had my fights and frustrations with editors at a variety of publications, and sometimes they're knowing, and sometimes editors suck, and sometimes publications a big part of what they're doing is just trying to water down your shit. But that's not the only thing editors do. A major thing editors do is point out, Hey, I get that you're really into this, and I get that you find this compelling, but as an objective observer, I'm seeing this hole in this hole in this hole, and you need to, for example, haul these people and make sure that this because it doesn't look like this is actually a guided missile it looks like somebody just fucked up putting in a code. We need to check on this so we can state it to a point of certainty. That's what an editor should be doing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even if they're responsible journalist, Like I wouldn't have submitted that piece to an editor without having checked that first. Like, sure, it took me five minutes to cool them. I should add that the PFCs in question for grenades and warheads are one digit different, right again.
Speaker 1: Right, which is which is what happened here?
Speaker 2: It certainly looks that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and again this is why part of how responsible journalism is supposed to work is that you never have just one eye on a story, because every journalist will inevitably miss things if you're doing that, right, That's why you are supposed to The idea is to have multiple eyes on a thing so that oh, hey it looks like you skipped over this, or hey it just occurred to me. I have this question that is not being answered, and you make a couple of phone calls, throw in another sentence, and then that's a thing that we're answering, a thing we're accounting for. And if you don't have that the work isn't as good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, Look, I'm not saying there were not things to.
Speaker 1: Be afraid of that are No one's saying that yet.
Speaker 4: But I want people to be afraid of the right thing, so like they're not gonna lob you people.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're really going to be safe until there's an iron dome over every Home Depot.
Speaker 1: Garrettson. I've been saying that for years. But that's also because I would like to start a limited missile war against the Home Depot Corporation. But I've been taking Low's money for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on behalf of flows. Yeah, I'm on teammates Hadways. I'll see you on the battlefield, Robert.
Speaker 1: At least we don't have any Harbor Freight people.
Speaker 4: Actually actually a massive Harbor Freight guy James says, have Harbor Fray like literally behind me.
Speaker 1: I mean, then I think about Harbor Freight is buying one thing and then returning it exactly eleven months after buying it once you've broken it, and just having a perpetual whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything that I bought from Harbor Freight has started smoking.
Speaker 1: Everything breaks that you buy from Harbor Freight. But the return policy is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The question is will it break before or after you've used it enough to justify buying something more expensive.
Speaker 2: And the answer is yes, James, can you do a product and service code ad break kids based on your investigation here and Adam, you can keep this in you can you can show them how the sauce is made here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just in terms of honesty here we go. Okay, right, give me give me a second here. I got to think of something good.
Speaker 2: You fucked it.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna do talking products and services and you ruined it. Garrison, if you are in the market for a distraction ad vice, guided warhead or chemical weapon, let's hope that you get an advert for one of those in this commercial break. That's right, people, welcome back to the Iranian regime. I hope you got what you wanted.
Speaker 1: Yes, this podcast is the only podcast entirely supported by the Ayatola and yeah, praise him.
Speaker 2: The CIA and the Iotola have finally unique.
Speaker 4: I had the clasping hands menimo from Robert Evans. Legally speaking, that is a joke. We are not funded by the Iranian regime. We're all monarchs.
Speaker 2: Think for yourself there, talk about let's talk about the national card.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: On Monday, his past Monday, the Ninth circond Quarter of Appeals have ruled in favor of the Trump administration, halting a court order denying the federalization and deployment of the Oregon National Guard. Had two to one ruling on a three panel hearing with two trumpetpointed judges. They called Trump's plan to deploy troops to the ice Building in Portland a quote unquote measured response. Now there is a second tro preventing out of state National Guard from deploying to Portland, and this appears to still be in effect, but its fate is unknown. The Justice Department has requested the original judge suspend the order, though the Ninth Circuit itself is considering whether a larger panel should rehear this entire case. Currently, there is no immediate plans for Oregon National Guard to be deployed, but they do now have the go ahead. But this is still a developing situation. But that's an important update there. Let's talk about the two fifty celebration treel seeing Happy birthday no worthy to the Marines, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, Happy Birthday of the Marine Corps. I hope today you guys get to eat a lot of crayons.
Speaker 2: Have a cake which is shaped like a giant crown. No, it just is made out of giant crown and we all remove our tote CoV tattoos. That's going to be the Marine party.
Speaker 1: Get get rid of those Scout snipers. It's jet sawst.
