Speaker 1: Well breaking debuts. One b girl breaks the Internet to carry to the rescue, a shocking disqualification for US men, and I am a woman a Moni Khalif makes a gold medal state.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone to this tea from Perry edition of Amy and TJ on this Saturday, August tenth. Down to the last couple of days of competition, and the US and China are now tied in the gold medal count. Both countries have thirty three gold medals, but the US is a way ahead of China in the overall metal count one hundred and eleven to China's eighty three.
Speaker 1: There were even times we were way ahead in the overall metal count and China was ahead in the gold medal count. The once track and Field started, things kind of yeah, kind of changed even down a little a little bit. But yeah, welcome everybody. We know what you're talking about is what everybody's talking about. We knew we'd be talking about breaking today, break dancing, but we didn't know that it would be this. So we're going to get into all that everybody's talking about. This is it ray Gun. I think she was actually the first because I was walking when it started and you were texting me and I didn't get to the TV until I think a couple of competitors in. She was actually one of the first I saw.
Speaker 2: Yes, same with me and yes. And I have to say this, whatever you thought of her performance, you couldn't help but smile. Some people might have been even laughing, but there was joy involved. Whatever your emotions were, I would argue that you were riveted. You couldn't stop watching.
Speaker 1: That is true, and a lot of people are still watching today.
Speaker 2: I might rewatch. I just actually suggested that later today I might be up for rewatch.
Speaker 1: It was that good good. We're gonna get it too, ray gun in a second. This morning we got into and I guess it's that crazy me, but yes, the Men's marathon was live at two am, and I got up it.
Speaker 2: Well, I woke up at two thirty and I finally came out into the living room at three something. I gave up my quest to go back to sleep. And I'm not upset about it, right because.
Speaker 1: You and I are marathon runners. We got a couple of rnathons this year, and we got a ten mile to run today, so it's so interesting to see these guys. But it's also cool to see them struggle. What I mean by that is just you can relate to what you're seeing, and we're more impressed by their feet than anybody who is a non runner. Probably, Yeah, my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, to run a marathon is hard enough, and I can't break four hours. That's what I've been trying to do. These guys are just over two hours two oh six something, I believe, and it was an Olympic record actually today in one of the toughest marathon roots, at least according to the commentators. The hills there was some extra heat. It was not optimal in terms of getting your fastest run. But just watching them run at the pace they run at, I mean, I think, I guess my marathon average is around I think it's around nine forty five or maybe a little bit better than that, maybe the nine thirties. But they are running between a four and a five minute mile for twenty six point two miles. It's unthinkable to me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look for a good way to put that into context. For people at the speed at which they're going. The fastest mile I've ever run in my life, with six minutes and twenty six seconds ever, and it was just on a random day. I wasn't going for something like this happened, and you know, feeling it that day and on that second or third mile, boom fast I've ever run in my life.
Speaker 2: When you're running like a three mile race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, two miles, there's nothing. Oh yeah, it's won the long and it wasn't sustained. This is one random ass thing. These guys are running four and five minute miles for two hours straight, and I I just it's unfathomable. You couldn't keep up with them. If they took off running outside right.
Speaker 2: Now, I could not run one mile, not even close. I couldn't run half a mile that fast. So it's so impressive. It's just and some of the guys when they came over, I mean most actually was. I was impressed. We're still walking. But some of them went straight to the medical tent. That's how hard this is.
Speaker 1: They were stumbling over. They needed medical attention. And it looked there was some sun out today and you were talking about the guys were finding shade.
Speaker 2: I know what that's like, always looking for shade.
Speaker 1: It makes it different. But the whole race, you see them getting these ice packs as they're going down at the constantly drinking water. The congrats to the guy who won. And it's a really really cool story because Robes he wasn't even supposed to be on this team. He was actually an alternate.
Speaker 2: That is so remarkable. He was an alternate because someone had to drop out, and you know, they didn't want to put him in because I guess he had had a couple races where he had issues and couldn't finish, which we all understand as well because every race is different. So they felt like he was inconsistent. They didn't necessarily want him on the team.
