Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because, let's be honest, brand Earth school is hard.
Speaker 2: In fact, you taught me that let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy pooh, I want to talk aliens with you.
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm great, my alf how are you Okay?
Speaker 1: Not about aliens, but it feels like there's aliens in my eyeballs right now because I and Santa Fe is killing me, and you, of course gave me great advice which I did not follow properly, which is to you know, put lavender over my sinus, as you said, just put it on the top on my foreheads forehead, which I didn't hear that only that part, And so my eyeballs are really awake and wide and anyway, so I have my glasses put down like a crazy old librarian.
Speaker 2: So hi, everybody, I have an enthusiastic y'all.
Speaker 1: It's has been a rough day though, I mean these allergies, Oh my gosh, rough day.
Speaker 2: Diffusing Diffusing lavender in the room is helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so y'all, here you go. If that's all you get out of this episode, Diffuse lavender if you're dealing with any allergies. I woke up with like watery eyes, congestion, fatigue. I was like, how am I going to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Allergies are exhausting, Yes they are.
Speaker 1: And had wild ass dreams last night. Well, there you go, wild as dreams.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's because the allergies, you know, I do not.
Speaker 1: You don't think so. Is it because something's in Uranus and Saturn or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well Jupiter is in Gemini, and you know is that wild ass dreams? Well for you, Gemini is very important.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wild ass like and like so active. I woke up exhausted from them. Yeah that happens, and I remember them. Yeah, yeah, it was. That's weird. I know. I sent out a message this morning to somebody who was in it, who I haven't talked to and probably twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Her name was Koiesta Hood and Pile. Wow, yeah name, that's a name right. She was our hairdresser growing up in Miama and became a friend of the family and I had her expired ID when I was sixteen, So that was my fake ID.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Not about the not our topic today, but just a little left wild today, No, not today, Satan however, wild as streams like just wild anyway.
Speaker 2: Speaking of wild, Yes, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's what you got because it was you who reached out and said, my elf, you have to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: So I did just want to do one back up for a minute because it took me a minute to pull up your chart. So your moon is probably conjunct the transitting Jupiter, which would make your nighttime dreams.
Speaker 1: Wild ass Yes, fucking hell. I mean it's like it's exhausting. I feel like I'm like working all night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you want to set your intention for what you want to dream then instead of just like leaving it to the cosmos. Okay, yeah, So what great idea is, what great inspirations, what creativity can I be you know what new things framework stories, I can be weak.
Speaker 1: That was part of it, by the way. Oh no, but then, but it was exhausting. Anyway, it's it's totally fun. I'll live and I don't. I'm not mad at it. It's kind of fun. It's just exhausting.
Speaker 2: Just direct it tonight.
Speaker 1: I will direct it better than I did. But anyway, it's your fault. We're doing this episode, and this is part one of part two. Word do two of these because it is so incredibly fascinating. But I'm going to let you explain everybody that you caused it.
Speaker 2: I was driving. I was driving, and so when I'm driving in other times i'd like to listen to a podcast. Because I was driving, like the things just rolled into whatever the next podcast was. And I heard a postcast with someone named Preston Dennett, and I loved his storytelling. I loved his focus on data gathering. I loved his approach that was not commercialized or dramatic. It was all like no. I actually resisted this for a long time until I had these kind of experiences and realized these people in my life were having these kind of experiences and people were talking to me, and so then I started researching it and like he ran the numbers, which I appreciate. But of course one of the ones that he resourced and mentioned in this podcast was the Betty and Barney Hill story, which is what we think of in our generation as the OG story. Right. It's these two husband and wife were traveling. Was it in upstate New York? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: I think it's New Hampshire or New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I knew it was nor which.
Speaker 1: Calls New Hampster not relevant but bunny but very funny.
Speaker 2: And so they're traveling at night and they their car malfunctions and they're like, what do we do? We're on this dark country road and then everything goes black?
Speaker 1: Right, it's insane. Okay, So wait, you heard your brother read this to you, right, the story he read.
Speaker 2: He read this to me when I was in fourth grade.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's that's what I recall, and I think it's pretty accurate because you know, as a as a young girl, you know, listening to this story before you fall asleep, like, it goes in pretty deeply.
Speaker 1: My brother was calling me names and trying to hit me. Your brother was telling you stories of alien abductions.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well we had the book in the house, right, we had the Interrupted Journey is the name of the book. Right, we haven't been clearly we didn't buy it, but we had the book in the house.
