Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Darry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Here we are Players loude time two pm right here from the SWBC podcast studio in the building here.
Speaker 5: In Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: Forty five minutes of Dallas Cowboys talk as we recap Week two Cowboys first home game of the year, the New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Saints coming here and score forty four points.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys scored nineteen plays out by you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 5: We have a special.
Speaker 4: Guest, former Dallas Cowboy and Super Champions Sir. He is Anthony Hitchings in the building, former linebacker.
Speaker 5: Sir, you didn't bring the ring.
Speaker 7: No, nah, it's just sucked up. It's locked up.
Speaker 5: He was bringing a ring.
Speaker 2: We came for the ring.
Speaker 8: I ain't trying to lose it dropping in the car. It's locked up in the safe. I've seen it probably twice.
Speaker 2: Down right, every day. How y'all doing. Let me show you that.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that's how he came in here blinging enough, Anthony Hitchins here in the house, Bury Church, former Cowboys safety. Here in the house we got Heckma Harrison, I am here all up here in the house.
Speaker 5: Something new struggs, and let's get to it.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna eat this popcorn heap. Let you go ahead start look at that. You see that, We gotta see that. So I came in the studio today and I said, man, I needed the twenty four hour rule, twenty four hour ruling full effect. I needed y'all to give me a little grace today because I'm touching, all right. I'm sensitive right now about my cowboys, and I can't believe what I saw yesterday.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of things that happened yesterday that I couldn't have planned for. And I asked myself, was it just that the Carolina Panthers were that bad? Or did we overestimate the Cowboys on the Cleveland victory? And somewhere in between there's the truth, right somewhere in between, there is the truth, all right?
Speaker 2: And in that yeah, yeah, And in that and in that.
Speaker 4: Truth we discovered a fatal flaw that we still have this run defense has not been fixed, and it was the worst and to me and to me when I look at New Orleans, say what you want to about Alvin Camorrow had a wonderful game. All the guys that we talked about all week long that were going to have a good game. That offensive line for the New Orleans Saints. Quite honestly, at this point after two weeks and just evaluating everybody in the NFL, that might be one of the best offensive lines in the NFL right now with the way they are maneuvering and b act system, I mean, get into the second level. These guys were completely demolishing our defensive tackles and I mean iron this guy don't lie. And when you play the tape back, it looked just as worse as watching the game yesterday. So, man, one of my things is that defensive line. They are sore this morning.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Y'all know about the soreness.
Speaker 4: Right, They are sore, and they may not be able to practice till Wednesday, but it was It was probably one of the most embarrassing and dismantling losses that I've seen the Cowboys have at home in a long time.
Speaker 5: So the seventeen regular season game we were.
Speaker 2: Talking about you know, yeah, yeah, what about it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, neui be humble, right, be humble, be humble, Be humble, be humble, be humble.
Speaker 4: Because look, look, you're the only one that went out on the limb and picked New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 2: What do you mean everybody picked out?
Speaker 4: Then what you're talking about with what you're talking about willis? What are you talking about willis? If you picked them too? Then what are you looking overhead me for?
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't take are you wait a minute?
Speaker 5: Shout?
Speaker 4: Hold me out here last Monday?
Speaker 6: I wasn't here Monday. I wasn't here Monday. Yeah, but he told me on Monday, you know you came was full. But wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: Was that twenty five room Monday?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute?
Speaker 4: What did I say on Monday? I said, humble yourself? Didn't I humble myself for Monday.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hour rule? On Monday? There was a was bean?
Speaker 5: Was it a twenty four room? Chris?
Speaker 4: We haven't, No, No, it was a twenty four on Monday. But I need one of today, man, I'm sensitive right now.
Speaker 6: Man, hitch, hitch, you tell us what you saw in this forty four the nineteen by Burger.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's a lot of points that's just sat there.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of points forty five first, I mean, it's all correctable stuff.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 8: I like seeing it, uh in a positive way or not. Just you know, I've been in that situation before when we gave up a lot of rushing yards and everybody's gonna be walking around trying to stop the run this week, guaranteed. But I mean, you got to give credit to the Saints. Yeah, I mean, I mean they're a good ball club. And then they got healthy players their card, playing good tomorrow, running the ball hard. So you gotta give credit to them. But I mean they I think they'll see them again about the end of the season and it'll be a different, different outcome.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 4: Come about that new that's coming from you know, talk to.
Speaker 6: Me, Okay, I'm talking to you right now. I love Hitch, Yeah, I love him. Hitch is coming in here being looking at the positive. He look at the glass half full.
