Speaker 1: Good morning us a yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 3: He stood up.
Speaker 2: Playing in his Friday Jess hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yo, Good morning, Big Jess, Good morning, Big Justice. Dress for the occasion. She in here looking like a member of Total this morning.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: You just stepped out of a Total video and that's good because your CEO coming this morning.
Speaker 2: That's right. Diddy will be joining us this morning. His album is out right now, the love album Off the Grid. Yes, we will be kicking it with Diddy in a little bit. That nice little album is litter. I thoroughly enjoyed the love album. I don't want to tell him that though, but thoroughly.
Speaker 3: Why do you want to be a here? Why do you volunce? Wrong with you to behave? Oh my god, that's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: What I do? I thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gosh, So.
Speaker 6: We're gonna kick it with didd in a little bit. Also, Desi Banks will be joining us.
Speaker 3: Dang, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're on tour right now. Yeah, he's on tour. We're gonna be kicking on bothe for them this morning.
Speaker 3: Hey and stuff, you got a show in New York tonight.
Speaker 7: Now I have a show in Jacksonville, Florida tonight at the Comedy Zone. Actually, I have two shows tonight and then shoot two shows tomorrow, so I'll be leaving and flying out right after we wrap up the episode, move to Jacksonville that morning. That's right, it's gonna be at the Comedy Zone. The comedy shows this weekend up to tonight to tomorrow. Get those tickets. Well, actually tomorrow is sold out. The last show has a couple of tickets left, So get your tickets for the last show tonight because all the others are Wow.
Speaker 6: So get your last tickets because yes, it will be sold out in probably hours. So wake your ass up, get your tickets all right now. Shout out to again the HBCU n Y Classic. They've been doing events all week and last night they did a panel on a Different World. They had Jasmine Guy could be even hardest, Uh, and they were just talking about the impact of a different world and they're saying when that show was on, they said, Uh, the amount of people that went to HBCUs doubled at the time that had that much influence, and you know, it's sad we don't have many shows like that now that that for becus on HBCU and college life and things like that.
Speaker 2: So they but it's not I don't know grown this is the HBCU, but to focus on college and focus on college.
Speaker 6: So they were saying that they were just talking about the experience and where Hillman was derived from. I always thought Hillman was a ride from from Hampton. That's why I made me want to go to Hampton. But they said it actually derived from all the different colleges and HBCUs. They took something from each part of different colleges to make it, you know, like their own special HBCU, and that's where it was derived from. Just just listening to the stories and and and some of the commentary was just great. So salute to Jasmine Guy, Kaud Deem hardest It's great hearing.
Speaker 4: Two of my favorite people to have conversations with very slept on Breakfast Club interview and could Deem Hardieston and Jasmine Guy came up here together and you can check them out on My Homegirl. Lisha Renade's project Unleashed for Love on Audible. They play at Lsia's parents. Yes on that on that project, so salute to them. And that was at their Apollo last night too. So I don't know if I feel safe. I don't feel safe in here?
Speaker 2: Man, Wow, Wow, what's wrong? Just don't I just don't feel safe? Mental health okay, yeah, you're right this morning, I'm feeling okay this morning.
Speaker 3: You need a break?
Speaker 2: What's the matter? You know?
Speaker 8: Hug?
Speaker 2: I don't want to hug you.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hug?
Speaker 2: It will scare me. I don't want to hug you. I'm scared. I don't want to hug sugarl like sugar, sugar like. I don't want to hug sugar.
Speaker 7: You don't feel safe because you'd be bringing people up, paying for interviews. They ain't got no business being up here. Right down, Eddie show right, Eddie? What's all we got?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 6: This is what Drake for me and that is no Drinke Drakes drakeson single comes out at twelve noon.
Speaker 2: But this is all for Diddy's Album's okay? Another one of me? Who's on this one?
Speaker 4: I forgot the weekend, the fun It's the weekend the weekend is twenty one to have the fresh Montana.
Speaker 2: This breaking hard.
Speaker 4: Not just say jo twenty one slid on this, I thought, he said, twenty one slid on this bottle.
Speaker 6: Right, check it out. Diddy's gonna joining us in a little bit. It's the breakfast club come morning.
Speaker 2: That's hard. That's Diddy.
Speaker 6: The Love Album is out today. We're gonna be talking to Diddy a little bit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We don't get a twenty one salvage, you know, freda min whut the ball of twenty one savages when you try to find you anywhy break You call me anything you want, but don't call me bank.
Speaker 3: He said, around the hood, Like what do you say.
Speaker 2: Old mama been around the hood like the ice cream. But we are the breakfast club. Jes hilarious to say, let's.
Speaker 6: Get in some front page news, morn and tears, Happy Friday.
Speaker 9: Happy Friday, DJ in between jess hilarious, Charlemagne, the gods.
Speaker 6: All right, let's jump right in. Hunter Biden and died it on federal gun charges.
Speaker 9: Huh yeah, looks like Hunter Biden. It's definitely a lot of folks have been waiting on this. Federal prosecutors having died at the son of President Joe Biden Hunter Biden on gun charges. Now, this historic indictment against the son of a sitting president comes after a plea deal that may have ended a year's long probe into Hunter Biden fell apart. We covered it here on the front page News and just as House Republicans has launched the impeachment inquiry on his dad in an effort to seek bank wrekers and other documents from the President and the son. I want you to take a listen to the charges and also check out Trump's reaction.
Speaker 10: Hunter Biden is the first son of a president ever to face prosecution from the Justice Department. The three charges include lying on an ETF form about drug use while buying a firearm in twenty eighteen, lying to a federally licensed gun dealer, and illegally possessing a gun while addicted to drugs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think there's no question about it. He had a plea deal that was the deal of the century.
Speaker 2: The art of the deal.
Speaker 11: You could write a book on it, the art of the deal. And all of a sudden that was broken up by a judge who was able to bring a judge actually who was able to see through what was happening, and it's a sad situation. I mean, nobody should be happy about.
Speaker 2: This, hey man, nobody is above the law.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter if you're a former president or the president's son. You anything until proven guilty. But you know, I have no problem with law enforcement doing their job.
Speaker 9: I certainly don't tell it to the judge. Do you believe that Trump is not happy about it? That nobody should be happy about this?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't hear the gotta hear him.
Speaker 4: I got to hear the contact why he said that, you know, But I do wonder does the GOP feel like the DJ is a you know, still corrupt or they just corrupt when they don't want facing legal legal charges.
Speaker 2: And if he's convicted, how much time to l weally get?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well, and speaking of that, this is the special council that is over this case is a Trump in appointee, David Weiss. He also headed the investigation of two of the counts and to carry a maximum prison sentence of up to ten years, while the third has a maximum of five years. So each count also carries a maximum fine of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So again historic.
Speaker 9: You have a former sitting president that is going through indictments and the son of a president that also was in dyt.
Speaker 4: So I'm all of fairness and balance. Nobody is above the loss, nobody in the budget law. So you know it don't matter to me what side they on. If they feel like they need to bring charges against them for whatever reasons, do your job, all.
Speaker 2: Right, tell it to the judge.
Speaker 6: Well, that is front page news. Now, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now. It's a Friday, and did he's gonna be joining us in a little bit. It's the Breakfast Lug the morning.
Speaker 13: The Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 14: Hi's Obi on? Who Obi?
Speaker 2: Ohmar Obi?
Speaker 15: Omah?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Hi dad?
Speaker 1: Hey girl?
Speaker 3: How you doing girl?
Speaker 12: I'm good.
Speaker 14: I'm so happy that you're on there.
Speaker 2: What's up? Obi on?
Speaker 16: What's up?
Speaker 14: And are you ready for tomorrow?
Speaker 2: What's tomorrow? Boy? You stupid?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: He really stupid? Really doesn't, are you big dumb?
Speaker 6: I don't know what's what's going the morning?
Speaker 2: He been talking about it every week.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I started.
Speaker 2: He started the show talking about it. Yes, no control of the show. But I didn't know what she was talking about.
Speaker 6: She say sports because tomorrow morning I had to do something for poor patrol.
Speaker 2: Bring on kids.
Speaker 6: Dat HBCU Classic or she talking.
Speaker 2: About the after party? Uh? What she knows about your kids for patrol?
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a whole big port patrol at least tomorrow. I heard you talk about that. You're talking about the HBC inte you, that's why. But I've heard you talk about the HBC n YU Classic.
Speaker 2: Just talk about it you Yes, I am ready tomorrow? Are you ready for tomorrow?
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 18: I want to shout out Albert and Andrews. After they heard you call the first time, they really looked out for my organization and you know, work for me to get some tickets so I can get some people from the community to come up.
Speaker 2: That is so dope.
Speaker 6: Yet a classic is tomorrow three o'clock More House versus Albany State. Uh and uh like I said, we're inviting all the HBCUs, not just Albaney State and more House.
Speaker 2: So it's it's been a week of great things.
Speaker 6: Tonight is actually the step show, which I'm excited about in Jersey. So it's it's it's bringing the HBC experience to the Tri State area and I love it.
Speaker 2: So there's still some tickets available.
Speaker 6: And then after it's the after party at the Dream Bar in the American Dream Mall.
Speaker 2: So we're inviting all the virgos to come on.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Mom, I'm sorry, I shut up. You're taking my call. Tip.
Speaker 14: I can't be at your mental health event because I'll be out of the country.
Speaker 12: But I don't know if you have to give.
Speaker 14: Them some thoughts to the idea of time to volunteers like I mentioned before.
Speaker 17: But.
Speaker 1: You do, oh yeah, yeah absolutely, And.
Speaker 12: Jess, I love you.
Speaker 14: I think I feel like one day I want to have you on a watch her wind.
Speaker 12: That's my that's my woman.
Speaker 3: Intolerance Organization, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 11: That the day.
Speaker 14: And the Envy and Charley Another followed I did.
Speaker 3: Actually follow that's amazing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so you don't have a.
Speaker 2: Bid on me, And then I knew we should hug up on you.
Speaker 14: Art scholarship in the name of my dad scholarship. Uh watch her when you your or it's for artists. It's funded by me personally out on my own pocket. So I need people to apply. People apply, so if anybody is interested, they can follow watch your whims learn more about that scholarship so I can help out some.
Speaker 2: Artists and can people donate to the scholarship.