Speaker 2: But no, there was the Marines two hundred and fifty a celebration with JD Vance last week where they did play Hell Diver to music during the celebration. Was a happy birthday, And I'm still not clear what hell Diver is. Hell divers is a satirical video game, et cetera. Is a fascist military that fights for quote unquote democracy against others so called fascists.
Speaker 3: Sorry, managed democracy very important, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's true, yes, managed demand.
Speaker 2: I have heard of it from the news headlines such as Charlie Kirk shot. But yeah, it's basically like playing Starship Troopers music over the Marine Corps celebration party. That's kind of the caliber we're operating in here. Yeah, thank you for bringing that to my generational understanding. There you go. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Talking to the Marine Corps two undred fiftieth birthday. On Saturday, a one to fifty five shells one hundred and fifty five minuimeter Howitzer shell prematurely detonated over the five Freeway outside of Pendleton.
Speaker 1: Right, not stuff, crazy shit.
Speaker 4: Damaging a COPCA that was assigned to JD. Vance's security detail.
Speaker 1: It was literally as soon as they started talking about how Trump wanted to shoot a missile into fucking Camp Pendleton and like immediately, yeah, they fuck up and blow up a car attached to fucking the Vice president's security detail.
Speaker 2: Amazing stuff.
Speaker 4: They did a dress rehearsal on Friday in which they managed not to detonate any shells over to five. Gavin Newsom decided to shut the frive on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Probaly good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably complaining about things shaking.
Speaker 4: Just if you're like, if you're not familiar with the layout there, I would say that in most places you go, Camp Pendleton is a large area that's used by the Marine Corps for training. It has artillery ranges within it.
Speaker 1: The five is the big highway in California. It's the highway that goes the whole length of the state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would call it the I five if you weren't from here, and then we would know that you weren't from here, So we call it the five. There's less than a mile of land to the west of the five, right, so shooting go over to five like pretty much shooting from the beach or near the beach, as opposed to the whole rest of Camp Pendleton right where they have artillery ranges. But they wanted to do it over the five. I think they were doing some kind of simulated landing drill. Not quite sure what the landing drill they were doing, but this get resulted in the damage done to a HP car and really fucked up traffic in probably the entirety of southern California. Yeah, from most of last Saturday.
Speaker 3: I do you just want to mention here that there is historical precedent in the United States for US accidentally killing the Secretary of State because a gun they were firing on a pleasure cruise on a boat, on a Navy boat blew up. So wow in the eighteen forties, but we did kill the Secretary of the Navy and the Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: If any Secretary of War could pull this off, it would be pa I believe him. Here is a decent chance he will throw one of those actes straight into JD. Vans's leg. Oh yeah, I forgot about his accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Vansifolmer Marine. Oh yeah that is wait, yeah yeah yeah, I totally forgot lance corporal in the Marine Corps. I believe he was a PAO public affairs. Yeah, I want to address DHS has claimed about deportation numbers. DHS has been throwing out some really big numbers for deportation, claiming over half a million removed and one point six million quote unquote self deported.
Speaker 2: These are inflated numbers.
Speaker 4: These include things like people turned away airports and Coastguard into dictions.
Speaker 2: Right that they are not removals of people from the interior of the United States who were residing here. They're like if someone maybe if someone came with a visa and was turned around the airport, they're including that as a deportation.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: DHS has stopped publishing a lot of the data that we previously got under this administration, so we don't have a lot of hard numbers, but at one point six million number. This comes from CIS right, the Center for Immigration Studies. We talked about them before this is a Tanton funded quote unquote think tank, which the SPLC has adjudicated as a hate group. The CIS Data DHS has been like sharing this since it came out. But it also so it seems to be weighing very heavily into whatever algorithm Musk has put into Grok recently. If you look for mentions on x the Everything website of the one point six million number, nearly all of them are Groq repeating it. God, I don't know if they straight up just said like, yeah, the CIS is your source for information when they were, you know, programming it to be less woke but slightly more woke than when it called itself Mecha Hitler, But it seems to be the CIS seems to be heavily weighed in the Grock algorithm these days, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did get that GROC contract approved a few months ago.
Speaker 4: I think the DHS didn't get the number from GROK. I think they got it from CIS, but nonetheless like the reason that that number is still in the side guy. So I think it's partially because Grok keeps repeating it. Well, you know it is. It is gro October as I've been saying, Garrison, we have fucking spoken about this. It's not Groctober angry.
