Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's Steve Covicular Coveno. You can just call me Covicular if you want. And today save it's in the manosphere. Welcome to the Covino and Rich Sphere, the Covino Sphere known as Fox Sports Radio. Bye Friday, Baby, or should I say Friday Friey Friday CNR on FSR with super producer Danny g Iowa Samuel. Sam's still excited from last night. Look at him Iowa Iowa his post on social media last night. He was unhinged. Oh so funny, of course, Dan byers here. Thank you guys for being here. Covino and Rich to weekends. Here we be rocking out less gone. I'm telling you it's so casual. I got sunglasses on and I got flip pops on weekends.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Today's Friday.
Speaker 1: I don't have any pants on. That's how casual it is right now. So love our Friday's, glorious Fridays. Love being here. We have games to play, prizes to give away. We're gonna play brain Wave, the game that sweeping the nation. We're gonna do some weekend hob nob and like we always do on Friday to get you ready for this weekend. It's action packed weekend of college basketball. Baseball's back. There's a big fight. We'll tell you all about it. Things you need to watch in the world of sports and entertainment, pop culture, and just so much fun to get to on this Friday. Yeah, we're gonna talk about hero moments. When were you the most heroic. We're also gonna talk about your biggest boners, like like mess ups. Yeah, we'll explain. Okay, cool, you don't have to beat that, Sam your biggest you blew in type of moments a la Nebraska putting four players on the court. So we'll talk. So we'll talk some hero moments, Caleb Williams in the news, we'll talk some NFL Brainwave giveaway prizes. But I did want to bring up one thing, just a quick follow up, and then we'll move on. I know you don't want to hear about my New York Metsi's too much you damn right, we don't. But I mean it's Fox Sports Radio and baseball started a couple of days ago. I don't care. You're watching the Yanks in the background. So one so to when lindor hate each other? Oh wow, there is ready no but there is UH? You have one game? Is there a side story? This proof? Okay, I want to hear it, this proof. And you didn't need to even put on your John Stossel mustache and investigate. There was no George Stephanopolis inside. Look, there was no uh on the scene yesterday when we all were locked in for opening Day. You don't get to watch the intros when you're just sort of watching the game unless you're locked in that early right right. You see the clips floating around social media afterwards, like you saw the Ores debut their new big screen in center field.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 1: I unveiled it. They unveiled it by showing the weak old one and then it just turns into the big one. They had the orange smoke plumes. Well, by the way, you're boy Alonzo getting the love he's always deserved. He got a standing ovation at his first at bat in Baltimore. Skip that part you saw Lost Dawyer's looking good. You saw a locko down yesterday. But as you're catching up on your own feed, you know, because your algorithm adjusts to you, I'm like, oh look, oh no, it's it said Wan Soto and Lindor hate each other. And I'm like, let me click here when they did the player intros. Jan Soto has a special handshake with every single met like even Carson Bench, the new young stud. We're talking like boom boom, like elaborate handshakes. Who me the young stud who went yard yesterday? Yeah, Francisco Alvarez, Brett Batty, you name it. He's got like some type of beat boot handshake. You know how he greets Lindor. Yeah, they're good, dude, Like look, not even a fist bump, a fistbump, a lazy dead fish of a fist bump. I'm gonna show you the video. We'll post it at Covino en Rich, but just proof that Lindor and Soto hate each other. And while I pull up that video, let's go to dB for some breaking news. What's up, Dan Bayer.
Speaker 2: Breaking news? From Fox Sports Guys.
Speaker 4: Tiger Woods has been arrested by authorities in Martin County, Florida, after he was involved in a rollover crash earlier Today. Sheriff's officials speaking with the media just a few moments ago, revealed that Tiger was placed under arrest for duy, property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test. The authorities there say that Tiger was driving his land Rover when he came upon a pressure cleaning truck that had a trailer on it. Tiger tried to avoid the truck as he was going at a higher rate of speed, clipped the back end of the trailer in Tiger's land rover turned over on his side. The authorities say that Tiger Woods crawled out of the passenger side of his vehicle. The passenger side window of his vehicle. Suffered no apparent injuries, but authorities there did feel that he appeared to be under the influence. He did take a breathalyzer test came out zero point zero zero, but he refused to take a uranalysis when taken to the sheriff's office, possibly under the influence of another substance. It would be speculation, but Tiger has spoken previously on painkillers or maybe prescription drugs or but we don't know that information. But his refusal to take that test allowed them to place him under arrest for DUI, refusal to submit to a lawful test, and property damage.
Speaker 1: That's a wild story, man. You know so many thoughts listening to that. Why first of all, like dude, come on, But then you hear he wasn't drunk, you have to assume it's like some sort of pain meds. Maybe this is all drug that's really speculate and not to cut you off.
Speaker 4: But the official there is that Tiger talked to the authorities explaining his injuries, so that would be maybe a reason of saying, like, hey, I'm taking that's me speculating here. But it was stated that he did mention his injuries to the officers at the scene of the crash, talking about previous injuries not from this crash.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying this is certainly excusable, but zero point zero on the breathalyser. It's not like he got trashed and got behind the wheel. This could be one of those maybe he wasn't quite aware of what's doing because he took something that made him drowsy reaction of yeah, like it didn't expect that. Either way, He's lucky to be alive. It sounds like, right, that's crazy. But no one killed or anything.
Speaker 4: No one was all the actually the passengers or the driver and the passenger of the pressure cleaning truck were not hurt. It was Tiger's vehicle that was tipped over. He clipped the trailer that the pressure cleaning truck was carrying. He was going at a high rate of speed, according to these officials, at least four where these vehicles were driving. That was also the case when he suffered the accident about five years ago here in southern California. But so Tiger Woods arrested charge with DUI and property damage.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. It's also a little misleading when you hear duy right, because you think, well, he must have been boozing. What was he doing boozing early in a day like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know, I don't know the clarity, but a lot of times you say d WY driving while intoxicated, you know he was under the influence of something.
Speaker 3: It just wasn't alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Duy d WI. There is a difference right. I mean because Timberlake and Britney Spears both were ones of DUI ones a DWY.
Speaker 5: It just very state to state. I think there's just this same thing. They caught you driving under the influence. You're you're not your right mind to be driving, You're on pills, you're on alcohol, whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: Either way, you're speaking at those high levels and your car turns over. It sounds lucky he got lucky. Put it that way, so I'm glad he's okay. I'm glad nobody's hurt here. But interesting story, Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, DWY again is what your blood alcohol content would be the driving under the influence. He wouldn't register anything on a breathalyzer, but that doesn't mean he wasn't under the influence of something. Yeah, whether it be a recreational or prescription drug or whatever y thing.
Speaker 1: A question for you, d being. Not to put you on the spot, but you're a big golf guy. Do these situations Tiger finds himself in does it affect his fandom or Tiger fans. Tiger fans and they just got his back through all these struggles.
Speaker 4: I feel that considering what he went through with the family stuff, that if you're going to be a Tiger fan, that that would have been the point that you would have jumped ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think that there's been a lot of deviants from the injuries that he suffered five years ago. I think more people looked at that as a comeback, like when are we going to see Tiger come back? So to answer your question, I don't think that this will change anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I feel like, you know, he's a legend and his fans got his back. Sure, if they have his back until yesterday, yeah, they're not going anywhere today.
Speaker 4: And there was another time where he was where there was a mug shot, so we talked about the accident that he had in southern California. There was another night where he was pulled over where we have the infamous Tiger mud shot, and now here's an incident here. So for whatever reason, it's not getting through to him. He's not understanding what is going on and what is at stake, And if you are a Tiger fan, you don't even have to be a Tiger fan. That is what is increasingly frustrating about this situation. It's nice to say, like, you know, like we I'm glad no one was injured. Glad Tiger wasn't injured. I'm glad the other two people were injured, but again luckily that no one was killed. This is the first time and it's not the second time with Tiger.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like that's as doctor philp Doctor Phil would say, well that's a pattern, yes, doctor patterns. This guy needs to stay stay out of the car, stay get off behind the wheel. You know, you make Tiger Woods money, you have someone drive you. That was the first thought I had when I heard the Timberlake story too. Man, you know what, that's the goal. I don't. I don't agree with it, but I the explanation always usually is when you say, if you're Tiger Woods or justin Timberlake or Britney Spears or someone, to have someone drive you. I think when you're that big of a name, you want your independence, the the like is it the fun fact that presidents can't drive ever you're president of the United States, like Pope's presidents, like certain people can't even get behind the wheel. It's like you're not allowed. I think there's some odd thing like Howard Stern, like what my freedom? It's president's Pope's and Howard Stern. Yeah, I mean Ronnie the limo driving needs a job.
Speaker 3: Right, Timberlake was driving a rental car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he went to like Hurts or something like I'm here. He was, my name is Timberlake. By the way, the video of Timberlake the guy, you know, there should be no laughing about a guy that was boozing behind the wheel, but he did not want that tape released Timberlake, and we all thought it was because maybe he was an a hole to the cops, or it was boisterous or crazy. If anything, it's like what a what a nice, humble guy? Stop making dumb decisions like the juice. There was no juice to it, if anything. Did you see the awkward part where he's like where you're going? He's like, I'm on a world tour.
