Speaker 1: Quote them. Everybody.
Speaker 2: It is week two of the SEC college football season and week one of the NFL. We are fade this, ready to rock, Matt Jones and Drew Franklin.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of podcasts would advise.
Speaker 2: Against missing week one of the season, but it could not be helped because I was at a fellowship in Bailey, Colorado as part of the Aspen Institute. And so but we're back. So we will treat week two in college football and week one in the NFL as week one overall. And Drew, good to see you and I missed you last week. Not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm treating it like we were waiting for both sports to have a weekend together, NFL and college So yeah, I mean we just missed a little bit of miss wall, but not that much. It's not a big deal. I mean, probably would have been on Florida anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah what happened. I would have bet on Georgia they won. I would have been on Miami they won. I said good things about both those teams.
Speaker 1: You were undefeated. It sounds like, yeah, I mean I I lost the game but then decided not to bet it. So I was in Boston college money line. Do you have me? Dad is twelve and zero, Billy, I would think that's what you have.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we didn't do picks for the week, so we.
Speaker 1: Had we had this is it? So now you're under a lot easier if you do them now. I think that's one of the things you need to to understand.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, everything I was in Colorado, Drew are you are you?
Speaker 1: Fellowship? That's what what I did. Uh.
Speaker 2: There are people from all over the country. You know, this podcast goes all over the world, and we have fans everywhere. A lot of Portugal fans love Portugal, a lot of Bangladesh fans.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's this fellowship. There were people from there's twenty one other people that're from you know, all all all the states, and they kind of know me. People from all the states, each of them, each of them have two point five homes, okay, and they all know me as like I'm the one guy.
Speaker 2: In the fellowship that's sports, you know what I mean. So they all want to talk to me about sports, and it's requiring me to learn more about their teams than I normally would you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to impress them? No, I just want to relate to them because you know, if somebody works in recycling, like, what are you gonna? What am I gonna We can't talk about recycling. What am I gonna say?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Man, it's good. I love the way they put those bottles away. It's good for the earth. Do ducks really get caught in the six ring plastic? I asked them about tuna. That was week one, you know. So it's just easier to find the common ground of sports because everybody there went to some.
Speaker 2: College or something like that. There's a girl from New Mexico. She was like, what do you think of my lobos this year? Didn't have a lot to say?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Start with you? What do you think? Then I'll tell you what I think of your thoughts. I'll tell you whether or not that's a smart plan. Uh.
Speaker 2: There was a guy who's from Arizona and he was like, so, who do you like this year? Arizona or Arizona State? And I was like both.
Speaker 1: Feeling feeling pride in both of their their their performances so far, but not like the problem is they are from states where their teams are just hideously born Montana, Minnesota, New Mexico, Mississippi, but they're a Southern miss fan.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's tough, but I I I spent some time. I would read up on the teams and then go, you know, I'm really excited for you guys this week.
Speaker 1: It's just so your your water cooler talk every at the coffee pot every morning. Yeah, it's gonna be gonna be a big week for you in South Dakota. I hope you know that. And things are gonna gonna go well. But I'm trying, and I'm trying to help like deepen my college football knowledge through trying to interact with these people. You know you already have, I mean, the best NFL knowledge being an ESPN radio host NFL knowledge. I'm glad you're adding to your catalog. In college there's a little more unique schools and states.
Speaker 2: Max had his fantasy football draft last night at the house. Yeah, and he was like trying to ask me what I thought of people, and it was clear to me, like, right now, who do you think the best running backs are in the NFL? I just want to like list if you were to say who are the top seven running backs in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Who would you say?
Speaker 3: McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's any I knew that one. B Jehan Robinson, Okay, that's for fantasy. But yes, he's on there too.
Speaker 1: I saw today on ESPN it said, is X a top five receiver this year? I'd never heard of the person. I think it was for the Rams.
Speaker 2: I think there are more people that he was mentioning that I didn't know, Cook, like Dalvin Cook, not on Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Take a gander what team he's on. Anybody have any idea? Jets. I think he's on the Raiders. Didn't know how would you know that? Who would know that? No fantas, you know what?
Speaker 2: And then after you go from b Jon Robinson, Breese Hall, uh, and uh McCaffrey, he was like, should I take X person? And I thought, that's not a person and they were like fourth on the running back list, and he goes, don't you do an NFL show?
Speaker 1: And I said, I guess. But at this time and if un started, you lock in right when he gets here, you've been focused on your fellowship. I learned that Sam Darnold is a quarterback again in the NFL, and he's a starter by way of injury Minnesota, right, Yeah, Minnesota. Who knew I thought he was like on Fox, Well he was, and then JJ McCarthy got hurt.
Speaker 2: I just I had no idea. So it was good to like hear the know those names and realize they're still playing. You're getting your rhythm back, getting the rhythm back. People'll be hearing your name soon and knowing you're back, and people who wonder, like you know Max. Max is a friend of ours who stays in my house, and he was like, if you want to know what you do, we were reading us. We were reading tennis major champions in the eighties and nineties. That's what you were doing last night. He's like, did you know Carlos Moya won the French Open? And I was like, really, I haven't thought about that in a long time.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a fun game, So don't act like we're not partying. This is what happens when you get to be a certain age, you're not married, You just name old it looks someth you're doing on road trip. You just name Layton HEWITTT and you just get excited. So how many games have you picked for us this week? I think I have about nine or ten written down there's a lot of big spreads. I mean, there's some some big marquee games. But to get a full call, we need to have a number that we do every week. So let's do Let's do twelve and eight NFL games and we fly through them, all right, sounds twelve college I might have fount though, what'll count as we go? Very informal spreadsheet I have here, all right.
Speaker 2: So let's uh, let's do what i'd say. The big game is what Michigan Texas is that where we're starting.
Speaker 1: Well. I wanted to see if you want to start a little Friday night with b YU at s m U Battles of three less. We love a Friday night game. We might have if we didn't go and defeated. We did very well on Friday nights last year. We did really well. Also, we know BYU. That's why I wanted to include this one. Mormons versus Hot Moms. B Why you beat Southern Illinois.
Speaker 2: Single Mom University against uh? This is two of our favorites against you know best something I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be careful. I've been watching Book of Mormon too much. B YU and s m U. I think SMU is good if won twice or we're here too, and oh team here in week two? Okay, and what what is the spread? Uh s m U is an eleven and a half point favorite. Wow, and the game is at SMU. I said correct.
Speaker 2: I feel like when we had this situation last year, b YU would end up covering in these games. I think like that because they would get these big spreads.
Speaker 1: I would talk about Mormons and they would end up remember a lot of that and they would end up covering SMU joining the acc.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're excited about it. But the Mormon funk is coming and it's in Dallas. You know they're not gonna be distracted by that Dallas Night Live life. I'm gonna take b y U t uh to cover the eleven.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking here, I'm wondering how much playing twice really matters because it probably doesn't. Oh you think because they played twice or twice as good? Well some U, Yeah, they got the extra game they played week zero, they went to Nevada, beat Nevada one big last week against Houston, did they like almost lose to Nevada though, like did Nevada play him really close? Close? But That's why I'm just trying to how much am I gonna weigh that that extra scare in there. I'll take SMU just to go ahead and get us off the same pick. So you're gonna take SMU to cover the eleven and a half only because they've played so much football, Matt, They've they have so much tape, so much they've worked on. It's like they've played an entire other season over BYU.
Speaker 2: I do worry it's gonna be really hot. You know in BYU is up in the mountains. What's the altitude they're in? Uh, like seventy five hundreds is in Salt Lake City?
Speaker 1: It's that high.
Speaker 3: It's just a guess after you were at ten thousand last week.
Speaker 2: I doubt it's that high. See what it is? See what Salt Lake City is. I don't think it's that hot. But but Dow, we.
Speaker 1: Checked the altitude of gerald Ford Stadium. Yeah, what is it? I'll check Okay, So they're going to be used to it being cooler. So I do think that's an advantage for SMU. Is the heat Dallas is four hundred and fifty feet, so.
Speaker 2: It's ten times higher at BYU. So that means their lungs are going to be ten times stronger in Dallas. I don't know how you pick SMU there. I'm all b white.
Speaker 1: It's it's completely the extra game and just being in the a CEC. They have this this glow about them right now. They're new to the conference. Uh want wanted to start off on the right foot and and go now.
Speaker 2: Game three, you know, in the NFL, though, is even trying to take over Friday nights. They're gonna have to go over against that Brazilian game, which I'm sure you'll have on our NFL.
Speaker 1: This is that on there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know if I'll watch any of this, but I like that we're splitting up first the three letter abbreviations. What's next.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to the biggest game on Saturday, and it's at noon, Texas at Michigan. Texas is a seven point favorite. This is gonna be a great game.