Speaker 2: The other thing I do want to mention on a I guess not deportations, but the Department of State has announced a series of people who have had their visas revoked for posts surrounding the death of Charlie Kirk. The State Department Twitter account posted a whole thread on x the Everything app listing various sentences and sentiments that resulted in visas being revoked. Quote Charlie Kirk was a son of a bitch and he died by his own rules. Visa revoked. When fascists die, Democrats don't complain, VISO revoked. It from a German national Resilient National said that quote Charlie Kirk was the reason for a Nazi rally where they marched in homage to him, and that Kirk died too late. Visa revoked. There's like four other of these people making statements of that nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think people get the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Following Kirkstath Rubio to announce he would be looking for visa holders who made statements following Kirk's death, and he has followed through on that promise in some other Charlie Kirk news. A few weeks ago, Turning Point USA officially announced that they would be producing an alternative halftime show after it was announced that the Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny would be performing at the twenty twenty six Super Bowl. The TPUSA show will be called a Quote All American Halftime Show, celebrating faith, family, and freedom. The website has a submission form where it asks which genres should be featured during the show. The options include quote anything in English, American classic rock, country, hip hop, pop, and worship.
Speaker 1: I love anything in English as a genre.
Speaker 4: Yeah. When I get to Spotify, that's what I put in.
Speaker 1: The crowd's gonna riot when someone does Hotel California.
Speaker 2: We can really push anything at English. Frankly, we could go to some pretty he places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't think they've already considered the breadth of that genre.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I will say. How they could get me back on board is in if in addition to a separate halftime show, they had a separate super Bowl in which Ben Shapiro faces off alone against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would let Ben Shapiro bring some friends.
Speaker 3: No, No, I want to see Jalen Hurts physically pick up Ben Shapiro and see how far he can pass him, because I'm pretty, I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sud at least at least sixty year.
Speaker 3: That guy Benches. That guy could like bench a small motor vehicle like benches Shapiro. Yeah.
Speaker 2: More details and performers will be announced later, including how this will be broadcast, will be streamed online? Are they don't trying to make a TV deal with someone like, you know, Fox? You know, unclear how this will be broadcast, but it is something they're going to go through. On last thing we should probably talk about before the break or I don't know, maybe maybe we could combine this with the section you wanted to talk about Robert on the Infiltrations. But right after our Executive Disorder episode from two weeks ago, literally like like hours after, on October eighth, right wing influencers gathered at the White House to discuss with Trump and cabinet members their theories and carrowing stories of Antifa at this big Antifa roundtable. Yeah, I'm gonna play a short clip like a few seconds from Jack Pasoba get in there noted far.
Speaker 3: Right extremist and poster Jack.
Speaker 1: Pasobic certainly noted poster it's a great guy. Yeah, Antifa is real.
Speaker 8: Antifa has been around in various iterations for almost one hundred years, in some instances, going back to the Weimar Republic in Germany.
Speaker 2: Huh, I wonder, I wonder why it went back to the Wymar republican German? What what? What else was happening at that time in Germany. It's very interesting you say that, Jack, Very interesting, Jack. What other opinions do you have on Fimar Republic?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is worrisome, right, the fact that these idiots are getting to speak this close to power about their theory, which is basically that everyone they don't like or who has said anything they don't like as part of a terrorist organization and should be put in prisoner executed. Like that's the gist of what all of the people at that roundtable believe.
Speaker 2: A whole bunch of like, you know, post millennial people, and you know that that that whole that whole right, like a genre of like you know, right wing antifa journalists, journalistic.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone I don't like equals terrorists. Yes, So that's really worrisome, and I just I kind of wanted to make a note here to people that as a result of stuff like this, in case you somehow have not been aware of this, we're going to be seeing a massive ramp up in not just attempts at prosecution, but at attempts to infiltrate and get gotcha footage and audio of different left wing and anarchist groups that are going to be used as pretexts for further crackdowns. I would say it's just a time to be aware of that and be aware of the fact that anytime you are speaking or at a public event where other people are speaking, you should assume that that's being recorded and that people will be pulling out the worst parts they can from it and trying to use that to destroy people's lives. And I bring that up because there's been a couple that just really broke today, some potentially pretty high profile examples of this. One of them is that at a panel for Firestorm Books, they had a speaker, guy named Eric King, who was convicted of a firebombing. He's a left wing activist. He spent almost ten years in prison, at a horrific time in prison. I mean just abused by the system and some of the worst playways possible and is finally out. And Eric did a talk at Firestorm Books and he made basically his statement that activists need to hurt them where it counts, saying we can force them to shut the fuck up when it hurts their wallilet enough, or you can find other ways to hurt them. Now that's not saying anything inherently illegal. Again, he starts it by saying we can force them to shut up when it hurts their wallet enough. That's talking about like boycotts and stuff. But the phrase other ways to hurt them is vague enough. That's pretty easy for these guys to cut stuff out. And I'm looking at a post by quote end quote investigated analysts for the Manhattan STU Smith. He's framing this as known ANTIFA firebomber calls for escalation, and again that's not necessarily inaccurate look at what Eric was saying. But it's easy to pull stuff out like this from something like what appears to have been a fairly open zoom call that is not hard for someone to get in to and record and pull something out of to try and make the case that someone like Eric should be back in prison, or that Firestorm Books is a party, you know, providing material support to an extremist organization. And what I'm not trying to do is say like and so people should not talk and gather in public because they're going to be doing this. But you need to be aware that anything said it's something like this that's in any way open, and even if you try to make it kind of more closed than this, they will try to get people in. This is something that is increasingly going to happen, and so people just need to be You can't you can't just kind of hope that they're not paying attention. You have to be aware of the fact that they're out there and they're going to be trying to infiltrate any sort of thing like this they can to get pretexts for further crackdowns. And another recent example of this Frontlines tp USA, which is Turning Point ussays, I mean, it's their version of the actual front line journalism show. But they did an investigation where they went undercover to the Oakland in Seattle anarchist book fairs, right, and again, there's nothing wrong with doing those book fairs, I'm sure what they're doing here is pulling whatever quotes they could grab from people that sound bad out of context and using them to try to make the case that again, these are violent extremist events that need to be cracked down on. And I will reiterate I'm not saying don't do book fares. I'm not saying don't show up at events like this. I'm saying if you show up, be aware that stuff like this is going to be happening, that they're going to be people recording, that they're going to be people trying to find what they can to destroy people who are at these events, and that that's something that needs to be in your threat model, right in terms of how you dress when you go there, how visible you are, and what you're willing to say around people, right, among other things. I guess what I'm saying is there's some jokes you shouldn't be making in public at events like this unless you want there to be a high risk of it coming back to bite you in the ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's perfectly reasonable.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: During the ANTIFA roundtable panel, this guy named Seamus Brunners. Seamus, It says, seamss guys Jesus. It says seems that that is does We're gonna have to stop you right that that's that's a shame, but it says Seamus the director of research at the Government Accountability Institute, discussed his theory of how a network of NGOs are funding Antifa. This is a this is a longer clip, but I think it's important to look at how they are approaching this, like how they are approaching this Antifa as an organization.
Speaker 5: This is not just a story about violence and chaos, as you alluded to, mister President. This is a money story. And at the Government Accountability Institute, my colleague and I, Peter schoy I and our team we follow the money and we followed it to the top of what we call the protest industrial complex riot Inc. And we found a network of NGOs. It's not just the Soros network, the Open Society network, it's other funding networks, the Arabella funding network, the Tides funding network, Neville Roy Singham and his network, Foreign Cash, and it's also big left wing funder Some of them are not citizens of this country, mister Hans jorg Vis of Switzerland. They're pouring money into this entire ecosystem. And so I want to share three money facts with you about what we call Riot Inc. Number One, like any corporation, Riot Inc. Has many divisions. It doesn't just have the Antifa boots on the ground division. It has pr divisions, it has marketing divisions, It has a very well funded legal division to get these boots on the ground back on the streets as quickly as possible. But it does have those investors that I mentioned. Number two, we have identified dozens of radical organizations, not just the decentralized Antifa organizations, but dozens of radical organizations that have received more than one hundred million dollars from the riot Ink investors. These would be the lawyer groups, These would be the groups that advocate for calling good, honest Americans fascists, et cetera. And then three, I think the most shocking thing is that we have found that more than one hundred million dollars in US taxpayer funding has flowed into these funding networks, including at least four million dollars to these very groups themselves, not just Antifa types. But there was an event in Atlanta called stopcop City. Over sixty rioters were charged with domestic terrorism. These groups received money for that from both the billionaire class as well as taxpayer money.
