Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it. We made it.
Speaker 3: Here San Francisco, and the shadows of Oracle Park were right by McCovey Cove named after Willie McCovey, as Fritzi likes to point out to me wearing his Giants spear. They got that name. Yeah, no kidding, they to Willie McCovey. Yeah, We've got a statue right over my shoulder here. If you're watching on Peacock or the NBC Sports Network, I want to thank the Giants. They gave us the opportunity to broadcast here at the China Basin Park. We'll talk to the CEO and President of the Giants, Larry Bear a little bit later on The Insiders, Albert Breer on a lot of things on the plate to the Commissioner as he meets with the media later today. Albert will join us the Monday Morning Quarterback a little bit later on. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Benedi America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. First Hour, brought to you by the folks who brought out the gear for the big German Penske truck rental. They can help help you get to the right place and do so with reliable, fuel effishient vehicles when you need it. Most game ground with Penske pull question, Play of the day, stat of the day. I know it's a Monday, but it's a meat Monday. Dylan is whipping up bacon wrap, scallops, wagu steak and eggs, and we'll also have loaded baked potatoes.
Speaker 2: Who has it.
Speaker 3: Better than we do?
Speaker 2: No body.
Speaker 3: I want to thank our audience here the condition Johan is here. They lined up early and including Buddha from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Buddha there he is.
Speaker 3: We actually went to dinner with Buddha as soon as I landed on Saturday. The big German picked me up. And Buddha runs a restaurant and it's about twenty twenty five miles twenty five minutes from the airport. Great, great time. We had a wonderful time there, sat and got to learn why we would never want to be in the restaurant business. But Buddha from San Francis go a great host on Saturday night. All right, we'll get phone calls. It is a Monday. Best and worst of the week on what you saw that you liked you didn't like eight seven seven three DP show. The commissioner is going to meet with the media, and we started and we talked about this last week, like what is the overriding question or questions for the commissioner with this upcoming season or maybe looking back on this past season, and some of the big questions will be the media rights. The league has already said that they will exercise and opt out after the twenty twenty nine season, which means it's going to be kind of back to square one your TV partners. There's gonna be an eighteen game schedule at some point. Robert Krafft, the Patriots owner, recently said every team will go to eighteen regular season games and two preseason games. International growth, that's a really, really big one. I think the Saints and Browns reportedly will play in Paris next week. Paris. We apologize. You have the Bear situation that they're gonna move out of the third biggest US market and then maybe go to Indiana as they want a new stadium Dome. Stadiums are really a big issue Chicago, and if they're going to build an indoor facility or one that can play indoor and outdoors Tennessee, Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City, Denver. Buffalo is gonna stay open air or at leads the possibility of maybe closing it. I guess bad Bunny who had a big night last night. He will probably be a topic of conversation the halftime show as well. You got the situation with the New York Football Giants, and it doesn't have anything to do with football. It has to do with their co owner, Steve Tish, part of the newly released Epstein Files. Who's not in the Epstein Files? Wow, Todd, are you in the Epstein Files?
Speaker 2: I hope I'm not.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, So the commissioner is going to meet with the media and and that'll be an interesting question when you ask about Steve Tish, the co owner of the Giants.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, if.
Speaker 4: You're the commissioner, you're begging to be asked questions about the eighteen game schedule, International play the turf.
Speaker 2: He'll do twenty minutes on turf if you could avoid the other game. I've been rethinking.
Speaker 3: Concussions, Yeah, bring back Okay, anything but this. I'll talk about steroids, concussions and what do you think about the Giants owner and the Epstein files.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, it feels like we're so far down the road towards eighteen games it would be almost like, why not just pull the band aid and say it's coming.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you want to have leverage here. You're negotiating the players association, the players. You know, what are we getting out of this? And I mean, how long ago did I bring this up that they were going to eighteen Probably I don't know, four years ago, and they are headed by the way, I did give you a heads up that when Tom Brady was slobbering all over Clint Kobiac in the NFC title game talking about his guy, and I go, Tom's gonna hire Clint Kubiak, the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks, to take over for the Raiders, and lo and behold, that's what's going on. I don't think he mentioned Mike Lafleur, who was the offensive coordinator for the Rams in that game, but he did mention his guy, Clint Kubiak quite a few times. And then it turns out Mike Lafleur is gonna get the Arizona job. Clint, Yeah, Kubiak? Yeah? Is that how Tom is going to pronounce it. Yeah, Clint Kubiak, that's an LA thing, isn't.