Speaker 2: He couldn't explain I'm a musician, Like you what.
Speaker 5: Do you mean?
Speaker 1: They're like He's like, I'm I'm just in timber Yeah, I'm justin Timberlake.
Speaker 3: Rich. I felt like it was clickbait because it was like he drops his name and I so I click on it and watch it. I'm like and it was really set. I'm in town for work and he's like for what and he's like, I'm on a world tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was his assistant or like his his friend or something who's like, you can't take him in, you can't do this, and she was like trying to lobby on his behalf. And then you know he was but I mean he was very polite.
Speaker 1: Used to see what what else comes out of this Tiger Woods story. I'm with Dan Byer. It's a little disappointing too. It's like, yo, dude, come on, you got to be better than that. Well, you know, I think hopefully three times three times that you know, you get away with it, meaning like no one's killed. Eventually he gets through like maybe you're not. Maybe it's not your stars Tiger Woods to get behind the wheel, benefit benefit of the down. I was at the Orthopedic Doctor today, true story, you know, get my shoulder checked out? Rotator in drinks? How's throwing heat? Are you gonna be back after the All Star But I don't know, man, but seriously, we need you, we need you out of the pen. Coveno and always prescribed something and that was my first questions, like, hey, doc, is it gonna make me drowsy because I have a blabbermouth I got to keep up with every day on Fox Sports Radio. I can't be getting sleepy. He's like, no, but you know, you got to take this with food, otherwise maybe it will have an effect on you. You never know what this guy's taking, how it affects him. You know, he's always in some sort of pain. He's Tiger Woods, so her it affects your hairline and you're a rectile dysfunction. I hope not. I hope not. My point is I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here, even though he doesn't necessarily deserve it, based on the patterns and that maybe he was taking something that made him a little sleepy, a little drowsy, a little off. Who knows, man, We'll see. Dan Byer's got your updates. Stick around for that. Now, Rich you were in the middle of this Lon Soto thing. I do find that really interesting. We made fun of you, Like, all right, you're already yapping about your mets. That's bad. You want good chemistry at the workplace, especially when winning revolves around that. And if Sodo and Lindor can't put that aside, I don't like that at All. We just saw what Sodo's capable of in the WBC. That's a stark star contrast if he can't put it together with Lindor. If if you see two people that are squabbling, sometimes it's very clear to see who the problem is based on everyone else around them. And yesterday at All Opening Day, there's a montage that someone put together. It's pretty funny. It's it's Carson Bench, the young stud rookie that went yard yesterday hit a bomb. Him and Soto look like they've been lifelong best buddies. And how cool was that? Right, Soto is a superstar and he's the guy asked slapping and high five and with this young dude, that's great to see. And when they did the announcements of all the players on the team, this, uh, let's see. I'll give this guy props. Sounds like Lindor's a problem. He's a director of baseball. Oh, the director of baseball Baseball, Fernando Barlestrosa. He commented on this, and I'll give him props because it says uncontrolled egos among the mets between Puerto Rican Francisco Lador and Dominican Juan Soto are becoming increasingly obvious to even fans. Watch how they greeted each other on opening day. I'm gonna show you and we'll post the video wants. I want you to look at the beginning. So here's here's Lindor coming out right. Take a look, right, Well, we can't pretend that body language doesn't matter, because it absolutely does. Just watch this video. I'm gonna hand my phone to you. And there's one door. Yeah, shakes Mendoz's hand, the manager, Yeah, he's there. There, Him and Soto didn't even address each other. Then there's Bashett. Lindor just gives everyone a little wan. Soto is giving everyone love and has special handshakes except for Lindor, which is straight. And I love Lindor, I say. Lindor is such a likable guy, says all the right things. It seems like him and Soto are just you know, too many even look like new met Luis Robert Junior that was on the White Sox. Look at this.
Speaker 3: We want to see it too. Rich holds your phone up to the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel let go, there you go. But look him and Soto special handshake him. I don't know, man, So you know whether it's my that's are your team egos? Yeah, Wellky Spotty's posting it. Look look at him and Lindor just nothing. Sorry. When I come into the studios, I give everybody a fist pump and a vato non bishet him and him look, bro hugs, there's Polanco, him and Sodo special handshake everything just so do's the guy when door's the problem. The kid to chemistry is a good handshake with everybody. That's why I slap everybody's ass equally here in the studio.