Speaker 1: So okay, I just want to say the difference between our households. You had the Interrupted Journey in your household. My household was irma bombback if life is a bullet, Harry's what am I doing in the pits?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We had that one.
Speaker 1: Oh did you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe everybody had them time lifebooks. I have known.
Speaker 1: Whatever they were, they were like the popular ones. So here's just a quick background on Barney and Betty, just so everybody has at the beginning of their story. So they were married couple and living in Newport News, Virginia. Barney Hill Junior was born in nineteen twenty two and Betty was born in nineteen nineteen. And the other thing is they were a mixed race couple, which I love, And they had a cute wier dog. Because I have a picture of them in front of me. So Barney was.
Speaker 2: A pretty famous photo, right is it great? Yeah, it's a very.
Speaker 1: Famous and it's a long haired winter dog. It looks like, is it a wiener dog? Yeah? It is long haired, it's fat, so it's a winner dog. So Barney, I mean, I've ever met a wiener dog. Here's the thing I really identify with wiener dogs. They have short legs and they kind of have a round body. And I'm like, I see you, wiener dog.
Speaker 2: We had a dogson growing up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I understand their little short legs. So Barney was a postal worker and a civil rights activist, and Betty was a social worker and a civil rights advocate herself. So just so just to give like a you know, a little color commentary about who these.
Speaker 2: Are and the regular people like they they're so regular. Yeah, they're just having their life right.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So uh, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to do a tiny bit, you know, like you did my reading that I don't do very well, and I'll obviously words wrong, so we can all laugh. Yeah. So this is just so it has a resources is Wikipedia, so you can follow along. So, according to a variety of reports given by the Hills, the alleged UFO sighting happened about ten thirty pm September nineteenth, nineteen sixty one. And why this is so important is that so many of these UFO reports happened in the fifties and sixties. These were the ones who came forward. I believe quite possibly the most famous one. Brand is that fair like of this time that came forward their story. I mean the hell, they had a book, they had a TV movie made. I mean well, and.
Speaker 2: Yes, without a doubt it was. It took a while for them to recover the memories and to get it published and to be verified and poked and prodded, and they went through all kinds of testing before their story go could come forward. So it was not like a, hey, this happened, let's write a story or a book, because they didn't even remember it for a long time. So right, So anyhow, I just want to I want to make sure people, like today, something happens, and you know the book is out the next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, something happens and it's on Twitter. Remember I don't call it because I call it by it's dead name. I don't call people who's transitioned by their dead name, but I do call the social network that has transitioned by its dead name.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but I do think that's an important piece.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do too, I do too. This is it's an amazing story. I need to go watch the movie. Actually, there's a TV movie that was made about it that I will share once I get to it. Okay, So, so to your point, the Hills were driving back to Portsmith from a vacation in Niagara Falls and Montreal, just south of Lancaster, New Hampster. For my wife. Betty claimed to have observed a bright point of light in the sky that move from below the Moon and the planet Jupiter.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of Jupiter, right there.
Speaker 1: Upward to the west of the Moon. While Barney navigated US Route three, Betty reasoned, I love that. Betty reasoned that she was observing a falling star, only it moved upward. I don't think it's technically falling if it goes up or is that like, oh, those people who fail upward? You know those people somehow it worked, they fail upward. It's like that's what she saw. We all know that she saw a white guy failing upward by the moon. Because it moved erradically and grew bigger and brighter. Betty urged Barney to stop the car for a closer look, as well as to walk their dog, Delcey, that's the wiener dog. Barney stopped at a scenic picnic area just north of Twin Mountain Betty, looking through binoculars, observed an odd shaped craft flashing multi colored lights travel across the face of the moon. Okay, how cool would that be? I'm just going to say.
Speaker 2: Out loud, it'd be amazing and terrifying and terrifying because they lost track of it eventually. Right, it's just so cool. Yeah, it's very cool.
Speaker 1: Barney observed what he reasoned was a commercial airliner traveling toward Vermont on its way to Montreal. However, he soon changed his mind because, with outlooking as if it had turned, the craft rapidly descended in his direction. This observation caused Barney to realize this object that was a plane was not a plane. Doesn't that sound like nineteen sixty one? I reckon this is not a plane.