Speaker 14: People can donate. You try to donate, but you oh I forgot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got that complicated thing that make you pay monthly scripture.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 16: You have stopped students to We don't even do that.
Speaker 12: Stop saving you don't even do that.
Speaker 17: Stop phiving emails, you little man, so you can just have no issue.
Speaker 4: Send it to me again right now. No, send it to me again right now. I'm gonna try. I don't remember getting the link, but send it to me right now. Yeah, let them suscribe and I'll just give it out money. Yeah, email it to me. I'm gonna do something right now like I tried to do before. But you want me to take a month.
Speaker 3: I love y'all, love it too.
Speaker 2: I'll see them, aw girl, I see.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow all right, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: If you need Devin, hit us up now.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast clubs some new Is.
Speaker 2: It your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Wait up, whether you're mad or blasted something to get up and get something.
Speaker 13: Call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this show?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 2: Get off your chest?
Speaker 16: What's up?
Speaker 8: Man? I know you'll coming on the shoulder daytime. Man, Texting, email is face Book, Instagram, real rat y'all laugh.
Speaker 4: Now the way you try to contact him, like you really think? Did he be checking his own Now? I keep doing it, Keep like did he be on his own his own Facebook?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Lying Sugarlight is lying in I know, but tell the people to check it.
Speaker 8: I know you got people that work for him coming looking for that man. I got artist that fired for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll let him know. He got two labels right now? You got bad boys still.
Speaker 15: And you got a low of love?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Yea?
Speaker 12: Everything that you want to Bob mellow.
Speaker 2: Mellow, what's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 11: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 12: What's up? Uncle Schla? How you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 12: It's amazing, Sugar, so listening before I get figure in, can we drop with fo Boston night with her?
Speaker 2: It's tonight.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're going mellow of course, Okay, but.
Speaker 12: Hear me out because now I'm about to get ignan. First off, Envy, you are not shaking that thing, sugar Light, like that.
Speaker 2: Is you, sug That's right, is sugar Light.
Speaker 4: That's his name from now on, No, don't address him. It's nothing else, sugar Light.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 12: I'm not gonna we missed you when you have the neplus and the face, the deer.
Speaker 2: Description. I'm not gonna lie. Things haven't been the same since you let go to Beijing. King.
Speaker 4: Look, you might need to bring it back a little calmer when you had the fake face.
Speaker 19: I'm calm now right now, met the crib at the.
Speaker 7: My God, it's time for get on live about you, Mellow?
Speaker 1: What more do you want from me?
Speaker 4: Shop man? Pray for people. Pray for people, Mellow, Okay, pray for people. Pray for Envy's bid, Pray for Tyros Sugar Sugarlight. That's right, pray for sugarlight. Goodbye, Mellow.
Speaker 2: You have a very man.
Speaker 3: Got around y'all know him. Yet, that's somebody y'all know.
Speaker 2: Let me try to get to you last week.
Speaker 3: No, I thought that was sewn sewing.
Speaker 2: That was Mellow too. Mellow tried high that to you. Get him too.
Speaker 3: I'm getting ornate.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one o five one. When we come back. We got your room report. What we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Sexy Reds video shoot shot up allegedly.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast slug. Good morning, the Breakfast club this morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is d J n V, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Just Hilarius says here, and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 1: Here's this real, just robber lord. Just don't do no line.
Speaker 2: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 3: I don't do that fact just.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Shots reportedly fired as Sexy Reds video shoot. So there was a fatal shooting in Florida last night near a set of Sexy Reds video shoot for her song Shaky Dreads. Now I'm glad that you always says allegedly because it wasn't actually her video shoot that was shot up.
Speaker 3: It happened right across the street at a gas station.
Speaker 7: Somebody did lose their life, but everybody at Sexy Reds video shoot was safe.
Speaker 3: It wasn't her actual video shoot.
Speaker 7: And she did hop online to send her condolences to the family of the man who lost his life, and and she said that they did finish the photo shoot, I mean the shoot at a different location, and everyone from our set went home safely.
Speaker 15: Period.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I understand that these outlets attached celebrity to stories like that because he increases engagement. Yeah, that's literally all of this. Yeah, there's a celebrity within a two three block radius. They gonna say, oh, it just happened, that's such a such video shoot.
Speaker 3: In the concert or all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I am happy that she's okay, and I am definitely sending my condolences out to the guys, well the guy's family as well. Speaking of condolences, Tyrese had a lot more to say. Please he did respond. I guess, well, I don't. It's not even responding anymore at this point. He's just you know, going and going to Charlemagne Police. He's just going and going, and I just I it just won't end.
Speaker 3: It's never ending. It's it's a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say this. I don't need you to say. I thought it was over when he was up.
Speaker 2: Oh my conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said he didn't remember because of the psychments.
Speaker 2: Now he remembers. So I just want to say, God.
Speaker 3: Blessed Tyres, absolutely, thank you, just send them healing.
Speaker 6: It just God blessed tyresnutes.
Speaker 4: We spoke, we laughed, we shook hands. Whatever y'all didn't discuss with each other shouldn't be discussed on way.
Speaker 7: Are you talking, because we don't need you to say anything of trouble man, you know what I'm saying. If you ain't had to say twenty seconds ago, don't.
Speaker 6: Say we had the conversation and it's just and.
Speaker 2: And it was over.
Speaker 6: And I guess he got back and read the comments and like what they said. And it gets to the point, God blessed Tys.
Speaker 7: So we just have to uplift him and continue to keep praying for him, because you just pray for people like that.
Speaker 15: That's all we do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems like he's going through stuff. So God bless him, Yes, God, God bless them.
Speaker 2: What do you say? Healing Energy show.
Speaker 7: Healing Energy, don't call me? And other and other news. Tiffany chases Shakira. So Tiffany chases Shaka. It's a video going viral with Tiffany had is trying to get Shakira's attention backstage at the vm AS. But you know, it was a lot going on because now, obviously she is a big fan of Shakira, and who isn't you know, But she was really really trying to look other than you, you don't even count brother whatever. She wanted a picture with Shakira, very very bad, you know, And she was following this lady. We actually have audio. You can hear it clearly.
Speaker 5: Stopping for you to turn around.
Speaker 2: Ain't that's a song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 17: That that yeah, Hips Don't Lie?
Speaker 2: Is her?
Speaker 3: No, that's why cleff I think.
Speaker 2: It alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's not that. Shakira'skara is from Hips Don't Lie. Then, yeah, she was saying Shakira. Now, she was following her, and you can tell even in shut up, you can tell even when Shakira is walking she does not want to stop for her. She i don't know if she knew who it was, but if somebody is running, if you're walking and somebody's.
Speaker 3: Shinny sha any, you know, and and and she seemed very annoyed.
Speaker 7: And even in the pictures when Shakira was on the VMA red carpet or black carpet is you know, but she was posing with her awards, and Tiffany jumped in her picture, even when she was trying.
Speaker 3: To take a picture by herself.
Speaker 7: And Shakira was even nice enough to let her take a picture with her, you know, her and Carol G. This is a picture where she actually snuck in it, and you can actually she puts her chin on Carol G's shoulder and you can tell, you know, she is a little bit of discomfort, like just uncomfortable, like who is what is going on?
Speaker 3: But Tiffany don't care.
Speaker 7: And she's a big fan, a big fan of She did get the picture and everything.
Speaker 3: But my thing is.
Speaker 2: What if she carry took her phone by accident, tiff just trying to get her phone up.
Speaker 7: Who is with Tiffany when these things happen? I just be like, yo, I know she's a grown woman. Everybody's so she's a grown woman. She do what she wants. She like, don't she she she's a grown woman. Okay, fine, but everybody, I feel like that, there's no pr team, there's no no assistant.
Speaker 3: There's Tiffany, come on, come on, come on over here. Yeah, yeah, and that's my girl.
Speaker 2: But it's like you have pulled her to the side.
Speaker 7: And whether she would have snatched away from me because you know how crazy Tiffany is.
Speaker 3: It's just still come on.
Speaker 2: Yo, chill out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's gonna be And that's and that's what we can all. That's what we can always say. She's always herself. But yeah, I'd just be like, chill out.
Speaker 2: I think she cared took her phone by accident.
Speaker 3: No last story. Last story.
Speaker 7: Whoopi Goldberg shocks Alyssa Farrah Griffin by asking her if she's pregnant randomly in the middle a topic they're discussing on the show.
Speaker 3: For me has been to watch the disregard for people.
Speaker 15: Are you pregnant?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 2: I can't say that when here? Why do I look pregnant? Like did she stand up?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, she didn't know. It was nothing.
Speaker 7: They were actually an accompass in the middle of talking about Mitt Romney and then what we stopped and asked her what she pregnant? Now, the ladies mother in law was in the audience or whatever, and she's already pressuring her and her son to the baby.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, so and and she was like, do I look pregnant? And we go b It was like, no, it's just a glow that you have.
Speaker 7: But what we go berg remind me of like one of them black mothers who know what's going on and just ask you. Because my mother straight asked me was I pregnant? Before I even got to tell her, just like that. But we weren't on a talk show, and my mom is not my my co host, Like I think that was inappropriate for her to say that.
Speaker 4: She said, as you said, she's a black mother and grandmother. She's sixty seven years old. She can't even really talk to this person until she get this out of her mind talking to you.
Speaker 3: About understand pregnant? But just on national TV? And the why are you already talking to me about myth man?
Speaker 2: Will we go?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: She's sixty seven years old, she's been around.
Speaker 3: Oh so she get a pass for doing that?
Speaker 2: Yes? And so when we when we get to that. Oh no, no, no, no no, they think we kind of reckless.
Speaker 6: Now I'll tell you what I think. That's the one thing I'll never ask a woman ever. I did one time and she wasn't yes, and I will never again in life ask a woman if she's pregnant for a man to do anything.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I was like, congratulations, and she was like, oh.
Speaker 3: No, you're pregab like no, I just ate, like, don't play when oh my god, just ate could.
Speaker 4: Have just gained some weight, and even even worse, some women have been trying to can't you say some stuff like that?
Speaker 6: Then not knowing was going, yeah, you never never, but you didn't know. That is a long time ago. But I always tell that story. So I just tell brothers out there, don't even asks even if you don't.
Speaker 7: But I think that was inappropriate for we go work to do that there and then and then like proceeded. Listen, man, all you're pregnant all right? Anyway, anyway, Romney was.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, you don't just do that.
