Speaker 1: I Put with Alexi Napola and Marisa Patton, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another podcast of I Put.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody. We just survived a torrential hurricane, didn't we, Alexia?
Speaker 3: Well, yes we Fortunately we were blessed and it didn't come our way, and we did prepare very much for it. But luckily for us, it didn't go this way.
Speaker 1: What did you do to prepare?
Speaker 3: Well, the usual, bringing all the patio furniture, have flashlights and batteries, having enough water and.
Speaker 1: Food, food, food essential. How about alcohol? Did you have any of that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I always have a full bar here. I know you, yet.
Speaker 1: Your house is like the only place I can get a good drink.
Speaker 2: But you know what, but it's lonely.
Speaker 3: It was only Frankie and I here, so it's not like I was going to drink by myself.
Speaker 2: With Frankie. I prefer to go to somebody else's house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but with you know, I didn't really think it was going to come this way, So in other circumstances, I would have probably gone to somebody's house, to my family's house or friends, or even your house. Because I'm really scared to be alone but honestly, during during a circumstance like that. But we had a few winds that night that were a little scary, but it was it was just like some bands. It came really strong. And then the next day it woke up. The day was beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was prettier than yeah it was.
Speaker 3: The sun was out. It was really beautiful. But you know, you always have to prepare for the worst.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Steve did all the work. He was blowing the yard incessantly. He would not stop blowing the art and said, Steve, there's a storm coming. What are you doing? Why why would you clean the yard for it to be destroyed by the storm. He said, I think it's just therapy. I think it's therapeutic for him. No, well, he said, I have to look out the window and it looks clean, the cup pretty, it looks now and I could look out the window and it looks nice. I said, that's gonna last an hour. When the rains, all the leaves are gonna come. Then he was running out of places to blow. I saw him inside the poolhouse. I'm like, what are you doing in the poolhouse.
Speaker 2: With the blower? There's nothing to blow in there, so you fixed the blower. I know, last time I was there it wasn't working.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, it was down in the rain by production. So we got a new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing like a new blower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say, in more ways than one, everything's been festive around here. We've actually, you know, turned it into a party if we could. You know, when you get a little you get cabin fever, you have to come up with things to do. I love to play scrabble. Have you played scrabble?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. It's it's so fun. I'm obsessed. Well I was here board, but we had electricity.
Speaker 3: Nothing happened, So it was just like a regular night for us, and went to sleep early. Woke up the next day. It was a beautiful day, went to the gym, went for a walk.
Speaker 1: Of course you did. You're so healthy.
Speaker 3: You're trying to be help healthy and it's very therapeutic nowadays. For me, it's all about therapy.
Speaker 1: You got to do everything that makes you feel good. You have to and bob out in Loweno mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So no, it was just like another beautiful day.
Speaker 3: We closed the like Sam Frankie's Beauty Bar on Wednesday, because you know, how everybody needed to get prepared for the storm. And I feel like people also take advantage that about what's going on so they don't have to report at work.
Speaker 2: I mean that schools that were.
Speaker 3: Closed, so a lot of my girls have kids, So honestly, you know, I think that that's the best decision, you know, in a case like got to just close it. But then on Thursday, we were open and you know, and busy. You know, I guess everybody that took the day off went to go to their nails.
Speaker 1: Honey, listen, all that prep running a home deep them preparing your yard and your home will screw up your nails big times. So you you that was good for you.
Speaker 2: I was open the next day. Ready for that? Yeah, ready for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well on the happier news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what's what's happy?
Speaker 2: What's happy? You and Boo Bear me got married? You and you and Boo.
Speaker 3: Bear got officially married in the courthouse. So he did sharing it with our audience now. But of course I know about that, and I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah. And so I'm reading here someone leaked it before you came home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I well, I don't even know how anybody found out, because I really didn't tell anybody. I mean, you knew, and then people we work with knew, and that was no for you. No, I know, it wasn't you. I don't even have time. I know, you don't know how to leak anything. Usually would be it would be you, Marisol. But yeah, it wasn't me because I was busy getting married. So when I'm coming home from courthouse, I start getting emails from William and my and my publicist Vanessa that they forwarded to me from page six asking for confirmation that we got married at the Coral Gables Courthouse. I was like, Okay, well, nobody knows we're getting married at the Coral Gables Courthouse except for me and Steve and you know, people we work with. And yeah, so I don't know who leaked it, but it got out there and it was already an article before I even got home from the courthouse.
