Speaker 1: From the heart.
Speaker 2: We're Innovations Money and Power.
Speaker 3: Collie in Silicon Valley, NBN. This is Bloomberg Technology with Caroline Hyde and Ed Ludlove.
Speaker 2: I'm Caroine, head of Bloomos World headquarters in New York. This is Bloomberg Technology coming up in via. It surges as AI demand Power is the company's outlook yet again. We'll have full coverage on the company as it looks to add two hundred and fifty billion dollars to its market cap just today, and we'll get a read on the state of the IPO market as Reddit gives up to file publicly for its offering as soon as today. Details to come. Plus from chips and IPOs to the Moon, we get a preview on what we can expect from exploration startup Intuitive Machines and its attempt to put a US made lander on the Moon for the first time in fifty years. That first, we've got to get to it. Extraordinary moves once again, extraordinary moves and market capitalization and yet still a valuation that is relatively cheap. In video surging fifteen percent would be the biggest ever addition in terms of marketcap on record that we've seen for any single stock at fifteen percent, once again making it on edge to get to that two trillion dollar mark when it comes to market capitalization. And the reason that maybe the valuation is still at thirty three times forward looking earnings is because all those earnings keep on grising at an extraordinary pace. Here's what guests had to say.
Speaker 1: What a sensational set of results from Nvidia.
Speaker 2: This is really the yearning's heard around the world.
Speaker 4: I'll do my best to sort of contain my enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: It seems each quarter they continue to surprise.
Speaker 5: There are going to be significant benefits.
Speaker 6: The only result that was going to be acceptable was not only a beat, but a substantial beat.
Speaker 7: This is a company that continues to execute and completely blow away everybody's most robust forecast.
Speaker 5: Hunt deny the impact that it's having across not just in the US market and the US tech sector, but actually globally. And I think one of those reasons is that people are really buying into this idea that it isn't the tipping point.
Speaker 2: There is great momentum there.
Speaker 8: People are beginning to wonder how many consecutive quarters can this company continue.
Speaker 7: To run with the big question has been how long can this continue?
Speaker 1: There is sort of a consensus in the industry to put some competitive pressure.
Speaker 2: Back on in video.
Speaker 7: The competition has never been more fierce than it is right now foreign video, but they have a huge headstart.
Speaker 8: This tidal wave of spend, it's coming to the rest of tech and in our opinion, that's going to continue to fuel this tech bill market.
Speaker 2: The equity market sort of really nicely sort of set up from here.
Speaker 1: This AI party, it's just getting started.
Speaker 2: Blueberg Intelligence senior analyst many saying joins us to take us on a gear from it just getting started. What was extraordinary is if you were training after hours and not everyone does. At one point you were looking at a lot. What pushed us significantly back into the green.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so when you look at the print, the China numbers stood out. So China used to be twenty percent of revenue. Now it was mid a single digit. So clearly they've had some headwinds. But despite that, they come out and raise the forecast for another ten percent. And you know, that's what's most impressive about the results is not only have they executed well, they have not missed a beat in terms of shipping new product. So they're talking about H two hundred chips in two Q that's double the performance of H one hundred. And we know H one hundred was double the performance of A one hundred. So clearly you know they're executing to perfection here and they keep delivering quarter after quarter of perfection. I mean, the question to me is really what is the addressable market? With Jensen said it's one trillion incremental over the next five years. And they are very well positioned on the compute and networking side. So if you take that you know four and model that, you will believe they can keep, you know, continuing with these numbers. But at some point there will be a digestion phase because they are exposed to hyperscalers. The capex is what fifty percent of their data center revenue is coming from hyperscaler capex. So that's ten companies, which means every hyperscaler is about five percent of in video's revenue. And they are buying these ships, but for how long and if one of them does get their own chip, what impact does it have on a video's growth. Probably people are not going to talk about it for the next one or two quarters. This is more of you know, a four five quarter question.
Speaker 2: But Jensen himself has started to talk about diversification, talking that sovereigns need to have access to their own compute, that companies need to do that. That's why they have this deal with Cisco. How much do you think that they can diversify away from these mega companies that are so dominating their revenue.