Speaker 3: Oh nice work, Sputty. It's Covino and rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Sure is Join us live and chime in watch what you hear on the radio. Again. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you miss any of the show today, the podcast goes up. After the show. Danny g puts a best of the week up tomorrow at six am Eastern, So check that out wherever you stream your podcast, Apple Podcasts and streaming live now at Covino in rich FSR. For over forty years, Tirerak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by Free Road Hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, ti rack dot com theway tire buying should be. Now, Baseball's heating up. We got an action packed weekend. But there's another story. We got to get to Baseball's heating up. But who's the coolest guy in the room? The Iceman? The Iceman. Now, when I say the iceman, who do.
Speaker 2: You think of?
Speaker 1: I think, I think, well, I think of top Gun, I think of Chuck Ladell, and then I think Val Kilmer immediately. Yeah, when I say the iceman, who comes to mind? When I say Coolest Ice, you're thinking Vanilla Ice?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But when I say the Iceman, who comes to mind? Because apparently the Chicago media gave someone else this nickname. I don't know who's signed off on it, who approved this, how it came to be, But I'll say this to get out of the way. We understand that things go in cycles and things are generational, But apparently Caleb Williams is the Iceman and he's trying to get this trademark. Now, does any one outside of Chicago think of this guy as the Iceman?
Speaker 3: No? No, we know the og Iceman is Gervin.
Speaker 1: Right, George Gervin is the guy, and there's a whole backstory on how he didn't get that trademarked, right dang.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So a business associate was in charge back in the day of getting his trademark for Iceman and Iceman forty four, which was his jersey number, and this guy passed away. Everybody, including Gervin and his camp, thought that it had the task had been done. So all these years they thought they had it, but once Caleb filed, they found out, Oops, we don't have it right now. So that's why Gervin as opposed to this.
Speaker 1: Gervin comes to mind. But you know oldheads, we'll say Gervin Mike who runs this place, that was his immediate friend. Guys like mad Dog Russo probably like man, that's right, he's the Ice man. There's only one Iceman, right, It depends who you ask. I get it. It's generational.
Speaker 3: They put the name Ice on the back of Gervin's jersey.
Speaker 1: But you gotta think top Gun. I'm not even a top Gun fan. But props to Val Kilmer, we've had the honor of interviewing him. Couldn't have been a nicer dude, such a cool guy. He's the iceman from top Gun. You gotta think Chuck Ladell. We live out here in Los Angeles. I think everybody in the valley has had a chucklate Dell sighting, whether it's at Costco or just strutting down the street of Inventora Boulevard. He is the iceman in the world of fighting. You know who owns the name? And are there other ones that are in question? Yes, because there's more than one nickname where there's multiple people that come to mind. So we'll go over who owns the nickname? And what would it take for Caleb Williams in your mind to really beat the iceman? So two faulty here? What would it take for Caleb? And I got a list of other nicknames? All right? All right, cool, we got we're on the same pitch, on the same brain wave. And by the way, spiking of to which we will play later today, you can win a prize if you are on our brainwave at Covine on Rich and again, who is the iceman to you? Well, we'll take your feedback next. All right. Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach. With we Bawl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term for you and your family with iras, cash management and custodial accounts for children. We bill gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. That's the key. Now it's been weeks in a row of a down market, so some say now is the time to really start looking. So if you want to take your preparation and skills to the next level, check out we Bowl's learn resources. To join their in app community. You could discuss investing trends and what's happening alongside twenty five million other users globally. And now you can help streamline all those activities with Vega. That's the AI market assist that you get real time analysis, watch list insight, and alerts when earnings drop. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bowl app today or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 6: We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA. Investing involves risk for more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Jay.
Speaker 7: I'm the producer of the Paula and Toni Fusco Show. Usually in these promos they ask you to listen to the show. I'm here to ask you please don't listen to the show. The hosts are two absolute morons who have the dumbest takes on sports, imagicable. Don't listen to the show so it can get camps.
Speaker 1: What the hell are you doing our studio? Get him? Paul Ignore that fool. Listen to the Pauline Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. He's still moving Oo woo, Tang Covino and Rich Steve Covicular Covino, Rich, Dicky Gottle, Davis, Danny g I Sam Did that guy get arrested in Florida? Speaking of Tiger Woods arrest and speaking of Timberlake and Britney Spears. That manosphere knucklehead, the guy you want to punch in the nose. Yeah, I'm Clubvicula, vicular segular, the guy who's obsessed with looksmaxing. If you want to learn more about that check out Inside the Manosphere is a new documentary on Netflix. I'd rather learn about anything more than that, dude. That's fine. You might learn something here on Covino Netch. Maybe not. We've got prizes to give away. We're gonna play brain Wave, we got weekend hobnobbing and more. We're gonna talk your biggest boner, your biggest mess ups in life, all on Nebraska, but we're live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Professional wrestling fans, the action continues every week TNA Thursday Night Impact every week. Don't miss the adrenaline, the drama, and the total NonStop action as you watch your favorite TNA wrestling stars. For showtimes and more information, visit TNA Wrestling dot com and be sure to check out Stay in the Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge at Fox Sports Radio dot Com, where hosts like Rich and I compete against other listeners. I'm just a little buttter because I think I'm in last place and you're in second.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 1: Damn Skippy with mean, How's that possible? How is it not?
Speaker 5: Covino took darts that had each team's name on it. He threw them at dark Board.
Speaker 1: Don't give way much. This is no more perfect bracket. We could have told you that with the one thousand dollars gift cards still on the line. Though. We got some plug We got some listeners right there in the mix. So the Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge presented by we Bowl. If you want to get your financial portfolio game ready, gotta check out we Bowl. With wee Bowl, you get powerful investing tools, real time data, all on one platform. So investing and download it today. We bowls app or visit we bowl dot com.
Speaker 6: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com. Slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's Friday. We're so casual on this Friday, and Rich has flip flops on. So I don't know who owns the flop Lebron James or Rich Davis. We're gonna talk about who owns what? Okay, who owns nicknames? When I say iceman, you think of who? Well, Caleb Williams is going for the trademark. Caleb Williams, Dude, he got ice in his veins. She she's got the ices. He's great. I mean has he Iceman earned that nickname. He didn't pick it. The Chicago media gave it to him. Buddy Ice. There's so many people that come to mind. Chuck Ladale's number one for me. We know it's generational. It depends on who you ask. But let's go over some other ones and let's get you involved. At eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, speaking of Lebron James Rich King, do you think of Haku Harley Race Vitamin King of Cartoons? I think of as nickname King James No. I mean it's gotta be mean. Elvis Presley. Yeah, there you go. That's another great corn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who's the king? King of what? The King of cartoons, King of Bongo bong, King James Man. I also think of king ing the macho King. How do you say the macho man? All right, here we go, let's get controversial, ready, because this is an upset a lot of people. You said the machoi he's if he's the macho King, well then I think Hector Camacho owns the macho man. You're out of your mind. No one, he was famous first, No, he had his fame came up in the early eighties. It's macho time. These are his trademark things. This is when boxing mattered. Man, you show man, Hector, Macho Camacho. You can't say he's the Macho King, and he's the macho he owns all the nicknames. Because you're a wrestling fan, you're you're out of your damn mind. Macho Camacho was a big name fighter back you early eighties. Randy Savage should become famous until the mid to late eighties. Well, get this, if you asked one hundred people, if you were Steve Harvey with your big fat mustache, well it's generational. He has to one hundred people. No, you could ask. Now you asked him in the eighties, Hector Camacho would probably win. Ninety five out one hundred. People would say Macho man. Oh yeah, Randy Savage. No one who would say Macho Camacho. I think you're also downplaying his importance at that time. Well, I mean, I'm telling you right now. If you asked one hundred people now, yeah, well they would say, oh yeah, like the song, they might say Steve Carino, I don't know, I'll give you another one. Ready, I'll give you another one. I got a few on the Dome off the Don't speaking of boxing? Right? Who owns sugar? Is it Sugar? Ray Robinson?
Speaker 2: Is it Sugar?
Speaker 1: Ray Leonard? Is it sugar Shane Mosley? Is it Sugar showan O'Malley for the younger dudes who love MMA? Or is it just Mark McGrath.
Speaker 3: It feels like sugar Ray Leonard because of that's the one parents.
Speaker 1: I would say, Sugar Ray Leonard's the answer over Ray Robinson. How about the Archies they did sugar Sugar?
Speaker 3: It's really there?
Speaker 1: That's so obscure, Sam, I'll tell you what. My mom loves that reference. I got one system of it down also has a song called Sugar for the rock fans. But like when you say sugar, who comes to mind? It's generational. But I think there's clear answers, like I really do think it's Chuck Ladell as far as Iceman I do. Or Okay, so you think it's Gervin probably right, Danny g being a basketball fan. Yeah, I mean he had that nickname for so many years. Don't and I didn't get to watch him play or anything, But I don't think anyone thinks stories about him. You talking about the old timey times. If you asked one hundred people, I'm just pretending. If you ask people from teenage years to ninety year olds, who's the iceman, Well.
Speaker 3: For our generation, it would be top Gun and then Chuck lad I.
Speaker 1: Think most people get to the popularity of top Gun and then top Gun Maverick made a bazillion dollars and rest in peace. Val Kilmer. One of the first times Titch and I experienced this was when LT came up and we immediately thought Lawrence Taylor and the kid was talking about Ladany and Tomlinson. We're like, oh wait, hold on, oh Ron l Ta. Yeah, it was. That was the first time I was brought to our attention that there's generational differences depending on.
Speaker 3: Who you ask, and those are initials to me.
Speaker 1: So macho man is Randy Savage. Iceman is Val Kilmer. I think king is uh king Hippo King Hippo from a punch out. I think it's Elvis Presley or Lebron King. James, Well, I'm the king. It's gotta be Elvis. No, yeah, what about this old you gotta see that movie so good? If I said, if I said Joe cool, it's Snoopy is it Nameth Montana? Like, who do you think? Honestly? Snoopy?
Speaker 5: I think he owns I was thinking of this cigarette. I was that's Joe Camill.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I know you're not big NASCAR guys. But the King was also Richard Petty. There's been lots of the King.
Speaker 1: Is that who run? DMC was down with down with the King.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they were big naskar.
Speaker 1: What if I said flash? Are you thinking flash? Gordon Bolt? The Runner? But like there's a few people would flash Dwayne Wade Dwayne Wade's flash? Yeah, I think John Flawherty of the New York Yankees. You're the only one. I'm the only guy. But it's funny, yeah, Like who owns these names? It depends on who you ask, But there has to be a winner. It can only be one in this game. You think there's too many people that have a last name Rodriguez that just do the rod, like k Rod a Rod j Rodd, Like is there someone that owns the rod? Y I'm telling you said, is there someone that owns the rod? I think like when you say Rod, I think ay Rod. Like everyone else, I feel like followed the lead of a rod with the the abbreviation k Rod j Rod all the Rods.
Speaker 5: What if Andy Roddick was calling himself a rod long before.
Speaker 1: Only rod that I give credit to besides a Rod is Rod Roddy rest in peace? Come on, dad, hot Rod? Oh hot rod Roddy. All right? So, when it comes to these nicknames, who owns what? And most of all, who owns the iceman? And your thoughts on this.
Speaker 3: And can they be shared? Like, do you guys have a problem with because like, think of creating a band or you're a rapper and you're getting your name for you know, your act together. You're not gonna go with something that's already used.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, I mean sometimes you can't, right, So the problem was it wasn't trademarked. So I'm not mad at Kayleb Williams because you know, at first, at first sight of the story, I'm thinking, dude, you can't do that, because I thought he was giving himself that nickname I did. That was my first instinct. I didn't know it was sort of given to him. And that being said, he's thinking like a smart businessman, trying to make it happen. I can't be mad at that. At all.
Speaker 3: What about the goat?
Speaker 1: When I say the goat, I think Tom Brady or ll Coole j owns it right, ll cool J. But then I think Michael Jordan was one of the first. I think people deemed like he's the goat because, as Caveno points out on occasion when we were kids, goat was not a good thing. It was like the hero and the goat, Like the goat was like, man, you messed up, like the rehearsed ability. Yeah. Then greatest of all time, LL cool J. And then the first I think the first deemed goat wouldn't have when do you think I think if goat boy Jim Brewer, I think he owns it. So thanks for your feedback. You know I'm really bad at pulling up this live chat, so let me do it right now. I can't cannot rich guys playing with his flip flops under the console. Let me pull this up so I could see what the people are saying live. I just looked up because I was not being lazy. I want to say, if we're missing any and I looked up shared nicknames of sports legends. Do you know anyone that called Hakim Olajuan the Wizard. No, he was the dream Yeah, I thought Hacke the dream Man because they said Ozzie Smith and Hakim Olajuan both called the Wizard. And I'm like, I don't know about Hakkem, but Ozzie Smith the Wizard. But there's I think if a legend has a nickname, it's pretty pretty wild to go after it. Like That's what's interesting about the Iceman because we've had a few legendary icemen. So the fact that Caleb and the Chicago Press like, yeah, yeah Iceman, I'm like, what do we got like multiple iceman?
Speaker 3: Multiple?
