Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and show, Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and now he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty. So to win, Grete back, I have to go to Toronto, Canada. Why should we leave America to visit America? Junior? I love this show.
Speaker 4: Take that your stupid holsers light Canada turns to its most famous director, Ivan Reightman, the man who brought us Ghostbuster.
Speaker 2: So, lou kalay, we're in luck. They have a magnum with the shoecutter.
Speaker 4: We aren't as well behaved as their goody two shoes brother Canada, who by the way, has never had a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Who just saying that's a Simpsons making fun of Canada throughout the years may have led our president to a to want to make it our fifty first state. And all that Trump talk, it is believed, is what propelled the Liberal to end up winning a full term of being Prime minister. However, it works when you're in a parliamentary system. So the Conservative was going to win. It just absolute the Conservative was going to win, and Trump starts talking about Governor Trudeau, who had to step down and them being our fifty first state, and the Canadians rallied around the progressive guy who's pushing back against Trump and he wins, I'll be darned.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Pauliev the conservative guy, tried to stand up and say, mister Trump, stay out of our election. This is about Canada and Canadian voices, but wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: Does it matter to us a whole lot who the Prime Minister of Canada is asking.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't actually.
Speaker 5: Own it's of some significance. They're a huge here, trading partner and ally, and things are more hostile than they've been in maybe forever since, like the Indian Wars back in the seventeen hundreds. On the other hand, this guy, this bothers me because Trudeau it's so thoroughly discredited progressivism. This guy is a more reasonable lefty and that could be in years and years of lefty control of Canada continuing to their detriment.
Speaker 2: But it's not my country.
Speaker 1: His name is Mark Carney. Here is some of his victory speech last night.
Speaker 6: Because I've been warning for months America wants our land, our resources, our water, our country never but these are not These are not idle threats. President Trump is trying to break us so that America can own us. That will never that will never ever happen. But we also must recognize the reality that our world has fundamentally changed.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's just it's practically surreal that this is what's going on. That the guy who gets elected prime minister in Canada's main focuses will never fall under the boot heel of the United States.
Speaker 2: It's astonishing.
Speaker 5: Nobody had ever had that thought right until a cup of coffee ago.
Speaker 3: Now let's hear more.
Speaker 6: Our old relationship with the United States, a relationship based on steadily.
Speaker 2: Increasing integration, is over.
Speaker 6: The system of open global trade anchored by the United States, a system that Canada has relied on since the Second World War, a system that will not perfect, has helped deliver prosperity for a country for decade, is over. These are tragedies, but it's also our new reality.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Trump did an interview with The Atlantic and Jeffrey Goldberg, and one segment of it was Goldberg saying, so I'm kind of interested in the fact that you want to make Canada the fifty first state, given the fact that it's so far left. I mean, it's left of California, and you'd be adding another giant state that's almost certainly going to you know, bring more Democrats into the fold. And Trump basically just said he didn't believe that's true.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It would certainly seem that adding forty million people who believe in socialized medicine and would almost certainly vote for whoever the Democrat is for president and add two more Democratic senators and et cetera, et ceteras not the best thing if you lean right in this country.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I was just trying to find the article we talked about yesterday where there's an enormous rain drain of Canada's best and brightest, especially in tech, to the United States.
Speaker 2: They have to be aware of that in Canada.
Speaker 5: I wonder if there is an awareness slash strategy, especially on the left in Canada, of saying, hey, if we fire up people against the US, maybe we can you know, and get them fired up for Canada in a way they haven't been. I mean, because the whole it's America's hat thing. We chuckle about it in the US, but there's a bit of that perception in Canada.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure there is. How would there not be.
Speaker 5: We're kind of big, nice, pleasant, not very important country up here that sits on top of.
Speaker 1: The United I'm completely talking out be hind end here because I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know some Canadians, but I haven't asked him this.
Speaker 1: I could see how if you're a family in Canada and you got a super bright kid and you want them to go to Stanford or Mit or cal Tech or something not whatever. College graduates in Toronto, well, they have some really pretty good compegre there.
Speaker 5: But once you graduate from there, what are you going to do? You're going to go to the States and get a job in tech.
Speaker 3: Let's hear one more clip from Carney.
Speaker 6: We are over the shock of the American betrayal, but we should never forget the lessons we have pipe down to look out for ourselves and above all, we have to take care of each other.
Speaker 3: This guys, this guy's not impressive.
Speaker 1: He got elected. I mean, his his his winning speech rhetoricuse week.
Speaker 2: I thought that was just weak.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I didn't fire I don't see how that fired anybody up. Who's that lady who yelled? But you're gonna take us forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, Sweetart, I gotta I got a script up here.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your contribution, but I don't need you to co write.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good, that's what I was about to say. Thanks. No, he's very uh, he's very Canadian.
Speaker 5: He's actually that's one of the reasons he got elected is he has the reputation of being a very calm, reasonable, smart guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, is he super like you know, socialized medicine socialism sort of guy.
Speaker 5: No, I was gonna point out, Yeah, his last sentence is one thing, we all have to take care of each other. Oh, I know what that's code for coming out of a socialist.
Speaker 2: He's actually a big time banker.
Speaker 5: He ran a couple of like federal like the UK's official giant bank in times of crisis, and that's what he does is he manages giant financial systems through difficult times.
Speaker 3: So I doubt this is going to mean much to my life.
Speaker 1: This little dust up between Canada that I imagine will go away over time.
Speaker 3: It doesn't do us any good.
Speaker 5: No, I really don't think. It doesn't announce it good and I wish Trump hadn't done it. On the other hand. I think he can be fixed in short order soon.
Speaker 1: Him driving Trudeau out office, that was you know, that worked pretty well if he could.
Speaker 3: Uh. I think if he'd ha stopped.
Speaker 2: To think he did. The Canadians did. He sucked.
Speaker 1: They hated him, he'd been in power for ten years. You don't think that Trump added to the driving Trudeau out. I think Trump's responses just looked so incredibly weak that it does yeah to Trump that it made him.
Speaker 3: Just like they couldn't handle that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I might have shoved him along a little bit and called him Governor Trudeau and to his face and Trudeau just saying nothing back.
Speaker 3: But again, I'm not sure how much consequence has assed in my life.
Speaker 2: Trudeau's never had a date just saying.
Speaker 5: Oh the Simpsons, oh chaos, upheaval.
Speaker 1: So last hour we talked about the popularity of in theory. According to the Wall Street CEOs getting up at four in the morning to start their day. Anybody doing that that wasn't doing it before. Has anybody like started getting up earlier and it's like change your life or you're kicking ass or something like that. If you've always gotten up that early, like my dad. My dad always got up that early, then you're just built that way. I don't I'll give you credit for that. I don't think right or not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, yeah, well, but there are plenty of people who get up at a more normal time of day and decide I'm gonna dry that. And I would say those who embrace it and succeed at it are those who are probably built that way.
Speaker 2: There's circadian rhythms. It suits them.
Speaker 5: Those who aren't suited that way, it doesn't work out.
Speaker 2: Although how good is that?
Speaker 1: Although there I can't think of any more well known late sleepers stay up later sort of people off the top of my head, other than like writers and musicians and not like CEO types.
Speaker 3: Can you anybody that was their thing? Maybe Winston Churchill?
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, that's a good question. I'd have to think about it for a while. But certainly fewer, yeah, than the up and up and Adam types.
Speaker 1: If you're kicking ass at four am, Texas four one, five, two, nine, five KFTC, wake up, thank you, Armstrong, Hey Yeddy.
Speaker 8: Finally, Bill Belichick's twenty four year old girlfriend was criticized for repeatedly interrupting his interview on CBS Sunday Morning She also pulled the plugs of several cameras, which she called practice for later.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh what a joke. So this is not a sports story. This is a relationship story. Just it features a sports star. Bill at Belichick if you're not into sports, like he was Tom Brady's coach for all those years and big deal. One of buds of Super Bowls, one of gas in Superports. He's fifty years older than his girlfriend. It's forty nine and chain, but I think it's fair to call it fifty years. He's seventy three, she's twenty four, So I got a fifty year age gap.
Speaker 3: She's crazy hot.
Speaker 1: Of course, he's a fat old man, very rich, probably very smart, and maybe he has a great personality.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: But so he's on his book tour right now, and he's doing an interview with CBS News to promote his book. She's there the entire time in Yoko Ono like interrupts many times, apparently including this.
Speaker 4: Twenty four year old Jordan Hudson, his creative mus As he writes in his book, make sure Jordan was a constant presence during our interview.
Speaker 1: I've never been too worried about what everybody else thanks, just to try to do what I feel like is best for me and what's right.
Speaker 2: How did you guys meet?
Speaker 5: Not talking about this?
Speaker 1: No, no, so they they so. I'm reading the New York Post version of this. Some people were surprised that CBS included in their interview, which you're listening to, the portion where she interrupts the interview when the question was how did you two meet? And she jumps up and walks over and says, we're not answering this question, or he's not answering this question, really taking charge as the fifty year junior has never accomplished anything girlfriend, and according to the reporting of The New York Post, the reason CBS included it it was one of many times that she jumped up and shut down questions, and Bill Belichick just rolled with it, like, you know, she's calling the shots here.
Speaker 5: Which is a much more interesting story than what the answer to any of those questions would have been. Oh, hack, yeah, I'm glad they kept it in Hack yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's interesting that she's calling the shots, and it's interesting that he's decided to let her for whatever reason. Maybe he really respects her judgment. I don't know that could be it. Even before this past weekends they call it here embarrassing CBS interview in The New York Post in which Jordan Hudson his young girlfriend friends says the New York Post and you never know this. This is anonymous. We're shaking their heads and they're talking to him about her, but very gently because they know how deep in love he is. Also North Carolina, there are some reports out in North Carolina, where he is now the football coach, that she has attending spring practice and is c seed on all emails. Belichick wanted her see seed on all emails between him and the athletic director.
Speaker 3: There at North Carolina. Wow, what is that?
Speaker 5: Gutfeldt's joke is starting to ring truer. This is getting a little weirdly controlling or something.
Speaker 1: And the New York Post actually has the email to confirm this, where he said, I'm including Jordan on this email so she can also keep up on our post. Would you please include her on anything you send me? Says Build Belichick to the athletic director of University of North Carolina about his twenty four year old girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Now, was that about like postings that were caught my ear? Was that just about social media stuff or because the way you are reporting this story it sounds like she's a c seed.
Speaker 2: On like ordering helmets.
Speaker 3: It was all stuff.
Speaker 1: Hudson was later copied on emails about whether to accept various interview requests, So it was all stuff about his You know, when you're the coach of a big time college football program, you're gonna do, You're gonna have lots of media stuff. And apparently he's put her her in charge of that, which I guess is fine.
Speaker 2: It's sure.
Speaker 5: I would want somebody to handle my media obligations for me. Why are you impugning this beautiful relationship? I think that speaking of the story behind the story, why are you finding faults?
Speaker 2: She's achieved nothing.
Speaker 5: She's achieved a high level of physical fitness, judging by the pictures I've seen.
Speaker 1: She was the runner up the Miss Maine in the Miss USA contest.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be unfair here because she might just be really smart and he really trusts her judgment on this sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: What couple has ever said, We're not talking about that. In reference to the question how did you meet? That's just weird. Now I'm switching sides because that's what I do.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, and other people have pointed out that's not his brand his whole life. He's like mister in control of everything as the head football coach. He signs off on everything all the time, always did, and now all of a sudden he's turning over decisions to her.
Speaker 3: Is just not the way. He's like, just.
Speaker 2: Clicked in my head, because you're right.
Speaker 5: He answers nothing he doesn't want to answer, including relevant questions from competent reporters asking what people would like to know.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're not talking about that next question. That's his reputation. If you don't know here it is.
Speaker 5: She's hot, well yes again, high level of physical fitness for which I congratulate her, judging by the pictures I've seen. But she is his media guru, his media flak. She's like, no, we're here to talk about the football coach, legendary football coach. It's not about some our romance. Stick to business. She is crafting his image. Yeah, even though it's not good. Pr No, it's not even though everybody who is mostly interested in his relationship with her more than any book he writes about motivation or something like that, you know, the way coaches write books. Well, yeah, and there are several ways you can handle that. I mean, you could say, you know, like most couples, we met, we hit it off, but you know, we're really here to talk about his coaching career and the things he's achieved, and not personal stuff as much you could couch it like that as supposed to. We're not talking about.
Speaker 1: That he's old and rich, I'm young and hot. YadA, YadA YadA. Next question, how dopey are you do the math? Next question, have you lived on planet Earth?
Speaker 3: What do you think is going on?
Speaker 5: Which she could have said, progressive libraries a problem.
Speaker 9: The stunning fall from an aircraft carrier a seventy million dollar fighter jet going overboard in the Red Sea, crew members jumping to safety. The Navy says an F eighteen fighter jet was being towed out of a hangar on the USS Truman when the crew lost control, the plane and the towing tractor both tumbling overboard, sinking to the bottom of the sea.
Speaker 10: Offici will say it's unclear whether enemy fire played a role or other factors like human error or mechanical malfunction, and officiill say the chances of recovering that seventy million dollar fighter jet are quite low as that is an active conflict area.
Speaker 3: So I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 1: The initial reporting on this was the aircraft carrier made a sharp turn to avoid hoothy attacks and the boat and the plane fell over. And if you've ever been on an enormous boat, they don't make sharp turns that make you like fly off your feet.
Speaker 2: No, the sharpest turn they can make is rather long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that just struck me as doesn't make sense. I've never been on, you know, the most modern sophisticated aircraft carrier. Maybe they got propulsion and I can't imagine, but it just struck me as odd. Then when I heard the ABC version of the story, they didn't include that they had the human error, etc. Sure, which maybe the military was trying to cover up for by saying the sharp turn or something. This very same aircraft carrier, the guy iranic got fired a year or so ago for crashing it. If you remember that, who knows, who knows what.
Speaker 3: The story is.
Speaker 1: Maybe a hoothy attack caused this and we don't want to admit it. Which would be perfectly legitimate fog a war sort of stuff. I doubt that, but it could be a lot of things. The least likely thing seems to me that a sharp turn caused it to roll off the deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm picturing an aircraft carrier cornering sharply like some you know, some guy with a speedboat and a two hundred and fifty mile per hour outboard engine, you know, cutting curves.
Speaker 2: Through the waves.
Speaker 5: No, that's not the way aircraft carriers are, and they sail through the most violent season known demand.
Speaker 3: Please right, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this story is not, in and of itself terribly significant, I don't think, except that it's symbolic.
Speaker 2: And illustrates a point. You have.
Speaker 5: This county in New York, Chimung County. They have a system of libraries. It happens to be a fairly conservative part of New York. Interestingly, but they have expelled all of the Tuttle Twins books from the child and youth sections.
Speaker 3: I don't know those books.
Speaker 5: They are enormously popular now among especially conservative America, conservative to moderate America. They are absolutely entertaining, funny, well written books that represent traditional values. I will read from their website and help you understand gender fluidity. Oh no, they don't really get into that. An innovative series of colorful, engaging books that use storytelling to share important economics, civic, and real history principles with your child. Plus work books, audiobooks and parent guides to empower parents and enhance learning. And they have many, many titles and great to teachers.
Speaker 3: To help you understand gender fluidity.
Speaker 5: No, no, again, I think you're misunderstanding this.
Speaker 2: No, you know what it is. It's books that educate.
Speaker 5: And I almost hate to use that word, but haven't we all learned a ton from various stories and books we've read about life and love and humanity and science in some cases. And that's sort of thing written from a point of view that is not about gender fluidity. It's good stories that would have been written a generation ago. And the response has been absolutely enormous to these books. Well, this County library banned these books. Why they were asked listen to this which some of the content promotes a specific political and economic perspective that clashes with the library's policy to include all points of view. The implication being these books have a point of view, but do not reflect all points of view, which is a bizarre requirement.
Speaker 1: So what's the points of view that they do reflect?
Speaker 3: Moraley in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you do well, it kind of my joke turns out it's too real. So if you don't include gender fluidity, you're not including all points of view.
Speaker 3: So it's the book's got to be banned.
Speaker 5: Or if you proudly advocate for traditional civic virtues and morality and family values, you cannot be in that library because I quote, some of the content promotes a specific political and economic perspective, free markets, that clashes with the library's policy to include all points of view. Then this author shows the email that was leaked to them, Yet they're banning our books rights Connor Boyak, who's the author which teach kids and their parents about free markets, property rights, personal responsibility, entrepreneurship and more. This shows that you can't assume anything about anything in your area simply because we're mostly conservative or whatever. The left has captured most of society's institutions. They dominate the schools and the libraries, even in otherwise conscerrivative communities. And Connor, I would say to you, sir, we have been saying for a very long time around here, you can live in the reddest area in the world. You have a blue blotch right in the middle of your town or county. It's your local school end or library. But then Connor Boyak writes, I think my favorite thing here is that they're removing the Subtle Twins books because they alleged our books contain quote a political and economic perspective that clashes with their policy to include all points of view. So because our books aren't inclusive of all points of view, they're excluding them. The irony is thick. This sounds like something the Babylon b would write. Meanwhile, what kids' books are included in this library?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: Let's take a look at screenshots which Jack I happen to have in front of me.
Speaker 2: A is for activists.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's an ABC board book written and illustrated for the next generation of progressives. Families want their kids to grow up in a space that is unapologetic about activism, environmental justice, civil rights, LBGTRTA.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: At the same time, here's another book that's included, phenomenal AOC The Roots and Rise of Alexandria Acassio Cortez.
Speaker 3: Wow Wow.
Speaker 5: Continuing on Radical My Year with a Socialist Senator by Sophia Warren, Moving along trans Bodies trans Selves a Resource by and four Transgender Communities in this Library. Connor goes on, wait, there's more, Why not? We're having fun. Kamala raised her hand a tribute to Vice President Kamala Harris, recounting every time she raised her hand to stand up for what she believes.
Speaker 3: So, uh, the other day, I'll be vague about it.
Speaker 2: Let me finish the list real quick.
Speaker 5: Greta Tunberg, Climate Activist, Beacon of Hope, The Life of Barack Obama and I'm an activist and Introduction to Activism teaches people who are changing the world blah blah blah, and it's for kids.
Speaker 3: Go on.
Speaker 1: The other day, my son was in a situation with another kid, his age thirteen year old who made some sort of comment that he didn't understand.
Speaker 3: And he said, uh, you know, what are you talking about? Or does that mean or something like that.
Speaker 1: And the kid said, what are you against bisexuals? Are you homophobic?
Speaker 7: And I just thought, why does this come up all the time, all the time, And it's because of these books that they have at the schools and the stuff they teach at school.
Speaker 1: Plus you know, who knows what parents are talking about all the time.
Speaker 3: Why is this topic so prevalent?
Speaker 7: Why is it impossible to get away from sexuality as a topic all the time.
Speaker 3: God, it never came up when I was young, certainly at that age and younger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Read James Lindsay and Helen pluck Rose's cynical theories about critical queery radical gender theory and why they push that stuff. It has to do with neo Marxism and eroding the values of Western society.
Speaker 2: So you can overthrow it.
Speaker 5: But I'm reminded, I mean this library obviously saying some of the content promotes a specific political and economic perspective that clashes with the library's policy to include all points of view, which is a ridiculous, laughable, cynical lie. And I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes about these people.
Speaker 2: Marxists just lie.
Speaker 1: They lie so overtly and blatantly that people begin to question their own perceptions. It works because no one expects another person to lie so overtly. So these woke libraries, these woke schools, these woke universities, they will out and out deny that they're doing what they're doing. Just be ready for it. Be aware that the nice local librarian will lie to your face about what.
Speaker 2: They're doing and why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I find that very, very frustrating, and I have comments I'd like to make, but I don't want to hurt feelings or cause problems. But yeah, the whole library thing, it's something that's the other thing Marxist count on. And you're talking about your personal life. So I'm not telling you you should mess up your personal life fight. But they one hundred percent count on you being afraid to make the encounter hostile and unfriendly. They count on your niceness to win the day. Some of those book.
Speaker 3: Titles you gave us, Oh my God.
Speaker 5: Trans Bodies trans Selves, There's no one way to be transgender. Transbodies trans Selves is a revolutionary resource, a comprehensive, reader friendly guide for transgender people, with each chapter written by transgender and gender expansive authors.
Speaker 1: I like the rise of a a minor congress person who's a socialist but happens to be attractive.
Speaker 3: So she gets lots of attention.
Speaker 2: Good and that book is in the library. If that's right.
Speaker 5: Well, on a lighter note, the NBA has finally gotten around to the playoffs when they would play becomes exciting and everybody's trying, and Prize Picks is a great way to turn your opinion about the NBA playoffs into cash money.
Speaker 1: I've been watching them. Maybe you have opinions about points, rebounds, assists. You can choose more or less on two to six player projections with Prize Picks for your shot to win up a two thousand times your cash. You need to download the Prize Picks app today. And maybe you're sure one basketball player and one baseball player are going to go off in their games or.
Speaker 5: Hockey or what have you. Yeah, you can combine sports with your lineup. Again, it's at least two players pick more or less on their stat projections. Download the Prize Picks app today, use that code Armstrong. They're going to give you fifty bucks instantly when you play a five dollars lineup, five dollars lineup. That's the coat armst wrong in Prize Picks to get fifty dollars instantly. When you play five dollars winter loose, you'll get the fifty bucks just by playing guaranteed Prize Picks run your game. Must be President in certain states. Visit prize picks dot com for restrictions and details.
Speaker 1: Mmm, I've got a nomination for the worst person in the world and just came across.
Speaker 2: In the news always exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, what is wrong with people? Among other things, nat a slapping, more slappings. Boy Trump certainly set a record on executive orders during his first one hundred days. Buy a lot lots of stuff we can talk about. Stay with us, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 11: Since the beginning of time, men have been at the head of the Catholic Church. But now it's time for a woman. It's time for a whope, a woman pope with a wope. Finally, the body of Christ would be gluten free. At communion, women have been making people feel guilty for centuries, and now we're ready to take it to the next level. We're amazing at confessionals because we love hearing other people's gossip with a woke. No longer we have cheap wine. At communion, at the least, we'll have Kim Crawford. And let's face it, statistically, we're less likely to touch your kids.
Speaker 2: Peace be with you and.
Speaker 11: Also with you, Queen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, burn her at the stake.
Speaker 2: That's enlightened.
Speaker 1: I did see a cardinal today said he expects the conclave to last two to three days at most to choose a new pope.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is insider game is on that.
Speaker 5: I wonder if somebody's got the mojo, got the riz and everybody knows it.
Speaker 1: How crass or not crass. Do you think the politics are behind the scenes on the whole pope thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's pretty high minded trying to, you know.
Speaker 1: Hear God's will selflessly, not wanting it for yourself just or do you think it's just like politics in DC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, much more like that one.
Speaker 5: Really different elements to it, different doctrinal desires. Yeah, just concerns and motivations that I couldn't guess at unless I read about it. But yeah, they're human beings, which is all you need to know.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I would like to think that it's more the first than the last. It'd be impossible to be purely the first because they are human beings. But huh, you really should be at that level perfectly okay with if they choose me to be the pope, I'll try.
Speaker 3: To be the most pope i can.
Speaker 1: But if they don't, that's God's will and I'm perfectly happy where I am.
Speaker 3: You certainly should be.
Speaker 2: Able to do that.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah, But I mean, if I'm going to elevate a guy to the highest position in my gigantic, rich, influential, important organization, I'm gonna want a guy who's sympathetic to my views. On the other hand, and then it becomes very human.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be able to be a priest and then rape children and then the pulp covers up for you.
Speaker 3: That happens a lot. Where has happened a lot. So yeah, there's that. Didn't mean to go there. I had a I feel like this is too much. At the end of.
Speaker 1: That Worst Person in the World nominee for the Day, this guy named Patrick Veverb deceived more than sixty five hundred pet owners who paid And I've done this myself, paid quite a bit for a cremation of their love beloved pet and the guy was just throwing them in a pile and giving you an earnful ashes and saying he did it to save money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's funny, you know how you are, Like, you can do anything you want with my body after I die, So you're not jack soft on corpse desecration.
Speaker 2: Folks, Let's just cut to the chase.
Speaker 1: If I died right here in the studio, massive heart attack, fall to the floor, what happens to me after that?
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You can just walk on top of me until I decay, or put me out with the garbage because it's Tuesday night, or whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: I don't care. My kids might have a say in it, but yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the reason I bring that up is I'm the wrong guy to bring this topic up to. I respect all views and how you run your life and preserve your memories and the rest of it. I you know, when our last dog passed on, and Vacksey is probably not going to last more than I don't know, another year or two for lucky, they said, offered various cremation services, and I said, no, I have my memories and pictures. I'm fine, thank you. Well, I have no need for my dog's ashes. But well, I'm the same way.
Speaker 1: But well, if you aren't that way, and you pay for this, yes, you'd kind of like to have it actually happen. Probably, Yeah, again, he just rather than he just sweeps out from underneath his couch, pours it in an urn and charges you three hundred dollars for instance.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly on a legal level. If I were to take the contrarian point of view, though, I would say, what's the difference?
Speaker 1: Well, if I if I found out, I'd think, well, don't tell my wife, because I don't care other than I don't like to be ripped off.
Speaker 5: Well, my point being, obviously, if you don't find out about it, and you believe you have your pets ashes, that is precisely the same as having your pets. What are you going to do like magic incantations with them? Then wonder why it didn't work. I was gonna you have the wrong ashes. Yes, Katie, you're gonna will them back to life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna it's gonna glow them back together. See, now you're making lighter a serious situation. I was going to call you both monsters, and then you said that.
Speaker 3: Jack, so.
Speaker 1: Oh he's still a monster. I don't like people ripping me off. That would that I don't like you treating me like a chunk. That's the part would breach a contract, hundred percent. Yeah, the the the ashes part is not what would bother me?
Speaker 3: Prosecute them? Don't feel from me, you bastard?
Speaker 2: Well well right, yeah, yeah you're here.
Speaker 1: I'll bet that happens a lot. I bet that's happened a lot throughout history, and we'll continue to happen.
Speaker 3: I'll bet that happened.
Speaker 2: It might happen mostly, but it does. Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people get busted for that semi regularly. With humans, I think there are more checks and standards and state boards and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: I've got the crematorium machine, that's what I call. It's in that room over there. You can't go in there, it wouldn't be cool, but it's in there. Really is state regulation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't let you look at it, but yeah, I'll be back with your pets ashes in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Or five minutes, or however long you want to wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm not trying to be flip about anybody's memories or love for their pets, obviously, but anyway, I think I've made my point.
Speaker 1: Eh, what a terrible end of the hour. You are too blame so Donald Trump, Biden. So every year we've talked about this. Every year presidents sign more and more executive orders and which is not the way to run up a country, and the Congress should pass law.
Speaker 3: This is the way we should do it. But it's grown.
Speaker 1: It's like Bush had ten and then Obama had fifteen or whatever. Biden has had set the record at forty five or something in the first hundred days, Trump one hundred and forty two.
Speaker 2: Winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So definitely we're screaming that direction for better or worse. We will discuss that in much more next hour. If you don't get Next Hour, you have to take off. Grab the podcast later. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty