Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong in Showy arm Strong and Jettie and He.
Speaker 2: Armsrange, It's Fry live from Studio c Gee keep within the bowels of the Armstrong.
Speaker 3: And Getting Communications Compound, and today to end the week, We're toiling under the title of the show.
Speaker 1: First, you look like a military man? Are you on war footing?
Speaker 4: How are you not on a war footing? Swearing an olive drammed T shirt to a beanie looking ready to you know, throw on the union and do what needs to be done. Huh, because I'm part of the coalition of the willing.
Speaker 1: Jack's ready. They did up the age to enlist to forty two yesterday. Oh really Yeah? Not up to sixty one though, which I am. So I'm not sure I.
Speaker 4: Can be of any help. I'd be happy to help if I can, but I probably can't. Our title today titles, here's the deal you lose. That should be the only deal being offered to Iran.
Speaker 1: Or if you prefer.
Speaker 4: IOC says no fake chicks and gal sports fake chicks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The IOC with a big announcement yesterday that we talked about. We'll get to more of that later. To your first headline, It's funny. I was just reading in Mark Alpern's newsletter of the day that between Trump and Israel, it's come down to one of two outcomes.
Speaker 4: Iran surrenders or Iran is decimated. That's basically what you just said. I've got to admit I was a little worried. What was it yesterday or the day before where Trump said, yeah, well, we're talking to the right people to give us a very nice gift, a very very valuable gift.
Speaker 1: And his tone was.
Speaker 4: Soft, and he's appreciated the flattery and everything.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, no, because they will. They will do anything. They will press all of his buttons. They've been studying him since he came down the escalator. I hope Marco, thank god, Marco is in his ear.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So now we're back to practically unconditional surrender. I guess either you surrender or we're gonna decimate you that may force you to surrender.
Speaker 1: So those are two choices. I hope. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, and looks like the whole tsa thing after forty some days is over. I didn't fly during that period of time, So it had no effect on me. I think it looks brutal, does it? It did look brutal. But does the media fly more than the rest of us as a whole? They must or something or yeah, because I saw the numbers on how many people what percentage of Americans would have flown during that period of time.
Speaker 4: Oh it's single digits. Really well, yeah, that makes sense sure in a given what six weeks? Yeah, m interesting. Nonetheless, that's just the non function and the abusiveness of the people from Congress these days. In the Senate, it happens to be the Democrats right now.
Speaker 1: It's just it's inexcusable. All they do is they look at the polls.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see, the Republicans have the House barely and the Senate barely, and they have the White House.
Speaker 1: So they'll be blamed if there's a shutdown. So let's shut it down.
Speaker 4: Well, we're going to hurt a hell of a lot of people, and including government employees. I mean, these TSA guys are not rich. They live paycheck to paycheck. Let's let's screw them good and hard. Because polls show the Republicans will be blamed says Chuck Schumer, just disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well, who what normal sort of voter remembers any of these shutdowns with with any thoughts really of anything. They just they're coming to go and they're annoying, and then they go away, and you just think what a mess that is.
Speaker 1: That's kind of it the base.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're just signaling to the base, trying to hold out to his job that we're trying to abolish ICE, that we will not fund DHS unless ICE is reformed.
Speaker 3: Okay, people predisposed to already vote a certain direction, they were going to go that way anyway. I just don't think anything ever is accomplished with these shutsdowns, shutdowns, nothing, It's just there's no political gain.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if there's any political loss really. It just like it's just inconvenient for the voters and that goes go. We go along, such such a such a just dumb, just dumb and dumb and dysfunctional. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another powerful Republican has announced he's retiring from the House. He's going off into private life, capping, I think, well capping so far dozens that have announced that, dozens of congress people and a handful of senators are like, this is stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go do something else. Well, yeah, if you if you if you went to Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Thinking you're going to do something, then you know you get there and realize, oh, okay, that's not what the game is at least currently.
Speaker 1: I want to to this thing.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Willy Brown, doing a former mayor of San Francisco for most powerful politician in California for many, many years and guest on The Armstrong and Getty Show many many, many times, did an interview with Bill O'Reilly in which he explained why San Francisco got ruined. Oh, in Bill O'Reilly's special to Decline and Fall of San Francisco. And it's really interesting to hear from one of the most powerful Democrats of the last half century anywhere in the country, really Willy Brown, about how all this putting a bunch of social workers in charge of all this sort of stuff and everything like.