Speaker 2: Texas a seven point favorite on the road in ann Arbor. In ann Arbor, Uh game, you know everybody's gonna be there. Game Day is going to be there, Fox, the Urban Meyer dance party is going to be there, Probably the Manning's there.
Speaker 1: Just in case Travis still have his show.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe he's bas show now.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know, but like he had like a tailgate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't do that now, he never do that. I don't think.
Speaker 1: So that was just a tailgate.
Speaker 3: The OutKick one, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there would be it would literally there would be no one there. He literally outkicked his coverage.
Speaker 2: And it was also it was like an assortment of strange people, like you'd never seen him before and they were just sitting there and you could see people walk by and actively be like, who.
Speaker 1: Is this is going to get out of here? That end? So I don't know if they're going to be there or not. Who do you like in this one? Texas? I feel like it's really good. I think I don't think Michigans can score. Michigan has a good defense versus Texas offense strength verse strength, But as long as Texas is getting a few stops on a Michigan offense that's full of new faces. Donovan Edwards didn't play very well in Week one running back, I think Texas might be in for a big win here. The spread was like four, it's already moved to seven. Oh I wish I got it at four. I would have bet it was six and a half. Just earlier this morning. I think, sure, how much it's moving.
Speaker 2: Man, I wish I had known that at fourth that would have been one. You know, it's worth noting. This is the week to make money, you know that, right, Billy. This is the reacting, This is the overreaction week. And so if you believe in the idea of the overreaction, my general consensus is go against the overreaction, and the overreaction here would be to say Texas will win bylin. Michigan had some struggles for a little bit against was it Fresno or their receivers caught a total of thirty four yards and Texas won by like a thousand, So overreaction, but not this time. Texas, I think is too too good.
Speaker 1: I got on a Michigan message board. You know, Michigan just off the title playoff contender. You think they'd be sticking out their chest saying bring it. Every comment was about how they're going to get smoked. So even the home home fans aren't feeling good about it.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to get smoked. So I'm gonna take Texas Texas to do it. Did you watch the Connor Stallions documentary.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I got about thirty minutes into it, had to turn it off. Something came up, but I was checking out. They cover much, but it seems like they almost try to make him look sympathetic. Yeah, that's what those documentaries do, especially that untold that Florida's was that way. Do you think that's they do it just to get him to participate. I mean I did like that he doesn't remember being at the Central Michigan game. Then Dave port Andoyd's like he was definitely a Central Michigan game. He told me it was, but didn't Portan and I say he was misquoted, which I don't know. Yeah, I know, but it's a yes or no answer, Like, how could it be misquoted and he was at the game. It was pretty clear. Okay. I watched that one and the McNair win in one night. You know, McNair's my guy, but it just doesn't really get into much. You were a huge Steve McNair fance. He is my goat, But those documentaries don't really get into any details or anything new.
Speaker 2: This is two of the best college towns in America against each other. But there are two college towns that are almost too big to even be college towns. Austin and Arbor are both big cities. If you were to rank five, I have best college towns in America that you've been to?
Speaker 1: In order? What would you say? Oxford? Oxford numbers. Yeah, Athens is as close to I've been to Austin, but not to the campus, so I guess I'll still count it Austin's let's take Austin off because I feel like that's a full fledged city, not a college town. Okay, I actually had fun in East Lansing. You're gonna go East Lancy number three to our Michigan State listeners. There can't be many people. It helps that I was there for the Michigan game. I mean it was a rowdy weekend. Yeah, I believe if I remember correctly, didn't you just look at me and say I'm going into that bar and you just left me and you just went into a bar by yourself. I don't remember that i'd been I'd already been to the I've been there without you. I went to the Michigan Michigan State game, So I mean the city was on fire for that game, so I was caught it throwing its fastball. I put in Arbor in there too, though he went on kind of a dead night, but I saw its potential. Uh have been many other places in the South. I feel like that'd be a lot of people's answers in the SEC. I'm gonna go say in Knoxville.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Charlottesville as number one, Chapel Hill two, Athens three. I like your ann Arbor is four. And I think an underrated one that gets left out is Madison, Wisconsin. Madison, Wisconsin would be a really good college town. You know, a lot of the SEC towns are great, but like Oxford, Mississippi, you know, if you're there in Junior July, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: That's what's kind of why I was there. So you know, in Michigan, Michigan State, I was there for the biggest game of the year. It's a little different than if I just driven through on a Wednesday afternoon. Billy, what about you.
Speaker 3: I've been to Baton Rouge for a Western LSU night game.
Speaker 1: Was that awesome?
Speaker 3: It was? It was just a downpour of rain, so it didn't get the full experience and then I've been to Boulder, Colorado, not for a game.
Speaker 1: That's a great toak. Actually, you know what, let me take out who did I have fifth Madison and put him Boulder. Boulder's great.
Speaker 3: I could live there. The place is awesome.
Speaker 1: Why why do you like it so much?
Speaker 3: Well? The food was good.
Speaker 1: Weed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, weed and the food.
Speaker 1: Dion?
Speaker 3: Dion?
Speaker 1: Would you be one of Dion's sons? Do you love Dion? I'm rooting for him even now. Yeah, like all the stuff they do, you like it? You're still cool?
Speaker 3: I think I still like it still like Deon.
Speaker 2: I mean, they beat North Dakota State by like six, and they acted like they won the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But he gave money to kids that are guys that have kids on the Colorado football team. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: No? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: He started accounts with money in it for the players on the team that had kids.
Speaker 1: How much money I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like five grand or something like that a piece.
Speaker 1: And is it for their kids like college or whatever?
Speaker 3: I don't know, just for diapers or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm for diapers. Yeah, that's what he gave the money for.
Speaker 3: Probably, Yeah, not being a college athlete and a parent at the same time. So I love Dion for that.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you don't know all the details.
Speaker 3: I don't know all the details, but I know he's a good man.
Speaker 1: You do, okay?
Speaker 3: When he looked at all those guys in the face and said you can transfer.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Alyssa Lang, by the way, in our contest, she asked if she wanted us to add ask Raydam Cobb, and I said yes, oh definitely. Wasn't Randall Cobb on your list? Yeah? He didn't respond to me, but maybe he'll respond to her well, ask using her. Okay, what's next? I'm just gonna go in order that they are on TV, so staying at noon, we have Kansas State at Tulane. Again, State beat you t Martin. Tulane beat Southeastern Louisiana. Can I guess the spread on this? Sure? I'm gonna say Kansas State by ten nailed it ten even Wow, this guy knows ball. It's pretty good, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Right on?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good? Guess. My big addition for this game is after two lane one fifty two to nothing, John Sumrall said, we sucked in the spring and we have to get better if we're gonna win football games after shutting out an opponent scoring fifty two points.
Speaker 2: See this is I think this one's really hard because this is a big game for Tu Lane, but also a big game for Kansastate. I mean, Kansas State is not, as we've talked about, doesn't have that many hard games.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna make you go first, what are you taking in this? I'm rolling with some raw. I admit it's a little bit of a fanboy pick, but I mean what he's done in a short time as a head coach has been pretty amazing. And you know they're unlikely they'll win, but I'll bet on them to cover this. Playing at home in New Orleans, maybe the biggest opponent on the schedule, Kansas State's rings seven. Would you bet a money line? Do you think they have a chance to win the game? I don't think I'd go that far plus two ninety five, I don't think so, But I'll take the ten points. I'm gonna take two Lane as well. I'm not gonna I'm not giving away to the green for the Greenway home Gilman Stadium. Plus I mean Kansas State. You know there's always one team that everybody overreacts positively on as a surprise team. Maybe it's them. They play Arizona next week in BYU and Oklahoma State. Maybe not given Tulane all the credit they deserve. Yeah, let's take the greenway. I'm all, I like the GreenWave. You like the green wave? Billy twist my bet on, John Sumrall, John summerl. Tulane was where I met the girl where whose last name was was Beavers? That when I was in New Orleans. I won't say her first name, but uh, she left her her ID in a bar and I found it. And then later on and we went to another bar and I was like, we were like, look, we found a person's whose last name was Beavers and that was her. She was staying right there. Did you pick pocket her so you could meet up with her later? The move got your hot d works every time in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Two buck teeth too? What the beaver's buck teeth?
Speaker 1: Or saying she had buck teeth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 1: Nice person, Billy, What are you talking about? This is a normal human being.
Speaker 3: I know her last name was Beavers.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're just making a general joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it went over your head.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, all right? What's next, Uh, hopefully more jokes. And then we have Baylor at number eleven Utah. Baylor whooped up on Tarlatan State in Utah blank Southern Utah Utah by twenty one and a half. Oh, you're gonna like betting on the Utes. Then it's only fourteen and a half. Oh, Utah triple lock. Baylor's awful right games at Utah? Yeah, I'm with you. I like this pick as well. Give me I want right down.
Speaker 3: Triple lock already written down, triple.
