Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Ah Ah, are you ready America for another Rick Burgess show? Firing in on the text Nation, letting us know that you're ready.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 1: The gang is all here, a lot to do on the program today. No Fee is ready. Mississippi ready, Greg Bonden Leatherwood said, thanks for bringing us in the roundabouts Ready, all right, here we go. Big Mike is ready, Master Sergeant Mafia Ready. Nate, He's ready in Oklahoma. Orange Beach is ready. Hello, Andy Andrews in the game. The lady at Buckie's with the Moltare camera, She's ready, Greg and Baldwin, Mississippi, Baby Speedy is ready. The Tubers are ready. I' Meridian is ready. Titusville, Pennsylvania Ready, Carbon Hill, Alabama. Everybody, let's go, and they continue to roll in. Thank you for letting us know you're with us. Vox seats will fill today another burgess ball battle. Those hard to get and sought after a vox seats will be full again today. Uh, and we look forward to to seeing all of you. Got actually a question and hey burd hey Burge about box seats today, Speedy, I don't want to get out ahead of your update. But there is a new Pope, Yes there is. And history was made yesterday. It was history was made. White smoke came out. Speedy was running, Speedy, running all through the halls here screaming, white smoke, white smoke. Update, white smoke, Why you look white? One O.
Speaker 3: The ES system was going off. It was like breaking news and and the phone.
Speaker 1: Was like notification, notification, notification, notification, notification, Yeah, notification smoked, white smoke, white smoke, and no.
Speaker 4: Hopification of pulification.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that I know is any more that makes Catholic people in our audience any more nervous than a bunch of Protestants. And now try to break this down. Yeah we want It's not our thing. It's not our thing. Greg's been doing that. If we don't know, we don't know all the ins and out. So watch us. We try to be as sensitive as we can, because you know, that's our nature. Yeah, I got a couple of ways, but Greg no, okay, but do I have this right? This is the first time in two hundred and something years that we have an American pope? Do I have that right? That is correct? Yes, that is correct. First time ever as South Side of Chicago pope. That's kind of odd about that.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, he he's been in Peru for a while. But yeah, but he was born in South Side.
Speaker 1: That means that he like he knows about suffering because he probably was a white Sox fan. Oh oh, that's why to get started burden. Yeah, that's not bad, right there. Let me ask you this, it's not bad. Did so Leo is did he take the name? You know, they need to have their name or they picked one, so he went with the fourteenth Yeah, but his real name is what uh it is? Robert Prevost? Okay, Robert doesn't sound provost? You know what have you seen? He are e v O s T pre vost Prevost?
Speaker 4: Yes, he could Provost like a provost office this whole time.
Speaker 1: Now, they they have the option of whether to take the name or not, right, Lord, Lord help us right now.
Speaker 3: Because of his stance on a lot of the social issues and stuff.
Speaker 1: He wanted the name of Leo the thirteenth because they were kind of similar. Yeah, of what he stood for, Greg, would you have pict Leo? That's cool name? Is it the coolest available? I had to run the pope name and see. But I like Leo easy to say. Are you everybody can pronounce it? I know that this is this is debatable and if everybody is upset about that, email Greg, because he's what it takes, these theological emails. I know it's I know it's debatable. But in in Catholicism, Peter is considered to be the first pope? Can you grab his name? A lot of pressure? I mean, do they do that? Is that off limits? I'm wondering, like, you may not be an option? You can't be Peter Peter. I certainly wouldn't be that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but I mean, I mean, I'm sorry, just the the respect for that that man though, did Jesus disciple of the Apostles you live up?
Speaker 4: But he's a young pope sixty sixty nine.
Speaker 1: That's young, that's young or very young? Yeah, well see I would, I would try to go younger. I know you don't wantnybody to be young and dumb, but if I was in the world of maybe in the fifties, let's get somebody in the fifties, because we keep having to replace him. You know.
Speaker 3: A lot of what I was hearing is sometimes that's a mark against you if you're too young. I didn't say too young in the fifties, though, Yeah, okay, because the one you had talked.
Speaker 1: About from Jerusalem or whatever, he would think he was in his upper fifties, and they said that's kind of the mark against him. There some of some of my Catholic contacts politically, not politically, I guess that's the wrong word, even though we be political. They wanted to go a little harder, more back to the right than Leo. They didn't think Leo was far and they think he's still a little too much like Francis he is.
Speaker 4: He's not as bad buddy, he is. He's more liberal. But people are even saying that this was a this was a liberal compromise, Like he's he's more conservative conservative than the liberals wanted, so it was a liberal compromise. I'm like, well, why do. The conservatives always have to compromise, and the when the liberals bend a little, they call it a liberal compromise.
Speaker 1: Because if if if the left, the people that are all loving and all caring, uh and all accepting, if they don't get their way, they're really mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's true. I see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're the kid that rolls around and flops and and you sometimes you have to be willing to walk off and leave him there. But too many people go over there and pick him up and give him a sucker. Yeah. Yeah, Greg, I'm off and running today. I'm out of shoot now.
Speaker 3: Leo the fourteenth he took the name of Leo the thirteenth, like we just talked about. He was an Italian pope led the church from eighteen seventy eight to nineteen o three, and he liked his stance on what he did with the church. He addressed workers' rights and capitalism, and he was he was focused on social aspects.
Speaker 1: And will we say Leo's moderate? Yeah? Will we say moderate? Yeah? Is is that? What I've heard? Is that being kind?
Speaker 3: He's not as progressive as the progressives would like, and he's not as conservatives as the conservatives would like, so he kind of lands somewhere in the Middleka.
Speaker 1: Conservative, gotcha, you got hung up.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just trying to hurry up. I'm losing your attention, got your hand on your chin, ready to attack, So I'm trying to hurry. Listen what we just looked at on video?
Speaker 1: I thought was that. Okay, you remember what we saw.
Speaker 4: So it's five in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm now, yeah, that's a great point. Don't get me started textures on that because I'm I'm I'm gonna try to stay out of pope trouble today if I can. Uh, I got my question, say what it? Well, now there's somebody just in it to me, it's logical. I've never fully understood it. But I'm not Catholic and it's none of my business. But they were saying, if the texture said, which is logical, I texted it. Well, I'm saying I know that I can look at the scriptures and agree with them because I know what they're saying is true. It seems odd that if they the Catholic Church believes that Peter was the beginning, he had a wife. M hm. So if that's the standard, why was that standard changed. There's no wife thing. God, yeah, y'all made a big mistake on that one. Yes, there I went. That was like within sixty seconds. That's not my business. I mean, that's that's y'all's business.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: He is, I think, the first pope to have an x account. That's kind of neat.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: First American and first hav an xicount. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that's why some of them say that he's been critical a little bit of the administration because of a post he or reposted.
Speaker 1: He he oh no, please see. I mean, Trump's not gonna trash him because if he said anything Trump, Trump will no no something that JD. A. Dvance did. Now, if he does say something negative about Trump, he'll hear it. But I did hear Trump, and I was a nervous wreck because, you know, when somebody asked him how he felt about having, you know, an American as the pope, and he said, it's an honor for our country. So yeah, when that question went out to him, I just said that. I started I started turning up the radio. So evident of this pope hasn't yet been critical of Trump, or he wouldn't have got that that is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just just look one thing that's not going to be popular here. I think it's his stance on immigration.
Speaker 1: The same kind of like the last one. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yet the Vatican has walls, yes, big ones.
Speaker 1: You can't a lot of security really, Vatican very very secure.
Speaker 6: Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: I see everybody's saying that we got a new pope quicker than Shador Sanders was drafted. That's true. It's four votes. Now, that's all good, that's really good. We'll be back. Well, I just talked about Blaze TV. I mean, like, for instance, our new podcast Strange Encounters. If you're a subscriber, you're gonna get that before anybody else does. But there's incredible content all over Blaze TV. And now more than ever, you need this in your arsenal because you got to be real careful right now, you've got a second Trump term. You get excited, you see some things happening that excites you. The left looks like they're a bit chaotic, but the fight is never ever over. That's why Blaze TV exists. The world is full of noise, and we need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, and fearless commentary that makes sense of the chaos. Now, Blaze TV, they built a home for some of the strongest, smartest voices in conservative and conservative conservative media. I'm not passing out. I'm good, and people tell it like it is. I mean, you know, they're not afraid to ask a tough question, and they're not afraid to do investigative journalism, something we are just sadly missing. Now, great documentaries that shed light on the deep state. And you can save yourself some money right now by subscribing and using our code.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: Just go to check out and put riic k starts at just eight dollars a month, but you can get twenty dollars off an annual plan right now by going to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. Subscribe to Blaze TV today, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand all over the world. So new Pope, and it's an American So there you go, and got that update for you, speedy. Thank you for keeping us updated on that too, man Like it was like live from the Vatican. So some other things we need to discuss today and we'll get to it a little bit later. Uh, but you know, I was on the road yesterday road, here we go. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: We won't get into let's let's push it. I'll update you before you know it. His shoulder was hurting halfway there. Yeah, and Andrew couldn't do a speech learned. I did not expect to go to our home county of Calhoun County, which I've heard reference many times here, Uh, even in the Bible study when I'm going to break something down, what do I say? Now, let me go Calhoun County here and try to break this down for you. But it is a it's a place, you know that. Really when you look at Calhoun County, Alabama, You've got Greg, You've got Me, You've got Bubba all raised there, you've got Speedy went to college there, stayed there, a lot on the playhouse. That's that's where the playhouse was going. So so there's a lot there. One thing I did not expect me put it on, that did not expect list is that I would spend a pretty good portion of my time at the actual event talking about bison farming. Okay, didn't see that coming. That's my bison farming. You're buffalo. Didn't see that coming. I couldn't of all the things. If you'd have told me that, I would be discussing and and you learn anything I did. I learned a lot. It's a weird looking at animal. It is. Didn't know. We didn't know we farmed bison. And there's there's a few. There was one there. They were there, but it's a small business. Uh. And they've been doing bison for a long time. We're talking about bison.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to ask, so y'all have made bison work. And they're like, oh yeah, big fans of the show, thank you, all right, you know, and they I want to go look at the bison. Do you know that one time all the bison got out and he said, I didn't know what I was going to be able to do to get them back in. And they were roaming all over Cavin County, come through the woods and deer say, well, he said he heard us back in the Rick and Bubba days. He said, my bison were out, oh boy. And I heard y'all do a story that someone had killed a buffalo in Georgia with the bow and I was like, oh about pulling back and actually letting it go. And he said, he said, when I showed up. I expected to see four wheelers, camo hunters everywhere out there trying to take out the buffalo. And he said, and we almost got to the point that I called for that. It was a wow. Didn't story well, but it was. It was I tell you this. We know about the Yellowstone Bison, how it'll do when you try to take your picture beside, I don't know if the Alabama Bison act that way. Now do you know that they just had a new calf born? How about that? I bet I know that his name was Billy. Held the line up a little Billy, you know? Boson talked, it's not short. Okay, Well, there's a lot of follow up questions. There's a lot to cut back O going. Yeah, I got into a bison debate with Terry.
Speaker 3: Really there's two bikes and as you're going into Nashville over to the right, they've been there forever.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got them. I don't know. And when we went.
Speaker 3: Up, when jac went up to Nashville here recently to play, we passed them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, look at that. She claimed, Oh they you didn't know that they just that's probably news that that's not bison. And I'm like it is bison there forever. They've been here forever. They used to believe me. On my way home, I used to pass and they even put up this big nice fence, you know, there's reinforced, and I would see them. And then now I don't see them anymore. I don't know if they got them on a different part of the past year. And I just can't see them where I go by. But I used to wave to the bison every day. This is not the bison farmer because that location wouldn't be right. This is Bison Farmer's been going for twenty plus years now. And I even said, how many? How many? How many people want buy some even Ted Turner's restaurants, do they it's Ted Turner's lation that was close to us. It's not there. Yeah, there's one in them.
Speaker 4: It's a big old head.
Speaker 1: You get sat faced animal there that gracious did you know that it's a husband and a wife?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: That he he was in the shoulder brace to that open that opened up shoulder talk. Now it was actually he said, I picked up a big old round what would you call a roll of fence? Oh, I think I'd go with attacked by bison because it's a better story. Can we call him buffalo? I know what?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: That's not the same thing?
Speaker 1: Why are we buffalo? Why not? I know that's the thing. Why not? I kept saying buffalo.
Speaker 4: The buffalo is like in town Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say buffalo, and every time that's the different one. Every time I would say buffalo, he would revert me back to buy. I have to look it up. People, are we call him buffalo? We called him buffalo is growing up?
Speaker 4: That's because it's the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: So that's saying saying that's that's wrong. Than Why does Buffalo Wild Wings have a bison in their commercial?
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go, that's you're right speed, but it's not. It's not what it is.
Speaker 1: So what is a buffalo?
Speaker 4: Every picture of a buffalo?
Speaker 1: I can find you talking about the cape buffalo. Look, that's different. I know, it looks like he's got his hair party.
Speaker 4: But then even even if I go yeah, even if I go yeah, it looks like they have their hair party. Even if I go here, there's your buffalo, there's your bison. Everything that we're thinking of, especially the Buffalo wild Wings. Look, that is a bison.
Speaker 1: That's why he kept correcting me. You know, he kept he almost he stopped shots, saying, you idiot, I don't I don't farm cape buffalo, which is one of the most dangerous animals on the planet.
Speaker 4: The hippos and buffalo cape buffalo's they've got good pr because they kill a lot of people.
Speaker 1: They don't fall down. That's the question. Are buffalo and bison the same thing, though the terms are often Interchangeabley's arms crushing. Buffalo and bison are distinct animals old world true buffalo, cape buffalo water buffalo are native of Africa and Asia. Bison are found in North America, and you're on it. If bison and buffalo are in the he never once called but the two are not closely related. So I can't say buffalo. I've said buffalo my whole lot.
Speaker 4: I know it's not buffalo. And it's like we even have like where the buffalo roam all that.
Speaker 1: We've always had. If you've got a mascots that are buffaloes and bisons, Colorado Sudorf Sanders ran behind a bison, they're the Colorado buffalo, Bisons, the buffalo them. I don't get it. I don't know are they? What is that not the bison? So really buffalo wild wings should be called should be called bison. They run a bison out on.
Speaker 4: The field, Yes, they run a bison out on the field while claiming to be the Colorado buffalo.
Speaker 1: We've got real problems here, guys. This is we We made a big mistake and it is going to uncorrect. We're staying with buffalo. We now know that bison. Know how it feels to be an Indian because the Indian people got Missna Indians and it's stuck and they couldn't get it off of it.
Speaker 4: It's an Indian.
Speaker 1: I think we can say both. I mean English thing it says American English. Both buffalo and bison are considered correct terms for the American bison boom. However, boom. In British English, the word buffalo is reserved to the African buffalo. And in Britain just tell.
Speaker 4: You, guys, every buffalo I find a picture of it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Just Greg read that one where he says both are acceptable, Both are accepted by the way text nations changeable.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to sound all up at you, but you know, my people we called them tantanka. Oh oh good knock.
Speaker 4: Them he said two different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. He is the Rick Burgess Show this weekend. Uh, here's how it works this weekend. This weekend, there'll be another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. Another episode on the new podcast Wherever You Get Podcasts will come out over the weekend. Also over the weekend episode one of a brand new podcast. We'll talk about it maybe a little later in the program, Strange Encounters. This is a podcast that is going to really dive in and unpack spiritual warfare. What does what? There is a supernatural you know world? But is it Bigfoot? Is it space Aliens? Is it ghost? Is my mem all come back? Or or is it something much deeper in the Bible gives us clarity on that? So we start episode one. Wherever you Get Podcasts will drop this weekend. Adler and I knocked that out yesterday and we'll have ongoing episodes also this weekend. If you're in the Birmingham area, are you're coming to town to watch the Birmingham Stallions, you can celebrate Mother's Day with Calvin Speedy Wilburn in the Birmingham Stallions on Sunday at Protective Live Stadium in the Land of one o four to seven w ZZK. So that's stuff going on this weekend that you can be part of involving the show, either on location or in the podcast world. Of course, there's always a daily podcast of this show, always available five days a week, the entire show on the Rick Burgess Show podcast channel. All Right, So next week, Tuesday the thirteenth, that's the day that Men Don't Run in the Rain. The book will be available everywhere. Not sure about the audio versions if they'll be available that day or they'll start coming out as the days go forward, but it will be available, including there'll be an option to get a signed copy for Father's Day, Okay, so our just have a signed copy if you want it. But so that'll all be happening on Tuesday. Next Wednesday the fourteenth, we're on the road and we're live from the region and celebrity program so it's it's active, active act. There's so much going on, uh so just to keep keep keep an eye on that. Uh And then also next week there's some things going on with the Manchurch dot Com. Andy Blanks will be in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'll be in Prattville, Alabama. You can check all those there too. And you know the next ten days, folks, I know, and then even the after regions. I mean, you'll be on Glenn back next week? Am I on back next week?
Speaker 8: What day?
Speaker 1: Am I on? Next Friday? Next Friday, I'm on Glenn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you've got interviews to set.
Speaker 1: Up on Thursday next week for the for the new book. So we've got it's busy. Yeah, you're gonna see the book tour involved. We'll be, we'll be. We're doing a lot. Yep, it's a lot. Deep breath, it's a lot. Okay, that's so funny. This is one of those days where you think to yourself, I didn't think I could live long enough to see something so wonderful. Pop Tarts. Oh boy, moment of silence for pop Tarts. Oh my goodness, so pop Tarts had a moment of silence. Greg. You didn't give them. You walked all over my mama Solace and popped over the brief pop Tarts introducing new treats. Now hold on. Sometimes bad, I know, But when I first looked at that, I had your attitude. I was like, pop tarts are fine. I don't anything new with pop tarts. Yeah, I'm good with pop tarts. I don't know anything added. Matter of fact, the simpler the pop tart, the more I like it. Yeah, okay, the weirder the pop tart, the weirder the pop tart, I'm less likely. I'm wild berry, Yeah, wilder. My grand kids love wild berry. But just doesn't look right. All right, we do have a couple of new flavors coming. They're gonna add some frosted sugar cookie, frosted caramel or caramel, coca nut, and frosted thin men. What there we go? I'm out, but I'd rather have wild berry. But but here, here's what's happening. This is beyond all of that, Greg, Carol, are you ready for what's coming next? We've done all that, We've even I think they've even dabbled in cereal. But what's next? I just I was afraid to dream this because I thought I'd be dreaming too big. You don't want to you don't want to out dream possibilities. Pop Tarts now introducing new ice cream lineup. Stay with me, okay, Oh, we'll be in the different part of the store. It is a pop Tart ice cream sandwich ice cream, so we're putting that I like you and you got ice cream between the two. Yeah, I like that. Guys, we might like to try it is an ice cream sandwich and the cookie on each side is a pop Tart. If from behind your back you pulled one of these out and presented to your grandkids. Greg A mass look what papa brought you? A mask?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what you could tell a little pace to learn how to ask for one and sign language. That's right, So show me that again. Gosh, that's funny. All right. So let's like painters. So he does pintures when he does sign language. But when he said that, you asked him what he was signing, and he said, my mom said I could have another. Pop said, yeah, that's what that meant. That's so good. So so I'm with you. Greg. I think what you just said is what is the question? What took you so long? Yeah? I mean this, this should have happened years ago. What took you so long? Pop Tarte? I mean you you you basically have had the tarts, all you needed was the ice cream in the middle. How long did this stake, And it looks like whatever the flavor of the tart is is also in the ice.
Speaker 4: Cream carress, chocolate, and then they got strawberry from what I could find, and vanilla.
Speaker 1: They also are gonna have pop tart new ice cream pints. Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 4: That's cinnamon, not vanilla. That's brown sugar, cinnamon cinnamon.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of an issue here. Here's what I'd like to see. If you're gonna do these ice cream sandwiches that right there, look at that. Stay with me. It wouldn't It wouldn't bother me for the ice cream in the middle of those two fudguents to be vanilla.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: It can be chocolate overload, I can, by the way, can it can? Yeah? But on was done correctly, and that looks like it's done correctly. Yeah. What I considered the best pop tart is the chocolate chip pop Tart. They're heated up. It's not heat it up for ten seconds. That if I could get that with vanilla ice cream on the ins, that would be great. Oh my goodness, I'd be great with that. Of everything I see in this new pop Tart, announcement. Nothing is thrilling me like the pop tart ice cream sandwich. Even when they say we're gonna do pints of just ice cream. We've seen that dumb with a little Debby cakes, you know. But let me tell you. I go to the freezer. Have you seen the packaging? It just makes me want to go get one right now. It's not pop pop tart flavored. It's a pop tart. These are pop tarts with ice cream in between them. Picture the ice cream sandwich out there, America, and just picture the the the dark part of an ice cream sandwich is a flavored pop tart. There's three different flavors and ice cream inside. Good.
Speaker 3: What if you were checking out at the register, Rick and Blake Prime and RFK Junior walked by and saw you getting it.
Speaker 1: I would say I was getting it for Greg's grandkids. Yeah, because they love it. It's a I didn't think I'd live long enough for this. I again can't see the forest for the trees. We should have done this years ago, years ago. WHATOK, you so long? What took you so long? Oh hmmm mm hmm. Don't stick it in a toaster, sir, No, that's just that the toasting's out on the sand much Now you know what? What about making your own? You do the warm you do the pop tart, bring it out of the toaster, and you put ice cream in between. Eight say we can't make our own? Certainly could my dream could come true? Top of the hour. Okay, So Mother's day's coming up, it's here you're thinking, last what have I got to do? No need to panic? Okay, flowers, last minute Amazon panic by none of that. Why don't you give your wife something that will actually feed her soul and she'll thank you for that. It's a ticket to an event called Share the Arrows with Blaze Media's on Ali Beth Stuckey. It'll be an Allen, Texas and it's coming up on April the eleventh. And then, I mean it's going to be a fantastic lineup, okay, And you can find all the details by going to Share the Arrows dot com. Share the Arrows dot com an incredible event for women. And you know you don't have to wait on somebody shipping something to her. You don't have to wrap anything. You have instant peace of mind knowing that you got her something meaningful. Get the tickets print them out, let her see them. Something that will speak to her heart and strengthen her walk with Christ. And it will be something that'll show her how much that she really means to you, something that will really feed her soap. So tickets are going to go fast, So go right now to share the Arrows dot com. Share the Arrows dot com because something like this really says I appreciate you. You're giving her a weekend filled with worship and community. So the gang's all here, We're with you and Speedy. You had a question to start the hour.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm gonna take you back to nineteen eighty four and then I'm a bro.
Speaker 1: I love to go back. I'm gonna bring it to current. Okay, I'd love to go back to you.
Speaker 3: I would like to know for the three of you, because you know y'all break down music all the time, your artists style of music, what's good?
Speaker 1: Bad thing?
Speaker 3: How were you not necessarily on I know y'all like y'all like Prince because I've heard you talk about it.
Speaker 1: I don't respect some prince. Yeah, some prince. How are you about the movie? The movie first one Prince nineteen eighty four. It was Purple Rain, Pretty Purple Rain. How were y'all a horrible But let's not well, I didn't ask you about that. I asked you about it had good music in it, and yeah, I liked it. I will save some corny parts, but it had the music was excellent because of the music and the plight of him and the band and marsh Day and the time being in it and all of that. Yes, I didn't I did enjoy that that movie. If for some of you, you don't know Prince as a kid in Minneapolis and and he's got a tough family life and all this kind of stuff. And he a musician, that's right, and he hit music kind of brought him out of that, and it kind of downtown they all play, yeah, details all of that.
Speaker 3: But at the time he was listening to this the only artist and the first one to ever have a top movie okay, an album and a single all at the top of the charts at the same time.
Speaker 1: So the movie did well, Oh yeah, yeah, it did. It really did. And to bring it current apparently, and I didn't know this, they're about to have Princess Purple Rain the musical. Oh oh, I know it is.
Speaker 3: It is going to debut a world premiere pre Broadway musical. It's gonna be later this year, I think October sixteenth through November sixteenth at the State Theater there in Minneapolis, and tickets are going on sale, and so that's it's a story that's out now.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why I even brought it up.
Speaker 3: And I know how y'all are on musicals and Rick and I know you enjoy them at some some but could we tamper with something here visually?
Speaker 1: When you're, of course, as a movie involve so you can make it musical, I guess based on the movie. A lot of times they just do musicals based on the artist's correct, you know music, and that's kind of weird. There's one with Billy Joel I think, yes there is, and almost in the same thing. I just read an article this morning. There's one coming out about Foreigner and to kick it off, they're doing a concert with Lou grohnd back at lead vocal. Wait, well, no, who's doing a musical on Foreigners? I just read it earlier. Okay, But so you're saying will we go see this? Well, just how does it make you feel?
Speaker 3: Because I mean a purple Rain without Prince, I can't even imagine. Yeah, I can't even imagine that. And the casting would be extremely important. I guess they've done all that. They'll find a little Prince character.
Speaker 4: I did not know about graffiti graffiti Bridge.
Speaker 1: That's terrible. Don't bring that purple to graffiti Bridge. See, I didn't even to bring that up. And that's the first thing Greg says.
Speaker 4: How do you want to die? You better give me my money?
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, I'm gonna go on a limb here. They're probably not going to do a Broadway musical about that one. No, And there was another movie he tried to do that anything. It was weird. Yeah, he was a weird dude, it was.
Speaker 4: But well, we didn't have any real scandals as far as you know, with women or what even with boys or anything.
Speaker 1: What thank you? And statement is that like a Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying any names or anything.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, right, how about this this? Like this week it Purple Rain has jumped back to number one on the music charts in the UK. Because of that, there's been a new mix of the album that's been released. Prince's family right, right, and so the super fans of Prints like it, and then it's also brought in a new generation.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I thought that run Yeah he was. He was good album. All at the same time there were number one on the charts. The other weird movie was something about the moon, some kind of moon, really, Paisley Moon or something Paisley I don't remembering. It seems like it was about the moon. I don't know. Yeah, that could be wrong. Someone making the point on text Nation isn't the movie a musical? But it really kind of well, there's a lot of live performance, but they didn't it's not a music because they don't they're not having a conversations something that they're breaking from under the cherry Moon Under the cher is what a dumb movie. The revelations not back in the green room and all a sudden they go, it's just it's just I will prince, I'm saying something mean about your daddy. A lot of the more mean meaning by it. It was, you know, a lot of it was music, but it was it was then performing right correct, just showing a part of it. They did show the whole song. Someone asking, is there any hope that my oldest son would play prints way? Too tall, way too tall, and has Johnny Cash, but not ye Johnny Cash. If it's Princes, is gonna be tough to get Blake in that rope. Wait a minute to see how how how big was he was a little guy, Wasn't you know he was shorter Adler? Addler is prince? Oh oh, we called that was not bad. I remember we called that a little sweet for a while.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like little Sweet. I do resemble. I do resemble little Sweet every time. Sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh so, No, I don't really have any interest in that. Well, because I'm about the foreigner one. Well, how do you how do you do music? About their music? What they're gonna do about Dirty White Boy, How they're going to recover it? Do you remember when Springsteen he was five to Adler, five to no way he was, Yeah, he was. Lisa's five too, well, and Sherry's like five one maybe five. He claims five, the same thing. They'll always claim one. They're not five. Good gracious, yeah. Can you believe he passed way in twenty sixteen? It's been I remember us reporting at fifty seven. All right, so I have too You look down at him, great, I'd be like, hey, shrimp, let's tell his hair added about this. Let's tell everybody out there, everybody out there, we always forget because we're old and we're different. Be careful with the Purple ringmovie. Okay, you're right less When he gets upset and he gets and he feels a little jilted, Jill died. What is it called when someone does something wrong you feel? Is it jilted? I got the word.
Speaker 4: I think that's a word.
Speaker 1: I like it. Whatever it is, let's stay with it. You feel like somebody's done you wrong. He gets real angry and sings darling Nikki, oh he does, oh, and you don't. And he wants to show her totally forgot about that. You don't want to see that. I knew that, and I don't want to see it on the stage. And maybe they'll skip that. So if you're, if you're, if you hear that, if you look and he's up there and he's got he's got that. We then he bring out like a band down and put some of overs half his When he gets out, just look out. He's upset. Yeah, And and he's gonna make her feel uncomfortable, and he's gonna make you feel uncomfortable in the process. To me, the best person in the movie was March Day. Of course, his character was was awesome and like I said, way over the line what he said about his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course we brought this up in the pass, but Prince was the first one to kind of go against the man and said he was I don't like my record deal.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm going to the artist and I'm going to an emblem or what out of the back of my truck. He was also strange, way ahead of his time on trying to get a handle on streaming and come up with his own place to get his music, and he was he was trying to figure the streaming thing out, way way out ahead of it.
Speaker 3: Well, world premiere of the pre Broadway musical Purple Rain debuting later this year in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: And we forgot who did the Batman song? Yeah, bat dance or something we did. Well, we'll be back more of The Rick Burgess Show continuing right after this. Before the show, I haven't seen it yet, but Fox News contributor Cameron Kinzie, unfortunately she was on a panel last night. She's a Fox News panelist and she previously served in the Trumpetministration was that back in his first term, the first time he was president, or when it wasn't because she hasn't been president very long, but anyway, it would have to be. Yeah, she is. She's being interviewed by Jonathan Hunt, poor Jonathan, and all of a sudden she passes out. Now there that think this here that there big that big.
Speaker 3: Counter, all right, And if you're looking, he's to the right, she's to the left, and she is in the middle of breaking some stuff down and suddenly the last eight seconds of her speaking, you can tell she's losing her train of thought or whatever, and she just falls over to the left and it gets the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh no, HiT's the floor.
Speaker 3: And the camera goes straight to him, and now you can see you can tell too. A cameraman or a director comes running in to help her, and he doesn't know what to do, so he tries to stay professional, like, okay, let's go to another another guest, and then he says, no, no, we just need to go to break right. And so just so for those that can't see, that's kind of what's happening here. But this shot, it starts with her speaking on Fox News.
Speaker 4: And she's gonna get in trouble real fast here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ideology or it's it's not about uh oh no.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. We're just gonna get some help in a camera.
Speaker 1: Let me come back to Lydia while we get some help for camera in here.
Speaker 9: So, uh god, Lydia the president, we're gonna actually we're gonna go to a.
Speaker 1: Break right here, will be right back.
Speaker 3: And so when he's looking down, you got to realize there's a producer or director in his ear and and they're telling him what to do. And so that's when he was looking down, kind of pausing a little bit going on right, well, okay, oh, we're going to break okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It was he tried to keep reporting on the story. But yeah, yeah, well, I'll say it was wrong with her. They haven't said I looked at the story. There's no update. She's she got help, and but it doesn't really tell us she just fell asleep, yes, says uh they got some help for her, uh, and and they don't tell us what's wrong.
Speaker 4: I found a clip that has more of her lead up, and it's even it's a little more weird because you kind of hear that she kind of had it together until.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking saying too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm spinning here.
Speaker 1: Sorry. They did say they did say that while the paramedics were pretended to her, she was moving.
Speaker 9: Okay, sports, So this is what they have to do.
Speaker 2: They have to rewrite history because they had a failed campaign, they had a failed presidency.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They put her as the borders are. She never went to the border. So this is about incompetency. It's not about ideology.
Speaker 4: It were it's it's not about she's getting hit.
Speaker 1: Wow, and that's it.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, we got We're just gonna get some help.
Speaker 1: Help. Let me come back to.
Speaker 9: Lydia while we get some help for Cameron here.
Speaker 8: So uh, Lydia the president, We're gonna actually we're gonna go to a break right here.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. It really good idea. I don't know about if you and Lydia should be discussing something of the girl's.
Speaker 4: Pology, Cameron's laying on the ground, Lydia shouldn't be speaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do y'all think do you think that the anchor should have got up run over there?
Speaker 3: Well you can see, well this is coming from somebody that that did run over and help help Ryan while y'all looked at him.
Speaker 1: Well, but by fairness, I had I was on those side of the console. We went above and beyond the college, so was I. I would have over, but but I I was about to defend y'all.
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: But y'all were on air, right, and and someone that wasn't on air did go to attend to him. Now, I probably shouldn't have done what I did, But looking back at it, you know how you look at the replay, Oh wow, get two feet down. But he you could tell someone was quickly off camera going to her aid. You could see a guy running in. So I don't know what he could have done. He was just trying to hold it together and go to break or something somebody somebody, somebody was obviously tending.
Speaker 1: To He's trying to listen in his ear, and he didn't know what to do. Then finally it's like, hey, let's go to a commercial break. Yeah, guy, it's low blood sugar something and something like that. Yeah, take a bump. You think Speedy wouldn't run over, Oh, he'd have called her for she hit the ground. He would have sooner or moved on. She was speaking about Kamala Harrison bad and Biden tried to claim she was a good can Greg Speedy has helped so many people that we actually were celebrating that National Nurse Day and Speedy was celebrated. He was did you see I printed all that? I saw you printed? You printed? Of course you could get free food. Well, I was just going to help the nurses. Yes, they were doing like free things, nurses will nurses thank you for Nurses Week. And I think Speedy was trying to horn in on it, and well, you know, I've done a lot of work. Yeah, you might want to thank me. You know, I know we have we have nurses in the family, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, is that why you put it out there? And the same for me. I mean, Maybury's a nurse that's got daughter in law nurses.
Speaker 3: So I was just, you know, I was just like looking out for the nurses about some specials and some freebies.
Speaker 1: I would love to think that you. I would love to think you printed that story because of the word nurse jumped out at you. But I know what word jumped out at you. Free stuff stuff. There's free things if you're associated with nurses, Greg, what any world that ain't me? That's all y'all X and stuff. Yeah, but we do hope to anchor don't remember them, she used, Yeah, it looks like it is a former Trump administration official. Yes, we talked to White. Yeah, it looked like to me. You know, it's what is it called when people be sure gets wrong they passed out hypoglyssm, Yeah, hypoglossum something like that could be that. But but you sure would like to see an update. Yeah, I mean, considering she just went completely out.
Speaker 4: She hasn't posted her on any social media since then.
Speaker 1: She's only twenty four. Well, I mean that doesn't mean she can't have hypoga.
Speaker 3: I'm you're saying. So she's very young, and so it has to be something that she deals with from time to time. I would think, well, and then you know.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this too, I know that if certain people just fall asleep, not like asleep, maybe what it is not narkiles that that's sleep difference.
Speaker 4: I'm very sleeping people.
Speaker 1: Do they just fall out? He doesn't, He doesn't.
Speaker 4: Hey, hyper glycemia too high bloodsh her hypogue glycemia too low blood.
Speaker 3: Maybe she hadn't eaten or something. And you know, Greg probably on some fad dit. Yeah, yeah, let's let's get some things out of the way. You don't think it's fake, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know that because what would be the end result? Well, let me think about that. How would she benefit by fake or it wouldn't fake? I know what some on social media talking about it. Nobody's ever seen something like saying the anchor should have called her. You know, he couldn't get over it. I know he could. He may have been the one that called her to pass out.
Speaker 4: He was not helpful, He wasn't very I think he was.
Speaker 1: I think he was surprised and shocked because he didn't know. He didn't. No, I don't think she faked, unless she's just trying to get publistic. Okay, well you know what I'm saying. He's wanted to get get his take on it.
Speaker 4: She just felt like, I mean, like a tree, like a like a tree. It was just like a tree.
Speaker 1: Ryan Greenwood fell real hard that day. That's what we were talking about. I mean, he hit the ground hard, she hit the the fact she closed her eyes when she fell. Some people think it's fake. This is the Rick Burgess Show went back home yesterday, back to Big Old They don't do anything but listen to him. Right back to the big old went to Calhoun County. First of all, let's get the first thing out of the way. Greg of course, believes that he should tell everybody how to travel in our home county, those who around the country. Calhoun County, it's nestled almost at the halfway point on I twenty, Interstate twenty, between Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama. It's almost halfway. Yeah, a little closer to Birmingham than Atlanta, but close enough. But near Atlanta, near Birmingham, near perfect. And it's if any of you have ever traveled from either one of those cities on I twenty, or you were traveling and it took you that way, it's where you stop went to the bathroom. And so we, yep, we built our hometown on human waste. But so Calhoun County. This is the Chamber of Commerce of Calhoun County. So it's the entire county, not just Oxford. And the event was actually held in Aniston, which is about three miles north of Oxford. So we and it was in a place where I remember taking the you know, the kids when they were much younger and out there at the Museum of Natural History, the guard part and a very nice area. Very nice out there. Do you know that it's even a Smithsonian affiliate. Didn't know that there's a lot going on out there. But anyway, the event was as follows. It was the Small Business Awards of all the businesses that are Chamber members. Let's get here in Calhoun County. As we were driving over, my beautiful bride travel with me because she Sherry. When we got married, she was a newsperson in radio, which is how we met, even on the early days of the show, even before it was the Rick and Bubba Show, when it was the morning at Stravaganzam and into the Rick and Bubba Show newsperson there. She then was a news anchor and reporter for what is James Spen's affiliate now, but at the time it was just the forty side of thirty three forty there. And then she went from that job to being working at the Chamber of Commerce. She wanted something after we were married and wanted to start having a family that had a little more structured as far as hours and things like that. And she actually worked on this same chamber and some of the people she worked with were still there, so it was coming like a little homecoming for Sherry. But you know, the question on everybody's mind, and I know Sherry's mind, is, since we're going to be in your home county, near your hometown, please take me on tour of your prowess seventy five. I want to know that. She said please. Well I could tell she was a little bit giddy. But no matter what time this ends, please I'd like to go see the stadium. I'd like to go to the Buffalo wall Wings location and see the Jersey. Uh. And I said, honey, if we have time, and she goes, well, please, let's make time. Or at least that's how I interpreted. She did say, yeah, she didn't say those exactly what. She didn't say those exact words, so it was a beautiful Now. One thing she asked me on the way over there, which was a legitimate question, She said, what are you going to say to small businesses? You know you you do speaking and so I don't recall you ever. What are you going to say? I said, well, well we are you know, Big Box Entertainment is a small business Rick and bubb Incorporated small business, and I said, so small business owner, and I understand the plight of the small small business person and I'm supposed to encourage them. And by the way, I did not know and I've never understood this, and I learned it last night because Sherry, you know, is an English major, which makes life with me tough when I when somebody says, you'll also give the invocation, when do you think that is? Is there is thereat? Kick it off? Are y'all eating? Yeah, there's a meal. He's a meal, So I would think before the meal, well, even before that, if it's not a meal invo before the ceremony. Yeah, I thought. I thought that the blessing would be called the blessing? Would you give thanks? Would you say a blessed? Different? And they said, would you do the invocation? Well, when that never happened, there was a salad on the table. Because I've been to things where they say go ahead and start eating, but we'll still say the blessing here in a minute because we won't stay on time. Okay, so there's a little controversial. Sure, said, what do you do in eating your salad? I said, what, there's there's the dressings on the table. We have salads and she goes, well, you know what, no one, aren't you saying the blessing? I said, now I'm saying the invocation. She goes, that is going to be it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, I think the vacations. At the end, she goes, you know what the word invoke means? Do you know what the word of vote me? And I was like again, she was with you, right, And so I had a little bit of salad and then then I got up and gave thanks. And so so I'm criton say you missed the mark on that. Let me tell you what was great though, what I dodged in the beginning. It was a fifteen minute speech, which to us, I mean we a segment is that long? Okay? And then you have to and then give out the Small Business awards. And I was really sweating be there because you get into names, you don't know where's the script, and you talk about a feeling of elation. Right before we were about to leave, the chamber informed me chamber members are going to do the awards and I said, so all I got to do is the fifteen minutes and pray, and they said yes, I couldn't have been that you talk about relief, you got said and enjoy so so anyway, and you know, and it's great to go home. So we we go there. It was great. Sure you had a little reunion. You know how women are. They haven't seen each other a long time. They all get giddy and you know, and they talk about this, and everybody's cute and what do you have on? And oh look at you, and you know, and the husband's you know, we're all kind of like, hey, how's it going? You know while we go suit on? And went with a suit, did you well, if you're going to speak and that now I had a time, Oh full blown? You a lawyer? And so the event started at Sports College at four point thirty. The event started at four thirty, rixon a suit at four thirty, right where I messed up to let's say eight on your schedule, I was supposed to. I was supposed to be there at they said it was it would be suitable to be there at four. Well, you know me, I'm you're there three. There's an issue with Calhoun County. A lot of people think those of us from Oxford think that we that everything. The only thing in Calviun County is Oxford. They think, we think they've heard that. Well, we're club to that, and we are. We we go out to the car and it's three and sure. He says, so what time are you supposed to be there? And I said four? And she said you didn't low enough time and I said, it's only an hour. She said to Oxford. This is not in Oxford. This is north of Oxford. You got to tack on another fifteen minutes to get up to where we're going to get there, and lesson I are, that's two rights for sure. Yeah, And so so she got on the phone and called and said, well, it looks like more four fifteen. My husband thought this was in Oxford, but they didn't care it was. We discussed it. It was fine. Yeah, yeah, did a roundabout come to play? Now? I just simply put in the address greg keeper of all County Roads. I put into the ways is what I used slave to that. I put it into ways and it's said to take the one eighty five. I took the one eighty five exit, and I just went on through Oxford on account for the traffic. Great, yeah, of course it does it. That's what that's how the technology work. So you won't let it tell you what to do. Fine, well I didn't. You would have had me off on some county road if you were going straight two o two would be quicker? No, yes, it would no, not according not So you know more than did you do?
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 1: I absolutely do. You just wanted me to have to deal with that roundabout now that's in buying them. I remember I backed off by them. I need to know a few more things.
Speaker 3: Did you have an old buddy come up to you that you had to like, whoa upaupa?
Speaker 1: I need to know that. Okay, we'll hit all that and then where you ate. Now, Okay, I've upset all my Baptists, brothers and sisters. And they said, Rick Berger said, Baptist, it doesn't know the difference between invocation and benediction. Well, I got them confused. I couldn't remember which one was with. Sherry said, well, maybe the root word should help you. I said, baby, when you said things like that to people like me, it means nothing. Yeah. So so anyway, we get that done. And I can tell that Sherry while we're there, she's she's anxious about going to see the jersey and uh and she's now, when is this. We're sure. She was giddy. Do we have time? Do you have time to go over to the stadium and see everything? And I want to see that jersey and so we we were just you know, we were trying. Everything went great and I didn't see anybody. To your question, most of it worked positive for me. I didn't have any people the people that I would have feared. You think they're in the chamber. Okay, So and they all come to a chamber event to see the Small Business Award. It was good to see some people. One of my former teachers, Charlotte Hubbard. Yes, Hubbard's restaurant on Maine, which remember a lot of us ate there when we had the men's conference over at the Performing Arts Center. Uh funny, but anyway, they are working on that test nation. But anyway, her Hubbard's won like the Sustaining Business Award. They've been they went through COVID thirteen years and saw, uh, missus Hubbard. You got to got a little emotional and didn't you. You don't have to say that, well, no, I thought that showing how hard these small business people work. Man, they work. Yeah, okay, So into your message might have been, I thought my message was somewhat inspiring. Uh, and so I didn't get too squalling greg. So, so I wish two things that happened, and they actually worked to my advantage speedy and and and Sherry gave me the okay. So, first of all, youngster Keith comes over. Uh, he said, uh, and he got a little giddy, and he's a grown man now. And he says, gosh, I remember when I was in sixth grade, just waiting to pat on your shoulder pads when you walked out the dressing room. He said, you'd look at me man and looking and Coca Cola commercial and looking. I looked, I looked at showing, looked. I looked at Sherry, and I said, young man, still emotional, and she was like, hey kid, catch, hey kid, catch, here's O seventy five for you. So so of course it was you know, I mean you could tell us a grown man. He still couldn't forget it, and uh yeah. And then I'm listening and then the other which is great, they're out there people saw me. Yeah. I went to I went to high school with Rick. I graduated with Rick. Oh yeah, so who's who came up? What in the world he getting whoso most athletic fucking then sure, he goes, boy, I have just walked into this. I said, baby, just keep asking. Let me just give you a moment to talk to everybody who you didn't get to see it. You never saw seventy five. These people did save seventy five's home. Let me just sit back and you just talk to people, and I'll just let you take it in and let you once against think thinking today, how about this I'm married those seventy five Well, I bet that was a three show. So when we finished up, and you know, I could tell people wanted me to sign some stuff and you know, and take some pictures. Saw them a little disappointed that I didn't have a jersey, and so they had just had a picture of Mania with yep and the Warren broke in it. So well, if I thought it would have been appropriate all stretched across you, that'll probably be when I, you know, speak to this year's team banquet. But anyway, so we go, we start going home, and Sherry keeps asking do we have time to go see the jersey? And I said, well, honey, it's up to you. I'd like to be home, you know, And we did have dinner there so that we didn't need a meal. And I said, baby, as weally don't need to go buy Buffalo Wild Wings in Oxford because we've already eaten. Please take me And I said, all right, So so so now this gets traffic. Yeah, well it's a different world over there. And this is text Nations up. I'm gonna get serry on the fund. Text Nation is saying, hey, I'm coming to play at Chocolocka Park. Were you all please talk about Chocolaca Park. Well, where Chocolaca Park is is where Greg and I would be rabbit hunting road, did it? There wasn't even exit there that was another but why And it's a great facility. That exit's full of hotels of course you now they'll go quick. Used to be a side farm. Yeah, and there's all kinds of great restaurants over there by Chocolaca Park. You're you're congested. You got everything you need over at Chocolaca Park. But there's a lot of folks there, Yes, there is. So we finally get to Buffalo Wild Wings and there's are some of the pictures and we now keep in mind we're walking in it and there's a lot of folks there. Now are you just walking in? Are you walking in like I'm seventy five, so you're not eating there? They just walk in to look at the jersey people are eating in front of Sherry wanted to see it and wanted, hey, how about this? And what a the thrift of the guys that were at the table. Yeah, they when they sat down, they thought, well, whoever were at seventy five must have went to the NFL. The break this. The table was full, by the way, thank you for bringing this up, so y'all didn't eat again. Went in you know what I'm talking about, speA. When they sat down, these people said, I don't wonder who that is. He must have played in the NFL. They put this jersey. Yeah, but as a matter of fact, at one point I had the guys convinced that these was a Steelers Steelers jersey and I played for the Steelers and they were super impressed.
Speaker 3: Did you get somebody up from the table while they were eating to take your picture?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I came in and I said, I said, I said, guys, I don't know how to break this to you, but y'all are eating at the seventy five table and I'm seventy five, and they look they looked at the picture there. Of course in my face, mash, you couldn't really tell, and they look up and at that moment, it's like you could tell they thought, hey man, this really worked out. And then the table over to my left start going, are you seventy five? And then they got to going and their kid played for Oxford, and of course if you played for Oxford, you know about seventy five. And so they're talking about that. Their kid won an award, the old seventy five. It was a different award, but I don't even know. But but they were talking about that, and they don't have the Rick Burgess Award. Well they did, they get their workoutout doing the rep, but they just simply call it the Golden Helmet. Uh So, now look at this, Look at Sherry. Isn't she fired up? You think she didn't feel b left right there, speedy. They do have they're gonna have that award, but just like this, he actually sent it to him and told to give it them the old golden helmets. Now, yeah, I might want to do that, right So, so anyway that that is a you can tell before that picture did you say, give me a big smile? No, I said, I said, sid No, no smile, Honey, I smile. I said, honey, that's a fake smile. I said, Cherry, do a picture. Smile. You're so overwhelmed with the motion right now, it's going to be a bad picture. I said, so just kind of squalled. Can just kind of take I know it's a lot of emotion right now. You're standing in front of the actual frame seventy five, uh and so with a small picture at the bottom. But did you send this to Tim Spencer with Buffalo Wie real quick before I went to bed, Uh and so, and I just put it finally happened. Uh. And the people, the people at the table were a little bit confused, you know when they figured out when they finally got down to the point that was a high school jersey. Uh. And you know that you could see they were a little bit confused about that. Yeah, but it was But then they felt different at that table. I could tell you know, once we moved the seats back, they could stance for him or anything like that. So you you know that was in the working lot. You stood at the table and like held court, like hell court well, I stood there for a minute. I mean, how many times are you at the seventy five tables? And seventy five comes in, he has to sign a few things. I stood, he's talking to the whole section.
Speaker 8: Dy.
Speaker 1: Somebody shouted, tell us about the Garden down game, and then I said, yea, it was nineteen eighty two, and so I did a couple of stories that was about the garden. Oh boy, I'm sewing played once in the valley, So you know, people shout things like that on the other side.
Speaker 4: Come over here for.
Speaker 1: You, anybody else, anyone else before you over here?
Speaker 4: Come over and talk to us about the Sampson game.
Speaker 1: You know, And I'll be over in a minute. Anybody anybody care about the junior year.
Speaker 4: Oh it's too.
Speaker 1: Much to take.
Speaker 4: So everybody calm down.
Speaker 1: Everybody calm down. Seventy five's here, get just form former line. Everybody be organized, talk a remote. So what a day? Yeah, what a day. You can see Sherry thinking about it all the way home. I bet you'll be right back. So Trump said there was a major announcement coming, major announcement coming, yep, and that it would be monumental, earth shattering, because you know, he always downplays everything, so yeah, yeah, he doesn't happen at all. But here's Big Trump announcing a breakthrough trade deal with the United Kingdom. Here's the prison yep.
Speaker 5: This morning, I'm thrilled to announce that we've reached a breakthrough trade deal with the United Kingdom, credible country. Today is a victory day for World War Two. We won the war together exactly eighty years ago, so there could be no more perfect morning to reach this historic agreement. And it's beautiful weather out. I will tell you that care beautiful weather, so perfect outside, But it's really in particular the agreement with one of our closest and most cherished allies, and we're so happy that that's the way it worked out. I want to thank Prime Minister Starmer and his very talented team for their work and partnership. Today's agreement with the UK is the first and a series of agreements on trade that my administration has been negotiating over the past four weeks. With this deal, the UK joins the United States and affirming that reciprocity and fairness is an essential and vital principle of international trade.
Speaker 1: So there you go. The British Ambassador to the United States, Lord Peter Mandelssohn, says that Trump has done everything that he said that he would do, and here he is saying that Trump is a straight shooter.
Speaker 11: To President, thank you very much, indeed in hosting us this morning, and thank you very much, indeed also for that very typical eleventh hour intervention by you with your phone call to the President.
Speaker 8: Demanding even more out of this deal than any events to expect.
Speaker 11: So thank you for that.
Speaker 8: Prime Minister is delighted, obviously to take that call late at night, but you took it to another level. And I think the point I would make is twofold one is that if we're going to rebalance and rebuild international trade in a way that serves all our interests, then we're better doing that together than separately and a part. And that's what we're on a mission to do. But secondly, you've done what you said you would do. You said to the Prime Minister when he came and we visited in the oval, that you would do a good trade deal with the United Kingdom, that you would do it at pace, and that we would be first, and you have delivered that. You've been true to your words. So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Also, we don't have any audio on this, but do know this and do have a written store to. Trump is demanding a thirty day unconditional ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine, and Zelensky says his country is ready for that and will agree to that. Just got to get putin to agree to it, so that.
Speaker 4: While we're on this trade deal. I think one E would probably go best right here, if you guys want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see one D is hilarious, but one E really is keeping with what we're doing. So let's skip to it. Here is the Morning Joe bunch. Now, boy, you would think they'd be happy. Yeah, stuff like that. Yeah, the terrorists are starting to take a turn and starting to work. And instead of them being thrilled that our economy may be headed in the right direction, they seem sad because I guess they're afraid that Trump might get credit for something. So here's good news from the Morning Joe. As they look like they're at a funeral. Dang, you'll look for what's most likely. Most likely those trade deals are going to come from leaders that he's more comfortable with. But he certainly again says he's very comfortable with Kiers Starmer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no question there. For President Trump, diplomacy is very personal. I mean there's a degree of that for most presidents, but this one in particular thread whether or not he likes you. We know there have been foreign leaders he very much did not like. He did not care for Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada. But this is going to be a political win for the White House a Mika, We've already President Trump up very early this morning, posting around five thirty in the morning. We've heard him a couple of times already today about this. They're going to have an event at ten o'clock. He's going to hold a news conference along with it. This is going to be something that they recognize. Why don't States have told me for a while. It's been turbulent since so called Liberation Day. They've seen the markets bounce back some, but there's a lot of economic worries. They needed to start delivering deals.
Speaker 1: This is the first well they I mean it looked like somebody sorry, but I've never seen two people hear good economic news for America and sit there like somebody farted next to you. Yeah, I mean, this is the moment. Look at them. I mean, they couldn't be more sad and get more sleep, get me, give me they just I was like, uh, And then one just just to enjoy Greg, This one's for you, Thank you, h As we go to the break, then we'll come back and do unscreened phone calls. For the first time. Today, Trump was asked about bootajegg Oh boy, oh boy, And here is his response.
Speaker 5: And when they took over Buddha Deesg, who has no clue.
Speaker 13: You know he drives to work on as a bicycle with his with his no fairness with his husband on the back, which is a nice, loving relationship.
Speaker 1: But he didn't have a clue. This guy didn't have a clue.
Speaker 13: And he's actually a contender for president between him and Crockett.
Speaker 1: You can have that party, but uh you have that y'all right the back he realizes he has a line and he kind of catched himself like one way, I better, I better see if I can't land this. And I'm sure loving relations you please you play that party again, god riding.
Speaker 5: And when they took over Buddha dig first of who has no clue.
Speaker 13: You know he drives to work in as a bicycle with his no fairness with his husband on the back, which is a nice, loving relationship.
Speaker 1: But his husband on the fairness with you, there's no need to add with his husband in the back, there's no need that. But he had to. Then he realized, wait an, wait a minute, I'm not smoking cigars sitting around the table with the guys. Your camera, right, Oh, I'm the prince on the bag. You know what you call my goods, You're terrible. We call it broke bicycle mountain, all riding man. Okay, he's riding me. Okay, So that's that's it.
Speaker 4: Gosh, that's funny. He catches itself.
Speaker 1: But no offense. Oh my gosh. Believe we've got the Big Boy Mike open. Here they come. So the Big Boy Mike is open. We say hello to all of them, and then those who choose will come forward. Some don't want to, and that's understandable, but that's you want. Well that's somebody. You know what they're saying. There's tackle football going on out there. I don't want to play. Staying over here and enjoying the show. So first of all, does not want to come up to the Big Boy Mike. But she's here and that's Palestrina Conkling. So thank you for being our guest today. It has been a pleasure coming up to the mic. We have Alex and David Conklin. They will come to the to the big Boy mike. Now, now this is some of our Texas bunch.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, and they brought gifts and bags stuff, all kinds of great.
Speaker 1: Start, right, so be sure and talk right in the mic. You might want to bring up just a little bit there. Don't let it make you cross that. Yeah, all right, so it'll do. So you guys came all the way from where what part of Texas?
Speaker 6: Springtown, Texas. It's it's right outside of Fort Where.
Speaker 1: Oh wow did trip? So when? How did you make the journey happen? All in one move? Came in.
Speaker 6: We left at four o'clock yesterday morning and got here at five o'clock yesterday evening.
Speaker 1: Wow, nic grease, it's easy for us. We're truck drivers, all right. So you've got the old Man's strong shirt on. You've got the Rick Birdes Show Awesome shirt on. So any any shout out your questions?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's one shout out h to my son's best friend. She helped us handle a what about the dog situation? So we can come up name Peyton, Peyton?
Speaker 1: Okay, Peyton? What about the dog?
Speaker 5: Pa?
Speaker 1: What about you? You got anything? Hey? When asked y'all, what's your handle on truck being trucker? What y'all have a handle that? You don't do handles anymore? We're way outdated? No we okay, they're very rare, now are they really? Okay?
Speaker 6: You can have them in a drug. The main thing is to you see trap you just turn off? Hey, what's what's going on up there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What lane do we need to be?
Speaker 1: You could be all man strong, just all man strong checking out? Yeah? Yeah? So uh and you've got you guys brought tons of food today. What all did you bring? We brought donuts, French toast, maple bacon donut. How about for Greg?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I'm talking from calachies and bags with unique gifts for each one of us. And thank y'all. Got some golf balls, I got some chocolate, I got.
Speaker 3: All kinds and a nice coffee man, yes, yes, very nice, thank you.
Speaker 6: We also bought some Nuther butter cream pie so all that have you heard of those?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: A nothing nut butter peanut butter sandwich. Col Key, I remember that cream. Well, thank you both for being sure that y'all came here, not just for this right, you're going somewhere after the shop for the show.
Speaker 4: We're sorry.
Speaker 1: How do you get the show? Your streamers or podcasters? What actually we're podcasters.
Speaker 6: What we'll do is while we're off the truck, we don't listen at all, and then when we get back on the truck, we just start from the first one we missed, and we listened straight through. There's times where it's took me eleven hours drive, eleven hour shift.
Speaker 1: See, there are people that say the show is too long, not for him, it is not. No, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 4: Texas.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to do his voice, but I didn't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Well let's see. I hope this is not making you overthink it. Come on, he don't hold back. I wanted to honor him.
Speaker 4: The Geralds are here.
Speaker 1: Sherry does not want to be on the show. She said no, she said no to the big boy mind. But look at come on Gerald had so Tim, where are you from?
Speaker 14: We're from the boss Hog State.
Speaker 1: From Arkansas, Illinois. Oh okay, yeah, I was talking about Boss I got it in the hogging there. So what part of illinoying Southern Illinois? Yeah, you've got you guys have affiliates there. But do you listen another way? I listened tune in, tune in, Okay, you're tuning in your tuning person. So you got got any questions or shout outs today? No?
Speaker 14: I mean I got shout outs. My nephew David is listening.
Speaker 1: Hey David, what buddy? Uh?
Speaker 14: And then the guys from Anderson overhead doors some of those are listening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So obviously, did did you find your way here through the thirty one years of Rick and Bubba show? Yes? Okay? So was it just scanning one day? I mean, how did you discover I.
Speaker 14: Was just scanning one day and come up on you guys and start listening and haven't stopped listening.
Speaker 1: Good? How do you like the new show?
Speaker 14: Fantastic?
Speaker 1: Well? Thank you?
Speaker 10: I missed Bubba?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, wisdom, the wisdom of b A lot of wisdom there, thirty one years of it. We got Greg a lot of wire right again, different, a different kind of wisdom.
Speaker 14: Sometimes Greg will say something thinking that in my head.
Speaker 1: Intelligence say about it, Tim, don't tell everybody that, thanks for being here. Very kind of you'd be here. You share just like my wife does with an eye. Well, how about that?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: So also we got Jackie Killing's worth. Jackie will come to the Big Boy mic. Yes she lost, she lost, but we all won. That's right. Thank you for being here. Where are you from? Community?
Speaker 4: About five miles from the farm.
Speaker 1: You are about five miles from the font.
Speaker 4: Eat at the barbecue restaurant?
Speaker 1: Have they got their Rick Bird's Show shirts on?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Have you seen? Okay?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 4: Ask next time?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have any questions or shout outs?
Speaker 4: Happy Mother's Day to my mom.
Speaker 3: There was only one seed available yesterday, So I'll bring her next time and my husband, my son, and in nine.
Speaker 4: More school days, I'll be a retired educator.
Speaker 1: Relation that's great. Thank you for all the many years you've earned it. You have earned it well. Thank you and thanks for listening to the show. All right. So also we have up next. We're gonna do two bakers here, Jake and Easton Baker, and they want to come up and say hello, ch out here they come, all right? So where where are the Baker's from from? We're talking all about.
Speaker 3: Week the tump thank you very much, and Baker beat me and Burgess ball on the break eas Easton, I got a childish name.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: He looked at that's what's.
Speaker 1: Funny, that's father son. I was, that's good. It's not like you know, it's good delivered. I have a child's name. I realized, Thank you. I said that I don't feel like Jakes, very grown up name's pretty good delivery.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good. Good. So any questions or shout outs, no, hey, I would like to thank you'all.
Speaker 4: It's nice having a show that I can let little man listen to.
Speaker 1: And I have to worry about stuff. Well most most of the times. Great, the most time. He can't understand and stuff you, he said, don't worry the stuff greag. So he can't understand.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: Hear the dirty uncle. Feel better. So so you got Easton, you got a shout out. I just want to give a shout out to my mom, my, sister, my grandpa and grandma Mama. Happy Mother's Day, oh and happy mothers Good job. Yeah from Easton. We got one more. Of course he won the Burgess small battle today. Talk about Josh Campbell. Josh Campbell, Josh Campbell, hen comes, Josh, what's up? But tell you what's going on? Gratulations, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Sorry about the Yeah, that's all right about one click away.
Speaker 1: One click learned about the mic we did, Mike arm Well, I didn't have strung already. See what you mean? That'll do that? So where are you from another time?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So my wife and Jake's wife are cousins.
Speaker 1: So Jake you so's little man's married?
Speaker 5: That's so?
Speaker 1: Whose wife sent the bread? That's my wife? Oh yeah, Did she intended me to take that home for herself? Well?
Speaker 9: She she wanted me to let you know, like it's a parmesan with spices, sour dough. Stayed up late last night. I had to get it out this morning.
Speaker 1: It was in the bag.
Speaker 9: What but she said, she wanted me to let you know that she made it with love from an amillennial.
Speaker 1: Rick not to be mad.
Speaker 9: She'd also like to discuss some theology.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you this. Did she is she doing that thing like where the sorgor where they keep it alive and you feed it eighteen hundred? Is that one of those? Is that where it comes from? I'm excited about? Now did was Jake supposed to bring in cinnamon.
Speaker 9: Rolls allegedly allegedly reportedly there was supposed to be some cinnam rolls brought in. The instructions I think became.
Speaker 1: A little too difficult.
Speaker 9: Okay, it was her homemade. It wasn't like popping from a.
Speaker 1: Canow but Jake being a kid, I don't know how. Yeah, you can't put that pressure a little bit.
Speaker 9: Got oh yeah, yeah, we got up a little the extra early and make sure that happened.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you to your wife.
Speaker 9: And so there's one yeah, my wife another shout out. So my oldest daughter, Harper is listening. She loves the show.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 9: I wanted to tell her, uh, hello, I've got four kids. She's not she's not the favorite. She thinks she is. I wanted to particularly give her a shout out.
Speaker 1: But she's not the favorite. Even she got the show.
Speaker 9: She did get the shout out, so I can explain a little bit more later. But but yeah, so there's Harper, Olivia, Emory, and little man Rowan. That's a lot. And my wife homeschool, so she's same.
Speaker 1: Yeah bread yeah, oh yeah, there you go. Well what a pleasure. And I know your family your kids and your wife, proud of you winning burgess battle. Yeah, they're pretty poli.
Speaker 9: I'm going to bring home nothing.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, that's what you got. Thank you so much, Thank y'all. There. He is the winner today and and that bread is strictly for me to take home. You've donet claim you're claiming it? Have you been pulling off of it?
Speaker 4: I want to try it. I even tried.
Speaker 1: You hadn't even been in there. You can't go in there. We'll be back. I don't know. I said that I can go in there. Thank you vox seats and wonderful folks today. We'll be right back more of the show. Right after this breaking news out of North Carolina. Others are reporting at speedy I think it may be true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we we we have a show here and a little bit of audio that that was kind of validating the the report here from a couple of different sources that Bill Belichick's girlfriend has been banned from the u n C football facility.
Speaker 1: About maybe three or four different news outlets are reporting this. So take like it is because of the situation, you know what I'm coming about. I don't know what's going on, but this. I don't know if you want to just I want you to picture now. You ever you ever back to this again? You ever been? And of course this is a girlfriend, so it's different but also could be much harder. You you can't work for them anymore, they banned me, and they can How can you keep working for them? Right? They did say, though. The reason why since she kept interrupting team meetings, raising her hands saying she had to go to the party.
Speaker 10: It's good.
Speaker 1: Oh may I told these two earlier, So I hope thanks for laughing again. Yea, all right, Yeah, I think this is truth. I don't know, man, right now, I don't know. I don't know this. Uh, this is this her talking about.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is the one of the news outlets that part of the Draft Kings network that broke the story. Uh here I'm talking about what we just discussed. But yeah, it could it could be.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that. But anyway, here you go.
Speaker 7: A couple of breaking news updates since what has happened publicly since we last gathered. Number one, okay two sources at the University of North Carolina telling me that there has been a decision. It was made last week by the higher ups inside the athletic department that had hired Bill Belichick to be the highest paid public employee, not just coach, in the state of North Carolina at ten million dollars a year, and that decision was that Jordan Hudson is no longer allowed in the football building.
Speaker 1: She is not allowed on the football field.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 9: I don't think you'll be hearing much from Jordan moving forward, not in the building.
Speaker 1: Flip.
Speaker 4: I'm right, So that's.
Speaker 1: Good there, So that's kind of who knows, we'll see. I'm with you, Greg, I don't think he would go along with that, and if he did, and if he did, of course, you may not have had a choice. But it's going to be a headache for him for big time. You mean what I'm saying is banned from the field. I mean you can't even walk in the field after the game like everybody else does. Maybe everything like the practice field, only I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. She can't call plays no more offensive coordinator, they said. When they told her, she threw herself on the floor and starts spinning around. Here they are stumping her feet, holding her breath.
Speaker 4: Here they are at the U I guess this is the Museum of Natural History. I think Bill Belichick took her there so that she could learn about his childhood.
Speaker 1: That's good Bill, that's a good one. Mister Adler, that's a good one. Oh that's funny. Uh So, speaking of old people, Joe Biden, we do have is he on the view again?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think that I'm really I think I'm really interested in to be just because of the statement. You're okay with that? Because I know time wise, I don't think we can get them all in. Are you good with two?
Speaker 5: B Yeah?
Speaker 1: Those two a pretty good.
Speaker 4: The first one's great too, because it is it's basically talking about his cognitive decline and he has to address that directly.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let's do that. Let's hear that that you're right, that is important. Okay.
Speaker 15: I have come out deeply since you left office. There have been a number of books that have come out deeply sourced from democratic sources, that claim in your final year there was a dramatic decline in your cognitive abilities in the final year of your presence. What is your response to these allegations? Are these sources wrong?
Speaker 16: They are wrong, There's nothing to sustain that, but number one number two, you know, think of what we were left with. We left for the circumstance where we had an insurrection, I started, yes, nonsense of civil war. We had a circumstance where we were in a position that we well the pandemic because of the incompetence of the last outfit, end up over a million people dying, people dying. We're also in a situation where we found ourselves unable to deal with a lot of just basic issues. And I won't go with you in interested time. And so we went to work and we got it done. And you know, one of the things that is, you know.
Speaker 1: One of the things I think is that the people who wrote those books were not in the White House with us. No, we didn't have to be in the White House. We watched him try to carry on, just like he tried to answer that question. We need to hook him up with David Brevi greg My name is the name is David. So Joe Biden acts like he's losing his cognitive skills by telling while telling us he hasn't yeh Next next, another sign that he's not in the real world. He says he would have beaten Donald Trump is that right? That is correct.
Speaker 15: You had previously said that you thought that you would have won. Since then, Donald Trump won all the battleground states and made in roads with almost every major demographic, from working class voters to Hispanic men to black men. Knowing what you know, now, do you think you would have beat him?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's still got seven million fewer votes.
Speaker 16: Yes, Okay, a lot of people didn't show up number one, number one, number two.
Speaker 10: The uh, they're very close in those those toss up states.
Speaker 16: Was it wasn't a slam dunk and so uh look, you know every time I've been on the show, which you've been fortun I've been fortunately beyond more than once.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me. Is that we talked. You guys don't focus on as much.
Speaker 16: And I think it's good pulling numbers, but uh, thankful this way, he's had the worst hundred days any friends ever had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not a fact.
Speaker 1: And what are you talking about? And he's in that position where I can claim I would have won because there's will never have to find out. Y'all should have kept me in there. You know, I could have beat Mike Caushin too, if I just would have had a chance to fight him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then also the elections. I mean that's fishy. I'm sorry it is. We have all those mail in ballots. That was the weirdest, fishiest even look at the look at all the votes that Obama got in the years before that. Biden's is a huge outlier there. I'm sorry, but there's just something real fishy about that election year.
Speaker 1: Well, at least it's over, yes, yeah, and at least you know they can be, you know, upset and keep doing all that. It's one of those things where just keep moving the change, keep moving forward. It doesn't change anything. Let them have these interviews, let them talk about should have, could have? Would Let them call one hundred days bad even though if you may look at your life it actually has been good. Let them do whatever. Yeah, all right, Well, wrapping up this hour, So remember a couple of things. If you're wrapping up, you're going into the weekend. Remember that we do have the first episode of a brand new podcast this weekend, Strange Encounters, That will be tonight early for Blaze subscribers everybody else. You can get it on podcasts wherever you get podcasts. And then also, don't forget anything you missed this week on the show. Our daily podcast are available another Ricking Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold coming out this weekend as well, so all that content is available for you to consume, and then Lord Willing will be back on the Monday edition. If you've got more of The Rick Burgess Show today, enjoy. If not, have a great weekend, Lord Willing, We'll talk to you Monday. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.