Speaker 1: Oh mate, tonight it's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get like a few beers for later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I might just grab some ale or something. What's that like? Beer? Okay, I'm just gonna get some bud light. Yeah, of course you are.
Speaker 4: Good morning. Welcome to the No Dunks Podcast on the Athletic Network, Thursday, November eighteenth. Skeets and alongside me, as always, we got Tasmellis.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 4: What's up? Task? We got a tapsha hot boy, Trey Kirby, Hey out ay ay oh, the international man of mystery taking it to the max le Ellis friend oh right, and finally our super producer making the magic happen. It's JD.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: There he is here. We are at least some of us team for joining us live on YouTube. Make sure you subscribe, like, comment, share the show if you haven't already. No Dunks merch available now for the holiday season. Go to No Dunks dot com. Get yourself some No dungks, T shirts and hoodies and mugs and shorts, lots of goodies over there. Apologies for my auto yet my auto. Apologies for my audio on yesterday's show. Maybe it was sounding like anytime I said audio like auto, I had the wrong setting on my record. So that's my bat, my bat my bat whoops?
Speaker 2: What you get in?
Speaker 4: Ah? Yeah, fix it. I guess have the right setting. I got all excited talking to Dan Grenfell. That's what happened, So I don't think I did it right. Finally, later today new No Buffs. Yes, that's right. Join Jason Conceptional, Trey JD, and myself to recap last night's crazy episode of Survivor. Oh my goodness, So search for No Buffs on YouTube, Apple, Spotify, wherever you listen to podcasts. We're gonna go live right here on YouTube at five pm Eastern, Well not right here, but over on the nod No Buffs feed, So make sure you join us there if you're a Survivor fan. Okay, great start by me today, stumbling, tumbling all over these words. I'm already upset with the lee because I think there's a delay. Maybe there's not. Maybe it's me. Oh my god. Guys, quick note about all eleven games. That's what we're gonna try and do today. Will this be a four hour long podcast? Yeah, probably, but we'll do it our best to give it a quick little pace lee get us started. Yiannis and Middleton helped the Bucks defeat the Lakers one o nine, one oh two.
Speaker 3: What do you got Yeah, I haven't got a quick hit it for you guys, because honestly, this.
Speaker 4: Was the don't you fucking do play by play?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do play by play, but honestly, watching Yannis last night, I mean this sends a message to the rest of the No. Middleton came back. He looked okay, didn't look his best, but he was okay, shot the ball and just added another layer there. But this is all about Yannis. Forty seven points on only twenty three shots, three for four from the free three point line and eight for eleven from the free throw line. And the Lakers were like, I don't want to defend this guy. No one wanted to defend him. Anthony Davis is like, I'm not doing all the scoring and having to defend this guy because Jannas. This is what Yannas when he saw Anthony Davis, he drove at him, he bodied him, he dirked him, and at one point Yannas was coming down in transition and Dwight was on the court, and so was Anthony Davis, and they both did the old yeah you get him, you get him. Yannas just stepped into a three. Now, his three is still a part of his game that he's working on, but when he steps into it with confidence in the rhythm like that he can take that shot and knock it down early in the game, fine, but oh my god, Like if you're the Lakers last night, this was one of those games where the Lakers theoretically were in this game. They led in the fourth quarter, but they never really felt like they were going to win this game because they just did not have an answer for a guy who just was doing what he wanted. If you look at the box score, Jannis only had nine rebounds and three assists by his standard, quite moderate game, but he just had such control and domination of this game that it was never really in doubt. And that's the problem here for the Lakers. It was just like, we're fighting hard, we're doing what we can, but we don't have Yarnas. Our best player is Anthony Davis. He was fine, but Yannis was just incredible. And as I say, Chris Middleton coming back hit a couple of threes. They certainly could use his extra offense out there. But it's just it's such an incredible difference when you have Yannis in control like that, and the Lakers and Frank Vogel and everyone was just like, we have literally no idea how to stop this guy. No, no team is like, oh we can stop Yannis. I mean when he's like that. But what I love about the evolution of his game is, you know, taking what the defense gives him. Okay, Anthony Davis, you're going to come up. They set a screen and there is literally no help defense whatsoever. He just takes those gigantic steps in and then just drops the ball into the basket a couple of times. Okay, Anthony Davis is going to face him one on one, boom, get out the way. I'm just going to go inside and have either a dunk or a layup. And then again when Davis did sort of push him back a little bit in the paint, as I say, he dirked him. So, I mean, Yannis was just on his game last night. Incredible performance. Closer in the final score than I felt the game was, but really just a fun fun watch. A little bit of shack in there, a little bit of Steph Curry, a little bit of Kevin Durant, a little bit of Dirk, a little bit of James Harden all rolled into.
Speaker 4: A but really number, there really was number.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you imagine if prime shack was just pulling up in transition for threes? I mean, that's kind of what it was. And then again, like I say, Janna says, point Yanna's and it's like set a screen and Davis is like, there's no way on fighting around the screen. Someone else can deal with him, And Yannis just said, okay, there's a layup, so beautiful game to watch, fun game to watch. Yannas incredible. The Bucks slow stuf haven't been playing all that well, but no need to really worry when you say performance like that last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they have their big three sort of back here now with Middleton, Drew Holiday and you honest where you called Anthony Davis fine? I want more slander. I want more hate for ad. He's dropping the ball here with Noel Lebron. Where the hell is he? He has like one game? Yeah, it feels like every four or five games at this point, and a lot of the other time task seems a little like checked out Lollygagon. If we're being honest, I thought this guy's top seventy five all the time. He does not look like a superstar on most nights right now, again with no Lebron, that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: I guess he's a little bit like me. According to Charlie Tuesley in the stream, Charlie says Task is falling asleep.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, maybe AD.
Speaker 2: Is the difference between Ad and Yannis. It's quite a parent you know, watching this game. Yannis is a regular season monster, and there's always the debate in the playoffs since Ye's the best player in the game, is he the best player of the game. That's when Anthony Davis and Lebron, who has taught him very well, turn it on. But regular season Jannis is indestructible. He's just a different guy in the regular season. So Anthony Davis is not stepping up while Lebron is out. I honestly think Lebron has just taught him to bide his time during the regular season and be ready for the playoffs. Anthony Davis is coming off a postseason where he was not right when they lost to Phoenix in the first round. That's probably part of it, and he's a little bit in chill mode. And I'm sure he's not entirely thrilled with the Lakers construction roster construction where he has to guard Yanis one on one, but Jannis is ready for every single possession out there. There was the GQ article we touched on yesterday where Yanni said, listen, I just need a challenge every single season. I think he's just telling the front office I don't take regular season games off. You see me, I'm a different animal out there. I will not chill, and you as a front office can't chill either, which is what the Lakers are doing. I guess, you know, kind of like the Bucks are getting it together with all their healthy guys. If the Lakers do that, I think they you know, they'll be fine. They just want to finish top four, and they're definitely within that range. I think a good sign for them is that they're such a top heavy team. Their fourth highest player, Taylor Horton Tucker, had a team high twenty five and twelve. So if you're such a top heavy team, your your next guy's got to play pretty well, and they gave him an extension. The guy hasn't even played eighty two regular season games in his career, but he's playing pretty damn good since he's come back from injury twenty three and seven and shooting forty nine percent from the floor and hitting three so he could be a starter in the playoffs. So yes, Anthony Davis is disappointing for sure, just like me, Charlie Tuesday falling asleep over here. But I get it. I get Lakers fans worrying. But isn't it just chill mode. I mean, that's what Lebron does. And then I think his taught his guy very well.
Speaker 4: Lee, you got the trifecta time I swift.
Speaker 3: These leaf blowers do not stop until ten oh five, whenever we stopped the show.
Speaker 4: That's been light YEP shows on.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least we know they're actually just blowing something. At least though, all right, let's keep it going. We got too many games, Trey, You're up next, book or scored twenty four. Sons beat the MAVs for their tenth straight victory. Phoenix Suns on fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw a hater in the stream team earlier pre complaining that we were only going to be talking about the Bucks and the Bulls, and that we were going to ignore the Sun's ten game winning streak. And let me tell you, complaining two hours before a show starts really makes me not want to talk about the Suns winning ten straight games. But here's a bone throw for you. No Dantis for the MAVs. So it only took one quarter of real basketball for the Sons to get their tenth straight win. Six Sons scored five or more points in the fourth quarter to pull this one out. Chris Paul had six points and seven assists in the quarter, DeAndre eight and didn't miss a shot. He went four for four in the fourth got a sweet dish from Chris Paul for one of those assists.