Speaker 5: I love it. You love it coming here to the players lound being. Give me a nice account, a nice account. We know what we saw yesterday.
Speaker 4: Barry, you and I know what have we been saying all off season long?
Speaker 2: Think this?
Speaker 4: You had to fix this. That run deeds a problem. If you want to beat the Cowboys, run on them. I said I had issues. What else did I say? Can you not only study? You can't stop the running, you can't run the ball. What do we see yesterday?
Speaker 2: Good team?
Speaker 5: Good team? Right Cleveland compromise a little bit?
Speaker 6: What we see us at thirty nine rushes one hundred nine of yards street touching, and then you got Comara not just going in so he lost in.
Speaker 2: It was tough. It was tough. God, it embarrassing, embarrassing.
Speaker 6: So the things that we said, can you be a good team when they've got it going? And right now we're back to where we were last time. And Kubiak, shannonhan Tree and bro they got the book on the Cowboys. Man, it's bad. It's bad. But Hitch Hitch came in here being kind and nice, messing super Bowl champions.
Speaker 2: That's what he's been.
Speaker 8: I think that's how you got a viewer, at least in the player's eyes, like you can't come in down, or we gave up one hundred and yards or I'm thinking about all that you gotta set it like it's a new week now, like that stuff is gone. Like they say, twenty four hours, you win, twenty four hours, you lose, twenty that's over with.
Speaker 7: You got to go to the next week.
Speaker 8: It's it's seventeen games now, so they got time, honestly speaking, and you can't count no one out in week two.
Speaker 5: Do not counting anybody out. But we just talked about what we saw. Yeah, like it is about what we saw, fast.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, church jumping. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So you know, I like hitches approach on, you know, with the positivity. You know, I went to the over the war with this guy a couple.
Speaker 2: Of times out there.
Speaker 9: He understands what it is. So I love the positivity. But what shocked me in this game because we all understood going into this game that they have some issues in the run defense. And I talked about it in the off season, you know, relying on you know guys that you know maybe in year fourteen or fifteen may not be the biggest or the best way to go about it.
Speaker 2: When you sign those two defensive tackles.
Speaker 9: I'm talking about Limbo, Joseph and Phillips as well on the inside.
Speaker 2: You know, they struggled a lot.
Speaker 9: In that game versus the New Orleans saying, I mean, if you look at that run, the way they were able to gash his team up the middle where those guys were, that's something that you They left a lot out.
Speaker 2: There to be desired. It's what I should say in there.
Speaker 9: But to me, that wasn't the shocking part about it, because we understand this run defense, you know, hasn't been one of the best in the past couple of years. I understand that, you know, there's work in progress, all that great stuff. But what shocked me was the explosive plays.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you.
Speaker 9: Look at it, that's something that we haven't seen from this defense in that multitude of years. I mean, when you look at this game, you saw balls going over top of this defense, over top of the safeties, and that's something that we have not seen. Usually when this Dallas Cowboys team works at its best defensively is when they're getting after the quarterback and they're forcing turnovers. What we didn't see in that game was Derek Carr under the rest, and that to me was shocking. It was shocked because no matter how the game goes, usually with Dallas Cowboys. They're gonna find a way to get after the quarterback. They're gonna find a way to get some sacks out there with that tief. That team did, and like you said, kudos to the Saints, you know, because that Kbak and what he was able to get through out there was remarkable. They kept them in twelve and twenty one person in people, big people, so they weren't able to get all that speed that the Cowboys usually had. They weren't able to get it on the field, and they blocked up max protection two man routes and that gave you know, car a lot of time back there to step up in the pocket and cork some big time bombs. And to me, I was surprised by that because there was some one on ones out there for some of the best pass rushers the Cowboys have, which is you know d Law Parsons, Odigizua. They had a lot of one on ones out there, but they weren't able to win those one on ones that we were accustomed to see. And that gave Derek Cardi ability to push the ball down the field and that's something that we haven't seen from this Dallas Cowboys defense in a long time.
Speaker 2: So that was a shocking part to me.
Speaker 4: How many touchdown I mean, do you know how many attempts he took in the game.
Speaker 2: I think it was low. It was like fourteen, right, sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was that was sixteen and that's that's pretty wild. Eleven of sixteen, two hundred and forty two yards, two touchdown.
Speaker 5: To one pick man.
Speaker 9: And and and one play that really stock out of me. You know, we talked, we talked. We saw that screen to Alba Camarda when he took sixty five yards for the end zone. If you look at that copy, Mariy Nelly would be unbelievably.