Speaker 2: But as Alice though, is so interesting because the how innocent your mind will tell stories, right, your mind just trying to make sense of what you're seeing that It's like, this doesn't fit my picture, so I'm going to fill in with this information that's completely irrelevant and a holy crap.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, it's aliens. Yeah, hilarious, The hill said. They continue driving on the quiet and isolated road, moving very slowly through Franconia Notch, in order to observe the object as it came even closer. Okay, by the way, don't you supposed to go the other way? Like? Did they not watch the babysitter like movies where it's like, if somebody's at the door, don't go up the stairs kind of shit. It's like, didn't they didn't?
Speaker 2: Again, they alien abductions were not the thing. They weren't published in newspapers. You know, it was not a thing.
Speaker 1: Totally fair, but we all know, don't go upstairs at one point. At one point, the object passed above a restaurant and signal tower on top of Cannon Mountain and came out near the old Man of the mountain. They testified that it was at least one and a half times the length of the granite cliff profile, which was forty feet long, and that it seemed to be rotating. Okay, that's freaky as shit. The couple watched as the silent, illuminated craft moved erratically and bounced back and forth in the night sky.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the other thing I would add at this point. You know now they didn't have this these stories, but also you know that the stories would be Aliens can well most of us would like run the other way. They can mask your minds processing so that you're like, oh this is interesting and you just very become very compliant. That's what people say. That's what they say in interviews and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they trick the shit out of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's one way say, speaking of tricking us, we should probably take a break.
Speaker 1: Crap, I think they als have been tricking us. All right, We're gonna take an alien break, all right.
Speaker 2: Bring us back to that night in nineteen sixty one, which.
Speaker 1: I am now officially unmasked. Okay, about one mile south of Indian Head. They said, the object rapidly descended toward their vehicle, causing Barney to stop in the middle of the highway. The huge silent craft hovered about eighty to one hundred feet above the hills nineteen fifty seven Chevrolet bell Air Nice Choice by the Way Hills, and filled the entire field of view in the windshield Okay, that's just so cool. It reminded Barney of a huge pancake. Okay, Now, I want pancakes carrying his pistol in his pocket. I mean, come on, you got a pistol. Okay, Just everybody knows. I don't have to go any further. I don't think you can shoot an alien. It's going to do anything.
Speaker 2: So for the record, he's a black man traveling in the northeast.
Speaker 1: He should have a pistol in his pocket. Or he was just happy to see Betty. So, Okay, took you a minute, didn't it.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm hopped up. I told you earlier. I am super hopped up on musin XD right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, not a paid endorsement.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you got a snort. That was one snort joke. That was good. Okay, it reminded Barney of a huge pancake. I want pancakes. Still his pistol in his pocket. He was happy to see Betty. Okay. He stepped away from the vehicle and moved closer to the object. Using the binoculars. Barney claimed to have seen eight to eleven humanoid figures. Now, Brenda, to your point, earlier. They did not use the word humanoid back then. This has been rewritten for Wikipedia, not the language, but it's for today exactly right. So he sees eight to eleven humanoid figures who were peering out the craft's windows, seeming to look at him in unison. All but one figure moved to what appeared to be a panel on the rear wall of the hallway that encircled the front portion of the craft. The one remaining figure continued to look at Barney and communicated a message telling him to stay where you are and keep looking. That's eerie and awesome. Barney had a recollection of observing of observing the humanoid forms wearing glossy black uniforms and black caps, red lights on what appeared to be bat wing Okay, they said, bat wing. Bat Wing fins begin to telescope out of the site of the craft, and a long structure descended from the bottom of the craft. The silent craft approach to what Barney estimated was within fifty to eighty feet overhead and three hundred feet away from him. On October twenty first, nineteen sixty one, Barney reported to National Investigations Committee on Aerial phenomena and I CICAP, so NICAP investigator Walter Webb that the beings were somehow not human.
Speaker 2: Dun da, duh, Well this would have been so unheard of, right, I mean, this was It's not that there hadn't been other alien sightings, but they weren't shared publicly, like they were shared in families, or they were shared in tribes or part of lore or.
Speaker 1: Area fifty one kind of thing which was not personal. When was area personal? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this was this was very unusual, right, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So do you mind if I continue on with the immediate aftermath?
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, Okay, Well, I just would want to say when I just think for them to come forward in something like this in such a public way, like in interviews in a book and to be tested and all, this is again just unheard of.