Speaker 1: And what a way to prove them wrong, and to actually don't prove them wrong. You're saying, actually, you didn't make a mistake by leaving me off. I got an opportunity and what I'm able to do, he was just able to I guess reconfirm he's showed them what he's actually capable of, and I don't know. It's a great story from kid from Ethiopia. Where's his name here? Tamrit Tola of Ethiopia and set on Olympic row records. So congrats to him, and it was fun to watch the other thing. You know, I've been watching every day and it's getting really close, folks. As of this recording, China has won seven out of seven diving gold medals and we got one more today, Robes. And you know I ain't gonna miss it.
Speaker 2: I know you're not. It's coming up later this morning. We've been watching the semifinals for the finals or later this morning, so I know you will be watching that.
Speaker 1: Nice to get to what everybody was talking about yesterday. We were all so excited Robes Breaking is making its Olympic debut, so it was all the buzz.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was all the buzz, and we watched a little bit apart and then we came together. But I was watching with my daughter Annalyse, and she said something right before you text it to me, there's a lot of questions as to whether or not this should be an Olympic sport. I mean, it's it was interesting to watch, and you know, people have their different opinions. That was what I think people were thinking about going into watching Breaking, but then it turned into something altogether different. When we watched one particular bee girl, but.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was new, it was fun, it was different, and clearly there's athleticism and creativity, but even to an untrained eye, which you could argue overwhelming majority of the eyes on it yesterday were untrained. I don't know what that trick is. I don't know what that trick is worth. I don't know who creative that. I don't know. But when you watched all the bee girls, one clearly stood out as not performing the same as not having the same energy, of not having the same athleticism, the same skill. She stood out, like it or not, you could tell that Raygun was different.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm laughing because the names are so funny because her name is actually doctor Rachel Gunn, and so it's just funny she goes by ray Gun. But you know, I was I was struggling a little bit with it because you know, this all happened and began in the Bronx, and some of it felt a little bit like cultural appropriation. I sent that to you because I felt a little icky watching it, like should these people be acting like this? It just felt a little strange, and it felt even stranger watching Australia's ray Gun. She just look it felt like she was posturing or corny. It just didn't feel authentic, I guess, And it stood out for that. And I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to be there and she doesn't have the resume to prove it, but it just felt corny.
Speaker 1: You know. I thought that was authentic, like I think she is authentically. Maybe she's just really white. Guess that's not a hip hop culture.
Speaker 2: I tried to do that, I would have looked probably, oh definitely.
Speaker 1: And if I'm trying to river dance, I'm probably gonna look pretty stupid.
Speaker 2: So well exactly, I mean, that's my point. Like I just did, it didn't seem like it came to her naturally.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. That's a good one because we are there are tons of folks outside of the black community and hip hop culture who are plenty of white girls and boys out there who can dance. They asses are up against anybody out there in hip hop and breaking and whatever you want to call it. True, she just didn't seem to be one of them. To an untrained eye, she stood out before anyone. Even you want to make fun of her or criticize her, you could just look at the screen and tell she was not doing what a lot of the other women were doing. She was not like the other She was not like the outfit. Even what she was wearing. It was a green and yellow, it was a full it was a flight suit, would you call it.
Speaker 2: It looked very much like a flight suit, yes.
Speaker 1: Or a groundskeeper uniform.
Speaker 2: She might have been on the tarmac directing airplanes. Yes, it had that kind of look.
Speaker 1: She owned that as well. She said, Hey, I came in. I didn't know we weren't supposed to rep our country. I didn't being sarcastic about it, but yeah, she was proud of what she was wearing. So let's get into I know you've seen memes, you've seen jokes, you've seen the videos out there, but we want to get into exactly who is this lady. So Roles, let's start at the top. Exactly who is she?
