Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, March thirteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are forty two days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. As we are officially six weeks out today, a month and a half.
Speaker 3: It's a sprint.
Speaker 4: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: It's a forty yard dash. Now, forty two yard dash. I guess what's sure will talking about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Forty two yard dash?
Speaker 6: What do you what?
Speaker 5: A Barry Church run in the forty forty two?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a great forty two. He was in the force.
Speaker 5: I think it was like four sevens or.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to Toledo or six nine that nine, Oh, he.
Speaker 5: Was meant to be in Dallas. Then all right, what is that supposed for six nine area code? Yes, there's a four six nine And you have to come on, Kyle, there's a four six nine area code.
Speaker 4: It's like the Frisco area code for.
Speaker 5: Six nine nine two one four.
Speaker 4: Wow, come on, Kyle, this this Waco guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby all day, every day, two five four, all right, welcome in. We've got Nick Harris, Brian brought us watch Lombardi with Bobby belt on, Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam and company in the back, putting up some great film as we go along in this show. I want to talk about kind of the the last twenty four hours or so, the Cowboys front office was pretty busy, kind of maneuvering some whatever you want to look at it depth pieces. You you can look at it as maybe potential starters.
Speaker 3: Around the way.
Speaker 2: A couple of trades, one of which are actually a couple of which that were guys that were talked about on this show back whenever they were coming out of the NFL Draft, Guys like Kye or Elam who's coming out of floor was a first round pick in his own right. Solomon Thomas again first round pick, third overall on the draft show, talked about him quite a bit whenever he was making his way out as a defensive lineman. And then Kenneth Murray was a linebacker out of Oklahoma that we talked about. The trades all happening and the signings all happening over these last forty eight hours and Nick, when you look at kind of the way that the roster construction is gone, does it affect anything so far on what is happening in terms of the NFL Draft or can we kind of get an idea and read between the lines here of what the Cowboys front offices think?
Speaker 6: Yes, certainly, I mean free agency is kind of your layup for what you need in the draft.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: Granted, when you're looking at this team and the moves that they made over the course of last few days, it's more so addressing the depth issues. In my opinion, you look at the corner position going in getting kayri elm that's just a guy that you can hope can compete for a spot on the outside until Trayvon Diggs can be back and then maybe kind of be your amanio or a warrier in a sense where he's that first rotation guy in at best case scenario. Then you look at Kenneth Murray and Jack Sanborn, adding much needed depth to that linebacker room. Not only do you have to Marven Overstrom coming back from injury, but that room is also young. So bringing in two guys who have been in the league for a cup of Tea. It definitely. It definitely will help that room out as well.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I think we talked about Javonte Williams on Tuesday, but I think on the offensive side of the ball, there's still probably some need for depth, and specifically at running back, specifically at receiver. So that's where you start to look in the draft maybe a little bit more. And you still need a lot of depth at corner. One guy is not going to fix the issue that you have at corner right now. So I'm still looking at those three positions as probably the most likely for premium picks in the draft.
Speaker 3: Does it change anything at linebacker or corner for you at all?
Speaker 8: This is my thing, right and I don't want to talk crazy about people while I'm in their building, you know, I just you know, if this is all about depth, then perfect. This is about the guys that are at the bottom of the roster. Cool, But I have an odd feeling that in about two months we're going to be like, oh, yeah, we had to play a game today. We could play with Kennan Mery linebacker right now. We can play with such and such starting right now. And I don't want that to be the situation. I don't want And I say us because I'm more fan. I don't work here. But when I say like the Cowboys, right, I don't. I don't want them to be like, all right, we're just trying to fix this bottom of the RUSS. I think most of Cowboy fans want them to fix the top of it for the most part. So yeah, I mean you you still got a draft in me and Brian just had this convo last night. It's like the pressure that's on the draft, you know what I'm saying, Like if this is a like you want to hit one, two, and three if you can. This ain't one of those years where okay, well let's develop our third round guy and see where he is in three or four years. Like you need all your guys on deck. And I think this is about as good as the offseason acquisitions are gonna go. I think this is as high as it's gonna get. I still think we're gonna lan on draft and we're gonna fill out the rest of an andraft free agency.
Speaker 3: Just my personal opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think there's a lot of Cowboys fans out there that feel that way, Brian, But I just in talking with those around the building and kind of the general feel I think they're they're addressing eleven through fifty three.
Speaker 3: We've had that conversation before. Right when you look at.
Speaker 2: One through ten on this Cowboys roster and you stack them up against some of the other teams across the NFL, you feel pretty good about what you have one through ten. The Micah's and the CDs and the Dacks and the Tyler Smith's of the world, just to name a few. But it's eleven through fifty three. They're addressing that right now? Are they going to get there and address another spot in that one through ten and push somebody out of the top ten?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what they want to do.
Speaker 4: I'll continue with you on one point. I mean to cut you off.
Speaker 6: Sure, I think these moves have more so been addressing thirty through fifty three.
Speaker 3: Okay, they need.
Speaker 6: The eleven through thirty now, like they still got to legitimate starters who could be a legitimate starter, Like, yeah, Kenneth Murray can be a starter for you, But I mean, instincts are going to have to take a giant step forward under Matt eve Refluse. You hope scheme can kind of help that. I think Jack Sanborn's a really good player. I think he's gonna end up being a pretty good player for this team. But you still need that eleven through thirty in my opinion, and that's where you go in the draft, in the first round, second round, third round, and you hope those guys, but like you said, you don't really have an opportunity to let those guys develop. You have to have those guys hit right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I tell you couldn't have another year where you let talent walk out the building. They couldn't have back to back years where the depth is also just walking out the building and they did nothing about it. So yeah, to me, it's more about, like what Nick was talking about, I think, replacing those guys and hopefully you get something out of it. I agree with you about Samborn. I think that Solomon Thomas could be a really good player here as a three technique as well. So I am very very hopeful for some of those additions. But yeah, to me, this was about trying not to just completely lose all the depth that they had built out over those teams that were that were twelve and five though for those three.
Speaker 3: Years, And I like the way you put it.
Speaker 2: The thirty through fifty three is perfect because, like you said, you're not going to put Solomon Thomas in the one through thirty mark, You're not going to put Kenneth Murray in the one through thirty. Can they work their way up there? Can kayri elm be in that category possibly if they have a great season. Where do you feel like they can add that eleven through thirty right now? Bobby, when you're looking at this roster, is there anything out there from a free agent standpoint, a trade standpoint that you can say that's a spot where they have the capital to do so.
Speaker 5: Like the one area where I look at right now and I say, I don't think they have a starting player there right now? Is their number two receiver? Like I don't think I don't think they've got a two receiver right now. Luckily, if you want to just hold out some hope and say Dallas gets more involved in free agency than they typically have been around the high end of the market, receivers one of the areas that still has not been completely picked over in free agency right now. There's still plenty of them out there who could probably step in and contribute to a two or three level for you here, So I said it this morning on one of five through the fan. To me, it's Dallas has to get comfortable with pain and uncomfortable price, or get comfortable with not having guys come in here and fill those roles because you're going to have to then just lean completely on the draft. So to me, receiver, do you want to stand around and see, okay, what does the market play out like for steff On Digs or Cooper cup or any of these free agents or Mary Cooper, whoever it may be. Do you want to stand around there and just go, okay, do you come down to a level that we're comfortable with or do you come into a range where all right, we take a little bit of a step up from discomfort, you take a little bit of a step down from where you wanted to be, and we can meet in the middle. Can you go find the Randall Cobbs signing from a couple of years ago, but you're probably gonna have to pay more than that just because that was one year, five million, five six years.
Speaker 4: Ago, or the Brandon Cooks trade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, So you need to go find something like that. That's the biggest area where right now I say, I need a contingency there. You've got your contingencies in other areas, and that's seems to always be the Moniker from the Cowboys and free agencies. Contingencies for you up pick best player available when you get to the draft. Receiver is an area where that don't know that they've got contingencies right now?
Speaker 4: Do you still need another one at corner two?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Why do you guys think the ghost and thing didn't work out? Because you know, could it be like, well, he costs too much money, We don't want to bring Ghost and baby. You think maybe ghost and didn't want to come back. Do you think we're gonna lean on Marshaun and you know, Sam Williams or something like that. I think Ghoston was a valuable, valuable depth type dude for you, and he showed that he can like start for you, like if it's an emergency or whatever, Ghoston can start for you.
Speaker 3: And I think you want your deposition bitch, okay, full blown age.
Speaker 8: I think you you want your depth guys to be like low key kind of starters in an emergency, right. I don't Thinkton Peyton Turner. I don't think Peyton Turner can start a whole bunch of games for you, right, So I think we kind of got a little worse here.
Speaker 3: Why do you think Ghoston didn't see it?
Speaker 9: That's where I think that they they'll disagree with you on that. They think they think that Peyton Turner could be what Golston was.
Speaker 5: There's upside. I think there's upside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sick of upside. Honestly, I'm tired.
Speaker 10: I'm tired.
Speaker 8: I'm sick of shooting dice on getting better. I'm sick of banking on coaches.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you where. I'll tell you where. I'm sick of it.
Speaker 9: Nick and I had this discussion yesterday on the break is like these guys would position flex Yeah, you know. And that's why I ask you, what position do you think that Golston can play? Because I think that they lost that and I think they lost that along his way in his career.
Speaker 3: So myself and you.
Speaker 9: Immediately said edge, oh okay, yeah, someone finally standing up and saying he could.
Speaker 3: That's that's That's That's what I'm saying always.
Speaker 9: So to me, I think that they I think that they look at I think they look at Peyton Turner.
Speaker 3: As that guy, the length, the size.
Speaker 9: He doesn't I don't think he rushes the passer as well as Goldston. I'm not saying Golston's great, right, but but playing the run and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I think that's where in their mind they're like, we would rather have this is okay. This is where I think they were.
Speaker 9: I wonder if they really misevaluated where some of these guys money was gonna come down. And you look at and you look at where Dowdell's money came down yesterday, You look where Jordan Lewis's money came down. You know, did you look at maybe with Golston, did you even try? Did you think the money was going to be too much there?
Speaker 3: You know? See that's the that's the and Golston six meeting and don't look too bad or doesn't look too bad. See that's I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I think that they I think that they went into this thinking we could get Lewis.
Speaker 3: Back, we could get him back.
Speaker 9: They didn't expect Lewis to make ten million dollars and Nick, I don't think they expected Rico Daddle to make.
Speaker 3: Three million dollars.
Speaker 9: So that's I I wonder if they got lost in there, what the value of that player was going to be and they and they quickly pivoted to other positions.
Speaker 5: Who are there? Who are their handful of biggest departures so far?
Speaker 2: Jordan Lewis, huh, Chauncey Golston. Yeah, the guys that we just talked about Rico Market.
Speaker 5: Okay, literally the first four names we named, they're all repped by the same person. Yeah, they're aped by the same agent.
Speaker 3: Could be that.
Speaker 5: It could be that you just you're having some some headbutting right now.
Speaker 3: That's that's very very good point.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 4: So Logical has two more out there in Israel, Mkwuamu and Nick Visual.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so look, I'm gonna rep in half of half the class year, and that's somebody who you've had some tough negotiations with in the past. With Mark Slawrence. It could just be that, I think if if they weren't coming to a place where where his representation felt like on a number, you feel like.
Speaker 3: That they didn't want it, They didn't want to fight that fight. I mean, I'm asking you something to.
Speaker 5: I think Lewis they wanted to fight for I think Lewis, I think Jordan Lewis got more than they thought. I don't think they thought he was going to get tend.
Speaker 3: That's where I thought.
Speaker 9: I thought that they misevaluated the money that some of these guys were gonna Lewis, I didn't think about the agent angle.
Speaker 4: I think Dowdell.
Speaker 5: I think Dowdell got Dowdell got two seven five with uh some stuff that could get him up to six. H I think they thought Dowbell probably could have gotten around three. I think they thought that was possible. I don't know that they would have been comfortable with, and I don't know what the incentives are. It makes me wonder if the incentives they weren't happy with. They thought, Okay, those are incentives that we don't necessarily want to pay up to. So it could be something along those lines. But you know, I think Dowdell was a guy who he thought they their anticipation, I think from his side was that he was going to be able to get six on the market. I thought they got six up there with incentives, and so so they pivoted quickly. I think they went to Javonte Williams thinking yeah, and that out market was not the same as probably what what Dowbdell thought it was going to be. Galston, I think that was around what they thought it could be. But I think they figured they can they can find something similar or cheaper in terms of return, and then Lawrence was one where I just think that was over. I think that had reached its end.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 6: I think another part of the conversation at running back is, Okay, if you're bringing back Doubt or are you bringing him back as a one B orre you're bringing him back as an RB two, what does that look like? And if you're bringing him back as an RB one, which is what he would expect after coming off a thousand yard season over twelve hundred yard scrimmage yards, if you're bringing him back as an RB one, then you're drafting an RB two in a really deep running back class.
Speaker 4: Or you can go get a guy like Javonte Williams, who.
Speaker 6: Was okay being your RB two, he's approven RB two receiving a pass blob, and then you go get a damn good RB one in this draft. I think that's probably part of the thought process as well. It's just like, hey, this guy, he's played four years, he's got experience. Yes, he had that one injury, but he looks like he's bounced back from that. He's one of the best best pass catching backs, one of the best pass blocking backs in this class.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: You pair that with an RB one in the draft and let it roll.
Speaker 2: Well, that might be why the market value is different for Doubtle than maybe his representation even thought about it initially, because teams are looking ahead and they're seeing the twenty twenty five NFL Draft class and saying, Okay, we can get guys here that are going to do what Legal Doubtell can bring you the team.
Speaker 5: And I don't know whenever I think of Doubtle, like if I'm starting to think of, like Describeery Godaubtle, like, one of the first words that comes to mind for me is violent, Like he's a violent running style. And I think there are questions for this organization. They've seen it for five years, how well is he going to hold up physically, because I mean, it's been a challenge for him to stay healthy throughout his career and that violent running Stot's like, Okay, how much do we anticipate that you can handle that consistently with this type of player that you are. Is your body gonna be able to hold up into that? So I don't think they wanted to lean on him as a running back one because I think they high concerns about can they manage that consistently?
Speaker 3: Kyle, If I can ask a question real quick, first, I guess you guy should check.
Speaker 9: Your boards, give me a guy that you match with Williams that that could be potentially that RB one for you.
Speaker 3: Then just just tell me off just a duo.
Speaker 6: I think we may have talked about this a little bit on Tuesday. Damien Martinez. I feel I could be could be a guy I would want to load. I would want a guy who's Yeah, I would want a guy who's who's a big guy Todd Brooks, Damian Martinez who can get you those short yards. But I'd also be okay with a Devin Neil, a guy that's had production three straight a thousand yard seasons, only missed one game in his entire career.
Speaker 3: There's there's there's a speed level on those guys. I mean that the quickness, you know what I'm saying, That's what I was thinking. I was thinking. I was yeah, I was.
Speaker 9: Thinking that, you know I love what you're doing with the physicality and the toughness of the player. If I if I needed, if I needed, give me some give me a guy to pair with him.
Speaker 3: It's got juice in the same time.
Speaker 7: R J.
Speaker 3: Harvey, Okay, he's got blue blue Okay.
Speaker 11: R J.
Speaker 6: Harvey's got breakaway speed. Burchard Smith, although I think he's going to be more of a receiver at the next level, more of a slot guy. Yeah, but there are some speed guys by shell Touton out of Virginia Tech. Yeah, he had some great testing at the combine. There's some speed guys.
Speaker 3: He plays fast too, Yeah, he does. And these are these are.
Speaker 2: Later round guys. I mean you're not hitting gent Or Hampton or Henderson or Johnson. Sure those guys up at the top. If you wanted physicality, you could pair him with a guy like Caleb Johnson out of Iowa. He's got some physicality to his game. Marion Hampton's two hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 6: So what why what other of these Ohio State backs I think would be that would be great.
Speaker 9: I got a feeling, I got a feeling that you're gonna do something else At twelve and forty four.
Speaker 4: Talking about specific yeah, yeah, other than running back.
Speaker 3: Running back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd get a running back at forty four. I wouldn't at twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because there's there's only one there and you don't think it would be Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be there.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah, is he not gonna Is he not going to be there? Just because of the depth of what's what we're starting to see at the top of the sport. Think it's that conversation we had the top. It's it's the it's the Raider thing.
Speaker 4: Starting to free up.
Speaker 6: Some are the Bears starting to really load up on the offensive line, understanding what they are trying to do offensively.
Speaker 4: The Raiders what they have done. They've gotten their quarterback.
Speaker 6: Well I don't know if they did, but they say now quarterback, yeah, and they just need a running back. They need a game change in running back because that was the worst backfield in the NFL last year, hands down.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about replacements, but just in a different area because we've talked about Javonte Williams, pairing him with somebody to replace Rico Dwell, talked about Solomon Thomas and Peyton Turner as possible replacements for Chauncey Golson on the defensive line. But the biggest name and the number one name that the Cowboys are going to have to replace is at nickel corner. Where are we going in this NFL draft when you look at the board top to bottom to try and replace Jordan Lewis and what he brought to the table. Is there a starting caliber Nickel that's out there in the draft that you would be comfortable using one of your early premium picks on.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what Man barn is there. But do you draft Baron at twelve to just play nickel forty? That's the question, you know, because I think he can do fine just as an outside guy. But you know, and then also too, just a Cowboys talk, like how far are we from just saying, all right, Bland, we've been We've been having this conversations about you being nickel guy. Just get another outside guy that you trust for real, and we could just take Bland back to where he grew up, you know.
Speaker 5: And you know, yeah, I wonder if if they get if they feel like they're in a pinch, like I do think on the free agent market, they're in a pinch right now if they wanted to try and address Nickel there there's not a ton of options, and corner has gone Cincinnati. That Hilton Hilton, Mike Hilton. Yeah, older guy, right, older guy, and he gets he's got injury history. Okay, that's just thing. I don't know how much they can go that direction. I just don't know how much with some of the issues that they're having right now in terms of depth there, how much they want to lean on potentially guy with that injury history. I do think that the cost on the free agent market for corners right now has been so high. Jordan Lewis at ten million, He's on the bottom half of corners that have signed so far by consider bull amount. So to me, yeah, you're looking at you're you're looking at the draft and so are you gonna draft a corner to play outside and move bland in? Are you gonna look at the third round? Are you gonna look at Jacob Parrish? Are you gonna look at Baron Maxwell Haston?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: See, I was thinking I don't have Harriston from Kentucky as a second round player, but man, you might have to hit him at forty four.
Speaker 4: Everybody love him, so you had to give him the third.
Speaker 9: I do have him at the third and I haven't. I didn't move it, and I got him. And I like Noel Williams from cal You guys know that.
Speaker 3: Two good ones.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so, but I I'm kind of in that mode right now. But Harrison's probably gonna have to go at forty four. Thomas from Florida State, do anything for you in Nicol.
Speaker 6: I think he's more of an outside guy, but I could see Nicol possibility.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one brother, Yeah, I like, I really like.
Speaker 6: Jacob Parrish out of Kansas State. I see Riley out of Louisville. I think those are two.
Speaker 9: See. I have both those guys in the fourth, and I have a feeling they're probably both going to go in the third.
Speaker 5: I think, uh, I think, I mean, I think this team likes Thomas. I think they would probably view him outside though, and so but I mean, again, that's not going to be a problem if you just say Bland will play inside and that Bland will play the nickel, and that may be what they have to do. I think they thought they were going to get Jordan Lewis back, and I think that this is kind of. I think they are in a state right now where they're having to do some adjustments and trying to figure out where they might be able to find some answers.
Speaker 6: You have a lot easier time convincing to Ron Bland to play at Nickel if you get an extension done with him before the season starts.
Speaker 5: Got a lot of you got a lot of room, you know something there? Yeah, look, you got a lot of room.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I wish your job saying when you said that, because they're they're playing Jacob Parish film, which, by the way, Zach Wilchuck just text he said he's the answer in terms of the Nickel Corner spot.
Speaker 12: But I.
Speaker 3: Got him. I think I got a couple of these guys too low that perish perish.
Speaker 2: In the fourth when when you're looking at it, you've brought up Jalen Kimber from Penn State before.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, it's more so like a late Day three. That's a late guy, right, Yeah, that's more so like guy.
Speaker 3: He get a combine invite.
Speaker 4: I don't think he did not get a combine invite. That was a surprise.
Speaker 6: Dan Jackson was another one that was surprising, even though I was kind of pooping on him on Tuesday. Another nickel type guy that I really liked coming out of the All Star Swing was Robert Longer Beam out of Ruggers. That's a guy that I've heard good things on. And then Jalen Smith at USC really talented player who's played multiple spots in the secondary. Talking to a lot of dB trainers in Indianapolis, Jalen Smith is a guy that they feel like is not getting enough love in this draft process. So Jaylen Smith would be another one. I think there's some talented Nickels in this draft.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 6: And if you feel like you have to wait till day three to go get one, now, look, it's gonna be tough finding a starter on day tree, but you might be in that situation because you have to fill some other holes on the first couple of days. I think you might be able to hit on one or two. Elijah Hussey out of North Carolina really shining at the Shrine Bowl. I remember Isaiah stand Back, Me and him were sitting on the side of the sideline watching practice during the Shrine Bowl and he that was his favorite guy on the field. So, uh, Huzzy is a is another one. I would throw out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he liked him versus Mumpfield, the receiver out of pit like he liked seeing those guys go up against each other throughout. Now, Jaylen Smith was the guy who stood out to me from a nickel standpoint. Remember when Tedes Johnson was kind of turning heads at the Senior Bowl, there was one guy that stood up to him and actually had some success in the one on ones, and it was Jaylen Smith against TZ.
Speaker 5: I like a swipe celebration too. I like the way he swipes the field.
Speaker 7: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Fifty four along the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just like the way he worked that celebration. Thought there, I thought he went.
Speaker 3: To Notre Dame, not you as that is the other side of the riot. That's what it was. All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 2: We've got some twitter on the twenty might have a question around the cornerback spot as well.
Speaker 3: Is it more likely for the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys to address the nickel spot or to address the boundary like Vox was talking about and moved to Ron Bland inside more to come for the draft show right after this.
Speaker 3: Life is a workout and Smoothie King is here.
Speaker 13: To help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 3: That scary bridge.
Speaker 13: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 10: All Right. Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 8: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see check.
Speaker 3: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 10: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, snapper the.
Speaker 3: Fresh guy who looks right it's not there. He escaped flapt He'll look for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 12: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 15: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Y is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft shows.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show The Dallas Cowboys Flag Football League is here, with nearly one hundred participating high schools. The Cowboys are thrilled to provide opportunities for athletes to develop their talent and foster the growth of girls flag football in the.
Speaker 3: State of Texas.
Speaker 2: Fine teams, view schedules and learn more at Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 3: Com slash Girls Flag.
Speaker 2: They had a big announcement a couple of weeks ago about those flag football leagues. It's really a cool deal what they're putting together. Dak was out there, Charlotte Jones was helping promote it, and they're they're really making it.
Speaker 3: A big deal.
Speaker 2: Danny McCrae doing all that. Danny is doing a phenomenalizer. Danny McCrae.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Giers, We're going to be doing a draft show about quarterback MJ. Prescott for the you know, for the girls flag in Mississippi state to state. Yeah, you know, rocket it big time.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is, it's now providing scholarships for for flag football, like schools are giving scholarships for it. It's really a cool deal. So really excited about that. Go get your info. Dallas Cowboys dot Com slash girls flag. All Right, Mark Sears is the guy you're talking to. Mark Sears in the break, we're talking some college hoops in the break. All Right, it is time to talk NFL draft, and that means it's time for some twitter on the twitter on.
Speaker 3: The twenty all right.
Speaker 2: When we were talking about Javonte Williams earlier about the NFL draft side of things with Javonte Williams on the roster outside of Ashton genty, which one of those two Await, that's actually the exact same question.
Speaker 3: We just talked about. Two or three round? Where are you going with this? Yeah, two or three round guys that we would end up being with. Okay, let go echo echo, Yeah, let's do Christians question.
Speaker 2: This is a this or that You've got MIKEL Williams, the addresser out of Georgia that we talked about on Tuesday radio, and at forty four you got Caleb Johnson, the running back from Iowa.
Speaker 3: So you address your your.
Speaker 2: Running back spot, or you go with Luther Burdon wide receiver at twelve out of Missouri, and you go with Donovan Jackson and at Rusher at forty offensive regard from from Ohio Ohio State at forty four to address your offensive line spots. So you're either running the ball with Johnson or you're throwing the ball with Burden, and then you're playing a little defense with Mikel Williams and Donovan Jackson's blocking for I guess Javonte Williams.
Speaker 8: The Luther Burden Jackson one seems to have better, you know, better players for me. I would love to have Johnson at forty four, but I'd have attitude that we drafted Mikeil Williams at twelve.
Speaker 3: And it's people that think that I hate Michil Williams. I don't hate my sounds like that.
Speaker 8: I just wouldn't appreciate him at twelve overall, well, because I think, you know, if you're going to walk, you know, like, tell me why we're drafting him, right. He's a run guy that has upside as a pass rusher. I only really seen him, you know, sacked Texas. I didn't really see him sacking anybody else. So I just think if I'm drafting at twelve, I think that would be much better ready to go players right now. I'm I'm not the guy that banks on upside. I love a good floor. I love what are you good at right now?
Speaker 3: Because you're tired of upside?
Speaker 8: I hate upside upside because I don't know. I don't know if you were I don't know if you work hard. I don't know how good coaching is here. But if I could just bank on anything, I want to bank on the guys that okay, Well, I know you have past rush moves. I know that you can play the run, I know that you can line up in different spies xyz. So I just feel safer with a Mike Green at twelve than I would Mikel Williams. You know what I'm saying, and you know, And then I saw him running this forty on Twitter and I was like, ah, I was like, oh, is here a.
Speaker 3: Three tech now?
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's just a lot of questions.
Speaker 8: And Brian said this like a month ago, and I think if you're drafting at twelve, you kind of want to take to do with the least amount of questions.
Speaker 3: So that's why I would feel a little weird about Mikell at twelve.
Speaker 6: Do you have more concerns about you're looking at the roster right now? Do you have more concerns about this team rushing the passer or stopping the run.
Speaker 8: Stopping the run for sure, but I think when you drafting at in your first round, I don't want to think of the team. I just want to take the best possible to do.
Speaker 3: And I understand that.
Speaker 4: I understand that.
Speaker 6: I think more so, I guess I'm thinking about it from my standpoint all. I have Williams and Green a lot closer than maybe you do, and I see it from a standpoint of like, Hey, Williams is a guy that I believe that you can put in day one start and he'll be able to stop the run and seal the edge off for you, similar to how DeMarcus Lawrence said early in his career. Now, granted, it's going to take some upside, like you said, to get to the pass rushing department, but I think you can do that with the personnel that you have involved here. For me, Mike Green, you're bringing him in as his pass rusher, and you're giving up some of the run game there because of his length, because of his lack of versatility. Sorry, Brian, but I think with mikeel Williams, you have some fluidity as far as what you can do with him.
Speaker 4: That was just my opinion.
Speaker 6: But I am curious about, not necessarily you the mike El Williams hate in the draft community. I understand where it comes from, but also factoring in his entire Georgia career. He said he played a sixty percent last season, and sixty percent looked pretty damn good to me. But I don't know one thing to note. Matt I Refluse was at George's pro day yesterday, front and center for Mikel Williams.
Speaker 3: He got a lot of Georgia players there like, yeah, they do it for sure.
Speaker 8: Twelve overall matters to me, you know what I'm saying, And he's a second round grade for me, but that means he'll go like nineteenth overall or something like that, which which is fine. But in my mind, if I had to pick between him and the best wide receiver on the board, I'm probably gonna, you know, choose the wide receiver or the d lineman or the other edge rusher that I just like a little bit more, or the corners that we've been you know, bearing in particular, right, I would just rather those guys than Williams. And you know, if we got to reach for a nineteenth overall guy. At twelve, then cool. Now if we trade back and we end up with Michael Wis, then we can you know, we can party and celebrate them.
Speaker 3: But twelve now, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like at trade back scenarios, all bets are off at that point because you could go anywhere. You could go with the cornerback spot, you could go with one of those other second tier wide receivers that slips. You could go with anybody there and kind of turn it around. With kind of that in mind, William asked the question, there's been the conversation about twelve to thirteen true first round grades. You mentioned that a minute ago at fourteen after the combine, and now that we're getting in the pro days, has that changed at all for any of you guys? Where where is your board at in terms of your first round grades?
Speaker 3: Across it?
Speaker 5: Film is king? I don't want to change because somebody you know run will or you know what if somebody runs really poorly? Are you more likely to change a grade based on somebody performing really poorly at the combine or performing really well?
Speaker 3: I tend not to do either one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been see I didn't used to and then I got burned by tease taber one year, peace table will burn you Tease table tea. That was the only thing teess table woul Burn because he was not running with anybody apparently with his four six two forty at his size.
Speaker 3: But it's amazing how well he played on film though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was really good on film. Yeah, and then he he couldn't he couldn't run, and he got to the NFL and he was a mess. And he was somebody on tape that looked like a first round player and then he ran four six two and you go, okay, well, why is a five eleven one and ninetyound corner running four six two?
Speaker 3: That's not good. I kind of feel like these guys can train for forties. That's what bothers me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you know, you could get a guy like and we've talked about and I'm the the example I always uses the ursery from Minnesota tested really really well. He doesn't play like he tests, so that that kind of that's those are the kinds of things I'm I'm with fog Listen. I would I would rather die on the hill, the film hill, yep, than I would the workout hill.
Speaker 6: I think there is value seeing these people up close in person? Yeah, more so in like a Senior Bowl or a shrine Bowl type.
Speaker 3: And I totally agree with you.
Speaker 6: A combine testing, Yeah, you do have to take it with the grain of salt. There's a reason it exists, and there's a reason that all thirty two teams go and they see the guys in person. But I think there is only some value put in.
Speaker 5: Tyler Shuck ran four six four At the comment Tyler Shuck the quarterback. The quarterback, So Shuck ran four six four When he first got into training, he was running.
Speaker 3: Five oh five.
Speaker 5: So I mean, like you're talking, and it kind of depends on the margins. How how out of shape does somebody show up when they start training, and how much they can add to.
Speaker 3: The stuff other guys they learn how to start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I mean trailing Burks, he ran four or five oh a couple years ago. I think Burks showed up. He was running for so I'm like, you can get some But like I mean.
Speaker 2: Is that why you knock a guy though? Like a test Johnson for instance, out of Oregon. I mean he plays faster on tape than he did actually running the forty does that tell you something about work ethic or train or any kind of element there.
Speaker 9: Let me know how you could go to the combine and not be ready for it exactly. That that tells me more about your character that does anything.
Speaker 3: That's the question. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I mean I think that the testing doesn't bump anybody necessarily. For me, what it will do is it'll make me go back and like, okay, did I was I seeing something wrong?
Speaker 3: Like if I watch Golden play, what do you see? Do you see a fourteen time guy? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't expect him run four two, But like when I see it, I see it, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah no, And like I mean, there's some guys that when I see the testing, it's like, Okay, I didn't expect you were gonna run like that, And then there are other guys where it's like, wow, I really expected you to be faster. Tony Pollard was not a four or five guy on the field to me, Like he ran four or five two or whatever he did at the comment, that was not a four five player in pads on the field, there's a little bit of a difference with game speed and different things like that. I I had if you count if you count the double first round grade as receiver in corner for Travis hunder than I had fifteen. If you got him as one player, than I had fourteen, and I still got fourteen.
Speaker 2: I've got fifteen, and I'm pretty solidly at that number. I feel pretty good about fifteen. Nick, you've seen Kobe Hudson from from UCF. Yeah, towns and players as a player.
Speaker 9: See that's I'm saying there's a four or five guy that plays a lot faster than four or five.
Speaker 3: On tape.
Speaker 9: He ran like four or five to one at the combine. He's a He's a pretty depressive guy.
Speaker 2: Speaking of guys who had some pretty good combines. Ty Felton from Maryland. So Darryl asked the questions, like I said, why is Ty getting or not getting the love?
Speaker 3: He had a good combine. He's got some decent film at Maryland.
Speaker 14: Anything on ty Felton from you guys, I have no West's family, Okay, Yeah, just a bigger set guy. Not bigger set, more so long, long and outside receiver that you could definitely see pop on late day two or early day three. I think he's a talented player. You talk about production, he certainly has it. He was a third team All American this last season. I mean, he's I don't think there's necessarily lack of love for him. I mean, you look at the production he had last year, ninety six receptions and twenty four yards.
Speaker 6: Both of those stats led the Big Ten. I think this is a guy who's getting properly valued at this point in the process. I think I think the testing certainly did help him out though.
Speaker 3: Or did you have him?
Speaker 4: I have him in the fourth, fourth round?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, good to know, move him forward. He was a Senior Bowl guy as well. He was out there from Maryland.
Speaker 6: Ty Felton didn't really shine at the Senior Bowl. Maybe that was an expectation from from some people in the part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had other guys kind of step up like a jack back. Can you tell me who your favor round guys are? Please? At wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say that I don't have all of them put together.
Speaker 9: Okay, now, so we'll have if I could throw Okay, let me let me throw my fourth round at you tell me Bryant from Illinois, Okay, Hudson from UCF, Higgins Iowa State, and Bond from Tech.
Speaker 3: How how would you rate him among those guys?
Speaker 6: So I have Higgins above that list. I would have Bond second. Who are the other ones you threw out there, Bryant and Hudson, Bryant and Hudson, I would go Hudson, Bryant.
Speaker 2: So, Hudson from uc F, Pat Bryant from Illinois. Who are the other names you said of? You said Bond from Texas?
Speaker 3: Right? So you have you have this this Maryland kid above all those guys. Is that ty Felton?
Speaker 9: No, I have him in the fourth That's what I'm saying. Above Bryant, Hudson, Higgins, Bond.
Speaker 6: No, I have Higgins and Bond in the Higgins is the second round grade. Bond is a third. Okay, and then yeah, yea, I see the others are fourth throws.
Speaker 3: Okay, got you gotch him.
Speaker 2: Anybody watched Jordan James out of Oregon running back? We had Brian He wants to know tell me more about mister Jordan James.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm big Jordan James.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 6: I think Oregon's done a fantastic job in evaluating running backs. And if you don't believe me, asked this front office. They interviewed their running backs coach for the running backs coach position here, Rashad samples he's a DFW DFW guy, but yeah, Oregon really talented player. He ran hard for the Ducks this last season. I like his set at five to ten two ten. I think that is like the perfect running back physique. I think if you take that, you put that on the field, I think it translates perfectly.
Speaker 4: He has some ability out of the backfield.
Speaker 6: This is a guy I think you could take in the third round at seventy six and you'd be comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever I watched him, I mean I looked at him. One of the more explosive backs in the country last year. Electrifying runner, twitchy movements, make it hard from first contact, runs bigger than his body type, uses every part of the field by Oregon. He was used in the red zone, he was used on the outside, used in the flat. He was receiver out of the backfield, not maybe not in every down back because he is smaller. He's not I think he's gonna be kind of one of those mid round guys that you could pick up and give.
Speaker 3: Quality snaps to. But he's not a three down guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he punches up the hit, Like, I mean, he's smaller, but he's a he's pretty physical for it. Pound for pound, he's the more physical running back.
Speaker 3: They sub him out as a pass protector, Yeah they do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as does a physical run it Like that's a.
Speaker 3: The running part of it is really really great.
Speaker 9: I think the strength of a runner is really you'll fight for extra yards all those stuff. If he has a weakness, sits out a pass protector and he doesn't have a great route tree, I'm sure he catches the ball better then, But do you watch Oregon.
Speaker 3: He does not run a lot of routes. But I worried about the pass protection part.
Speaker 5: Of it, which shot Shoty has mentioned before, Like that's that is a component that he wants to see out of the backs. He wants to see them be able to do different things in the passing.
Speaker 9: It might not be his fault, it might be the coordinator's fault there for the routes. But I didn't see a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm looking at two. It was kind of an imperfect offensive line play up front.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: I mean they had some good, good guys up front. We've talked a lot about Connor Lee out of the tackle spot. There were times where he would just get lost in the wash.
Speaker 3: The chunk player guy. Yeah, he would make it happen. I had him in the bottom half of the of the third, So third fourth is kind of right round. Where'd you have him, Brian? I believe in the fourth round about the same?
Speaker 2: All right, Now, this question has to do with what I want to talk about in the third segment. I want to leave a little bit of time here. The question was from Ty. He wants to know how has free agency and how have these trades kind of affected what could happen before the Cowboys at pick number twelve.
Speaker 3: So we're going to take our break.
Speaker 2: We're going to answer that question, kind of sneak in another Twitter on the twenty question and talk about how things can shake out from one to eleven to affect with the Cowboys may have available at pick twelve in front of them in this April's NFL Draft. More of the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 7: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 7: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 16: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas.
Speaker 3: Tour the Star and talk x'es and ods with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 16: With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge, Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the glad a smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kip.
Speaker 12: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show Boys.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show. PBR World Finals are returning to AT and T Stadium. It all starts on May sixteenth with Kid Rocks, Rock and Rodeo. Then on May seventeenth and eighteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty five PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride tickets are on sale now. It's sea geek dot Com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Brian brought us Mike Harris.
Speaker 2: That was vatch Lombardi whenever he's he's in the back talking about Fikel Williams.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it was. And then we've got brought Bobby delp I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us. One of the update. This is what the draft pick situation looks like.
Speaker 2: Remember the Cowboys early this week received four competitory picks, three in.
Speaker 3: The fifth round, one in the sixth round. Well with the Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Elam and the Kenneth Murray deals, it's kind of flip flopped a little bit since then. So currently on the board, then this is this is what it is at the moment. It's probably going to change at some point soon because who knows if they're done or not. But they still have twelve forty four seventy six that has not changed in the first three rounds. Then you skip the fourth round, remember that pick is gone for Jonathan Mingo. But then you've got three fifth round picks still one forty nine, one seventy one, and one seventy fourth.
Speaker 3: You go into the sixth round.
Speaker 2: You've got two picks there to four to eleven two ze fourths which you got back from the Bills in the Kyri Elam trade, and then two picks in round seven two thirty seven overall acquire from the Titans and the Kenneth.
Speaker 3: Murray deal, and then two forty seven is what you have there in the seventh.
Speaker 6: Essentially you took one of your fifth round picks, yep, moved it back to the seventh.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what essentially, so you still have all those picks.
Speaker 2: You still have the darts at the dark board ten overall selections three fifths, two six, two sevens, and that's what you've got right now. Could possibly package those to try and move up and get back into the fourth that's definitely not out of the equation as well. But Bobby, when you look up in front of the Cowboys, with all of the free agent signings and movement and whatever has happened over the last seventy two to four days or seventy two hours four days or so, what is the biggest change in front of the Cowboys that could possibly affect what's available at twelve.
Speaker 5: So the biggest thing to me in the biggest wild card to me right now, that's a little concern to me is just how much San Francisco's been eviscerated. Yeah, because San Francisco's directly in front of you, and now San Francisco is just in a position where it's like, well, we could take anything we want, and so well, I think that they're in a spot where that's just going to be that's going to give you a difficult read. Like directly in front of you. You don't know what they could be looking at, or they could be looking at best player available. So if somebody happens to be sliding that you're hoping for, san Francisco could go, well, we could use that, we could use anything. Right now, let's jump on that.
Speaker 9: I would worry about San Francisco trade now for picks san Francisco. See that San Francisco seems like a team that's selling right now, and I would worry about them all of a sudden, Like people kind of get a read on Dallas. Say, say the gent does make it down, you know, say he gets past the Raiders and the Jets, and he gets past Chicago and all that, and now you're thinking, Okay, well, there's there's a player we're focusing in on, and somebody just behind behind you is like, listen, we see what's going on. That's the that's the best player on the board, health, character, ability, boom, that's our guy, and they get ahead of Dallas. There's there's teams that have done that to Dallas a couple of times in drafts where they've had like all of a sudden the guy that was on the board for them or how it was looked, and then they and then they get traded in front. People have done a pretty good job, and I think what happens is, you know, to be honest with you, Dallas's.
Speaker 3: Draft has covered so much.
Speaker 9: These teams have kind of figured out watched the Draft show, figure out what's kind of and I'm serious, it is, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: They they're they're this team is covered so extensively in the draft.
Speaker 9: I think people in these pro departments and draft and college scouting departments get a gauge of what's going on maybe with the Cowboys, and they're able to make really good educated guesses of who they might take and and you could kind of say, hey, we got to get up ahead of that if.
Speaker 3: We want that guy.
Speaker 8: Do you think that's why two years ago, whatever it was, the whole Michael Mayer thing came out, Sure, and the Bills are like, oh, well, they're obviously looking for tight ans. Let's jump and go get Kim K. But yeah, I don't think the Cowboys were looking at kingk for it, Like, do you think that that's wild?
Speaker 9: Well, and then and then Dallas Goddard was that way too. If you remember the FLA, they Philly believed that Dallas was going to take you know, and that was just from Witting.
Speaker 5: Witten were hiring that weekend sure, because they just naturally simple, they must be going for Goddard. So we got it week But I think that.
Speaker 3: We do a really good job. And I'm not doing this palle in the back.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying we covered this team in a way that if you watch these shows, you could kind of figure out.
Speaker 3: What they need, you know.
Speaker 9: I mean you could look at your own you could watch your own tape, but like if you my point is, San Francisco is to me a very dangerous team to have in front of you the whole day because of their They're probably looking at this thing the most famous trade they ever made Bill Walsh. He took he had a very high page, just kept going back and back and back and back and just picking up picks and that was the That was the draft in the eighties that got them propelled to their Super Bowl teams. This this team has a hit if.
Speaker 5: You look at who's been active ahead of them in free agency so far and where that could potentially shift things. Caroline has been very active in the secondary. They've added a bunch of different pieces there. They just resigned JC Horn, they added Trayvon Merrick. I think there was another corner that they added in free agency, the Raiders getting Geno Smith. That has raised some questions. It seems like of people who are covering things with the Raiders that that's where Genty goes now that they just look at and say, well, we can go Genty. We're solid with Gino. Especially with the Giants, end up saying they're not comfortable with whatever they settle on in quarterback and free agency, whether that's Aaron Rodgers or somebody else, because you would imagine number one will be cam Ward, whether that's so the Titans or whoever goes up and gets him number three. At that point, you would think Giants could very easily go Shador Sanders. Of course, there's also the Dane Brugler talked about it. Dane said, coming out of Indy, he was like, there's a chance should or sitting there when you're picking at twelve.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, I want to prepare people for that conversation because it's a conversation we're gonna have to have on this show. If Shador is there at twelve, we're gonna have to have the conversation. Not gonna happen, but I just want to prepare people for the conversation.
Speaker 14: Look at him being there, him being there, or being there, him being okay, Because you look at Cleveland at two, they're hosting Russell Wilson for a visit today.
Speaker 6: The Giants looking at Aaron Rodgers really hard. Vegas went and got Geno Smith. New York Jets went and got Justin Field and seem okay with it. You go back and everyone else has got their quarterback. Yeah, so I mean it's it's Brown's.
Speaker 5: Browns also went and got Kenny Pickett too, so they've got Picket Watson their host and visits. I mean, yeah, there's there's a chance that he could fall down there unless the Giants just say we're going this direction.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I mean, one of the big things is Jacksonville. It seems like did a lot to kind of address offensive line as well, So that was kind of a thought at one point Will Campbell could go there. So if Will Campbell's not going to Jacksonville at five and then you see okay six, the Raiders maybe take somebody else. Now you're starting to talk about is their chance Will Campbell gets pushed down a little bit, and you might be in play for that, And that's a question.
Speaker 6: Watch the Texans with Will Campbell. I could see them jumping up really high.
Speaker 3: To go Laramy Tunseel you can maybe reach.
Speaker 5: I don't think Houston views Campbell as a tackle though, I think I think it would be a guard. I think Houston thinks of him as a guard.
Speaker 3: Which they just traded their guard. So that you've you've got some movement there. Now.
Speaker 2: The Sanders conversation is intriguing because remember the backup quarterback situation is still unsolved here in Dallas. You've got that connection, You've got the thought process. Oh, I mean, I'm like you said, it's a conversation that has to be had because at least when you look at the breadcrumbs of what has happened in the front office before, and Johnny Manziel is the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: They didn't make that pick, but there was somebody in the front office.
Speaker 2: That wanted to make that pick, and we just talked about it during his retirement press conference. Is Zach Martin and what it was with Johnny Manzel no chance that this that's a legitimate conversation upstairs.
Speaker 6: The fact that they did, he'd be on a rookie contract, it would not expire, or he'd be going into his fifth year after Dak Prescott's contract is already out.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense at all. I'm just preparing people.
Speaker 2: Who see it last year with Atlanta doing the same thing, they went and signed Kirk Cousins. Now, separate situation. It wasn't the homegrown talent, it wasn't the guy. That's fair, but Atlanta had.
Speaker 3: Just signed kirk Cousins to a multi million dollar.
Speaker 2: Huge contract, Like how dumb that decision is then turned around to Michael Pennix and drafted him to ten.
Speaker 5: You're also looking at because I mean, here here's the only either. Here's the only problem too is if you're looking at that, it's like, well, maybe you can have a trade down center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if Santa is on a ball, nobody's gonna come are.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly what and maybe Indy comes up for it. But like outside of that, you look behind it, it's Miami they just paid too, It's Atlanta. They've got Pennix, Arizon, Arizona. I I don't see Shador as a Pittsburgh Mike Tomlin type of player. Maybe, but I just I don't think that that's a I don't know that he would look at that and go that's.
Speaker 3: Why would I had twelve take Jackson Dart over him?
Speaker 5: Over? Yeah, you have Jackson Dard ahead of Shadore.
Speaker 9: I mean, I just, I mean I have not studied the quarterbacks extensively, but why when I keep watching old miss tape, I kind of feel nothing to kids Andrews. I kind of feel like Jackson Dart might be a better player.
Speaker 5: I mean, so it's interesting if you look at the odds, the the odds that Vegas places on your number one picks, not that any of us would take part in that, because that would go against NFL rules, but the odds that are put out there on it cam Ward is the overall favorite to be the number one pick. Then it's like Travis Hunter Rabdul Carter and so you get to the seventh best odds to go number one is Jackson Dart and it's all like they're astronomical odds. But it's because teams so valued quarterbacks and will go all right, there's a chance somebody could fall in love and so momentum builds and you could have that. So I mean, dark could be somebody that goes up. I don't I heard more and more out there while we were in Indy that it does seem like there's some teams that really like Shador Sanders and having as the number one quarterback. It sounds like there's a lot more people out there who maybe there's a random you know, executive or a random team that's like, we like Tyler schuckmore than s or we like Jackson Dart more than Shaud, or there's there's not a consistent feel about him from team to team. An evaluator to evaluate.
Speaker 4: Tyler Shuggs gonna get a GM fired.
Speaker 2: What is what is up with the hype around him right now out of Louisville, and again, quarterbacks are one of the last positions I look at to y'all might have.
Speaker 6: A better perspective than me. I think it's the testing. I think it's the combine performance. You pair that with a really damn good agent, and I think I think it's it's why Tyler Shuggs gotten a lot of love, I think.
Speaker 4: But I have Kyle McCord over this guy. Yep, I have a hold.
Speaker 6: Let me go back to my board if it would load for me, Jackson Dart shoot, I have Dylan Gabriel over this guy. I mean, I'm Quinn yours, I'm Riley Leonard.
Speaker 5: There was a I mean, I mean that Tyler Tyler Shuk.
Speaker 2: I'll stand on the table for Riley Leonard as like a Day three guy in the seventh, But I don't have him. Yeah, I mean that's where I have done right.
Speaker 3: Now, you know? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, probably?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is it another other other?
Speaker 8: Like on my board, I don't sixes and sevens or whatever. I just go to fifth round and as everybody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 5: Tyler Shuck Uh. Tyler Shuck enrolled at Oregon before the Cowboys drafted Layton vander USh, and Layton vander USh has now retired, and so that's how long ago and college.
Speaker 3: But the thing was, I thought you were about to say the Cowboys became an organiza. No no, no, no, no, no, no, shut.
Speaker 5: But I mean, he's he's going to be twenty six soon. He's an older quarterback. I think the thing with Shuck is the NFL has because he's been in college for so long. There was a time three years ago where some of these scouting agencies, uh that the NFL used their services, had looked at it. He's they they really.
Speaker 3: Liked him a few years ago, like Blessed National.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they they thought really highly of him at one point, and so I think that the league also had a high opinion of his upside at one point. He dealt with injuries, he had other things happened. So I also think that there's this kind of long standing love affair that some of the league has had with him for a while that that also might explain why it's finally coming to fruition this guy that they've they've had some eyes on for a few years.
Speaker 6: Broken collar bones, shoulder surgery, broken fibula, he's missed a ton of time during his college career.
Speaker 4: He's got the size six five two thirty and I.
Speaker 3: Think that's probably read out over like twelve seasons.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 6: It's not that bad when you take that context in. He's got the size six five two thirty. I understand the appeal. I'm just it's not for me, not my cup of tea.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a weird conversation, the shug element of it. Any other spots to highlight between one through eleven?
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, yeah, I think when we're just looking at this, that's the bigger questions right now are some of these active teams like Jacksonville and Carolina, Like how does that potentially shift things?
Speaker 3: New New England.
Speaker 5: New England has had some so New England has signed it like a baling team to me, New England. Yeah. So for a long time, the popular mock pick to New England was Ted McMillan and that kind of cooled a couple months ago, and.
Speaker 3: Then it became Graham.
Speaker 5: Graham was a really popular one. They just signed Milton Williams, right, They added Tonga, who's not a three technique, but they've added to the defensive line and so I kind of wonder do they want to keep doing that with Carter? Does uh does Mike Rabel sit there and fall in love with somebody like Jayalen Walker? You know, I'm I'm gonna be interested, see that. I know that Mike Rabel for the old school mentality, he gets hit with a lot. The the second things really turned for him in Tennessee was when they traded aj Brown and he didn't want to And so I do wonder if he would prioritize somebody like McMillan, because I can't figure out why people are falling out of love with McMillan the way that feels like Kyle Hamilton at receiver to me, where it's like people have been no like Kyle Hamilton what he was in the draft a couple of years ago, wherever you said that's a top five talent. Somehow he just kept sliding down where it's almost like people got fatigued hearing about him for so long and overthought him right that that eventually they I wonder if ted McMillan's sort of the same way. People are just starting to overthink him a little bit and and are not They're losing sight of what kind of a great player he is, which is, to me, one of the three best players in the draft.
Speaker 6: Signing Mac, how does that deter New England from going and getting a guy like Tea Mack.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't got if it was my team. I sure yeah, I sure hope they wouldn't say we got Mac Collins, we don't need Ted McMillan. But potentially, I mean they again, New England's one of these teams that they need everything. I think anybody who's clearly in a period of change, like San Francisco is or has a new staff is always a threat ahead of you. So a New Orleans is also you don't know how they're gonna go. Well, we look like we have somebody here, but our new staff doesn't like that guy, so we need somebody.
Speaker 6: It was like the Anthony Edwards quote in the playoffs last year. They got Kevin Durant, we got Josh McDaniels.
Speaker 3: All a quick.
Speaker 4: I would bring in an NBA quote at least once every show, Jade McDaniels, You'll find a way you find Josh. That's what threw me off of the right. It was on this Patriot Talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting right back into it.
Speaker 2: And remember new head coaches kind of all scattered throughout one through eleven anyway, So it's gonna be tough to tell. Just like you said, who they're gonna fall in love with what these stabs like, we've got a new head coach to deal with too. In that same kind of elements, it's tough to really see exactly what one through tel twelve is gonna look like.
Speaker 3: Bobby A question of course. So you're right, you're my You're my? What the league says guys on last Draft show?
Speaker 8: It seems that we're in different places about Josh Simmons, Right, what's the league saying now that his knee is healthy, Like is he going to be a dude that teams are looking at the possibly be like a top ten guy? Or is he still going to be in that late first conversation like he won?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think that I don't think he's top ten at all. That I haven't heard anybody from that the most. In fact, I've heard more, not just about the injury. I've just heard more split opinions on him, where some people think like, oh, that's the first round tackling some others who are just a little bit more. Now that's more like a second guy to me.
Speaker 8: I think that's so strange because I think he's the best offensive lineman his whole damn draft.
Speaker 3: And I think that's weird. Best.
Speaker 8: I think he's the best old lineman his whole damn draft. I think he's I think he's ahead of Johnson Banks. I think he's had all those guys I like, like as a left tackle.
Speaker 3: This is coming from a Tyler booker stain.
Speaker 8: I love me some Tyler book but just watching the film on on On Simmons, like how he moves, like technique. He's a run game guy, pushing people in the run game, great pass block. I mean, yeah, he got hurt, and if we're gonna use the hurt situation, right, I get it if we're using hurt, But if you get a tap on your show to say, hey, his knee is fine, I'm thinking his knee is fine as like a Will Johnson forty four us like a good boy like that should boost him in my personal opinion. Sure, And I just saw nothing but Dominanta for him this year, like last year, you know, twenty twenty three, ta you know, growing pains or whatever. He had to kind of make some adjustments or whatever. But until he but up uptil he got hurt, I'm thinking he beating the hell out of people. And I'm listening to people talk about Josh Simmons, All, yeah, he'll go in the twenties or something. Yeah, maybe a second round guy. I think Simmons is a dude.
Speaker 5: He's a classic tackle too. I think in a draft where you kind of wonder if some of these tackles are better guards, like Banks and Campbell and stuff, Simmons is like, that's a legitimate tackle. And then so anybody who wants a clean, I want to clean tackle prospect. Depending on how you feel about where he's at, then he would be the top I would imagine.
Speaker 8: I think if if he was in last year's draft, I think we'll be like, Okay, well there's all, and there's there's all.
Speaker 3: You know, there's.
Speaker 8: Um O Lou and there's these. I think he'll be like the fourth guy in the list. I think he'll be right ahead of Latham. I think he'll be right ahead of Memes. I think that highly of him. And if you can take that dude and put him in this draft where we don't have a lot of faith in the dudes in this draft. I think he'd be a slam dunk top ten fifteen type dude. But I'm just not hearing people talk about him like that. I think that's a that's a that's a little wild. I'm not gonna call it nonsense because I respect everybody, but I think that's nice. I think he has some fantastic film. I'm not going to I think I think he's a dog.
Speaker 3: Please go ahead.
Speaker 4: This is This is a very strange draft.
Speaker 6: And I know you've talked about this, Brian, about how many players are coming in, especially at the top, that are hurting not only corner position, but we're talking about tackles as well. We'll talked about a couple of running backs as well, and then we're also talking about a lot of guys where it's like check the twenty three tape. Because of twenty three tape, you see the ceiling there. This is a difficult draft to evaluate, and I think, uh, anybody that puts in the time and the effort in this draft, kudos to you. Kudos everybody on this show. This is This is gonna be a tough one. I think there's gonna be some misses in this draft in the first round for sure. And I also think there's gonna be some random hits because you see a twenty four tape and you're like, eh, but there's, you know, maybe some bright spots earlier in a guy's career that shines in the NFL. So this is an interesting class. I will Josh Simmons is a perfect example of that.
Speaker 5: One last thought on Simmons or one last opinion from und league on Simons. I do know that there's one team that thinks Grant's better, Charles Grant.
Speaker 3: William and mayor Josh Simmons. Team suck at draft.
Speaker 5: I'm not agreeing.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, he yo be, heyo be. Put the camera on me, please be, please, please be. Okay, teams suck at draft and I ain't trying to get none of it. That's gonna do it for us here on the draft. Make that a short.
Speaker 8: Put that on Twitter, please yeah, clip it, William and Mary please, Charles Grant, that's funny, doesn't even have enough class to show up to the Seni Bowl, please really? And Josh Simmons, mall and big ten talent. Charles Grand whooping the damn Towson Keys, please get please about it.
Speaker 4: He's like giving them hugs to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a little grabby at times.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just part of it, all right.
Speaker 2: For Nick Harris, for Brian broad As, Fox Lombardi, Bobby Belt, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.