Speaker 2: Man. You you played under.
Speaker 9: Meredith the Marcus Lawrence handed out so many loafs on that play. He passed up guys on the second level. He was passing up defensive backs. You gotta everybody got to have that mentality when you when you talk about chasing after the ball.
Speaker 2: We understand it's an.
Speaker 9: Explosive play, we get it, but you gotta have some type of hustle out there.
Speaker 2: That played to me.
Speaker 9: I was like, man, that's the first time I saw that defense looked defeated. All right, when you got the Marcus Lawrence, who was rushing the passer at the time, turned back around and was passing guys up to get to Kamorrow before he got to the end zone.
Speaker 2: That's something you can't have you on your defense.
Speaker 4: What's weird to me is what part of the game that happened, And that's early. That's the game that's not the games out of control? Are any of that? I mean, guys, as y'all know, man, when you get the play, when it's play action and you are convinced that it's going, that the run is coming, guy's got to keep their eyes.
Speaker 2: In the backfield.
Speaker 4: And even if Jim made an adjustment from zone to man, once you get once you hit the situation, as you know, the zone, the man killer is screens. If I can hit you with the screen, what's the difference. You got your back turn, you can't see what's going on. And that's the thing with Alvin Kamara. By the time he caught the ball, he was one on one up with the linebacker with Fredericks and it was over.
Speaker 2: It was over. There was nothing you could do in that situation.
Speaker 4: So, I mean a lot of questions I've been hearing all this has Jim made in the adjustments. Even when you made the adjustment, they beat you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that the game plan was great man, because now I'm looking at the twelve personalities. Can you imagine being a d N and getting chip chip chip and then they got the one on ones was dead tired, So like you're bringing out big people and you running it and then you chipping them two man routes. That means they're with nine people, a lot of people blocking chipping d n's and stuff. So I mean that could take away on your body. And then that opens up to run. Nobody wants to be beat up all day and then line up and running ice so at you like you know what I'm saying. So playing at that second level, uh, with with the play action, with the runs, I mean it could get difficult.
Speaker 7: Like you got to look at the whole picture. I think the.
Speaker 8: Game plan was well thought of and uh and as they continue to run, the bolly just just tired. After after a certain point in the game, your body just you still mentally fighting like you're gonna keep going, but your body eventually you know, well, let.
Speaker 9: Me let me ask you a question, because you know when you were all those Super Bowl runs with the Kansas City Chiefs. You know you had to go against Shanahan and that and that difficult offensive system that basically they ran you.
Speaker 2: You played against them in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Gary qb At, the offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints, he's underneath that Shanahan tree, so he understands, you know what makes it so difficult playing against one of those type of coordinators that make you see a lot with your eyes.
Speaker 2: Especially on that second level. Yeah, see, please tell us.
Speaker 8: I think it's very tricky because they, like you said, they come out and big people, but you can get to any information in it. So you got to have linebackers that can be able to walk out the box and make like they made. Linebackers make tackles in space like the screens and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So they do a good job.
Speaker 8: But like we call it eye candy, jet motion, somebody this way, but the screen's going back. So it's like, you gotta be disciplined. You can't be greedy like the guys that want the sacks or TFLs. It's probably going to show up in a negative way.
Speaker 2: You got everybody.
Speaker 8: You gotta be detailed and just know that if they ran the zone, they probably got to play action off of it, you know, or if they got the play action drop back, then they just dumped the screen. So you gotta think just be a step ahead of the coordinator and things like that.
Speaker 7: And they shift a lot.
Speaker 8: They move guys, So it's tough, but you should know that tree. You should have been practicing in that tree like all week long.
Speaker 4: Like the mentality that you're talking about, like when they stretch those stretch runs, those zone runs, and they have all those big bodies coming out at you, you have to pick those guys off one by one. So the mentality of that, I'm seeing them on first down pick up seven eight yards on first down, Like, how did you guys in Kansas City because y'all stop the run, then y'all had to load up to stop the run. What was the mentality of that, because y'all didn't get tired.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I just think that you got to just go eight man football eight man spacing.
Speaker 7: That means you gap out.
Speaker 8: Everyone has responsibility for ABC or the outside gaps. So like if you play against Gas, you can just go right to the thing and they're gonna show you. Nobody wants to get that little iPad ye little see where the ball went. So I think in Kansas City we made it real simple. Uh this line up, we had a really good offense. So it's like defense not just you don't go out there and give up thirty points, like you know what I mean, You're gonna give up some points, but like you you know, our big bucks are on this officer side. So what we did was we just play man and gapped out and it worked. And to this day, I mean, uh, spags are switching it up a little bit now because people starting to catch on a little bit. But when I was there in his first couple of years, man we gap out, uh eight mass pakes and even and cover three or.