Speaker 2: Lock first of all commination and once again betting on both Mormon grooves. And secondly, I feel like that's a crazy spread because Baylor's like projected to go like two and ten.
Speaker 1: Aren't they. Utah is very good, came rising, completed ten passes last week, and five of them were for touchdowns. It's not bad. I'm going with the Utes. Yeah. I feel like that's a gimme. Something's something's off, something's up, something's fishy when we double check it. What's up though? I mean I thought I just double checked it. Hmm.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the half. Is that how they get you on the fourteen and a half. I don't know, but I'm in I'm all Utah, I like it. That's a great, that's a that's that's my triple lock doozy. What's next.
Speaker 1: It's gonna blowout game everybody loves. That won't be a blowout ioways state at Iowa. This is Syhawk trophy is one. It's called the sy Hawk Trophy. The under his hit in seventeen of the last nineteen meetings, is that right? We don't bet totals, but it's down to thirty five points this year, seventeen of the last nineteen unders. Yep, they've made it so low that like a lot of those would have been over with where the line is now, but it's down to thirty five.
Speaker 2: I had someone tell me with a straight face once they were like, the best party in the United States all year is the Kentucky Derby and Iowa Iowa state. And I've always thought of that because I thought it can't be that good.
Speaker 1: With all due respect to Iowa outside of the Caucasus. What else they're looking forward to? Though? That is there? That is their Kentucky Derby. Yeah, give me, I believe it. Besides Caucusing, What is something you know about Iowa?
Speaker 3: Not much des Moines. Is that a city there?
Speaker 2: It is, but that's just a place. A field of dreams, field of dreams. Okay, there's one Iowa fact. Can we collectively come up with five non caucusing Iowa fat spam museum. It's only because you've been. But they do have a spam music meat spam They not like not like email spam. That would be a really that would be a terrible.
Speaker 1: We have your bed bathroom beyond coupons would be a fun museum. You mean I can donate to Kamala Harris? Now what there's a survey you want? Okay, so we should open the spam museum. These five fruits will make you lose twenty pounds.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's just get can we let me? Can I just go to my spam file and see right now?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh, I can get seventy five dollars off NFL ticket Sunday ticket from fanatics.
Speaker 1: It's good, it's a good deal. It's time for a health screening from zockdoc. What is zok doc? These could all be things you're walking through in this museum? What is what is zoc doc?
Speaker 3: Don't it sounds like a bowl game sponsor?
Speaker 2: There are there's I can study abroad with the Lehigh University bookstore.
Speaker 1: Your Spamsune's fun.
Speaker 3: Must have got a hoodie there, I must have?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh wow? Where how did I get Victoria's Secret Spooky Fits? Move that one to the regular inbox.
Speaker 2: Spooky Fits? And then finally, uh, refined my style with the latest new balance from foot Locker. What about yours? Check yours real quick?
Speaker 1: With my spam I mind delete. I'm gonna have like one thing. I just recently cleared them out. Oh here we go. Stop chunking your wedges from such as golf. They sent that at two o'clock today. I gotta stop chunking my wedges. Stop chunking your wedges. Yeah, I think that was golf. You sure that Spooky Fits? I think it was.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no there's three. That's all I can do. My museum, Ashton Kutcher Field of Dreams. That's pretty good. What else, Billy, you have to call Iowa if you don't come up? Is that where they set twisters the movie.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma? Yeah? Okay, all right? What else? Give me another one?
Speaker 3: So the Hawkeye State, I mean that's what that's.
Speaker 1: The nickname of the team. That's a that's a.
Speaker 3: That's actually the state o the.
Speaker 1: World's largest truck stop. That's there. You're yes, you don't know about that. It has a movie theater and it has a movie theater. When we were going to it, I'm thinking, all right, sure whatever. No, it is certainly the world's largest truck stock. I can't imagine one that's even close. You can get a massage, and not like a real one in the like, not like a one in the back of a truck, not from some guy Darryl. You can get an actual massage. You can multiple BUCkies in it. Yeah, there's a movie theater.
Speaker 3: What's the scale to BUCkies? Like, how many BUCkies are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Six? Six? Oh much bigger than BUCkies. It's like a town. They just said we have the massage parlor of the movie theater. I think parlor. I don't think that's at the truck stop. Lots of restaurants, clearly, there's like four restaurants in it, like four different kinds of restaurants. A lot of old people too. Huh, all right, one more, just so that we finished the tour guide of it's all I got. I don't know. I can't think of one other thing. Everything's Caucus related. All right, Billy, while we're looking, you find this at least one more.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, you call Ohiowa?
Speaker 1: All right? What's the spread? Uh? The spread is Iowa is a three point favorite at Iowa at Iowa. I take Iowa. Last week, Iowa had their most yards in a game in five seasons. I take Iowa. I mean, I know i was State supposed to be decent, but you're telling me they got the home field. You know, they were like they finished with nine wins like every single year. So I'll take Iowa. Yeah, I'm trusting in iowa new offensive coordinator after that fun contract last season when young Farrens didn't live up to the scoring average, I'll believe in them. After last game and they actually showed some offense, had forty points. It's gotta be like school record. Yeah. I like Iowa quite a bit. All right, what's next? How about a little Kansas at Illinois. Fun fact, this is Illinois's first sellout since twenty sixteen, and it's for the Kansas Jayhawks. You think at some point they that is really weird. What a weird game? Like?
Speaker 2: They play Ohio State, They played Michigan, they played State. They sell out for Kansas.
Speaker 1: Kansas is what finally sells it out. Part of me wonders is that Kansas fans could be Kansas excitement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're good this year. They're better than they were rate nineteenth. All right, so what's the sprint.
Speaker 1: Kansas is a five and a half point favorite on the road. They beat Lyndon would forty eight to three last week.
Speaker 2: Give me the Alina sold out stadium. Brent Beelama's wife is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tried to mention her a few weeks ago. Got the coach wrong. Brent Beelama's wife. Illinois won forty five to nothing. Last week. They played well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. Give me, give me Illinois. I might even take Illinois money line, but I'm definitely taking them to coach.
Speaker 1: It's plus one eighty. I like a good home dog. I love Illinois in this situation. Kansas beating linden Wood not even in real place. Looked it up. It's the first time they've ever played against an FBS school. Kansas was punching down in Week one. Gonna finally find some real football in Champagne this weekend. I'll take Illinois to cover that five and a half. All right, we like that when we're kind of on the same page, which is usually a good sign for week two. Did you find an eyewa fact?
Speaker 3: I did? Iowa is the largest corn producer in America.
Speaker 1: I left kornof intentionally sounds like that, and that's an easy one, Like, I mean corn is against quarr and corn. Everyone knows Iowa and corn. I mean, those are like two things that Okay, give me one more.
Speaker 3: That's Iowa is the only state name that starts with two vowels.
Speaker 1: There we go looking boom, Now you're back. That's what I'm looking for. That's true. I Oh, how many other words start with io, iodine, iona, i Owa, iota? What's ioda? I don't give one iota? Oh, Iota? Okay, gotcha ioda? Io done? Uh? Iona. Look, there's gonna be we need a science nerd. There's gonna be a lot of iOS. There's a prefixed ion. Ion is an Yeah, we got ions. You're right. Ions.
Speaker 3: We'll go to the judges for that one.
Speaker 1: Look up some that's what they want on their football pad finding some words for let's start with Okay, what's next? You mean? I gotta follow ions? I don't know what an ion is. It's something science. Yeah, it's like an adam or a molecule that's got some things going on with it. Some energy could be positive, cosey negative, depends on the day. How about Tennessee playing n C State. This is a neutral game in Charlotte. Both teams ranked Tennessee's fourteenth, n C State twenty fourth. Tennessee beat the crap out of Chattanooga, and NC State played a Western Carolina thirty eight to twenty one. I like Tennessee no matter what you tell me to spread is what is it? Eight? It was seven and a half. I like Tennessee. I think Tennessee wins by at least two touches. I think that one might be even higher by the time Saturday rolls around. I like it a lot too. Definitely, that's a seven point tas begging me to put it as part of a seven point tease. I liked Tennessee to cover. I did not like how good Nico looked and how the internet just kept talking about him last Saturday. His first half. They're incredible. Yeah, they're good. I don't want them to be did you see the Tennessee I think it was the Athletic department. Some Tennessee official account told their fans get to Charlotte early and get really drunk and loud. I didn't see that, but that sounds like something in Tennessee. If you just said that, I would guess Tennessee's the school it was.
Speaker 2: I may have not been the athletic department. Some official Tennessee something said today, make sure you get to Charlotte and get drunk and loud.
Speaker 1: Geographically, these seem pretty close. Knoxville, Raleigh, Charlotte closer, but I think should be pretty even, if not even more Tennessee.
Speaker 2: And then Charlotte is right there next to East Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains. Yeah, that I bet there are more Tennessee fans there than there are NC State fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're fired up after watching Nico. I did not want him to pan out. Yeah, I think Tennessee. I really like the Tennessee. And what was my double lock Utah.
