Speaker 1: He is Drinks Chants, motherfucking podcast. Man, he's a legendary queen's rapper. He ain't agreed. That's your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 2: What up, It's d J E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chans Mo day is New Year's CST.
Speaker 2: It's time for drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Drink up, mother, would it gonna be hopinges with? This is your boy in O R E. What Up?
Speaker 2: It's DJ E f N And this.
Speaker 1: Is drink Champs. Happy hour makes now.
Speaker 3: Now when we talk about this brother right here, we talk about icon. We talk about a legend. This is has had three or four or five careers.
Speaker 1: It was a part of one of the most legendary groups of all times.
Speaker 3: Classic album after classic album, then he went on for his own career, classic after classic. At the classic then he can turn off his producer hat and produce the ship out of you and had you sounding right on the streets. The people are still sampling him and his being. My checks are crazy to this day to this day. In case you don't know who we're talking about, we talking about the one only we was on one of the most one of my favorite flights that was legendary, like it was rock excuse me, Big Daddy came to the left y'ah ruh in front of you.
Speaker 1: Me and you Red Man.
Speaker 2: Should have had. That was a real.
Speaker 3: Version of soul plane like in my opinion, Leo called me like, how do you like the plane?
Speaker 2: The plane is the hotel.
Speaker 4: That's people was. They thought we was really like on something crazy, like what are you on? Everybody can asked me. I'm like, it's a plane. But again it was big though what I'm saying so, but slick Wick was in.
Speaker 1: The back slick house.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear. Slickick bullies us.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he came in there and he cleaned.
Speaker 3: His bed like like a foul, like like like.
Speaker 1: You in jail, like you walk in jail.
Speaker 3: You're like this man, Peter, And nobody said no, this sick Everybody, like.
Speaker 4: I told you, he's from London, which is also raalty. So his eyes from the beginning, we all the crumbs ship here, He's like crumbs.
Speaker 2: So the talking was minimum.
Speaker 4: It was worse when he was younger, like no type of vision, like not looking whatever. Because again, the coolest nigga you ever. You know, Mitch Slipper one of my favorite albums, know what I'm saying when you listen to the records like that. But Rick's mentality was like that, He's way friendlier now but then not really packed the weapon.
Speaker 3: Stories about Slipper around. Yeah, did you see him now? He's like cool, calm. I feel like he always has a cane in his hand.
Speaker 4: He's just He's just one of those. But you're right, you see, he had the whole back of the the whole back of the plane.
Speaker 3: He did share what But Redman was on the camera. I'm sitting back and I'm looking at these pictures and I'm like, these shits are really really dope. You think from the experience of us being in front of the camera's easy for us to turn over and flip like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I think that. Reggie Listen, when I first met him, When I first met him, he was always a person where remember being an apartment with sunglasses on when I first when Redmen first came here in a yellow suit, yellowed two pieces, some shades Okay, I'm like, yo, the two piece ill like too, like the the you know, the jacket with the pants but yellow though you know, the Iller ship though crazy. But Ressie was always always like a person that even now with technology, whatever the new ship came out, whatever new technology game, whatever he had it, he bought his mind whatever he was so whatever he put his mind to, he can do it. So I wasn't even shocked about him doing cameras and doing his own videos whatever like that. He always had the vision to do whatever, you know what I'm saying, So I wasn't shocked by it, you know what I'm saying. And that's the part that's really ill though to the sky driving part, the sky diving which which we asked him and he says, like the freedom that he gets, which is crazy because is if you know, to jump out the plane because he started with the people where they hold now it's just him rocket the freedom that he got to do that because Dougie Fresh asked him like is it a fifty to fifty chance? You know what I'm saying, Like you know, are you gonna make it? You know what I'm saying. But you see, he sees soulas and that whole ship.
Speaker 2: The older red man gets kind of whiter.
Speaker 3: He's becomes become a white guy.
Speaker 5: You're crazy about that, yo, But you know what, when you speak to him, his mind is just another thing that whatever he found, he found something else, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what type of piece that he got, but he found it, right, So I you know, people look for that.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about why we was all on that plane anyway. Uh, Leo kom Yes, who has been a.
Speaker 2: Great I was a great interview with Leo Cohmen, Oh.
Speaker 3: That's my man. But he's been a great guy to me. Right, But I want to address something, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Dame Dash.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it's picking on him. Dame Dash has an issue with right. Right. I chose not to bring up Dame Dash in a Leo interview because I wanted to keep it possible, right, But you know, it's something you can't avoid. Like, I don't look at Leo as a coach of not me personal personally. He's he's personally came to me and made me a better artist. He told me I had a little bit more money, and he said, if you stick with me, I'm going to give you a career.
Speaker 2: So I stuck with Leo, and I got a career.
Speaker 1: I had a career.
Speaker 3: But Dame famously calls him a coach of WoT do you think he's is that such thing?
Speaker 1: Can you be that when you off the culture?
Speaker 4: One thing that I know about Leo Cohen is the fact that in the beginning, don't think.
Speaker 2: That he managed run.
Speaker 4: He managed Russian management, but he managed running him. See first happened. So when rush management there, he's there from the beginning. That's the part. It's kind of get confusing when you hear it. See, Dame had a different experience with him, right, because Dame is powerful. Don't think a rocketfeller didn't really need them except for distribution. Right, So when when start taking credit, that's when I think it got ugly. But I'm like, you know, to Leo Kellen, he helped me. You know again, he was the person that showed me what it was and and but again you can't take the hip hop from him. I watched him. I watched him be like that shit swack. That's not that's not fly, it's not dope like to like not you how you know this ship? So around Russell. That's why Russell was the man in the back. Leo was the up front. You can't be the up front of you on those ship. But for him to be like that ship is horrible. I don't know what that shit is. Get that bull shit out of it. And that's how he how he was no hesitation, you know what I'm saying. So we did coss Before I had coss Over, I had the last the fourth album done right Gold think I had did with it Dad. It was number one the whole nine. So we had the song on the fourth album called don't play Me play the next Man, trying to do a course over part I mean go to ther part two. Him and Russell. If he dropped that record, your career was sobo. I never so imagine this. So I'm like me and parais Is amped on the record. So when I was in La, when I got the tip of Silvers cassette tape, you hear b will tell the story because again when I got the tape, I bring the cassette, I said, Cube, I got some shit called type of Sills. I want you to listened to it. So I brung it to Cube, by some but another story though. But Roger Trautman had just came out, so I took his new album and I went through it wow, and then I heard whatever you want. I heard it, so.
Speaker 2: I went home and sampled it.
Speaker 4: So then I went back to them and they said that's the one.
Speaker 2: And then the night after that.
Speaker 4: Wesed in the studio all of us and I played the head Banger beat and that's when Reggie was like negros. We started wilding out. I started doing the honest ship you know. That wasn't really our style with the with the you know behind it that was that was us. But again it felt like the record. I made the record for Cube. I never got it to him. Head bang yes, head bang ye m hm. That would have been after America's most wanting yes right because because what happened, No, you can, because.
Speaker 1: What happened was there. I could hear them.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the hook wasn't.
Speaker 4: Just the beat was loud, like if it sounds like some Lynch exactly Lynch mob also too, with keep hang shotting them, I felt like, you know, something like loud with the birds the day, so it was loud. So I made that for him. I never got it to him. So the last two songs, Course Over and Headbang was the last two songs that was made on that, Course on on that, But it's never personal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. I'm bouncing around a little bit.
Speaker 4: You go ahead.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get caught up in the East Coast West Coast? Because I remember listening to our record with you and Too Short? Remember too Short actually saying that? He says, No, that's coach West Coast stuff to the East Coast, West Coast stuff.
Speaker 2: Have you ever got caught in him?
Speaker 4: And I know, I'll tell you what. Yeah, your Puerto Ricans that came out of fixedling. Sometimes you nigga niggas porty vecan like, Yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 4: NI say hold on, nigga, the too Short he wrung it to me, like, yo, you know why this is going on?
Speaker 2: Me and you're the only one that's doing this.
Speaker 4: I didn't even peep that while the world was was going what they was doing, Me and Short was just friends because we're in a landa so weren't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We in Georgia, New York guys, right.
Speaker 1: West coast.
Speaker 2: We just enjoying Georgia.
Speaker 4: Not realizing what's going on with that, you know, I mean, we know, but we ain't tripping on that because we another whole place.
Speaker 3: I remember at one point death Jam would not allow us to wear white shirts.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, to tell them.
Speaker 3: Because I think that was like trying to be neutral. That's that's how in l A l A and l A you were knowing that they're like, yo, don't wear white shirts.
Speaker 2: That's what the East Coast and they was looking for you. You know that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I'm saying I'm a bad You got to know what it's talking about. Reggae Tony and that that type of beat. That's the only time he let nigga know he was.
Speaker 3: You know, the first prime to the industry was Jose Luis gotcha, I don't know, but l A l A if you ever heard it, andbody the top was repend.
Speaker 1: The Puerto Rican people off time.
Speaker 3: Because you know they you know, I get inducted into the Latin Heritage Month every every they mentioned me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, but that for real, that people got to look at that. Nobody did what you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw reggae thing early.
Speaker 3: I seen I was in Puerto Rico and I've seen you know, no, I saw no. I saw a female dancing to it, and I thought of a Spanish reggae. I was like, holy shit, because I didn't really understand. I was like, and it came on after boom. I mean it was emulating reggae. It was everybody to reggae. And I came back home and I was like, yo the DJ enough DJ Camillo, and I was like, yoah, yeah, you're playing the Spanish reggae. And they looked at me like what the fuck is you talking about?
Speaker 1: And I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: It was like I was like boom, boom, and then it was Dago had the record.
Speaker 1: It was I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's just sound like Spanish biggies walls and I was like spins.
Speaker 1: And that's how the DJs.
Speaker 3: The DJs wouldn't with it because God bless at this time, they would say, we can only play that at hick parties.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'll know what means.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's kind of like a derogatory Puerto Rican Yeah, calling him Germans to like when people says almost work.
Speaker 2: Is worse Quean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so that's how and you know then linked with Dago, linked with Daddy Yankee and don't.
Speaker 4: Want to get that out there yet you didn't know it was Latin know, yes, nobody.
Speaker 3: So how did you get Marvin gated clear?
Speaker 4: That said let's let's stop because you be at crime and all the behind the post doors. He'd being fucking listen, wanted to drink the pop.
Speaker 2: Keep it real food.
Speaker 1: What do you vodka or Japanese whiskey?
Speaker 4: I don't know by Japanese whisk by vodka though, so you want me to go vodka? Yeah, okay, vodka with limit, going vodka the limit? Okay, ask the question, go ahead.
Speaker 3: How did you get Marvin Gaye to clear the sample? Because Wuma has it is if you get Marvin Gaye's estate or to clear a sample, then you can't curse on the record.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, yes, again I gotta say, but no name every time. I can't help he did it though, you know what, I'm sorry when Bnard stole the record, it was already too late. It was already to radio okay and clear channel. Oh okay, okay, yeah, so the record was already going okay, so they wasn't going to stop it because it was a hit.
Speaker 2: I was number one in Miami.
Speaker 4: You know when when that spring break the May twenty eight, I couldn't get down whatever that main street was Collin Collins, Tyson Beffett came and got me. I was on the school. Almost killed myself, the fucking I couldn't get down there, not knowing I was number one to when whatever touched. But when the record was already going and it was number one in Florida, it was too late. He's up too fast. So when we called the state, they was like, okay, they could stick you up, just place. Stuck me up too, but getting another story with niggas sixty thousand dollars to react.
Speaker 2: That stuck me up like big time dame too. They got me.
Speaker 4: But but Marvin Gaye as state, I met White, the wife, jan And and Eric.
Speaker 2: B had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Eric had short arms ship gage lord. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: He made fifty thousand dollars up of that too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, this is.
Speaker 4: Crazy right, I'm like, whatever we got to do with this at the lawyer anyway, I gave it one fifty I paid, but I knew that that was gonna get me that four million dollars from Clive Davis. So no matter what I knew, if I played it, and the thing about it was so crazy, it was already already hot. We had so Jimmy I Bean had that movie. Yeah, it was where that can happen. That's what Daddy DeVito and Lawrence. So we had to wait thirty five, thirty days or forty days for that to get for them to implement that whatever could, for Clive to sign me. So we had to wait. But it's again, you know, it's cool. But at the end of the day we paid.
Speaker 1: You knew it was a certain investment on your end. You're like, I'm gonna get it back.
Speaker 4: Yes, because again, but but nod had told Tim Matola that yo ever was getting off of two million dollars. Wow. So once we told that to Clive, Clive was like, Okay, I get four million dollars. And then Clive said, I'm gonna give you fifty to.
Speaker 2: Fifty, So not only four million dollars, but we're gonna go I'm.
Speaker 4: The only one straight partnership with that partnership, not hy cleft, not busting, not nothing.
Speaker 2: Me that's that doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Now your levee no to me because again he does he again they found out though I don't know why, you know, in the day you like me like, I don't know why you're doing that though, but you know, you know.
Speaker 3: We got to go back to that that's going around.
Speaker 4: I'm saying like yo, because I'm like, why you you know what I'm saying that, I don't understand what's making me special? But well, like I didn't know its later on when you hold up nigga, but that was that was a label deal, right, or imprint deal or just it wasn't that it wasn't my regular production. Like with that production, it wasn't. That wasn't he gave me fifty That means when he made records sold, I made money.
Speaker 1: But for you as an artist, yes, oh, it wasn't even for you to know.
Speaker 4: This was when I got music solo right, Okay, okay, it's still ezy, but no, still got me money for e p M D. And I knew I wasn't making an EPM D album. I just got a budget for that too.
Speaker 2: This nigga was I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why, but if you had a.
Speaker 3: Chance to pick one, whether it being a solo artist, in the group or just being a producer. Which one would you pick.
Speaker 2: A beat maker your producer.
Speaker 4: Really the reason why is because if you know, E p m D like I did what we had to do in the beginning, because again, the first tour was the runs House Tour, epm D Public going to be and Frist, Prince and uh and you know that that was the four of us, and then we left that toward. The next tour was LJ. Slick Rick came epm D Legends. After that was mc hammer, mc hammer, epm dB in the Ice. After that, ninety two came, and then the Hit Squad came. So now we don't need nobody because Dosa is one Reggie e pm D K solo, So now we're doing that. So that came with the with the whole ship, you got to tour, but that wasn't my thing, like the road wasn't really you know, something I like to do. That's why when you see me now my whole solo career, I ain't tour like I didn't. I made money off the production production, you know what I'm saying. So even now EPMD, we probably did like you know, ten shows a year, eleven shows a year. I'm the only one in one of my my colleagues who we don't do like you got Caine to do ninety, Dougie do two hundred and something, God rest of death. Bismal Key was one eighty. And this money to be made there too. But before I leave my sofa, no my college, I want. I need thirty down dollars. So if you can do that, then I might even make a suggestion to go do it, you know, if if I if you want.
Speaker 3: Me to go do that.
Speaker 2: But other than that, though, I'm not coming off my sofa.
Speaker 4: Because again it's not beneficial to me because I'm already making this money.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of words tear on the body too after a while.
Speaker 4: See what met the man said when he was on here, when he said about overseas, he said whatever like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I felt too.
Speaker 3: It's not easy. I can't say this artist's name. But I went to his show and he killed the stage right as soon as he walked off the stage, like he put on this puss face, like and I count a face like you know one of them?
Speaker 2: Oh like, and I can.
Speaker 3: Tell like he had he had bills to pay, like he didn't want he didn't want to perform.
Speaker 4: It's not for everybody. That's the majority, though it's not. You think it's the majority that's the majority. The majority. Aw not everybody's a showmanship. Like I said, came like it. No, no, no, no, listen not. You know the big names right, these niggas is living. You gotta understand, even at the minimum, if you make ten thousand dollars a night, you do one hundred shows a million dollars. I don't know a doctor, a lawyer, no, no surgeent, nobody. So don't you ever look at one of us and be like, yo, numbers don't lie.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 4: Don't ever look at one of them and be like, I wonder what they're doing now, No, nigga, at the minimum, I'm only giving the minimum of what they make. It ten thousands a night. If they're doing eighty shows, eighty is eight hundred grand. So this is how you look at Caine, Rock, Cam Dougie. Those people are the ones that you know that you see all the time everywhere, who's averaging eighty two hundred shows a year the rock.
Speaker 1: Basis, I don't know they got a tour right now? Piece of easy rock. Oh now that that nineties tour MC breathe that whole Excuse me that it makes bread.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they make it. But that's why every year is pandemonium. So don't look at the when people be like, I wonder what they do now they get that judge or are you judging that? And I got certain people niggas better not even look on this side. I was at bottom and selling over seventy million records.
Speaker 1: That means.
Speaker 4: Whatever albums that was out, I was on them, right, so you can. And then my publishing, I own it. That's why I tell the story about too about young kids, about having the publishing, that how important it is to have it. That's why all our argument, with all those acts, we gotta name them. That that was in here fighting.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Just for metro booming and the weekend sampling you a customer for I don't want to know overg and I get four percent in that record, right, I bring home two hundred and forty thousand dollars every four months. That's passive incomfort one, not from the whole only four percent. I'most about one record, it right, And there's no cappening. This, This is how this ship works. So so when people look at certain things and see people out there, especially people with the publishing that ship can feature, you'll.
Speaker 2: Know when it's gonna come.
Speaker 4: But every time I look around, But no, friend, Big Tank, he's the one that do all the picty ship power. You know, you know, being up the whole nine ship, stay on there, you know you It just comes when you, when you're able to have it. And I sput it with parish wow wow because the EP and d stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, is there a reason why you decided when he said producer, you said beat maker instead of going along.
Speaker 2: I am not one of them.
Speaker 1: Oat maker, don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: And the beat maker right, A producer tells you that beat is dope, and that beats not for you. That paragraph is dope, but it should go third. That chorus is ill, but it does as those paragraphs. Put that second verse first, put that one third. I got to create the record. A producer creates the record for the artists. So I never claimed to be the best beat maker. I know how to make a record. So I'm not in that category of niggas saying yo, the nigga I ain't never claimed to be that.
Speaker 2: I know how to make a song.
Speaker 1: Though, right, Christy Jones a't gonna say he's a beat maker, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know where that came from. I must sow must to happen. You did something, blaze, you said, just blaze. Okay, this is for React. That beat went around had to beat.
Speaker 1: This is a rumor I was supposed to be on React. Is that a rum yes, not a room, that's yo.
Speaker 2: So because it fit you.
Speaker 4: What happened was we couldn't I really couldn't find nobody to be able to understand where I was coming from. Brether Meth had to be. But since since that that lady was saying the sample, what do you say on top of that? So my ship was like whatever she said that, I'm that. So that's what what made it able to be a record, because I found a way to use it. They all had to be. But again, Reggie, I took an old verse of Reggie's like I kind of like, you know, like devoted it gosh. And then I played it for the label and I said, Reggie, they like it whatever, So he did it over.
Speaker 2: Wow, But but he wasn't there. I just made ith do.
Speaker 1: We ever find out what she was saying.
Speaker 4: Somebody was saying that she was talking about, you know, the rumors like she was talking about suicide, and you know that's the rumors.
Speaker 2: You know people they were trying to kill me out there. So we never found out officially what she said.
Speaker 4: Somebody, one of the somebody said something that she said. But that was one of the main things. She was talking about, suicide.
Speaker 3: Because when you perform it, do you let the crowd say that work?
Speaker 4: Okay, they do that too, They do the whatever said they do again at the end of the day. It was so crazy because me having Marvin Gaye and then they then again You're looking like, okay, well damn, I'm this record is too big. I can't come behind that. But I was able to come right behind it with that. That's the part too. Had his hands on me like, oh shit, you give me another career, you know. So at the end of the day, so you know, again, I think just blazed two because they was hot, right, and I heard the rumors that that they was mad that he gave me the beat. They was upset, Wow, because they give records away, you the beat. They can all say that. But you don't know if it's going to be a hit because you had the record.
Speaker 2: This happened to hit.
Speaker 4: And now you're saying, okay, what sixty thousand that was just places. That's the most money he ever got for a record in his life.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And did he stay there?
Speaker 2: No, that's he never got that no more, never again. Okay, gee, Louise, geez.
Speaker 1: Did you did going back to the beginning of EPMD, did you ever see yourself as a so orders from bag? Then nah, this is listen. Man.
Speaker 2: Parish was the one that.