Speaker 2: It was so awkward.
Speaker 6: After that, y'all got to watch the episode. Now, gosh, well that is just with the mess, all right. When we come back, we got front page news and then Diddy will be joining us.
Speaker 2: It don't move.
Speaker 20: It's the breakfast club on b et the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Hiring isn't she with new highest costing almost five thousand dollars. You want to get it right?
Speaker 4: Four out of five employees on zip recruiter get a quality candidate on the first day.
Speaker 2: Get hiring right. Go to ZipRecruiter dot com flash Breakfast to try zip recruiter for free. Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is j n V. Charlamagne the God Jess hilarious. We are the breakfast Club. Hey, test and figure out.
Speaker 2: Let's getting some front page nuds. Whatever is morning?
Speaker 9: DJ Evey, Happy Friday, jes the Queen of the breakfast Club for anybody who's wondering.
Speaker 2: And Charlemagne to God befa. Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Seattle police without for Seattle police.
Speaker 16: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 9: Seattle police union rank and file leaders are under investigation after an officer was recorded on his body camera appearing to make light let me not say that, not appearing.
Speaker 16: He was making light of the death of a woman who was killed by another officer earlier this year. Saying that she had limited value. Now listen closely, guys.
Speaker 9: The person that you are about to listen to is the vice president of the Seattle Police Officers Guild, and he was talking to the president of the Guilt.
Speaker 16: So take a listen to what leaders.
Speaker 9: Of the police, the Police Guild, what they sound like, even when they know somebody could be listening, because they obviously had their body cameraw.
Speaker 16: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 15: I think she went up on the hood, hit the windshield, then when he hit the brakes, flew.
Speaker 16: Off the car.
Speaker 21: Candula, a twenty three year old grad student, was crossing the street when she was struck by a patrol car reportedly going more than sixty and a twenty five mile in hour zone. Responding to a call.
Speaker 2: It does not seem like there's a criminal investigation going on.
Speaker 21: Arderer, who serves as vice president of the Seattle Police Officers Skilled which on the phone with guild president Mike Salon, recorded on body camp. Only Hodor's portion of the call is audible, but later he appears to joke about settling with the victim's family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just write a check eleven thousand dollars. She was twenty six anyway, she had limited value. What does that mean? Why does she Why did he say she had limited values because she was twenty six? I don't get it. Basically.
Speaker 16: I don't do it either, because every life has value.
Speaker 9: But basically what he's saying is, oh, you know, she wasn't worth much, so just you know, write her check and just be done with it, because her life was not value. And to make a point of that, when civil suits are when they're suing to say, you know, how much is is this person's life value? I know it sounds cold, but there is a thing with that. Like for example, Brehonna Taylor got the highest settlement ever, you know, for a black woman, because they just don't value it in in a monetary way. So she got a twelvey dollars settlement. And so what he's basically saying is, oh, yeah, just write a check, you know, just give a little bit of something because she doesn't have much value. She's not worth anything according to this police officer. But again I want to make a point. This is the leaders of the police guild. So this is how the leadership is. We always talk about how you know, stars at the head. When the head is right, think about all of the police officers that are under these guys and how they feel about murdering somebody. That's what I think is really important to know about this story.
Speaker 3: Oh go, so now what happens?
Speaker 9: So now they're doing an investigation. There is an oversight agency. They're investigating the context in which this statement was made. I don't know how much more context ran to hear, but they're going to decide if any policies have been violated. But the reality of it is is probably no policies have been violating because they just made a verbal statement. So I'm sure there's probably nothing on the books, you know, that can get these guys in some type of disciplinary trouble. But I think this is certainly worth calling for, at least their positions as president and vice president.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw Sean King post yesterday that this cop he's been the subject of eighteen investigation since twenty fourteen. He's cost the city over two million dollars and lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Wow, yep, that's right.
Speaker 9: And I was going, I'm glad you brought that up, Charla Mane, because let's take a look and see, you know, what else has this office been associated with. You're absolutely right, and that's usually what we find and we start digging into their record.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Now, task what's going on on your podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 16: Wanted to end on a positive note of this week.
Speaker 9: On the Straight Shop No Chaser podcast on the Black Epei Podcast Network, I interviewed George White.
Speaker 16: He is a motivational speaker.
Speaker 9: You know, obviously I cover a lot of politics and news on my podcast, but every now and then I'm just you know, I want to do something to kind of pour back into you guys.
Speaker 16: And you probably have heard him before. Let's take a quick Listen.
Speaker 5: God chose you, so you're gonna have to fight more, You're gonna have to do more, You're gonna have to overcome more, but you gonna receive. You gonna receive more. You who your blood live've been waiting for. And God told you because he knows he can trust you. He knows he can trust you. He know you will keep faith when things go bad. He know you that you want retaliate what people do evil gets you.
Speaker 2: He knows that you won't be conformed to this world.
Speaker 5: But you'll be transformed by the renewing of your mind, by the renewed to your mind.
Speaker 2: Because you almost big dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, big dog.
Speaker 16: So yeah, check that out.
Speaker 9: Shout out to Dwayne Uh, my producer that stayed up through the night to make sure we had that ready this morning. But just some good motivational stuff, you know, I when we're charged with, you know, having to get up every day and you know, keep keep a smile on your face no matter what it is that you're going through.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 9: This guy is somebody that I believe can motivate the motivators or you know, keep folks laughing.
Speaker 16: A lot of people in the industry.
Speaker 9: Matter of fact, Steve Harvey talking about him earlier this week on his show, and I had already had him scheduled to come on my show. So he's just touching a lot of lives. And I wanted to tell people to tap me in in here. What motivates the man who motivates so.
Speaker 4: Many Well, brother man, he makes me think of that quote of the annoying attracts the favor of God, but it also makes us a.
Speaker 2: Target of the enemy. That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Make sure you follow tis on all social media platforms at tesling, figure o man, and go out check out that podcast on the Black Effect.
Speaker 2: iHeart radio podcast networks. It's straight shot, no chases of podcast from tesling. Figure out all.
Speaker 6: Right now when we come back, Diddy, what be joining us? His album is out to today, Love album off the Gridded. We're gonna kick it with love when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Only blessed especially today the album's coming out.
Speaker 2: Being able to.
Speaker 1: Just make music Man for thirty years, thirty years like a I feel, that's just just very blessed and filled with the spirits. So good morning to all. God bless your morning.
Speaker 2: Can you tell you something Man album? Thank you, thank you very much. It's very very very very proper.
Speaker 6: I was telling him that before they walk ind you jump back into music with everything amazing, from Revolt to the liquor to everything. What says I want to get back on the road, back to touring, back to making music. What puts you back into that mind frame the.
Speaker 2: Thing that got me into it, which was the love.
Speaker 1: When I started making music, I didn't make music okay, like this is a hustle to make money. I did what I felt, you know, and I did like just what I loved. I say to people, now, it's not about streams. For me, I don't want streams. I want souls.
Speaker 2: I want to give you that.
Speaker 1: Feeling that's missing. There is a feeling missing. We are in a dark frequency. I'm blessed to be able to purposely I try to push my life up into a higher frequency. I could walk in the room and let us all be down, or I could I could push us up, you know what I'm saying, or whatever it is, or if you want to frown at me, I could give you a smile and a hug.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so it's like, you know, to be able to have the power that's your music. All of my record is like kind of make you feel good. People say, like when I see your records makes me want to do the dance with my shoulders. But it makes you smile too, you know what I'm saying. And that right there was the purpose. And so for me, returning back to music was more a self love decision. You get it to a point in your life where where you have to decide, like, Okay, what do I want to do that makes me happy? And what really makes me happy is my art? Making music.
Speaker 7: So stepping away from music for seventeen years, it didn't make you nervous a little bit without those new artists and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I don't really get nervous. I live in a real fearless zone, you know what I'm saying. Stepping back into it, I'm real confident on like me being a producer. I don't make beats, you know what I'm saying. Like I produce, you know what I'm saying. But the crazy part about it, I don't playing any instruments. I don't program the sounds that I hear in my head. I know how to really explain what's the frequency that I want. So me getting back into it, I felt like joining getting back into basketball. As far as making R and B is or. It was like making hip hop, soul and all the different you know, the sounds that I have. So when I came back into it, I came back into it it really really excited because I knew I was ready to step back into what they call a full full circle. So I went back into like Puffy the producer. Just like the first time. You may have had two turntables and the first time you learned your first dance or whatever you told your first joke.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It returned me back to that like a and so my first record I produced was Come and Talk to Me by.
Speaker 2: Joeys the Remix.
Speaker 1: And so when I started making these records, it was feeling like that I had to return, like back to the basement, the basement producer. It was just me and there and just I'm an orchestrator, so I hear all sounds. I hear all sounds from the vocal, how the vocal should be presented. It's like being a director of a movie. You know what I'm saying. I may not be in there actually doing the scene, but I'm directing the movie. And I have a special talent as far as like directing sonics. In the way thing is, it's almost like even Quincy Jones. Quincy Jones is more of an orchestrator. All of the live musicians and everything he did. He didn't go and play every instrument that was the drum machine at that point. Erry Gordy was an orchestrator. So I come from more of a producer experience like that. So when I'm in there with a Mary J.
Speaker 2: Bijra.
Speaker 1: I'm in there with a week and I have something to say. I'm not just watching them do a thing. I'm not sending it over. What if I'm in the studio actually creating and molding and shaping.
Speaker 2: The sonic sound.
Speaker 1: And so my thing has always been collaboration. But my sound, no matter what producers I work with, my sound sounds like my sound. When you hear it, it sounds exactly like my sound. But I've just been a little bit more open about no one man can do everything. Every last producer has had a team. You know, Motown had the Funk Brothers, I've had the Hitmen, and so a lot of times, people, you know, don't believe that I could actually be good at this many things. That's why I have the receipts. I've been filming myself since I was nineteen years old. You see me in the studio producing with people, and you know, I don't have nothing to prove to anybody that says anything but the feeling that I've given you for over thirty years, given your mama this feeling, and I've given it to you and it feels good.
Speaker 2: Take that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's impossible he'sible, Yeah, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask how much influence does your son have on you?
Speaker 6: And the reason I asked that I seen him at the BET Awards and I was asking him about is it a competition?