Speaker 1: That was a disaster.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear that from Willy What a fascinating guy, brilliant, charismatic, crooked as a corkscrew.
Speaker 1: I was happy to hear that.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk about that later, maybe We're going to get to a place where we realized that what we've been doing is not working, at least in blue cities and states. Oh, the big breaking news later in the day yesterday that the Pentagon is weighing sending an additional ten thousand ground troops to the Middle East. I don't know what that brings the total, Dude, do you know of troops that have been talked about over the last couple of weeks. It's good to be a pretty big chunk of people. You were getting closer to twenty thousand. Definitely very close to twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: I think one of the.
Speaker 3: Things I'm happy about with the TSA shutdown coming to an end is maybe newscasts can focus on what might end up being the most consequential war since Vietnam instead of making it like the third or fourth story every single day.
Speaker 1: It's shocking to me, I think this is a really big deal.
Speaker 3: And last night I was looking at my evening newscasts and one of them it was ten minutes, and the other one it was eleven minutes into the newscast, A thirty minute newscast before they get around to the war as important.
Speaker 4: As the Meduro thing in Venezuela could be in our hemisphere because we shouldn't have hostile communists to fake kleptomaniac regimes right next door. We just shouldn't wear a superpower that is a tiny fraction of the significance of the Irandil and it's not being treated it that way.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean I phrase that kind of the opposite of what I meant. But yeah, Iran's coverage should dwarf that which was given to the whole Venezuela thing, which I admit was surprising and interesting and president breaking. But yeah, this is history changing. This is finally perhaps the reformation of the Middle East after all of these decades. It's just it's enormous, or.
Speaker 1: There's a possibility.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is what's going to happen, but the possibility we have ten the thousands of troops taking fire on the ground in a full on war with a serious country like within days, that is absolutely possible. Yeah, you think, or at the very very least, we're gonna take carg Island. You would think that would rank above weather, but it doesn't. No, particularly weather in the New York metro Yeah, no, kidding. Let's start to show officially, we got lots of good stuff.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, it's clips of the weekday, It's the day we start drinking dakeries in the fourth hour. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, March twenty seventh. We're about out of March. People that you are twenty six Armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: I feel bad.
Speaker 4: Michael and I were talking about what flavored dakeries and he insisted on plantain dakeries. Wow, I said some things I probably shouldn't have said. I got a little hot. I'm sorry, Michael. Okay, what an obscure fruit? Yeah, I know, I know, strawberries. No, I'm sorry. I'm started again. All right, let's be get at your officially, according to the FCC rules and rags.
Speaker 1: Here we go ahead. Mark, Apparently we're under attacking a homeland.
Speaker 3: Okay, which national anthem from opening day was that Dodgers Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: It was Keith Williams, Junior, noted vocalist. He's sung the anthem many times at ballparks, but had a bit of a night.
Speaker 1: Apparently a rough tie.
Speaker 3: Man I was watching some of the rollout that the Dodgers did for fans and everything, and opening night that was quite the spectacle. Of course, you got the one of the greatest teams ever assembled, everybody picking them the three peat, maybe changing all of pro sports forever, and having to come up with some sort of rules so billionaires don't come along and just buy every good player in every sport.
Speaker 4: You got a budget fairly roughly similar to the federal government, about the same number. We're going to spend seven hundred and eighty trillion dollars on the Dodgers payroll this year.
Speaker 3: Well, they had the best player in baseball show hey Otani, you know, playing with the best pitcher in baseball, MVP of last year's World Series, and then a whole bunch of All stars and MVPs. And they've added people since they're repeat last year. Might win one hundred and fifty games. It's quite the experiment in pro sports to see if people dig that or not. We'll see the Dodgers fans certainly dig it.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we got a Gillen Sorry, every park around the country when the Dodgers in town, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Your team's gonna lose.