Speaker 4: Had experience because his brother was in the business, and Paris was in a cool called the Rock Squad. He just didn't rhyme. He was a DJ. But when he heard when I went to his neighborhood, moved my grandmother, I used, I was already had two rhymes. I had the bunad Get story and I had Jane. So I used to spit those for his friends and him. So he was like, you know, one day we're gonna go to the studio. So I'm like, this can't be happening. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know, you don't kid, you don't know. So he went to college because he played football, So we skipped eighty five. Eighty six we kind of went in, but we skipped that too. Then eighty seven we went in and made the first demo and that's when November of eighty seven, it's my Thing and your customer came out. Now, you guys wasn't on depth jam then, No, we was on teating back records are independent sleep Yeah, first record, so team Bank Records, right man Tron. That was the group that they had. And they had Joyce Simms, a lady that was you know you oh my ole, they really do. You had that the press was kind of crazy. And then they signed Nicer Smooth and then they had Craig Matt with the zoom zoom zoom. So again we they was moving, you know. But but I walked in the in the in the spot one day, I saw a new computers, a new desks, new cars outside, and we broke figure. I signed for fifteen hundred dollars. That means seven hundred feet dollars for Paris, seven hundred dollars for me. But I was I was a minor. So when Russell went in for the audit, he was able to get it. So and then because they was in an illegal contract with you that too, and they were just robbing you know, this wasn't right. So Russell came with it was like one point six million dollars and after that was on definitely by the whole third album is I'm mad Man slaughter fucking you know the old type.
Speaker 2: Of you know this, you know, angry titles.
Speaker 4: You know, when you signed the Depth cham because of what was going on with Seambag, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and the rumor was like, which I didn't really know to so recently the rumor or the rumor was like, uh that you thought it was Parish at first because he had the cars and he had the houses and you didn't. Oh that's just as far as the e PMD. How it got sour. Yeah, that was everybody.
Speaker 4: I mean we watched it and everybody was saying, you know, the neighborhood talking. Same with the EPMD Rock and Beef. It's the neighborhood that talks, you know what I'm saying. So at the end of the day, again, I wasn't on my business, you know, That's what it boils down to. You know, you I did think that that count Bow and Bert had all of us everybody so but the end of the day, bird kind of helped me to right, you know, after a while, like when I started seeing things, I started learning ship too. But again, at the end of the day, when you're young or you're thinking, is the negative part, like you know, it's somebody getting me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So why do you think that's mentality? Like I got drunk my first contract too. I got I think five grand when the Avera Rex and the cowboy hat and gor text books, I thought I was rich, so I was.
Speaker 1: I went to the tunnel.
Speaker 3: You couldn't tell me ship five grand magic? But but why do you think And I'm gonna tell you something. I knew my contract was shipped, right, but I was. I was under the impression. I was like, yo, let me just get into this game and I'm gonna make it work. When when do that generation stop and say fuck that. I'm gonna get a good contract first, not get into this bad ship.
Speaker 1: Because I listened to your.
Speaker 2: Story and.
Speaker 3: That was research and research and researching, and it was like you learned the business. After that you kind of got and I'm like, damn, that's that's fucking my story. Like I had to learn publishing after I sold it, You know what I mean. I had to learn about points after I gave it away.
Speaker 1: That everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is like your experience, from your experience. I shouldn't have went through it. From my experience, the next person shouldn't google.
Speaker 1: When do we stop this ship? When do we tell these artists that what they were?
Speaker 4: This is what Kiss was just talking about the last interview. I just heard him saying. He's saying that again, is he said? Him signing the contract? These days it's like for him Robin the bank. You know what I mean, it's you know, it's just a stupid to do. At the end of the day, you have to learn that all of us who went through it and saw what it was, why would you do that? But the fame and that checked they dingle in front of you for that to be sixty deals. It's hard for a kid to be like what you say about points and all that type of stuff that you know.
Speaker 1: They which is coated all that stuff is complicing publishing. They should learn they should teach a course before you get to.
Speaker 3: The merchandising all of that, like they control their merchandise.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing there too, which is crazy. The major r is that you know about you haven't seen a T shirt or nothing that they shows. They don't own that part. And that's also all that money from that three sixty is gone, So that's part was kind of crazy for you to be at your own show and your own concert and you got no merchandise.
Speaker 1: Even owning your likeness.
Speaker 4: That's what it's like right right then, and then.
Speaker 1: In the language saying in perpetuity throughout the universe, like these things are what's the crazy city?
Speaker 3: It's so fucked up right now that they can they can take your image and put you in a video game that you don't even owe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like like at least when we did Depth Jam Fight for the New York we had to actually go in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: So right now if you was just signed a three sixty deal, your label can put you in Mortal Kombat right seven and just had you there and you know what, you had a good move on that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I had it call Yeah it was dead all nor yeah life Eric, I do it.
Speaker 4: You know, the fucking the move was nice. I don't know who he got though, but somebody the ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: If there's anything probably positive of this generation of artists, they do have more power to dictate the type of deals because they're self sufficient in what they're doing, at least on yes, creating their own.
Speaker 2: Doing that revenue. If they're doing that there, if they're doing that.
Speaker 4: But the majority of them too, see all that money they generated from from them shows, right, that's why they so rich. Either they got they got the two million dollars for the three sixty, but the shows that you see they.
Speaker 2: Torn like crazy.
Speaker 4: They out there in the arenas like early all is the reasons all of them is in out there, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't know how many. He's not a whole bunch, but they but they on them, right, But they they that money that you see they got is real. But I always tell them, I'm not hating on you. Nobody's coming to watch you in the future.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And the scary part they don't understand that when they hear it, that means that you see how we can rock or the people from the seventies and sixties make Jack's one hundred and thirty six years old. This is still.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You can perform the four hundred and forty million dollars when you step on the on that stage for that year that tour, meaning that he made records, that's going to always be able to people for this show up. So when when this error has to go to work, how we can go to work if you want to go to work and you can go get some money whatever they can because when I when I knew when they or get forty and they're gonna be talking about dick fuck suck pus. See whatever, it.
Speaker 2: Won't match, right, it won't match. No longevity in that right, it won't.
Speaker 4: Match is no longer you won't. So I want to figure out, how are you going to be able to earn money? Nigga? If you didn't save or have some type of situation, you won't be able to do what we.
Speaker 1: Do past virality, past going viral.
Speaker 4: Right, this is this quote, and this is what I'm saying is so fucking letho, and I wish they could hear this, like the fact that when that time comes, right, are you going to You're not going to be able to work?
Speaker 3: Right, It's real. You remember what I always say, like That's why I love Europe because like you just said, there's a time, well, you just can't book a show in America, right, Europe don't get to see you like that.
Speaker 2: Europe That's kind of saved my life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I always say, I always say dudef Germany, he always last at me. But I was frequenting dudes in Germany. I was like, fuck that they paying my quote. I'm going That's how I learned about miles and all that. I started sucking with the plane tickets because you can't be paying that first cast flight and then and they get it all in all, if it's all in so I would use my points still get that first class flight and you put me onto that.
Speaker 1: But Europe, Europe, Europe, you know.
Speaker 3: Part Russia at times, Japan they held me down, They helped me down where I didn't have to like take these little.
Speaker 1: Because you know that's how they start doing. You didn't he go twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, You want me at twenty five, and then you're just like, yo, how you doing sh Let me let me go, let me go, grab, let me grab that.
Speaker 1: But Europe hold us down, and it almost feels.
Speaker 4: Like they held this they still holding, They still still in Europe, getting ready. I see the resund there, said, I just saw it fucking goes underd just alcoholic.
Speaker 2: I've seen it right there out there.
Speaker 3: Do you think hip hop lives in Europe more than it lives in.
Speaker 4: The well now it does, even though the new stuff did infiltrate. I never thought it was going to infistrate. But again, kids, come now, you know whatever, whatever you know, let me flash back to you, because you flashed back a while ago, but you got a mate back outside.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Year you're talking about. You know what I'm saying, What year was that overseas? Because that's a long time.
Speaker 2: That was in the early two thousands, early two thousands.
Speaker 3: This is this is like right before we do, Right before we did, I was what I called let me, I was what I call a hip hop purgatory. Like I wasn't dead, but I damn sure it wasn't a lie. Well like I was in that tough, tough space. And you know, Joe was there with me, you know what I mean. I had lunch with Joe yesterday, right and he said something very interesting to me. You know, we always say when we in the studio. This is this is our best look, right, it's our best fight. So you know, we all think like that. I don't give a what you say. So Joe looks at me and goes, I think I'm making the best music of my life. And I somewhat laugh because I'm like, Nigga, you say that every year, right, And he says to me, it's because I don't have no pressure no more. And I was like, and it's like, so what he's saying is when it's no pressure to me, the record label standing to me. To me, they are what is that ship schedule or whatever?
Speaker 1: And you just make the music.
Speaker 2: And I was like, holy shit, I had.
Speaker 1: Never looked at it like and it goes against our argument of indie versus major too, oh, because.
Speaker 2: The major puts that pressure to Okay, good lue.
Speaker 3: We always argue the verse. I said, I'm a major guy, he's an indie guy. But does that take the offer of you when you're in the studio and you're making records and you're just like, yo, I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it because of course.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be eventually lucrative, but right now I'm just gonna have some fun. I'm to go on.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what my thing was annoying. It was on my album too when I made Brunier. That was what my feeling was because I didn't have nobody telling me about no radio record or what to make. I'm doing it because I'm doing it for the culture and people that want to hear hip hop. And when I did it that way, my colleague showed up. Now I've talked about Yo, I wish I made that three hundred record, you know, shocking them. Everybody was just snooping them. Was just down the line saying, yo, did you get Eeric Summon's album? So usually I would hear what the company wanted to say. That's how we do. Sometimes they write, sometimes we fall into it. It's been a couple of times where I made songs. No, I didn't want to make them records, but I'll try to depress them to get it. But they can go out there and do the right thing. But again, when it's no pressure at this moment, That's why j just talking about that being independent and being the controlled. Joe doesn't care what happens because this is what he feels and he ain't worried about you know what somebody else is saying if cooland Dre says dope or no, say it's dope, and I think it's dope. I'm coming out with it, you know. So that's how I think that a lot of us feel. Who's independent?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Do you think a rapper ever, ever really retires.
Speaker 4: Maybe for not making records, but as far as them him doing this and still you know, writing rhymes and still now, I think you're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: But listen, okay, listen, you keep that to yourself.
Speaker 4: Because don't be busting niggas all that, because because because I don't feel that way all that niggas that like hip hop and like and like it's like Quincy Jones at his age still loves loves this. You know people who still loves this. I see Jermaine Dupre and see Brian Michael Brian.
Speaker 3: Pre socks right now, to take them guide right them socks is crazy, you see, don't it's Louie.
Speaker 1: No, I don't care. Those socks look like slave socks.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, but I went too far. Yeah, but we still like doing it as far as the music is being made. And then I think that the question you ask is real because again, how many people to be tired and came back?
Speaker 3: Yes, like every now and then you see whole doing Carcer pop up or something. He's been retired for twenty years now. Uh, Joe said he's retired. He told me he's in the studio.
Speaker 4: You have to again, Yeah, think about one hundred two thousand two kills me too, because again you're not doing no runs, but you want to kill him Mike's album. But that's the part that bugs out all of every other you hear the sound.
Speaker 1: So he did the Flu album. No, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 4: For people to say but that he's still rhymed and he's still righting the top level. But he comes and does it, so you can't say you're not rhyming, like you know what I'm saying. Like, so, so imagine if you got something to say on that, you got something to say. I'm just doing being biased because I wanted to come out. You know what I'm saying. I want he got something to say. I think he got something to say out there.
Speaker 2: I can't help it. Like this was a while ago.
Speaker 3: Well I'm in Carbone and I'm just sitting there and I just start writing, just start writing. And no one could read my handwriting. No one, not my wife, not even my mom.
Speaker 1: You're not handwriting, bro, I mean though, still you just went like this, Yeah, no one could read it, like put it together.
Speaker 3: The only person who read my mind word I've read my rhyme word for words that Kanye West.
Speaker 1: I knew it from him so fast. He was like, I looked, I said, holy ship. He spit it out, said you wrote it?
Speaker 2: You was like to write it.
Speaker 3: It was creepy. I grab my phones, give me ship. What are y'all in carbones? Okay, so you're Kanye what's your relationship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, man, that's a good sea listen at the end of the day. I never seen nobody excited about music like that. A few people that I've been in the lab with, you know, that's like feel the same way when the beat come on, in the momentum, the whole non same way. Because again, when I started with him, we was doing like a lot of hip hop music. And there's a room out there saying Eric says that the album's coming. I never said nothing like that. I said, I was working on the album. We was doing hip hop music. Pink Polo Kanye right. Well, the fact that it was the beats and stuff, it was like, you know, because again you come to get me. You know what I'm going to get ready to make You know what I'm saying. You come to get me, you know what I'm saying. So, and we had a vibe, we were the momentum was going crazy, and we had mad ideas the whole down with or whatever. So but as far as him and music, he don't need nobody. I just heard consequence saying too, he don't get people to write rhymes because he can't rhyme. Is the fact that maybe somebody else might have something that might be illa or your mind might not go there. People think that because the people that are sitting there giving you ideas the whole not meaning that you need.
Speaker 1: To do it. He don't.
Speaker 4: There was records that his man played me from twenty thirteen that would shake this whole ground up, you know, his production, whatever, his rhyme, all that shit his way out. So I kind of was bugging out, like what are we doing here? But I understand now because this is what it is. It's the other idea that you might have. So I did the whole lay thing. They went to Japan. I didn't go, and then I went to Italy and we was, you know, oh there that vibe was dope too. When that's when I walked in, I saw Todd dallas Sign and him and Dallas Sign had created something else, you know that that I wasn't doing when I was there. It wasn't mad, but still was you know, you don't play with drums, so the whole time it's like, Yo, make sure the drums is crazy whatever like that. Make sure it's like that, you know. So I was trying to do what I could do at that moment. But in the beginning, we was making you know, you was part of Vulture's one.
Speaker 2: There wasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was the name, you would make it with no name. This is the beginning. This is you know, we're just trying to set the vibe up and see what we get ready to make. But we had something going, you know what I'm saying. But I guess and I saw my couple of songs on the list when I was in Italy, I saw two of my songs on there.
Speaker 2: When it came to my song was known that But how did.
Speaker 1: You guys How did that relationship for you to come and work with him?
Speaker 2: How did that start?
Speaker 4: He called, He called, He called for me, He called again, eighty eight keys, called Bernard again and told me, yo that oh Kanye summons you.
Speaker 3: Is how he said it.
Speaker 2: That's where I heard it like that, So it was like crumbs.
Speaker 4: Well, but again it was the experience that I, you know, being around again, the antics, all that stuff that people. I know that fact that when it came down to the music, this motherfucker is what you know of a pure genius or he needs no one right, but he just chooses to do that. You like to collaborate exactly the ideas and see what you see where your mind is at. Same with Dre, though, because yeah, you did that too, Because Dre. When I first got to Dre's I did and one night he did three records of mine this rhyme, one after the other.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn this nigga.
Speaker 4: Dre just did three songs back to back by two thirty three in the morning. I come back. The next two days, he we do another record. But you call Snooping, So Snoop is doing the jay. I'm like, damn, this is four songs. Now full of your production. Right the next couple of days, he's doing this song, so I rhyme on that. Oh my god, nobody's never going to hear this is.
Speaker 1: It's not you don't think it's a part of this joint Snoop drap project.
Speaker 4: Not me and his no no, And when I mean, I can't even tell you the record.
Speaker 1: This is is how many records somebody got to kidnap Dre.
Speaker 3: I'm just somebody got to kidnap him and let him hear his own ship. But yo, man, this song was exciting and this belongs to the world in the fact of yours. That the the nw A e pm D thing, the Eric Simons Dre thing like it would have been something to talk about. It's just like when the ship went viral without I was there, you know. But this record was fantastic. You take us back the epmdnw A thing.
Speaker 2: That's what people saw us as.
Speaker 4: It was always a comparison, not rivals, though not just the caparison of of what we did and the music they made was almost the same.
Speaker 1: Because they wasn't you was working with y'all were doing funk before them the same time, same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was because when you go back to easy, he was already on Parliament and I was doing the same, doing that too, would doing it right, well exactly, but again not knowing though, you know what I'm saying. But when you go back you can hear the similarities. So it's very close. Yeah, well no, you're saying, it's the same time, yes, right, So I can't really say who had what? You know, I know that in nineteen eighty seven, it's my thing. You A customer came out cubas me and Cuba was tight. That's why you hear Cuban when he's speaking about me too. I used to he used to, you know, I used to pick him up, take him around.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because again he's to check in with you. He can't you know. Cube came to records. Can't make it up. Cube came to my house one time, right Atlanta, New York, New York. Okay, I ain't have no ac in my new home. I just got it.
Speaker 3: He got to Jerry Crow, Jerry Curl, Jerry Kruk, continue the a C Jerry Carroll take it him there.
Speaker 4: He goes to the backyard, jumps in the pool, fully clothed because he was hot.
Speaker 1: He was hot.
Speaker 4: What happens to the to the Jerry curR I'm saying, I'm telling you what figureways now, I ain't look at all that the fact that he jumped in the pool fully clothed.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happens after that?
Speaker 4: Back because we were shooting the sat na's commercial winding? Oh okay, so you know he just again came over. But he must have been hot because you know, you know, when you see a pool looking quenching the Knights to blue like, it makes you you know what I'm saying, when you see it. So that's he jumped in.
Speaker 1: What kind of money is you getting back then you had a pool? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Your money?
Speaker 4: Fact that Jesus nineteen ninety one, that's.
Speaker 3: That long money, yo, that's that longevity. You gotta understand.
Speaker 4: Though we was we didn't know he was producers, So don't forget we making the records. We don't know that we produce this. So again we already a step aheaded game. So so whatever royalties that you was getting over the advanceage you was getting, it was still more than somebody who was just doing this, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So but how did you not know you were producers already?
Speaker 4: I thought that the records you heard, the people made them.
Speaker 1: That they were already making their own records.
Speaker 4: Everybody who I heard, I thought they made their records. So me and Paris went in and did what we thought everybody did not knowing, well, then god, you didn't know. And then Will Smith was like, stop the show on stage one night and said, yo, e pmgs number one and Billboard, we'll know what Billboard was neither never forget we children. He's like number one in Billboard?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Afterwards Leo told me, oh, yeah, this is the Billboard charts.
Speaker 2: They're number one.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: So Will been fucking up the stage for a long time.
Speaker 4: Will yeah, said Will was already run DMC talk. But the most the seller is fresh Prince theys two point five million records. So they but they just don't understand that's it. Will used to be backstage saying, yo, I'm about to be famous. It's like you're already famous. He was talking about being on TV way before it happened. Wow, this nigga's so strong, you know. Me, I'm about fifty pounds bigger now. But I was still two hundred. Then Nigga picked me up and turned me upside down at eighteen. At eighteen, all right, I never and I'm like, I'm like, first of all, I'm kind of confused, but why are you doing this? That's what we were doing it because because we're boy you know. But for some reason that must something must have happened. And Nigga just you know whatever, like it was nothing snatched me whatever eighteen.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been starstruck?
Speaker 4: Jewish serving Julius Irvy doctor J I saw him at the Cleveland All Star Awards back in ninety five or whatever like that, and I shook a hand, but nothing was. I couldn't speak, nothing came out because my whole time, all I was thinking about when I was a kid was was Irving. When I play basketball, when I shoot up like Irving all the time. My family number is number six, my lucky number. To me, it's number six.
Speaker 3: The time when you just did like that, you look like you you can't play ball at all. Okay, now that's the myth. You just did that, you know, embarrassed a little bit.
Speaker 4: My boys in there they're telling you.
Speaker 1: That's not.
Speaker 2: Might not any time when you want to shoot. Yeah at this age.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got the weekend. We got to have a back game and we have a handball. Nice and handball. That's awesome, water we can side awesome.
Speaker 2: You just selling the truth.
Speaker 4: He was hot and ship.
Speaker 3: You sid trying to.
Speaker 1: Make a handball off national sport in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: I seen your golf outfit, Nigga with the strikes, with the fucking I seen you play golf. I don't play golf. You have to go off outfit nigga with not the handball outfit. Okay, we'll make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to bring handball back. Is the time, Thomas, let's do it. Okay, you want to play him in the game.
Speaker 4: You're not asking enough question because again you're gonna edd this for two hours.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what so where's the stuff that I read the drama that you can drama drama? No, you're not acting the whole you know, you ask everything.
Speaker 1: We this is this is just the middle of the we get this is the part. This is everybody. Then we go off. By the way, I love this, but you gotta pick a designated drinker for yourself.
Speaker 4: Nobody drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can pick Sonny D.
Speaker 1: B T right here.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sonny, you got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he got a E P M D shirt on. Hey, Sonny, you know what.
Speaker 4: Time is right so so so if you go out there drunk right now? Oh yeah, he's gonna go my drunk. He's already drun two at two pm? Who's driving? Who's driving you? Okay, he got it. He got a horse and carriage because it's two pms. Okay, yeah, so the little guys twelve and thirty, well, he's gonna be fucked up.
Speaker 2: The rules is this is the rules. We're gonna give you to two different things.