Speaker 2: At first he said no, and then he said no, no, no, this is a competition.
Speaker 6: I want to make records better than my dad, and my dad's trying to make records better than me. So I said, well, how does that work with picking beats? And he was like, I have to grab the beats before my dad. So is it a competition? And how much influence does your son have on you making records?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't really let anybody influence me on on making a record. I'm definitely not in a competition with my son, you know. But it's a blessing to actually be like the first father son duo, you know what I'm saying. Like, and we take pride in that, you know what I'm saying, We all.
Speaker 2: Like Jojo.
Speaker 1: The first to have a number one record, forget the first, And it's no disrespect to nobody. We're just saying respectfully. We're saying respectfully to all the other father son teams that me and my son. We won the championship. We had number one.
Speaker 2: Records together and that saw. It's just proud dad.
Speaker 1: It's not saying nothing, it's not It's just when we have the narrative, sometimes y'all be forgetting about the Diddy history. You know what I'm saying you sometimes we forget who invented certain things. Now, I'm not going to be defensive. I'm just gonna state facts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, he enroll them out.
Speaker 1: Then the first to have a number one together together, that's it's very hard to have a kid and have that kid to have success. That kid has to fight through so much stuff because and those kids had to fight through a lot of different things. You got to fight through their father. H Yeah, we're not talking about the first. We were talking about the father's son team to play together, you know what I'm saying and win a championship and that's me and King comes and I take a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 7: And then speaking of King Colmes, would you ever give the blessing for him to do your bio pick because that's that's a biopick. I would want to be in for one, but I would want to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean, he's me. I know that he'd be able to do it. You know what I'm saying, I definitely give him, give him my blessing because I mean, he'd be biopicking me. Now I'm looking at him, I'm on stage the other night, and you got to understand how like much of a blessing this is, y'all like like like like I know y'all as on their personalities. I'm just telling y'all like it's human beings to be able to see how you love your kids, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I know everybody loves their.
Speaker 1: Family, but to be on stage with him and be looking at him from what he wanted to be at four years old and really like doing stuff, and then the other night with my girls like this is like it's a blessing to see him keep fighting every day because as a combs, we gotta fight through a lot of hate. It's just it's all right, we can handle it. Yes, yeah, whom is giving you know much as expected, and we respect that. But it's all right for y'all to start loving me. Okay, it's about it's about time. Yes, yes, my teeth everything, you know what I'm saying everything is fresh. I could I swear I'm stronger. I'm like, I don't know. It's beyond Benjamin Button. We like an ip man or something.
Speaker 6: Literally, we got more with Diddy when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Everybody's DJ n V. Charlamage to God, Jess Hilarius. We all the Breakfast Club were still here with Diddy, Charlamagne.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you Why didn't you have any form of bad boy artists perform on stage with you at the VMAs for such an iconic moment.
Speaker 1: It was more like I wanted to. I did them metally so much with everybody. We had so many different iconic moments. That was me as an artist. You know a lot of people forget how many number one records I have as an artist. It was just really like I wanted to give people something different. I didn't give them Keisha Cole. Really I wanted to give him the present. Me and Young I had wanted me and Mace to do something, but the schedule that didn't that didn't like work out, and it was just like a that's that's all that was. I just wanted to have like something that was different, So I thought me and Mace would have been different, you know what I'm saying. So every time I come out, I'm trying to give y'all something like different in an award show performance, because to be honest, I do a lot of award shows. The way God wanted to work out me doing more money with my son was the greatest gift to that I could have ever ever experienced, you know what I'm saying. You know, but I'm always going to be performing with the bad Boy artists, you know what I'm saying, and doing things with them as I always have, you know, and then they've always there are always a phone call away. And also I just want also wanted people also to understand, like you know that, you know, I got a good forty five minutes straight a bangers just by myself on stage, you know what I'm saying, Like like I go to Yeah, nobody should be afraid because it's all love. But you know what I'm saying, it's a lot of hits, you know what I'm saying. So I did want to say that because I'm about to jump out here on tour and stuff like that, and you could come see me and have a great time if I'm just by myself too.
Speaker 6: You mention all the artists you mentioned Mace, and recently you said that you are giving the artists back their publishing. Yeah, what made you decide to do that? And did you speak to that every artist when you did it or how did that happen?
Speaker 2: How did that work? Break that down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I when I had went and called out the Grammys, I also had to make sure that I had also looked from within. Once you start like asking for change in the squall, you you have to look within and be a part of that change. So this actually was done two years ago, and it was it was more of me evolving as a businessman, you know, a person that really wants change in the world and progress most importantly, because you can have change but not progress. And it was the right thing to do, you know what I'm saying that it was the right thing to do in this the frequency that I'm in, and it's the love frequency.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for like these people that have helped me.
Speaker 1: With all of these records, everybody, if there's anything you know, just just doing the right thing, that's just with the frequency that I'm in. I think the frequency we should all be in. If you have a chance to do the right thing, why wouldn't you do the right thing? You know what I'm saying. And that's the world that I want to live in. And so you know what I'm saying, I want to be that change that I that I want.
Speaker 4: The giving back to publishing, fix any damage relationships that you might have had.
Speaker 1: I wasn't this so many misconceptions that people think they know what's going on. I never I didn't have no problems with people.
Speaker 2: Mace, me and me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, A major with me and Mace and Me and Max, we brothers, and may I got unconditional love for me, So me and Masa. I don't know if me and Mason stopped arguing now or something like that, but I'm gonna still love Mace. I give him thanks for like really helping to really launch my career as an artist, and you know, was there with me from the beginning and stuff like that. Even though if I didn't agree with Mace, he was a catalyst for me to look from within, you know what I'm saying. And so sometimes somebody that you may not agree with or something you don't think is good. God uses like certain situations, even if something's like yo, where did that come from? That's your left field, you know what I'm saying. And so I just get into right now with God telling me to do so there's a clarity. So it's really at a point you get to a point in life, especially me as a successful businessman, where you pick purpose over profit. And that's kind of the season that I'm in to really really be a part of this radical change.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I like this, did he did you really turned down a nine figure deal for the publisher? Yeah?
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 17: It was.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say turned it down, as I said, you know what I'm saying. It really wasn't an option, you know what I'm saying as far as because it was just at the time that I was getting it, I was just I wasn't really even wanting to sell nothing. But I was just like, man, these people are getting people getting a lot of money out here. And I was like, you know, if anytime, this is the time that that you know, because the people will offer him so much money for catalogs. It was just it was a time where I just went in It was like shopped a little bit. Nah Na, It wasn't shopped as people were calling us. So it was something that, you know what I'm saying, something that you definitely consider chain of events. Just had me really was just like, man, I need to just you know, call all the artists they need and all the writers. I'm saying this, this is a this is a time, you know what I'm saying to not just Andre Rrell was telling me, don't just talk love be love, and so he's like, this is a time just to do and listen to what God is telling you to do and using.
Speaker 2: So now we open up to talk about the hour. You know what today is? Today is did he day? Did today?
Speaker 1: He self proclaimed did he?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 3: They want to drink in one episode just love? Yeah, and speaking of love, my favorite songe is what's love?
Speaker 17: I do?
Speaker 3: Like that and deliver me number.
Speaker 1: Two or three just in case you yeah that dirty Money we back yeah, in effect making some you know, beautiful train music as I call that.
Speaker 2: What made you go back to that? What made you want to reconnect with Dirty Money? This honestly was.
Speaker 1: A record that it's j Diller. I got a chance, Buster brought me this. Jay Diller joint, and I was like, y'all get a chance, even though Jay Diller's not here to actually do produce a record with Jay dillar. So now I put the music on top of a Jay Deler beat and dirty money.
Speaker 2: We were doing it.
Speaker 1: And at first we were doing it, Bustle was like, let me get that joint, and I was like, he never used it. Then when I was putting this project together, there's certain songs that I did a long time ago, and then you not to ask girls if they wanted to be a part of and they was like, yeah, just like that's a record called Deliver Me and busses on that and Dirty Moneys on that, and that's our first record in thirteen years. And then I would say one of me I did eight years ago, another one of me, yeah, then another one of me.
Speaker 4: I can say eight years ago I did record the Weekend record with twenty one in French. Yeah, I can say that's his last collaboration. Yeah, yeah, something, Yeah, that's the Weekend. This is his last feature. And you know, I think we we you know, we we we loved the Weekend on his features. The Weekend always does a dope feature.
Speaker 1: So I'm definitely honed. You know what I'm saying. You know, I really love him as an artist. Everybody on this album, it's like, I'm fans it is.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really fans it is, and really love their voices. Like when I made the album, it wasn't okay, let me get this person because they have this type of these type of streams. It was like I wanted to tell my love story, you know, I wanted to be able to utilize these voices to translate my feelings, you know, saying purposely was on there where you could get your stroke onto it. This is for the strokers, you know what I'm saying. A lot of casts they be they like the rabbit style. You know what I'm saying this this, this is for the strokers. You know what I'm saying, Casts that like to really make love to your woman. Your woman like to make love to you, look deep in her eyes and it's the stroke.
Speaker 2: How long should the stroke?
Speaker 1: Stroke should be? You should kind of about the second or you just no, No, it's more of a rhythm thing, you know what I'm saying. It's more of a feeling though. You know what I'm saying, but it's just not like a let me just you know what I'm saying. You could you could throw that in there as like a song tempo change, but it's like, you know, it's like, you know what I'm saying, You can do that right, Like, but if that's your only go to you know what I'm saying that that's not the frequency of love that we're talking about.
Speaker 5: This is that R and B.
Speaker 1: This is that this soul taking time, beg your girl will come back, you know how you lay it down.
Speaker 15: I got three records that have stay in it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because because that's my life, I'm always like, oh man, baby, can you just stay?
Speaker 5: Don't leave me?
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: So it's just like the way you make love when you're trying to get your girl to stay. It's different, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, it's off the grid experience. Go off the grid with your girl, Bring the album your girl, you meant whatever you're into, nobody's judging.
Speaker 2: Just go off the grid.
Speaker 1: Wooman like like how you doing, how you feel like getting into their brain? They sold their mind and this is the music that you can have in the background.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, all Right, we got more with Diddy when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, everybody, eat all the Breakfast Club, dj MV show, The Mean, the God Jess hilarious. We're still kicking it with Diddy. That one time you were thinking about buying purchasing BT got revoked. So while was BT, Yeah, you know, I really I wanted to look at it.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no way to go unless you really kind of you know, go into acquisitions, you know what I'm saying. So right now I'm really looking heavy on acquisitions and really building the world's biggest black media company.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm on my second mountain. I really feel like I'm just beginning in my career. I feel like my my my purpose is sharpened, you know, and and I've gone from me to we. So it's like, you know, the things that I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Are really really big moves. You know, I want to really take over Disney. You feel me.
Speaker 1: I want us because I know there's gonna be a shift. I know there's gonna be a change. I know the alien's coming. I know that you know, the last shall be first, first shall be last. I'm not gonna be sitting here surprised. I'm gonna be ready. You know what I'm saying as far as is how big and how bold my thinking is. And so you know, looking at where I have Revolt and and where Revolt is at now, it's like one of the most profitable networks that are that are out there. We was able to pass, you know, as far as our digital footprint, you know, past.
Speaker 2: Complex that was a big thing for us.
Speaker 1: When we started, we didn't really own our own culture and so now Revolt has really stepped into that, you know, to that position. So I was looking at BT and after when you looking at buying the company, you got to do your due diligence to see if it if it fits your strategy. And so even before they decided not to sell it, it didn't make sense to me. So I basically had told him before that, but I didn't make an announcement about it because it really wasn't about that.
Speaker 3: So speaking of Revolt being a place where you can go and.
Speaker 1: This is our tip anniversary of revolte yall tip anniversary Revote. We are proud to saying, we want to think y'all officially the Breakfast Club. Y'all help to put us on the map. You know what I'm saying, y'all, help to get us in the game. We did some great things together and we're still family.
Speaker 2: And to believe in us. Yes, yes, and how many you know?
Speaker 1: That's my vision. I saw y'all and I was like, I know that they starts. They got something that's going to break the internet. Yeah, yeah, I saw y'all.
Speaker 5: That was me.
Speaker 6: I was liked, he was like, I want that camera, I want that view.
Speaker 2: I wanted to Betty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with Diddy. Is that show be trying to burn his receipts?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: But hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on hold.
Speaker 2: Everybody chill. So Diddy actually wrote the Breakfast Club. They first check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the first one to believe in them and take them.
Speaker 2: Moti TV Yeah, I mean TV.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, were talking about Anclarity income.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you too good on your Anclary income. Let me get my receipts. Take that hey man, you check than all that.
Speaker 5: Check was?
Speaker 1: It was something, it was It was a stepping stone Glorian's career. Don't skip over it because I'm a black man.
Speaker 2: I'm staring.
Speaker 1: It wasn't nobody, nobody else.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to the music.
Speaker 4: Let's get back to the mus How difficult was it to make the kim Porter record. It was extremely easy to make the kim Porter record.
Speaker 1: My desire for wanting to be in her presence somehow is a constant like thing that I yearned for, And so when I made that record, I really believe in the power of music. And so I felt like if I made that record for her, that with the intentions of her her coming to visit me in my dreams, like I have the best of both worlds. I know I can't have any physical but to be able to just be able to like like that's my dog, Like that's my friend. I wasn't just like my baby mama, my girlfriend. It was just like the only person that I listened to, you know what I'm saying. It was like my navigation and then like my navigation is off and I gotta like try to find a map. That's how crazy, like you know, you know it was, And so I was just like I really know how powerful my music is and so you know, I told Babyface the story and then I told John Legend, like, this is why I don't want to make the record for streams. The record is like you know, it's a real expression of love, a real love letter to Kim, And you know what I'm saying, It's really how my love feels. And so it was beautiful to be able to do that. And she has come and visited me in my dreams after record, Yeah, after I made that record.
Speaker 4: On the record in the middle, you say, you know, you know, Kim, I know you can hear me. Yeah, yeah, what was said in the dream if you don't mind us ask.
Speaker 1: No, we're just talking a joint in the dream. But it's a couple of times just just yeah, just just just what we do wasn't nothing. But I was saying, I know you can hear me because I'm sending the message to I'm sending that I'm sending that frequency two because I believe like there's a whole other dimension and I don't think you like look back, you know what I'm saying. But I just needed her to just just to stay that stay and come visit me.
Speaker 4: And you aren't featured on that record. It's baby facing John Legend. Was it too hard to come up with a verse, or like you didn't like anything people were giving you, or you just didn't like no words could really express what you wanted to express.
Speaker 2: I just was just doing what felt right for the stroke. You know what I'm saying. You know, like, you know if you come on, man, why would you do that?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because because I don't know where your mind is at, King, And when I'm thinking about strong, I'm thinking about my woman.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't get into none of this homophobic stuff y'all.
Speaker 14: Got going on.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't. I'm just like, yeah, I don't know, y'all could play that game.
Speaker 2: I just like, I'm just me.
Speaker 1: I'm just seeing what I'm thinking about that. I'm telling you how making the music?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm a scorpio, King, I'm a scorpio. That's that's that's that's my thing. My thing is my stroke, baby, and that's my music. That's the vibe my music is. But you the stroke, your woman. Don't don't think about my stroke. Think about your stroke on your.
Speaker 3: Like you're thinking about me, thinking about anything. And then it's like a lot going on.
Speaker 2: This is awkward.
Speaker 1: You're awkward. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Be comfortable within your comfortable without the problem. I'm very comfortable.
Speaker 4: Also in the record, in the hook, you keep saying seven days, six nights. Yeah, what's your significance of that?
Speaker 2: Very good question.
Speaker 1: So you know, before the internet, if your girl and if your girl like wanted to disappear on you shoes, man, she just go black. You be calling her mom's crab like, hey, hey, miss Porter, you know where Kim is at? Honey, I don't know where. I don't know what y'all doing. Don't put me in the middle of that da You be calling every place. You be outside, that's when stalking start.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You be outside in the car like where she asked. She definitely not there.
Speaker 2: She had a girlfriend house.
Speaker 1: She don't even know this girl, and they on the run.
Speaker 2: They're on the lamb.
Speaker 1: You all go all over the place and be six days, seven nights. I would be waiting just to hear the sound of her voices to pick up that phone. Hello, yeah, hello, That's where the six days and seven nights waiting for us sound like she was a very very like stubborn, stand strong person. It's like when she would just disappear, it was like, you don't know if it would be forever.
Speaker 2: You feel me? My brother's the extension of last night kind of then, yeah.
Speaker 1: Last night it's to her. There's a bunch of records I Need a Girl Part two.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 2: Do you regret not marrying her?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: I don't have any regrets, you know what I'm saying. Like, as I said, our relationship was bigger than just okay, this is a relationship. I got you, married, you, my girl, you, my baby mama. This like you know what I'm saying. It's like like the connection of being you know what I'm saying, And it really taught me, you know, how to love, and that's the way I love right now.
Speaker 2: So that's why I.
Speaker 1: Don't put different things in like categories like that, because I feel like, you know, the people that's going to.
Speaker 2: Really mad in your life.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna be your wife, because that's the title you put on it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's gonna be your best experience if that's you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying I will do these albums out today. Let's get into another joint. It's the Breakfast Club. Let's go Good Morning was again with Diddy. That was a joint office album. That's out right now. It's DJ MV Charlamagne Je just hilarious, still kicking it with Diddy.
Speaker 1: My brother Love, just Love. It's just love, everybody, It's just love. It's not brother Love. It's not a nineteen seventies new name. It's a modern new name. It's just love.
Speaker 3: Love, love, love love.
Speaker 1: When you see me, throw your l in the air, say love, love love love.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: After the VMAs, there was rumors that Young Miami was pregnant. She played into it.
Speaker 1: Kares should be throwing y'all for a spin. I'm telling y'all right now, kar should be having fun.
Speaker 2: It'd be like a video game.
Speaker 15: We just we just asking is you not?
Speaker 1: I mean no, no, I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 2: Is your wife pregnant?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you straight up, you mean you beat. You beat the craziest one asking about somebody's girl or personal joint. Becamet. Nobody even say nothing to you about nothing? Right, Yeah, I don't know, boy, I'm gonna tell you, man, this man, we don't. I don't talk about my relationships with nobody like that.
Speaker 2: Said asked me a question. You can ask me whatever you are.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't care, but it's not my business.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying about you and another woman.
Speaker 6: If somebody disrespects it's another level. I can't even imagine somebody disrespecting me exactly. But that's that's my feeling. That's how I feel. It's easy for people.
Speaker 2: To go online.
Speaker 17: I'm just.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Coming the Paige range was coming, the Maige rage.
Speaker 2: And mean it's going.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know if you gotta go into the love frequency, and I agree with you, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: I told him that a year, so we gotta get him out of whatever frequent. You gotta sage or something done over you, something you've definitely and then when I take it too far.
Speaker 1: Problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple more questions. What's success like in regards to this album? What would be a success for you?
Speaker 1: I always may measure success with music. If somebody's at home singing the song while you're just cleaning up the house, or you know, a card that's next to me and somebody's just in there singing it. Just for people to really really like love the music as far as and then some babies to be made and some some dances to.
Speaker 2: Be had, and you know it's it's to spawn just you know, more of this type of.
Speaker 1: You know, more like love like man, woman, man, man, woman man, whatever it is, right, whatever your love is, that feeling, bringing that feeling back and not just the toxic feeling because life needs a balance.
Speaker 7: And it's definitely album that people can enjoy each other too. Like you said, I think it's just the impact that it will have on you know, man and woman like together. It makes you want to talk to your partner, It makes you want to be like, yo, you heard this, and it's cool for a man and or you know them to have whoever you know, just to really enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I want to you know for that.
Speaker 6: You know, I love I love the music. I love what you're doing with business. But the one thing I respect about you the most is how you are with your kids. And when I look at Love or Diddy or Puff, you make the time the most because I love seeing that because I feel like a lot of times we talk about what we don't see a lot of times we don't see that enough.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I respect that the most when it comes to you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: And it's inspiring for for most that because it's like if Diddy can do it, Diddy work for Billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's like me being on the stage with them the other night. It's just like so surreal. As I said, you know what I'm saying, with my son, but with my daughters and then my daughter she's inspiring actress and just seeing seeing like man like like I did you know, I did something really good, like I really like raised them because fathers, you know, we really get like we still got this stigma on this, you know what I'm saying. And I get the same inspiration when I see your family king and be gonna have his family matching. They gonna be sitting there having like we designing the pajamas.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Doing the best Christmas card.
