Speaker 1: Some boys box for some boys plays sport.
Speaker 2: The two don't play. Hey, these two boys will save their pennies two by s special Treasures because they are living in a Cereal boat reviewing Cereals is the Gocot and Andrew living in a Cereal boat, critiking some new ones and some oat. It's the Serial Serials, the seri of Cereals, the Cereal series of.
Speaker 3: The Killer Show, Stu, the Cereal Killer Show. This is the Cereal Killer Show, real show.
Speaker 1: This is Serial Killers. I'm Scotty be Welcome to episode ninety nine. Hey, Andrew, Oh, Andrew's not here. Andrew doesn't know that I'm doing this episode all by myself because I didn't really like the way that it sounded on Monday over the phone. And we're still kind of trying to figure out the technology of how we can do it. I think we're going to do a zoom session for episode one hundred. That way we can all kind of be together with the same audio, and we'll bring Daniell in for it. So coming up on Monday, we'll have the one hundredth episode of Serial Killers, and hopefully you'll be able to hear it. I don't know, I don't know what's going to happen, or what it's going to sound like, or if I'm gonna be able to play my silly little sound effects. But I guess we'll find that all out. So what I'm gonna do here? And I had mentioned it in a previous episode, and Andrew wouldn't want to be a part of this anyway. So welcome to Serial Killers. Episode ninety nine. Serial Killers visits the Cereal Great. Yeah, so this is gonna be an episode of All Cereal Graveyard, not trying any cereal, just reminiscing about old cereals that they don't make anymore. And there were so many cereals in the eighties that have come and gone and they didn't last very long at all. And nowadays there are a lot of cereals that are candies, like Reese's Puffs and Hershey Kissed cereal, and even peeps and Jolly Ranchers, which is disgusting. So if you go back to nineteen eighty six, maybe you'll remember this. One big question about new Nerd cereal is what time orange flavor? This size worry serry flavor this size carryes.
Speaker 4: What's side?
Speaker 5: It's also malicious?
Speaker 3: I can't decide.
Speaker 5: New Nerd cereal is the fruity good part of your complete.
Speaker 1: Breakfast, which.
Speaker 5: Also available in grape and strawberrys.
Speaker 1: So you remember Nerds candy, They're still around. There was Oh, shut up, pac man. It was a little box and one side was one flavor and the other side was the other flavor. It was the same thing with this cereal from Rawlston in the mid eighties. One of them had cherry on one side and orange on the other side, and the other one was grape on one side and strawberry on the other. They didn't last very long, was only around for a couple of years, and they were like little baby kind of cocoa puff type circles, and they were just flavored with those nasty artificial flavors that Ralston made it. And of course Ralston is not around anymore. So here's another one. Not quite a candy. But you probably never even knew that this cereal existed. Again, very short lived, and you usually would only get this thing at a ballpark because nobody really ever ate it anywhere else. But it became a cereal in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: Surprise, new cracker Jack brand cereal can be a delicious part of a nutritious cracker Jack Bourne. You're up to a cracker Jack, deck a cracker, the kurts to move, a living JOm, the legs feeding a hit new cracker Jack cereals loaded the golden puffs of crackling crunch and probably surprise in everybody.
Speaker 6: Jack Bolly begins with the band You up to a crack of Jack.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, nobody remembers that. I don't even remember it. I've never had it before in my life. But it was another Rawston cereal. And it's so sad that Ralston's not around anymore because they made all these crazy, weird co branded cereals and movies, also movie cereals. You know that the new Star Wars cereal just came out a couple of months ago from General Mills. There have been many Star Wars cereals over the years, and maybe you remember this one that Kellogg's put out in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: We lost my fort but you and tu.
Speaker 6: Food, Yes, crunchy food see three pos.
Speaker 5: You can all see three pos twin raings pays together for crunchy new horse at breakfast. Yeah, Christ, see a delicious pot of this new ficious.
Speaker 4: Breakfast or no, of course, how much mine see three pos Breakfast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those were like little eight they look like eights. I guess I don't know. I never freaking saw Star Wars or any Star Wars movie because I just don't care. So I guess maybe it looked like what's that spaceship thing? I don't even know what it's called, but it looked like little eights, these little crunchy cereal things, and eighties movies always seemed to be made into cereals. I was a big fan of The Gremlins. Actually just had my daughter's watch it with me a couple of months ago. They've never seen it before. But there was a gremlin cereal, another Rawston creation back in nineteen eighty four. Perhaps you remember this one. Are you hungry? Hungry as a gremlin?
Speaker 7: Your's gremlin cereal?
Speaker 1: A tasty way to satisfy it?
Speaker 4: Gremlins?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Didn't this a sweet crunchy cereal.
Speaker 1: Let's satisfy it use the hungry little gremlin that's.
Speaker 5: In autumn crem Lens.
Speaker 4: Tasty way. Gremlin Cereal is part of his Complete Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Again, part of a Complete Breakfast that had toast and butter and orange juice and another glass of milk. That's a complete breakfast. Don't know why, but that's gremlin cereal from nineteen eighty four. It wasn't around very long. Again, none of these theme cereals can last very long because whatever they are based on don't last very long. And plus Andrew wouldn't know what I mean. Yes, he saw gremlins. I know I saw gremlins. He's saying it right now as he's listening to this, But he did not know that there was a gremlin cereal and it was a creepy commercial where the kids had these little plastic gremlin ears on their heads. And I don't know. So on Monday, Andrew kind of phoned in Cerial Killers. I wasn't a big fan of the way that sounded, but that also reminded me of this cereal that also came out in nineteen eighty four. So many cereals came out in nineteen eighty four. I was nine years old, and Andrew was negative eleven or something like that. ET had a cereal and it was really good. I remember it was peanut, butter and chocolate. Of course, because Et was a huge fan of Reese's Pieces. There were no Reese's Puff cereal back then, but it was a peanut butter chocolate flavored cereal.
Speaker 4: Give a listen, ET brings you you Et cereal plaid with ET's plate rip flavors, chocolate and wee peanut butter shaped.
Speaker 7: Like P's and peas.
Speaker 4: You Et cereal a blowing part of this good breakfast good.
Speaker 1: And that was a delicious cereal from General Mills. I don't really remember eating it. I know I had it, but I don't just remember the taste, but I think it would have been pretty close to the peanut butter chocolate Leapin' lemurs from Nature's Path that we had a couple of weeks ago, but not quite as natural, I'm sure. Hey, So anyway, again, I'm Scotty B. This is Serial Killers. It's episode ninety nine, and this is the all serial graveyard, all the time episode. I'm sure Andrew would be turning in his grave if he was dead, but he's not. He's home, so I don't even that doesn't make any sense. Mister T nineteen eighty four. You know, mister T. Mohawk gold chains was all over the place in the early to mid even Actually, most of the eighties he was had his own show, The eighteen. You know that. He was guest stars everywhere, different strokes, every sitcom possible. He was hanging out with Nancy Reagan at the White House. Just say no that whole campaign. Mister T had an incredible cereal. They were just teas and Quaker made it back in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 6: I know who's and who's teaming up with a good balance directfort.
Speaker 5: Team up with mister T, Siia, you know the teams, the team that knows the cool breakfast can be.
Speaker 1: He had a chrispy corn taste.
Speaker 4: With a touch of brown sugar.
Speaker 1: Team run up with the thirty.
Speaker 7: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Team run up with the thirty.
Speaker 1: Told the sweet christy tease one with the team mate. You run up with the thirsty, It's cool the thirty. So that's pretty much all he said was it's cool. I guess it was cool. So mister T, there were a little uh sweet teas. That's all they were, was just a bowl full of teas. And if you're an eighties movie buff, you'll remember that mister T cereal is the cereal that Pee Wee Herman built. That crazy breakfast machine in Pee Wee's Big Adventure so he could have his Mister t cereal er. That again didn't last very long, but it was very popular at the time. And could we just go back one year earlier than that, to nineteen eighty three if you were a child of the eighties and after school you went to the bowling alley or the roller rink or a local arcade and had a pocket full of quarters. Pac Man was huge, and pac Man had a cereal. It was General Mills nineteen eighty three. Check it out. Star pac Man Cereal then went all ghost Shoven, ghost Chumbers.
Speaker 6: Show giant, Who's.
Speaker 1: Me Super pac Man.
Speaker 6: Now of this Krispy Corn Cereal has added new Super pac Man marshmallows like me, the biggest ghost Chunker of ball ghost Humbers, the ghost Shummer.
Speaker 5: Too, what sum in good?
Speaker 1: Part of her new dress? Blakmast quick super Man So yes, pac Man Cereal came out right around nineteen eighty three. That commercial was from nineteen eighty five when they added Super pac Man marshmallows, So there were a big giant Super Pacman marshmallows along with regular sized pac Man marshmallows and all the monsters Inky and Blinky and Clyde and the girl what was her name? God, I don't remember, but for the four monsters, and you have to remember this one. Another cartoon turned into a cereal. This was right around nineteen eighty nine. Ralston came out with this cereal based on the cartoon that was very popular at the time.
Speaker 5: I'll bring you kids are apart pack no m shredder one.
Speaker 4: So we must take that pau me up.
Speaker 5: Let's give it to all the pinju that shoutdown. Dude, it's crunching Ninja net with Ninja rushmallow apart back, crunch hard, up your balance, crack case graybow, We crunch.
Speaker 1: You b Yeah. So again didn't last all that long. It was around for a couple of years, and actually General Mills released a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cereal a couple of years ago, and that has since come and gone. I never even got to try that one because I didn't even know what existed, and I was not quite in the age demo for Teenagemutant Ninja Turtles. I was just a little bit too old for it. But I do remember, probably right around that time nineteen eighty nine, there was a song from a group called Partners in Crime called Turtle Power.
Speaker 3: Bit of radio.
Speaker 1: It was from when the movie came out to Crime had a song called Turtle Power. A cell there the hero school in this day and age, who as for more? Okay, great? But yeah, you know, I was a big radio geek, so I won tickets to see the premiere of the movie and got to see the concert with Partners in Crime and good times. You know this sucks. I hate not being able to bounce off Andrew here because he'd be making fun of me, and I'd be making fun of him, and it's just kind of lonely without him here. Actually, I'm gonna call him at the end and let him know that I did this and have him yell at me a little bit on the phone. But one more cereal from nineteen eighty eight. I know, obviously you probably don't read a newspaper anymore. I do, just because the whole you know, morning show radio thing, and I got to know what's going on. So I still like to flip through the paper every morning, and I do read the comics, and I always read Andrew argyle Sweater comic because he thinks it's hilarious. And back in nineteen eighty eight, Ralston had another cereal called Morning Funnies. It was a collection of all the different popular Sunday comics at the time, all on one cereal box. That is what's so fun.
Speaker 5: Pretty funny cereal, Mister Wilson.
Speaker 1: See you asked, Yes you're asking. Suddenly your favorite funnies are all over you. Cereal called Morning Funnies Fruit Taste is secret pen. It opens for Morgidge comics.
Speaker 5: Morning Funnies is a delicious part of my complete breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yester morning You're asking, Great Wilson. And it also had like a little flap that you could flip out that there were more comics on. There were a little round kind of smiley face fruit flavored cereals. You remember those cookies called Giggles maybe in the late eighties early nineties. They were like little smiley faces with cream inside of them. They kind of like mini Giggles cookies. That was Morning fun Cereal with Dennis the Menace there at the start. You probably don't even know who Dennis the Menace is, or maybe you do. I don't know. And on more that I want to play for you, and then I'll get out of here, because I think you're bored. I don't know. These are TV commercials that you probably didn't even know these cereals existed because most of the more popular cereal jingles those cereals are still around. But here's one that I definitely remember. This one is from the mid eighties. General Mills put it out. See if you remember this discussion, you didn't even saying, So.
Speaker 5: You can take your time and enjoy these honey touched flakes.
Speaker 2: The crispy part of this complete breakfast.
Speaker 1: Now. I was definitely a big crispy wheats and raisins fan. It was kind of like the Anti and branded. They were wheat flakes and they were kind of coated with honey or something like that, so they would stay crispy and milk. General Mills put that out. That is long gone. Hey, let's give Andrew a call. Let him know what we're doing here. Watch him get all angry. He'll just go, oh, cou cou couck cuckoo. I guarantee that's what he's gonna do. Hold on, let's get him on the phone. Hello, Hi is this Andrew? Oh?
Speaker 7: Hi, Scottie Bee, Hi Andrew.
Speaker 1: The other half of Serial Killers. How are you today?
Speaker 7: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 1: I just want to let you know we're at the end of an episode right now that I just recorded all by myself. What Yes, So, what I figured I would do is, since I didn't really like the way the phone one sounded last week and I'm waiting for episode one hundred for you and Danielle and myself to all do it in zoom audio, that I would do a serial graveyard episode because I know you hate those.
Speaker 7: I feel absolutely blindsided.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: I feel blindsided?
Speaker 1: Why I'm letting you know?
Speaker 7: Mmmmmm nice, real nice.
Speaker 1: So this has been episode ninety nine of Serial Killers. This was an all serial graveyard episode all the time, where I played a whole bunch of serial commercials from cereals that you never heard of because you weren't born in the eighties.
Speaker 7: So I'm sure that no one is actually going to make it to this part of the episode. So now it'd be a good time to see runch.
Speaker 1: Why I think everybody is still here.
Speaker 7: They're hanging on, Uh huh, they're hanging on. They're trying to listen to you talk about old cereals for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, people like it, man, it reminds them of their childhood.
Speaker 7: Yep, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted you to say crunch with me, so that's pretty much why I called. Okay, So thanks for listening to episode ninety nine of Serial Killers. I'm Scottie B.
Speaker 7: And I'm Andrew. I hope you had a wonderful time listening to Scotty talk about old stupid cereals.
Speaker 1: Yes, this has been the serial Graveyard, and if you want to request commercials for the Serial Graveyard, I'll happily play them. Just email us or text us or dm us or whatever. Yeah, for sure. I don't know how do you text us?
Speaker 7: You can't you eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Just find us? You know what it is, Andrew. In the studio that I'm in, they shut the air conditioning off. It's so hot that I'm just dripping sweat. The thermostat says seventy nine on it, and I'm a disgusting period. Yeah, they won't give me air conditioning. Why I don't know, but I'm busting my ass to come in here. Everyone is home quarantine, hiding in their house. I'm driving into the city every day and they can't even give me an air conditioned studio.
Speaker 7: That's so sad. Do you want me to send you ice pack?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please? So I don't even know what I'm talking about anyway, just dm us on Instagram or Twitter and let me know what old Cereal commercials that you want to hear that I'll bring you back to your childhood because that makes me happy.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess there's no ratings that need to go into the sheet because you just did no Cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sheet's just going to say episode ninety nine nothing perfect love that for us. Well, please follow us on all social platforms. It's Serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with the C YEP and make.
Speaker 7: Sure you like and subscribe the new episodes come to your phone, including this terrible episode that Scott did by himself.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got off really easy, dude. You didn't have to wait up enough to do anything.
Speaker 7: I've been up since six six am.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, I guess you could have been a part of it.
Speaker 7: Then, Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I guess we'll see you on Monday for episode one hundred, where we'll have all the technological stuff all worked out and we'll all be together again separately.
Speaker 7: Who knew that it would be like this?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 7: Well, don't sweat too much.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks Glad, I could check in with you, say crunch with me? Would you crunch crunch?
Speaker 4: Kay?
Speaker 7: Bye?
Speaker 1: Bye? Wait?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but we have to get prepared for Monday. Did you get the cereal I overnighted you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: It always looks like you send me drugs.
Speaker 4: I'm always shocked on it.
Speaker 1: Or do you have fresh milk? I do, actually, and I know that being not very cereal smart, you don't know what any of those cereals are just by looking at them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, well this has been great. Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: I love you Andy. You'll see you Monday. Okay, bye, stay safe you too. Bye bye