Speaker 1: I got from Yes, you say you picked one that, we're good if you say both or neither.
Speaker 2: Do you know that everybody named mother this show?
Speaker 3: You saw I got to argue. Someone on Twitter was mad, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, why nor we gotta keep saying the same start I said, he's.
Speaker 2: Not talking to you, talking to the guests.
Speaker 3: Yea, all right, this is a good one. You want this one, I'll take this.
Speaker 2: One now, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're a drink at.
Speaker 1: I'm get another one.
Speaker 2: Get my mama, Juan and uh the.
Speaker 1: Shots to him.
Speaker 2: Make sure you just you can't move in here.
Speaker 1: That's alright ready, du Parker, d MX, how to get.
Speaker 3: Another drinks, DMX and if you got any stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, stop And this is the part where we get into things. You got it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know DMX and Solo, Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Case his first record is no.
Speaker 4: But as far as them jail together, so I don't know who had spellbound first. I know Solo was nice as fuck, but DMX for him to argue.
Speaker 1: Like that for twenty years, to be like, yo, I did it.
Speaker 4: Like you niggas A're gonna argue like that the whole time. But again, either way, we don't know. We don't know to prove it. But DMX was he was adam adam in about his so too. But Solo was so dope at DMX.
Speaker 2: And he didn't do it.
Speaker 4: He need to because X is so nice. He said, fuck it, I't got to do that ship right whatever, but anyway, get out me. Dog was being made right and they they called me and said, yo, you know we this in your man, you know, no irv Gotti and DMX like you know you want me to take it out. I'm like, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: That's not what I got.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying was whatever, So I've.
Speaker 4: Never heard so so when it came out, they still bleeped it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the bleep. But everyone knew that's what he said.
Speaker 4: Though I'm not gonna lie. I didn't know that case the concept, but whatever, whatever, they bleep it. Even though I said to them, do what you gotta do, they still bleeped it. So that was the DMX little story.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's that's you ever met ta? Yeah, I got picture to be in my rim shot. Man, it's the New York Tupac Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta. Okay, because everybody was they always did.
Speaker 4: Man, you gotta watch the you gotta watch the Freaknick movies. That's a h right, yeah, okay, I'm telling the story in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start now, man.
Speaker 3: Doing what I can see the Magic City tear it up original Magic City short.
Speaker 4: It's another nigga with some bread that yeah, he hold it. Okay, good, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Next one big pun or big L not or big pun big L. See that's man, you wild now shot.
Speaker 4: See you take a shot because that's sasse. Two different dynamics, but both of them lyrically is lyrically nobody never seen heard before. See mefore that you can't do that. You gotta take you gotta get jokes resting piece of both of them.
Speaker 1: And imagine if both of them would have been here today, And the same with Pocket and next.
Speaker 3: You always always wanted to see what Big Pun would be like with a Twitter account.
Speaker 4: What made you say that?
Speaker 1: Or easy, he says Instagram they would have been sucking up because an extension of personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: The first time I kind of like really really knew that Fab was a real funny person was when he when he ranked on the ray J When he did that, I was like, fabist funny, like you get around Fab.
Speaker 2: Like if social media helped Fab in.
Speaker 3: My opinion, like like it helped him because people started to say, holy shit, he's kind of funny, Like you know, because he didn't talk much. He didn't talk, office would speak for him. It wouldn't be him, you know what I mean. So, but then he didn't have to do a dope interview or nothing. Fab would just be funny on on the ground and then everybody, and then people started to gravitate to us. Yeah, so okay, so we want the next one. L L or Kane, Oh.
Speaker 4: You got again, you gotta you gotta look at ship man. This is elo coolja whatever the criteria for lyrically, this is you gotta take a shot.
Speaker 3: You gotta take a shot. I thought you was gonna now I was, But the dynamics is, you know, because I did have cuts in my eyebrows trying to be like that.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 4: Those are friends and people are this mad sensitive now too when you're just like, you know, you say my name, you know, Oh, niggas be acting like that, they like you. Niggas you mad at that Primo or Pete Rock? Oh what's warm with shoes man Dominican in the Columbian Man, it's twelve thirty. Niggas like, right, we drinking. You gotta drink that. You gotta drink that Mano Sip Sippy sip.
Speaker 1: Who have you worked with more out of those two who Premore or Pete Rock?
Speaker 3: Pete Okay, me and.
Speaker 4: Pete got records from nineteen ninety one and heavy these basement wow wow peace because his historia wasn't heavy these basement because Heavy had the records. This stuff is down there at Heavy de Scrip.
Speaker 1: Rest of Peace.
Speaker 3: That's another when we lost it.
Speaker 2: Uh, slick Rick or Biggie Smalls, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is it? Yo?
Speaker 4: On purpose?
Speaker 2: Biggie Smaller, slick Rick.
Speaker 4: It doesn't Yo, just these sister has never been this hard for nobody. I watched this ship. Just ain't you put these shows together?
Speaker 3: But they making it personally for you.
Speaker 1: That's why they want.
Speaker 4: But you know the storytellers like the biggest small than one too, boy, where they come from. This nigga want to junk. Okay, I feel sorry for you.
Speaker 2: You finished.
Speaker 4: They fucking you up.
Speaker 2: Any any stories with Biggie, Yeah, tell us.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. I gotta go again, Okay, but not brung Biggie Smaller to a barber shop right, No, this is in Brooklyn to meet me.
Speaker 2: But I don't remember that was getting.
Speaker 1: Your haircut in Brooklyn. I'm getting all that money.
Speaker 4: I'm a Pink Houses nigga Niggs New York. Yeah, okay, so I didn't never, I never. I don't remember that story. But but he's adamant and people are confirming the story anyway. E P. D Breakup. I do Hitting Switches my first single. It's directed by Puffy and Hight Williams. First, whatever on the set is Notrri's b I g the whole entire time, right, So when when I go do a set, I see him, you know, he was like, you know, just following now. I don't know why he in the video because Puppy had the whole mont Vern in my video, you know. At the time, So Biggie Small's tells Tracy Waples, I need to be on Eric Sermmon's album, right, But me wild, I had my own crew, you know. Then I had met this regally talking about this kid named Joe Sinister, which Je Mester j had and I heard him. So that was the only special guests I had on the CD at the time. But I never heard in the tories big you know, I want to I can shoot myself now at at the end of the day. But again that's my story of somebody who was looking at me in the way, like, yo, was this nigga? I needed to be on this nigga's album CD and he was brought to me, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: And that's before he had any records, no record party, bullshit. Before he was onvd's Blue Funk Nowhere.
Speaker 2: He wasn't No, he didn't do nothing yet.
Speaker 4: Wow, but he was signing the Puff but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he was around.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's with him because Puff the video. You said, yes, but wild of Diamond D.
Speaker 4: I gotta go with Diamond because again I played the first album and the tour bus. We put that every day. That was dos the FIXT player with the album though too, but we heard that every day. So I say, like that first LP, that's the stump Blunts, no Salary, one track mind album, that whole ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Leo Cohns and Russell Simmons, they're both same people.
Speaker 3: So they're taking a shot for that. You do.
Speaker 4: You have to because they're both the same people.
Speaker 1: You're saying that one person saying saying bothoth Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: I'm not Maybe that smokers get me because I'm not even doing anything.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy n w A or Wu tang Klan, God damn.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 4: Are you sure nigga you're gonna be cool?
Speaker 3: Gonna be cool?
Speaker 2: Are sipping? Okay? So that he said sane?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: He said both?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Both because you know man because n W A Man was just like you to about Q Wren Dre and and then you're looking at the Wo Tang clan and all nine of them came and shocked the planet.
Speaker 2: You cannot they both those both of those crews shocked the plant.
Speaker 3: Don't forget the DC.
Speaker 4: And that would have been if he didn't imagine what he would have been had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's coming out.
Speaker 4: People realize when you play and hear the lyrically what he was. He was incredible because he sold a million records, though they like he didn't come out and do whatever. This of the lyrics Texas lyrically insane.
Speaker 3: It was similar to like you guys, you had Doc Effects, you had E P M D and you had I forget who else I forgetting waste red man and they had n W A Easy E and d O CEO same time, H D O C.
Speaker 4: Very dangerous, very like even though I come beget He wrote the chronic though.
Speaker 1: To his paying game was crazy. He was that near like the Nods of the West Coast before now he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you got to give him that. People don't talk about, not.
Speaker 3: Even West Coast because he's from Texas.
Speaker 4: But I mean he made give it to him because they don't know him and he only had the one situation. But again, if you go back and you play it or watch the video, his.
Speaker 2: His his delivery, all of it. Like he knew his game was wild, right, And you know we asked him.
Speaker 4: He was yeah.
Speaker 2: We said him, you know, how how fucking for?
Speaker 3: What is uh? What name of the hit?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, We were asking him, Yo, where did the patchwak come from? He said he just made it up? Like we thought, you know, maybe he had some Caribbean background. He's like, no, he just said he's one of the shock you wanted to shock dra Studio.
Speaker 2: Did you see his documentary?
Speaker 3: You got to see this documentary because when they talk about it, right, they all everyone's like and then doctor Dre looks up and goes, I still to this day don't know what the fun He says over really he's not that ship.
Speaker 1: No, that's such an ill record and the whole album album's crazy.
Speaker 3: Get the next one.
Speaker 2: Biz mark here o dB uh bis monkey.
Speaker 4: Digital or analog analog all fucking day, analogm analog all day.
Speaker 2: To Cuba scar face. This is a highly debate debatable one here. Yeah you can go on that though too.
Speaker 4: You can say whatever to but I feel they're the same from different parts.
Speaker 3: They are the same.
Speaker 4: But you got one person that is radical and one dude who tells stories that's insane radical. Yes, whatever, like, but when you play America's most Wanted Nigga, like this is life changing. And the certificate too, I think that's certificate too. You playing record and you're playing funking and and and jack and for beats to fucking.
Speaker 1: The e P.
Speaker 2: He said, God your record.
Speaker 4: I'm saying my back to back to back and when I'm saying that, run and I don't want to do that because niggas is for real?
Speaker 2: Can you say my name?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: But Face is one of them.
Speaker 4: He's listen man, but listen you. Face is my friend because I produced this nigga, so he's my that's my boy. But when you go back to n w A in the writing America's most Wanted, the certificate and the.
Speaker 3: And the.
Speaker 4: Just that with you that I want to say it, but you got to drink.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. What argument was that run is crazy?
Speaker 1: I know, okay, I had it built.
Speaker 4: Up, getting ready to say give me that I was going ready to go.
Speaker 2: There, but you guys are while for this one.
Speaker 3: You got to say that, I guess Puerto Rican food or Jamaican food Spanish, Like how you said Spanish instead of Puerto Ricans.
Speaker 4: Is a Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought recipes of Hurricane g but I thought she was Cuban at one point for some reason, because you was out.
Speaker 4: Of line that twin that you CARDI b got. She had it first card Dominican, but the strong Puerto Rican sat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hurricane Dominican, though, listen.
Speaker 4: Got you right about that, because that's because I'm Dominican. Listen, you know what, because I listen because because the green Eyes, right, I could pull it listening listen.
Speaker 2: Hey wait, wait wait, let me put my story my story.
Speaker 4: I had a rapp named team Hot Up and watch Heights, right. They look just like us, So I'm like, damn, I look like y'all. You know, maybe I can pass through, right, Because again, Dominicans go up that that bus on seventy second Street. All anybody said, I'm parked outside, it's gonna come with.
Speaker 1: And be like I'm here, I'm looking.
Speaker 2: For now English.
Speaker 4: But she's bad as I'm just waiting to see what I can fix that. You know that bust that come up on broad Wait they busted come up English call anybody go get her. I'm gonna talk to her, and my boy gonna translate. I got money for you. I'm gonna give your apartment papers, say, and some food and some clothes and a visa. What they was doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, you're not saying I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know about the culture to whatever. I'm just here trying to see what's going on. Washed Heights was was new to me, and Dominicans was was heavy. Now Washed Heights is fire with restaurants in the hold off all that. But at that time is what they did. We parked outside seventy first seventy sixth Street, Mida.
Speaker 1: And listen, mister, need to get your Starburst for you.
Speaker 4: You left, you know, but the good back to the Dominican with the CARDI b You're right, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans wants you to know they're not that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's at the Cubans Puerto Ricans like we all.
Speaker 4: I don't unders stay in the same way.
Speaker 3: If I said you from Brooklyn and you was like, nah, I'm from Long Island because you have their own.
Speaker 2: But that's the difference.
Speaker 4: Though, Why is this? Why are they saying that to knowing that they it's stupid to me. It seems like they're close, but I don't know that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not right, it's not, but it is the thing is, that's colonial bullshit in all of our minds.
Speaker 3: You're correct, that's what it is a difference. Not eat my fu from my portoy, different land, different But what's funked up about that? You can't even base it on the food. I went to my favorite Porto Rican restaurant for damn there six months actually meet the goddamn chefs and the chefs was Dominican.
Speaker 1: I was, I was, this is not But what different is my fungal from Mongoul? How difference? It's the same ship.
Speaker 2: But we have the same ship too, It's all, you know.
Speaker 3: But but there's certain people might say Coca cola, and also all of that comes from that.
Speaker 2: It's all a mix. Huh, Why why not mister?
Speaker 3: One is Puerto Rican and one is Dominican When you eat it?
Speaker 1: What wait, it's all based on planting, bro Relax man.
Speaker 4: This is the part too. It's because argument because because I don't do they is again different with Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. Some of them put olives in there in it right and what and what and yeah, I don't do that the rice and beans.
Speaker 1: And some people put in right all of in the the ground beef to.
Speaker 4: Some people I went that to Dominicans don't do the same way that Puerto Ricans do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's there's there's the differences. That's why they that's their it's the same name.
Speaker 2: No, that was just not that.
Speaker 3: That's no. And then you don't understand. This is called what exactly?
Speaker 6: So that.
Speaker 1: Congree.
Speaker 2: But then this is the thing to be hungry. The difference is shoes divine.
Speaker 1: And then the South American and Central American those start to change, you know, because then it's colonialism. How long Spain was there? How long this was here? Like main not a part of us. Spain is the reason why.
Speaker 2: We talk Spanish guy Spain.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you some bro then that Spain is the whitest You're not a Titano, you are not a Spain is the whitest Latino country, the.
Speaker 2: Color in the world.
Speaker 1: They are the reason why we are Latinos. Unfortunately, colonialism, bro, and we all gonna take that ship all the same question. Yeah, we're sucking up right now. You picked, you picked, you picked port Weekond pick colonially to forty sure, Hammer over them. We got to talk about you was on that tour. Yeah, so how did you feel what everybody like? Was it around ever the time when third base was dising Hammer, when when people were disinhammered.
Speaker 4: Their base in come they came at ninety one, but they wasn't out yet. They was probably they copy came.
Speaker 1: When we got But how did you feel about people disin hammered being that you was not?
Speaker 4: Because because I had don't forget, we had to. We had beef with Hammer, so we it wasn't so you guys started that then what you mean you had beef for Hammer?
Speaker 2: E PMD on the tour? Yeah, oh remind us listen.
Speaker 4: Me and Paris put it to We gave it to everybody, like I said, for I was like I said, six two and a half, heavy set, chocolate brown, hell of a jab gift together. It didn't matter. People thought they was they was like that and we had to show them that you wasn't like that. So you open your mouth up, you're catching it. That's what Keith Murray was a problem though too. Everybody was trying to calm Keith Murray down, but you they was fucking the fire on him. So he couldn't sit back and just say whatever he had to go. He was gonna cut you.
Speaker 2: So the same thing too, when you on this road, you on this thing.
Speaker 4: Always artists, you know, they want to get the certain position I want to go on before you, or this and that or take your spot, the whole nine. And anybody that was trying to get that, they had it coming.
Speaker 2: So I'd never heard about the EPM DMC.
Speaker 4: I mean I think I I vaguely remember I said on somebody else's thing, but you know you want to hear that. You want to hear what happened. Yes, okay, So we had the dancer called Findy. Findy was a good dancer. He's from the Brooklyn No, he's from the Rockaway right, so he's he was He was all over the stage. Hammer comes out to speakers and riders, so you know you want to be like, stay off the speakers. You know what I'm saying. Because the Hammer's people told EPMDS dancers stay off the speaker, right, So so okay, so we on tour whatever like that and that, that and this. But when you and the when the mow and the crowds hype, you get amped. So maybe in my dance's mind he remembered, but he probably didn't remember it. So that one night Vanila Ice opens up matter of fact, when the lights wanted to go on tour and dance with Findy be on toy EPMD. It's crazy, but he that night got on the speaker dancing. So we get off the stage. I think it was Hammer's brother, not Lou, but another one came and was barking at Findy, so we don't know this is going on hammer pants, I don't know. I didn't look at all that everybody in his crew maybe maybe the his the stat I mean everybody that was on stay. But anyway, they was talking right, so we here like yelling. We see the dancer going back and forth. So Paris comes over. Here is it and then boom busts this nigga glasses and everything, yes, all of it, all of us, the practice, cook, the blow, then the door punt first quickly, so once he hit him, we see like a whole fucking sea of people.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine him? And got thirty on stage. Anyway, so.
Speaker 4: The people started coming and there was police officers. You know, I can't make this up. So after a while we ended ended up moving towards the wrong way. So now we're in this corridor where you go backstage and change. Now it's me, Solo, Alvin God by the Dead, and I and some other person against all these people and we're like, oh, Ship, And one of the god was like, yo, I want him to chubby one.
Speaker 2: So I'm like God, damn, I'm like Ship.
Speaker 4: So now I get to him karate.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no comfortable.
Speaker 4: Dance, nothing whatever. So Solo is a golden glove boxer, so at least I know maybe he can be able to.
Speaker 2: Take two or three one on one. But I know Alvin is he's dangerous.
Speaker 4: But again, it too many people for some reason, the police were the sheriffs had it didn't get to that point, but it almost got there. So then the next day we get a call from Leo and Russell because they had called him and said we want no parts with E. P. M. D. We want no parts of them. And that's that's how it it ended.
Speaker 3: The tour ended, It's like, wow, did you ever connect with Hammer? After that?
Speaker 2: He didn't even show up to the next show. This in his hometown. He didn't show up. Ok because of that if and he didn't come.
Speaker 1: To Oakland.
Speaker 2: No, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister fab where you'll ave.
Speaker 3: Too Short?
Speaker 4: Nobody Short came Short, came Short was my that's still my boy? Like Short was like like really kind of like holding me down.
Speaker 1: Kind of Oh okay, you know, because they all cool now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they was cool with him and now too.
Speaker 4: I was cool with him him then, Like so for when people talk about him, I'm like, man, you got to be crazy. Motherfucker sold ten million record You cannot take nothing from him. And I was and I was also an advocate to to like where was he at for Hip hop fifty? You cannot do that. He was like the big quart of it, like whatever, that's why he never came.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, yo, what happened to him?
Speaker 4: But again the time whatever, everybody, listen, you're young, norry out there in the nineties. Ain't know none of these phones, none of the other ship this and that whatever. They just got busy, you know, many these shootouts. We was in Jesus like apartments, you know, North Carolina, fucking Callium, fucking Rochester, upstate. I mean, these these people didn't play you coming to their town, right, because don't forget you you in the town. The girls is you look at the whole Nimes and now whatever like that, and they're doing the shit that happened the puppy at the club. Yo, I got money too, you know that's the type of shit that that was going on back then. Man, we in fucking Ohio, right, we in one of them shits whatever, one of arenas, and I put I have my EPMD jacket, put my jacket down. Somebody stole my jacket. So somebody said, yo, I got Eric Simmon's jacket, right, making a whole big deal. I'm like, damn man, the niggas got my jacket, so we know you all know who has it. But anyway, twelve Detroit niggas, it's eight thousand people in there, they tearing this areena the fuck up? Right now with me is Jalen Rose, no ship right, I'm the only one with a pistol. So now it's like, okay, we got to get because these niggas are now as shooting so I'm telling you right now, kim My mother died eight months ago. Jalen Roses outside in the moving van. He had to jump in because it was that hectic out in that part. But we got this basketball niggas. We gotta make sure that he's safe.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And this is when he's in the NBA or winning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is this is Maybe it might you know, maybe because this is this is ninety ninety, ninety or nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Because isn't at the time five isn't that the Fab five? It might be five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be because don't forget if you watch some of his documentaries, you see on the sofa with pirates like him and Harry Paris had got cool. But but again the Fat five had to because it's ninety so so had to moving banduck crazy and I'm like, yeah, imagine that ship didn't go right?
Speaker 1: Thank got it? Okay, Cypress Hills on the Fuji's.
Speaker 4: They got to go with withis because it was my boys, even though it's people too, because I was mad cool with Lauren in the beginning of me. People don't know that about law. Lauren used to call the studio. We used to talk a lot, like talk a lot on the phone, you know what I mean. But but again, but you know Cyper Stills, they changed the whole fusih ain't escape too.