Speaker 2: It was already like the ink was still wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly. But we had a really really really fun time. You know, I like to make my weddings memorable. So this was the third one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by yourself, because I've never been part of them. No one gets to enjoy the mix.
Speaker 1: Right. I didn't even have photos this time. I don't have anything. I got one someone took and shared with me a week later.
Speaker 2: If this one not Papa, would you have made a public Right now?
Speaker 1: I feel silly already. You know, you've already had two that were pretings. Your third No, two that were public, And I was like, we're just going to the courthouse. You know, it's not a big deal. I don't want to make it a thing.
Speaker 2: But by the way, this one's the one that really counts well for you.
Speaker 3: I mean they all count yeah, No, I mean I want to say, I know for you, it's always counted because the's spiritual. I mean, like you are all about the spiritual Celomon ceremony.
Speaker 1: The first one was spiritual, the second one was legit, but it just wasn't you know in the US.
Speaker 2: In your country, Well, that means it's a legit.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like they're a legit, right, I mean, you've the sacraments and the vowels are olligit and you've been with Steve for four years living together. You were like super married, right. It's just now that you signed a piece of paper right.
Speaker 1: Where you are we needed to make things legal for certain you know reasons we're getting a little older, and well we'll save that for another day. But you know, it was it was it.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to make it official. You wanted to make it was a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in the eyes of the law, for you know, legal reasons and wills and trusts and all that stuff kind of thing you know, grow grown up talk things I never thought i'd have to worry about my life.
Speaker 3: For me, I mean, that's all very important, but for me, it's always been more like the commitment, even though it's always like a commitment obviously between you know, a couple when you're living together, even you know there's no paper, but like for me, it's always meant like it's more security, you know, emotionally, And I mean you wouldn't think that I would think that right after three marriages, but I still believe that, Like I'm like, it's like a commitment, like okay, now it's like really, I don't want to say real because it's always real, but it's hard for me to put it in words, but it's like emotional security, you know, for me, more than anything I felt.
Speaker 1: I did when you came over with Julia like a few days after the wedding, and we were sitting there talking. I was like, God, I'm a married woman. I am married to Steven. I felt very married in that moment when I was talking to you girls. I felt it on the inside. I was like, this is real right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a good feeling. So are you going to take his last name?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, not, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I've lived with this last name for so long.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows me. Is this path right?
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna talk. We're gonna get into that in a little bit. Because speaking of marriage. Is a woman that says her ex of twenty six years is getting remarried, but she doesn't want to draw up his last name MH. On a Reddit post, a woman asked for advice on whether or not she was in the wrong for choosing to keep her last name from a prior marriage despite her ex husband getting engaged again. And by the way, it's with another man, she posted, but apparently the guy's really jealous.
Speaker 4: See it.
Speaker 3: People gonna say the guy's the one that wants her to drop the name. She you know, his fiance. Oh, she posted I divorced my husband two years ago after twenty six years of marriage. We have four kids, and the split was amicable. He came out as gay and we mutually agreed to part ways. Changing my name wasn't a priority. I still use his last name on official documents, but go by my maiden name socially.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm okay.
Speaker 3: Then at their grandsons okay. So then at their grandson's party, her ex suddenly asked if she would consider dropping his last name. His fiance chimed in, saying that it makes them very uncomfortable that I still use it, and that she isn't yeah, and that she isn't moving on and clinging to something in the past. But also the woman doesn't want to change it to be the odd one out and feel corner to do something she isn't comfortable doing just to keep peace.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Why would this guy care. He's a man in a in a in a male relationship, and that's a woman that he had all four children.
Speaker 3: But even if it was with a woman, like it doesn't matter what the sex is. It doesn't matter that it's gay and the fiancees a man. It could be a woman.
Speaker 1: All feeling if he's feeling uncomfortable, I would I would think, I mean from competition of.
Speaker 3: All, this woman has had that name, the last name, her husband's last name, for twenty six years. It's more like her last name, you know what I mean. I'm her child, her adult life or her adult life. She's had that last name, and she has four children with him as well, and it just like makes no sense, like you can keep your ex husband's last name, and that's something that's very personal.
Speaker 1: He's being controlling, he's being controlling. That's not right, right until twenty six years.
