Speaker 1: So the lottery is over, the draft order is set. Here's what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Spurs number one, they get Victor, two, Charlotte Hornets, three Portland Trailblazers, four Houston Rockets, five Detroit Pistons, six Orlando Magic, seven Indiana Pacers, eight Washington Wizards, nine Utah Jazz, ten Dallas Mavericks, eleven Orlando Magic, twelve OKC thunder thirteen Toronto Raptors, and fourteen New Orleans Pelicans. So, after all those shenanigans of Dallas losing games on purpose like I recommended, they do get their tenth pick?
Speaker 1: Do you get to keep their own pick?
Speaker 2: And now they have the only trade asset that they could possibly think of. Otherwise the Knicks would have gotten their pick. And we saw how much chalk it was. The lottery basically lined up almost exactly with the odds, So if they would have gotten eleven, the Knicks would have gotten their pick.
Speaker 1: Now the Knicks have no first round pick.
Speaker 2: Other than Victor woman y'am at number one, which, by the way, the books have him at minus twenty thousand to go number one, which is like the craziest odds I've ever seen that means a hundred dollars bet would get you fifty cents, which like still is free money, I mean still free whatever you can put up on that, Like I could probably still I could be talked into it. For nearly two years, everyone was talking about how vic if it wasn't around, it's Scoot scoot this, scoot that, Scoot here, Scoot there. And now very smart people are saying that it is not Scoots number two overall pick for sure, that Charlotte could take Brandon Miller. They could take am and Thompson. They could take him at three, They could take him at two, which means Scoot could fall all the way.
Speaker 1: Down to four.
Speaker 2: And if Scoot's at four, maybe there's chaos because you know who's got four is those chuckers over there in Houston. They don't need another guard, So what happens do they move it? So much chaos? There are rumblings that Charlotte might even take Aman Thompson, who is mocked between three and six. They might be willing to trade down their pick. Mitch Kupchek seems to love Brandon Miller, but like I said, Brandon Miller apparently has has a dad bod now. So there are rumors that Houston may want to trade up, Rumors that the MAVs and the Blazers want to trade their picks altogether.
Speaker 1: So what are we gonna get? Who knows? We look at the bottom half of the draft.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Utah, La, Miami, Golden State, Houston again, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Portland from New York, Sacramento, Memphis, Indiana, Charlotte, Utah, Indiana, and the Clippers. There's just a lot of intriguing options here. Brooklyn has a pair of first rounders here, they could bundle those, they could move up. Houston could package four and twenty to get to three, which then means Portland probably package four and twenty for somebody like Ognnobi, or maybe even two if they fall in love with one of the top candidates. So yeah, I think what's interesting is that how many trades are being floated out there and what that means about this draft.
Speaker 1: What did we see last year? Not many trades at all? Why?
Speaker 2: Because the traft was seen as very good. Don't want to trade your pick if you have one. Everyone interested in their pick. Apparently this is supposedly a very deep draft, So.
Speaker 1: Why has everybody wanted to trade back.
Speaker 2: Maybe this draft class isn't as good as we thought it was, Like maybe it is just like two three maybe top tier talents.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just one. Maybe it's just vic Maybe like.
Speaker 2: Osar Thompson is a top tier talent, but we don't know because he's not being ranked there. So a lot of people think that there's not much left outside of Victor Wambaiama. Brandon Miller has character issues. In addition to the holes in his game that.
Speaker 1: I see, Scoot can't shoot threes.
Speaker 2: The closest comp that I can see to Aman Thompson could be John morant AT's six to seven, But he also could be Cam Reddish, who's been bounced around like a ping pong ball. So Cam Whitmore has a horrible assist rate, which means he's used to being a number one option, and a lot of these teams that could draft him have already other elite scorers on the team, So what does that mean for him? Taylor Hendrix, Ousar Thompson, Jarris Walker, Anthony Black, Derek Lively. Are any of those guys all pro players?
Speaker 1: I'm asking? Are they? I don't think so?
Speaker 2: So I think you're gonna see a ton of movement on draft nights, and that means what we're likely to see is lots and lots of chaos. This draft is going to be incredible, incredible for betters. We'll definitely have some friends of the shows to break this down because this year the draft is make or break for a number of teams like Portland, and I am excited to see how it all shakes out. All right, So, oh, we've got a Ja Morant update. Will multiple updates, but we'll keep it to the pertinent updates. First, Adam Silver responded to Jaw getting caught once again waving a gun around on IG Live, a quote unquote brandishing a weapon. What a word brandishing? I kind of love it, right, brandishing Like what do I brandish a diet coke? As sometimes a coke?
Speaker 1: Zero?
Speaker 2: Our man Adam and Amsterdam had this to say, I at least was left with the sense that he was taking this incredibly seriously. Honestly, I was shocked what I saw this weekend. Yeah, I was shocked as well. How long Jaw will get for the suspension is not known, but it is gotta be I think a minimum of twenty games.
Speaker 1: Jaw fought the law and the law. One. Jaw fought the law and the law one. That's the song, right, that's uh.
Speaker 2: He's put in the in the sights of the League Disciplinary office, and that's what the song says. The penalties are coming fast and furio. The latest penalty is from Nike Row Row. Numerous reports are saying that the Nike and Finish line have removed Jaws Hunger Jaw one sneakers.
Speaker 1: What a name.
Speaker 2: This is especially concerning if you are in Jaws camp or group because they were supposed to drop on May twenty fifth, which is in seven days. The new colorways were listed as recently as Tuesday. But now if you look for the Jaw Hunger one sneakers four h four err, this page does not exist.
Speaker 1: That is not good. Why does this matter?
Speaker 2: Well, because the last time that Nike deleted the shoe line on their app was Kyrie Irving and he was never to return again. He has been taping up his shoes with masking tape, writing little messages on them ever since. It is a cool world out there. Nike does not play when it comes to the brand of their athletes and the brain and of their shoes. That is not what they are playing around with a tiny, tiny percentage of NBA players get a signature shoe from Nike, and now Jaw might have just fucked it all up for the rest of his career.
Speaker 1: That's all the time that we have for the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: We'll be back Tuesday with an all new episode as we are into the conference finals. Check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which are going to drop almost every day, and follow the Heat Check as the NBA is and the playoffs are in full swing. Do not forget to download, subscribe, tell your friends, every single one of them, and follow us at this heat Check. Follow us on Trista Creek and on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, hopefully Instagram as well.
Speaker 1: And we will see you on Tuesday. Thanks for listening.