Speaker 2: But for niggas like that Hardcourt ship. That was problem with them.
Speaker 4: That's the word.
Speaker 2: The first video.
Speaker 4: I was like, but you got to talk about you said you got the tape to Cyprus. We had the same Sony rap. So when I when I got up the playing me and past in the car with the Sony rap, he had the Cyper Skills tape. Whatever I heard, I'm like, this is crazy. I just happened to call Cube because I wanted Cube to hear it. I don't know why I called them, but I said, yo, meet me at He said, no, me me such and such. So I brought him to tape when I came home. He in the video. Yeah, so you really like the you know cyber steals when he when he heard him and he's in the video in New York. That's what I'm saying in New York. That's the ill part. And he will says when he looked up and saw him, like, ohly ship, that's cute.
Speaker 1: That video has mad cameos. Yeah, that's a crazy A lot of New York cameo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he said that they did label. The label wanted him to. They wanted them to shoot that to get the New York because again not knowing that LA was going to play the record. But it's a New York sounds, it's a jam, so they're like, yo, let's shoot it there.
Speaker 3: Except got me, got me? You're still going with that? Yeah, yeah, We've got another one. A deaf squad or his squad his squad. Okay, Metro Boomer or Murder Beats, metro Keith Mary or Redman.
Speaker 2: The way are you doing that? Drink Man?
Speaker 4: Look that's said, got to take a super peepiece in a second.
Speaker 3: Just Blaze or bank they hate each other by the way, f y Yeah no, see from what.
Speaker 4: I guys see, I say it's just because he did the record for me too. But but bank Dog style is just insane. I think that I think that people, I think he might be the father of it. You know of a couple of people's styles on on the on the low because if you play the songs that don't because he was there first. So you play the records and see some of the technique of it.
Speaker 3: You said he was there first, my Rockefeller, the style.
Speaker 4: Of the style of the beat. When you hear people that came after him, you know, I'm just hey, man, God damn it.
Speaker 2: That's big coming for you. So you say, I'm just giving the father.
Speaker 4: The factual, the timing history of the history of it, like when you see the stuff that he was doing. And you know, you gotta put Rockbill in there too, because again some of the styles are similar, but he was first before the other one, you know. And but again we all take from ship, you know what I mean. But you know, just Blase is incredible. You gotta you gotta sit man, because because both of them is ill at what they do. I know, I'm sorry, order youngsters illegal. Come on, Both those groups are dope.
Speaker 2: Though rock him okay, restaurant.
Speaker 4: Rockim is my mentor Chris is my man doing too. But I gotta go for my partner who's down the block from me, you know, Long Island. I'm gonna have to take a people got you gotta take a dookie.
Speaker 3: So he picked him.
Speaker 2: M j Or Prince.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Michael Jackson. Even though Prinson is still a genius because he produced his own music.
Speaker 2: And the whole one.
Speaker 4: But I just watched him Michael Jackson just before about what they said that Michael Jackson when he did the Oprah Winfrey interview, right, it was one billion people that watched it.
Speaker 2: No, five hundred, five hundred million.
Speaker 4: Right then when he did oh no, when when he passed away, it was one billion people that watched it. Yes.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So when you talk about the people like I'm the next Michael, none of y'all, no way in the world his whole ship about him. Chris don't have that neither. But you have to give it to Michael. He was something that we never ever, ever ever seen before.
Speaker 3: You heard you ever hear the stories of the beefing No, yeah, like the more and more interview people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think they like each other.
Speaker 4: Mike said.
Speaker 3: He showed up to a couple of the shows, but he was there to shut him down. He wasn't there like okay, he wasn't there to like he like. Mike would come up to some Prince shows and know that these people ain't gonna tell him, no, he's fucking Michael Jackson. And he would go on and try to perform before prints from certain things and real, Yeah, like this is this is like we have multiple stories from different people, and Mike was Mike was kind of the more and more you kind of see it and you like kind of see him like.
Speaker 2: With gang members.
Speaker 3: You're like, that didn't make sense, Like he I almost thought I saw him throw up a side but I did, I did, and I did but and beat it. No, no, no, like all that. It was always like certain things and then you hear like his affiliation, like it's different.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So I always said, or those stories. This is my favorite stories. Michael Jackson and Prince stories. Have you ever met Mike.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you a story with Mike. So I got a call to go do Black Street Teddy Rally. So me and my cousin ride down to Virginia again. N all right, cool, well yo, you you're mentioning there one more time when I'm stopping. I know, but this is too much.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go because let's take this to this.
Speaker 4: I'm already in every he's already in every interview. He's like, did you say my name again?
Speaker 1: We're talking about So I.
Speaker 3: Go to Virginia and and I see you're speaking to see Teddy Rally.
Speaker 4: No I go see he called me okay, so so because don't beginut, I did Booty Call the first single when they first something right, that's right? So after I whatever, I walk inside for real. So I walk inside there the first person I meet is Pharrell Wow right. It is a producer there him Chad and a singer named Mike. So he's like, yo, I wrap like you do?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's his shirt tight? What's what's true?
Speaker 6: What like?
Speaker 4: I'm not looking at people like that I do.
Speaker 3: I have to describe the situation ahead continued.
Speaker 4: So if you go on the internet, there's a song with me and Pharrell called boot Monocalization that we made in nineteen ninety three. Boot what I know?
Speaker 3: It's crazy ninety three?
Speaker 4: Yes, because I put them on two records.
Speaker 1: Are trying to say you discovered the Neptunes before?
Speaker 4: No, I justspect that.
Speaker 3: Tell you had them.
Speaker 1: It's very true.
Speaker 4: He had in the studio. That was the producers. I let him rhyme on the records that I was doing.
Speaker 1: You let Pharrell run before anybody else, let him ryme right.
Speaker 2: I always take those prospects. Fuck you, Eric, I din't know that. You gotta go on the YouTube and you go that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. Anyway, I'm already amp up because I'm there with Teddy outside of the tour bus, right, Michael Jackson on tour bus. So Mike goes to the bathroom. I miss him, right, So I don't know that part. Teddy says, Eric, Yo, you want to be Michael. I was like, not now you said not? Now, I know what's wrong with you? Were you nervous?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 4: I was there with Teddy? No, I was there with Teddy. Wasn't like this is what I was here doing for some reason that was that wasn't more important than what I was doing. I know that's the illly ship. I told Teddy. Not now crazy. I could have walked on that bus, shook hands, maybe, could have building a record, anything, anything. My mind was someplace else.
Speaker 2: And let me guess that Michael float out of there.
Speaker 1: No, he he is.
Speaker 3: You've never seen I never saw. So your one chance to be one chance you blew it.
Speaker 4: Take a pictures the whole that I could have had, all that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you ain't even take a flick for the ground.
Speaker 4: Tell you to collaborate, Tell you would collaborate the story, nigga, Like yo, the bus is sitting out there.
Speaker 2: He said, you want to meet him?
Speaker 4: I said not. Now he must have thought Teddy must have thought he was was I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I know Michael thinking he was told, oh, yeah, if he.
Speaker 2: Were Teddy, yeah, Michael, he would have been like crumbs.
Speaker 3: And then Teddy went back and say, man, he'll be He'll be a little while.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But but but at the end of the day, Michael Jackson, nobody was bigger than him.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody. I'm not gonna lie Chris Brown right now.
Speaker 4: Very close what I told you, nigga, very close though, five hundred millions, Michael's one billion international. He goes to the shows, there's one hundred thousand people a shot, no matter what outside.
Speaker 2: When he goes somewhere, he got to shut down.
Speaker 4: The whole Christmas would tell you neighborhood everything. We never seen that from no individual that that that was it.
Speaker 1: That's why I said close, like damn shape, political everything internationally, probably helped the Cold War everything.
Speaker 4: People that have stopped to see it. When he show up somewhere, what they got to do. They have to shut down the neighborhood. This is just proof of the millions and millions of millions of people. You never but no individual. He's bigger than anything we have ever seen.
Speaker 2: Who come on, you just left field right now to this question? Is crazy? A couple of those.
Speaker 1: Ahead? Yay? Or for real?
Speaker 2: Kanye?
Speaker 1: We did that already. No, no, no, we just brought up for we just brought mom. You said who you say?
Speaker 4: You said Kanye even though Parrell's ill, but Kanye again, when he came he kind of whatever. I know when I was, like you said, from when you sit there, you kind of dormant. But when he when I heard the ship that when he came out, it kind of woke me up as a producer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's that's that's that's a compliment.
Speaker 4: Radio podcast. Oh it's podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Cam or Mace, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta sip it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big up to Cam and makes too man very proud of.
Speaker 4: Because they both to me, is almost kind of the same. Though kind of though too because because they both spit the that that that dollar that they both what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Cheers love what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Uh, Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle, I got the biggest list ever. Yeah, it's your niggas wold out with that. Yeah, so Chris Rockert, Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, because I know Chris One, I know Dave Funny. Now I'm just saying that just Chris say PMD fan. So I'm saying I don't you know. And I watched everything he did, and I watched anything Dave did too, And.
Speaker 2: They're both just hip hop heads, like heavy hip hop, bolt of them. Yeah, and both of them legends.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah, gotta drink almost you know you too, man, you gotta drink I don't know, but you got to cool out too, like you gotta cool out this ship right here is a question.
Speaker 2: They sucked it up and got your good No, yeah, we're not good.
Speaker 3: Man, oh man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, way point is ill, but I'm gonna give it to him to method man. Okay, kick a pri or DJ red Alert, Yeah, but they they do different things.
Speaker 2: Kick a pre is like that's the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's whatever, it's whatever your category, whatever whatever, you could.
Speaker 4: I guess say both, yes, both they both because they both impacted, hugely impacted, usually because that mixtape game was something insane.
Speaker 3: Doctor Drake or Puff Daddy, Well you stop, go ahead because it's Dre.
Speaker 2: You said, Yeah, Molly, Ma or large professor, but Molly Ma, he would be he's invented sampling.
Speaker 4: You got to give it. There's nothing to say about that. You're still going.
Speaker 3: You got only a couple more, a couple more your own TV raps or video music box?
Speaker 2: Rough me, Daniels, I like that kiss or fabulous?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 2: Why did he say?
Speaker 4: He wrote it in Spanish sweak fluent speak fluent, mister Lee. They knew that you was not represented. They put that in there.
Speaker 1: You put that.
Speaker 4: Have him say it because he because he's gonna say nothing, have him saying, yeah, wow, fab turned out to be dangerous. He did yeah, man, kiss was always dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know you gotta you gotta sick.
Speaker 4: You know why? Because again, because fab turned out to be something dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't have to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it, Sonny, New Jack City or King of New York if a nickel baggers throw in the park.
Speaker 3: M Frank White, but you know brown, you know Brown brung thus skin niggas back to life?
Speaker 2: What was Homegirl?
Speaker 1: Rock saved me?
Speaker 4: That was the New Jack City? Yes, but even though King of New York was fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: The what's my man name and Chris. He was Wessey Snipes. Wessey Snipes did such a good job that when I met him in real life I was still scared of him.
Speaker 1: And Bro, he was a cop.
Speaker 2: He did such a good job.
Speaker 1: I knew he wouldn't have Copper.
Speaker 2: This is the first time he's him as a cop.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fact. That's the fact.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is my first time encountering I see course of that role. I wasn't him, but when I you were scared him as yeah West, I saw Nino.
Speaker 4: Yeah look at your funky black ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Chris, you picked blue Jack City. This is the last one that we could get back to the interview. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 4: I got to go on with was it was?
Speaker 3: It was it.
Speaker 4: Holy Ship?
Speaker 2: Who would you have up here?
Speaker 3: Snoop no said love.
Speaker 4: I know, yes, Snoop Stead though too, but also I think it was bleak Memphis.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a different take. I think they kind of they kind of you need both of them. I think both is the most logical answer.
Speaker 4: Both.
Speaker 3: It's the only question that we've both people.
Speaker 1: Come in with one and they going with this crazy dire tribe.
Speaker 4: So respect and loyalty right, yes, me, respect might be a little bit more bigger though, because the reason why is like the loyal is dead too. But I feel like you if you don't got to respect, you can't get that. You don't want both, you do, but respect is a big one. So you rather that than both. That's the thing I'm going to respect because the nigga ca you catch because that's goes a long way because I can see what's what's happening. Loyal for me is not how I'm still here. Respect is how I'm still here. Niggas respect me. So this is why I'm saying that to the loyalty, I don't really have to be lord and nobody like that. You know that I know about it. Be like yo, damn you niggasayer a nigga no but respect. No to respect got me where I'm at.
Speaker 3: So you're going respect, yes, But let me just I'm explaining.
Speaker 4: The way niggas didn't play it that way. Like respect you can't buy it. Your niggas can't get it. If you respect is it's always earned, exactly always.
Speaker 1: But let me just chatting on you. You not only have respect, you have love.
Speaker 3: That's the beautiful thing about you, like you don't just have features because people, you know, are looking to get a check or looking to know.
Speaker 2: People respect you.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. That's that's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: It respect is you.
Speaker 2: But love is loyal too.
Speaker 3: Loved though right and to me love, love is loyalty and.
Speaker 2: Love is Lord.
Speaker 4: You're putting three together, you gotta. I'm trying to choose love the Lord to you? Have you said loyalty and respect? The love is something different.
Speaker 1: You can't just add the love is loyalty in my add another word.
Speaker 3: I know he said loyalty, and say.
Speaker 4: Love, loyalty and respect. Love he's added another word. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: I think love loyalty is the same, not not really, not really someone can love you. Take a shot for that anyway.
Speaker 4: For me getting it wrong, You trying to add something into the new contest.
Speaker 1: This is love you I do you dirty? That's facts exactly. We don't want you to say ship just playing. You've been drinking from you deserve. Ain't no camera on you or not. I ain't got no love for you. Bad bad Huh.
Speaker 2: Everyone's road is your you know this nigga drunk some people might go on a dirt road.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait, you.
Speaker 3: Know your role.
Speaker 1: Everybody started off with loyalty.
Speaker 2: Because you're still here too.
Speaker 4: Respect And that's why I'm saying that exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what you takes.
Speaker 7: I just told you you did not understand what inspect comes first. He said like this, He said, like broad you come back to me.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you something, Eric Sherman.
Speaker 2: It's just about giving people.
Speaker 3: They flowers where they could smell them, they thought where they could tell it.
Speaker 2: We didn't get it.
Speaker 3: They drink, get drinking, they thoughts when they could think of them. And we need to give you your flying away.
Speaker 1: We need to get you up. We wound up doing this back then when the first time he came up. The first time was hold on, let me say so.
Speaker 4: Let me say so, y'all mad bows that was empty on. We drank them because there was twenty sixteen though, y'all in the hotel with a bootleg and the whole type of ship.
Speaker 2: It was different times. Man, Well, listen.
Speaker 3: Ya dance.
Speaker 2: We will figured that out. We figured it out exactly, said this is right here is yeah, nope.
Speaker 1: This is figuring it out. So so let me just say something. They're real would this be if it wasn't an E P M D.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't be a component oriega, It wouldn't be a component in oreega.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be a drink. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: So did you watch the the fucking Ship with with with Mark Wilbourne talking in the addition say it won't be a Backstreet Boys or in sync. You got to say, it's the truth. It's the truth, the evolution.
Speaker 3: And we all got to the two men, to the two man groups, from Smith and Wesson, to mob Deep to m O P to.
Speaker 1: All of us. We all owe it to y'all.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that that two men.
Speaker 2: And I know I always say this word wrong.
Speaker 1: Camarerie.
Speaker 2: That's the Spanish coming out of me.
Speaker 1: Camarerie, camaraderie. You know what I mean? The Commodore's you motherfucker's invented that.
Speaker 4: Well, we robbed run DMC for it for it.
Speaker 1: See the three people though, still so why y'all say that?
Speaker 2: I understand that though, but too, but it's still two rappers.
Speaker 4: They had a d J too, Yeah, but no, no, no jams J is the two rappers back and forth. We listen when you look at the E P M D logo. Oh LEO, did that? Russell said, did this? Russell? I said, E P D was E P E E M D E E is long. Russell was like, do it this way.
Speaker 2: I said, Russell, you can't take your because the.
Speaker 4: Red. You can't take run DMC's logo because all it is is just chopped up line. Run DMC is.
Speaker 3: Well, y'all had the same motherfucking logo.
Speaker 1: Look at it now. I never.
Speaker 4: And we told Russell. He said, don't take care, don'torry about that. I take care of that.
Speaker 2: Secret.
Speaker 4: You look right at it.
Speaker 2: Not a secret, not a secret.
Speaker 1: But if you didn't know, you didn't know.
Speaker 2: I know, I didn't know today. I mean I just thought the death cham we.
Speaker 4: Had different colors, and then they had the nerve to put the red.
Speaker 2: And the white like them on.
Speaker 3: This one because these were the color right right, and god damn it, it worked. And because of that from if you're going to give it to run to you.
Speaker 4: Guys that you guys, well the style, change rock him, change the style. Then our new style came in. So that's when we started doing the gun talking. So that's where again the mob's coming. Mattha let me get a plug real quick, because I called you though to you you he was busy. I don't say that your why on the projects not called okay two man's right. So when you're bringing that up and you said less dynamic duels, right, you.
Speaker 2: Did the whole album. Capon't even called me for that.
Speaker 4: Dynamic duels is something that I did because the way y'all did drink champs like okay, well, which I heard the story I off is true that y'all did the because to interview people like us.
Speaker 2: So when COVID was going on, even.
Speaker 4: Though they had the idea before, I was like, you know what, I got to do this for hip hop and for these for my colleagues who feel they can't make records no more. Who told you to stop making records? Like how you doing this? I'm like, fuck all that. So I called the people you know, DM them. I mean I ain't really called nobody, but I d M them and I made records on them. So when I have Run came to the studios, but the Run DMC dynamic because they wasn't making no ship. Both of them was this adamant it ain't happening. So then I made I called storm Pepper because I didn't have no girls. So that's why the sworn Pepper's on the now though two. But on the album who you Have Pepper mab D from Heaven No, probably I got vocals. I got you got vocals, okay, Hell the Skelter he got vocals. Dog Pound okay, m O p mm hmm brdan F not cnn E P M D bum B and U g K. But you can't say you gotta say bumb petureman pimp c Okay, you have to say it leally. You can't say U g K that some iss like some in the medical So that's some ship, okay, right, Snoop Dogg and Nate Dog okay. And Biggie Smalls and Biggie Biggie Smells and Biggie Yes. And when you hear yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: What is Biggs and Biggie.
Speaker 1: Early, Biggie Smalls is in notorious.
Speaker 4: All of it is early, but it's not something that was like vaguely familiar. And the way that I did it, it's fucked up because a I came out right, so people ain't gonna look at me and be like yo, nah, Eric, but no, it's me This is how I made it if I the biggest small than Tupac was together. This is how we hit them together rocking. So I was doing my ship to make it seem like they was together. How I said with me and Marvin was like I was answering back and forth with him like he was with me. I made a song like that too, to make it seem like those two were together.
Speaker 2: Which two.
Speaker 4: The biggest moll in PC. You didn't say that, he said, big? Oh yeah I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know there was that guy that suited him. That's why he changed biggie small. That's what you meant.
Speaker 4: Yo, I said, biggest, small than bigger. You're looking at my confusion. I said, I'm like, no, that's all, and you got clearance. Well, I guess Puppy cleared his quicker. The two pacing stage is kind of again. They're taking a long time, but nobody said no so to me to let go.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody's gonna tell you no. You know, I think that's you're one of those let me get your flowers. Please don't cut me off because you don't guess to be coming. He deserves to. No, no, no, no, it's cool. You are one of those people that no one can actually say no no.
Speaker 4: It says that all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 3: You you, your genuineness, your humbleness and your realness and his legacy. I'm not even the legacy is like number seven, but the realness and how you you you are as a person. I don't think there's anybody on this earth. There's certain people who have that you. I see it. In fact, Joe I can't tell Fat Joe no, and I can't tell DJ Collin no, even though I be knowing it's wrong, I'd be like, damn, I don't know Colin asked me to do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the I do it?
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know why where like?
Speaker 1: But but it's real.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy because now realness ship, it's the.
Speaker 3: Realness who you are. It's the humbleness and like you just all said, the legacy. You're a super super legend. You're an icon. And I don't think there's anybody on this planet that, if you call yourself, is going to say no to you.
Speaker 4: Why you say that, because now he gonna look like he's a fucking genius.
Speaker 2: He is a genius. You're honest with you, man.
Speaker 4: But how do you know that that's not something that you wouldn't I can see him saying, but you're saying that too.
Speaker 2: I don't listen, man, I don't know no other ways. You're never going to see that in yourself.