Speaker 3: Right, So what would you do if your ex asked it has to you to take back that he wanted his last name back from you.
Speaker 1: I'd it freakyet it. It's not happening, Well, it depends.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like the few Sometimes you are like the last name you got for me my husband, and it's like you can have a bag if you too.
Speaker 1: Have a good long name, then you like it. Then you liked it because I never took any of them.
Speaker 3: But that's not why you didn't do it. Did you honestly know that because I like my last name better. Okay, Well that's silly it's an excellent name.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's a very strong name. It's very powerful. I agree with you. I feel like the first husband most women. You know, times have changed and a lot of women will keep their last their maiden name and hyphenate, which is actually a very good thing. That's what I should have probably done, because it would have been easier to just drop all of the drop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell might not name now.
Speaker 3: And my maiden name, which nobody actually knows because I got married at a young age, so at the age of twenty four twenty five, I already had my son's dad's last name, Rosello, and then I became a teacher with that name, so I was Missus Rosello, Missus Rosello. And and I feel that for women, I can speak for myself and for many other women that I know and I'm friends with, that it was very important for them to keep their last name because of their children. You know, you don't want to go to school and your last name is different, and your kids is different, and they referred to different.
Speaker 2: It's really hard for the kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, times have changed, and like for example, my mother was divorced five times and she never she took. My father was her first husband, so she took his last name Figurelo, which is my maiden name. And she became a doctor as Figuerelo, so everybody knew her as doctor Figurelo, just like my dad there was a doctor, doctor Figuerrelo. So that's another reason why women keep last names. Right, It's like her professional name. Everybody knew w her was doctor Figuerrelo. So she would have gone divorced all these times and had all these different last names. It would have affected her business. So that's another, you know, good reason why women keep you know, the last name of the of their husband.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I was a business person and my company was called Patent Group. My television name is Patten and to be changing it because now I'm almost I've been married two times while I've been doing.
Speaker 2: The show to different people. It's just for me, it's easier to just stay Patent right.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I should have done that, Maybe I should have done that, but you see, I've been with I'm very traditional and for sure, when I married the father of my kids, I wanted his last name, and you know, my kids have.
Speaker 1: Their last name. I liked the last name Rosello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was pretty and you know, I was young and you know, and why not. But then with my second husband, you know, I guess I'm very like really like machikamen because like it's been like a deal breaker for them, like you need to change your last name, like you're not Rosello anymore.
Speaker 2: Now you're a Chevaria. You know, I said, you know what, that's like a powerful name. Whatever. But the funny thing was that his ex wife was yeah, but no, but it's like a powerful last name. I mean, they've all been good.
Speaker 3: But the funny thing was that herman's ex wife Kepta and she was so proud of it. She would like call everybody and say, oh, this is Eleana Chavarria, like Herman's whatever.
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, bro, like calm down, like you know you want to come down.
Speaker 3: It's like now, and and I'm the current one, so just calm down. But I feel like so And it's funny because I know of men that have wanted their ex wives to drop the last name. They actually offered the money. Many out the really either like you know what, we want nothing else to do with you give.
Speaker 2: Me back my last name.
Speaker 1: You know that that could be like a like a business. I should have done that, and hopefully.
Speaker 2: No, because the women won't do like the men that I'm talking about how much money are we talking about? Because I would be and want just to bother.
Speaker 3: They won't give them back the last name because they know that the men detest them and want nothing to do with the last name, you know, don't want them to have that last name, so like to bother, They're like, yes, what it's my last name too, so I'm not giving it up.
Speaker 2: I often wonder how do you feel about his ex as you see?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he hasn't talked about it with me, but I always wonder Betty can't stand it?
Speaker 2: Of course he can't.
Speaker 3: But more importantly, the thing is that she hasn't gotten married. No, so she hasn't gotten married, so she hasn't had to change it with me. I mean I would have been Rosello if I wouldn't have had to change it. I would have still been Rosello. But you know I had to change it with herman. And then also when I married you know, Todd two years ago, that was also like a conversation and at that moment, like you said, like you, I had already, Like my professional name was Alexa, and everybody knew me and knows me as Alex.
Speaker 1: Do you even have to have a last name.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to be like Share. I'm got to be like Share. I'm got to be Alexia, and that's.
Speaker 1: It, Alexia Astrid or why you give yourself a stage name, like a really cool stage name.
Speaker 3: Like that's even confusing. No, I'm just gonna leave Alexia. I'm just gonna leave Alexia and we'll see because I mean, after.
Speaker 1: Well, of course you're not changing Alexia Alexia.
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 3: Well I'm just I don't know, Shares just Share. Maybe I could just be Alexia. Yeah, i mean Madonna's just Madonna. You know, Well she's Madonna Luis Chicane, Well yeah, but she goes by Madonna. Yeah, I'm sure Share has her names too. I mean, I'm still gonna go buy all my names, but like, just like Alexi, I'll just keep it simple. But then with you see, it all has to do with your relationships and with the man you're marrying, because then we thought it was important for him for me to take his name, and you know, like I.
Speaker 2: Remember I have a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't Remember, I don't have a problem with it because I know it was important to him, And because it was important to him, I said, Okay, well I don't really mind because you know, at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the day, I am figured though, baby, because that was my birth name, that's my father's name, and I'm always going to be Figuelo my genes, you know, my my my genetics or Figurelo, and the last name is just the last name.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is getting confusing for me because I've known you with all your names. Why have you in my phone as Pigueel. I've had you in my phone as Rosello, I had in my phone as a Chevalia. Now you're Napola. It's very confusing. This is why I do not change my name.
Speaker 2: You really, that is true? You got to point my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what are you this week? Because I need to update my phone?
Speaker 2: Just share.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna be Alexia for now till I figure things out.
Speaker 2: And besides that, it's so much work. Yeah, it's a that's another thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I hate work, so I don't want to be bothered with it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do all that shit to change to change my inecurity your passports. Wait, you have to show like that you're divorced. You know, it's a lot of work. I'm not ready to do that.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my phone I have when you call it, says Alexia bro. So maybe you should be Alexia Astrid Bro.
Speaker 2: I like that, Like, that's your middle name a lot too, Alexi Astrod.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But anyways, I say, this lady needs to keep her last name. She had it for twenty six years. If she wants it's it's really should be up to the person. It's something so personal.
Speaker 1: I would have been so angry at that guy, would have been like, who the hell do you think you are? That's my name.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: But there's women that tell their husbands, hey, like your your ex wife should change her last name too, and the woman won't do it. Like I'm telling you, I know men that have offered in their settlements money to the woman to change her.
Speaker 2: Last name and take it back because they don't want them.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 1: I missed that boat the cash payout. Hey, did you ever want herman's ex to change her name?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You know that didn't bother me because at the end I knew who the missus was? It was me.
Speaker 1: Who That's right. In other news about husbands and wives, Matthew Brodnick reveals why he never joined wife Sarah Jessica Parker on Sex and the City. In an episode of the podcast This Life of Mine with James Gordon, Broderick talked about his acting career and his marriage to the iconic Sex and the City actress. Reflecting on why he never appeared on the same series, Broddick said, he was asked, but it never worked out. He said that was her thing and that would be stunting me or something. I don't know. It just never worked out. I love that show and I would have been delighted to be in it, but it just.
Speaker 2: Never lined up, right.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they're both they're both stars, and you know, they're huge stars. And you know, I'm sure he loves to see his wife shine just like she loves to see him shine. And they both came into the marriages already being very successful, being very well known actors. And you know the good thing about them too, is that they understand the industry. I think it could be a lot better when they don't understand the industry because there's a different level of respect and support because there's an underst and I feel a lot of times when the spouses aren't as supportive is because they're not part of our world.
Speaker 2: They get it right well.
Speaker 1: I also think that they both you know, it takes us a special person also to let their partners shine, and especially in the you know, in the acting business, if we want to call it that. In the world of Hollywood, it's a lot of ups and downs and one maybe at the top and the other one is not getting the jobs and not getting the work or vice versa. And I think that puts a lot of straight No, I think, yeah, but it puts a lot of strain on the relationship. And it takes a special person to be cool with it and let you just shine and do your thing. And I feel like.
Speaker 2: That happens a lot.
Speaker 1: And I feel like there's a bunch of solid couples, like they've.
Speaker 3: Been very private about their personal life, which has worked out for them, and they're like a loss of an old like Hollywood couple you know that still together and the long time right, And just because he's not in Sex and the City or in any of her projects.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean he doesn't support her or or vice versa.
Speaker 1: He does a lot of Broadway work.
Speaker 3: Right, And besides that, Sarah Sarah Jessica, I'd rather go with Anty Cohen.
Speaker 2: Yah, she has a date.
Speaker 3: So it's okay, Matthew Andy Cohen will take her place for like the social events, but you know, as far as sex and the City goes too, it's like, you know, it's he's probably like a really smart guy because he's probably saying, why am I like his his Like you said, he does a lot of theater. He's done like movies and like a different genre, Like why is he going to like kind of like dip into her thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really her thing.
Speaker 3: He's actually really smart that he's not doing that because this is really her thing.
Speaker 1: Is it would have looked like she was throwing him a bone. And you know who who has her husband in all her films is Melissa McCarthy, the comedian. She's so funny Melissa McCarthy. I don't know if you know what her husband looks like, but every single film she does, he's in there. What's his cameos? I don't know. He's like sometimes he's a once he was an air marshall. Sometimes he's a boyfriend, sometimes he's a couple. He just has these random you know, you know, positions or rolls and and I always see him and I'm like, she helps him out. You could tell she gets all the work and that she helps him out and he goes in. But they've also been together a long time, and I guess he's okay with it. You know, it depends on the person, depends on the couple.
Speaker 2: So do you think your husband should be supportive no matter what your decisions are?
Speaker 1: Listen, it's a I mean, in a perfect world.
Speaker 2: Frank you saying no, hear about going well, listen, well, not exactly right, right. Yeah, If I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go down the street and smoke crack with the guys because they're down the corner smoking crack not far from my house, I don't think SEE would be cool with them, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to be cool.
Speaker 1: I hope it's like drag me out there. Not that I would do it, but I'm just saying, well, I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm just let's just keep it to decisions that obviously are not going to hurt you.
Speaker 2: Know, both of you.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is like, really broad and really general. You know, I can sit here and talk about this all day long. Yeah, you know, because again, I feel that they're a good balance, or they're a good couple because they both know the industry and the entertainment world, and sometimes it's easier to support. I mean that's just me personally, that's what I think. You know, some people say the opposite. Oh, no, you don't want to marry anybody in the industry because it's a problem. It's better to be to marry somebody that has nothing to do.
Speaker 2: With my world.
Speaker 3: But you know what, with just in my experience, I think it's easier when you marry somebody in this case, right that understands it, because you know, you have to have the conversation if you're making a decision without them, you know, you always want their love and support, right, who doesn't want that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I always want They're blessing their love and support. But you know, there has to be like you have to come to like an agreement, an understanding, you know, because it's not only you know what you want or what he wants, you know, And I feel like the medium, yeah, I feel like you still have been able to figure it out.
Speaker 1: They know how figure it out to work together and compromise. I got very lucky because seems like whatever you're doing, I want to support it. And he gives me no hard time about anything. He's very easy and open to what I'm doing. And I know a lot of men in the situation that we're in and our business of reality TV, they just don't want to be any part of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, reality TV is a lot different, very different. It's a lot harder than just going descript it.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Or they're into it and then they have a bad experience and then they pull back, and then they make it hard for you. But he's so easy, so great and super sid I mean, if I.
Speaker 3: Got lucky, you did, you have a very special human being, not only you know for you know, because he supports you and on the show, but I think he's like your life partner. He supports you and everything and everything I've seen it in the last four years. Yeah, so that's very important. But you know, we can't expect all of the men to be the same. And you know, somehow us right, some house husbands do the same as Matthew, and they don't participate and they don't get involved while filming Housewives. Do you think that's okay or do you think like that's not okay? Like what does it say to you?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that you have to do what's best for you. It's a personal choice.
Speaker 2: But here lies the problem. You know what happens.
Speaker 3: So if they do support you and they come on, I mean, what's support participating? You know, the support and another thing is participating, Like I like my husband to support me. He may not want to participate, and I get that. I respect that a little.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, So the thing is, so this is what happens on our kind of show.
Speaker 3: So if they don't film at all and they don't want to be part of this, then the girls are going to run with the story and say, oh, well that's because you're having marital problems, or that's because you're having all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of problems exactly.
Speaker 3: So then they starts the rumors and then you give them the storyline. So it's like your damn if you do, your damn if you don't. And then if the husband shows up and he tries so like some husbands are uncomfortable in front of the camera and you know they're they're seeing a certain way that maybe you know, the viewers don't them as well. You know, we have three and a half months of filming, but we can have one bad scene or one bad day with the girls, but then we have months to make it up. We have three months to make it up.
Speaker 2: These men are on just.
Speaker 3: Like maybe like at a big party or one or two or three scenes, and that's all you get to see them, so you really don't know so much of them, so it's scary for them. It's you know, their participation on the show is a lot different from like let's say, Matthew participating in Sex and the City. But with that being said, we all like to feel supported.
Speaker 1: Of course, and we're all under a microscope here and everybody wants to have opinions about us, and we give them the material to have the opinions about us. But the husbands don't really sign up for that. They're just there for us.
Speaker 3: Right, So then what do you so, how do you think about how do you feel about that? Do you think that the husband's like they get too involved? Do you think that's a good situation or about situation?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no no, no, think I know you agree with me on this one. When a husband gets too involved in the women's business on our show, it is just it's chaotic, it's yeah, and it's it's just wrong.
Speaker 2: It's not a good look. It's not a good look.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's not.
Speaker 1: And then they look weird, like they're thirsty, like they want to be one of the girls, or like they really want it's I think you're doing a new jersey for me. It's like wow, like I see, I mean, I can't.
Speaker 3: The thing with Jersey is they have a different dynamics, their their their city, their franchise, completely different from ours. Thank god we don't have that because our husbands are too smart and they don't want to participate that way.
Speaker 1: I would have to be committed. If I had to deal with that, Malay, I would have to be put into an institution.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think for anybody's relationship.
Speaker 3: I listen, a lot of them are still married, so you know what good for them? You know they figured it out, ye, But yeah, I think I don't think it's appropriate honestly, and you know, it makes me feel really awkward, like for example, like at Nicole's engagement party that you know, Adrianna brought her fake boyfriend, you know, to say he wasn't married, and he literally started insulting me, like who does that like a man? Like if todt or anybody else would have been there, like he would have defended me.
Speaker 2: And then he gets in trouble for that. It's like it's so.
Speaker 1: Crazy and him up before he got there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But that's not fair, Like he deserved it for me to like actually throw a drink at him, but he was like insulting me and talking down to me, and that's where it comes.
Speaker 1: You will throw a drink.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I'm just saying I've never I do not resort to violence at all. And I've been on the show for all these years and they've never ever seen that, because you'll never see that that tied to me because I don't have it. I'm actually very kind and empathetic. But that was very, very disrespectful. And that's what I'm talking about. The husbands. You know, we've seen Russell that's had to get into scenes, you know, to defend Gerdy. We've seen you know, Todd defending me, you know, with Anthony's situation.
Speaker 2: You know, we've seen, you know, Marcus. You know, it's just not a good look for you know.
Speaker 3: So my suggestion is like, yes, you know, we want to know that they're there by us and they're supporting us, but the least they can participate would be like, you know, the smartest thing to do and the healthiest thing to do. So, you know, I feel like sometimes you know, our husbands or partners you know, get involved in the show just because they have to, because they feel they need to support us that way, and it actually like hurts them in a way because you know they're doing it not really wanting to do it. And I feel like we saw that all lot with like Lenny and Lisa, Like he participated very little and you can tell he really didn't like the show, and every time he would come on, he would look like a like, you know, like a mean person like he was, you know.
Speaker 1: When there's no cameras around, he has a mean face. Twice for seven.
Speaker 3: Well that's what we say too. It's kind of like and this is like our defense, like you can't light to the camera. You know a lot of these guys are saying like, oh, okay, well that's not really how we are.
Speaker 2: But Okay, you are that way because I can't hide to the camera.
Speaker 1: I think he loved the show. I think he loved it for his business. He was all over that well, and.
Speaker 2: He's there lies the problem.
Speaker 3: Like these men like the show because of the fame and what it brings to them, everything they could get.
Speaker 2: But with the bad, I mean with the good.
Speaker 1: When the fame turns on you, then that's the other. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: And we and we saw that, we saw that, We saw that happen, you know to Lenny, you know, for like the last two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very well deserved.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that listen, and all relationships, each couple, each partner in the relationship should have their own autonomy, have their own stuff going on, because you don't want to come home and not have anything to talk about. It's more exciting when you come home and share this happen in my day, and that happened in my day, and you each have your own life and thing going on.
Speaker 3: And I agree, I agree. I think you could be successful separately. You don't have to be, like I said, just because you know you're an actress, your husband doesn't have to be an actor and share the same kind of stories. I think that opposite opposites a track and you can have success in a marriage and that doesn't really tear the marriage apart, you know, not having like that success together.
Speaker 1: And competition is always you know, around for content. It creates toxicity.
Speaker 3: It's well, yeah, but you should never compete, whether you're in the same business or not. That's like, but men do men to compete with the women. The thing is like, if we're talking about real actors or like reality TV, there's no man except for Jody that wants to, you know, manage Lisa's reality TV career.
Speaker 2: I mean it's true. I mean one man.
Speaker 3: Wants to manage a reality TV star like you know, our spouse. Like that's you know, let's not it's not fun. I mean I think that could be toxic and it could be bad, right because we really have no control, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Our show is a reality TV show.
Speaker 3: We don't have control over the editing, and that's where things get you know, scary and messed up.
Speaker 2: So this is different. Now.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, I do believe that there's a lot of actresses and entertainers that that do work with their spouse and maybe they're in the same business or maybe they do you know, like for example, Jala was working with Ben Affleck. They're both actors, but Ben as a director, he's a producer, So I think that's healthy. I if you know, again, it's not really the career. I feel as like the bond and the relationship that you have established with your partner and if you're emotionally you know, mature and there's an understanding.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like there could be more powerful. Like that's how the power couples.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of power couples because they do the same thing. The great Well, nothing works for her, nothing's worked for her when she was with the backup dancer Doogon, but again she was you know, would.
Speaker 2: She help all of them? And I find I think it's a way of like kind of you.
Speaker 1: Know, tightening the news, keeping them close, baiting them with you know, money projects.
Speaker 2: You know, you really don't know, you know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I would be excited, like if I was going out with somebody, Oh my god, not a reality TV star, because I would never do that with somebody like in my same business, you know what I mean. It could be exciting. You know, it could be fun. You can share ideas. Absolutely, I feel like there's that mutual understanding and kind of like emotional support because you're like in the same business, right, But it doesn't matter what you do. Being a supportive partner means that you have to like really listen to the person you're with. You have to care for them, you have to help them, and you have to know they're there for you and you're there for them no matter what business you're in. It doesn't even really matter whether they like it or not. It is what it is, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean some.
Speaker 1: Women, support is support and to have someone loving and supported by your side is everything. You can flourish that.
Speaker 3: Way, yeah, because it's really like it stucks, honestly to be in a situation where you want to do something and you don't have that support from the person that.
Speaker 2: Is with you because there's no understanding. And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter what it is, obviously, as long as it's not something that's bad for you or you know, or for your family, And like, why aren't you supporting them, because like you're selfish about it, because are you competing with them?
Speaker 2: You like all these factors that you're set.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of men that get insecure if you're doing well, and they want to control you and control your life so that you need them and you can't escape, and then they put you in a box and in a situation so they don't want you to flourish. And it's a terrible situation when that happens. And I think a lot of women end up having no career at all because they're with somebody like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of women actually sacrifice their careers because they have a partner they won't support, you know, what they're doing, and then maybe they make more money and you know, they say, well, okay, well you need to support me because I'm the one that supports the house. So like, why are you even doing this? You know, it gets complicated, my friend.
Speaker 2: It's shopplications. Sure does well.
Speaker 3: It seems like Matthew is supportive and lets Sarah Jessica shine by doing her own thing, knowing how a iconic Sex and the City is. That's another thing. I mean, how can you not let your do wife do this right when she's so good at it. There's no Sex in the City without her. I mean, I know it's it's a friend group, you know, kind of like ours but scripted, but it's it's a real friend group.
Speaker 2: But she's like, of course, she's like the hardest. She said there started it. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And I love that he understands that, and that he supports that, and and I love that he takes a step back when it comes to seeing her and succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always been in the shadows. You never really see him. Sure, that's his personality. He's a secure man.
Speaker 3: And I love that he can take that step back and just watch his wife shine and succeed.
Speaker 1: We love you, Matt, like you. We can call it he can be a boo bear because he.
Speaker 2: Said he looks yeah right, he looks like you could be like a personal be.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone so much for tuning in.
Speaker 2: We love you. It's been so much fun.
Speaker 1: Stay yeahs yes from the two best sties I.
Speaker 2: Put Forward, I put Forward at tell A Proxima. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward podcast.
Speaker 3: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars.
Speaker 2: Attaluo Astella Proxima