Speaker 5: It is a California California. I might adopt it for the week now, San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I don't think I heard anybody in San Francisco the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Speak like that. That's an LA then.
Speaker 5: But this is Tom's neck of the woods, though Morris he.
Speaker 3: Did grow up in a Niners fin Yeah, but the Kardashians started that where they at the very end they.
Speaker 6: Have a little hinto Paris Hilton situation.
Speaker 4: Paris Okay, Yeah, Paul the old vocal Fry if you remember that was mastered with that skit called the Californians on SNL.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was really big. Todd is here, Seaton's here, Marv, PAULI the back room guys, and I want to thank the big german. He did a wonderful job. This a beautiful set that we have. Uh, we've already got secondhand smoke a little wake and bake. It was like five thirty in the morning, and I go, really, there's a jogging path right by Fritzy and Fritzie complained, oh yesterday about getting secondhand smoke, especially when.
Speaker 2: You' jogging and smoking with at the same time to one the other.
Speaker 5: I think there's like a breeze coming from the Southwest that's going right through our audience and up onto the stage.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah, out there, yeah. Poll question for the first hour the program is going to be one Seaton.
Speaker 5: Well, we might as well just start with the t O Dub. He's got a couple for you, okay, as he likes like on Monday Fritzy.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Would you rather.
Speaker 3: Have I'm trying to read are you stalling for time?
Speaker 2: Thing went up on my school?
Speaker 7: Would you rather have these Pro Bowl games? Like flag football or nothing? I'm fine with the games at least it's something don't waste our time. Pro Bowl games is not a thing.
Speaker 3: Well, when Joe Flacco made the Pro Bowl and I went, wait a minute, they're just trying. It's like seat fillers. You're like, does anybody want to play in this? And the answer is probably not. You want to be able to go or maybe get the credit for it. But Joe Flacco, so the Cleveland Browns can say we have we had two Pro Bowl quarterbacks with Joe Flack. Did Dylan Gabriel. Is he an alternate here? Yeah, Paula, Well, it's really a thing. Like you said last week, Dan, you are now a pro bowler.
Speaker 4: On your official resume as the NFL, Joe Flacco goes down as making the Pro Bowl not the Pro Bowl games. They have not issued a differentiation on that.
Speaker 3: They have to do that. I got to get Albert Breer and Diana Russini on that. We got to change it. Okay, what else do you have? Time?
Speaker 7: When hockey goalies fight, as what happened in the Bruins lightning again when they met that center ice, I rejoice, shake my head.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought it was fine. I thought it was fine. But then you text me and you go goalie Cow.
Speaker 2: Goalie Cow always had nothing to do with him. They met, it set their.
Speaker 3: Ice for something. I know everything has to have like a headline to you.
Speaker 2: It does, it does, but I thought that was kind of goalie Cow.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else do you have?
Speaker 2: And the other one was the Son's.
Speaker 7: Dylan Brooks called Lebron the NBA's most overrated player because he genuinely believes that he desperately needs attention.
Speaker 3: He desperately needs attention. I mean he could be overrated because no, he's overcovered. There's a big difference in that. Yeah, he's overcovered by the way, Kawhi Leonard should have been on the All Star Team instead of Lebron. If you look at the number, now I know this is Hey, Now, I hope it's Lebron last year if they're gonna give him this spot. But the Clippers are hosting the All Star Game without any All Stars, and who's played more games than Lebron this year and has better numbers this year should have been named to the All Star Team.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Kawhi averaged twenty seven and a half six rebounds, four assists. Lebron is closer to twenty two and a half six and six. But the most Clippers thing ever is not having someone in the All Star Game hosting the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: But that'll shock you.
Speaker 3: You know, you can win some money if you say who's played more games Lebron or Kawhi this year? Kawhi has played really well, And I sound surprised when I'm saying he's played really well. I'm surprised when I say he's played a lot often. He's played often. That's the surprise yere Kawhi is the first ball in Hall of Famer. It's just we're always surprised when he plays, not what he does when he plays, but any other poll questions that have seating for the first hour.
Speaker 5: It's kind of going over what San Francisco is known for. We were talking about food that San Francisco is known for, all right, Uh, there are a couple of things that appears have been invented here too.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 3: I was always told Chouda like their they're seafood stew and we had some the other night. Uh, very good, But I think they're known for that.
Speaker 5: It'd be weird if they said it like that too. Yeah, they don't like like in San Francisco. They say it like they're from Boston. That'd be very strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like they're ben affleck. Yeah, yeah, wicked cocked. Yeah, I want to get some chowder. What San Francisco? I think the ice cream sandwich I know that Apparently I was just looking up ice cream sandwiches are very famous in San Francisco?
Speaker 5: Is there am I hearing this?
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Is there an ice cream sandwich tour about to happen this week? This week today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean today there might be ice cream sandwich of the day.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like that, Yes, Paul, I have a couple of things that were invented. Sourdough bread is big here. I actually saw a sourdough bread pizza place.
Speaker 2: Whenever.
Speaker 4: I can't be invented here, we don't know. I'm still looking into it. Here's one chiappino. Everyone knows that's like a seafood Italian dish, chiappino.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: It's a hardy seafood stew.
Speaker 4: It was born in the Italian American community in North Beach, the neighborhood in San Francisco in the late eighteen hundreds. That's the only thing I could find that's semi invented here.
Speaker 5: They say, forget about it.
Speaker 2: Forget about it out here.
Speaker 3: San Francisco doesn't have that accent.
Speaker 9: Now I know.
Speaker 5: It's the only one I could do. Though, that feels Californian.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are there valley girls in San Francisco? That's fascinating. Maybe they are. Yeah, what about their giants? This is a super Bowl?
Speaker 8: Why do you hang it up about the baseball stead?
Speaker 2: I don't shouldn't it be by a football.
Speaker 5: I think Irish coffee invented in San Francisco, not Ireland. I mean, that's a that's a great shout out to the Irish community here for something.
Speaker 3: Then the Irish they invented it, and then somebody brought it over here. I don't know, how do you invet Irish coffee over here?
Speaker 5: How do you have Irish coffee in Ireland? It's just coffee, right, but it's Irish coffee. Yeah, that's the only way you drink it there.
Speaker 4: Yes, could this town or city be known for wine because of the entire area.
Speaker 3: It's in h it's Napa and Sonoma.
Speaker 2: You don't count that.
Speaker 4: It feels like it's a huge wine city in region obviously the region.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'll give them a little bit. You're on the periphery, your grandfather in Yeah, I gotta give Napa something and Sonoma absolutely all right. So we got to settle on a poll question here today, and I got some weird prop bets here, some weird ones. I'll give you just a couple. How about what will be the largest lead in Super Bowl sixty the over under largest lead on Sunday, Marvin.
Speaker 2: Thirteen and a half Todd nine and a half, Seaton six and a half, Paul, I'm also going nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Fourteen and a half, Marvin, I'm gonna give you a bloop on that fourteen and a half. Let's see, Uh, how many players will attempt to pass on Sunday over under two and a half.
Speaker 5: That was gonna be my guess, two and a half, two and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some little guy, you know, Peter Dinklage comes out and throws a pass that that's the half two and a half too soon. I was just watching a movie, The roof Man with Channing Tatum and Peter Dinklage is in it.
Speaker 2: He's great, great, He's like the manager of a Toys rs Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, So Channing Tatum is he escaped from prison and he's living in a Toys r US and Peter dinkliche runs the Toys are Up based on a true story.
Speaker 2: By the way, Peter.
Speaker 4: Dinklich actually worked at the Toys r Up. He's avery awesome.
Speaker 3: Channing Tatum is that he's portraying this guy who was still in prison. Uh, he escaped a couple of times and he's going back till twenty thirty six.
Speaker 4: Yes, maum, nobody breaks down the super Bowl like you're right.
Speaker 2: Send that to them people.
Speaker 3: He got plenty of time.
Speaker 5: God hasn't mentioned rice A Roney, which is crazy that that hasn't hit.
Speaker 7: I do have a rhyme time at some point this week. Whenever we have to do that, we wait till Friday.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want Saturday, Let's build it up.
Speaker 3: Let's build it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll build it up. Okay.
Speaker 3: I remember having I was at the mother Ship and I forget if it was a poster and it was Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott and it was called rice A Ronnie.
Speaker 2: Remember, remember solid Yeah, I wish I would have came up with that. I remember being very upset.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a break. We're just getting started here. Beautiful morning temperatures. We can deal with this. You know, we got mid forties. We're good going up to sixty, yes, Martin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, better than the five degrees we left in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: I know. I know. Once again, nobody wants to hear your complaining if you're at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh I didn't.
Speaker 8: I was just saying better.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying sounded like you might have complained a little bit.
Speaker 8: Oh we got all week for that.
Speaker 7: Yes, Tim, get up in the note of night and it's dark and chili, but we'll get not to complain, Todd.
Speaker 2: But it's pitch black outside.
