Speaker 1: Second date of date, Brook, how many horrible dates did you have to go on before you finally found your husband? And actually, don't answer that because I don't want to hear about the threeenty twenty four of them, all the fails.
Speaker 2: I was on some good ones too.
Speaker 1: Actually, we just got ten texts into seventy five nine to two saying the same thing. Please don't ask Brook about her horrible dating it so I'm glad that we have someone else on the phone right now to share their bad dating stories with us. His name is James, and in his email he said he's been on so many awful dates it was just refreshing to finally meet a woman who he described as somewhat normal. Oh so, James, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for having me appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Everyone's thinking, where did you find someone somewhat normal? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, James, a lot of people when they write to us, they focus on the date that they just had.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was kind of funny that you mentioned a few of the bad experiences that you had before this.
Speaker 2: Oh, he went into detas about it.
Speaker 1: One that you said was you got invited by a girl to her church picnic.
Speaker 3: That is correct. She originally told me was if I wanted to see an outdoor play, and I thought, you know, like Shakespeare in the Park kind of deal or something like that. Yeah, And that wasn't the case at all, because I get there and she dressed like the devil who her face is painted red.
Speaker 2: No, so not like a sexy devil like you were hoping for.
Speaker 3: Not at all. She is screaming fire and brimstone. Everyone's going to hell.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hot.
Speaker 2: So that's a look.
Speaker 1: I can use that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: What was the other one that you mentioned? Something about mini Golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went on on a date with a girl with Mini golf. I don't know if she had like a medical problem or what, but she couldn't stop party.
Speaker 2: Sweet girl and mini golf can like if there's not a lot of people, can be really quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the windmill isn't that loud though she was trying to tie it with the putter.
Speaker 1: She's screaming for I feel so.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of room for improvement.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the good date that you finally had. Who was that with?
Speaker 3: Her name is Vicky and I met her online. Her profile picture was pretty I mean I don't want to sound shallow.
Speaker 2: Here, but that's what dating online is set up for, right, Yeah, exactly, And she totally looks like her picture.
Speaker 3: We just clicked and we sent multiple messages back and forth.
Speaker 2: I mean, with your history, were you thinking like, oh my god, there's no way this sounds too good to be true.
Speaker 1: Are you a double fart mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to put yourself out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what did you and Vicky do for your date?
Speaker 3: We ended up going to a barcade. I don't know if you guys are familiar that. It's kind of like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to go on these.
Speaker 3: No, it's really fun. They have like old school atari games or any old arcade game or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So how was the arcade with Vicky? Do you guys have a good time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, there's like this super awesome nostalgia factor going on. And this was when going over the date. The only like hiccup is I came across my all time favorite video game, which is the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found I found a place like that by my house and my son is obsessed with it now.
Speaker 1: It is such a good game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I kill it, Raphael, I mean with.
Speaker 2: The interesting choice.
Speaker 1: Why is that a bad moment in your date?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Because the problem is, once I found it, I wanted to play it. But I saw it across the room and as we were getting closer to it, and I'm hyping it up and I'm like, you're gonna love playing the game. A group of tweeen agers they slepped in and started playing it before I could get to it.
Speaker 2: This is an old ages arcade, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's one of those places where I like, I guess kids and gay in there are staying there until nine pm or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, So again, why did that rooster date you didn't get to play the game?
Speaker 3: Well, I did this thing where I stood awkwardly behind him, thinking.
Speaker 1: That was like weird, super passive aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: You guys didn't go off and play something else. You're just standing there with your date as these teenagers.
Speaker 3: With stepping beers and we're talking. But then the one kid just like looked over his shoulder and it's like, shut up.
Speaker 1: That's probably not a great look in front of your date. That's what you get, old man.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to back off and let these kids win, because this is my game.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, show off, okay with Dame, this is the hill that you're choosing to die out the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mountain exactly.
Speaker 3: And it was like, you know what, let's drift on. So we then we left the barcade and we're on just down the street to another bar, and she's like, I gotta wrap it up, and I'm like, dude, it's only eight thirty. And she was like, I gotta get up early in the morning and.
Speaker 2: Okay, And it felt like an excuse to.
Speaker 3: You a little thing.
Speaker 1: You think she really wanted to play teenage and she's like, dad said, if we're not gonna play, I'm going home exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, she could have been turned off a little bit because I was being very forceful and very adamant about like, let's play this specific game, and then the kids being jerk maybe killed the vibe.
Speaker 2: Kids always killed the vibe. I'm just gonna let you know, yeah next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just need to know if that was it, Just say that was it, and then like I will definitely make sure date number two will have no children at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Well, let's call her and ask. We'll see if that's the reason. We'll play a song. Come back, call Vicky for you and try and get your second date update. Okay, that'd be awesome, all right, hold on second A great show, great theme song, and an even better arcade game for sure, And our guy James just wanted to show his date how Rafael could do some serious damage with his front flips. But he never got that chance. And even worse than losing the chance to play the game, is he actually lost his date VICKI. Now it seems like she may have used an excuse to get out of there a little bit early, but we're not sure. And James thinks it might have been because he got into a verbal spat with some unruly tweens who were hogging the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle machine. And I just have to ask you, James, what's the worst thing that you said to them when you were in an argument?
Speaker 3: It was it was something really generic, because you're arguing with kids that you don't want to say something like I tagged your mom and your dad was watching.
Speaker 2: It's like you've been playing this fight over and over in your head.
Speaker 3: Exactly so it was something like, I think I hear your mom call.
Speaker 1: Okay, probably should have gone with that first diss.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be a turn off for me.
Speaker 3: I never should have gotten into it with him at all. It's at least you know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's that, and that you pick Raphael out of all of them. Maybe anybody else was guy, but I'm all Michael Angelo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I don't even know. I don't feel like we should discuss anymore Ninja Turtle character preferences.
Speaker 2: Next your personality.
Speaker 1: I just think we should call Vicky and see what she has to say. Maybe she's really picky about the characters too, Maybe maybe she's a Maybe that's exactly Zaddy masters and asked, So let's just do this. Here we go. I'm in a dollar number right now.
Speaker 3: Hello, is this Vicky?
Speaker 1: Vicky? My name is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, I think he whole show is here.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm good. Is there a reason you're calling so funny?
Speaker 2: You should have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you familiar with our show at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I definitely listen. Cool. I'm just a little nervous right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well then you might be familiar with the second date updates.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Your nervous laugh is really cute though. Good jump.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks, it's cute.
Speaker 1: Well we're calling obviously because one of our listeners went out with you recently and he's been having a hard time reaching you over the past week.
Speaker 4: Remember James, Oh yeah, oh gosh, Okay.
Speaker 2: It wasn't as fun for you as it was for James. It sounds like, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know how much you've told you, so I don't want to like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, what we do know is you guys went to a barcade, had some drinks.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: We know that he was really interested in you. He thought you were cute, had great hair, fun personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. I mean, did you think he was cute?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I definitely thought he was cute. We were having a fun time. There was this kind of like a moment that was a little bit of a turning point for me.
Speaker 1: Is that anything to do with a group of superheroes?
Speaker 2: Maybe turtles?
Speaker 4: All right, so you know a little bit about it.
Speaker 1: But what he told us is that there were some kids hogging the teenage meeting Ninja turtle machine, and so it kind of exchanged words, but you guys passed and just went somewhere else.
Speaker 2: But I mean, to be fair, we told him that that's like, I mean, for Alexis and I anyway, it'd be a pretty big red flag if he was arguing with teenagers.
Speaker 3: Look, yeah, not a good look.
Speaker 4: There was a little bit more to the story.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like he did more than exchange words with him.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think he thinks I don't know about this part, but yeah, like he so he went to the bathroom before we were going to leave, and he came out and like had a cut on his lips. He looks kind of like bruised up and stuff like he had something had happened, and.
Speaker 2: He something it happened in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, dude.
Speaker 1: Sometimes all those those paper talenta spensers, I get in fight them out real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean that's what he said. He said, he like flipped and accidentally bumped his face on the stall, and I was like, are you that drunk?
Speaker 2: For all, I mean, they don't I will say a lot of arcades and not very clean bathrooms, so maybe it was a slippery s.
Speaker 4: Well, what he doesn't know is uh, Like right before that, a few minutes before he came out, some of the middle schoolers came up to me who were playing the Ninja game, and they, uh, they said, hey, tell your boyfriend. If he mouths off again, we're going to beat itath worse than we just did.
Speaker 2: Why they beat him up in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I think so because like in the moment, I was like, all right, whatever, and then when I saw him, I was like, oh my god, he just got beat up by a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You can't blame her for that, Like, what is he supposed to do? Hit him back?
Speaker 1: You can beat the crap out of those kids.
Speaker 2: Like, did you.
Speaker 1: Bring it up to him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I was just like I'm done. This is definitely a red flag.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Are you more turned off that he fought or that he lost?
Speaker 3: I mean, just the fact that the whole thing happened.
Speaker 4: Just he's the adult in the situation. Then you're gonna like fight with some middle schoolers in the bathroom and then you're gonna lie about it.
Speaker 2: Well that's pretty embarrassing to admit.
Speaker 1: I mean all right, so look, here's what we know. We know that there was obviously some verbal stuff with the kids at the arcade, but you're saying you didn't actually see anything yourself, Vicky. So we need to go right to the source here and just ask James, you throw hands with some middle schoolers.
Speaker 2: Or one normal questions?
Speaker 4: Ye oh no, oh yeah, James, Well I didn't know they talked to you, Vicky.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh god, it actually happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, first off, there were like seven of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, well okay there listen, listen. There were three of them, and one of them was Onarn't crutches, so don't that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mainland weapon. He would swim with them kids.
Speaker 2: How did that happen? How did that happen in the bathroom?
Speaker 3: I mean, they have horrible mouths, That's what happened. So I had friend myself.
Speaker 2: Wait did you you ask them to fight you in the bathroom?
Speaker 3: No. I went into the restroom to do the normal things, just leave myself, and then all of a sudden, I get sucker punch from behind with a clutch. That's when they start running their mouths and I square up and it was a fight or flight moment, and here's the problem is I swung on one of them, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Miss okay, So you tried to throw a punch at one of these kids.
Speaker 4: This is not making it better like you're telling it and.
Speaker 3: More details makes it better. They were attacking me. I was defending myself.
Speaker 1: And I was defending you.
Speaker 4: You were You were not defending me.
Speaker 3: I was defending your honor. I was defending your honor because these kids were saying you had small boobs. I was like, you don't want.
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with small boobs?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone.
Speaker 3: You guys are laughing and thinking this isn't serious, but it was. It was really serious. In a headlock, I was losing consciousness and he was like, just about to go.
Speaker 2: Headlock. They're shorter than you. Parents.
Speaker 1: Stop putting their kids in taekwondo, it happens.
Speaker 2: Are you exaggerating, James? Like it feels like this story just keeps getting more out of control.
Speaker 3: You have been there like I was. It was a desperate situation. I was in a point where I was willing to do anything I could to get out of it.
Speaker 2: It could be scary to be provoked.
Speaker 1: I just say, you have seven kids running around you no matter how big they are.
Speaker 2: I think there were only numbers. There was only three.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm just hoping now that we've heard the full story, can you hear where he's coming from. He was defending your honor, defending himself, and maybe he deserves a second chance. We'd like to pay for another date with James. He never connected any punches. And for the record, for the record, nobody here thinks that you have small boobs. We think they are.
Speaker 2: We think small is fine, just the right size.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, I'm not interested. This thing is even worse than it was when I heard from the kids.
Speaker 3: This is ridiculous. Man, I get beat up by a mob of bug and I'm not getting a secondary out of it.
Speaker 2: James. The story just one of the kids was like crutches.
Speaker 3: Have you not seen like Return of the Jedi? Like you could spend that thing around and around.
Speaker 1: You should have gone rap, we go.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I think we all can agree violence is never the answer, unless the question is who's hogging the teenage mutant ninja turtle arcades. No, the unwritten rule is you have free reign to swing on children. No, no, don't is it Okay, you tell me the rules. I don't know them.
Speaker 2: Listen, I will give it can be scary to be you.
Speaker 1: Know, jumped.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, one time in the park I had I stopped a group of eighth graders from fighting. Okay, so you were able to stop them with a baby on my hip? Okay, So I don't know. I mean there's probably easier ways that he could have de escalated the issue, but okay, they were kind of frightening.
Speaker 1: Okay, the things that you know that there's some woman out there listening who really feels bad for James.
Speaker 2: It's the mother of the children.
Speaker 1: No, I guarantee that we're going to get text into seventy five ninety two from some women saying he was the victim and he was fully in his right to defend himself and he's actually a hero.
Speaker 2: The kids were just trying to play their video game. Yeah, he have not, like I know, but if he wouldn't have started the whole thing to begin with.
Speaker 1: Oh, he started it.
Speaker 2: Like who's the kid now name?
Speaker 1: It's a good reminder to so all of our listeners. Hey, if you're going out on a date tonight, don't beat up any kids. No, your instincts might tell you to do it, but you have to resist anyway. I remember, if you want to get a second date, update, or other awesome dating advice, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.