Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two.
Speaker 2: This Tuesday, Dan and the Dan It's Dan Patrick Shaw, come on in, stay a while, talk some football. Former NFL quarterback now podcaster Chase Daniel will join us coming up in a little bit. Also, don't believe the headlines TNT in the NBA and are they close to a deal there. We'll have more on this story coming up, because it felt like TNT was on the outside looking in, and then late yesterday got word that maybe TNT matching the offer from Amazon. So then Shaq and Charles and Kenny and Ernier back in the mix here. I don't think the headline is real. I don't think it's accurate. But we'll try to dig down on that a little deeper here to separate the fact from fiction. Here, I think it's I think it's false hope right now. But we'll have more on this coming up. Stat of the Day has always brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program.
Speaker 3: And let the Games begin.
Speaker 2: Coming up on Friday, the Olympic Games on Peacock and NBC. Congratulations to the Miami Heat raised the banner they won the summer league. Yeah, okay, it's mattering. Okay, Okay, there's a couple things that I like. I like in the summer league where you have these alternative uniforms. Now, I don't know if I could purchase said uniforms. Memphis' uniforms last night look pretty tasty there, but they have the names underneath the jersey numbers, and I thought, all right, I'm kind of in on this, but I don't know if there's enough of a need or a call desire for summer league merchandise. Now, if this was the Lakers or the Knicks, then you would probably have, you know, the availability there of buying these uniforms. But Miami wins, and I don't know if I can buy merchandise from the summer league last night.
Speaker 4: I don't want to bum you out, Dan, but I've done a deep dive this morning. Shockingly. Can you buy summer league uniforms in the NBA? I don't think you can. I cannot find it on the league website, any of the league's partners for gear, nor on the team websites. Can you buy current summer league jerseys? I found a few on eBay, but those are just players selling their own years later.
Speaker 3: A huge mistake, huge mistake not selling them.
Speaker 5: The players can sell them wherever they want on eBay, their league not selling them is a huge me that's a misstumport.
Speaker 4: I can find them nowhere and also on the Miami Heat website. You think their team would be ready with Summer League champions gear. None to be found.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we did make a Memphis Grizzly Summer League champ t shirt a couple of years ago. It sold out. I think we sold twelve of them something like that. Yeah, but we sold all of them. But Heat beat the Grizzlies in overtime. Now, the interesting part here is in overtime. I wasn't aware of this, but it's one twelve, one twelve, and then they go first team to one twenty wins and I go, okay, I like this. And then Miami at the b buzzer to win the Summer League. Well not at the buzzer, because it was whoever gets to one twenty first. But Josh Christopher scored twenty four, one of three Heat players with at least twenty. Scottie Pippen Junior, the third, had another big night. He had twenty nine points and eleven assists. Yes, Pom, would you guys.
Speaker 4: Be in favor of this, this rule where you put a number out. Let's say an NBA game it ends at one ten, one ten, and they make it one twenty no clock, you get one time out. Doesn't up the tension.
Speaker 2: I like it, but then I just don't want to trick up all of our sports.
Speaker 4: You're guaranteed a game winner, like the buzzer, has to end on something, whether it's a free throw or adult maybe win by two. It fell refreshing, It felt refreshing last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like, you know, the runner on second base to start extra innings.
Speaker 3: I didn't really need that.
Speaker 2: They certain things that we add that I don't know if we need to add.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not unlike tennis, say right, Tennis sort of has like a set. You don't just run out of time or you don't get through the innings. You get a set number of points and then you win. Theoretically, it's timeless. Yes, it's timeless. Yeah, guess Baron.
Speaker 6: The NBA also game had that a couple of years where it had to end on some type of shot, so it made it a little bit more interesting. Than it normally is. So they might as well just go back to that exhibition games some league games. Let's try it, especially in overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I wasn't aware of it until I was and I was like, all right, I like this, Hey, they can win it on this possession.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, Ton.