Speaker 2: Well, she has a PhD in Cultural studies. She works as a lecturer in the Department of Media, Communication, Creative Arts, Literature and Language at Macquarie University in Sydney. And I'm going to have to have you help me with one of these words because you looked it up. But according to the Australian Olympic Committee, her Areas of academic interest include dan feminist theory and something called auto ethnography.
Speaker 1: Now we decided to go ahead and put that in there because we had to look up what that is, but it is it's a type of study, academic study in which you use personal experience as a part of your data collection when you're studying particular parts of culture. So maybe she kind of I only mentioned that because it seemed to kind of go in line with who she is, what she studied, and how she ended up in breaking. So we wonder is she an experienced competitive breakdancer? And that answer is absolutely. She grew up with a dancing background I believe ballroom dancing and something and jazz dancing I believe it was, but she didn't start breaking until her mid twenties and robes, as we saw yesterday, that's kind of late to be breakdancing.
Speaker 2: Yep. And she's actually crediting her boyfriend who's now her husband, to be the one who encouraged her to first start breakdancing. And look, she has been the top ranked B girl in Australia as in number one, and she represented Australia at Breaking World Championships in twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, and she qualified for the Olympics fairly and squarely.
Speaker 1: Yes, how did she qualify? Well, she won in two thousand and three, the World Dance Sport Federation.
Speaker 2: In twenty three, two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three. So just last year the twenty twenty three World Dance Sport Federations Oceania Breaking Championships, she went up against fourteen other b girls. She won and by winning gold at that event, she punched her ticket to Paris. Now should mention that she was previously ranked number one in Australia years back. Currently she has not been a top ranked breakdancer out of Australia, but she won this competition fair and square, so she got the ticket. So how did she score in the event yesterday at the Olympics, Well she didn't.
Speaker 2: She did not score one point. She scored nothing. And the way the scoring works in breaking, the big girls go head to head for three rounds. You get a score for each round by the nine judges. They don't give you technical stores scores to be added up, but they just simply vote for which danswer they liked better in that round, and in all three rounds, Reygun did not get a single vote from any judge.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now all this has happened, she's exploded on the internet. What has she had to say about all this? While she told Yahoo's Sports afterwards quote I came into the event kind of expecting that I wouldn't get a vote in quote. She then told another outlet, I was never going to beat these girls on what they do best, the dynamic, the power moves. So I wanted to move differently, be artistic and creative because how many chances do you get in a lifetime to do that on an international stage.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and she made her mark, and you know, she made the point to say her style is different from the younger breakdancer. She's thirty six, if we didn't mention that, And so she said, I don't know if it's going to be valued as much as some of the other criteria, but she hopes people are still wowed by what she did bring because she said it is something different. Well, people certainly were wowed, and I feel like everyone who watched had an opinion and she was, if nothing else, extremely memorable.
Speaker 1: And that could be good or bad. I suppose, given that this was the inaugural event. So who knows what you're saying, But what are people saying now about her performance? A lot out there is encouraging supportive of her, calling her an inspiration. There are others out there who are very critical, just saying she didn't do a good job, or I don't know, she needs to bring up her skills, or what's going on in Australia. How does she make the cut? And then it goes to some folks who are just being downright mean and hateful. I've seen some stuff robes where folks were saying they were shamed to be an Australian. There was some stronger language out there that out there like that that goes a little too far. It's fine if you don't think she was good. She put herself out there, so criticism comms, but as always sometimes robes, things go a little too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I just it's one of those things where I think, if you can look that she she brought. She brought some headlines to the sport, maybe not the ones that they were anticipating or hoping for, but it certainly made it even more fun to watch. That's what I will say. And again so much so that I would like to personally rewatch it at some point this weekend. It was that fun to watch.
Speaker 1: And we should give her a look. I don't know all the scoring that the judges do have something there, some things they're looking for. But a big part of your score is creativity, your originality, and your personality. So you get scored on some that she had that and that was creative.
Speaker 2: It was all her own kangaroo hops for a little Australian legendary is.
Speaker 1: What that is? Legendary?