Speaker 3: But you know, my my take as a casual fan of all sports is people kind of like dynasties, whether rooting for them or against them. Uh, seems to be over the top. Though this could be over the top, Yeah, they could. Well, all dynasties wear out their welcome, do or people get sick of it. Patriots, Chiefs, Yankees, Dodgers, Cowboys, Warriors, Lakers, whoever, they wear out their welcome People like ah Wan something different, But we'll see how that works out. We got lots of stuff to talk about today, Katie's headlines on the way you get clips of the week, so stay here. It's so easy without discipline to get sucked into these various online wormholes now and then.
Speaker 1: But last night I went down the rabbit hole of Erica kirk hate.
Speaker 4: Oh ye.
Speaker 3: That is one of the strangest phenomenons of my lifetime. And I don't know if that's just going to be the future of the world. Could you come up with a more compelling figure, a more you know, sympathetic figure than Erica Kirkin and what happened in her life and the way she's been turned into this villain by so many people. It's just crazy and as always an agent of the Jews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sent Jack this video of this woman who claimed it would be a CIA veteran or something, and it was just a classic, you know, describing an interaction then with the raised eyebrow, And that's not a coincidence. That's the way an asset behaves, an intelligence asset. Take it from me and then another and then they were at the same party. Do you think that was a coincidence. That's exactly how an asset behaves. And I just saw the people who are prone to believing that's sort of thing, just being pulled along like a bass with the hook through.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Even Joe Rogan the other day, you know, I erard Erica Kirk she's got a penis. Joe Rogan said it sounded completely serious, and he said, is she a crazy be or what used the word? And then they showed videos of her look at her eyes? Who does that with their eyes? And it's just I don't know what this whole thing is. And then and then the trying to make a giant we conspiracy we should all be afraid of out of it. I just I might it might be no country for old men. I might just not fit into the modern world. I don't even understand what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's it's mental illness.
Speaker 4: It's as if you know, humanity is a single brain, and we're all nodes in that brain. We're all neurons in that brain, and something's been introduced into our body chemistry that our brain can't handle. And that's the media and social internet and conspiracy, you know, theorists and that sort of thing. Uh, it's possible if you draw in that poison, it will it will ruin you as an individual node. And maybe the whole I don't know, hasn't ruined me. I just think you're all nuts. Anyway, Let's figure out who' supporting what. It's a lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 5: Katie all right, the Big Headlines Associated Press. Trump said he will sign an emergency order to pay TSA agents.
Speaker 1: ABC Senate bill pass Senate.
Speaker 5: Passes bill to fund all parts of DHS except for ICE and.
Speaker 1: Parts of CBP and NBC.
Speaker 5: Trump says he will order DHS to immediately pay TSA officers as partial shut down drags on.
Speaker 3: So is that what got the Senate moving When Trump said he would sign an executive order because it was going to look like Trump came.
Speaker 1: To the rescue.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 5: From the Washington Post, US uses hundreds of Tomahawk missiles on Iran, alarming sum at the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: After How does.
Speaker 3: Iran continue to have so many missiles and rockets and everything like that. I hope we get to talk to Mike Lyons today, if not today, on Monday. Man, oh man, we have beaten the s out of them, as Trump said yesterday, and they still have the ability to fire off so much stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand the concern that we've got to have stockpiles.
Speaker 1: But it's funny.
Speaker 4: It's often presented in the media as we can't use the weapons because we have to have weapons. Why do we want to have weapons? Well, to use them, But that's what we're doing. Yeah, well then we won't have them, all right.
Speaker 1: They're exhausting. Yes. From Reuters.
Speaker 5: Transgender athletes banned from female category at Olympic events.
Speaker 4: Good on the iOS there are men probably, Yes, I hope this should give cover to every state or high school in the country or the world.
Speaker 1: Well, we're just going to follow the Olympic rules.
Speaker 4: It does give them cover when the activist lunatics try to hurt them, because that's what active is lunatics do.
Speaker 1: They try to hurt you if you disagree with them. Good for good for the IOC. We've got more on that to come.
Speaker 5: ESPN MLB is twenty twenty six opener highlights growing ship to streaming, which is costing fans more.
Speaker 1: Well, what does that mean? Why does it cost me more?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: For example, like Netflix's price is just I think they're either going up today or went up yesterday because they got this deal with the Major League Baseball. Yeah.
Speaker 1: More and more games is are on subscription services at a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I saw yesterday there was a game on Peacock or something that I would take, take a golden goose of it's pro sports, and then just keep beating it with a bat since his baseball beat it with a.
Speaker 1: Bat to give it more goals. Yeah, make to make more money, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Speaking of streaming. From the Financial Times, Netflix earns forty five point two billion dollars in revenue during twenty twenty five and projects fifty one billion in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Wow, I almost never watch anything on Netflix. I think we do weekly. Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the New York Post coca fueled sharks are on the prowl in the Caribbean, and scientists.
Speaker 4: Blame partying tourists. Wow, throwing cocaine in the water. Yeah, I guess dropping it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's been a little too expensive to throw the shark.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you're worried about the economics of it when we have cocaine fueled sharks swimming in our waters. Good Lord, missing the big point. Jack biting you. It'll just talk you to death.
Speaker 5: Study finds one in three women say being female has held them back, and gen Z says they feel it the most.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, barf. Wow.
Speaker 5: And finally, the Babylon Bee mysterious investor Pantsynelosi makes millions on oil trade minutes before Trump's I Ran announcement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of talk about trying to crack down on this prop betting, particularly around legislation and events around the world that you know, various politicians could vote on or make decisions on how they're going to try to get it out out of our system. But we have to talk about that. Lots of people introducing rules to try to stop Then it was.
Speaker 1: Bad this week Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Trump is not going wobbly on his original plan to wipe out Iran's capability to continue to be the number one terror state and get nuclear weapons. That is all the reporting I'm reading, Okay from honest brokers. We got to get into more of that coming up.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 4: Just since I'm thinking about it, We just got a great idea from listener Ed who suggested we look up Mike Rowe and chat with him about the coming of AI. Oh, that's a good one and the nature of work and college and blue collar work and that sort of thing. Yeah, we ought to see if we can connect with Mike love to do that.
Speaker 1: Good idea, Ed.
Speaker 4: It's the Friday tradition beloved by all. Let's take fun look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the Week.
Speaker 1: About three weeks into the Iran War, which started with the death of one ay Tolla Homony and the appointment of another Aye Tala Homony hominy too. But one's dead.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This thing's going to be settled very soon. We did a yojima. We can do this the Marines. My money is always on the marine. Then what makes you trust me? I don't trust anybody. I don't trust you.
Speaker 4: I would not believe it Ryan regime and never I am never in all the work I've ever done of ther own regime, they do nothing but life for their teeth.
Speaker 1: We're gonna end up with settling this. Otherwise we just keep bombing our little hearts out. Sometimes you have to escalate to d escalege. But I really hope the American people will be with him because he is doing this to make the whole world safer him.
Speaker 6: We are an idea that threatens Iran, that threatens this regime because we are open, we are progressive, we are tolerant, We're a vibrant economy, and you.
Speaker 1: Know they're effected. The amazing thing is we don't need the foremost string. We don't need it at all. We don't we have so much oil.
Speaker 4: A street band is coming your way and we are bringing hope over fear, Peace over.
Speaker 1: A Plato will provide a personalized experience adaptive to the needs of each student. You must be happy. I'm very happy Tola is dead. And what who what?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Who does ill toll us?
Speaker 5: This leg band has had plenty of girlfriends with penises.
Speaker 1: I can't explain that you know a person living like a rat. It pieces me off. That's what I was like, what should I do if it settle the clean We cannot incarcelrate our weight out of violence. We've already tried that.
Speaker 6: It is racist.
Speaker 1: It is more is unholy through the pass five. What's so proly we.
Speaker 2: Wors Gily Street.
Speaker 1: It's clips of.
Speaker 4: The week.
Speaker 1: A lot there.
Speaker 4: I've forgotten all about the subterranean sword junkies of Los Angeles, people living.
Speaker 1: In the sewers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh so uh Malania's speech about the robots, How do I understand the tech companies. They're they're for profit businesses, for profit businesses trying to convince.
Speaker 1: Everybody that this new world is going to be great. But I understand all the other people that are.
Speaker 3: Willing to present the new robot world, the new AI robot world, and everything like that in glowing terms all the time, because I don't know. I personally don't know a single person who doesn't seem to be mostly worried or scared about it. So I'm just surprised that so many people like Malanie Trump, but lots of other people and then teachers will be able to come into your home, the robot teachers and every single person I know, if I have every conversation I've ever had about this sort of stuff, talks about it in horrific terms.
Speaker 1: So what pushes the this is going to be fantastic from from some corners? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 3: Are they just? Is it because the government's the betting on the financial windfall of this? I don't know, But the real people are not reacting to all this robot stuff with oh.
Speaker 1: This is going to be great when robots are doing everything.
Speaker 4: Maybe somebody, some folks, because Malani is very bright, maybe she just lacks that whole I don't know, bit or pessimism or ability to see the will wait a minute, what will cause ds be so anxious to learn if they can't have a job and put like chuckling news anchors, it's just always and then soon the robots will be able to teach us and you know, wash our cars and work in the kitchens or restaurants. That's fantastic and weather I mean, I just that's not the way people are reacting. That's what's what I'm saying to Milania news anchors and other people.
Speaker 3: Normal people are not reacting to this with overwhelming positivity based on my anecdotal evidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I liked the spirit of her speech, and because she's really into education and kids, all kids, poor kids, kids of all, you know, hues of skin color, getting access to serious education, which I think is a wonderful thing to aspire to.
Speaker 1: But if the economy is.
Speaker 4: Fundamentally not not just restructure, just reinvented by AI and computers and robots, what are the kids learning and for what purpose?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: You might as well say, well, we don't know, but let's default toward developing this stuff because it can't hurt I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well that's fine, but I don't need to default toward it's gonna be awesome without any skeptical questions, right.
Speaker 1: I just don't get that.
Speaker 3: And I gotta believe the teachers' Unions of America are not going to welcome with open arms robots that can be knowledgeable in every subject and to adjust to every child and everyone can have one in their home.
Speaker 4: They're not going to think that's awesome. Oh no, because they have no interest in the children's interests. They exist to extract dues from their membership and then to use those dues to influence politicians, so they get more dues from their membership. It's all money, and it's only money. So maybe I'll get to this in more detail a little bit later. But I was reading Mark Alprin's News round up today and he is going on about how a lot of mainstream media is just defying what the President says and facts on the ground about the whole Iran thing and presenting it as a clear disaster from the get go.
Speaker 1: Were were mired in a.
Speaker 3: Swamp of a disastrous war and Trump's looking for an off ramp. When Mark Helprin says everything Trump says and all is reporting about people close to Trump say, it's the exact opposite. He's as committed as ever to his goals and it's going really, really well. So I thought that was interesting. All this is a misreading of Trump's intentions and the facts on the ground to say he can't achieve these goals, which he uses a specific article from the New York Times to say, what are they talking about? But here's Mark Fieson in the Washington Post who has sources. Also, speculation is flying that President Donald Trump buffeted by rising gas prices and domestic political concerns. Is desperate for an off ramp and looking for a deal with Iran to end the war. These leaks, whisper and rumors are wrong. While others may be panicking, I know from well placed sources that Trump has never been more determined to see this military campaign through to completion. The message to Iran, and this is Mark Halpern's reporting from other sources. Mark Deeson's got his own sources. The message to Iran is clear, and this is what he's going to stay with. Either the regime gives Trump what he demands in total, or the United States will unleash hell and take it from them.
Speaker 4: These are the only two options that are being discussed. I've got to admit, I eye of all people, somewhat naively had assumed. I'm examining my own feelings now, Jack. I had naively assumed that when it came to war and life and death, the fun house mirror of the American media would at least get flattened out a little bit because it's so enormously important and impactful. And again people are being hurt and dying, and our country's military is involved. But no, no, they've They've kept calling place from the same playbook.
Speaker 1: I hate him. Yeah, it's interesting though. Hmm.
Speaker 3: So this guy writing in substack, I'm gonna have to do a little research on who he is. I don't know his name. He's got a Middle Eastern sounding name. It This was recommended as the most important thing to read today his opinion piece. Anyway, he said, the reading by the mainstream media is wrong on this. The war is not absence of absence of strategy. It is course of diplomacy terms first, pressure, second, pause, third, then renewed pressure from a stronger position, continuing until they're either decimated or they surrender.
Speaker 1: Well described.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of this is the biggest or best or whatever. Friend of the Armstrong and Getty show sent this my way. This should be the biggest story in the country right now. Barksdale Air Force Base is the headquarters for our B fifty two nuclear bombers. It's where Bush sheltered on nine to eleven and sophisticated drones far more sophisticated than anything seen in Ukraine and well beyond Iranian capabilities attacked Louisiana's Barksdale bomber base. Was the first time a US air base was temporarily put out of operation in wartime, something that is that never happened to even in.
Speaker 1: World War Two. Did not owe that story. This is not I hate that. Oh, here it is. Here's the link. It's from Asia Times, which I think is a fairly substantial news organization. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hadn't heard this at all. It was attacked by drone swarms during the week of March ninth. Okay, so it was a couple of weeks ago. I do remember hearing about that. It disrupted B fifty two H aircraft launches in support of Operation Epic Theory against Iran. First time US air base out of operation even World War Two. Each wave forced the Air Force to halt operations and send its personnel to shelters. Let's see what do we well, drone wave lasted around four hours each day.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I'd like to know more about that, and of course we certainly wouldn't be I amplifying that story, as our military wouldn't be anyway.
Speaker 1: For obvious reasons.
Speaker 4: A little more description of the drones and why they were so sophisticated. After a word from our friends, that's simply safe, sopeing of sophisticated You know a lot of your really popular brands of like door bell cameras. They give you an alert, Hey, there's somebody at your front door and you're in a meeting, you're on an airplane, you're asleep.
Speaker 1: You what are you supposed to do about it?
Speaker 4: Simply Safe has super sophisticated AI watching for you that alerts live monitoring agents who take control.
Speaker 3: Simply Safe's active guard outdoor protection. It can prevent break ins before they happen. And simply Safe is so confident in their product they do not lock you in with long term contracts. You don't have to do that at all. They earn your confidence every single day. And it's not even very expensive. And I'm one of the millions of people that you simply say.
Speaker 4: Just name best home security system of twenty twenty six again by US News and World Report. Right now, you good people, get fifty percent off your new simply Safe system at simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So a description of these drones. The drones themselves may have been autonomous or semi autonomous and operated in ways suggesting the drones were equipped with multiple sensors that directed the behavior of each drone over the base and in response to attempts at jamming. In a nutshell, the drones that operated over Barksdale are far more sophisticated than anything seen in Ukraine, where drones are used heavily and well beyond Iranian capabilities.
Speaker 1: China, maybe nobody's sure. We'll have to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 3: Are we going to keep on eye on the major controversy that is Trump's name is going to end up on our currency? Oh my god, he's just like Hitler or something. According to ms now I saw this morning.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't listen to the whole story, but Mshi, am I allowed to spell swear words on the air? What's the FCC say about that? That's a good question. I don't you'd think after being in broadcasting my entire life, I would know that.
Speaker 4: Can I spell a swear word? I mean, I don't think the FCC does anything at this point. I don't think so either. It should be disbanded. We should get our money back? Yes, indeed, ahah do you think we probably can and probably can't? Well, because I would like to from now till the end of our careers spell MS now is mshi.
Speaker 1: You know on.
Speaker 4: I can pause a second then say T, but having paused, it's okay to use those letters out there's having Seriously, folks, this is so interesting looking at the history of swearing and how it changes according to societies and languages and stuff like that. The idea that if I were to utter those letters of the alphabet in order, it was some sort of magic incantation out of Harry Potter and people's air would fall out, or people would go blind in their left eye or whatever.
Speaker 1: Old people would.
Speaker 4: Faint exactly like it has some sort of magical powers.
Speaker 1: It's really very silly. Do you know something about this, Katie?
Speaker 5: According to the interwebs, spelling a swear word on the radio is forbidden. According to the good old FCC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they can f you them.
Speaker 4: I had heard that you could do it, but you have to allow thirty seconds between each letter, so it's very slow entertaining.
Speaker 3: We'll look into these and other important questions to all of you coming up on the show ahead. We're going to talk to Mike Lines a little bit later about all those soldiers we got sending we're sending to the Middle East and what they might be doing and what sort of resistance they could face, So we'll get to that now. Or three got mail bag next along lines the airport are soon to be over. They got a deal to end the TSA blah blah blah. So good news for your traveling this weekend.
Speaker 4: Having resolved whatever stupidity they were pretending to argue over. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day and look great, Mark Twain, sent along by David Alert listener David.
Speaker 1: Thank you, David.
Speaker 4: The truth has no defense against a full determined to believe a lie. See the Internet mailbag. The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie.
Speaker 3: Or kind of In a similar vein, It's easy to believe a lie if you want it to be true all which is really really hard to fight.
Speaker 1: In your own head.
Speaker 4: Asked, let's see drop us note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. We'll start with Aaron, who includes a link that would take too long to explain what it has to do with gender bending. Madness is as a resolve to correcting people when they use gender language. Example, someone refers to a surgeried woman on hormones as he I say, it's she. It's twenty twenty six. This does two things highlight not only that it's over and the jig is up, but also how short lived the scene actually was.
Speaker 3: Well, we got Bob Costas later coming out and saying the IOC was correct. If Bob Costas is now on that side of it, now you know the jig is up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: On the topic of the social media trial and addiction that sort of thing, William from Beautiful Clovis Rights, Clovis, California. I love to go fishing, but the thing is, every time I go, I catch a fish or two. The fact that there are more fish in the lake is making it addictive. Who do I go to to sue God for maliciously placing more fish.
Speaker 1: In the lake? Why this is?
Speaker 4: The press is so much fraud? Why does God keep making these delicious fish reproduce? As a Californian, I believe it's my duty to sue. Anyway, Love your show, keep up a good work, keep up the good emails.
Speaker 1: William.
Speaker 3: Thanks endless scrolling on Instagram, endless fish in the lake. There's all kinds of way that these businesses trap you. We must sue God.
Speaker 4: JT and livermore with a great thought about robot umpires. Baseball is the last sport that he drove out onpires. Unlike most all major sports, baseball season even its playoffs, are built around the notion that on any given day, the worst team in baseball can beat the best team in baseball. So why the season is one hundred and sixty two games long? So why the playoffs feature best of seven and best of five and best of seven series. In other words, the structure of baseball already counts for the randomness of the occasional bad call.
Speaker 1: It does. It's you know, well, he's absolutely right.
Speaker 4: A dominant, great basketball team will beat a terrible basketball team almost every single game, and baseball not so much. No, there's much more randomness to the game. And this wonderful email from Katie in La. You have to hand it to these Raelies. Our media doesn't cover the extent of the damage and death in Israel with the recent bombings by Iran. The Iranians are now sending cluster bombs which are getting through the Iron Dome, causing tremendous damage. Scores of people have been killed even inside shelters. They're constantly running back and forth into shelters and safe rooms. Soldiers and reservists are exhausted, most people aren't working. Level of stress and psychological damage the country has yet to be fully realized. Yet with all this, they're keeping their creativity and sense of humor. Some apps that have been recently developed and are very popular in Israel.
Speaker 1: Do I have time to shower? You enter your location.
Speaker 4: The app calculates the probability of getting a siren within the next half hour, so you don't have to worry about running the shelter with shampoo in your hair. There's bomb Shelter Locator. Even off line, you can find the nearest shelter wherever you are. Shelter Leaderboard calculates the number of hours spent in shelters and creates leader boards based on location and sirens data. This one's been around since October seventh, but it's still genius. Before any siren is sounded and you get a text message to let you know it's coming, This helps reduce jumpiness when you hear sirens like police, an ambulance and that sort of thing, and you know, okay, there's the air raid. I knew it was gonna come. Gives you a chance to head for the shelter and Katie's favorite hooked.
Speaker 1: Scan a QR code as.
Speaker 4: You enter the bomb shelter and you'll get matched with other singles in the bomb shelter.
Speaker 1: With you kinda She says that go ahea.
Speaker 3: Did you see the video of the rocket hitting in some town and the car flipping up in the area yesterday?
Speaker 1: God, I can't imagine living like that, she says. I wonder if this attitude is another reason people hate to choose the resiliency and creativity that allows them to get through all the horrible times. She signs off, addicted to your show, even though it's the most depressing show on the radio. Thank you, Katie and lay it is. We're trying to fix that. We've got more on the way. If you miss the second, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty