Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight. From Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: We are back with George Swimmer, the author of Oswald and Kennedy The Whole Story, and previous to that he published Doppelganger, The Legend of Lee Harvey Oswald. So I want to play a little I'll call it a little game here. George called which Oswald is which? So I'm just going to run by some sort of pivotal moments in the Oswald timeline and you just we don't have to get too deep into each one, but just tell so we can track, you know, who's who here. You mentioned this one already. We talked about Camp Pendleton in San Diego. Which Oswald is training as a marine at Camp Pendleton in San Diego in nineteen fifty seven? Is it Lee or Harvey?
Speaker 3: Harvey is the Marine Corps base. And based on some information, I believe that Lee was at the language school. I don't know which service runs at, but he was at this language school in southern California and learning Spanish. And the reason that I'm saying that is a deduction. But later on I found information that he was in he spoke fluent Spanish and so he didn't study Spanish in high school and he had no background in Spanish. So the only thing I can assume him is that he spent the last year in the Marine Corps learning how to speak Spanish because he was going to work with the anti Castro exiles in Florida and in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: So Harvey is at Camp Pendleton. Lee is at Langley, Okay? So which Oswald arrives in Japan in September fifty seven and stationed at Sugi Air Force Base Lee? That's Lee, Okay? Which? And do we know in September fifty seven? Where is Harvey at?
Speaker 3: Do we know? I'm not actually sure because there was a lot of material. Anybody who's interested in that, they can read John Armstone's Armstrong's book Harvey and Lee. What happened was Harvey joined the Marines the same time that Lee did, even though Harvey was a year younger. You look at his photograph and he looks like a little kid. But anyway, both she and Lee were trained in radar, and apparently basic training and training and radar triok about a year and then for some reason I can't figure out what they pulled them out of the Marines, and Harvey went back to New Orleans and he was working there for I don't know, eight or ten months, just an ordinary job. And then he came back into the Marines and he showed up around October of that year, and that's when he switched identities with lee Is after he finished a job in New Orleans and went back into the Marines. And that was in the fall of nineteen. I guess it was fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, which Oswald departs the United States in nineteen fifty nine by way of I think he went from England to Helsinki to his final destination in the Soviet Union in fifty nine.
Speaker 3: I was, yeah, well that was Harvey and he was doing what he was told, which is being a so called defector and then positively double ash.
Speaker 2: And so Harvey marries Marina Oswald and Moscow in April of sixty one.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't think you've met her in Moscow. I think he married her in Minsk.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, right, you're right, Minsk. Sorry, So, and that.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is there any point? I mean, obviously you found instances where there was a Harvey is one in one location and Lee's in another. I mean, you can't have too. Lee Harvey Oswald's in two different locations at the same time. Aren't they starting to I mean, aren't they risking tripping themselves up? Isn't someone gonna say, wait a minute, you said that Lee Harvey Oswald was or Harvey was in Minsk, and but he was over here, you know, in Fort Worth or New Orleans or wherever. Aren't they gonna aren't they risking tripping themselves up or exposing this operation?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: See, one on one. One of the characteristics of any intelligence service is to create confusion, and so they're perfectly happy to confuse people. And so a lot of times when the Warrant Commission would get contradictory facts, they'd say, oh, well, you know, that's just a witness who is a misidentifying this latter or other thing. I'll let me mention one thing to you that shows you what goes on Harvey with the New Orleans and one of the things he was tasked to do by the CIA, he was helping to develop a cancer. This is crazy, but the CIA wanted to create a cancer, fast acting cancer and use it to kill Castro. Now, this is one of those any ideas that the CIA had during the fifties and sixties. Anyway, he was a doctor called doctor Mary Sherman, and she was a very well known physician and she was in charge of doing this. So Harvey's a job wasn't very much, you know, we just he killed some mice to get the cancer cells and so on. Anyway, they did find out they did find a quick killing cancer, and so that Harvey supposedly he was tasked with taking these cancer cells and a special container to Mexico City. And now these cells are very delicate, and so he couldn't get on a bus and go to Mexico City. So I am assuming that he was flown there, and I'm making a guess he was flown there in some planes that were all owned by oil companies, because there's very clearly some millionaire oil and were involved one way or another with this thing. So Harvey he went to Mexico City supposedly to go and hand off these cancer cells to somebody who would take it to Cuba and then somehow they would inject it in Castro and he died of this cancer. I mean, it's a looney thing, but they were serious about it. Okay, Nobody knows about that except his lover. He had a lover in the New Orleans Judith Barry Baker. Yes, and she's the one who wrote in her book that he went to Mexico City by plane. Apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is also covered in Sorry, George, I think it's also covered in Doctor Mary's Monkey by Edward Haslam.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, but on the record quote Lee, Harvey Oswald, which actually had to be Lee, went from I'm not sure if he started from Dallas, but anyway he went. He went to He went to mexic Pro City on two different buses. And while he was on that bus, the second bus, he started talking to a couple of young women and he told them he'd been in Russia, and then he pulled out a past passport with Russian stamps on it. Now, the only problem with that is that Harvey Oswald had gotten a new passport in New Orleans about a month before, so Hardy must have turned in his old passport and the CIA gave it to Lee. Now, if you go, if you look in my book, and then you can look online, there's a lot of other pictures. There are many pictures, including the IDs, A couple of IDs and so on that people claim was Lee Harvey Oswald. But people who have done a photo analysis say that the right side of the pictures is the right side of Lee's face and the left side of the picture is the left side of Harvey's face. And I have some of those photographs in my book. So anyway, Lee was on this bus and he had this Russian passport, so we know there are two different people, ones on a bus and oness on a plane.
Speaker 2: Fascinating back to which Oswald is which which Oswald is distributing Fair Play for Cuba pamphlets in New Orleans in sixty early sixty three.
Speaker 3: That was Harvey. And I once ran across a vague mention that Harvey had actually given out these pamphlets in Dallas for I don't know, it was just a very brief period, but I couldn't find anything more on that. It was just a mention somewhere by someone. But anyway, he did it in New Orleans. Now, this is where the thing gets very confusing but very interesting. When Harvey came back from Russia, he didn't do anything. He got a job paying a dollar twenty five cents an hour U and that was a very very medial job. Well, then then he was asked to come to Dallas by a Russian named George lawn Shilder. I don't want to get that about launch story. And then after he got to Dallas, eventually he was sent to New Orleans. As you mentioned. Now the thing about New Orleans is aren't interesting because he was doing a couple of legitimate intelligence intelligence work down in New Orleans and at the same time he was being set up by the conspirators to be a pants a patsy. Now the handing out the pamphlets want to set him up as a castro loving patsy. He handed out the leaflets, he got on radio, he got on television, he got arrested, and so he was. He was known in New Orleans as a quote castro unquote. That was his second personality. And the guy, the guy that was in charge Balls, his name was David Philip. David Philip I can't think it was last night for right now, but anyway, he was in charge of Harvey. And so what the original persona was a Russian Russian loving defector, and then he goes to New York and he adds to it a castro loving person. And actually when he was in the last year he was in the Marines, he told people that he was planning to go and join Castro's army. So anyway, those are the those are the things that he was being set up with. The legitimate things he was doing was he was doing this cancer helping with the cancer research. Then he was he was involved in some way or another with training the Cuban exiles. And I spoke back to the question you had of it is one day I met each other. There's a photograph. It's only something that somebody told about. I couldn't find that. Nobody, nobody knows what it is. But anyway, this photograph, which the government probably has, showed Harvey and Olshold and David Attlee Phillips.
Speaker 2: And the yeah that was the handler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that time that both both Oswald's were at that particular camp helping him train. So by that time both of them knew each other.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a second, you're saying that somewhere there is in existence a photograph showing Harvey and Lee Oswald, the two doppel gangers in the same photograph.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I read. You know, I haven't seen it. I can only tell you that somebody claimed that there was a photograph and the government has it.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the Texas Book Depository building. Harvey is hired to work there.
Speaker 3: Or is it Lee Harvey is? And actually, you know he's hired in name only because Harvey had three jobs when he came back from Russia. Had the first job I mentioned earlier. Then he had a job in New Orleans, and then he had this job in Dallas, and all three jobs were arranged for him by the CIA, So you know, it was a normal hire, and that shout was very Baker said that Harvey told her that the so called superintendent of the Texas School but repository knew that Harvey was an informer for the FBI. So you know, if you want to get into that, there's a lot of funny stuff going on with the Texas School Books topauditory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before that, I got one more, Which Oswald is which, and that has to do with that famous photograph in the backyard of well whichever. Oswald was living at two hundred and fourteen West Neely Street in Dallas, where he's holding the Manlika the Menlca carcano rifle in one hand and he's got the two communist or socialist newspapers in the other. Is that Harvey or is that Lee? It's an either one oh of the plot sickens.
Speaker 3: It's a phony picture. They superimposed the face of Harvey from the lifts up onto another figure, and the people who've analyze the photograph, I believe the figure is a police photographer, and you can tell there's something wrong with it. I don't want to get too all the technicogy details, but the shadows are all wrong. And what is the most obvious thing is when you enlarge the photographs, which I was able to do on my computer, I could see with the naked eye. You don't need to analyze anything. You can see that in Harvey's booking photo in Dallas, his chin is almost to a point, very narrow, narrow chin, and there's very little at the very bottom of the shin. And you look at the picture on the so called backyard photo and the chin is square and it's quite wide, so you can tell immediately that it's not the same chin. And there's lots of other things I didn't want to get into, but there are people of written articles and books about all the things that are wrong with a photograph, and I think every researcher agrees at this point that this is a pony photograph. I also theorized that this building where the photograph was taken was a CIA safehouse and it was used because they had a backyard which was protected and they could go and use the backyard to make the picture.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more