Speaker 3: Triple lock was Baylor at Utah Utah minus fourteen and a half.
Speaker 2: It would be a good teas there too, would be a good teas with Tennessee and Utah. Throw one more in there and then it's like put Billy's ions on. No, not one iota of a chance of a loss.
Speaker 1: You got any more iOS over there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, there is a few. Ion is a three letter word, Drew, What does it mean? An atoms? We see clip of atoms that have acquired a set electric.
Speaker 1: Chart seconds ago. What's the others?
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a few ionizers.
Speaker 1: Iodation? What's iodation?
Speaker 3: Iodation is to combine and pregnate or treat with iodine.
Speaker 1: To impregnate with iodine.
Speaker 3: That's right, you iodate?
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, You and any dates out there cutting line up. That's one of my dating strategies. They girl, what give me one more these? I feel like they're all sort of.
Speaker 3: They're all like idioms of IO nine I know Jian.
Speaker 1: Okay, so most words have something to do without it? All right, what's next? Did we both give our picks there? Yes? We did another big game, Colorado going to Nebraska. This was exciting. Last year Colorado in the dion debut, beat Nebraska pretty handily. Yeah. Games at Nebraska at Nebraska. Yeah, I tell me Sanders versus Dylan Ryola, battle star freshman quarterback for Nebraska. I'm going to guess the spread. I'm going to say Nebraska by seven seven and a half. These guessings pretty good. There's my other one in the tees. I almost interrupted you earlier, but I didn't want to get too far ahead. But I was going to say, there's one more coming.
Speaker 2: That Tennessee Utah teas is perfect Nebraska Tennessee Utah. That that would get you like plus one fourteen or something if you take all three on the tees or something like that. That to me is go, Nebraska is gonna win this game. I don't love seven and a half. I wish it was six and a half, which is why it is seven and a half. But I will still take Nebraska. I think there's a chance Nebraska destroys them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colorado seems to be like three people Sanders, Travis Hunter, and the other receiver they never talked about, Jimmy Horn. I think Nebraska dominates them in the trenches on both sides. Last year, even though Sanders had almost four hundre yards, they sacked him seven or eight times. I think there'll be more of that, but he won't be as successful. I think the Colorado defense is gonna give up a lot to raft, so I'll go or Nebraska to cover, even though I bet a lot of against Nebraska last year, This year, I think I might go the other way. I think they might be for real.
Speaker 2: I think they're a sleeper team this year. And you know, no one has hated Nebraska more than me and Fun my entire life. Yeah, and I'm in on Nebraska this year. I actually think they're gonna be pretty good. I don't think they'll make the playoff, but I think they're going to be like nine and three, eight and four, and I like them.
Speaker 1: I remember betting this the other way last year, taking Colorado because I didn't believe in Nebraska. This year, I think they got them. All right. We'll do a little, just a little college football break here. TD Tuddy What does that mean? Touchdown Tuddy?
Speaker 3: The best thing to do on DraftKings?
Speaker 1: That touchdown? They call a touchdown Tuddy first Tuddy. Yeah kind of thing people say. I mean, I don't say it my every day. I've never ever heard anyone say it. Who says it? Uh?
Speaker 3: The kids?
Speaker 1: Well then I'm gonna start saying it. Justin Jefferson, You like a TD A Tudy? I thought that was Jamar Chase. Let me let me start. Do you like a TD or a tuddy? Maybe you like taking it to the house. Whatever you call a touchdown, they matter more. At DraftKings sports book and sports book partner in the NFL, if you want to place your first NFL bet, try betting on something simple like a tuddy. Give me do we have a spread on a tuddy? I guess there wouldn't be a spread. It's whoever gets the first one, right, Yeah, anytimetuddy or a first tuddy. Remember lines and odds are subject to change, but do your own tuddy. Dance with the Draft Kings Sports Book the number one place to vet t at tuddies. Download the Draft Kings sports with app app and use my code fade. That's the code fade. For new customers. You get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus.
Speaker 2: Bets when you bet just five bucks, so you can bet five books on somebody to get a tutdy and then you get one month of NFL plus premium and two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. It's only at DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a game in probably call one hundred gamer new York called eight seven to seven eight, hoping wyre, text hoping why and CONNECTU help us. Available for problem gamling call eight eight eight seven eight and at seven seven seven eight nine, four four seven through three CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resort in Kansas. Twenty one plus agent eligibility varies by just sug six voiding one AREO Bonus pits expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issues. Traditional terms say dkg dot co, slash ft ball, slash tuddy, NFL Plus Premium off for available only the new and former NFL Plus subscribers. Additional NFL Plus premium at terms at NFL dot com slash terms wonderful. What is NFL Plus premium?
Speaker 1: H you get on there. You can get the call twenty two and game replays. It's like what we saw in the Kentucky game where they shoot it from outer space. Fans get it for free. Yeah. So that's like, so if I'm on DraftKings, I get NFL Plus premium.
Speaker 3: According to you, you're not an existing member.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know that, all right?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: By the way, for people who are listening from around the country on our daily show. I created a Survivor Pickham League, and it's for the celebrities that are friends of KSR. And can we use that term loosely? You know, the person who is by far the most excited about this and his wrinten me seven or eight text messages about it, Andy Buckley. David Wallace from the in the office. David Wallace from the office is so excited, he wrote, let me read the first one. Uh, please let everyone else know. They're now playing for second place. The combination for he goes, my pick week one is the Raiders and I think they play the Chargers.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit of a Hey, don't mess with his excitement, but he says the combination of Kenny Stabler Freddie Bullitt in the cough is going to be unstoppable this season. See he's gonna give a little reasonings mind this pick. Maybe a future fade this guest. Oh, he would be a good faid this guest.
Speaker 3: What was his invention in the office. I don't remember what was it, like suck it or something like that.
Speaker 1: His invention was suck it. Well, I don't remember that episode. Is that after it was the Robert California was on.
Speaker 3: I'm Not Crazy. It was like a vacuum that he invented in the in the show.
Speaker 1: So before the Office, he was into Reba McIntyre music videos. He was, I think that I can actually picture it. There you go, that's how you got to start. Wow, what else has he been in?
Speaker 3: I don't know, let's find out.
Speaker 1: He's I feel like everybody knows him from the uh from the definitely. David Wallace saw an interview with Kevin from the Office. What's his real name? I don't know, but I know who you're talking about. He said. He was like he for a few years made a million dollars a year on cameo. He's a big cameo guy.
Speaker 2: And he said that being Kevin has both been the best and worst thing of his life. He said it's the best thing because it's given him a living and like the best life that he thought he could have as an actor. It's been the worst thing because people think he's dumb and just come up to him like he's really Kevin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some characters you just only see them as who they portrayed. They could do fifty movies, but they're stuck in one role. If I saw him on the street, I would want him to drop a pot of chili or do something for people like that that you can't look at them. In another role, Dwight True would be one. Could you see Rain Wilson in any other role? I wouldn't even want to call him Rain.
Speaker 3: I don't know Arkle m George from Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: He did other things. Well, Kramer, now Seinfeld. I'd go Cramer first. Kramer. I don't think you could think of Kramer as anything else other than Kramer. Yeah, what Alf?
Speaker 3: Okay, Shannon Alf.
Speaker 2: Did have a hard time expanding to more dramatic seems the key is to be on a long running show. People can't turn that off.
Speaker 1: I think also, if you're the weird guy, something quirky about you, something kind of quirky or strange, I think that makes it harder. I'm trying to think of what else. Tony Soprano just thinking about the sopranos in my head.
Speaker 2: I saw him in a movie, right, I think the last thing he made before he died, And he's not supposed to be Tony Soprano, but you can't help looking at him as Tony Soprano.
Speaker 1: Oh he played the warden in a prison in a fairly big movie one year and you're just watching it, like, why is Tony Soprano's awarding of this prison? Yeah, that's a good question though for the future, maybe on the text machine seven seven for a character Dwight Truth's got to be up there. Could you see him doing anything as White? Has he done anything else? I guess he has. I've seen him in a few things, but he's still DWIGHTE.
Speaker 3: Andy Buckley was in veep Jurassic World, remember, Yeah, he did okay shameless? Remember Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Speaker 1: You got the KSR Survival League. I don't remember him and Alvin and the Chipmunks, but maybe I should have. All Right, what's next? What'd we just do? Little Colorado? Nebraska? Yes, uh, let's go to Boise State at Oregon. Oregon did not look good last week, not, which is why I'm betting on him. What's the spread twenty But the early season line was like twenty four to twenty five if you were to look at it a week ago, so there's about a four from Secondly, I'm still gonna take Oregon. I think you know in Oregon it's a different state than Boise, and they're gonna they're gonna be more situated. And the Boys has got one of the best running backs in the country, but we took Bush Hampden from him. Yeah. Week one, he had six rushing touchdowns in two hundred and sixty seven yards. But that's all they do. They're one dimensional, and he's due to regress exactly. Oregon will be ready to stop him. Twenty I don't you know, I don't like to give any team twenty, but I'm gonna still take Orgon. I think they win by twenty one points. I'm gonna take Oregon here. I'm very confused. Dylan Gabriel went forty one for forty nine for three hundred and eighty yards and two touchdowns. How did they need a late touchdown? Even put this away? Like, if you look at their box scoring their stats, it looks like they played a pretty good game. They just don't have many points. But again, under my week two rule, this game stands out.
Speaker 2: Boyse he wins a game that I think was a little bit of a toss up, and they won fifty.
Speaker 1: Six forty five to Georgia Southern. Yeah, and I think they might have even been an underdog in that game, or it was supposed to be closed. Oregon doesn't look good in their game, you bounce back. This is a classic play the go the opposite way. I'm taking I'm taking org. Last week, Oregon was a forty four and a half point favorite in one fourteen. I think they're due for I think they're due give me. They got to make make it a little statement this week. I'm not going to make that a lock, but I'm gonna make it kind of a feeling saucy pick. The feeling saucy pick, feeling saucy pick. What's next? Let's do? Because they were in the news, Well, let me make sure I have a line for it. Eastern Kentucky versus Western Kentucky playing this week, So Billy, I wanted your take on this, So bring it up Western Kentucky. I wanted to wear white uniforms to have a white out, but the road team gets to choose uniform color and Eastern chose white. But they had already declared a white out, So the crowd is going to be all in white, but Eastern is going to be wearing white. Are you mad about this? As a Western grad.
Speaker 3: I'm just infuriated by it. I mean, why does the road team get to decide what uniforms are?
Speaker 1: Those are the rules, I mean wise murder illegal, Like, there are laws that are put in place and you have to follow them, and the road team gets to choose the universe.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. I think we need to change the rule. If you're the home team, you should decide what threads you want to wear.
Speaker 1: I disagree, and I think this is awesome. They played every year for like eighty years, they took a twenty year break, they're finally getting back to play again, and Eastern's already turning up the rivalry four or five days out. I kind of like it too. Why do I have to change my routine? There is your white out. I don't need to help your white You know the road team gets to do a lot in games. Did you know the road team is in charge of bringing the foot balls? So yeah, the footballs where both teams are brought by. The road team is in charge of the footballs and foot believe that? What do you mean you don't believe it?
Speaker 3: Well, you think this team has their own footballs and it's got their own damn logo on it no.
Speaker 2: The road team brings the footballs. Now, they may use the home team's logo, but the road team, the road team has the footballs and there's something else.
Speaker 1: They have orange slices for halftime. Also, they're required to bring the orange slices.
Speaker 3: When does the road team decide they get to pick the uniforms?
Speaker 1: In the history, it's been the rule. It's the rule always. The road always wears the road always wears no in football.
Speaker 2: In basketball, it's actually the opposite. In basketball, it's the opposite. The home team gets to choose uniform. But in football, the road team chooses to choose the colors. And you're right, they mostly choose a color uniform. But this time they're choosing what they normally wear white. Okay, so they're saying, we're not changing for.
Speaker 1: You Western, We're gonna wear what we would normally watch it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, we need to change that rule. Get on that, Matt, You got to Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Can't Western, Just say all right, now we're wearing red. Like, why are they so insistent that it has to be a white out?
Speaker 3: Well, it's you know, it's hard to get people on the same page. You've already declared it a white out, is that we shouldn't have a white out.
Speaker 1: Have to change. Keep seeing this graphic that says it's white out, but it's not from UK. Yeah, I think that's just one person on Twitter trying to get something going. I've not seen anything official from UK. All right, what's next.
Speaker 3: What's the line of that game?
Speaker 1: There actually wasn't a line, so I brought that up thinking there would be one. There's none. So we have three more games left. That was my tenth. You got to get four more because we got it. Let's one to twelve. Oh, we got three? Okay, whatever you want to do. There's some big sports have done Kentucky, yet we do Kentucky South Carolina. So now it's ten ten. I don't like to say this, but I'm going to take South Carolina to cover. I think ten is too much. I think by rule is still the applies, which is you give too much credit to Week one South Carolina. Look back, Kentucky was up thirty one nothn after a quarter in five minutes. I think Kentucky wins the game, but I think South Carolina covers the two. I don't think see South Carolina get more than about ten points. In this so Ken Kentucky again in the twenties, I'll say yes, South Carolina looked pretty damn terrible offensively against Old Dominion. That new quarterback, he's got a long way to go and he's about to make his first SEC start. If Kentucky's offensive line can protect Vandergriff, I think they cover. So you don't think South Carolina can score two Tuddies, I don't think. I think it's unlikely. They looked pretty bad. They needed two turnovers in the red zone to even be in position to score against Old Dominion at home. Well, I hope I'm wrong. I hope we win by more than ten points.
Speaker 2: I would love to see the Kentucky Georgia game be hugely important half game day. I think that'd be great for the program. We're one of the there's a handful of schools that have never had game Day in Power five, but of the schools that I've had it, we're one of the ones that's been the longest for been since seven So I think it would be cool to have it. If you look at the season, this is the only time we would have a chance to have it this year, So I hope it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is always a swing game for these teams. You kind of at the end of the year, it could look what this game did and how successful your season was. Yeah, all right, what's next. We'll stay in the SEC with Arkansas going to Oklahoma State to see Mike Gundy.
Speaker 2: These teams, these states border and I don't think these teams have played in like eighty years.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's impressive something like that.
Speaker 2: It's been a long long time, Like it goes cause I think Oklahoma State was like in the Big eight or something and they were in the SWC. And I don't think these teams have played in forever. What'd you say?
Speaker 1: Spread was seven and a half and it's where in Stillwater?
Speaker 2: Give me Oklahoma State to cover. I don't think Arkansas is any good. They're saying this quarterback that got the new Matt Jones, not me, the other one. But they were playing like but so, I mean, I don't think I mean they did.
Speaker 1: They won seventy to nothing Blenn Arkansas Pine Bluff. Oh, I was gonna say that team, that's who it was.
Speaker 3: They got Bobby Petrino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Oklahoma State's good. Mike Gundy, he's fifty. He has a have you did you see his hair?
Speaker 1: It's incredible. I don't like the guy, but that is amazing. Did you see his hair?
Speaker 3: Not recently, but he has a perm don't look at it.
Speaker 1: He he has a perm like it. He has a Jerry curl. Look is using a lot more product these days. But no, I mean it's a perm like it is not a hair. He looks like he's in the Jackson five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I'd go with that that look.
Speaker 1: First of all, it looks like a tupey, but I don't think it is. You have to have a special level of bad hair to look like you're wearing a twopey when you're not. When did it get so curly? Even Dick hoops Wise thinks it's a tupez He's always had the waterfall, but this is like he's put the curtain the rollers in, got some curls. Tested that to him, like, look, I mean just look at that. Is that better or worse than the mullet? You think he went so far that after he got all that criticism for watching an he now only watches BT and he thought that was his showing. Do you think he like he just went in the up opposite direction. I think he's still watching a in To be honest, I mean, that is unbelievable. But even I'm going to Arkansas, I can't. I can't in good conscious after seeing the picture of this hair.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, I kind of like Oklahoma State in that tease. I might even take Utah out of it, just so that I don't have to worry about the number and just take Tennessee, Nebraska, Oklahoma State to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are all about seven and seven and a half, and just take the three of them to win. I feel actually that's gonna be a bet. I do make a seven point tease with those three teams, all right, one morning. Then we'll go there. All these spreads are so big. How about my goodness, you got any games? Pick me.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what here, I'll do this. Let's do the thing I like to do when we when we don't have a game. Billy, I'm gonna give me this second. I'm an pull up college football, and then you're gonna tell me when to stop. Okay, right, all right, ready, okay, go tell me when stop and stop? Uh Houston, Clemson, Appalachian State.
Speaker 1: I thought about bringing that one up just to get you to talk about Clemson. Clemson seventeen point give me Clemson.
Speaker 2: They're gonna even though I have blacked State's good, this is gonna be again too far in the other direction. Clemson's gonna use this as a chance to show that Dabbo. He's he's gonna this week, he's gonna be washed in the blood and he's gonna come out and they're gonna win by like twenty three.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take aap State. Okay, they always seem to play well in big games like this, and I really think Clemson. You think they're cooked. I mean, they'll have a decent year in that conference, but they're not old Clemson. Those days are long behind.
Speaker 4: Dabbo his speech after that game, where he was like, people gonna say what they gonna say, let them say it, but we got things to say and they might be saying it, But then what about what we say?
Speaker 1: You're like, what are you talking about? Have we talked about un here? How he isn't taking calls on his coaches show. Yeah, he stopped doing that because of Tyler from Spartanburg. What's pretty cowardly. It's a coach's college. That's the point of the show.
Speaker 2: You know how much of Mark Stoops's salary and I'm sure this strip of Dabbo and a lot of these playing, you know how much of it's paid by the radio show.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's a lot. How much it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I want to say, like, I don't know the exact figures, but let's say Stoops makes what does he make eight millions something like that. Let's say makes I would bat, I would beat.
Speaker 1: I don't know this for you. I think it's like a half million dollars of that for that radio I believe the media obligations there they take those series like otherwise I would do it, you know what I mean? Like, why would you gotta have a reason to get him to show up? If if they weren't paying them much, they just keep skipping it.
Speaker 3: Unt cal Couten do it half the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wouldn't use him as the example of what Dabo should do. Let me ask you is Dabo. Does Dabo take a transfer next year? I think he's too far into I'm not taking transfers. He's too committed to the A great terrible answer. Today they asked him about that, and he said something like, we've built a culture here, why would we change it. That's stupid to change the culture that we've had. That's that's again. It's like Blockbuster going, we have a culture of renting videos. We don't need the internet or I don't need the internet.
Speaker 1: What kind of culture do we have? A culture? People come in here and buy rent video tape. Yeah, it's shocking that someone wouldn't take a trans for but I believe he'll stick with this. Interesting.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the NFL National Football League. Uh, we're gonna do eight games. First of all, let's quickly, let's pick our super Bowl before we do these games. Who do you like making the Super bowls?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, haven't thought that far ahead yet? How about? Uh put the Chiefs in it? Because they're always in it and it seems like the NFC is like wide open. Yeah, so I was just thinking of maybe the destroy Lions. Dan Campbell, you act like that's a surprise pick. I think they're the favorites to make it.
Speaker 3: Like you're saying that historically the historically franchise, I.
Speaker 1: Will say the Eagles bounce back from a disappointing game. So Eagles Chiefs, I'm gonna go Chiefs, and yeah, I'll take the lines. I mean, I don't. I don't like any of the teams in the NFC. It feels like this it would be the year the Cowboys would find a way to get in when like nobody, when everybody's giving up on him. Finally, forty nine Ers are probably the favorite. That's the lame answer, since they just played and the losing team in the Super Bowl is never good. Just go through history, it's never They're never good the next year. So why I'm not breaking the car, Like, go back and look, losing team in the super Bowl. I think they've missed the playoffs something like twelve of the last fifteen years the losing team in.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl, and the Bills did fine in the nineties.
Speaker 1: That was not the last fifteen years. It was not.
Speaker 3: But I will take a Ravens Lions as my pick.
Speaker 1: I like that. I think the Ravens are I think the I mean, look, the FC has a lot of good teams. I mean, just take teams you think are good. I hate Am Rogers, but the Jets, the Dolphins and the Bills, the Bengals and the Ravens. You might even throw in the Browns, right, maybe the Texans, then the Chiefs. That's like seven teams. You wouldn't be shocked if they won the A.
Speaker 2: The Chargers could be good Chargers if hard Balls got a shot to be good and you know then even like the Steelers are never bad.
Speaker 1: Right, so they got rest. Jacksonville is going to be a lot better this year. So the FC has got a lot of teams. Did you say the Texans, because even though they were, they're definitely Yeah, I admit it being a Titans fan, but the Texans have really turned definitely. I mean who in that who in the AFC is bad? Patriots? That's probably the only team that you would look at and go that team is definitely gonna But there are people who think they're going to be good. I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't either. Maybe the Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Titans might be bad. I hope not. People on TV picking them as a wild card today, So they're not terrible. Yeah, well, we'll see a lot. I mean, if Will has a good year, then that'd be good. All right, what's our first game? Let's start with Thursday night. If you spread here got the Baltimore ra even's playing at Kansas City. He spread is, uh, Kansas City is a three point favorite. Randall Cobbs in our league, it's a big league Bam, Lissa Lang and Randall and Andy Buck out of what are they out of pocket? Is that their show? Or is that a different show? Is that a show? Are they on the show together? Listing and Randall Cobb Well, maybe that's why she I think that's it. Yeah, okay, out of pocket? What'd you say? Spread? Was three?
Speaker 2: I like the Chiefs uh, you know, used to be the home team won this game every year and then in the last few years it's kind of gone the other way. I think they're gonna want to go. Do we believe that Taylor Swift still dating Travis keil I saw the rumor going on contract, and I don't believe that. I don't believe there was a contract and it wouldn't be printed out like that on them word to get a print out like on a doss document.
Speaker 3: They just signed one hundred million dollar deal for their podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're the people that signed Travis Kelsey to one hundred million dollar deal on the podcast and then he and Taylor break up. We talked about this on the Morning Show while you were gone last week. But they got a hundred million dollar deal and we're just a few spots behind them in the charts. What's up with that?
Speaker 3: It's not lining up.
Speaker 1: Right now. We don't have a contract for next year one hundred million. Let's start there first of all, just throw it out there. You could have us for of that. What are you thinking we'll sign for just Jason Kelsey's cut of their podcast too. I really like Jason Kelsey by the way. It's hard not to.
Speaker 2: I mean I like Travis too, but I think Jason seems not just like fun. I think he's smart. Like when you listen to hims talk, you don't think he's smart.
Speaker 3: Billy, he lost his Super Bowl ring in a swimming pool of chili.
Speaker 1: Just out having fun. Though, you can be smart and have fun and a chili cook off. That's just bros being bros, Is that right? Yeah? You don't. You don't understand. How was your bachelor party?
Speaker 3: By the way, it was fine. I mean it was the twin brother of the guy that left me at the club at four in the morning in Charleston.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about Billy's friends, do you? I mean, I mean, nope, we won't tell them. Do your friends suck?
Speaker 3: I mean I get a smaller and smaller friend group every year.
Speaker 1: Oh you cut people out of your life.
Speaker 3: I mean it just naturally happens. Does that not happen to you?
Speaker 1: No? But I also like I've had the same eight or ten people.
Speaker 2: You could make a strong argument in the last decade I've added no close friends, Like Drew is probably the last really close friend that I've added, and that was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: That was too much. After that, close the door, He's enough. So you're like, you just how many close friends do you think you have?
Speaker 3: Probably like five or six?
Speaker 1: Not many? So what was it five years ago?
Speaker 3: Probably closer to ten, okay.
Speaker 1: Because they keep believing each other parties and you just those people. Did they make you mad or did they like?
Speaker 3: Oh, like, I'm just I'm somebody that reaches out and says how you're doing. But if you don't reach out to me and reciprocate, I feel like I take it personally sometimes like I'm the only one doing the work in this realm.
Speaker 1: How old are you again?
Speaker 3: Twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's an age. Where are the ones that you're breaking up with as friends? Are they getting married? Yes, yeah, that's what it is. Though they'll come back. They'll get bored of their wife. No, I'm not even kidding, Like, that's what happens. Starting about twenty five or twenty six, friends get married, they're in love, then they have to hang out with her friends, and then sometime in their thirties, they're like, I really don't like these people i'm around anymore.
Speaker 1: I can't do this anymore, So let's go back to the people I like. That that will happen.
Speaker 3: A lot of them have kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then once they're not pooping their pants, it's easier for them to text you. I mean, you're friends, but don't welcome the ones back that leave you fifty miles from the house.
Speaker 1: That guy sucks. I don't know who he is, but I think he is. He left you fifty miles from your house and knew he was doing it.
Speaker 3: He's also the same guy that one buddy in our friend group didn't invite them to be in the wedding. They invited him to the wedding, but to not be in the wedding, and they took that personally and never talked to him again.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you all have a very dysfunctional friendship. How do you know these people?
Speaker 3: High school?
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to move on from your house.
Speaker 3: I am thee It sounds like you do a lot of work.
Speaker 1: All right, what do we got? I don't think I picked there, But I'm also going with the Chiefs. All right, what's next? I don't I'm not ready to see Derek Henry in that Baltimore uniform. May be good, No, he's not. I think he is too. Billy, I agree with you. I think he's gonna have a good year. Friday Night on Peacock Live from Brazil, Green Bay versus Philly. Philly's a two and a half point favorite. So what do you think about the fact that the players are scared to leave their room?
Speaker 3: Oh? I didn't hear this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard to play the game if you can't leave you.
Speaker 2: First of all, I think a little bit of it is like it's a good example that people need to read like they just act like they're scared of like Brazil. I mean, my guess is these guys are not going to be going to like the City of God part of Brazil in the.
Speaker 1: NFL, I hope has pretty good security around them whatever they're doing. Yeah, well, I mean A J. Brown's like, I'm never leaving my room the whole time. It's like, come on, man, it's not It's not like they're gonna get kidnapped when they walk to the you know, Boca Dechau or whatever's that where they're going. Probably don't want to go there. In Brazil. I'd get some local if it were me. It's a Brazilian steakhouse. Yeah, oh, I know, but I've just that's more of a chain. You think you just go to steakhouse? Do you get KFC in Kentucky. It's kind of the same concept Fogo Day Show. So if I'm the Eagles, I'm kind of upset. I'm giving up a home game here, right because this is supposed to be their home game and they can't even leave their room. And and they can't even leave their.
Speaker 3: Room because they're silly and be afraid to leave your room in Brazil.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, like they should be trained for this. I think sometimes Americans think the whole rest of the world. I mean, we have the highest violence rate of any Western country. I don't know if Brazil's western, but it's it's not. But it's probably a little bit more dangerous than here, but not parts of it. I just I hate when.
Speaker 2: People are like, like, when I talk about going to New York, I'll have friends here in Kentucky be like, oh, just scared.
Speaker 1: It's like they're saying good bad to you forever. I mean, there's an olive guard across the street from where I'm staying, Like, no, I'm not scared. I'm gonna take the I hate this number. If it were three, I think i'd go Green Bay with how they finished the year, had that playoff run as a number seven seed. But two and a half is just begging me to bet on Philly, and I'm gonna do it. Yeah, I'll take the Eagle. Also, move on a Sunday, A game we care about, my Tennessee Titans at your Chicago Bears. Your Bears are four point favorite with their stupid new quarterback. This is actually this is a massive, massive game for the Bears.
Speaker 2: Like if you look at their schedule, they have to win this game because they have some hard parts of their schedule and at home against the Titans, who probably won't be that great. They've got to win. The pressure is on them. I saw a stat though, that has me worried. In the last fifteen games where a number one overall pick has started his first game against the spread, that team is ohen fifteen, Oh it's not good, oh and fifteen. The last fifteen times a number one overall pick has started at quarterback in their first game.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna you can trust your boy Caleb. Caleb's can break the curse. He's the one. The one doesn't happened sixteen times. Saw They're not a normal team that picks number one. It was a trade. They have the Panthers pick, so they're not. They were not the worst team last year.
Speaker 2: They won seven games and I think they lost five games on the last possession, and they've gotten better. Unlike most offenses with the number one overall pick, they have a lot of weapons. They went and got the guy, they got him weapons. They also had their number one pick where they picked a wide receiver. I think they win, but I am nervous because they need to win or the season could be over in the first week.
Speaker 1: I think they win the game, but the Titans cover the four. For anything, you just said rookie quarterbacks. I didn't know that stat, but usually a tough game, even being home Tennessee's defense. It's all right, But I think this will come down to a field goal either way, So I'll take Tennessee to cover, but I think the Bears will end up winning.
Speaker 2: Now, by the way, the counter to what I just said about stats is the Bears finished with the fourth best point differential in the preseas in the history of the NFL. This year, the three teams that did better than them won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, who cares about preseason Titans?
Speaker 1: We're great preseason team, undefeated, right dro maybe the best preseason team.
Speaker 2: They weren't just a minute, and I want just gonna say the Bears were not just They won like every game, like thirty four to three.
Speaker 1: I didn't keep up. Is it because they were playing the new guys a lot more than they would normally play it.
Speaker 2: For Tyler Bagent as their backup, it might actually be pretty good, might be a decent quarterback. And then they've they've got a lot of depth. I mean, they do have a lot of So two stats going diametrically opposed to each other in this game, one of them will end up looking at it. We'll see which one.
Speaker 1: What's next a couple of young quarterbacks in the Houston at Indie game, Little Anthony Richardson versus c J. Stroud. Houston is a three point road favorite at the Colts. I'm gonna take Houston.
Speaker 2: I don't like taking Rows first of all, the NFL home road doesn't matter as much, but I it'll be loud because it's their first game. Anthony Richardson coming back, But I think CJ. Stroud's for real. I think Houston's gonna be really good this year. I'll take Houston.
Speaker 1: Let me take Houston too. We just didn't see enough of Richardon to know what he can be. I think there's still a chance that he's not very good, Whereas Stroud was had a breakout rookie year. And I do not like how good the Texans got in the offseason. I think they start off looking good and cover against the Colts. Yep, all right, we're on the same page. What's next? New England at Cincinnati another game that I think is hugely important for one of the teams, the big game without Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know what the odds are, but I'm going to bet before tomorrow Bengals most wins in the NFL.
Speaker 1: And here's why.
Speaker 2: Not because I necessarily think they're the best team, but they have the third easiest schedule in football, and if you look at the other teams that have easy schedules, they're bad teams. But because they came in fourth last year, and because the AFEE North has the weird divisions where they play the easier teams, the Bengals have a really easy schedule. But you also can't lose to New England at home in our Survivor League. Spoiler alert, the Bengals are gonna be my pick this week. Uh So I'm gonna take the Beans. But do you know that the spread is eight points? Yes, it's a big spread. I don't care they're playing Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 1: I liked. I still like the Beings. What about running back Ramandre Stevenson, who I've never heard of, Not sure what's team he's on. Patriots. I'm just looking at the Patriots roster because as we were talking about it, I'm like, I can't really name many Patriots, and now that I'm looking at the roster, I don't understand. I also think they must think they're going to be really, really bad because they're not playing Drake Matty.
Speaker 3: Their old line's awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they've got to be like, we don't want to get him hurt. Do you have faith in Jared Mayo, who's that their coach taking over for Belichick? There's your answer. I honestly thought I might still play linebacker for him. I hate big spreads, but I'll take Cincinnati here too, mostly because behind you, this whole time we've been doing a show, they've been debating Jamar Chase getting paid and beingles this bingles that pushing me towards it.
Speaker 3: People forget you guys are really good at NFL picks last year?
Speaker 1: What were we?
Speaker 3: I don't have it in front of him, but Tony, no, I mean you were like four and one every week.
Speaker 1: We were really good last year because we know the least about it. We agreed a lot. We're agreeing a lot now. I mean, Tony, reality, like that just hit me.
Speaker 3: He like he's going to you ejected him from the game.
Speaker 1: Well, but I mean again, he's still a handsome guy. But look at him, Like when he got started, he was like a Kid as long as I've been on, Well, it's about to get canceled, right. I think it's canceled at the end of this year. I think they're finally getting rid of it. With all due respect to everyone on it, the few times I look up and it's on TV, I don't really know who Who are those people that are on there? I can say that every time.
Speaker 3: Well that's a deep V but.
Speaker 1: Still wearing the early two thousand. That's Monica mcnut. She's pretty good on on television. But I didn't know who that other guy was. All Right, what's up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Let's see. Let's go into the Sunday night game Rams at Lions rematch of the playoff game. Matthew Stafford heading back to Detroit again. The Lions are a three and a half point favorite. M part of me wants to pick the Rams as an upset. I was leaning that way. If you want to do it, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's take Rams like. Let's take Rams covering the three and a half. Stafford's going to bring his best stuff to think everyone's gonna bet on the Lions. Let's take the Rams. I like it. Are you worried that? Uh? Didn't Aaron Donald retire? They got the defense. Now he did retire. He did retire. Yeah, will have a big impact.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know who Pooka Nikola is? Of course that's the guy that matting on.
Speaker 1: The He went to you. He had a huge Like didn't he like break the record for yeah host the NFL. It's like a fifth or sixth round pick and was one of the best receivers in the league. I think he's Cooper cuts banged up though. I don't think he's playing week he's questionable. Yeah, playing week one. That's all right. We're still taking them to cover. To do me a favorite. Keep up with the injury reports. Please, if you're gonna, if you're gonna do the show, we we are here for information. Rob Haven's staff also questionable. Get the rooms. Who is that? Is he their accountant starting right tackle?
Speaker 3: Like you said account NFL?
Speaker 1: I like Rob haven staff, Like they're both questionable. Rob he protects that right side man. What they lose. Also, Danny Duckworth, someone else needs to be protect Aaron Rodgers playing for the Jets didn't go to season right PTI here just on the right. It just says Booger Booger's coming up, Booger McFarlane. He could be talking about the Jets and forty nine Ers are Monday Night game. Yeah, Rogers playing a little bit of his didn' he grow up a forty nine Ers fan. I think he usually doesn't play very well against them. Forty nine Ers are a four and a half point favorite with Rogers going where is the game? San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Rogers is gonna be scared of San Francisco. He's gonna have watched Fox News and they're gonna say the homeless have taken over San Francisco, and he's gonna start ranting about tech billionaires. He's gonna say that he gets COVID if he walks into the the city of San Francisco and Aaron Rodgers don't work. So I'm taking San Francisco to cover the four and a half because Aaron Rodgers is going to be scared. I think Aaron Rodgers makes twice as many plays as he did last year. He plays six plays in this game before he gets hurt, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like the Eagles. I'm worried about Aaron Rodgers leaving his room for this one. I'll take the Jets to cover He'll be like, Oh, there's zombies walking the streets of San Francisco. I'll take the Jets to cover uh. For no other reason than I'm just gonna believe in Aaron Rodgers after last season went crazy. I know he's getting old. That's a tough injury to come back from, but I think he's got one more run in him, throwing to Garrett Wilson and everybody. So I'll have him keeping it close here in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Their coach like, if he doesn't, if they don't succeed this year, did they blame Aaron Rodgers or do they blame that coach?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Roberts to Robert, I love Tony Meola. I had his jersey. Oh yeah, huge Tony Mila fan we used in the backyard pretend we were different athletes, and I've been the goal and pretend to be Tony. Do you know who?
Speaker 2: When we were kids, the only soccer players anyone knew in America was Pele and Tony Meola.
Speaker 1: And Alexi Lallace and Alexi Lawless. But Miola was even before Alexi Lawas. Miola was like when they finally told kids they needed to play a yso soccer Tony Miola was he our goalie? Yeah, so American? He was an American, of course. I mean we didn't act like there were players for the rest of the world. It was only America, and every kid knew Tony Meola, and then Alexi Lawless after that, another guy who's scared of COVID and like his cre gone away. He's Tony Miola was the first athlete with a ponytail that I really admire. Kobe Jones. He was if we're listing soccer players, I knew first. Kobe Jones is third after Alexi Lawis and Tony Miola.
Speaker 2: Kobe Jones, what was that? I feel like there were three guys on that team that were kind of the guys. It was Ilala's Kobe Jones.
Speaker 1: What was the other one? This was when we d no, he's a little later. He might have been on the team we hosted the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Bring Up Billy, the nineteen ninety four American World Cup team. Okay, because we hosted the World Cup, so they let us play in it for like the first time in forty years.
Speaker 1: We had awesome uniforms and all they were great.
Speaker 2: They were like they were the kind of things people wear in the lake in the summer with their Trump flag. No, that's what they looked like, did they? They were like Gaudie.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking of Eric Ronaldo, Eric Ganalda, Yes, Eric Wanaldo was one of them. Looking at the roster here, Raina was on there, Raina was on there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ernie Stewart.
Speaker 1: I don't remember Ernie Steward. He was a black guy. Yes, I remember Ernie Stewart.
Speaker 3: Claudio Raina, that's what he just said. Yeah, oh yeah, Michael Sober, Kobe Jones, tab Ramos.
Speaker 1: Tab Ramos, that's another name I remember, Yes.
Speaker 3: You Goo Perez, John Harks, Roy Wergley.
Speaker 1: I can't No, that's Joe Max Moore. Jim was a guy named Joe Max.
Speaker 3: Joe Max Moore.
Speaker 1: Should have been more popular. Well, how did we get on this Jets forty nine? Oh? The Jets coach Robert Stivers. I think this is a cue for us to go ahead connected. I think the Monday Night Games on woman disagreed on. So we'll get all the picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, so do one more, just so it's an even number. Pick another one. How about let's do Raiders chargers, because that's gonna be U. That's the Tony Roman No, no Cowboys, Browns. It's Tom Brady's first game.
Speaker 1: Browns are two and a half point favorite games in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Tom can't criticize the refs. What did you see the stuff about Tom Brady not be able to criticize the refs?
Speaker 1: What do you mean he can't criticize.
Speaker 3: Because he is trying to become an owner of the Raiders. He cannot criticize the officials.
Speaker 1: Where'd you hear that?
Speaker 3: It was on ESPN? Your colleague, what's the former safety's name? Clark? Ryan Clark talked about.
Speaker 1: Brian Clark said he's not allowed to criticize.
Speaker 3: The integrity of Tom Brady as being his question.
Speaker 1: No, well, I did read that because he is a part owner of the Raiders, he can't. Yeah, he's not allowed to sit in with the coaches, correct and stuff before the game, right, isn't that the rule? Like he's not allowed to do the pre the pre meeting. That would make sense there. Billy's not wrong. There was something about criticizing refs. That's also he's really not allowed to criticize the ref during the broadcast.
Speaker 3: He will not be able to criticize refs and then, like you said, he can't be in the pre production meetings with Fox.
Speaker 2: Let me see this, because that would seem to be like, how can he do his job if he can't criticize the refs?
Speaker 1: The title of this is can Tom Brady do his job? I think that's what people are asking. Yeah, so they snuffle announcing wrote Tom Brady's Raiders ownership means he can't do his job. It's talking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So NFL places restrictions. Let's see here, h Brady is not permitted to attend in person or online broadcast meetings. He must also abide by the Leak Constitution and by laws that prohibit public criticism of officials. Uh and other clubs.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think it's even the other teams is harder. What if they have a terrible play and he's the analyst and he can't be like, well that was terrible, Like you can't let him do that? How is he gonna not criticize the refs? So does that mean when they make a bad call he just has to go that's a great call. Yeah, he's in the analyst seat. That's they're supposed to be doing. That that's actually infuriating. Yeah, why do people want him so much? Is he interesting?
Speaker 3: I mean he knows the game, so he'll be able to talk about it people.
Speaker 1: I hope he and Romo don't get into contest where they're just trying to name plays before this snaw. Now, Greg Olsen was really good, wasn't he? Yes? Oh, very good? So why would they put him to the side.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think about the best announcers, who do you think are the best announcers? John Madden out well, I mean he's a color announcers John Madden, Greg Olsen, Chris collins.
Speaker 1: Worthman, I don't think's great. He's fine, But if you look at the guys that are best, they're all good players, but they weren't like people didn't you know superstar? Well they were, they were really good, but they weren't like the marquee people.
Speaker 2: Right. So, Olsen, collins Worth and Madden I think are all Hall of famers as a player, but they weren't the best. Why do they think you have to get the best guy to be the announcer? Those are not the same skill sets.
Speaker 1: They paid him a lot of money before he'd even attempted it.
Speaker 3: So do you think anybody would tune in to listen to Tom?
Speaker 1: I mean they'll do it for like one game and then they'll eventually he's gonna have to be good. He's gonna have to be good. I mean, who would you watch more calling games? Charles Barkley or Michael Jordan Arles Barkley. Charles Barkley because he's better. Are you gonna watch Charles Barkley? You're gonna watch Lebron James Barkley Barkley. So why not have Greg Olsen instead of Tom Brady? I just think this is really weird that he can't even criticize the other team. Also, but what's he allowed to say? You know, only just say and we'll go to Mike Pereira.
Speaker 3: That'll tell us what he thinks.
Speaker 1: Mike Preira is getting a big boost. What do you think about that play? Well, I can't comment on either team's performance or the officials call back to you.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be the worst, that's a first of all. Also, I guess he doesn't want to do it, but wouldn't the obvious, I mean, Peyton Manning.
Speaker 3: Would be he'd be well that he does the simulcast, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's good. But he would be the best at it, right. Oh yeah, they're great on that, but they also have that set up the only to a few years. They're on their own time and schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peyton, I think I read Peyton Manning. We think we may have talked about this on this show.
Speaker 1: We did on something. He does it like it is buddy's garage. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: He convinced his buddy to let him use his garage to set up the studio because he didn't want it in his house. Do you random people around?
Speaker 2: It feels like that that kind of thing I could convince Ryan to do. Right, I want to do a TV show, don't really want to put it in my house. Give me just put it in yours pool and he'd go, all right, that's what Peyton Manning did.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's using his cell phone like you did for the ESPN Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If people only knew how little production value you can have and go on ESPN. So that's how technology has changed. It is. Well, first of all, that was very informative.
Speaker 3: You guys got to pick boys or browns.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we just franded. I'm taking the Cowboys. They're two and a half point favorite or dog. Uh, either way, I'm taking them. I'll take that. Then definitely give me the Cowboys. That's my uh nfl uh two star lock. We'll agree on that one too, now that they got CD some money. Yeah, I like the con Remember I remember what the Cowboys is.
Speaker 2: While they stink in the playoffs, they've won like twelve, twelve, twelve and twelve games in a row. Like I think they've won twelve the last four years in the regular.
Speaker 1: Season and then they stink in the playoffs. But this is a regular season game, yep. So I'll take the Cowboys. Billy, get rid of your friends.
Speaker 3: I'll work on it.
Speaker 2: And Drew, thank you very much. We will see you guys next week. Tell your friends about it. Do me a favor if you haven't yet. I know a lot of you did it after the last time I asked. Go on Apple, Spotify, Hulu, all of the places you can get podcasts, Netflix, and like the podcast, subscribe, but also give it a rating and maybe like a little review. Say this podcast is yubb a dubble GOODTI informat. We're trying to get up to Kelsey level of podcasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I want one hundred.
Speaker 3: Million for fifty the Andy Buckley of podcasts.
Speaker 1: It would like to be the Andy Buckley of podcast Thank you all seeing it her held out on the sas to her head, her head,