Speaker 4: That's right about that. And my mother used to be so upset, like, yo, what's wrong with you? Because I'd be like, I guess what I saw last night? He was like, so, like, you know again, but this is just me. I just I know that the humblest I'm humble to a fault. So that's why I mean, like, I really can't say it's the position that I'm in. I never was able to even though I got the status, I never was able to get to you know that part.
Speaker 1: But it's the long game, and you are reaching that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe the people that you at one point saw.
Speaker 2: That part, they're not here anymore.
Speaker 4: And that's the part that's that's that I'm gonna go on that as far as still being here after thirty six years, to be able to still be.
Speaker 2: And then to be able to say, okay, you know what a I went.
Speaker 4: To a party doing the Grammys, and I went to the warning party because I'm on Warner right and I walked in there. I was feign because it was all young people and I'm the old head in there, you know. But I'm like, I'm here with a project getting ready to come out in them like three hundred with all that shit they got over there, and and I'm over there getting ready to come out. So it kind of bugged me out a little bit that how the fuck I'm doing this this long and still be able to And then like like I gotta I got announcement. I can't make it right now though too. But about the about the shock the world because because because my label is going to be with somebody who did this before, and we are getting ready to make another impact. You know, as far as this, somebody's missing the boat with talent. When we signed Nori, we knew he had ten years. We're not signing that. Now we signing what's popular. So now you see why the music business is not doing so well. Seeing why you see the mirage of what you think is doing well. Nobody's signing no talent. And I'm not saying that these everybody that's out it's not talented, but the talented people that don't have to worry about you. Was there, no you hosted this ship. Leo was like, fuck the algorithm, f the fucking likes. You come in front of me with this bullshit, smeaging shit, all this ship, It don't matter. He told every major person in there, sign some fucking talent. All right, he did so, So this is where we're at at this particular moment. Can you rap nigga save says some bars? Okay, now rhyme regular but not behind that record? Okay?
Speaker 2: Can you sing sing regular? Sing sing now?
Speaker 1: A lovedes in the computer as far as talented people, and that's what somebody just said that the major label killed.
Speaker 2: The superstar damn used to be the radio kill.
Speaker 4: So we don't have that. So where is the fifty? Where's the where's fucking all these people that you see that came out every five years? That was youmongous? Where where's them? Where's the snoop?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 4: Where are they? We got the same people circling like.
Speaker 2: This and they're there though.
Speaker 1: There's droves of talent, but nobody, nobody doing that.
Speaker 4: That's what Leo was saying. He told the people know they said, he said, sign some fucking talent and for the only labels. He said, Look at hip hop did made on y'all motherfucking millionaires. Leo was wild on that day. Oh y'all sitting down there. Hip hop did this for y'all very well. So that's what I'm saying. I got that part. Damn, I forgot that far. Yeah, you were talking about that ship because because the only way he don't call him don't fuck with him.
Speaker 1: That dame.
Speaker 3: Me because I was like branking the crowd and ship. Jay didn't want to be pranked, and I did not break him either, but they told him to do it.
Speaker 1: Break everyone around.
Speaker 4: Him, but not that table was crazy though, Swiss Beads, Jermaine Duprex, Jay and and Puppy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was wrong.
Speaker 2: Are you following what's happening with Wendy Williams?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I watched it.
Speaker 2: You know what, what the what are they putting cameras in her face?
Speaker 8: She did a series, No nor that ship was supposed to be her reintroduction, like she was saying about coming back to TV, and then it went left.
Speaker 1: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: And then in that natural thing that.
Speaker 4: Was there right, well, she wasn't suposed to shoot that right, but somebody signed, shouldn't I think that to me, like that dude that was talking, I think that they got paid. Wow, you know because again she wasn't supposed to be seen. That wasn't supposed to be seen.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's karma coming back because annoy wanted to be aggressive?
Speaker 4: I'm asking, like you think so because that question you already answered that that's what that's what everybody else is saying that too, too, like but people do it, you know. But again, when you had that magnitude and that all that, what are you doing? Oh for you to take home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Real, and that ship has because I didn't I didn't think when these people would let that go down.
Speaker 1: Who's the people's I don't know, but I'm just them that that was people.
Speaker 4: That know, not not the family fam. You're right, You're right, nobody.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that.
Speaker 4: That's why you got to be like, yo, who benefited? And you said, I think it's like the manager and that guy that was you know, to me, did they kept showing them?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You said the karma karma is the motherfucker though, man.
Speaker 3: I mean because he made a living putting people in the vulnerable positions, and now it's like she's going out at that same vulnerable visit position that she tried to like put.
Speaker 2: Everyone else on.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm just I'm just curious, because I mean, she's the queen of black media.
Speaker 4: That's one thing you can't take from it. After Oprah Rumphrey, that was it was her. I didn't know how big she wasn't even that all those years she was on Like, I'm like, god, damn, she was that crazy.
Speaker 3: She was big like that, Like I remember at one point I wish she dissed me like sweater, yeah, because it was like you you like got somewhere if she had beef with.
Speaker 4: You, like and if you see, what does this say about somebody not saying your name recently?
Speaker 2: Of Tupac, I always wish, yes.
Speaker 1: I wanted to want to be kind of did this you, but he just didn't say your name when he did see it.
Speaker 3: When he did mob Deep, he said, and those other motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, okay, remember.
Speaker 1: What you.
Speaker 2: He was talking about? Because because I was, I never even peeked that when he said the motherucker.
Speaker 4: I gotta go back to out.
Speaker 1: Because it never came out of fish.
Speaker 2: It was those those mixtapes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was that was hilarious.
Speaker 4: He said, I wish he said my name.
Speaker 2: I would have been ill. I would have been.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, Tyler said this and a funny way to us on our show, and he said, even when Kanye West diss you, he picked you up because if he diss you, it's like you have a new single out, everyone wants.
Speaker 1: To talk to you. And I, oh, no, that, Like, what what did I thought about it? He was like, I got fifteen interviews over the drink chat and I was just like.
Speaker 4: What, You're right, but the certain way say it like that the two parts you write about that because if your name, that means everybody heard it. Anybody who's normy.
Speaker 1: Right, remember Tino Excel, like who was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I remember everyone inquiring about Gino Excel because Tupac disst them, and Tupac was like show and you know it's like Xcel fuck you too, who fucks you know ourselves? And everybody went and I don't know if she and Xcel nigga for a week and I love but I remember people who didn't know about hip hop was like Google was at that time, it wasn't Google back then.
Speaker 1: Whatever Google wasn't the time.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, but it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Always end that well, so we got to be honest about that point. It doesn't always. Yes, it's true.
Speaker 4: In sidebar, I got the runs. You know what I was. I was shipping from six o'clock to like eight thirty. Seriously, this is crazy, and I got the bummer gus now all another I got to b g and I don't know what what part that would get up because you went up whatever, I know, but my other ship is coming here trying to put it on me was like, you gotta take.
Speaker 2: I was just letting I know this avoided because.
Speaker 1: You want to.
Speaker 4: K got a great victice like, no, I get it. I'm not scared to do that shop in public. I'm not saying the bag that I was since six thirty and I figured that, you know what, damn, I get to drink Champs and Champs. What happened was that I hate some watermelon and because if you eat something else is come and you gotta be careful. You got to be careful with.
Speaker 2: That before you go to the back of Actally, just one question.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to go right now.
Speaker 3: But business.
Speaker 2: I got to say a second too. It could be.
Speaker 3: We don't want to record hostile. There's always been that part. He's I got a right to be hostile, right, Who the fuck was that?
Speaker 4: That's from the public Enemy album at play? But somebody from that that's on that lawn. No, that's from the public Y albums right when it comes on from from Taking Taking? What's that?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 4: It's not without a pause. It's one of them records before that. I got it from there, not mar Lauren. No, not Flavor you know Flavors boys, you would I thought it could have been could have been Grie right, yeah, I wasn't fall Who was.
Speaker 1: Who was your biggest influence in hip hop before you.
Speaker 3: Got on run?
Speaker 2: And then the number one number.
Speaker 4: One and the niggas and the niggas around the way, like from the Nigga on the way, Yeah, some dude named Burgermeister and some dude named Amazing these guys. Was was the one that was in the neighborhood. But this kid named Frankie.
Speaker 2: It was done Ellen. I remember these.
Speaker 4: People, man, like when when I'm coming back with my names, these guys.
Speaker 2: Was somebody's special, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: One c.
Speaker 4: H my boy Patrick, Like, this is where I was able to get my ship from from the neighborhood. First, before Rappers of Light came out, like he writes the music right, rappers like came out and turned my whole ship around.
Speaker 2: But before that, it was these niggas, you know, just around the way to fit right.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think hip hop and make it this far? I know it's a cliche.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sound like the record. Listen, all I want to do is go on the radio, so nothing else really matter. Nobody don't think about that. That's crazy a song called crossover.
Speaker 2: No, this is before that.
Speaker 4: When you first start, you don't care about the That's why seventh thing didn't matter. I got some feet that I went to Marshalls and went to King Collen. I got groceries from my moms and went to Marshals.
Speaker 2: And you can get your best gear at Marshall's. See that's that's Queen's.
Speaker 4: You know. Nig tried to get me your left back mall.
Speaker 2: Oh queens and them all, Yeah, what happened, yo?
Speaker 4: Niggas tried to get me. I went to go see this this chick. They try to rob you and She's like, Yo, you gotta leave them all. I said, what say, niggas gonna be just trying to get you.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's why queens like that, like not like that, na far as me. Like when I was when I was doing my rounds, it was mostly Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx. But since that shit happened to me, nigga tried to get me going back there.
Speaker 2: Jesus Man left Racklet's make.
Speaker 4: Because crazy because when you get off right from the l A, you go down there whatever whatever, and I'm like, the girls said you got to get out of here. I'm like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Did they come to get you?
Speaker 3: The malls gentified now? Yeah, the malls gentified now yeah, it wasn't. Just So, what is your favorite part of the game? Is it making the record or performing the record? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like is it you you put in the studio? Like making the songs is better?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like I said, for I I enjoy hearing what this record sounds like when when I'm producing an artist. So you know, making those Redman records is fun. Making Meth records was fun. Making Keep Merry Records fun making EPM D Ship was fun though, too, But they don't forget I you know, I don't. Did you know the jay Z's the fucking the scarfaces, you know, having four three two one and having these type of stuff, you know, these records that's out there was fun.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Doing R and B was fun. You know, I did much R and B and I did hip hop music. But don't you know, you don't people don't see me and be like, oh, yeah, I did the Angelo, I did Chicle, the Barge, I did these people. You know, you look at all these groups that people it's like, wa have to say, google me. But at the end of the day, it's like you could say that you did this, but like like know you're saying, I can't say it a nigga. You ain't me, right, Like the niggas ain't me this. Niggas ain't do what I did now not what I did. But again there's nobody. I don't bark, so there's no vocals, no vocals to be able to say, yo. You know, I'm like the underrated nigga, but not the underrated nigga, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But when it comes down to me doing rap, music, but doing R and B two right because they had the opportunities of groups that came to me for your your era of producing R and B. I'm talking about the ones, the groups that I would have had that you could have been behind one hundred percent. Ray Korn, I could have had that. I could have had the Wu Tang clan. What wait, wait, wait, go back, I could have had game. You're going too fast, way too fast. Go back to Ray What do you mean you could have had? Could have had on They showed the show he's this all this stuff and that this is all documented forget. But again, had his father had a church, you should be sitting here, bro.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 4: As far as he drunk without drinking, he had a church of Staaten Allen. But now it took me to an apartment in park Hill and the Wu Tang clan before day was Wu Tang clan was out there. I got a picture that's going over that we can't find me on my eye rock with all them in the on the irack and me before the Wu Tang Clan. Now I take a walk to Ray Korn steps of his apartment. His name was Sha Lah at the time. Whatever he sit down there. He tells them the interview I almost signed with Eric.
Speaker 2: Oh, so before Wu Tang launches, yes this, they ain't even know they know Wu Tang clan.
Speaker 4: Yes eighty nine.
Speaker 1: So this is your same thing with Biggie. Biggie's around you. You don't know Ray none.
Speaker 4: Ludicris the game, all of them fifty You saw Coury when he tells that niggas coming fifty centers like how to rob is out whatever, such and such and now he got to figure out what to do with him. And he knocked on my door because he looked next door to me, and he says, Yo, Eric, and you know need to take care of this for me. You gotta take care of him. That's why I did. You don't do it like we do. You on the goddamn record, God damn.
Speaker 2: This this soilber drunk. Eric Sermon's out of control.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, does that make you paranoid?
Speaker 4: Niggas out like we do? Next thing? You know, he gets shot, But.
Speaker 1: Does that make you paranoid that any artists you come across might be the next one but you're not seeing it.
Speaker 4: I turned down nas, I turned down the Fujis. I turned down. Fucking this this Olban's artists.
Speaker 2: Don't turn down. Looks sunny, he's about to give you a demo.
Speaker 1: Turn down.
Speaker 2: Look he's got the jewels.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: I got his next.
Speaker 4: It's a part to where like some parts of mistakes I made in my life, the mistakes I wish I would have been able to to know that, to hear what Nas was saying, because again, that was the Illmatic album and I had.
Speaker 1: No idea prior to him doing So okay, wait, what what part of NAS do you meet him?
Speaker 6: Is it like?
Speaker 4: This is this is producing ill madic, I'm coming for you to be a producer, right and you just didn't I did, But I did. I did see less records. I wasn't paying attention to him, like, oh you didn't give them you all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: And after he left me, but no, I took him to Pete Rock at least his job, Yo. I did. I did records with him, like like three songs, you know, So you were just being what argant at the time, It wasn't that, don't because I had my own artists, right, and my head squad's already happening at that time.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I don't. I can't hear what queens.
Speaker 4: I'm from Long Island, so I don't know about Queen's Bridge and the type of struggle when the whole that shit my niggas obvious about get bound and you know, then uh yes, bump, and then Reggie got as bitch, and then Murray's over here, like you know, so all this is too much.
Speaker 1: Right right now, we're all looking in retrospects, so it's easy to say that now.
Speaker 2: But I get it now.
Speaker 1: In that landscape, you had the top tier artist already. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: If I would like if I if he had this, the same type of stuff that you.
Speaker 1: Know, he turned out. I heard that he said he gave He gave me seedless beats.
Speaker 2: He said, hey, you can just throw away.
Speaker 3: He didn't believe.
Speaker 2: He just he just rhymed on what I gave him.
Speaker 4: But I knew it. It wasn't strong. He didn't give him his best, Yeah, because I didn't understand it. But the coolest nigga in the planet, Oh my god, we again, it was so long ago. I don't even know if he if he would remember how the sessions went, but again, whatever, he just he rocked on what I gave him.
Speaker 1: But you weren't ad the sessions, were you what you weren't being a dick in the session. No, hell no, you just to give him your best. I just wasn't pay attient.
Speaker 4: I didn't like do the natural thing that you do in the studio where you're making records and you like it happened like that.
Speaker 1: It was lost pro, it was you. It was you was lost pro.
Speaker 3: He took him to Rock after him, he took him to pe Rock.
Speaker 4: I love this story and then then again again but no, I mean the Foojie is.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you're like Jersey, I don't know about Jersey's.
Speaker 3: No, this this wasn't right because it was Haitians with Jamaica accents.
Speaker 4: No, if it wasn't, If it wasn't for I think Salon Remy bro that changed the game.
Speaker 1: If I would have had but that REMI no, no, no, that was boom back.
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 4: How many mics? Right? How many mics?
Speaker 2: How many many man that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? That whatever that remix was, it changed the game for DJ Buddy, It changed everybody's.
Speaker 2: Because again, in the beginning of it wasn't Wow, Oh so you had Salon do it?
Speaker 6: What k.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah he did just so sorry, Yeah that's here he's he's right here in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, there.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: But my boy brought me game to the to the to the Fox Hills.
Speaker 3: Mall, and and and in l A. You shopping in fox Hills Mall.
Speaker 1: That's the hood mall?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, he was in New York.
Speaker 1: Is coming.
Speaker 4: I stopped, all right, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, that's your next sortist. Remember, don't don't skip out. You're gonna regret that. You regret this guy. So he comes, he comes in right. I talked to him.
Speaker 4: I said, yo, spinning sixteen real quick. He didn't know what the sixteen ball was game? Right, So when he told the story, he says that I was gonna sound with Eric, but he wasn't ready, so I sound with fifth.
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 2: He spit to sixteen? He didn't do it?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 4: I know, he spent Ryan, but he didn't know.
Speaker 2: What You didn't see the talent?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah he was. The game was a game, So that was your game. That was the game changing for you. That he didn't know the sixteen No, I just didn't. I just wasn't like I said, poor. I just told you, man, I'm already doing me.
Speaker 2: You just was not into it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that I'm already doing like I'm out there, you're stretched in. No, just the fact that my mine's not. I'm already like you said, be poor, not that niggas wasn't ill. I just wasn't. I was doing some other ship. My mom was someplace else.
Speaker 8: Us.
Speaker 1: It had to be.
Speaker 4: The mississ the Missus Murray, the Missus Keith Murray.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for it, come back, sir.
Speaker 4: When we come back Murray at the end, at the end of the day, at the end of.
Speaker 2: The day too.
Speaker 4: And then when that nigga came, it was really a problem because again it was like, holy ship, who are you? Because don't forget I heard one line on Keith Murray. I heard one line on Red Man put them on stage that night. Don't forget. If niggas don't know about New New Jersey and Cluss Sensations.
Speaker 1: That's how you discover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to go do a show at Cosensations E. P and D and New York Brick City. A nine ninety smells like a lot of crack. No, but it was wall to wall, but they will rob you. Yeah, but again the respect lever coming part come in. So Reggie is brought in by do it All from those of undergrounds. He's not those underground yet, so do it All rhymes and he says, yo, my man rap, And then Reggie was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's not the mayor now right, do it all? Yeah? Yeah, he's the mayor now, not the mayor, he's an a councilman. I feel like that's the mayor.
Speaker 4: No, So Reggie said the rhyme like I felt like a butterfly stinging like the rock group. So he already had me because you're going to say like a be he didn't say that metaphor. So I put them on stage that night, didn't even know. I'm just freshly like whatever. It's like like, yo, what's Reggily doing? What's workman doing on the stage? But how you up there? But I already knew from the door that I was going to fuck with him because of the rhyme. Same thing with Keith Murray. I heard one line. He just says, let's squash the beef, cook it and we all can get fat. So now in my head, all I'm seeing is a hamburger inside of the firing passion.
Speaker 1: Raising the.
Speaker 2: To a hamburger.
Speaker 4: Let's squash the beef cooked, we all can get fat. Now, who the fuck is metaphorm like that? So again right, it's too far at fetched. So I knew what it was, you know, I knew from the door what it was. And I never you ever get demos or you play somebody who's somebody around for you and you hear about a couple of bars, and you know off the bat like yo, no he's not ill you know that they ain't gotta pay you off. But they put you the whole record because you gotta listen to it.
Speaker 3: Play the whole record, not with them, not with Red and Keep and dost Effects. We didn't get into dostap facts too much. Let's talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, we met them at a at their school at a rap contest Brooklyn. No, Virginia.
Speaker 3: Dost Effect is not from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: You know, they went to college.
Speaker 1: That's the childhood Brooklyn from bookly one from Jersey.
Speaker 2: But they met in college.
Speaker 4: In college. They met in college and there was a rap contest and we let these other guys win because we knew that were going to fuck with them. Oh ship one hundred dollars. You let the other guys win. Yeah, okay, because we knew that they were going to eventually fuck with these guys, because the day was already to advance. Yes, wow, there was advanced that did that that. You see what happened? You know what I'm saying? Like, you know, they was they was ready, you know, for some reason, they were just ready, you know. And and Sylvia Romes. So Sylvias signed all those people that's different, you know, Buster Rhymes, Missy Elliott's Effects case Solo, like everybody that was different. Sylvia signed all those people who were just like different that people would be like, yeah, yeah she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah for Sylvia wrong. Yeah, woman, strong black women out there still getting it too, still getting it still hold on, let me get to my notes.
Speaker 2: So y'all discuss Keith Murray already? No, man?
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 4: What? What is it?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I want to just talk about just how you just talking about do effects the meeting Keith Murray because he was post uh his squad.
Speaker 2: He wasn't in his squad. No, he wasn't death squad, right, So what was that?
Speaker 1: How did that beg?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean of course it was like in the beginning, nobody wanted to listen. Nobody wanted to sign Dos Effects again, but no, I went out there and that's why nobody wanted to sign them because nobody definitely didn't like him deaf like red Man either.
Speaker 1: That's crazy man.
Speaker 2: He's like a death jam child.
Speaker 4: And then Leo called in like then like Keith Murray. So that's why Keith Murray was no on death sham job.
Speaker 1: He was on job y.
Speaker 4: But Russell was pissed because Russell didn't know that Leo had turned down Keith Murray.