Speaker 3: I know, Todd goes, can somebody like get me to the set and I go just walk.
Speaker 7: I have a terrible senten to exert. It happened at least twice. I went the wrong way and I'm walking like. I feel like I'm further from the Oracle Park.
Speaker 3: It's three blocks, Todd.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter if I don't have a GPS thing in front of me. I just spin me around and I'm lost.
Speaker 3: Todd did ask me last night. He said, Hey, would it be a big deal if you said call me the Minister of Humor to remind people that I used to do stand up But I said, I'd be happy to do that back in the day. Yes, but you don't do it anymore.
Speaker 7: I also sent you a text that you did not respond to. It, only to you which I had heard feelings you remember a few days ago I was driving home and I did one.
Speaker 2: I was little voice text message about Huey.
Speaker 7: Lewis in the news, and I'm assuming you are no response unless something was going on with my phone and it didn't get to you. I'll check I had something to do with because Huey Lewis and the News come from San Francisco and they had that album sports. Maybe I would sing a couple of bars from some different sey leasis.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 5: I really like how Todd's playing to a large audience with that one. You and Dan no exactly what's having there?
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a.
Speaker 5: Rumor of Todd doing stand up with Dylan while he was here?
Speaker 3: Dylan, I think is gonna do stand up? Todd said that he would think about it, which means he's not gonna do Okay, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna keep my attempts at humor here during the course schedules.
Speaker 3: How's that going? But you would like to be known as the Minister of humor.
Speaker 2: That doesn't do stand up conce Okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we're just Eddie Murphy. We're just kind of like, remember what he's so funny? Like, why does he do that all the time? You're so funny, you are, Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 8: I'll take that.
Speaker 6: That's a huge compliment.
Speaker 2: Is all right?
Speaker 3: Let's take a break here. We're back after this San Francisco Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 8: Steve Gott's Here.
Speaker 10: I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my wife wanted to kick me out of the house. It's called Stu Gotson Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 11: Calls, I love you guys a show. It's one of my favorite.
Speaker 10: A lot of interact shit, guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gottson Company and stew Gottson Company Live. So listen to Stu Gotson Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it.
Speaker 3: You do it today and you can.
Speaker 10: Check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: It is a meat Monday here every day, courtesy of Heartland Steak Company. We are going to have a meat morning. It's bacon wraps, scallops, Wagoo steak and eggs and loaded baked potatoes. Who has it better than we do? By the way, we want to thank z Cliner. They got a chair for us. It's heated. That's Emilio. He is a Cowboys fan, so he won the drawing. He gets to sit in the warmth the comfort of a z Cliner. And finally, as PAULI said, the Cowboys are a winner.
Speaker 2: Jared Jones, I do an interview on this.
Speaker 3: He'd like to talk about Emilio winning an opportunity to sit in the z Cliner. Okay, let's come up with a poll question. It is a Monday, best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked it didn't like? We'll get to some phone calls. So what are we gonna go with Seaton first down?
Speaker 5: Well, as only we can we cover the Super Bowl the way we do it. The best musical act from San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Oh damn. So this is gonna be tough to populate, but I kind of have it narrowed down right now to the Grateful Dead Metallica Santana, and then we need one more.
Speaker 6: We have room for other. It'd be Journey.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Journey could be now.
Speaker 5: Then it also gets into are we doing San Francisco or the Bay Area?
Speaker 6: Do we get over to Oakland?
Speaker 11: Do we?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Probably not? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, then you got to bring in Green Day, and you know I love Green Day. Stay your lane, yeah, stay Inland. Yes, I think we have.
Speaker 4: To do the entire a Bay area because the game is not in San Francisco, it's in Santa Clara, So I think we should be more inclusionary.
Speaker 3: All inclusionary. All right, then how do we populate.
Speaker 5: This that opens up? Say like two short very important rapper from the area. You have, Janis Joplin. You have I want to say, is the Steve Miller band from this area?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Slying the family stone line?
Speaker 5: The family stone is a huge, one, huge one.
Speaker 2: Huey Lewis. I was waiting for that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what were you gonna do with Huey law I thought, I just checked my nothing, my phone, I don't have anything from you.
Speaker 7: I was gonna at some point maybe sing a couple of bars of different to Huey Lewis songs.
Speaker 2: But you know that could be at a later day.
Speaker 3: You know, I always say, run it by Paul? Did you run it by Paul?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 7: I just I thought of it, and I'm driving home and I did, like one of those text messages to you, I said, if that's something we want to have fun with, it wasn't like a whole big production like this thing, a couple of bars of a Huey Lewis song.
Speaker 3: The only thing I have from you is something from about Jared Stidham.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course it is City City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't that's all. I don't have anything from you.
Speaker 2: Then maybe there's a phone problem in my end.
Speaker 4: Who else Paul is Jefferson Airplane. Yeah that's pretty big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jefferson Starship, Jefferson Airplane.
Speaker 5: I keep seeing Tupac listed. I don't think people associate him with this area necessarily.
Speaker 3: I thought he was Oakland and there wasn't his mom.
Speaker 8: They lived here for a while, But I would consider him.
Speaker 6: Like a Bay Area.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think I think Grateful Den Metallica, Santana, for sure. We could throw a journey in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little loving, touching, squeezing. Steve Perry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul Creedon's Clearwater revival from El Crito, California.
Speaker 2: I don't know how close that is.
Speaker 3: Well, friend of the show, John Fogerty, Yes.
Speaker 8: Yes, no, I'm sorry. See he was doing some bay linga oh it was yeah, he said, hella, hella, clothes, Hella. Does you know what top? I think is from the air Tower of Power?
Speaker 5: Maybe not maybe not on the Mount Rushmore it is, but certainly worthy of mention.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, one of Marvin's favorite bands to make fun of his third Eye Blind when he does his ninety singers.
Speaker 8: That song is not for kids.
Speaker 2: It was gone.
Speaker 5: I was taking tips of it through my nose. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It sounds up eating? It does sound really.
Speaker 8: Thirteen yd Marvel was singing that with this and then I bumped again. Then what's the bum?
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: Counting Crows Berkeley, California around here bangers in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeter like running too, Adam Durich. So there's a documentary on the Counting Crows out. I just watched that and uh right.
Speaker 2: I see a documentary on his personal life. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, no, it does deal with his personal life. It does deal with depression and uh what he was going through. And it's weird when he's talking about this, but then he's also talking about dating Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston. May I be.
Speaker 2: Depressed the prozac and Jennifer.
Speaker 3: A bag of it? Yeah, but yeah I did. I did watch the documentary. Also, when you're on the plane and it's six hours out here, you'll watch anything that will get you just through another hour. Yeah, and uh, did anybody watch anything random coming out here?
Speaker 5: I watched the John Candy documentary.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was really good.
Speaker 3: Ryan Reynolds produced that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was one of the producers on that. It was. It was really good.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: It makes you like remember, like God, I missed that guy. He's the best. John Candy was so awesome. Ye, this will make you love him even more. And I finally watched that Jeremy Allen White movie with about Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 3: How do you think it sounded todd?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Than you watch it?
Speaker 7: Okay, something to drink, Something to drink, Something to drink?
Speaker 9: Todd?
Speaker 3: Was it drove rubbish waist no, no, no, Todd. So I see Todd and he starts talking about Okay. First of all, he was, you know, if you're old enough to remember, you put like a seventy eight record on instead of thirty three and a third. Todd is on a seventy eight. It is. He's so fast telling me this story about getting on the plane, and he thinks because there's open space in first class, that he should be able to put his bag in first Ever there's.
Speaker 2: That open space, I didn't even think about first class.
Speaker 7: Bourgeoisie Proctariot wrote three Wroteariot. They made an announcement it's a very full flight, so wherever you can find room for your over head baggage, please do that.
Speaker 2: And granted I didn't get to the curtain yet, that separates me.
Speaker 5: Yes, welcome to the party, comrade.
Speaker 2: I saw a row three over three A and B. The whole thing was open, and I had my backpack and my suitcase.
Speaker 7: I don't know what's waiting for me down there by the time I get to Row twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Or whatever for me.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, they're telling me to put your bags, and all of a sudden, I'm walking down thee and I feel someone basically breathing over my shoulder as.
Speaker 2: A flight attendant found me all the way to my seat.
Speaker 7: Taps me on my shoulder to say, no, you can't put your bags in first class if you're sitting in coach.
Speaker 8: So she gave me little attitude.
Speaker 5: She gave you attitude you put your bag in first class.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought everyone was pretty much on the plane.
Speaker 7: I was when I was in group five of the last ones, like this must be opened. The people in the first class. I guess they don't need bags, They just buy stuff when they get there.
Speaker 3: But then Todd Todd gets upset because of do you feel bad about the flight attendant because they have to say the same thing over and over and over and over.
Speaker 7: Yes, because unless you have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder, I don't know how you can do that jumble to say the same thing five thousand.