Speaker 6: I mean they need that. And Jensen said there will be more than five foundational models. So right now, the prevailing market view is there will be four or five foundational large ANGLID models and every company will standardize on that. What he's saying is they will be vertical specific large anguage models, sovereign large ANGLID models, because these companies don't want to give away their data to open AI or Gemini. And so if that's the case, then yes, these companies need to invest or governments need to have the same level of CAPEX investments what hyperscalers have done over the last two three years in terms of buying these in video chips. But if the standardized models are going to be the four or five models that we know, then I think it will be hard to justify companies spending forty fifty billion dollars in capex to buy in video chips for training, and Jensen called out inferencing, which is the other big opportunity. So if Nvidia chips are going to be in smartphones, in PCs and inferencing other types of inferencing, then yes, that expands their market. But we don't know those details. All we know is next quarter they're going to come out and probably raise by another ten percent because it probably sandbag, you know, in terms of the visibility they already.
Speaker 2: Have, and we're expecting next quarter another revenue increase in more than two hundred percent. Just always brilliant to push it forward with Blue Meg Intelligence Senior analyst Mandat Sing, we always thank him. And actually we were just referencing maybe some of the flies in the ointment, which was China. Let's dive deep on into that because the China story is important and Johnkangli is joining us now. She is indeed the CEO, founder and kind of research at JL Warren Capital. And what's so interesting about JL Warren Capital is you're basically focusing a limelight on the companies that do have a big exposure to China and really doing deep dive research into them. How much exposure is in video going to have going forward.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's very dynamic. Right now, they have five percent as the CEO said on a conference call, yes today in this co year if this COO year twenty twenty three was twenty percent, so there's a sharp job in the direct exposure to the China market. However, they're offshore data centers owned by Chinese or Chinese entities that use in video chips, so those will be the markets in Singapore, markets of Middle East. So if you combine all those, I would say that's probably add up to fifteen twenty percent of the Nvidia AI chip exposure. So depending on Biden administration's approved approval. But China is expecting the shipment of the H twenty, which is a dumbdown version of the H one hundred, one hundred AI chip shipment in second quarter. But then again it really depends on the administration in the US. There's absolutely a shortage of equivalent of the AI GPU chips in China, even though their atcounts to catch up. But it's such a long and a complex supply chain. It's not something it's not writing a code, it's not a software which China is very good at.
Speaker 2: So how quickly therefore, do you think drinking the much has been said that if we do indeed force US companies to exit their exposure to China, ultimately we're just fast tracking the supply chain, the internal supply chain of China. Do you believe that? Or ultimately does Jensen, as he seems to still say, want to still be winning in China. He still seems to think that there is a place for his company in China.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there's short term, there's long term. Short term, there's no equivalent of a similar technology architecture and production capacity, which is really important. As we've seen, this is a company in operations for thirty years and went through a very rich history of ups and downs, and the A one hundred, which is the first of dominating AI GPU parallel computing chip, there was long the two years ago. It takes many a couple of years to figure out the Cobos production capacity, and even today demand far exceeds the supply right, So, I mean it's it is a very complex. It's a hardware company predominantly as of today, and the supply chain is very long, and it's primarily in Taiwan and the cross Asia. So it's gonna take a very very long time for huaweih to figure out where to source it's a Capex equipment, where to you know, source the packaging and the testing qualification, et cetera. So I mean I would think five to ten years and so till then there's enough room for Video to ship its legacy chips to try to just get it going, and for companies to figure out how to run their kind of lower version of AI computing.