Speaker 2: So they're not always right. Let's be honest, we've.
Speaker 1: Been I'm just saying you guys were.
Speaker 2: Saying how much how right there?
Speaker 1: They're not all.
Speaker 4: But when Keith Murray was in prison and it came home, they gave him two point eight million dollars job or.
Speaker 1: A death jam.
Speaker 3: I was on that, I was, I was on tour.
Speaker 2: I was on tour with Keith Murray.
Speaker 4: So I don't forget that. The can you imagine Jay? None of them got no no deal like that. Nobody made no he's got no deal like Murray got coming home from prison three years from prison two point seven million dollars at that time. Right, that's crazy, And they gave job the six hundred and Murray kept the rest. Wow the contract. Get him out of the Contray, I don't forget. So now you got fatty girl coming special delivery like this is this niggas you expect she's about to be He's back to back like this, Leil like, YO, give him that. So he ended up being that death jam later on two thousand and three. Later, but you know it happened. But in the beginning, Leo didn't tell Russell that he turned to start WOW.
Speaker 2: So suggests Keith, married, I got to you. You said you wanted to use You want him to come.
Speaker 3: I love to come on the show.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: But wait, but I understand your point of view.
Speaker 3: Keith seeing me at El's rock the balls right sitting outside, what the one that just passed two years ago?
Speaker 1: This is two years ago.
Speaker 3: This is like post pandemic. I see Keith. Keith sees me, say what's up? But I'm waiting for my people to come in. So I'm waiting for my people to come in, and security stop me and they say, yo, see what you because I'm waiting for my people. So I'm like no, because I'm my people is coming down. Keith must have took it like I was saying, no, he's not with me. I kind of didn't say it like that. And I'm gonna tell you why I was in queensed. If I was anywhere else in the world and if Keith needed to get in, I'm obligated to get a fellow rapper. And I'm obligated. But I know he's from Long Island. He's going right down the flot He's good. I was gonna come get him eventually. I was gonna come get an event. But I got these people that waited months to see me. I'm to wait it months to see me. So I did kind of pick my people over seeing where Keith was.
Speaker 4: It was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: Man, he's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: I want to dress it like a man. I want to dress it like a man because how he took it, how he took it could have been that way. It could have been because it was just a spirit moment like me, like I died him and that's not me. That's what this whole show is about. It's give him flowers. When I see a fellow legend, I want to salute a legend. But at the same time, I don't do shows no more. Eric, you said you don't leave the couch. I don't leave the motherfucking couch.
Speaker 4: You've come. He'll couch outside up.
Speaker 1: These places.
Speaker 3: Spot to be there. So when I'm there and I'm seeing a fellow person clear these restaurants, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear.
Speaker 5: We all know.
Speaker 3: We all know to a certain extent, Keith is a liability to a certain extent, I did not want to be responsible for the person that let Keith, and knowing that he has relationship.
Speaker 4: With l L.
Speaker 3: We're all here for l L, regardless of your check is involved or not, be a dire for l L. I didn't want to be the guy, the snick Keith marry Inn and he do some great He fought on the mic. We've seen him far on the mic and Big Face Gary Show. We see him standing in front of the the streets stopping cars. We seen him jump on top of a girl's back. It's all documented, guys, this is all on the internet. So I felt at that time I didn't want to be responsible. But did I just Keith? Hell no, that's not what I meant that was not my intention.
Speaker 1: That was not my intentions. But my intention was to protect myself though as well.
Speaker 2: I got you, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: So he went, so, this is why I was mad. This is the reason why I was mad.
Speaker 2: He told the story on Big Face Gary Show.
Speaker 1: I laughed at it. It was cool. I seen him with you after that. Do you know where we see each other?
Speaker 3: Once?
Speaker 4: I seen him.
Speaker 1: Be to you once, I I can't right to want to say, Keith, I said, I didn't mean it like that. He said, Yo, are we good? And he said we're good. He smiled at me, and we actually have it on foot of me, in front.
Speaker 3: Of the knock, in front of him because I didn't step to him.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like I was like, what you now. I was just like, yo, broderstand.
Speaker 3: Me red Man.
Speaker 2: We shook hands.
Speaker 3: We have it on tape. Then he goes on Willie d Show and he goes, I heard Nordy got five million dollars and he turned he's by the way, I don't know what this fucking rumor about, and he's like, yeah, so soon as Noory, you know, got money, he started changing on me and I'm like that I've never changed. There's one incident, is that rock the Bells you have records with LL.
Speaker 1: I think I feel like l L is obligated to get you in more than me, more than me. I'm here for our job.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh, I know the fact that this man, yeah, if you know, keep from every story and he never told that story. You know, like no parents, the way that his parents died, the where his sistant them died, oh bless the way that he had to help stuff down as a young eighteen year old kids on the block. Who funded who funded everybody? People? We had biggest, small than the hood people. We had noads in the hood like these people they fuck.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why you know he's loved so so like.
Speaker 4: Anybody else who has you know, something that's conflicted right again, this is the things you know. Things happened, and.
Speaker 3: It was two things. Let me just tell you what else. So as we see each other, I get my people in. Who was waiting for thirty minutes, I get them in. He was waiting for his time. But then we both go to the bathroom. We both come out in the bathroom and we were like, he's on one side of the bathroom and on the other side of the bathroom and we both come out to the bath.
Speaker 1: I don't like giving you know, five after the bathroom, it's just thing. Go to the stage.
Speaker 3: I go to the stage, I perform, and Keith says, and I have to address this part. He goes, he didn't. He didn't stay there when Tragedy performed. Well, I just want to explain something to because I gotta address him, because he addressed me twice. He did it on Big Face Gary Show and did it on Really Defus.
Speaker 1: What you Gotta do with me though, exactly exactly set your ass up. So so look, so this is I'm not I'm not negative at all though.
Speaker 3: So what happened was, he says, Yo, Normy got on stage and when Trag performed, he walked to the side.
Speaker 2: That's called taking a break.
Speaker 1: It's called getting the water break, and it's called that.
Speaker 3: This was my show. I was trying to let Trag shine.
Speaker 1: How could you take that in any other way?
Speaker 2: So I don't watch nobody good things in my class.
Speaker 4: When when I'm done my work, I'm funking out of there. And to just be like that too, because I used to be like, damn, why niggas going home because I didn't understand that when I was younger, Like niggas ain't watching my show. I don't give a funk who out there.
Speaker 3: So let me just finish just saying that the fuck home, keithver you the only reason why. And by the way he said that he turned us down. I don't ever remember that. I don't ever remember that. But let me just tell you something, Keith. The only reason why we didn't take that interview at that time was because of us seeing that footage and us being concerned. Yes, do we have other people that's on here out of control. We have, but we didn't know better and now we do.
Speaker 6: So the.
Speaker 2: One thing that I don't want to do is help.
Speaker 4: Ruin some a legends. But one thing that you you got to know though, too, is the fact that so Be hereward was right. Yep, fantastic, fantastic. The whole thing about it, too is the.
Speaker 1: Fact that once you but they say they good with around you.
Speaker 4: But still but still you have to you have to all this stuff that could put you in the situation. Yep, this is what you can, but it takes away from the show. It's called.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm still me, Yeah, conversations. Your conversation is still dope. So that's he's a fake Puerto Rican listening and I still find the way it don't.
Speaker 4: Matter without it. So again, the fact that I know the conversation would be and that's why I wanted to say, yeah, not like every every chance. Is the fact like when you when somebody's alone and you know, and they going down, and then.
Speaker 3: You know, like because between me and you, like big Face Gary told me I had a conversation with Big Face Gary, Big Face Gary. I was like, yo, did did he drink? And He's like yeah, and I'm like, wait a minute. So I didn't want that because I'm like, all right, cool, just like how you not drinking? We can still do that. But the last thing I want to do is he drink. Is someone laughing, he'd take a joke the wrong way and try to get physical, so something that's like, we don't need that.
Speaker 2: What we need is give you your flowers.
Speaker 4: But I think that the convo that he would give you would be fantastic. I think it's gonna happen at the end of the day too, which is like, listen to the memo I was on drugs for fifteen years. Right, I was doing purgocept for from two thousand and eight to twenty twenty two. All right, June second to be my second will be my two years of me being sober.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, congrats, congrats.
Speaker 3: I just made them money.
Speaker 4: I understand about that substance abuse.
Speaker 2: This is what somebody hass you know, serious and to.
Speaker 4: Anybody that's just They taught me this in the in the rehab, I can tell f Intwo he blew in the face to go get help. It ain't gonna matter. You're so intervendens right before with people. You gotta be ready. Everybody needs to start with like, go and talk to each other. And who's talking to him, It doesn't matter. The individual itself passed the change. I had to say two to myself. I got to go inside, even though I let all that time go by to where at the end, I'm taking these thirties that are mixed with fetnol. So when I go in there and take my piss tests, they said, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Do fetnol too, don't you. I'm like, I don't do fetanol.
Speaker 4: So that means that the fetnah and the press pills I was getting because again the street is provided me. Now, now the doctors, I'm on the street getting pills. Of course, you know, people, I never went back to them. You know, you can't go back and they ain't gonna be giving you pills. You gotta go to the street. But again, the nigga who I was dealing with, I didn't know that he was dirty. But again, if I'm spending eight thousand dollars a month, of course he don't give a fucking If the pills is fucked up, I'm gonna go with the value of them eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Look at this face looking like, I will hold your custoiner.
Speaker 4: So so of course, people who I thought that was my friend's damn, I could have died. But towards the end, I kept throwing up. So every time I would pop, I would throw up.
Speaker 2: You get rid of the talks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it wasn't happening until that time. Wow, So whatever happened, that guard was like, hey know what, Hey, all right, I'm gonna keep saving you, but the next time you might not make it.
Speaker 2: So I went to rehab, went upstate, stayed there.
Speaker 4: Mad. People talked the whole nine because the most part is that I was worried about the withdrawal part. So the withdraw part make years go by it because is technically heroin, right, it's the synthetic heroin. The heroin is what you're addicted to. So at the end of the day, people that was in there, it was one dude named Smiley. He had tracks all on this arm up and he did tell him to put a shirt on because he again you could see everything he was. His whole arms was filled.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: People that was doing fetanal to regularly. Crack was still heavy in there, you know, and people was there because.
Speaker 2: What you mean people were doing fitting all No, no.
Speaker 4: No, that's about fault, is that. Yeah, when you hit that story, yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah right because the hospital uses it, so it's fitting on something that. Yeah, but it don't have to be the bad ship, the bad and killing people. But they still use it in the hospital, of the street, the streets ships this bad so but but again this stuff again, you can go to heroin because once you can't afford the bill, you shoot, don't forget. You have to have money. So it was never gonna stop for me. That's the flex a little bit around. So if you got the bread you're gonna always be doing it. But the sad part of the fact that magic fin that money towards the end unit getting high. So for the last two years I'm doing it so I won't get with durls. So that's the part that's fucked up. So when people see when your talents comes now, Luckily, if I would have said, fuck it, I need to get that feeling and then I would have started shooting, that's the next step.
Speaker 2: That's what people go to.
Speaker 4: They go to the needle, you know, because the heroin part whatever ain't doing it for you no more. So that's what the whole part was with me. I'm like so like when you talk like when I did that, Timmelin left a big paragraph under my ship like Eric, he right, these are niggas. That was uses him meek fucking the bow, wows the waynes all these niggas sudden study they call it lean, but hydro code on is this liquid form of heroin exactly. So all this opio that was at that time, you know me, it came from the doctor I had back surgery. He gave me one hundred and twenty pills. It stands this tall inside of the and a thing with one twenty so after while you take the one, you take the two, and now your back pain is gone. And then you're like, then that shit feel good. The next you know, the next time you look up at twenty two days, all that the whole bottle is gone.
Speaker 3: You're addicted.
Speaker 4: It takes seven days for addiction.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what's the crazy shit? I really appreciate you sharing that story because most people have never seen that version of you, Like, no, you got to be outsider.
Speaker 4: Look, you got to you got to be put together, you got to be not in and leading, and you got to have no money. She's the part you got to show. I'm still gonna raise my son, so I'm still taking them to school, watching them, feeding them the whole none cooking whatever, taking them to practice. The whole ship is the function and crackhead, right wow, right, what that is? The real street, the whole night is still doing them. The only time you don't do it is because you don't have any bread, and so now you're falling off.
Speaker 1: And then you got to go to the street and that and you're looking like you're looking the part.
Speaker 4: So you're doing it. But if you got this ship going you straight. Yeah, So I'm not gonna give that off and then whatever, I can't let you see me like that. So the kids didn't even understand. They were shocked as too. When I'm in read, they don't know that you can't you can't physically see that person, you know, unless they sucked up.
Speaker 3: And that's that's that's what makes it very very unique about you. Is I forget who I told today. I was like and I was like, I'm mad excited to interview told but no Eric Sherman, right, I was like, I'm mad exciting, right.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 2: You told me and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like a mad man because I was just like just hype.
Speaker 3: You know, even though you're my friend, I can say to you my friend, but I'm still like, it doesn't take away from me being your fan. It can't, it can't, And I'm mad excited it And I never that question would have never came up, like because I never I always seen you put together. I've never seen you out of line. Now people say that about d m X to me, right, say that I never seen DMX. How Ever, because they say that when d m A you, they said that I never they said no, I said, because when he actually got high, he stayed inside. So you were seeing him on on alcohol, you seeing him on the.
Speaker 1: So so that was shocking to me.
Speaker 3: But with you, that's kind of like the total opposite because I've kind of never seen you slipping like I kind of always seen you put together for every time. And that's one thing I said that somebody asked me, and I was like, I like, you know, I since silly love Eric Sherman as a person, not only his music and not only you know, if it was for ep M D with me a CNN. But you've always been the same. So you you got an excellent version.
Speaker 1: Of hot than that you have ecstasy at he was the dealer. I can see.
Speaker 4: It's the.
Speaker 1: It's a deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, yes now that you for you?
Speaker 2: You get I mean I never got. Just help let me get you.
Speaker 4: I tell you the ecstasy story.
Speaker 1: We want to get into it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: The Century Club in l A. Right, that sounds like a place for ecstasy.
Speaker 4: So now I don't know nothing about this. It's me dre exhibit A few other people get mad, go out right.
Speaker 3: It's a girl who introduced it to you know, doctor Dre did. Doctor Dre is the first person who gave you ecstasy. Let's talk some noise about the Dre.
Speaker 2: I don't make it do. I could have died, so the cronic.
Speaker 4: Crazy because again I don't even know if he if he remembered this story.
Speaker 2: But they're about to remember it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, this is what Sun Section Shouldtree club. We're going to. He pops the trunk, going net Pataya passed out appeals to everybody. Look, I got, I got no instructions.
Speaker 2: By the way, I want to be at this party so bad.
Speaker 1: Continue should club?
Speaker 3: I got so.
Speaker 4: Now we're in the Sphery Club right, like the record says city clubs. Now my homegirl Alisha's there, Barby Brown's wife. Right, this is wow ninety.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Let me see what I was because I was doing exhibits album, so I.
Speaker 1: Would say ninety six first exhibit album, the first one that's ninety four five ninety five.
Speaker 4: I did the call the was shoe on the the one that had Pross.
Speaker 1: First man is a two thousand drugs.
Speaker 2: So I had to be like nty six exceed no nigga. He was out ninety five no in Miami for sure.
Speaker 1: You know it's like it's like ninety you're talking about ninety six.
Speaker 4: No camp, nigga, it's no reason.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight the second album, Someone was.
Speaker 4: So ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Second album.
Speaker 2: I do the sense.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: So I go to your club, Alicia. We lost our friend Tiffany. She just had died. So she starts crying. So now I'm in the club boo hooing, crying with us. You're rolling, You're under no instructions with extasy. I'm crying with u.
Speaker 2: I mean boo hooing.
Speaker 4: Right after done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can't laugh that. No, someone passed. After I'm done, we go to the what's that hotel?
Speaker 4: Would tell the MDIO nothing on the other one, the manchos, no, not in montals need a deco hotel. No the other one, no, not not that one's hotel. Let's go Let's hotel, right, because always do he is the w then am always part to go whatever. So I go Lormitage. So the l was first would lie and there the m come out for that Dan. So so the Lamitage is the drug is.
Speaker 1: So drunk.
Speaker 3: Slumber champs gone.
Speaker 4: Well, the Lormitage. I ain't gonna tell you who famous wife this is. But somebody that's real famous, that's yous I got his wife in the room, right, I want to know, but she wouldn't she wasn't married then, Oh man, I don't even work marry with people like that ever in my life. So now I don't got no instructions. So now I'm in there buggering the fuck. I'm like, yo, now my mouth is driving my ship. Everything is dry, and I'm sitting there tripping. She come in there with the robe on nothing. I'm like, get out. I'm like, so now I'm sitting there. They forgot to tell me to drink water.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta do.
Speaker 1: So now?
Speaker 4: And like this, no na, after I kicked I kicked the girl out. I'm in the bed, but time is moving slow. It's still maybe like in the morning. I'm like, damn, I ain't gonna be able to get through this. But again, if they were told me about to have somebody with you drink water the whole night, I got no instruction because I'm already booing. I'm already boohooing in the club draga ecstasy and said you take on the emotions of I took the emotions on that, but got to the room and whatever like that. But again that's that's whatever the experience. I never took that ever again in my life ever, and people rock with that. The whole time about walking about ecstasy is because the same effraial yous you get from that euphoria, that's what percoset does. That's why the people in the records speak about it so much. They shouldn't. But nobody's gonna speak about something that don't make them hot. That ecstasy feel you get. Pergoset give you that too. But does the percoset make you sleepy? No, that's certain people. Everything that every drug works lean. And the thing is is that it's the time before you fall asleep. There's that euphoria. That's the euphoria. But it can make you create and make records and be as ill as you possibly can while niggas smoke weed. That's why niggas did held when that's why you got people who over those. So you got the Kirk Coke Burns or the Marvin Gaye or that donnia have the way you can.
Speaker 2: Get create.
Speaker 4: In there fucking beating that piano all night five of the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, are you.
Speaker 4: No will? I'm just giving you what.
Speaker 1: It'll make you do you're recreating a way too real, bro.
Speaker 4: No, but because know when you when you up there and you hide the creative part of it makes you feel good. You just thought you'd be in there.
Speaker 2: You know, you ever worked an Electric Lady. No, I wish I would have you. That's with the cat.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's that's something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cat was a cat there in Dangelo. Yeah, d Angela had something to do.
Speaker 2: No, you have to know he ended up working there afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's Jimmy.
Speaker 1: And there was to be a white cat there.
Speaker 3: And I'm allergic to cats like anywhere, Like, if a cat is down the block, I will break out. That's the only cat in the world that I didn't break out for. And I swore to God that was Jimmy Hens what a real cat. Yeah, like a cat that was not the homie cat. Yeah, that's why I thought you. I swore you would have worked at an Electric lad I was.
Speaker 4: You know what, you get to this, to this, to this thing, and you tell stories and you keep it getting how sensitive people are.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I just told people like, don't call me, tell me yo, I'm just I'm just talking.
Speaker 4: In my head. About people that don't worry. Yeah, I know, but people.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. They blame us anyways, you know. But I don't want to bring up the story though, But again.
Speaker 1: Bring the story what you do, right, because this is history, no real, we're documenting history. That's the problem that hip hop hasn't done a very good job of documenting itself properly.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: You know, we gotta be told.
Speaker 3: God damn it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got some I got some ship though, man with some other niggas. So you had a story or no I got I mean, that's that's yeah, buget fuck out, man, you got understand. This is why I tell people was see how everybody is famous. Now imagine that eighty eight. It's only like twelve of us, right, there's a small group with the whole world.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: And the poem we told about, man David talk about the other day. I'm in Philadelphia, I'm Michael Jackson. I gotta jump over the gate. I got ten thousand kids chasing me.
Speaker 2: Use finger popping everything I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, because how it was like the same type of that's what you see, what you see talking about whatever you see. The fucking people talk about they're all famous now, but back then it was only twelve of us, and I was one of them, like e pmd Rahim Rock, Caim, Dougie Hammered Short. But it's only name you could name fifteen people. Can you imagine that with the whole world? I think, and this is the thing I know. I think the culture takes RANDI hold, hold, hold it. But I think I think the culture takes for granted that reality that it was a small thing day grew. I like to say when the iPod came to play and it made hip hop a thing beyond hip hop where you have a playlist, But we did that well, Apple and all these jobs.
Speaker 2: But that's what that's what explained it was in the culture.
Speaker 4: Remember Eminem had one commercial, Remember that, right, because don't forget Steve went to Jimmy Iveen and said, Yo, I got this ship called Apple, called it the iPod, want you suck with it? Jimmy Iveen is making a hundred million dollars in this call. He gets the funk about what Steve is talking about. So but in the beginning, Eminem does one commercial for Apple.