Speaker 7: Cover one and we just play ball.
Speaker 8: And I mean here got to go offense too, I mean yeah, so it's like you can. You don't got to get the sack, you know, you don't have to get the TfL. You just make them, let them mess up. They're gonna mess up, you know what I mean. Make them go eighty yards. You don't make them go two plays eighty yards. So it's like you gotta make them try not a handoff and he's gone.
Speaker 5: Let's get our first break in here when we come back. Let's talk about some key Cowboy players here.
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott catch a lot of heat today, Michael Parsons catch some heat today, Mazzie Smith. People are disappointed in the d line. Let's dive into some of the players here with Anthony Hitchins our special guests. Super Bowl Champion four Dallas Cowboys got Barry Churches, the Toledo Rocket.
Speaker 5: Hec Ma Harrison Emo gotta win on Friday night.
Speaker 9: You see what Toledo did to the SEC right jump saying, I don't know, I don't know. Y'all see what it is. They tore up Mississippi State.
Speaker 2: Up that chick?
Speaker 7: Was that check?
Speaker 2: Y'all give the game one point two. I want to go down there to get the beat down.
Speaker 5: I mean, my boys on the stad of Mississippi State.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it. I might have to pay my dudes. Now there it is. Yeah, that's it, that's true. I'm good for the next couple years.
Speaker 5: Em I got it done. No door text, it didn't.
Speaker 6: Champ wore chaming wars do two picks in ten seconds and one of was a pick.
Speaker 8: Six, said god, I would do anything I was yes last week. Disappointed me. Man the Iowa State game, that's the big one that's right to that trophy.
Speaker 5: Boy came back and took it. Man came back and took it there.
Speaker 7: That Yeah, this is run across the field.
Speaker 8: It's just like the words feeling ever, the whole team just spreading towards your.
Speaker 2: Sideline to grab that on your side, we take that.
Speaker 8: Who everyone whoever wins it gets it on a sideline for the whole game. So it's like you win and you keep it, you just keep it. But the other team they beat you, they run all the way across the field. Take it off your sideline, take it back to the cat's getting bumped on the way, still standing in a way, give them a little Chubu.
Speaker 9: Excuse in the way.
Speaker 5: But I would beat Troy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thirty eight twenty one there it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, glad they got that twenty that's an issue right there.
Speaker 7: They're two and one.
Speaker 5: Minnesota is coming to this week here. What's the trophy in for that one?
Speaker 8: Minnesota and the Paul Bunny, Yeah yeah, they had every the Minnesota's a trophy, Illinois's a trophy, Wisconsin's a trophy. Not the axe Yeah, the Nebraska's the trophy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: I think it's like four or five trophy games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a team, man, I got all these different things.
Speaker 2: The big money schools got on that.
Speaker 8: Hey, but it's tludo like in the offseason, like when you're working on they got like the trophy like all the and you can see them like, oh, we got all the trophy games.
Speaker 2: So it was like dang.
Speaker 8: And then some year dude like dang, we ain't got no trophies.
Speaker 7: So it's like a little motivation in Austin.
Speaker 6: No trophy is all right, Uh, let's get back here next, send me dive into that right here.
Speaker 5: Players lines on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred. Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Rush Scott Kits slides with a first.
Speaker 11: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 12: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Boys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players.
Speaker 4: Lounge Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboy All right, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: That is Heck Mahasson. We're in the house.
Speaker 4: We've got Anthony Chency in the players, the former Super Bowl champion with the Canci the Chiefs, and former Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 5: We got the.
Speaker 4: Hall of Fame Toledo Rockets. He is buried church here in the house. Out that they whooped up on the sec Mississippi State.
Speaker 5: One day he'll pay those dues, just my day, one day. I am doing scruge, all right.
Speaker 4: Forty four to nineteen, the Cowboys ended up getting beat after its Mike McCarthy said he didn't want to hear anything about.
Speaker 5: Last year's playoff loss.
Speaker 6: He said, that was a different game. Don't bring that up. Don't bring up Green Bay. Green Beee has nothing to do with this. Dak didn't want to hear Green Bag has got nothing to do with it. Even though the last time we saw this team we saw kind of the same thing. Team running down your throats, going up forty points.
Speaker 4: I hate to see it, but somehow we're not supposed to remember that it's new year.