Speaker 1: You know what? I'm going through the feedback though, everyone from Jones talent a fan, Wes Scott for mayor, most people on the live chat streaming live at Covino and Rich FSR are saying Chuckldell. But again, that does prove though it is generational, it is all right. So that's the story when it comes to that. Now we got to give Iowa Sam the chance to gloat in his glory. We're gonna talk about your biggest boner. No, because a boner was pulled last night. Now I'm not talking about you, Iowa Sam. I'm talking about what happened in that Iowa game, and I want your breakdown, I want your thoughts, But here's what I want from the Fox Sports Radio nation. Start thinking of the biggest bonehead plays in sports, but the biggest boner moments in your life. I'm not talking about that time you got a hold of the Spice channel. I'm not talking about I'm talking about your biggest mess ups, like or its just like embarrassing, like, oh, he'll never live down. I can't believe I did that, because you can't live down a Chris Webber moment, no matter how great you are. I'm not sure Nebraska could live down what happen and yesterday. You can't live down. You can't live down. Who's the guy? I guess he could live down because I forgot his name. No, that's just you being a boneheitt. Do you remember in the eighties when they would always do plays of the year the guy that forgot he was on first base and pulled his pants down to Steve Lyons. Was it Steve Lyons? Yeah, Like we're talking about like boneheaded moves, like, oh my god, I can't believe I did that. Interestingly enough, I could think of more things I've seen Covino deal. Can I give you one? Because do you share a nickname with Kurt Hennick? Is that why? Because I couldn't think of anything I've ever really done. I can't think of any bonehead things I've done. About wearing flip flops to work? I mean, how would you fIF Danny g Roll double A. Hey, I'm in my flipflops. It's like, yo, dude, how about you not wear them to work? I think that's a bonehead problem, me wearing flip flops. Yeah, it's a workplace. No one wants to see your bats. No one wants to see her penis toes in the office. I'm sorry, it's offensive. I got long tos. No one wants to see that. It's the workplace. It's not like I got lebron fore or Stephen Tyler feet, which are worse. True, I'll give you that. I will give you that. So guys start thinking about your bonehead moves in life. We'll go over what happened last night. I thought of a third. I have three Cavino bonehead moments. That's fine. We'll go over that next and share some stories. But Dan Byer has an update. What's up?
Speaker 4: DBB guys tracking down the information that came from Jupiter Island, Florida. Earlier today, Martin County Sheriff John Bedenzek giving the details on the two car crash involving Tiger Woods at about two o'clock local time today in South Florida.
Speaker 8: The individual driving that land rover was able to crawl out the passenger drawer of the car and was identified to be mister Tiger Woods. Our DUI investigators came to the scene here and mister Woods did exemplify signs of impairment.
Speaker 1: So that was the sheriff.
Speaker 4: Tiger did blow a zero point zero zero on a breathalyzer, but refused to take a yurin test and was placed under arrest following the two car crash. So Tiger Woods arrested earlier today on charge a suspicion of DUI property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test following that rollover crash in Jupiter. I learned Island, Florida earlier today College basketball to tell you about Yukon, the top ranked team in the women's tournament, currently in the Tough One with North Carolina thirteen twelve. Yukon leading the tar Heels early in the second quarter. Earlier today, Notre Dame punched their ticket in Regional one to the leit eight as a six seed fighting Irish top Vanderbilt sixty seven to sixty four. We know the men, tip it off, Duken Saint John's get things going tonight in DC seven to ten Eastern time. That's in the East region, Yukon on Michigan State to follow in Chicago. In the Midwest region, it's Michigan against Alabama, followed by Iowa State and Tennessee. Hey, are you into video game? Celebrities are just a good time? The Global Gaming League is a video game league with celebrity owned teams celebrities like t Paine and Neo competing in everything from Call of Duty to Tetris. Sign up and join the league now at Globalgaming League dot com. The NBA has reportedly presented three anti tanking proposals so their Board of Governors and how the lottery could change. Cavino's Yankees right now scoreless with the Giants in the fourth inning. Sixteen year MLBVET Jason Hayward announced his retirement. Former Raider center Barrett Robins has died at the age of fifty two, the Buffalo Bills re signed safety Tomorrow Hamlin to a one year deal. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: You forgot that, uh Cam Schlitzler's dealing, Dan Byer dealing right now. So yeah, Yankees playing early. I'm pumped about that. Let's do it now again. We're gonna get to your phone calls and feedback. Next, we're gonna go over what happened last night, your thoughts on Iowa Nebraska, but your bonehead moves in life that you'll never live down. I thought the fourth for you fine things, well the fifth five things that you did in life that you'll never live down, or just things in sports if you want to talk about that too, that's fun. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox We get to it next, plus Brainwave and Weekend Hobnob and right here on Cavino and Rech Fox Sports Radio. All right, now, have you ever wiped with a piece of single ply toilet paper and wondered, oh my god, is this as good as it gets? Well, it's not. It gets a lot better thanks to the wet, extra large cleaning power of dudewipes. And we say extra large, we mean business no matter what the size of your mess from top to bottom. Dudes, has you covered for confident clean They comfortably clean up whatever TP leaves behind for No more maintenance wipes, no more dangleberries, no more debris, no way irritation, not a chance. Time to make the trade of the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dudewipes and start experiencing the confident clean of dudewipes. Maybe one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of sense and sensations like mint, chill, chill in shade, shet butter. To protect your end zone. Join the movement for cleaner movements in that skid free life. Available on Amazon all major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes best clean pants down. All right, welcome back to the show. You know sings a song you at karaoke because you're laying because you are flip flops to work. Daniel Powder.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is a great one hit wonder from the two thousands. In fact, if you remember back on American Idol, can I tell you I did know that? Though probably because you bring it up. Book Back on American Idol, there was a couple of seasons. Why when you got kicked off the show. That's what they played when they did the little montage of here's your time on the show later. I remember that was voted one of the biggest one hit wonders of the two thousands. Speaking of votes, Rich voted for Taylor Hicks one hundred times. It's one of his bragging rights. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studios. You voted for Sanjaya, I did, I did, and bo Bice. It's time for our ti Iraq play of the day. We are Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. And last night we had a tip and win to go to the Elite eight for Purdue. Smith working against Weaver dribbles right, puts.