Speaker 2: We never saw the game. Really, he did one commercial for Apple.
Speaker 1: You two.
Speaker 4: He didn't nobody, Jimmy Iveen, nobody believed in it. They didn't believe that, so they didn't let it happen. What Steve was playing with like, he changed that. That ship changed the game. That fucking iPod.
Speaker 1: That's what changed everything, but also changed Apple. But that's what changed hip hop in terms of it being just culturally, because I tell people all till I'm like from Miami hip hop standpoint, I'm like, I remember going around and it was a few thousand hip hops.
Speaker 4: You said that because that's what happened. Steve went to him whatever, and Jimmy is like, look at me, Nigga in the scope, I'm fucking h you coming to me with this.
Speaker 2: Didn't believe it. And it changed the game. It changed everything.
Speaker 1: It changed everything because it crossed genre and everything and made everybody be into everything.
Speaker 2: And then it just good and bad.
Speaker 4: There's good and I wish though, oh my God, to be able to Tuesday comes and the CDs coming out. Nigga's on the line of Tower Records and be a soul opened up and read the back and the whole, and that's that.
Speaker 2: That was Sam Goodie and the Mixtape errow, Like.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if that still existed, that we waited for Tuesday and we waited for that and all of a sudden, niggas dropping, Like yo, what can you imagine we still had that type of ship Like I understand about technology though, but to be able to you as a fan to open up the package and it was recording but but but then but then play the sequence right, But to care the sequence was important shuffle.
Speaker 1: To care about it, guys, this is a shuffle available we're talking about to care about even wanting to read those credits.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying that when it changed, like there's the positivity of the audience growing.
Speaker 4: Actually was important because then when that interlude came, the inter it's a red down on your head. It's a red down on your head too. Oh Ship, then the record coming like that was nothing like that, Like I know it's a dream though, but damn man, Ship.
Speaker 3: You was one of the first people that I heard speak about streaming. Do you think in retrospect it's a good thing or a bad thing?
Speaker 4: Streaming right now is quadjupling. The contracts we got when we got contract meaning when we.
Speaker 3: Signed our contracts, the Perpetuity did and that was involved.
Speaker 4: Is even with the less than one penny, it is better than the contracts we got.
Speaker 1: Wait, because of how much exponentially.
Speaker 4: Money that's being made is way way more than the contract that we got.
Speaker 2: But the money being made for the label. Yeah, but if you.
Speaker 4: Have, if you independent and you got the name and it goes to you, I'm just going to pause what's happening with me and when you talk to baby. When Baby says, if you think there's no money in the music business, union in the music business because people like him. But the contract, this is what I'm saying. The contract that we got that you signed from every artist doesn't compare to the one less than one pinion that we get. The streaming now, I don't know about what everybody else thinks is doing, but I've seen it happen for people and what it's doing for other people who are benefiting off streaming. But the ill part of the fact that it's supposed to be going up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Congress is supposed to pas it to one penny, to a penny to a penny, which everybody's like, that's ridiculous, buddy.
Speaker 2: But you're can imagine what a penny. Oh my god, is way big difference.
Speaker 1: But then when Snoop goes out and says this needs to change, I believe do you feel like the legacy artists should deserve?
Speaker 4: Noop is the one that made that thing happen? Oh really because him vocalizing one billion of streams only made systance. But see I could get on him. It is different for the producer, got you. The producer is not the artists or the writer like we we It's always been different for the producer. If we if we are the whole thing, we get the whole tea.
Speaker 2: As a producer.
Speaker 4: Producer, we just we get that. I just showed you on publishing and then on it right. But the artist, the producer period is going to be because again you get you get all that publishing, you get role, you get all of that that come with it. The writer doesn't get. The artist doesn't get it that contract GT made for him and her unless you you're big artist.
Speaker 2: You sell those millions of.
Speaker 4: Records and then you look for your advance to come back big, not the other mechanical stuff that the next advanced the label side exactly, and then they be like you know what you owe me five in thousands because I pay for that this way.
Speaker 2: Whatever, So you never the label, You'll never be cooped.
Speaker 4: You're gonna always owe them there, gonna always owe them always.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing charges as a young young and they would tell me, you know, we didn't have Instagram back then, we didn't have Twitter, and they would tell me, you know, we spent one hundred and fifty thousand in Japan for you here, and we spent such and such, and I didn't have access to Japan back then, so I would just take their word. Do you think they was lying to us? But you could always audit them though.
Speaker 4: Certain labels though too, And I can say it now that death Sham or whatever. They whole thing is to come under budget. So as long as I don't spend that money on you and I could pocket it, it's cool. Labels just did that period. They were some labels they do what would put money behind you, and not saying they didn't, but they go off for you having a hit record and then that shit exploded, you know what I'm saying. But the but, but the thing is to come under budget and for niggas to pocket money.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, you recorded albums under the budget.
Speaker 2: You mean he's saying that deaf Jam as a whole. The budget goal is the.
Speaker 1: Nuts that could be recording, that could be marketing. I get money from from from from what was it called reforcastcop no recoop.
Speaker 2: I never did that recoup or not refork. I never took I never took extra money from them.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm I think that that the respect I gain respecting I get from from Leon and from because I was one of the only clients who never asked for extra money.
Speaker 2: I used what they gave me.
Speaker 3: But what I did my thing was I bought my own studio. When I bought my own stood love early yeah, and I named something thirty second in Madison, US in Manhattan to yes, Wow, totally different.
Speaker 2: I think it's something totally different. And I it didn't seem like a man.
Speaker 3: It was called the hood laugh but uh, but it was a thirty second in Madison. And I would charge Depth Jam, Tommy boy, everybody who is doing business, but I charge him.
Speaker 2: On a different entity. And they never knew that I actually owned the students dope.
Speaker 3: And then then like other other clients started to catch on, like men League, you know, other people.
Speaker 2: It was like wait a minute. So I was like, Yo, what is quads charging you?
Speaker 1: What is sound on?
Speaker 3: Sound charge you with his daddy's house charging? They charge you this. I'll charge you this and I'll give you back half.
Speaker 1: So I just I had a whole.
Speaker 4: But that's the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had old had kick. Yeah, that's what was going on in the labels, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean we got.
Speaker 1: What we did.
Speaker 4: Everybody made money that way. Everybody. You you the money is, don't forget it's coming from somebody else anyway. But I can get this for you, you know. Just I need this to get half of this back. That's what he was doing. Everybody was making money, is what happened. Put a hole on blast. But everybody did that, everybody and they still do it now. Everybody this is doing this. And the radio game was even crazier. Oh my god, it was disrespectful.
Speaker 3: It was dispectful back then.
Speaker 2: Charging on that got damn money.
Speaker 4: I was. I gave somebody thirty five thousand dollars. My ship came on a three A game in the morning. Yo, you got some spinds wet nigga, that buddy hurting none. I wasn't ready, but that's the game.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, is to be all these like uh stories about hip hop, like what is it though?
Speaker 1: On Fox?
Speaker 3: Oh, Empire and all this seventy one sixty Varrak yeah, definit jam.
Speaker 2: That office was single handedly saved my life.
Speaker 4: Grand Grand Grand Green Studio, you know the cor service Grand Yes and X y Z when you spent on two months, I know.
Speaker 3: But let me just tell you something. I used to go there because the rush management was there. And this is how I got introduced to Chris Lightdy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you was was on the I was on Vio.
Speaker 1: He was there, and I wasn't on Death Jamber at that time.
Speaker 2: I was on Penalty. But I used to go to that office.
Speaker 3: I can get a haircut there, I could roll dice there, and I could buy weed there.
Speaker 2: I stopped hanging in.
Speaker 3: At Barrack, Yes, at Varick. I used to see Redman there. I used to see rush management there. To me, that is the quick essential hip hop story that should be told. What do you think?
Speaker 2: What about all the sex that was going on a minute out of control?
Speaker 3: Come on, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Because you're not mentioning that. Oh yeah you can't because you you know you you really beloved right now.
Speaker 6: But but.
Speaker 4: But but at the end of the day with the Staines, Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was bad.
Speaker 4: But again, the story could be told on that block, but it could be told on Elizabeth Avenue. He was before you wasn't here. You probably was like, yeah, Elizabeth is where us started. At Elizabeth Elizabeth Street. Okay, any time you would go outside, you would see one d M c rock him e PM. You would see all of us outside ran everywhere. This is chilling.
Speaker 2: But Barrick was a whole dynamic of interns.
Speaker 4: Why you act like you shocked niggas?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know. To me, this was like he's saying.
Speaker 1: This was like, you don't want to stay.
Speaker 4: I got the same one when you got there that was this was like great evinure.
Speaker 3: To me, I was like, wait a minute, I could get my.
Speaker 1: Hair cut, roll dice and buy weed at the same place as the hood. Fuck the hood.
Speaker 2: And and and it's safe, it's safe.
Speaker 4: I think that part. I think it's rough riders. There's there's there's murder Ink and then Randfather, and there's the Depth Squad, and there's and at that time that ship was on fire on so so you came. When did you get signed there?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Well, remember Chris Lidy picked me up nineteen ninety eight or ninety seven seven because because he he got me into the n R album, which was.
Speaker 2: My ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's go for the real quick. This is I gotta tell you this, this is really you won't do this at all. Death Sham has me, the Death Squad and Oriega Right now, t R L was was big, right, m t V, m TV and Peter Gun's Lord, we got that ship out uptown right, so it's uptown Anthem, you know, it's what what uptown Anthem and sugar and it raps the light?
Speaker 2: Right, So we're in the meeting, so I don't care about that too.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, so yeah, we gotta make sure we have a little dilemma the Death Squad and Oreegle record and what what record? And and and we gotta see which one that we're gonna put to number one?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But I'm sitting there, you know, so they're talking talking there too. I'm like, okay, tell you what, we're gonna make NOIB number one. And then on the next couple of weeks when he comes starts coming down, we'll put y'all up there whatever that we never got a chance the direct it came down so nor we stayed up then at number one. And then when when he when he came down to number two, did they put Peter Gunns and the Lord Trek on it?
Speaker 2: So I never got a chance to be number one spot.
Speaker 1: Owe you lunch.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is c r L making those decisions. No depth share.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll tell you what though, I ended up having a number one album in the country though, that's right, the album number one.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 4: I don't think you remember that day though, sitting outside to at that whatever that outside. I think it was one of the spring breaks and we was all out there like doing the show. But I knew in my head like, yo, damn, okay, well in two weeks he's coming down. Now'm gonna get the spot. But it never happened.
Speaker 3: God damn, it.
Speaker 2: Makes no noise to me.
Speaker 3: Once again, I'm gonna be honest with you. Like that run that we keep talking about you dots effects red Man, red Man, Like how did that feel? Because I believe cash money no limit, even bad Boy rough Riders rocket for the kind of like based their murdering kind of base theate thing off of that.
Speaker 1: I think his squad was a big like example for a lot of crews.
Speaker 4: And we'll definitely put the Wu Tang clan because cause they show it in like in.
Speaker 1: The series, not just everybody's like like, I was influenced by even more.
Speaker 3: And I asked people this all the time while you was making history, did you know you.
Speaker 2: Was making history?
Speaker 4: Nah? I just knew that. The other question you asked, did we know that it was ill like when it was going on, I'm like, hell, yeah.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: Like yo, we did look at this because we all because again to be on the billboard charts at the same time you go to do something, you see through your groups.
Speaker 1: Did anybody else influence that type of structure? I mean, I know, I see, I see had Ryan syndicate. That was the closest thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, But what we did was yeah, not say yeah, we didn't you.
Speaker 2: Know, like anybody else in No.
Speaker 4: And then EPMD had three consecutive number one albums in a row. You know, That's what I said before. My colleagues can talk about what they did, though, but consistency. Don't forget we broke up. So imagine that five years, gred Man, imagine from nineteen ninety two to ninety seven, that we had them five years.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think the breakup fucked up a lot of business?
Speaker 2: That the his squad and the crews come in.
Speaker 4: You gotta understand niggas can say that they was they were going to come in all types of ship. But now when when his squad was there, that you had to be very careful about what you was making and what you're going to be able to make to come in there because we was not going to.
Speaker 3: Stop m.
Speaker 2: And I don't know who I would have signed then. My ear was I had I was.
Speaker 4: I don't know who I could have had because because I was looking at we was looking to keep building. You know, it could have been it could have been somebody, but we don't know who it could have been. I was trying to because at that time I could have been. We was making I was making music every fucking day, so so the production was going to be there.
Speaker 2: I had it, so I don't know who I was going to be able to put down.
Speaker 1: And it was a highly respected crew. Highly respected.
Speaker 2: Again, like I told, there was nobody it's only a few of us.
Speaker 4: Nobody was around it for any competition that I saw that was going to make me because now I've done some past my clients, I mean my my colleagues. Because then because we're consistent and now we number one and that and then that Crossover came out. You know, that was our biggest record. You know, then all of a sudden we got some niggas over here, the Dots effects kids and then the Red Man come.
Speaker 2: He was like it was it was bad. It was bad in a good way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a good way. Okay, we are we done now because we gotta take you gotta take a ship.
Speaker 2: We gotta take more. I got no no, let me, we got some going. Let's let's talk about Stay Real the record.
Speaker 6: But what.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see what you guys, where are you going with that talking about the record Stay Real?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: What? What?
Speaker 2: How did you make that record?
Speaker 3: The want to motivation behind that Stay realm.
Speaker 4: It was a continue racing the course over That's what the lyrics showing you that mother everybody who wasn't keeping a will, that was because you know, a getting people was hip hop was changing. And my version because again you had the license coming people with whatever, people start wearing suit's getting sexy, the whole nine whatever it's and that. So I just felt like, you know, I got to say something because it was like it was getting ready to change, you know. But it really was a continuation of that right there period, and I did. I was in Georgia then, so I was calling myself, I was in Georgian.
Speaker 2: And I was, I tell you what, this is.
Speaker 4: The illly shit Redman kind of kind of woke me up in Georgia because I had got to a point where I got so comfortable, I started getting real happy and I was playing them some happy ship and I was I was going left because because I was, I was with left eye. So I was like, you know, it was day left eye. I lived with her, don't begause, I'm broke. So I had to find some something place to sleep. I slept. I stayed in her. She had a hotel. Hey, but y'all was dating right right, Okay, she had when I moved to Georgia. That's how I met Illegal. Illegal was signed to her. So now I'm uncle Eric. So I go to the place she lives in the in the in the like a hotel type of sweet.
Speaker 1: Wait, didn't you think the youngsters when we said illegal the youngsters.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say the youngsters to mom was death squad. So so what where I'm at with that? You?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was getting solved.
Speaker 2: My whole ship was different because the LESSI.
Speaker 4: If you, if you go back to my first album, I had a song called every now and then I get crazy is it in the chorus?
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear my sound like that, even sounds like TLC.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the line. But but I was doing this not knowing. And then I had one of my other rhymes on the song. I was like, I got my hat to the back, but my pants down below whatever I was, I didn't know I was doing this. I was just like a getting getting soft.
Speaker 2: You put condom like this?
Speaker 3: No, So Ressie was like, yot, she must have had that thing.
Speaker 2: So Ressie was like Recidia. So Reggie was like, had you turns?
Speaker 4: Nobody knew it? To A two show with on Hot ninety seven says oh yeah, that's the time when every someone was left out, like niggas already know the story because two shorts and said it out loud already but at the end of the day, I was not I didn't have Hitt Switches. I didn't have Stayed Real, didn't have none of that ship. All my ship was kind of pretty Reggie real Low not wanting to be assertive to me, like yo, He's like, yo, you know those are cool though, man, but you know that type of ship, you know it's cool. I would never thought that he would say that to me. You know, I'm producing you and.
Speaker 2: That's dope. That's a good friend.
Speaker 4: And next thing, you know, hitting switches that's in my notes, by the way, and then Stay Real then Hostile I was. I got back hitting switches in my notes.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: But if he didn't do that, I would have had a soft album on my debut I would have had I wouldn't have hitt Switches. I wouldn't have had Stay, I would have had Hostile because my mind was someplace I was. I was making the kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was man U was t l seed, which is good. It looks good kind. He was living and left out. I don't think I've ever met left eye.
Speaker 4: This was mad cool.
Speaker 2: She seemed like she was mad cool, crazy, crazy cool.
Speaker 4: All of them is cool to see how they all was mad cool, like, don't forget I'm new to the city, you know, Like I said, for I got a thousand dollars in the credit and the America Spress card trying to get through.
Speaker 2: See how'm making you know what I'm saying. Where were they in their career when you mets, Oh, they were already huge waterfalls.
Speaker 4: And look this is this isus.
Speaker 2: I'm go chasing the waterfalls.
Speaker 4: This is nineteen ninety three. Oh yeah it is they are you mongous? And again at the end of the day, everybody was going through what they was going through, So I just happened to be again illegal was her.
Speaker 3: Wow, we talked about El scar Face record. We talked about that already, right or did we not? Ll scar Face record?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do ray me?
Speaker 4: Oh, doray me. Yeah that was what does that mean? That's the chorus? That was the old school do Yeah, that's what he was. That's opera ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know that means?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that in school?
Speaker 2: Come on, bro.
Speaker 4: Oh he knows it in Spanish. No, you're right, yeah, that's what that was. That was cool saying that that was something that anybody.
Speaker 3: Know but you yeah, I mean I don't know. I ain't going to that school. I was in a special school, the Yellow Bus, And I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't know you an artist?
Speaker 4: You never heard Doray met Yeah, that's what he was doing. He was like making dog get this bread. It's the infrared. Hey, he was just doing it as a routine, trying to trying to make something up, was being being slick with the word play.
Speaker 1: So that was that's fire.
Speaker 4: Street you made. You bring that up because I love it? So oh, I got a chance to go work with NAS again.
Speaker 1: So I go to L. E.
Speaker 2: S Studio, I bring the Street Hot there to play for Virginia No the one I see that.
Speaker 4: That was here in New York and Long Island, Okay, okay whatever. I played that song for m because I wanted him to hear it. He didn't give a funk about what I was saying. He's like, can I get that record or naves?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And I didn't give it to him.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: You've been front of the NAS your whole career.
Speaker 4: You just bring back memories of that because I played it for him, and you did. And all I do is give to because I ain't really need it, and my shit didn't go away anyway, but he came.
Speaker 3: Came back into the ap M D album.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know what, that's right. So he came back and got me anyway.
Speaker 2: I feel like we should make no noise of that.
Speaker 3: But you run on nas twice.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: I ain't really fun him. I just the fact that he might maybe he was serious, maybe he wasn't. But I played the record for him because I had to sample him, and he's like, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: I think you already answered this, but maybe this one that we didn't speak about. I remember I did a KANDU which is and come up to me and said, I got this girl that wanted to do the West Indian version of it. All right, cool whatever, whatever, and it was there was it was gonna say Barbados, you know, like Turan k Goos, like ship like that, you know, trinidadad Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Right, it was Rihanna. What she wasn't even at the time.
Speaker 4: I know that, I know, I know, I know, I know, so so I was like, yeah, no problem.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, she just wants fifteen grand and I was just like at the time I had what she Wants?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was she famous?
Speaker 1: She had the song part of the Yeah, okay, that song replay.
Speaker 9: That said part of the river, Yeah, yeah on the river. You know, no, I said part of the river Regga joins me. So biggest mistake of my career.
Speaker 3: So you got one of those. That's the biggest. That's one of my biggest stakes. You named some, But is there one that you didn't name to night that you think.
Speaker 4: It's like, No, this is the biggest.
Speaker 2: Nahs is the biggest.
Speaker 4: Okay, to this day, I still again, I can't believe that that EPMD record happened, you know, because but again me not working and doing any produced records on him. That's one thing I wish I had inside my road, inside my catalogue is him is Yeah, It's gonna happen. I ain't the only one that said it though, but mad people say about him.
Speaker 1: Like meaning meaning like they presented him.
Speaker 4: No just to work with him, you know, I have to be able to say but I work with but we just say I have a record.
Speaker 2: That I made for him, right, well, let's speak it into existence now.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah on my album, I don't think Wow he made all the albums he made.
Speaker 2: Nah, he's still got so much music. I feel.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I don't think he coming up. I don't think he's coming up for a while. And he did four or five back to back.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he's gonna go even further.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he is.
Speaker 2: You can be honest. I think I think you know what I think.
Speaker 1: So, I think he's enjoying he's he's on a streak too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he's enjoying that independency and he's enjoying what me and you spoke about earlier.
Speaker 2: We spoke about earlier. Excuse me with Fad Joe, he.
Speaker 4: Said that, he said, he said, I'm making records because I want to.
Speaker 3: He want to. Yeah, yeah, you don't know. I think that was giving Nas that freedom right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that he's doing a thing because again, Nas got so much dope ship for you know, the money that he making, the dimensions that he makes. I don't know he wanted to be.