Speaker 2: Unclear what he's talking about in terms of taxpayer money going to the sixty RICO defendants in Atlanta, But the structure's talking about, how is riot Inc Includes not just like Antifa as in you know, people wearing black hoodies on the streets at a protest, but like, you know, legal support organizations, even like like research organizations that you know advocate calling you know, good honest American's fascists, right this this could refer to groups like Media Matters or like Southern Poverty Law Center who do research into extremist organizations. They could be framing the people like that as a part of this this whole ecosystem, and that's that's where they could be looking at for sources of money and funding and like tracking where that money goes is in groups like that, not obviously you know, your average black claud Antifa protesters, not it's not receiving payment for their presence at these at these events. But this guy went on to claim that quote unquote, Riot Inc. Funding network also supports decentralized crowdfunding platforms which fund organizations like the ELM for John Brown gun club and these Socialist Rifles Association. After he went on this like three minute long speech, Trump asked him and other attendees that if they knew anything about like ANTIFA members, funders, or the organizational structure, to hand over that information to Pam Bondie or Cash Patel and Trump reiterated this multiple times during the roundtable, asking these you know, policy guys or quote unquote independent journalists to hand over their information to the authorities. Here's one version of him making this request.
Speaker 7: Do you know the name of any of the funders? Do you know the names? Because if you do, I'd like you to give them to Cash or Pam.
Speaker 5: Absolutely well, Christy, yeah, we'll do as soon as you can.
Speaker 7: That's all of you, because you probably know the names. After a certain period of time, you tend to find out. But these are people that do not have good intention for the country, and that's uh creasiness probably, So if you could, if you very important, if you could do that, it would be a great Nobody would know better than you. You'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Share man cool.
Speaker 2: During this roundtable, Pam Bondi, the Attorney General, reiterated how Antifa should be treated like an organized criminal gang and that law enforcement are going to quote unquote take the same approach as it does handling foreign drug cartels. It's a side note the United States has maybe that's what those guided missions repeatedly lodged missiles at what it claims are boats associated with foreign drug cartels.
Speaker 4: I'll just say we have an episode next week about the ongoing drone campaign in the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Speaking of funders, here's some of ours for the central all Right, we are back.
Speaker 4: Great so nice to hear from the products and services that support this show brought.
Speaker 2: Do you buy safari Land? You're one stop God, I wish we had no. I don't actually Starlight is some post ironic meaning that I should I should occur tales Farlight is in fact back.
Speaker 4: I will admit they do make very nice, very nice bulletproof plate. I will say, talking of things that are very nice, this is a very nice song that I like to listen to in my free time. Rock jazz rocky jazz bot Sorry, rocky jazz, rocky.
Speaker 9: Jazz bo.
Speaker 2: It's tariff talk. We're back baby, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So literally within twelve hours I think of the of the release at night of our last episode of this show, we got the resumption of the trade war, so specifically, Trump has announced effectively the full scale resumption of the trade will which China. This started kind of out of nowhere with Trump administration doing something that I think they didn't think was very provocative, because I don't quite think they understood the magnitude of what they were doing. This basically started with a Trump administration massively increasing export restrictions to China by changing the rules of what companies are covered by what's called the Entity List, which is a list of companies that American companies are not allowed to sell goods and services to. The administration moved this to include any company that is fifty percent or more owned by a company on the export list. We've discussed on the show before that a significant part of the structure of Chinese corporate conglomerates are held together by a bunch of different companies, you know, having partial ownership by the same holding companies, which is what sort of binds companies and conglomerates together into race them into the management structure of the conglomerates. This is how Chinese state owned enterprises work. Being state owned enterprise literally means that you are partly or completely owned by a holding company run by SASSAK, which is the state owned Asset Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council, because every name of the CCP is like that. So this shift to anything that's fifty percent or more owned by a company on this list is actually a massive export restriction, and the Chinese government took this as okay, we're starting the trade war again, so very quickly. There's a whole bunch of different tat things that we're not going to track the order of because they kind of don't matter. But on October tenth, Trump made a Twitter post where he said that he was going to implement a one hundred percent tariff and also a software restriction thing we'll talk about later. Those are supposed to go into effect on the first. He's also been talking in the last week about bringing tariffs up to one hundred and fifty percent. We don't have any kind of formal executive order on that. This was to some extent in response to China implementing massive restrictions on the export of rare earth metals. These are crucial to basically any kind of advanced manufacturing, industrial manufacturing, applications everything from chips, electric cars that jet fighters. These are set to take effect on December first. I'm going to read this from the New York Times to get an understanding of how large these moves are. China refines ninety nine percent of the world's prosium, a kind of rare earth metal that is used in chips to preserve magnetic stability even when they become hot. In the last few years, Nvidia and other semi conductor manufacturers