Speaker 2: Up a runner right of the Wayne.
Speaker 1: Thanks it allf tip my Coffinorada's god point seven ago seventy nine seventy seven perdue Son.
Speaker 2: Of a Gun.
Speaker 1: You know that was what prevented my four for four. Dude, you were three in You know I did my four for four. Don't be a ridiculous balky parlay where I said, I'm gonna just pick the teams that I think are cooler. Yeah, yeah, I was three for four And if it wasn't for that tip in we would have went four for four because nobody beats Frank Purdue. I told you, you know what, I should have listened to you. That was courtesy of Westwood One and our ty Iraq Play of the Day. For over forty years, ty Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection, with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation ti iraq dot com the way tire buying should be. So. Speaking of college basketball, yeah, but by the way, Action Pack weekend, we're so pumped for it. Iowa wins over Nebraska seventy seven to seventy one. But Nebraska's winning the whole game and they've never gone this far and that's the thing. And they called time out when they were still in the game and still had a chance to win, and they send four dudes back out on the court. What happened, I don't you know what. I don't need to explain. Let coach Fred Hoiberg explain.
Speaker 9: Put that one on me. It was a miscommunication, and you know I'm the head coach. Put that one on me.
Speaker 10: The four men on the on the court on that final inbound. There's some confusion online about if that's the rules, you're supposed to have five guys on the court where deep where the officials supposed to hold the ball before the ball was penciling?
Speaker 9: Good question, Rob, And I've never been in a situation like that. I know they always count to make sure there's not six. I don't know the rule on that with four, but yeah, I mean again, it was a miscommunication, and you know, unfortunately it happened. But that you know, as far as the rule, I've never been a part of anything like that.
Speaker 1: So they made a mistake, and Sam, you reaped all the benefits, Sam, Well, is your thoughts. You're a big Iowa fan, obviously Iowa.
Speaker 3: Sam.
Speaker 5: They it was a little over a minute left and they I think they had a three point lead or yeah, they had three point lead.
Speaker 1: And then he just hucks it down there and ALFL.
Speaker 5: Garris just brings it in like Jerry Rice cause gets the n one lays it in.
Speaker 1: But again Nebraska down a defender.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so they just like, oh, but he was so ready to pounce on him with that.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, you get that down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think they might be right from that bit of sound like you'll get a courtesy check from the rest of times, be like, there's you have six guys on the floor. That just technical foul. So they didn't tell him you only have four guys on the floor. And everyone on the bench for Nebraska seemed to be in disarray coming off of a time.
Speaker 1: And everyone's sort of shocked. But they called it immediately in the game, like there was only four guys on the court, top of there, and that's that's like little league stuff. That's like when you tell the kids to run out on the field or on.
Speaker 5: The court, and it's like but I think it was Fan Gundy right after the play happened. He's like, there's only four guys.
Speaker 1: Out there, yep, yep, And immediately social media goes wild. The worst thing we've seen since Chris Weber. So that brings us to your biggest boner moment? Could I give one of the ones I remember about you? Because I said I've since I you know. And by the way, when we say boner moment, it's from a famous early nineteen hundred's baseball play.
Speaker 2: Merkele pulls boner.
Speaker 1: He was a Cub and he forgot to touch second base in a really crucial situation, and that was their elimination game, if I'm not mistaken, and it was merkle Pull's boner. So Bonehead moves go ahead. I mean, we're running out of time. I feel like there's I have my Cavino Top five boners. You need that much time to make fun of me? Well, I think people are going to want to hear this. Clearly, the top five stupid it Herely, when you think a big boners think of me, then I don't know if anyone's ever thought that, But hey, we'll do it next right here, and we'll play brain Wave coming up. Hangtime more CNR