Speaker 2: We don't care what the car dash is doing. We got the best Christmas car. I can see all that.
Speaker 1: It has me like, yo, we gotta get you know, and be really putting it down on this. In Mexico, they got all the same you know what I'm saying, So it's all it all goes around, you know what I'm saying. It's as far as like, you know, the things that are important to us, and it's like I think that the thing black fathers have been able to get over the last couple of years is this this this unity and camaraderie. As far as like yeah, now we we we we playing a part in this.
Speaker 2: Toube Mama. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got this too, But it's just like you know, we we we learned it though from the black from the from the black woman or the woman period.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I learned it from the black woman, but you know, the woman has taught us how to be better fathers.
Speaker 2: And are we gonna see the D versus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that You'll say, you'll see that when when it's set up. I think I think that it's good. Like j D, it'll be fun because we both make records that are in the frequency, you know what I'm saying. And then and then you know, I would I would like to after that. I would like to see me and doctor Dre dance or whoever whoever else wants to dance, wants to dance. I think it's nothing but positive. Getting your music and displaying your music out there with people, it's it's all. It just makes everything sharp, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Or would it just be just how you say you want? Next? If you want dre Next to me is j D and Diddy, R and B and remixes.
Speaker 1: If I'm not gonna lie, you have so many styles.
Speaker 2: I can hit you with stuff that I hit you.
Speaker 1: From Burning Boys, last album that I had did. I can hit you with early Mary J Blig stuff. I can hit you with artists that you never even knew that. I mean, I have so many different styles. But you know that's that's that's really where we're Ataies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Sean Yeah, love Yeah, the album is out right Yeah. That is really good, like really really good. It's very very problem. You can't call him that call him? What what you call him?
Speaker 3: What did you say? What is his name?
Speaker 2: You can't call him.
Speaker 3: Only one person can call him Sean Holmes and you are not that person. Too bad, you don't.
Speaker 15: You don't keep up with Diddy.
Speaker 2: His name is Diddy.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, Diddy.
Speaker 15: Album.
Speaker 1: You go get the Love album, y'all.
Speaker 20: Yeah, cub Love the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: NFL is here.
Speaker 6: DraftKings Sports Book is an official sort what's betting partner of the NFL. They'll loads the DraftKings Sportsbook app today and use code envy for a special offer when you sign up. That's code envy e env y only a DraftKings Sports Book.
Speaker 2: Donkey up today time, damn he hogg. I me ain't trying to beat Donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making the people do these days.
Speaker 17: They called Donkey of the Day and it really caught me off guard. Damned Charlamagne who got the Donkey of the.
Speaker 1: Day to day?
Speaker 2: Well, jess hilarious.
Speaker 4: Donkey Today for Friday February fifteenth is the double Donkey. It goes to a young woman from the great State of Texas. Salute to Ambershelvy, drop on the clues BOMX for Ambers, sheelby rep red okay, and it goes to the Fairfield n in Staten Island. Let me tell you something. This is why having people on the ground wherever you go is vital. I don't care if you in the country are you out the country? Those reviews and pictures you see online don't always be the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay. For example, I.
Speaker 4: Tell people all the time when they come to New York and they ask me what they should do, always say, go to the pink House in Brownsville.
Speaker 2: They hear the word pink, that's not nice.
Speaker 4: They hear the word pink and say that sounds delightful.
Speaker 2: Okay. Somebody always tells them, you know, don't listen to me like Envy just did when I say that, But I still say it anyway.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 2: I've been in Miami and had foreigners ask me where to eat.
Speaker 4: Now before I say finger lick and slew through my good brother eat class, I say, go to Liberty Square, try the porking.
Speaker 2: Beans, all right.
Speaker 4: People usually tell me they don't eat pork, need to do eyes, so I then tell them go to finger licking. My point is, I don't know what I'm talking about for real, Okay, I just be playing in Fanfield and in Staten Island, y'all playing what?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 4: Amber, her husband and her two young kids, booked the hotel room that had a gorgeous view of the city's iconic skyline.
Speaker 2: Well at least it did on the website. All right, this is the epitome of if what you paid.
Speaker 4: For versus what you got was a three star hotel room one hundred and forty dollars, Amber pay And I can see how this happened to you, Amber, because I looked at the pictures on the website and we're going to put them up when this goes up on YouTube, I can see how you got gotten all right, But not really the skyline. They thought they had the New York City skyline. It was actually a picture of the New York Skyline printed on the window shades. So when they took the pictures of the the pictures of the hotel room, they closed the shade so it looks like the New York City skyline. When she actually opened the shades, their view was a hotel parking lot with a glimpse of a park across the road with a couple of kids in Wu Tang Clan t shirts.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: If you can see the skyline in New York City from Staten Island in any hotel in Staten Island. Can you see the skyline in New York City from Staten Island?
Speaker 2: You should if it's a high enough hotel, I think so, yeah, absolutely you can. You can't. Well, somebody from Stating Island let me know, I know you can get on the ferry. You can. No, no, no, you can't. You definitely can't. Yeah, yeah, okay, I know.
Speaker 4: You can get on the ferry and the ferry takes you from Lower Manhattan Staten Island, and that provides you some good views of downtown skyline. But even with me not knowing that, it wouldn't stop me from going online and saying, sure you can't and fantastic.
Speaker 2: Views of the New York City skyline from Staten Island. Why would I do that? Because I enjoy lying for fun, okay, and so does everyone else. That's why a Fairfield End got the New York City Skyline on shades in that hotel, because they not technically lying. They never said, hey, we got fantastic views of the New York City skyline.
Speaker 4: You just assume that because of the pictures. Now, ab What says she had no complaints about the hotel. Her only complaint was that it was too far from New York City, Am, But my country cousin, I could have told you that. Check the reviews, man, but check the ratings. Go on Twitter and use it like Google the way meet Mill does. Sometimes just ask the question, Hey, all my New Yorker is It's Staton Island, far from New York City. Hey, can you get a nice hotel in New York City for one hundred dollars? You would have gotten a bunch of heroinatics responded to you saying hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Nat would have been your answer.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I know we don't frequent yelp like we should, but yelp is the Internet equivalent of let me speak to your manager. Okay, every caring in America got platinum reviews on Yeop. They gonna tell you where you should be and shouldn't be. And my sister Anne, but you know, damn well, when something sounds too good to be true, it is all right. This is something we learned back in the days of slavery. Okay, well we should have learned back in the days of slavery, but we didn't. When you know better, you do better.
Speaker 2: We know better now. We didn't know better back then, and that's how we ended up on those slave ships. They promised us a cruiser around the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, new whips, cars, new change, jewelry, and they told us it was gonna cost us nothing but a little bit of work. How did that turn out? Now, let me be the first to tell you the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is isn't always correct. In fact, the suspicion, cynicism, and doubt that are inherent in this belief can and does keep people from taking advantage of excellent opportunities.
Speaker 2: But this wasn't one of those times. Amber, you should be a shamed.
Speaker 4: Okay, Fairfield takes some pictures with the shades up, and please give Ambers Shelby and the fair Field in in Staten Island the sweet times of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the dug.
Speaker 3: Oh the daye.
Speaker 2: And don't hit me up either asking me, uh if I said what I said about slavery was true, because I just told you I like to lie for fun.
Speaker 7: But I actually like what you said, the whips and the chains and how it was like the whips, the cars, the change, the jewelry.
Speaker 2: Yo, you're smart when you want to, babe, But there was no cars back then.
Speaker 3: Just yo, relax, I'm making the correlation like I'm trying to give you a coming. You know, it was dumb.
Speaker 7: Everything you said was, and even the donkey, because I don't even think the lady deserved the.
Speaker 3: Damn donkey for seeing what was presented to her online.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's what it was. She a little more research. How old is she young? She gots she's not a young young man because you said, my sweet country sister.
Speaker 3: I thought it, and that's what she said, country veteran. Yes, okay, count all right, she right, don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I can see she deserved donkey for that a little bit, because you can't go all the way from Texas to New York without doing more due diligence and more research than just looking at pictures online. Okay, one hundred dollars hotel? How many stars? Would you saying? A three? Three is on the.
Speaker 1: Cuss like three?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you read the reviews, okay three.
Speaker 2: Stanton Island, Oh my god, but I know somebody out of town you might not know.
Speaker 7: I don't even know Staten Island. I don't I don't even know, like anything bad about I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Staten Island has well. Three stars of stant now three star fair Field and.
Speaker 3: A fan field.
Speaker 4: You said, Oh, if a promoter booked you and they told you was staying at the fanfield, just stop it.
Speaker 7: A fan Field and Houston fair Field in Baltimore, it ain't even yea.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Right when we were on to come up, Yes, times in Field we stayed at Fairfield become red roof fins.
Speaker 2: I agree with you stayed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it driving past the.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that by myself, though not with my husband and two chairs when you were young twenty one twenty two.
Speaker 3: Not with my husband and two chairs.
Speaker 2: Alright, I don't know what you're doing with your husband children. B e T will see you on Monday. These be e T by Jesus.
Speaker 6: All right now, when we come back, Desi Banks will be joining us. Comedian he's on tour and we're gonna kick it with him when we come back to it. On moves to Breakfast Club. Come morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ NV Charlamage the Godess hilarious.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest.
Speaker 16: In the building.
Speaker 2: He came in here deep like a rapper too. You got to be like that, got to be like that. You travel with that many people?
Speaker 15: Probably, Yeah, for my shows.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 15: Car a guy, my security creative director manager.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I was seeing people.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know, everybody's doing their own thing, hotel to hotel. Yeah, make express do it.
Speaker 2: I know that, you know, stop playing with you like it is amazing. He's doing as great?
Speaker 15: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: How did you get into doing these skitch and stuff? Man? Break it down? How did you get into doing this?
Speaker 19: Man, I've been doing since twenty twelve. I started one on one of the original guys in the beginning. You know, you don't have a lot of guys on here that I don't. You know, I was a part of that world in the beginning. But wonder the ones that I could say, still doing it and you know, taking it to new levels, you know what I'm saying, as far as acting, as far as doing stand up and things like that. But yeah, twenty twelve was when it actually started.
Speaker 2: What gave you the idea to start that was just hey, I'm you know, you know, being.
Speaker 19: Funny was a part of me, you know, but I first played sports back in the day, so I ain't know that I was going to be doing something like this receiver. Yeah, I played college football as well. But you know, growing up as a kid, man, you know, my friends always tell me, man, you funny. You know I was a funny guy on the team. You know what I'm saying. I was inspired by the people like Aide, Murphy, Mine Lawns watching those people growing up as a kid. You know, one of the most humans in high school stuff like that. Man want most humors.
Speaker 2: He was funny school.
Speaker 1: Humans.
Speaker 19: Yeah, humans, humor risk. But yeah, I had a friend who introduced me to to vibe.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: He was like, bro, I think you should do this. I didn't know what it was at the time. Six second clip videos, you know what I'm saying. It was so crazy.
Speaker 15: I got on there my first video ever did went y you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And what was my learning to talk video? You know how I let them focus give a direction. I can't remember what I said.
Speaker 3: It's the way you was describing it, like, you.
Speaker 15: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I didn't won't got nothing to do there, don't turn right now and I saw What's the Night? He was like like that right, but it was a crazy man, but it was it was dope. But I've been doing it for some time though, man, And I'm just very you know, happy of myself that I'm one of the ones that you know, it's only a few of us.
Speaker 2: Like I said that, kept going, kept going. You know you King Badge, Badge d c.
Speaker 14: R.
Speaker 3: Yeah, corn Now Cornell Davis was was there at the time?
Speaker 15: How I was there?
Speaker 3: Cornell?
Speaker 2: You don't like Cornell the light sing?
Speaker 15: Cornell. Yeah, I don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 19: Like, I ain't gonna sound like he's dope. He's dope. I think is really really good. He's there because he likes you. No, I didn't know he's on Vine. I don't remember him being on Vine.
Speaker 15: I can't think. I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't yeh.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know why he got a problem. I don't have a problem, Cortnell.
Speaker 17: Brother.
Speaker 15: I don't have no problem with you.
Speaker 2: I think you do.
Speaker 15: I think you're amazing, brother.
Speaker 2: Keep doing your stay.
Speaker 3: He just don't remember Cornell being one.
Speaker 15: I don't that's what. But I know I remember him on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Cornell. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I remember, I don't.
Speaker 15: Know when I said that.
Speaker 2: She didn't she didn't know.
Speaker 3: Big hating on the corner.
Speaker 2: Jesus, this is what y'all do up here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, How difficult was it to turn those sketches and sketches into like live you know, shows and performances and build out an actual show? How difficult was that?
Speaker 19: What I think is different from skits to stand up if that's what you're saying, skits is you know, when you're on that stage, man, you can't say, all right, let me do the joke again. You know, it's a different type of preparation. You know what I'm saying. You gotta actually putting work. You know what I'm saying. When it come to working on the joke, you gotta refue, You gotta do up in mice. You know what I'm saying. You gotta put them in on stage, and you gotta study for you gotta be a student of game when it comes to that stuff.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 15: You know, it's it's totally different. I would say, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Where do you do open mics?
Speaker 16: Do you?
Speaker 7: Because with your big platform, people like us, we can't just go and we can but it's harder for us to go in like a little hole in the wall clubs or here than do open mics practice our jokes.
Speaker 19: Yeah, when I you know, when I first started, in the beginning, I was doing it in that life. But now majority of my stuff when I'm working on new jokes, I'm thankful that I got weekends at shows, you know what I'm saying. So I work out a lot of my material at the shows, and my material contend to build and build and build, you know, every weekend.
Speaker 15: Every weekend. My goal is to do a new joke every show.
Speaker 6: You maybe your best show when your worshop, what was your worship and what was your best work show?
Speaker 15: My worst show was probably in the Bahamas. It was one of the terriort shows I ever did in my life.
Speaker 19: That was like in the beginning though, like I would say, I was just very scripted, and people knew it was scripted, okay, Like you could tell I was, yeah, remember you know what I'm saying. You know, I probably say, like eighteen got the footage.
Speaker 2: That don't have to put it.
Speaker 4: They don't have to, you know, I like bombit because I like to see how people handle that on stage. I think stand up comedy is the toughest thing you could ever do.
Speaker 15: On this it was terrible.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I like to see how people handle it.
Speaker 19: They like it was once you see people walking out then walking out here, yeah yeah, yeah, for sure walking out and you know as you see that, your mouth get dry, your body get the squeeze in, and you know, and after the show, you know, you have that person come up to you and tap you on the shoulder and they'd be like, man, brother, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know it's gonna be okay. You know, you just keep going.
Speaker 19: You're gonna be just fire every day the sun. If you don't want to do it, that's fine too.
Speaker 2: You know, you just say that's my time. Did you finish your set?
Speaker 19: I finished it, and I stayed down and I said, you know, and I was thinking to myself. I did think, like, damn, is this really for me?
Speaker 2: You know I'm saying.
Speaker 19: But you know, I ended up saying, hey, man, this was a time where I had to figure out what it was. You know what I'm saying. Why Why was it they laughing?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 19: And I know why I messing me up In the beginning of talk like I was in the Bahamas, and I said something that I should never say.
Speaker 15: I learned that I can't. You can't never talk bad about Jesus, I said.
Speaker 19: When I landed, I said, like if you I don't even know if I should say this on here because I feel like they might tech megan. But I said, like when I was landing, like I saw like I saw like trees, like I saw a lot of trees, I saw grass, I seen like it's like this Safari like a little bit. And I should have never said that. I said that in like the show I said in the beginning too, and everybody was looking at me like I was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: What you said, I'm just saying was that supposed to be a joke?
Speaker 19: Like I thought, you know, I was being truthful to what I thought something bas and that was not a good idea. And right then I probably got some little chuckles, but them chuckles just went.
Speaker 15: Lower and lower. It was over with.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I still think I learned from.
Speaker 2: It, though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with that being in twenty eighteen, though, that's and then now we're twenty twenty three, that's five years ago. Still, that was in the very beginning for you to even be booked in the Bahamas. That says a lot, you know what I'm saying. So I think he said I don't give still, but no, I think that's good. Would you go back there and do another show?
Speaker 5: I would?
Speaker 15: I most definitely would.
Speaker 19: And I love the Bahamas out Yeah, so people you love, do all from go and do Okay, yeah I will.
Speaker 15: I will go out there and do it show again. I love y'all out there, and I'll promise you I will lift you.
Speaker 19: You guys, place up. You got a future play. The food is amazing out there. The best show now, because my best show, I ain't gonna lie man for me. Man, I just did I just did my home time. I just did two soda shows at the tamperknackle Man. But to go back home, I've done it before, but my growth of what it was from when I did it two years ago, it's like grown man, Like you know, to see the people there and get that standing know and stuff like that for you know, your hometown. That was like a shocked at me, like you know, okay, now I'm doing it now, you know what I'm saying. You know, and of course I'm still learning the ground. But you know, I'm doing it all right.
Speaker 2: We got more with Desi Banks. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast club, Good Morning, more than everybody in Steve j Envy, Charlamage, the god Jess Hilarius was still kicking it with Desi Banks, Charlamagne.
Speaker 4: What did you start making money? That's what I always wanted about the guys and girls that be on mind thinks about other people thinking.
Speaker 2: People think that you get all these views, you're making money, but don't always translate the money. So when did you start making money?
Speaker 19: I started making money on YouTube that was back in like by like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, like nine dollars a month type, you know, yeah, seventeen hudred dollars.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that, and I was happy. I like the people, Yeah.
Speaker 19: They were making that at the time, but I was just happy to get my own apartment and you know, be able to get me a haircut and pay my cell phone bill and you know, do these videos.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: That was my thing back then.
Speaker 19: I wasn't worried about nothing else, you know what I'm saying. Knew everything was gonna come as I you know what I'm saying, put in the work.
Speaker 2: But you know we got you to the stage. Like what made you say, you know what I'm gonna go do?
Speaker 15: Stand up?
Speaker 19: You don't necessarily, Yeah, I went through something. I went through something, man, and you know, like I said, I was a student of the game. And I felt like if if I wanted to be respected and I wanted to take things to another level as far as being in movies and stuff like that, I had to do what the the ogs did, the ones that they laid the blueprint out for.
Speaker 2: Us and told me that somebody told you that. No, No, like I said, nobody told me that. Okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah, like I said, I was a real student of it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I watched like people like adm Eddie Murphy Martin and it was like my main two you know, growing up as a kid, you know what I'm saying. And when I really started taking this is after football. You know, I saw what they did. You know what I'm saying, they getting no big movies. You have to do to stand up. You know, every big comedian that you see in this world, that's that's been in the movie. They they they've done. You know, stand up, so I knew I had to do that. But like I said, I had a story, man, I uh, I was. I was put out my x X for the hour's apartment because I you know, I was, I was making enough money, and that's when I knew then I had to figure out how to hell, I'm a goddamn get some money and how she tells you that, oh he well, now you know, it was just the point I felt like, you know, at the time, I felt like he's right, because you can't assume I don't want Yeah. I just felt like at the time, she didn't believe in what I wanted to do. She wanted to get a job. You know what I'm saying. I didn't make enough income, and at the time I was working in like smoother king. So the money that I was getting, like I said, I was just paying to either get me a hair cut, play my cell phone bill, and everything else.
Speaker 15: I was just giving her. You know, I don't flex on. She probably happy for I would hope, so you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, But she's been the block.
Speaker 15: Nah, I don't think so in a relationship now, h.
Speaker 5: C More.
Speaker 15: We finished swimming sweat damn.
Speaker 2: Ahead sweating right now.
Speaker 15: Damn Jesus sent you. What happened?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 15: Come on, man, you know sation.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 15: You followed me, you stopped playing. You know what's going on? You don't do that, don't we don't know what?
Speaker 17: I know?
Speaker 3: You why you ain't answer with that.
Speaker 2: My story guilty? I don't know what you're acting guilty.
Speaker 3: Of because I thought he had a family people that.
Speaker 2: Like what, I got a family?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I thought. I want you to say it when say you have a family, kids?
Speaker 15: You got I got one one?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's her, the one you feed n ice cream to right now.
Speaker 15: No, jes.
Speaker 3: Because you never know what you don't, you're gonna be put shoot.