Speaker 2: Well, you just look if you want to smile and just just check her out.
Speaker 1: There are people who bring joy to the world given if they don't mean to do so, and there are so many fol we are enjoying. She made a smile. I wouldn't even say it was cringe worthy necessary.
Speaker 2: You were laughing so hard, like just enjoying it. You had tears coming down your face.
Speaker 1: The tears came from reading all the things after.
Speaker 2: And the ones that aren't mean. There are some that are just funny and lighthearted, like this is what my five year old nephew says after saying watch does after saying watch this, and then what they have up there some of the moves she's making. It very much fits the caption and it's just very funny. People are creative. I apply people who are creative and having fun with it versus being mean with it. There's a way to do it where it's you can be included. You're including her in the fun in a way without being mean spirited.
Speaker 1: Hats off to her to get out there on stage knowing she was outmatched by all these young girls. She knew going in that she's no she did, but she went out there and she was herself. I mean, I I applaud anybody who's willing to do that, and I think Australia should embrace her and be proud of her. And I don't know, everybody's talking about one of yours today and that's not a bad thing. I applaud her and she made us all smile.
Speaker 2: And Ami of Japan, she just goes by Ami.
Speaker 1: You know, she was my favorite.
Speaker 2: She was she was smooth. You liked her from the beginning. I warmed up to her and I thought she Yeah, she was just smooth and just like she was a pleasure to watch.
Speaker 1: You know what I think she did. I think she might have held some stuff back early on.
Speaker 2: That's what I think it was.
Speaker 1: She got better and better, she started getting I was like, oh, this girl can't be touched. But she was very smooth, very fun to watch. If you like. If you don't like it, what do you think about breaking? Just the event itself? What did you think?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I appreciate the spotlight to the sport and that it is an athletic and endeavor. But then I'm like, are we opening it up to ballet or we're going to open up to when you start involving dance. I don't know. It just I it's just there's a question as to what is an Olympic event and what isn't. And look, this was fun to watch. I will be we will be watching the men compete today too.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't say about breaking yet. I don't fully I don't know. I don't know if it's a yeah, it is a matter of the Olympics. Because I'm just watching breaking, I would have no issue. But on that stick, clearly there's athleticism. This is not a question of these athletes or not. No, and the moves and the tricks and the study and the practice that it takes. I'm not questioning that, but when you have someone out there like ray Gun, you then like, wait a minute, this this person's the same eating in the same cafeteria with Lebron and Carrie and right Decky and really.
Speaker 2: One of the memes was thank you Raygun for making millions of people at home feel like they too could become an Olympic athlete. So that's the one thing you wouldn't want to happen, is that becomes a mockery of what the Olympics actually are. That's it's all. That's the concern.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, oh whattal we do? But here's the thing we how this talk break dancing is not in the Olympics in twenty twenty eight in LA. It is not on the schedule. And what's after LA. It's not on the schedule for the one after that either, So we don't know when we might see it back. It could change. But they do this because they're trying to stay relevant. They're trying to get your body, trying to be relevant. But look at us, now, how much do you enjoy skateboarding? Do you question that in the Olympics?
Speaker 2: I really like, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't surfing. You question that, No, because.
Speaker 2: If anyone could do something that I couldn't possibly dream of doing, that to me should be an Olympic event.
Speaker 1: Then that's break dancing.
Speaker 2: I mean I would go with dancing of any kind if we're going to go there. Answer your question, I can't even do the Cuba shuffle.
Speaker 1: Oh well, congrass to her plenty more. She came from I am sure every day I come on here and I say, it was the moment, the best moment for me here. This was the best thing I've ever watched. And I hate to be a just sucker for the moment, but we saw something yesterday that is going to go down as one of the moments of this Olympics. And we have Shakari Richardson to thank for it because she played absolute superhero yesterday. We all witnessed it. Coming up on the last leg of the final of the women's four by one hundred relay. The US team was in third place, and then Robes they gave the batons to Shakerri and it was magic.
Speaker 2: She flat out ran down the German competitor who was in the lead significantly actually, and then she beat out the woman from Great Britain that was in second place. It was remarkable to watch she I mean down the one hundred meter stretch and in what will be one of the lasting images of the Olympics, should Carrie turned I mean and just staring down the other runners as she was crossing the finish line. It was so badass. It was so bad, you said, I hope someone took that picture and blows it up for her and she can just hang it over her bed. I mean, that is just something.
Speaker 1: It was iconic, it was and that what added to it. They were it was pouring rain.
Speaker 2: It was a downpour, so it.
Speaker 1: Added to the drama. We were worried if they were going to be able to hold on to batons, if they were going to be slick. But after what happened with her in one hundred meter, we know she is one of the two or three faces of the Olympics. All to talk about her after what happened to her not going to Tokyo, having to come back from that, everything she went through and been blazing for years getting to this moment. She didn't win the hundred She lost out to the young lad Julian and I Alfred from from Saint Lucia.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it was almost like we mentioned that last stretched that last hundred meters that she did in the four in the four by one hundred, that was her one hundred meter race that you know what I mean, she blazed past everyone else. It was just so cool to see her. It was it was I don't want to say redemption, but it was proving that she is gold metal worthy.
Speaker 1: Something about this felt even better because it was she did it for the team, right she did was a team event and she had to bail them out. Yeah, they were down, she had to chase down. I know, you always love it. But the two she chased down was a woman that was five eight and a woman that was five to seven and it comes a little five too five too to carry.
Speaker 2: Look, well, you know what that is. That is what's one of the coolest parts about it because she doesn't look like the other runners with the long legs, but she's got power and fierceness in those legs and she just propels herself in a way that I just think is it just defies expectations when you look at the physicality of all of them, and I you know, love it.
Speaker 1: I might blow that picture up and put it on the wall of her staring them down as she crossed. But congratu to them and the four one hundred meter women's relating that one goal the fellas do rotes.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that this is a fun transition. I'm gonna sum it up with one word, disqualified. But even worse, this is adding insult to injury. This was the fifth consecutive Olympics where Team USA misses the podium in the men's four by one hundred relay, So for twenty years the United States has been without a medal despite having some of the best runners in the world. That is indisputable. And it was hard to watch. And it happened almost immediately as lead runner Christian Coleman collided with Kenny Bidnarik in a botched baton pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when we were watching this live together, because they took a wider shot and on that first tall runners are together and that first exchange happened, I screamed, what the just going crazy? You're like, where are you?
Speaker 2: Was terrible eyesight. I was like, how could you see that? It was it was like a far shot and you saw you were zeroed in on on the USA.
Speaker 1: And you saw something go terrible wrong, which is what they run into each other. They've had in the past like drop batons, but these two literally bumped into each other on the track. Now again they got seventh, So even they crossed the finish line, they get seventh. You're thinking, well, that sucks, that's terrible, but it actually got worse. They were disqualified that handoff where they bumped in each other. It happened outside of the exchange on once they finally did do the handoff. So this is history repeating itself. Men's Rey late teams lost by baton pass botches two thousand and eight, twenty sixteen, Tokyo twenty twenty one. And there are questions now this morning about how this team was managed, and it has to do with Noah Lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because so the entire lineup was shuffled after Noah Lyles dropped out of the competition after he announced he had COVID nineteen. So instead of just plugging in Kyrie King, who was taking Noah's place, so just putting him in, Lyle Spot whoever, decided to switch up the entire lineup, which some believe could have led to the baton issue. Because it wasn't the order in which they had practiced running in. And one person who was very upset, American track and field legend who doesn't need any introduction, Carl Lewis. He was in the stands. You can see it on his face, but he was so pissed. Later he took it to social media. He wrote on x it is time to blow up the system. This continues to be completely unacceptable. He threw some barbs directly at the Track and Fields, the US Track and Field Association, so he was not mincing words and he said, enough is enough.
Speaker 1: Look, we losing is one thing. If a team crosses the line before you by a second fraction of a second, you still get upset. We can come back and do better when you just don't. I mean, it's the basic thing. Where is lady yesterday? All right? Hey, this is what you do fellas you run fast and then you hand the stick to the guy in front of you that's running fast as well. That's basically it. I know there's some technical stuff into practice that's involved, but we can't get a stick round a track. It was in twenty years.
Speaker 2: I know, and it was crazy because we were worried about the women because we saw the rain coming down so hard that they were going to drop the baton na. They did not. But the men, well they were literally and it was nothing to do with the ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's like the three stooges out of there.
Speaker 2: It really did kind of look like that.
Speaker 1: It was, unfortunately, but we know those guys. They worked at it and who knows what went wrong, and but we give them credit. And Kung Fu Kenney, of course, we've loved watching him throughout and he was a part of the exchange unfortunately, but something's got to be done. If Carl Lewis is saying it, we are listening.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Well, everyone was listening to the woman at the center of the gender eligibility controversy. She came out on top and she had a lot to say. Twenty five year old Amani Khalif has now become Algeria's first Olympic gold medalist in women's boxing, and she's the first boxer from that country to win gold since nineteen ninety six. She beat the world champion China's Yanglu by unanimous decision. As you might imagine, the crowd went wild, shouting her name over and over, and it was just a beautiful moment after such an ugly last several days, even weeks, because her fight outside of the ring was definitely overshadowing any of her matches inside the ring, and she had to repeatedly defend herself. Even her father got involved for her right to compete as a woman.
Speaker 1: See we that's her right to compete as a woman. You're just you're having to argue that you're a woman. That sucks, I mean, And she had to say it afterwards, that statement, I am a woman. What woman has won an event at the Olympics and part of her press conference she had to say, I'm a woman.
Speaker 2: It's sad, but I love that she was able to keep her head clear and in fact maybe even motivating her to do what she does best. But yet she I wanted to read her full statement because it's just so powerful and again to your point, the fact that she even had to say this instead of saying thank you and you know I have fought hard for this. Instead she had to say, I am fully qualified to take part in this competition. I'm a woman like any other woman. I was born a woman, I lived as a woman. I competed as a woman, There's no doubt about that. And she talks about the detractor. She says are enemies of success. That is what I call them, and that also gives my success a special taste because of these attacks. Good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm leaning back in my chair, not to the mic. I just it's been a great and the way not just the Algerian fans have embraced her, but how everybody in that arena has been embracing her. It's again, it's one of the lasting images and moments and stories of these Olympics, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there was another boxer, Lynn U Ting, who also had her gender eligibility questioned as well, along with Khalif. She is from Taiwan. She is fighting today also for gold, against a Polish competitor, so we will be watching that match as well. But she is, certainly she is. That is happening. I do have that written down. I'm sorry, but that's when it's happening. And I, oh, it's happening at three thirty Eastern time this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Well, we're losing a step here, baby. I was trying to I was trying to keep from interrupting you by saying what time is it? In case you didn't know, That's why I didn't say anything, and that's pointed to my read watch. And then you made moves, but it still stopped you. And I was trying to keep you from stopping.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't do two things that way.
Speaker 1: But good for the IOC. They keep coming out and saying these women are eligible, leave them alone, and that's the end of it. So we'll be watching for the possible second gold medal in all this.
Speaker 2: Placet Yeah, and we want to oh, I want to give a shout out. We watched this yesterday too. Twenty one year old Olivia Reeves, who won the United States first Olympic weightlifting gold medal in twenty four years, also setting an Olympic redal record with that medal, And you got to love it when you get the gold and you also set a record, and she did both of those things. And this is just the second Olympic gold medal for Team USA since women were even allowed to compete in the event in two thousand. So this is a rarity and she hopes it brings shines of spotlight on USA weightlift.