Speaker 1: And the bi racial couple, I just want to keep adding that because that's right. It's like, that's like if Suzanne and I had this happened to us in nineteen sixty one and we came forward as this is a lesbian couple, Like that's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's it's on top of on top of yes, breakthrough, it's breakthrough it is. I like that, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And I like them a lot. I'm just going to say if they if they were here today, I would want to be their friends. Okay. So this is the immediate aftermath. Arriving home at a about dawn, the Hills stated that they had some odd sensations and impulses they couldnot readily explain. Betty insisted their luggage be kept near the rear back door rather than in the main part of the house. I don't understand that, by the way, I'm just reading that. The rest of it makes sense. Their watches would never work again. Barney said that the leather strap for the binoculars was torn, though he could not recall it tearing. The toes of his best dress shoes were scraped. Barney says he was compelled to examine his genitals in the bathroom, though he found nothing unusual. That's not unusual. The arn't men always checking the junk out?
Speaker 2: I think not an expert in that? Stay in my lane?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you think I'm an expert in that? I have two human eyes? I watched them like, move past, look in the bear do whatever. I mean? You know, it's all I'm saying they took, oh, they took long showers, not because of his junk, but to remove possible contamination, and each drew a picture of what they had observed. I want to see those pictures.
Speaker 2: They're in the book.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to we need to we need to do part three and actually go through the pictures and describe them. None of its junk. Okay. Perplexed, they'll say they tried to reconstruct the chronology of events as they witnessed the UFO and drove home, but immediately after they heard the buzzing sounds, their memories became incomplete and fragmented. Now, y'all, I'm just going to like just kind of tell you what next week episode it's going to be. It's gonna be a lot more detail of you know, in the last sixty years of what people have reported, and it's not different from this. This is why we wanted to start with this story. Okay. After sleeping for a few hours, Betty awoke and place the shoes and clothing she had worn worn during the drive in her closet, observing that the dress was torn at the hem zipper and lightning. Now, I'm gonna do a pause because you thought, or you thought you heard when you were seven years old that her dress was on backwards? Is that right? Do you think it was?
Speaker 2: That's what that was my recollection. But again I was I was nine, so I could yea.
Speaker 1: In my head, no matter what the truth is, her dress was on backwards. I'm just saying that, okay. But later, when she retrieved the items from her closet, she noted a pinkish powder on her dress. She hung the dress on her clothesline, and the pink powder blew away, but the dress was irreparably damaged. She threw it away, but then changed her mind, retrieving the dress and hung it in her closet. Over the years, five laboratories have conducted chemical and forensic analysis on the dress. They don't tell us anymore about the dress.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions, so many questions. There were shiny, concentric circles on the car's trunk that had not been there the previous day. Betty and Barney experimented with a compass, noting that when they moved it close to the spots, the needle would whirl rapidly, but when they moved it back a few inches away from the shiny spots, it would drop down. That's that section. By the way, that that pause that was an end to that section.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yes, go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I just appreciate how they're like not trying to make it overly dramatic. They seem like very rational people, totally like trying to figure out what happened, but also aware of the quirkiness, like well, at first I put the dress up over here, and then I didn't want it over that, you know, like like just aware of some stuff that doesn't make any sense of how she's operating. She's aware of it at least to document it.
Speaker 1: Right, right. No, they seem like normal human beings or normal humanoids whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 2: Okay, except for the alien visits.
Speaker 1: Except for the aliens, they're normal. So I'm going to do this next part kind of fast, but it's actually quite important, is so. Walter Walter Webb, who I mentioned earlier, met with the Hills on October twenty first in nineteen sixty one. In a six hour interview, the Hills related all they could remember of the UFO encounter. Barney stated that he had developed a mental block, and that he suspected there were some portions of the event that he did not wish to remember. I mean that all that tracks right. He described in detail all that he could remember about the craft and the appearance of these somehow not human figures aboard it. I think that's what they used brand. That's back to the term humanoid. I think they he what he said, because it's in parentheses is somehow not human. Web stated that they were telling the truth and the incident probably occurred exactly as reported, except for some minor uncertainties and technicalities that must be tolerated any such observation where human judgment is is involved. So I think the other really big thing that happened with this was actually Betty's dreams, because you recalled from when new you were nine, random, random nine year old, WHICHIFO actually recalled that that Betty had night terrors, which is I think.
Speaker 2: They both did, but I think her started first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they did so. So ten days after the alleged uphone came, Betty began having a series of vivid dreams which continued for five consecutive nights. Am I having all my wacky dreams because of Betty, Betty, I feel you, sister. She stated that she experienced them with a degree of denial and intensity detailed not denial. Detail is funny mine's denial detail and intensity that she had never that she had never had before. After the fifth night, they stopped and never recurred, though they occupied her thoughts during the day. When she mentioned them to Barney, he was sympathetic but not too concerned, and the matter was dropped. Betty did not mention them to Barney again. In November of nineteen sixty one, Betty began writing down the details of her dreams, and one dream she and Barney encountered a roadblock and men who surrounded their car. She lost consciousness but struggled to regain it. Then she realized that she was being forced by two small men to walk in a forest at night, end of seeing Barney walking behind her, though when she called to him he seemed to be in a trance or sleepwalking. PS. Important note that has been absolutely documented with cases after this where a loved one a spouse would be put into a trance while they took the other spouse with them. Just ps. Everybody. The men stood about five feet and five four inches so that's my heightfuckers, and were matching blue uniforms I don't do that, with caps similar to those worn by military cadets. They appeared nearly human, with black hair, dark eyes, prominent noses, and bluish lips. Their skin was a grayish color the grays. The Grays were hiding in plain sight. She and Barney were taken to their car, where the leaders suggested that they wait to watch the craft's departure. They did so and then resumed their drive home. All right, want to take them the break and let's come back a talks form like, well, I'm done reading y'all for now.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it's such a yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all, we're back. Brenda was exploding when I went to break and I apologized profusely to the wishy poop. But you hit it, sister, go what do you want to say?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just like this, there's so much right in there, so many elements of their story that we hear over and over today. But knowing that this is, you know, one of the first times it came so public, and to have it I goed back so many times. Although I will say it seems like they have like this, this, this, like they have all the points hit where a lot of other people will only have one or two of them. So it seems like a very extended and it's literally called the interrupted journey. Do you remember like they lost eight hours.
Speaker 1: Or something like that, but for many.
Speaker 2: People will you know, more like three hours?
Speaker 1: Right, but loss of time is the number one commonality of people who have been abducted. And I think what is really interesting too, and this is, you know what you first said to me when you sent me the podcast that we're going to do a podcast about is the meta podcast. We're in the metaverse, everybody is. It was really the classifications of what this guy has kind of surmised of the different alien forms. And one of them he are the grays, so he calls them humanoid and shape, short, bald. They can be skinny, pale, large, dark eyes, so we heard dark eyes with this last, right and short. Apparently I'm the size of a gray alien. The second one was is the category is human looking so like genetically to date is what they call it.
Speaker 2: They call it human noids, right, No, it's so weird. It's human noise? Are the ones in the.
Speaker 1: Jumpsuits yeah, yes, they're There are another just categories humanoids, but this one, but I think yes, jumpsuits. Yes, they're genetically perfect and they were I took notes, I didn't readdown.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's awesome, that's.
Speaker 1: What a gray would do. Okay. The third one is nine foot tall looking praying mantises.
Speaker 2: Pray praying mantis?
Speaker 1: Yes, I said, is for plural?
Speaker 2: Yes? So why do you think they would choose that for an insect? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fuck? If I know? What do you think? Do you have an answer?
Speaker 2: I just think I just think it's a very poor choice. Bad marketing, bad alien marketing, bad alien marketing. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I wonder you know what's interesting? I okay, So it's so funny that we're talking about this. My cousin, Matthew, was just in town and we were talking about amber specimens, and I have a piece of amber that has a full praying mantis in it, and those things are hundreds of millions of years old. I wonder if they took an early form. Maybe, Hey man, I was just trying to make a connection here with my cousins. Is an amber because I's old, that is old, Amber's old, right, and so It's like there's just a piece of history in this.
Speaker 2: So if you meet an alien praying mantis, you should just say you need to update your software.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, here's the other thing fun about praying mantis. Don't they eat their mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the females do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of like them.
Speaker 2: Well, we know that the grays are you know, they're sterile, right, that's one of the things they're worried about is reproduction. Maybe praying mantis are having the same problems if they're eating all their meats.
Speaker 1: Or the praygmantises are eating the what was once reproductive grays. Alien wars. Okay, the other one we are office. The fourth one, y'all are welcome because we're having a ball. We hope the hell you are too. The fourth one, less common is the reptilian. We've seen a lot of movies with those kind of reptilian like an aliens, but apparently that one's not terribly common. The fifth categories like a catch all, you know, And that's what they call They just call them strange humanoids that can be from dwarfs to tall bright beings is what they call that. But the thing is with all of them, I guess with the exception of a praying mantis is they still have like two arms two let well, praymantis has two arms and two legs. I think that's what they mean by humanoid. Like if you look at a gray and I have a photograph of one. If you look at a gray it but it has all the parts, right, It has the head, the eyes, it has armed legs, torso. And I think that's humid always kind of a umbrella. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I do think there's an element where we all have an experience of like seeing something like that person is a little off, you know, but you just kind of go on your way. You don't usually get to upset by it, you know, because there's there's usually like a veiled component.