Speaker 2: The headline is when she kept you cheating on another level?
Speaker 15: Yeah, she had caught me with the drone.
Speaker 3: God, whoa that was real.
Speaker 2: Damn Like, I'm not coming.
Speaker 3: Back here, man, skits, I'm gonna put out something about that.
Speaker 2: So why are you his Instagram?
Speaker 7: I said to I said, you supposed to be seen, said I supposed to know because I know as a family.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to see if he was going to say, yeah, you're not gonna be admitting that they had families. I got Okay, good child, I love that. Well, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, well the child want make a family. You got to you with a woman and a child's awkward. Now you got the whole. I got a family.
Speaker 15: Man, take care of my family. Got to take care of my family.
Speaker 22: Back to your tour, very, I don't know what chilling I'm checking for a while, mean right, award, you.
Speaker 19: Know it didn't get No, I was just cause she knew that. I don't think she's gonna because I was talking, she's gonna bust in.
Speaker 2: You could have waited.
Speaker 15: You could ask you that when I.
Speaker 6: Finished the purpose chasing to her telling about that where he can get tickets.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 15: Now you can get tickets and link in my bio. But yeah, perposation to it right now.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 19: For so, if I'm in your city, man, come see me live on stage, Come see something different outside of you know, social media. I would say, yes, it's an hour show yep, well no longer than that. I do the our other guys do thirty thirty plus minutes. It was like an hour and a half, almost two hours.
Speaker 2: Well must continued success rank.
Speaker 15: You man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Man for you achieve all your goals.
Speaker 19: I appreciate it, man, thank you so much. The next time I come in Bear hopefully we'll be talking about the movie and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, thank you so much money, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Mouring everybody.
Speaker 6: It's the ej Envy, Charlamagne, the God just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Now it's here.
Speaker 2: It's time for past. The aucs go. It's time for the past, y'all with DJ nine. Yeah, DJ comes, what's she's getting ready for her Path to Off live.
Speaker 3: Sad Cafe, lu and Brooklyn. It starts at six pm.
Speaker 1: It's a vibe.
Speaker 23: If you guys are in the tristate R s v P, pull up, it's gonna be a really dope night.
Speaker 2: Mellow called up here this morning, he said, he coming.
Speaker 6: She don't know me, Mellow, somebody who calls every morning, every time we ken, he said, long time listened to breakfast cars coming.
Speaker 7: That's the first thing he said, shout out the knowledge. She got an event tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be there. Oh my god, O can't wait to see you. Mellow.
Speaker 23: Thank you all right, fire, Yeah, I'm excited. I'm really really excited. But to start with Past the Ox, i'mna start with Diddy's project. I know you guys had him on the show and they flipped Stay with Joe to a few times. I was like, this is great, and my friend kaitlyns on the record, so I just want to play it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell youself.
Speaker 4: I know y'all think we worked for Diddy and we get paid to say these things, but this album is really good.
Speaker 2: Problems though. It's really dope. I can't wait to get hired this weekend. It really just a right okay man, take that take that's nice.
Speaker 18: I do like that.
Speaker 3: I will say.
Speaker 23: I think the cool thing about that is how blended the sounds of R and B R because you have like singer singers, you got auto tuned singers, and they very well.
Speaker 4: Bridged the gap, very very well on the and it made me want I want to see more ol gs executive produced uh younger people's music.
Speaker 2: Especially in R and B and vice versa.
Speaker 4: I like to see older producers working with I mean younger producers working with old artists hit boy and I.
Speaker 2: Want to see more as well.
Speaker 3: A great idea.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we have seen Jermaine and pre did it a little bit with Ari Lennox, but yeah, I agree with you. So the second record I'm gonna get into is from ro Boston Richie, who was a freshman at sex So this year, and the records called Bubba Man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get high and listen to that this week.
Speaker 17: I like that.
Speaker 2: I love when the young boys triggered the toxic in me.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That man said your boom poom good. But I'm gonna keep cheating.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the only line you got. Some times I whish I was still talking to lines.
Speaker 4: Like what are you like?
Speaker 3: Dress is still toxic? So she's gonna thank you.
Speaker 2: Take that back, take that, take that back. No, I don't wish that.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The part of me that's still healing really enjoyed it. Oh my goodness, what else you got now? This man about really enjoyed it.
Speaker 23: And I did a new interview with ro Boston Richie and we need to talk to actually my most stream interview so far, and.
Speaker 3: It's really really good at w n T T l K.
Speaker 23: And my last record is by road Wave. It's called Turk and Kegos feature in twenty one savage.
Speaker 2: So the roadway.
Speaker 4: That's that's why we need real R and B back though, because they just be treating you all the women like y'all disposable.
Speaker 2: They don't even care. He said, she here for a short time, not a long time time. I'm not taking no short time the Turkey Cagos. You're going to turn the kegos with your wife like the girl that you want to be with for the rest of your life, right, just short time. Take trips more frequent than they did back going to Myrtle Beach. You know what I'm saying, I go what I.
Speaker 23: Was really curious how y'all felt about the girls Girls reference.
Speaker 3: Y'all liked it.
Speaker 4: That's a whole from girls Girls Girls hole was toxic. You barely get into Miami. Nowlet's say that this before you guys are traveling. This guy's before you can't get on plane.
Speaker 23: Travel Not being shady, I'm just saying, I feel like our generation just travels more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all doing too much. Do not take something you just smashing for a short time the Turks and ca goes. My brother, that's the person that you're going to spend the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Here it goes to turk ca goes now right, you get like I.
Speaker 3: Think, yo, don't stop people from living the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't go chasing the turkey cacos. Stick to the Miamis and murtle beaches.
Speaker 2: You used to beaches.
Speaker 4: Now, y'all turn, y'all turn the turky cake goes to Myrtle beach. Okay, actually, y'all turn the turkey ke goes to Myrtle beach.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, get it in the turks.
Speaker 17: Don't say it like like don't like like wow, she on one in the run w a little bit like man, okay, like don't.
Speaker 3: Don't do that?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, listen. Flew to ethen magazine.
Speaker 4: They are profiled Knowledge Podcast this week they said it was on the top ten podcast to listen to for the fall.
Speaker 2: It was actually number five.
Speaker 3: I'm so shocked.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 16: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: If you need to talk, we need to talk podcast, we need to talk.
Speaker 3: Tune in and tonight.
Speaker 23: Oh actually, if you can't make it, two pass offs, I'll be live streaming it from my Twitch. So just follow me on Dutch at nilsone to be able to see Friday hit the stage. You'll see Child's Major, Jehovah Stocks and a whole bunch of artists at Cafe in Brooklyn, six o'clock, six pm. I advised early rival because you got.
Speaker 2: A lot of RSVPs.
Speaker 1: It'll be crazy.
Speaker 4: That's it's just the first one though, you know, niw let's bringing it back to the music, bringing it back to the coaching.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what this is about.
Speaker 3: Congrassator, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll see you guys tonight.
Speaker 6: All right now when we come back. We got the People's Choice mixed. It's all about Diddy and it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: I don't really get chee.
Speaker 4: If your high is bumping almost five thousand dollars, you want to get it right, pour out of five employees on zip recruit to get a quality candidate on the first day. Get hiring right with a ZipRecruiter, dot com flash breakfast to try Dipper Cruder for free.
Speaker 6: Yo, I just said no more than everybody's j n V. Charlamagne, the godess Hilarious is here now. Just hilarious told us early that she's never been a turks You.
Speaker 2: Keep saying that. By the way, it's not like just can't afford to golf. Yeah, it's just like I just haven't been Like just.
Speaker 17: Because Kelly flew you to Turks and left you in the hotewn left you in the hotel, don't mean that.
Speaker 9: So what.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to to it. I got the Chicago.
Speaker 4: Chicago that may even take you to get no deep dish pizza. No, no, he didn't even take you to Harold's. Damn patty Nlan.
Speaker 2: Do you know the story? Now, let's here.
Speaker 3: First of all, you told me the story. He went on the platform and said the story.
Speaker 2: I was not traumatized. You happy. That's that was a moment for him. He enjoyed his time. He was gonna be this.
Speaker 3: Speaking Jess Jacksonville, Florida. So I got to shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you bough?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 7: I got two shows tonight at the Comedy Zone and then two shows tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So get your tickets if you have not yet.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, Tomorrow sold out and then the first show tonight is sold out. Get your tickets for the last show tonight that's nine fifteen.
Speaker 2: And also shout to Naala again. Her event is tonight past the Awks.
Speaker 6: Make sure you go check her out in Brooklyn, and then I'm gonna be at the HBCU and Why Classic tomorrow Saturday. It's more house versus albity state. So if you went to an HBCU or a sorority fraternity, pull up man, we really would love to see It doesn't matter what school you went to. We're gonna support and represent all HBCUs. And then the after party is gonna be at the Dream Bar to.
Speaker 2: The American Dream.
Speaker 6: There were so many things going on, the step shows, the panels, the financial literacy career days, they gave scholarships. So salute to everybody. Albert who ran that HBCU Classic. We're gonna be kicking with him in a little bit. It's the Breakfast Club when we come back positive note y'all owning everybody. It's DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Charlotte, Yes Me and what's happening listen.
Speaker 4: I want to remind everybody to make sure that you go to mentalwealthexpo dot com. My third annual Mental health Expo was October seventh at the Marriott Marquee and Tom Square. I bring together some of the best therapists and psychiatrists and mental health experts and mental health advocates in the country for a day of mental health education and healing. Doctor Rita Walker, doctor Alfre Breelayan Noble, doctor j Barnett, Psychotherapist Elliott Connie angela ride to Mika Mallory, my man Carson Daley, who's a big mental health advocate.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be there, Me and him actually gonna be.
Speaker 4: Having a conversation about our issues with with mental health and I want to see you October seventh. You know it's a free event. All ages will welcome. Eleven am to four pm. Marriott, Marquee, Tom Square, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, free, Go to Mental HEALTHEXPO dot com now the positive Notice simply this, always do your best. You know I love Don Miguel Ruiz in the book The Four Agreements, and the fourth agreement is always do your best. Your best is gonna change from moment to moment. It will be different when you are hired as opposed to well rested. Under any circumstance. Simply do your best and you will avoid self judgment, self abuse, and regret.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. Breakfast. Cub bitches, you'na finished for y'all.
Speaker 15: Done,