Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action with DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who depot the five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bet. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draft kingsports Book with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine. In West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Foothill Casino and Resort in Kansas. Must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com Slash Sportsbook for details in state specific responsible gambling resources. Eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash basketball terms.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite Thump Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite number eighty five route runner, extraordinaire, feet made of clouds, that's how smooth he can run around. Bengals legend ring or Fame, a three time First Team All Pro, a six time Pro Bowl player from Liberty City, Chad o Jo Senko Johnson, also known as Mister Rail. We're at p Please make sure you hit that like button. Make sure you hit the subscribe button. Thank you guys, Thank you. We reached the one million subs on Thursday. Now we're at one million, thirty one million, thirty three thousand subs, and please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. We really would like you to subscribe to both, but Nightcap. Please make sure you subscribe to the night Cap podcast feed. Thank you, guys for selling out mache By Laportier. You've also sold out o Cho Sinco Cigars, but we're both gonna have those backing stock really really soon, so hopefully we're having back and stock soon. But but they are taking pre orders now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat, so we're taking pre orders. We're sold out, but we should have a shippment in by the end of the week or the first of next week and we'll start feeling those orders that are placed. We've also been nominated for an NAACP Image Awards for our Sports and Entertainment Outstanding Podcasts, so thank you again and please please go vote for you guys. Our team behind the scenes has been working very hard to make us new segments with all these bells and whistles. So without further ado, let's do it now, O Joe. Our first segment, news Cap Lagerias Need and the Chiefs. Okay, I like that. Lagerias Sneed said the Chiefs defense had a clear plan. We just wanted Brock to throw the ball. Let me put this back. Let me say this again now, Lageria Sneed the all world cornerback of the Kansas City Chiefs. I believe he's the second best player on their defense behind obviously C. J. Stone Cold Chris Jones. Lagerias Sneed said, the Chiefs defense had a clear plan. We just wanted brought to throw the ball. Have you ever heard of a great quarterback or an elite quarterback the defense want him to throw the ball over.
Speaker 1: J Yeah, you're right, You're right. I like what Lageria said, and base on what he was saying. Maybe all the talks about being a game manager. Uh, maybe the bad game that he had, uh maybe three three weeks ago when they played, was it not not the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was. Yeah, yeah Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seeing a game like that, it would lead to believe, you know what, if we can put pressure on him, if we can get him to throw the ball, I think we will have success. But even though even with Lagarius saying that, I'm just gonna be honest, rock Perty had a good game through the air. He was twenty twenty three for thirty eight for two fifty five. He did have a good game. He didn't put his team in harm's way. There were just a few throws that I think if those throws were made in that game, the outcome may have been different. I'm just just being honest. But listen, all man, kudos to Lagarious sneed I talked. I talked to la Jerious about two weeks ago, man and and talked to him about the season he's had to this point and what he's done for that defense. Him and Chris, Him and Chris Jones Man and they they got they got away with one. It was close.
Speaker 4: This yesterday was a very very close game, very close game.
Speaker 2: But who's the offensive player of the year Offensive player of the year, Christian McCaffrey. Yeah, that's the guy you fear. That's the guy you set your defense up to stop, to stop. If you look at the Green Bay, what did he do? Run? You look at look at Detroit, what did he do run? Yeah? You look at the games in which he doesn't run the football, they don't win. I'm setting my defense because I don't fear him. Now. I can't let him do both now, because you got to pick one. I'm gonna stop the run. Most team says, I'm gonna shut your run off? Because what did the forty nine ers like to do. I've played in that West Coast system. The better part of my career is play action. You see when they when they got him on the move, he either got the first down, dumped into his full back hit the overheit, I hit the over routes. So it's like, you know what, we just don't I want twenty three, that's the problem. I don't want twenty three to beat and he's not gonna beat us. And so I'm not surprised that that was their game plan. What did they say? What did they What did Kanca City say? We wanted Lamar Jackson to throw the ball from the pocket. This is the way I look at it. And I told people, like, get upset. I said, look, if Lamar Jackson throws for three hundred and twenty yards, he has three to four touchdowns. I walked to the middle of field and I shake his hand. But what I'm not gonna let him do is throw for two thirty five and run for one fifteen. That's not gonna happen, right because I can't beat him because they're gonna keep the ball away from us, and he's gonna keep the crowd in the game. And so now we're at his mercy. He's running the ball. Now he's gonna play action us because we got to drop the guy down. So hey, y'all got to handle this up front. Y'all got to handle this up front. That's y'all handle it up front. They did a great job of that. But I'm not surprised. You say, perty had it go ahead, O Joe, what you wanna say?
Speaker 1: They stopped runn I think it was some point in the third quarter. Some point in the third quarter, they didn't run the ball as much as they should have.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, they did. I tweeted it. I said, okay, Nina, y'all a mess right around and keep throwing and not running, and y'all you're gonna get exactly what you're looking for. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think when it mattered, when it would have mattered most if they tried to run, there were a few times where the Chiefs defense stopped the run. And I think that's where Shanahannah went away from it, because they were prepared for it and they were ready for it, and I think that's what forced them in a situation where, you know what, we're being a little bit too predictable. We're running on first, running on second, and try something else. Let's try to throw it first and get them off their heels a little bit so they don't know exactly what's coming.
Speaker 2: And it just didn't work. In their favor.
Speaker 1: Listen, all it is is a guessing game, a chess mass between coordinators. Let me do the opposite of what they think I'm getting ready to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you try to keep them off balance. But at the end of the day, what you're good at, you gotta be able to do that. Yeah, that's what you gotta be able to do. O yoe. And sometimes running the football necessarily isn't about getting You always want to get yards. But I just want you to think or no, I will run this ball, y'all. Keep streaming up feeling if you want to, I'm gonna hand it off and I'm gonna hear the crease on you and he be gone. Yeah, and I'll be gone. So I just can't let you sit back there and drop in the coverage. I can't. I mean, look at Spags, He's won three Super Bowls. I think he was. Wasn't he the DC at the Giants when they beat New England? He was? Yeah? I think what did he do?
Speaker 1: I think Spags was God damn everywhere Spag and go they got damn winning Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Man? Who who's the Giants? DC? Yeah, Flags or Spag?
Speaker 4: Spags know something now he knows something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he got four Super Bowl three with the three with the Chiefs and one with the Giants. So what that tells me he's a great big game DC. Yeah. It also tells me that he has his players in position. They study, you, study the tape and says, look if we do what we do and they beat us, that's on me, right, Just don't be out of position, don't play hero ball. Unlet's get him on the ground, because what do the forty nine ers do as well as any team in football? Run after catch? Cats, Yeah, Debo, I U Kittle, Jennings. We know Christian McCaffrey can run after catch because he can run the football. When you get there, they go no further. The journey's over.
Speaker 1: So if you look at if you look at forty nine ers offensively, look at the stats, look at the stats in the air Kittles really no yards, no catches? Are you didn't get the ball enough, Devo didn't touch the ball enough. Or from an offensive standpoint, if McCaffrey really, I would say, had the bulk of the was the bulk of offense in a game like that, you need all hands on deck, I said, I said, every time. If if the Chiefs had lost his game, I would have been upset about Tony not playing because you need every offensive weapon at you know, you need every offensive weapon.
Speaker 2: As to be to be used.
Speaker 1: That to have Listen, to have Kittle, to have Auk, to have Debo, and not use him to the to your full advantage offensively.
Speaker 2: I think it did.
Speaker 4: It did more harm than it did good.
Speaker 2: Well, it seemed like Debo tweaked his hamstring or something and he wasn't the same after that, because it looked like he would. It looked cause you saw him go down on you and he grabbed the back of that leg. That's never a good sign, right, And so now it doesn't look like he was out there because I mean they're already thin. Yeah, So now if you take him out, basically you going with Colley, and Collley made a big third down catch. And so I'm not saying that he's not a decent receiver, but he's more of a special teams guy, and so they probably was a little a little hesitant to let him play more snaps than absolutely positive necessary. Now, if Debo goes out, they really don't have a choice but to put him in there. Because now, I mean, I guess you could play Ray Ray McDonald and I think he got a handful of snaps, but anything, anything was possible. But see from and the forty nine ers with three or twelve on third down.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna win you too many That ain't gonna win you too many games.
Speaker 2: Who you playing exactly, And so that's that's what I was. That's what I was talking about, pretty against an opportunity. You look back and then they're gonna be sick because they had them twenty to ten in the fourth quarter three year three or four years ago, they had them ten to nothing, and each time when they had momentum, they didn't get enough separation. Stop playing. He's like, oh yo, how many times have we seen the Patriots and team just be going up and down the field selling for field goals and not get anything out of it? And you say, okay, man, y'all better stop playing with Tom Brady. Y'all know what he capable of. And the next thing you know, boom, the Patriots win the game. You're like, Bro, didn't I tell y'all? I remember the Ravens have him dad to right, have him down by fourteen Late in the game. Next thing, you know, as a matter of fact, it was twenty four was it? Where it twenty fourteen? Nah, that's when they beat the Coats? What uh we need the uh might have been twenty ten. It might have been twenty ten when they beat the Giants. The Ravens have him down in the championship game. Didn't they beat the Ravens in twenty ten? It's some it's a quarterbacks. Yeah, quarterbacks, and so like you don't you don't fool around with them, Ojo, you go ahead and do you go ahead and you gotta put him away? Yeah, put him away? So go ahead and you go ahead and do them. Joke was dirty bad then when you think about it, when you think about it now, when you play teams that have quarterbacks that are special quarterbacks that can can raise their level of play in moments when it matters most, you got to put those teams away early.
Speaker 4: You got to put them away early. Similar Hell, the Lions.
Speaker 1: The Lions made that mistake as well, you know, taking points off the board, being up seventeen zip. There's no reason why the Lions shouldn't have been in They should have been in Vegas. The Lions should have been in Vegas. You got to put the forty nine ers away when you're in a business, you have them in a position like that, No reason for that.
Speaker 2: What do we talk about when Lions had the momentum, they didn't put enough separation? Because what happened when the forty nine has got the momentum in the blink of a.
Speaker 1: Nine seven seventeen points in the NFL should be enough momentum or enough separation.
Speaker 2: You don't think seventeen points is enough? No, because they should have been. You got to make it twenty one nothing right, you gotta make it twenty four three, You got to make it twenty seventh our teen right because guess what forty nine ers go get twenty seven or nine of points and guess what they got to leave. Yeah, that's that's just you. Oh Joe, how many time have you been on the game team beating y'all but they're not scoring the kicking field goals? Next thing you know, you and carting them catch fire. You look up, you're like, we done got the lead on any bowling? Yeah, yeah, Hey, it doesn't take long for old mo momentum that is. Yeah, Hey, bro's when you get you that yeah.
Speaker 1: That's funny how the game works. That's funny how the game works. Every game, there's always a shift in momentum. There's always a shift and then balance. One team in the first half is playing one way. You come out second half the other team actually catches fire. And it's weird how that works. No matter what you try to do, it happens every damn time.
Speaker 2: Fletcher Cox shades Debo on ig After the forty Nineers lost first, he wrote, clown at nineteen problems. Keep the Eagle's name out your mouth, boy. H Denny later said, I still got something you ain't got. Listen. Yeah, been holding this one, been holding this one? He done?
Speaker 1: E a D Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, this is is there.
Speaker 2: They're very There have been very very few times.
Speaker 4: There have been very few times in the NFL.
Speaker 2: What what a D?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know you know what that is? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 1: He wanted he wanted to abbreviate it. He didn't want to actually say it. But there have been There have been very few times in the NFL where NFL players really had true beef, true beef outside the game of football, where they really do not they really dislike each other, and this is one of those cases.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Debo going at it against talking.
Speaker 1: About Brad Burry. It was it was it's more personal. Crab Tree and a team Khalid wait a key Kalib didn't like each other. It was personal, really really really really liked that.
Speaker 2: One more. Joey Porter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joey Porter and Levi Jones, a teammate of mine, really really didn't like each other. It went away from the field, and I think this is another situation where these two really have a disdain and distaste for each other, and I never like to see it go beyond the football field. Yeah, but this is where we are now. They really really don't like each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the thing is, Oh Deebo felt last year had pretty not gotten knocked out of that championship game, they would have won that game. So and they were talking about this all some of these going back and forth. Them boys trash Mahome's gonna expose him, which he did, and they ended up losing that ball game. Late in the ball game. Then uh, Debo was like, hey, we're all healthy. We got some for you, whether a Sunday night or a Monday night. I think it might have been a Sunday night. They ran through them. I'm talking about like foreign water through a tourist. You know how you drake that water in Mexico?
Speaker 4: Mons, Yes, sor, I don't what was what was with the tackling that game?
Speaker 2: That's all? It was?
Speaker 1: Well for the chief, I mean, not the Chief, the Eagles tackling.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I don't know. I ain't never seen nothing really trying to tackle. They're trying to push people out of bows and you gotta get through that.
Speaker 1: You got to come to the party, man, in the game of that magnitude, you got to come to the party. Nobody was coming up to the party, you know, wanting to drink. That's what I called it. You got to come up to the party like Bob Sanders.
Speaker 2: Like, if you come in to the party, come to the party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they wasn't. They wasn't.
Speaker 1: It's like they checked out almost It seemed the way they played it seemed like they had already checked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hold on, Richard Sherman and Crabtree with I.
Speaker 4: Think you know who you know, Richard Sherman and crab tre was cool.
Speaker 1: But Richard, I mean the Crab tree and God damn a team kalid a key to leave was on a whole nother level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was a good one. That that was a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good memory. That's a good football back then. Man, I mean, I mean I really all back then.
Speaker 2: I really, I really never even thought about it because you know, I wanted, you know, God's kind of war changed, but not like they do not. God's got on probably one hundred thousand. Yeah, you know, we had a little bit. We know, we had a little rope, had a little cross all that something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's now there diamonds crossing Jesus peace.
Speaker 2: Like this out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, listen, they got they got on Cuban south Mouth grill, grill with the diamonds in it. Listen the furthest I went obviously, I had a mouthful of golds top and bottom.
Speaker 2: And that's just to to look the represent the represent that was it. But today.
Speaker 1: But the boys out there looking like scammers in that football uniform.
Speaker 2: Man, man oo, we play in the preseason game. We were playing the forty nine ers. Yeah, and I had never had my necklace broken snatched anything. So me and Lee Woodhall, I'm blocking him as it's like a handoff and he gets up here, and you know he tried to, you know, yank me down.
Speaker 4: Right right, pulled through, tried to pull through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so but when he did that, I pulled him to me. So you remember, if I tell you somebody push, I pulled right right pull. I pushed right. Man. Wow, man, I was looking all around looking on the ground. Oh Joe, we flipped ends of the field, right man. They had security out there, They had the people out there looking for it, right man. The thing felled down in my pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah where you you had something expensive on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I had I have a number. I have my number on right. Yeah. Uh it was a bad Yes, it was nice. Oh know when my home gott took it the baggage couch a little man. But uh, you know, Mike was like, man, what's eighty four? What's going on to Mike? Man? He snatched my necklace and I lost it on the field. So Mike told him, Man, we flipped the ends of the field, and you thought, hey, had You're still looking for it? Yeah, they were looking for it, and I was just like I was sitting on the bench like damn, man, I just got that thing like two weeks ago. Oh you know, I was just sitting on the bench. I'm like, oh man, what's this? Oh yeah, yeah, you talked about happy real half. I was real happy about that. Swizz Beats responds to his wife, Alicia Keys Usher's moment. Swiz says, heard all the comments about Usher holding Alisia a little too close to doing the halftime, He responded, or I said, y'all talk about the wrong damn thing. Y'all see amazing dress covering the entire stadium. The night's performance was nothing but amazing to just see two amazing congrats Usher and my love at Alicia Keys. That song is a classic. We don't do negative vibes on this side. We make history. Go giants at the Brooklyn Museum. It's open until July. Blessings, Swizz, You're a real one for that because that, Oh Joe, please help me understand. I'm healthy. I'm healthy in a minute. Io Why we like that? Why everything? Why everything gotta be? I mean, yeah, Jenny, Jenny, you know Jenny taff I used to work with great She is as good a person you meet. Man. You I know U ro can can can Black people can? Can? Our community? Can we have anybody of the opposite sex. Can they be friends?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I believe I can be everything. Ain't gotta be sexual, I believe Usher let me. It's just like actress and actors if they're doing a love scene, I know, oh man, I know he smoked that. I know he's smoking that. Doing a job, right. That's That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think the casual fan of the casual fan of music, or the casual person really can't understand. There's a certain level of maturity that comes into dealing with certain people of certain professions. And you understand what that comes with when you when you deal with actors, or you deal with the physics, or you deal with musicians that had the coast play and and and put themselves in an entertaining role for a specific for a specific.
Speaker 2: Thing that they have to do.
Speaker 1: It's a part of entertainment, which is what Usher and Lisa Keys did. Now again for Swiss obviously and anyone else, and that would have been maybe happened to be in his position to be dating Alicia. You have to understand what that comes with. You know how many rehearsals they had before they even performed last night? Yeah, sure Swiss was there and understood what was going on. You think about dating actors or dating actresses, that's another level of maturity that you have to have for sex scenes, for kissing scenes, for scenes where you're holding someone, for scenes where someone's sleeping in the bed with you. And I think they're they're for the regular average person. They can't see past that. They can't see past that because they're not used to it.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is now, there are some actors, some actresses that won't do but do a scene, an intimate scene. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Also, wait a minute, you messing with your money now, there's certain things you won't do you until you taking money off the table.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. That's for them, and that's for their household. You marry somebody, you understand, right, Okay, this is what they do. Okay, fine, I'm cool with it or I'm not cool with it. And so I don't understand how you do that song my boot and don't get close or don't look out of eye you my boo and you know, hey, hey baby amen, and y'all be hugged up and you be rocking with it, and I get it. But I don't look at every time somebody do a song a love song together, when who is that? Was that Stephanie Mills and Teddy Pendergrads did that song or obviously now it was different with Tina Marie and Rick James, which work up. They were a coupled and we understand the chemistry there. But everybody that does a love song together aren't trying to aren't intimate. But we like to imply that because you put what you would do in that situation and you projected on them. We love projecting, you know, we love the screen projecting. Yeah, yeah, old enough to remember this to projectors. They used to have a little film and you, yeah, feel.
Speaker 1: We had we had we had, we had them in high school. Now what I can say? What I can say, Uh, studies have shown statistically people that endure or work in jobs are you're always close in hind courters with someone, they tend to deal with that individual because you're always doing it constantly all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: It does happen, So we can't act like it doesn't happen when you when you're up and close. So then it with someone all the time in close quarters. Now the situations do happen. It does have happen, So I can see where everybody's going with it. But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: Here, right, But just everything happens. I mean, that's a that's a situation. But that's a whole different argument. I Mean, if we doing a situation, I'm doing a song or we're doing a movie, that's a that's the song is like, Okay, we do that, boom, we moved on. Alicia Keeves exit stage left. Okay, we practiced that. It's not like that's every day. We're doing this every city, two hundred stops a year. That's different. Okay. I get somebody working in a male a woman and a man and a woman working in close proximity, and you know, but here's the thing you keep Hey, what are you doing. Let's go get a drink? Okay, Oh, Joe, were going Hey were going on company, were going on company trips. Okay, we got a conference a convention. Yeah, and hey, what you're doing tonight, Let's go grab a bike. Okay, you're creating a situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it had a happened at It happens all the time. I've heard the stories in real life. I've seen the stories play out in movies. Some of the things that you see play out in movies, they have to come from somewhere. They come from experience, they come from people actually doing it. So I understand where people are coming from. But in this case, we have to understand that they are entertaining. Their job is to entertain, and all parties involved understand that because there's a certain level of maturity that they do have to execute what we saw yesterday.
Speaker 2: The only difference between truth and fiction is fiction has to make sense, right, because we've all read things and you're like that I can't be true, and it's actually true. But when it's fiction, it has to make sense. It can't be out of the realm of possibility that nobody would actually believe that this is possible. Right.
Speaker 1: What's what's what's the young fella name? What's the young young people named from?
Speaker 2: From? Fox? Is it Fox?
Speaker 4: The couple the couple that worked on air?
Speaker 1: They worked on air and close quarters for a long time and happened that they got fired and ended up being together.
Speaker 4: What's what's the couple? You know talking about?
Speaker 2: What was it Fox? No? It was ABC? ABC? ABC? You talking about Amy roll back? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And in the homes. Yeah yeah, mster Holmes. You see you work with somebody, you see him every day. You know you have to deal with I'm sure the same scenario that you just mentioned. Hey, let's grab coffee here, let's get lunch.
Speaker 2: Uh, guess what training for a marathon. Let's go for let's go for a run, run, let's go, let's go, let's go get a read for you. Yes, sir, you see what you do with oo put yourself in harms way. There's only so many times you're gonna have There's only so many times you can you can run across a busy intersection before you get your ass hit. There's only so many times. Oh Joe, you're gonna be able to sit down with somebody? Yeah? Yeah, Okay, All of a sudden, you like it. Oh, I like the conference. Oh so you're such an easy talk Oh you're so easy to talk to. Is everything going? You know? Now you start sharing secrets at home? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Now, all of a sudden, what's at home? It's annoying you come in the house, man, it's annoying. Such and such a so easy to Yeah, she's so relatable.
Speaker 1: And normal and normally That's how it is when you're dealing with someone or you have an outlet outside of home that brings you peace. You have an outlet outside of home that brings you peace. This is what happens. But listen on the back end of it. At some point, once you leave home and what you thought was annoying and you go to someone else that brought you peace. Now that you're dealing with them every single day, the cycle repeats yourself.
Speaker 4: Cycle repeat, The cycle repeats itself.
Speaker 2: At some point when you got when you're a kid and you got a new toy, I guarantee you didn't play with it the whole year you played with the mother dude the newness war. Don't like the rest of the toy that you got the previously.
Speaker 1: It happens every time and similar the same situation based on an analogy you just said, Like you get a new toy with women, women love a new person with that whole person whole year.
Speaker 2: We're in love a new heel.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're gonna wear that thing to death, till it until it started to wear down. Come on, I don't don't don't talk talk to me now.
Speaker 2: I know, talk about Ooh, I like this. I need something to go with this. I need I need something to go with this outfit, right right right that Persell, hold on, you got a hundred outfits. You think you're about to have a hundred persons up in this joint.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't gonna work like that. I helpe you got I help you. I got one person for a hundred outfits.
Speaker 2: That's how we're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Interchangeable everything in the change. But I know she watched it through.
Speaker 2: Hey, Reil, Hey, here's the Joe. You know who got to be most secure? Usher's wife. What about that residency that he had. Yeah, and he on Tarajah and he on techy and he don't need different ways singing singing to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now you know who didn't have that that level of maturity He Key's husband.
Speaker 2: Ye're not used to that. This is new for you.
Speaker 4: So you have to stand.
Speaker 1: You're dealing with a woman that is a high caliber woman in the acting industry.
Speaker 4: She's great at acting. She's great.
Speaker 2: That derail and rail backing it up on? You heard what that? Whoa see?
Speaker 1: We talked about situations and put yourself in certain situations. Rail no better than to put herself in that situations.
Speaker 4: Don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 1: You know better than that, baby, I know, baby, I know you watching and you'll come Hell of high water and the most part of the red seat.
Speaker 2: But I'm a part of something else. But do that, don't do me like that? What hold?
Speaker 4: But again, I heard I have a certain level of maturity as well. Enjoy yourself. You having fun? Yeah, you having fun?
Speaker 1: You know you your usher dancing on you, usher, singing to you. I'm okay with that. I'm not never I never. I ain't never been like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's a moment that you can have and live on, that lives on faver that you will always remember, you know. And I just I've never been that type. But it's cool, it's cool.
Speaker 2: I like us. I need to start performing too. Man. We are we do it for three four dice a week, four dice a week. Yeah, stage stage though, we bro we have we have thirty forty we have how many fives? What we had ninety ninety? We repeat at ninety ninety what we have last night last night? Actually, had you been able to make it, we had we had forty thousand ready to go. By the time you got here, it had dropped down in like twenty We built it back up, right. But if he had, if we had been able to go like immediately after the game, right, we could have hit that, we could have hit that hundred. But I believe no, no, no, no, don't worry about that. I believe now that we build up our sub base starting next year. Yes, sir, we routinely would be doing seventy five one hundred plus thousand. So but I uh halts off that you swizz. You handled you handle it like a real man. I love the way that you stood up for your queen, Like, hey, ain't no negativity over here. We quit to do that. Boy, If we ain't got something going on good in our life, won't we show eight, won't we show trying to bring something bad in your life? Oh? Yeah? Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: The less the less you have going on in life, the more you concern with others and how they operate.
Speaker 2: Mh yeah, and entertaining uh hello, and entertaining they were. It was just enough. It was the most watched telecast ever. Super Bowl fifty eight was the most watched telecast since the nineteen sixty nine Apollo eleven moon landing. What was the numbers? Uh, the moonlanding. It was a little different because we didn't have as many people in nineteen sixty nine as we do now. The moon landing estimated between one five and a one hundred and fifty million. Last night Super Bowl fifty eight one three point four.
Speaker 4: That's that good money, that boy, that good I am. That's that good money.
Speaker 2: Dennis Shrewder playing his son's birthday party with a Raptor's cake before he was traded to the Net. Dennis celebrated his son's fifth birthday yesterday whether Raptors team birthday cake the cash and yes, we played before I got traded. Man, basketball, you know basketball is different than football. Oh choke. You know, football players don't rea and coaching baseball, Yeah, and baseball you know they be traded football football. You know, football don't really get traded. Football players don't really get traded like that during the season. Normally the trades happened in the offseason because football is a little bit more complicated, learning the plays and things like that. Trying to blend assimilate yourself in Man, Man, I feel, look, he's five and you know, hopefully he still had a great birthday being surrounded by the bomb and dad love and everything. But man, it's tough business. What do you do? What do you do in that?
Speaker 1: In that case when it comes to basketball players and trade deadlines, and do you do you know when you when you're on the when you're on the bubble, or you think you're going ahead, you think that you here, you here? Obviously your agent, your agent, your agent will let you know though right about sometimes they were working out with think about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir Adam Schefter is in business for a reason. Jay Glazen raising for a reason. Teams exacts, coaches NFL. There's a reason why they hear it. So you get wol you get Sean Sharanya, right, yeah, you get they know when they start reporting stuff, you gotta come from somewhere.
Speaker 4: You gotta come. They give them the lead on purpose.
Speaker 2: Huh. Of course, see I got to get in a position. But they figures and the thing is, but you but you notice, uh, if a reporter that writes up like what's your source, man, that man can't tell you your source. He won't get any more information exactly exactly. I mean, oh, how you know how if I told you how, I know, I ain't gonna get no more information, right, why would I tell? Why would I tell you where the money tree is? So you can go pick all the bills. You chopped my damn tree down? You would see the people to see your hair, is the thing on Joe, I told so, if I tell somebody where the money tree is, they ain't gonna see. They're not smart enough to like, Okay, I'm gonna get a couple off here. They want to chop the tree down. Now you know you chopped the tree down. Guess what, it ain't gonna grow no more money. So if I give up my source, guess what, I ain't gonna get no more info.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing about it, if you give up your source, then everybody else is gonna run to the source and try.
Speaker 2: To beat you to the punch. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You can't let him beat you to the punch. They take your money.
Speaker 2: Right now, all of a sudden, he used to give me information that nobody else had. I'm looking, oh man, he got that information. Now he's like, no, I can't give you no information. I got to give it to your rival. And now your boss like man, you ain't had no good info in a while, no intail. Yeah, you know, I let the face. The fans told me I should give up you know, my sources. So I told him, uh no, you can't do that. No, no, do that, Like I said, No, I don't, I don't. I wouldn't get down. Oh cho, I heard you're very excited to quiz me in some trivia. Oh yeah, we got a new segment. That's time for our next segment. It's called dunk.
Speaker 4: On unk, and you're finna get him all wrong.
Speaker 2: Hold up, why y'all put that picture of the ass. You know, I know that picture came from right, asked ass? Dirty? Guess what as told? It? Was telling me a Jordan so about, Well, if you work on this team and you can't take a little roasted, it's not gonna work well for you, I said, Ash, I kind of worked at a lot of places people don't normally roast on the boss. I'm just saying, you know, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well wait wait a minute. Have you you remember those Dean Martin roast back in the days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, you you got to you got to be able to that. You got to be able to take that who zim?
Speaker 2: Zim was your coach, right, Zimmer?
Speaker 1: No you had Marvin had mar Yeah Marvin, but Mark Zimmer was a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: He was there. Did you Did you roast Marvin? No?
Speaker 4: I didn't really bother Yeah, I ain't really bother you.
Speaker 2: What about what about uh brown Brown? Yeah? Well no, ain't whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: But though those aren't the people you want to be funny with.
Speaker 2: I was. I was funny with my teammates. Oh no, I was. I was. I was funny.
Speaker 1: I was funny with Marvin and A and A in a joking manner, not making fun of him manner.
Speaker 2: Oh man, look here, I used to get mister B. I was. I tell the story, mister B. Mister Bowling was our owner. And you know he used to come in. He used to come in on Thursdays, go down to uh train of Steve Antonopolis Greek and he would sit up in his office, put his uh uh and put his uh, put his feet up on Greek's desk and wait for Greek to come in there after he get done tape and ask him about the injuries. So I went, I stole his glasses, cut my shorts up like here, like here, he has little teeny tiny shorts. Got me a shirt. So I came in there, had the socks. He liked to pull the socks up like quarter almost to his calves, and so I did that. But I got his glasses on, so I'm dressed like he would normally dress. He walked, he turned the corner to come in Greek office. I got my feet up on Greek's desk, got his glasses on, and I just look it. He's like, he like you, mofock man. He thought he thought that was the funniest thing ever. He says, you know, you're the only one that could get away with his I say, I absolutely no, I'm the only work that can get away with this. Mike. You know before Mike would like coming to me and I'll be up there early. We always in the seats early. Mike didn't play that bull job. You walking in and when you standing up, you better not walking in that room. You better bout if you go ahead, wake, go ahead and take that fine because you walk in there, it ain't gonna be pretty. So you know, Mike would come in like at nine o'clock. Everybody always sitting up in there like eight fifty eight. You know, I got a head to the had got a head to the podium, got got a mimicking. Yeah, hey, he come down there. I couldn't get I couldn't get I couldn't get my seat soon enough for yo, he can't be a couple of time. But it is what it is. Number seven. Oh yeah, I got him at practice all the time. Oh yeah, oh yeah, that was funny. No oh, it was his manner rhythms. It was his manner rhythm that I yeah. But I was the guy to keep it lose, o Joe. I had to keep it loose.
Speaker 1: But I knew when they had fun. When get serious, we're in the same boat. We're in the same boat.
Speaker 2: Huh who sometimes? Oh you you deserve to get road. I ain't gonna tell you the time to ask. You went to pick up something and threw a back out. It was heavy, heavy, Oh good man. I wasn't sunna to tell it about bad joy. But Jordan, coach me, Jordan, what is said?
Speaker 1: She went to pick up a pin, a pin, a pin, an ink pen. Oh that means she must have been working out. So the injury was working out.
Speaker 2: Walk walking from the elevator to take you to take the elevator down two floors to my root. That's about working out as I'm sorry. All right, come on, yo, let's get it. You're ready.
Speaker 1: Dunk on, dunk on uns, dunk on unc trivia question. The first question is you're not gonna get this one anyway. You're definitely gonna get this You ready, yep. Patrick Mahome just won his third Lombardi Trophy. He was the second youngest quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl back in twenty nineteen, at the age of twenty four. Who is the youngest quarterback to win a title? Yeah, you ain't gonna get this one.
Speaker 2: He was the second.
Speaker 4: Oh, big Ben, Yeah you ain't know that, man, You cheating man.
Speaker 2: Let me see. Let me see your hand, Let me see your hands, big Ben. You gotta realize. Big Ben came out early, and he won the Super Bowl in the second year. They lost in the AFC Championship Game to Pittsburgh, to New England in two thousand and two thousand and four, and he came back and won it in two thousand and five. I was at that game because that same night, that's the same night Kobe scored eighty one on Toronto.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right, you're right, You're right, Chad Ben Ben Roethlisberger was the youngest quarterback to win the Super Bowl at the age of twenty three when its Steelers defeated the Seahawks and Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl forty forty. Okay, you got.
Speaker 1: One, you got one, all right, You definitely gonna get this one though. Okay, which city has hosted the most Super Bowls?
Speaker 2: New Orleans and New Orleans and Miami?
Speaker 4: Loud and wrong?
Speaker 1: No, your first your first answer. We're gonna first answer your first answer with New Orleans. Wrong, it's Miami. Miami has hold the most Super Bowls with eleven.
Speaker 2: Wow, eleven.
Speaker 4: But listen, super Bowl is in New Orleans this year, this year, coming up.
Speaker 2: Do you have any you have ertry of your multiple choice They all these are multiple choice choice.
Speaker 1: You want me to give you the answers, You want me to give you the answer to you to choose from them.
Speaker 2: You know how that's multiple choice working.
Speaker 1: No, we ain't doing that. Hey, you you you bet. You gotta be like stumped the swab. You got to know this stuff. You do realize that's that's not my only job, though, stumping, all right, we got one more. Oh, oh this is you should get this one. This is a no brainer. Christian McCaffrey led the NFL in yards from scrimmers this season with twenty twenty three yards, which running backs hold it, and then for a record with the most yards from scrimmags in a single season.
Speaker 2: You gotta know this. Come go out on a limb. I think I'm gonna say, Chris Johnson.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, you good, You're good. The answer is correct.
Speaker 1: Chris Johnson has two thousand, five hundred and nine yards from scrimmage in two thousand and nine, most in NFL history.
Speaker 2: He really should have had the record because remember they called his long runner back back against Seattle call holding. He would have went over twenty one. He would have went over twenty one hundred easily. Yeah. But yeah, I feel you know, I think I said, I think I know this. Most people probably would have said, like Eric Dickerson, but Ed didn't catch a whole lot of passes the year he went for twenty one oh five. Because that was the same your dad through for five thousand eighty four with forty eight touchdowns.
Speaker 4: By the march, Mark Clayton, I never forget that.
Speaker 2: The March Brothers. So yeah, yeah, So I felt I was like, nah, Ed didn't catch enough passes. Adrian Peterson was really not Marshall falk Win a thousand thousand, Roger Craig win a thousand thousand. Yeah, but I was like, nah, I think, I say, yeah, yeah, all right, you should know. You should know this one. You should know this one.
Speaker 4: I know that trying to open my door.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, you should know this one.
Speaker 1: This is a good one because this is right up your alley, and I know your memory serves you well. Okay, you played in your first Super Bowl back in nineteen ninety eight. Goddamn you old Manco's versus Packers in Super Bowl thirty two two. Who scored the first touchdown? There's no way you get this wrong. Who scored the first touchdown in Super Bowl thirty two?
Speaker 2: For US or for them? For green Bay? First touchdown? Period? Okay, uh, I'm gonna say, Antonio Freeman, may you cheating because you looking down? Man?
Speaker 1: You're looking down, man, You're looking at something. Man, ain't no way in here. You know this stuff? Man, You do realize I played at the Gable, Nah, Man, you looking at something man, come on, man, man, hey, as are y all over there giving uncle answers?
Speaker 2: Man, she didn't give it? Do you think she want me to think I know everything? She hated when I ask her to look at something and I go ahead and tell her the answer before you look it up, she just look at me and give me the easiest look. She would never give me the answer. I would never like ash. I need you to help me cheat on this. No, she's gonna give me all wrong answers.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Antonio Freeman twenty two yard TV reception from Brett Favor in the first quarter. Obviously your Broncos won a game thirty one.
Speaker 2: Yeh at the back of the end zone because Steve hit him and he's still head onto the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, Okay, I know you're not gonna get this one. Okay, I know you're not gonna get this one because this is this is gonna just gonna.
Speaker 2: Throw you off. Okay.
Speaker 1: Usher performed in this year's Super Bowl halftime show, which is the following artist have never performed at halftime right, Kerry.
Speaker 2: Madonna Madonna dead in Indiana.
Speaker 4: And Thenneapolis or Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 2: Black Eyed pe have Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: Man, man, they man, they gave you, they gave the answers before we started this.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh Joe, you how how you know?
Speaker 1: Mariah ain't never been in super Bowl as many super Bowl as it's been.
Speaker 2: You hear, o Joe. The thing that you're gonna learn that when you do TV, if you get with if you can unfortunately I hope you do get back in linear television, you have to have tremendous recall because now now it's kind of moved away from just debate and it's more conversational. But the thing that you have to do is that you have to hear what the what one guy said? Now I've got to punch a hole in his argument while recalling all of my information that I have. And so you have to be able to remember stats. You have to be able to remember date. You remember I told you we was? We was my grandfather's iPhone before there was a phone, because they would give us. He would like, Hey, tell them boys your number, And when he got home, Hey, what was such and such number? What was this? What was that? And we had to recall yes, yes, and he was big. He used to tell me and my brother all the time. He said, if I take you somewhere, you should always be able to get back. So he would. Now my brother, that was my brother. I couldn't do it because I'm sleep be back at the driveway. I'm but not my brother. He would always take my brother because I'd be sleeping at night. And a lot of times he would take my brother, come on spanky, ride with me to the truck stop, get a cup of coffee, get some grists or something like that. You notice I said he uh and would eat get something to eat. My brother ain't really getting getting another to eat. But oh, soil you do realize I was on Jeopardy and I wonder, right, Yeah, yeah, you was on Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: But they give you a heads up on what you might get asked on Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: They give they give you possible topics that you might get asked. So this is the thing.
Speaker 1: If you got the if you have the possible topics, you know the questions that that are going to be always.
Speaker 4: Some around and in the realm of what you're studying.
Speaker 2: For o Jo. Do you know how many Olympics that they've had. Do you know how many television series have been on? Yeah, so they say TV series, you might get gun smoked, you might get friends, you might get Martin, but you also might get bewitched of some other stuff. Mad Rota Taxi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ready for what you know? What you know about taxi? Remember the movie Taxi?
Speaker 2: I do? You're talking about what? You don't remember? That's what Jodi Foster's you.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about. I'm talking about the original Taxi. Now, the original Taxi with Jody Foster. Yes, man, when it was battling the Green Cabs and the yellow Calves, the green cab and the two twins, the two the two bodybuild of twins.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about different things.
Speaker 4: Oh so I'm talking about DC I'm about I'm talking about DC cab.
Speaker 2: My bad? Oh no, I thought you about it? Like, ain't no way you know about Jodie Fosters. She got hominated for an Academy Ward.
Speaker 4: Wait, Taxi is DC cab Taxi?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think the name of the movie is is is Taxi? They had the yellow Cabs in the green cab DC Cab.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what you say getting I'm getting Jodi Foster chat, y'all remember that, well, do Jody? Because Jodi Foster got nominated for an Academy Award. I think she was like fourteen or fifteen. She didn't win. She won for Silence of the Lambs with her killed that Anthony Hopkins.
Speaker 1: Hopkins, Yeah, yeah, you see how I came to see see how Yeah see how number stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah? Oh yo? Was he born? What?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I was born in sixty eight?
Speaker 2: Man? What you're talking about? One boyat like? Hold on, I'm thinking about seven that taxi bro. All these movies.
Speaker 4: I know all the movies.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I've seen all them. I've seen all them, all.
Speaker 1: The movies from back before I was born, from the fifties, sixties, seventies eighted. I can talk about all them because like my grandma, my grandma introduced me.
Speaker 4: To all that, so I can talk about stuff before I was even alive.
Speaker 2: Like like movies. You remember Jack and a few good men, A few good men. Yeah. You can't handle the truth, yes, right When he said up, he say, and he asked him a question. Yeah, And he says, you want the truth, He says, I think I'm entitled to it. You want the truth? He said, you can't handle tru the truth. Yes, son, we live in the world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg, I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weak for Santiago, You curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. Nantiago, while tragic, probably saved lives. My appearance grotesque and incomprehensible to you save lives. You don't want the truth, a deep down in places that party, you don't talk about it. You want me on that wall, You need me on that wall. He used words like cold, honor, loyalty. We use these words of a backbone, spend defending something. You use it as a punch line. Not having the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rise than sleeps under the blanket of freedoms, I provide and then questioned the man in which I provide it. I'd whether you say thank you or pick a weapon standing post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. Did you order the cold red? I did my job. Did you order the cold rent? I did I like that?
Speaker 4: That what I'm talking about? I like that. That was beautiful. Now that was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Jack hit that thing. Hey, he killed it.
Speaker 1: This method acting, getting into character, being able to deliver in the heat of the moment is why he is one of the greatest actors of all time.
Speaker 2: And that was nice.
Speaker 4: That was not We gotta get you in front of the big screen.
Speaker 2: You gotta got I got tremendous recalling, Oh Joe, When I tell people, I can tell you my grandfather died when I was eight, I can tell you everything you ever said. I can tell you my grandma lived since I was forty three years of eight. I can tell you every time my grandmother's been upset at me. I can tell you why. I can tell you where I was. I can tell you exactly what I did every single time. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: I have tremendous recall as well, based on the situation and the circumstances and the outcome that it had. Most of the time, the outcome had to be negative.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: If the outcome was negative, I have tremendous recall.
Speaker 2: You know, that's just how you know.
Speaker 4: Things stick out to you much better that way.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why it is, but that that just that's just the way life is and the way the way it goes. Most of the part of the things that I've done in life I cannot recall. I cannot recall because it's it's normal for me. It's it happens in a repetitive fashion, and I don't remember the negative things happy very seldom, which is why I'm able to recall them very very clear, like it just happened yesterday, right
Speaker 2: Z.