Speaker 1: Advice. Sure, it's no Welcome to the naughty but NICEA your Hostrom Shooter and it's Friday, which means a dear friend. Cory Andrew joins us. Hey, Cory, I am here with be of gossip to get to a well done my friend. I've seen you all week on News Nation doing a ton of different reporting. I love seeing it. I love it when your face pops up. You're so good at it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you all. You know, as I tell everyone, you know, you've been so lovely to help me kind of evolve to that place or thank you. And yeah, we talked about Taylor Swept.
Speaker 1: So it was a lot of fun, A lot of fun. She's keeping me in business. I always fear. And this is like the old working class poor upbringing I had. I didn't grow up in a particularly wealthy maybe in fact it wasn't wealthy, and at all we struggled. I always think poverty is just to round my corner. And so when I stopped talking about the Royals that I'm like, oh, my career is over nothing. And then something else was going something, and I thought that we'd be talking about Taylor Swift for the for the next five days. We're not because we've already got another fabulous lead that we're going to jump into. What time is it, my friends?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Has broke his silence after his legal war with Blake Lively has come to somewhat of a conclusions, speaking out for the first time, saying he's very grateful and gratitude actually saved him and his wife. I thought it was so smart. They did not sit down on GMA or the Today Show. They made their own video posted it online. They talked about the pain and the untruth that is out there that has been spoken, some of the accusations. They say they had to stay silent because they wanted the legal process to play out. That's often the case when you see these celebrities and you wonder why the dickens are they not defending themselves. They can't. Their lawyers are like, you mustn't. Should have been involved in celebrity legal cases as a publicist where I wanted my client to speak out, but the lawyer said, no, no, you go out. You've always got to go for the lawyers here. You've got to defer to the lawyers here. So the case ended without damages being paid to either side. Financial damages. But let's be clear, both sides suffered terrible damages here, reputation, money lost. He said he is now focused on healing. Blake has not responded. We spotted her in Canada enjoying lunch just before this video was released. A couple of things here. I think, first of all, the reaction from Blake and Ryan is going to be interesting. My sources tell me they're not going to react directly. But neither one of them have a gag order. There's no NDA in the final settlement. Normally, when you settle, actually normally when you lose, when you lose, you have to signed ADA when you settle. Maybe not so much. They did not sign an NDA. And I do think this is so interested. It is now almost impossible for mainstream media to keep up with social media. Every celebrity. Now they used to run to CNN or People Magazine or Good Want in America. No, if you don't want to answer questions that reporters are going to ask you, even friendly outlets like Entertainment Tonight they never ask hard questions. But you just don't want any any questions, make your own video, post it online and all those outlets that you were potentially going to speak to they'll pick up your video. It's like handing them a press release. It's handing them what you want. It's beautifully produced. Having his wife Emily sitting behinside him, I thought was really really good. Clearly they've practiced this. This is not just two people sitting down on the couch. So I thought it was. It was very effective. It seems like on social media I checked, it seems fifty to fifty split here. Some think it's good, some people think it's team Blake. I guess who you like is who you like, and it's difficult to change your mind. Although I would argue Blake has changed a lot of people's minds. I know people that really used to like her. And the more we've got to know about it, the more we've seen those clips of her being rude to reporters, you to people, I think she's been really tarnished. Here. What do you think about all this?
Speaker 2: I mean, you bring up a great point that neither side was made to pay the other, and so you are left asking what.
Speaker 1: Was the market about it.
Speaker 2: They literally went into a situation where they said, I know we're gonna just ruin our careers, like that seems to be the objective because, to your point, we really scrutinized a lot of their personalities, a lot of their behavior, and Blake comes out with the short end of that sting because she had a history of being what we would call problematic and not always likable, and so that leads to credibility of you know, if it's about public persona and what side the public takes, Justin may have come out on top, and Blake may have heard her career.
Speaker 1: I didn't know him. It's always the biggest start too, that has the most to lose. Just Thin did not have as much lose. Although you could argue Blake has got so much money it doesn't matter if it right. Again, Justin needs to pay those bills. He does not have multimillions of dollars. I thought the video was really, really effective. I've watched it five times. I think doing their own video rather than doing an interview, I'd rather an interview. I'd rather than come on our show or another podcast where we could ask really really pointed questions and you know we would. We wouldn't be rude, No, I'd ask the good stuff. You'd ask the good stuff. Calling I think doing it themselves was probably the best idea. Do you think that's how we're going to see celebrities deal with scandal? Now? They're just gonna make their own videos a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can avoid the legal landmine that way too. I mean, to your point earlier about the lawyers, very often they want to talk, they want to say things. So once that legal hurdle is cleared and there's no more liability of defamation and all those things I could land you back in court, they're safe to say. Listen, here's what I felt was the situation, and here's what I was fighting for, And don't ask me again.
Speaker 1: We're going to move on, and I think they.
Speaker 2: Can sort of cleanly just break away and move on that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we're gonna I don't think this is going to be the last this. I do think at some point Ryan, I'm told Ryan is furious. Blake's upset. They've watched it. They're going to pretend they haven't seen it. They watched it too, and I mean, come on, watched this to invest in this to not watch it? And I'm sure before they posted it, before Justin and his wife posted it. I know lawyers looked at it. Publicists looked at it, and they take this three or four times. I think that they look great. I think it's good doing it at home in their kitchen. It looks very down he it looks very very soriid. It's very suburb and it's a beautiful woman and a handsome man sitting at their kitchen table. I think too, it's very clever. They didn't talk about the legal drama. They talked about the emotional drama, not the legal impact. The emotional impact because nobody can argue with your emotions. How you feel is how you feel. The law that's pretty good and dry, but feelings are yours. So I thought it was very very clever to talk about emotions and to reframe this. Now it's no longer a legal arguments. It's an argument about what was lost, what was so painful, very difficult, which brings us to our whole question. After the day, just In Baldoony breaks his silence after the Blake Lively legal war ends, Will Blake respond? Will she respond? I don't think she's gonna do a video. But Ryan can't help himself. He thinks he's awfully clever. He really doesn't, So maybe they'll do something. Yeah, yes, yeah, they've almost baited them. It's very clever here, isn't it. It's like balls in your call. Let's see what happens if you hit it back over there. Sometimes I've learned in life, don't hit the ball back just let it drop. Let it drop. I don't know if Blake can help us up, we'll go find out. Take her vote on our Twitter at X page add Naughty Nice rob Our facebook page is Naughty Gossip and be sure to check back on Monday to hear your results. Hey, what are you working on, Corey? Well?
Speaker 2: This story cracks me up. And it's also like a little continuation of Blake in a weird way because it's featuring the former bestie of course, Taylor Swift. And this is about a wedding invitation at Taylor apparently emailed and one music producer who received it made the mistake of I mean, it's the mistake of a lifetime because he thought it was spam and he deleted the wedding invitation of Taylor Swift and Travin Kelsey and so he just mistakenly believed, you know, it was like a phishing attempt, and so he just like deleted or erased it or whatever he did before realizing that maybe this was an actual, real invitation to one of the year's biggest celebrity events. I'd argue maybe of the century. We always ask, is that the wedding of the century. It could have been his wife, Melissa. She revealed this embarrassing blunder in a huff Post essay, and she admitted that she was furious after learning they had missed this Star Study celebration. But you know, the thing about this is a little strange when people do this, because I just literally this past year, I've received I have a couple wedding invitations and I'm gone. The people typically follow up though, with a paper invite or a phone call. They don't just leave it to like chance there. It could have gone to spam like it because because emails do go to spam. So I find that strange that there was no.
Speaker 1: I and it wasn't. It wasn't Taylor and Travis sitting in their living room texting people. They had a professional company. They hired a team that did this, and that was part of the problem. It didn't come from Taylor's phone, so it didn't Taylor Swift texted me if you texted me Corey, I'd answer it. But if it was just a one eight hundred number or whatever, if there wasn't a name and it's I might not open it. I'm very careful about this stuff. I have missed that if you send me an e invite, sometimes I'm suspicious about it. Also to cards, I've got a few viruses from opening what I thought were holiday cars, and so now I say to myself, no message from a friend in a card can be worth me having to sit at the Apple Store for four hours waiting for a genius bar appointment, and so I just hit delete. I don't open that stuff. Now, I've really learned this, And sometimes my friends get so angry with me. It's my birthday next week, thank you very much. And a few of my friends have already sent me car and I'd say, I'm not opening I don't know if you email it from your personal account, like if I get anything from your email from your course, of course I open it. But if it's one eight hundred car, I'm not What's this not sense? And these people are very very busy. They have lots and lots of texts there was a thousand people. But Taylor has enough money that they could all personally have got a call. She could have had again, she could be exactly. I could have had a pigeon deliver. Mind. She's got so much money. An Ostrich could have turned up at my apartment with the invite strapped to his neck. It's that expensive. So I think, here, it is funny, but I do sort of get it. It is interesting. I was thinking about this. I know Ryan Seacrest, he did he got an invite to he couldn't go, he was working, But it didn't come from Taylor's phone. It didn't come from Travis. Now what I would have done is if I had looked at the guest list, I would have said to my event planners, who hasn't our svped? And then I would have texted them like, dude, I said you an invite last week. I know it can be confused, and sometimes you do think you're being punked that this wasn't somebody that was there inner circle. This wasn't someone that she really like. Was she worked with them? But you know, if somebody had sent me an invite a text, Rob, You've been invited to Taylors. It could happen. It's very unlikely, which when I look it was there, please, I mean my name, because I could have been invited. I'm gonna tell everybody. I'm gonna tell everybody. I accident. Yes, the logistics of this stuff. Oh, it's a military operation. Okay, moving along, King Charles is reunion with Harry hangs by earth thread. Oh and Meghan could be the key to this. So Harry had hoped for a reunion with his dad, King Charles. It's looking very uncertain that that is going to happen. It's Friday and it's not happened. It does not look good now. Inside is the saying the best chance of a meeting would be if Meghan and the kids were there. There are some rumors that maybe they will turn up for this. I think it's a little late now, but that's sort of bad too. It's like, I'll only beat with you if you've got your children. Yeah, it's a little bok. Some of my friends have done that. Friends that's the wrong word. So no, my colleagues, like they'll say to me, oh, I'll meet you tonight for a drink. Rob, are you going to be with Barry Manilo, thank.
Speaker 2: You as a qualifier for us.
Speaker 1: I'll meet you tonight. Rob. But are you going to be with Rosanna Scotto? It's Wendy come in and I'm like, do you really want to see me? Or do you want to see it? Is a bit shady, but I've done that too, my friend.
Speaker 2: They say they just asked. They don't have any shame.
Speaker 1: And would I say no? Madonna will not be there? Oh well they're not. I'll pass.
Speaker 2: You got to love the honesty.
Speaker 1: You've got to love it. King Charles and Harry this is they say, your schedules busy. It's his son. It's in London. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm disturbed by story because like the you know, the Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 1: That's rude. Five hundred rooms. Find a couch, some old couch and throw a blanket on it. I mean, find a piece of cheese in the kitchen and call it dinner. It's pretty bad. They're saying the logistics of it and the staffing, it's a palace. Find a room if you remember a door bell. Hory needed a place to stay tonight. I'd like to say I wouldn't. I'd like twenty four hours notice. Rub the bathtub. But if you turned up and you were like, can, I say yes, you can't patch so far, it's just not a good You know what always makes me smile about this family and I'm not on either side here. I got an awful DM from somebody saying I was a mouthpiece for this size and I said, I'm not a mouthpiece. You feel you have to pay me to be a mouth piece, then I will be. I said, whoever, listen, if you're listening, Harry, send me some money and I'll be you. Charles, if you're listening, send me that crown or something from the Tower London, a little jewel. I'll be your mouth I'm no one who's mouthpiece. I managed to upset so upset everybody. But what makes me laugh about this family, and it is on both sides petty, the pettiness or they're so petty. This is one of the most petty families I've ever That's why the real I know, but money people get so petty. That's why I can't stop talking about them. Okay, Moving alongside is Bonnie Tyler's passed.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, this is just like one of those things where like a party of her childhood has gone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So Bonnie Tyler with that wonderful, raspy rock and roll pop voice. You know, she she's dead at age seventy five. She's a Welsh born rock legend. And she's got the powerhouse ballad Total Eclipse of the Heart, and that was like one of the biggest songs in the eighties and songs.
Speaker 1: A great one. It's a huge song. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But she died at seventy five after months of serious illness.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 2: You know, she actually had other hits. You know, she also had I Need a Hero, and she had a big seventies hit. I think it's a heartache. I don't think yes, So she wasn't.
Speaker 1: The one hit one. No, No, she made money those songs hits. I don't think she wrote them. Maybe she didn't know. No, she did it. That's where the money really is. Wrote those songs. But God, bless you. What a wonderful life, what a wonderful talent. And may you rest in power, My rest in power. Okay, we're going to take a quick break and we will be right back. Welcome back to the Naughty but Niceham. Your hester with you, friend, Cory Andrew, Hey, Corey let's get to the polls. This was a shady pole yesterday. It did make me chuckle. Ariana Grande is encouraging a look alike, a viral look alike, to embrace her own identity and beauty. And now some people are saying, isn't that lovely that she told this young lady, don't copy me, be you. You're so pretty. But she's making money being an Ariana Grande impersona. Maybe she wasn't so flattered. Whenever anybody wants to do an impression of you, I always say, please don't because I'll never like it. If anyone ever says to me, Robert, do you know who you reminded? No, don't tell me because if it's not Brad Pitt Da Medna, I'll be insulted. I love her. It's very like Cory Fabula. Do you know who you remind me of? If it ain't fabulous Tyra Banks, Nailmi Campbell, Yes, that's you remind me of. You remind me of Nami? Just what so you could get me the way? Would she be naughty because she doesn't like all this? Or would she be nice because she was teltified it in her beauty sixty percent said nice. It's a tricky one. It could go evil. She might have been trying to shut her down, but yeah, she could have been. It's a bit annoying. Yeah, when I worked with Liza and La, she hated all the drag queens that did Liza. She she got really angry by it. She said, I don't earn a penny from that.
Speaker 2: She's right, well, she means like the professional ones that are out there, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a drag bar, they don't like it. Because if there's a heavy drag queen playing you your I don't like that. It's just if somebody got up and did like a Rob Shuter. I'm not that camp. But it's very tricky, isn't it. But it's also remembering Saturday Night Live. Did Kathleen how he loved it? Kathleen was furious, and I said to Kathley, it's an honor. It means culturally Veda. It took her a minute. I think it is tricky.
Speaker 2: They said she was an alcoholic though she was like drinking.
Speaker 1: She did, they did, they did point take it. Okay, don't forget to vote to Day's poll. Vote on today's poll. It's about justin Bell Deaney, will Blake Lively respond yes or no go vote on our Twitter ex page had naughty nights, wrong faced and be sure that's a check back on Monday to hear your results. And now the day.
Speaker 2: Yes Well Lindsay lowhand rings and forty years old, surrounded by family, friends and a whole fresh new start. She celebrated her fortieth birthday with an intimate Hampton's dinner, surrounded by everybody close to her and her husband Badar Shamas, and the actress hosted about sixty guests at le I always miss up this name, but it's Le bib Bibloi in seg Harbor, which is my favorite part of the Hampton's, but where everyone gave heartfelt speeches and confetti cannons were shot across the air and a flower covered pink birthday cake marked the milestone. I will just say Lindsay in the past couple of years after getting her act together, she looks phenomenal. She looks so great, and I'm happy for her that she's done meet.
Speaker 1: And I liked that her mom and dad were there. They're troubled in but there's no drama. Gamily was there, So congratulations Lindsay Happy birthday. Now I noticed today Lena Dunham's memoir I actually bumped into her a couple of weeks ago. She makes me last, she lives quite close to me. Has really ignited drama about Jack Aber or not. So Jack has just announced his breakup. He's getting a divorce, so now everyone's looking back. In her memoir Fame Sick, she is saying that he spent too many hours in the studio apartment with an unnamed team popstar. And she said, even though nothing happened, there was no romance there. She felt a little bit left out, a little bit overlooked in the relationships. So people are saying, did he do this again? Is he a workerholic? So giving us a little bit of insight, although it probably is unfair to judge this breakup by a previous one. And naughty naughtyus the other day. And Liam's gonna sell a few extra books. Now, just back on top. Let's end with the moment of from It's all about times. It time you're gonna rub, you rub, you rub, find your piece. So peace isn't something you discover after life becomes perfect. It's something you choose even when your life is messy. Stop waiting for every problem to disappear, to allow yourself to breathe don't do that. The people who seem the calmest, they're not stress free. They've learned not to let stress control them. Peace begins the instant you accept that you cannot control everything, but you can control how you respond. That's where freedom lives once again. Stop waiting for the perfect life to show up and start finding peace and then messy life that all of us have. Hey, that is it? Oooh this week, Thank you so much for listening. They're not even nice with Robin Cory show of production of Elvis Duran and iHeartRadio. Don't forget to follow me on substack, robshooter, substack dot com and also do my novel? Have I mentioned this? I mentioned it every show. My novel It's Started with a Whisper, is available right now. If every listener of this podcast bought this novel, we're doing really well. The podcast is doing exceptionally well. I would have a New York Times bestseller just saying what is no pressure? If you haven't picked up yet, and I know a lot of you have, maybe you want to get a copy for a friend. If you have picked it up, please think about doing so and remember let me hear you all together now. If you're going to be naughty
Speaker 2: Everyone, it's starting, but nice with Rom