Speaker 1: He got a casino in Queens.
Speaker 2: He about to bill God damn it. He's not such a great exactly. But I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: With Fad Joe said to me yesterday, made sense to what NAS has been doing, doing something because you want to do Because we gotta remember a part of us, all of us real artists, probably would have still rapped if we didn't make money, like we probably would have still like did it as a hobby.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wouldn't have been you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But my first like you just said, you had signed for seven hundred and fifty dollars, I got signed five thousand. But we basically was doing it for the love then, right. We didn't make money then, and then we made it into a business. So uh, I love.
Speaker 1: Yah, I love it. I really shure me. I love so bat.
Speaker 4: I'm hot, No, I'm hot as this again. Having the Marvin Gaye try to you know what's bugged out? People said, I tried to strike lightning twice. I just happened to have the record on there. Of course the label let's go with that One's what I'm hot. Oh. I did the Marvin Gary Body, but since I fucked around and had another one, it worked.
Speaker 2: It didn't work work, but again it did what need to do. It didn't need to do.
Speaker 4: But that's I'm walking around with the samples making records, don't know that I want to actually use it, right, And I just had the acapellas. If it's fun to fuck with to be chopping them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's a that's a question for me. Is we talked about you getting you're publishing right, but you also sample a lot of times when you sample, people want one hundred percent that published.
Speaker 4: Did they take it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: How many times have you sampled and they asked for one hundred percent of that?
Speaker 4: Publisher who asks epm D got real blessed back then because we got we didn't clear Roger, we didn't clear every early and before sampling. But yeah, but they still came at us. But just like for ten thousand dollars the small ship, you know what I'm saying. But the people that take the one hundred percent, you have to really want it. Like the RESU bought dogs to me right, Well that was one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent by.
Speaker 4: By Isaac Hayes.
Speaker 3: Wow wow.
Speaker 4: But Jay liked it. He wanted so bad he said, go ahead and take it, you know, because sometimes people take that one hundred funds out how bad you want that record, you know, hmhmm, But they'll take it.
Speaker 2: But again like like, like, that's what me.
Speaker 4: You know that we offered to Tupaca estate, go ahead and take it because because.
Speaker 3: The hype are it lasts longer for me, the importance of the record for you. Yeah, but you said you had Tupac am Biggie, is that fear the biggiest of state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, bigg state cleared, Okay, same as the mob deepest state clear. The the Sean price is state clear, their dog estate clear. Like you said before, niggas they clear and ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But then sometimes you know you got that ship like like because.
Speaker 2: You motherfucker Eric Sherman, that's what you got.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I told you I'm being cocky for you.
Speaker 4: But but but the two Pockets, it does. You heard stories about it taking long. But again, at the end of the day, I tell you can have it. I just want the nostalgia the record, right, But I'll play it for y'all again. You everybody who hears the record, they always their faces.
Speaker 2: I love to watch them because they be like, nah.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. There's no way you can play for when we're done right here, No way you can play it today when we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you been to Ballet to see Russell the bally.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, he told you to come down to health right the whole Now you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never went Yeah, of course for you too.
Speaker 4: He said you got a.
Speaker 1: Snoop dogg Sweet sat Snoop Dog Sweet.
Speaker 2: Right in the hotel tax Haven over there. Yeah he just he went. Russell went and just did this thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so this is one time. No, we said this is your last one time, like this is just go now.
Speaker 1: You take a picture.
Speaker 3: Signed to Depth jam right, we signed as.
Speaker 2: Component Orega.
Speaker 3: Yes, but then they was like, yo, we're not gonna sign a Norri solo and a Compone solo, so you.
Speaker 2: Gotta make a pick right now.
Speaker 3: I felt like I already got mynt off Components just coming home from from jail.
Speaker 2: So I said, you know what, I let Compone.
Speaker 4: Whining before you.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is after this is this.
Speaker 2: Is when we signed to Death jam I.
Speaker 3: So they had a choice to sign Component Oriega and one solo. So they signed Compona Oreega and I said, you know what, Coone was just coming home from jail, I said, sign Components solo. They did, and then I remember me going in because Copone was working on his solo before he worked on a Copon on Noriega. And I remember me just going in spending my own money. Dev Jam would not pay for me to go in and record my solo. While I'm waiting for Copone to finish his solo, Kevin lows come seize me, and he says to me, man and y'all never told you the story. I should have told you the story years ago. And he goes, you're Eric Sherman right now, and I say, tuned, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He said, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: You feel like Kevin tell you. Kevin llowed to tell you this. You know what you said earlier, no capping. He's like, Yo, you feel like you you hold than the burden of the group. You're holding it down and you feel like you're not being compensated the same way you will be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come or of pause.
Speaker 3: And I remember me saying I didn't know what he meant by that, and years later I did and don't what he meant by that was making a group album for me at that time was harder than making a solo album for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because a.
Speaker 1: Group album I had to collap.
Speaker 3: I had to actually, but then after I made that solo album, it was just like, yo, it's so much easier. It's way easier. And I remember him telling me that I remember me knowing you, but remember me not like saying, damn, what does he mean by that? And years later I got to know what he meant by that. And sometimes you hold the verdict of being.
Speaker 1: That guy.
Speaker 2: Not feeling like it and then applying it.
Speaker 3: And to this day, I always say that my relationship with EFN is so much better because of my relationship with Compone.
Speaker 2: My relationship with Compone.
Speaker 3: Makes me say I don't ever want to push EFN to anything that he doesn't want to do, because I did that with Compone and it pushed him away for a while, Like I want a compone to be on time.
Speaker 2: My motherfucker's still ain't on time.
Speaker 3: Bro here, yo, who.
Speaker 2: Still ain't on top? But when I pushed him to.
Speaker 1: Be like me, that was not the move, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That's not that was not the move. I should have let him be here how he is. And that's the reason why I feel like me and f En relationship works judgement. He doesn't give a fuck about and we're both on time. We kind of try to beat each other and see who's on time.
Speaker 4: But so I'm not such time. I'm saying this because nobody always nobody knew that, nobody really knew the dynamics and will you what really happened between y'all two? Yeah, my brother said this. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying the fact that even though you went solo, like the album didn't come. See, he wasn't like my dynamic ship was different. Why did y'all stop.
Speaker 1: Making always thought my dynamic was compared to yours.
Speaker 2: I never knew that they.
Speaker 3: Had a more good had a breakupe.
Speaker 1: He went to jail, so I would have never been a solo arm if he didn't go to jail.
Speaker 2: Got you, I got you, I got you like I met.
Speaker 1: No aready doing the promo tour for CNN. That's how me and him met. He was the only he was doing the run by himself.
Speaker 3: But in my mind, we didn't have the internet back then, so we didn't know that you were in parish. If that was the case, was I thought I was based in my career of for you okay, like you went solo that based off a Cube damn you know because.
Speaker 4: Corre, Yeah, these are we're in major groups.
Speaker 1: But that's crazy comparison to what happened there.
Speaker 4: But still he still went solo. Yeah, but it was it was crazy. It doesn't matter you still leaving the major group.
Speaker 1: But you felt the same like energy that that you saw. We all SAWQ go through with no vassaline.
Speaker 4: No, just the fact that you the part of leaving the major group, being in the major group and then going your own separate ways.
Speaker 1: And then how to create your own identity, creating that.
Speaker 4: And then and then seeing if it's gonna if people are gonna accept it as that Cuba tell your old time too with so and so about not knowing you skart of depth, you know whatever, you know, how people are you tell you that you know yo, yo, you better with the group.
Speaker 1: I mean if you if you look at it. It was crazy for Cube to leave n W at its height. They come from such a hit and that's when he left the hours with the break and people didn't.
Speaker 4: It still was people still like there's no way epm d Brook and you know how big that that was huge for people, you know, But again things happened, but you don't know it's gonna work for you.
Speaker 1: Wow, but you but you were the primary producer in e PM.
Speaker 4: You know, in the beginning it was Paris did the first album. People don't know really because people, you know, they always might think that it's me because he stopped working. But again, don't forget he knew about this stuff before I did.
Speaker 2: Is the older than you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, by the year or so. But at the end of the day, you know, I just learned how to do it by the second album.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you did.
Speaker 4: You know. So when when someone so when it's what you're saying came, you know, it was it was you know, that was the beginning of where I was starting at.
Speaker 2: You know, shout out to both of y'all.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So, so let me ask you, right, like I love to ask artist this question. What's on your rider?
Speaker 4: I don't get it. I don't when you when you're the.
Speaker 3: Show, no trow like if somebody is a book you to the show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, damn. I I didn't even do all that. I wasn't even in it. Like that. Whatever food that came with you had chicken, salmon, rice vegetables. But people had rolling paper, fucking alcohol whatever. I don't and I didn't care. I never cared. Yeah, I ain't, that's it. I never looked at no, right, I never did that.
Speaker 3: I know you ain't asked for missus Chiles as ship, little Roy Rogers nothing and ms.
Speaker 4: The Blue Ones. That's my I'm not making fun of people. They just take all the others. Just ket the Blue Ones in there.
Speaker 2: I that was ever real.
Speaker 4: It's real, yeah, people, that's deepest ship people. See if people would do it though, yeah, they would do it. But I'm saying, do you think they said it just to see if it would get done? No, that's what they want.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Who didn't live opus.
Speaker 1: Madonna?
Speaker 4: I want the water that's from from BALI get it shipped over here.
Speaker 2: How would she know it's from Bali?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: I would I would have gotten water put Polly on that.
Speaker 2: No, she knew because they got it in that dressing room.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met somebody that that you were disappointed after meeting him and he was like, fuck, Scott was an asshole?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Who was that?
Speaker 3: Mister Lee?
Speaker 4: I don't know, not off the off the bat, but it happened though I can't. I can't remember, but yeah, I just wanted somebody, holy ship. I wish I could even name, right, I.
Speaker 3: Wish you could name the name too, think about it, Gota, no tell me, Denzel Washington.
Speaker 4: Somebody gave me the side, you know when you could decide like that, Yeah, one of those.
Speaker 2: Who's that? Somebody? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: We don't got to talk about it, right, Well.
Speaker 2: We did it. We did it, Eric, sir.
Speaker 4: So that's your whole your phone, it's my phone, it's my phone. No, there's fucking questions, man, that's the phones, the phones and ship. You answered, you can ask about the fucking doory me. And then here's which is you went off the whole script with.
Speaker 2: Some other ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm a special education student. I went to the resource room in case you didn't know. Listen, man, you got notes. Man, it works out, it works out, it works out. Okay, you asked every one of my questions, all step ups, bomb Diggy.
Speaker 4: What's up with the records though?
Speaker 6: What you just.
Speaker 4: Pick out my records? The bomb Diggy. We never talked about bomb Diggy. Wasn't it wasn't it wasn't. All the ways done by me that's when I had tie Fife with me. We'll do so right, So Queen's niggas so hey, the chopping queen, the boom the boom to see that wasn't I ain't had that technique yet, but time Fife did, it sounded.
Speaker 2: Like me because the defunk part of it.
Speaker 1: So I added some.
Speaker 4: Stuff in there too, But that's mostly tie Fife at the time. It's ninety five tip fight. Matter of fact, on that second album, was doing like maybe three or four records on that because he was my new producer.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He was He had a dope style, you know. So, But that's about about that story about on that on that record. But I think that I think that again, that was a record that too, that LA took off with. You know, New York didn't really fuck with it too tough then you people loved the second album, that second albu of Day, but that single didn't go It didn't do nothing except for California.
Speaker 1: Didn't you.
Speaker 3: That's with Derek Angeletti for a while. Wasn't he under your prot No? No, no, yeah.
Speaker 4: Only the only ones I can't was fighting rock Waller and I can't rock wall with we Gotta get and died don't want to come through. Yes, rock Wall is one person though to that people again doesn't know, like again you know already did the Big Pun, the jay Z, the Di the Christian Aguilera's his child, the fucking you know, he got his own.
Speaker 2: Record called the rock Waller.
Speaker 4: Whether than people look at them, Jennet Jackson, this nigga is fucking one of those, you know, and people don't look at it and look at him at all, you know, as far as to really as one of those people you know, dangerous because I ain't know he did the Big Pun record Blue. I had no idea he did that song, which one the dude one of the uh man, that's rock Wall though, mister Lee, you're not helping at all, bro, you're on that record.
Speaker 1: He came up, what.
Speaker 4: Rock Wall did that? Yes, you don't even know this?
Speaker 1: No, no, I was also high mister head of the Sounds. Can you google that please?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, this is my camp nigga. Holy shit, this is crazy. Two records, no reason to know nothing about it. He waved and this he's on both cool about none of them. I credit that having a dope life. But yo, every sermon, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Last time I saw you, we were on the private right Jack, and then the next day I went to Nice and I went to Paris. I'm seeing you today and tomorrow I am going to Paris.
Speaker 1: Stop lying your good luck.
Speaker 4: Like you travel a lot, nigga. You don't want me to drive, but I'm saying the fact that you was like you really really be out there enjoying life for real, because tomorrow is not promised. I like to.
Speaker 3: See you.
Speaker 2: Niggas.
Speaker 4: You got money and it's not and and and the side poss niggas live out here and day County over there in Coral keep around. He's gonna be able to joy. I mean, how about you, real quick list, you got to be you got to be capful. I'm not gonna be. I can't be the protect them like that. You know you didn't drink bro Listen, My first Wednesday is not a coincidence because again, you know, this is my second day living in Miami, but you're living in Miami now. I just moved yesterday and I can see the water and ship. I'm just another I'm just Japan because I'm forced and listening, but listen, and my g wagons being being sent right now. Listen, but listen to some of this place. I'm trying to find out if this is me or not right because you because my man. Once this nigga left California, I'm like, damn, so La might not be the place, will.
Speaker 3: You stop it?
Speaker 4: And so in New York was making me comfortable, like you know how you get a comfortability and when you get too comfortable, you know, you got to be careful with that because you can fall into a comfort zone. So I was doing that, and you know, I've always been in Atlanta, you know what I'm saying, But I knew that that wasn't where I wanted to go now too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freaking nigga is over.
Speaker 3: You gotta go leave.
Speaker 4: So so my colleagues are here, nor Fat Joe's Hallong d like the age group with Ross, make these all these people that I know.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, don't forget.
Speaker 3: D J E.
Speaker 1: F N.
Speaker 4: Young Bird, but he was with me right right.
Speaker 1: We got to unreleased ahead, right, so you gotta understand, great, young We're going to release that mother.
Speaker 4: With Ross left on my basement floor.
Speaker 2: Wow, like this is.
Speaker 4: This niggas ain't maybe all I know the fact that this is what I I want to see for myself, if this is where I, you know, supposed to be at. Because again, the motivation is what people need to keep, you know, just to keep it, keep it fresh.
Speaker 2: You know, I can make music anyway anywhere.
Speaker 4: But the motivation of people doing what I love to do makes you do what you love to do and at a higher level. So when you out here, dolo and you over there by yourself with it and nobody's doing that now it's just you. You're still making it.
Speaker 3: But it ain't.
Speaker 4: It ain't the same type of motivation. That's what Atlanta had gave me. That's what La had gave me. New York had gave me for a while.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, let me give it to you. Yeah, but don't I'm the fuck out of here. Don't really matter.
Speaker 3: Get yourself a public sandwich, a public's public's not a public one, but a public.
Speaker 4: And then to the part of the part of the of the the the weather part, the part of this being like you know, you wake up at seven every day right now, be hurricanes. This nigga is this nigga right here much jogging five or ten miles. I don't know if you lyne that they picking the camera up like, He's like, no, you're picking the camera. You're like, okay, and now I'm at seven now, nigga the camera. I watched the edit.
Speaker 2: I watched the editor here on different sneakers.
Speaker 4: He had on some new bads and they switched to this.
Speaker 2: Only way.
Speaker 6: You're putting one run day a week's worth of running.
Speaker 4: You can skip, man, like you skip to number ten. But they're doing the movie. Okay, cut the movie. Oh ship that the ice melted?
Speaker 1: Well, well, listen, wet, this is your home now now we know you live here. Yes, please come sober drunk every time we love it. Man, you are the soberest drunk person. I feel I feel like we've been you drinking everything we drinking.
Speaker 4: I feel like every time, this right here is the dope ship. Though now people get this and this is dope and ship.
Speaker 2: But but but but can I can I give you a prosper two minutes? Please?
Speaker 3: You a legend. You're an icon in many ways. If you weren't here, I wouldn't be here the FM. I don't know if you even notice, he didn't go on eBay, that's the original. Like, but he has tennis balls from carras one, he got he got your he got your your tapes on.
Speaker 4: A tape, but the shirt I don't know how many times you wore were interviews with other people. I'm like, damn, it feels like that, like I saw him before, but he never act like like how I see you with the path and there and the stuff that you doing as far as like, damn, represent I like.
Speaker 3: That called the power for that. That's illegal ship. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't make that ship. I can get you off that right now.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Like, that's my life. So at the end of the day, But again I realized that now too, at the end of the day, I'd be like, damn, these niggas be repping and then for y'all to do that, like y'all rep for real, like your niggas rep for real, like for real for real EPMD repings. So that right there, I appreciated that too. But again at the end of the day, we was kids not knowing. I was just making what we thought it was dope, period, And that's what we did. We made what we thought it was Dope and the world Man and and and again, don't forget. We had the I couldn't come whack? Can you imagine you at home? And then Crammed the Crammed understand came on first. Yes, that was Red Alert playing that right.
Speaker 1: So the next.
Speaker 4: You know, Craig mac came to my house because Craig makes come to my house all the time at my grandma's house. Yes, we used to Me and Craig Matt used to listen to the radio and see what's coming on next. So we heard publicking number one together and we heard nobody beats the Biz. So now right, and then then the next week I came in the door.
Speaker 1: That was for me.
Speaker 2: So so now don't forget. Then you have question.
Speaker 4: You had KOs one with the bridge and and and all that, so we have I got all these people to watch. Don't forget me and Paris is the last one out from the era. Don't forget you got Robin with canes out, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so we know school the last one.
Speaker 4: Now that's the next era. Some of as far as me and Paris listening, you hear what we heard. We heard kaos one, we heard light, we heard biz, We heard rock Him and we heard Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: So imagine you sitting there, so how do we have to have to come when you hear that?
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because you guys sounded nothing like anybody you was inspired by.
Speaker 4: Well rock him.
Speaker 2: You felt like you sounded like rock Him.
Speaker 4: Because I interview Paris said it into what you're saying. Niggas said, we signed the music was black. We have to the album strictly business. Help him, you don't sign it. But this is what they were saying. Okay, then don't forget though, when that e pm D ship was going on in rock Him from the next town. Whatever that shit, I ain't no joke. Whatever. You can get a smack for this. Then EPMD came out like a Digham smack. You smacked me and I smack you back. So niggas thought that that was the disc again that if you don't know that, the hood took that. So now rock Him is pissed. I'm like, damn no way. It was no way you want beef with him. We can't beat him. It came so so Denny says a brother said, diggum, I never dug and he couldn't have. Finally enough, so I drug him and the dangers on the curve. I'm like, oh, we in trouble, were in trouble. All of a sudden we saw about the place called the building, and Paris saw him in Paris squats the beef. What did parents do? What are you saying about these at the bar? And like you talked to him and the ship was squashed. But again the Hood made that beef just because of what you thought you might have heard. So I'm forgeting if your man gashed up said you heard him say that ship smack me or smack you back? So it went crazy. So now you're going we only two towns over Brentwood then wine dance right here. Wow, that's my mentor who I'm watching who I wouldn't even be going that far if I never heard him. My melody and fucking every president was the ship. That's what I based my shoe off of him. You don't know that, but I'm telling you that's incredible.
Speaker 1: And he thinks you dissed them. You don't think that's the Hood did it? So they so you ain't had no d M back then we'd be like it was.
Speaker 2: No, it was the bar when parasaw him it was too late for that.
Speaker 4: It's too late because once that came whatever and then we said sounding like the all we said, the virus said the all like nigga, you.
Speaker 1: Can said this the awe and the music was wet, worse, and he said, did not follow.
Speaker 4: Leather came out, but it's the dig that I never dug it. You couldn't follow that. I'm like, oh my god, we in trouble, and he twitched it up.
Speaker 2: I was so young.
Speaker 1: I didn't even all of that went over my head.
Speaker 4: Ya No, I said it. That's what all this ship?
Speaker 3: You heard? No say that.
Speaker 4: But the rock record came from me with the autobiography, that all that ship he said. He said the same thing I told him. He said it in the rhyme Wow, Jesus. That day when I went with the street, we talked about that story.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And the next thing, you know, he wrote it in the rhyme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's That's how motherfucking good artist is. You sit around, we talked, and then we're writing about that ship that you just talked about.
Speaker 4: Right, drink, we did it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Take a picture.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC.
Speaker 1: Production, hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com