Speaker 2: That was nice.
Speaker 5: And Devin Booker hit a three under a minute to ice things for Phoenix.
Speaker 4: This was a.
Speaker 5: Quality, professional win for the Suns. They didn't play great, but they executed down the stretch to get the win. I hope you're happy, Rexamus Prime. That one's for you, Rexamus Prime. Ten straight wins, you had to play one quarter against the team missing their best player.
Speaker 6: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Moving on, Yeah, I mean we had Booker in the thumbnail. It was in the title of the show coming up, Like he said, two hours later, there you go, Suns though incredible ten straight that is wild task your up next year. Lillard rallies the Blazers to the one twelve one oh seven victory over Trey Kirby's Chicago Bulls. I think the Blazers are back to five hundred. They are they not?
Speaker 5: Are?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A weird season for them, seven to one at home, one and seven on the road. I talked to Jason Quick yesterday on the Athletic app. He's been covering the team for twenty four years.
Speaker 3: You think about that.
Speaker 2: That's older than probably Rexhimus Prime or are these people listening to our show at twenty four freaking years? Anyways, he painted a pretty bleak picture when I talked to him. He said, Nurkic isn't mentally tough enough. He's not that building block that Portland thought he was. Robert Covington is disappointing. He's probably gonna go to the bench eventually for this here little it's time to break up the CJ Dame backcourt. According to him, like people have been saying, he went deeper to say that some positives. Chauncey Billps is the guy that should be leading them moving forward as their head coach. He's playing well. And Damian Lillard, even though he's coming on recently, he was questionable going into last night against the Bulls. Well, he did play and it looked bad, very bad for the Blazers in the first half. They're down twenty points, and then things changed when Nurkish went to the bench in the third quarter, Larry Nance came in. And Larry Nance was their big offseason signing. I know, not a huge offseason signing for a lot of people, but he did a little of everything because this team just needs everything. He's sixteen to nine, three assists, three steels, played defense, initiated things, and then he went to the free throw line with sixteen seconds left. The Blazers fans were chanting Larry Larry, and I'm not sure that's been done before in his NBA career, So that's pretty cool for Larry Nance to have that happen. It is still a strange team where Larry Nance kind of has to be the savior and Nurkic played well when he came back into the game, but they don't get performances from enough guys on a regular basis, But Dame, you playing not a great game for him to Dame playing and being himself is good enough to get this team to five hundred, and that's what they're going to be. They may not be a top five team, but I don't know if Chauncey Bilbs pushed the right button with Larry Nance, and I don't know if he can push another button with niciir Little coming into the lineup. It's still a team that's in flux while this investigation into the front office is going on. But you know, when you got Dame Lillard top seventy five, I heard he's one of the top seventy five best, he's seventy six.
Speaker 4: I was corrected on here Ad and him.
Speaker 2: How horrendous a situation where you got a top seventy six in year seventy five here, But they're going to be fine, and that's I wasn't overwhelmed by this team. But they've got enough guys to be a playoff team in the West, which shows you how great Dame is.
Speaker 4: We know Trey was staying up late to watch some Blazers bulls. Would you see just quickly there Trey from Chicago, ultimately giving up that big lead.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen every Blazers game, but that felt to me like the best defensive quarter they'd played. In the third quarter, basically, when Larry Nance Junior checked in, it was almost like what the Bulls have been doing to other teams. Their bench has really brought the energy and that has flipped the script in a lot of Chicago's wins. Didn't happen last night. The Blazers played a lot harder in the third quarter. They looked completely disinterested in the first half. Like Lillard looked terrible in the first half. He looked like he did not want to be out there. Turned it on a little bit in the second, but it was really Larry Nance Junior, like tass Is saying, the Bulls were just playing sloppy, playing lack of daisical.
Speaker 6: I think they had ten turnovers in the third quarter.
Speaker 5: That gave the Blazers a ton of confidence, so that when Nurkic came back in, the Balls didn't have an answer. They were missing Booch big time last night. Still had a chance to win it down the stretch, just not quite good enough execution. DeRozan slipped and fell again. I know he likes to wear old Kobe's, but yeah, gotta check the treads on those, I think beforehand. And Zach Lavine had a wide open three that could have tied the game, and he missed it pretty badly. He was kind of off in the fourth quarter as well. Balls just didn't play good enough in the second half to win.
Speaker 4: All right. Our next game here, lou Dort dropped your Dort's in the stream team all Caplocks. He scored thirty four as the Thunder beat the Rockets one to one eighty nine, his fifth straight game here scoring twenty points at least, and in the final five minutes he took over, he scored nine down the stretch. I saw Andrew Schlecht tweet this morning. Dort ranks fifth overall in scoring for the twenty nineteen draft class. For this season, lou Dort was undrafted. It's John Moran, It's Tayling Horton. Tucker's only played in three games, Tyler Hero, Darius Garland, and then lud Dort, which is pretty wild. I needed to apologize to OKAC fans because back on October twenty fourth, I wondered on Twitter is okay, see going to win ten games now? The answer to that is absolutely yes. They started ozh to four, which had me tweeting that, and now they're six and eight, so they've turned it around. They beat the Lakers twice, it's like the Magic playing the Necks for whatever reason. They beat the Spurs, they beat the Pelicans, they beat the Kings and now the shitty Rockets. So I think they have proved provenly that the Thunder have that they are not in the bottom tier of the NBA. They are one step above a lot of these other teams. And you know, I know Thunder fans are pretty happy with that, especially with the way Dort was playing last night, and he's on a nice little run right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Josh Giddy had another double double as well. He did He's been playing really well. And that's the thing. All those teams you mentioned there, like they should beat the Rockets, and they did and the Kings as well. So you know, the Lakers though, they were two good wins, two quality wins, no doubt about that. So good on the Thunder. Because I was with you there, I was like, I'm not sure where they're going to get their ten victories from But right now, I guess they're on pace for closer to probably twenty and that's good for them, So they are fine to watch. When you see Doughty out there, he's got Does he bring you back the Kung Fu headband? Am I seeing that? I'm not sure? But yeah, he's all energy, all hustle and uh again for a guy undrafted and he's on that tiny contract too, he is really giving way more value than he's getting for his for his in return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm heading down to the Fortress on Monday night here in Atlanta to watch Sga and Dort the human cinder block kick on the Hawks. Yeah. I want to go see them play in person and getting as well. Like you said at a beautiful yeah, left handed fling passed dame to what grell That guy with the three names name Jeremiah.
Speaker 6: Robinson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always want to say Earl first too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Call him Earl.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're on pace for thirty five wins though, yeah, I thought they'd be.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I also thought they'd definitely be the worst team in the league. Good four to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, it's instead the Rockets or the Pelicans. I guess Rockets have lost thirteen straight. Should John Wall maybe be playing? I mean at this point, like it's pretty embarrassing, Like they're getting hammered by some of the teams that they should at least be in games with. Now they beat the Thunder, there's the one win about a month ago, but uh, this is this is really really bad and uh, you know John Wall could technically be playing and he's not. Okay, a good dork game there Lee Magic. It rallied late to beat the Knicks one O four ninety eight to stop a three game slide.
Speaker 3: Well, if you only to see the Magic play the Nicks in Madison Square, God in this season, you think the Magic are a pretty good team. They're a weird team. You look at their front court starting lineup. They got from Wagner at six ten, They've got Barmber at what's seven to two, and then they've got Wendell Carter about seven foot as well. Like that's a weird front court. And then you've got Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs in the back court. But really the story of this is the same problems are there for the next in that their starting unit and their bench unit are just playing completely different basketball. We've talked a lot about Evan forty eight. This stat came from Tommy Beer this morning. Evan Fournier has been benched for the entire fourth quarter in six of the last seven Knicks games. He's played five out of a possible eighty four minutes during that seven game stretch.