have changed the materials used in electricity management devices called capacitors, which is a really funny way to describe a capacitor, by the way, but on chips to make them more heat resistant. The capacitors are made from ultra pure dysprosium, which is extremely difficult to refine. A single refinery in Wushi, near Shanghai produces the entire world's supply, so prove New York Times. These support restrictions include any good that is produced with these rare earth metals, and require foreign companies operating in China, like for example, Samsung or any of the sort of South Korean or Taiwanese chip manufacturers to acquire export licenses to you know, like sell them to any other country that's not China. That is a absolutely massive restriction on export goods. And also again a whole bunch of critical minerals that both the American military apparatus relies on and the American tech apparatus relies on. AI chips need a whole bunch of these things. So you know, in the middle of this process, the US also started charging Chinese built ships for docking at US ports, which China retaliated by imposing docking fees for American ships. I'm going to go and read from New York Times here. The new rules are the most stringent for Chinese shipping companies, which for the most part, cannot avoid the levies. HSBC, an investment bank, estimated that Costco not that Costco different one, a large Chinese shipping line, could pay one point five billion dollars in fees next year, which the bank said could reduce Costco's operating earnings by nearly three fourths in twenty twenty six. And again, it's it's worth it's worth noting that these shipping, these shipping companies are the backbone of global trade. They also their margins are not very good and a significant number of them basically only didn't go under dream lock during the lockdowns because they effectively lied on their loan applications and we're just sort of putting in their revenue as if the lockdowns weren't happening. So this is all very very fragile infrastructure that is being you know, attacked, and these these port fees are already in.
Speaker 2: Effect me doing gay cruising on my European trip. Yeah, I like global trade, all right, I continue.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, So we also got to report today. This is Wednesday, the twenty seconds this is being reported, so who fucking knows what will be happening by the time this episode comes out. But on Wednesday, we've got to report from Reuters about the other one of the other options that Trump administration is considering for these massive sort of trade attacks on China. So I said, I said earlier when I talked about the one hundred percent tariff, Trump also mentioned a software export ban. So perb Reuters, what's being considered here, and again we have note we have very few concrete details about this. This hasn't been formally announced, my guests, is that it's being leaked to routers by the administration, but I just don't know. But what they're considering basically is a version of the sanctions that effectively Biden applied to Russia after the invasion of Ukraine, which restricts the export of any product made with US software. This would be probably the most significant developments of the entire trade war. And so these are all incredibly significant escalations. A bunch of the stuff is set to go into effect on November first, which is very very soon now. In theory, Trump and Chi Jianping are supposed to meet at the meeting of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum in South Korea, but there's been no formal announcements of their meeting. Trumps that he was going to go to China and early next year, but that's again next year. The American one hundred percent tariff again November first. The Chinese export restrictions on rare earth metals again December first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other issue here is that the actual event starts on October thirty first, and the first terrorists was supposed to going to affect the next day.
Speaker 2: Very spooky, very spooky, indeed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so Trump is mad also about China refusing to buy American soybeans story we've been covering. Yeah, and you know, he's complaining about the rare earth metal soft and he's complaining about he's still yelling about fence and all. But it's also worth mentioning one of the fascinating things is Trump is continuing to piss off even more parts of his base with this stuff. So soybean farmers, which is again a huge portion of American farmers, are really mad at him. He's also pissing off cattle ranchers, So both the soybean farmers and the cattle ranchers are mad at Trump for giving a bunch of money to Argentina and not giving them a bunch of money and cutting off their ACKs to Chinese markets because Argentina again is selling a whole bunch of stuff to China. One of the things that they sell to China is beef, because Argentina is a major beef exporter. So they're all really mad at him for giving Argentina a giant bailout in order to try to save they're failing economy under their unhinged an arco capitalist and president who has annihilated the economy even more than it was before. And then Trump's response to the cattle ranchers being mad at him was telling them to lower their prices, which means they're even more mad at him. So he is systematically alienating too of what should be his most important basis of support. And like the cattle industry has been a based Republican support for I mean since time of Memorial. Effectively, the lumber and vanity tariffs that we mentioned last week have taken effect now there's been no rollback of them. And finally, I want to close on a story that we're going to be covering more on Monday, which is the continuing escalation of a sort of conflict between Colombia and the US after the US murders about full of what appeared to be Columbian fishermen. Yes, Columbia has recalled its ambassador, and the US has said that it is going to eliminate all foreign aid and impose a tariff the size of which they haven't given a consistent number. Four And this is, you know, very much could look like a pretty massive reorientation of American policy around Columbia, which has traditionally been an American ally And we've ran desk squads out of there for a very very long time. Yeah, and that has been the lightning round rapid fire trade war coverage because oh boy, yeah, yay, we've tariff talked.
