Speaker 1: Wow, do I look at that bad? It's one more thing more. I'm strong and getty one more.
Speaker 2: So. I had a funny thing happened at the country club yesterday. So I live in a town that doesn't believe rich people should have things that poor people don't have. So they structure the housing in such a way that you can live in the nicest neighborhood in the town I live in, like with the most expensive you know, however, many millions of dollars houses, but there is going to be an apartment complex right over there because they don't think it's fair that, you know, certain people have certain And I guess some parts of the country think this is a good idea.
Speaker 1: Other parts of the country thing this is a ridiculous idea.
Speaker 3: I would be in the way. I certainly wouldn't live there. I don't like four people anywhere.
Speaker 2: Near me anyway. I think that explains how this happened. So with this particular neighborhood that's got some really really nice houses in it, everybody that lives in this neighborhood gets a country club membership with you own the house or you're in an apartment complex, and so everybody gets to be a member of this country club. For whatever reason, hardly anybody uses aunch country club. A friend of mine is on the board and he said, of the two thousand people or something that qualify, there's only like sixty people.
Speaker 1: That use it, which is fine with me.
Speaker 4: Golf course and that sort of thing, or no, what sort of amenities are you offering me.
Speaker 2: It's a lake where a lot of people paddle around, canoes and stuff like that. Nice tennis courts lit at night, basketball court, a gym to work out, couple of heated pools where you can swim laps and stuff like that. Oh, and then a big room you can put your name on it if you want to have a family reunion or a wedding or whatever. There's a lot of that stuff going on all the time. Anyhow, my son and I go over and we play tennis and then we lift weight. So we're over there playing tennis, and I, while I do spend a fair amount of time and money on how I dress for just like my regular life, I do not have like nice ath leisure wear at all. And I got my big five old hoodie on and some khaki pants and my kind of crappy tennis shoes for playing tennis in and uh playing tennis and Kakaki.
Speaker 1: Pants lost me at Khaki's.
Speaker 4: As opposed to what short warm up pants.
Speaker 3: You don't wear khakis to play tennis.
Speaker 4: You rule.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My son and I are playing tennis and uh, and there's four guys next to us playing tennis. And at one point, Henry hits an errant shot and it goes over to their court by accident, and guy hits the ball over to me and and then I said thanks, and I'm walking back over. And then he said, hey, hold on a second, and he goes over to his bag and he comes over and he gives me, he said, these you used, but they still got a lot of bounce left in him. He gives me a canister of three used tennis ball. Ah. Yes, I'm thinking, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I mean, a man so poor he has to wear khakis to play tennis. Yeah, were you wearing cowboy boots as well?
Speaker 3: Or did.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: And something with rubber souls?
Speaker 1: I just I was so perplexed there for a second. It's like.
Speaker 2: And one it was There's a number of things going on in my mind that this at this verious time, I gotta admit my ego kick. I didn't say anything, but my ego kicked in a little bit of dude, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 1: I don't mean your old tennis balls.
Speaker 4: I can afford a can of tennis balls.
Speaker 1: Thank you, the peasant and the khaki put them.
Speaker 5: Going to do my good charitable deed and give him my old tennis exactly.
Speaker 2: I also thought, on the other side of it, this is something some of us may do and not realize how condescending it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, because he just sawt he was helping.
Speaker 2: Me out, and it's got a real I'm rich and I don't need the ten balls here.
Speaker 1: You'll appreciate they've still got some bounce at them.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I can picture me playing golf with my son and somebody walking up and putting the arm around me and saying, here's a sleeve of balls.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 4: You know they're lightly used, but I can tell you need that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that last time. I think that's implied. I think, oh, I absolutely implied.
Speaker 3: Yes, Why why else would he give him to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm picturing this guy like he bounces the ball five times and then after that he throws it away, you know, and gets a new one.
Speaker 1: And bounces it by this guy doing a nice thing.
Speaker 2: In case this gets back to him, I don't think he does anything bad about it at all.
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, it was an act of kindness.
Speaker 5: And I think worse would have been if like he had a child with him, and he had the child come and give the tennis balls to you, teaching him a nice deed.
Speaker 1: Well, that's so.
Speaker 2: I told this story to a friend of mine who thought this was hilarious and said, he's probably at a home telling his wife. I did a nice deed today. I helped a guy out. He looked like good like, he looked like he was really down on his luck. It's probably his one morning a week he gets to be with his son, having recovered from his drug addiction. And I gave him some tennis balls so that he could enjoy his outing with his kid.
Speaker 1: That he's trying to write, write and do better than he did.
Speaker 4: I came across a fellow today, Honey, I can only guess he only has one pair of pants for work, for play for leisure, just one pair of khakis, who's actually playing tennis in his khakis with his son. And I took pity I wish I'd had a granola bar, a crust of bread.
Speaker 3: Dolphin can only assume that he and his son are stuff you should You should own this.
Speaker 2: He clearly got his workout gear at the halfway House before he came for his visitation with his son.
Speaker 5: Just keep keep going more and more tattered, and then see what kind of things you accumulate.
Speaker 4: Put holes in those khakis, right.
Speaker 1: People give me food and my drink and an old car.
Speaker 4: Drive the show of a dress shirt and say, son, don't run me too much.
Speaker 3: I only own this shirt. See what the people are saying to Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, And I did actually think I have I ever done that where I think I'm like being helpful whatever, But it's so condescending to someone to here's some old tennis balls.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah, you don't need to thank me. I'm happy to do it.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful, I know, I know, well and again well intentioned, completely intentioned. Seriously, yes, it's nice, just kind of funny.
Speaker 4: You know, here's five dollars to put in the tank to get you and your son home or back to the halfway house wherever you find yourself these days.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'll run into him?
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know. I guess if you do, he might be waiting for you with like old clothes.
Speaker 1: You know, I think these would fit you. I come with some leftover castle roll here. My wife married this last night.
Speaker 4: If the cardboard box, I'm guessing you live and never gets threadbare. I play every Tuesday at four. Just come and ask me for twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Here are some socks. They're not too worn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I guess that's it.