Speaker 5: So it's all Marlos Boozer stint right there. Yeah, you get to start, you get to play through three quarters, and I do not want to see you try to guard anybody in the four.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Knicks, you know, Derrick Rose has probably been their most consistent player again this season, and he had a couple of errors late last night. Jalen Suggs, I thought it was actually really good for them, getting a couple of steels. He said he was a football or he used to play football, and he said he was picking off plays like a football player. I don't know what position he plays, but read them well and finished strongly. So yeah, the magic at a second win in Madison Square Garden. Really solid performance from a team that, again we've seen them just be terrible at home, but something about being in Madison Square Garden gets the best out of these guys and Cole Anthony was bing bonging the crowd after the game. Didn't have a great game himself, but a very impressive win. And something's going to have to change there for the Knicks. Whether it's forty a out of that starting lineup, I'm not sure, but it seems that would be the most likely switch up right now. Get a manual in there, I think. But another bad loss for the Knicks. Look like they we're going to have that avalanche run, had the big lead in the fourth quarter, couldn't close it out.
Speaker 4: Oh when Albi Toppin was splashing threes, Madison Square Garden was going bonkers again, I was like, yeah, they're going to do this, They're going to pull this game off, and yeah, goods to the magic. I mean, do you see Franz Wagner's bunk in trance shit? Yeah, Oh it caught me by surprise, Like that was on guys in like a tight game, was like a couple of minutes to go. I mean, MSG like gasped, whoa.
Speaker 5: I thought it was also impressive for him to make that move after look like Bob Coosey handling the ball.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 5: The guy is not a fluid athlete, but he gets up and slams hard.
Speaker 4: So the front Yeah, for sure. Anything to add task to that game. The Magic rallying there to beat the Knicks in MSG. Yeah, what like the Thunder oddly had the Lakers number. It appears the Magic have the Knicks number too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got freaky Franz. You got Jalen Suggs out there, guys who don't put it together every night, but when they do it's special. Along with Cole Anthony and Mobomber, as League calls him, there's there's a there's a lot of talent along with Wendell Carter. But yeah, they can't put it together all the time, but you have Franz. Wagner is going to have a nice little dunk tape when this season is done. I mean he plays off guys pretty well. You can't, yeah, really create for himself. But it's great slasher, great pick where he he was drafted this year of me some Fronz.
Speaker 4: Next one, Hornets beat the Wizards ninety seven to eighty seven for their fourth straight victory. Trey, what do you got from this? What's your take on it?
Speaker 6: If I were given this game a name.
Speaker 5: It would be BrickOS for sickos, because you had to be a sicko to watch this absolute brickfest. The Wizards went eight for forty two from three, that's nineteen percent the winning team. The Hornets ten for thirty two, a whopping thirty one percent from three point land. For the full game, Charlotte shot forty four percent and the Wizards shot thirty seven. Basically, the Hornets zoned up in the second half and the Zards couldn't shoot him out of it thirty six points in the second half for Washington. The worst culprits were their point guards. You brutal spencer Dinwiddie twenty nine minutes, didn't score over five on the night. His backups, Howel Netto and Aaron Holiday five combined points on two of twelve shooting. None of those point guards scored until the fourth quarter. LaMelo, he had a lot of points. He went four of eighteen from the field, somehow got a career high fourteen assists. He must have had an assist on every basket that the horn has made, but a weird one. Four straight wins for the four Nets, a nice recovery after five straight losses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made a big reaction there when you said didn't when he went for zero points, because for the first time in a long time, I decided to play a little daily Fantasy sports last night, so I was building my roster. I was like, Didnwitty, he's been playing, well, you can put him in on the cheap, you know, saved some money. I can play Giannis, I can play. I went with Towns. He didn't have a monster game and then zero points. There's a reason why you don't. I don't play this. It's like, ah, and it's always looks bad because I'm in a league and all this guy's the NBA expert. I finished dead last last night. Fuck didn Witty?
Speaker 2: You killed?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That was clearly his worst game of the year. He just looked like he's just jilling.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Bradley Beal was back. Maybe he's trying to let him kind of get his feet under him. Bial had an OK game, but Didn't Witty incredibly passive. He must have known you had some money on him.
Speaker 2: I guess, So how many guys were You're dead last?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it wasn't look he wasn't my only bad pick.
Speaker 6: It was don't get me wrong. I picked the higher roster of truck.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's the one where like you're building your roster with a certain amount of money, right, so Jannis is like the highest ranked so whatever he goes for, like I don't know what it was like thirteen k let's say, and then you got to try and find the gems at thirty five hundred to five thousand, and I don't know. I went with did with you? I thought he'd be well play well.
Speaker 2: It's like a division of like ten teams or twenty teams or.
Speaker 4: There were six. There were six, six guys playing last night with their lineups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't ten thousand.
Speaker 4: That's a dead last. No no, no, no, no, no no, let's play it. Yeah, that's true. That would have been bad if I was dead last out of ten thousand entries. I was dead last out of six.
Speaker 2: Entries, only five guys making funny and no big.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's true. All right, our next one here, Anthony Edwards closes out the Timberwolves one oh seven ninety seven win against the Sacramento Kings. Oh yeah, it was the King's Wolves Bowl task. What do you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, another Battie Ricos for Sikos. As Trey said, it was ugly. Anthony Edwards finished the job and it provided the best quote as well. He's just quotatious. I don't know how the Wolves came back and won this thing. They were allowing the Kig just to grab every offensive rebound in the first quarter because the Kings were missing all their shots. They had twelve offensive rebounds in the first sixteen minutes of this game. Had those possessions where you just see those those balls bounce off and get multiple shots. They had a couple possession, two possessions where they had four shot attempts. But head coach of the Wolves, Chris Finch, woke them up at half. This is how Anthony Edwards put it. He said, you got Finchy in there yelling. It's calling him Finchy. Yeah, that one's free ule And he said, that's not him. You know what I'm saying. When he doing that, we got to tighten up. He banging on the door. We got to tighten up. We can't have Finchy in here acting out a character. We for sure had to find a way to rebound. They did that. They came back and they beat a Kings team who is now out of the play in tournament picture. Those two teams should be battling for a playing tournament spot.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The Wolves have the Spurs coming to town on Thursday, which is another team that's sort of in that mix. But they're focused on following up a win, following up win with another decent performance because last week in LA they beat the Lakers and then they followed it up with a big fart game against the Clippers. And I guess they partied it up in LA because Anthony Edwards said this after the game taking They'll be taking a different approach after this one, they said, he said, quote, We're going to stay in the house, get on the video game, call a couple of teammates, Torre and Prince Patrick Beverley. Let's play Call of Duty till you get sleepy. You get sleepy for sleep It's a different routine tonight, for sure. So I guess they partied. Now they're going to get sleepy together virtually. I guess that's the plan. And the story really is Luke Walton, head coach of the Sacramento Kings, they lose how many more games games can it last? I know you tweeted out the Tristan Thompson speech postgame skeets where you're saying, you know, no mother coach should have to motivate you to play basketball. It's not up to Luke Walton for us. Tristan Thompson plays for the Kings, by the way, he shouldn't be. It shouldn't be Luke Walton. And that's the problem. I guess when Tristan Thompson's the vocal leader, it should be coming from the starting unit. Anyways, they're not playing hard. The Wolves walked all over them, and this can't go on all season. I know, if Luke Walton gets them to play some games in there in the play in tournament, sure, but now they've dropped out. Okay, see has freaking taken their spot officially, and so Luke has got to be on the hot seat for you know, the coming month. I mean, if they're out of it in the coming month, then I don't see how you keep going this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say seek out Tristan Thompson's postgame interview. I mean it's like a two minute rant where he is saying he is talking for all the guys in the locker roo though he is my favorite part, you know about you know, playing with a little more energy and a little more effort, and that it's not on Luke Walton. I mean, I guess he's He's right, I get what he's saying. But it would be nice if your coach could maybe have a defensive game plan inspire you to like give it your best effort out there too, Like both could be true. Yeah, I don't think he's going to be around long here, Luke. They have these are games, Like they had hopes when they went on this road trip because of who they were playing, that they would like maybe have a winning road trip, maybe even go undefeated on the road trip, And of course the exact opposite happens here, so that's not good. As for Finchy firing up his team, do you think he threw a kettle over the arena?
Speaker 3: I think that's the only way at everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Luke Walton should try that.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I just anytime someone says Finchy, I just have to resist putting up some sort of quote or mame or video of the of the Finchy from the office, because it's just perfect. Chris Finch, the Finchy all.
Speaker 4: Right, we'll keep it going here. Decent pace. Corey Joseph led the Pistons to a ninety seven to eighty nine comeback win over the Pacers. Yeah, let's talk Pacers, Matt, Really, let's talk Pistons.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Definitely another breakos for Sikos. Not a pretty game. I watched a decent amount of this one. What was wrong with me? Both teams shop below forty three percent from the floor, under thirty percent on three pointers. But tassh watching this game just couldn't help think of you, man Clutch Cad. It continues. Cunningham entered the game about halfway through the fourth quarter. Detroit is down too, so it's a close game. What does he do? He knocks down a smooth turnaround jumper to tie the game up. Really really nice. This guy plays in control, especially as a rookie. He followed that up with a little drive into the paint, drew a double team, really weird double team being honest from the Pacers, kicked it to a wide open Corey Joseph splashed the three Pistons had the lead back. Then Cad extends the lead thanks to a little beautiful dry and like double clutch finish inside and then sort of finally here he floated through the lane and then kicked the ball to the corner for a Frank Jackson three and Detroit was back up five. They held on. He missed a couple bunnies too that probably actually hurt his like clutch shooting, you know, a game within five in the final five minutes. But he was great and he's playing well. I saw Detroit bad boys task. They're wondering what do they call him? Is it? Here are their options, clutch cad, Caid clutch, clutch cating ham or Caid clutching ham?
Speaker 2: What was it? Clutching katingham?
Speaker 4: I do like I do like Caid clutching ham.
Speaker 2: He was like, I hope he's coming a Thanksgiving dinner because I would love for him to be clutching a ham coming in. I would love that cam underrated ethics it is it is ham sucks.
Speaker 4: No sucks.
Speaker 5: Ham is the worst meat that is commonly served at any meal. No, it's there's a reason. There's a reason people are like, nobody wants ham, maybe at Easter, but even then you're like, it's only Easter.
Speaker 6: Get that ham. Agree, as I'm.
Speaker 4: Concerned he was great, and the Pistons one we got to get The poll up is is Ham overrated?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: Is good? My final note from this game, I tweeted it last night. Frank Jackson's mustache is incredible. This guy looks awesome right now, Ryan Wolstott, he tweeted at me, it's like he's time warped from the eighties and even his jumper looks like it's from that era. So anyway, it's it's a beautiful looking stash. It's inspiring me. I still owe a bunch of pick and payoffs. I still plan on maybe getting rid of the beard and showing up here one of these days, probably for our final show with a mustache. But yeah, what do you think of that?
Speaker 5: Sad boy?
Speaker 3: I do think it does look like nighties NBA basketball player for sure.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't watch a whole lot of this one, to be honest. I saw the Paces and I saw the Pistons. I was in the NFL red zoning it last night, and I've just keep my eye on the score and I'm like, yeah, the Paces lose that one. Come on, the Paces should be better than the Pistons, but they're They're weird. They are very pieces are a weird team the more.
Speaker 4: I've watched them here the last couple of days. But good, good wins from.
Speaker 2: Yeah Pacers are what I just want to jump in. I love I love the mustache. I'm a big Frank fan. I always thought he could pull off the Rick Fox run, which is like being a sporting player, hit some threes, look extremely handsome, and win some championships, you know, own an E league team after his career is done. He can do that. He can pull the Rick Fox. I think, uh, and I just hope I hope teams don't start doubling Kate because that could be the end of clutch kating Ham Kat and clutching Ham. That could be the end of it. Just stop. I think there should be a rule implemented. I mean, it's the Pistons. Just let them, let them hold the ball up.
Speaker 4: It sound like it sounds like Devin Booker here.
Speaker 2: No double team, Yeah, well kind of. I mean, if you can't beat the Pistons without doubling Kid, then you stink. And that's that's what could happen. In the last six minutes. Even the Pistons broadcast put up the stat as he was coming into the game. He's six of eight in clutch situations coming into this game, and yeah, he missed a couple bunnies or whatever, but yeah, he's he's so good and it's so fun to watch him in those final minutes hold the ball. But if you're an opposing coach, I mean, get it out of his hands.
Speaker 4: Well, but that's he will willingly give it up though. This is what's great about him, especially he does not like force his shot. I mean, he's athletic enough that I'm sure he feels like he could get his shot a lot of time against a lot of these defenders. But he plays with, you know, in the flow of a game, and he's not like gunning for numbers by any means, because those aren't going to blow you away. But he's been one of the more impressive rookies in a really good rookie class. As we've talked about a couple of times. I thought he was awesome again down stretch here, And yeah, I mean, maybe the f the game plan will be to run more guys at him, but then you know, it's Corey, Joseph and tre Lal's game and Jeremy Grant had a big Bucketlely too. Okay, wow, we're going to do this. Maybe here three games left. Jimmy Butler triple double in his return hit top the Pelicans won thirteen ninety eight. Lee, Was this one of those ones that you were checking in on last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, the Pelicans in the last week have actually been somewhat competitive against the Nets last Friday night that was kind of close and Nets pulled out. They've got to win against the Grizzlies. They led by nineteen against the Wizards the other night before losing, and they actually started off this game pretty well as well against the Heat. But I feel with the Pelicans. Teams look at them, and you know how we talk about sometimes that a bad team can sneak up on other teams and get a few wins. I think that's what's happening. People look at the Pelicans. I think we're going to beat this team. But it's a little bit hard sometimes to get that motivation at the start of the game because New Orleans did come out firing. But you've sort of just knew the Heat we're going to come back. No, Kyle Lowry here for the Heat. I expect you will be back tonight. And then Tyler Hero started and hit a crazy going for an alley oop, but actually just went in on the fast break three pointer. He is such a good shoot of the ball, but not much to take out of a Jimmy Butler. Yeah, the triple double with almost the Jason Kidds style triple double with the ten rebounds, ten assists.
Speaker 4: The Heat were a better team.
Speaker 3: They just really did look like they were kind of asleep in the first half. When it was winning time, they came out and got the job done. But yeah, for the Pelicans, they can at least say they've been respectful in this last week as far as competitiveness goes and getting one win against the Grizzlies, but they just can't. They don't have the talent, they don't have the depth. I don't think to really be able to get too many wins this season. Zion I think is back. They were saying can do start doing five on five stuff, So that's a good sign for him, but still feels like he's at least a month away right now from any real on court action.
Speaker 4: In regards to Jimmy Butler, I checked this morning he jumped Kevin Durant on Basketball Reference MVP tracker. That big performance there last night got him up to third. It's Curry, Jokic Butler right now, one two three again according to Basketball Reference. Okay, two games left here, Trey Harden and the Nets outlast the short handed Cavaliers one O nine to ninety nine. What do you got from this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nuts got up pretty big in the first half in this one, stretched out to twenty three points.
Speaker 6: A first half lead. It's not real though.
Speaker 5: Calves played hard enough in the second half. They hit some shots, made it close, but completely out gunned in this one.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 5: No Evan Mobley, no Colin Sexton, no Jared Allen, no Lowry Markinin, no Lamar Stevens evens. Meanwhile, the Nets had four twenty points scorers. Harden had twenty seven, LaMarcus Aldridge twenty four, Durant twenty three, Patty Mills twenty. I'll be honest, getting a little worried about the caves here. That's five straight games scoring less than one hundred points, and that all started once Colin Sexton went out for the season. They're missing is off the dribble game. They're missing his transition game, getting Jared Allen back from an illness is certainly gonna help. He'll put pressure on the rim. But it's still a couple of weeks uh for Evan Mobley. And in the next month the Cavs play the Warriors, Nets, Suns, Heat, Jazz, Bucks, and Bulls. They're gonna have a tough goal. But here missing one their best perimeter offensive players. Feels like we might be getting a repeat of last year's Cleveland Cavaliers season where they get off to a hot start, the young guys are looking good, and then as the season wears on, injuries happen and the team just kind of falls off. But it's been it's been a fun first month for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Speaker 4: It's true we talked about them a lot. Yeah, the Rubio All Star chances took a hit maybe there last night and might continue to. But what are you going to do to us? It was it was a fun couple weeks.
Speaker 2: It's great. I mean, I feel a little bit better than last year and the year before that we had the B line situation. This year, it's more like you lose your top scorer in Collin Sexton. He lose rookie of the year leader in Evan Mobley. There's other injuries. Feels a little bit more understandable, you can wrap your head around. But yeah, they miss calling sexon big time. If you're you can't. As much as I'm a Ricky Rubio fan, speaking of handsome men, you can't be relying on him to drop twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: You just can't.
Speaker 2: And they they are. They're really banged up, even besides those two guys I mentioned. So yeah, it's not looking good, but you know, at least they got a good start here.
Speaker 4: Our final game the balanced Hawks, they won their third straight beat. The Celtics won ten ninety nine. Tass Have the Hawks turned it around here?
Speaker 2: They have, But they beat a team in the Celtics that just can't hit shots. You know how people say it's amazing to go watch warm ups at an NBA game. NBA players don't miss. That's not the Celtics. The Celtics miss a lot, even wide open shots. If you look at the deep into the stats wide open three point shots for the Celtics where an opponent is six feet or further away, they're still only hitting one in three of those shots. So they went on this three game trip, and they failed to score one hundred points, even with Jason Tatum, you know, dropping thirty four here against the Hawks. They obviously missed Jalen Brown, but they may not have the roster to hit freaking shots around these guys. Is it play aaron Ne Smithmore, who I like but you know, doesn't play a lot for this team. He's small, he hits. He was fifty percent shooter in college a couple of years ago from three point Land kind of has done a good job of getting guys to play hard defensively, but there's just wide open shots and they are seriously clanking them over and over and over again. To me, one of the best things to watch as a longtime Raptor fan is Damon Stodommeire on the bench. He's an assistant to Ima Udoka and he's a cool looking guy. I like the look. And if you want to go back to suits for Damon Stodomire, I'm okay with that because I think he looks great in a suit. These are old coaching photos of Damon Stodomire, obviously not wearing it now with the Celtics, but he looks like a good good suit wear. Maybe it's because he's five ten. You know, there's not a lot of long limbs. But I don't know. He looks good.
Speaker 4: I saw you tweeting about Frank Vogel and his quarter zip last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you started to turn on coaches looking like schleps out there on the sidelines? You want this these nice.
Speaker 2: Looks, Leppie, huh, I just like Frank's dad face?
Speaker 4: Really okay? Yeah he was very Yeah, all right there it is all eleven games, a note about all of them. I know some of you were upset. Didn't talk long enough about your team. Oh well, you'll be back tomorrow. Actually no, you won't. It's our last show, so joke's on you. We'll take our first break care when we come back the up down report. I was gonna say, demon stodhamar are ever gonna go away?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: I see? Oh, oh, I see what's happened here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, j.
Speaker 4: That's a horrible last show. I was stumbling and bubbling at the beginning. Lee's Wi Fi always sucked. Now JD's gone. We just looked at demon Stodamer's beautiful suit for a couple.
Speaker 5: Of Let me take a quick pull of you three if I Okay, this thing that says ads won November eighteenth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think it's the right thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you click it because I was ready to click it. We don't want to double that's right.
Speaker 6: Here's some ads coming for you.
Speaker 4: All right, back with no dunks. Hold on by a thread here. I think JD's with us. He said his power went out. Are you back? Yeah? Everything, Okay, something got unplugged.
Speaker 7: The circuit got broken. We got guys working in the house here, so yeah, hanging on by a thread is right.
Speaker 4: That's all right. We'll make it through it. Also, when I think of Metallica, the first two names I think of Lee are you and Samuel L. Jackson. Now, okay, let's get into the ump down report. Yeah, the updown Report got a few questions for you guys. You can throw some thumbs on it, thumbs up or thumbs down. Do the same to the stream team. Jady sometimes has a chance to share some of your responses. First, one Staple Center get a new name. Starting Christmas Day, it will be Crypto dot Com Arena, The downtown LA home of the Lakers, Clippers, NHL's Kings, WNBA Sparks, will change its names after twenty two years of operation. According to multiple reports, Crypto dot Com pays seven hundred million dollars over twenty years to rename the building. Okay, see you later, Staple Center up or down on this trey get us started, Staple Center getting renamed Crypto dot Com Arena.
Speaker 5: Totally totally sideways on this one's keets. On one hand, Crypto dot Com Arena, that's a major down. You can't put dot com in a title. It's ridiculous. But on the other hand, to me, Staple Center neither an iconic building nor an iconic name. Many iconic things happened there. It's been around for twenty two years. I have shirts that are older than the Staple Center, So to me, it's an office supply store.
Speaker 6: In twenty twenty one, there.
Speaker 5: Was an episode of The Office made saying how office supplies are outdated, and that was made in two thousand and seven. Nobody goes to Staples, Nobody uses Staples.
Speaker 6: Do you have a stapler in your house?
Speaker 4: Skeets, I doubt it, I actually do, But does it ever we are used? No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you're right, most people probably do have Staples.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that being said, when it comes to Crypto, it's up only all things considered. I honestly hate the dot com. But calling something the crypt which is what a lot of Lakers fans have been saying, objectively cool, But you're trading a brand for a brand. This is like I couldn't believe that Lakers fans were upset that they were changing the name from Staples.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where it was a little weird. There was a lot of Twitter talk about this. Yeah, but Lee, what do you think thumbs up or sums down on Crypto dot com arena? Uh, just stay on or up?
Speaker 3: But I really can I just can't believe how upset people get out of the name of an arena, Like, who gives a shit what it's They're not changing the team name from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Los Angeles like wild Dogs or something like that. I mean, I can understand, And then like.
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 3: Man, what the hell the name of the arena is? No one cares. Nobody's going to go, Oh my god, I can't go to all Lakers game now anymore. I seriously, they just wonder They say, you said seven hundred million over twenty years. I'm like, they could easily pay that, but the way Crypto is and I don't quite understand, they can also be completely bankrupt next week. So I don't really know how this is going to work out. But of all the things going around getting people upset on Twitter, I'm just like, seriously, you care that much?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 6: What does it matter?
Speaker 3: It's like in Snatch when and he says, what, I call you a bullet tooth. Bullet tooth Tony. You can call me Susan if it makes you feel good. That's really what it should be.
Speaker 6: Just call the arena or.
Speaker 4: Whatever Lakers Clippers today, come on down to the Susan. The lazy Susan's not there around Hey, what gate are we It's on the other side of the building. Tass thumbs up, thumbs down. Staple Center being renamed Crypto dot Com Arena.
Speaker 2: God, I love it. I love you dot Com. I'm going out of the Crypto dot Com Arena. Yeah, the dot com really kills it, you know, Uh, the Staples Center. It shows that people stop affiliating it with a brand after a while. It's now just the name of the arena. I think that's why they're so pissed. It's I had forgotten honestly, you know, since they renamed it. I guess it was nineteen ninety nine. Looking back, I'd forgotten that it was named after Staples. It just kind of became the name of the arena, the name that it was changed from before the forum. Now that was a great name, but now it's Stapleson. Now it's crypto dot com. And they paid in cash. They paid in dollars. That's the weird part. Why didn't they pay in cryptocurrency? I mean, if you want to sell it, you know, except except crypto and what was it, seven hundred and fifty mil the equivalent center mill?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for them. I saw ghost face Ziller, Tom Ziller. I just wanted to get your take on this because it caught me by surprise. He wrote in his newsletter Trey that according to him, by his count, Ziller, there's only four good NBA arena names Madison Square Garden, Ball Arena, Smoothie King Center, and Little Caesar's Arena. Uh what, I know you read the same thing or he saw his tweet. Yeah, what was your reaction to to Ziller's list? There, Madison Square Garden Okay, I think we all agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: There's one great name for an arena, Madison Square Garden. That's the only great one still going right now, though I will agree that you could you could slot these next three into good ball. Arena is just great because it's basketball Smoothie King Center. That's the meme name out there. You know, it's not actually great, but somehow Smoothie King has stuck around for a long time, when like you know, Talking Stick didn't stick around for a long time, like the Suns are now. The Footprint Arena also very weird, and Little Caesar's Arena. I was out on this one until Ziller posted the picture that has the little Little Caesar guy on top of the arena, so I was like, okay, that's good. And the other one I would add, I would say that the Charlotte Hornets playing the Spectrum Center, and that just sounds like a classic name for an arena to me, the Spectrum Center, so I would elevate that to a top fiber as well. But in general, it's Madison Square Garden and then all the rest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lee, you are an NBA die hard, But I have a feeling if I were to quiz you on hey, can you name all the arenas in the NBA, my gut says there's five or six, maybe seven. You would have no clue about it, or you would think is still named X and it's been changed, like like okay, sever example, do you know what not.