Speaker 2: Sounds like someone we know. I say a lot of things, but I mix it up a little bit.
Speaker 7: But they have to keep saying something to drink, something to drink, something to drink, something to drink, something to drink, rubbish waste, rubbish, trash, coffee, tea, coffee, tea, water and taken.
Speaker 2: But rubbish is trash, Yes it is. It's another way to say.
Speaker 7: I've heard all the different terms, but they got to say it like to every row and like people, if you've been in the world and you've been on a plane, you know you know what they have to serve.
Speaker 2: Don't ask them what do you have as far as drinks?
Speaker 3: Still telling us how to put our seat belt on, Todd, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: They don't you. Aren't you insulted as a being?
Speaker 3: I think they have to do.
Speaker 2: It's like a protocol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe a liability as is that one person.
Speaker 2: It's not lockings. Can you come do it for me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So we don't see Todd when we get to town. He usually goes to the hotel takeout. We see him at rehearsal. He did seven minutes in the back room with this the other day and the entire flight thing, which it was like a stand upset.
Speaker 2: But off the top of it, I didn't realize.
Speaker 7: I was just explaining, you know, just something I experienced with the flights, and I don't know why that bothers me so much.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for the flight A test. They have to keep repeating themselves so many times.
Speaker 3: How about I get some phone calls here?
Speaker 2: You know why you should do that?
Speaker 3: But you can do the Huey Lewis and the news song. So happy to be stuck with good but no, I gotta know what the bid is? Like, what are you doing that?
Speaker 2: And still be and just I'll just throw that in every once in a while.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a long week. Gus in La, Hi, Gus, welcome back.
Speaker 11: Good morning. It's to Patrick. I hope you and the boys are doing well. I think you wanted to starting up well. I just got home after about an hour and a half ago. Long Grammy Knight, Boys, Long Grammy night. But we're starting off well.
Speaker 2: Wait, who did you see?
Speaker 11: Who'd I see?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 11: Pretty much everybody, pretty much everybody. Ironically, the only person I didn't see last night the big award winner of the night and the halftime performer himself. He's the only one I didn't see.
Speaker 3: Everybody everybody else but you were doing security.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Yeah, we had a big party, big party. Fox came came through, Bieber came through, Billie Eilish. It was a big night, big night, gonna get ready to do it again in the month for the Oscars.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, any trouble any any Did you have to act like a bodyguard last night?
Speaker 11: Unfortunately a couple of times I had to stop, stomped the time card in and yeah, I had to remind people that they you know, you know that they can't you know, just grab people. So I had to grab that.
Speaker 3: You're grabbing the people grabbing stars exactly. All right, give me your best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 11: This, ironically, out of one incident is the best and worth of the weekend for me, and that is Jirell Big Baby Miller. Best for all of us around the world that is able to laugh at this man, and the worst for him. Having his hair piece knocked off mid fight was the greatest thing I've seen you boy. Take care, have a great week.
Speaker 2: Thank you, gus. Be safe.
Speaker 3: I'm watching the highlight and all of a sudden it comes up like it's a garage door. It's like boom, and I went, oh my god, he knocked his hair piece off his two pay yeah.
Speaker 4: Paul, And you can't call time out in this situation. There's no timeouts in boxing. The ref doesn't stop it and the gentleman hitting him is not laughing. He's fighting, but he's fighting laughing simultaneously.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: Uh, he had a sense of humor about and he won by split decisions, so I think's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you see the video though, where it flops?
Speaker 2: Come on, that's the best.
Speaker 3: You can't wear a hair piece into the ring, like, who cares? Do you think it made him look younger? Like you know, I wanna I'm gonna put.
Speaker 2: A hair piece. It's an odd choice, yes, marmon.
Speaker 8: Why don't people just come home, like just take.
Speaker 2: It all over their home?
Speaker 3: Just ask Scottie Pippen. Not everybody looks good with their head shaved.
Speaker 8: Look, but you can't walk around with the Uncle Phil. Sorry, Fritzie.
Speaker 2: Charles Barkley would tell me, like Mary, you got to bring that on home.
Speaker 3: You're bald, But yeah, not everybody looks like you, Ma, but Fritzie's got a great I agree. I agree.
Speaker 5: That might be a new bet for Marv. But if he loses a bet, you gotta wear a hair piece.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, you just cut off the top of my head and I have to walk around with the Uncle Phil hair on the sides O the next.
Speaker 3: Bet you can do that, and you can do the San Diego Padre.
Speaker 8: So you just shave off the top of my head and I have to walk around the fulfilled. That's a really good idea.
Speaker 3: Chris and Syracuse, Good morning, Chris. What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 12: Thanks Danny. I have two worse in a comment. Worse hearing that starting next year in college football, schools will be able to put up to four sponsors advertisements on their jerseys. I wonder if they'll have a room four of the player's numbers. I guess if they don't, the rest could just say defensive holding on dude Wipes, that'll be a five yard penalty and an automatic first down. And my other works Jason Tatum saying that if he played for an organization like the Grizzlies, as opposed to legendary Celtics, that he would already have a statue of himself outside the Arena Memphis. That's Jason sure, not Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan just yet. And my dream scenario when Bill Belichick does get into the Hall of Fame, it happens along with Tom Brady. In twenty twenty eight attire gold jacket with blue hoodie underneath, and he pulls a Michael Jordan and turns his acceptance speech into a bully pulpit to settle old scores with you know, Bill Polly and Robert Craft and media, and maybe even fly into high school JV football coach that beat him out for a job forty years ago.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chris. I mentioned this last week when this controversy erupted and talking to a voter, and I said, why don't you think Belichick got voted in? And he said, all I can tell you is that spygate came up in the hour long discussion about Belichick. And he said one other thing that came up, and that is there were some voters. This according to my source who thought that Belichick might be going back to the NFL, there was always that possibility and that some people didn't vote for him. It came out eventually at the end of the week, I think or over the weekend. Pablo Torre had spoken to somebody as well. But my source told us early in the week last week about this that these were the reasons. Also, what was his record without Tom Brady, which I think is unfair to Belichick. Look, I don't know him. I met him one time and our conversation lasted I think one word and it might have been just a sound he was like, and then that was it. But you got to look at what they do, what their job is, and what your job is is a voter. This isn't about Oh he hurt my feelings. He didn't talk to me. So what you know, your job is to vote on who you think should be in the Hall of Fame, plain and simple, and some voters it feels like we're changing the rules. Hey, Belichick's going to get in. I want to vote for these guys. They may not get in. Your job is to You can't change the rules in the middle of the process there. But I don't think Belichick's going back to the NFL. That might have been an excuse. Also, has any other coach been judged by games they didn't win without their Hall of Fame quarterback? And the answer is, I know nobody did that to Bill Parson, Nobody did that go down the Jimmy Johnson. Nobody did that to these guys. But we're gonna do that to Belichick. That's unfair to him. If you don't want to vote for him, don't vote for him, but at least tell us why you didn't vote for him?
Speaker 7: Yes, ton, No, it says you know Noel or Landry, if you know mcgras or stopback. None of that ever comes up. No, they're a package deal. And you know people say that Phil Jackson I could have coached the Lakers and Bulls the titles. Anybody could have done that. It's silly.
Speaker 2: You got to give the coach a little respect, thank you, Todd Well, yes, both.
Speaker 4: And who is going to be a first ballot Hall of Fame coach going forward? Whose resume could be better or without question marks? It's like if you're looking at this like an actor, imagine there was a first ballot actor Hall of Fame and you said to Denzel Washington, well you had a couple of bombs earlier in your career, or remember that that movie that didn't work out in ninety three. Come on, man, you're you're creating stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, do we hold it against Andy Reid that he couldn't win a Super Bowl? You know with Donovan McNabb And the answer is no, we don't. We don't do that. You know, what is Shanahan's record or Dan Reeves record without John Elway. We didn't do that, and I think you know we're being unfair to Belichick in this situation. All right, we'll take a break. We'll get to more phone calls. Best and worst of the weekend up next, it's our play of the day.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out Charif Cooper at thirty seven last night for the Go Go cuts those left left elval stage twy wing outside the ark A J.
Speaker 2: Johnson for three, RIM's out three.
Speaker 7: Dout Cooper at Stones show rate toober this smallers four but the fuggest mom of the game one.
Speaker 2: One ten Cooper.
Speaker 3: The Wizards have won three of their last four. They moved out a last place.
Speaker 2: Let's go yeah Wizards.
Speaker 3: Oh come on that. That's courtesy of w jk FM. That is your play of the day. Play of the day brought to you by tire rack dot com for over forty years, giving you us the right tires for how and what and where we drive ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tirerac dot com the way tire buying should be. When I heard that, I couldn't help but think of the clash. Sharif, Sharif Cooper don't like it. Yeah, Sharif don't like it.
Speaker 2: Rock the kasma, rock the chasm.
Speaker 3: I never really understood that rocking thecasma. Well, Sharif don't like it, who's Sharif.
Speaker 2: It's a vowed question, thank.
Speaker 8: You, but Sariff doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is doesn't get against the chasma.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was cash bar for a while.
Speaker 2: Rock the cash bar, Yeah, yeah, that would make more sense.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 3: I did go to a wedding not too long ago where they had a cash bar at a wedding reception and he left. I didn't stay that long. I actually had somebody go out, a friend of mine, and he got a thirty pack for me, and so I was like, I'm not a cash bar. Come on, yes, Paul, when don't you be better.
Speaker 7: Of having no bar at all? Just like offered no drink, there's no food of drinks. We're gonna have this there running and then you can go to Pizzahud across the.
Speaker 3: Street and figure it out once again, secondhand Smoke at six, Smoke Don't Like Good, Yes Boy.
Speaker 4: And a two thousand and nine interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, the drummer for the band Topper Hedron, said he had almost no recollection of how the lyrics came about. He thinks they were watching like international news on TV and writing songs and it just kind of morphed together, and the rest of the band doesn't really know where.
Speaker 2: Sharif don't like it came from.
Speaker 3: Sharif abdu Rahim, he likes Yeah. All guests this week receive a gift bag courtesy of z Kliner, TCL, Penske, Panini, Miller, Lyte, Dude Wives, RK zero Proof, Alcohol in Heartland Steak Company, Greg and Michigan. Good morning Greg, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning Dan and dan ET's mister Positive Boomshaka Laca. We know that sports is a michaelcosm of culture. Do you think the Hall of Fame was being didactic in teaching America that cheating will no longer be tolerated and that like Belichick, like Barry Bonds, like Pete Rose, and it's it's teaching us a lesson to become better and that, you know, it's teaching our kids something that should not be taught. That it's all right to cheat. Everybody cheats, so let's let's you know, let's keep cheating. Winning is the most important thing. What type of lesson? Dan the man, mister positive in my wars in the world, want to know, what is it teaching us?
Speaker 3: I don't know if they have some altruistic motive. What do we got here? Oh, we got got a bicycle behind me.
Speaker 8: I think it's a rave going on back there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think that the voters got together and they can't agree on anything, that they're going to have some altruistic motive that we're going to teach America to uh not be you know, cheaters, to be bad. I mean, do I think that they have a problem with Belichick cheating?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But then you also hear as he going back to the NFL. Hey, what was his record without Tom Brady? Now we're really trying to find reasons to keep him out of the Hall of Fame. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's more on your parents to teach you those lessons too.
Speaker 6: Sports than sports try to just saying like.
Speaker 2: Mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Mom and Dad are like SHOWECHI I don't know what did the sports writers say? Oh, I guess it is. Huh. Why don't you listen to Peter King? Okay, but how did Peter King vote first ballot? Did you cheat on the test? Just do whatever you can to get ahead.
Speaker 6: Just do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin dick Chack wouldn't approve.
Speaker 3: No, he would not. Mike Lupika would not approve of this message. David in Ohio, Hi David, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Hey Dan?
Speaker 13: Happy ground home day? Six more weeks of Ryan Times for Todd. I got some Cowboys content here for you. Jackson, I don't know if you saw Jackson Smith and Jigba. He's got a Dallas Cowboys tattoo on his arm. With that being said, Jay said, really put the Cowboys super Bowl dreams on his arm? Just just a lot, because like every season, they only exist as ink and imagination.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay, big wind up there for David to deliver his Dallas Cowboy line.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Update the pull results Seaton from the first hour of the program.
Speaker 5: And controversial poll question. Gotta admit that people are arguing about this a lot. Uh, oh, best musical artist from the Bay Area. We have Journey, Grateful Dead, Santana, and Metallica. Too Short not being on the list is very controversial, very controversial. So I've taken I've put the pole question up and taken it down several times.
Speaker 3: Are you getting yelled at?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just I'm so undecided where I'm like, how do I who do I take off this list to put too Short on? But I don't know that you really can?
Speaker 3: Yes, Tod, do.
Speaker 2: You have to be a certain height to make this? Polly would too short not to be out there? No, you have a list of options that too short.
Speaker 3: He's making fun of it.
Speaker 2: That's okay, we're having fun back here. You must be this height the ride we're going on the carnival, right. Sorry.
Speaker 3: I saw there was a kid who put rocks in his shoes at Disney World to be able to go and ride the ride.
Speaker 5: Respect a long day walking.
Speaker 3: Albert Brier, the Monday Morning Quarterback, will join us coming up our two from San Francisco right after this