Speaker 7: Still it's exciting if someone hits like a big three point and it hits that number. But then when it's a foul shot, it just seems kind of lame if a game would kind of end abruptly on a foul.
Speaker 3: Shot, but it didn't end on a free throw. This one didn't.
Speaker 7: But moving forward, if that's the rule.
Speaker 3: But then, but how much pressure is on that free throw? Correct? Yes, yes, tout Yeah, but.
Speaker 7: If you're up one nineteen, one twelve, I don't know how much pressure is on I'd better hit this foul shot or are they going to score the next eight points on us?
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't give me the scenario.
Speaker 7: He's obviously saying, if it's a tight game, or if there's some breathing room to miss that.
Speaker 2: Feusco, thank you to all right, we'll talk some football coming up. Chase Daniel will join us the Packers. Jordan Love a hold in. He's going to get paid. The question is when are they going to pay him?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 2: Probably fifty million dollars a year. I think he's going to get more than Trevor Lawrence. And we have more of a sample size with Trevor Lawrence, not that we I don't know if it's I thought he would be better and he didn't have a great you know, third year Jordan Love. This is his third year in the league, but it's his first year playing and he I'd like to have a little bit more of a sample site. Especially when you're giving out that kind of money, you can't miss, Like, there's no room for error here. You can make a mistake drafting a quarterback in the first round. You can't make a mistake if you're going to extend your quarterback, if you're going to give him that kind of money, because what it does, it could be devastating to the rest of your roster if you look at salary cap implications and just trying to get out from underneath something like that. But by all accounts, looks like Jordan Love is going to get his contract extended. Poll question from hour one is what seton? Thank you for downloading the app, watching it on peacock if you are and our radio affiliates around the country, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: All right, Seaton, if you were betting USA men's basketball will stroll to a gold medal or finish silver or bust. Right now, fifty eight percent of the audience have a gold medal. Okay, not only have, but they'll walk to the gold medals, not even close walking. Yes, Okay, we're going to switch things up for hour two to If you were the Packers, how would you handle Jordan Love.
Speaker 3: You're paying the man a monster deal. You're letting him sit.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: You still you have leverage because he has a contract. But this is where the goodwill takes over. You don't want this to be a distraction during the season if he doesn't have his contract, like Dak, if he goes into this season he doesn't have his contract. It's every single day, it's every single press conference, it's every good game, it's every bad game. Micah Parsons c D Lamb every game, great game, bad game, win, lose. It's always going to be there, and that's what you're trying to eradicate.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like the Chiefs the Chiefs are what will stand in the way of the Chiefs three peating because they've had things off the field so far. On the field, they'll take care of business now. My only concern with the Chiefs is the same concern I had last year. The defense was really the strength of the team. The offense needs to keep up and that's what I need to find out if you're going to have enough offense here. But Checko is good. You got worthy rookie there. You stub Travis Kelcey. But then Rashid Rice, you know he's drag racing. I mean, there's a couple of things your kicker gets involved in controversy, Harrison Butker commencement speech. Those are the things that kind of rear its ugly head. But as far as winning three peating, here's Chris Jones, the Chiefs defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: I think Chason history is all part of it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: You know, when a lot of players retire, they always say they want to lead a game better than when they started. You know, if we can get this three peat and just continue to add adding to the legacy of the Kansas City Chiefs, I think it'd be a huge accomplishment. Not only for us, but for the NFL.
Speaker 2: All right, more likely to threepeat the Chiefs or Yukon men's basketball. Now, the Las Vegas Aces I think have won back to back too, so they'd be going.
Speaker 3: For a three peat as well.
Speaker 2: But more likely let's say the Chiefs and Yukon men's basketball.
Speaker 3: Marvin, the Chiefs. Wow, you said more likely?
Speaker 2: Okay, your job is to be objective, even with your alma mater, Okay.
Speaker 7: Todd, I'm going to say that Yukon Husky is over the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Man the toughye Yukon m Seaton.
Speaker 5: Well, the last time it happened in either it's been a hell of a long time.
Speaker 3: It was John Wooden UCLA.