Speaker 2: All right. Before we close, I do want to talk a little bit about one of the news stories this week about US political figures being like Nazism. No, not the main candidate, and no, not that other Republican staffer who had a swastika in his cubicle. The political story that reported leaked messages from the New York Young Republican telegram chat, which already tells you that it's going to be problematic, the fact that they have a telegram chat. Yeah, but the Political reported that this chat contain messages about putting political opponents in gas chambers, loving Hitler, as well as plenty of anti semitism, talking about raping their enemies, and hundreds of uses of homophonebic and raycistlers. The chair of the New York State Young Republicans, Bobby Walker, allegedly called rape epic and wrote in the chat quote if we ever had a leak of this chat, we would be cooked unquote. New York Republican Elise Stephanic first denounced this chat after the report, though later called the Politico piece a quote unquote hit job. The Matt Walsh side of the online right condemned those who leaked the chats, neglecting to discuss the substance of the chat itself, while Vance largely dismissed the affair, writing on X the Everything App quote I refused to join the pearl clutching when powerful people call for political violence unquote. Vance falsely referred to this as a college group chat when team members were as old as forty years old. A day later, while guesting on the Charlie Kirk Show, JD. Vance continue to push back on the seriousness of this story and play defense by repeatedly referring to the grown that involved to our in their twenties and forties as kids and young boys.
Speaker 9: Somehow they got their hands on something like twenty eight thousand messages in some group chat group chat of I think twelve people that nobody's ever heard of. But they decided to just publish every single thing in this chat, whatever they found that they thought was the most salacious, and I think ten years ago there would have been a very different response to it. But people are starting to learn from this and the vice president.
Speaker 8: Is one of the reasons why I'm sorry. Focus on the real issues, don't focus on what kids say in group chats. But there's another angle to this that I just have to be honest about. I mean, I'm like an old guy at this one. I'm forty one years old. I have three kids. You know, I grew up in a different world, right where not most of what the stupid things that I did when I was a teenager and a young adult, they're not on the internet. Like I'm going to tell my kids, especially my boys, don't put things on the end, Like, be careful with what you post. If you put something in a group chat, assume that some scumbag is going to leak it in an effort to try to cause you harm or cause your family harm. But the reality is that kids do stupid things, especially young boys. They tell edgy, offensive jokes, like that's what kids do. And I really don't want us to grow up in a country where a kid telling a stupid joke, telling a very offensive, stupid joke is caused to ruin their lives. And at some point we're all going to have to say enough of this. Bs. We're not going to allow the worst moment and a twenty one year old's group chat to ruin a kid's life for the rest of time.
Speaker 1: That's just not okay.
Speaker 8: Like, we live in a digital world. This stuff is now etchtin stone online. We're all going to have to say, you know what, no, no, no, we're not doing this. We're not canceling kids because they do something stupid in a group chat. And if I have to be the person who carries that message forward, I'm fine with him.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Once again, most of these guys are like in their thirties. These guys are adults. You know, the New York Young Republicans is not a whole bunch of kids. These are young, like political in political years, because everyone who runs the country is quasi geriatric. Self proclaimed theocratic fascist Matt Walsh said, quote, the right doesn't stick together. That's our biggest problem. By far, Conservatives are quick to denounce each other, jump on dog piles, disavow attack their allies. I said a few weeks ago that we all need to band together in the wake of Charlie's death, and the answer I got back from a lot of people on the right was basically no, Well, okay, then guys, we'll just lose. Instead, the left will keep up the United Front and defend their guys no matter what. Well, we keep throwing each other to the wolves at every opportunity. Great plan. Unquote. Shapiro did beef a bit with Walsh on one of their daily wire group podcasts regarding the substance of these chats. Shapiro did seem more concerned at the growing anti Semitic and not the fascistic element of the Republican Party, whereas Walsh is does not care about that at all. Yeah, yeah, yeah, not not a problem for self proclaimed theocratic fascist Matt Walsh. Yeah, so that's one side of this whole political story that I wanted to talk about. You should just read the political piece. I'm sure lots people have. It got pretty popular a few days ago. But I find the sort of I mean, I would have called it like the dissident right reaction, But when you have the vice president as like, yep, the guy leading the charge on this type of stuff, it's not really distanct Like there is a large number of Republicans who are condemning the contents of this chat, but you do have the vice president of the country playing defense for it, Yeah, and for the people involved.