Speaker 1: Totally, yeah, totally, Okay, So there here's the list. So I want to hit these high point lists. That sets us up for when we come back next week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The other list is and we'll start again with this next week. Are the markers of those that have been abducted. The one that is I think unanimous, but it's is missing time, right. Missing time is like holy shit, And I don't mean missing time like you're cooking and it's two hours later because you're having fun making when you're throwing pottery, and this is not missing time. This is missing time like what three hours eight hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at your clock and you're like, wait, I haven't done anything. I haven't moved. What the hell was I doing for three hours? Five hours? What it was like, Like, why is the sundown kind of situation? Right? What? That like? Wow?
Speaker 1: Major? Right?
Speaker 2: And some people will actually have a little bit of a hangover. Oh like and I think it's a disorientation. Oh that makes sense, right, Yeah, Like it's just like I'm not really sure what happened.
Speaker 1: That makes sense though. Yeah. They also have mysterious scars. There's a story that was told in the podcast about a guy who had like a like a two inch red triangle kind of burned on his skin from his abduction. They have injuries. They could also have healings. They can see you want to say something about healings. You don't want to say something about healings. Brenda does not want to say anything about healings.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just gonna say, like, they're not like I have a little booboo and now it's gone. It's like cancer and cancer, cancer's gone. Some situation that would have required surgery is no longer there, like AIDS.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's a case I heard of AIDS that somebody was abducted and they came back and they no longer had Yeah, AIDS. They see balls of light. That's another thing they have. This is would they come out of it right? This isn't why they're in it, but they see balls of light afterwards. They also have unexplained PTSD, and they have a fear of clowns, which we're going to get to next week. Fear of clowns, y'all, Cliff. In fact, we might need to call it fear of clowns. I think that's what next week episode should be called, Fair of Clowns. They also have dreams about UFOs. They either have an unusual I.
Speaker 2: Think a lot of times their dreams aren't directly of UFOs, but they're like something, something is examining them, but they can't necessarily see it, Like it's a distortion as opposed to oh, I remember meeting the specific alien and you know, their name was Like, it's not that, it's like a veiled kind of situation, like their unconsciousness trying to figure out part of what happened when perhaps they were.
Speaker 1: Do they have names? If they did, I would like to call them Simon just for the record.
Speaker 2: Well you tell them that, if they'd.
Speaker 1: Be like what's you say? And they look at being like what the hell you talk about? Like, okay, Simon, let's go.
Speaker 2: Well. But the stories I've heard is not that they have names, but that they do recognize, you know, aliens from oh you're you're that alien? Like they recognize them if they've have been repeatedly abducted.
Speaker 1: Hmm. I like that. But we haven't give them a name, and they have either you never heard name. Well, like I said, I'm going to give them one. So there Simon from Uranus, Yes, Simon from my Uranus. So they and also people can have either an unusual attraction or repulse repulsion to aliens like so that's part of what they come back with. And I have to tell everybody Like So in the next week, watch a Rival. I know we've talked about this movie before. I love it so much, You've talked about it. You love that movie Arrival.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I just love it. So watch that.
Speaker 2: Amy Adams is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've loved her in that seriously. Really. Yes, Yeah, there's lots of Actually, there's lots of movies about this. There's lots of books about obviously about this topic. There are stories there are you know, there's there's also I read in an article and it was about people on the spectrum and it was a list of it was it was a list of celebrities that are on the autism spectrum and one of them was Dan Ackroyd. And he actually claims that part of him being on the spectrum is actually his obsession with UFOs and aliens. Interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I did not I didn't know any of that.
Speaker 1: I just read it. I read it before you sent me this stuff. What the fuck's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Get ready summer Summer Rebelions.
Speaker 1: And okay, okay, so uh we're going to continue this and that's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Thanks tuning in to hear the og story as we launch ours summer Alien store. Why the stories up?
Speaker 1: Two? Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 2: So thanks for listening to everybody to remember our school is all.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, it is really hard without the other side and aliens and shit.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody. Thanks y'all, thank you for joining us, everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey pat and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot Store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, we want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember, our school is hard.
Speaker 1: Without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.