Speaker 2: I think the last time you had a three pet in college basketball in the NFL. Yeah, the Packers in the mid sixties went back to back to back. Now I'm going to say the Chiefs as well. Okay, I'm gonna go Chiefs because of the number of teams that I think can beat them. Like, they're in a bad division, so they should have pretty impressive record. And I'm still like, who's stepping up there? Like, are the best teams in the NFC? Are the Eagles and the Niners, and are they the two best teams in football? I know that you got the Bengals might be competitive again or stealers. You can throw them in the mix to Buffalo, like, I'm not quite sure who's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be that man.
Speaker 2: They're they're great, They're going to challenge the Chiefs here, So I would say the Chiefs. There's far more schools in men's college basketball than there are teams in the NFL. And I don't know what Dan Hurley's doing roster wise, but you know he tends to get the player that he wants. Maybe haven't heard of him, but then you eventually hear from him. Yes, Paul, is.
Speaker 4: The last three peat in major sports? The Lakers nine to two? Is that the last three peat of any sport? I can't think anyone else. I think that would be it, Okay, Phil Jackson, the guys, I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, jud.
Speaker 7: I just think that once they're in the tournament, I could see Yukon, even against some of the best teams, as they get closer, can win six games faster than the Chiefs will win a divisional playoff game and a championship game and a Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl Yukon doesn't have a Patrick Mahomes. That's the difference. Like they've had interchangeable parts, and you know they're player's first round draft picks.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs always have Patrick Mahomes. Nobody else has him in any of these other sports. When you're winning a championship, they have Patrick Mahomes like it used to be they have Lebron or that team has co or Mike or whoever it is, they have Patrick Mahomes, just like the Patriots had Brady. There's very few players in a team sport where you go comes down to that guy. You'll take that guy. Let me see Jim and idaho, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Dan boys?
Speaker 10: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hi Jim? Hey Dan?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm wanted to comment on remark Martin made a little bit ago.
Speaker 3: About HR at there at the DP Show.
Speaker 10: After listening to the show for many, many years, I can assure you that the DP Show probably violates every conventional HR policy known to mankind. But you know, no problem, that's content right. One key example I think was a segment a few years ago celebrating Phoebe Case's birthday, and PAULI had a Hall of Fame dropped the mic one liner of all time. Check the archives, Marvin, I'll kick back and listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, PAULI, do you remember your Hall of Fame dropped the mic line with Phoebe Kate's getting out of the swimming pool.
Speaker 4: I wish I did. I mean, you know how much I love Phoebe Kate's. Well, hello, we all do it. Yes, I even an opinion. It's a fact. She's awesome. Yeah, we gotta go back and find it unless it's dangerous.
Speaker 3: Was that the song? Was it moving in stereo? Moving?
Speaker 2: And I think I saw her in New York. I wasn't quite sure, and I was with my wife, but I didn't want to, like, act too excited that that was Phoebe Kate's. But I think it was her with Kevin Klein, her husband, And uh, it was weird. She was getting out of a pool and her top was off. And I said, I think that's Phoebe Kate.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just joking about that.
Speaker 2: And I do think I saw her in New York. I think Kevin still does a lot of theater stuff.
Speaker 6: Yep, yes, Marvin, Now I have PAULI, Phoebe Kate's here, But I don't want to play it yet. I just want to see should I play it or should we just save it for the next segment.
Speaker 2: Well, I got Chase Daniel coming up. Give me a little more volume, you know how cute? I Oh my god, Judge Reinholmes, arguably the greatest scene in the movie cinema history. Okay, okay, all right, Marvin, give me Paulie's Hall of Fame. Drop the mic line about Phoebe Kate's in Fast Time?
Speaker 3: Is it Richmond High.
Speaker 4: Phoebe Kate's or Rebecca de mornay here's the song?
Speaker 2: Wow, Judge Reinhold in the bathroom watching, Yeah you are brand.
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is this the movie inception? You knew who auditioned for that part? All of us at one time. That is a great line.