Speaker 3: The Chesapeake Arena is.
Speaker 2: No, that's the thing Chesapeake.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, No, it's something I don't even know off the top of my head to have to look it up, but I know it's something different. It's like, is it like pea or something. I don't know it's it's it's yea. It goes back to what you're saying. It's like a who cares? Yeah, yeah, Peak Arena is what it is. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah yeah. When you say like, oh okay, But otherwise that's why it's just not memorable at all. Like no one's like, oh my god, I love that corporate giant sponsoring that arena. That makes me feel so good, Like ah man, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you have a favorite named arena though, besides Madison Square, going.
Speaker 3: What in the world or in the world a well, like soccer's got some great let San Sero in Milan, that one's a great one in the bernabout in Madrid, the New Camp Barcelona, Old Trafford that's a great one. Anfields, you know. Yeah so but they still sell out as well. I don't think. I don't think Old Trafford has sold out. But like Arsenal became the Emirates, they used to be at Highfield, that's the Emirates. So yeah, I mean money talks. It's the same in the Australian leagues. You know, we used to have you know, traditional ground names and then you know, money comes and talks and they changed the name and that was like twenty five years. Got to remember people like, oh my god, you can't change the name of this and then it's just like you just get used to it and life goes on.
Speaker 4: Well, I think like the Packers are one of the teams in the NFL that like refuse to uh change the name of lambeau Field. I think I have that right, Does that sound right, Trey, where like they've been the Bears are soldier Field Soldier Field. Yeah yeah, so you know some of them want to stay traditional and not slap that brand on it. But anyway, funny, funny topic there again. Thanks to everybody for the thumbs upper thumbs down on that one. Let's keep it going with this next one. Following a week of strong play from the NBA's newest class, there's been a little movement atop the NBA Rookie Ladder over on NBA dot Com. Caid Cunningham has entered the top five, Josh Giddy climbed a run to number four, and the Raptors energetic forward Scottie Burns. He has jumped ahead of the Calves now injured big man Evan Mobley at the top of that ladder leaderboard. So up or down on that one task on Barnes right now being number one on the NBA dot COM's Rookie ladderboard.
Speaker 2: Some huge thumbs up. Why the heck not? As it's it's sort of by default because Evan Mobley is out. But if you look at the numbers, Scottie Barnes is a little bit better than Evin Mobley's scoring the ball even efficiency, which is surprising him. Mobilely, a big man doesn't have the field goal percentage that Scottie Barnes has, shooting fifty one percent for a wing. That's very impressive for Scottie Barnes. And you know down the line the numbers are really really really similar, and Scotty Barnes is impressed. I wonder, though, if you asked all thirty gms who would you rather have a few years from now, I'd still think it'd be like seventy thirty for Evan Mobley. But I'm of course excited that Scotty Barnes is looking the way he is. He's so fricking confident. The raps are running out those three you know, six nine to six ten six eleven wingspan players and ogn Andobi, Pascal Siak and Scotty Barnes at times. Scotty's playing the five at times like Van Mobley, but he can be a point guard you're holding the ball and carry the ball. So I think the reason why you don't pick and Evan Mobley for a Rookie of the Year is what you're seeing with Scotty Barnes because big men don't have the opportunity as much as guys who handle the ball like Scotty Barnes does. But Evan Mobley is just a freak of a player because he can do guard type things, and Scotty Barnes is showing he's kind of similar. He can do guard type things, even though he's able to play at center. So at this point, I think most gyms would still take Evan Mobley long term, but because of the injury and because Scotty is honestly he's playing great. He's so so good. It's the clubhouse getting crowded though. You know, it used to be Evan Mobley's and now the injury has changed things. Kate Cunningham is coming along as we've talked, and Scotty Barnes is in there. I still think it's it's more of a you guy race with Barnes and Mobile and Keid will be there in the end, but you know the Jalens are still lagging behind, but it's still a fun race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lee, what about Barnes at number one right now? Would you have him there?
Speaker 3: I'd probably still have mobiley because I think Mobley's not going to be out that long and he's been better overall. I think he's had a greater impact. But yeah, Scotty Barnes has been great. It's been a really good class. I think there is probably six or seven guys who have had a big impact on their team. Talked about Josh Giddy already. Jalen Gren started off pretty hot down there in Houston, and then Jalen Suggs. Even last night he started to show signs of getting it together.
Speaker 4: So I think it's great.
Speaker 3: It's really good to see so such a deep class and maybe it does just come down to who plays the most games really, so hopefully Mobiley isn't out for too long because I've really enjoyed watching him. But Scotty Barnes, he's easily the fan favorite I think overall on the number one leaderboard there. The Raptors fans absolutely love him, and why not. He's great, Trey, What do you got on this one?
Speaker 6: I don't have much to add.
Speaker 5: Scotty Barnes is lead and a rookies in scoring and rebounding. So even though Evan Mobley is out, I think that's a lot of the reason he wants a number one I'm here for it. He's been, at worst the second best rookie so far this season. Number one is out, so slot Scottie into number one right there. I will say, I think Cad Cunningham is going to be coming for that number one spot pretty soon. I think we will see him at the top of the leader board before Evan Mobley returns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say I guess one guy that was there earlyly was Duarte with the Pacers. Who's who's come back to earth a little bit. He had that very hot start and he was getting a lot of minutes because of injury there too, and he was really clicking. From three percentages that started to tick down. I mean, he's still forty three point shooter. That's great, but just overall from the floor, it's come back, come back down a little bit, but that's fine. He'll probably be in the mix for a top five. Franz Wagner. We talked about Josh Giddy, we talked about They're all there. Tessa's right. It's a very good class, very strong class right now. Final one in the Updown Report. Despite getting crushed by the Warriors on Tuesday night, Brooklyn Nets the title favorites. According to Bett MGM it tweeted this out yesterday. It seems a little odd to me, and we're showing you the favorites right now on YouTube. Nets are at plus two sixty to win. The Chip Lakers are next at plus six fifty. The reigning champs Milwaukie Bucks sit at plus seven hundred, and then the Warriors come in at fourth on the odds a little longer at plus seven fifty. So the Q for everyone here in the stream team listening later. You can tweet at us at New Dunk's encor Let us know your answers in the YouTube comments up or down on the Nets Remaning betting favorites to win the title.
Speaker 3: I'm down on that, you know, from what we've seen so far, and you mentioned it just the other night. The Warriors looked a much more complete team than the Brooklyn Nets, and they've still got Klay Thompson to come back. Now, he may take some time to adjust, but he certainly knows how they play, knows the system, so it's not like he has to learn how the Warriors play and they just look better. I think they've got the MVP so far of the season in Steph Curry, and they're getting contributes from other guys as well. Cavon Looney's been okay, Kaminga had some nice plays for them coming off the bench as well. So I think the Nets are I don't even think they're the favorite in the East. I still have the Bucks as the ultimate favorite there, so yeah, I would not have money on Brooklyn right now. Now, again, it's a long season. Things can change, of course, and maybe Kyrie comes back at some point, who knows. But today, with what we've seen, I would have the Warriors as a favorite, and I certainly wouldn't have the Lakers as second favorite at all. If you're gonna put money on the Lakers, just donate it to charity. I don't think they're a very strong team right now in the West. I think the Suns are better than them. I think the Clippers are better than the Lakers right now.
Speaker 2: The Jazz.
Speaker 3: The Jazz are always a bit hard to tell because I think they're a better regular season team, but they've got some issues in the playoffs. So no, I would not have the Nets as the favorite. I've got the Warriors and then the Bucks as my top two.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you think tas The.
Speaker 2: Thing that the Nets have gone for them is last year, Remember we all said the Nets can't play defense, They can't play defense, you can't wait a champion jib like that. Well, now they're playing really, really, really solid defense to start the year, and they're tied for the number one seed in the Eastern Conference, which is shocking. With the way that they've looked. They've beaten a lot of poor teams and they've yeah, they've lost to the good ones, as we saw with the Golden State Warriors. But is this offense just a mediocre offense? No, and that's what they're playing with right now. So when their offense catches up with their defense, I can understand why they're a favorite in the Eastern Conference. And so that's I think that's a good sign for them. They got a lot of new parts, but they're still playing defense. And yeah, I would what same thing that Li said, obviously that they are not playing like the Warriors or whoever. But I still think that they they should be a favorite to come out of the East, you know, with the with the Bucks, and it's amazing that they're tied for the top of the Eastern Conference, as underwhelming as their wins have been.
Speaker 4: Trey, what do you think up or down on the nets still being favorites.
Speaker 5: I'm with these guys. I think the Warriors are the favorites. They've been the best team in the league through the first month of the season. They've got the end, they've got a potential, and I would say likely defensive Player of the year in Draymond Green, and theoretically they're gonna have Klay Thompson at some point, So I think the Warriors should be easy favorites here. But Task makes some good points. The Nets are an uninspiring eleven and five. It's almost similar to the Mavericks, where you're like, what's wrong with this team? How do they keep winning all of these games? They'll keep playing defense. They could get Kyrie Irving back at some point, but I will say that's the impressive thing for the Nets.
Speaker 6: They've been so good this season.
Speaker 5: That we haven't really been talking about Kyrie being mising from this team since the season actually started. So I got the Warriors in a landslide as the favorite right now, but the Nets are still good at basketball.
Speaker 4: I saw a sports media watch tweet this morning the Warriors Nets game from this past week second most watch NBA game of the season, and Golden State has played in three of the top five, five of the top seven, and six of the top eleven games thus far, so people want to see Steph Curry and the Warriors play. Here's a question from at DJ underscore Rod also by way of twitterly, but it's a little interesting if you're the Warriors right now, you think you're championship material, would you consider trading be it a Wiseman, A Kaminga, A Moody so one of your really young guys for another piece? And if you did, who would it be? Right suggested? You know, is it somebody to defend Yolkich in a series? Is it a rolling big man? Is it a pick and pop big man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What do you think of that question? From right?
Speaker 3: A very hypothetical. I probably wouldn't trade Kaminga. I think he's shown some really good flashes early on. I think Wiseman is probably the guy if you because he was the number two pick, you know, a bit of an up and down season. If you could replace him. I mean, again, a guy who I've sort of talked about, Mo Bamba, didn't get extended by the Magic and he's been good for them. I mean, he's another guy who can protect the rim if that's what you're looking to add and replace. But I mean, I haven't obviously looked into the trade machine for anything like that. But I think the Warriors are okay as long as you've got Draymond there, you know, sort of controlling the defense. I'm not sure there's a deal out there that really does improve them short of like someone just giving you, you know, an obvious upgrade at that position. So I'd probably just stand pat, I think, and ride with what you've got because, as I say, you're getting Clay back, Clay's a good defender. Clay's going to help the offense. Their defense has been very good so far anyway without without those guys, so.
Speaker 4: Like Elite right now, we haven't seen a defense like this great terms of numbers wise, like in ten years they saw going around.
Speaker 3: Defensive reading and that's without you know, a room protector per se like, so I don't really need one at the moment.
Speaker 4: The last thing Warriors fans and the Warriors themselves want is bet MGM to make them the total favorites, because I think they're really leaning into like the disrespect angle, like the what about us? You forgot about us? Well, you hear Draymond Green says all the time, and he just had a quote flying around. I think he's got a new podcast where he's like he's saying all that, He's like, we have an MVP guy, and you don't you don't think anything of us, you know, we have Clay coming back, one of the great shoes ever. You have me Defensive Players of Year guy that should always be in the conversation. And he's like, you've just like you've you've overlooked us after the last couple of years, you got tired of us, you know, going to the finals every time. I'm saying, like it, Actually, it's like beneficial to them to be like that underdog status. So they want to remain probably at third, fourth, fifth on the bet MGM like title favorite odds. I think it does some good. Try.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then if that's the case, they should start losing some games because they keep going thirteen out of fifteen every win. Eventually they're going to be known as the favorites. They're on pace for like sixty five wins at this point. So flying under the radar isn't quite working when you've got the loudest offensive player out there. Like this story about Steph Curry, I think it was in the Wall Street Journal that his swishes were not swishy enough for him is honestly just ridiculous. He's like, yeah, you can get a swish if you missed the center of the hoop by five inches. So I tighten it down, and I was shooting for a three inch or one inch radius on my shots. Only Steph Curry can do this, so they might want to sit him down if they want to not make the favorites anymore.
Speaker 4: It's possible. All right, We're gonna take one more break when we come back. We got tweeted the night, We got pick them results and a little bit more fun. So don't go anywhere, Okay, back with no dunks. I just saw on the stream team here, Lee, you'll be happy to know that Hootski went to a concert last night and the band leader, I guess, yelled, Saint Louis, you are the life of the party.
Speaker 6: Who was it?
Speaker 3: Who was he watching?
Speaker 2: Of course, let's just.
Speaker 4: Leave it at that. That's perfect. Let's get to tweeted the night.
Speaker 2: Tweet out the night. Wow.
Speaker 6: A couple of tweets of the night here for you.
Speaker 5: The first one, just a quickie, comes from Matthew Connor, who tweeted me yesterday and said, just said, feel like we need more sloppy Joe talk. Okay, who's the sloppy Joe of the NBA. Joe Ingles probably got a sloppy look to him sometimes.
Speaker 6: A weird thing. I feel like we need more sloppy Joe talk. I do like a sloppy Joe, but that one's for you. Matthew Connor.
Speaker 4: What can I ask you? And I only asked, what do you consider a sloppy Joe?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, like the real thing, not ground beef.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like a like a sloppy barbecue. He kind of sauce. I want it me.
Speaker 5: I will accept two forms bummed up, closed face style or you can go Steve Kirby style, open face sloppy Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're getting more beef in that one.
Speaker 5: So man, okay, this guy's getting more sloppy Joe talk than Is there another definition of slop that I'm missing?
Speaker 4: No? Well, no, no, I asked, because maybe we found Nora's a burner Twitter account. She asked me like two days ago that sloppy Joe's and I don't think she ever had them growing up, Like I know, I'm not sure sloppy Joe a fine Armenian dish as they're having. And I was like, oh, yeah, slappy Joe we had, you know, we had those, and that's exactly how I described it. But I think she thought maybe it was more like almost not like a meat loaf, but like in a tray. And I'm like, no, I don't, I don't think so. Not sloppy and we had it the way you had it. Yeah, yeah, I mean you want it.
Speaker 5: You want there to be bread, but you want that bread when you pick it up to almost disintegrate, just covered in sauce.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Cool, cool, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we all hit on sloppy Joe's hey with more food talk because I brought it up. I don't know if it was yesterday the day before. I brought up grilled cheese sandwiches and how I dip them either in tomato soup because it's a nice combo of course, tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, or sometimes ketchup dipping the grilled cheese and ketchup. I had people reacting like that was the most insane thing I ever heard, really, and I was like, am I crazy? Because you guys didn't seem to think that was all that crazy, even yeah, Trey, like you were like you've done that, especially as a kid.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I would dip a grilled cheese into any tomato product, maybe even to a sloppy joe.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine it probably be pretty good.
Speaker 4: Actually, i'd be delicious, I think. But anyway, people were like baffled by that, So I guess in some parts of the world, I'm sure it's maybe perplexing. But test did you ever dip a girl cheese sandwich and.
Speaker 2: Ketch up my new people and new people who you knew me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But uh, you know, I can see why. It's a pretty pretty clear divide those who do and those who don't. I can understand why people who wouldn't hang with those who did, you know erst I.
Speaker 3: Think, Yeah, I seem to recall like when momm used to make us toasted sandwiches, they were ham, cheese and ketchup like, so.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't then dip as well on top of that, but I wouldn't also find it offensive if someone was doing that, if they didn't have ketchup already in the sandwich, I wouldn't or I wouldn't wouldn't try to fight them or anything like that.
Speaker 4: You know, there are a shocking amount of people saying that this is insane. Just a grilled cheese, grilled cheese dipping ketchup.
Speaker 6: That's a no note, just bat I.
Speaker 4: Thought everybody did that. Not everybody, but a lot of people did this or and even if it's not for you, it's not crazy to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I saw the front man of the Blowfish Hootski was saying that dipping a grilled cheese into ketchup number two way to eat a grilled cheese. Obviously you would want to dip it in a tomato soup first. Yes, a ketchup is just like a very, very thick soup, the thickest soup you can imagine.
