Speaker 1: Don't tell me I got this. It's weird. It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 2: One more thing.
Speaker 1: Elon announced that Grock.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you all have noticed this, but if you have any of the chatbots, you gotta update them on like practically daily. They put out new versions so often, so if you want the very latest, that works the best. Because I noticed them slowing down, and it's usually because I haven't updated it in like two days, because they're constantly updating them. Anyway, Elon announced that Grock four point two is the only non woke AI platform out there, claiming it delivers straight answers where chat gptquaud Gemini equivocate on political questions about America and Trump. I haven't noticed that, but I don't. I never asked anything about politics on the chatbots, so I wouldn't notice it. I asked about literature and motorcycles and guitars and child rearing, but I haven't asked any politicals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm so used to bias that I think if I did ask a historical question, I would say, oh, that's biased.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly where my mind goes. I'm like there's no point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I might ask, you know what to.
Speaker 2: How long did Grover Cleveland serve blah blah blah, And then you know when it says America's settler colonialism also increased, I think right that few, but I got the infos after so.
Speaker 3: I use the chatbots every day for a variety of things. Every day. It's become a part of my life. Here's something Charles CW. Cook tweeted out though the other day he was complaining about the friendly nature. I must have turned mine off at some point, or it caught on that I don't like that or something, because I know early on when I was using these, they would talk to me in a very calm, hey buddy, what you do in sort of way that was very off putting.
Speaker 1: You've talked about that, Katie. Did you tell it to stop?
Speaker 4: How did you know?
Speaker 3: But anyway, Charles CW. Cook wrote, people focus on chat GPT's annoyingly obsequi personality, but the more annoying feature, in my view, is that it treats everything it tells you. However basic has the key or the tricky part, or where it gets complex, or the things people misunderstand. And I have had that a lot, yeah, he said, and then I put the bread into the toaster. Yes, And this is the part that surprises people, you know, that is the way they talk to you, and it's so weird.
Speaker 5: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Well, that's exactly what she just said to me.
Speaker 3: Is what Groc would say to me if I say, okay, so you think maybe I should uh, I don't know, back off on the discipline at the point.
Speaker 1: Excellent point. And now here's the tricky part. Good talking to me like that it's weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I get that they want it to be a comfortable and human ish interface, but they were shot thing the tech exactly. The thing the tech geeks don't get is that unless and again, what percentage of the population answers this description. I don't know unless you are a bit of a wow I could do you find it weird and off put it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: But what percentage is that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: When I just people like us, or do sixty three percent of people think this is wonderful?
Speaker 4: It talks to me like a human.
Speaker 3: The example I used when I was asking Groc about I was going to a meeting where I was going to have an interaction with a salesperson that I asked Groc about something and Groc said, you got this, let me know how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm revisiting one of my chat GPT because I have a file that's just for pregnancy and IVF and all that stuff. And I mentioned something that was going on the other day and it said I'm right here with you and.
Speaker 1: That sort of stuff. Don't say you got this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then I wrote back, okay, and I said I was gonna do what it recommended, and then I asked another question. It answered it and said, you've been doing such a good job taking care of yourself and the baby. Take it easy for a bit, let your body recalibrate. I'll be right here. Check back in with me in a little bit and let me know how you're feeling.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, that's sort of thing. There's some of that that I gets.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's an ongoing conversation, ongoing problems to solve.
Speaker 1: That's it work. But yeah, that's okay, right, but you yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I got you in my hand, so let me check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the app that you are is still on my phone, so yes, you're here from me.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got one ongoing one about a particular relationship situation that I've been using for quite a while. And what's funny about it is because it's not alive, it's not a sentient being. I can check in with it like two months later and it responds like, you know, we were talking about this five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it doesn't know how much time it's gone. You know what weird?
Speaker 5: I will say, though, these things are awesome for saying, hey, I have of file of salmon this, that, this in the refrigerator. What can I do?
Speaker 1: Put it in? Wonder?
Speaker 5: It exactly smoothies, But it'll give me a series of recipes in different ways to do it.
Speaker 1: That I love. I've heard that. I've heard people say that, yeah, I've got to get better a lot.
Speaker 3: I guess you can take a picture of your fridge and it will just tell you what you should make with all that.
Speaker 4: Right, I've heard.
Speaker 1: That I haven't done that.
Speaker 4: That's cuckoo nuts, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We as part of our remodel I've been talking about, we built like an outdoor kitchen, like a nice built in drill and a sink and a little fridge there and all but The problem is I'm going to be expected to cook now because and I have to to justify what I spent on this grill. But so I've got to get hip to AI as a menu provider because I you know.
Speaker 4: It's partly being old school.
Speaker 2: It's also partly that I like to be able to see an entire page at once with the ingredients and the instructions and the timing and everything. So I like cookbooks or printing out an online recipe. I don't want to have to scroll up and down, especially through effing ads, to remind myself of oh do I hold out a third of it to put on the meat later?
Speaker 4: You know that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: So the the trick to that is, once it gives you a recipe that you want, ask it to put it into a printable PDF, and then it'll give you the file and you just download it and print it. Because I'm the same way, I can't do the scrolling and then goes to sleep.
Speaker 1: So you can just say to it, make this a printable PDF. Yeah you can do that with anything on this she can. I just never thought of it, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it turns it into a file and then I download it and print.
Speaker 2: It, but but call it bitch. Give me a printable PDF, bitch, Yeah, thanks you bitch. Hey, would this work if I used lamb instead of beef?
Speaker 4: Bitch?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 4: What would happen if you did that?
Speaker 2: I don't would it be like, hey, dude, you know, happy to help you with the recipe, but why the verb would be what's your fin problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, you want to fight me back?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I'd love to try that.
Speaker 2: But and I understand that you can edit your past interactions, but I'm afraid it's keeping a file of that sort of thing now, because you remember, at the beginning of the new year, it gave us all a report on our searches from last year, including a poem about us and describe I remember it described my interactions or searches as.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: It was friendly but formal. Yeah, that sort of thing I don't want to write. And down calls me bitch all the time. I think he's a psycho.
Speaker 5: I wonder if you can do that just for like a day, and then the next day'd be like, hey, sorry, I was having a real rough day and I took it out on you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it holds a grudge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll probably forgive you and then, you know, call you moody at the end of the year, or tell it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm really sorry I kept calling you bitch. Yesterday my son was gored by wild hogs and he's clinging to life. But anyway, back to my golf swing, I keep pulling it left. Do you have any idea, you know, don't you bitch?
Speaker 1: Sorry about the wild hogs. You've got this. Let me know how the swing goes.
Speaker 4: I'm here for you.
Speaker 3: So you got a fancy grill? Has there ever been a wider gap between two people the your grill and my grill? If you've seen pictures of my grill I've got. I think the cheapest grill you can buy. It was I think it was eleven dollars. This was before inflation. I think it was eleven dollars. It's about the size of a basketball, and it sits on the ground. It's a lot bigger than a basketball, but not a lot. You can't cook more than like three hammergers at once.
Speaker 4: Yea, I will on the ground too.
Speaker 2: I will not, even under pain of torture, admit what I spent on my open air cooking system I'm sorry. Open air culinary system. Oh, they don't even call it an F and grill.
Speaker 4: It's difficult to justify my grill.
Speaker 1: My girl's pretty sad. It's just above a stick, only slightly.
Speaker 5: Joe, do you have like the hole set up where you've got like the fridge outside for the MoMA.
Speaker 4: Oh man in like a couch and a TV.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid if I ever had something like that, somebody might come over. See that's my concern. See, I'm counting on it. What if somebody came over, then what do I do? I got to talk to someone. That sounds horrific.
Speaker 1: I remember you buying a grill jack and the handles literally caught fire. That's true. I remember that what was going on there.
Speaker 3: I remember that it caught fire somehow, and I remember exclaiming at the time, this is a poorly made grill. If it catches on whilst you're cooking. It had wooden handles and somehow they caught a flame. It might be the same grill. And now I just have the metal sticks coming out the side.
Speaker 4: See money, Good god.
Speaker 1: I do look like a hobo when I'm grilling burgers in the backyard.
Speaker 2: I've got a rotisserie system with an infrared heat element.
Speaker 5: Oh stop, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, listen to this, Katie. You know the grill is like the grate is divided in two. I can take out one of the greats and pop in a fryer, put oil in the bottom, and like, do French fries in it.
Speaker 5: You're really gonna have to get on that cooking game.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, I know, I What have I done?
Speaker 3: I could show up to an underpass with my grill and the other homeless methatics would probably come over to me and say, oh, dude, sorry, man, can I give you a couple of bucks?
Speaker 1: Here it is, I'm looking. You can use my grill if you want. They didn't feel sorry for me.
Speaker 5: Can't your grill set up right now? Jack went back into the into the archive.
Speaker 1: Of my pictures. Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 5: There's there's no handles on it for starters, so you probably they them off altogether.
Speaker 1: Do you have to sit down to cook?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 4: I mean, is it on the ground?
Speaker 1: I have I either bend over a kind of lag. Hey brother, I mean see, you're even worse off than me.
Speaker 4: Here's here's your last fifty cents.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 1: I mean the burgers look good. Yeah, the two you can cook at a time.
Speaker 5: Because this spatula on the freaking driveway, you know, it's just yeah.
Speaker 2: I really spatula on the driveway. I remember being controversial at the time.
Speaker 4: Where am I going to put it?
Speaker 1: I'm cooking on the ground, on the plate that's right next to this. I suppose I could do that.
Speaker 4: Oh it's good.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if I leave, hey, how about you ask chat GPT where can I put this spatula?
Speaker 1: Why is there motor oil in my burger?
Speaker 3: Sometimes if I leave for a second, like to go get the cheese or something, come back and there's hand it's all over everything.
Speaker 1: That's a problem. Oh my god, it's just yeah, this might be why you get sick.
Speaker 3: We could be I suppose and get my kids taken away with this talk. CPS will show up my house. We heard about your grill. Give us your kids.
Speaker 2: I'm making lamb kebabs and couscouss on my open air culinary system.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'll be thinking of you. Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.