Speaker 2: It's different twenty four hour rule.
Speaker 6: When losses like this happened, the fan base looks towards the guys making the big money. And let's start with the quarterback, Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: He took some heat yesterday. So how do you view it? How do you see a game like this for Dak Berry.
Speaker 9: When I looked at this game here, to me, you know, I felt like Prescott. First of all, that first interception when you talk about the Brooks, that one where down and fel that wasn't you know, his fault in the slightest you know, he was putting his trust on a young receiver out there. We've seen it Hay time and time again. The guy, you know, lost his footing and you know, the defensive back made a great play. So to me, you know, that first interception is just it wasn't even on the boards when you talk about Dak Prescott. But overall, this offense, man, it has to get more, in my opinion, explosive. They got to get more juice out of different parts. It just can't be ced lamb or bust. I mean, that's just not gonna work. When you talk about trying to get this offense and this team to the next level, I mean, you gotta have more than one piece because we all understand what defenses are gonna do to this offense. They're gonna put all their resources to shutting down number eighty eight.
Speaker 2: And he's still gonna go off.
Speaker 9: He's still gonna get his targets, he's still gonna get his receptions, his yards because he's that good. But in situations like like last game, you gotta have more. When he's covered up, but when he can't make the play, you gotta find some type of security blanket out there. And that's why I believe that the absence of Jake Ferguson in this game was so huge because he, to me, was your second target.
Speaker 2: He was your security blanket.
Speaker 9: When things broke down and CD was all covered up, you can go to a Jake Ferguson. You didn't have him out here, so you had to lean on a cook, a Tolbert. You know, young guys like Jalen Brooks out there, and they weren't able to get the job done. So to me, they gotta find a way, whether it's play calling, whether it's you know, going out there and trying to find some morebody else out there, trying to make a trade, whatever the case may be. They got to find a way to get more juice out of this offense. The running room, like we saw last game, it just it just didn't happen, you know, when you look at it. They tried to find different ways to get the running game involved, get the ball to Zke, get the ball to Duce out there, and it just wasn't happening. They weren't able to go out there and make guys miss one on one in the open field.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think you need to do.
Speaker 9: You need to get these guys scheduled up to make plays in the open field when they get these one on one opportunities and they have to make those plays. You can't just let one guy bring you down. We saw that too many times in that game yesterday. There will be a dump off pass here and instead of making one guy missing getting ten yards, you could tackle for a three yard game.
Speaker 2: I mean, nice, you been nice. I am being nice right now because I am being nice.
Speaker 9: I am being But you gotta go out there and you gotta make plays offensively. And I think they got Dack the quarterback, they got CD Lamb, but outside of that, they gotta find some way to get more juice out of this offense. Yeah, and we want to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was perfect. I'm over here. I'm just like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: But I feel like for quarterback wise man, any quarterback, Uh, it's it's hard to drop back a lot fifty times and throw and not like throw picks or someone slip or something like. I always thought the best quarterbacks, they were the best teams on offense always have some type of running game because you needed to set up on a play action or to go along. Because if you can't run the ball, I'm lining up at eight yards. It's I think if they start with the running game, Uh, Zeke still got it.
Speaker 2: He still he still got the juice.
Speaker 8: I think, So you just gotta start with the run. I believe he got some juice. They just you got to just you know, get that get it rolling again, or you know, giving more touches, or now you split reps. Like I've been there before a linebacker when I had to split reps, and that's that's tough. You got to get to throw the game, you know what I mean. Or it's like, oh, if that was me in that situation, I would have ran him over. But it maybe the other back of the biggest you know, but he got that play card or something like that. So I just think you gotta start with the running game and then end up play action and going along. I flick the offensive line is it's good like overall, and it's been like that for a long time here. But the best teams that have the best offense, you gotta look some someone was rushing for a thousand yards. All the Cowboys' best offensive years had a running back that was over a thousand yards. So I think the vinument want to start with that, like you know, the ground game, and then you just go from there. But if you just drop him back forty fifty times, like everyone just going back up.
Speaker 2: Heck, how did you see it here?
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott twenty seven and thirty nine, two hundred and ninety three yards, one touchdown, two interceptions, three sacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, when I looked at the game again, it was you know, I'm looking at Mike McCarthy's play calling and I'm saying, look, he's downing it.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's just the.
Speaker 4: Players that you're running the plays with, you know. I'm look, I don't have a problem with Deuce, Okay. I just think that Deuce should be the one taking that pass out in the flat that Zeke is taking. Instead of it being Zeke, it should be Deuce because I'm not gonna believe in du'svonnd in between the tackles anytime soon, because it's just a mismatch.