Speaker 1: Weightlifting another thing we've been enjoying watching when they're struggling to keep that thing off and they're shaking. Oh, some of them fall off the stage. Oh.
Speaker 2: I've been on the edge of my seat watching both the men's and the women's. It's and a lot of these people, men and women, are lifting double their body weight. It's unthinkable to me. Again, something I could never imagine ever being able to do.
Speaker 1: Well, could you ever imagine us? This is what we do now, Hey babe, make sure you get here by eight fifteen. Weightliftings on right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've said things we've never said to each other before we are watching Olympics.
Speaker 1: But this has been fun. This has been fun. So today is a huge day. We're planning it all around. So we're about to head out here shortly going to You can catch us on Park Avenue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lafayette as he turns into Park. Yeah. So it's cool. We actually our friend Matt James, we ran into him running the other day and he was like, are you all going to run on this streets in New York? And we're like, what's that? Sadly, I've lived here for more than twenty years and I don't know basic things about the city. But they open up several stretches of streets in all five burroughs for pedestrians, runners, bikers, whatever, no cars allowed. And it's an awesome opportunity, especially for those of us training for marathons, to have a new running path that we would never ordinarily get to run. So we're gonna run through the streets of Manhattan here in a little bit. We actually have a little of a break today. We only have to run ten miles and next weekend's fifteen miles, so we're about to go do that. But the watching the men's marathon today was such an awesome inspiration. And by the way, if you didn't get up at one thirty in the morning to watch, you can rewatch it at ten thirty Eastern time. It really is an awesome thing to be able to see and witness. And we're kind of planning everything around getting the run done in time to be ready for eleven am Eastern time, where the US women soccer team gold medal match plays Brazil.
Speaker 1: Most watch and Brazil is beautiful. They are so beautiful to watch.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: This is fun because we have that going on, and then at ten am. Right before that, the men's breaking as we just talked with, that's their prelims. But two pm is the finals, so I think we'll probably end up watching soccer and then the finals.
Speaker 1: Wonderful Australia has any male I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I can't wait to find out the platform diving. Men's platform diving, which I know you're really excited about, is at nine am. I'm luckily all of these big events in these finals are oftentimes replayed and you can find them throughout the day, which is what we've had to do sometimes. Track and field final day of competition starting at one thirty this afternoon Eastern time. I'm excited about the women's fifteen hundred meter final. You've got more relay finals men and women's four by four hundred, the men's eight hundred meter final, the men's high jump final, the women's javelin throw final. Oh I love this one, the women's one hundred meter hurdles. Just, I mean, so many really excited things to watch. Then three thirty Eastern time, we have Team USA men's basketball final versus home country France.
Speaker 1: This is kind of perfect. This is set up perfectly. The team everybody wants to be versus the home team, which is quite quite good. This is gonna this is not a you know what, They're gonna blow these guys out. I bet they blow Frants out. I think it's gonna be a close match. And I know weben Yama, but they got too much pride to Yeah, I'm predicted easy win. All right.
Speaker 2: It was so three thirty is basketball, but it's also boxing that we just mentioned. We've got lin U ting fighting at three thirty, and then just all the other events that I know are so important to so many people, but lots of everything's a final today. It's one of the last days of competition. So water polo women going for the bronze. USA women table tennis, it's China versus Japan, the women's team finals. We've been watching some sports climbing. There's finals there, rhythmic gymnastics finals, and ta is competing in the artistic swimming, duo finals, synchronized swimming. So there's something for everyone today, and really this is one of the last days, so it's gonna be a fun day of sitting in front of the TV after our ten miles.
Speaker 1: It's the weekend. I know, folks have a loves going on during the week because is your last chance to see some of the greatest athletes, some of the greatest performances. So enjoy. We certainly have been, and we will today as well. But we always appreciate you listening in to us. I guess we got how many of these left too. We'll have them tomorrow. We have one Monday.
Speaker 2: Maybe and that's it. So yeah, we have two more editions of Tea from Parie. But thank you for listening as always, and we'll see you tomorrow.