Speaker 4: Did you have another tweeter?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought we were just gonna get a quick little bit of sloppy Joe in there and move on to the next one. The next one comes from Tyler Rickey Times and Barrett Sports Media. It's from a talk radio show in Philadelphia, and the caller on this radio program won't let anything.
Speaker 6: Get in the way of his Ben Simmons.
Speaker 5: Take hi, James, We're doing great, James.
Speaker 6: What's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Bro? Oh not bad? So ione just hit my car? Oh yeah, they are driving off.
Speaker 4: It's okay, what nose plate? Anyway, I'll write it.
Speaker 6: Damn, get your license plate. I'll get I'll get you. Read the license plate over the radio.
Speaker 7: No, oh yeah, that's wrong.
Speaker 4: They swarped into my lane. No way, anyway, I'll call about it. I'll call about Ben Simmons.
Speaker 6: What, James, you just got in a car accident? You caught about Ben's.
Speaker 1: He annoys me more than someone hit my car and driving off.
Speaker 5: At the end, Ben Simmons annoys me more than somebody hitting my car and driving off. I guess my question to you, what's more annoying a hit and run accident or your team star having a month's long trade request hanging over their season.
Speaker 6: It's a tough call.
Speaker 5: What you got.
Speaker 3: I don't know who was in the taxi with me in San Francisco and the new season required to it, but someone did bang into us and drove off. Does anyone remember that.
Speaker 7: I thought they got I was in the cab when that happened.
Speaker 3: Yea yeah.
Speaker 7: And because we were such dicks about it too, because we were in such a hurry, we just got out and ran away, like basically just got out and ran to another cab, Like I remember Matt, and it was me you and Matt. I think, and it was just like, okay, well, good luck with all of this, see you later. We got what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 7: That's true, that's true, But I mean we could have stayed to be witness, says, I guess, but I think it was the Cabby's fault. Actually that would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the other car did just drive off. Yeah, So it was it was like, all right, what is this guy gonna do? Chasing down? We didn't want to be on one of those like five Alive, you know, helicopter cams is a chase going downtown in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Via my Good says that James may have had something to do with this little te offender.
Speaker 7: He was on his phone, Yeah, on a radio show.
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's okay. I finally got through to this radio station. It's fine. I didn't see him and we touched, but he's got it's okay, it's I don't know, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't james fault.
Speaker 1: Was.
Speaker 2: He's a die hard. He's a die hard Sixers fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't have insurance, so he's like not just just let it go, man, I'm gonna have to scratch just to scratch.
Speaker 4: Man, it's nice to hear sports radio talk though. That's exactly what I think. Sports radio talk sounds like it's like this the perfect stereotype. But it's true. It turns out like just that gravelly voice. Let's tax shot. Hey, hey read me.
Speaker 6: His license plate?
Speaker 5: Is that illegal to read somebody else's license plate on the radio?
Speaker 4: There's probably regulation, probably, Yeah, it doesn't. It sounds like the woman sort of jumps in there. I don't do that. Actually, great great stuff, great tweets of the night. There sloppy Joe talk and sloppy driving talk. Sloppy hey, there it is there, it is okay pick the results from last night, brought to you by Bett MGM. It was the Kings and Wolves. I was calling it what the disappointing Bowl, especially with Fox going against Beasley, two guys on my top ten most disappointing players this season. If you missed that, check out yesterday's podcast. But in the end, Minnesota gets it done, pulled away late. Anthony Edwards did hit some big shots, So that's a victory. Four task. He's ten and three in the month of November. That's a win for Lee. He's eight and five, and I needed that one because Trey and I had different picks last night. So I got it. I'm six and seven and so is Trey after losing with the King. So what's tonight's game? There are six on in the association?
Speaker 2: Six a nice heavy Thursday nights. Skeed, how do they do it? How do they keep making heavy schedule nights? There isn't one kind of lighting up at some point. I don't know either way. Yeah, surprising six games, the Whiz slowing down. Trey talked about the the Sico Missos.
Speaker 4: What was that one called brid Ricos for.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: So they're going to face the Miami Heat and even though the Wiz at the top of the Eastern Conference, there's seven and a half point dogs going into Miami. Miami seven and a half point favorite. So, in the words of that radio host, what you.
Speaker 6: Got, bro?
Speaker 2: What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Skeets is taking the Washington Wizards. All the three of us are riding with the Heat. Jimmy b is back tripped dub last night and they're seven and a half in my favorites. That's a big, big line. So Skeatzy, you think that they can lose by seven or less the Wizards do. I.
Speaker 4: I just swerved because I didn't want to see all of us have the same pick. And there was a lot of love for the Heat and the Slack Channel this morning. So yeah, sure, it's a big enough line. I sort of like my gut said Miami would cover, but you never know in this league. Didn't what he can't have an over again? Right, Yeah, I'll take Washington to at least try and keep it close. It's a big game obviously between Trey and I here as we we're starting, I was gonna say we're starting to run out of dates in November, but it's only November eighteenth. My goodness, it was a lot later than that to me. Must be all that daylight savings a JD. All Right, so good luck, especially to the Washington Wizards. Keep it close for your boys, Skeatzy fun. Last show wild, I'll say, last show to go out on. You know, power going out and some hiccups at the beginning, but we power through it in the end. Lee, you're off right like you're headed overseas. You're going to England. Now the tour is over, You're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be in beautiful sunny, cloudy, drizzly cool Manchester for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 4: So wow, so you had tonight?
Speaker 3: I head out tonight, yes, add sources close to the scene, what'sapp chat may have secured tickets to a big soccer match on Saturday afternoon in Liverpool, may have may have so well, yeah, we're waiting for confirmation from old Uncle Treg. But might have some tickets of Liverpool Arsenal Saturday afternoon, so looking forward to that if it comes through.
Speaker 4: Old Uncle Treg. What do they play at, old stuff?
Speaker 3: This one is at Anfield, a huge game, huge.
Speaker 4: Game that's Saturday. But so you're flying to England tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm flying to England tonight, yes, and.
Speaker 4: Hope to be on tomorrow's shows. JD.
Speaker 3: This is really for JD. I've booked a podcast studio in Manchester, an official studio, to do tomorrow's show.
Speaker 7: So wow.
Speaker 4: I mean so it's definitely not gonna work because we're no.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably gonna work better than it works here. So it's an official, actual studio designated for podcasting type stuff and recording, so.
Speaker 4: We'll see you gotta have to give us a tour of this please tomorrow well, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well, have a safe flight. Thanks. We'll hopefully be talking to you tomorrow on the Drop podcast live at ten am Eastern, but later today. If you're a Survivor fan, check out the new No Buffs podcast with Jason Conception. We're going at five pm Eastern live on YouTube. Again. Just search for No Buffs on YouTube if you want to watch us live, and then we'll flip that into a podcast, which you can of course find on Apple and Spotify wherever you listen to podcasts. Just search for No Buffs survivor, get your No Dunks merch No dunks dot Com, get yourself an athletic subscription the Athletic dot com, slash No Dunks, and finally, send in your questions. Hey, we'll get to some questions on tomorrow's Drop podcast. That'd be funny tests hit the beach.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, we absolutely will. I've got this Andrew Wiggins question that's been rattling around my brain the last few days. It's a good one. Okay, real good one.
Speaker 4: Nice tease and all right, well, you still have time to get your great questions in send them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot com, or you can tweet them in at No dunks Inc. Or you can leave them in the YouTube comments. Blow thanks to the stream team for joining us live today. We will see you guys tomorrow. Clipper Bros.
Speaker 6: You heard it here first. Have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us, and remember no dunks dot com for some gear. Everybody's selling gear these days, everybody. I was watching Survivor forty one yesterday. Then I'm scrolling through my feed. We've got football Danny McCrae. He's selling Survivor forty one gear. Just a classic Survivor forty one shirt. It's like it's like I played in the like like I mean, it's just sort of like a Toronto Raptor shirt or like a tut No, it's more like a twenty twenty one, twenty two NBA season shirt, you know what I mean? Like surviving for you?
Speaker 7: I guess not.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm talking to the diehard's here. You guys are like surviving forty one. It's an accomplishment, shut up task. But you know, it's just kind of a strange shirt anyway, everybody's selling you. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 4: Embrace the day. People.
Speaker 1: You could stay.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 4: And dang you happy every minute.
Speaker 1: It's been so long with your fana, it's happened already. It's kinda be grevy