Speaker 2: Jamhank, I'm interested in your perspective on the total addressable market here because I and put out this four hundred billion dollar figure and then Jensen just saw that and raised the bar significantly, saying it's a trillion. Where do you stand on time when it comes to these sources of chips.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's so early on the adoption it's kind of like irrelevant question. So annually globally you're about like thirteen fourteen servershipment and currently AI attached ray is about four percent, right, So I mean, really, depending on what you think the AI attached ray should be in a normalized circumstance, but right now, I mean, no one knows I mean even assuming what Lisa to the four you know, hundred number is four hundred billion, and let's assume a video takes sixty or seventy percent of that AI chip market, and times it's normalized, let's say normalized the net operating marginal forty percent versus today fifty percent, because they have such a bargaining power to its customers because of the shortage of supply and and you know, a product mix, and that gives you three hundred billion run rate of net profit annually and times whichever multiple you want to put it. You can argue it's hardware so and it's growing so far, it's on way becoming the industry goals standard. So you put twenty five comes pe on a normalized demand cycle, so that gives you about like a three trillion market market cap versus today, I guess it's one point seven two trillion, So we are looking at pretty close to doubling. You know, in the next few years. It could be bigger than that, because lisa tous number can be too low. Gens and Hunt's number could be closer to reality. Just no one knows. It really depends on the air market application development. But one thing I want to say is, look at this quarter's growth margin seventy seven percent. That's really really rare. The only company that I can think of of a gross margin closer to that is Earmese, which tells me that this is a story that demand the far exceeds stip supply, and the company has so much bargaining power to its suppliers, and there's tremendous operating and the economy of skill.
Speaker 2: Putting it very succinctly. At the end, there still much to be made of this particular stock move, and many still feeling they want to get in jail. Warren Capital CEO and founder John Henley, it's been brilliant to get your expertise today, Thank you very much. Indeed, meanwhile, let's check in on the border markets, because there is real impact here. Semaschal said it. This is a global repercussion story. Look, we've seen the nasnack cup two point three percent, but the Japanese Index and Nikke search to a new record high. Why because the likes of soft Bank. Of course, AI related companies did a lot of the high bar making today on the back of these numbers coming from Nvidio stops six hundred over in Europe, a new record high there as well. Again, this is a tech play. This is in euphoria around the productivity gains that we can get out of AI. So we're up nine tens of a percent and a new record. Maybe don't have a little look at what's happening in some other risk assets. A choice for this particular show Crypto. Look, it's one on risk asset that'shap not surging in quite the same Lockstep has announced that, but we are still up some six tens percent on the day. We're around that almost fifty two thousand dollars level. I mean while coming up Reddit it gives up to file for its initial public offering very very soon details to come, and watching shares of well AIGHT and T, T Mobile, Verizon. Look, I'm sorry if you're out there today with an AT and T contract, you've had some problems getting around using your service. There have been sort of ever since three am, some issues with down de tech to showing that ultimately the network has been forced offline. We're off by two point nine percent on AIGHT and T Mobile and indeed Verizon, even though they said their overall networks were working well, they too, were affected by eight and issues.
Speaker 9: We keep an eye on those stocks. This is Bloomberg Technology time now for talking tech.
Speaker 2: Of first up, Google actually pausing its AI made images of people that's in their Gemini after criticism about how it was handling race. Earlier this week, Google said it was aware that Gemini was offering what it called inaccuracies in some historical image generation depictions. Company now says it's working to address the issues with its image generative feature.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a.
Speaker 2: Venture firm and recent Horowitz It's just invested one hundred million dollars in a cryptot startup called Eigenlayer. Now the announcement suggests that some of the industry's top back is that they're still bending on blockchain despite what has been a steep downturn in cryptoventure funding. However, the VC firm was the sole investor in Iigonlayer's funding round, and social media platform Reddit, well, it has struck a deal with Google we understand now. According to Reuters, the deal will make reddits content available for training the search engine giants artificial intelligence models. So basically raking in so much needed revenue each year by giving access to its data. And let's just talk about Reddit more broadly, because this comes ahead of an expected filing of its S one within the coming days for its hotly anticipated IPO. We're going to bring in Katie roof now for more. And it is notable that we're sort of suddenly to hear about these deals, these sort of revenue generating deals when it comes to access to Reddit's own data for training AI ahead of what could be an AI IPO filing.
Speaker 3: Ray you know, obviously they're hoping to get some buzz. AI is a higher category rate now, and so Reddit, which is one to IPO for three years now, is hoping that this AI partnership is going to say Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just one name. And of course there are a fair few companies wanting data to train their AI models on. So we could see yet more of it flow in and yet more money to be agreed to if we do, indeed think it's going to be about sixty million in revenue per year. I'm interested in ultimately what means and why Reddit would be looking to finally go public. Now, what is it that they're seeing that the reading that means that this is the time to tap the market.
Speaker 3: So what happened was Reddit announced in late twenty twenty one that they were that they had filed for IPO. But that was right when the IPO window closed for tech IPOs and so other than you know, instacart and Clay they own arm last September, those are the only tech ipeas we've had in over two years. And so Reddit didn't restart the IPO window.
Speaker 2: Uh, Instacart tried to.
Speaker 3: But now Reddit's going to try to reopen the window in in part two of attempting to excite the market about tech IPOs again.
Speaker 2: Sure, so it's been a long time coming, exciting some potential vcs and early checks in as well to finally get some liquidity. Event, Katie Ruth, we thank you so much for bringing us the expertise. And well we wait, we watched on Reddit. Let's just focus in on EV's a little bit more, the Vietnamese electric vehicle maker vin Fast. It's actually shares have been moving around today on the downside at one point because its earnings report showed that losses increased during the fiscal fourth quarter, but revenue did jump, in fact, doubling from a year on year basis. We've got then acceleration of automobile deliveries happening for the company. Vin Fast, chairwoman of the board of directors. Madame twy Le joins us now and mad An Twey. I'm interested about that loss widening. What's driving the losses escalating at the moment.
Speaker 10: The Q four versus KILLED three, Actually that there was some one half adjustment of the inventory. Otherwise the trend has been positive, shall we The imagine up to the adjustment is about twenty eight twenty seven percent minus twenty seven percent versus minus thirty seven percent in Q three, So we're heading in the right direction. But because the one half adjustment at the end of the year, you see the gosh margin going down.
Speaker 2: As we said, though revenues on the right rise. We've seen thirteen and thirteen deliveries in the fiscal fourth quarter of evs you target, I think it there is one hundred thousand EV's for the year, for this fiscal year. How do you get that?
Speaker 10: And well we we as you know, we're the only one in the world that has the whole lineup of vehicles from a segment to the east segment. We have this year we start delivering vehicles for the right hand drive markets that Indonesia as well, so we have the full lineup of vehicles in all segments for all different markets we are we're already in Vietnam to Vietnam would continue to be to support about half of that forecast and continue to be the biggest because in twenty twenty four the rest of it spread over across North America, Europe and Middle East and Asia as well. So we believe that with our light up of vehicles, our access or different markets, we should be able to get there to achieve the podcast.
Speaker 2: And then with that supply, you need to have demand meeting it on the other side, as you say it, and I'm still your biggest market at the moment, But tell us a little bit about where you look to expand I know you've been looking into the Philippines from just an exposure, but in Indonesia, as you were just saying, where is the demand going to be coming from, because we've just seen it with RIVIW and you've seen it with Tesla that well, there's a pullback. It feels like a slowing in growth of demand for electric vehicles because people want about infrastructure, they're worried about their ability to charge.
Speaker 10: Well, we've seen we have skepticism in adoptions for ebs. However, the reality is the there's still adoption of evs in all markets, right So the TV are the vehicle cells increased by twelve percent and seventeen percent in the US in Europe last year, but the EV sales increase by forty five for forty forty five percent, so there's still increased in in evs. There's still adoption of evs, and we believe that there's a there's a market for EV's. I mean, the forecast is still two million to perform million of v cells this year in the US. We look at so we believe that we should be able to get some market shared in North America and in Europe where we are the lord child products. But we think that the volume driven markets for US in the future would be in the markets closer to us, like in Asia India for example, one point five million people, the most populous country in the world with very low adoption right now, or Indonesia, the third most populist country in the world. Part of passion that we belong to and also very low adoption right now. We believe that we should be able in the long run get more volume from.
Speaker 2: This market as well. And Andrey Leamy staying up the Philippines, thank you for being with us from Hanoi late in the evening from Vinvast, we thank you very much. Indeed, welcome back to LUMT Technology. I'm Caroline heard in New York. Let's get your quit check on these markets. Halfway through this training.
Speaker 9: Day, and look, it is an AI story.
Speaker 2: It is an earning beat from Nvidia that drives, and that's that one hundred up some two and a half percent. Chip makers really roaring. Look, and this isn't just a US story. You're seeing this played out with the Japanese Nike hitting a new record high stocks six hundred over in Europe and a new record high we've just had the close of trade in Europe were nine ten percent FO one hundred and ninety five. But the socks, as I say, other chip makers really managing to flourish at the moment, as Marvel moves high at AMD as well on what seems to be an enormous total addressable market as was envisioned by Jensen over in video, up four and a half percent on the socks. More broadly, moving on and have a look at some other individual names, and there have been other earnings we've got to get our teeth into. But in Video front and center up more than fifteen percent, so not just another AI player. This is also up some eleven percent after its earnings really showed that it's managing to capitalize on this particular part of the market. Rivian, though ugly ugly off by twenty seven percent after they slow their production, and indeed they are more worried about having to be laying off people ten percent of the workforce. Lightly to go, we're going to be digging in some other names that have been on the Movelenova, for example. But let's just have a return to what's happening within in Video, because we are up significantly.
Speaker 9: We're a new record high.
Speaker 2: We're at two hundred and fifty billion dollars worth of market cap increase on the day, we're almost at a two trillion dollar market capitalization. And yet despite that market cap, the stock is actually still kind of cheap. Pe future earnings that they keep on escalating and so on, from a forwards PE basis, we're actually still only thirty three stick in to all of that Kjin Savanis with us BlueBag Intelligence for more on ultimately a company that just knocks it out the park. I mean, have you seen any other companies able to deliver twice now two hundred percent growth on a revenue basis just escalating when it comes to their overall earnings per share as well, I.
Speaker 11: Have not in my career, and I mean, look, and surprise on any media earnings is no longer a surprise. This is something how we're getting accustomed to to expect every time. But more than the magnitude of the beat, it was the quality of the earnings that was reassuring to us. On the supply side, it seems supply keeps coming in strong. But more importantly they were able to diversify the suppliers and you saw the benefit of that in lower component costs in their gross margins. But more importantly was the quality of the demand. It seems the demand momentum is continuing, but it was also the broad based demands not just from their largest cloud players, but beyond that, to the Internet, to the hyperscalers, to the enterprises, and to various different and vertical markets.
Speaker 2: The one Arab demand people might be concerned about of course, has been China cringing, and this still seems to be an area that Gensen's really focused on, still thinking that they can win and then there's a place for them in that market.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean we saw significant drop in China, right, like almost a loss of two billion dollars just in the data center. And we don't think this too. We don't think this headwind is going away anytime soon, if at all, getting worse with more restrictions. You know, in the near term, it should not impact the trajectory because this demand is running ahead of supply, so they can easily ship this product that they would have like to ship to China to other countries and the US. But in the long term we think this does take the bite out of their TAM opportunity, China being the second largest market. Right if there was no restrictions, they could have even grown much.
Speaker 8: Faster for longer.
Speaker 9: Extraordinary chart.
Speaker 2: We were just looking out of data center revenue just up to the right Green meg Intelligence analyst Conscience Uponne, who had a very late night in a very early start yesterday, we appreciate it a lot. Meanwhile, coming up Female Founder's Fund, it hosted it's twenty twenty four CEO Summit. I've at the New York Stock Exchange. I'm going to be hearing from the founding partner and indeed one of her portfolio companies that just raise some money. This is really bad technology. Let's talk about the venture community and the women in it and new Google. Female Founders Fund founding partner has just been hosting the Year of Women conference and the New York Stock Exchange. Here's what she had to say about the VC environment right now, how it's changing, and what she's seen for women investing in tech sector.
Speaker 9: Just take a listen.
Speaker 4: I think it's a really interesting time in venture investing right now. I think the investable categories have shifted significantly for us at Female Founder's Fund. You know, we remain really excited about digital health Health. You know, Maven was one of our early investments. We just announced the funding, the Series B funding for ULA this week, which is incredibly exciting. Beauty and personal care is another category that you know, we think remains resilient. You've seen some incredible exits and outcomes over the past twelve months. Vertical software solutions that remains you know, consistent theme across the last the last decade, and then lastly, I would say the newer category where we've been actively investing is climate tech.
Speaker 2: Let's go in on climate tech because some might say though that gets a whole load of politicization around it, particularly was the in to an election year. How you seeing real world use cases of the technology that you're starting to back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's a fairly broad category. I'll give you a couple of examples. So we invested in the company last year called Watts, which is a waste management software solution helping large hospitality players do a better job of managing the expense around their waste. We've also invested in the first hydrogen powered private plane company started by a French aeronautics engineer. So I think, you know, there's a lot of opportunity, but I think at the end of the day, what we're really looking for is.
Speaker 2: Where are the exits?
Speaker 4: Are these categories or businesses that have you know, a large acquire base, and I think you know, within climate tech there's so much interest and so much need for better products and solutions.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a lot of your LPs often are asking where are the exits? And you think a lot about ultimately where we are in a landscape right now, IPO market still not looking that pretty. Have you seen an uptick in M and A? Have you seen interest and inbound coming towards you after some of your pultfolio companies.
Speaker 4: You know, I think the last twelve to eighteen months have been incredibly challenging, both in terms of raising growth capital as well as obviously you know, IPOL markets being closed and M and A for that matter.
Speaker 2: I actually don't you know. I think if you look.
Speaker 4: To the remainder of this year, it's going to be challenging. You have an election year coming up, and you know, it's funny there's a model in VC right now survived till twenty five. I think it's going to be, you know, a tough year this year. But I think if you're able to come through, that's the advice that we're giving our founders.
Speaker 2: And isn't it amazing that you know, you've quoted the Year of women and we have just an end of tail end of twenty twenty four. We think of the achievements of you know, ultimately, how much economic impact Beyonce and Tata Swift put together have had on the US economy. You are not only a VC, but ultimately you're a founder yourself. Having set up a Female Founder's Fund. How are you seeing your role change and what's being asked of you in this particular moment from your own portfolio companies and society at large. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I think the shift has really been, you know, looking at our portfolio companies and the advice and the way that we kind of work with them. There's definitely been, you know, a shift, I would say, in terms of how do we how do we get from you know, a more growth at all costs strategy to just running our businesses efficiently and so that requires a lot of work on the budget. It requires really thinking through team structure and and really honing in on what it is that your business needs to survive, and that I think for founders as well as vcs is a skill set that we haven't necessarily had to.
Speaker 2: Leverage or use for for over a decade. And I do go Female Founders Fund telling us it's straight. She has of course founding partner at that fund and putting on the Year of Women conference where she brought together whole host of female CEOs to have real talk. Ultimately, about the environment, but from trying to survive until twenty twenty five to actually thriving, We've got one that is right now. I guess stick with Digital Health and one of the companies that Google actually mentioned ULA as a maternity care clinic that combines midwifery and obstetrics, and it's raised twenty eight million dollars in Series B funding to expand its technology, enables and hybrid care approach to more markets beyond here in New York City and launch new services for those in their reproductive years here for more. Co founder and CEO Adrian Nicholson and who is pretty heavily pregnant right now yourself, so thank you for coming in for it. I am fascinated about raising such money in this current environment as a female founder, as a maternal health company. Was it easier than the seed round for example that you first got off the ground during the depths of COVID and twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: In some ways I think they were very similar around in the sense that it was a tough environment to be raising I mean twenty twenty April, if you guys remember what you were doing all yeah, probably not going to a lot of our mortar businesses, and you know, that's what we are, while we're a hybrid business, and so that was a challenging environment and we were selling out a story in some ways. I think what made it easier in this environment is we have data. Now we're able to show that this is the solution to a really broken maternal care system, whether that's looking at from a consumer perspective or from outcomes or for a cost. And so even in a tough environment, I think being able to point to a really proven model made it just a little bit easier.
Speaker 2: And that prove the model being what is it, fifteen hundred berths, few a c sections, fewer problematic outcomes, better postnatal care. I'm interested. All of this actually sounds much more like experience I had birthing in the UK compared to here in the United States. But tell me about the technology that you're building. Why is it necessary to be a tech business?
Speaker 12: Well, what's kind of wild about pregnancy care is this sort of status quo looks strikingly sim learn out to what it did a hundred years ago, which is you have a lot of analog with one on one visits over nine months.
Speaker 2: Even though everything.
Speaker 12: About the world has changed and technology has changed, and so we're really trying to sort of modernize that experience and bring technology into the equation. And that's from things like creating a better consumer experience.
Speaker 2: So we have a patient.
Speaker 12: Portal that extends care outside the four walls, and so you don't just get connection to your team in those thirteen visits, you actually can talk to them and get care and all the moments in between, which is where pregnancy really happens. We give a question at two in the morning or when you're struggling to postpartum. So the power of tech is really extending beyond the four walls.
Speaker 2: I'm interested and this is a tough question, but given the news out of at Obama, the idea they're a Supreme Court is you know, thinking about we are in a different landscape when it comes to reproductive rights. We are thinking of rulings that recognize planted human embryos as children. And I know that you give careful miscarriage for example, and many have sort of said that it's going to have a chilling effect on miscarriage management. How how is your business thinking about expanding outside of New York City and what states you go into and how you're able to address those sorts of political headwinds.
Speaker 12: I mean, at the end of the day, we're in a business that is about supporting choice, whether that's the choice for how you want to go through your pregnancy or how you want a midwife, and it will be involved in care, or whether you want an epidural or nitrosoxide. And so I think we just take that principle and my values to any way in which we think about expanding care and services and sort of just keep that at the forefront of what we do. And we think women in you know, blue states and red states need grade care and we're going to be driven more by the patient demand and need for a better maternal care experience than sort of what's happening in the broader maybe political landscape.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll be seeing you expand that's not of New York. Come tell us where you're going next. It'd be great to have you back on ULLA. Co found and CEO Adrian Nickison. Good luck in the next few weeks.
Speaker 9: As well when it comes to your own family.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, returning to Female Founders Fund, You're a women conference. I got the chance to speak with Thrive global CEO Arianna Huffington just take a listen to about her thoughts about how hyper personalization AI and how much can use for potential health benefits.
Speaker 9: Take a listen.
Speaker 13: We are very excited at Thrive about the way we can bring in generative AI into daily behaviors because if we look at the data, we see that these five daily behaviors of sleep, food, movement, stress, and connection dramatically affect our health and our longevity. So the problem is that changing behaviors is not easy. But with AI and creating what we are building a co pilot wellness health co pilot. It's kind of incredible how this personalization can make dramatic changes and how we adopt healthier habits through microsteps. We are big believers and our scientific advisory board led by bj Fog from Stanford, is showing all the data that to change behaviors you have to start small. We call them micro steps, too small to fail, small daily changes that incrementally become healthier habits.
Speaker 2: This hyper personalization, as you reference it in artificial intelligence, is it already a reality already being deployed. How comfortable or uncomfortable are people with these sort of intimate cues.
Speaker 13: Well, that's what is so interesting. People are comfortable giving their own personal data biometrics labs calendar to show where they need the stress breaks, provided they get help back, provided they get value, and provided that they are given to others like employers, in an anonymized, aggregated way. And once we guarantee that, then people are willing to share personal data. And knowing personal preferences around sleep, around food, around how you like to exercise is critical so that the nudgets and their recommendations are hyper personalized. The other thing our line that is really important to remind ourselves of is that the healthcare system right now is broken. It's unsustainable. We are now spending seventeen percent of GDP in healthcare, up from five percent in the nineteen sixties, and the results are worse every year. Chronic diseases are skyrocketing. One that I can get out of my mind is that last year alone we had one hundred and fifty thousand leg amputations people with diabetes, and the human costs the healthcare cost are truly ancestainmon So that's why looking at behavior change as the miracle drug is something which we need to take much more seriously.
Speaker 2: Later Today, a private American made lunar lander, which was launched with a SpaceX rocket, is about to attempt landing on the Moon now. The spacecraft was built by Houston based Initiative Machines and is successful. This landing would put the US back in business on the Moon for the first time since NASA astronauts closed out the Apollo program fifty years ago. It would also become the first private outfit to realize the Moon landing. In Clayton Swape for his thoughts, his expertise, your deputy director of the Aerospace Security Project at the Central Strategic and International Studies. You've been tracking this mission closely. It's ahead of schedule. It looks like it's going to be landing softly, we hope, at four thirty pm New York time. Clayton, what does this signal about the way that NASA now does business?
Speaker 8: Well, thank you for having me on your show. First off, this is huge news. If intuitive machines can stick this landing today, this is a big news for commercial space. This is big news for the United States. We haven't been to the service of the Moon since nineteen seventy two. But this also is big news for NASA because it does validate the approach that they've taken for landing on the Moon of using commercial services to do that, which is very different than prior ways that NASA has done space missions.
Speaker 2: And what's interesting is it creates opportunities for this particular company. We've seen its ultimate market valuation skyrocket on the back of this potential success, but also other startups of life as it breathed into the ecosystem here in the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So this one program the NASA has, which I'm thinking looks a lot like FedEx or Uber to the Moon, where NASA is saying, we have a payload, we have something we want to get to the Moon's surface, and we're paying for a company to take it there. There are fourteen companies on that contract there from all around the country. Intuitive Machines is from Texas Astrobotic who attempted the first commercial landing under this program. They're from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So the idea is that you have a lot of innovation, a lot of disruption and how you can do space and the goal there is to create competition and then ultimately make it cheaper, to make it more cost effective to get something from Earth to the Moon.
Speaker 2: I mean, we understand that the NOVASEA has got six payloads and NASA five commercial ones as well, and its contract is roughly about one hundred million dollars. It has escalated since when it was first signed on. Just talk us through how difficult it might be to stick this landing, Like what failures we've seen RELI recently and what's going to be so important about this particular one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we sometimes forget how difficult it is just to get into space. So if we think about that in the context here, they had to get into space, they had to get from Earth to the Moon, they had to orbit the moon, and that last step landing on the Moon is probably the hardest part. We're having to relearn how to do that since we haven't done it for such a long time. The three prior commercial attempts to land on the Moon didn't succeed. I think the one way to look at these missions is how maybe the tech sector works and how you can fail fast and learn a lot from those activities. Admittedly, this is my first TV interview. I'm sure I'm going to watch this later and think I can never have done something I could have done something better, but I'll take that for the next one. And I think sometimes you only learn through through doing and through trying.
Speaker 2: Take us forward. Therefore Clayton say they sick the landing, it all works. What do we say see evolve from there? What are the next key landmarks that we want space marks and we want to see coming from such companies and in the NASA.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, One thing to keep in mind, so this is a commercial approach to doing space, to getting to the Moon, but it's still payrolled or bankrolled by the government. So this is NASA money funding these missions. So it's helping to learn how to get to the moon, using methodologies to get to the moon, investigating new technologies, but still it's government money. So what I think we're really going to want to see is how these foundational capabilities and ways to do business in space, how then those carry over into other economic development in space, and how people learn to find business uses in space that aren't necessarily based on government money. That could be anything from asteroid mining to generating electricity to some kind of manufacturing. So we're on the cusp of that, and these programs are really helping to pave the waste so that we know how to do that when that time comes.
Speaker 2: So certainly doesn't feel like it's going to be your only TV.
Speaker 9: We thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Csis Aerospace Security Project Deputy Director. Well, we wait with beta breath for four thirty pm New York time. Meanwhile, that does it for this edition of Bloomberg Technology. You do not want to forget to check out our podcast so much to digest, of course, all things in video, all things the AI ecosystem, and of course all things as we anticipate not only key IPO listening coming soon we understand from Reddit and a key launch and perhaps landing on the moon. This is Bloomberg Technology.