Speaker 3: And I think this is actually a very important thing about what the structure of the Republican Party is right now, which is these kind of low levels like staffers, right the young Republican people, and these are a bunch of people who are from making White House policy. You know, Stephen Miller is, you know, the guy who's doing a whole bunch of a whole bunch of the sort of ethnic cleansing deportation policy right now. Are just Nazis. They're just Nazis. And every time one of these group jets comes out, it looks like this. And that's a really significant factor in why American politics looks like this, which is that like the people who are entering the Republican Party right now, who are like their sort of youth wing quote unquote, are these people and we're seeing their policies get enacted. It fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's often baked in this like post ironic, like like a joking way, where you know, obviously the Nazis, some people in these circles say, obviously the Nazis themselves are bad, but we're using this as like a a medic signifier Yeah, for like nationalism and for all of these things. Now there is a fair number of people who just will straight up defend the Nazis, absolutely, but I think it's it's it goes beyond, like like this isn't German national socialism, Like it goes, it goes, it goes beyond to like they're using Nazism as a meme for their political project, and memes get used a lot in these types of safe spaces where people can joke around. So you see that very clearly here, But you also see it on like the DHS Twitter account you use, you see the same kind of like post ironic stuff like a few weeks ago they were fucking moon Man posting. You can google that one if you want to. You don't have time to explain, but that's a very old like internet nazi dog whistle. And you know, we've I've talked a decent bit about my feelings on like focusing a lot on like the DHS Twitter dog whistles. But yeah, it is it is in invoking of this stuff for this like mimetic like archetypal context that they surround themselves in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know, doing the actual thing, which is going out and rounding up a whole bunch of doing these ice rights now white people and like the ice.
Speaker 2: Recruiting ads are like the clearest exac sample of using this type of memetic imagery for their actual political project and then to act the thing physically. And it's very clear there because there's very little disconnected in immediate transference. Yeah, it's a very straight line. Yeah, James, want to close us up on the great state of Alaska.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking about something not so great in Alaska.
Speaker 2: But we normally do a fundraiser at the end.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to put this here for those of you who are not aware, because this has really got enough coverage, in my opinion, A massive storm, in fact, the remnants of a typhoon slammed into the west coast of Alaska, leaving more than a thousand people without shelter along the Yukon Coskoquim River. These are Alaska Native villages, and their inhabitants are now climate refugees at the very start of winter, right in the coldest place in the United States. These villages are very remote. I spent some time earlier this year in Alaska Native village not here in the interior, just in the in territories. But these guys are really only accessible by small planes or by boats, which will make their recovery even harder.
Speaker 2: Right. They're people who have lived by the.
Speaker 4: Ocean or by the river for as long as people have lived in the Americas, tens of thousands of years. Right. A few months ago, the Trump EPA canceled a twenty million dollar ground for flood protection which would have covered Kipnook, one of these villages. Kipnook now and functioning doesn't exist. Houses were torn off their foundations.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: There are multiple videos of people's whole houses floating away. It's not just an instance of neglect or even a single failure here, it's an example of decades of ignoring the voices of indigenous people, especially Alaska Natives, when they tell us that the climate crisis is real and that it's already here.
Speaker 2: Right. When the media looks at.
Speaker 4: Climate change, they tend to want to look at data they can measure in terms of numbers according to the model of Western science. But I would argue that the experience of Indigenous people who have lived on the land for as long as human beings have lived anywhere on this continent and have watched the changes and seen this disaster unfold. Should be a warning to all of us that the climate crisis is already here. I reached out to some Alaska Native friends to ask where to donate, and they shared a page which will be in the show notes that the shows if you're able to help, I think that's very important thing to do. Recovery for these people with this federal government, with being as remote as they are, will be horrifically difficult right now. Many of them are living in Anchorage right Like I said, they're going into the winter and then they don't have a place to live. It's an unmitigated disaster. So if you're able to help, I think it would be very much appreciated. Before I go, I will say that if you would like to email us, you can use our proton mail address, cool Zone Tips at proton don't me if you send from a proton mail address and it's encrypted from one end to the other end.
Speaker 2: We reported the news, We reported the news.
Speaker 3: It could happen.
Speaker 6: Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources where it could happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening,