Speaker 1: Man, it's time for Donkey of the Day. You have a bunch of donkeys out here. Donkey today called Donkey of to day. It really caught me off. Guards.
Speaker 2: We live a life where we might are tongue based off who we may have famied. You never would say any time.
Speaker 1: You are a donkey. That is why Charlamagne is some donkey. Today's just sad themself on the breakfast club. Okay, Charlawage, we were giving Donkey of the day too.
Speaker 2: It's a day, yes, donkey today for Wednesday, August fifth, is going to.
Speaker 1: A whole family.
Speaker 2: Yes, a man, a woman and child, a husband, a mother, a son.
Speaker 1: Okay, the family is the Lackards, all right.
Speaker 2: Mount Vernon Deputy Police Commissioner Jennifer Lackard, who is forty nine, her husband James Lackard, and their twenty year old son, Chase Laccard. Yesterday's he is a family packed ladies in gettlemen. Okay, let me read you the headline from the New York Post. It says, and why police big wig husband helped goon sun playing gangland shooting and mom was getaway driver. I repeat the Mount Vernon Deputy Police Commissioner Jennifer Lackard helped her son plan a gangland shooting and she was the getaway driver. You can't make this kind of stuff, pulp. Let's go to ABC seven and Wyftaryport.
Speaker 3: Please this chilling surveillance image from November twenty twenty four. She was a nineteen year old pointing a gun at an NYPD officer in the Bronx. An officer shot him in the leg that rainy night, and the young man later identified as Chase Laccard of Soundview, was arrested on weapons and menacing charges. Officials that night said he was a gang member with a criminal history who never should have been on the street. Now a year and a half later, his mom, Jennifer Lackard, was in court charged with being her son's getaway driver after he aimed a gun again, this time firing several times right behind the Bronx Courthouse June twenty ninth. He was in court that morning. Prosecutor said this shooting was also caught on surveillance and there were text messages. Twenty year old Chase told Jennifer Lackard to wait for him outside the building she was finding ing.
Speaker 2: Questioning her question mark, she says you chanses he s the timely Nes.
Speaker 1: To be branch.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Lacquard was until this week a deputy commissioner in the Mount Vernon Police Department. The City of Mount Vernon issued a statement saying she'd been terminated, effective immediately today. She faced attempted murder, conspiracy, and weapons charges.
Speaker 2: I keep telling you all the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, I asked my parents to take me a lot of places, Okay, a lot of places I needed rids to right drop me off at a friend's house, maybe the skating ring, a football game on a Friday night. But never in my life have I asked my mother or father to drop me off of the shootout. Okay, somebody in Detroit is writing a script for this new family crime.
Speaker 1: Thriller right now. Okay, a twenty year old that makes.
Speaker 2: Poor choices has usually been influenced by an adult that has made poor choices.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's easy to condemn this nineteen twenty year old kid.
Speaker 2: But when they say the apple do on fall too far from the treat is what they are talking about it right. The fact that you are the deputy police commissioner, an officer of the law. You are supposed to protect and serve the escalate crime. Instead you chose to raise a criminal.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The New York Post said the parents helped their son Chase plan a hit right outside of the Bronx Criminal Court. They was in a Chrysler pacifica okay, and their son, who they said, is a member of the Slutty gang.
Speaker 1: What gang did they say?
Speaker 2: The slutty gang, That's what The New York Post said, open fire on a member of a rival street crew called Pee la Fay, and by the grace of God, he missed his targets. How you a police officer but haven't even taught your son how to shoot?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm glad nobody got hit, But if you're going to take your son out to get to drop on his ops, at least make sure he has a great aim.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You had everything else planned out, according to the New York Posts. After they drove off, they had their son changed clothes to avoid detection.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what happened here, I really don't, Okay.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Lackett, of course, was fired from her job as Mount Vernon Deputy Police commissioner. She was making one hundred and thirty eight thousand, two hundred and nineteen thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was the boss of the wellness unit.
Speaker 2: Now the whole family is facing attempted murder okay, conspiracy and reckless endangerment charges.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to explain to me how this happens. Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean one of my pet peeves is hypocrisy, and in this case the hypocrisy is heavy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The people who are supposed to stop crime allegedly became the support staff for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, not just the fact she was in law enforcement, but the fact she was a parent. I don't understand the.
Speaker 2: Dynamics of marriages anymore because someone is supposed to intervene and simply say this is stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: James, you the husband, the head of the household. Your job is to protect and provide whats you off duty. Jennifer, you the mother and deputy police commissioner. You don't have nothing better for your son to do this summer? Okay, he's twenty, Tell him go find a job. Sen as young Aster Trade school. What about your son? Don't you that you would allow him to throw his life away like this and ruin your life in the process.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is the epitome of why you have to be your child's parents and not their ganggang. Okay.
Speaker 2: It's usually friends enabling behavior like this in the youth, but in this case, the parents are enabling the criminal behavior instead of parenting. Jennifer James, you're supposed to be driving your son to college, you know, church a job interview. What prosecutors are saying you drove your son to commit attempted murder? How you go from carpooling to conspiracy? Okay, I'll be the first to tell you. Every day I learned something new about parenting.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You would think for as long as people have been doing it, we would have it all figured out by now, But we don't.
Speaker 1: Okay. But I know one thing. I'm not perfect, but I'm not the goddamn lackers. Okay. The lackers was out here helping their son catching somebody lack him. Okay. The job of a parent is.
Speaker 2: To raise productive citizens, not to become accomplices in their crimes. Some families don't don't pass down wealth. Some don't pass down wisdom, They pass down bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Okay, And if.
Speaker 2: Nobody breaks the cycle of generational ignorance, everybody eventually ends.
Speaker 1: Up trapped by it. Please give the laccards the biggest he huh. I don't get it me neither. I don't I don't get mean, I don't get it. All right, thank you for that. Donkey Today, Yes.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.