Speaker 2: He's not Darren Spros.
Speaker 4: And if you look at Darren Spros in his career, he always had a Duce McAllister. He had a guy that was poundling it and it was a change of pace. There is no change of pace to this when Duce comes into the game. So look, those are the things that if you're trying to run plays and bless Jayn Tober, he had a great thirty nine yard catch, but after that, what else were we getting from from that portion? I'm still trying to find cooks yesterday. I don't know where that was coming from. And so on the offensive side of the ball, I'm like, look, if it's just CD CD CD, and then defense is.
Speaker 2: Michaeh, Michaeh.
Speaker 4: We need some other guys to be included in this, to also be playmakers, to take that burden off of Dak. And luckily people that are in the know didn't wake up this morning say that.
Speaker 2: Sucks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They were able to look at the game tape and say, look, man, that Saints team was just scoring a wheel on you. They put you behind the a ball and each and every last one of your drives had to be perfect. But at the end of the day, when you look at it's like, look, you're getting down into the red zone and you're trading those field goals for touchdowns. You got a score when you're being scored on the way that the Saints were scoring on him, And I know we've talked about Aubrey and him being a weapon and all that, but I'm sorry that ain't gonna cut it, and especially against a team that can score it. My only that was scoring on you the way that the Saints were. But my only gripe about yesterday we were down in the red zone and they ran or reverse with Cooks.
Speaker 2: And when they ran that reverse with Cooks, I'm like, what is going on right now?
Speaker 4: Because this the end you tackled for a loss, those those jets, those jet sweeps with with turpid and why why do I put CD on that? I mean, ce d looked pretty good on those jet sweeps instead of turping. So there were so many things that I came away with in that game that I'm like, look, you also needed the offense to be better, and giving Dak some of the blame in it also is just saying, look he was off on a few throws and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah you you know if you look at you.
Speaker 4: Just that one throw him at CD the disconnect and I said, I texted Yab was like, that's camp. You know, that's just not having the reputation, repetition, uh to complete that throw?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Anthony Hitchins, Man, I know we gotta let you go.
Speaker 4: You got got kid dutey to pick up here and tell us we're.
Speaker 7: Still a five family.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: I started it probably like six months ago. YouTube channel a five family media.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: And I'm a gamer, so I got I got my twitching up. And it's more just for people to pour in and me just to give it back out. I'm not doing it for like an income or anything like that. It's more so it's gonna be a black owned family starting business eventually with the clothing and the networks and being able to like have something for our girls.
Speaker 7: You know they can just dive right into.
Speaker 8: So three girls and three girls, three three working on the four working on the four.
Speaker 5: Four.
Speaker 4: You don't know how to make it. I got three girls, It's okay, okay, okay. Somebody gonna take care of you when you're old.
Speaker 2: So we got to get a break.
Speaker 6: My man's got kid duty, so we don't want to hold him up because you know, got to make sure get the children too. If you will join us again next Monday, anytime you want, we would love to have you back here on the players line, bringing your positive perspective here helping.
Speaker 8: Heck man, I got to see it for both sides. Man, I'm never all on one, and it's it's good in everything.
Speaker 7: Man, you just gotta find it.
Speaker 2: I had a ballance.
Speaker 5: Bring the ring next time for spreciate. We would look.
Speaker 6: I definitely up here, kind of old, thirty years old, so we can impressure.
Speaker 5: That'd be great. So all right, it's got our break right here.
Speaker 6: This is a player's last watch Aristocrat game on Dallas Cowboys, not cout pleasure.
Speaker 4: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of protein with real fruits and organic veggies. Because that's Smoothie King. What you see is what you sip. So grab a delicious Smoothie King smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw. It gets sipping real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and MICAEH Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, cruise t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be.
Speaker 9: Your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twentyeight hundred gambl er for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 2: Rule one. Any broadcast without.
Speaker 12: The express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve old crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Cain's rules raising Cane's chicken fingers one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year. Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Numbinate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys all right?
Speaker 6: Forty four nineteen Saints coming to Jerry World and win the game and their fans celebrating the second lining out.
Speaker 2: On the streets and say that the.
Speaker 9: Parade out there though, wow, wow, did you have you have to use the game not to go to thank thank thank goodness.
Speaker 6: Yes it's glad I didn't go watch that in person. Super Bowl is in New Orleans this year, so we've seen we've seen two teams win super Bowls.
Speaker 5: Recently we saw Tampa Bay. I know you're not like.
Speaker 2: A super Bowl?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, the Boys? Are you putting New Orleans after that? You're putting New Orleans in the super Bowl games? No, but you were in suating. I know where you were going to.
Speaker 6: Super Bowl is being late and after after one game, I know one team that looked like they could get there before the other after what we saw here.
Speaker 2: This is true because these are all true.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, so they after the game, the Cowboys send out this little, you know, postgame list, and they always.
Speaker 5: Hit on that, like you know who's done what?
Speaker 7: You like?
Speaker 4: Brandon Aubrey hit four field goals and you know Brandon Cooks played in the one hundred and fiftieth gamers career.
Speaker 5: So they go down all the little things.
Speaker 6: What CD LAMB did, Dak Prescott name I didn't see here, Michael Parsons, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He did nota no no no no? Was the missile? Missile? Now the missiles the missile? No sacks? Yeah? Good? Tell you the launch? Good team?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Good team? Yeah, looks like a good looks like a good team right off the line.
Speaker 9: Nothing And that's crazy to me, because when you looked at it, when you looked at it on their alright, So the first the big bomb they had over top of the safeties, twelve personnel max protect. You've seen the missile parsons one on one with Kamara in the backfield, off the edge, Scott Free, no chip, no nothing.
Speaker 2: It was one on one with Kamara on the back. He didn't win. Like those are the type of opportunities you got a relish.
Speaker 9: As I mean, and we've seen him do this in the past, but to get stone Wall, you know, by Kamar, who's not in a little back Okay, you got it, but that's a mismatch.
Speaker 2: He should be going through that and getting to Derek Carr like that.
Speaker 9: And that's just one of the instances of the one on ones that they weren't able to win out there for the Dallas Cowboys. You look at that, and then the bomb happened on Hooker and he is in experienced safety, one of the better safeties international Football League, especially when you're talking about covering on.
Speaker 2: A deep half. But when you got Shaheed, who you know is.
Speaker 9: A burner running straight at you, you got to open up them hits. You gotta start running you can't. You can't just be playing backpedaling like you're gonna jump something, because you know you're the last line of defense in that cover two half.
Speaker 5: So it was just, you know, little things that kind of had me shaking my head, like.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, and these aren't rookies. This isn't Carson making these mistakes.
Speaker 9: You know, this isn't Lea Fould, this isn't overshown making it experience safety Experience, Safety experience, Edge Rusher.
Speaker 2: It's just it was that was that was confusing part to me.
Speaker 4: I mean, and you're talking about two things at the same time, and I think you start talking about the personnel that the Saints were using, and that was the big package, and even Hitchins was alluding to it, like when those guys are getting chipped, hit, doubled all game and if the opportunity finally presents itself, you're like, oh, you know, at a certain point that play action and their balance is already taking you out of your game plan or what you thought you was gonna see in this game.
Speaker 2: And man, to me, it was when they came.
Speaker 4: Out and they play action and then they hit the screen right behind it, I was like, oh, damn.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a minute, man, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You know stuff like that that you see the football game, it's like, oh man, we getting killed right now. They're taking us to school. It was a Picasso for that offensive line and the way that they engineered each and every drive. Look, I'm the biggest Michael Parson fan. I will defend Michael Parsons to my last breadth in my last deity plays here. But you gotta play better than that. Even when a team is doubling and tripling you and overloading the line the way that they did to Michael Parsons, you gotta find a way to win because if you consider yourself to be one of those special players, special players win during that time. And I think the frustrating part for Michael was understanding that man, they doubling the triple team and me, where is everybody else? And that's the same thing that we came back after the Green Bay game and said, where is everybody else? Because if they're gonna take Michael away, because that's what Kobyak did to me, He's like, you ain't gonna beat me record. You are now gonna wreck shot today and we're gonna make sure of it. Well, where is everybody else? And when you have the wide receivers, you got the tight ends coming down, chipping and blocking over guys.
Speaker 2: That was it. Let's let's just go ahead and pack this stuff up and get up out of here.
Speaker 6: Bro I don't need to worry aboutnybody. I need Michael Parsons to go ahead and get you need to get there. Miles Garrett got there yesterday, they did.
Speaker 2: TJ.
Speaker 4: White got there yesterday. Ivory lt got there four and a half times yesterday. Michael Parsons need to get there. Okay, you got Baltimore coming up here, you.
Speaker 2: Need to get there. Yeah, there's no there's no excuses for it.
Speaker 6: And you want this huge bag, you want this huge bag from Get from from Jerry, Go get the back, but get it against And I said, we don't know where the Saints are going to be.
Speaker 4: We don't know, but in that divisionary in looks like they should have a shot to win it. You gotta beat good teams.
Speaker 2: You gotta be good teams out there. And I'm gonna ask you all this.
Speaker 9: What was was what was more surprising the way they got dominated defensively in the trenches, or the way the offensive line for the Cowboys got dominated by that Saints rush.
Speaker 4: They did, and they didn't no good at all either. It was a defensive line for me because it was blaring.
Speaker 2: It was blaring.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm looking at ninety eight getting pushed down, just you know, I'm looking at linebackers getting completely eliminated. I'm looking at and it's hard to be mad at the linebackers when those offensive linemen were getting to the second level like that. So, I mean, there's nothing you can do when your defensive tackles are getting destroyed like that. But it wasn't a good day for the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Man, Just keep it real. I mean, our rookies had a bad day.
Speaker 4: Our rookies had a bad day, and I think we expected it, and maybe we expected it in the first game. We expected that from from guydon You know, we knew what his matchup was gonna be. So yeah, man, you know this this would be the game we were if any forty four to nineteen, if we came out of Cleveland forty four to nineteen, we probably wouldn't have been shocked because you thought that number one defense would have completely took over exactly. But there was so much about the running game, Like, we literally could not get our running game going in the first half in any way. And I know, when you're playing from behind, it's hard to even think or consider the running game.
Speaker 2: But we we just don't have it. We don't have it there.
Speaker 4: And the question that was asked to ric o'dal or, what is the identity of this running game? And yeah, that's that's what's confusing, Like, that's confusing me when the guys are just like, I don't know, I don't know what this running game is. And you know that's a problem, especially coming up against a Baltimore Ravens team that's probably ticked off, that probably saw how you got manhandled down in the trenches.
Speaker 2: And yeah, King, Henry King, Yeah yeah, and so you stop it. Everybody's gonna bring in.
Speaker 5: Another Alabama running back.
Speaker 2: Come on, started Alabama is true before Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're on two. You cannot fallow oh and three. I mean this is going to be a very to me, a game of desperation. You're the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: You can't fall over too at home. You cannot fall over to at home.
Speaker 2: You're a raven.
Speaker 5: You can't follow oh.
Speaker 4: In three, somebody is somebody either gonna be going to at home or in three. But it's I mean, it's embarrassing. I said to you guys in it's hard to have relived the green Bay game all over again. But that first half was just like green Bay hall over again. They scored on every possession. Yep, they scored on every possession. And you look at it as like, you know, seventy yards, eighty yards, seven plays, eight plays, eleven play drives, and I mean it to the point when it was twenty one thirteen, I'm like, all right, were back in this day. We got to get a stop. Everybody know, we gotta stop. Come on, we can get back out here. We can get this stake back. Even they just turned around and that thing to Alvin Kamara, and even when we got an interception, even when something did good happen for us, we get it right back to them. I mean, sometimes, you know, you say, sometimes it's not to night, but yesterday, yeah, that was not that at all.
Speaker 2: Iby though, four field man, I don't want to celebrate that. I don't I celebrate that.
Speaker 4: I don't like it's hard for me to celebrate that knowing that we're down in the red zone.
Speaker 2: And we're having to settle for bill goals Like that's hard.
Speaker 4: I mean, especially with this offense having the number one scoring offense in the league last year and we can't get anything going.
Speaker 2: What do we were The only thing we're missing on offense is is Gallup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we were missing Ferguson yesterday, but it's Ferguson that much of a centerpiece of our office that it throws everything off that way.
Speaker 2: You three in the red zone yesterday in the red zone and what was it in Cleveland? I think they were maybe one of three. I'm just this.
Speaker 4: These are things that I think we we thought that we put to bed last season, but that's been an issue what we do in the red zone for a minute, man, and that it revisited us all over again.
Speaker 5: And think about last year's off last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only thing about last year that we saw yesterday was the last home game. You were getting run out of the building in the first half, and they repeated again, you got to fix it because Baltimore is coming to town and they're desperate. So it's going to be a very interesting work week around here at the Star. We'll talk about it all week long.
Speaker 6: With heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church on new Restressed Players Now thanks to producer Chris Jazz, everybody's been a part of it. Will chat with you tomorrow and oh, by the way, Anthony Hitchins appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Coming in here, thanks for the swag. Hopefully they'll come back and visit us next week. Right here, Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.