Speaker 3: Good line.
Speaker 2: That is a great line. Rebecca d mornay had her run too.
Speaker 4: You're not downplaying it? Are you in risky business? You're downplaying Rebecca. The tone in your voice was almost downplaying.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I had the bad moment with her.
Speaker 4: I know, but that's I thought.
Speaker 3: I went to college with her.
Speaker 4: But objectively she was awesome.
Speaker 3: She was, Yes, it is. I don't know about now.
Speaker 4: But uh, it's like saying Dan Marino is not a great quarterback anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not Joe Montana.
Speaker 7: That was quite a ride on the train back then.
Speaker 4: It was yes, it was yes, I've been on the L train in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Is never like that ever.
Speaker 8: I'm not close disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take Phoebe Kate's in that moment over Rebecca and the de Mornes.
Speaker 4: That's like, uh man, that's a Kareem versus Jordan better career.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break here, Come on, focus, let's go focus here.
Speaker 7: Come on, you gotta watch the hand that rocks the cradle before you decide for sure what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't want a woman like that. She's going to kill you. I don't need that. Bbe Kate's not gonna kill you with love, kindness. Let me take a break. Chase Daniel former NFL quarterback Will John It's always great to talk to him. Also, coming up, Kobe Bryant's locker. Somebody was gonna throw it away. Somebody didn't let that happen. Now it's gonna go for a lot of money. I have that story for you coming.
Speaker 1: Up right, after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to.
Speaker 3: Seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 11: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber lit name in me.
Speaker 3: Well you know what it's called over promise.
Speaker 11: You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promise.
Speaker 3: And also uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 11: There you go, over promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen over Promised with Cadino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: One of our favorites, he's Chased Daniel, former NFL quarterback, and he started something with Diana Russini co hosting the Athletics Scoop City podcast and taking listeners inside the NFL framework and explaining not just what happened, but how and why. We saw this. We saw this before everybody else did, and we said, Chase, go out there, be a star and look at him. It's like you know when your son or daughter starts to walk and you're so proud. Look at Chase Daniel learning how to walk in the podcast world. Congratulations, Chase, thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it that coming from you, that means a lot. Really enjoyed all my hits on your show. And yeah, man, this podcast is off to a really good start. We just had Andy Reid on for the first episode. Steven Jones was on talking about the Cowboys and dak and today. Go check out the YouTube page, Go check out our podcast page because we have an exclusive forty five minute long interview with Sakwan Barkley where he tells us his side of the story. Everyone's seen the Giant side play out on Hard Knocks, so it was really really cool to see Diana was able to go to his house, sit down with him on his couch, and really just hash out everything. So it's pretty enlightening.
Speaker 3: You think the Giants are gonna regret this?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 8: I think at the end of the day, because he is such a polarizing player and because he's one of the faces of the NFL and one of the best players in the league. This played out, this negotiation process played out in front of America. And so what's really interesting in the interview is that Saquon says they only talked twice, and so that's sort of par for the course for some of these big businesses and these NFL teams, like it's just what happened. So it's business. I think Joe Shane had a number. He didn't want to go past the number. Saquon thought he was worth more. Saquon wanted to retire a giant. That's the biggest takeaway on this. He wanted to retire a giant. But now he is re energized and rejuvenated now that he's in Philly with that roster, so I think he's still got some good years left.
Speaker 2: It was embarrassing what the Giants did. It'd be like if you said to your wife, man, I love you, but why don't you go out and see if there's something a little bit better? But hey, I want to be married to you for the rest of my life. Once you let the person out the door, you're not you don't want them back. And I'm just watching them give lip service. And even Saquon told Diana, hey, there was no way I'm coming back after Yeah, you say something like that. And it comes down to this, though, Chase, you compound one mistake with another one because they gave Danny Dimes the money he really needs Saquon Barkley, So now you're going to take away Saquon Barkley and you still got Danny Dimes. So you made two mistakes here, and I it's to me inexcusable.
Speaker 8: It was so fascinating to hear Saquon talk about this whole process, because a lot of people are like, Oh, this happened in free agency and that was over. Saquon really goes in depth about the franchise tag situation last year and when he thought he said they had all the leverage at that point in time, I believe and he believes that was probably the time that it was over because he just knew he wasn't going to get twelve twelve and a half million dollars from the Giants, and that Dan is why the NFL players hate the franchise tag. They want long term security, they want long term deals. The NFLPA has been trying to get rid of franchise tags forever. Now it only happens to seven to eight guys a year, but it's the star players that deserve like a lot more. He wanted to retire a Giant and it's just like in Hard Knocks, Joe made the comment. Joe Shane made the comment saying it took ten years off Joe's life. Sakon was like, if it took ten years off of your life, think about what happened to my life. So that's just part for the course on thinking for these gms, they have a set number. Joe Shane decided to go with offensive line rather than running back. You know, they got Molik neighbors. I personally think the Giants should have traded up for a quarterback. I don't know if Danny Dimes is the answer. So they got some issues there. I'm concerned about that team.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were trying. They were trying to trade up for a quarterback. They were trying to trade up for a couple of them. Speaking to quarterbacks. Explain what Jordan Love is doing with his love in where he's going to all the meetings. He's just not going to be participating until he gets a contract offer extension, even though the Packers do have the levery that he is under contract.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I would hold in too. That's the new fancy thing to do. You can't hold out because you're getting fine. These players have gotten smarter with this new CBA. Say I'm gonna be here, I'm gonna be in meetings. I don't have to practice. I don't want to practice. I want to get a deal done. But he made He's making ten and a half base salary this year, ten and a half million dollars. I would hold in too. The dude is worth in my opinion, and you're gonna see probably the highest paid contract to a player in NFL history. You're looking at starting at fifty five million dollars average per year. It's gonna be an extension. Diana's got ears on the ground there. My thing is like, how in the world you had all summer for the Packers. How in the world is not done yet? I don't think him missing practice is a big deal, But knowing him and working out with Jordan Love this offseason, he wanted it done. He doesn't want to miss one day, one walk through, one rep. You got Michael Pratt from Tulane taking the reps now, So it's it's just it's unfortunate if I was his agent, and I've been a part of a lot of these conversations in terms of having quarterbacks on teams get paid. These agents should be on the ground fighting tooth and nail for their agent to get it done. I don't know if his agent is there in person, but how about the Packers man. You go from farv to Rogers to Jordan Love like it is, and you look at the Cleveland Browns franchise, there's like thirty quarterbacks in that timeframe, so they know what to do when they are definitely scouting quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Okay, you worked out with Jordan Love in the off season.
Speaker 8: I did. I'm not coming back. I'm not coming back.
Speaker 3: It was more like Cardio Cardio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, what is it that you see with him that makes him worthy of fifty five minutes?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Have you seen enough of him? A lot of times we need to see two seasons of football, not just one. We don't get that luxury if you're the Packers. What makes him an elite quarterback?
Speaker 8: You look at when they started three and three last year, him and Lafloor, the head coach, they were not on the same page about what that offense needed to look like. And quite frankly, they had a lot. They were the youngest offensive roster in the NFL last year, including Jordan Love first year. He was able to sit and watch under Rogers for a few years. But when you really go and you get past the six games and you get back past them figuring out what they want to do on offense, I would argue, and I don't have to argue. The numbers back it up. That the last ten games of the year, eleven games of the year, he played better than anyone in the NFL and including the playoff run, one errant throw away from making it even further. So I just really think that the way that Lafleur has this offense going, Jordan Love is the best fit for him. The pocket presence, he just looks like a Green Bay quarterback, the way he slings the ball side arhim, the way he's throwing and jumping and everything like that. So I just think in this league, it's a bigger, broader question. Right in this league, if you can have a quarterback, and you find a quarterback that can do what Jordan Love does, you pay him right away because if you wait, it's only going to get more expensive. And an interesting nugget on this negotiation, I would expect it to be four or five years, okay on the extension. When is the new CBA up Dan six years? So you can imagine the kicker from the new media rights being negotiated in that. So it's actually smart for some of these quarterbacks. You're going to see two to do it. I bet you're gonna see Jordan Love do it to tie their contract to right before the CBA ends to be able to get that kicker in media rights and it just raises, it just skyrocket salary caps.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniel, co host of the Athletics Scoop City podcast along with Diana Rassini, The kans City Chiefs feel like the only team that could prevent them from winning is the kans City Chiefs. Where can it go wrong for Kansas City this year?
Speaker 8: It's themselves the only person and people that can beat the Kansas City Chiefs are themselves, and they almost did it last year with all those drops. You saw Patrick Mahomes on multiple occasions last year, with those receivers getting so frustrated, what do they do? They go out and they draft Xavier Worthy, which I think is one of the better receivers in this class. If you're going to go and do the speed type thing, you're gonna run by guys. That's what Andy Reid wants to do. You go out and you get Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 2: But if you're bar below though, Chase and Kansas City says, we'd like to trade up to your position.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't do it. You don't do it, and then you lose tough on Diggs you're just letting the best team in the NFL get better. So I don't understand that. And the biggest thing about Casey's I mean everyone saw that clip that throw from Patrick Mahomes to Xavier Worthy a few days ago in training camp, and in my mind, I'm like, don't get excited about a throw in training camp. Don't get excited about a throwing training camp.
Speaker 3: I was beyond.
Speaker 8: Myself because it's just like the throw the catch, Like you can just see the weapons. They're going to have. The biggest question marks that offensive line, how are they going to hold up? But their defense stand their defense carried them and you can see the growth in Patrick Mahomes this past year. His numbers were the worst of any year as a starter that he's been at, but he still won a Super Bowl because he was able to digest the information into change he didn't have to throw it deep.
Speaker 3: All the way.
Speaker 8: So when the best player in the NFL gets better protections, throwing leadership, that's a scary thought for the rest of the NFL.
Speaker 3: How good can the Texans be as good as they want to be?
Speaker 2: The super Bowl? Super Bowl caliber, Like, the expectation level is pretty high.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's something that when we talk to some people in the Texans organization, That's what Demiko Ryans wanted to get rid of the expectation level on the outside, because the expectation level on the inside is take it one game at a time, pull back, keep it simple. Stupid is like what is their sort of motto, like, don't overthink it. They go out and they get step On Diggs. This is their super Bowl window. Let's make no mistake about it. If CJ. Stroud says healthy. Nico Collins came on the scene last year. Tank Dale came on the scene last year. I was talking to case Keenum, who's we're pretty tight, and he was telling me I asked him the first thing. We saw him at this family camp that we go to in ses Park, Colorado, and it's a camp in the mountains where you ride horses and you go river raft and you do all that stuff. The first thing I asked them when we arrived and I saw him, I said, how good is CJ. Stroud? Because I watched the film and I'm a film junkie and I can see it. And he said to me, point blank, he said he has the chance to be one of the best, if not the best quarterbacks ever. And then he went on to just like explain the offense and stuff, and that sort of threw me back. But Cole, but Case doesn't really like he's been around a lot of people and a lot of teams. I just think the way that c J. Stroud processes information, the way he's able to go out and lead from even being a rookie last year, I think you're gonna see him take a jump even this year.
Speaker 2: Explain to me. So Case Keenum is talking about c J. Stroud could be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, and then you have John Harbaugh who comes out and talks about that Lamar Jackson. The vision is that he could end up as.
Speaker 3: The greatest quarterback of all time. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he would say this, because factually it's it's not true. He has to get past Patrick Mahomes first of all, and then there's Tom Brady.
Speaker 8: But I like.
Speaker 2: Does Lamar need a cheerleader here? Because correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't Baltimore say any team can give us two first round picks and you can get Lamar Jackson Prior to last season so great his quarterback of all time was available if you gave them two first round draft picks.
Speaker 8: It makes no sense. And it sounds like he does need a cheer. I mean, he's missed back to back days being six, so maybe Harball's like, hey, come back, we need to I'm not sure that whole situation. And I get a head coach hyping up a quarterback, but to say it in the way he said it, like one, that's our vision for Lamar, It's for him to be the greatest quarterback of all time in the National Football League. I just sort of lost not respect for Harball, but he's pretty truthful. But when he said that, I'm like, dude, you've got two MVPs. Yeah, but you don't have a super Bowl. And until you get one or two Super Bowls, you can't even put him in that conversation because you go out you win the MVP last year, which you know it was up for debate. I thought it should have been Dak or brock Purty. I thought Lamar played well enough. But you go and you lose it home to the best team in the National Football League, Like you gotta beat the Chiefs. You got to get past the Chiefs, you got to get over that hump. And quite honestly, that's going to be the story from a national media perspective, at least that's how I follow it is until you can win the big, big game, you can get the one seed, you can do everything you want, but it really matters in the playoffs. And you look at Lamar's playoff record, it's not great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just kind of put a spotlight, a brighter spotlight on what he hasn't done instead of what it's been a pretty remarkable career that be twenty seven. You got two MVPs, but there's nobody in the history the sport that's had two MVPs and didn't win a Super Bowl exactly.
Speaker 3: And I think that's look that plays well in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that the Raven fans were like yeah, But you know the thing is is it went out to the national media as well, and that's when we're going, I don't get it. But I think you just added some more pressure on Lamar because he's one of those guys and there's certain guys the Cowboys where you go, I don't care what you do during the regular season.
Speaker 3: I want to. I want to see what you do in the postseason.
Speaker 8: Do you think it's a motivation tactic reverse psychology to get Lamar to buy in, to think he's gonna Like that's the only way I can think about it, because if you think about if you really think about it, like he's he's wrong saying that, But maybe it's a motivation tactic, like's got two mbps.
Speaker 3: He can't be that insecure. He's got two mbps.
Speaker 8: You would be surprised insecurities of these starting quarterbacks, but not the backup quarterbacks. Never never where the where the city's best friend until we step onto the field.
Speaker 3: Are you officially retired?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, yeah, I mean I've never I didn't make some big announcement. Wait, yeah you can. You can break it here on the Dank.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniels officially retired officially.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means, but it is. Do you have to send him a paperwork?
Speaker 8: No? So that's a good question. So I was, literally, I kid you, not Dan, it's whey you brought up. Like two days ago, I texted my agent, Jeff Nowly he works for CIA, and I said, hey, man, like I think it's time to send in my papers. I'm ready to just get this over with and get this done. He goes, dude, it's a myth. There's no papers you signed. I was upset because I was like, this is an ending chapter in my life. This is what I wanted to do. And he's like no, like he like, burst my bubble. I was like, yeah, I get to sign all this stuff. I get to go to New York. He's like, dude, no, just tell him you're retired. You're retired, Like, oh my gosh, what are we doing.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you during the season. Our Best with Diana and Scoop City. The Athletic Website with Chase Daniel. Thanks, good to talk to you, buddy.
Speaker 8: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniel won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints and host of The Chase Daniel Show on the YouTube channel. Two time Heisman Trophy candidate at Missouri back in seven and o eight. All right, we'll take a break. Kobe Bryant's locker is up for sale. You might be surprised how much After.
Speaker 1: This, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Former Titan said coach Mike Rabel was on Pardon My Take Now. He's working for the Browns as a consultant right now, and he talked about not getting the Chargers job.
Speaker 12: Thought I had great interview in La, you know, for the Chargers, and you know, Harbaugh decided to come back to the NFL. And that's what you know, mister Spanos and John Spanos communicated with me, and that's I respect them for that.
Speaker 3: They they literally called me.
Speaker 12: On a you know, speaker, know, they called me, and that rarely happens to where you know, if an owner is going to interview you and then go in a different direction, that they'll personally call you. And they were like, you know, second place isn't going to give you much, but I wanted to tell you that, you know, we've had an opportunity to tired.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, Harball. So that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Wow, you think you got the job, and then all of a sudden is Harball going, yes he is, and Mike Brabel doesn't get the job. A lot of times, you know, just the fallout from that where somebody makes a decision to leave someplace, who gets the job, who doesn't get the job, Nick Saban leaving. Uh, you know, just like the domino effect, and then somebody you know goes to Washington. You lose your job the coach at Washington. Now you got to get somebody else's coach, and then somebody else's coach, and just the domino effect that it had.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Kobe Bryant's locker from two thousand and four to twenty and sixteen is up for auction.
Speaker 3: The current bid.
Speaker 2: Now I think the reserve was seven hundred thousand dollars, so one bid so far. The reserve has been met, so now it's going to be sold. There's ten days. It's supposed to be closing on August second. The estimates are somewhere between one million and one point five million for Kobe's locker. I believe there is a person who has the name plate for the locker. They were going to They were refurbishing staples and they were clearing out all these lockers, and I guess there was somebody who was there who was like, this is Kobe's locker. We shouldn't be destroying these lockers. So it's a maintenance person who sees this and you can now. I don't know what you do with the locker. You obviously got a lot of money and you probably have a lot of space for this, but it's pretty cool that from four to twenty sixteen that was Kobe's locker there. And right now it says, uh, let's see the name plate though somebody already has that palling is it? Somebody different has the nameplate?
Speaker 4: So what happened was the maintenance man somehow sold it or whatever to an investor who had the name plate already, then he added the locker, so now it's the name plate with the locker for sale together. They verified it it is Kobe Bryant's locker for all those seasons by different markings on it and other things. So it's completely confirmed that was Kobe's locker.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was his locker at Staples. And so there's some championship celebrations there, the eighty one point game and to Kobe hanging his final jersey in twenty sixteen. One million to one and a half million dollars for Kobe's locker. Where do you display that unless you have sort of a come on in this is my Laker room, like a man cave. But it's basically for all your Laker memorabilia or all your sports memorabilia. One point five million dollars for the locker. How much money you guys got. Maybe we could pull all of our resources together and we could put it in here. We got we got space here. Where would you put it in here? I probably have it over here somewhere. Maybe when I come in, I would hang my coat in there. Yeah, take your galoshes off and put them down, pile of T shirts maybe, yeah, maybe a hat in there, something like that, man of mister Rogers. Yeah yeah, I'd sit down and then change into my my comfortable shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, mister Rogers.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what Seaton just said. Okay, yeah, he's right behind you. He just he just said that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you though, as a not investment, but like if you had the funds to get this, it's about the coolest thing in sports memorabilia that I could think of lately. Because a basketball or a jersey everybody has. This is one of one. They're not making any more of them. And you could actually sit in it and take a picture, like you could have friends over and they could sit in it and take a picture.
Speaker 3: You can do a photo booth. Yeah, I wanted to Kobe Bryant photo both.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you it's I think it's going to go for more than one point five. I just don't know what you do with it.
Speaker 2: I never know with memorabilia when somebody says, oh, you could have this Mickey Mantle Rookie card, and then all of a sudden it gets sold five years later and it's three times what somebody paid for it. It's like real estate when you go, god, I should have bought that back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell you what the if I spend a million and a half dollars on that thing and it gets delivered and it's like some kind of like composite wood or something. If it's not like real, it better be heavy as it better smell like real wood. It better it's better smell like sweat. Yeah, it's like that like fake wood that you keel off that you had it for a couple of years and it's like, oh man, the inside of this is all this crap is.
Speaker 3: Like real wood. For Mica, I'd be so upset, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 7: Someone carved Joe Loves Nancy on the side of nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Why what did you do that?
Speaker 9: For?
Speaker 2: Final Hour on the Way. Is TNT back in business with the NBA. We'll find out